Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GNL1
Description: G protein nucleolar 1 (putative)
Alias: HSR1, guanine nucleotide-binding protein-like 1, GTP-binding protein HSR1, HSR1 GTP-binding protein
Publications107 found, 100 shown here
- Ohkawara H, Ikeda K, Ogawa K, Takeishi Y. MEMBRANE TYPE 1-MATRIX METALLOPROTEINASE (MT1-MMP) IDENTIFIED AS A MULTIFUNCTIONAL REGULATOR OF VASCULAR RESPONSES. Fukushima J Med Sci. 2015;61:91-100 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the MT1-MMP-mediated signaling axis may be a promising target for treating atherosclerosis and subsequent cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Kopajtich R, Nicholls T, Rorbach J, Metodiev M, Freisinger P, Mandel H, et al. Mutations in GTPBP3 cause a mitochondrial translation defect associated with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, lactic acidosis, and encephalopathy. Am J Hum Genet. 2014;95:708-20 pubmed publisher..Our study of a mitochondrial translation disorder points toward the importance of posttranscriptional modification of mitochondrial tRNAs for proper mitochondrial function. ..
- Zhang Y, Liu J, Luan G, Wang X. Inhibition of the small GTPase Cdc42 in regulation of epileptic-seizure in rats. Neuroscience. 2015;289:381-91 pubmed publisher..Our results are the first to indicate that Cdc42 plays an important role in the onset and progression of epileptic-seizures by regulating synaptic inhibition. ..
- Kiniwa Y, Li J, Wang M, Sun C, Lee J, Wang R, et al. Identification of DRG-1 As a Melanoma-Associated Antigen Recognized by CD4+ Th1 Cells. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0124094 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that DRG-1 plays an important role in melanoma cell growth and transformation, indicating that DRG1 may represent a novel target for CD4(+) T cell-mediated immunotherapy in melanoma. ..
- Doush Y, Surani A, Navarro Corcuera A, McArdle S, Billett E, Montiel Duarte C. SP1 and RARα regulate AGAP2 expression in cancer. Sci Rep. 2019;9:390 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a novel understanding of AGAP2 expression regulation that could be beneficial to those patients with cancers where AGAP2 is overexpressed. ..
- Nohara A, Okada S, Ohshima K, Pessin J, Mori M. Cyclin-dependent kinase-5 is a key molecule in tumor necrosis factor-?-induced insulin resistance. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:33457-65 pubmed publisher..Together, these data demonstrate that TNF-?-mediated insulin resistance of glucose uptake can occur through a MEK/Erk-dependent activation of CDK5. ..
- Vanderwerf S, Buck D, Wilmarth P, Sears L, David L, Morton D, et al. Role for Rab10 in Methamphetamine-Induced Behavior. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0136167 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that activation and redistribution of Rab10 is critical for some of the behavioral effects of psychostimulants. ..
- Bourmoum M, Charles R, Claing A. The GTPase ARF6 Controls ROS Production to Mediate Angiotensin II-Induced Vascular Smooth Muscle Cell Proliferation. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0148097 pubmed publisher..In turn, increased ROS acts to activate the MAPK pathway. These signaling events represent a new molecular mechanism by which Ang II can promote proliferation of VSMC. ..
- Litosch I, Fain J. Regulation of phosphoinositide breakdown by guanine nucleotides. Life Sci. 1986;39:187-94 pubmed..The identity of this GTP-binding protein has not been established but may resemble other regulatory GTP-binding proteins which have been identified as transducing proteins in a variety of receptor systems. ..
- Luo W, Liu C, Yang Q, Yu Q, Wang T. New angle of view on the role of rho/rho kinase pathway in human diseases. Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2014;13:378-95 pubmed..This essay, therefore, provides a new angle of view for the therapy of these kinds of diseases. ..
- Sharma S, Gupta R, Deswal R. Dioscorea alata tuber proteome analysis shows over thirty dioscorin isoforms and novel tuber proteins. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2017;114:128-137 pubmed publisher..This is perhaps the first attempt to identify tuber proteome (although limited) and to understand the physiological significance of these proteins. ..
- Kitano S, Kino Y, Yamamoto Y, Takitani M, Miyoshi J, Ishida T, et al. Bioinformatics Data Mining Approach Suggests Coexpression of AGTPBP1 with an ALS-linked Gene C9orf72. J Cent Nerv Syst Dis. 2015;7:15-26 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that AGTPBP1 serves as a C9orf72 interacting partner that plays a role in the regulation of neuronal function in a coordinated manner within the central nervous system. ..
- Andrieu G, Quaranta M, Leprince C, Cuvillier O, Hatzoglou A. Gem GTPase acts upstream Gmip/RhoA to regulate cortical actin remodeling and spindle positioning during early mitosis. Carcinogenesis. 2014;35:2503-11 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate a new role of Gem/Gmip/RhoA signaling in cortical actin regulation during early mitotic stages. ..
- Corre T, Arjona F, Hayward C, Youhanna S, de Baaij J, Belge H, et al. Genome-Wide Meta-Analysis Unravels Interactions between Magnesium Homeostasis and Metabolic Phenotypes. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2018;29:335-348 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this combined observational and experimental approach uncovered a gene-environment interaction linking Mg2+ deficiency to insulin resistance and obesity. ..
- Sugiura H, Yasuda S, Katsurabayashi S, Kawano H, Endo K, Takasaki K, et al. Rheb activation disrupts spine synapse formation through accumulation of syntenin in tuberous sclerosis complex. Nat Commun. 2015;6:6842 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Rheb-syntenin signalling may be a novel therapeutic target for abnormalities in spine and shaft synapses in TSC neurons. ..
- Lin D, Jiang Q, Ma X, Zheng K, Gong X, Teng S, et al. Rice TSV3 Encoding Obg-Like GTPase Protein Is Essential for Chloroplast Development During the Early Leaf Stage Under Cold Stress. G3 (Bethesda). 2018;8:253-263 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that the rice nuclear-encoded TSV3 plays important roles in chloroplast development at the early leaf stage under cold stress. ..
- Venkatesan A, Palaniyandi K, Sharma D, Bhist D, Narayanan S. Characterization of FtsY, its interaction with Ffh and proteomic identification of their potential substrates in Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Can J Microbiol. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Finally, the 2D-gel electrophoresis of antisense depleted ffh and ftsY strains identified differential expression of 14 proteins. ..
- Kamiya N, Kim H, King P. Regulation of bone and skeletal development by the SHP-2 protein tyrosine phosphatase. Bone. 2014;69:55-60 pubmed publisher..In this review the significance of these findings in mice to the understanding of the pathogenesis of skeletal abnormalities in humans with SHP-2 mutations is discussed. ..
- Aluru S, Shweta A, Bhaskar S, Geetha K, Sivakumar R, Utpal T, et al. Tear Fluid Protein Changes in Dry Eye Syndrome Associated with Rheumatoid Arthritis: A Proteomic Approach. Ocul Surf. 2017;15:112-129 pubmed publisher..The study observed characteristic marker proteins differentially expressed in DES-RA that are previously unreported. Further validation is needed. ..
- Doyle S, Haeger A, Vain T, Rigal A, Viotti C, Åangowska M, et al. An early secretory pathway mediated by GNOM-LIKE 1 and GNOM is essential for basal polarity establishment in Arabidopsis thaliana. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E806-15 pubmed publisher..The ARF-GEF-defective mutants gnom-like 1 (gnl1-1) and gnom (van7) are significantly resistant to ES8...
- Yang P, Zheng J, Wang S, Liu P, Xie M, Zhao D. Respiratory syncytial virus nonstructural proteins 1 and 2 are crucial pathogenic factors that modulate interferon signaling and Treg cell distribution in mice. Virology. 2015;485:223-32 pubmed publisher..Inhibiting either NS1 or NS2 alleviated the pathology of lung tissues. Thus, NS1 and NS2 are independent pathogenic factors and could be targets for therapeutic strategies in treating RSV infection. ..
- Latosinska A, Mokou M, Makridakis M, Mullen W, Zoidakis J, Lygirou V, et al. Proteomics analysis of bladder cancer invasion: Targeting EIF3D for therapeutic intervention. Oncotarget. 2017;8:69435-69455 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this study represents a comprehensive analysis of NMIBC and MIBC providing a resource for future studies. The results highlight EIF3D as a potential therapeutic target...
- Zhang N, Zhang Y, Zhao S, Sun Y. Septin4 as a novel binding partner of PARP1 contributes to oxidative stress induced human umbilical vein endothelial cells injure. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;496:621-627 pubmed publisher..In conclusions, our founding indicates that Septin4 is a novel essential factor involved in oxidative stress induced vascular endothelial cell injury by interacting with apoptosis-related protein PARP1. ..
- ..Circ J 2016; 80: 1491-1498). ..
- Zhang X, Zhang Y, Yang J, Li S, Chen J. Upregulation of miR-582-5p inhibits cell proliferation, cell cycle progression and invasion by targeting Rab27a in human colorectal carcinoma. Cancer Gene Ther. 2015;22:475-80 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that miR-582-5p may function as a tumor suppressor in the development of CRC by targeting Rab27a, indicating a novel therapeutic strategy for patients with CRC. ..
- Andrzejewska Z, Nevo N, Thomas L, Chhuon C, Bailleux A, Chauvet V, et al. Cystinosin is a Component of the Vacuolar H+-ATPase-Ragulator-Rag Complex Controlling Mammalian Target of Rapamycin Complex 1 Signaling. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016;27:1678-88 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this study highlights the need to develop new treatments not dependent on lysosomal cystine depletion alone for this devastating disease. ..
- Matsumoto S, Fujii S, Kikuchi A. Arl4c is a key regulator of tubulogenesis and tumourigenesis as a target gene of Wnt-?-catenin and growth factor-Ras signalling. J Biochem. 2017;161:27-35 pubmed publisher..Arl4c expression was also involved in the tumour formation of colorectal and lung cancers. In this review, we focus on Arl4c as a novel Wnt signal target molecule that links epithelial tubulogenesis to tumourigenesis. ..
- Jeon Y, Park Y, Cho H, Jung H, Ahn T, Kang H, et al. The nucleolar GTPase nucleostemin-like 1 plays a role in plant growth and senescence by modulating ribosome biogenesis. J Exp Bot. 2015;66:6297-310 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that NSN1 plays a crucial role in plant growth and senescence by modulating ribosome biogenesis. ..
- Samuel M, Rath N, Masre S, Boyle S, Greenhalgh D, Kochetkova M, et al. Tissue-selective expression of a conditionally-active ROCK2-estrogen receptor fusion protein. Genesis. 2016;54:636-646 pubmed publisher..Birth Defects Research (Part A) 106:636-646, 2016. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Motokawa M, Watanabe S, Nakatomi A, Kondoh T, Matsumoto T, Morifuji K, et al. A hot-spot mutation in CDC42 (p.Tyr64Cys) and novel phenotypes in the third patient with Takenouchi-Kosaki syndrome. J Hum Genet. 2018;63:387-390 pubmed publisher..Further studies and the accumulation of patients with CDC42 mutations are needed to clarify the phenotype in patients with TKS and the pathophysiological roles of the CDC42 mutation. ..
- Huang G, Pan X, Jin Y, Wang Y, Song X, Wang C, et al. The mechanisms and significance of up-regulation of RhoB expression by hypoxia and glucocorticoid in rat lung and A549 cells. J Cell Mol Med. 2016;20:1276-86 pubmed publisher..RhoB also enhanced the resistance of cell to PTX-chemotherapy and mediated the pro-survival effect of Dex. ..
- Yang X, Zhang Q, Zhao K, Luo Q, Bao S, Liu H, et al. The Arabidopsis GPR1 Gene Negatively Affects Pollen Germination, Pollen Tube Growth, and Gametophyte Senescence. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that GPR1 functions as a negative regulator of pollen germination, pollen tube growth, and gametophyte senescence to fine-tune the fertilization process. ..
- Lee C, Kim J, Ghim J, Suh P, Ryu S. GTP-dependent interaction between phospholipase D and dynamin modulates fibronectin-induced cell spreading. Cell Signal. 2015;27:2363-70 pubmed publisher..These results imply that GTP-loaded dynamin, like a small GTPase could mediate a "switch on" signaling via interaction with PLD that has a role as an effector. ..
- Shimokawa H, Sunamura S, Satoh K. RhoA/Rho-Kinase in the Cardiovascular System. Circ Res. 2016;118:352-66 pubmed publisher..Herein, we will review the recent advances about the importance of RhoA/Rho-kinase in the cardiovascular system. ..
- Srikanth S, Woo J, Gwack Y. A large Rab GTPase family in a small GTPase world. Small Gtpases. 2017;8:43-48 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings reveal a novel function of a large Rab GTPase in intracellular signaling pathways, which may be shared by other large Rab GTPases, Rab44 and Rab45. ..
- Knyphausen P, Kuhlmann N, de Boor S, Lammers M. Lysine-acetylation as a fundamental regulator of Ran function: Implications for signaling of proteins of the Ras-superfamily. Small Gtpases. 2015;6:189-95 pubmed publisher..We will discuss recent findings of lysine-acetylation as a novel modification to regulate Ras-protein signaling. ..
- Tang X, Xie C, Wang Y, Wang X. Localization of Rab3A-binding site on C2A domain of synaptotagmin I to reveal its regulatory mechanism. Int J Biol Macromol. 2017;96:736-742 pubmed publisher..These results have contributed to the comprehension of action mechanism of Rab3 and synaptotagmin in the regulation of synaptic vesicle exocytosis. ..
- Haque R, Iuvone P, He L, Choi K, Ngo A, Gokhale S, et al. The MicroRNA-21 signaling pathway is involved in prorenin receptor (PRR) -induced VEGF expression in ARPE-19 cells under a hyperglycemic condition. Mol Vis. 2017;23:251-262 pubmed..Therefore, miR-21 may serve as a potential therapeutic target for diabetes-induced retinal pathology. ..
- Murthy S, Ryan A, He C, Mallampalli R, Carter A. Rac1-mediated mitochondrial H2O2 generation regulates MMP-9 gene expression in macrophages via inhibition of SP-1 and AP-1. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:25062-73 pubmed publisher..Rac1 regulates MMP-9 transcription via mitochondrial H(2)O(2) generation, providing a potential mechanism by which Rac1 null mice fail to develop pulmonary fibrosis. ..
- Chung H, Rathor N, Wang S, Wang J, Rao J. RhoA enhances store-operated Ca2+ entry and intestinal epithelial restitution by interacting with TRPC1 after wounding. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2015;309:G759-67 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that RhoA interacts with and activates TRPC1 and thus stimulates rapid epithelial restitution after injury by inducing Ca(2+) signaling. ..
- Brugnoli A, Napolitano F, Usiello A, Morari M. Genetic deletion of Rhes or pharmacological blockade of mTORC1 prevent striato-nigral neurons activation in levodopa-induced dyskinesia. Neurobiol Dis. 2016;85:155-163 pubmed publisher..However, mTORC1 blockade seems to provide a more favorable behavioral outcome and a wider effect on neurochemical correlates of dyskinesia. ..
- Astuti G, Arno G, Hull S, Pierrache L, Venselaar H, Carss K, et al. Mutations in AGBL5, Encoding ?-Tubulin Deglutamylase, Are Associated With Autosomal Recessive Retinitis Pigmentosa. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2016;57:6180-6187 pubmed publisher..Further studies are required to investigate the underlying disease mechanism associated with AGBL5 variants. ..
- Li H, Wang X, Wen C, Huo Z, Wang W, Zhan Q, et al. Long noncoding RNA NORAD, a novel competing endogenous RNA, enhances the hypoxia-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition to promote metastasis in pancreatic cancer. Mol Cancer. 2017;16:169 pubmed publisher..This finding may contribute to a better understanding of the role played by lncRNAs in hypoxia-induced EMT and provide a potential novel diagnostic and therapeutic target for pancreatic cancer. ..
- Lubeck B, Lapinski P, Oliver J, Ksionda O, Parada L, Zhu Y, et al. Cutting Edge: Codeletion of the Ras GTPase-Activating Proteins (RasGAPs) Neurofibromin 1 and p120 RasGAP in T Cells Results in the Development of T Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. J Immunol. 2015;195:31-5 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight RASA1 and NF1 as cotumor suppressors in the T cell lineage. ..
- Bao Z, Wang Y, Yang L, Wang L, Zhu L, Ban N, et al. Nucleostemin promotes the proliferation of human glioma via Wnt/Î²-Catenin pathway. Neuropathology. 2016;36:237-49 pubmed publisherNucleostemin, nucleolar guanosine triphosphate (GTP)-binding protein 3, is a member of the MMR1/HSR1 GTP-binding protein family...
- Katt W, Antonyak M, Cerione R. The diamond anniversary of tissue transglutaminase: a protein of many talents. Drug Discov Today. 2018;23:575-591 pubmed publisher..Here, we highlight many of the major findings involving tTG since its discovery 60 years ago, and describe recent drug discovery efforts that target specific activities or conformations of this unique protein. ..
- Mani M, Lee U, Yoon N, Kim H, Ko M, Seol W, et al. Developmentally regulated GTP-binding protein 2 coordinates Rab5 activity and transferrin recycling. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:334-48 pubmed publisher..Ectopic expression of shRNA-resistant DRG2 rescued Tfn recycling in DRG2-depleted cells. Our results demonstrate that DRG2 is an endosomal protein and a key regulator of Rab5 deactivation and Tfn recycling. ..
- Minami T, Satoh K, Nogi M, Kudo S, Miyata S, Tanaka S, et al. Statins up-regulate SmgGDS through Î²1-integrin/Akt1 pathway in endothelial cells. Cardiovasc Res. 2016;109:151-61 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that statins selectively up-regulate SmgGDS in endothelial cells, for which the Î²1-integrin/Akt1 pathway may be involved, demonstrating the novel aspects of the pleiotropic effects of statins. ..
- Xue Q, Yu C, Wang Y, Liu L, Zhang K, Fang C, et al. miR-9 and miR-124 synergistically affect regulation of dendritic branching via the AKT/GSK3Î² pathway by targeting Rap2a. Sci Rep. 2016;6:26781 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a novel pathway in which miR-9 and miR-124 synergistically repress expression of Rap2a to sustain homeostatic dendritic complexity during neuronal development and maturation. ..
- Ye L, Zhang Q, Pan H, Huang C, Yang Z, Yu Q. EMB2738, which encodes a putative plastid-targeted GTP-binding protein, is essential for embryogenesis and chloroplast development in higher plants. Physiol Plant. 2017;161:414-430 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicated that both EMB2738 and NtEMB2738 are involved in the expression of plastid genes in higher plants, and there is a functional divergence between NtEMB2738 and EMB2738 in embryogenesis. ..
- Datta D, Anbarasu K, Rajabather S, Priya R, Desai P, Mahalingam S. Nucleolar GTP-binding Protein-1 (NGP-1) Promotes G1 to S Phase Transition by Activating Cyclin-dependent Kinase Inhibitor p21 Cip1/Waf1. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:21536-52 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this investigation provides evidence that NGP-1 promotes cell cycle progression through the activation of the p53/p21(Cip-1/Waf1) pathway. ..
- Thoompumkal I, Rehna K, Anbarasu K, Mahalingam S. Leucine Zipper Down-regulated in Cancer-1 (LDOC1) interacts with Guanine nucleotide binding protein-like 3-like (GNL3L) to modulate Nuclear Factor-kappa B (NF-?B) signaling during cell proliferation. Cell Cycle. 2016;15:3251-3267 pubmed..binding protein-like 3-like (GNL3L) is an evolutionarily conserved putative nucleolar GTPase belonging to the HSR1-MMR1 family...
- He L, Zhang X, Huang Y, Yang H, Wang Y, Zhang Z. The characterization of RHEB gene and its responses to hypoxia and thermal stresses in the small abalone Haliotis diversicolor. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;210:48-54 pubmed publisher..05). The results in this study demonstrated for the first time that RHEB gene in abalones is able to response to stress stimuli of hypoxia or/and thermal. ..
- Vernet C, Ribouchon M, Chimini G, Pontarotti P. Structure and evolution of a member of a new subfamily of GTP-binding proteins mapping to the human MHC class I region. Mamm Genome. 1994;5:100-5 pubmed..1992). Its human homolog, HSR1, localized to the human MHC class I region, is described in this paper...
- Cuéllar Mata P, Martinez Cadena G, López Godínez J, Obregon A, García Soto J. The GTP-binding protein RhoA localizes to the cortical granules of Strongylocentrotus purpuratas sea urchin egg and is secreted during fertilization. Eur J Cell Biol. 2000;79:81-91 pubmed..Thus, Rho could participate in those processes related to the cortical granules, i.e., in the Ca2+-regulated exocytosis or actin reorganization that accompany the egg activation...
- Morissette M, Sah V, Glembotski C, Brown J. The Rho effector, PKN, regulates ANF gene transcription in cardiomyocytes through a serum response element. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2000;278:H1769-74 pubmed..Thus PKN and Rho are able to regulate transcriptional activation of the ANF SRE by a common element that could implicate PKN as a downstream effector of Rho in transcriptional responses associated with hypertrophy...
- Paladini F, Belfiore F, Cocco E, Carcassi C, Cauli A, Vacca A, et al. HLA-E gene polymorphism associates with ankylosing spondylitis in Sardinia. Arthritis Res Ther. 2009;11:R171 pubmed publisher..Genotype distribution of three other SNPs mapping in genes (GNL1, PRR3 and ABCF-1) close to HLA-E and showing high LD with it, was also significantly skewed...
- King J, Kabbani N. Alpha 7 nicotinic receptor coupling to heterotrimeric G proteins modulates RhoA activation, cytoskeletal motility, and structural growth. J Neurochem. 2016;138:532-45 pubmed publisher..Activation of RhoA was shown to decrease actin polymerization, and lead to an overall decrease in neurite growth via regulation of the microtubule network. Cover Image for this issue: doi: 10.1111/jnc.13330. ..
- Bello O, Cappa A, de Paola M, Zanetti M, Fukuda M, Fissore R, et al. Rab3A, a possible marker of cortical granules, participates in cortical granule exocytosis in mouse eggs. Exp Cell Res. 2016;347:42-51 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our findings confirm that Rab3A might function as a marker of cortical granules and participates in cortical granule exocytosis in mouse eggs. ..
- O Neill G, Musto C, Gomez G. Chronic odorant exposure upregulates acquisition of functional properties in cultured embryonic chick olfactory sensory neurons. J Neurosci Res. 2017;95:1216-1224 pubmed publisher..This suggests that the neuronal changes in the periphery have an important contribution to the overall long-term functional changes associated with odor imprinting. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc...
- Branham K, Matsui H, Biswas P, Guru A, Hicks M, Suk J, et al. Establishing the involvement of the novel gene AGBL5 in retinitis pigmentosa by whole genome sequencing. Physiol Genomics. 2016;48:922-927 pubmed publisher..Homology models indicated destabilization of AGBL5 due to the p.Arg281Cys change. Our findings establish the involvement of mutations in AGBL5 in RP and validate the WGS variant filtering pipeline we designed. ..
- Ishemgulova A, Kraeva N, Hlaváčová J, Zimmer S, Butenko A, Podesvova L, et al. A putative ATP/GTP binding protein affects Leishmania mexicana growth in insect vectors and vertebrate hosts. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005782 pubmed publisher..This result validates our comparative genomics approach for finding relevant factors, yet highlights the importance of quality laboratory-based analysis of genes tagged by these methods. ..
- Schellhaus A, Moreno Andrés D, Chugh M, Yokoyama H, Moschopoulou A, De S, et al. Developmentally Regulated GTP binding protein 1 (DRG1) controls microtubule dynamics. Sci Rep. 2017;7:9996 pubmed publisher..To perform its microtubule-associated functions, DRG1, although being a GTPase, does not require GTP hydrolysis. However, all domains are required as truncated versions show none of the mentioned activities besides microtubule binding. ..
- Khatri N, Singh S, Hakim N, Mudgil Y. Comparative expression profiling of AtRAD5B and AtNDL1: Hints towards a role in G protein mediated signaling. Gene Expr Patterns. 2017;25-26:167-174 pubmed publisher..This study predicts the existence of a signaling network involving AtNDL1, AGB1 with AtRAD5B. ..
- Boddapati N, Anbarasu K, Suryaraja R, Tendulkar A, Mahalingam S. Subcellular distribution of the human putative nucleolar GTPase GNL1 is regulated by a novel arginine/lysine-rich domain and a GTP binding domain in a cell cycle-dependent manner. J Mol Biol. 2012;416:346-66 pubmed publisherb>GNL1, a putative nucleolar GTPase, belongs to the MMR1-HSR1 family of large GTPases that are emerging as crucial coordinators of signaling cascades in different cellular compartments...
- Liu Y, Chen Y, Wu H, Wang T, Tsai F. Single nucleotide polymorphisms at the PRR3, ABCF1, and GNL1 genes in the HLA class I region are associated with Graves' ophthalmopathy in a gender-dependent manner. Ophthalmology. 2014;121:2033-9 pubmed publisher..To investigate whether a conserved HLA class I region influenced the development of Graves' ophthalmopathy (GO) in patients with Graves' disease (GD) in a Taiwan-Chinese population...
- Gimeno Ferrer F, Pastor Cantizano N, Bernat Silvestre C, Selvi Martínez P, Vera Sirera F, Gao C, et al. ?2-COP is involved in early secretory traffic in Arabidopsis and is required for plant growth. J Exp Bot. 2017;68:391-401 pubmed publisher..COPII coat, was observed in the ?2-cop mutant; this also occurs in a mutant of a gene upstream of COPI assembly, GNL1, which encodes an ARF-guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF)...
- Vo M, Ko M, Lee U, Yoon E, Lee B, Cho W, et al. Developmentally regulated GTP-binding protein 2 depletion leads to mitochondrial dysfunction through downregulation of dynamin-related protein 1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;486:1014-1020 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data demonstrate that DRG2 acts as a regulator of mitochondrial fission by controlling the expression of Drp1. ..
- Tang X, Zha L, Li H, Liao G, Huang Z, Peng X, et al. Upregulation of GNL3 expression promotes colon cancer cell proliferation, migration, invasion and epithelial-mesenchymal transition via the Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling pathway. Oncol Rep. 2017;38:2023-2032 pubmed publisher..In summary, GNL3 is upregulated in colon cancer and plays an important role in tumor growth, invasion and metastasis. Strategies targeting GNL3 are potential treatments for colon cancer. ..
- Mani M, Lee U, Yoon N, Yoon E, Lee B, Cho W, et al. Developmentally regulated GTP-binding protein 2 is required for stabilization of Rac1-positive membrane tubules. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:758-764 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a novel mechanism for regulation of membrane tubule stability mediated by DRG2. ..
- Kim W, Kim H, Jeong E, Kim H, Lee Z, Kim I, et al. Transglutaminase 2 regulates osteoclast differentiation via a Blimp1-dependent pathway. Sci Rep. 2017;7:10626 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results provide strong evidence that TG2 plays an important role in bone metabolism by suppressing excessive osteoclastogenesis via the regulation of the NF-κB-Blimp1 signaling pathway. ..
- Shioda N. Dopamine D2L receptor-interacting proteins regulate dopaminergic signaling. J Pharmacol Sci. 2017;: pubmed publisher..We discuss how D2R activities are mediated not only by heterotrimeric G proteins but by D2LR-interacting proteins, which in part regulate diverse D2R activities...
- He X, Gong W, Zhang J, Nie J, Yao C, Guo F, et al. Sensing and Transmitting Intracellular Amino Acid Signals through Reversible Lysine Aminoacylations. Cell Metab. 2018;27:151-166.e6 pubmed publisher..Glutaminylation on apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 suppresses apoptosis. We discovered non-canonical functions of ARSs and revealed systematic and functional amino acid sensing and signal transduction networks. ..
- Rocha N, Payne F, Huang Doran I, Sleigh A, Fawcett K, Adams C, et al. The metabolic syndrome- associated small G protein ARL15 plays a role in adipocyte differentiation and adiponectin secretion. Sci Rep. 2017;7:17593 pubmed publisher..These findings provide evidence that ARL15 plays a role in adipocyte differentiation and adiponectin secretion, and raise the possibility that human ARL15 haploinsufficiency predisposes to lipodystrophy. ..
- Balasubramanian V, Sellegounder D, Suman K, Krishnaswamy B. Proteome analysis reveals translational inhibition of Caenorhabditis elegans enhances susceptibility to Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1 pathogenesis. J Proteomics. 2016;145:141-152 pubmed publisher..elegans are conserved in other systems including human, our data pave the way for understanding important regulatory pathways involved during bacterial pathogenesis that can be translated into higher eukaryotic organisms. ..
- Bangasser D, Dong H, Carroll J, Plona Z, Ding H, Rodriguez L, et al. Corticotropin-releasing factor overexpression gives rise to sex differences in Alzheimer's disease-related signaling. Mol Psychiatry. 2017;22:1126-1133 pubmed publisher..Promotion of AD-related signaling pathways through this mechanism may contribute to female vulnerability to AD. ..
- Withers C, Brown D, Byiringiro I, Allen M, Condon K, Satin J, et al. Rad GTPase is essential for the regulation of bone density and bone marrow adipose tissue in mice. Bone. 2017;103:270-280 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a novel in vivo function for Rad and establish a role for Rad signaling in the complex physiological control of skeletal homeostasis and bone marrow adiposity. ..
- Tian Q, Gromov P, Clement J, Wang Y, Riemann M, Weih F, et al. RHEB1 insufficiency in aged male mice is associated with stress-induced seizures. GeroScience. 2017;39:557-570 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that chronic intervention with mTORC1 signaling in the aged brain might be associated with major adverse events. ..
- Di J, Tang J, Qian H, Franklin D, Deisenroth C, Itahana Y, et al. p53 upregulates PLC?-IP3-Ca2+ pathway and inhibits autophagy through its target gene Rap2B. Oncotarget. 2017;8:64657-64669 pubmed publisher..As a confirmed target gene of p53, we believe that further investigating potential functions of Rap2B in autophagy and tumorigenesis will provide a novel strategy for cancer therapy...
- Wang X, Xu C, Cai X, Wang Q, Dai S. Heat-Responsive Photosynthetic and Signaling Pathways in Plants: Insight from Proteomics. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Moreover, diverse protein patterns of photosynthetic proteins imply that the modulations of stomatal CO? exchange, photosystem II, Calvin cycle, ATP synthesis, and chlorophyll biosynthesis are crucial for plant heat tolerance. ..