Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GPS2
Description: G protein pathway suppressor 2
Alias: AMF-1, GPS-2
- AMF-1/Gps2 binds p300 and enhances its interaction with papillomavirus E2 proteinsY C Peng
Department of Dermatology, New England Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Virol 74:5872-9. 2000The cellular protein AMF-1 (Gps2) positively modulates gene expression by the papillomavirus E2 protein (D. E. Breiding et al., Mol. Cell. Biol. 17:7208-7219, 1997)...
- A human suppressor of c-Jun N-terminal kinase 1 activation by tumor necrosis factor alphaD Y Jin
Molecular Virology Section, Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology, NIAID, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 0460, USA
J Biol Chem 272:25816-23. 1997..We isolated a novel human cell factor, G-protein pathway suppressor 2 (GPS2), by its ability to bind the HTLV-I oncoprotein, and we show that this factor can potently suppress Tax activation ..
- Two human cDNAs, including a homolog of Arabidopsis FUS6 (COP11), suppress G-protein- and mitogen-activated protein kinase-mediated signal transduction in yeast and mammalian cellsB H Spain
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Biology Institute, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Mol Cell Biol 16:6698-706. 1996We have isolated two novel human cDNAs, gps1-1 and gps2, that suppress lethal G-protein subunit-activating mutations in the pheromone response pathway of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- An emerin "proteome": purification of distinct emerin-containing complexes from HeLa cells suggests molecular basis for diverse roles including gene regulation, mRNA splicing, signaling, mechanosensing, and nuclear architectureJames M Holaska
Department of Cell Biology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 725 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Biochemistry 46:8897-908. 2007..When expressed in HeLa cells, FLAG-tagged NCoR subunits Gps2, HDAC3, TBLR1, and NCoR each co-immunoprecipitated emerin, validating one putative complex...
- Involvement of corepressor complex subunit GPS2 in transcriptional pathways governing human bile acid biosynthesisSabyasachi Sanyal
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, S 14157 Huddinge, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:15665-70. 2007..Here we dissect the transcriptional network governing bile acid biosynthesis in human liver by identifying GPS2, a stoichiometric subunit of a conserved corepressor complex, as a differential coregulator of CYP7A1 and CYP8B1 ..
- Effects of breed, feeding system, and parity on udder health and milking characteristicsS Walsh
Teagasc, Dairy Production Research Centre, Moorepark, Fermoy, Co Cork, Ireland
J Dairy Sci 90:5767-79. 2007..The differences expressed by the divergent breeds may reflect differences in the past breeding goals among the breeds, namely the inclusion of traits aimed at maintaining or improving udder health...
- G-protein pathway suppressor 2 (GPS2) interacts with the regulatory factor X4 variant 3 (RFX4_v3) and functions as a transcriptional co-activatorDonghui Zhang
Laboratories of Respiratory Biology and Neurobiology, Office of Clinical Research, NIEHS, NIH, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
J Biol Chem 283:8580-90. 2008..Nine candidate interactors were identified, including GPS2 (G-protein pathway suppressor 2)...
- GPS2 is required for cholesterol efflux by triggering histone demethylation, LXR recruitment, and coregulator assembly at the ABCG1 locusTomas Jakobsson
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Mol Cell 34:510-8. 2009..Here we address this issue in metabolic oxysterol receptor LXR pathways and describe the selective requirement of GPS2 for ABCG1 cholesterol transporter gene transcription and cholesterol efflux from macrophages...
- Constitutional haploinsufficiency of tumor suppressor genes in mentally retarded patients with microdeletions in 17p13.1A C V Krepischi-Santos
Department of Genetics and Evolutionary Biology, Institute of Biosciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cytogenet Genome Res 125:1-7. 2009..1. This segment encompasses 18 genes, including 3 involved in cancer, namely KCTD11/REN, DLG4/PSD95, and GPS2. Furthermore, in 2 of the patients, the deletions also included TP53, the most frequently inactivated gene in human ..
- G protein pathway suppressor 2 (GPS2) is a transcriptional corepressor important for estrogen receptor alpha-mediated transcriptional regulationXiwen Cheng
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, The Case Comprehensive Cancer Center, and University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 284:36395-404. 2009We have identified G protein suppressor 2 (GPS2) as a stable component of the SMRT corepressor complexes...
- Differential arginine methylation of the G-protein pathway suppressor GPS-2 recognized by tumor-specific T cells in melanomaSaulius Jarmalavicius
Department of Dermatology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Humboldt University, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
FASEB J 24:937-46. 2010..Jarmalavicius, S., Trefzer, U., Walden, P. Differential arginine methylation of the G-protein pathway suppressor GPS-2 recognized by tumor-specific T cells in melanoma...
- A functional analysis of GABARAP on 17p13.1 by knockdown zebrafishYuta Komoike
International Research and Educational Institute for Integrated Medical Sciences IREIIMS, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
J Hum Genet 55:155-62. 2010..Among them, DLG4/PSD95, GPS2, GABARAP and KCTD11 have a function in neuronal development...
- GPS2-dependent corepressor/SUMO pathways govern anti-inflammatory actions of LRH-1 and LXRbeta in the hepatic acute phase responseNicolas Venteclef
Center for Biosciences, Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, S 14157 Huddinge Stockholm, Sweden
Genes Dev 24:381-95. 2010..Finally, we provide evidence that the metabolically important coregulator GPS2 functions as a hitherto unrecognized transrepression mediator of interactions between SUMOylated nuclear receptors ..
- Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi alter thymol derivative contents of Inula ensifolia LSzymon Zubek
Mycology Unit, Institute of Botany, Jagiellonian University, Lubicz 46, 31 512 Kraków, Poland
Mycorrhiza 20:497-504. 2010..The mechanisms by which AMF trigger changes in phytochemical concentration in plant tissues and their consequences for practice are discussed...
- On the role of NR3A in human NMDA receptorsMaria Eriksson
Karolinska Institutet, Division of Neurodegeneration and Neuroinflammation, Department of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society, Novum, S 141 86 Huddinge, Sweden
Physiol Behav 92:54-9. 2007..signaling pathways for NR3A-containing NMDA receptors, we screened for proteins interacting with hNR3A and identified three proteins: plectin, CARP-1 and GPS2. The possible physiological roles of these interactions are discussed.
- Phosphorylation of thyroid hormone receptor-associated nuclear receptor corepressor holocomplex by the DNA-dependent protein kinase enhances its histone deacetylase activityM Jeyakumar
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Biol Chem 282:9312-22. 2007..Collectively, our results indicated that DNA-PK promotes the establishment of a repressive chromatin at a TR target promoter by enhancing the HDAC activity of the receptor-bound NCoR/SMRT corepressor complex...
- Adamantyl-substituted retinoid-related molecules bind small heterodimer partner and modulate the Sin3A repressorLulu Farhana
John D Dingell Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 4646 John R Street, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Cancer Res 67:318-25. 2007..These results suggest that AHPN/3-Cl-AHPC and their analogues are SHP ligands and their induction of apoptosis is mediated by their binding to the SHP receptor...
- Caries-preventive effect of topical amine fluoride in children with high and low salivary levels of mutans streptococciE Brambilla
Department of Pedodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Milan, Italy
Caries Res 33:423-7. 1999..The participants of the experimental group received application of an AmF 1% F(-) solution twice a year on the enamel surfaces of the first permanent molars for 5 years...
- Gps2, a protein partner for human papillomavirus E6 proteinsY Y Degenhardt
Departments of Pharmacology, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Virol 75:151-60. 2001..A clone that encoded Gps2 interacted with E6 proteins from HPVs of high and low oncogenic risk...
- AMF1 (GPS2) modulates p53 transactivationY C Peng
Department of Dermatology, New England Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, 750 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:5913-24. 2001..that the papillomavirus E2 protein binds the nuclear factor AMF1 (also called G-protein pathway suppressor 2 or GPS2) and that their interaction is necessary for transcriptional activation by E2...
- The N-CoR-HDAC3 nuclear receptor corepressor complex inhibits the JNK pathway through the integral subunit GPS2Jinsong Zhang
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Mol Cell 9:611-23. 2002..We report here that GPS2, a protein involved in intracellular signaling, is an integral subunit of the N-CoR-HDAC3 complex...
- Purification and functional characterization of the human N-CoR complex: the roles of HDAC3, TBL1 and TBLR1Ho Geun Yoon
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
EMBO J 22:1336-46. 2003..Together, our data reveal the roles of HDAC3 and TBL/TBLR1 and provide evidence for the functional importance of histone interaction in repression mediated by SMRT-N-CoR complexes...
- N-CoR mediates DNA methylation-dependent repression through a methyl CpG binding protein KaisoHo Geun Yoon
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cell 12:723-34. 2003..Thus, our data demonstrate a critical role for a methyl CpG binding protein in mediating DNA methylation-dependent repression and reveal the mechanism by which it represses transcription...
- Identification of interaction partners and substrates of the cyclin A1-CDK2 complexSven Diederichs
Department of Medicine, Hematology Oncology, University of Munster, D 48129 Munster, Germany
J Biol Chem 279:33727-41. 2004..Several novel proteins (INCA1, KARCA1, and PROCA1) as well as the known proteins GPS2 (G-protein pathway suppressor 2), Ku70, receptor for activated protein kinase C1/guanine nucleotide-binding protein ..
- Effect of titanium tetrafluoride, amine fluoride and fluoride varnish on enamel erosion in vitroA Vieira
Department of Dentistry and Oral Hygiene, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Caries Res 39:371-9. 2005..The cumulative erosion depth (in mum) after 72 min was: TiF4 gel 1% 8.29 +/- 0.39; TiF4 gel 4% 8.27 +/- 0.55; AmF 1% 8.69 +/- 0.66; AmF 0.25% 8.86 +/- 0.33; FP 3.43 +/- 1.07; FP-blanco 14.86 +/- 1.59 and control 9.77 +/- 0.49...
- Formation of hMSH4-hMSH5 heterocomplex is a prerequisite for subsequent GPS2 recruitmentTai Hsien Lee
School of Molecular Biosciences and Center for Reproductive Biology, PO Box 644660, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 4660, USA
DNA Repair (Amst) 5:32-42. 2006..basis underlying the roles of these two human MutS proteins, we have identified G-protein pathway suppressor 2 (GPS2) (i.e...
- Involvement of the SMRT/NCoR-HDAC3 complex in transcriptional repression by the CNOT2 subunit of the human Ccr4-Not complexSandrine Jayne
Department of Physiological Chemistry, Stratenum STR 3 211, University Medical Center Utrecht, Universiteitsweg 100, 3584 CG Utrecht, The Netherlands
Biochem J 398:461-7. 2006..Our results show that the SMRT/NCoR-HDAC3 complex is a cofactor of CNOT2-mediated repression and suggest that transcriptional regulation by the Ccr4-Not complex involves regulation of chromatin modification...
- Genetic variation and relationships between isolates and species of the entomopathogenic nematode genus Heterorhabditis deciphered through isozyme profilesGanpati B Jagdale
Department of Entomology, The Ohio State University, OARDC, Wooster 4469 4096, USA
J Parasitol 92:509-16. 2006..bacteriophora isolates with the average pairwise distance of 0.1507. GPS2 and GPS3 were the most closely related isolates with the average distance of only 0...
- Structural basis for the assembly of the SMRT/NCoR core transcriptional repression machineryJasmeen Oberoi
Henry Wellcome Laboratories of Structural Biology, Department of Biochemistry, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Nat Struct Mol Biol 18:177-84. 2011..The core repression complex involves the recruitment of three proteins, HDAC3, GPS2 and TBL1, to a highly conserved repression domain within SMRT and NCoR...
- Role of the NCoR corepressor complex in the development of insulin resistanceValentina Perissi; Fiscal Year: 2007DESCRIPTION (provided by candidate): GPS2 has been recently reported as an intrinsic component of one of the major repressor complexes in transcription, the NCoR/SMRT nuclear receptor corepressor complex...
- CONTROL OF PAPILLOMAVIRUS EXPRESSION AND TRANSFORMATIONElliot Androphy; Fiscal Year: 2006..These investigations should result in greater and new understanding of the mechanisms that control viral gene expression, RNA processing, and replication of the viral genome. ..