Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: glutaminyl cyclase
Description: glutaminyl-peptide cyclotransferase
Alias: GCT, sQC, glutaminyl cyclase, glutaminyl-tRNA cyclotransferase, glutamyl cyclase
Publications153 found, 100 shown here
- Sexually dimorphic duct system of the submandibular gland in mouse with testicular feminization mutation (Tfm/Y)K Sawada
Department of Regulation Biology, Faculty of Science, Saitama University, Urawa, Japan
Acta Anat (Basel) 143:241-5. 1992..In either 30- or 90-day-old wild-type male mice, the granular convoluted tubules (GCT) of the glands were more developed, and the relative occupied areas (ROA) of GCT were superior to those of the age-..
- Distinct glutaminyl cyclase expression in Edinger-Westphal nucleus, locus coeruleus and nucleus basalis Meynert contributes to pGlu-Abeta pathology in Alzheimer's diseaseMarkus Morawski
University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Acta Neuropathol 120:195-207. 2010b>Glutaminyl cyclase (QC) was discovered recently as the enzyme catalyzing the pyroglutamate (pGlu or pE) modification of N-terminally truncated Alzheimer's disease (AD) Abeta peptides in vivo...
- CCAAT/enhancer binding protein beta is up-regulated in giant cell tumor of bone and regulates RANKL expressionPatrick Kwok Shing Ng
School of Biomedical Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong SAR
J Cell Biochem 110:438-46. 2010Giant cell tumor (GCT) of bone is an aggressive non-cancerous tumor, which consists of multi-nucleated osteoclast-like giant cells, stromal cells, and monocytes...
- Primary chemotherapy for intracranial germ cell tumors: results of the third international CNS germ cell tumor studyNasjla Saba da Silva
Department of Pediatric Oncology, IOP GRAACC UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Pediatr Blood Cancer 54:377-83. 2010The treatment of central nervous system (CNS) germ cell tumors (GCT) remains controversial...
- Evaluation of fasting and random plasma glucose for diagnosis of gestational diabetesSikandar Hayat Khan
Department of Pathology, PNS Rahat Hospital, Karachi
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 19:718-22. 2009To compare different cut-off values of fasting and random plasma glucose as a screening test for diagnosis of gestational diabetes in comparison to the 50 grams Glucose Challenge Test (GCT).
- An enzyme(s) that converts glutaminyl-peptides into pyroglutamyl-peptides. Presence in pituitary, brain, adrenal medulla, and lymphocytesW H Busby
J Biol Chem 262:8532-6. 1987..These findings indicate that in vivo the post-translational conversion of a glutaminyl-peptide into a pyroglutamyl-peptide is neither spontaneous nor abiotic as has been previously proposed...
- Glutaconate CoA-transferase from Acidaminococcus fermentans: the crystal structure reveals homology with other CoA-transferasesU Jacob
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Abteilung Strukturforschung, Am Klopferspitz 18a, D 82152, Martinsried, Germany
Structure 5:415-26. 1997..We describe here the crystal structure of glutaconate CoA-transferase (GCT) from the strictly anaerobic bacterium Acidaminococcus fermentans...
- Should high-dose chemotherapy be used to consolidate second or third line treatment in relapsing germ cell tumours?J Shamash
Department of Medical Oncology, School of Medicine and Dentistry, St Bartholomew s and Royal London Hospitals, Queen Mary and Westfield College, Smithfield, UK
Acta Oncol 39:857-63. 2000Thirty consecutive patients with relapsing germ cell tumours (GCT) were treated with induction chemotherapy and high-dose chemotherapy consolidation (HDCT)...
- Long bones giant cells tumors: treatment by curretage and cavity filling cementationN Fraquet
Bone and Joint Unit, Hôtel Dieu Teaching Medical Center, Place A Ricordeau, 44093 Nantes Cedex, France
Orthop Traumatol Surg Res 95:402-6. 2009Giant cell tumors (GCT) of bone are benign tumors with local aggressiveness that most of the time occur around the metaphyseal area of long bones, often in contact with the articular cartilage...
- Sequential dose-intensive paclitaxel, ifosfamide, carboplatin, and etoposide salvage therapy for germ cell tumor patientsR J Motzer
Genitourinary Oncology, Nuclear Medicine, and Renal Services, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 18:1173-80. 2000..administered plus peripheral blood-derived stem-cell (PBSC) support for patients with germ cell tumors (GCT) who have unfavorable prognostic features in response to conventional-dose salvage programs...
- [Pregnant outcomes and neonatal anthropometry in women with abnormal glucose challenge test and normal oral glucose tolerance test during pregnancy.]Hai Tian Chen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat sen University, Guangzhou 510080, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 44:801-4. 2009To evaluate the influences of abnormal glucose challenge test(GCT) on pregnancy outcomes and neonatal anthropometric data in women with normal oral glucose tolerance test(OGTT).
- Giant cell tumor of the cervical spine: a series of 22 cases and outcomesMa Junming
The Spine Center, Changzheng Hospital, The Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:280-8. 2008..A consecutive series of 22 giant cell tumor (GCTs) of the cervical spine which underwent surgical treatment was observed from 1990-2003...
- Removal of N-terminal polyhistidine tags from recombinant proteins using engineered aminopeptidasesJ Pedersen
UNIZYME Laboratories, Dr Neergaards vej 17, Horsholm, DK 2970, Denmark
Protein Expr Purif 15:389-400. 1999..the aminopeptidase dipeptidyl peptidase I (DPPI), either alone or in combination with glutamine cyclotransferase (GCT) and pyroglutamyl aminopeptidase (PGAP)...
- Cluster analysis of p53 and Ki67 expression, apoptosis, alpha-fetoprotein, and human chorionic gonadotrophin indicates a favorable prognostic subgroup within the embryonal carcinoma germ cell tumorMadhu Mazumdar
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 307 E 63rd St, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:2679-88. 2003..information provided by alpha-fetoprotein and human chorionic gonadotrophin in the management of germ cell tumor (GCT) patients is a biochemical reflection of tumor differentiation...
- Morphologic features of human chorionic gonadotropin- or alpha-fetoprotein-producing germ cell tumors of the central nervous system: histological heterogeneity and surgical meaningK Sugiyama
Department of Neurosurgery, Hiroshima University Medical Hospital, Japan
Brain Tumor Pathol 18:115-22. 2001Our study of germ cell tumors (GCT) of the central nervous system (CNS) investigated the relationship between tumor histology and patient serum titers of human chorionic gonadotropin (HGC) and alpha-fetoprotein (AFP)...
- Regulation of MMP-9 (92 kDa type IV collagenase/gelatinase B) expression in stromal cells of human giant cell tumor of boneV H Rao
Meyer Rehabilitation Institute and Department of Pediatrics, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha 68198, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 15:400-9. 1997..Recently, we have identified the expression of both MMP-2 and MMP-9 in primary cultures of human giant cell tumor (GCT) of bone in vitro, and in tissue extracts in vivo. Interestingly, MMP-9 is not secreted by late-passaged GCT cells...
- Additive and/or synergistic action (downregulation) of androgens and thyroid hormones on the cellular distribution and localization of a true tissue kallikrein, mK1, in the mouse submandibular glandShingo Kurabuchi
Dept of Histology, Nippon Dental University School of Dentistry at Tokyo, Fujimi 1 9 20, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 102 8159, Japan
J Histochem Cytochem 52:1437-46. 2004..T(3)), and dexamethasone (Dex) on the expression of mK1 in the granular convoluted tubule (GCT) cells of the submandibular gland (SMG) of hypophysectomized (Hypox) male mice by indirect enzyme-labeled antibody ..
- False-positive 1-hour glucose challenge test and adverse perinatal outcomesDavid M Stamilio
Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Obstet Gynecol 103:148-56. 2004To determine whether a false-positive 1-hour glucose challenge test (GCT) is associated with perinatal complications.
- Can adiponectin predict gestational diabetes?Sawaek Weerakiet
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Gynecol Endocrinol 22:362-8. 2006..and number of fetuses by ultrasound, all women underwent a 1-h glucose challenge test with 50 g glucose load (50-g GCT) between 21 and 27 weeks of GA...
- False-negative biopsies for the diagnosis of testicular intraepithelial neoplasia (TIN)--an updateK P Dieckmann
Urologische Abteilung, Albertinen Krankenhaus, Suentelstrasse 11a, D 22457, Hamburg, Germany
Eur Urol 43:516-21. 2003..neoplasia (TIN; or carcinoma in situ of the testis) is the precursor of testicular germ-cell tumours (GCT). It is detected by conventional surgical biopsy of the testis...
- Determinants of mild gestational hyperglycemia and gestational diabetes mellitus in a large dutch multiethnic cohortRob N M Weijers
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Haematology, Onze Lieve Vrouwe Gasthuis, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Diabetes Care 25:72-7. 2002....
- Stereotactic radiosurgery for pineal and related tumorsYoshimasa Mori
Nagoya Radiosurgery Center, Nagoya Kyoritsu Hospital, Nagoya, Japan
Prog Neurol Surg 23:106-18. 2009..The mean treatment volume was 3.3 ml (range 0.1-22 ml) in GCT cases and 3.7 ml (range 0.3-23 ml) in PPT cases. Prescribed doses around 50% isodose line ranged from 9.9 to 25...
- Effects of electrohydraulic extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy on submandibular gland in the rat: electron microscopic evaluationNuray Bayar
Kirikkale University, Faculty of Medicine, ENT Department, Kirikkale, Turkey
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 63:223-33. 2002..The aim of this experimental study is to investigate the local effects of electrohydraulic ESWL applied to the right submandibular gland of the rats...
- Interleukin-1beta upregulates MMP-9 expression in stromal cells of human giant cell tumor of boneV H Rao
Center for Human Molecular Genetics, Munroe Meyer Institute for Genetics and Rehabilitation, and the Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha 68198, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 19:1207-17. 1999Giant cell tumor (GCT) of bone is a progressive, potentially malignant process that destroys skeletal tissue...
- Giant cell tumor of bone: a model for the in vitro human osteoclast characterizationM Campanacci
Centro Interdipartimentale di Ricerche sul Cancro, Giorgio Prodi, , Italy
Tumori 75:389-95. 1989The in vitro growth pattern of cells obtained from bioptic material of ten patients with giant cell tumor of bone (GCT) was investigated...
- Silencing of the UCHL1 gene in giant cell tumors of boneJorg Fellenberg
Department of Experimental Orthopaedics, Orthopaedic University Hospital Heidelberg, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Cancer 127:1804-12. 2010..cells develop from mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) but little is known about the molecular mechanisms involved in GCT tumorigenesis...
- Evidence for the role of matrix metalloproteinase-13 in bone resorption by giant cell tumor of boneIsabella W Y Mak
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8V 5C2
Hum Pathol 41:1320-9. 2010Giant cell tumor of bone (GCT) is an aggressively osteolytic primary bone tumor that is characterized by the presence of abundant multinucleated osteoclast-like giant cells, hematopoietic monocytes, and a distinct mesenchymal stromal ..
- Use of fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography scans in patients with advanced germ cell tumour following chemotherapy: single-centre experience with long-term follow upC S Karapetis
Department of Medical Oncology, Guy s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Intern Med J 33:427-35. 2003..emission tomography (FDG-PET) may detect residual or recurrent malignancy in patients with germ cell tumours (GCT) following chemotherapy...
- The epidemiology of ovarian granulosa cell tumors: a case-control studyE A Boyce
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, USA
Gynecol Oncol 115:221-5. 2009This study identified risk factors for ovarian granulosa cell tumors (GCT) through a case-control study comparing women with GCT to women with epithelial ovarian cancers (OC) and general population (GP) controls.
- Simultaneous determination of catechins, rutin, and gallic acid in Cistus species extracts by HPLC with diode array detectionNatale Alfredo Santagati
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Università di Catania Viale A Doria 6, 95125 Catania, Italy
J Chromatogr Sci 46:150-6. 2008..for the simultaneous analysis of five major catechins: (+)-catechin (C), (-)-epicatechin (EC), (-)-gallocatechin (GCT), (-)-epigallocatechin (EGC), (-)-epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), and the phenolic plant metabolites gallic acid (..
- The epidemiology of malignant giant cell tumors of bone: an analysis of data from the Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results Program (1975-2004)Jennifer L Beebe-Dimmer
Karmanos Cancer Institute and Wayne State University Department of Internal Medicine, Detroit, MI
Rare Tumors 1:e52. 2009Malignant giant cell tumor (GCT) of bone is a rare tumor with debilitating consequences...
- Relationship between binuclear and multinuclear cells in giant cell tumor of boneK Kusuzaki
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Japan
Anticancer Res 20:2463-7. 2000Giant cell tumor of bone (GCT) consists of stromal and multinuclear type tumor cells...
- Germ cell tumors in the basal ganglia: problems of early diagnosis and treatmentYukihiko Sonoda
Department of Neurosurgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
J Neurosurg Pediatr 2:118-24. 2008..The authors investigated factors related to the diagnosis of these lesions as well as outcome in order to help decrease the time to diagnosis and improve treatment efficacy...
- Regular expression of osteopontin in granular cell tumor: distinctive feature among Schwannian cell tumorsNobuo Hoshi
Department of Pathology, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, Fukushima, Japan
Pathol Int 55:484-90. 2005For further characterization of S-100 protein-positive granular cell tumor (GCT), the expression of osteopontin (OPN) in the tumor cells was compared with other types of Schwannian cell tumors...
- Expression of c-Src and comparison of cytologic features in cherubism, central giant cell granuloma and giant cell tumorsChangning Wang
Key Laboratory of Oral Biomedical Engineering, Ministry of Education of China, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430079, P R China
Oncol Rep 15:589-94. 2006Cherubism (CBM) and central giant cell granuloma (CGCG) of the jaw and giant cell tumor (GCT) of the long bone are clinically different diseases. Histologically, they are all multinucleated giant cell (MGC)-containing lesions...
- Less advanced testicular dysgenesis is associated by a higher prevalence of germ cell neoplasiaA Guminska
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, Department of Andrology and Reproductive Endocrinology, Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Int J Androl 33:e153-62. 2010..aim of this study was to relate the incidence of testicular germ cell neoplastic lesions (overt germ cell tumours--GCT or testicular carcinoma in situ) to the intensity of testicular organogenesis disturbances (dysgenesis)...
- Expression of VEGF and MMP-9 in giant cell tumor of bone and other osteolytic lesionsS M Kumta
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N T Hongkong, China
Life Sci 73:1427-36. 2003..of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) in giant cell tumor of bone (GCT) and other osteolytic lesions in bone...
- Granulosa cell tumor of the ovarySusan Tinsley Schumer
Program in Gynecologic Medical Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:1180-9. 2003Adult granulosa cell tumor (GCT) of the ovary is oftentimes a hormonally active, stromal cell neoplasm that is distinguished by its ability to secrete sex steroids such as estrogen...
- Granular cell tumor of the penis shaft: case report and literature reviewA Dema
Department of Pathology, University of Medicine and Pharmacy V Babes, Timisoara, Romania
Chirurgia (Bucur) 104:359-62. 2009Granular cell tumors (GCT) are uncommon soft tissue neoplasms of presumed neural origin that rarely involve the male external genitalia. Penile lesions are distinctly uncommon with less than 20 cases reported till now.
- Identification of markers of possible prognostic value in 57 giant cell tumors of boneGabriella Gamberi
Laboratory of Oncologic Research, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, I 40136 Bologna, Italy
Oncol Rep 10:351-6. 2003Giant cell tumor of bone (GCT) is a neoplasm characterized by the presence of large numbers of multinucleated osteoclast-like giant cells, together with mononuclear spindle-shaped cells...
- Granular cell tumor of the cecum with extensive hyalinization and calcification: a case reportRan Hong
Department of Pathology, Chosun University School of Medicine, Gwangju 501 140, South Korea
World J Gastroenterol 15:3315-8. 2009A granular cell tumor (GCT) is a benign neoplasm of unclear histogenesis that is generally believed to be of nerve sheath origin...
- Gene expression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 in giant cell tumors of bone osteoclastoma: possible involvement in CD68+ macrophage-like cell migrationM H Zheng
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Western Australia, Nedlands, Australia
J Cell Biochem 70:121-9. 1998Giant cell tumor of bone (GCT) is one of a few neoplasms in which the macrophage/osteoclast precursor cells and osteoclast-like giant cells infiltrate the tumor mass...
- Human endogenous retrovirus (HERV)-K transcripts in gonadoblastomas and gonadoblastoma-derived germ cell tumoursH Herbst
Institut fur Pathologie, Universitatskrankenhaus Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Virchows Arch 434:11-5. 1999..abnormal or dysgenetic gonads, often transforming to invasive seminomatous and nonseminomatous germ cell tumours (GCT)...
- Juvenile granulosa cell tumor of the ovary presenting with pleural effusion and ascitesHarpreet Kaur
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research PGIMER, Chandigarh, India
Int J Clin Oncol 14:78-81. 2009Juvenile granulosa cell tumor (GCT) is a rare tumor, and the majority (90%) are reported in the prepubertal or under-30-year age group, in contrast to the adult type, which is more common in the fifth decade...
- Analysis of oral glucose tolerance test in pregnant women with abnormal glucose metabolismHui Xia Yang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 118:995-9. 2005..tolerance (GIGT) and to evaluate the effect of omission of the third-hour plasma glucose (PG) level in OGTT on the sensitivity of diagnosing GDM and GIGT, and the relationship between PG values of 50 g GCT or OGTT and insulin therapy.
- MHC class I chain-related gene a alleles distinguish malnutrition-modulated diabetes, insulin-dependent diabetes, and non-insulin- dependent diabetes mellitus patients from eastern IndiaC B Sanjeevi
Department of Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Ann N Y Acad Sci 958:341-4. 2002..Sequence determination of the MIC-A gene identifies trinucleotide repeat (GCT) microsatellite polymorphism in exon 5...
- Increased serum retinol-binding protein 4 concentrations in women with gestational diabetes mellitusTe Fu Chan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Graduate Institute of Medicine, College of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital
Reprod Sci 14:169-74. 2007..Serum RBP4 concentrations at glucose challenge test (GCT) were significantly higher in the GDM group (42.4 +/- 13.8 ng/mL) than in the healthy control group (32.0 +/- 8...
- Glucose intolerance in pregnancy and future risk of pre-diabetes or diabetesRavi Retnakaran
Leadership Sinai Centre for Diabetes, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Diabetes Care 31:2026-31. 2008....
- Granular cell tumor: immunohistochemical assessment of inhibin-alpha, protein gene product 9.5, S100 protein, CD68, and Ki-67 proliferative index with clinical correlationBrian H Le
Department of Pathology, Penn State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 128:771-5. 2004Granular cell tumor (GCT) is a rare tumor of nerve sheath origin with a predilection for upper aerodigestive tract, skin, and soft tissue...
- Inhibin-activin receptor subunit gene expression in ovarian tumorsPeter J Fuller
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research and Monash University, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Monash Medical Center, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:1395-401. 2002Granulosa cell tumors of the ovary (GCT) express the inhibin subunit genes and secrete dimeric inhibin. Transgenic mice null for the alpha-inhibin gene develop GCT...
- A newly developed gel centrifugation test for quantification of RBC-bound IgG antibodies and their subclasses IgG1 and IgG3: comparison with flow cytometryRainer Lynen
Department of Transfusion Medicine, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Transfusion 42:612-8. 2002Novel gel centrifugation test (GCT) cards were evaluated with respect to their ability to estimate the quantity of IgG on RBCs and the determination of the IgG subclasses IgG1 and IgG3.
- [Germ-cell tumors of the central nervous system in childhood: retrospective study of 13 patients]J Voirin
Service de Neurochirurgie, Departement de Neurochirurgie, bâtiment neurologique, Hopital Central, CHU de Nancy, 29, Avenue du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, C O n 34, 54035 Nancy Cedex, France
Neurochirurgie 54:55-62. 2008Germ cell tumors (GCT) of the central nervous system are rare (2% of all brain tumors in children)...
- A population-based risk factor scoring will decrease unnecessary testing for the diagnosis of gestational diabetes mellitusEray Caliskan
SSK Ankara Maternity and Women s Health Teaching Hospital, Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 83:524-30. 2004..To determine the effectiveness of a population-based risk factor scoring to decrease unnecessary testing for the diagnosis of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM)...
- TCam-2 but not JKT-1 cells resemble seminoma in cell cultureD Eckert
Abteilung für Entwicklungspathologie, Institut fur Pathologie, Universitat Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53127, Bonn, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 331:529-38. 2008Of all malignancies diagnosed in men between 17 and 45 years of age, 60% are germ cell tumors (GCT). GCT arise from carcinoma in situ cells, which are thought to originate from a transformed fetal germ cell, the gonocyte...
- Four thiol peroxidases contain a conserved GCT catalytic motif and act as a versatile array of lipid peroxidases in Anabaena sp. PCC7120Mee Kyung Cha
Department of Biochemistry, Paichai University, 439 6 Doma 2 Dong Seo Gu, Taejon 302 735, Republic of Korea
Free Radic Biol Med 42:1736-48. 2007..derived from various cyanobacteria genomes, we designated the seven putative TPx members as VCP, VCT, TCS, and GCT clusters according to the sequence of their conserved catalytic motif...
- Human glutaminyl cyclase and bacterial zinc aminopeptidase share a common fold and active siteRachell E Booth
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Texas State University San Marcos, San Marcos, TX 78666, USA
BMC Biol 2:2. 2004b>Glutaminyl cyclase (QC) forms the pyroglutamyl residue at the amino terminus of numerous secretory peptides and proteins. We previously proposed the mammalian QC has some features in common with zinc aminopeptidases...
- [Diagnostic of gestational diabetes mellitus and the prevalence of LGA (Large for Gestational Age)]Monika Szymanska
I Katedra i Klinika Połoznictwa i Ginekologii w Warszawie
Ginekol Pol 79:177-81. 2008..The aim of the study was to examine the influence of time and diagnostic method of GDM on the prevalence of LGA and pregnancy outcome among patients with gestational diabetes...
- Small fetal abdominal circumference in the second trimester and subsequent low maternal plasma glucose after a glucose challenge test is associated with the delivery of a small-for-gestational age neonateJ L Bienstock
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 31:517-9. 2008To evaluate the predictive value of a combination of the 1 h 50-g glucose challenge test (GCT) and second-trimester ultrasound measurement of fetal abdominal circumference (AC) in identifying patients who will go on to deliver small-for-..
- Intense 201 Tl uptake in giant-cell tumour of boneT Higuchi
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Japan
Nucl Med Commun 23:595-9. 2002..was to determine the characteristics and clinical usefulness of 201Tl scintigraphy in giant-cell tumour of bone (GCT)...
- Single-band mucosectomy for granular cell tumor of the esophagus: safe and easy techniqueG Battaglia
Istituto Oncologico Veneto IOV, via Giogtinian 12, Padova, 35100, Italy
Surg Endosc 20:1296-8. 2006..The single-band mucosectomy technique was used to remove a granular cell tumor (GCT) of the esophagus. Only 3% of GCTs, which are relatively uncommon neoplasms, arise in the esophagus...
- Colorectal granular cell tumor: a clinicopathologic study of 26 casesAatur D Singhi
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21231 2410, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 34:1186-92. 2010Granular cell tumor (GCT) is commonly located in the subcutaneous tissue and oral cavity, and uncommon in the gastrointestinal tract, in which the majority arises in the esophagus with over-representation in African Americans (AA)...
- Hypertensive disorders in Japanese women with gestational glucose intoleranceKei Miyakoshi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Keio University, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 64:201-5. 2004..Consecutive Japanese women with singleton pregnancies underwent a standard 1h, 50g oral glucose challenge test (GCT) at 24-27 weeks of gestation, followed by a 75g, 2h oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) if the GCT result exceeded ..
- Pediatric primary central nervous system germ cell tumors of different prognosis groups show characteristic miRNome traits and chromosome copy number variationsHsei Wei Wang
School of Life Sciences, Institute of Microbiology and Immunology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
BMC Genomics 11:132. 2010..The second group of tumors requires more extensive drug and irradiation treatment regimens. The mechanisms underlying the differences in incidence and prognosis of the various GCT subgroups are unclear.
- Importance of angulate bodies in the diagnosis of granular cell tumors (schwannomas)P H Carstens
Department of Pathology, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Kentucky 40292
Ultrastruct Pathol 17:271-8. 1993..ABs appear to have been forgotten, and the diagnosis of GCT currently depends solely upon the presence of large lysosomes...
- Testicular microlithiasis: clinical significance and review of the literatureBohyun Kim
Department of Radiology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50, IlWon Dong, Kangnam Ku, 135 710 Seoul, Korea bhkim smc samsung co kr
Eur Radiol 13:2567-76. 2003..6 to 9%. The TM is often associated with germ cell tumor (GCT) or intratubular germ cell neoplasia. The incidence of GCT in patients with TM was reported as 6-46%...
- Mechanisms underlying the structural alterations of the rat submandibular gland induced by Tityus serrulatus tityustoxinG T Clemente
Department of Morphology, Institute of Biological Sciences, Federal University of Minas Gerais, P O Box 486, 30161 970 Belo Horizonte MG, Brazil
Toxicon 40:731-8. 2002..stimulatory effects of the toxin are observed in the secretory cells of the acini and granular convoluted tubules (GCT)...
- Gastric carcinoid tumors without autoimmune gastritis in Japan: a relationship with Helicobacter pylori infectionYuichi Sato
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Health Science, Niigata University School of Medicine, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 47:579-85. 2002In Japan, most cases of gastric carcinoid tumor (GCT) are unassociated with either autoimmune gastritis (AIG) showing type-A chronic atrophic gastritis (CAG-A) or Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (ZES)...
- The performance of the screening test for gestational diabetes in twin versus singleton pregnanciesYariv Yogev
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Helen Schneider Hospital for Women, Rabin Medical Center, Petach Tikva, and Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 27:57-61. 2014Abstract Objective: To compare the performance of the 50 g glucose challenge test (GCT) and the 100 g oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) in twin versus singleton pregnancies...
- Developmental and androgenic regulation of the immunocytochemical distribution of mK1, a true tissue kallikrein, in the granular convoluted tubule of the mouse submandibular glandShingo Kurabuchi
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomical Sciences, The City University of New York Medical School, New York 10031, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 50:135-45. 2002..In both sexes at 3 weeks of age, essentially all of the immature granular convoluted tubule (GCT) cells were uniformly immunostained...
- Germ cell tumor in duodenumMehmet Kucukoner
Dicle University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Surgery, Diyarbakir, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 24:73-4. 2013Gastrointestinal system (GIS) germ cell tumors (GCT) are very uncommon. Primary duodenum germ cell tumors have rarely been reported in the literature (1, 2)...
- Management of brain metastases from germ cell tumors: a single center experienceH J Boyle
Department of Medical Oncology, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Oncology 85:21-6. 2013Brain metastases from germ cell tumors (GCT) are rare and treatment has not yet been standardized.
- Giant cell tumours of the small bones of the hands and feet: long-term results of 30 patients and a systematic literature reviewV C Oliveira
Centro Hospitalar do Porto Hospital Santo Antonio, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Largo Prof Abel Salazar, 4099 001 Porto, Portugal
Bone Joint J 95:838-45. 2013..performed a systematic review, initially screening 775 titles, and included 12 papers comprising 91 patients with GCT of the small bones of the hands and feet...
- Investigation of single nucleotide polymorphisms and biological pathways associated with response to TNFα inhibitors in patients with rheumatoid arthritisSophine B Krintel
DANBIO Registry and Department of Rheumatology, Hvidovre and Glostrup Hospitals, Glostrup, Denmark
Pharmacogenet Genomics 22:577-89. 2012..We aimed to replicate these results and identify SNPs and the possible biological pathways associated with the treatment response to TNFα inhibitors...
- Transforming growth factor alpha (TGFα) regulates granulosa cell tumor (GCT) cell proliferation and migration through activation of multiple pathwaysCheng Wang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Olson Center for Women s Health, College of Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e48299. 2012..These tumors have malignant potential and often recur. The etiology of GCT is unknown. TGFα is a potent mitogen for many different cells...
- Investigation of FGFR2-IIIC signaling via FGF-2 ligand for advancing GCT stromal cell differentiationShalini Singh
Department of Surgery, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 7:e46769. 2012Giant cell tumor of bone (GCT) is an aggressive bone tumor consisting of multinucleated osteoclast-like giant cells and proliferating osteoblast-like stromal cells...
- Molecular pathogenesis of granulosa cell tumors of the ovaryStacey Jamieson
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research and Department of Medicine, Monash University, Clayton 3168, Australia
Endocr Rev 33:109-44. 2012Granulosa cell tumors of the ovary (GCT) comprise a distinct subset of ovarian cancers that account for approximately 5% of all ovarian malignancies...
- The multifaceted granulosa cell tumours-myths and realities: a reviewRani Kanthan
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, Canada S7N 0W8 Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Royal University Hospital, 103 Hospital Drive, Room 2868, G Wing, Saskatoon, SK, Canada S7N 0W8
ISRN Obstet Gynecol 2012:878635. 2012..Design. 5 unusual presentations of GCT and a retrospective 14-year (1997-2011) surgical pathology review based on patient sex, age, tumour type and ..
- [High dose chemotherapy with autologous stem-cell support in germ cell tumors: The Instituto Português de Oncologia de Lisboa Francisco Gentil Series]Margarida Brito
Servico de Oncologia Medica, Centro de Transplantação, Instituto Portugues de Oncologia Francisco Gentil, Lisboa, Portugal
Acta Med Port 24:533-44. 2011..stem cell transplantation (HDCT-ASCT) has been administered to patients with high-risk germ cell tumours (GCT)...
- Transcriptomic and proteomic analyses in bone tumor cells: Deciphering parathyroid hormone-related protein regulation of the cell cycle and apoptosisIsabella W Y Mak
Department of Oncology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Bone Miner Res 27:1976-91. 2012Giant cell tumor of bone (GCT) is an aggressive skeletal tumor characterized by local bone destruction, high recurrence rates, and metastatic potential...
- Hepatic metastasectomy for testicular germ cell tumors: is it worth it?Y Nancy You
Division of General and Gastroenterologic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 13:595-601. 2009Chemotherapy is highly effective for metastatic germ cell tumor (GCT), but experience with resection of hepatic metastases from GCT is limited.
- Spontaneous transformation of human granulosa cell tumours into an aggressive phenotype: a metastasis model cell lineMisa Imai
Division of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Perinatal Medicine and Maternal Care, National Center for Child Health and Development, Tokyo 157 8535, Japan
BMC Cancer 8:319. 2008..of normal granulosa cells have been studied extensively, little is known about the molecular mechanism of GCT progression...
- [Survivin and COX-2 expressions in giant cell tumor of bone and their relation to the prognosis]Si min Luo
Department of Emergency Medicine, First Affiliated Hospital, Medical College of Jinan University, Guangzhou 510632, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 29:156-9. 2009To investigate the expression of survivin and COX-2 in giant cell tumor of bone (GCT) and explore the prognostic factors for GCT.
- The isoenzyme of glutaminyl cyclase is an important regulator of monocyte infiltration under inflammatory conditionsHolger Cynis
Probiodrug AG, Halle, Germany
EMBO Mol Med 3:545-58. 2011..Here, we show that the N-terminal pE-formation depends on glutaminyl cyclase activity...
- Clinical outcome and predictors of survival in late relapse of germ cell tumorDavid S Sharp
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 353 E 68th St, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:5524-9. 2008Late relapse (LR) of germ cell tumor (GCT) is a well recognized entity associated with poor survival. We report on our experience with LR and determine predictors of survival.
- Screening for gestational diabetes mellitus in Nigerian pregnant women using fifty-gram oral glucose challenge testO Adegbola
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, College of Medicine, University of Lagos Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Nigeria
West Afr J Med 27:139-43. 2008..Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM) is frequently associated with adverse pregnancy outcome if not adequately managed. Prompt identification of these women requires a programme of active screening...
- A risk score for selective screening for gestational diabetes mellitusChadakarn Phaloprakarn
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Bangkok Metropolitan Administration Medical College and Vajira Hospital, Dusit district, Bangkok, Thailand
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 145:71-5. 2009To develop a risk score to predict women who are likely to have an abnormal glucose challenge test (GCT) for gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) screening.
- Using the 100-g oral glucose tolerance test to predict fetal and maternal outcomes in women with gestational diabetes mellitusChia Hung Lin
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Chang Gung Med J 32:283-9. 2009..This 5-year cohort study investigated gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) using new diagnostic criteria and predictive factors for maternal and fetal outcomes...
- Expression of bone morphogenetic proteins in giant cell tumor of boneNaoko Kudo
Division of Orthopedic Surgery, Department of Regenerative Transplant Medicine, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata City, Niigata 951 8510, Japan
Anticancer Res 29:2219-25. 2009A giant cell tumor (GCT) of bone is a locally aggressive tumor with a propensity for local recurrence...
- PTHrP induces autocrine/paracrine proliferation of bone tumor cells through inhibition of apoptosisIsabella W Y Mak
Department of Surgery, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 6:e19975. 2011Giant Cell Tumor of Bone (GCT) is an aggressive skeletal tumor characterized by local bone destruction, high recurrence rates and metastatic potential...
- Siglec-15, a member of the sialic acid-binding lectin, is a novel regulator for osteoclast differentiationYoshiharu Hiruma
Biological Research Laboratories, Daiichi Sankyo Co Ltd, Tokyo 134 8630, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 409:424-9. 2011..In giant cell tumor of bone (GCT), numerous TRAP-positive multinucleated giant cells emerge and severe osteolytic bone destruction occurs, implying ..
- Criteria for screening and diagnosis of gestational diabetes mellitus in the first trimester of pregnancyWalter Plasencia
Hospital Universitario Materno Infantil de Canarias, Las Palmas, Spain
Fetal Diagn Ther 30:108-15. 2011..To propose new cutoffs in plasma glucose levels in screening and diagnosis of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) in the first trimester of pregnancy...
- Expression of histone deacetylases 1, 2 and 3 in histological subtypes of testicular germ cell tumoursFlorian R Fritzsche
Institute of Surgical Pathology, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
Histol Histopathol 26:1555-61. 2011..we aimed to evaluate the protein expression of class I histone deacetylases (HDAC) in testicular germ cell tumours (GCT) and to analyse differences between the histological subtypes of testicular GCT...
- Giant cell tumor of the sacrum and spine: series of 23 cases and a review of the literatureChristopher Martin
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Iowa Orthop J 30:69-75. 2010Although there have been a few large case series of giant cell tumor (GCT) in the spine and sacrum, the treatment of these lesions remains controversial...
- Hepatocellular carcinoma with osteoclast-like giant cells: possibility of osteoclastogenesis by hepatocyte-derived cellsTohru Ikeda
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Aging and Developmental Science, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Yushima, Tokyo, Japan
Pathol Int 53:450-6. 2003Giant cell tumor (GCT) of bone is a primary osteolytic tumor that is characterized by the formation of osteoclast-like giant cells. In addition to GCT of bone, extraskeletal GCT are known to be formed in several soft tissues...
- Histologically confirmed intracranial germ cell tumors; an analysis of 62 patients in a single instituteDakeun Lee
Department of Pathology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Gangnam Gu, Seoul 135 710, Republic of Korea
Virchows Arch 457:347-57. 2010..The records of 62 patients (45 males and 17 females) with a primary intracranial GCT were retrospectively analyzed. Mean patient age was 18 years, and median follow-up was 41 months...
- FN1, GALE, MET, and QPCT overexpression in papillary thyroid carcinoma: molecular analysis using frozen tissue and routine fine-needle aspiration biopsy samplesCristina Aparecida Troques da Silveira Mitteldorf
Laboratory of Surgical and Molecular Pathology, Hospital Sirio Libanes, Rua Dona Adma Jafet 91, 01308 050 São Paulo, Brazil
Diagn Cytopathol 39:556-61. 2011....
- Morphologic spectrum, immunohistochemical analysis, and clinical features of a series of granular cell tumors of soft tissues: a study from a tertiary referral cancer centerBharat Rekhi
Department of Pathology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India
Ann Diagn Pathol 14:162-7. 2010A granular cell tumor (GCT) is relatively uncommon and objectively diagnosed with neural markers on immunohistochemistry (IHC). Recent studies have described additional markers for a GCT...
- Expression of cAMP response element-binding protein in the duct system of the mouse submandibular glandSunisa Keattikunpairoj
Department of Histology and Embryology, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, 13 1 Takara machi, Kanazawa, 920 8640, Japan
Histochem Cell Biol 132:647-57. 2009..gland (SMG) of mice shows a marked sexual dimorphism in which a duct portion called the granular convoluted tubule (GCT) is developed preferentially in males during puberty...
- Pediatric germ cell tumors and maternal vitamin supplementation: a Children's Oncology Group studyKimberly J Johnson
Division of Pediatric Epidemiology and Clinical Research, Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:2661-4. 2009..We examined this relationship in a study of childhood germ cell tumors (GCT)...
- Mutational analysis of FOXL2 codon 134 in granulosa cell tumour of ovary and other human cancersMin Sung Kim
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
J Pathol 221:147-52. 2010..somatic mutation in the FOXL2 gene affecting codon 134 has recently been reported in granulosa cell tumour (GCT) and thecoma of the ovary...
- The clinical utility of oral glucose tolerance test at term: can it predict fetal macrosomia?Ossie Geifman-Holtzman
Section of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Temple University Hospital, Temple University, 3401 N Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Arch Gynecol Obstet 281:817-21. 2010The goal of this study was to assess the correlation between true fetal macrosomia and abnormal oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) in pregnant women at term gestation who had a negative glucose challenge screen (GCT) at 24-28 weeks.
- Cyclin D as a Retinoid Differentiation Molecular TargetEthan Dmitrovsky; Fiscal Year: 2011..will provide critical insights into the Hh pathway in regulating apoptosis, self-renewal or differentiation of GCT or other tumors...
- Cyclin D as a Retinoid Differentiation Molecular TargetEthan Dmitrovsky; Fiscal Year: 2010..will provide critical insights into the Hh pathway in regulating apoptosis, self-renewal or differentiation of GCT or other tumors...
- Steroid-Catecholamine Interactions and BehaviorGREGORY BALL; Fiscal Year: 2007..behavior and focuses on the specific projection of preoptic aromatase cells to the mesencephalic central gray (GCt)...
- Cyclin D as a Retinoid Molecular TargetEthan Dmitrovsky; Fiscal Year: 2007This revised new NIH R01 application evaluates cyclin D1 as a molecular target for germ cell tumor (GCT) growth, maturation, and chemotherapy response...
- CYTIDYLYTRANSFERASE STRUCTURE & FUNCTIONClaudia Kent; Fiscal Year: 2003..which included CTP:phosphoethanolamine cytidylytransferase (ECT) and CTP:glycerol-3-phosphate cytidylyltransferase (GCT). ECT participates in the CDP-ethanolamine pathway for phosphatidylethanolamine biosynthesis in eukaryotes...
- CLINICAL TRIALS AND MENTORING IN ONCOLOGY RESEARCHRobert Motzer; Fiscal Year: 2003..Germ cell tumor (GCT) of the testis is considered a model for the curable cancer, with 70 percent of patients with advanced GCT cured by ..
- Screening for IGT: Glucose Challenge vs Predictive ModelLawrence Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2007..Hypotheses: Two-step screening by a one hour oral glucose challenge test (GCT) followed, if abnormal, by an OGTT will have good predictive ability to identify IGT, and will be superior to "..
- Oct-4 Regulates Embryonal Carcinoma DifferentiationRobert Hromas; Fiscal Year: 2007An intriguing characteristic of metastatic embryonal carcinoma, a type of germ cell tumor (GCT), is that they are able to differentiate to localized teratoma, which is made up of more mature, slower growing tissue of all three embryonic ..
- MALIGNANT GERM CELL TUMORS IN CHILDRENXiao Shu; Fiscal Year: 2001DESCRIPTION: (Adapted from investigator's abstract) The etiology of germ cell tumors (GCT) is poorly understood...
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF TOXICITY TRAINING GRANTMary Vore; Fiscal Year: 2007..The Training Program is based in the Graduate Center for Toxicology (GCT) which grants the Ph.D. in Toxicology, and provides an administrative and teaching nucleus of 6 core faculty...
- SOUTHWEST ONCOLOGY GROUPHeinz Josef Lenz; Fiscal Year: 2007..b>GCT bladder CA trial; NCI UO-1 funded pharmacology and molecular prediction of outcome studies in phase II geriatric ..