Genomes and Genes
growth arrest specific 11
Gene Symbol: growth arrest specific 11
Description: growth arrest specific 8
Alias: CILD33, DRC4, GAS11, dynein regulatory complex subunit 4, growth arrest-specific protein 8, GAS-11, growth arrest-specific protein 11
Products: growth arrest specific 11
- Qin Y, Sun W, Zhang H, Zhang P, Wang Z, Dong W, et al. LncRNA GAS8-AS1 inhibits cell proliferation through ATG5-mediated autophagy in papillary thyroid cancer. Endocrine. 2018;59:555-564 pubmed publisher..This provided a new experimental basis to explore the effects of lncRNA on autophagy in the treatment of thyroid cancer. ..
- Ali M, Zheng W, Sohail S, Li Q, Zheng W, Zhang H. A genetically enhanced sterile insect technique against the fruit fly, Bactrocera dorsalis (Hendel) by feeding adult double-stranded RNAs. Sci Rep. 2017;7:4063 pubmed publisher..dorsalis flies. In short, this study provides an effective SIT technique for long-term B. dorsalis management. ..
- Hubert A, Henderson J, Cowles M, Ross K, Hagen M, Anderson C, et al. A functional genomics screen identifies an Importin-Î± homolog as a regulator of stem cell function and tissue patterning during planarian regeneration. BMC Genomics. 2015;16:769 pubmed publisher..We have additionally created an online database to house our in situ and RNAi data to make it accessible to the planarian research community. ..
- Yeh S, Chen Y, Chang A, Ray R, She B, Lee W, et al. Isolation and properties of Gas8, a growth arrest-specific gene regulated during male gametogenesis to produce a protein associated with the sperm motility apparatus. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:6311-7 pubmed
- Olbrich H, Cremers C, Loges N, Werner C, Nielsen K, Marthin J, et al. Loss-of-Function GAS8 Mutations Cause Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia and Disrupt the Nexin-Dynein Regulatory Complex. Am J Hum Genet. 2015;97:546-54 pubmed publisher..Genome-wide exome sequence analyses identified recessive loss-of-function mutations in GAS8 encoding DRC4 in three independent PCD-affected families.
- Lewis W, Malarkey E, Tritschler D, Bower R, Pasek R, Porath J, et al. Mutation of Growth Arrest Specific 8 Reveals a Role in Motile Cilia Function and Human Disease. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1006220 pubmed publisher..GAS8 shares strong sequence similarity with the Chlamydomonas Nexin-Dynein Regulatory Complex (NDRC) protein 4 (DRC4) where it is needed for proper flagella motility...
- Nan H, Kraft P, Qureshi A, Guo Q, Chen C, Hankinson S, et al. Genome-wide association study of tanning phenotype in a population of European ancestry. J Invest Dermatol. 2009;129:2250-7 pubmed publisher..Overall, these tanning ability-related loci are similar to the hair color-related loci previously reported in the GWAS of hair color. ..
- Zhang D, Liu X, Wei B, Qiao G, Jiang T, Chen Z. Plasma lncRNA GAS8-AS1 as a Potential Biomarker of Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma in Chinese Patients. Int J Endocrinol. 2017;2017:2645904 pubmed publisher..746 in LNM prediction (P < 0.001). The present study indicates that circulating GAS8-AS1 is a potential biomarker for PTC diagnosis and LNM prediction. ..
- Bower R, Tritschler D, Mills K, Heuser T, Nicastro D, Porter M. DRC2/CCDC65 is a central hub for assembly of the nexin-dynein regulatory complex and other regulators of ciliary and flagellar motility. Mol Biol Cell. 2018;29:137-153 pubmed publisher..Mutations in three subunits (DRC1, DRC2/CCDC65, DRC4/GAS8) have been linked to defects in ciliary motility in humans and lead to a ciliopathy known as primary ciliary ..
- Jeanson L, Thomas L, Copin B, Coste A, Sermet Gaudelus I, Dastot Le Moal F, et al. Mutations in GAS8, a Gene Encoding a Nexin-Dynein Regulatory Complex Subunit, Cause Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia with Axonemal Disorganization. Hum Mutat. 2016;37:776-85 pubmed publisher..mutations in GAS8, a gene that encodes a subunit of the nexin-dynein regulatory complex (N-DRC) orthologous to DRC4 of the flagellated alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii...
- Zhao L, Xu L, Zhou X, Zhu Q, Yang Z, Zhang C, et al. Interaction of influenza virus NS1 protein with growth arrest-specific protein 8. Virol J. 2009;6:218 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, actin and Gas8 co-localized at the plasma membrane. These results are discussed in relation to the possible functions of Gas8 protein and their relevance in influenza virus release...
- Pan W, Zhou L, Ge M, Zhang B, Yang X, Xiong X, et al. Whole exome sequencing identifies lncRNA GAS8-AS1 and LPAR4 as novel papillary thyroid carcinoma driver alternations. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:1875-84 pubmed publisher..6 Ã— 10(-4)). Together our study defines a exome mutational spectrum of PTC in the Chinese population and highlights lncRNA GAS8-AS1 and LPAR4 as potential diagnostics and therapeutic targets. ..
- Evron T, Philipp M, Lu J, Meloni A, Burkhalter M, Chen W, et al. Growth Arrest Specific 8 (Gas8) and G protein-coupled receptor kinase 2 (GRK2) cooperate in the control of Smoothened signaling. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:27676-86 pubmed publisher..This is in contrast to cells stably expressing both GRK2 and Smo, in which cilia are significantly elongated. These results identify Gas8 as a positive regulator of Hh signaling that cooperates with GRK2 to control Smo signaling. ..