Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: golgin-97
Description: golgin A1
Alias: golgin-97, golgin subfamily A member 1, gap junction protein, alpha 4, 37kD, golgi autoantigen, golgin subfamily a, 1
- Hsu R, Zhong C, Wang C, Liao W, Yang C, Lin S, et al. Golgi tethering factor golgin-97 suppresses breast cancer cell invasiveness by modulating NF-κB activity. Cell Commun Signal. 2018;16:19 pubmed publisher..Our results collectively demonstrate a novel and suppressive role of golgin-97 in cancer invasiveness. We also provide a new avenue for exploring the relationship between the TGN, golgin-97 and NF-κB signaling in tumor progression. ..
- Wong M, Gillingham A, Munro S. The golgin coiled-coil proteins capture different types of transport carriers via distinct N-terminal motifs. BMC Biol. 2017;15:3 pubmed publisher..There appear to be at least four different types of motif, consistent with specific golgins capturing specific classes of carrier and implying the existence of distinct receptors present on each of these different carrier classes. ..
- Ballar P, Zhong Y, Nagahama M, Tagaya M, Shen Y, Fang S. Identification of SVIP as an endogenous inhibitor of endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:33908-14 pubmed..These results suggest that SVIP is an endogenous inhibitor of ERAD that acts through regulating the assembly of the gp78-p97/VCP-Derlin1 complex. ..
- Griffith K, Chan E, Lung C, Hamel J, Guo X, Miyachi K, et al. Molecular cloning of a novel 97-kd Golgi complex autoantigen associated with Sjögren's syndrome. Arthritis Rheum. 1997;40:1693-702 pubmed..Golgin-97 is a unique Golgi complex antigen that appears to be a target of SS autoantibodies. ..
- Waragai M, Nagamitsu S, Xu W, Li Y, Lin X, Ashizawa T. Ataxin 10 induces neuritogenesis via interaction with G-protein beta2 subunit. J Neurosci Res. 2006;83:1170-8 pubmed..Our data suggest that the ataxin 10-Gbeta2 interaction represents a novel mechanism for inducing neuritogenesis in PC12 cells by activating the Ras-MAP kinase-Elk-1 cascade. ..
- Luke M, Houghton F, Perugini M, Gleeson P. The trans-Golgi network GRIP-domain proteins form alpha-helical homodimers. Biochem J. 2005;388:835-41 pubmed..The formation of homodimers, but not heterodimers, indicates that each of the four mammalian TGN golgins has the potential to function independently. ..
- Barr F. A novel Rab6-interacting domain defines a family of Golgi-targeted coiled-coil proteins. Curr Biol. 1999;9:381-4 pubmed..On the basis of these data, it is proposed that this family of coiled-coil proteins functions in Rab6-regulated membrane-tethering events. ..
- Jing J, Junutula J, Wu C, Burden J, Matern H, Peden A, et al. FIP1/RCP binding to Golgin-97 regulates retrograde transport from recycling endosomes to the trans-Golgi network. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:3041-53 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that FIP1/RCP binding to Golgin-97 is required for tethering and fusion of recycling endosome-derived retrograde transport vesicles to the TGN. ..
- Feng L, Xie X, Ding Q, Luo X, He J, Fan F, et al. Spatial regulation of Raf kinase signaling by RKTG. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:14348-53 pubmed..Collectively, our results reveal a paradigm of spatial regulation of Raf kinase by RKTG via sequestrating Raf-1 to the Golgi apparatus and thereby inhibiting the ERK signaling pathway. ..
- Alzhanova D, Hruby D. A host cell membrane protein, golgin-97, is essential for poxvirus morphogenesis. Virology. 2007;362:421-7 pubmed..This suggests that golgin-97 may be involved in the maturation of the virus core and, potentially, the virus membrane. ..
- Lock J, Hammond L, Houghton F, Gleeson P, Stow J. E-cadherin transport from the trans-Golgi network in tubulovesicular carriers is selectively regulated by golgin-97. Traffic. 2005;6:1142-56 pubmed..Golgin-97 is identified as a selective and essential component of the tubulovesicular carriers transporting E-cadherin out of the TGN. ..
- Shin J, Gillingham A, Begum F, Chadwick J, Munro S. TBC1D23 is a bridging factor for endosomal vesicle capture by golgins at the trans-Golgi. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:1424-1432 pubmed publisher..Thus, TBC1D23 is a specificity determinant that links the vesicle to the target membrane during endosome-to-Golgi trafficking. ..