Genomes and Genes
growth hormone receptor
Gene Symbol: growth hormone receptor
Description: growth hormone receptor
Alias: GHBP, GHIP, GH receptor, growth hormone binding protein, serum binding protein, somatotropin receptor
Publications186 found, 100 shown here
- The binding of different biosynthetic and extracted human growth hormones to the growth hormone-binding protein of human serum: a comparative studyA Aguirre
Endocrinologia, Inst. Proagro, Sucre, Bolivia
Horm Metab Res 23:281-4. 1991This study of the human growth hormone binding protein (GHBP) was undertaken using several samples of hGH, extractive or recombinant, from different origins...
- Regulation of human growth hormone receptor gene transcription by human growth hormone binding proteinP E Mullis
Department of Paediatrics, University Childrens Hospital, Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
Mol Cell Endocrinol 131:89-96. 1997The hypothesis that growth hormone binding protein (GHBP) has an effect on its own on the regulation of the GH-receptor/GHBP transcription was tested...
- Localization and regulation of the growth hormone receptor and growth hormone-binding protein in the rat growth plateEvelien F Gevers
Department of Pediatrics, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
J Bone Miner Res 17:1408-19. 2002..The dual effector theory suggests that GH would act primarily on the "stem cells." However, staining with a GH receptor (GHR) antibody is found in all layers of the growth plate in rabbits and humans...
- The exon 3 deleted growth hormone receptor gene is associated with small birth size and early pubertal onset in healthy boysKaspar Sørensen
Department of Growth and Reproduction, GR 5064, Copenhagen University Hospital, Blegdamsvej 9, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:2819-26. 2010The GH/IGF-I axis influences gonadal development and function. Recently, a deletion of exon 3 in the GH receptor gene (GHRd3) has been linked to increased responsiveness to GH.
- Impact of the exon 3-deleted growth hormone (GH) receptor polymorphism on baseline height and the growth response to recombinant human GH therapy in GH-deficient (GHD) and non-GHD children with short stature: a systematic review and meta-analysisM J E Wassenaar
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases, Leiden University Medical Center, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:3721-30. 2009The exon-3 deleted GH receptor (GHR(d3)) polymorphism is associated with an increased growth response to recombinant human GH (rhGH) therapy in some, but not all, studies in GH-deficient (GHD) and non-GHD children with short stature.
- Adolescent idiopathic scoliosis and the single-nucleotide polymorphism of the growth hormone receptor and IGF-1 genesYong Yang
Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Department of Orthopedics, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Orthopedics 32:411. 2009..A replicable study is vital for reliability. To determine the relationship of growth hormone receptor and IGF-1 genes with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis, a population-based association study was performed...
- Species-specific alternative splice mimicry at the growth hormone receptor locus revealed by the lineage of retroelements during primate evolutionJ Pantel
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 468, Hopital Henri Mondor, 94010 Creteil Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 275:18664-9. 2000In humans, growth hormone receptor (GHR) transcripts exist in two isoforms differing by the retention (GHRfl) or exclusion (GHRd3) of exon 3, whereas in mice GHRfl is solely expressed...
- Mammalian protein-protein interaction trap (MAPPIT) analysis of STAT5, CIS, and SOCS2 interactions with the growth hormone receptorIsabel Uyttendaele
Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Department of Medical Protein Research, Ghent University, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, A Baertsoenkaai 3, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Mol Endocrinol 21:2821-31. 2007..protein-protein interaction trap (MAPPIT), a mammalian two-hybrid method, we mapped the binding sites in the GH receptor for signal transducer and activator of transcription 5 (STAT5) a and b and for the negative regulators of ..
- Growth hormone (GH) pharmacogenetics: influence of GH receptor exon 3 retention or deletion on first-year growth response and final height in patients with severe GH deficiencyAlexander A L Jorge
Hospital das Clinicas, Laboratorio de Hormonios, Avenida Dr Eneas de Carvalho Aguiar 155 PAMB, 2 Andar Bloco 6, 05403 900, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:1076-80. 2006..A polymorphism in GHR gene, the presence or absence of exon 3, has been shown to influence the 1- and 2-yr growth responses to human recombinant GH (hGH) therapy in children without GH deficiency (GHD)...
- Laron dwarfism and mutations of the growth hormone-receptor geneS Amselem
Service de Biochimie and INSERM, C H U Henri MONDOR, Creteil, France
N Engl J Med 321:989-95. 1989..basis, we used genetic linkage to test whether the disorder results from a defect in the gene for the human GH receptor. Denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis and sequencing of specific GH-receptor-gene fragments allowed us to ..
- The presence of the d3-growth hormone receptor polymorphism is negatively associated with fetal growth but positively associated with postnatal growth in healthy subjectsRikke Beck Jensen
University Department of Growth and Reproduction, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:2758-63. 2007A common polymorphism in the GH receptor (GHR) gene has been linked to increased growth response in GH-treated patients. No former study has focused on the association to prenatal growth.
- Growth hormone, interferon-gamma, and leukemia inhibitory factor promoted tyrosyl phosphorylation of insulin receptor substrate-1L S Argetsinger
Department of Physiology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109 0622, USA
J Biol Chem 270:14685-92. 1995..The ability of GH receptor (GHR) to transduce the signal for IRS-1 tyrosyl phosphorylation is mediated by the intracellular region of GHR ..
- Expression of exon 3-retaining and exon 3-excluding isoforms of the human growth hormone-receptor is regulated in an interindividual, rather than a tissue-specific, mannerR B Wickelgren
Department of Internal Medicine, Sahlgrenska, Hospital, University of Goteborg, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 80:2154-7. 1995..The human GH receptor (GHR) exists in two known isoforms; in one form exon 3 is present (GHR3+), and in the other, exon 3 is absent (..
- Alternative splicing of exon 3 of the human growth hormone receptor is the result of an unusual genetic polymorphismM L Stallings-Mann
Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:12394-9. 1996Two isoforms of the human growth hormone receptor (hGHR), which differ in the presence (hGHRwt) or absence (hGHRd3) of exon 3, are expressed in the placenta...
- Characterization of the human growth hormone receptor gene and demonstration of a partial gene deletion in two patients with Laron-type dwarfismP J Godowski
Department of Developmental Biology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86:8083-7. 1989..Several lines of evidence suggest that this disease is caused by a defect in the growth hormone receptor. In order to analyze the receptor gene in patients with Laron-type dwarfism and with other growth ..
- The ubiquitin ligase SCF(betaTrCP) regulates the degradation of the growth hormone receptorPeter van Kerkhof
Department of Cell Biology, University Medical Center Utrecht and Institute of Biomembranes, Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 282:20475-83. 2007..We show that the same ligase drives endocytosis and degradation of the growth hormone receptor (GHR) in a ligand-independent fashion...
- Exon 3-deleted/full-length growth hormone receptor polymorphism genotype frequencies in Spanish short small-for-gestational-age (SGA) children and adolescents (n = 247) and in an adult control population (n = 289) show increased fl/fl in short SGALaura Audi
Department of Pediatrics, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Autonmous University, Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:5038-43. 2006A polymorphism in the human GH receptor gene (d3/fl-GHR) resulting in genomic deletion of exon 3 has been associated with the degree of height increase in response to GH therapy.
- Identification of a region critical for proteolysis of the human growth hormone receptorFrançoise Conte
Centre de Recherche sur la Croissance CRC, Pavillon Leriche, Hopital Purpan, Place du Dr Baylac, Toulouse Cedex, 31059, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 290:851-7. 2002Release of soluble growth hormone binding protein (GHBP) corresponding to the extracellular domain of the GH receptor (GHR) occurs via distinct mechanisms depending on species...
- An intronic growth hormone receptor mutation causing activation of a pseudoexon is associated with a broad spectrum of growth hormone insensitivity phenotypesA David
Centre for Endocrinology, William Harvey Research Institute, University of London, London EC1M 6BQ, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:655-9. 2007Inherited GH insensitivity (GHI) is usually caused by mutations in the GH receptor (GHR)...
- The d3-growth hormone (GH) receptor polymorphism is associated with increased responsiveness to GH in Turner syndrome and short small-for-gestational-age childrenG Binder
Pediatric Endocrinology Section, University Children s Hospital, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 1, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:659-64. 2006A protein polymorphism of the GH receptor (GHR) based on the genomic deletion of exon 3 (d3-GHR) has recently been linked to the magnitude of growth response to high-dose recombinant human GH (rhGH) therapy of short children without GH ..
- Protective effects of recombinant human growth hormone on cirrhotic ratsShuang Chen
Department of General Surgery, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hospital, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510120, Guangdong Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:2894-7. 2004..To investigate the effects and molecular mechanisms of recombinant human growth hormone (rhGH) on protecting liver function and alleviating portal hypertension of liver cirrhotic rats...
- Structure and expression of the mouse growth hormone receptor/growth hormone binding protein geneJ G Moffat
Department of Biology, University of California, Santa Cruz, California 95060, USA
J Mol Endocrinol 23:33-44. 1999The mouse growth hormone receptor/growth hormone-binding protein (GHR/BP) gene produces several distinct mRNA forms through alternative splicing, including mRNAs encoding the membrane-bound growth hormone receptor (GHR) and the soluble ..
- Growth hormone receptor, insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1, and IGF-binding protein-2 expression in the reproductive tissues of early postpartum dairy cowsM L Rhoads
Division of Animal Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia 65211, USA
J Dairy Sci 91:1802-13. 2008..In liver, growth hormone receptor (GHR) and IGF-1 are dynamically regulated by lactation and energy balance...
- Functional promiscuity of squirrel monkey growth hormone receptor toward both primate and nonprimate growth hormonesSoojin Yi
Department of Ecology and Evolution, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Mol Biol Evol 19:1083-92. 2002..In contrast, its functional counterpart, the human growth hormone receptor (hGHR), has evolved species specificity so that it responds only to Old World primate GHs...
- The insulin-like growth factor I generation test: resistance to growth hormone with aging and estrogen replacement therapyS A Lieberman
Medical Service, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Palo Alto, California
Horm Metab Res 26:229-33. 1994..high-affinity circulating GH-binding protein (GHBP) has the same structure as the extracellular domain of the GH receptor and may reflect the sensitivity to GH in humans...
- Growth hormone-binding protein in patients with anorexia nervosa determined in two assay systemsA Murata
Department of Pediatrics, Chiba University School of Medicine, Japan
Horm Metab Res 24:297-9. 1992..serum GH-binding protein (BP) (GH-BP), which has been shown to be identical to the extracellular domain of GH receptor, and therefore might reflect peripheral GH receptor expression (i.e...
- [Effect of recombinant human growth hormone on growth of human Bel-7402 hepatic carcinoma xenografts in nude mice]Jian Ping Liu
Department of General Surgery, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510120, P R China
Ai Zheng 25:292-6. 2006..Because most primary hepatic carcinoma could express human growth hormone receptor (GHR), this study was to explore the effects of rhGH on the growth of human Bel-7402 hepatic carcinoma (..
- Generation of epitope-specific antibodies to rat GHBP in the sheep using an interspecies switching strategy involving site-directed mutagenesis of ovine GHBPJ H Shand
Hannah Research Institute, Ayr, UK
Eur J Biochem 266:917-23. 1999..Using site-directed mutagenesis, we altered the two dominant linear epitopes in the ovine growth hormone binding protein to the analogous sequences in rat growth hormone binding protein...
- Morphogenic and tumorigenic potentials of the mammary growth hormone/growth hormone receptor systemEvert Van Garderen
Department of Pathology, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Mol Cell Endocrinol 197:153-65. 2002..The growth hormone receptor (GHR) is also expressed in normal and tumorous canine mammary tissues and in this concise overview we ..
- Growth hormone binding protein 2001G Baumann
Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL, USA
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 14:355-75. 2001..with particular emphasis on the high affinity GHBP, which represents the circulating ectodomain of the growth hormone receptor (GHR)...
- The influence of gene-environment interactions on GHR and IGF-1 expression and their association with growth in brook charr, Salvelinus fontinalis (Mitchill)Guillaume Côté
Departement de Biologie, Universite Laval, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
BMC Genet 8:87. 2007..saltwater), sex and genotypic (low vs. high estimated breeding value EBV) effects on the transcription level of insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1) and growth hormone receptor (GHR) in brook charr (Salvelinus fontinalis).
- Increase of serum growth hormone-binding protein in patients with ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament of the spineS Ikegawa
Department of Orthopedics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 18:1757-60. 1993Serum growth hormone-binding protein (GHBP) was measured in 26 patients with ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament of the spine (OPLL) and 19 age-matched controls...
- Caveolar and lipid raft localization of the growth hormone receptor and its signaling elements: impact on growth hormone signalingNing Yang
Department of Cell Biology, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1530 3rd Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Biol Chem 279:20898-905. 2004The growth hormone receptor (GHR) is a cell surface receptor that mediates the somatogenic and metabolic effects of the growth hormone (GH)...
- Expression of growth hormone receptor and its mRNA in hepatic cirrhosisHong Tao Wang
Department of Hepato biliary Surgery, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hospital, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510120, Guangdong Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:765-70. 2003To investigate the expression of growth hormone receptor (GHR) and mRNA of GHR in cirrhotic livers of rats with the intension to find the basis for application of recombinant human growth hormone (rhGH) to patients with liver cirrhosis.
- [Expression of growth hormone receptor in hepatocellular carcinoma and its significance]Jian Ping Liu
Department of General Surgery, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, 510120, P R China
Ai Zheng 22:298-301. 2003..rhGH cannot work except that it combines to its own receptor growth hormone receptor (GHR)...
- Differential regulation of membrane associated-growth hormone binding protein (MA-GHBP) and growth hormone receptor (GHR) expression by growth hormone (GH) in mouse liverL Gonzalez
Instituto de Quimica y Fisicoquimica Biologicas, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Junin 956, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Growth Horm IGF Res 17:104-12. 2007..humans and rabbits and alternative processing of the GHR transcript in rodents generates circulating growth hormone binding protein (GHBP)...
- Impact of growth hormone resistance on female reproductive function: new insights from growth hormone receptor knockout miceDenise Zaczek
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale 62901 6512, USA
Biol Reprod 67:1115-24. 2002We examined multiple aspects of reproductive function in growth hormone receptor gene knockout (GHR-KO) and normal mice to clarify the role of growth hormone in female reproduction...
- Characterization of the short isoform of the growth hormone receptor synthesized by rat adipocytesG P Frick
Department of Physiology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester 01655
Endocrinology 131:3083-90. 1992Two mRNA transcripts that are believed to be alternately spliced products of the GH receptor gene have been reported in a variety of rat tissues. The smaller (1...
- Cloning and characterization of chicken growth hormone binding protein (cGHBP)J S Lau
Department of Zoology, 5N 12, Kadoorie Biological Sciences Building, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, HKSAR, China
Domest Anim Endocrinol 33:107-21. 2007..GH also binds to the growth hormone binding protein (GHBP) which is the soluble form of GHR extracellular domain existing in circulation...
- Polymorphisms and haplotypes in the bovine neuropeptide Y, growth hormone receptor, ghrelin, insulin-like growth factor 2, and uncoupling proteins 2 and 3 genes and their associations with measures of growth, performance, feed efficiency, and carcass meriE L Sherman
Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, T6G 2P5, Canada
J Anim Sci 86:1-16. 2008..In the current study, SNP in the bovine neuropeptide Y (NPY), growth hormone receptor (GHR), ghrelin (GHRL), uncoupling proteins 2 and 3 (UCP2 and UCP3), IGF2, corticotrophin-releasing ..
- Hepatic gene expression in multiparous Holstein cows treated with bovine somatotropin and fed n-3 fatty acids in early lactationM Carriquiry
Department of Animal Science, University of Minnesota, St Paul 55108 6118, USA
J Dairy Sci 92:4889-900. 2009..Liver biopsies were collected on -12, 10, 24, and 136 DIM for gene expression analysis. Growth hormone receptor (GHR), insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I), IGF-binding protein-3 (IGFBP3), hepatic nuclear factor ..
- Studies of gene expression in liver of insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I, IGF binding protein-3 and growth hormone (GH) receptor/GH binding protein in rats treated neonatally with monosodium glutamateA Kubota
Department of Paediatrics, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Japan
Horm Metab Res 26:497-503. 1994..growth factor (IGF)-I, IGF binding protein (IGFBP)-3 and growth hormone (GH) receptor (GHR)/GH binding protein (GHBP) in liver of rats treated neonatally with monosodium glutamate (MSG)...
- Polymorphism in genes of growth hormone receptor (GHR) and insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF1) and its association with both the IGF1 expression in liver and its level in blood in Polish Holstein-Friesian cattleAndrzej Maj
Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding, Polish Academy of Sciences, Jastrzebiec, 05 552 Wolka Kosowska, Poland
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 29:981-9. 2008..The objective of this study was to examine the effects of polymorphisms in 5'-regions of the bovine ghr and igf1 genes on the igf1 gene expression in the liver and on the level of IGF1 in blood of Polish Holstein-Friesian cattle...
- Determinants of growth hormone receptor down-regulationLuqin Deng
Department of Cell Biology, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0012, USA
Mol Endocrinol 21:1537-51. 2007b>GH receptor (GHR) is a cytokine receptor family member that responds to GH by activation of the receptor-associated tyrosine kinase, JAK2 (Janus family of tyrosine kinase 2)...
- Effects of food deprivation on expression of growth hormone receptor and proximate composition in liver of black seabream Acanthopagrus schlegeliL Deng
College of Life Science, Shenzhen University, Shenzhen 518060, PR China
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 137:421-32. 2004The effects of food deprivation on the hepatic level growth hormone receptor (GHR) were investigated in black seabream (Acanthopagrus schlegeli) both at the protein level (by radioreceptor assay) and at the mRNA level (by ribonuclease ..
- Involvement of hepatocyte nuclear factor-4 in the expression of the growth hormone receptor 1A messenger ribonucleic acid in bovine liverH Jiang
Animal Sciences Research Center, Department of Animal Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Mol Endocrinol 15:1023-34. 2001The GH receptor 1A mRNA (GHR 1A mRNA) is one of the major GHR mRNA variants that differ in the 5'-untranslated region. The GHR 1A mRNA is unique because it is exclusively expressed in liver...
- Divergent evolution in the cytoplasmic domains of PRLR and GHR genes in ArtiodactylaTerhi Iso-Touru
Biotechnology and Food Research, MTT Agrifood Research Finland, Jokioinen, Finland
BMC Evol Biol 9:172. 2009Prolactin receptor (PRLR) and growth hormone receptor (GHR) belong to the large superfamily of class 1 cytokine receptors...
- Reduced levels of thyroid hormones, insulin, and glucose, and lower body core temperature in the growth hormone receptor/binding protein knockout mouseS J Hauck
Department of Physiology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Carbondale, Illinois 62901 6512, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 226:552-8. 2001..Reductions in these parameters may be important to the underlying mechanisms of delayed aging in these animals...
- Sensitivity of hybrid ovine/rat GH receptors to oGH and rat GH in transfected FDC-P1 mouse myeloid cells in vitroJames Beattie
Department of Molecular Recognition, Hannah Research Institute, Ayr, Scotland
Mol Cell Biochem 238:137-43. 2002We have described previously the properties of two mutant ovine growth hormone receptor extracellular domain (oGHR-ECD) proteins which were created by substituting sequences from the rat GHR at two different locations within the ..
- Chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter transcription factor II (COUP-TFII) and hepatocyte nuclear factor 4gamma (HNF-4gamma) and HNF-4alpha regulate the bovine growth hormone receptor 1A promoter through a common DNA elementQ Xu
Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
J Mol Endocrinol 32:947-61. 2004The growth hormone receptor (GHR) 1A promoter is responsible for transcription of the liver-specific GHR mRNA variant 1A in several mammalian species...
- Evidence supporting dual, IGF-I-independent and IGF-I-dependent, roles for GH in promoting longitudinal bone growthJ Wang
Developmental Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Endocrinol 180:247-55. 2004..To test this hypothesis, we compared long bone growth in mice with targeted deletions of Igf1 vs growth hormone receptor (Ghr)...
- The evolutionary radiation of Arvicolinae rodents (voles and lemmings): relative contribution of nuclear and mitochondrial DNA phylogeniesThomas Galewski
Laboratoire de Paléontologie, Phylogénie et Paléobiologie CC064, Institut des Sciences de l Evolution UMR 5554 CNRS, Universite Montpellier II, France
BMC Evol Biol 6:80. 2006..Here, we compare the relative contribution of a nuclear marker--the exon 10 of the growth hormone receptor (GHR) gene--to the one of the mitochondrial CYB for inferring phylogenetic relationships among the major ..
- Growth hormone signaling in human T47D breast cancer cells: potential role for a growth hormone receptor-prolactin receptor complexJie Xu
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0012, USA
Mol Endocrinol 25:597-610. 2011b>GH receptor (GHR) and prolactin (PRL) receptor (PRLR) are structurally similar cytokine receptor superfamily members that are highly conserved among species...
- Lipopolysaccharide (LPS) directly suppresses growth hormone receptor (GHR) expression through MyD88-dependent and -independent Toll-like receptor-4/MD2 complex signaling pathwaysPrapai Dejkhamron
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 274:35-42. 2007..in the intact animal the major surface component of the bacterial cell wall, lipopolysaccharide (LPS), inhibits GH receptor (GHR) gene expression...
- Impact of growth hormone receptor blockade on substrate metabolism during fasting in healthy subjectsLouise Moller
Medical Department M, Medical Research Laboratories, Clinical Institute, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus Sygehus, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:4524-32. 2009..These models may not adequately reflect the selective effects of GH, and GH receptor (GHR) blockade offers a new model to define the metabolic role of GH.
- Plasma leptin in depressed patients and healthy controlsM Deuschle
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Clinical Institute, , Germany
Horm Metab Res 28:714-7. 1996..suspected to be related to leptin, we also studied cortisol, insulin, growth hormone (GH) and GH-binding protein (GHBP). We found that leptin plasma concentrations did not differ between depressed patients and healthy controls...
- Cloning of Atlantic halibut growth hormone receptor genes and quantitative gene expression during metamorphosisJon Hildahl
Fish Endocrinology Laboratory, Department of Zoology Zoophysiology, Goteborg University, Box 436, S 40530 Göteborg, Sweden
Gen Comp Endocrinol 151:143-52. 2007..The cDNA of the full-length GH receptor (hhGHR) was cloned from adult liver and characterized...
- Expression of growth hormone receptor 1A mRNA is decreased in dairy cows but not in beef cows at parturitionH Jiang
Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg 24061, USA
J Dairy Sci 88:1370-7. 2005....
- Variants of the 5'-untranslated region of the bovine growth hormone receptor mRNA: isolation, expression and effects on translational efficiencyH Jiang
Department of Animal Sciences, 164 Animal Science Research Center, University of Missouri, 65211 5300, Columbia MO, USA
Gene 265:45-53. 2001The growth hormone receptor (GHR) gene in cattle is expressed as multiple GHR mRNA variants that differ in the 5'-untranslated region (5'-UTR). Three GHR mRNA 5'-UTR variants (named 1A, 1B, and 1C) were isolated in previous studies...
- CIDE-A gene expression is decreased in white adipose tissue of growth hormone receptor/binding protein gene disrupted mice and with high-fat feeding of normal miceBruce Kelder
Edison Biotechnology Institute, Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701, USA
Growth Horm IGF Res 17:346-51. 2007..WAT) results in decreased body fat in giant GH transgenic mice and increased subcutaneous fat in dwarf growth hormone receptor/binding protein gene-disrupted mice (GHR -/-)...
- Regulation of human growth hormone receptor gene transcription by triiodothyronine (T3)P E Mullis
Department of Paediatrics, Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
Mol Cell Endocrinol 147:17-25. 1999..hormone (GH) may have some direct or indirect effect on the regulation of GH-receptor/GH-binding protein (GHR/GHBP) gene transcription was tested. Different concentrations of T3 (0, 0...
- Growth hormone receptor interaction with Jak proteins differs between tissuesG Hellgren
Research Centre for Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
J Interferon Cytokine Res 21:75-83. 2001..The growth hormone receptor (GHR) is believed to interact predominantly with Jak2, but studies on cell lines have shown that it may ..
- Reduced serum insulin-like growth factor (IGF) I is associated with reduced liver IGF-I mRNA and liver growth hormone receptor mRNA in food-deprived cattleYing Wang
Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA 24060, USA
J Nutr 133:2555-60. 2003..mechanism by determining the effects of food deprivation on the levels of total IGF-I mRNA and total growth hormone receptor (GHR) mRNA, as well as the levels of individual IGF-I mRNA variants and GHR mRNA variants in the liver of ..
- Effects of a lone star tick (Amblyomma americanum) burden on performance and metabolic indicators in growing beef steersD R Tolleson
The University of Arizona, V Bar V Ranch, School of Natural Resources and the Environment, 2657 S Village Dr, Cottonwood, AZ 86326 5875, United States
Vet Parasitol 173:99-106. 2010..1) glucose concentrations. Tick treatment did not significantly (P<0.1) affect growth hormone receptor (GHR) mRNA in liver, but liver tissue from treated animals had numerically lower GHR mRNA than did tissue ..
- Janus kinase 2 influences growth hormone receptor metalloproteolysisKimberly Loesch
Department of Cell Biology, University of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0012, USA
Endocrinology 147:2839-49. 2006GH signals through the GH receptor (GHR), a cytokine receptor superfamily member that couples to the cytoplasmic tyrosine kinase, Janus kinase 2 (JAK2)...
- Uterine and hepatic gene expression in relation to days postpartum, estrus, and pregnancy in postpartum dairy cowsM L Rhoads
Division of Animal Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia 65211, USA
J Dairy Sci 91:140-50. 2008The somatotropic axis consisting of growth hormone, the growth hormone receptor (GHR) insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I, and IGF binding proteins changes with the stage of lactation and nutrition of the cow and may be 1 mechanism ..
- The extracellular domain of the growth hormone receptor interacts with coactivator activator to promote cell proliferationBecky L Conway-Campbell
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, University of Queensland, St Lucia 4072, Australia
Mol Endocrinol 22:2190-202. 2008The presence of GH receptor (GHR) in the cell nucleus correlates with cell division, and targeting the GHR to the nucleus results in constitutive proliferation and transformation because of increased sensitivity to autocrine GH...
- [Significance of the changes of growth hormone receptor mRNA in liver after cardiopulmonary bypass in a rat model]Yong An
Cardiovascular Surgery Center of People s Liberation Army, Xinqiao Hospital, The Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400037, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 45:1485-7. 2007To study the significance of the changes of growth hormone receptor mRNA (GHR mRNA) in liver after cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) in a rat model.
- Growth hormone receptor gene deficiency causes delayed insulin responsiveness in skeletal muscles without affecting compensatory islet cell overgrowth in obese miceKatie Robertson
Fraser Laboratories for Diabetic Research, Department of Medicine, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, QC, Canada
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 291:E491-8. 2006..These data demonstrate that GH signaling is not required for compensatory islet growth. Thus, in both muscle insulin responsiveness and islet growth compensation, normal levels of GH signals do not seem to play a dominant role...
- Growth hormone receptor expression in human colorectal cancerXiaodong Yang
Medical College, Nanjing University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210093, China
Dig Dis Sci 49:1493-8. 2004The purpose of this study was to determine whether human colorectal cancer (CRC) expresses growth hormone receptor (GHR) and whether growth hormone plays an important role in the development and progression of human CRC...
- Expression and molecular characterization of the growth hormone receptor in canine mammary tissue and mammary tumorsE van Garderen
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Endocrinology 140:5907-14. 1999..In the present report, the characteristics of the GH receptor (GHR) are studied in these tissues...
- Identification of novel sites in the ovine growth hormone receptor involved in binding hormone and conferring species specificityG J Allan
Hannah Research Institute, Ayr, Scotland, UK
Eur J Biochem 261:555-62. 1999Using site-directed mutagenesis we mutated the extracellular domain of the ovine growth hormone receptor (oGHR) to the corresponding amino acids in the rat GHR at two different sites: site A is between Thr28 and Leu34 and represents a ..
- Janus kinase 2 determinants for growth hormone receptor association, surface assembly, and signalingKai He
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0012, USA
Mol Endocrinol 17:2211-27. 2003GH signaling depends on functional interaction of the GH receptor (GHR) and the cytoplasmic tyrosine kinase, Janus kinase 2 (JAK2), which possesses a C-terminal kinase domain, a catalytically inactive pseudokinase domain just N-terminal ..
- The role of the bovine growth hormone receptor and prolactin receptor genes in milk, fat and protein production in Finnish Ayrshire dairy cattleSirja Viitala
MTT Agrifood Research Finland, Biotechnology and Food Research, Jokioinen, Finland
Genetics 173:2151-64. 2006..the QTL effect on chromosome 20 in Finnish Ayrshire can be explained by variation in two distinct genes, growth hormone receptor (GHR) and prolactin receptor (PRLR)...
- Stature in Ecuadorians heterozygous for growth hormone receptor gene E180 splice mutation does not differ from that of homozygous normal relativesA L Rosenbloom
Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville 32608, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 83:2373-5. 1998Heterozygosity for certain mutations of the GH receptor (GHR) gene has been proposed as the cause of partial resistance to GH, and there has been a recent demonstration of a dominant-negative effect of such a mutation in a mother and ..
- Puberty is delayed in male growth hormone receptor gene-disrupted miceDavid E Keene
Department of Physiology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Carbondale, Illinois 62901 6512, USA
J Androl 23:661-8. 2002..These results suggest that the absence of IGF-I secretion delays the normal course of sexual maturation in male GHR-KO mice, indicating that IGF-I plays an important role in the initiation of puberty in male mice...
- Expression of somatotropin receptor messenger ribonucleic acid in bovine tissuesM C Lucy
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia 65211, USA
J Dairy Sci 81:1889-95. 1998The somatotropin receptor mRNA is controlled by at least two different gene promoters that generate two variants with different exon 1 sequences (1A and 1B)...
- The growth hormone receptor (GHR) exon 3 polymorphism and its correlation with metabolic profiles in obese Chinese childrenLingling Gao
Children s Hospital of Fudan University, Pediatric Endocrinology and Inborn Metabolic Diseases, Shanghai, China
Pediatr Diabetes 12:429-34. 2011We investigated the correlation between the growth hormone receptor (GHR) exon 3 polymorphism and the metabolic profiles of Chinese children with obesity.
- Growth hormone stimulates hepatic expression of bovine growth hormone receptor messenger ribonucleic acid through signal transducer and activator of transcription 5 activation of a major growth hormone receptor gene promoterHonglin Jiang
Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences, Large Animal Clinical Sciences, 3130 Litton Reaves Hall, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061 0306, USA
Endocrinology 148:3307-15. 2007The objective of this study was to determine whether and how GH regulates hepatic expression of GH receptor (GHR) mRNA in cattle...
- Growth hormone receptor deficiency in mice results in reduced systolic blood pressure and plasma renin, increased aortic eNOS expression, and altered cardiovascular structure and functionE Egecioglu
Departments of Physiology, Sahlgrenska Academy, Goteborg University, Gothenberg, Sweden
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 292:E1418-25. 2007To study the role of the growth hormone receptor (GHR) in the development of cardiovascular structure and function, female GHR gene-disrupted or knockout (KO) and wild-type (WT) mice at age 18 wk were used...
- A novel Y332C missense mutation in the intracellular domain of the human growth hormone receptor does not alter STAT5b signaling: redundancy of GHR intracellular tyrosines involved in STAT5b signalingMichael A Derr
Department of Pediatrics, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
Horm Res Paediatr 75:187-99. 2011The growth hormone receptor (GHR), upon binding with GH, induces JAK2-mediated phosphorylation of GHR intracellular tyrosines, which then recruit STAT5b...
- Expression of two variants of growth hormone receptor messenger ribonucleic acid in porcine liverJ Liu
Department of Animal Science, University of Missouri, Columbia 65211, USA
J Anim Sci 78:306-17. 2000Transcription of GH receptor (GHR) mRNA is initiated from multiple promoters. Most GHR mRNA arise from GHR Promoter 1 (GHR P1) and GHR P2, which transcribe GHR 1A and GHR 1B mRNA, respectively...
- Evaluation of the somatogenic activity of bovine placental lactogen with cell lines transfected with the bovine somatotropin receptorW C Warren
Agricultural Sector, Monsanto Company, St Louis, MO 63198, USA
Life Sci 65:2755-67. 1999..in vivo even though binding results clearly indicate bPL does not cause homodimerization of the bovine somatotropin receptor (bST-R)...
- Characterization of the GHR gene genetic variation in Chinese indigenous goat breedsW L Bai
College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Shenyang Agricultural University, Shenyang, 110161, China
Mol Biol Rep 38:471-9. 2011The aim of the present work was to investigate single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) of growth hormone receptor (GHR) gene exon 10, characterize the genetic variation in three Chinese indigenous goat breeds, and search for its potential ..
- Metalloprotease-mediated GH receptor proteolysis and GHBP shedding. Determination of extracellular domain stem region cleavage siteXiangdong Wang
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
J Biol Chem 277:50510-9. 2002..In humans, rabbits, and other species, GHBP derives from proteolytic shedding of the GH receptor (GHR) extracellular domain...
- Episodic evolution of growth hormone in primates and emergence of the species specificity of human growth hormone receptorJ C Liu
Department of Integrative Biology, University of Texas Houston Medical School, TX, USA
Mol Biol Evol 18:945-53. 2001..Also, human growth hormone receptor (GHR) displays species specificity; i.e...
- Jak2 is a negative regulator of ubiquitin-dependent endocytosis of the growth hormone receptorJoyce Putters
Department of Cell Biology and Institute of Biomembranes, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 6:e14676. 2011..Degradation of certain cytokine receptors is mediated by the ubiquitin ligase SCF(βTrCP). In several instances, Janus kinase (Jak) family members can stabilise their cognate cytokine receptors at the cell surface...
- Janus kinase 2 enhances the stability of the mature growth hormone receptorKai He
Endocrinology Section Medical Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1530 3rd Avenue South, BDB 861, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0012, USA
Endocrinology 146:4755-65. 2005The abundance of surface GH receptor (GHR) is an important determinant of cellular GH sensitivity and is regulated at both transcriptional and posttranscriptional levels...
- Ligand-independent growth hormone receptor dimerization occurs in the endoplasmic reticulum and is required for ubiquitin system-dependent endocytosisJürgen Gent
Department of Cell Biology and Institute of Biomembranes, University Medical Center, 3584 CX, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:9858-63. 2002The regulatory effect of growth hormone (GH) on its target cells is mediated via the GH receptor (GHR)...
- [The developmental patterns of GHr gene expression in gastric tissue of Erhualian and large white pigs]Dong Xia
Key Laboratory of Animal Physiology and Biochemistry, Ministy of Agriculture, Nanjing Agriculturat University, Nanjing 210095, China
Yi Chuan Xue Bao 29:492-6. 2002..The relationship between GH and the development of gastric function is to be elucidated...
- Growth hormone receptor expression in brain tumorsTetsuhiko Sakoguchi
Department of Neurosurgery, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Hiroshima J Med Sci 61:1-6. 2012..To clarify these problems from the perspective of receptor expression, we examined GH receptor (GHR) expression in brain tumors using immunohistochemistry and the correlation between GHR expression and ..
- Pre-spliceosomal binding of U1 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein (RNP) and heterogenous nuclear RNP E1 is associated with suppression of a growth hormone receptor pseudoexonScott A Akker
Department of Endocrinology, 5th Floor, King George V Block, St Bartholomew s Hospital, West Smithfield, London EC1A 7BE, United Kingdom
Mol Endocrinol 21:2529-40. 2007Pseudoexons occur frequently in the human genome. This paper characterizes a pseudoexon in the GH receptor gene. Inappropriate activation of this pseudoexon causes Laron syndrome...
- Ghrelin inhibits contraction and proliferation of human aortic smooth muscle cells by cAMP/PKA pathway activationFabio Rossi
Dipartimento di Fisiopatologia Medica, Sapienza Universita di Roma, Rome, Italy
Atherosclerosis 203:97-104. 2009..Our data document that Ghr affects several HASMC functions, opening the way to consider ghrelin as a possible therapeutic target in many pathological conditions associated with vascular damage and remodelling...
- Inhibition by interleukin-1 beta and tumor necrosis factor-alpha of the insulin-like growth factor I messenger ribonucleic acid response to growth hormone in rat hepatocyte primary cultureJ P Thissen
Unite de Diabetologie et Nutrition, School of Medicine, University of Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Endocrinology 138:1078-84. 1997..In contrast, IL-6 did not impair the IGF-I mRNA response to GH. To determine the potential role of the GH receptor (GHR) and the GH-binding protein (GHBP) in this GH resistance, we assessed the GHR and GHBP mRNAs response to ..
- An agonist-induced conformational change in the growth hormone receptor determines the choice of signalling pathwayScott W Rowlinson
Institute for Molecular Bioscience and School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Queensland, St Lucia 4072, Australia
Nat Cell Biol 10:740-7. 2008The growth and metabolic actions of growth hormone (GH) are believed to be mediated through the GH receptor (GHR) by JAK2 activation...
- A short isoform of the human growth hormone receptor functions as a dominant negative inhibitor of the full-length receptor and generates large amounts of binding proteinR J Ross
Department of Medicine, Sheffield University, UK
Mol Endocrinol 11:265-73. 1997The GH receptor (GHR) is a member of the cytokine receptor family. Short isoforms resulting from alternative splicing have been reported for a number of proteins in this family...
- Polymorphisms of the ghrelin/obestatin gene and ghrelin levels in Chinese children with short statureChao Chun Zou
Department of Endocrinology, The Children s Hospital of Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, China
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 69:99-104. 2008..To investigate the role of ghrelin and polymorphisms of ghrelin/obestatin gene in children with short stature...
- A membrane-fixed, truncated isoform of the human growth hormone receptorT Amit
Department of Pharmacology, Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Haifa, Israel
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 82:3813-7. 1997Previously, we reported the identification of a new human GH receptor (hGHR) messenger RNA species that encodes a smaller hGHR isoform, termed hGHRtr...
- Activation of growth hormone receptors by growth hormone and growth hormone antagonist dimers: insights into receptor triggeringNing Yang
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0012, USA
Mol Endocrinol 22:978-88. 2008..Furthermore, we infer that there is substantial flexibility in the GHR extracellular domain, such that it productively accommodates GH dimers that are much larger than GH...
- Influence of growth hormone (GH) receptor deletion of exon 3 and full-length isoforms on GH response and final height in patients with severe GH deficiencyBarbara Räz
University Children s Hospital, Pediatric Endocrinology, Diabetology, and Metabolism, University of Bern, CH 3010 Bern, Switzerland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:974-80. 2008A polymorphism of the GH receptor (GHR) gene resulting in genomic deletion of exon 3 (GHR-d3) has been associated with responsiveness to GH therapy...
- An antisense oligonucleotide targeting the growth hormone receptor inhibits neovascularization in a mouse model of retinopathyJennifer L Wilkinson-Berka
Department of Immunology, Monash University, Alfred and Medical Research Precinct, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mol Vis 13:1529-38. 2007..We tested whether this systemically delivered antisense oligonucleotide could inhibit neovascularization in mice with oxygen induced retinopathy (OIR)...
- Cross-talk between growth hormone and inflammation pathways in kidney damageKaren T Coschigano; Fiscal Year: 2010..To test the first hypothesis, we will induce diabetes in growth hormone receptor/binding protein knock-out (GHR/BP KO) mice, which lack GH signaling, and their non-transgenic (NT) ..
- Fetal Postnatal Regulation of Expression of the GH ReceptorRam K Menon; Fiscal Year: 2010Expression and function of the growth hormone receptor (GHR) is essential for the action of pituitary growth hormone (GH)...
- Neurodegeneration in Aging Retarded MiceRoger Albin; Fiscal Year: 2009..responsible for a moderately aggressive phenotype and 2 copies of a null mutation mutation at the Growth Hormone receptor (GHR) locus...
- Hormonal signals, genome integrity and longevityJan Vijg; Fiscal Year: 2009..we will compare the lacZ mutation accumulation pattern in cells and tissues of these mice with that in Growth Hormone Receptor (GHR)- and IGF-1 receptor (IGF-1 R)- defective mice...
- GROWTH RETARDATION IN CHRONIC RENAL FAILURERobert Mak; Fiscal Year: 2001..Two specific molecular defects in the GH-IGF-I axis have been identified in CRF chondrocytes. Growth hormone receptor(GHR) mRNA (Northern blot) and protein (immunoblot) are both decreased in CRF chondrocytes and may account ..
- MECHANISMS OF ORDERED BINDING OF LACTOGENS AND RECEPTORSCharles Brooks; Fiscal Year: 2002..Current information suggests lactogens may be similar to hGH and the somatotropin receptor where binding is an ordered process...
- FETAL/POSTNATAL REGULATION OF GH RECEPTOR EXPRESSIONRam Menon; Fiscal Year: 2000..At the cellular level GH elicits its actions by initially binding to a cell surface protein termed the growth hormone receptor (GHR)...
- GROWTH HORMONE RECEPTORS AND ACTIONSChristin Carter Su; Fiscal Year: 2000..applicant's abstract): The main purpose of these studies will be to analyze in detail the regions of the growth hormone receptor (GHR) and the JAK2 kinase that are activated in response to growth hormone binding, to identify signaling ..
- GROWTH HORMONE RECEPTOR SIGNAL TRANSDUCTIONGerhard Baumann; Fiscal Year: 1992..2) The intracellular domain of the GH receptor will be expressed in both monomeric and dimeric form. It will then be used as an affinity reagent to...
- Tyrosine Phosphyorylation and Growth Hormone SignalingSTUART FRANK; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will significantly expand knowledge of GH and cytokine signaling and of biologicallyrelevant crosstalk between cytokine and growth factor signaling systems. ..
- GROWTH HORMONE RECEPTORS AND ACTIONSChristin Carter Su; Fiscal Year: 2010..was the identification of the tyrosine (Tyr) kinase JAK2 as a receptor-associated signaling molecule for the GH receptor (GHR)...