Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GluR2
Description: glutamate receptor, ionotropic, AMPA 2
Alias: GLUR2, GLURB, GluA2, GluR-K2, HBGR2, AMPA-selective glutamate receptor 2, gluR-2, gluR-B, glutamate receptor 2
Publications172 found, 100 shown here
- Neurochemistry of the mammalian cone 'synaptic complex'N Vardi
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, 19104 6058, USA
Vision Res 38:1359-69. 1998..Surprisingly, invaginating bipolar dendrites in the cat also express the AMPA receptor subunits, GluR2/3 and GluR4...
- Gain-of-function glutamate receptor interacting protein 1 variants alter GluA2 recycling and surface distribution in patients with autismRebeca Mejias
McKusick Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine and Department of Pediatrics, The Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Predoctoral Training Program in Human Genetics, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:4920-5. 2011..1 (GRIP1) is a neuronal scaffolding protein that interacts directly with the C termini of glutamate receptors 2/3 (GluA2/3) via its PDZ domains 4 to 6 (PDZ4-6). We found an association (P<0...
- The GluR2 subunit inhibits proliferation by inactivating Src-MAPK signalling and induces apoptosis by means of caspase 3/6-dependent activation in glioma cellsFrancesca Beretta
DTI Dulbecco Telethon Institute, Via Vanvitelli 32, Milan 20129, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 30:25-34. 2009..We found that GluR2 is absent in fast-growing GBM-derived tumour stem cells and high-grade glioma specimens, but is expressed in slow-..
- New potential regulators of uterine leiomyomata from DNA arrays: the ionotropic glutamate receptor GluR2John C M Tsibris
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of South Florida, 4 Columbia Drive, Room 524, Tampa, FL 33606, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 312:249-54. 2003..b>GluR2, a subunit of a ligand-gated cation channel, is up-regulated in leiomyomata relative to myometrium by 15- to 30-..
- Developmental regulation of the toxin sensitivity of Ca(2+)-permeable AMPA receptors in cortical gliaO Meucci
Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Sciences, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Neurosci 16:519-30. 1996..of the expression of AMPA-receptor subunits showed an increase in the concentration of glutamate receptor-2 (GluR2) in CG-4 cells as they differentiated into type II astrocytes and oligodendrocytes...
- Surface expression of AMPA receptors in hippocampal neurons is regulated by an NSF-dependent mechanismJ Noel
Medical Research Council Centre for Synaptic Plasticity, Department of Anatomy, University of Bristol, School of Medical Sciences, United Kingdom
Neuron 23:365-76. 1999Here, we show that disruption of N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive fusion protein- (NSF-) GluR2 interaction by infusion into cultured hippocampal neurons of a blocking peptide (pep2m) caused a rapid decrease in the frequency but no change in ..
- Disruption of the GluR2-NSF interaction protects primary hippocampal neurons from ischemic stressG S Ralph
Division of Medicine, University of Bristol, Marlborough Street, Bristol, BS2 8HW
Mol Cell Neurosci 17:662-70. 2001A specific interaction between the AMPA receptor subunits GluR2 and GluR3 and the fusion protein NSF has recently been identified...
- Blockade of glutamate receptors and barbiturate anesthesia: increased sensitivity to pentobarbital-induced anesthesia despite reduced inhibition of AMPA receptors in GluR2 null mutant miceD T Joo
Department of Anaesthesia, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Anesthesiology 91:1329-41. 1999..Because AMPA receptor complexes that lack the GluR2 subunit are relatively insensitive to pentobarbital inhibition, GluR2 null mutant mice provide a novel tool to ..
- N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor is required for the synaptic incorporation and removal of AMPA receptors during cerebellar long-term depressionJordan P Steinberg
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Neuroscience, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 725 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:18212-6. 2004..attenuation of synaptic transmission at the parallel fiber-Purkinje cell synapse mediated by the removal of GluR2 subunit-containing alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid (AMPA) receptors...
- Binding of 5'-GMP to the GluR2 AMPA receptor: insight from targeted molecular dynamics simulationsJesús Mendieta
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Universidad Autonoma, E 28049 Cantoblanco, Madrid, Spain
Biochemistry 44:14470-6. 2005..nucleotide, we have tried to understand how these molecules interact with the agonist-binding site of the GluR2 alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionate (AMPA) receptor...
- Deficient RNA editing of GluR2 and neuronal death in amyotropic lateral sclerosisShin Kwak
Department of Neurology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, 113 8655 Tokyo, Japan
J Mol Med (Berl) 83:110-20. 2005..The Ca2+ conductance of AMPA receptors differs markedly depending on whether the GluR2 (or GluR-B) subunit is a component of the receptor...
- Hypothermia rescues hippocampal CA1 neurons and attenuates down-regulation of the AMPA receptor GluR2 subunit after forebrain ischemiaFrederick Colbourne
Department of Psychology, Faculty of Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6G 2E9
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:2906-10. 2003..Neuronal death is preceded by down-regulation specific to CA1 of GluR2, the alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid (AMPA) receptor subunit that limits Ca(2+) influx...
- Distribution of AMPA receptor subunits GluR1-4 in the dorsal vagal complex of the rat: a light and electron microscope immunocytochemical studyJ P Kessler
Laboratoire de Neurobiologie, UPR 9024, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, 31, chem Joseph Aiguier, F13402 Marseille cx 20, France
Synapse 34:55-67. 1999..region was investigated using immunohistochemistry and antibodies recognizing either one (GluR1 or GluR4) or two (GluR2 and GluR3) AMPA receptors subunits...
- GluR2-dependent properties of AMPA receptors determine the selective vulnerability of motor neurons to excitotoxicityP Van Damme
Laboratory for Neurobiology, University of Leuven, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Neurophysiol 88:1279-87. 2002..Because the absence of GluR2 in AMPA receptors renders them highly permeable to Ca(2+) ions, it has been hypothesized that the selective ..
- Primary afferent terminals in spinal cord express presynaptic AMPA receptorsChun Rong Lu
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Neurosci 22:9522-9. 2002Larger dorsal root ganglion neurons are stained by an antibody for the C terminus of glutamate receptor subunit 2 (GluR2) and GluR3 (GluR2/3) rather than by an antibody for GluR4...
- Inflammation-induced upregulation of AMPA receptor subunit expression in brain stem pain modulatory circuitryYun Guan
Program in Neuroscience, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201 1586, USA
Pain 104:401-13. 2003..We analyzed mRNA and protein levels of the GluR1 and GluR2 AMPA receptor subunits in the RVM at 2h to 14 days post-inflammation...
- Glutamate receptor subunit 2-selective antibody shows a differential distribution of calcium-impermeable AMPA receptors among populations of neuronsR S Petralia
Laboratory of Neurochemistry, NIDCD, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4162, USA
J Comp Neurol 385:456-76. 1997..AMPA receptor complexes that contain the AMPA-type glutamate receptor subunit 2 (GluR2) are responsible for the low calcium permeability typical of most AMPA receptors, and the absence of GluR2 may be ..
- Loss of GLUR2 alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazoleproprionic acid receptor subunit differentially affects remaining synaptic glutamate receptors in cerebellum and cochlear nucleiRonald S Petralia
Laboratory of Neurochemistry, NIDCD NIH, 50 4142, 50 South Drive MSC 8027, Bethesda, MD 20892 8027, USA
Eur J Neurosci 19:2017-29. 2004..Most AMPA receptors are impermeable to calcium because they contain the GluR2 subunit...
- Developmental expression of Ca2+-permeable AMPA receptors underlies depolarization-induced long-term depression at mossy fiber CA3 pyramid synapsesMichelle T W Ho
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Neurosci 27:11651-62. 2007..Concerning AMPA receptors (AMPARs), glutamate receptor 2 subunit (GluR2)-containing, Ca2+-impermeable AMPARs (CI-AMPARs) prevail at synapses between mature ..
- Flip and flop: a molecular determinant for AMPA receptor channel openingWeimin Pei
Department of Chemistry, Center for Neuroscience Research, University at Albany, State University of New York, Albany, New York 12222, USA
Biochemistry 48:3767-77. 2009..e., flip and flop. The flop variant of the GluR2 AMPA receptor is known to desensitize faster than the flip counterpart, whereas the GluR1 flip and flop variants ..
- Ethanol sensitivity of recombinant homomeric and heteromeric AMPA receptor subunits expressed in Xenopus oocytesB Emmanuel Akinshola
Department of Pharmacology, Howard University College of Medicine, Washington, DC 20059, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 27:1876-83. 2003..In this study, we compared ethanol sensitivity of homomeric and heteromeric AMPA receptor subunits microinjected into Xenopus oocytes and confirmed subunit expression in oocytes by immunoblot...
- Effects of deletion of gria1 or gria2 genes encoding glutamatergic AMPA-receptor subunits on place preference conditioning in miceAndy N Mead
Department of Psychology, School of Life Sciences, University of Sussex, BN1 9QG, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 179:164-71. 2005..Critically, this classical conditioning procedure requires the formation of associations between a rewarding stimulus and environmental cues, and the ability of these cues to direct subsequent behaviour...
- The anticonvulsants lamotrigine, riluzole, and valproate differentially regulate AMPA receptor membrane localization: relationship to clinical effects in mood disordersJing Du
Laboratory of Molecular Pathophysiology, Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:793-802. 2007..profile, namely lamotrigine and riluzole, significantly enhanced the surface expression of GluR1 and GluR2 in a time- and dose-dependent manner in cultured hippocampal neurons...
- Kainate-induced epilepsy alters protein expression of AMPA receptor subunits GluR1, GluR2 and AMPA receptor binding protein in the rat hippocampusC Sommer
Department of Neuropathology, Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg, Germany
Acta Neuropathol 101:460-8. 2001..through newly synthesized alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazole proprionic acid (AMPA) receptors lacking the GluR2 subunit, which normally renders AMPA receptors calcium impermeable, is thought to play a pivotal role for ..
- Immunochemical characterization of the non-NMDA glutamate receptor using subunit-specific antibodies. Evidence for a hetero-oligomeric structure in rat brainR J Wenthold
Laboratory of Neurochemistry, National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Biol Chem 267:501-7. 1992..antibodies were found to be selective for each of the four GluR subunits, and a fifth antibody recognized both GluR2 and 3...
- PICK1 and phosphorylation of the glutamate receptor 2 (GluR2) AMPA receptor subunit regulates GluR2 recycling after NMDA receptor-induced internalizationDa Ting Lin
Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Neurosci 27:13903-8. 2007..Phosphorylation of the C terminus of the AMPA receptor (AMPAR) subunit glutamate receptor 2 (GluR2) and the binding of GluR2 to the PDZ [postsynaptic density-95/Discs large/zona occludens-1]-domain ..
- Recent advances in the study of AMPA receptorsTakeshi Suzuki
Department of Pharmacology, Kyoritsu College of Pharmacy, Tokyo, Japan
Nihon Yakurigaku Zasshi 122:515-26. 2003..The glutamine residue located in the pore-forming segment of GluR2 subunit (Q/R site) is changed to arginine by RNA editing at the pre mRNA stage in normal adult mammalian animal...
- Involvement of AMPA receptor GluR2 subunits in stimulus-reward learning: evidence from glutamate receptor gria2 knock-out miceAndy N Mead
Laboratory of Experimental Psychology, University of Sussex, Brighton BN1 9QG, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 23:9500-7. 2003Presence of the glutamate receptor 2 (GluR2) subunit prevents calcium influx through AMPA-receptor complexes; deletion of this subunit results in enhanced hippocampal long-term potentiation...
- Ischemia and ischemic tolerance induction differentially regulate protein expression of GluR1, GluR2, and AMPA receptor binding protein in the gerbil hippocampus: GluR2 (GluR-B) reduction does not predict neuronal deathClemens Sommer
Department of Neuropathology, Ruprecht Karls University of Heidelberg, Germany
Stroke 33:1093-100. 2002..of calcium-permeable alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazole propionic acid (AMPA) receptors lacking the GluR2 subunit (GluR2 hypothesis). DND can be prevented by a short tolerance-inducing ischemic period...
- Calcium-permeable AMPA receptor plasticity is mediated by subunit-specific interactions with PICK1 and NSFStephanie M Gardner
Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, 725 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Neuron 45:903-15. 2005..Since the AMPA receptor GluR2 subunit confers calcium permeability, this plasticity is thought to occur through the dynamic exchange of synaptic ..
- Transient Ca2+-permeable AMPA receptors in postnatal rat primary auditory neuronsMichel Eybalin
INSERM U583, Institut des Neurosciences, Hopital St Eloi, 80, avenue Augustin Fliche, BP 74103, 34091 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Eur J Neurosci 20:2981-9. 2004..Here, we report that AMPA receptors at inner hair cell (IHC) synapses lack the GluR2 subunit and are transiently Ca2+-permeable before hearing onset as evidenced using agonist-induced Co2+ ..
- Decreased AMPA GluR2, but not GluR3, mRNA expression in rat amygdala and dorsal hippocampus following morphine-induced behavioural sensitizationZargham Sepehrizadeh
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 35:1321-30. 2008..reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction was used to evaluate mRNA expression of the AMPA receptor subunits GluR2 and GluR3 in the striatum, prefrontal cortex, hippocampus, hypothalamus and amygdala of animals treated repeatedly ..
- [ALS and excitatory amino acid]Hitoshi Aizawa
Division of Neurology, Department of Internal Medicine, Asahik awa Medical College, 2 1 1 1 Midorigaoka Higashi, Asahikawa 078 8510, Japan
Brain Nerve 59:1117-27. 2007..mechanisms to increase Ca2+ influx through Ca2+-permiable AMPA receptor: a decrease of RNA editing efficacy at the GluR2 Q/R site and a decrease of GluR2 level relative to AMPA receptor subunits...
- Long-term potentiation in the hippocampal CA1 region does not require insertion and activation of GluR2-lacking AMPA receptorsErin E Gray
Interdepartmental PhD Program for Neuroscience, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 53 231 Center for the Health Sciences, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1751, USA
J Neurophysiol 98:2488-92. 2007..Although it is widely accepted that the AMPA receptors at these synapses contain glutamate receptor type 2 (GluR2) subunits, recent findings suggest that LTP in hippocampal slices obtained from 2- to 3-wk-old rodents is ..
- Selective expression of heteromeric AMPA receptors driven by flip-flop differencesJames R Brorson
Department of Neurology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Neurosci 24:3461-70. 2004..current-voltage relationship of most native AMPA receptors were ascribed to dominant effects of the glutamate receptor 2 (GluR2) subunit...
- Trafficking of presynaptic AMPA receptors mediating neurotransmitter release: neuronal selectivity and relationships with sensitivity to cyclothiazideAnna Pittaluga
Department of Experimental Medicine, Pharmacology and Toxicology Section, University of Genoa, Viale Cembrano 4, 16148 Genova, Italy
Neuropharmacology 50:286-96. 2006..AMPAR surface expression involves interactions between the GluR2 carboxy tail and various proteins including glutamate receptor-interacting protein (GRIP), AMPA receptor-binding ..
- Synaptic anchorage of AMPA receptors by cadherins through neural plakophilin-related arm protein AMPA receptor-binding protein complexesJoshua B Silverman
Department of Biochemistry, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Neurosci 27:8505-16. 2007..ABP) and the related glutamate receptor (GluR)-interacting protein (GRIP), two multi-PDZ proteins that bind the GluR2 and GluR3 AMPAR subunits. The resulting cadherin-NPRAP-ABP/GRIP complexes serve as anchorages for AMPARs...
- A high GluR1 : GluR2 expression ratio is correlated with expression of Ca2+-binding proteins in rat forebrain neuronsM Kondo
Department of Neurobiology, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute for Neuroscience, 2 6 Musashidai, Fuchu 183 8526, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 12:2812-22. 2000..The neurons showing a high GluR1 : GluR2 expression ratio, [R1+/R2-], [R1++/R2+] and [R1++/R2-] neurons, comprised 13-30% of the total neuronal population...
- Nucleus accumbens neurons exhibit synaptic scaling that is occluded by repeated dopamine pre-exposureXiu Sun
Department of Neuroscience, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, North Chicago, IL, USA
Eur J Neurosci 30:539-50. 2009..an AMPA receptor antagonist increased cell surface (synaptic and extrasynaptic) glutamate receptor 1 (GluR1) and GluR2 but not GluR3, as well as GluR1/2 co-localization on the cell surface and total GluR1 and GluR2 protein levels...
- The role of AMPA receptors and VEGF in ALSP Van Damme
Neurology Department, KULeuven University Hospital, Laboratory of Neurobiology, KULeuven and Vesalius Research Center, VIB Leuven, Herestraat 49 B 3000 Leuven
Verh K Acad Geneeskd Belg 71:241-50. 2009..Only AMPA receptors that lack a certain subunit (GluR2) are permeable to calcium ions, and compared to other neurons motor neurons had low GluR2 levels...
- A subpopulation of serotonin 1B receptors colocalize with the AMPA receptor subunit GluR2 in the hippocampal dentate gyrusC J Peddie
Department of Life Sciences, The Open University, Walton Hall, Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA, UK
Neurosci Lett 485:251-5. 2010..study, we have examined the cellular and subcellular distribution of 5-HT(1B)Rs with the AMPA receptor subunit GluR2. Of 5-HT(1B)R positive profiles, 28% displayed colocalization with GluR2...
- The protein kinase C alpha binding protein PICK1 interacts with short but not long form alternative splice variants of AMPA receptor subunitsK K Dev
Department of Biological Sciences, Kyoto University, Faculty of Medicine, Japan
Neuropharmacology 38:635-44. 1999..and the mutation of a single amino acid in this region (Lys-27 to Glu) prevents interaction between PICK1 and GluR2 in the yeast two-hybrid assay...
- Afferent-specific AMPA receptor subunit composition and regulation of synaptic plasticity in midbrain dopamine neurons by abused drugsCameron H Good
Electrophysiology Research Section, Cellular Neurobiology Branch, National Institute on Drug Abuse Intramural Research Program, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Neurosci 30:7900-9. 2010..Using a unique rat brain slice preparation, we found that PPN stimulation activates afferents targeting GluR2-containing AMPA receptors (AMPAR) on VTA DA neurons, and these afferents did not exhibit long-term depression (LTD)..
- Peripheral AMPA receptors contribute to muscle nociception and c-fos activationYang Hyun Chun
Kyung Hee University, School of Dentistry, Department of Oral Medicine, 1 Hoegi dong, Dongdaemun Gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Neurosci Res 62:97-104. 2008..AMPA receptor subunits, GluR1 and GluR2, were predominantly expressed in small to medium size neurons but more GluR2 positive labeling were encountered in ..
- AMPA receptor subunit-specific regulation by a distinct family of type II TARPsAkihiko S Kato
Department of Neuroscience, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Neuron 59:986-96. 2008..Here, we classify gamma-5 as a distinct class of TARP that modulates specific GluR2-containing AMPA receptors and displays properties entirely dissimilar from canonical TARPs...
- Differential palmitoylation directs the AMPA receptor-binding protein ABP to spines or to intracellular clustersSunita DeSouza
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biochemistry, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Neurosci 22:3493-503. 2002..postsynaptic density 95/Discs large/zona occludens 1) proteins that interact with glutamate receptors 2 and 3 (GluR2 and GluR3) subunits...
- Age-dependent requirement of AKAP150-anchored PKA and GluR2-lacking AMPA receptors in LTPYuan Lu
Department of Pharmacology, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242 1109, USA
EMBO J 26:4879-90. 2007..It abolished hippocampal LTP in 7-12 but not 4-week-old mice. Inhibitors of PKA and of GluR2-lacking AMPA receptors blocked single tetanus LTP in hippocampal slices of 8 but not 4-week-old WT mice...
- Ischemia-induced changes of AMPA-type glutamate receptor subunit expression pattern in the rat retina: a real-time quantitative PCR studyFrederike Dijk
Netherlands Ophthalmic Research Institute KNAW, Glaucoma Research Group, Graduate School for the Neurosciences Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:330-41. 2004..Furthermore, to study possible changes in the ratios of alternative splice variants of GluR2 and -4 and possible changes in the subunit composition of the receptor complex after ischemia-reperfusion...
- Response of Purkinje neurons to hypobaric hypoxic exposure as shown by alteration in expression of glutamate receptors, nitric oxide synthases and calcium binding proteinsC Kaur
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Blk MD10, 4 Medical Drive, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117597
Neuroscience 135:1217-29. 2005..glutamate receptors N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor subunit 1, amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid GluR2/3, calcium binding proteins and nitric oxide synthases in the Purkinje neurons was examined in rats exposed to ..
- Metabotropic glutamate receptor 2/3 in the hippocampus of patients with mesial temporal lobe epilepsy, and of rats and mice after pilocarpine-induced status epilepticusF R Tang
Epilepsy Research Laboratories, National Neuroscience Institute, Singapore
Epilepsy Res 59:167-80. 2004A comparative study of the expression of metabotropic glutamate receptor 2/3 (mGluR2/3) was done in the hippocampus of rats and mice after pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus (APISE), and of patients with mesial temporal lobe epilepsy...
- Control of glutamate receptor 2 (GluR2) translational initiation by its alternative 3' untranslated regionsHasan A Irier
Department of Pharmacology, Emory University School of Medicine, Rollins Research Center, Room 5002, 1510 Clifton Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Mol Pharmacol 76:1145-9. 2009Four major glutamate receptor 2 (GluR2) transcripts differing in size (approximately 4 and approximately 6 kilobases) due to alternative 3' untranslated regions (UTRs), and also containing alternative 5'UTRs, exist in the brain...
- Expression of genes encoding glutamate receptors and transporters in rod and cone bipolar cells of the primate retina determined by single-cell polymerase chain reactionMichael C Hanna
The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Cellular Neurology Unit, Bethesda, MD, USA
Mol Vis 13:2194-208. 2007..Here we apply the same protocol to compare expression of these genes in cDNA constructed from single rod and cone bipolar cells previously-labeled for morphological identification in fixed slices of macaque retina...
- Differential response of AMPA and NMDA glutamate receptors of Purkinje cells to aging of the chicken cerebellumRaquel S Pires
City University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Neurosci Lett 478:146-9. 2010..4 years old) chickens (Gallus gallus) were used in order to evaluate the expression of GluR1, GluR2/3 and NR1 subunits...
- Localization of ionotropic and metabotropic glutamate receptors in distinct neuronal elements of the rat substantia nigraK K Yung
Department of Biology, Hong Kong Baptist University, Kowloon Tong, China
Neurochem Int 33:313-26. 1998..was performed using commercially available antibodies (against subunits of ionotropic glutamate receptors: GluR1, GluR2/3, GluR4, NMDAR1, NMDAR2A/B; and subtypes of metabotropic glutamate receptors: mGluR1alpha, mGluR2/3)...
- Expression of the AMPA-selective receptor subunits in the vestibular nuclei of the chinchillaP Popper
Division of Head and Neck Surgery, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90024 1624, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 44:21-30. 1997..were used to localize the messenger RNAs and proteins of the AMPA-selective receptor subunits GluR1, GluR2, GluR3 and GluR4 in the vestibular nuclei of the chinchilla...
- Effects of metabotropic glutamate receptor 2/3 agonism and antagonism on schizophrenia-like cognitive deficits induced by phencyclidine in ratsNurith Amitai
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 639:67-80. 2010..We examined how the metabotropic glutamate receptor 2/3 agonist LY379268 and the metabotropic glutamate receptor 2/3 antagonist LY341495 altered phencyclidine-..
- Distribution of glutamate and preproenkephalin messenger RNAs following transient focal cerebral ischemiaL K Friedman
Department of Neuroscience, Seton Hall University NJ Neuroscience Institute, JFK Medical Center, Edison 08818, USA
Neuroscience 95:841-57. 2000..ischemia, in situ hybridization histochemistry was used to measure levels of glutamate receptor subunit 1 (GluR1), GluR2, GluR3, N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit 1 (NR1) and preproenkephalin messenger RNAs in adult rats at various ..
- Subcellular distribution of AMPA and NMDA receptor subunit immunoreactivity in ventral posterior and reticular nuclei of rat and cat thalamusX B Liu
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of California, Irvine 92682, USA
J Comp Neurol 388:587-602. 1997..The authors used electron microscopic immunocytochemistry to localize AMPA selective GluR 2/3 subunits (GluR2/3) and NMDA receptor subunit 1 (NMDAR1) in rat and cat ventral posterior lateral nucleus (VPL) ..
- Input- and subunit-specific AMPA receptor trafficking underlying long-term potentiation at hippocampal CA3 synapsesWataru Kakegawa
Department of Neurophysiology, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, 3 39 22 Showa machi, Maebashi, Gunma 371 8511, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 20:101-10. 2004..To trace the subunit-specific trafficking of AMPARs at each synapse, GluR1 and GluR2 subunits were introduced into CA3 pyramidal neurons in hippocampal organotypic cultures using the Sindbis viral ..
- Differential distribution of ionotropic glutamate receptor subunits in the rat olfactory bulbA A Montague
Department of Neurosurgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8082, USA
J Comp Neurol 405:233-46. 1999..by using antibodies to alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methylisoxazole-4-propionic acid (AMPA) receptor subunits: GluR1, GluR2/3, and GluR4; and kainate (KA) receptor subunits: GluR5/6/7...
- GluR2/3, NMDAepsilon1 and GABAA receptors in Creutzfeldt-Jakob diseaseI Ferrer
Institut de Neuropatologia, Servei d Anatomia Patològica, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, carrer Feixa Llarga sn, 08907, Hospitalet de Llobregat, Spain
Acta Neuropathol 106:311-8. 2003..Glutamate receptors AMPA GluR2/3 and NMDA R2A: NR2A (NMDAepsilon1), and GABA(A) (GABA(A) Ralpha1) receptors were examined by immunohistochemistry ..
- [Death of motor neurons and molecular change of glutamate receptors in ALS]Kwak Shin
Department of Neurology, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo
Rinsho Shinkeigaku 45:982-4. 2005..of the AMPA receptor ion channel depends strongly upon the presence or absence in its composition of an edited GluR2 subunit whose glutamine (Q) residue is substituted by arginine (R) at the Q/R site due to RNA editing...
- Differential expression of NMDA and AMPA receptor subunits in rat dorsal and ventral hippocampusC Pandis
Physiology Department, Medical School, University of Patras, 26500 Rio, Patras, Greece
Neuroscience 140:163-75. 2006..ventral hippocampus slices were prepared: 1) transverse slices for examining a) the expression of the AMPA (GluRA, GluRB, GluRC) and NMDA (NR1, NR2A, NR2B) subunits mRNA using in situ hybridization, b) the protein expression of NR2A ..
- Involvement of basal protein kinase C and extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 activities in constitutive internalization of AMPA receptors in cerebellar Purkinje cellsTetsuya Tatsukawa
Laboratory for Memory and Learning, Brain Science Institute, RIKEN, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
J Neurosci 26:4820-5. 2006..Immunocytochemically measured glutamate receptor 2 (GluR2) internalization ratio decreased at the steady state of TeTx rundown...
- Identification of a neurosteroid binding site contained within the GluR2-S1S2 domainVlad Spivak
Department of Chemistry, Western Washington University, Bellingham, Washington 98225 9150, USA
Lipids 39:811-9. 2004..Although the glutamate binding site of the GluR2 class of amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid (AMPA) iGluR has been structurally characterized, the ..
- Involvement of decreased glutamate receptor subunit GluR2 expression in lead-induced neuronal cell deathKeishi Ishida
Graduate School of Biomedical and Health Sciences, Hiroshima University, Japan
J Toxicol Sci 38:513-21. 2013Lead is known to induce neurotoxicity, particularly in young children, and GluR2, an AMPA-type glutamate receptor subunit, plays an important role in neuronal cell survival...
- Expression of AMPA/kainate receptors during development of chick embryo retina cells: in vitro versus in vivo studiesArmando J Cristóvão
Department of Zoology, Centre for Neuroscience of Coimbra, University of Coimbra, 3004 517 Coimbra Codex, Portugal
Int J Dev Neurosci 20:1-9. 2002..Ca(2+)](i)), in response to AMPA, kainate or to L-glutamate, and the expression of the receptor subunits GluR1, GluR2/3, GluR4 and GluR6/7 was determined in the retinospheroids and in chick retinas by immunodetection using ..
- Synaptic distribution of ionotropic glutamate receptors in the inner plexiform layer of the primate retinaUlrike Grünert
Department of Physiology F13, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales 2006, Australia
J Comp Neurol 447:138-51. 2002..Usually only one of the two postsynaptic processes at the dyads expressed a given subunit. Immunoreactive GluR2, GluR2/3, and GluR4 puncta were found at high density throughout the IPL and are probably expressed at every dyad...
- MicroRNA-223 is neuroprotective by targeting glutamate receptorsMaged M Harraz
Neuroregeneration Program, Institute for Cell Engineering, Department of Neurology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:18962-7. 2012..the response to neuronal injury by regulating the functional expression of the glutamate receptor subunits GluR2 and NR2B in brain...
- Motor protein-dependent transport of AMPA receptors into spines during long-term potentiationSusana S Correia
Department of Pharmacology, University of Michigan Medical School, 1150 W Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0632, USA
Nat Neurosci 11:457-66. 2008..translocation of GluR1 receptors from the dendritic shaft into spines, but it was not required for constitutive GluR2 trafficking...
- Acute BDNF treatment upregulates GluR1-SAP97 and GluR2-GRIP1 interactions: implications for sustained AMPA receptor expressionHussam Jourdi
Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Medicine, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e57124. 2013..Our results show that acute BDNF treatment upregulates the interactions between AMPAr subunits (GluR1 and GluR2) with their scaffold proteins SAP97 and GRIP1, respectively, leading to prolonged increased accumulation of both ..
- PKCα is required for inflammation-induced trafficking of extrasynaptic AMPA receptors in tonically firing lamina II dorsal horn neurons during the maintenance of persistent inflammatory painOlga Kopach
State Key Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology, Kiev, Ukraine
J Pain 14:182-92. 2013Persistent inflammation promotes internalization of synaptic GluR2-containing, Ca(2+)-impermeable AMPA receptors (AMPARs) and insertion of GluR1-containing, Ca(2+)-permeable AMPARs at extrasynaptic sites in dorsal horn neurons...
- Influence of GRIA1, GRIA2 and GRIA4 polymorphisms on diagnosis and response to treatment in patients with major depressive disorderAlberto Chiesa
Institute of Psychiatry, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 262:305-11. 2012....
- Identification of differentially expressed genes according to chemosensitivity in advanced ovarian serous adenocarcinomas: expression of GRIA2 predicts better survivalC H Choi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50 Irwon dong, Gangnam Gu, Seoul 135 710, Korea
Br J Cancer 107:91-9. 2012..The purpose of this study was to identify genes that are differentially expressed in chemosensitive serous papillary ovarian carcinomas relative to those expressed in chemoresistant tumours...
- [K83 site affects PICK1 PDZ binding ability]Yong Feng
Institute of Neuroscience, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou 310058, China
Zhejiang Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 41:153-8. 2012To investigate the role of 83 site in interaction of GluR2 C-terminal and PICK1 PDZ domain.
- Pin1 and WWP2 regulate GluR2 Q/R site RNA editing by ADAR2 with opposing effectsRoberto Marcucci
MRC Human Genetics Unit, Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
EMBO J 30:4211-22. 2011ADAR2 catalyses the deamination of adenosine to inosine at the GluR2 Q/R site in the pre-mRNA encoding the critical subunit of AMPA receptors...
- Pituitary adenylyl cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) and its receptor (PAC1-R) are positioned to modulate afferent signaling in the cochleaM J Drescher
Laboratory of Bio Otology, Department of Otolaryngology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, 261 Lande Medical Research Building, 540 East Canfield Avenue, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Neuroscience 142:139-64. 2006..immunolocalization of choline acetyltransferase (ChAT) and synaptophysin as efferent neuronal markers, and glutamate receptor 2/3 (GluR2/3) and neurofilament 200 as afferent neuronal markers, for each of the three cochlear turns...
- GluR2 deficiency accelerates motor neuron degeneration in a mouse model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosisPhilip Van Damme
Laboratory of Neurobiology, K U Leuven, Campus Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 64:605-12. 2005..e. GluR2-lacking) AMPA receptors...
- Dietary enrichment with omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids reverses age-related decreases in the GluR2 and NR2B glutamate receptor subunits in rat forebrainS C Dyall
Neuroscience Centre, Institute of Cell and Molecular Sciences, St Bartholomew s and the Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary, University of London, Whitechapel, London, United Kingdom
Neurobiol Aging 28:424-39. 2007..The glutamate receptor subunits GluR2 and NR2B play a significant role in forebrain synaptic plasticity...
- A binding site tyrosine shapes desensitization kinetics and agonist potency at GluR2. A mutagenic, kinetic, and crystallographic studyMai Marie Holm
Department of Molecular Biology, C F Møllers Allé Bldg 130, University of Aarhus, DK 8000 Aarhus, Denmark
J Biol Chem 280:35469-76. 2005..The AMPA receptor GluR2, with mutations in Tyr-450, were expressed in Xenopus laevis oocytes and characterized in a two-electrode voltage ..
- Long-term exposure to endogenous levels of tributyltin decreases GluR2 expression and increases neuronal vulnerability to glutamateYusuke Nakatsu
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, 1 2 3, Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima, 734 8553, Japan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 240:292-8. 2009..Long-term exposure to 20 nM TBT decreased the mRNA expression of glutamate receptors NR1, NR2A, GluR1 and GluR2, and increased that of NR2B, GluR3 and GluR4. GluR2 protein was also reduced by long-term exposure to TBT...
- Gestational nicotine exposure regulates expression of AMPA and NMDA receptors and their signaling apparatus in developing and adult rat hippocampusH Wang
Department of Anatomy, Howard University College of Medicine, Washington, DC 20059, USA
Neuroscience 188:168-81. 2011..At P1, there was significantly heightened expression of AMPAR subunit GluR1 but not GluR2, and of NMDAR subunits NR1, NR2a, and NR2d but not NR2b. NR2c was not detectable...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor regulates the expression and synaptic delivery of alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazole propionic acid receptor subunits in hippocampal neuronsMargarida V Caldeira
Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, Department of Zoology, University of Coimbra, 3004 517 Coimbra, Portugal
J Biol Chem 282:12619-28. 2007..Here we show that BDNF acutely up-regulates GluR1, GluR2, and GluR3 alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazole propionic acid (AMPA) receptor subunits in 7-day in vitro ..
- NMR spectroscopy of the ligand-binding core of ionotropic glutamate receptor 2 bound to 5-substituted willardiine partial agonistsMichael K Fenwick
Department of Molecular Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
J Mol Biol 378:673-85. 2008..that underlie this coupling, solution NMR experiments were performed on the bilobed ligand-binding core of glutamate receptor 2 in complexes with a set of willardiine partial agonists...
- Altered presymptomatic AMPA and cannabinoid receptor trafficking in motor neurons of ALS model mice: implications for excitotoxicityPingwei Zhao
Forbes Norris ALS MDA Research Center, California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute, 475 Brannan St, Suite 220, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Eur J Neurosci 27:572-9. 2008..subclasses of AMPARs [as determined by the presence of the subunits glutamate receptor 1 (GluR1) or glutamate receptor 2 (GluR2)] and CB1 in spinal cord motor neurons during disease progression in a G93ASOD1 mouse model of ALS...
- Regulation of the intracellular distribution, cell surface expression, and protein levels of AMPA receptor GluR2 subunits by the monocarboxylate transporter MCT2 in neuronal cellsFumihiko Maekawa
Department of Physiology, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Neurochem 109:1767-78. 2009..purported to be a binding partner for the alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid (AMPA) receptor GluR2 subunit...
- Transmembrane and ubiquitin-like domain-containing protein 1 (Tmub1/HOPS) facilitates surface expression of GluR2-containing AMPA receptorsHyunjeong Yang
Department of Biological Information, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
PLoS ONE 3:e2809. 2008..in the brain and which exists in a synaptosomal membrane fraction, facilitates the recycling of the AMPAR subunit GluR2 to the cell surface...
- Newly identified ADAR-mediated A-to-I editing positions as a tool for ALS researchShin Kwak
Department of Neurology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
RNA Biol 5:193-7. 2008Among the extensively occurring adenosine to inosine (A-to-I) conversions in RNA, RNA editing at the GluR2 Q/R site is crucial for the survival of mammalian organisms...
- Methamphetamine changes NMDA and AMPA glutamate receptor subunit levels in the rat striatum and frontal cortexPatrícia F Simões
Biomedical Institute for Research in Light and Image, Azinhaga de Santa Comba, Coimbra, Portugal
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1139:232-41. 2008..Moreover, we investigated the effect of two METH regimens on NMDAR NR1 and NR2A and on AMPAR GluR2 subunit expression in the rat striatum and frontal cortex 24 h after drug treatment...
- Positive allosteric modulators of the metabotropic glutamate receptor 2 for the treatment of schizophreniaMark E Fraley
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Merck Research Laboratories, WP14 2, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Expert Opin Ther Pat 19:1259-75. 2009Normalization of excessive glutamate neurotransmission through activation of the metabotropic glutamate receptor 2 (mGluR2) represents a novel and promising approach for the treatment of schizophrenia...
- The selective vulnerability of retinal ganglion cells in rat chronic ocular hypertension model at early phaseXue Gang Luo
Department of Anatomy, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, 21 Sassoon Road, Hong Kong, China
Cell Mol Neurobiol 29:1143-51. 2009..Immunohistochemical staining using specific antibodies against N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor 1 (NR1) or glutamate receptor 2/3 (GluR2/3) was performed on the retinal sections of normal and COH eyes...
- Astrocytes regulate GluR2 expression in motor neurons and their vulnerability to excitotoxicityPhilip Van Damme
Laboratory of Neurobiology, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, University of Leuven, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:14825-30. 2007..The Ca(2+) permeability of AMPA receptors is largely determined by the glutamate receptor 2 (GluR2) subunit, receptors lacking GluR2 being permeable to Ca(2+) ions...
- Increased AMPA receptor GluR1 subunit incorporation in rat hippocampal CA1 synapses during benzodiazepine withdrawalParomita Das
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Toledo College of Medicine, Health Science Campus, Toledo, Ohio 43614, USA
J Comp Neurol 511:832-46. 2008..with a shift toward inward rectification of synaptic currents and increased expression of GluR1, but not GluR2, subunits, suggesting augmented membrane incorporation of GluR1-containing, GluR2-lacking AMPARs...
- PKC and polyamine modulation of GluR2-deficient AMPA receptors in immature neocortical pyramidal neurons of the ratJieun Shin
Department Neurology and Neurological Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Physiol 581:679-91. 2007..recently shown that AMPAR-dependent synaptic transmission in immature neocortical pyramidal neurons is mediated by GluR2-deficient receptors that can be modulated by intra- or extracellular polyamines (PAs)...
- Differential regulation of AMPA receptor trafficking by neurabin-targeted synaptic protein phosphatase-1 in synaptic transmission and long-term depression in hippocampusXiao Dong Hu
Neuroscience Center of Excellence, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
J Neurosci 27:4674-86. 2007..which is correlated with the reduction in surface expression of AMPA subtype glutamate receptor (GluR) 1 and GluR2 subunits...
- Trafficking of AMPA receptors at plasma membranes of hippocampal neuronsJung Hwa Tao-Cheng
Electron Microscopy Facility, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda MD 20892, USA
J Neurosci 31:4834-43. 2011..b>Glutamate receptor 2 (GluR2) labels at PSDs significantly increase after synaptic activation by glycine treatment and increase ..
- Immunohistochemical localization of AMPA-type glutamate receptor subunits in the striatum of rhesus monkeyYun Ping Deng
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 855 Monroe Avenue, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Brain Res 1344:104-23. 2010..In striatum, about 65% of striatal neurons immunolabeled for GluR1, 75%-79% immunolabeled for GluR2 or GluR2/3, and only 2.5% possessed GluR4...
- GluR2-free alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionate receptors intensify demyelination in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisPeter Bannerman
UC Davis School of Medicine, Shriners Hospital, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
J Neurochem 102:1064-70. 2007We adopted a genetic approach to test the importance of edited GluR2-free, Ca(2+)-permeable, alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionate (AMPA) receptors in the pathophysiology of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis, an ..
- Ultrastructural relationship between the AMPA-GluR2 receptor subunit and the mu-opioid receptor in the mouse central nucleus of the amygdalaMarc A Beckerman
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, 407 E 61st St, Weill Cornell Medical College, NY, NY 10065, USA
Exp Neurol 227:149-58. 2011Activation of GluR2-expressing non-calcium-permeable AMPA-type glutamate receptors in the central nucleus of the amygdala (CeA) may play an important role in integrating emotion and memory with goal-directed behaviors involved in opioid ..
- Developmental characteristics of AMPA receptors in chick lumbar motoneuronsXianglian Ni
Department of Biology, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
Dev Neurobiol 67:1419-32. 2007..The Ca2+ permeability of AMPA receptors is regulated by the insertion of one or more edited GluR2 subunits...
- YB-1 binds to GluR2 mRNA and CaM1 mRNA in the brain and regulates their translational levels in an activity-dependent mannerToru Tanaka
Research Unit of Biochemistry, School of Pharmacy, Nihon University, Funabashi, Chiba, Japan
Cell Mol Neurobiol 30:1089-100. 2010..In this study we found that YB-1 interacted with the mRNAs for glutamate receptor subunit 2 (GluR2) and calmodulin1 (CaM1) in both brain and NG108-15 cells...
- Role of AMPA receptors in the nucleus accumbens shell in morphine depedenceElena Chartoff; Fiscal Year: 2009..2005). Prior work has demonstrated that elevating GluR1 levels in the NASh decreases, and GluR2 increases, the rewarding effects of cocaine and lateral hypothalamic brain stimulation (Kelz et al...
- Allosteric Modulators of Glutamate ReceptorsRobert E Oswald; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have determined the crystal structure of one AMPA receptor-binding domain (GluR2 S1S2) with six different allosteric activators and studied some of the complexes using NMR spectroscopy...
- NEUROPATHOLOGY AND PATHOGENESIS OF HUNTINGTON' DISEASEAnton Reiner; Fiscal Year: 2004..2) A preponderance of GluR2 containing AMPARs in striatal neurons projecting to the internal pallidal segment accounts for their lesser ..
- PKC-dependent GluR2 internalization in the spinal cord by persistent painYuan Xiang Tao; Fiscal Year: 2009..AMPA receptor GluR2 subunit, through its binding to GRIP and PICK1, may function in the synaptic AMPA receptor trafficking that is ..
- PKC-Dependent Spinal GluR2 Internalization Triggered by NMDARs in Chronic PainYuan Xiang Tao; Fiscal Year: 2010..The AMPA receptor GluR2 subunit, through its binding to GRIP and PICK1, may function in the synaptic AMPA receptor trafficking that is ..
- AMPA Receptor Trafficking and Signaling ComplexesEdward B Ziff; Fiscal Year: 2010We will study the mechanism of trafficking of the GluR2 subunit of the AMPA receptor to synapses in cultured hippocampal neurons...
- RNA editing of AMPA receptor subunit GluR2 in ischemiaYouMing Lu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Ca2+ permeability of the channels is dominated by GluR2 RNA editing at the Q/R site;edited GluR2(R) subunits form Ca2+-impermeable channels, whereas unedited GluR2(Q) ..
- Regulation of NSF and AMPA receptor by serum inducible kinaseDANIELLE MARIE EVERS; Fiscal Year: 2010..in neurons, 2) determine the influence of SNK binding NSF on NSF interaction with the AMPA receptor subunit, GluR2 and 3) examine if SNK-NSF interaction disrupts stability of AMPA receptors at the cell surface...
- THE MECHANISM AND FUNCTION OF A TO I RNA EDITINGJinghua Yang; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed experiments will provide fundamental information regarding the role of A-to-I pre-mRNA editing in mammalian gene expression and regulation that could be used to combat disease. ..