Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: glutamyl transpeptidase
Description: gamma-glutamyltransferase 1
Alias: CD224, D22S672, D22S732, GGT, GGT 1, GTG, gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase, gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase 1, glutamyl transpeptidase, glutathione hydrolase 1, leukotriene-C4 hydrolase
Publications213 found, 100 shown here
- [Gamma glutamyl transpeptidase (gammaGTP) in the era of metabolic syndrome]Hirokazu Yokoyama
Health Center, Keio University, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjyuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Nihon Arukoru Yakubutsu Igakkai Zasshi 42:110-24. 2007Current knowledge on gamma glutamyl transpeptidase (gammaGTP) was reviewed...
- Gamma glutamyl transferase and metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular disease, and mortality risk: the Framingham Heart StudyDouglas S Lee
Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences, Division of Cardiology, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Rm G 106, 2075 Bayview Ave, Toronto, Ontario, M4N 3M5 Canada
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:127-33. 2007To determine whether serum gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT) predicts cardiovascular disease (CVD) morbidity and mortality, accounting for temporal changes in known CVD risk factors and C-reactive protein (CRP).
- Loci affecting gamma-glutamyl transferase in adults and adolescents show age × SNP interaction and cardiometabolic disease associationsRita P Middelberg
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Australia
Hum Mol Genet 21:446-55. 2012Serum gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT) activity is a marker of liver disease which is also prospectively associated with the risk of all-cause mortality, cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes and cancers...
- Pooling-based genome-wide association study implicates gamma-glutamyltransferase 1 (GGT1) gene in pancreatic carcinogenesisBrenda Diergaarde
Department of Epidemiology, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, and University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Pancreatology 10:194-200. 2010..Knowledge regarding genetic factors that influence pancreatic cancer risk is currently limited. To identify novel pancreatic cancer susceptibility loci, we conducted a two-stage genome-wide association study...
- The relationship of gamma-glutamyltransferase to aortic elastic properties in young patients with prehypertensionTurgay Celik
Gulhane Military Medical Academy, School of Medicine, Department of Cardiology, Etlik Ankara, Turkey
Clin Exp Hypertens 32:377-84. 2010Some cross-sectional studies have demonstrated a positive association between serum gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) levels and blood pressure...
- Association between serum gamma-glutamyl transferase level and prehypertension among community-dwelling menRyuichi Kawamoto
Department of Internal Medicine, Nomura Municipal Hospital, Ehime, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 216:213-21. 2008Serum gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT) activity is a general clinical marker of excessive alcohol consumption, and GGT reflects changes in oxidative stress and implicated in the progression of hypertension...
- Association of gamma-glutamyltransferase and risk of cancer incidence in men: a prospective studyAlexander M Strasak
Departments of Medical Statistics, Informatics and Health Economics, Innsbruck Medical University, Austria
Cancer Res 68:3970-7. 2008Although several epidemiologic studies have shown that gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) is independently associated with cardiovascular disease and all-cause mortality, its relationship with cancer incidence remains widely unexplored...
- Gamma-glutamyltransferase and prognosis in patients with stable coronary heart disease followed over 8 yearsL P Breitling
Division of Clinical Epidemiology and Aging Research C070, German Cancer Research Center, Bergheimer Str 20, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
Atherosclerosis 210:649-55. 2010..Serum gamma-glutamyltransferase (gamma-GT) predicts incident cardiovascular disease and mortality. The present study examined whether gamma-GT also is associated with prognosis in patients with stable coronary heart disease...
- Treatment of progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis: liver transplantation or partial external biliary diversionH Ismail
The Department of Pediatric Surgery and Organ Transplantation, The Children's Memorial Health Institute, Warsaw, Poland
Pediatr Transplant 3:219-24. 1999..In patients before established liver cirrhosis, PEBD should be the first choice of treatment. Patients presenting with cirrhosis or after ineffective PEBD should qualify for OLTx. With this strategy most children with PIFC can be cured...
- Experimental murine schistosomiasis: reduced hepatic morbidity after pre- and/or post-infection treatment with ibuprofen or diclofenac sodiumM M Farag
Department of Pharmacology, Alexandria University, Egypt
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 89:497-504. 1995..was continued after infection, for 28 days, there was an additional significant decrease in hepatic gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase activity...
- Effects of the peroxisome proliferator di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate on enzymes in rat liver and on carcinogen-induced liver altered foci in comparison to the promoter phenobarbitalH Maruyama
American Health Foundation, Valhalla, New York 10595
Toxicol Pathol 18:257-67. 1990..DEHP increased alkaline phosphatase activity throughout the lobule, but reduced gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) activity in periportal hepatocytes. PB, in contrast, increased GGT activity in periportal hepatocytes...
- Gamma-glutamyl transferase expression in higher-grade astrocytic gliomaC Schafer
Department of Neurosurgery, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Germany
Acta Oncol 40:529-35. 2001Increased expression of gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) has been detected in a range of human malignancies and is thought to be involved in neoplastic proliferation and treatment resistance...
- Activation of a ribosomal S6 protein kinase in rapidly emerging diethylnitrosamine-induced gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase-positive hyperplastic liver lesions of the ratR Comolli
Dipartimento di Fisiologia e Biochimica Generali, , Italy
Tumori 75:527-32. 1989The gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT)-positive hyperplastic liver lesions which developed in the Fisher 344 rat 7 and 60 days following a single carcinogenic dose of diethylnitrosamine (DENA, 200 mg/kg body weight), short-term dietary ..
- Dose-dependent renal tubular toxicity of harman and norharman in male F344 ratsA Hagiwara
First Department of Pathology, Nagoya City University Medical School, Japan
Toxicol Pathol 20:197-204. 1992..NAG, and lactate dehydrogenase, LDH) and sugar levels were increased, and the brush border enzymes (gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase, GGT, and alkaline phosphatase, ALP) decreased...
- The experience with the foetal diagnosis of the cystic fibrosis in the second and first trimesterM Macek
Department of Medical Genetics, Faculty of Pediatrics Prague, Czechoslovakia
Acta Univ Carol Med (Praha) 36:120-8. 1990The amniotic fluid activity of gamma glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT), leucine aminopeptidase (LAP) and alcaline phosphatase (AP) and disacharidases was examined in 66 pregnancies with the risk of cystic fibrosis (CF) in the 17th-21st weeks ..
- [Metabolism and vascular effects of gammaglutamyl L-dopa on the isolated kidney of the rat]A Caillette
, , Lyon, France
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 81:179-82. 1988..This is the consequence of the sequential action of two renal enzymes, gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (gamma-GT) and aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase...
- Changes in vitamin E concentration after surgery and anesthesiaJ Zunic
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, County Hospital Karlovac, Croatia
Coll Antropol 21:327-34. 1997..activities of alanine aminotransferase (ALT), aspartate aminotransferase (AST), gamma glutamyltransferase (GGT) were determined. Statistical analysis: ANOVA, Tukay HSD test...
- The effect of erythritol on the stability of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase and N-acetyl glucosaminidase in human urineW F Loeb
Ani Lytics Inc, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20877, USA
Toxicol Pathol 25:264-7. 1997..studies and clinical trials of erythritol, treated animals and human subjects had higher urine gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase [gamma-glutamyl transferase (gamma-GT)] than untreated controls...
- Fibrinolytic activity as a predictor of the outcome of prolapsed intervertebral lumbar disc surgery with reference to background variables: results of a prospective cohort studyA K Haaland
, Oslo, Norway
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 17:1022-7. 1992..Background variables and lipid profile were also recorded preoperatively. Body mass index, gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase, triglycerides and smoking were of statistical significance in relation to euglobulin clot lysis time and ..
- Renal cell tumors induced in CBA male mice by 1,2-dimethylhydrazineV S Turusov
Cancer Research Centre, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Toxicol Pathol 20:570-5. 1992..Gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) was strongly positive in normal proximal convoluted tubules, slightly positive in the cells of ..
- GB virus C (GBV-C) infection in patients with chronic hepatitis C. Influence on liver disease and on hepatitis virus behaviour: effect of interferon alfa therapyJ M Pawlotsky
Department of Bacteriology and Virology, Hopital Henri Mondor, Universite Paris XII, Creteil, France
J Med Virol 54:26-37. 1998..age, gender, source of HCV, estimated duration of HCV infection, alanine aminotransferase and gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase activities, cirrhosis and Knodell's score on liver biopsy, HCV genotype, HCV viral burden and anti-HCV ..
- Sequential functional and morphological alterations during hepatocarcinogenesis induced in rats by feeding of a low dose of 2-acetylaminofluoreneF Stenback
Department of Pathology, University of Oulu, Finland
Toxicol Pathol 22:620-32. 1994..by deficiencies in iron storage (IS-) and collagen production and by expression of gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT+) and placental-type glutathione transferase (PGT+) activity appeared. Single PGT+ cells were also found...
- Enzymic pattern of preneoplastic and neoplastic lesions induced in the kidney of CBA mice by 1,2-dimethylhydrazineY S Ahn
, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Heidelberg, Germany
Toxicol Pathol 22:415-22. 1994..malic enzyme (ME), succinate dehydrogenase (SDH), alkaline phosphatase (ALPase) and gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase (GGT). RCTs displayed the same histochemical profile irrespective of their size and growth pattern...
- Intravenous and intrapulmonary administration of honey solution to healthy sheep: effects on blood sugar, renal and liver function tests, bone marrow function, lipid profile, and carbon tetrachloride-induced liver injuryNoori S Al-Waili
Dubai Specialized Medical Center and Medical Research Laboratories, Islamic Establishment for Education, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
J Med Food 6:231-47. 2003..v. infusion of 80 g of honey, and estimations of serum gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (SGGT), serum glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase (SGOT), and serum glutamate pyruvate transaminase (SGPT) ..
- [Activity of gamma-glutamyltransferase in blood of smoking and non-smoking smelters]Halina Milnerowicz
Zakład Biomedycznych Analiz Srodowiskowych, Wydział Farmaceutyczny, Akademia Medyczna, Wrocław
Przegl Lek 67:910-3. 2010..of liver damage useful are the methods which determine the activity of enzymes such as gamma-glutamyl-transferase (GGT). GGT is present in the liver and bile duct. In the serum is mainly from hepatic...
- Critical parameters in the quantitation of the stages of initiation, promotion, and progression in one model of hepatocarcinogenesis in the ratH C Pitot
McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research Medical School, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706
Toxicol Pathol 17:594-611; discussion 611-2. 1989..The relative effectiveness of four different markers--gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase (GGT), a placental form of glutathione S-transferase (GST), canalicular ATPase, and glucose 6-phosphatase (G6Pase)--was ..
- Indices of urine N-acetyl-beta-D-glucosaminidase and gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase activities in clinically normal adult dogsJill D Brunker
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Center for Veterinary Health Sciences, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
Am J Vet Res 70:297-301. 2009To establish reference ranges for indices of urine N-acetyl-B-D-glucosaminidase (NAG) and gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) activities in clinically normal adult dogs.
- A new splicing site mutation of the ABCB4 gene in intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy with raised serum gamma-GTD Tavian
Laboratory of Human Molecular Biology and Genetics, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Milan, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 41:671-5. 2009..In a subgroup of women, the serum gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase level is also increased...
- Pulmonary inflammation induced by a recombinant Brugia malayi gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase homolog: involvement of humoral autoimmune responsesA S Gounni
Meakins Christie Laboratories, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Mol Med 7:344-54. 2001..TPE) has recently been cloned and identified as the homolog of the membrane-bound mammalian enzyme gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (gamma-GT)...
- Role for recombinant gamma-glutamyltransferase from Treponema denticola in glutathione metabolismLianrui Chu
Department of Orthodontics, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
Infect Immun 71:335-42. 2003..In this pathway, gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) has been proposed to catalyze the first step of glutathione degradation. We have cloned the gene of GGT from T...
- Effect of aurothioglucose on glutathione and glutathione-metabolizing and related enzymes in rat liver and kidneyC J Dillard
Department of Food Science and Technology, University of California, Davis 95616
Chem Biol Interact 64:103-14. 1987..The enzymes measured were GSH peroxidase, GSSG reductase, gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase, gamma-glutamylcysteine synthetase, GSH S-transferase, GSH thiotransferase, glucose-6-phosphate ..
- Influence of bromfenvinphos alone, and in mixture with methoxychlor, on levels of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase, ceruloplasmin and cholesterol in the blood plasma of laboratory miceK I Zaleska-Freljan
Department of Vertebrate Animal Physiology, University of Warsaw, Poland
Pol J Pharmacol 45:309-16. 1993..The activity of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGTP), ceruloplasmin (CRP), and cholesterol in the blood plasma were determined...
- Treatment with anti-gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase antibody attenuates osteolysis in collagen-induced arthritis miceYasuyuki Ishizuka
Applied Cell Biotechnologies, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 22:1933-42. 2007The effectiveness of a new antibody treatment on arthritis-associated osteolysis was studied by using CIA mice. GGT, a newly identified bone-resorbing factor, was upregulated in arthritic joints...
- gamma-Glutamyl transpeptidase in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae and its role in the vacuolar transport and metabolism of glutathioneK Mehdi
Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Laboratoire de Physiologie et d Ecologie Microbiennes, Institut Pasteur de Bruxelles, 642 Rue Engeland, B 1180 Brussels, Belgium
Biochem J 359:631-7. 2001In the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae, the enzyme gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (gamma-GT; EC 18.104.22.168) is a glycoprotein that is bound to the vacuolar membrane...
- [Clinical impact of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase messenger RNA subtypes on early diagnosis of hepatocellular carcinoma]Guo Qing Han
Shandong Provincial Hospital, Jinan 250021, P R China
Ai Zheng 21:192-5. 2002It has been reported that hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) expresses gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) with unique carbohydrate moieties compared with normal liver GGT enzymes, this unique GGT was used as a marker for the diagnosis of ..
- [The association of central obesity with type 2 diabetes among Koreans according to the serum gamma-glutamyltransferase level: Korean genome and epidemiology study]Ji Yeon Shin
Department of Preventive Medicine, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, Korea
J Prev Med Public Health 42:386-91. 2009This cross-sectional study was performed to examine if the serum gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) level that is within its normal range is associated with the risk of type 2 diabetes and if the association between the waist hip ratio (WHR)..
- Hepatic technetium-99m-mebrofenin iminodiacetate scans and serum gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase levels interpreted in series to differentiate between extrahepatic biliary atresia and neonatal hepatitisN K Arora
Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Acta Paediatr 90:975-81. 2001Hepatic technetium-99m-mebrofenin iminodiacetate (99mTc-mebrofenin IDA) scans and serum gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGTP) have high sensitivity for extrahepatic biliary atresia (EHBA)...
- Joint effects of coffee consumption and serum gamma-glutamyltransferase on the risk of liver cancerGang Hu
Department of Public Health, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Hepatology 48:129-36. 2008..No prospective studies on the association between serum gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) and liver cancer risk have been reported...
- Serum gamma-glutamyltransferase activity is increased in patients with calcific aortic valve stenosisHuseyin Bozbas
Baskent University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Cardiology, Ankara, Turkey
J Heart Valve Dis 17:371-5. 2008A growing body of data indicates an independent association between serum gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) activity, a marker of increased oxidative stress, and cardiovascular diseases...
- Nonlinear free energy relationship in the general-acid-catalyzed acylation of rat kidney gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase by a series of gamma-glutamyl anilide substrate analoguesA Menard
Departement de Chimie, Universite de Montreal, C P 6128, Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3J7
Biochemistry 40:12678-85. 2001The gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) purified from rat kidney reacts with a series of eight parasubstituted L-glutamyl gamma-anilides, in the presence of Gly-Gly, catalyzing the formation of gamma-Glu-Gly-Gly (pH 8.0, 37 degrees C)...
- Dissimilarity in aflatoxin dose-response relationships between DNA adduct formation and development of preneoplastic foci in rat liverM Root
Biomar International, Inc, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
Chem Biol Interact 106:213-27. 1997..Earlier work also showed that after ten daily doses the AFB dose-response relationship with gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) positive preneoplastic foci measured at 3 months was sublinear, with a threshold at a dose of about ..
- The gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase inhibitor acivicin preserves glutathione released by astroglial cells in cultureR Dringen
Physiologisch chemisches Institut der Universität, Tubingen
Neurochem Res 22:727-33. 1997..of the glutathione concentration in the incubation medium was found if the astroglial ectoenzyme gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase was inhibited by acivicin...
- The -1438A/G polymorphism in the 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 2A gene is related to hyperuricemia, increased gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase and decreased high-density lipoprotein cholesterol level in the Japanese population: a prospective cohort study overYasushi Suwazono
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine A2, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Int J Mol Med 17:77-82. 2006..0 mg/dl, gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase > or =60 IU/l in males and > or =30 IU/l in females...
- Structure of the 5' sequences of the human gamma-glutamyltransferase geneA Visvikis
Centre du Medicament, EA 3117, Faculté de Pharmacie UHP Nancy 1, 30 rue Lionnois, 54000 Nancy, France
Eur J Biochem 268:317-25. 2001In humans, five distinct mRNAs code for gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT). Their coding regions are identical and their 5' untranslated regions exhibit both common and type-specific sequences...
- Slow-binding inhibition of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase by gamma-boroGluR L Stein
Department of Chemical Enzymology, DuPont Pharmaceuticals Company, Wilmington, Delaware 19880, USA
Biochemistry 40:5804-11. 2001gamma-Glutamyl transpeptidase (gammaGTase) catalyzes the transfer of the gamma-glutamyl moiety of gamma-glutamyl-derived peptides, such as glutathione (gammaGlu-Cys-Gly), and anilides, such as gamma-glutamyl-7-amido-4-methylcoumarin (..
- Activation of the gamma-glutamyltransferase promoter 2 in the rat colon carcinoma cell line CC531 by histone deacetylase inhibitors is mediated through the Sp1 binding motifIdun Merete Mikkelsen
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Institute of Medical Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tromsø, N 9037 Tromsø, Norway
Biochem Pharmacol 64:307-15. 2002The single-copy gene for rat gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) encodes at least seven distinct mRNAs that differ in their 5'-untranslated regions only...
- Increased serum gamma-glutamyl-transpeptidase concentration is associated with nonalcoholic steatosis and not with cholestasis in patients with chronic hepatitis CFederica Benini
Gastroenterology Unit, Department of Medicine, Spedali Civili and University, Brescia, Italy
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:1621-6. 2007..The mechanism involved in this phenomenon is unclear, and the aim of this study was to investigate factors associated with increased gammaGT levels, specifically looking at the role of cholestasis that frequently accompanies hepatitis C...
- A kinetic study of gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT)-mediated S-nitrosoglutathione catabolismValeria Angeli
National Research Council CNR, Inst for Chemico Physical Processes, Laboratory of Instrumental Analytical Chemistry, Via G Moruzzi 1 56124 Pisa, Italy
Arch Biochem Biophys 481:191-6. 2009..It is known that gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) is one of the enzymes involved in the enzyme-mediated decomposition of GSNO, but no kinetics ..
- Alanine aminotransferase, gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) and all-cause mortality: results from a population-based Danish twins study alanine aminotransferase, GGT and mortality in elderly twinsAbigail Fraser
Department of Social Medicine, MRC Centre for Causal Analysis in Translational Epidemiology, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 2BN, UK
Liver Int 29:1494-9. 2009Alanine aminotransferase (ALT) and gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) are widely used markers of liver disease. Several population-based cohort studies have found associations of these liver enzymes with all-cause mortality...
- Relationship between gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase activity and garlic greening, as controlled by temperatureLei Li
College of Food Science and Nutritional Engineering, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100083, China
J Agric Food Chem 56:941-5. 2008..into a tie connected between storage temperature and garlic greening, it was detected if the gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) activity correlated with garlic greening because the activity of this enzyme is very sensitive to ..
- The Early Detection of Alcohol Consumption (EDAC) test shows better performance than gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) to detect heavy drinking in a large population of males and femalesJames Harasymiw
Alcohol Detection Services, Big Bend, WI, USA
Med Sci Monit 13:PI19-24. 2007..the effectiveness of using the Early Detection of Alcohol Consumption (EDAC) test versus gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) to screen for heavy drinking in the general population...
- High prevalence of elevated liver enzymes in blood donors: associations with male gender and central adiposityGeorge V Papatheodoridis
Hellenic Foundation for Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Athens, Greece
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:281-7. 2007....
- The gene encoding gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase II in the fission yeast is regulated by oxidative and metabolic stressHyun Jung Kang
Division of Life Sciences, College of Natural Sciences, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, Korea
J Biochem Mol Biol 38:609-18. 2005gamma-Glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT, EC 22.214.171.124.) catalyzes the transfer of the gamma-glutamyl moiety from gamma-glutamylcontaining compounds, notably glutathione (GSH), to acceptor amino acids and peptides...
- Relationship between gamma-glutamyltransferase, lipids and lipoprotein(a) in the general populationGiuseppe Lippi
Sezione di Chimica Clinica, Dipartimento di Scienze Morfologico Biomediche, Universita degli Studi di Verona, Italy
Clin Chim Acta 384:163-6. 2007..epidemiological studies have shown a convincing association between increased gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) activity and components of the metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, hypertension, ischaemic stroke and myocardial ..
- Enhanced gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase expression and selective loss of CuZn superoxide dismutase in hepatic iron overloadK E Brown
Gastroenterology Section, John Cochran VAMC, St Louis University Health Sciences Center, Mo 63110 0250, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 24:545-55. 1998..7-fold), and hydroxyproline (1.5-fold). Total glutathione content was unchanged by iron, but gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase activity (GGT) increased sixfold and CuZn superoxide dismutase (CuZnSOD) activity decreased >9%...
- Mechanistic study of BNP7787-mediated cisplatin nephroprotection: modulation of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidaseFrederick H Hausheer
BioNumerik Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 8122 Datapoint Drive, Suite 1250, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 65:941-51. 2010..to the potential prevention of cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity involves the inhibition of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) activity, mediated by BNP7787-derived mesna-disulfide heteroconjugates that contain a terminal ..
- Relation of Gamma-glutamyltransferase and alcohol drinking with incident diabetes: the HIPOP-OHP studyAtsushi Hozawa
Department of Health Science, Shiga University of Medical Science, Otsu, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 17:195-202. 2010Gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) is known to correlate well with alcohol consumption; however, the relation between GGT and diabetes and that between alcohol consumption and diabetes mellitus (DM) is inconsistent...
- Relationship between alcohol drinking and aspartate aminotransferase:alanine aminotransferase (AST:ALT) ratio, mean corpuscular volume (MCV), gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT), and apolipoprotein A1 and B in the U.S. populationSuthat Liangpunsakul
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine, and Clarian Digestive Disease Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, and Roudebush Veterans Administration Medical Center, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 5124, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 71:249-52. 2010..Several blood tests, such as those testing for gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) or mean corpuscular volume (MCV), are among the commonly used markers to identify very heavy ..
- Prospective study of the association of serum gamma-glutamyltransferase with cervical intraepithelial neoplasia III and invasive cervical cancerAlexander M Strasak
Departments of Medical Statistics, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Cancer Res 70:3586-93. 2010Epidemiologic studies indicate that elevated levels of gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT), a key enzyme of glutathione metabolism, might be associated with increased cancer risk...
- Gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase-deficient mice are resistant to the nephrotoxic effects of cisplatinM H Hanigan
Department of Cell Biology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
Am J Pathol 159:1889-94. 2001..cisplatin to glutathione and the subsequent metabolism of the cisplatin-glutathione complex via a gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT)-dependent pathway in the proximal tubules...
- Expression of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase in midgestation mouse yolk sac and mouse visceral yolk sac carcinoma cellsA R Sepulveda
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Exp Cell Res 219:494-8. 1995gamma-Glutamyl transpeptidase (gamma GT) is a crucial enzyme for the metabolism of xenobiotics and endogenous mediators of biological functions (leukotrienes, prostaglandins, and hepoxillins)...
- Characterization and regulation of the gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase gene from the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombeHey Jung Park
Division of Life Sciences, Kangwon National University, College of Natural Sciences, Chuncheon, Korea
Can J Microbiol 50:61-6. 2004The structural gene for the putative gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) was isolated from the chromosomal DNA of the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe...
- Development and evaluation of a boronate inhibitor of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidaseR E London
Laboratory of Structural Biology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 385:250-8. 2001Gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (gamma-GT) plays a central role in the metabolism of glutathione and is also a marker for neoplasia and cell transformation...
- A gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase-independent pathway of glutathione catabolism to glutamate via 5-oxoproline in ArabidopsisNaoko Ohkama-Ohtsu
Department of Genetics, Development, and Cell Biology, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011, USA
Plant Physiol 148:1603-13. 2008..metabolized through the gamma-glutamyl cycle, where GSH is degraded by the sequential reaction of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT), gamma-glutamyl cyclotransferase, and 5-oxoprolinase to yield glutamate (Glu) and dipeptides that ..
- gamma -glutamyltransferase and its isoform mediate an endoplasmic reticulum stress responseM Joyce-Brady
Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 276:9468-77. 2001Although use of multiple alternative first exons generates unique noncoding 5'-ends for gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) cDNAs in several species, we show here that alternative splicing events also alter coding exons in mouse GGT to ..
- Characterization of a second gene encoding gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase from Schizosaccharomyces pombeHey Jung Park
Division of Life Sciences, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, Korea
Can J Microbiol 51:269-75. 2005The first gene encoding gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGTI) of the fission yeast has previously been characterized, and its expression was found to be regulated by various oxidative stress-inducing agents...
- Relationship between soluble CD40 ligand and gamma-glutamyltransferase concentrations in non-drinking, young Type 1 diabetic individualsG Zoppini
Department of Biomedical and Surgical Sciences, Section of Clinical Chemistry, Section of Endocrinology, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Diabet Med 25:1283-8. 2008To assess the association between circulating levels of soluble CD40 ligand (sCD40L), an emerging cardiovascular risk factor, and gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) activity concentrations in Type 1 diabetic subjects.
- 4-Hydroxynonenal induces rat gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase through mitogen-activated protein kinase-mediated electrophile response element/nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 signalingHongqiao Zhang
Department of Environmental Health Science, School of Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 34:174-81. 2006Gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) plays critical roles in glutathione homeostasis and metabolism...
- The effect of modulation of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase and nitric oxide synthase activity on GSH homeostasis in HepG2 cellsInga Kwiecień
Medical Biochemistry Department, Collegium Medium, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 21:95-103. 2007High glutathione (GSH) level and elevated gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (gammaGT) activity are hallmarks of tumor cells. Toxicity of drugs and radiation to the cells is largely dependent on the level of thiols...
- Biochemical characteristics of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase in capillaries from entorhinohippocampal complex of quinolinate-lesioned rat brainF Stastny
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
Mol Chem Neuropathol 32:143-61. 1997..Using changes in the activity of membrane-bound gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) as a marker of cell damage, we found a significant decrease of this enzyme activity, which was ..
- Modulation of rat epididymal gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase by nonylphenolsP C Lee
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53226, USA
Xenobiotica 30:771-9. 2000..6. It is suggested that NP impair gamma-GTP expression in the epididymis of developing male rat and act in part via the oestrogen receptor...
- gamma-glutamyl leukotrienase, a gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase gene family member, is expressed primarily in spleenB Z Carter
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 273:28277-85. 1998..GGL and gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase constitute a small gene family...
- A novel, species-specific class of uncompetitive inhibitors of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidaseJarrod B King
Department of Cell Biology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
J Biol Chem 284:9059-65. 2009Expression of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) in tumors contributes to resistance to radiation and chemotherapy. GGT is inhibited by glutamine analogues that compete with the substrate for the gamma-glutamyl binding site...
- Elevated serum GGT concentrations predict reduced insulin sensitivity and increased intrahepatic lipidsC Thamer
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Eberhard Karls University, Tubingen, Germany
Horm Metab Res 37:246-51. 2005Elevated serum gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) concentrations have been related to features of the metabolic syndrome as well as increased risk of cardiovascular and liver disease...
- Thyroid hormone modulates the expression of rat liver gammaglutamyltranspeptidase activityA Voci
Instituto di Fisiologia Generale, , Italy
Horm Metab Res 26:133-6. 1994Gammaglutamyltranspeptidase (GGT) activity is considered as a marker of liver phenotype, being maximally expressed in fetal liver and virtually absent in adult mature tissue...
- Prevalence of alcohol and drug abuse in schizophrenic inpatientsM Soyka
Psychiatric Hospital, University of Munich, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 242:362-72. 1993..Alcoholism Screening Test (MALT), a physical examination and the screening of various laboratory parameters such as GGT and MCV, among others. The results show that substance abuse is a very common problem in schizophrenics...
- Ultrastructural features of danazol-induced cholestasis: a case studyD Alvaro
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, Italy
Ultrastruct Pathol 20:491-5. 1996..of the severe increase in serum bilirubin and total serum bile salts, transaminases were only slightly elevated and GGT and alkaline phosphatases were almost normal...
- Progressive effects of malachite green at varying concentrations on the development of N-nitrosodiethylamine induced hepatic preneoplastic lesions in ratsK V Rao
Cellular Carcinogenesis Laboratory, Cancer Research Institute, Tata Memorial Centre, Parel, Bombay, India
Tumori 82:280-6. 1996..on the basis of morphological appearance of the livers, liver weight profile, histological pattern and quantitative GGT activity...
- Triiodothyronine decreases gammaglutamyltranspeptidase expression in cultured rat hepatocytesI Demori
Istituto di Fisiologia Generale, , Italy
Horm Metab Res 27:221-5. 1995Recently, an increase in gammaglutamyltranspeptidase (GGT) activity and mRNA in liver of hypothyroid rats has been reported...
- Comparison of two newly identified tumor markers (CAR-3 and DU-PAN-2) with CA 19-9 in patients with pancreatic cancerC Ferrara
Istituto di Medicina Interna,
Tumori 77:56-60. 1991..Correlations were found between the behavior of all three markers and that of the cholestasis indices (ALP and GGT)...
- [Signal averaging electrocardiography in chronic alcoholism]G Pochmalicki
Service de cardiologie, , Provins
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 91:309-14. 1998..02). Finally, the presence of LP was also related to the following biological abnormalities: GGT (p = 0.027), ASAT (p = 0.046), ALAT (p = 0.039)...
- An in vivo study of tricalcium phosphate and glutaraldehyde crosslinking gelatin conduits in peripheral nerve repairMing Hong Chen
Institute of Biomedical Engineering, National Taiwan University, No 1, Sec 1, Jen Ai Road, Taipei, Taiwan
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 77:89-97. 2006..developed a biodegradable composite composed by tricalcium phosphate and glutaraldehyde crosslinking gelatin (GTG) feasible for surgical manipulation...
- Revisiting predictors of virologic response to PEGIFN + RBV therapy in HIV-/HCV-coinfected patients: the role of metabolic factors and elevated GGT levelsM Mandorfer
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine III, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria Vienna HIV and Liver Study Group, Vienna, Austria
J Viral Hepat 21:33-41. 2014Evaluation of metabolic factors and elevated γ-glutamyltransferase (GGT) levels as independent predictors of treatment failure in a thoroughly documented cohort of HIV-/HCV-coinfected patients (HIV/HCV)...
- Influence of platelet γ-glutamyltransferase on oxidative stress and apoptosis in the presence of holo-transferrinA Sener
Biochemistry Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey
Folia Biol (Praha) 58:193-202. 2012..Glutamyltransferase (GGT), a novel source of cellular production of oxidants in the presence of iron and reduced ..
- Gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase activity alters the T cell response to oxidative stress and Fas-induced apoptosisMargaret L Carlisle
Simmons Arthritis Research Center, Department of Internal Medicine, UT Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Int Immunol 15:17-27. 2003The ectoenzyme gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) is absent on resting naive peripheral blood T cells, highly expressed upon stimulation and intermediate on resting memory T cells...
- Effects of Helicobacter suis γ-glutamyl transpeptidase on lymphocytes: modulation by glutamine and glutathione supplementation and outer membrane vesicles as a putative delivery route of the enzymeGuangzhi Zhang
Department of Pathology, Bacteriology and Avian Diseases, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Merelbeke, Belgium
PLoS ONE 8:e77966. 2013..This study describes the effect on various lymphocytes of the γ-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) from H. suis. Compared to whole cell lysate from wild-type H. suis, lysate from a H...
- γ-Glutamyltransferase catabolism of S-nitrosoglutathione modulates IL-8 expression in cystic fibrosis bronchial epithelial cellsAlessandro Corti
Department of Translational Research and New Technologies in Medicine and Surgery, Medical School, University of Pisa, 56126 Pisa, Italy Electronic address
Free Radic Biol Med 65:360-70. 2013..Glutamyltransferase (GGT) enzyme activity can hydrolyze the γ-glutamyl bond present in the GSNO molecule thus greatly accelerating the ..
- Tricalcium phosphate and glutaraldehyde crosslinked gelatin incorporating bone morphogenetic protein--a viable scaffold for bone tissue engineeringShu Hua Yang
Institute of Biomedical Engineering, College of Engineering and College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 74:468-75. 2005..A tricalcium phosphate and glutaraldehyde crosslinked gelatin (GTG) scaffold, incorporated with bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs), was developed to provide an alternative mean of ..
- Phenotypic characterization of Ggt1(dwg/dwg) mice,a mouse model for hereditary γ-glutamyltransferase deficiencyKaoru Yamada
Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, 1 1 1 Tsushima naka, Kita ku, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
Exp Anim 62:151-7. 2013..we conclude that the abnormalities of Ggt1(dwg/dwg) mice are caused by alteration of the GSH levels due to the depression of GGT1 activity and that Ggt1(dwg/dwg) mice will be a useful model for GGT deficiency with peculiar features.
- γ-Glutamyltransferases (GGT) in Colletotrichum graminicola: mRNA and enzyme activity, and evidence that CgGGT1 allows glutathione utilization during nitrogen deficiencyMarco H Bello
Department of Plant Pathology, University of California, Davis, CA 95616 8680, USA
Fungal Genet Biol 51:72-83. 2013Gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT, EC 126.96.36.199) cleaves the γ-glutamyl linkage in glutathione (GSH). Three GGTs in the hemibiotrophic plant pathogen Colletotrichum graminicola were identified in silico...
- Cytochrome P450-mediated herb-drug interaction potential of Galgeun-tangSang Yoon Lee
College of Pharmacy, Chungnam National University, Daejeon 305 764, Republic of Korea
Food Chem Toxicol 51:343-9. 2013We evaluated the herb-drug interaction potential of Galgeun-tang (GGT) extracts, mediated by cytochrome P450 (CYP) inhibition/induction...
- Anti-viral activity of water extract of Paeonia lactiflora pallas against human respiratory syncytial virus in human respiratory tract cell linesTzeng Jih Lin
Department of Emergency Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, College of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung 80708, Taiwan
Am J Chin Med 41:585-99. 2013..lactiflora, Ranunculaceae) is a common ingredient of Sheng-Ma-Ge-Gen-Tang (SMGGT; Shoma-kakkon-to) and Ge-Gen-Tang (GGT; kakkon-to)...
- Fatty liver index, gamma-glutamyltransferase, and early carotid plaquesMichaela Kozakova
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Hepatology 55:1406-15. 2012..and FH-CVD, higher blood pressure, plasma low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, glucose, gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT), and hsCRP, as compared to subjects without plaques (P < 0.05)...
- Gamma-glutamyltransferase levels and risk of metabolic syndrome: a meta-analysis of prospective cohort studiesC F Liu
Department of Geriatrics, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200001, China
Int J Clin Pract 66:692-8. 2012Several epidemiological studies suggested that gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) levels may be associated with risk of Metabolic Syndrome (MetS). However, the exact association between them is still not fully clear...
- Bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis is attenuated in gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase-deficient miceAnnie Pardo
Instituto Nacional de Enfermedades Respiratorias, Tlalpan 4502, Col Seccion XVI, Mexico DF, CP 14080, Mexico
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 167:925-32. 2003To investigate repair mechanisms in bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis, we used mice deficient in gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT-/-), a key enzyme in glutathione (GSH) and cysteine metabolism. Seventy-two hours after bleomycin (0...
- Probing the donor and acceptor substrate specificity of the γ-glutamyl transpeptidaseXin Hu
Biotechnology HPC Software Applications Institute, Telemedicine and Advanced Technology Research Center, US Army Medical Research and Materiel Command, Fort Detrick, Maryland 21702, United States
Biochemistry 51:1199-212. 2012b>Glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) is a two-substrate enzyme that plays a central role in glutathione metabolism and is a potential target for drug design...
- Relationship of serum gamma-glutamyltransferase to atherogenic dyslipidemia and glycemic control in type 2 diabetesGiacomo Zoppini
Section of Endocrinology, Department of Biomedical and Surgical Sciences, University Hospital of Verona, Verona, Italy
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:370-4. 2009We evaluated possible interactions between BMI and serum gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) concentration and their effects on the prevalence of poor glycemic control and common comorbidities of diabetes...
- Role of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase in redox regulation of K+ channel remodeling in postmyocardial infarction rat heartsMing Qi Zheng
Department of Cellular and Integrative Physiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5850, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 297:C253-62. 2009gamma-Glutamyl transpeptidase (gamma-GT) is a key enzyme in GSH metabolism that regulates intracellular GSH levels in response to extracellular GSH (GSH(o))...
- Production of bioactive γ-glutamyl transpeptidase in Escherichia coli using SUMO fusion partner and application of the recombinant enzyme to L-theanine synthesisQi Wang
Jiangsu Province Key Laboratory for Molecular and Medicine Biotechnology, College of Life Science, Nanjing Normal University, No 1 Wenyuan Road, Nanjing 210046, Jiangsu, People s Republic of China
Curr Microbiol 62:1535-41. 2011..enzymatic method for the synthesis of L-theanine involving recombinant Escherichia coli γ-glutamyltranspeptidase (GGT) has been developed...
- Prevalence and prognostic significance of elevated gamma-glutamyltransferase in chronic heart failureGerhard Poelzl
Clinical Division of Cardiology and the Department of Medical Statistics, Informatics and Health Economics, Innsbruck Medical University, Austria
Circ Heart Fail 2:294-302. 2009Serum gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) is associated with incident cardiovascular diseases and is a potential risk factor for disease mortality. We investigated the relevance of circulating GGT in chronic heart failure.
- H2S PRODUCTION AND VIRULENCE OF TREPONEMA DENTICOLALianrui Chu; Fiscal Year: 2007..identified three enzymes that are required for the successful metabolism of glutathione: gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT), cysteinylglycinase (CGase), and cystalysin...
- SIGNIFICANCE OF GGT EXPRESSION IN TUMORSMARIE HANIGAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..The studies funded by this grant have revealed that the enzyme gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase is essential for the nephrotoxicity of cisplatin, but induces resistance to cisplatin in rapidly growing ..
- BIOCHEMISTRY OF HYPERTHERMIC CELLULAR INACTIVATIONMichael Freeman; Fiscal Year: 1993..such as BSO or adriamycin and the rate of GSH synthesis, the activity and mRNA levels of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase and gamma-glutamyl cysteine synthetase, the activity of GSH reductase, rate of GSH turnover and efflux ..
- Novel Ex Vivo Gene Therapy for Spinal Cord InjuryAlpa Trivedi; Fiscal Year: 2004..Gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT); a marker for Sertoli cells, we be quantified using a standard enzyme assay...
- The Role of Gelatinase A in Interstitial FibrosisSunfa Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2005..Using the mouse gamma- glutamyl transpeptidase II promoter, the tetracycline transactivator protein (tTA) will be restricted to the proximal tubules...
- GENE REGULATION OF EPIDIDYMAL GSH-METABOLIZING ENZYMESBARRY HINTON; Fiscal Year: 1999..This study will examine how the expression of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) and dipeptidase (DP) mRNAs, two enzymes that play a critical role in the metabolism of the ..
- GLUTATHIONE MODULATION OF ALKYLAYTORS IN MEDULLOBLASTOMAHenry Friedman; Fiscal Year: 1993..xenografts in athymic nude mice, 2) to define the effects of gamma-glutamylcysteine synthetase and gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase inhibitors on the activity and toxicity of nitrogen mustard- based alkylating agents in the treatment of ..
- HEALTH EFFECTS OF DENTAL AMALGAMS IN CHILDRENSonja McKinlay; Fiscal Year: 2005..mercury levels; a dip-stick screening test for urinary protein (confirmed by albumin level); and gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (gamma-GTP)...
- Red Blood Cell S-nitrosothiols and OxygenationJONATHAN STAMLER; Fiscal Year: 2009..reductase; 4) the delivery of NO-based bioactivity by RBCs entails an essential role for gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase. Understanding how RBCs regulate the coordinated pulmonary vascular and airway responses that optimize ..
- Red Blood Cell S-nitrosothiols and OxygenationJonathan S Stamler; Fiscal Year: 2010..reductase;4) the delivery of NO-based bioactivity by RBCs entails an essential role for gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase. Understanding how RBCs regulate the coordinated pulmonary vascular and airway responses that optimize ..
- GENE REGULATION OF EPIDIDYMAL GSH METABOLIZING ENZYMESBARRY HINTON; Fiscal Year: 2004..Gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) is an enzyme that plays a critical role in the metabolism of the antioxidant glutathione (GSH)...
- BENZENE METABOLITES AND HEMATOTOXICITYTERRENCE MONKS; Fiscal Year: 2004..in response to HQ-GSH conjugates, (iii) test the hypothesis that metabolite-induced changes in gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase activity (GGT), dipeptidase activity, cysteine transport, and GSH concentrations, precipitate ..
- Regulation of Hypoxia Inducible Factor-1 by Nitric OxideLisa Palmer; Fiscal Year: 2004..In testing this third hypothesis, we will control the effects of hypoxia on the gamma glutamyl transpeptidase knockout mouse...
- S-NITROSOTHIOL BREAKDOWN BY AIRWAY EPITHELIAL CELLSBenjamin Gaston; Fiscal Year: 2003..catabolism of S-nitrosoglutathione, including glutathione-dependent formaldehyde dehydrogenase and gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase. S-nitrosothiol biochemistry may be involved in the regulation of a broad spectrum of bioactivities in ..
- S-NITROSOTHIOL BREAKDOWN BY AIRWAY EPITHELIAL CELLSBenjamin Gaston; Fiscal Year: 2006..catabolism of S-nitrosoglutathione, including glutathione-dependent formaldehyde dehydrogenase and gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase. S-nitrosothiol biochemistry may be involved in the regulation of a broad spectrum of bioactivities in ..