Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GRIN2A
Description: glutamate ionotropic receptor NMDA type subunit 2A
Alias: EPND, FESD, GluN2A, LKS, NMDAR2A, NR2A, glutamate receptor ionotropic, NMDA 2A, N-methyl D-aspartate receptor subtype 2A, N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor channel, subunit epsilon-1, N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit 2A, glutamate receptor, ionotropic, N-methyl D-aspartate 2A
Publications263 found, 100 shown here
- Altered effects of ethanol in NR2A(DeltaC/DeltaC) mice expressing C-terminally truncated NR2A subunit of NMDA receptorM Gordey
Department of Neurology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Neuroscience 105:987-97. 2001..To investigate whether the C-terminus of the NR2A subunit is involved in determining the sensitivity of NMDA receptors to ethanol we compared the effects of ethanol ..
- Selective subunit antagonists suggest an inhibitory relationship between NR2B and NR2A-subunit containing N-methyl-D: -aspartate receptors in hippocampal slicesAndrew P Mallon
Institute of Biomedical and Life Sciences, Division of Neuroscience and Biomedical Systems, West Medical Building, University of Glasgow, Glasgow
Exp Brain Res 162:374-83. 2005..Each receptor includes at least two NR2 subunits. Here, we have examined the effects of selective antagonists of NR2A and NR2B subunits (NVP-AAM07 and Ro25-6981 respectively) on the effects of NMDA in the CA1 field of rat hippocampal ..
- Are unconventional NMDA receptors involved in slowly adapting type I mechanoreceptor responses?P M B Cahusac
Department of Psychology, University of Stirling, Stirling FK9 4LA, Scotland, UK
Neuroscience 133:763-73. 2005Specific immunohistochemical staining for NMDA receptor NR2A/B subunits was found in the outer root sheath layer of rat sinus hair (whisker) follicle. Co-localization with CK 20 confirmed that Merkel cells were stained...
- Mg2+ and memantine block of rat recombinant NMDA receptors containing chimeric NR2A/2D subunits expressed in Xenopus laevis oocytesDavid C Wrighton
Centre for Neuroscience Research, Hugh Robson Building, University of Edinburgh, George Square, Edinburgh, UK
J Physiol 586:211-25. 2008..and memantine at the two NMDARs displaying the largest differences in sensitivity to these blockers, namely NR1/NR2A and NR1/NR2D NMDARs...
- Selective binding of synapse-associated protein 97 to GluR-A alpha-amino-5-hydroxy-3-methyl-4-isoxazole propionate receptor subunit is determined by a novel sequence motifChunlin Cai
Department of Biosciences, Division of Biochemistry, University of Helsinki, Helsinki FIN 00014, Finland
J Biol Chem 277:31484-90. 2002....
- Heteromeric NMDA receptors: molecular and functional distinction of subtypesH Monyer
Center for Molecular Biology, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Science 256:1217-21. 1992..Molecular cloning identified three complementary DNA species of rat brain, encoding NMDA receptor subunits NMDAR2A (NR2A), NR2B, and NR2C, which are 55 to 70% identical in sequence...
- Reduced hippocampal LTP and spatial learning in mice lacking NMDA receptor epsilon 1 subunitK Sakimura
Department of Neuropharmacology, Niigata University, Japan
Nature 373:151-5. 1995..On the basis of the Mg2+ sensitivity and expression patterns, we have proposed that the epsilon 1 (NR2A) and epsilon 2 (NR2B) subunits play a role in synaptic plasticity...
- HIV-1 Tat through phosphorylation of NMDA receptors potentiates glutamate excitotoxicityN J Haughey
Laboratory of Neurosciences, National Institute on Aging, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Neurochem 78:457-67. 2001..Tat increased 32P incorporation into NMDA receptor subunits NR2A and NR2B and this effect was blocked by genestein...
- Determination of the genomic structure and mutation screening in schizophrenic individuals for five subunits of the N-methyl-D-aspartate glutamate receptorN M Williams
Department of Psychological Medicine, University of Wales College of Medicine, Heath Park, Cardiff, CF14 4XN, UK
Mol Psychiatry 7:508-14. 2002..2). These SNPs will therefore be suitable for studying neuropsychiatric phenotypes that are putatively related to NMDA dysfunction. Pooled analysis provided no support for association between any of the GRIN genes and schizophrenia...
- Follow-up of genetic linkage findings on chromosome 16p13: evidence of association of N-methyl-D aspartate glutamate receptor 2A gene polymorphism with ADHDD Turic
Department of Psychological Medicine, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, UK
Mol Psychiatry 9:169-73. 2004..2, P=5 x 10(-6)). The GRIN2A (glutamate receptor, ionotropic, N-methyl D-aspartate 2A) gene that encodes the N-methyl D-aspartate receptor ..
- Extended analyses support the association of a functional (GT)n polymorphism in the GRIN2A promoter with Japanese schizophreniaYoshimi Iwayama-Shigeno
Laboratory for Molecular Psychiatry, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Saitama, Japan
Neurosci Lett 378:102-5. 2005..Recently, we identified a variable (GT)n repeat in the promoter region of the NMDA NR2A subunit gene (GRIN2A), and showed its association with schizophrenia in a case-control study, together with a correlation between the ..
- Significant linkage and association between a functional (GT)n polymorphism in promoter of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit gene (GRIN2A) and schizophreniaJinsong Tang
Institute of Mental Health, The Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, 139 Renmin Road, Changsha Hunan 410011, PR China
Neurosci Lett 409:80-2. 2006..identified a variable (GT)n polymorphism in the promoter region of the N-methyl-d-aspartate (NMDA) subunit gene (GRIN2A), and showed its association with schizophrenia in a case-control study, together with a correlation between the ..
- Replication of twelve association studies for Huntington's disease residual age of onset in large Venezuelan kindredsJ M Andresen
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
J Med Genet 44:44-50. 2007..Many genetic polymorphisms have previously shown evidence of association with age of onset of Huntington's disease in several different populations...
- HIV-tat induces formation of an LRP-PSD-95- NMDAR-nNOS complex that promotes apoptosis in neurons and astrocytesEliseo A Eugenin
Department of Pathology and Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:3438-43. 2007..These findings implicate the complex in HIV-induced neuronal apoptosis and suggest therapeutic targets for intervention in the pathogenesis of NeuroAIDS...
- NR2A and NR2B receptor gene variations modify age at onset in Huntington disease in a sex-specific mannerLarissa Arning
Department of Human Genetics, Ruhr University, 44780 Bochum, Germany
Hum Genet 122:175-82. 2007..g. variations in the NR2A and NR2B glutamate receptor subunit genes (GRIN2A, GRIN2B)...
- The N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor type 2A is frequently methylated in human colorectal carcinoma and suppresses cell growthM S Kim
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Cancer Research Division, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Oncogene 27:2045-54. 2008..We found that among the three NMDARs examined (NMDAR1, NMDAR2A, NMDAR2B), only NMDAR2A was silenced in colorectal carcinoma (CRC) cell lines at basal line and reactivated by ..
- Systematic analysis of glutamatergic neurotransmission genes in alcohol dependence and adolescent risky drinking behaviorGunter Schumann
Interdisciplinary Research Group Addiction, MRC SGDP Center, Institute of Psychiatry at King s College, POB 080, London SE5 8AF, England
Arch Gen Psychiatry 65:826-38. 2008..Glutamatergic neurotransmission is implicated in alcohol-drinking behavior in animal models...
- Genome-wide association study of smoking initiation and current smokingJacqueline M Vink
Department of Biological Psychology, Center for Neurogenomic and Cognitive Research, VU University Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Hum Genet 84:367-79. 2009..Several interesting groups of proteins stood out, including glutamate receptors (e.g., GRIN2B, GRIN2A, GRIK2, GRM8), proteins involved in tyrosine kinase receptor signaling (e.g., NTRK2, GRB14), transporters (e.g...
- Mechanisms of HIV-tat-induced phosphorylation of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit 2A in human primary neurons: implications for neuroAIDS pathogenesisJessie E King
Department of Pathology, The Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Am J Pathol 176:2819-30. 2010..demonstrate that tat treatment of human neurons results in tyrosine (Y) phosphorylation of the NMDAR subunit 2A (NR2A) in a src kinase-dependent manner...
- Mutations in GRIN2A and GRIN2B encoding regulatory subunits of NMDA receptors cause variable neurodevelopmental phenotypesSabine Endele
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Nat Genet 42:1021-6. 2010..Either GRIN2B or GRIN2A, encoding the NMDA receptor subunits NR2B and NR2A, was found to be disrupted by chromosome translocation ..
- Exome sequencing identifies GRIN2A as frequently mutated in melanomaXiaomu Wei
The Cancer Genetics Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Nat Genet 43:442-6. 2011..Ser722Phe) in 6 out of 167 affected individuals (∼4%), as well as a previously unidentified gene, GRIN2A, which was mutated in 33% of melanoma samples...
- Association between a polymorphism in the promoter of a glutamate receptor subunit gene (GRIN2A) and alcoholismMarie Charlotte Domart
Laboratoire de Biochimie et Biologie Moleculaire, AP HP, Hopital Paul Brousse, Universite Paris, INSERM U, IFR Villejuif, France
Addict Biol 17:783-5. 2012A variable (GT)(n) repeat in the 5'-regulatory region of N-methyl-D-aspartate GRIN2A subtype has recently been identified and associated with psychiatric disorders...
- Subtype selective NMDA receptor antagonists induce recovery of synapses lost following exposure to HIV-1 TatA H Shin
Department of Pharmacology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Br J Pharmacol 166:1002-17. 2012..Subunit selective NMDA receptor antagonists may differentially modulate survival relative to synaptic changes...
- Human immunodeficiency virus-1 protein Tat induces excitotoxic loss of presynaptic terminals in hippocampal culturesAngela H Shin
Department of Pharmacology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 54:22-9. 2013..Understanding the dynamics of synaptic changes in response to HIV infection of the CNS may lead to the design of improved pharmacotherapies for HAND patients...
- GRIN2A mutations cause epilepsy-aphasia spectrum disordersGemma L Carvill
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Genetic Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Nat Genet 45:1073-6. 2013..Rare pathogenic deletions that include GRIN2A have been implicated in neurodevelopmental disorders...
- Mutations in GRIN2A cause idiopathic focal epilepsy with rolandic spikesJohannes R Lemke
Division of Human Genetics, University Children s Hospital Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
Nat Genet 45:1067-72. 2013..The genetic basis is largely unknown. We detected new heterozygous mutations in GRIN2A in 27 of 359 affected individuals from 2 independent cohorts with IFE (7.5%; P = 4...
- GRIN2A mutations in acquired epileptic aphasia and related childhood focal epilepsies and encephalopathies with speech and language dysfunctionGaetan Lesca
Department of Genetics, University Hospitals of Lyon, Lyon, France
Nat Genet 45:1061-6. 2013..associated with speech impairment can have a genetic origin sustained by de novo or inherited mutations in the GRIN2A gene (encoding the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) glutamate receptor α2 subunit, GluN2A)...
- A microsatellite repeat in the promoter of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor 2A subunit (GRIN2A) gene suppresses transcriptional activity and correlates with chronic outcome in schizophreniaMasanari Itokawa
Laboratory for Molecular Psychiatry, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Wako, Saitama, Japan
Pharmacogenetics 13:271-8. 2003..This evidence suggests that the NR2A (GRIN2A) gene may play a role in the development of schizophrenia and disease phenotypes...
- Inhibitory interactions of calcineurin (phosphatase 2B) and calmodulin on rat hippocampal NMDA receptorsBeth K Rycroft
Department of Pharmacology, University College London, Life Sciences Building, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Neuropharmacology 47:505-14. 2004..J. Neurophysiol. 71 (1994) 754; Calcineurin acts via the C-terminus of NR2A to modulate desensitization of NMDA receptors...
- Different effects of intracochlear sensory and neuronal injury stimulation on expression of synaptic N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors in the auditory cortex of rats in vivoZhengmin Wang
Otolaryngology Research Institute, EENT Hospital, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, 83 Feng Yang Road, Shanghai 200031, People s Republic of China
Acta Otolaryngol 125:1145-51. 2005..Furthermore, the time course of changes in the level of NR2A protein differs after sensory and neuronal injury stimulation, which modulate different changes in synaptic ..
- Long-term potentiation in the nucleus accumbens requires both NR2A- and NR2B-containing N-methyl-D-aspartate receptorsSietske M Schotanus
The Karolinska Institute, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Section of Molecular Neurophysiology, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Neurosci 27:1957-64. 2008..The suggestion that the NR2A subunit of the NMDA receptor may be selectively involved in the induction of long-term potentiation (LTP) in the ..
- Functional and pharmacological differences between recombinant N-methyl-D-aspartate receptorsS Vicini
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Neurophysiol 79:555-66. 1998..as in outside-out membrane patches excised from cells expressing recombinant NR1 subunits in combination with the NR2A, NR2B, NR2C, or NR2D NMDA receptor subunits...
- Regulated expression of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors and associated proteins in teleost electrosensory system and telencephalonErik Harvey-Girard
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1H 8M5
J Comp Neurol 505:644-68. 2007..mammalian orthologs, high levels of sequence conservation for known functional sites in both NMDAR subunits (NR1, NR2A-C) and signaling proteins (fyn tyrosine kinase, RasGRF-1 and -2) were found...
- Striatal neurons but not nigral dopaminergic neurons in neonatal primary cell culture express endogenous functional N-methyl-D-aspartate receptorsP W Lui
Department of Biology, Hong Kong Baptist University, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong, PR China
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 120:9-21. 2003..In striatal neurons, NR1, NR2A and NR2B mRNAs and immunoreactivity, and NR2D mRNA were found and the maximal levels of NR1 mRNA and ..
- Hippocampal long-term synaptic plasticity and signal amplification of NMDA receptorsJohn F MacDonald
Department of Physiology, Medical Sciences Building, 1 King s College, University of Toronto, Toronto Ontario M5S1A8, Canada
Crit Rev Neurobiol 18:71-84. 2006..At CA3-CA1 synapses, NMDARs are largely composed of NR1 (NMDA receptor subunit 1)-NR2A or NR1-NR2B containing subunits...
- Differential roles of NMDA Receptor Subtypes NR2A and NR2B in dendritic branch development and requirement of RasGRF1Fernando J Sepulveda
Dept of Physiopathology, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Univ of Concepción, Concepcion, Chile
J Neurophysiol 103:1758-70. 2010..However, because NMDARs are abundantly present as tri-heteromers (e.g., NR1/NR2A/NR2B) during development, the precise role of the individual subunits NR2A and NR2B in these processes has not been ..
- Use of subunit-specific antisense oligodeoxynucleotides to define developmental changes in the properties of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptorsJ Zhong
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Mol Pharmacol 50:631-8. 1996..7-Chlorokynurenate and CGP-39653 were more potent inhibitors of responses seen with heteromeric NR1/NR2A receptors than with NR1/ NR2B receptors...
- NMDA receptor subunit gene expression in the rat brain: a quantitative analysis of endogenous mRNA levels of NR1Com, NR2A, NR2B, NR2C, NR2D and NR3AD J Goebel
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Wayne State University, School of Medicine, 540 E Canfield, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 69:164-70. 1999..J. Whiting, Pharmacological properties of recombinant human N-methyl-d-aspartate receptors comprising NR1a/NR2A and NR1a/NR2B subunit assemblies expressed in permanently transfected mouse fiberblast cells, Mol. Pharmacol...
- Brain plasticity and cellular mechanisms of epileptogenesis in human and experimental cortical dysplasiaT L Babb
Department of Neurosciences, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
Epilepsia 41:S76-81. 2000..We hypothesized that in both human and rat CD: (a) the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunits NR1 and NR2A/B would be increased and coassembled, and (b) aberrant axons would be in regions of CD.
- The magnitude of hippocampal long term depression depends on the synaptic location of activated NR2-containing N-methyl-D-aspartate receptorsM Kollen
Faculte de Medecine, Centre de Psychiatrie et de Neuroscience U894 INSERM, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Neuroscience 154:1308-17. 2008..are composed almost exclusively of NR1 and NR2 subunits with NR1 subunits being mainly associated with either NR2A and/or NR2B subunits. The role played by the different subunits in synaptic plasticity is still controversial...
- In developing hippocampal neurons, NR2B-containing N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors (NMDARs) can mediate signaling to neuronal survival and synaptic potentiation, as well as neuronal deathM A Martel
Centre for Neuroscience Research, Hugh Robson Building, George Square, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH8 9XD, UK
Neuroscience 158:334-43. 2009..signaling and synaptic depression, compared with the survival promoting, synapse potentiating properties of NR2A-containing NMDA receptors...
- Identification and characterization of novel NMDA receptor antagonists selective for NR2A- over NR2B-containing receptorsEzio Bettini
Screening and Compound Profiling, GlaxoSmithKline Medicines Research Centre, Verona, Italy
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 335:636-44. 2010NR1/NR2A is a subtype of N-methyl-d-aspartate receptors (NMDARs), which are glutamate and glycine-gated Ca(2+)-permeable channels highly expressed in the central nervous system...
- Development of NR1, NR2A and NR2B mRNA in NR1 immunoreactive cells of rat visual cortexZ Cao
Institute of Neuroscience, 1254 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403, USA
Brain Res 868:296-305. 2000..the relationship between the sensitive period for monocular deprivation and the expression of rat NMDAR subunits, NR2A and NR2B. In the rat the sensitive period ends sometime after postnatal day 50 (P50)...
- N-Methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit expression in GnRH neurons changes during reproductive senescence in the female ratBrooke H Miller
Kastor Neurobiology of Aging Laboratories, Fishberg Research Center for Neurobiology, and Brookdale Department of Geriatrics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Endocrinology 143:3568-74. 2002..Colocalization of the three NMDAR subunits that are most abundant in the hypothalamus (NR1, NR2A, or NR2B) with GnRH perikarya was determined in female rats at different stages of the reproductive life cycle: ..
- Modular competition driven by NMDA receptor subtypes in spike-timing-dependent plasticityRichard C Gerkin
Center for Neuroscience, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Neurophysiol 97:2851-62. 2007..postsynaptic spikes required the activation of a fast component of NMDAR current that is likely to be mediated by NR2A-containing NMDARs (NR2A-NRs)...
- Transient global ischemia in rat brain promotes different NMDA receptor regulation depending on the brain structure studiedSeveriano Dos-Anjos
Instituto de Biomedicina, Universidad de Leon, Spain
Neurochem Int 54:180-5. 2009The mRNA expression of the major subunits of N-methyl-d-aspartate receptors (NR1, NR2A and NR2B) following ischemia-reperfusion was studied in structures with different vulnerabilities to ischemic insult in the rat brain...
- NR2A subunit of the N-methyl D-aspartate receptors are required for potentiation at the mossy fiber to granule cell synapse and vestibulo-cerebellar motor learningC E Andreescu
Department of Neuroscience, Erasmus MC, Dr Molewaterplein 50, PO Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Neuroscience 176:274-83. 2011..We show that null-mutants of N-methyl d-aspartate-NR2A receptors (NMDA-NR2A(-/-) mice) have impaired induction of postsynaptic long-term potentiation (LTP) at the mossy ..
- Platelet-derived growth factor selectively inhibits NR2B-containing N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors in CA1 hippocampal neuronsMichael A Beazely
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Biol Chem 284:8054-63. 2009..In the hippocampus, the majority of NMDA receptors are heteromeric; most are composed of 2 NR1 subunits and 2 NR2A or 2 NR2B subunits...
- Prenatal morphine alters the synaptic complex of postsynaptic density 95 with N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit in hippocampal CA1 subregion of rat offspring leading to long-term cognitive deficitsC S Lin
Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taiwan
Neuroscience 158:1326-37. 2009..morphine exposure altered the synaptic complex association between PSD-95 and three major NMDAR subunits (NR1, NR2A, and NR2B), at the mRNA and protein levels, within the hippocampal CA1 subregion (an important integration area for ..
- [Effects of moderate lead poisoning on the hippocampus tissue of rabbits in juvenile stage]Gao yan Yu
Xinhua Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiao Tong University, School of Medicine, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Children s Environmental Health, China
Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi 42:160-4. 2008..To understand the effects of moderate lead poisoning on the hippocampus tissue of rabbits in juvenile stage...
- Immunocytochemical localization of the NMDA-R2A receptor subunit in the cat retinaD J Goebel
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Wayne State University, School of Medicine, 540 E Canfield, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Brain Res 808:141-54. 1998..To further classify the cells that display NR2A-IR, we performed dual labeling experiments showing the relationship between R2A-labeled cells with GABA...
- Chronic unpredictable stress before pregnancy reduce the expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor and N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor in hippocampus of offspring rats associated with impairment of memoryYuejun Huang
The Department of Pediatrics, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Medical College of Shantou University, North Dongxia Road, 515041, Shantou, Guangdong Province, China
Neurochem Res 35:1038-49. 2010..levels, as well as the expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) 2A (NR2A) and 2B (NR2B) receptors in the hippocampus of the offspring rats when they were 2 months postnatally...
- Expression of NR1, NR2A and NR2B NMDA receptor subunits is not altered in the genetically-inbred Balb/c mouse strain with heightened behavioral sensitivity to MK-801, a noncompetitive NMDA receptor antagonistPin Yu Perera
Pathology and Laboratory Service, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 50 Irving Street NW, Washington, DC 20422, USA
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 18:814-9. 2008..expression patterns of six of the eight identified splice variant isoforms of the NR1 NMDA receptor subunit, and NR2A and NR2B subunits in the hippocampus and cerebral cortex of Balb/c and NIH Swiss mice...
- Differential regulation of glutamate receptors in trigeminal ganglia following masseter inflammationJongseok Lee
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Program in Neuroscience, University of Maryland Baltimore, School of Dentistry, 650 W Baltimore Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Neurosci Lett 421:91-5. 2007..Our results showed that NMDAR1 (NR1), NMDAR2A (NR2A), NMDAR2B (NR2B), AMPAR1 (GluR1) and AMPAR2 (GluR2) subunits, and group I metabotropic glutamate receptor, ..
- Quantitative changes in gene expression of glutamate receptor subunits/subtypes in the vestibular nucleus, inferior olive and flocculus before and following unilateral labyrinthectomy in the rat: real-time quantitative PCR methodA Horii
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Otago Medical School, Dunedin, New Zealand
Exp Brain Res 139:188-200. 2001..g., NR1 and NR2A subunits of the N-methyl-D-aspartic acid (NMDA) receptor, GluR2 and KA2 subtypes of non-NMDA receptors, and mGluR1 ..
- [N(omega)-nitro-L-arginine methyl ester inhibits the up-regulated expression of neuronal nitric oxide synthase/NMDA receptor in the morphine analgesia tolerance rats.]Ling Yu
Department of Anesthesiology, Plastic Surgery Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100041, China E mail
Sheng Li Xue Bao 58:593-8. 2006..in morphine analgesia tolerance were evaluated on the basis of the expressions of nNOS mRNA, NR1A mRNA and NR2A mRNA in spinal cord and midbrain...
- Transient down-regulation of NMDA receptor subunit gene expression in the rat retina following NMDA-induced neurotoxicity is attenuated in the presence of the non-competitive NMDA receptor antagonist MK-801D J Goebel
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Wayne State University, School of Medicine, Canfield, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Exp Eye Res 72:547-58. 2001..Following NMDA insult, the mRNA levels for NR1(com ), NR2A, NR2B and, to a lesser extent, the NR2C subunit were substantially reduced within 24 hr post-treatment (PT), and ..
- Distinct roles for Ras-guanine nucleotide-releasing factor 1 (Ras-GRF1) and Ras-GRF2 in the induction of long-term potentiation and long-term depressionShaomin Li
Department of Biochemistry, Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Neurosci 26:1721-9. 2006..Evidence suggests that, in the CA1 region of the hippocampus, NR2A-containing NMDARs promote LTP whereas NR2B-containing receptors promote LTD...
- Role of major NMDA or AMPA receptor subunits in MK-801 potentiation of ethanol intoxicationBenjamin Palachick
Section on Behavioral Science and Genetics, Laboratory for Integrative Neuroscience, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, 5625 Fishers Lane Room 2N09, Rockville, MD 20852 9411, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 32:1479-92. 2008..N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDAR) antagonists such as MK-801 (dizocilpine) interact with EtOH at the behavioral level, but the molecular basis of this interaction is unclear...
- Intracellular Mg2+ interacts with structural determinants of the narrow constriction contributed by the NR1-subunit in the NMDA receptor channelL P Wollmuth
Abteilung Zellphysiologie, Max Planck Institut fur medizinische Forschung, Heidelberg, Germany
J Physiol 506:33-52. 1998..at or near the narrow constriction that interact with intracellular Mg2+ were identified in recombinant NR1-NR2A channels expressed in Xenopus oocytes or human embryonic kidney (HEK) 293 cells. 2...
- Laminar distribution of NMDA receptor subunit (NR1, NR2A, NR2B) expression during the critical period in cat visual cortexGeorge D Mower
Department of Anatomical Sciences and Neurobiology, Health Sciences Center, University of Louisville School of Medicine, 500 South Preston St, A Bldg, Rm 902, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 119:19-27. 2003..to determine developmental changes in the laminar distribution of the three major cortical NMDA subunits (NR2A, NR2B, NR1) during the critical period in cat visual cortex...
- Altered excitability and distribution of NMDA receptor subunit proteins in cortical layers of rat pups following multiple perinatal seizuresEleonora Gashi
Neuroscience Department, New York Institute of Technology, NY College of Osteopathic Medicine, Northern Boulevard, Old Westbury, NY 11568, USA
Brain Res 1145:56-65. 2007..Distribution patterns of N-methyl-D-aspartic acid (NMDA) (NR1 and NR2A/B) and alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazole-propionic acid (AMPA) (GluR1 and GluR2) subunits were analyzed in ..
- Alterations in N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunits in primary sensory neurons following acid-induced esophagitis in catsBanani Banerjee
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Rd, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 296:G66-77. 2009..study was to use a cat model of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) to investigate the expression of the NR1 and NR2A subunits of NMDAR in the vagal and spinal afferent fibers innervating the esophagus...
- Anesthetic-like modulation of receptor function by surfactants: a test of the interfacial theory of anesthesiaLiya Yang
Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0464, USA
Anesth Analg 107:868-74. 2008....
- Development of NMDA NR2 subunits and their roles in critical period maturation of neocortical GABAergic interneuronsZhi Zhang
Department of Zoology and Physiology, University of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyoming 82071, USA
Dev Neurobiol 71:221-45. 2011..preCP group. (4) Using subunit-specific antagonists, we found a postnatal shift in NR2 composition towards more NR2A mediated EPSCs(NMDAR) ...
- Molecular determinants of NMDA receptor function in GABAergic neurones of rat forebrainT Plant
I Physiologisches Institut, Universitat des Saarlandes, Homburg, Germany
J Physiol 499:47-63. 1997..A variety of NR2 subunit combinations were detected in the same population of neurones. When tested for NR2A-C, all but one neurone were shown to express mRNA for NR2B...
- The anti-craving compound acamprosate acts as a weak NMDA-receptor antagonist, but modulates NMDA-receptor subunit expression similar to memantine and MK-801G Rammes
Clinical Neuropharmacology, Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Kraepelinstr 2, 80804 Munich, Germany
Neuropharmacology 40:749-60. 2001..Electrophysiology in cultured hippocampal neurons (IC(50) approx. 5.5mM) and Xenopus oocytes (NR1-1a/NR2A assemblies: IC(50) approx. 350 microM, NR1-1a/NR2B: IC(50) approx...
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of ionotropic glutamate receptors by Fyn or Src differentially modulates their susceptibility to calpain and enhances their binding to spectrin and PSD-95Y Rong
Neuroscience Program, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90089 2520, USA
J Neurochem 79:382-90. 2001..Tyrosine phosphorylation of synaptic membranes by Src significantly reduced calpain-mediated truncation of both NR2A and NR2B subunits of NMDA receptors, but not of GluR1 subunits of AMPA receptors...
- Curcumin protects against NMDA-induced toxicity: a possible role for NR2A subunitAndrea Matteucci
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:1070-7. 2011..This study was conducted to further characterize curcumin neuroprotective ability and analyze its effects on NMDA receptor (NMDAr)...
- Combined actions of Na/K-ATPase, NCX1 and glutamate dependent NMDA receptors in ischemic rat brain penumbraSungjin Park
Department of Anatomy, College of Medicine, Dongguk University, Gyeongju, Korea
Anat Cell Biol 43:201-10. 2010..in protein expression of Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase and NCX1 as well as functional subunits of NMDA receptor 2A and 2B (NR2A and NR2B) in the penumbra were assessed using by quantitative immunoblottings...
- Biochemical evidence for the existence of a pool of unassembled C2 exon-containing NR1 subunits of the mammalian forebrain NMDA receptorP L Chazot
Department of Pharmaceutical and Biological Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, London, England
J Neurochem 68:507-16. 1997..M NaCl solubilised extracts yielded purification of the NR1 Mr 120,000 immunoreactive species, but no detectable NR2A or NR2B immunoreactivity...
- Increased contribution of NR2A subunit to synaptic NMDA receptors in developing rat cortical neuronsG Stocca
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Georgetown University School of Medicine, 3900 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Physiol 507:13-24. 1998..slices from rats at P3-P5, a developmental stage at which mRNA studies have indicated the virtual absence of NR2A mRNA. CP101,606 failed to significantly change evoked AMPA-mediated EPSCs at P5 and eN-EPSCs at P7-P8 and P13-P15...
- Developmental changes in localization of NMDA receptor subunits in primary cultures of cortical neuronsJ H Li
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Eur J Neurosci 10:1704-15. 1998..analysis, using antibodies against distinct N-methyl-D-aspartic acid (NMDA) receptor subunits, illustrated that the NR2A and NR2B subunit proteins have developmental profiles in cultured cortical neurons similar to those seen in vivo...
- Reversal of glutamate excitotoxicity by activation of PKC-associated metabotropic glutamate receptors in cerebellar granule cells relies on NR2C subunit expressionM Pizzi
Division of Pharmacology, Department of Biomedical Sciences, School of Medicine, University of Brescia, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 11:2489-96. 1999..NMDA receptors consist of two distinct groups of subunits: NR1, that is ubiquitously in the receptor complexes; and NR2A-D, that differentiate and potentiate NMDA receptor responses by assembling with NR1...
- Virally mediated knock-down of NR2 subunits ipsilateral to the deprived eye blocks ocular dominance plasticityZhiping Cao
Portland VA Medical Center, PO Box 1034 P3ANES, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Exp Brain Res 177:64-77. 2007NMDA receptors (NMDARs) are important in developmental plasticity in the visual cortex. The NR2A and NR2B subunits of this receptor develop with different time courses, suggesting that they play different roles in plasticity...
- Paraneoplastic anti-N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor encephalitis associated with ovarian teratomaJosep Dalmau
Department of Neurology, Division of Neuro Oncology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Ann Neurol 61:25-36. 2007..To report the autoantigens of a new category of treatment-responsive paraneoplastic encephalitis...
- The effects of NR2 subunit-dependent NMDA receptor kinetics on synaptic transmission and CaMKII activationDavid M Santucci
Department of Neurobiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
PLoS Comput Biol 4:e1000208. 2008..expressed during development; in the forebrain, the NR2B receptor is dominant early in development, and later both NR2A and NR2B are expressed...
- Ras-specific exchange factor GRF: oligomerization through its Dbl homology domain and calcium-dependent activation of RafP H Anborgh
Laboratory of Cellular Oncology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biol 19:4611-22. 1999....
- Age and insulin-like growth factor-1 modulate N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subtype expression in ratsW E Sonntag
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1083, USA
Brain Res Bull 51:331-8. 2000..However, analysis of NMDAR2A and NMDAR2B protein expression in hippocampus indicated a significant decrease between 21 and 30 months of age ..
- Expression of ionotropic glutamate receptor subunit mRNAs in the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus of the ratJ P Herman
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0559, USA
J Comp Neurol 422:352-62. 2000..N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor 1 (NMDAR1), NMDAR2A, and NMDAR2B mRNAs were expressed highly throughout the PVN and its perinuclear region as well as in the ..
- Ethanol inhibition of recombinant NR1/2A receptors: effects of heavy metal chelators and a zinc-insensitive NR2A mutantJohn J Woodward
Department of Physiology and Neuroscience and Center for Drug and Alcohol Programs, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Alcohol 31:71-6. 2003..receptors have demonstrated that subunit composition influences the ethanol sensitivity of NMDA receptors, with NR2A-containing receptors often showing greater inhibition by ethanol than shown by those containing other NR2 subunits...
- Differential roles of NR2A and NR2B-containing NMDA receptors in cortical long-term potentiation and long-term depressionPeter V Massey
Medical Research Council Centre for Synaptic Plasticity, Department of Anatomy, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 24:7821-8. 2004..We also find that de novo LTD requires the activation of NR2B-containing NMDAR, whereas LTP requires activation of NR2A-containing NMDARs. Surprisingly another form of LTD, depotentiation, requires activation of NR2A-containing NMDARs...
- Reduced sensitivity to ketamine and pentobarbital in mice lacking the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor GluRepsilon1 subunitAndrey B Petrenko
Department of Anesthesiology, Niigata University School of Medicine, Japan
Anesth Analg 99:1136-40, table of contents. 2004..Functional NMDARs are composed by the assembly of a GluRzeta1 (NR1) subunit with GluRepsilon (GluRepsilon1-4; NR2A-D) subunits, which confer unique properties on native NMDARs...
- Alterations of striatal NMDA receptor subunits associated with the development of dyskinesia in the MPTP-lesioned primate model of Parkinson's diseaseP J Hallett
MassGeneral Institute for Neurodegenerative Disease, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 114 16th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Neuropharmacology 48:503-16. 2005..Quantitative immunoblotting was used to determine the subcellular abundance of NR1, NR2A and NR2B subunits in striata from unlesioned, MPTP-lesioned (parkinsonian) and MPTP-lesioned, levodopa-treated (..
- Synthesis and pharmacology of N1-substituted piperazine-2,3-dicarboxylic acid derivatives acting as NMDA receptor antagonistsRichard M Morley
Department of Pharmacology, MRC Centre for Synaptic Plasticity, School of Medical Sciences, University Walk, University of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TD, UK
J Med Chem 48:2627-37. 2005The binding site for competitive NMDA receptor antagonists is on the NR2 subunit, of which there are four types (NR2A-D). Typical antagonists such as (R)-AP5 have a subunit selectivity of NR2A > NR2B > NR2C > NR2D...
- Differential regulation of cortical NMDA receptor subunits by sensory learningAnna Skibinska
Laboratory of Neuroplasticity, Department of Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology, The Nencki Institute, Warsaw, Poland
Brain Res 1065:26-36. 2005..In the adult cerebral cortex, the receptor properties are regulated by relative expression of NR2A and NR2B subunits...
- Dopamine D1 activation potentiates striatal NMDA receptors by tyrosine phosphorylation-dependent subunit traffickingPenelope J Hallett
MassGeneral Institute for Neurodegenerative Disease, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Neurosci 26:4690-700. 2006..of tyrosine phosphatases also induce NMDA subunit trafficking, but this effect is nonselective and alters both NR2A- and NR2B-containing receptors...
- Learning in the absence of experience-dependent regulation of NMDAR compositionDavid Lebel
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva, 84105 Israel
Learn Mem 13:566-70. 2006..in the composition and function of NMDARs at synapses in the piriform cortex, resulting in a high level of the NR2a subunit relative to NR2b...
- [Stacking-interactions in the control-gear binding of kynurenic acid with NR2A- and GluR2-subunits of glutamate ionotropic receptors]A V Zhuravlev
Ross Fiziol Zh Im I M Sechenova 93:609-24. 2007..quantum chemical calculations for KYNA-imidazole dimer, as a model for ligand interaction with His88 fragment of NR2A-subunit, along with KYNA-phenol dimer, as a model for ligand interaction with Tyr61 fragment of GluR2-subunit, were ..
- Differential roles of NMDA receptor subtypes in ischemic neuronal cell death and ischemic toleranceMin Chen
Institute of Neuroscience, State Key Laboratory of Neuroscience, Shanghai, China
Stroke 39:3042-8. 2008..We investigated the contributions of NR2A- and NR2B-containing NMDA receptors to ischemic cell death and ischemic tolerance in a rat model of transient ..
- Coagonist release modulates NMDA receptor subtype contributions at synaptic inputs to retinal ganglion cellsTrisha L Kalbaugh
Synaptic Physiology Section, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 3701, USA
J Neurosci 29:1469-79. 2009..Different combinations of four potential NR2 subunits (NR2A-D) confer diversity in developmental expression, subsynaptic localization, and functional characteristics, ..
- NR2B receptor blockade inhibits pain-related sensitization of amygdala neuronsGuangchen Ji
Department of Neuroscience and Cell Biology, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 1069, USA
Mol Pain 5:21. 2009..Functional NMDA receptors are heteromeric assemblies of NR1 with NR2A-D or NR3A, B subunits...
- NMDA receptor GluN2B (GluR epsilon 2/NR2B) subunit is crucial for channel function, postsynaptic macromolecular organization, and actin cytoskeleton at hippocampal CA3 synapsesKaori Akashi
Department of Cellular Neurobiology, Brain Research Institute, Niigata University, Niigata 951 8585, Japan
J Neurosci 29:10869-82. 2009..By immunohistochemistry, GluN2B disappeared and GluN1 (GluRzeta1/NR1) was moderately reduced, whereas GluN2A (GluRepsilon1/NR2A) and postsynaptic density-95 (PSD-95) were unaltered in the mutant CA3...
- Altered glutamate receptor function in the cerebellum of the Ppt1-/- mouse, a murine model of infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosisRozzy Finn
Center for Neural Development and Disease, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, USA
J Neurosci Res 90:367-75. 2012..The surface expression of the NR1, NR2A, and NR2B NMDA receptor subunits was similar in the cerebella of WT and Ppt1(-/-) mice, indicating that there is ..
- Tracking the expression of excitatory and inhibitory neurotransmission-related proteins and neuroplasticity markers after noise induced hearing lossCherylea J Browne
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, School of Medicine, The University of Western Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
PLoS ONE 7:e33272. 2012..subunit α1 (GABA(A)α1), Glutamic-Acid Decarboxylase-67 (GAD-67), N-Methyl-D-Aspartate receptor subunit 2A (NR2A), Calbindin (Calb1) and Growth Associated Protein 43 (GAP-43) in the Auditory Cortex (AC), Inferior Colliculus (IC) ..
- Hepatocyte growth factor overexpression in the nervous system enhances learning and memory performance in miceTakashi Kato
Kringle Pharma Joint Research Division for Regenerative Drug Discovery, Center for Advanced Science and Innovation, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
J Neurosci Res 90:1743-55. 2012..Western blot analyses revealed that the levels of N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor subunits NR2A and NR2B, but not NR1, were increased in the hippocampus of HGF-Tg mice compared with WT controls, suggesting that ..
- Glutamate gene polymorphisms predict brain volumes in multiple sclerosisEva M M Strijbis
Department of Neurology, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mult Scler 19:281-8. 2013..The most common approach in imaging genetics is based on mass-univariate linear modelling (MULM), which faces several limitations...
- Analysis of Sp transcription factors in the postmortem brain of chronic schizophrenia: a pilot study of relationship to negative symptomsRaquel Pinacho
Unitat de Recerca, Parc Sanitari Sant Joan de Deu, Fundació Sant Joan de Déu, Universitat de Barcelona, Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental, CIBERSAM, Dr Antoni Pujadas, 42, 08830 Sant Boi de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
J Psychiatr Res 47:926-34. 2013..We also included analysis of NR1, NR2A and DRD2 as Sp target genes...
- NMDA receptor subunit composition determines beta-amyloid-induced neurodegeneration and synaptic lossC Tackenberg
Division of Psychiatry Research, University of Zurich, August Forel Strasse 1, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
Cell Death Dis 4:e608. 2013..Inversely, NR2A-containing NMDAR inhibition as well as NR2A-subunit knockout diminished dendritic spine loss but not the Aβ effect ..
- Glutamate receptor antibodies in neurological diseases: anti-AMPA-GluR3 antibodies, anti-NMDA-NR1 antibodies, anti-NMDA-NR2A/B antibodies, anti-mGluR1 antibodies or anti-mGluR5 antibodies are present in subpopulations of patients with either: epilepsy, enMia Levite
School of Behavioral Sciences, Academic College of Tel Aviv Yafo, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 121:1029-75. 2014..Many patients with 'Anti-NMDA receptor Encephalitis' respond well to several modes of immunotherapy. (3) Anti-NMDA-NR2A/B antibodies are present in a substantial number of patients with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) with or ..
- Involvement of protein phosphatases in the destabilization of methamphetamine-associated contextual memoryYang Jung Yu
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences and Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan 701
Learn Mem 23:486-93. 2016..the N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor (NMDAR) antagonist MK-801 and the NR2B antagonist ifenprodil (IFN) but not by the NR2A antagonist NVP-AAM077 (NVP)...
- MOLECULAR STUDIES OF BRAIN NMDA RECEPTORSR Suzanne Zukin; Fiscal Year: 2009..AIMS are as follows: 1) To examine mechanisms underlying PKA modulation of Ca2+ permeability of synaptic (NR1/NR2A) vs. extrasynaptic (NR1/NR2B) NMDARs in hippocampal neurons...
- RETINAL GANGLION CELLS: ION CHANNELS & TRANSMITTERSStuart A Lipton; Fiscal Year: 2010..Co-expression of NR1/NR2A/NR3A (or 3B) in recombinant systems decreases unitary conductance, Ca2+ permeability, and Mg2+ sensitivity in ..
- Steroids-Functional Modulators of Amino Acid ReceptorsDAVID FARB; Fiscal Year: 2007..b>NR2A or NR2B confers PS potentiation, whereas NR2C or NR2D confers PS inhibition...
- Antibodies to NR2 in SLEBetty Diamond; Fiscal Year: 2011..subset of anti-DNA antibodies cross-reacts with a 5 amino acid sequence present in the extracellular domain of the NR2A and NR2B subunits of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDAR)...
- Behavioral and Neurochemical Effects of Cortical NMDA Receptor Dysfunction: ImpliJANET M FINLAY; Fiscal Year: 2010..are comprised of a common NR1 subunit (necessary for functional NMDA receptors) together with a combination of NR2A-D subunits...
- Alessandro Guidotti; Fiscal Year: 2015..enzyme that synthesizes GABA, and decreased expression of other GABAergic proteins including reelin and the NR2A subunit of the NMDA receptor (Guidotti et al, 2005;Lewis et al, 2005;Lisman et al, 2008;Woo et al, 2004;2008)...
- MARTHA NA CONSTANTINE-PATON; Fiscal Year: 2016..visual layers of the superior colliculus (sSC) in a mouse strain lacking one of the normal NR subunits (the NR2A-/- mouse)...
- DAPK1 regulation of NMDA receptors in ischemic neuronal deathNICOLAS GUILLERMO BAZAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..To date, a variety of NMDA receptor subunit proteins (NR1, NR2A-D) have been cloned...
- Hiroyasu Furukawa; Fiscal Year: 2016..Although several structures have been previously determined for the S1S2 from NR1 and NR2A, the molecular basis for subtype specific ligand-bindings and functions including exceptionally slow deactivation ..
- Zhong Wei Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2016..Specific Aim 2 proposes to investigate the roles of NMDA (N-methyl-D-aspartate) receptor subunits NR2A and NR2C at this synapse...
- Macrophages, NR2B-containing NMDA Receptors and HIV DementiaHUANGUI HANK XIONG; Fiscal Year: 2013Synaptic N-methyl-D-aspartic acid (NMDA) receptors (NMDARs), composed, in large part, of NR2A-containing NMDARs (NR2ARs), promote cell survival, whereas extrasynaptic NMDARs, NR2B-containing NMDARs (NR2BRs), induce cell death...
- Prenatal ethanol exposure effects on NMDA receptor localization and functionMegan L Brady; Fiscal Year: 2011..It is hypothesized that PAE leads to an increased presence of NR1/NR2A-containing NMDA receptors in the extrasynaptic membrane of the dentate gyrus, and this is associated with an ..
- Role NR1/2C and NR1/2D NMDA Receptors in Cortex Function and Memantine ActionJon W Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2012..are usually composed of two types of subunits, NR1 and NR2;there are four NR2 subunits encoded by separate genes (NR2A-NR2D), which, when combined with NR1, define four major NMDAR subtypes (NR1/2A - NR1/2D)...
- Src Family Kinases - Mediated Ischemic Neonatal Brain InjuryXiangning Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2010..We hypothesize that neonatal HI increases tyrosine phosphorylation of NR2A and NR2B mediated by SFKs (hypothesis I) and inhibition of SFKs activity or deletion of Fyn provides cerebral ..
- Molecular basis of homocysteine-glutamate receptor mediated neuronal cell deathRanjana Poddar; Fiscal Year: 2012..Glutamate-mediated stimulation of NR2A containing NMDA receptor subtypes promotes while stimulation of NR2B containing NMDA receptor subtypes inhibits ..
- Developmental and experience-dependent changes in synaptic plasticityJACQUELINE DEMARCHENA; Fiscal Year: 2010..a dramatic activity-dependent change in subunit composition, going from being primarily NR2B-type, to increasingly NR2A-type, with maturity...
- Mechanisms of Inhaled B(a)P-Induced NeurotoxicityDARRYL BRICE HOOD; Fiscal Year: 2010..Transcriptional read out of GFP fluorescence from pLenti6.2-GW/EmGFP-NR2A deletion reporter constructs will be performed...
- The Accumbens NMDA Receptor in HIV-induced Motivational DisordersYan Dong; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our promising preliminary results suggest that the NR2A-containing N-methyl-Daspartate receptor (NMDAR) and its coupled signaling may be such key molecular substrates that ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Reconsolidation BoundariesJonathan E Ploski; Fiscal Year: 2013..inhibition of reconsolidation updating is caused by a change in the synaptic N-methyl D-aspartate receptor subunit NR2A/NR2B ratio...
- The neuroprotective role of nuclear TDP-43 in ischemic strokeQi Wan; Fiscal Year: 2012..Interestingly, we found that the activation of NR2A-containing NMDA receptors (NR2ARs) and subsequent downregulation of phosphatase PTEN contributed to the increase of ..
- Heather C Brenhouse; Fiscal Year: 2014..In one experiment, we will target the NMDA receptor subunit NR2A, which we have shown is over-expressed in ELS adolescents...
- The Roles of NR2A and NR2B in ExcitotoxicityKelly A Foster; Fiscal Year: 2010..Initial pharmacological data indicate that specific NMDAR subunits, specifically NR2A and NR2B, may play different roles in excitotoxicity. However, the results thus far are confusing and contradictory...
- Optimization of small molecule probesStephen F Traynelis; Fiscal Year: 2013..comprised of 2 glycine-binding NR1 subunits and 2 glutamate-binding NR2 subunits, of which there are four types (NR2A,B,C,D). NMDA receptors are involved in normal brain functions such as development, learning, and memory...
- NMDA Receptor Complex Dysfunction in SchizophreniaMatthew L MacDonald; Fiscal Year: 2010..to altered the phosphorylation states of post-synaptic density protein -95 and N- methyl-D-aspartic acid receptor- NR2A. Testing this hypothesis will require phosphotomic analysis of postmortem tissues...
- Subhash C Pandey; Fiscal Year: 2016..neurotrophic factor (BDNF), activity regulated cytoskeleton-associated (Arc) protein, and NMDA receptor subunits (NR2A&2B) are involved in regulating dendritic spine density (DSD) in the brain and are epigenetically controlled by ..
- HETEROGENEITY OF SYNAPTIC NMDA RECEPTORSStefano Vicini; Fiscal Year: 2002..The main hypothesis is that the relative proportion of NR1/NR2A heteromers are the crucial component that controls the efficacy of synaptic NMDA receptors...
- Novel mechanism-based treatments for infantile spasmsLIBOR VELISEK; Fiscal Year: 2010..3) Prenatal priming accelerates developmental switch in replacing NR2B subunit of the NMDA receptor with the NR2A subunit...
- HMGB1 and Traumatic Brain InjuryKrishnan M Dhandapani; Fiscal Year: 2013..The incorporation of NR2A and NR2B knockout mice will determine whether individual NR2 subunits contribute to HMGB1 release, brain swelling, ..
- Mechanistic bases of subtype-specific NMDA receptor channel propertiesBETH SIEGLER RETCHLESS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Most NMDA receptors are tetramers of two NR1 and two NR2 subunits. Four NR2 subtypes are expressed in the brain (NR2A-D);subunit composition greatly affects NMDAR channel properties such as Mg++ block and Ca++ permeability...
- YUELIAN XU; Fiscal Year: 2014..NR2D potentiation ED50 <100 nM;selectivity for NR2D over NR2A-C >20 fold 2. MW <500, clogP 1 to 5, H-bond donors <5;polar surface area 25-100 [unreadable]2 3...
- Phosphorylation and the CNS Actions of EthanolDorit Ron; Fiscal Year: 2012..Fyn (activation) and Src (inhibition), leading to changes in the phosphorylation state of the NR2B (Fyn) and NR2A (Src) subunits of the NMDAR...
- THE BEHAVIORAL PHARMACOLOGY OF PHENCYCLIDINERobert L Balster; Fiscal Year: 2010..e. NR2A, NR2B, NR2C or NR2D) are most important...
- ROBERT WILLIAM PEOPLES; Fiscal Year: 2015..and characterized amino acid positions in the third and fourth membrane-associated (M) domains of the NMDA receptor NR2A subunit that influence both gating and alcohol sensitivity of the ion channel;at least two of these positions are ..
- The Role of NMDA Receptors in the Development of Retinal CircuitsBENJAMIN KNOELL STAFFORD; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>NR2A, NR2B) changes during development in each of several RGC types...
- Stephanie Ceman; Fiscal Year: 2016..Methods: examine the miRNA- dependence of MOV10-FMRP regulation of PSD-95 and NR2A luciferase reporters using the methods described in Specific Aim1...
- Control of glutamate receptor functionStephen F Traynelis; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recent crystallographic advances have provided the first structure for the agonist binding domains of NR1 and NR2A subunits, and recent functional studies have provided the first conceptual models of NR1/NR2A receptor activation ..
- Immunity to brain Ma proteins: A remote effect of cancerJosep Dalmau; Fiscal Year: 2007..to cell surface antigens (highly enriched in hippocampus), which we identified as the NR2B (and at a lesser degree NR2A) subunits of the NMDA receptor...
- Stephen Traynelis; Fiscal Year: 2016..0 (125 nM H+) or 7.4 (50 nM H+) for recombinant NRI/NR2A and NRI/NR2B receptors...
- DEVELOPMENTAL REGULATION OF GLUTAMATE RECEPTOR FUNCTIONMartha Constantine Paton; Fiscal Year: 2001..abruptly (24hrs) in the rat sSC in association with changes in both transcripts and protein for NR subunits NR1 and NR2A. This decrease occurs before eye opening and at the end of retinocollicular map refinement...
- The NMDA Receptor Interaction with CaMKIIJOHANNES HELL; Fiscal Year: 2006..and a-actinin in various combinations and whole cell patch clamping using HEK293 cells transfected with NR1, NR2A, NR2B and CaMKII in different combinations...
- Generation of kinase-resistant NMDA receptors by gene-targeting in the mouseJohn Leonard; Fiscal Year: 2009..phosphorylation of specific serine residues by protein kinase C will allow current amplification in both NR2B- and NR2A-containing receptors...
- ENDOGENOUS REGULATORS OF GLUTAMATE ACTIVATED CHANNELSGary Westbrook; Fiscal Year: 2007..Preliminary[unreadable] results demonstrate that calcium regulation is NR2A specific and[unreadable] chimeric/deletion constructs suggest regions of NR1 and NR2A that are[unreadable] involved,..
- Impact of early life seizures on glutamate receptors and synaptic functionTimothy Benke; Fiscal Year: 2009..Total expression of NR2A becomes permanently decreased...
- Alpha-chimaerin interaction with NR2ATHOMAS VAN DE VEN; Fiscal Year: 2004..the interaction between the non-kinase phorbol ester receptor, alpha-chimaerin and the NMDA receptor subunit NR2A, and study how alpha-chimaerin affects spine morphology during long-term potentiation (LTP)...
- Methamphetamine Toxicity and Striatal NMDA ReceptorsDavid Chapman; Fiscal Year: 2002..Preliminary data from our laboratory suggest that the expression of the NR2A subunit of the NMDA receptor (NMDAR) is increased throughout the striaturn 3 weeks following a neurotoxic regimen ..
- MODERATE ETHANOL PRENATALLY ON NMDA PHOSPHORYLATIONSTEVEN LESLIE; Fiscal Year: 2003..b>NMDAR2A and NMDAR2B subunits are significantly reduced, while the NMDAR1 subunit is unaffected...
- NMDA Receptors and GABA neurons in schizophreniaTSUNG UNG WOO; Fiscal Year: 2005..will be used to begin to explore this important issue by examining the expression of the mRNA for the NMDA NR1, NR2A, or NR2B glutamate receptor subunits, which have all been implicated in the pathophysiology of schizophrenia, in ..
- Modulation of NMDA receptors by serine proteases & PAR 1CHANGJOON LEE; Fiscal Year: 2004..The molecular determinants of the effects by PARI will be determined by using C-terminal chimera of NR2C and NR2A and C-terminal deletion mutants of NR2A subunit.
- NMDA Receptor and Synaptic Plasticity in RetinaNing Tian; Fiscal Year: 2007..In this proposed study, we plan to use two transgenic/mutant mouse models, in which either the gene of subunit 2A (NR2A) of NR is deleted or a key element of the NR2A-rich NR scaffold complex (myosin Va) is mutated, to test this ..
- MOLECULAR ORGANIZATION OF CNS SYNAPSESMorgan Sheng; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our Preliminary Studies suggest that NR2A- and NR2B-containing NMDARs are selectively coupled to LTP or LTD of hippocampal CA1 synapses, respectively...
- The NMDA receptor 3B subunit in Motor Neuron FunctionDongxian Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2005..Remarkably, when co-expressed in oocytes with NR1 and/or NR2A subunits, NR3B dramatically alters the ligand specificity and ion permeability of the NMDAR, as well as its ..
- The Physiology of Extra Synaptic NMDA ReceptorsDIANA PETTIT; Fiscal Year: 2007..synaptic NMDARs. Cultured neuron studies have suggested that NMDARs can exist as synaptic NR1/NR2A heteromers and extrasynaptic NR1/NR2B heteromers...
- Pyk2 regulation of NR2B surface expression and Tyr1472 phosphorylationJASON ULRICH; Fiscal Year: 2009..NMDA receptors are upregulated by Src family kinase mediated tyrosine phosphorylation of NR2A and NR2B. One tyrosine residue of particular interest on NR2B is Tyr1472...
- GLUTAMATE NMDA RECEPTORS IN EPILEPTIC CORTEXThomas Babb; Fiscal Year: 2002..uncover differences in NMDA receptor composition and function in: 1) NMDA receptor protein subunit gene products NR2A, B and their coassemblies with NR1 A-H )splice variants); 2) double-labeled NR1-NR2 immunofluorescence on single ..
- TRANSMITTER NEUROANATOMY IN ALZHEIMERS DISEASESamuel Gandy; Fiscal Year: 2002..g., NMDAR1, NR2A, NR2B, & NR2D)...
- Phosphoantibodies as Research Tools to Study the NMDARANDREW CZERNIK; Fiscal Year: 2002..In Part 2, phosphosite specific antibodies for Tyr 842 in NR2A and for sties on NR2A and NR2B identified in Part 1 will be prepared...
- Ethanol sensitivity--native /recombinant NMDA receptorsJohn Woodward; Fiscal Year: 2006..The successful completion of this training plan will substantially enhance the PI's research expertise and his ability to fulfill the goals of his research. ..
- ETHANOL SENSITIVITY OF NATIVE AND CLONED NMDA RECEPTORSJohn Woodward; Fiscal Year: 2009..Aim 3 will express ethanol-insensitive receptors identified in Aims 1 and 2 in neurons in vitro and in vivo to address which effects of ethanol are mediated by inhibition of NMDA receptors. ..
- Modes of Neurotoxicity in the Mammalian RetinaDENNIS GOEBEL; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Role of NR2A and NR2B Intracellular Tails in Hippocampal LTP and LTDMartha Constantine Paton; Fiscal Year: 2008..produce long-term synaptic depression (LTD) at Schaffer collateral-CAl synapses, and activation of NRs containing NR2A subunits produced long-term synaptic potentiation (LTP) at the same contacts...
- NR3 Expression in Human BrainHelena Mueller; Fiscal Year: 2003..The NMDAR is a multimeric complex comprised of 4 or 5 subunits (NR1, NR2A-D and NR3) derived from six different genes...
- Protein Kinase C Modulation of NMDAR Ethanol SensitivityROSEANNA POPP; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, facilitating the future design of novel therapeutic strategies to be used in the treatment of alcoholism and alcohol abuse...
- Molecular & Behavioral Effects of Low Level Mn ExposureTOMAS GUILARTE; Fiscal Year: 2008..The knowledge gained will help set future public health policies and guidelines to limit Mn exposures in occupational settings and to the general population. ..