Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: gp130
Description: interleukin 6 signal transducer
Alias: CD130, CDW130, GP130, IL-6RB, CD130 antigen, IL-6 receptor subunit beta, IL-6R subunit beta, gp130 of the rheumatoid arthritis antigenic peptide-bearing soluble form, gp130, oncostatin M receptor, interleukin receptor beta chain, membrane glycoprotein 130, membrane glycoprotein gp130, oncostatin-M receptor subunit alpha
Publications225 found, 100 shown here
- The IL-6 family cytokines, interleukin-6, interleukin-11, oncostatin M, and leukemia inhibitory factor, enhance mast cell growth through fibroblast-dependent pathway in miceE Gyotoku
Department of Dermatology, Hiroshima University, Faculty of Medicine, Japan
Arch Dermatol Res 293:508-14. 2001..Among the proinflammatory mediators, leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF), which shares a receptor component (gp130 subunit) with interleukin-6 (IL-6), has been identified as a mast cell growth-enhancing factor produced by cells ..
- gp130 receptor ligands as potential therapeutic targets for obesityMark A Febbraio
Cellular and Molecular Metabolism Laboratory, Division of Diabetes and Metabolism, Baker Heart Research Institute, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Clin Invest 117:841-9. 2007..Recent research has focused on the role that gp130 receptor ligands may play as potential therapeutic targets in obesity...
- Hexameric structure and assembly of the interleukin-6/IL-6 alpha-receptor/gp130 complexMartin J Boulanger
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and Department of Structural Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Fairchild D319, 299 Campus Drive, Stanford, CA 94305 5124, USA
Science 300:2101-4. 2003..signaling assembly composed of IL-6, the IL-6 alpha-receptor (IL-6Ralpha), and the shared signaling receptor gp130. The 3...
- Oncostatin M inhibits TGF-β1-induced CTGF expression via STAT3 in human proximal tubular cellsRita Sarközi
Department of Internal Medicine IV, Nephrology and Hypertension, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 424:801-6. 2012..Together these results suggest that the inhibitory effect of OSM on TGF-β1-induced CTGF mRNA expression is mainly driven by STAT3, thereby providing a signaling mechanism whereby OSM may contribute to tubulointerstitial protection...
- A novel galectin-1 and interleukin 2 receptor β haplotype is associated with autoimmune myasthenia gravisZsuzsanna Pal
Center for Molecular Neurology, Department of Neurology, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
J Neuroimmunol 229:107-11. 2010..Pathway analysis revealed interaction between LGALS1 and IL2Rβ suggesting a role of these proteins in this rare disease...
- Humanin inhibits neuronal cell death by interacting with a cytokine receptor complex or complexes involving CNTF receptor alpha/WSX-1/gp130Yuichi Hashimoto
Department of Pharmacology and Neuroscience, Tokyo Medical University, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8402, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 20:2864-73. 2009..In this study, a series of loss-of-function tests indicated that gp130, the common subunit of receptors belonging to the IL-6 receptor family, was essential for HN-induced ..
- Structural requirements of the interleukin-6 signal transducer gp130 for its interaction with Janus kinase 1: the receptor is crucial for kinase activationClaude Haan
Department of Biochemistry, Rheinisch Westfalische Technische Hochschule, Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Biochem J 361:105-11. 2002We analysed the interaction of gp130, the common signal-transducing receptor chain of interleukin (IL)-6 type cytokines, with Jak1, the Janus family kinase which is crucial for signal transduction of this group of cytokines...
- Mutations in cytokine receptor-like factor 1 (CRLF1) account for both Crisponi and cold-induced sweating syndromesN Dagoneau
Department of Genetics and INSERM U781, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Am J Hum Genet 80:966-70. 2007..The identification of CRLF1 mutations in Crisponi syndrome supports the key role of the CNTFR pathway in the function of the autonomic nervous system...
- Interleukin 31, a cytokine produced by activated T cells, induces dermatitis in miceStacey R Dillon
Department of Immunology, ZymoGenetics, 1201 Eastlake Avenue East, Seattle, Washington 98102, USA
Nat Immunol 5:752-60. 2004..These data indicate that IL-31 may be involved in promoting the dermatitis and epithelial responses that characterize allergic and non-allergic diseases...
- WSX-1 and glycoprotein 130 constitute a signal-transducing receptor for IL-27Stefan Pflanz
DNAX Research Institute, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Immunol 172:2225-31. 2004..In this study, we describe that WSX-1 together with gp130 constitutes a functional signal-transducing receptor for IL-27...
- Augmented expression of cardiotrophin-1 in failing human hearts is accompanied by diminished glycoprotein 130 receptor protein abundanceOliver Zolk
Institut fur Experimentelle und Klinische Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Circulation 106:1442-6. 2002..Although cardiac CT-1 gene expression is known to be upregulated in some animal models of congestive heart failure, the activation state of the CT-1 system in patients with congestive heart failure is unknown...
- Sortilin facilitates signaling of ciliary neurotrophic factor and related helical type 1 cytokines targeting the gp130/leukemia inhibitory factor receptor beta heterodimerJakob Vejby Larsen
MIND Center, Department of Medical Biochemistry, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
Mol Cell Biol 30:4175-87. 2010..something which is not provided by CNTF receptor alpha, and the other is to facilitate CNTF signaling through the gp130/leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) receptor beta heterodimeric complex...
- gp130 dimerization in the absence of ligand: preformed cytokine receptor complexesStephanie Tenhumberg
Department of Biochemistry, Christian Albrechts University Kiel, Olshausenstrasse 40, D 24098 Kiel, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 346:649-57. 2006..To investigate gp130 dimerization, we performed co-precipitation experiments with the endogenous cytokine receptors gp130 and leukemia ..
- Dimerization of the cytokine receptors gp130 and LIFR analysed in single cellsBernd Giese
Institut fur Biochemie, Universitätsklinikum RWTH Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
J Cell Sci 118:5129-40. 2005The cytokine receptor gp130 is the shared signalling subunit of the IL-6-type cytokines...
- Structural organization of a full-length gp130/LIF-R cytokine receptor transmembrane complexGeorgios Skiniotis
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell 31:737-48. 2008b>gp130 is a shared receptor for at least nine cytokines and can signal either as a homodimer or as a heterodimer with Leukemia Inhibitory Factor Receptor (LIF-R)...
- Frequent in-frame somatic deletions activate gp130 in inflammatory hepatocellular tumoursSandra Rebouissou
INSERM, U674, Génomique fonctionnelle des tumeurs solides, Paris F 75010, France
Nature 457:200-4. 2009..this response to somatic gain-of-function mutations in the IL6ST gene, which encodes the signalling co-receptor gp130. Indeed, 60% of inflammatory hepatocellular adenomas harbour small in-frame deletions that target the binding site ..
- Insulin-like growth factor-1- and interleukin-6-related gene variation and risk of multiple myelomaBrenda M Birmann
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:282-8. 2009..5, 95% CI, 1.1-6.0). Additional SNPs in genes encoding IGF-1, IGF binding protein-2, IRS2, and gp130 also showed suggestive associations with multiple myeloma risk...
- Soluble gp130 is up-regulated in the implantation window and shows altered secretion in patients with primary unexplained infertilityJ R A Sherwin
The Reproductive Molecular Research Group, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Cambridge, The Rosie Maternity Hospital, Cambridge, CB2 2SW, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:3953-60. 2002..The activity of these cytokines is modified by soluble receptors such as the IL-6 receptor (sIL-6R). gp130 is a signal transduction molecule common to the receptor complexes of this family, and its soluble form (sgp130) ..
- Soluble forms of the interleukin-6 signal-transducing receptor component gp130 in human serum possessing a potential to inhibit signals through membrane-anchored gp130M Narazaki
Division of Immunology, Osaka University, Japan
Blood 82:1120-6. 1993The interleukin-6 (IL-6) signal is transduced through membrane-anchored gp130, which is associated with IL-6 receptor (IL-6R) in the presence of IL-6...
- Novel role of Janus kinase 1 in the regulation of oncostatin M receptor surface expressionSimone Radtke
Institut fur Biochemie, Universitätsklinikum der Rheinisch Westfälischen Technischen Hochschule Aachen, Pauwelsstr 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:11297-305. 2002..Finally we demonstrate that in Jak1-deficient cells, the endogenous OSMR is significantly down-regulated, an effect that can be reversed by transient expression of Jak1 in these cells...
- Signaling conformations of the tall cytokine receptor gp130 when in complex with IL-6 and IL-6 receptorGeorgios Skiniotis
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 12:545-51. 2005b>gp130 is a shared cytokine signaling receptor and the founding member of the 'tall' class of cytokine receptors...
- Leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF), cardiotrophin-1, and oncostatin M share structural binding determinants in the immunoglobulin-like domain of LIF receptorHelene Plun-Favreau
INSERM U564, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire d Angers, 4 rue Larrey, 49033 Angers, France
J Biol Chem 278:27169-79. 2003..and oncostatin M (OSM) are four helix bundle cytokines acting through a common heterodimeric receptor composed of gp130 and LIF receptor (LIFR)...
- Cardiotrophin-1 stimulation of cardiac fibroblast growth: roles for glycoprotein 130/leukemia inhibitory factor receptor and the endothelin type A receptorToshihiro Tsuruda
Cardiorenal Research Laboratory, Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Circ Res 90:128-34. 2002..This study was designed to identify the presence and action of CT-1 and its receptor complex, glycoprotein130 (gp130) and leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) receptor, on cardiac fibroblast growth in cultured adult canine cardiac ..
- A polymorphism at the IL6ST (gp130) locus is associated with traits of the metabolic syndromeLucia Gottardo
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:205-10. 2008The interleukin 6 signal transducer (IL6ST, also known as gp130) is a ubiquitously expressed intermediate of the interleukin-6 signaling pathway...
- Dissection of the signalling requirements of interleukin-6-stimulated myeloma cell growthJ D French
Department of Immunology, Mayo Graduate and Medical School, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Acta Oncol 39:777-81. 2000..Second. we are using a chimeric receptor approach to identify the regions of gp130, the signal transducing component of the IL-6 receptor, that are essential for myeloma cell proliferation...
- Effects of Viscum album extract therapy in patients with cancer: relation with interleukin-6, soluble interleukin-6 receptor, and soluble gp130Eva Kovacs
Society of Cancer Research, Arlesheim, Switzerland
J Altern Complement Med 10:241-6. 2004..VA) extract therapy on interleukin (IL)-12, IL-16, IL-6, soluble interleukin-6 receptor (sIL-6R), and soluble gp130 (sgp130) in patients with cancer...
- How does interleukin-6 affect the membrane expressions of interleukin-6 receptor and gp130 and the proliferation of the human myeloma cell line OPM-2?Eva Kovacs
Society of Cancer Research, Kirschweg 9, 4144 Arlesheim, Switzerland
Biomed Pharmacother 57:489-94. 2003..on the following parameters in the human myeloma cell line OPM-2: membrane expression of IL-6 receptor (IL-6R) and gp130, proliferation of the tumour cells and the amount of the soluble IL-6 receptor (sIL-6R) in the supernatant...
- The pro- and anti-inflammatory properties of the cytokine interleukin-6Jürgen Scheller
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology II, Medical Faculty, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1813:878-88. 2011..a membrane bound interleukin-6 receptor, which upon ligand binding associates with the signaling receptor protein gp130. Gp130 dimerizes, leading to the activation of Janus kinases and subsequent phosphorylation of tyrosine residues ..
- The interleukin-6/interleukin-6-receptor system is activated in donor heartsGabriele Plenz
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Muenster University, Muenster, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:1508-12. 2002..To assess the potential of the donor heart to respond to interleukin-6 (IL6), the present study investigated the expression of IL6 receptor components in the myocardium of donor hearts before transplantation...
- Spatiotemporal distribution of gp130 cytokines and their receptors after status epilepticus: comparison with neuronal degeneration and microglial activationD R Rosell
Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, Box 165, New York, NY 10021, USA
Neuroscience 122:329-48. 2003Although numerous studies have demonstrated the neurotrophic capacity of gp130 cytokines, it remains unclear whether endogenously expressed cytokines actually function in a direct neuromodulatory manner...
- Evidence for altered activity of the IL-6 pathway in chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polypsAnju T Peters
Division of Allergy Immunology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 125:397-403.e10. 2010..The IL-6 receptor and the membrane protein, glycoprotein 130 (gp130), form an active signaling complex that signals through signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3) ..
- Detection of direct binding of human herpesvirus 8-encoded interleukin-6 (vIL-6) to both gp130 and IL-6 receptor (IL-6R) and identification of amino acid residues of vIL-6 important for IL-6R-dependent and -independent signalingH Li
The Molecular Virology Laboratories, Department of Oncology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
J Virol 75:3325-34. 2001..Like these proteins, vIL-6 mediates its effects through the gp130 signal transducer, but signaling is not dependent on the structurally related IL-6 receptor (IL-6R; gp80) subunit ..
- Measurements of IL-6, soluble IL-6 receptor and soluble gp130 in sera of B-cell lymphoma patients. Does viscum album treatment affect these parameters?E Kovacs
Society of Cancer Research, Kirschweg, Arlesheim, Switzerland
Biomed Pharmacother 56:152-8. 2002..This cytokine binds to soluble IL-6 receptor (sIL-6R) circulating in blood, leading to signal transduction via gp130. Soluble IL-6R shows agonistic activity for IL-6, and the soluble form of gp130 (sgp130) an antagonistic effect ..
- Interleukin-6/glycoprotein 130-dependent pathways are protective during liver regenerationTorsten Wuestefeld
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Endocrinology, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:11281-8. 2003..and its family members for liver regeneration after PH, we used conditional knockout mice for glycoprotein 130 (gp130), the common signal transducer of all IL6 family members...
- A 130-kDa plasma membrane glycoprotein involved in Dictyostelium phagocytosisC P Chia
School of Biological Sciences, University of Nebraska Lincoln 68588 0118, USA
Exp Cell Res 227:182-9. 1996..A 130-kDa glycoprotein (gp130) was associated with cytoskeletons of bacterially but not axenically grown cells, suggesting a cytoskeletal ..
- Ciliary neurotrophic factor/leukemia inhibitory factor/interleukin 6/oncostatin M family of cytokines induces tyrosine phosphorylation of a common set of proteins overlapping those induced by other cytokines and growth factorsT G Boulton
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Tarrytown, New York 10591
J Biol Chem 269:11648-55. 1994..that initiate signaling by inducing either homodimerization of the "beta" signal transducing receptor component gp130 (in the case of IL6) or heterodimerization between gp130 and the gp130-related LIFR beta (in the case of CNTF, LIF,..
- Glycopeptidome of a heavily N-glycosylated cell surface glycoprotein of Dictyostelium implicated in cell adhesionChrista L Feasley
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Oklahoma Center for Medical Glycobiology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
J Proteome Res 9:3495-510. 2010Genetic analysis has implicated the cell surface glycoprotein gp130 in cell interactions of the social amoeba Dictyostelium, and information about the utilization of the 18 N-glycosylation sequons present in gp130 is needed to identify ..
- Interleukin-6 and other gp130-dependent cytokines selectively inhibit proliferation of macrophage-lineage hemopoietic progenitor cellsR Clutterbuck
Academic Department of Haematology and Cytogenetics, Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom
Exp Hematol 28:1120-8. 2000..We have investigated the roles of interleukin-6 and other gp130-dependent ligands on the proliferation of macrophage-lineage hemopoietic progenitor cells.
- C/EBP-delta induction by gp130 signaling. Role in transition to myelin gene expressing phenotype in a melanoma cell line modelAnil K Kamaraju
Department of Molecular Genetics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehov Herzl, Rehovot 76100, Israel
J Biol Chem 279:3852-61. 2004..We previously observed that triggering of the gp130 receptor system by the IL6RIL6 ligand, comprising interleukin-6 (IL-6) fused to the soluble IL-6 receptor, induces ..
- Inhibition of interleukin-6-transsignaling via gp130-Fc in hemorrhagic shock and sepsisSoeren Torge Mees
Department of General Surgery, University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
J Surg Res 157:235-42. 2009..b>Gp130-Fc is able to bind the IL-6/sIL-6R complex, and beneficial effects of IL-6 blockade in chronic inflammatory ..
- Increased interleukin-6 receptor expression in the paraventricular nucleus of rats with heart failureBryan G Helwig
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, Coles Hall 228, Kansas State University, 1600 Denison Ave, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 292:R1165-73. 2007..IL-6, via binding to the IL-6 receptor (IL-6R)/glycoprotein 130 (gp130) complex influences cellular and physiological responses...
- gp130 and c-Kit signalings synergize for ex vivo expansion of human primitive hemopoietic progenitor cellsX Sui
Department of Clinical Oncology, University of Tokyo, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:2859-63. 1995b>gp130, a signal-transducing receptor component of interleukin 6 (IL-6), associates with an IL-6 and IL-6 receptor (IL-6) complex and transduces signals...
- Structure-function analysis of human IL-6 receptor: dissociation of amino acid residues required for IL-6-binding and for IL-6 signal transduction through gp130H Yawata
Division of Immunology, Osaka University, Japan
EMBO J 12:1705-12. 1993..binding of IL-6, IL-6R becomes associated extracellularly with a non-IL-6-binding but signal transducing molecule, gp130, and the IL-6 signal is generated...
- Autoimmune arthritis associated with mutated interleukin (IL)-6 receptor gp130 is driven by STAT3/IL-7-dependent homeostatic proliferation of CD4+ T cellsShin ichiro Sawa
Laboratory of Developmental Immunology, Graduate School of Frontier Bioscience and Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Exp Med 203:1459-70. 2006Mice homozygous for the F759 mutation in the gp130 interleukin (IL)-6 receptor subunit have enhanced gp130-mediated signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT)3 activation and spontaneously developed a lymphocyte-mediated ..
- Investigation of interleukin-6 (IL-6), soluble IL-6 receptor (sIL-6R) and soluble gp130 (sgp130) in sera of cancer patientsE Kovacs
Society for Cancer Research, Arlesheim, Switzerland
Biomed Pharmacother 55:391-6. 2001..Soluble IL-6 receptor as agonist enhances the biological effect of released IL-6. Soluble gp130 as antagonist inhibits the effect of the IL-6/sIL-6R complex...
- Characterization of the Interleukin (IL)-6 Inhibitor IL-6-RFP: fused receptor domains act as high affinity cytokine-binding proteinsSilke Metz
Institut fur Biochemie, Pauwelsstrasse 30, Universitätsklinikum RWTH Aachen, Germany
J Biol Chem 282:1238-48. 2007..developed a fusion protein consisting of the ligand binding domains of the IL-6 receptor subunits IL-6Ralpha and gp130 that acts as a highly potent IL-6 inhibitor...
- A form of circulating interleukin-6 receptor component soluble gp130 as a potential interleukin-6 inhibitor in inflammatory bowel diseaseK Mitsuyama
Second Department of Medicine, Kurume University School of Medicine, Fukuoka, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 143:125-31. 2006The presence and the role of soluble gp130, the soluble form of a component of the interleukin (IL)-6 receptor complex, were investigated in inflammatory bowel disease...
- TNF-alpha induces tyrosine phosphorylation and recruitment of the Src homology protein-tyrosine phosphatase 2 to the gp130 signal-transducing subunit of the IL-6 receptor complexJohannes G Bode
Klinik fur Gastroenterologie, Hepatologie und Infektiologie, Medizinische Klinik der Heinrich Heine Universität, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Immunol 171:257-66. 2003..tyrosine phosphatase Src homology protein tyrosine phosphatase 2 (SHP2) to the signal-transducing receptor subunit gp130 attenuates IL-6-mediated STAT-activation, we were interested in whether TNF-alpha also induces the association of ..
- In vivo modulation of soluble "antagonistic" IL-6 receptor synthesis and release in ESRDBruno Memoli
Department of Nephrology, University Federico II of Naples, Via Tasso 91 B, Napoli 80127, Italy
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:1099-107. 2005Soluble gp130 (sgp130) is a soluble circulating receptor of IL-6 with "antagonistic" biologic activity. It is generated independently by either shedding of the extracellular domain of membrane gp130 or alternative mRNA splicing...
- Cytostatic and cytocidal effects of mistletoe (Viscum album L.) quercus extract IscadorEva Kovacs
Verein für Krebsforschung, Institute Hiscia, Arlesheim, Switzerland
Arzneimittelforschung 56:467-73. 2006..All three multiple myeloma cell lines expressed surface IL-6R and gp130, the B cell lymphomas expressed only gp130...
- Thrombopoietin, but not cytokines binding to gp130 protein-coupled receptors, activates MAPKp42/44, AKT, and STAT proteins in normal human CD34+ cells, megakaryocytes, and plateletsMarcin Majka
Stem Cell Biology Program at James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Exp Hematol 30:751-60. 2002..IL-11, leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF), cilliary neurotropic factor (CNTF), and oncostatin (OSM), which bind to gp130 protein-coupled receptors...
- Leukaemia inhibitory factor receptor and gp130 in the human Fallopian tube and endometrium before and after mifepristone treatment and in the human preimplantation embryoK Wånggren
Department of Woman and Child Health, Division of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Mol Hum Reprod 13:391-7. 2007..tube, endometrium and preimplantation embryo and to study the effect of mifepristone on the expression of LIFR and gp130 in the Fallopian tube...
- Hematopoietic abnormalities in mice deficient in gp130-mediated STAT signalingBrendan J Jenkins
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Molecular Biology Laboratory, Victoria, Australia
Exp Hematol 30:1248-56. 2002Studies on mice lacking the common receptor subunit gp130 reveal that activation of gp130-dependent signaling pathways is essential for normal fetal and adult hematopoiesis...
- Studies on the interleukin-6-type cytokine signal transducer gp130 reveal a novel mechanism of receptor activation by monoclonal antibodiesG Muller-Newen
Institut fur Biochemie, Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
J Biol Chem 275:4579-86. 2000The transmembrane glycoprotein gp130 belongs to the family of hematopoietic cytokine receptors. It represents the common signal transducing receptor component of the so called interleukin-6-type cytokines...
- Pathologic consequences of STAT3 hyperactivation by IL-6 and IL-11 during hematopoiesis and lymphopoiesisBrendan J Jenkins
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Victoria, Australia
Blood 109:2380-8. 2007We have previously demonstrated that STAT3 hyperactivation via the interleukin 6 (IL-6) cytokine family receptor gp130 in gp130 (Y757F/Y757F) mice leads to numerous hematopoietic and lymphoid pathologies, including neutrophilia, ..
- Infarction-induced cytokines cause local depletion of tyrosine hydroxylase in cardiac sympathetic nervesDiana C Parrish
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Exp Physiol 95:304-14. 2010..Inflammatory cytokines that act through gp130 are elevated in the heart after myocardial infarction...
- Hepatocyte gp130 deficiency reduces vascular remodeling after carotid artery ligationGustavo Salguero
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Hypertension 54:1035-42. 2009..Here we investigated the role of the hepatocyte gp130-dependent systemic acute phase response on vascular remodeling after carotid artery ligation...
- Lack of interleukin-6/glycoprotein 130/signal transducers and activators of transcription-3 signaling in hepatocytes predisposes to liver steatosis and injury in miceDaniela C Kroy
Department of Medicine III, University Hospital Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Hepatology 51:463-73. 2010..IL-6)-type cytokines in hepatocytes we investigated the role of IL-6 and its shared receptor, glycoprotein 130 (gp130), in a mouse model of steatohepatitis...
- Interleukin-11 in endometrial adenocarcinoma is regulated by prostaglandin F2alpha-F-prostanoid receptor interaction via the calcium-calcineurin-nuclear factor of activated T cells pathway and negatively regulated by the regulator of calcineurin-1Kurt J Sales
Medical Research Council Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, United Kingdom
Am J Pathol 176:435-45. 2010..Coexpression of glycoprotein 130 (GP130) and IL-11 receptor alpha (IL-11Ralpha) is necessary for high-affinity binding of IL-11 to IL-11Ralpha...
- Cytokine-dependent gp130 receptor subunit regulates rat modified axial-pattern epigastric flapSadanori Akita
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan
J Invest Surg 15:137-51. 2002We investigated axial-pattern flap survival by modulating the cytokine receptor component, gp130, to elucidate the mechanism of the cytokine receptor modulation subsequently leading to the initiation of local angiogenesis and blood-flow ..
- An alternative pathway for STAT activation that is mediated by the direct interaction between JAK and STATY Fujitani
Department of Molecular Oncology, Biomedical Research Center, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Japan
Oncogene 14:751-61. 1997..In signaling from gp130, a common signal transducer for the IL-6 family cytokines, STAT3, a transcription factor that contains an SH2 ..
- Mimicry of erythropoietin and interleukin-6 signalling by an antibody/cytokine receptor chimera in murine myeloid 32D cellsMasahiro Kawahara
Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology, School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo, Hongo, Tokyo, Japan
J Biochem 141:563-71. 2007..and the phosphorylation status of intracellular signal transducers between the erythropoietin receptor (EpoR)- or gp130-based chimeric receptors and wild-type EpoR or EpoR-gp130 chimera, respectively...
- Characterization of the signaling capacities of the novel gp130-like cytokine receptorAlexandra Dreuw
Institut fur Biochemie, Universitätsklinikum der Rheinisch Westfälischen Technischen Hochschule Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
J Biol Chem 279:36112-20. 2004The gp130-like receptor (GPL) is a recently cloned member of the family of type I cytokine receptors. The name reflects its close relationship to gp130, the common receptor subunit of the interleukin (IL)-6-type cytokines...
- Structural biology of shared cytokine receptorsXinquan Wang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University School of Medicine, Departments of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, and Structural Biology, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Annu Rev Immunol 27:29-60. 2009..topology and ligand recognition mechanisms used by our three principal shared cytokine signaling receptors-gp130, gamma(c), and beta(c)...
- Structural snapshots of full-length Jak1, a transmembrane gp130/IL-6/IL-6Rα cytokine receptor complex, and the receptor-Jak1 holocomplexPatrick J Lupardus
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Structure 19:45-55. 2011The shared cytokine receptor gp130 signals as a homodimer or heterodimer through activation of Janus kinases (Jaks) associated with the receptor intracellular domains...
- Downregulation of cilia-localized Il-6R alpha by 17beta-estradiol in mouse and human fallopian tubesRuijin Shao
Dept of Physiology Endocrinology, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, The Sahlgrenska Academy at Univ of Gothenburg, Medicinareg 11, PO Box 434, Gothenburg 40530, Sweden
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 297:C140-51. 2009..we investigate the cellular localization, regulation, and possible function of two IL-6 receptors (IL-6R alpha and gp130) in mouse and human fallopian tubes in vivo...
- Determinants of secretion and intracellular localization of human herpesvirus 8 interleukin-6Daming Chen
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Oncology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1650 Orleans St, Rm 309, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Virol 83:6874-82. 2009..cellular IL-6 proteins in that it does not require the nonsignaling alpha-receptor subunit for the formation of gp130-based signal transducing complexes and also is largely retained intracellularly rather than being secreted...
- Porphyromonas gingivalis fimbriae-dependent interleukin-6 autocrine regulation by increase of gp130 in endothelial cellsY S Ho
Graduate Institute of Biomedical Technology, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Periodontal Res 44:550-6. 2009..Although interleukin-6 (IL-6) regulates progression of atherosclerosis, little is known about the relationship of P. gingivalis fimbriae-dependent invasion to IL-6 regulation in endothelial cells...
- Requirement of gp130 signaling for the AGM hematopoiesisMakiko Takizawa
Department of Cell Fate Modulation, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
Exp Hematol 31:283-9. 2003..b>gp130 is a signal transducing receptor component shared by all the IL-6 family cytokines, whose gene ablation in mouse ..
- Novel neurotrophin-1/B cell-stimulating factor-3 (cardiotrophin-like cytokine) stimulates corticotroph function via a signal transducer and activator of transcription-dependent mechanism negatively regulated by suppressor of cytokine signaling-3Christoph J Auernhammer
Department of Internal Medicine II, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munich 81366, Germany
Endocrinology 144:1202-10. 2003Novel neurotrophin-1/B cell-stimulating factor-3 (NNT-1/BSF-3) is a recently cloned gp130 cytokine, acting through the tripartite ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor (CNTFR) alpha/leukemia inhibitory factor receptor (LIFR)/gp130 ..
- STAT3 activation by cytokines utilizing gp130 and related transducers involves a secondary modification requiring an H7-sensitive kinaseT G Boulton
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Tarrytown, NY 10591, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:6915-9. 1995..6 are related cytokines that initiate signaling by homodimerizing the signal-transducing receptor component gp130 or by heterodimerizing gp130 with a gp130-related receptor component...
- Gp130 cytokines exert differential patterns of crosstalk in adipocytes both in vitro and in vivoUrsula A White
Department of Biological Sciences, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 19:903-10. 2011Glycoprotein 130 (Gp130) cytokines are involved in the regulation of numerous biological processes, including hematopoiesis, immune response, inflammation, cardiovascular action, and neuronal survival...
- The threshold of gp130-dependent STAT3 signaling is critical for normal regulation of hematopoiesisBrendan J Jenkins
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Colon Molecular and Cell Biology Laboratory, PO Box 2008, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria 3050, Australia
Blood 105:3512-20. 2005..homozygous for a knock-in mutation in the IL-6 cytokine family receptor signaling subunit glycoprotein (gp) 130 (gp130(Y757F/Y757F)) that leads to gp130-dependent signal transducers and activators of transcription (STAT) 1/3 ..
- Bile acids inhibit interleukin-6 signaling via gp130 receptor-dependent and -independent pathways in rat liverDirk Graf
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Infectiology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Hepatology 44:1206-17. 2006..This inhibition was accompanied by GCDC-mediated downregulation of glycoprotein (gp) 130 expression, whereas gp130 and suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 messenger RNA and gp80 protein levels remained unaffected...
- Cytokines decrease expression of interleukin-6 signal transducer and leptin receptor in central nervous system gliaJason J Rose
Department of Neurology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
J Neurosci Res 87:3098-106. 2009..However, expression of a closely related gene, the interleukin-6 signal transducer or gp130 (IL-6st), showed no changes at 6 hr...
- The dependence on gp130 cytokines of axotomy induced neuropeptide expression in adult sympathetic neuronsBeth A Habecker
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Oregon 97239 3098, USA
Dev Neurobiol 69:392-400. 2009..to a family of cytokines with overlapping physiological effects and multimeric receptors containing the subunit gp130. Real-time PCR revealed large increases in the SCG after axotomy in mRNA for three members of this cytokine family,..
- Localization of gp130 in the developing and adult mouse cerebellumB K Ha
Department of Neuroscience, The Ohio State University, 4068 Graves Hall, 333 W 10th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Chem Neuroanat 19:129-41. 2000..hematopoietic, and nervous system, which is believed to result from sharing of the signal transducing receptor gp130. IL-6 type cytokines and their binding receptors have been localized in the adult cerebellum...
- Leukemia inhibitory factor regulates prolactin secretion in prolactinoma and lactotroph cellsAnat Ben-Shlomo
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Cedars Sinai Research Institute, University of California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:858-63. 2003..Normal human pituitary tissue expressed LIF, as well as the LIF receptor (LIFR) signaling subunits, gp130 and LIFR...
- Ciliary neurotrophic factor prevents acute lipid-induced insulin resistance by attenuating ceramide accumulation and phosphorylation of c-Jun N-terminal kinase in peripheral tissuesMatthew J Watt
Cellular and Molecular Metabolism Laboratory, School of Medical Sciences, RMIT University, Bundoora, Victoria, Australia
Endocrinology 147:2077-85. 2006Ciliary neurotrophic factor (CNTF) is a member of the gp130 receptor cytokine family recently identified as an antiobesity agent in rodents and humans by mechanisms that remain unclear...
- SOCS3 negatively regulates LIF signaling in neural precursor cellsB Emery
Multiple Sclerosis Group, The Howard Florey Institute, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
Mol Cell Neurosci 31:739-47. 2006Cytokines that signal through the LIFRbeta/gp130 receptor complex, including LIF and CNTF, promote the self-renewal of embryonic and adult neural precursor cells (NPCs)...
- Oncostatin-M up-regulates VCAM-1 and synergizes with IL-4 in eotaxin expression: involvement of STAT6Dominik K Fritz
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Immunol 176:4352-60. 2006Oncostatin-M (OSM) is an IL-6/gp130 family member that can stimulate the eosinophil-selective CC chemokine eotaxin-1 in vitro and eosinophil accumulation in mouse lung in vivo...
- Oncostatin M acting via OSMR, augments the actions of IL-1 and TNF in synovial fibroblastsBenoit Le Goff
St Vincent s Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne, Australia INSERM UMR S957, Laboratoire Physiopathologie de la Resorption Osseuse, Nantes, France
Cytokine 68:101-9. 2014To identify how the gp130-signaling cytokine oncostatin M (OSM), acting alone or in concert with IL-1β or TNFα, affects synovial fibroblast expression of genes relevant to inflammation and bone erosion in inflammatory arthritis.
- Upd3--an ancestor of the four-helix bundle cytokinesMirja Oldefest
Biochemisches Institut der Christian Albrechts Universität Kiel, Olshausenstr 40, 24118 Kiel, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 436:66-72. 2013..This activation occurs via the type-I cytokine receptor domeless, an orthologue of gp130, the common signal transducer of all four-helix bundle interleukin-6 (IL-6) type cytokines...
- Tissue transglutaminase mediates the pro-malignant effects of oncostatin M receptor over-expression in cervical squamous cell carcinomaMaría M Caffarel
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, UK
J Pathol 231:168-79. 2013..We conclude that an OSMR/TGM2/integrin-α5β1/fibronectin pathway is of biological significance in cervical SCC and a candidate for therapeutic targeting...
- Complete overlap of interleukin-31 receptor A and oncostatin M receptor beta in the adult dorsal root ganglia with distinct developmental expression patternsT Bando
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Wakayama Medical University, 811 1 Kimiidera, Wakayama 641 8509, Japan
Neuroscience 142:1263-71. 2006Interleukin-31 receptor A (IL-31RA) is a newly identified type I cytokine receptor, that is related to gp130, the common receptor of the interleukin (IL) -6 family cytokines...
- Therapeutic inhibition of Jak activity inhibits progression of gastrointestinal tumors in miceEmma Stuart
Corresponding Author Matthias Ernst, The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, 1G Royal Parade, Parkville, VIC 3052, Australia
Mol Cancer Ther 13:468-74. 2014..malignancy implicate Stat3 as a key mediator of inflammatory-driven tumorigenesis, in which its cytokine/gp130/Janus kinase (Jak)-dependent activation provides a functional link through which the microenvironment sustains ..
- Response of plasma IL-6 and its soluble receptors during submaximal exercise to fatigue in sedentary middle-aged menS R Gray
Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK
Cell Stress Chaperones 13:247-51. 2008..05) by 2.7 +/- 3.9 ng ml(-1) (9.6%) and 37.7 +/- 55.6 ng ml(-1) (9.6%), respectively. The current study is the first investigation to demonstrate that alongside IL-6, acute exercise stress results in an increase in both sIL-6R and sgp130...
- Molecular screening and association analyses of the interleukin 6 receptor gene variants with type 2 diabetes, diabetic nephropathy, and insulin sensitivityHua Wang
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:1123-9. 2005..The IL-6 receptor (IL-6R) comprises two subunits, IL-6R and gp130, of which IL-6R confers specificity to IL-6 action and is located in a region of replicated linkage to T2DM on ..
- Association of OSMR gene polymorphisms with rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus patientsYuan Zhao Lin
Graduate Institute of Medicine, College of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Autoimmunity 47:23-6. 2014..The disease severity of rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus can be partially affected by the OSMR promoter polymorphisms...
- Gastric cancer development in mice lacking the SHP2 binding site on the IL-6 family co-receptor gp130Louise M Judd
Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Gastroenterology 126:196-207. 2004..We have developed a mouse model of gastric cancer that resembles human intestinal-type adenocarcinoma. The aim of this study was to determine the identity and temporal changes in mediators of IL-6 signaling regulating tumor development...
- Dendritic cell lineage commitment is instructed by distinct cytokine signalsKristin M Seré
Institute for Biomedical Engineering, Department of Cell Biology, RWTH Aachen University Medical School, Aachen, Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 91:515-23. 2012..Here, we studied how gp130, GM-CSF and TGF-β1 signaling influence DC lineage commitment from MPP to CDP and further into DC...
- Expression of leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF)/interleukin-6 family cytokines and receptors during in vitro osteogenesis: differential regulation by dexamethasone and LIFF Liu
INSERM U403, Hopital E Herriot, Lyon, France
Bone 31:212-9. 2002..chain reaction (RT-PCR) analysis showed that IL-11 and its receptor, CNTF and its receptor, LIFR, and gp130 were constitutively expressed throughout the culture period...
- Structure, sequence and function of a marsupial LIF gene: conservation of IL-6 family cytokinesS Cui
Department of Molecular Biosciences, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
Cytogenet Cell Genet 92:271-8. 2001..residues implicated in intracellular LIF activity, and in interaction with the receptor subunits LIFR and gp130. These findings suggest that the structure and biochemical function of the protein is likely to be conserved...
- STAT3-induced WNT5A signaling loop in embryonic stem cells, adult normal tissues, chronic persistent inflammation, rheumatoid arthritis and cancer (Review)Masuko Katoh
M and M Medical BioInformatics, Hongo 113 0033, Japan
Int J Mol Med 19:273-8. 2007..1, cardiotrophin-like cytokine factor 1, interleukin 6 (IL6), interleukin 11 and interleukin 27 activate the gp130-JAK-STAT3 signaling cascade...
- Immunophenotypic peculiarities of mobilized stem (CD34+) cells in blood from patients with severe spinal cord injuryN N Tupitsyn
State N N Blokhin Russian Cancer Research Center Affiliated to the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow, Russian Federation
J Biol Regul Homeost Agents 20:36-40. 2006..The CD34+ cells demonstrated different levels of expression of CD45, CD38, monomorphic determinants HLA-DR and gp130 epitopes...
- Physiological rationale for responsiveness of mouse embryonic stem cells to gp130 cytokinesJ Nichols
Centre for Genome Research, University of Edinburgh, King s Buildings, West Mains Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JQ, UK
Development 128:2333-9. 2001..Their derivation and propagation are dependent upon cytokine-stimulated activation of gp130 signal transduction...
- Activation of eosinophils by IL-12 family cytokine IL-27: Implications of the pleiotropic roles of IL-27 in allergic responsesShuiqing Hu
Department of Chemical Pathology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong
Immunobiology 216:54-65. 2011..Our present study revealed that eosinophils constitutively express functional IL-27 receptor heterodimer, gp130 and WSX-1...
- Inhibition of the JAK2/STAT3 pathway reduces gastric cancer growth in vitro and in vivoLouise M Judd
Infection and Immunity Division, Murdoch Children s Research Institute, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
PLoS ONE 9:e95993. 2014..gastric cancer, and that chronic IL-11-driven STAT3 transcriptional activity induces gastric tumourigenesis in the gp130(757FF) mouse model of gastric cancer development...
- Stat3 directly controls the expression of Tbx5, Nkx2.5, and GATA4 and is essential for cardiomyocyte differentiation of P19CL6 cellsMarylynn Snyder
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10065, USA
J Biol Chem 285:23639-46. 2010..In response to gp130 receptor activation, Stat3 becomes phosphorylated by the receptor-associated Janus kinase, forms dimers, and ..
- Continuous glycoprotein-130-mediated signal transducer and activator of transcription-3 activation promotes inflammation, left ventricular rupture, and adverse outcome in subacute myocardial infarctionDenise Hilfiker-Kleiner
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, Medical School Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Circulation 122:145-55. 2010..The common receptor of interleukin-6 cytokines, glycoprotein-130 (gp130), signals via janus kinase/signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT), cytoplasmic protein tyrosine ..
- Plasma bioavailable interleukin-6 is elevated in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients who experience herpesvirus-associated immune restoration disease after start of highly active antiretroviral therapyS F Stone
Department of Clinical Immunology and Biochemical Genetics, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Western Australia
J Infect Dis 184:1073-7. 2001..Total IL-6, soluble IL-6 receptor (sIL-6R), and soluble gp130 were measured by ELISA, and levels of free IL-6 and sIL-6/IL-6R complex were modeled mathematically...
- Regulation of IL-6 mediated inflammation and tissue destruction by EGCGSalah Uddin Ahmed; Fiscal Year: 2013..is a pleiotropic cytokine that transmits its signal via membrane- bound IL-6 receptor (IL-6R) and glycoprotein130 (gp130)...
- Characterizing Inflammation And Downstream Effects During Chronic Viral InfectionElina I Zuniga; Fiscal Year: 2012..IL6 shares the transducing co-receptor gp130 with IL6 family of cytokines of which four have been related to the immune system...
- IN VIVO REGULATION OF IL6 AND IL6R GENE EXPRESSIONCHARLES O BRIEN; Fiscal Year: 2002..Moreover, sex steroids inhibit the expression of IL-6 and its receptor signaling component, gp130, whereas both genes are up-regulated by PTH...
- Analysis of neuropoietic cytokines and their receptors in diabetic neuropathyLISA RENEE BANNER; Fiscal Year: 2012..Recent studies from our laboratory indicate that the receptor subunits LIFR and gp130 are dramatically upregulated very early following the development of diabetes...
- GP130 Signaling During Chronic Virus InfectionElina I Zuniga; Fiscal Year: 2013..Science 2011). IL6 shares the transducing co-receptor gp130 with the IL6 family of cytokines of which four have been related to the immune system...
- Inhibitory targeting of HHV-8 vIL-6-related interactions.John Nicholas; Fiscal Year: 2013..complex subunit 1 variant-2 (VKORC1v2), and also have recently determined that the IL-6 signal transducer, gp130, is essential for sustained growth of PEL cells...
- Characterization of ER-localized Activity of HHV-8 Interleukin-6EMILY MARIE COUSINS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recent studies have also indicated that the IL-6 signal transducer, gp130, is required for the growth and maintenance of PEL cells although the specific role of vIL-6 in this process has ..
- Interleukin-6 Expression and Function in Adipose CellsJianbei Deng; Fiscal Year: 2006..Using chimeric GM-CSF- gp130 receptor transfections, the signaling mechanisms involved to transduce IL-6 effects will be explored...
- ETHANOL AND IL6 SIGNAL TRANSDUCTIONBin Gao; Fiscal Year: 1999..transduction cascade, including the interaction of IL-6 with its receptor, the tyrosine phosphorylation of the gp130 protein and IL-6- induced activation of the JAK kinases...
- Structural biology of shared cytokine signaling receptorsKENAN CHRISTOPHER GARCIA; Fiscal Year: 2012..The two most widely used shared receptors are gp130, and the common gamma chain (3c), which engage their cytokine ligands through their extracellular regions, ..
- REGULATION OF IL-6 EXPRESSION IN ASTROCYTESETTY BENVENISTE; Fiscal Year: 2004..made the novel observation that Oncostatin M (OSM), a member of the IL-6 family of cytokines that also utilizes gp130 for signaling, is a potent activator of IL-6 in astrocytes...
- NMR approaches to STAT3 structural characterization and inhibitor designANDREW TAYANJANA NAMANJA; Fiscal Year: 2013..of STAT3 inhibitors, major efforts have focused on peptidomimetics based on the phosphopeptides derived from the gp130 subunit of the IL-6 receptor or phosphorylated STAT3, but no drug has reached the clinic yet...
- INHIBITION OF IL-6 AND STAT3 IN RHEUMATOID ARTHRITISLionel Ivashkiv; Fiscal Year: 1999..signaling upstream of Stat3 activation and is relatively specific for IL-6 and related cytokines that share the gp130 signaling subunit...
- Inflammatory factors, genes and stress induced pressure natriuresis in youthHaidong Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2007..is a multi- functional cytokine that acts through a receptor comprising two subunits, IL-6 receptor (IL-6R) and gp130 cytokine signal transducer (gp130), and releases C-reactive protein (CRP)...
- Transplantation: Graft Cell Promotion of RejectionDavid Perkins; Fiscal Year: 2004..Although IL-6 is produced within the graft, major increases in IL-6 receptor (both IL-6Ralpha and gp130) occur in the lymph node, but not within the graft...
- GLIAL REACTION TO ISCHEMIC BRAIN INJURYRichard P Kraig; Fiscal Year: 2010..cytokines (IL-1alpha, IL-1beta, TNF-alpha, IFN-gamma, IL-6, IL-10), their receptors (IL-1R1, TNFR1, IL-6Ralpha/gp130, IFNgammaR, IL-10R), and related downstream phosphoprotein (kinases (ERK1/2, P38MAPK, JNK) and transcription ..
- Structure, function and engineering of immune cytokine receptor signalingKENAN CHRISTOPHER GARCIA; Fiscal Year: 2013..Cytokine pleiotropy is a consequence of a small number of shared receptors, such as common gamma chain and gp130, engaging many different cytokines, which then activate overlapping intracellular signaling pathways through a ..
- Role of Stat3 in Breast Cancer TumorigenesisJacqueline F Bromberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our studies reveal a prominent role for IL-6 in driving Stat3 activation in breast cancer cell lines through the gp130/Jak pathway providing evidence for an IL-6/Stat3 autocrine/paracrine positive feedback loop in tumorigenesis...
- Regulation of sympathetic function by infarctionBeth A Habecker; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recent nerve injury studies revealed that inflammatory cytokines that act through the gp130 receptor are important for axon regeneration...
- Astrocyte regulation of CNS remyelinationGareth R John; Fiscal Year: 2012..Using a functional genomics-based approach, we have identified the gp130 cytokine interleukin-11 (IL-11) as an astrocyte-derived factor that has supportive effects on oligodendrocytes, ..
- THE ROLE OF IL-31 IN TH2 CYTOKINE-DRIVEN SYSTEMIC SCLEROSISSatish K Madala; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed research is significant, because completion of this study will increase our knowledge of the mechanisms causing SSc and will lead to better medical treatments, cure or prevention. ..
- "New Needle for Two-Needle Hemodialysis"ALFREDO R ZARATE; Fiscal Year: 2011..Pre and post HD plasma and intracellular IL-1 and IL-6, intracellular IL-6 soluble receptor, IL-6 gp130, superoxide and hydrogen peroxide and plasma Mandenyldealdehyde(MDA) and advanced oxidation protein products(AOPP) ..
- gp130 Cytokines, Diabetic Autonomic Neuropathy, and Nerve RegenerationRichard E Zigmond; Fiscal Year: 2013..lesion, we discovered that many of these responses depend on injury-induced inflammatory cytokines of the gp130 cytokine family...
- gp130 Cytokines, Diabetic Autonomic Neuropathy, and Nerve RegenerationRichard E Zigmond; Fiscal Year: 2012..after injury, we discovered that most of these responses depend on injury-induced inflammatory cytokines of the gp130 cytokine family...
- REGULATION OF CXC CHEMOKINE EXPRESSION BY H. PYLORIYoshio Yamaoka; Fiscal Year: 2013..the Src homology 2 domain of the Src homology 2 phosphatase (SHP-2) binding site on the IL-6 family co- receptor, gp130. In these mice, the signal transducer and activator of transcriptions (STATs) signaling is hyperactivated and SHP-..
- Leukemia Inhibitory Factor As a Mediator of Primate Ovulation &Oocyte MaturationJon D Hennebold; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, mRNAs encoding downstream signaling components responsible for LIF action (glycoprotein 130, or gp130;janus kinase 1, or JAK1;signal transducer and activator of transcription 3, or STAT3) were also highest in ..
- MAVS protein: A role of mitochondria in innate immunity and cardioprotectionKirk Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2013..proteins other than RIG-I and MDA-5 under I/R injury and 2) The effect of MAVS on NF-:B, IRF3, IRF7, gp130, Akt and MAPK signaling pathway under I/R injury will also be determined. 3...
- Role of the mAKAP Complex in Cardiac HypertrophyMICHAEL SETH KAPILOFF; Fiscal Year: 2013..Accordingly, the induction of neonatal myocyte hypertrophy in vitro by adrenergic and gp130 cytokine/leukemia inhibitory factor receptors is impaired by RNAi of mAKAPb expression...
- Perivascular niche for salivary gland cancer stem cells and resistance to therapyJACQUES EDUARDO NOR; Fiscal Year: 2013..Notably, the expression of IL-6 and its receptors (IL-6R, gp130) is significantly higher in human salivary gland tumors than in controls...
- Manipulation of STAT3 Signaling for Muscle Preservation in Cancer CachexiaTeresa A Zimmers; Fiscal Year: 2013..The studies proposed here will determine definitively the role of the IL-6/gp130/STAT3 signaling pathway in muscle growth regulation in mature myofibers, both in normal physiology and in cancer ..
- SOCS3 and optic nerve regenerationZhigang He; Fiscal Year: 2013..On the other side, our data suggested that axon regeneration after SOCS3 deletion depends on gp130 signaling...
- Factors Controlling Effector T Cell Maintenance in the Pathogenesis of ColitisCasey T Weaver; Fiscal Year: 2013..to the Th17 lineage is mediated via binding of IL-6 to membrane-bound IL-6Ra (mIL-6R), which associates with gp130 for signal transduction ("classical" IL-6 signaling), developing Th17 cells rapidly cleave mIL-6R from their ..
- Mobilizing Adult Neural Stem Cells and Disease ModelsPaul H Patterson; Fiscal Year: 2010..LIF stimulates OPC proliferation by direct signaling through its receptor in OPCs by conditionally deleting the gp130 component of the LIF receptor in OPCs...
- Macrophage Function in Kidney RepairLloyd G Cantley; Fiscal Year: 2012..Furthermore, we have found that tubular cells secrete/shed endogenous TLR ligands along with the gp130/Stat3 activator Lif to activate these signaling events...
- ROLE OF VIL-6 IN PRIMARY EFFUSION LYMPHOMASJohn Nicholas; Fiscal Year: 2004..4) to undertake in vitro vIL-6-receptor binding assays using wild-type and specifically altered forms of gp130 and IL-6R to characterize the nature of and requirements for vIL-6-gp130/IL-6R associations...
- STROMAL CYTOKINE SIGNALING AND BIOLOGICAL FUNCTIONSYu Chung Yang; Fiscal Year: 2001..be tested in this proposal: 1) Overexpression, antisense expression and mutations of SHP-2, JAKs/Stats, IRS and gp130 proteins will affect biological functions of IL-11; (2) Structural domain requirements for different signaling ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF MALT-INDUCED MUCOSAL IMMUNITY TO SIVJERRY MCGHEE; Fiscal Year: 1999..Specifically, we will: 1) Immunize rhesus macaques with nasal vaccine containing SIV gp130 and mutants of CT (mCTs) which lack toxicity by which retain adjuvanticity for the induction of optimal mucosal ..
- FUNCTIONS OF PTH/PTHRP RECEPTOR--PTHRP AND PTH IN VIVOHenry Kronenberg; Fiscal Year: 1999..Aim III will study the interactions between PTH/PTHrP receptor signaling and gp130 signaling in stimulating osteoblast lineage cells, which then activate osteoclastogenesis and osteoclast action...
- HIV AND SIV DNA VACCINES AND MUCOSAL IMMUNITYAnna Aldovini; Fiscal Year: 2007..2. To evaluate: a. whether the addition of a vaginal gp130 Env protein boosting immunization to the nasal or intramuscular (i.m...
- PATHWAY OF VENTRICULAR MORPHOGENESIS MEDICATED BY RXRAHenry Sucov; Fiscal Year: 2001..RXRalpha, the cell cycle regulator N-myc, the transcription factors TEF1 and WT1, the cell surface receptor GP130, the cell surface receptor kinase (betaARK1, and the cell adhesion molecules VCAM1 and alpha4 integrin...
- IMMUNIZATION AGAINST LENTIVIRAL GP120 USING SV40 VECTORSDavid Strayer; Fiscal Year: 2000..We will make a rSV40 with SIVmac239 gp130 (SVgpl30)...
- PROLACTIN INDUCED PHOSPHOPROTEIN SIGNAL TRANSDUCTIONHallgeir Rui; Fiscal Year: 2004..Jak1-Stat3 signaling pathway that is Jak2-independent, and appears to require the interleukin-6 signal transducer, gp130. We will use specialized molecular tools and technologies to test the following two central hypotheses: a) ..
- TROPHIC DETERMINANTS OF OLIGODENDROCYTE DEVELOPMENTANTHONY GARD; Fiscal Year: 1999..Hypothesizing that another gp130 transducer-activating cytokine is responsible, LIF homologues produced by astrocytes in addition to astrocyte- ..
- Signaling Mechanisms in Stem Cell PlasticityKEVIN BUNTING; Fiscal Year: 2003..to test for hematopoietic stem cell cardiac differentiation potential and will determine whether activation of the gp130/STAT3 signaling pathway promotes HSC contribution to cardiomyocyte regeneration...
- Oncostatin M and Leukemia Inhibitory Factor BiologyHeinz Baumann; Fiscal Year: 2004..to OSM receptor beta and LIF receptor alpha that are distinct from that of the common signal transducing subunit gp130. Since the precise mechanisms by which OSM- and LIF-specific responses are established are unknown, the goal of ..
- Cardiac SOCS Proteins: A Role in Enterovirus InfectionKirk Knowlton; Fiscal Year: 2007..We, therefore, propose the following specific aims: 1) Determine in CVB3 infected mice whether gp130, IFN-gamma signaling, or both are important for a) the induction of JAK-STAT-SOCS signaling in the heart and b) ..
- NEUREGULIN SIGNALING PATHWAY IN CARDIAC DEVELOPMENTKenneth Chien; Fiscal Year: 2001..The parent program focus on pathways, which extend signaling from the membrane to the nucleus, including gp130 and RXRalpha receptor signaling in cardiac remodeling during development of the hypertrophic response...
- STRUCTURAL STUDIES OF HIV ENVELOPE GLYCOPROTEINFREDERICK EISERLING; Fiscal Year: 1991..The structure of this protein (gp130) and its complexes with monoclonal antibodies will be studied by electron microscopy, x- ray diffraction and ..
- Control of lymphocyte trophic state by extrinsic signalsJeffrey Rathmell; Fiscal Year: 2005..To determine how extrinsic signals from multiple receptor/ligand families, such as TCR/MHC, gp130/IL-6, and gamma[c]/IL-7, and growth-promoting oncogenic signaling pathways, such as Akt and c-Myc, control ..
- Role of Cytokines in Naive CD4+ T cell ActivationJames Moon; Fiscal Year: 2007..redundantly in vivo by StatS signals activated by gamma common-dependent cytokines, and Stat5 signals activated by gp130-dependent cytokines...
- Transport of TNFalpha across the BBBWeihong Pan; Fiscal Year: 2008..These transporters could be novel drug targets and therefore provide promising therapeutic potential. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Transport of neurotrophic cytokines after spinal cord injuryWeihong Pan; Fiscal Year: 2007..Understanding the mechanisms of cytokine transport at this regulatory interface would help in the design of new approaches to treat SCI. ..
- PHARMACOLOGIC PROMOTION OF WOUND HEALINGBruce Cronstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies should provide new insights into the mechanism by which adenosine A2A receptor agonists, a novel therapy undergoing clinical trials for wound healing of diabetic foot ulcers, promote wound healing. ..
- Mechanisms of u-PAR-Mediated Lung Fibroblast MotilityMitchell Olman; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL CONTROL OF GASTRINJuanita Merchant; Fiscal Year: 2007..For type specifications, see instructions on page 6.) RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page 1 Description, ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF A NOVEL BIOARTIFICIAL LIVERJacek Rozga; Fiscal Year: 2002..S. lone to keep liver failure patients alive until an organ becomes available for transplantation or the native liver recovers from injury ($1.5-billion market). ..
- ETHANOL MEDIATED OSTEOPOROSIS AND INTERLEUKIN 6Evan Keller; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- MITOGENIC SIGNALING BY ENDOTHELIN PEPTIDESMichael Simonson; Fiscal Year: 2002..Finally, whether rho is in the Src pathway or not, will be examined by cotransfection with constitutively active v-Src/dominant negative RhoA and vice versa and evaluation of c-fos induction/ DNA synthesis. ..
- Pathogenesis and Treatment of Alcohol-Induced CirrhosisBruce Cronstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..Specific Aim: Investigate the intracellular mechanisms involved in signaling an increase in collagen production (cAMP pathway, MAPK pathway, CREB phosphorylation). ..
- PI and Wnt Signaling in Postmortem Brain of Biopolar and Schizophrenia SubjectsGhanshyam N Pandey; Fiscal Year: 2011..This may eventually lead to i better understanding of the pathophysiology of BP or SZ illnesses and may aid in the development of more appropriate therapeutic agents for the treatment of these disorders. ..
- Efficient and Selective Delivery of OligonucleotidesCharles Roth; Fiscal Year: 2006..W expect the long-term outcome to be a selective and efficient method for oligonucleotide delivery for therapeutic and functional genomics applications. ..
- Prostate Cancer Metastasis Suppressor: Role of RKIPEvan Keller; Fiscal Year: 2008..when completed, we hope this work will lead to a better understanding of the mechanisms through which RKIP suppresses metastasis and hopefully identify specific targets to inhibit metastasis. [unreadable] [unreadable]..