Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: gp130
Description: interleukin 6 signal transducer
Alias: CD130, CDW130, GP130, IL-6RB, CD130 antigen, IL-6 receptor subunit beta, IL-6R subunit beta, gp130 of the rheumatoid arthritis antigenic peptide-bearing soluble form, gp130, oncostatin M receptor, interleukin receptor beta chain, interleukin-6 receptor subunit beta, membrane glycoprotein 130, membrane glycoprotein gp130, oncostatin-M receptor subunit alpha
Publications186 found, 100 shown here
- The IL-6 family cytokines, interleukin-6, interleukin-11, oncostatin M, and leukemia inhibitory factor, enhance mast cell growth through fibroblast-dependent pathway in miceE Gyotoku
Department of Dermatology, Hiroshima University, Faculty of Medicine, Japan
Arch Dermatol Res 293:508-14. 2001..Among the proinflammatory mediators, leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF), which shares a receptor component (gp130 subunit) with interleukin-6 (IL-6), has been identified as a mast cell growth-enhancing factor produced by cells ..
- gp130 receptor ligands as potential therapeutic targets for obesityMark A Febbraio
Cellular and Molecular Metabolism Laboratory, Division of Diabetes and Metabolism, Baker Heart Research Institute, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Clin Invest 117:841-9. 2007..Recent research has focused on the role that gp130 receptor ligands may play as potential therapeutic targets in obesity...
- Sortilin facilitates signaling of ciliary neurotrophic factor and related helical type 1 cytokines targeting the gp130/leukemia inhibitory factor receptor beta heterodimerJakob Vejby Larsen
MIND Center, Department of Medical Biochemistry, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
Mol Cell Biol 30:4175-87. 2010..something which is not provided by CNTF receptor alpha, and the other is to facilitate CNTF signaling through the gp130/leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) receptor beta heterodimeric complex...
- Augmented expression of cardiotrophin-1 in failing human hearts is accompanied by diminished glycoprotein 130 receptor protein abundanceOliver Zolk
Institut fur Experimentelle und Klinische Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Circulation 106:1442-6. 2002..Although cardiac CT-1 gene expression is known to be upregulated in some animal models of congestive heart failure, the activation state of the CT-1 system in patients with congestive heart failure is unknown...
- Humanin inhibits neuronal cell death by interacting with a cytokine receptor complex or complexes involving CNTF receptor alpha/WSX-1/gp130Yuichi Hashimoto
Department of Pharmacology and Neuroscience, Tokyo Medical University, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8402, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 20:2864-73. 2009..In this study, a series of loss-of-function tests indicated that gp130, the common subunit of receptors belonging to the IL-6 receptor family, was essential for HN-induced ..
- Insulin-like growth factor-1- and interleukin-6-related gene variation and risk of multiple myelomaBrenda M Birmann
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:282-8. 2009..5, 95% CI, 1.1-6.0). Additional SNPs in genes encoding IGF-1, IGF binding protein-2, IRS2, and gp130 also showed suggestive associations with multiple myeloma risk...
- Cardiotrophin-1 stimulation of cardiac fibroblast growth: roles for glycoprotein 130/leukemia inhibitory factor receptor and the endothelin type A receptorToshihiro Tsuruda
Cardiorenal Research Laboratory, Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Circ Res 90:128-34. 2002..This study was designed to identify the presence and action of CT-1 and its receptor complex, glycoprotein130 (gp130) and leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) receptor, on cardiac fibroblast growth in cultured adult canine cardiac ..
- Structural requirements of the interleukin-6 signal transducer gp130 for its interaction with Janus kinase 1: the receptor is crucial for kinase activationClaude Haan
Department of Biochemistry, Rheinisch Westfalische Technische Hochschule, Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Biochem J 361:105-11. 2002We analysed the interaction of gp130, the common signal-transducing receptor chain of interleukin (IL)-6 type cytokines, with Jak1, the Janus family kinase which is crucial for signal transduction of this group of cytokines...
- Mutations in cytokine receptor-like factor 1 (CRLF1) account for both Crisponi and cold-induced sweating syndromesN Dagoneau
Department of Genetics and INSERM U781, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Am J Hum Genet 80:966-70. 2007..The identification of CRLF1 mutations in Crisponi syndrome supports the key role of the CNTFR pathway in the function of the autonomic nervous system...
- WSX-1 and glycoprotein 130 constitute a signal-transducing receptor for IL-27Stefan Pflanz
DNAX Research Institute, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Immunol 172:2225-31. 2004..In this study, we describe that WSX-1 together with gp130 constitutes a functional signal-transducing receptor for IL-27...
- Leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF), cardiotrophin-1, and oncostatin M share structural binding determinants in the immunoglobulin-like domain of LIF receptorHelene Plun-Favreau
INSERM U564, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire d Angers, 4 rue Larrey, 49033 Angers, France
J Biol Chem 278:27169-79. 2003..and oncostatin M (OSM) are four helix bundle cytokines acting through a common heterodimeric receptor composed of gp130 and LIF receptor (LIFR)...
- Soluble forms of the interleukin-6 signal-transducing receptor component gp130 in human serum possessing a potential to inhibit signals through membrane-anchored gp130M Narazaki
Division of Immunology, Osaka University, Japan
Blood 82:1120-6. 1993The interleukin-6 (IL-6) signal is transduced through membrane-anchored gp130, which is associated with IL-6 receptor (IL-6R) in the presence of IL-6...
- Soluble gp130 is up-regulated in the implantation window and shows altered secretion in patients with primary unexplained infertilityJ R A Sherwin
The Reproductive Molecular Research Group, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Cambridge, The Rosie Maternity Hospital, Cambridge, CB2 2SW, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:3953-60. 2002..The activity of these cytokines is modified by soluble receptors such as the IL-6 receptor (sIL-6R). gp130 is a signal transduction molecule common to the receptor complexes of this family, and its soluble form (sgp130) ..
- Novel role of Janus kinase 1 in the regulation of oncostatin M receptor surface expressionSimone Radtke
Institut fur Biochemie, Universitätsklinikum der Rheinisch Westfälischen Technischen Hochschule Aachen, Pauwelsstr 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:11297-305. 2002..Finally we demonstrate that in Jak1-deficient cells, the endogenous OSMR is significantly down-regulated, an effect that can be reversed by transient expression of Jak1 in these cells...
- A polymorphism at the IL6ST (gp130) locus is associated with traits of the metabolic syndromeLucia Gottardo
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:205-10. 2008The interleukin 6 signal transducer (IL6ST, also known as gp130) is a ubiquitously expressed intermediate of the interleukin-6 signaling pathway...
- Dissection of the signalling requirements of interleukin-6-stimulated myeloma cell growthJ D French
Department of Immunology, Mayo Graduate and Medical School, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Acta Oncol 39:777-81. 2000..Second. we are using a chimeric receptor approach to identify the regions of gp130, the signal transducing component of the IL-6 receptor, that are essential for myeloma cell proliferation...
- Effects of Viscum album extract therapy in patients with cancer: relation with interleukin-6, soluble interleukin-6 receptor, and soluble gp130Eva Kovacs
Society of Cancer Research, Arlesheim, Switzerland
J Altern Complement Med 10:241-6. 2004..VA) extract therapy on interleukin (IL)-12, IL-16, IL-6, soluble interleukin-6 receptor (sIL-6R), and soluble gp130 (sgp130) in patients with cancer...
- How does interleukin-6 affect the membrane expressions of interleukin-6 receptor and gp130 and the proliferation of the human myeloma cell line OPM-2?Eva Kovacs
Society of Cancer Research, Kirschweg 9, 4144 Arlesheim, Switzerland
Biomed Pharmacother 57:489-94. 2003..on the following parameters in the human myeloma cell line OPM-2: membrane expression of IL-6 receptor (IL-6R) and gp130, proliferation of the tumour cells and the amount of the soluble IL-6 receptor (sIL-6R) in the supernatant...
- The pro- and anti-inflammatory properties of the cytokine interleukin-6Jürgen Scheller
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology II, Medical Faculty, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1813:878-88. 2011..a membrane bound interleukin-6 receptor, which upon ligand binding associates with the signaling receptor protein gp130. Gp130 dimerizes, leading to the activation of Janus kinases and subsequent phosphorylation of tyrosine residues ..
- The interleukin-6/interleukin-6-receptor system is activated in donor heartsGabriele Plenz
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Muenster University, Muenster, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:1508-12. 2002..To assess the potential of the donor heart to respond to interleukin-6 (IL6), the present study investigated the expression of IL6 receptor components in the myocardium of donor hearts before transplantation...
- Spatiotemporal distribution of gp130 cytokines and their receptors after status epilepticus: comparison with neuronal degeneration and microglial activationD R Rosell
Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, Box 165, New York, NY 10021, USA
Neuroscience 122:329-48. 2003Although numerous studies have demonstrated the neurotrophic capacity of gp130 cytokines, it remains unclear whether endogenously expressed cytokines actually function in a direct neuromodulatory manner...
- Evidence for altered activity of the IL-6 pathway in chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polypsAnju T Peters
Division of Allergy Immunology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 125:397-403.e10. 2010..The IL-6 receptor and the membrane protein, glycoprotein 130 (gp130), form an active signaling complex that signals through signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3) ..
- Detection of direct binding of human herpesvirus 8-encoded interleukin-6 (vIL-6) to both gp130 and IL-6 receptor (IL-6R) and identification of amino acid residues of vIL-6 important for IL-6R-dependent and -independent signalingH Li
The Molecular Virology Laboratories, Department of Oncology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
J Virol 75:3325-34. 2001..Like these proteins, vIL-6 mediates its effects through the gp130 signal transducer, but signaling is not dependent on the structurally related IL-6 receptor (IL-6R; gp80) subunit ..
- Measurements of IL-6, soluble IL-6 receptor and soluble gp130 in sera of B-cell lymphoma patients. Does viscum album treatment affect these parameters?E Kovacs
Society of Cancer Research, Kirschweg, Arlesheim, Switzerland
Biomed Pharmacother 56:152-8. 2002..This cytokine binds to soluble IL-6 receptor (sIL-6R) circulating in blood, leading to signal transduction via gp130. Soluble IL-6R shows agonistic activity for IL-6, and the soluble form of gp130 (sgp130) an antagonistic effect ..
- Coadministration of interleukin-6 (IL-6) and soluble IL-6 receptor delays progression of wobbler mouse motor neuron diseaseK Ikeda
Fourth Department of Internal Medicine, Toho University Ohashi Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Brain Res 726:91-7. 1996..These molecules share the signal transducing receptor component, gp130. IL-6 triggers homodimerization of gp130, whereas CNTF and LIF induce heterodimerization of gp130 and LIF receptor...
- A 130-kDa plasma membrane glycoprotein involved in Dictyostelium phagocytosisC P Chia
School of Biological Sciences, University of Nebraska Lincoln 68588 0118, USA
Exp Cell Res 227:182-9. 1996..A 130-kDa glycoprotein (gp130) was associated with cytoskeletons of bacterially but not axenically grown cells, suggesting a cytoskeletal ..
- Ciliary neurotrophic factor/leukemia inhibitory factor/interleukin 6/oncostatin M family of cytokines induces tyrosine phosphorylation of a common set of proteins overlapping those induced by other cytokines and growth factorsT G Boulton
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Tarrytown, New York 10591
J Biol Chem 269:11648-55. 1994..that initiate signaling by inducing either homodimerization of the "beta" signal transducing receptor component gp130 (in the case of IL6) or heterodimerization between gp130 and the gp130-related LIFR beta (in the case of CNTF, LIF,..
- Interleukin-6/glycoprotein 130-dependent pathways are protective during liver regenerationTorsten Wuestefeld
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Endocrinology, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:11281-8. 2003..and its family members for liver regeneration after PH, we used conditional knockout mice for glycoprotein 130 (gp130), the common signal transducer of all IL6 family members...
- Glycopeptidome of a heavily N-glycosylated cell surface glycoprotein of Dictyostelium implicated in cell adhesionChrista L Feasley
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Oklahoma Center for Medical Glycobiology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
J Proteome Res 9:3495-510. 2010Genetic analysis has implicated the cell surface glycoprotein gp130 in cell interactions of the social amoeba Dictyostelium, and information about the utilization of the 18 N-glycosylation sequons present in gp130 is needed to identify ..
- C/EBP-delta induction by gp130 signaling. Role in transition to myelin gene expressing phenotype in a melanoma cell line modelAnil K Kamaraju
Department of Molecular Genetics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehov Herzl, Rehovot 76100, Israel
J Biol Chem 279:3852-61. 2004..We previously observed that triggering of the gp130 receptor system by the IL6RIL6 ligand, comprising interleukin-6 (IL-6) fused to the soluble IL-6 receptor, induces ..
- Interleukin-6 and other gp130-dependent cytokines selectively inhibit proliferation of macrophage-lineage hemopoietic progenitor cellsR Clutterbuck
Academic Department of Haematology and Cytogenetics, Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom
Exp Hematol 28:1120-8. 2000..We have investigated the roles of interleukin-6 and other gp130-dependent ligands on the proliferation of macrophage-lineage hemopoietic progenitor cells.
- Inhibition of interleukin-6-transsignaling via gp130-Fc in hemorrhagic shock and sepsisSoeren Torge Mees
Department of General Surgery, University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
J Surg Res 157:235-42. 2009..b>Gp130-Fc is able to bind the IL-6/sIL-6R complex, and beneficial effects of IL-6 blockade in chronic inflammatory ..
- Increased interleukin-6 receptor expression in the paraventricular nucleus of rats with heart failureBryan G Helwig
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, Coles Hall 228, Kansas State University, 1600 Denison Ave, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 292:R1165-73. 2007..IL-6, via binding to the IL-6 receptor (IL-6R)/glycoprotein 130 (gp130) complex influences cellular and physiological responses...
- gp130 and c-Kit signalings synergize for ex vivo expansion of human primitive hemopoietic progenitor cellsX Sui
Department of Clinical Oncology, University of Tokyo, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:2859-63. 1995b>gp130, a signal-transducing receptor component of interleukin 6 (IL-6), associates with an IL-6 and IL-6 receptor (IL-6) complex and transduces signals...
- Investigation of interleukin-6 (IL-6), soluble IL-6 receptor (sIL-6R) and soluble gp130 (sgp130) in sera of cancer patientsE Kovacs
Society for Cancer Research, Arlesheim, Switzerland
Biomed Pharmacother 55:391-6. 2001..Soluble IL-6 receptor as agonist enhances the biological effect of released IL-6. Soluble gp130 as antagonist inhibits the effect of the IL-6/sIL-6R complex...
- Structure-function analysis of human IL-6 receptor: dissociation of amino acid residues required for IL-6-binding and for IL-6 signal transduction through gp130H Yawata
Division of Immunology, Osaka University, Japan
EMBO J 12:1705-12. 1993..binding of IL-6, IL-6R becomes associated extracellularly with a non-IL-6-binding but signal transducing molecule, gp130, and the IL-6 signal is generated...
- Autoimmune arthritis associated with mutated interleukin (IL)-6 receptor gp130 is driven by STAT3/IL-7-dependent homeostatic proliferation of CD4+ T cellsShin ichiro Sawa
Laboratory of Developmental Immunology, Graduate School of Frontier Bioscience and Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Exp Med 203:1459-70. 2006Mice homozygous for the F759 mutation in the gp130 interleukin (IL)-6 receptor subunit have enhanced gp130-mediated signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT)3 activation and spontaneously developed a lymphocyte-mediated ..
- Characterization of the Interleukin (IL)-6 Inhibitor IL-6-RFP: fused receptor domains act as high affinity cytokine-binding proteinsSilke Metz
Institut fur Biochemie, Pauwelsstrasse 30, Universitätsklinikum RWTH Aachen, Germany
J Biol Chem 282:1238-48. 2007..developed a fusion protein consisting of the ligand binding domains of the IL-6 receptor subunits IL-6Ralpha and gp130 that acts as a highly potent IL-6 inhibitor...
- A form of circulating interleukin-6 receptor component soluble gp130 as a potential interleukin-6 inhibitor in inflammatory bowel diseaseK Mitsuyama
Second Department of Medicine, Kurume University School of Medicine, Fukuoka, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 143:125-31. 2006The presence and the role of soluble gp130, the soluble form of a component of the interleukin (IL)-6 receptor complex, were investigated in inflammatory bowel disease...
- TNF-alpha induces tyrosine phosphorylation and recruitment of the Src homology protein-tyrosine phosphatase 2 to the gp130 signal-transducing subunit of the IL-6 receptor complexJohannes G Bode
Klinik fur Gastroenterologie, Hepatologie und Infektiologie, Medizinische Klinik der Heinrich Heine Universität, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Immunol 171:257-66. 2003..tyrosine phosphatase Src homology protein tyrosine phosphatase 2 (SHP2) to the signal-transducing receptor subunit gp130 attenuates IL-6-mediated STAT-activation, we were interested in whether TNF-alpha also induces the association of ..
- In vivo modulation of soluble "antagonistic" IL-6 receptor synthesis and release in ESRDBruno Memoli
Department of Nephrology, University Federico II of Naples, Via Tasso 91 B, Napoli 80127, Italy
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:1099-107. 2005Soluble gp130 (sgp130) is a soluble circulating receptor of IL-6 with "antagonistic" biologic activity. It is generated independently by either shedding of the extracellular domain of membrane gp130 or alternative mRNA splicing...
- Thrombopoietin, but not cytokines binding to gp130 protein-coupled receptors, activates MAPKp42/44, AKT, and STAT proteins in normal human CD34+ cells, megakaryocytes, and plateletsMarcin Majka
Stem Cell Biology Program at James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Exp Hematol 30:751-60. 2002..IL-11, leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF), cilliary neurotropic factor (CNTF), and oncostatin (OSM), which bind to gp130 protein-coupled receptors...
- Cytostatic and cytocidal effects of mistletoe (Viscum album L.) quercus extract IscadorEva Kovacs
Verein für Krebsforschung, Institute Hiscia, Arlesheim, Switzerland
Arzneimittelforschung 56:467-73. 2006..All three multiple myeloma cell lines expressed surface IL-6R and gp130, the B cell lymphomas expressed only gp130...
- Hematopoietic abnormalities in mice deficient in gp130-mediated STAT signalingBrendan J Jenkins
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Molecular Biology Laboratory, Victoria, Australia
Exp Hematol 30:1248-56. 2002Studies on mice lacking the common receptor subunit gp130 reveal that activation of gp130-dependent signaling pathways is essential for normal fetal and adult hematopoiesis...
- Leukaemia inhibitory factor receptor and gp130 in the human Fallopian tube and endometrium before and after mifepristone treatment and in the human preimplantation embryoK Wånggren
Department of Woman and Child Health, Division of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Mol Hum Reprod 13:391-7. 2007..tube, endometrium and preimplantation embryo and to study the effect of mifepristone on the expression of LIFR and gp130 in the Fallopian tube...
- Studies on the interleukin-6-type cytokine signal transducer gp130 reveal a novel mechanism of receptor activation by monoclonal antibodiesG Muller-Newen
Institut fur Biochemie, Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
J Biol Chem 275:4579-86. 2000The transmembrane glycoprotein gp130 belongs to the family of hematopoietic cytokine receptors. It represents the common signal transducing receptor component of the so called interleukin-6-type cytokines...
- Complete overlap of interleukin-31 receptor A and oncostatin M receptor beta in the adult dorsal root ganglia with distinct developmental expression patternsT Bando
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Wakayama Medical University, 811 1 Kimiidera, Wakayama 641 8509, Japan
Neuroscience 142:1263-71. 2006Interleukin-31 receptor A (IL-31RA) is a newly identified type I cytokine receptor, that is related to gp130, the common receptor of the interleukin (IL) -6 family cytokines...
- Pathologic consequences of STAT3 hyperactivation by IL-6 and IL-11 during hematopoiesis and lymphopoiesisBrendan J Jenkins
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Victoria, Australia
Blood 109:2380-8. 2007We have previously demonstrated that STAT3 hyperactivation via the interleukin 6 (IL-6) cytokine family receptor gp130 in gp130 (Y757F/Y757F) mice leads to numerous hematopoietic and lymphoid pathologies, including neutrophilia, ..
- Infarction-induced cytokines cause local depletion of tyrosine hydroxylase in cardiac sympathetic nervesDiana C Parrish
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Exp Physiol 95:304-14. 2010..Inflammatory cytokines that act through gp130 are elevated in the heart after myocardial infarction...
- Hepatocyte gp130 deficiency reduces vascular remodeling after carotid artery ligationGustavo Salguero
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Hypertension 54:1035-42. 2009..Here we investigated the role of the hepatocyte gp130-dependent systemic acute phase response on vascular remodeling after carotid artery ligation...
- Cytokine-dependent gp130 receptor subunit regulates rat modified axial-pattern epigastric flapSadanori Akita
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan
J Invest Surg 15:137-51. 2002We investigated axial-pattern flap survival by modulating the cytokine receptor component, gp130, to elucidate the mechanism of the cytokine receptor modulation subsequently leading to the initiation of local angiogenesis and blood-flow ..
- Interleukin-11 in endometrial adenocarcinoma is regulated by prostaglandin F2alpha-F-prostanoid receptor interaction via the calcium-calcineurin-nuclear factor of activated T cells pathway and negatively regulated by the regulator of calcineurin-1Kurt J Sales
Medical Research Council Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, United Kingdom
Am J Pathol 176:435-45. 2010..Coexpression of glycoprotein 130 (GP130) and IL-11 receptor alpha (IL-11Ralpha) is necessary for high-affinity binding of IL-11 to IL-11Ralpha...
- Lack of interleukin-6/glycoprotein 130/signal transducers and activators of transcription-3 signaling in hepatocytes predisposes to liver steatosis and injury in miceDaniela C Kroy
Department of Medicine III, University Hospital Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Hepatology 51:463-73. 2010..IL-6)-type cytokines in hepatocytes we investigated the role of IL-6 and its shared receptor, glycoprotein 130 (gp130), in a mouse model of steatohepatitis...
- Mimicry of erythropoietin and interleukin-6 signalling by an antibody/cytokine receptor chimera in murine myeloid 32D cellsMasahiro Kawahara
Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology, School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo, Hongo, Tokyo, Japan
J Biochem 141:563-71. 2007..and the phosphorylation status of intracellular signal transducers between the erythropoietin receptor (EpoR)- or gp130-based chimeric receptors and wild-type EpoR or EpoR-gp130 chimera, respectively...
- An alternative pathway for STAT activation that is mediated by the direct interaction between JAK and STATY Fujitani
Department of Molecular Oncology, Biomedical Research Center, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Japan
Oncogene 14:751-61. 1997..In signaling from gp130, a common signal transducer for the IL-6 family cytokines, STAT3, a transcription factor that contains an SH2 ..
- Characterization of the signaling capacities of the novel gp130-like cytokine receptorAlexandra Dreuw
Institut fur Biochemie, Universitätsklinikum der Rheinisch Westfälischen Technischen Hochschule Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
J Biol Chem 279:36112-20. 2004The gp130-like receptor (GPL) is a recently cloned member of the family of type I cytokine receptors. The name reflects its close relationship to gp130, the common receptor subunit of the interleukin (IL)-6-type cytokines...
- Structural snapshots of full-length Jak1, a transmembrane gp130/IL-6/IL-6Rα cytokine receptor complex, and the receptor-Jak1 holocomplexPatrick J Lupardus
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Structure 19:45-55. 2011The shared cytokine receptor gp130 signals as a homodimer or heterodimer through activation of Janus kinases (Jaks) associated with the receptor intracellular domains...
- Structural biology of shared cytokine receptorsXinquan Wang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University School of Medicine, Departments of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, and Structural Biology, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Annu Rev Immunol 27:29-60. 2009..topology and ligand recognition mechanisms used by our three principal shared cytokine signaling receptors-gp130, gamma(c), and beta(c)...
- Downregulation of cilia-localized Il-6R alpha by 17beta-estradiol in mouse and human fallopian tubesRuijin Shao
Dept of Physiology Endocrinology, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, The Sahlgrenska Academy at Univ of Gothenburg, Medicinareg 11, PO Box 434, Gothenburg 40530, Sweden
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 297:C140-51. 2009..we investigate the cellular localization, regulation, and possible function of two IL-6 receptors (IL-6R alpha and gp130) in mouse and human fallopian tubes in vivo...
- Determinants of secretion and intracellular localization of human herpesvirus 8 interleukin-6Daming Chen
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Oncology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1650 Orleans St, Rm 309, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Virol 83:6874-82. 2009..cellular IL-6 proteins in that it does not require the nonsignaling alpha-receptor subunit for the formation of gp130-based signal transducing complexes and also is largely retained intracellularly rather than being secreted...
- Novel neurotrophin-1/B cell-stimulating factor-3 (cardiotrophin-like cytokine) stimulates corticotroph function via a signal transducer and activator of transcription-dependent mechanism negatively regulated by suppressor of cytokine signaling-3Christoph J Auernhammer
Department of Internal Medicine II, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munich 81366, Germany
Endocrinology 144:1202-10. 2003Novel neurotrophin-1/B cell-stimulating factor-3 (NNT-1/BSF-3) is a recently cloned gp130 cytokine, acting through the tripartite ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor (CNTFR) alpha/leukemia inhibitory factor receptor (LIFR)/gp130 ..
- Requirement of gp130 signaling for the AGM hematopoiesisMakiko Takizawa
Department of Cell Fate Modulation, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
Exp Hematol 31:283-9. 2003..b>gp130 is a signal transducing receptor component shared by all the IL-6 family cytokines, whose gene ablation in mouse ..
- The threshold of gp130-dependent STAT3 signaling is critical for normal regulation of hematopoiesisBrendan J Jenkins
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Colon Molecular and Cell Biology Laboratory, PO Box 2008, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria 3050, Australia
Blood 105:3512-20. 2005..homozygous for a knock-in mutation in the IL-6 cytokine family receptor signaling subunit glycoprotein (gp) 130 (gp130(Y757F/Y757F)) that leads to gp130-dependent signal transducers and activators of transcription (STAT) 1/3 ..
- Gp130 cytokines exert differential patterns of crosstalk in adipocytes both in vitro and in vivoUrsula A White
Department of Biological Sciences, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 19:903-10. 2011Glycoprotein 130 (Gp130) cytokines are involved in the regulation of numerous biological processes, including hematopoiesis, immune response, inflammation, cardiovascular action, and neuronal survival...
- Porphyromonas gingivalis fimbriae-dependent interleukin-6 autocrine regulation by increase of gp130 in endothelial cellsY S Ho
Graduate Institute of Biomedical Technology, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Periodontal Res 44:550-6. 2009..Although interleukin-6 (IL-6) regulates progression of atherosclerosis, little is known about the relationship of P. gingivalis fimbriae-dependent invasion to IL-6 regulation in endothelial cells...
- STAT3 activation by cytokines utilizing gp130 and related transducers involves a secondary modification requiring an H7-sensitive kinaseT G Boulton
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Tarrytown, NY 10591, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:6915-9. 1995..6 are related cytokines that initiate signaling by homodimerizing the signal-transducing receptor component gp130 or by heterodimerizing gp130 with a gp130-related receptor component...
- Bile acids inhibit interleukin-6 signaling via gp130 receptor-dependent and -independent pathways in rat liverDirk Graf
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Infectiology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Hepatology 44:1206-17. 2006..This inhibition was accompanied by GCDC-mediated downregulation of glycoprotein (gp) 130 expression, whereas gp130 and suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 messenger RNA and gp80 protein levels remained unaffected...
- The dependence on gp130 cytokines of axotomy induced neuropeptide expression in adult sympathetic neuronsBeth A Habecker
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Oregon 97239 3098, USA
Dev Neurobiol 69:392-400. 2009..to a family of cytokines with overlapping physiological effects and multimeric receptors containing the subunit gp130. Real-time PCR revealed large increases in the SCG after axotomy in mRNA for three members of this cytokine family,..
- Localization of gp130 in the developing and adult mouse cerebellumB K Ha
Department of Neuroscience, The Ohio State University, 4068 Graves Hall, 333 W 10th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Chem Neuroanat 19:129-41. 2000..hematopoietic, and nervous system, which is believed to result from sharing of the signal transducing receptor gp130. IL-6 type cytokines and their binding receptors have been localized in the adult cerebellum...
- Cytokines decrease expression of interleukin-6 signal transducer and leptin receptor in central nervous system gliaJason J Rose
Department of Neurology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
J Neurosci Res 87:3098-106. 2009..However, expression of a closely related gene, the interleukin-6 signal transducer or gp130 (IL-6st), showed no changes at 6 hr...
- Leukemia inhibitory factor regulates prolactin secretion in prolactinoma and lactotroph cellsAnat Ben-Shlomo
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Cedars Sinai Research Institute, University of California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:858-63. 2003..Normal human pituitary tissue expressed LIF, as well as the LIF receptor (LIFR) signaling subunits, gp130 and LIFR...
- The role of glycoprotein 130 family of cytokines in fetal rat lung developmentCristina Nogueira-Silva
Life and Health Sciences Research Institute, School of Health Sciences, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal
PLoS ONE 8:e67607. 2013The glycoprotein 130 (gp130) dependent family of cytokines comprises interleukin-6 (IL-6), IL-11, leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF), cardiotrophin-like cytokine (CLC), ciliary neurotrophic factor (CNTF), cardiotrophin-1 (CT-1) and ..
- An interleukin-6 receptor-dependent molecular switch mediates signal transduction of the IL-27 cytokine subunit p28 (IL-30) via a gp130 protein receptor homodimerChristoph Garbers
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology II, Medical Faculty, Heinrich Heine University, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
J Biol Chem 288:4346-54. 2013..act via the non-signaling membrane-bound IL-6 α-receptor (IL-6R) as an agonistic cytokine but also as a gp130 β-receptor antagonist, leading to inhibition of IL-6 signaling...
- Desensitization of signaling by oncostatin M in human vascular cells involves cytoplasmic Tyr residue 759 in gp130 but is not mediated by either Src homology 2 domain-containing tyrosine phosphatase 2 or suppressor of cytokine signaling 3Keyvan Mahboubi
Interdepartmental Program in Vascular Biology and Transplantation, Boyer Center for Molecular Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
J Biol Chem 278:25014-23. 2003Oncostatin M (OnM) signals through cell surface receptors, which utilize the gp130 subunit...
- Differential expression of CD126 and CD130 mediates different STAT-3 phosphorylation in CD4+CD25- and CD25high regulatory T cellsHans Heinrich Oberg
Institute of Immunology, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein Campus Kiel, Michaelisstrasse 5, D 24105 Kiel, Germany
Int Immunol 18:555-63. 2006..the soluble IL-6R (CD126)-IL-6 complex can directly activate cells that express the signal-transducing gp130 (CD130) molecule, which mediates two distinct signals, mitogenesis by mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) activation ..
- Characteristic localization of gp130 (the signal-transducing receptor component used in common for IL-6/IL-11/CNTF/LIF/OSM) in the rat brainD Watanabe
Department of Neuroanatomy, Osaka University Medical School, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 8:1630-40. 1996The localization of gp130, the signal transducing receptor component used in common for interleukin (IL)-6, IL-11, ciliary neurotrophic factor (CNTF), LIF and OSM, in the rat brain was demonstrated by immunohistochemistry using an ..
- Expression of leukemia inhibitory factor receptor and gp130 in mouse uterus during early pregnancyHua Ni
College of Life Sciences, Northeast Agricultural University, Harbin, China
Mol Reprod Dev 63:143-50. 2002..The aim of this study was to assess the expression and regulation of LIF receptor (LIFR) and gp130 mRNA in mouse uterus during early pregnancy using in situ hybridization and reverse transcription-polymerase chain ..
- In the presence of bone marrow stromal cells human multiple myeloma cells become independent of the IL-6/gp130/STAT3 pathwayManik Chatterjee
Department of Hematology, Oncology, and Tumorimmunology, Robert Rössle Cancer Center at the Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine, Charite, Humboldt University Berlin, Campus Berlin Buch, Linderberger Weg 80, D 13122 Berlin, Germany
Blood 100:3311-8. 2002The interleukin 6/glycoprotein 130/signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (IL-6/gp130/STAT3) pathway has been reported to play an important role in the pathogenesis of multiple myeloma (MM) and for survival of MM cells...
- A fusion protein of the gp130 and interleukin-6Ralpha ligand-binding domains acts as a potent interleukin-6 inhibitorCecile Ancey
Institut fur Biochemie, Universitätsklinikum Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52057 Aachen, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:16968-72. 2003..of two different subunits, an alpha-subunit (IL-6Ralpha) that binds IL-6 with low affinity and a beta-subunit (gp130) that binds the IL-6.IL-6Ralpha complex with high affinity and as a result triggers intracellular signaling...
- Lack of glycoprotein 130/signal transducer and activator of transcription 3-mediated signaling in hepatocytes enhances chronic liver injury and fibrosis progression in a model of sclerosing cholangitisWerner Plum
Department of Medicine III, University Hospital Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Am J Pathol 176:2236-46. 2010..The role of the interleukin-6/glycoprotein 130 (gp130) system in this context is still undefined...
- Expression and function of leukaemia inhibitory factor and its receptor in normal and regenerating rat pancreasS De Breuck
Cell Differentiation Unit, Vrije Universiteit Brussel Free University of Brussels, Laarbeeklaan 103, B 1090, Brussels, Belgium
Diabetologia 49:108-16. 2006..The aim of this study was to examine the expression and function of LIF in the pancreas...
- IL-6/IL-6 receptor system and its role in physiological and pathological conditionsMasahiko Mihara
Fuji Gotemba Research Laboratories, Product Research Department, Chugai Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Gotemba, Japan
Clin Sci (Lond) 122:143-59. 2012..IL-6 exerts its biological activities through two molecules: IL-6R (IL-6 receptor) and gp130. When IL-6 binds to mIL-6R (membrane-bound form of IL-6R), homodimerization of gp130 is induced and a high-..
- A unique loop structure in oncostatin M determines binding affinity toward oncostatin M receptor and leukemia inhibitory factor receptorSrinivas Chollangi
Department of Bioengineering, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma 73019, USA
J Biol Chem 287:32848-59. 2012..based on structural similarities and their ability to activate the transmembrane receptor glycoprotein 130 (gp130)...
- Point mutation of tyrosine 759 of the IL-6 family cytokine receptor, gp130, augments collagen-induced arthritis in DBA/1J miceFumio Tsuji
Research and Development Center, Santen Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Ikoma shi, Nara, Japan
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 10:23. 2009Knock-in mice (gp130F759) with a Y759F point mutation in gp130, a signal transducing receptor subunit shared by members of the IL-6 cytokine family, show sustained activation of STAT3, enhanced acute-phase or immune responses, and ..
- gp130, the cytokine common signal-transducer of interleukin-6 cytokine family, is downregulated in T cells in vivo by interleukin-6X J Wang
Department of Molecular Immunology, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Blood 91:3308-14. 1998b>gp130 is a common signal-transducing receptor component for the interleukin-6 (IL-6) family of cytokines...
- [Lipopolysaccharide-mediated regulation of interleukin-6 in cultured human detrusor smooth muscle cells]J Neuhaus
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Urologie, Universitatsklinikum Leipzig AoR, Liebigstrasse 20, 04103 Leipzig
Urologe A 46:1193-7. 2007..The aim of the study is to define IL-6 target gene regulation in cultivated human detrusor smooth muscle cells...
- Survival pathways in hypertrophy and heart failure: the gp130-STAT3 axisP Fischer
Dept of Cardiology and Angiology, Medical School Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Basic Res Cardiol 102:279-97. 2007..b>Gp130 receptor mediated signaling promotes cardiomyocyte survival, induces hypertrophy, modulates cardiac extracellular ..
- Differential stimulation-induced receptor localization in lipid rafts for interleukin-6 family cytokines signaling through the gp130/leukemia inhibitory factor receptor complexMartha D Port
Department of Pharmacology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 7750, USA
J Neurochem 101:782-93. 2007..CNTF) are cytokines which signal through receptor complexes that include the receptor subunits glycoprotein 130 (gp130) and the LIF receptor (LIFR), but CNTF also requires the non-signal transducing CNTF receptor (CNTFR) for binding...
- The ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor alpha component induces the secretion of and is required for functional responses to cardiotrophin-like cytokineH Plun-Favreau
INSERM EMI 9928, CHU d Angers, 4 rue Larrey, 49033 Angers Cedex, France
EMBO J 20:1692-703. 2001..responses are mediated through a tripartite membrane receptor composed of two signalling receptor chains, gp130 and the leukaemia inhibitory factor receptor (LIFR), associated with a non-signalling CNTF binding receptor alpha ..
- Interleukine-6 (IL-6) synthesis and gp130 expression by human pericardiumE Menet
Laboratoire d Anatomie de Cytologie Pathologiques, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Poitiers, France
Eur Cytokine Netw 12:639-46. 2001..In situ hybridisation and immunohistochemical analysis showed that IL-6 and gp130 were mainly present in mesothelial cells...
- Regulation of suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 (SOCS3) mRNA stability by TNF-alpha involves activation of the MKK6/p38MAPK/MK2 cascadeChristian Ehlting
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectiology, Heinrich Heine University, Moorenstrasse 5, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Immunol 178:2813-26. 2007The potential of some proinflammatory mediators to inhibit gp130-dependent STAT3 activation by enhancing suppressor of cytokine signaling (SOCS) 3 expression represents an important molecular mechanism admitting the modulation of the ..
- Activation of Akt through gp130 receptor signaling is required for Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus-induced lymphatic reprogramming of endothelial cellsValerie A Morris
Molecular and Cellular Biology Program, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 7242, USA
J Virol 82:8771-9. 2008..infection activates many cell signaling pathways in endothelial cells and persistently activates STAT3 through the gp130 receptor, the common receptor of the interleukin 6 family of cytokines...
- [Regulation of c-myc expression in leukemic cell line Meg-01 by the death domain of Fas gene]H Liu
Histology and Embryology Department, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, China
Zhonghua Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 22:9-12. 2001..To investigate the mechanism of disordered proliferation of leukemic cells and the proliferation inhibition by the Fas death domain (FASDD) in human leukemia cell line Meg-01...
- Soluble interleukin-6 receptor enhanced by oncostatin M induces major changes in gene expression profile of human hepatoma cellsMarianna Csilla Holub
Department of Genetics, Cell and Immunobiology, Semmelweis University of Medicine, Budapest, Hungary
Immunol Lett 82:79-84. 2002Interleukin-6 (IL-6) binds to a receptor complex consisting of an 80 kDa binding unit (IL-6R) and gp130 responsible for signal transduction...
- Signaling through a novel domain of gp130 mediates cell proliferation and activation of Hck and Erk kinasesM Schaeffer
Medizinische Klinik III, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, and Klinische Kooperationsgruppe Gentherapie, National Research Center for Health and Environment GSF, D 81377 Munich, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 21:8068-81. 2001..IL-6) induces the activation of the Src family kinase Hck, which is associated with the IL-6 receptor beta-chain, gp130. Here we describe the identification of an "acidic" domain comprising amino acids 771 to 811 of gp130 as a binding ..
- Joint disease caused by defective gp130-mediated STAT signalingTetsuji Naka
Department of Molecular Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Arthritis Res 4:154-6. 2002..IL-6 signaling is mediated exclusively by the common signal-transducing component gp130, which is also essential for signal transduction of other cytokines of the leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF)/IL-6 ..
- CNTF/LIF/gp130 receptor complex signaling maintains a VZ precursor differentiation gradient in the developing ventral forebrainChristopher Gregg
Genes and Development Research Group, Hotchkiss Brain Institute, University of Calgary Faculty of Medicine, 3330 Hospital Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1, Canada
Development 132:565-78. 2005..In the present study, we asked whether ciliary neurotrophic factor (CNTF)/leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF)/gp130 signaling plays a role in the development of the germinal layers in the lateral ganglionic eminence...
- Association of pretransplant soluble glycoprotein 130 (sgp130) plasma levels and posttransplant acute tubular necrosis in renal transplant recipientsMahmoud Sadeghi
Department of Transplantation Immunology, University of Heidelberg, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Transplantation 88:266-71. 2009..Previously, we reported that high pretransplant sIL-6R plasma levels are associated with posttransplant acute tubular necrosis (ATN). In this study, we examined associations of pretransplant plasma levels of sgp130 with ATN...
- Molecular cloning and expression of an IL-6 signal transducer, gp130M Hibi
Division of Immunology, Osaka University, Japan
Cell 63:1149-57. 1990Interleukin-6 (IL-6) signal is transduced through a membrane glycoprotein, gp130, which associates with IL-6 receptor (IL-6-R)...
- Reconstitution of the functional mouse oncostatin M (OSM) receptor: molecular cloning of the mouse OSM receptor beta subunitM Tanaka
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Blood 93:804-15. 1999Oncostatin M (OSM) is a member of the interleukin-6 (IL-6) family of cytokines that share the gp130 receptor subunit...
- Raised expression of cytokine receptor gp130 subunit on peripheral lymphocytes of patients with active lupus. A useful tool for monitoring the disease activity?M de la Torre
Nephrology Service, Hospital San Agustin, Aviles, Spain
Lupus 18:216-22. 2009The glycoprotein gp130 is a signal traducing subunit with a membrane domain of the IL-6 receptor...
- IN VIVO REGULATION OF IL6 AND IL6R GENE EXPRESSIONCHARLES O BRIEN; Fiscal Year: 2002..Moreover, sex steroids inhibit the expression of IL-6 and its receptor signaling component, gp130, whereas both genes are up-regulated by PTH...
- Interleukin-6 Expression and Function in Adipose CellsJianbei Deng; Fiscal Year: 2006..Using chimeric GM-CSF- gp130 receptor transfections, the signaling mechanisms involved to transduce IL-6 effects will be explored...
- ETHANOL AND IL6 SIGNAL TRANSDUCTIONBin Gao; Fiscal Year: 1999..transduction cascade, including the interaction of IL-6 with its receptor, the tyrosine phosphorylation of the gp130 protein and IL-6- induced activation of the JAK kinases...
- REGULATION OF IL-6 EXPRESSION IN ASTROCYTESETTY BENVENISTE; Fiscal Year: 2004..made the novel observation that Oncostatin M (OSM), a member of the IL-6 family of cytokines that also utilizes gp130 for signaling, is a potent activator of IL-6 in astrocytes...
- INHIBITION OF IL-6 AND STAT3 IN RHEUMATOID ARTHRITISLionel Ivashkiv; Fiscal Year: 1999..signaling upstream of Stat3 activation and is relatively specific for IL-6 and related cytokines that share the gp130 signaling subunit...
- Inflammatory factors, genes and stress induced pressure natriuresis in youthHaidong Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2007..is a multi- functional cytokine that acts through a receptor comprising two subunits, IL-6 receptor (IL-6R) and gp130 cytokine signal transducer (gp130), and releases C-reactive protein (CRP)...
- Transplantation: Graft Cell Promotion of RejectionDavid Perkins; Fiscal Year: 2004..Although IL-6 is produced within the graft, major increases in IL-6 receptor (both IL-6Ralpha and gp130) occur in the lymph node, but not within the graft...
- Role of Stat3 in Breast Cancer TumorigenesisJacqueline F Bromberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our studies reveal a prominent role for IL-6 in driving Stat3 activation in breast cancer cell lines through the gp130/Jak pathway providing evidence for an IL-6/Stat3 autocrine/paracrine positive feedback loop in tumorigenesis...
- GLIAL REACTION TO ISCHEMIC BRAIN INJURYRichard P Kraig; Fiscal Year: 2010..cytokines (IL-1alpha, IL-1beta, TNF-alpha, IFN-gamma, IL-6, IL-10), their receptors (IL-1R1, TNFR1, IL-6Ralpha/gp130, IFNgammaR, IL-10R), and related downstream phosphoprotein (kinases (ERK1/2, P38MAPK, JNK) and transcription ..
- ROLE OF VIL-6 IN PRIMARY EFFUSION LYMPHOMASJohn Nicholas; Fiscal Year: 2004..4) to undertake in vitro vIL-6-receptor binding assays using wild-type and specifically altered forms of gp130 and IL-6R to characterize the nature of and requirements for vIL-6-gp130/IL-6R associations...
- STROMAL CYTOKINE SIGNALING AND BIOLOGICAL FUNCTIONSYu Chung Yang; Fiscal Year: 2001..be tested in this proposal: 1) Overexpression, antisense expression and mutations of SHP-2, JAKs/Stats, IRS and gp130 proteins will affect biological functions of IL-11; (2) Structural domain requirements for different signaling ..