Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GPS2
Description: G protein pathway suppressor 2
Alias: AMF-1, GPS-2
- Two human cDNAs, including a homolog of Arabidopsis FUS6 (COP11), suppress G-protein- and mitogen-activated protein kinase-mediated signal transduction in yeast and mammalian cellsB H Spain
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Biology Institute, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Mol Cell Biol 16:6698-706. 1996We have isolated two novel human cDNAs, gps1-1 and gps2, that suppress lethal G-protein subunit-activating mutations in the pheromone response pathway of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- AMF-1/Gps2 binds p300 and enhances its interaction with papillomavirus E2 proteinsY C Peng
Department of Dermatology, New England Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Virol 74:5872-9. 2000The cellular protein AMF-1 (Gps2) positively modulates gene expression by the papillomavirus E2 protein (D. E. Breiding et al., Mol. Cell. Biol. 17:7208-7219, 1997)...
- Identification of interaction partners and substrates of the cyclin A1-CDK2 complexSven Diederichs
Department of Medicine, Hematology Oncology, University of Munster, D 48129 Munster, Germany
J Biol Chem 279:33727-41. 2004..Several novel proteins (INCA1, KARCA1, and PROCA1) as well as the known proteins GPS2 (G-protein pathway suppressor 2), Ku70, receptor for activated protein kinase C1/guanine nucleotide-binding protein ..
- G protein pathway suppressor 2 (GPS2) is a transcriptional corepressor important for estrogen receptor alpha-mediated transcriptional regulationXiwen Cheng
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, The Case Comprehensive Cancer Center, and University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 284:36395-404. 2009We have identified G protein suppressor 2 (GPS2) as a stable component of the SMRT corepressor complexes...
- AMF1 (GPS2) modulates p53 transactivationY C Peng
Department of Dermatology, New England Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, 750 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:5913-24. 2001..that the papillomavirus E2 protein binds the nuclear factor AMF1 (also called G-protein pathway suppressor 2 or GPS2) and that their interaction is necessary for transcriptional activation by E2...
- GPS2 is required for cholesterol efflux by triggering histone demethylation, LXR recruitment, and coregulator assembly at the ABCG1 locusTomas Jakobsson
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Mol Cell 34:510-8. 2009..Here we address this issue in metabolic oxysterol receptor LXR pathways and describe the selective requirement of GPS2 for ABCG1 cholesterol transporter gene transcription and cholesterol efflux from macrophages...
- GPS2-dependent corepressor/SUMO pathways govern anti-inflammatory actions of LRH-1 and LXRbeta in the hepatic acute phase responseNicolas Venteclef
Center for Biosciences, Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, S 14157 Huddinge Stockholm, Sweden
Genes Dev 24:381-95. 2010..Finally, we provide evidence that the metabolically important coregulator GPS2 functions as a hitherto unrecognized transrepression mediator of interactions between SUMOylated nuclear receptors ..
- Formation of hMSH4-hMSH5 heterocomplex is a prerequisite for subsequent GPS2 recruitmentTai Hsien Lee
School of Molecular Biosciences and Center for Reproductive Biology, PO Box 644660, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 4660, USA
DNA Repair (Amst) 5:32-42. 2006..basis underlying the roles of these two human MutS proteins, we have identified G-protein pathway suppressor 2 (GPS2) (i.e...
- Involvement of corepressor complex subunit GPS2 in transcriptional pathways governing human bile acid biosynthesisSabyasachi Sanyal
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, S 14157 Huddinge, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:15665-70. 2007..Here we dissect the transcriptional network governing bile acid biosynthesis in human liver by identifying GPS2, a stoichiometric subunit of a conserved corepressor complex, as a differential coregulator of CYP7A1 and CYP8B1 ..
- G-protein pathway suppressor 2 (GPS2) interacts with the regulatory factor X4 variant 3 (RFX4_v3) and functions as a transcriptional co-activatorDonghui Zhang
Laboratories of Respiratory Biology and Neurobiology, Office of Clinical Research, NIEHS, NIH, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
J Biol Chem 283:8580-90. 2008..Nine candidate interactors were identified, including GPS2 (G-protein pathway suppressor 2)...
- The N-CoR-HDAC3 nuclear receptor corepressor complex inhibits the JNK pathway through the integral subunit GPS2Jinsong Zhang
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Mol Cell 9:611-23. 2002..We report here that GPS2, a protein involved in intracellular signaling, is an integral subunit of the N-CoR-HDAC3 complex...
- Structural basis for the assembly of the SMRT/NCoR core transcriptional repression machineryJasmeen Oberoi
Henry Wellcome Laboratories of Structural Biology, Department of Biochemistry, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Nat Struct Mol Biol 18:177-84. 2011..The core repression complex involves the recruitment of three proteins, HDAC3, GPS2 and TBL1, to a highly conserved repression domain within SMRT and NCoR...
- Interaction of NCOR/SMRT Repressor Complexes with Papillomavirus E8^E2C Proteins Inhibits Viral ReplicationMarcel Dreer
University Hospital Tuebingen, Institute for Medical Virology and Epidemiology of Viral Diseases, Division of Experimental Virology, Tuebingen, Germany
PLoS Pathog 12:e1005556. 2016..Proteomic analyses identified all NCoR/SMRT corepressor complex components (HDAC3, GPS2, NCoR, SMRT, TBL1 and TBLR1) as co-precipitating host cell proteins for HPV16 and 31 E8^E2C proteins...
- Activation of p53 transcriptional activity by SMRT: a histone deacetylase 3-independent function of a transcriptional corepressorAnbu Karani Adikesavan
Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Mol Cell Biol 34:1246-61. 2014..SMRT bound directly to p53 and was recruited to p53 binding sites within the p21 promoter. Depletion of GPS2 and TBL1, components of the SMRT corepressor complex, but not histone deacetylase 3 (HDAC3) decreased p21-..
- Exchange Factor TBL1 and Arginine Methyltransferase PRMT6 Cooperate in Protecting G Protein Pathway Suppressor 2 (GPS2) from Proteasomal DegradationJiawen Huang
From the Biochemistry Department, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118
J Biol Chem 290:19044-54. 2015G protein pathway suppressor 2 (GPS2) is a multifunctional protein involved in the regulation of a number of metabolic organs...
- Prognostic significance of Glasgow prognostic score in patients undergoing esophagectomy for esophageal squamous cell carcinomaJi Feng Feng
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Zhejiang Cancer Hospital, No 38 Guangji Road, Banshan Bridge Key Laboratory Diagnosis and Treatment Technology on Thoracic Oncology, Zhejiang Province, Hangzhou, China
Saudi J Gastroenterol 20:48-53. 2014..The aim of this study was to determine whether the GPS is useful for predicting cancer-specific survival (CSS) of patients for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC)...
- The optimal corepressor function of nuclear receptor corepressor (NCoR) for peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ requires G protein pathway suppressor 2Chun Guo
From the Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Science, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63104, The Department of Cancer Biology, Vontz Center for Molecular Studies, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267
J Biol Chem 290:3666-79. 2015..that NCoR acquires the ability to repress active PPARγ-mediated transcription via G protein pathway suppressor 2 (GPS2), a component of the NCoR corepressor complex. Unlike NCoR, GPS2 can recognize and bind the active state of PPARγ...
- Identification of an MLL4-GPS2 fusion as an oncogenic driver of undifferentiated spindle cell sarcoma in a childElaine O'Meara
Cancer Genetics Program, The National Children s Research Centre, Crumlin, Dublin 12, Ireland
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 53:991-8. 2014..t(17;19)(p13;q13) in a pediatric UDS and have characterized this alteration to show rearrangement of the MLL4 and GPS2 genes, resulting in an in-frame fusion gene MLL4-GPS2, the expression of which promotes anchorage-independent ..
- GPS2/KDM4A pioneering activity regulates promoter-specific recruitment of PPARγM Dafne Cardamone
Biochemistry Department, Boston University School of Medicine, 72 East Concord Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Cell Rep 8:163-76. 2014..function, of peroxisome proliferator-activator receptor γ (PPARγ) in adipocytes requires G protein suppressor 2 (GPS2) to prime the local chromatin environment via inhibition of the ubiquitin ligase RNF8 and stabilization of the H3K9 ..
- SUMOylation of GPS2 protein regulates its transcription-suppressing functionHailian Bi
School of Life Science and Biotechnology, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian 116024, China
Mol Biol Cell 25:2499-508. 2014G-protein pathway suppressor 2 (GPS2) is a human suppressor of G protein-activated mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling...
- Knockdown of a novel G-protein pathway suppressor 2 (GPS2) leads to shrimp mortality by exuvial entrapment during ecdysisPakkakul Sangsuriya
Center of Excellence for Molecular Biology and Genomics of Shrimp, Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University, 254 Phayathai Road, Bangkok 10330, Thailand Center of Excellence for Shrimp Molecular Biology and Biotechnology Centex Shrimp, Mahidol University, Rama VI Rd, Bangkok 10400, Thailand National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology BIOTEC, National Science and Technology Development Agency, Pathum Thani 12120, Thailand
Fish Shellfish Immunol 37:46-52. 2014A novel G-protein pathway suppressor 2 (GPS2) has been identified from hemocytes of the whiteleg shrimp Penaeus vannamei (Pv) and appears to play a role in ecdysis...
- Contribution of a 300 kHz alternating magnetic field on magnetic hyperthermia treatment of HepG2 cellsXiaowen Wang
Institute of Neurological Disorders, Yuquan Hospital, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Bioelectromagnetics 34:95-103. 2013..Also, AMF exposure itself might play a role in MHT, although these observations were made in vitro. These findings suggest a possible presence of an AMF effect during clinical magnetic hyperthermia...
- ANKRD26 and its interacting partners TRIO, GPS2, HMMR and DIPA regulate adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 cellsXiu Fen Liu
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e38130. 2012..and immunoprecipitation assays the triple functional domain protein (TRIO), the G protein pathway suppressor 2 (GPS2), the delta-interacting protein A (DIPA) and the hyaluronan-mediated motility receptor (HMMR) as ANKRD26 ..
- Medulloblastoma exome sequencing uncovers subtype-specific somatic mutationsTrevor J Pugh
Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Nature 488:106-10. 2012..helicase gene, DDX3X, often concurrent with CTNNB1 mutations, and in the nuclear co-repressor (N-CoR) complex genes GPS2, BCOR and LDB1...
- SMRT-GPS2 corepressor pathway dysregulation coincides with obesity-linked adipocyte inflammationAmine Toubal
Institute of Cardiometabolism and Nutrition, Paris, France
J Clin Invest 123:362-79. 2013..Here, we report that expression of the transcriptional corepressor complex subunits GPS2 and SMRT was significantly reduced in obese adipose tissue, inversely correlated to inflammatory status, and was ..
- Negative elongation factor (NELF) coordinates RNA polymerase II pausing, premature termination, and chromatin remodeling to regulate HIV transcriptionMalini Natarajan
Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Integrated Biosciences Graduate Program, Penn State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
J Biol Chem 288:25995-6003. 2013..In addition, we identify NCoR1-GPS2-HDAC3 as a NELF-interacting corepressor complex that is associated with repressed HIV long terminal repeats...
- GPS2 is required for the association of NS5A with VAP-A and hepatitis C virus replicationGuodong Xu
State Key Laboratory of Virology, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
PLoS ONE 8:e78195. 2013..It has been reported that G protein pathway suppressor 2 (GPS2) is a potential NS5A-binding factor, as identified in a yeast two-hybrid screens of human cDNA library using viral ..
- Mutations in the gravity persistence signal loci in Arabidopsis disrupt the perception and/or signal transduction of gravitropic stimuliSarah E Wyatt
Department of Botany, North Carolina State University, Raleigh 27695 7612, USA
Plant Physiol 130:1426-35. 2002..gps1-1 did not bend in response to the 4 degrees C gravity stimulus upon return to RT. gps2-1 responded to the 4 degrees C stimulus but bent in the opposite direction...
- Functional analysis of zinc finger proteins that bind to the silencer element in the glutathione transferase P geneAtsuhiro Tanabe
Laboratory of Environmental Biochemistry, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, Yamada oka, Suita, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 25:970-4. 2002..Recently, zinc finger proteins as candidates for SF-C, which binds to GST-P silencer 2 (GPS2), were isolated...
- A human suppressor of c-Jun N-terminal kinase 1 activation by tumor necrosis factor alphaD Y Jin
Molecular Virology Section, Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology, NIAID, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 0460, USA
J Biol Chem 272:25816-23. 1997..We isolated a novel human cell factor, G-protein pathway suppressor 2 (GPS2), by its ability to bind the HTLV-I oncoprotein, and we show that this factor can potently suppress Tax activation ..
- A protective strategy against hyperinflammatory responses requiring the nontranscriptional actions of GPS2M Dafne Cardamone
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, School of Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Mol Cell 46:91-104. 2012..Here, we report a critical, nontranscriptional role of GPS2 as a guardian against hyperstimulation of the TNF-α-induced gene program...
- Evidence for altered polar and lateral auxin transport in the gravity persistent signal (gps) mutants of ArabidopsisVijayanand Nadella
Department of Environmental and Plant Biology, Ohio University, 317 Porter Hall, Athens, OH 45701, USA
Plant Cell Environ 29:682-90. 2006..mutants respond abnormally after the cold gravistimulation: gps1 does not bend when returned to room temperature, gps2 bends the wrong way and gps3 over-responds, curving past the predicted angle...
- Involvement of the SMRT/NCoR-HDAC3 complex in transcriptional repression by the CNOT2 subunit of the human Ccr4-Not complexSandrine Jayne
Department of Physiological Chemistry, Stratenum STR 3 211, University Medical Center Utrecht, Universiteitsweg 100, 3584 CG Utrecht, The Netherlands
Biochem J 398:461-7. 2006..Our results show that the SMRT/NCoR-HDAC3 complex is a cofactor of CNOT2-mediated repression and suggest that transcriptional regulation by the Ccr4-Not complex involves regulation of chromatin modification...
- Effects of breed, feeding system, and parity on udder health and milking characteristicsS Walsh
Teagasc, Dairy Production Research Centre, Moorepark, Fermoy, Co Cork, Ireland
J Dairy Sci 90:5767-79. 2007..The differences expressed by the divergent breeds may reflect differences in the past breeding goals among the breeds, namely the inclusion of traits aimed at maintaining or improving udder health...
- Caries-preventive effect of topical amine fluoride in children with high and low salivary levels of mutans streptococciE Brambilla
Department of Pedodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Milan, Italy
Caries Res 33:423-7. 1999..The participants of the experimental group received application of an AmF 1% F(-) solution twice a year on the enamel surfaces of the first permanent molars for 5 years...
- Gps2, a protein partner for human papillomavirus E6 proteinsY Y Degenhardt
Departments of Pharmacology, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Virol 75:151-60. 2001..A clone that encoded Gps2 interacted with E6 proteins from HPVs of high and low oncogenic risk...
- On the role of NR3A in human NMDA receptorsMaria Eriksson
Karolinska Institutet, Division of Neurodegeneration and Neuroinflammation, Department of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society, Novum, S 141 86 Huddinge, Sweden
Physiol Behav 92:54-9. 2007..signaling pathways for NR3A-containing NMDA receptors, we screened for proteins interacting with hNR3A and identified three proteins: plectin, CARP-1 and GPS2. The possible physiological roles of these interactions are discussed.
- Adamantyl-substituted retinoid-related molecules bind small heterodimer partner and modulate the Sin3A repressorLulu Farhana
John D Dingell Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 4646 John R Street, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Cancer Res 67:318-25. 2007..These results suggest that AHPN/3-Cl-AHPC and their analogues are SHP ligands and their induction of apoptosis is mediated by their binding to the SHP receptor...
- Phosphorylation of thyroid hormone receptor-associated nuclear receptor corepressor holocomplex by the DNA-dependent protein kinase enhances its histone deacetylase activityM Jeyakumar
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Biol Chem 282:9312-22. 2007..Collectively, our results indicated that DNA-PK promotes the establishment of a repressive chromatin at a TR target promoter by enhancing the HDAC activity of the receptor-bound NCoR/SMRT corepressor complex...
- Purification and functional characterization of the human N-CoR complex: the roles of HDAC3, TBL1 and TBLR1Ho Geun Yoon
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
EMBO J 22:1336-46. 2003..Together, our data reveal the roles of HDAC3 and TBL/TBLR1 and provide evidence for the functional importance of histone interaction in repression mediated by SMRT-N-CoR complexes...
- N-CoR mediates DNA methylation-dependent repression through a methyl CpG binding protein KaisoHo Geun Yoon
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cell 12:723-34. 2003..Thus, our data demonstrate a critical role for a methyl CpG binding protein in mediating DNA methylation-dependent repression and reveal the mechanism by which it represses transcription...
- Constitutional haploinsufficiency of tumor suppressor genes in mentally retarded patients with microdeletions in 17p13.1A C V Krepischi-Santos
Department of Genetics and Evolutionary Biology, Institute of Biosciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cytogenet Genome Res 125:1-7. 2009..1. This segment encompasses 18 genes, including 3 involved in cancer, namely KCTD11/REN, DLG4/PSD95, and GPS2. Furthermore, in 2 of the patients, the deletions also included TP53, the most frequently inactivated gene in human ..
- Differential arginine methylation of the G-protein pathway suppressor GPS-2 recognized by tumor-specific T cells in melanomaSaulius Jarmalavicius
Department of Dermatology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Humboldt University, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
FASEB J 24:937-46. 2010..Jarmalavicius, S., Trefzer, U., Walden, P. Differential arginine methylation of the G-protein pathway suppressor GPS-2 recognized by tumor-specific T cells in melanoma...
- Effect of titanium tetrafluoride, amine fluoride and fluoride varnish on enamel erosion in vitroA Vieira
Department of Dentistry and Oral Hygiene, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Caries Res 39:371-9. 2005..The cumulative erosion depth (in mum) after 72 min was: TiF4 gel 1% 8.29 +/- 0.39; TiF4 gel 4% 8.27 +/- 0.55; AmF 1% 8.69 +/- 0.66; AmF 0.25% 8.86 +/- 0.33; FP 3.43 +/- 1.07; FP-blanco 14.86 +/- 1.59 and control 9.77 +/- 0.49...
- A functional analysis of GABARAP on 17p13.1 by knockdown zebrafishYuta Komoike
International Research and Educational Institute for Integrated Medical Sciences IREIIMS, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
J Hum Genet 55:155-62. 2010..Among them, DLG4/PSD95, GPS2, GABARAP and KCTD11 have a function in neuronal development...
- Genetic variation and relationships between isolates and species of the entomopathogenic nematode genus Heterorhabditis deciphered through isozyme profilesGanpati B Jagdale
Department of Entomology, The Ohio State University, OARDC, Wooster 4469 4096, USA
J Parasitol 92:509-16. 2006..bacteriophora isolates with the average pairwise distance of 0.1507. GPS2 and GPS3 were the most closely related isolates with the average distance of only 0...
- Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi alter thymol derivative contents of Inula ensifolia LSzymon Zubek
Mycology Unit, Institute of Botany, Jagiellonian University, Lubicz 46, 31 512 Kraków, Poland
Mycorrhiza 20:497-504. 2010..The mechanisms by which AMF trigger changes in phytochemical concentration in plant tissues and their consequences for practice are discussed...
- An emerin "proteome": purification of distinct emerin-containing complexes from HeLa cells suggests molecular basis for diverse roles including gene regulation, mRNA splicing, signaling, mechanosensing, and nuclear architectureJames M Holaska
Department of Cell Biology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 725 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Biochemistry 46:8897-908. 2007..When expressed in HeLa cells, FLAG-tagged NCoR subunits Gps2, HDAC3, TBLR1, and NCoR each co-immunoprecipitated emerin, validating one putative complex...
- Role of the NCoR corepressor complex in the development of insulin resistanceValentina Perissi; Fiscal Year: 2012b>GPS2 has been recently reported as an intrinsic component of one of the major represser complexes in transcription, the NCoR/SMRT nuclear receptor corepressor complex...
- Gene Networks controlling macrophage-adipocyte interactions in insulinChristopher K Glass; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will capitalize on our recent discoveries of unexpected roles of GPS2 and the nuclear receptor co-repressors NCoR and SMRT in regulation of inflammatory signaling pathways in ..