Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GJC1
Description: gap junction protein, gamma 1, 45kDa
Alias: CX45, GJA7, connexin 45, connexin-45, gap junction alpha-7 protein, gap junction gamma-1 protein
Publications128 found, 100 shown here
- Connexin45 directly binds to ZO-1 and localizes to the tight junction region in epithelial MDCK cellsP J Kausalya
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Epithelial Cell Biology Laboratory, Singapore
FEBS Lett 505:92-6. 2001..b>Cx45 interacts with the PDZ domains of ZO-1 and ZO-3, but not ZO-2, via a short C-terminal PDZ binding motif (SVWI)...
- Connexin45 interacts with zonula occludens-1 in osteoblastic cellsJ G Laing
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Cell Commun Adhes 8:209-12. 2001Connexin43 (Cx43) and Cx45 are co-expressed in a number of different tissues...
- Ultrastructural localization of connexins (Cx36, Cx43, Cx45), glutamate receptors and aquaporin-4 in rodent olfactory mucosa, olfactory nerve and olfactory bulbJohn E Rash
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, 80523, USA
J Neurocytol 34:307-41. 2005..With mRNA for connexins Cx36, Cx43 and Cx45 detected within ORN somata and Cx36 and Cx43 proteins reported in ORN somata and axons, abundant gap junctions were ..
- Alpha-1-adrenoceptor subtype selective regulation of connexin 43 expression in rat cardiomyocytesDiana Marcela Rojas Gomez
Clinic for Cardiac Surgery, University of Leipzig, Struempellstr 39, 04289 Leipzig, Germany
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 377:77-85. 2008..Phenylephrine led to enhanced Cx43 expression with a pEC50 8.00+/-0.06. The other cardiac connexins, Cx40 and Cx45, as well as GAPDH were not affected...
- mRNA expression pattern of multiple members of connexin gene family in normal and abnormal fetal gonads in mouseSubhash C Juneja
Department of Zoology, The University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 47:147-56. 2003..The mRNA expression pattern of connexins (Cx26, Cx30.3, Cx31, Cx31.1, Cx32, Cx37, Cx40, Cx43, Cx45, Cx46 and Cx50) was analyzed by RT-PCR...
- Calcium-activated potassium channel and connexin expression in small mesenteric arteries from eNOS-deficient (eNOS-/-) and eNOS-expressing (eNOS+/+) miceLisa Ceroni
Smooth Muscle Research Group, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 4N1
Eur J Pharmacol 560:193-200. 2007..that the expression levels of SK, IK, as well as vascular connexins, notably 37, 40 and 43 but, potentially, connexin 45, would show correlation with the contribution of EDHF to acetylcholine-mediated vasodilatation as well as, in ..
- Intercellular communication in the immune system: differential expression of connexin40 and 43, and perturbation of gap junction channel functions in peripheral blood and tonsil human lymphocyte subpopulationsE Oviedo-Orta
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Wales Heart Research Institute, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, UK
Immunology 99:578-90. 2000..lymphocytes, but Cx40 mRNA expression was confined to tonsil-derived T and B lymphocytes; Cx26, Cx32, Cx37 and Cx45 were not detected by reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR)...
- Gap junctions contain different amounts of cholesterol which undergo unique sequestering processes during fiber cell differentiation in the embryonic chicken lensSondip K Biswas
Depatment of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30310, USA
Mol Vis 13:345-59. 2007..The possible mechanism by which cholesterol is removed from gap junction plaques is also investigated...
- Chronic regulation of the expression of gap junction proteins connexin40, connexin43, and connexin45 in neonatal rat cardiomyocytesAida Salameh
Medizinische Klinik I, Abteilung Kardiologie, Universitätsklinik Leipzig, Johannisallee 32, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Eur J Pharmacol 503:9-16. 2004..connexin40 (Cx40) is expressed in the atria and in the conduction system [together with low levels of connexin45 (Cx45)]...
- Connexin45-containing neuronal gap junctions in rodent retina also contain connexin36 in both apposing hemiplaques, forming bihomotypic gap junctions, with scaffolding contributed by zonula occludens-1Xinbo Li
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
J Neurosci 28:9769-89. 2008..particularly in the inner plexiform layer (IPL), where the two principal neuronal connexin proteins are Cx36 and Cx45. Currently undetermined are coupling relationships between these connexins and whether both are expressed together ..
- Alterations in connexin expression in the bladder of patients with urge symptomsJochen Neuhaus
Department of Urology, Clinic for Urology, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
BJU Int 96:670-6. 2005..of gap junctions between detrusor smooth muscle cells in situ and the distribution of connexin (Cx)40, Cx43 and Cx45 expressions in bladder biopsies from a control group (with bladder tumour) and from patients with urge symptoms, as ..
- Stimulation of lens cell differentiation by gap junction protein connexin 45.6Sumin Gu
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:2103-11. 2003..The present study was undertaken to explore the roles gap junctions play in lens epithelial cell differentiation...
- Connexin43 null mice reveal that astrocytes express multiple connexinsR Dermietzel
Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Brain Res Brain Res Rev 32:45-56. 2000..Presence of Cx40 and Cx45 in brains and astrocytes cultured from both Cx43 (-/-) mice and wildtype littermates was confirmed by RT-PCR, ..
- Dysregulation of connexins and inactivation of NFATc1 in the cardiovascular system of Nkx2-5 null mutantsLaurent Dupays
Laboratoire de Génétique et Physiologie du Développement UMR CNRS 6545, Institut de Biologie du Developpement de Marseille, Universite de la Mediterranee, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
J Mol Cell Cardiol 38:787-98. 2005..due in part to the poor development of the ventricular trabecular network, as well as specific downregulation of Cx45 gene expression...
- Opposing effects of nitric oxide on different connexins expressed in the vascular systemP Kameritsch
Institute of Physiology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Germany
Cell Commun Adhes 10:305-9. 2003..In the vascular system, gap junctions can be formed by four different connexins (Cx37, Cx40, Cx43 and Cx45)...
- Multiple members of the connexin gene family participate in preimplantation development of the mouseT C Davies
Department of Zoology, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Dev Genet 18:234-43. 1996..They can be divided into two groups with respect to the timing of mRNA accumulation: Cx31, Cx43, and Cx45 mRNAs accumulate continuously from the two- or four-cell stage, whereas Cx30.3, Cx31...
- Electrical synapses--gap junctions in the brainCarola Meier
Department of Neuroanatomy and Molecular Brain Research, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
Results Probl Cell Differ 43:99-128. 2006..We outline the distribution of Cx36 as well as two other neuronal connexins (Cx57 and Cx45) in the nervous system, describing their spatial and temporal expression patterns...
- Immunochemical characterization of the gap junction protein connexin45 in mouse kidney and transfected human HeLa cellsA Butterweck
Institut für Genetik Abteilung Molekulargenetik, Universitat, Bonn, Germany
J Membr Biol 141:247-56. 1994Antibodies to the gap junction protein connexin45 (Cx45) were obtained by immunizing rabbits with fusion protein consisting of glutathione S-transferase and 138 carboxy-terminal amino acids of mouse Cx45...
- Gap junction remodeling associated with cholesterol redistribution during fiber cell maturation in the adult chicken lensSondip K Biswas
Department of Neurobiology, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30310, USA
Mol Vis 15:1492-508. 2009..We also evaluated the hypothesis that the cleavage of the COOH-terminus of chick Cx50 (formerly Cx45.6) during fiber cell maturation would affect the gap junction remodeling.
- Modulation of connexin43 alters expression of osteoblastic differentiation markersZhongyong Li
Division of Musculoskeletal Sciences, Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine 500 University Dr, Hershey, 17033, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 290:C1248-55. 2006..This suggests that other connexins, such as Cx45, which is expressed to a similar degree in hFOB/Cx43(-) cells and hFOB/pvc cells, contribute to cell-to-cell ..
- Molecular cloning and developmental expression of two chick embryo gap junction proteinsE C Beyer
Edward Mallinckrodt Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110
J Biol Chem 265:14439-43. 1990..They may provide a mechanism for the formation of communication compartments in the developing myocardium...
- Permeability of homotypic and heterotypic gap junction channels formed of cardiac connexins mCx30.2, Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45Mindaugas Rackauskas
Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H1729-36. 2007..The anionic divalent dye Lucifer yellow (LY) remained permeant in Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45 channels, but transfer through mCx30.2 channels was not detected...
- Identification and expression analysis of connexin-45 and connexin-60 as major connexins in porcine oocytesM Nitta
Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Ikoma, Nara, Japan
J Anim Sci 88:3269-79. 2010..We demonstrate that there is diversity in the connexin genes expressed in mammalian oocytes, and hence in the gap junctions connecting oocytes and cumulus cells...
- Expression of connexin 45 in the olfactory systemChunbo Zhang
Department of Cellular and Structural Biology, Neuroscience Program and the Rocky Mountain Taste and Smell Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 E Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Brain Res 929:37-47. 2002Gap junctions represent an important mode of intercellular communication. Connexin 45 (Cx45) is a member of the connexin family that forms gap junctions between adjacent cells...
- Differential expression of connexins during histogenesis of the chick retinaA H Kihara
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Dev Neurobiol 68:1287-302. 2008..Herein, we analyzed Cx43, Cx45, Cx50, and Cx56 expression during chick retinal histogenesis...
- Connexins and the kidneyFiona Hanner
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Zilkha Neurogenetic Institute, University of Southern California, 1501 San Pablo St, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 298:R1143-55. 2010..In the renal vasculature, Cx37, Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45 are expressed, with predominant expression of Cx40 in the endothelial cells and Cx45 in the vascular smooth muscle ..
- Interactions of connexins with other membrane channels and transportersMarc Chanson
Department of Pediatrics, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
Prog Biophys Mol Biol 94:233-44. 2007..Moreover, a direct interaction between Cx45.6 and the Major Intrinsic Protein/AQP0 in lens appears to influence the process of cell differentiation whereas ..
- Cellular expression of connexins in the rat brain: neuronal localization, effects of kainate-induced seizures and expression in apoptotic neuronal cellsDaniele F Condorelli
Department of Chemical Sciences, Section of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 18:1807-27. 2003..for neuronal markers, we provide evidence that, among cerebral connexins (Cx26, Cx32, Cx36, Cx37, Cx40, Cx43, Cx45 and Cx47), only Cx45 and Cx36 mRNAs are localized in neuronal cells in both developing and adult rat brain...
- Comparison of connexin expression patterns in the developing mouse heart and human foetal heartSteven R Coppen
Cardiac Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK
Mol Cell Biochem 242:121-7. 2003..The expression of the three major connexins (Cx43, Cx40 and Cx45) present in cardiac myocytes is known to be developmentally regulated but it is not clear how the patterns in the ..
- Up-regulation of connexin45 in heart failureKathryn A Yamada
Department of Medicine Cardiovascular Division, Center for Cardiovascular Research, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 14:1205-12. 2003..Other cardiac connexins may be altered as well. Because connexin45 (Cx45) has been shown to colocalize with Cx43, we determined whether the number, size, or distribution of Cx45 gap ..
- The extracellular matrix controls gap junction protein expression and function in postnatal hippocampal neural progenitor cellsSophie Imbeault
Neural Regeneration Laboratory and Ottawa Institute of Systems Biology, Dept of Biochemistry, Microbiology, and Immunology, University of Ottawa, ON, Canada
BMC Neurosci 10:13. 2009..It is not known how these two signalling systems interact. Here, we examined the role of ECM components in regulating connexin expression and function in postnatal hippocampal progenitor cells...
- Interaction of major intrinsic protein (aquaporin-0) with fiber connexins in lens developmentX Sean Yu
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
J Cell Sci 117:871-80. 2004..sections of the lens tissues showed that MIP(AQP0) consistently localized with gap junction plaques formed by Cx45.6 and Cx56 during the early stages of embryonic chick lens development...
- Biophysical properties of homomeric and heteromultimeric channels formed by cardiac connexinsAlonso P Moreno
Krannert Institute of Cardiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, 1800 N Capitol Ave Suite 310, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Cardiovasc Res 62:276-86. 2004..g., cx43, cx45 or cx40...
- Expression of connexins 36, 43, and 45 during postnatal development of the mouse retinaAlexandre Hiroaki Kihara
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Neurobiol 66:1397-410. 2006..The present study was undertaken to determine the distribution pattern of Cx36, Cx43, and Cx45 by immunofluorescence, as well as their gene expression levels by quantitative PCR during postnatal development of ..
- Connexins and impulse propagation in the mouse heartJ Jalife
Department of Pharmacology, SUNY Health Science Center, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 10:1649-63. 1999..Three gap junction proteins, known as connexins, are expressed in the heart: Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45. Each of these proteins forms channels with unique biophysical and electrophysiologic properties, as well as ..
- Meclofenamic acid blocks electrical synapses of retinal AII amacrine and on-cone bipolar cellsMargaret Lin Veruki
University of Bergen, Department of Biomedicine, Jonas Lies vei 91, N 5009 Bergen, Norway
J Neurophysiol 101:2339-47. 2009..electrical synapses between AII amacrines and on-cone bipolar cells express Cx36 on the amacrine side and Cx36 or Cx45 on the bipolar side...
- Contribution of connexins to the function of the vascular wallJacques Antoine Haefliger
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, 19 135S Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Cardiovasc Res 62:345-56. 2004..Connexin 37 (Cx37), Cx40 and Cx43, whereas the underlying smooth muscle cells may express Cx37, Cx40, Cx43 and Cx45. Moreover, myoendothelial gap junctions have also been shown to be involved in the regulation of vascular tone...
- Expression and modulation of connexin 30.2, a novel gap junction protein in the mouse retinaLuis Pérez de Sevilla Müller
Department of Neurobiology, University of Oldenburg, Oldenburg, Germany
Vis Neurosci 27:91-101. 2010..In retinal neurons, only connexin 36, connexin 45, connexin 50, and connexin 57 have been described so far...
- Heteromeric mixing of connexins: compatibility of partners and functional consequencesE C Beyer
Department of Pediatrics, University of Chicago, IL 60637 1470, USA
Cell Commun Adhes 8:199-204. 2001..by Ni-NTA chromatography) to examine heteromeric mixing of Cx43 with other connexins (including Cx26, Cx37, Cx40, Cx45, and Cx56) in transfected cells...
- Electrotonic loading of anisotropic cardiac monolayers by unexcitable cells depends on connexin type and expression levelLuke C McSpadden
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 297:C339-51. 2009..These results signify connexin isoform and expression level as important contributors to potential electrical interactions between unexcitable cells and myocytes in cardiac tissue...
- The detection of hamster connexins: a comparison of expression profiles with wild-type mouse and the cancer-prone Min mouseVéronique Cruciani
Department of Environmental and Occupational Cancer, Institute for Cancer Research, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Cell Commun Adhes 11:155-71. 2004..using tissues) and 16 connexins from the Chinese hamster cell line V79, were fully (Cx30, Cx31, Cx37, Cx43 and Cx45) or partially sequenced...
- Is there a role for remodeled connexins in AF? No simple answersHeather S Duffy
Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 44:4-13. 2008..Cx40 is the primary, or most abundant, gap junction protein in atria although Cx43 is also abundantly expressed. Cx45 is also expressed in atria, although at low levels...
- Localization of heterotypic gap junctions composed of connexin45 and connexin36 in the rod pathway of the mouse retinaKarin Dedek
Department of Neurobiology, University of Oldenburg, D 26111 Oldenburg, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 24:1675-86. 2006..Two gap junctional proteins, connexin36 (Cx36) and connexin45 (Cx45), appear to play a pivotal role in this pathway because lack of either protein leads to an impairment of visual ..
- Expression of connexins in embryonic mouse neocortical developmentCima Cina
Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6T 1Z3, Canada
J Comp Neurol 504:298-313. 2007..and immunohistochemistry, we found that among the family of gap junction proteins, Cx26, Cx36, Cx37, Cx43, and Cx45 were expressed in the developing cortex of mice, Cx30 and Cx32 were absent, while Cx40 was expressed at a very low ..
- Implication of connexins 40 and 43 in functional coupling between mouse cardiac fibroblasts in primary cultureClaire Louault
Institut de Physiologie et Biologie Cellulaires, Universite de Poitiers, CNRS UMR 6187, 40 Avenue du Recteur Pineau, 86022 Poitiers Cedex, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1778:2097-104. 2008..show that mRNA and proteins of connexin40 and connexin43 are expressed in cultured cardiac fibroblasts, while Cx45 is not detected...
- Upregulation and maintenance of gap junctional communication in lens cellsBruce A Boswell
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology L224, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Exp Eye Res 88:919-27. 2009..We show here that Cx45.6 and Cx56, the chick orthologs of mammalian Cx50 and Cx46, behave similarly in DCDMLs...
- Characterization of zebrafish Cx43.4 connexin and its channelsT Desplantez
Physiologisches Institut, Universitat Bern, Switzerland
Exp Physiol 88:681-90. 2003..4, an orthologue of mammalian and avian Cx45, and the electrophysiological properties of junctional channels formed by this protein...
- Human and mouse microglia express connexin36, and functional gap junctions are formed between rodent microglia and neuronsK Dobrenis
Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Neurosci Res 82:306-15. 2005..Cxs tested, expression of Cx36 mRNA and protein was found in microglial cultures prepared from human and mouse, and Cx45 mRNA was found in mouse microglial cultures...
- Electrical propagation in synthetic ventricular myocyte strands from germline connexin43 knockout micePhilippe Beauchamp
Department of Physiology, University of Bern, Switzerland
Circ Res 95:170-8. 2004..The amount of Cx43, Cx45, and Cx40 in gap junctions was analyzed by immunohistochemistry and confocal microscopy...
- Gap junctions and the connexin protein familyGoran Sohl
Institut fur Genetik, Abteilung Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, 53117 Bonn, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 62:228-32. 2004..Cx40 were demonstrated to be functionally expressed in mouse and human endothelial cells and Cx40, Cx43 as well as Cx45 in cardiomyocytes of both species...
- Contribution of Intracellular Calcium and pH in Ischemic Uncoupling of Cardiac Gap Junction Channels Formed of Connexins 43, 40, and 45: A Critical Function of C-Terminal DomainGiriraj Sahu
Department of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
PLoS ONE 8:e60506. 2013..5 minutes of OGD decreased the junctional conductance (Gj) of Cx43, Cx40 and Cx45 by 53±3%, 64±1% and 85±2% respectively...
- What do we learn from double Cx40/Cx45-deficient mice about cardiac morphogenetic defects and conduction abnormalities?Halina Dobrzynski
J Mol Cell Cardiol 41:774-7. 2006
- Connexin45 modulates the proliferation of transit-amplifying precursor cells in the mouse subventricular zoneKonstantin Khodosevich
Department of Clinical Neurobiology, University Hospital and German Cancer Research Center, DKFZ, Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:20107-12. 2012..Thus, overexpression of Cx45 by retroviral injections increased the proliferation of Mash-1-positive transit-amplifying precursor cells in the ..
- Age- and myopathy-dependent changes in connexins of normal and cardiomyopathic Syrian hamster ventricular myocardiumM Chen
Department of Physiology, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 78:669-78. 2000..The major Cx reported in the heart is Cx43, although some Cx40 and Cx45 are also present. There is some evidence for altered Cx content in heart failure...
- [Gap junctions and bone remodeling]Julie Talbot
INSERM, UMR 957, Universite de Nantes, Laboratoire de Physiopathologie de la Résorption Osseuse et Thérapie des Tumeurs Osseuses Primitives, Faculte de Medecine, CHU de Nantes, Nantes, France
Biol Aujourdhui 206:125-34. 2012..distributed in different cell types, is the main gap junction protein expressed in human bone cells, although Cx45 and Cx46 have been reported to be expressed as well...
- Roles of connexins in atherosclerosis and ischemia-reperfusion injurySandrine Morel
Foundation for Medical Research, Cardiology, 2nd Floor, University of Geneva, 64 Avenue de la Roseraie, CH 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 13:17-26. 2012..Four main connexins are expressed in the cardiovascular system: Cx37, Cx40, Cx43 and Cx45. Their expression pattern is not uniform and depends on intrinsic and environmental factors...
- Neurons and β-cells of the pancreas express connexin36, forming gap junction channels that exhibit strong cationic selectivityFeliksas F Bukauskas
Dominick P Purpura Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Membr Biol 245:243-53. 2012..The P(γ) of Cx36 for AFl-350 is approximately 358, 138, 23 and four times smaller than the P(γ)s of Cx43, Cx40, Cx45, and Cx57, respectively. In contrast, it is 6.5-fold higher than the P(γ) of mCx30...
- Endothelin-induced differentiation of Nkx2.5⁺ cardiac progenitor cells into pacemaking cellsXi Zhang
Institute of Biomedical Engineering, The Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Mol Cell Biochem 366:309-18. 2012..In conclusion, our study support the notion that pacemaking cells originate from Nkx2.5(+) CPCs present in embryonic heart tubes and endothelin-1 might be involved in diversification of cardiomyogenic progenitors toward the cells...
- Electrical coupling and propagation in engineered ventricular myocardium with heterogeneous expression of connexin43Philippe Beauchamp
Department of Physiology, University of Bern, Switzerland
Circ Res 110:1445-53. 2012..Spatial heterogeneity in connexin (Cx) expression has been implicated in arrhythmogenesis...
- Loss of alpha 1 connexin does not alter the prenatal differentiation of pancreatic beta cells and leads to the identification of another islet cell connexinA Charollais
Department of Morphology, University of Geneva, Medical School, Centre Medical Universitaire, Switzerland
Dev Genet 24:13-26. 1999..contain six connexin transcripts, including one that codes for alpha 6 connexin, a protein also referred to as Cx45. This transcript was also identified in isolated pancreatic islets, in FACS-purified suspensions of primary beta ..
- Novel anti-cancer compounds: structure-based discovery of chemical chaperons for p53Yumiko Okuda
Division of Prion Research, Center for Emerging Infectious Diseases, Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu University, Gifu 501 1194, Japan
Oncol Rep 22:739-44. 2009..Simply based on the docking energy, we extracted 70 compounds (GJC1-GJC70) and examined their anti-cancer activity using the MTT assay of the human colon cancer cells, HCT116...
- Cardiac connexins and impulse propagationJohn A Jansen
Department of Medical Physiology, Division Heart and Lungs, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Mol Cell Cardiol 48:76-82. 2010..Cx), of which three main isoforms are found in the conductive and working myocardial cells: Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45. These isoforms are regionally expressed in the heart, which suggests a specific role or function of a specific ..
- Connexin43 knockdown or overexpression modulates cell coupling in control and failing rabbit left ventricular myocytesXun Ai
Division of Cardiovascular Disease, Department of Medicine, UAB Center for Cardiovascular Biology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1670 University Boulevard, Volker Hall B140, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Cardiovasc Res 85:751-62. 2010..However, the role of Cx43 downregulation per se in impaired coupling in HF is unclear...
- Connexin-based signaling in acute myelogenous leukemia (AML)Brynjar Foss
Department of Health Studies, University of Stavanger, Stavanger, Norway
Biochim Biophys Acta 1798:1-8. 2010....
- Improving cardiac gap junction communication as a new antiarrhythmic mechanism: the action of antiarrhythmic peptidesStefan Dhein
Clinic for Cardiac Surgery, University of Leipzig, Struempellstr 39, 04289, Leipzig, Germany
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 381:221-34. 2010..21 isoforms of connexins are presently known, cardiomyocytes typically are coupled by Cx43 (most abundant), Cx40 or Cx45. Some years ago, antiarrhythmic peptides were discovered and synthesised, which were shown to increase macroscopic ..
- Connexin 40 mediates the tubuloglomerular feedback contribution to renal blood flow autoregulationArmin Just
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, Carolina Cardiovascular Biology Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 20:1577-85. 2009..In transgenic mice with Cx40 replaced by Cx45, steady-state autoregulation and TGF were weaker than those in wild-type mice but stronger than those in Cx40-ko ..
- Connexins participate in the initiation and progression of atherosclerosisSandrine Morel
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Geneva University Hospitals, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Semin Immunopathol 31:49-61. 2009..Four connexins are expressed in the vascular wall: Cx37, Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45. Their expression is not uniform in all blood vessels and varies with vascular territory and species...
- Expression pattern of connexins in the corneal and limbal epithelium of a primateXiaoyong Yuan
Department of Ophthalmology, Cullen Eye Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cornea 28:194-9. 2009..To detect the expression pattern of connexins in epithelial cells of the central cornea and limbus of the macaque...
- Connexin expression in the retinaG Sohl
Institut fur Genetik, Abteilung fur Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, Germany
Brain Res Brain Res Rev 32:138-45. 2000..Cx36 and Cx45 immunoreactive signals were found in the inner and outer plexiform layer, both of which are known to show ..
- [Cardiac arrhythmias in targeted connexin deficient mice: significance for the arrhythmia field]A Hagendorff
Medizinische Klinik I der Universität Leipzig Abteilung Kardiologie Angiologie Johannisallee 32 04103 Leipzig, Deutschland
Z Kardiol 89:1108-18. 2000..Three different connexines were documented in the cardiac myocytes: Cx40, Cx43 and Cx45. The labeling by number represents the rounded, molecular mass of the amino acid sequences given in kD...
- Fate of connexin43 in cardiac tissue harbouring a disease-linked connexin43 mutantJanet L Manias
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Cardiovasc Res 80:385-95. 2008....
- Coexpression of connexin 45 with connexin 43 decreases gap junction sizeKatharina Grikscheit
Department of Cardiac Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, London, United Kingdom
Cell Commun Adhes 15:185-93. 2008In the human heart, ventricular myocytes express connexin 43 (Cx43) and traces of Cx45. In congestive heart failure, Cx43 levels decrease, Cx45 levels increase and gap junction size decreases...
- Lens fiber connexin turnover and caspase-3-mediated cleavage are regulated alternately by phosphorylationXinye Yin
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Cell Commun Adhes 15:1-11. 2008..We have previously identified an in vivo phosphorylation site, Ser(364), at the COOH terminus of lens connexin (Cx) Cx45.6 and phosphorylation appears to regulate connexin protein turnover...
- Connexin36 is required for gap junctional coupling of most ganglion cell subtypes in the mouse retinaFeng Pan
Department of Ophthalmology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Comp Neurol 518:911-27. 2010..Both connexin36 (Cx36) and connexin45 (Cx45) subunits are widely distributed in the inner plexiform layer (IPL) and therefore are likely contribute to gap ..
- Expression pattern of connexin gene products at the early developmental stages of the mouse cardiovascular systemB Delorme
Laboratoire de Genetique et Physiologie du Developpement, UMR C9943, Institut de Biologie du Developpement de Marseille, France
Circ Res 81:423-37. 1997..Products of several Cx genes have been identified in the mammalian heart (eg, Cx45, Cx43, Cx40, and Cx37), and their expression was shown to be regulated during the development of the myocardium...
- Expression of multiple gap junction proteins in human fetal and infant heartsS C Chen
Department of Pathology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110
Pediatr Res 36:561-6. 1994..Northern blot analysis identified transcripts of connexin40 (Cx40), connexin43 (Cx43), and connexin45 (Cx45) genes in all hearts analyzed...
- Quantitative validation of GJC1 promoter hypermethylation in benign and malignant colorectal tumorsDeeqa Ahmed
Department of Cancer Prevention, Institute for Cancer Research, Oslo University Hospital, PO Box 4953 Nydalen, NO 0424 Oslo, Norway
Endocr Relat Cancer 18:C31-4. 2011We have previously shown that the gap junction protein γ 1 (GJC1) gene, encoding the connexin-45 protein, is inactivated by promoter hypermethylation in colorectal cancer...
- Novel candidate colorectal cancer biomarkers identified by methylation microarray-based scanningYuriko Mori
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 720 Rutland Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 18:465-78. 2011..GLP1R), BTG4, homer homolog 2 (HOMER2), zinc finger protein 583 (ZNF583), and gap junction protein, gamma 1 (GJC1)...
- pH-dependent modulation of connexin-based gap junctional uncouplersVytenis A Skeberdis
Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, Institute of Cardiology, 17 Sukilėliųu Avenue, Kaunas 50009, Lithuania
J Physiol 589:3495-506. 2011..2, Cx36, Cx40, Cx43, Cx45, Cx46, Cx47 and Cx50 by reagents representing several distinct groups of uncouplers, such as long carbon chain ..
- Regulation of gap junctional communication by astrocytic mitochondrial K(ATP) channels following neurotoxin administration in in vitro and in vivo modelsKewen Jiang
Department of Neurology, The Children s Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, China
Neurosignals 19:63-74. 2011..astrocytic GJ coupling in the hippocampus after seizures due to the colabeling of GJ subunit connexin 43 and connexin 45 with glial marker and was increased substantially by the administration of diazoxide...
- Mutation screening of the GJA7 (Cx45) gene in a large international series of probands with nonsyndromic hearing impairmentXiao Mei Ouyang
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Miami, Miami, Florida, USA
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 15:333-6. 2011..b>Cx45 is another gap junction protein, coded by the GJA7 gene...
- Subcellular distribution of connexin45 in OFF bipolar cells of the mouse retinaGerrit Hilgen
Department of Neurobiology, University of Oldenburg, Germany
J Comp Neurol 519:433-50. 2011In the mouse retina, connexin45 (Cx45) participates in the gap junction between ON cone bipolar cells and AII amacrine cells, which constitutes an essential element of the primary rod pathway...
- Characterization of hTERT-immortalized osteoblast cell lines generated from wild-type and connexin43-null mouse calvariaMia M Thi
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 299:C994-C1006. 2010..Modest to high level of Cx45 expression was detected in MOBs of both genotypes...
- Differential expression of the gap junction proteins connexin45, -43, -40, -31, and -26 in mouse skinA Butterweck
Abt Molekulargenetik der Universität, Bonn Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 65:152-63. 1994..For this purpose, polyclonal antibodies to Cx31 and Cx45 were raised by immunizing rabbits with fusion proteins of glutathione S-transferase and carboxy-terminal peptides ..
- Molecular cloning of two human cardiac gap junction proteins, connexin40 and connexin45H L Kanter
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110
J Mol Cell Cardiol 26:861-8. 1994..and genomic cloning to isolate DNA encoding the gap junction proteins human connexin40 (Cx40) and connexin45 (Cx45)...
- High-level connexin expression in the human juxtaglomerular apparatusLisa Kurtz
Department of Internal Medicine II, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Nephron Physiol 116:p1-8. 2010..These gap junctions are formed by cell-specific expression patterns of the vascular connexins Cx37, Cx40, Cx43 and Cx45. In order to obtain a first indication if gap junctions might play a similar important functional role in the ..
- Regulation of lens gap junctions by Transforming Growth Factor betaBruce A Boswell
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Mol Biol Cell 21:1686-97. 2010..This reduction in dye coupling is attributable to an inhibition of gap junction assembly. Connexin 45.6, 43, and 56-containing gap junctions are restored, and intercellular dye coupling is increased, if the ..
- Homocysteine enriched diet leads to prolonged QT interval and reduced left ventricular performance in telemetric monitored miceD Rosenberger
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, School of Medicine, 500 S Preston St, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 21:492-8. 2011..that induction of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and matrix metalloproteinase-9 leads to connexin 40, connexin 43, connexin 45 expression changes contributing to decreased cardiac performance and disturbed atrioventricular conduction.
- Coxsackievirus and adenovirus receptor (CAR) mediates atrioventricular-node function and connexin 45 localization in the murine heartByung Kwan Lim
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, Division of Cardiology, La Jolla, California 92093 0613, USA
J Clin Invest 118:2758-70. 2008..In the cardiac-specific CAR-KO (CAR-cKO) mouse, we observed the loss of connexin 45 localization to the cell-cell junctions of the AV node but preservation of connexin 40 and 43 in contracting ..
- [Connexins and junctional channels. Roles in the spreading of cardiac electrical excitation and heart development]J C Herve
Institut de physiologie et de biologie cellulaire, UMR 6187, CNRS Université de Poitiers, 40, avenue du Recteur Pineau, 86022 Poitiers Cedex, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 56:334-41. 2008..b>Cx45 is essential to coordinate the synchronization of contractile activities of embryonic cardiomyocytes and for the ..
- Expression of connexins during differentiation and regeneration of skeletal muscle: functional relevance of connexin43Roberto Araya
Departamento de Fisiologia, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Cell Sci 118:27-37. 2005..Thus, the expression of Cx45 and Cx43 is upregulated during skeletal muscle regeneration and Cx43 is required for normal myogenesis in vitro and ..
- Cellular mechanisms of connexin32 mutations associated with CNS manifestationsKleopas A Kleopa
Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Neurosci Res 68:522-34. 2002..that these mutants have dominant-negative effects on other connexins expressed by oligodendrocytes, specifically Cx45. We expressed these and other Cx32 mutants in communication-incompetent as well as Cx45-expressing HeLa cells, and ..
- Gating properties of heterotypic gap junction channels formed of connexins 40, 43, and 45Mindaugas Rackauskas
Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Biophys J 92:1952-65. 2007..properties of heterotypic gap junction (GJ) channels assembled between cells expressing wild-type Cx40, Cx43, or Cx45 and their fusion forms tagged with color variants of green fluorescent protein...
- Expression of connexins in the normal and obstructed developing kidneyDouglas M Silverstein
Division of Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 18:216-24. 2003..Our reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) studies demonstrate that Cx30, Cx36, Cx37, Cx40, Cx45, Cx46, and Cx50 are expressed in the kidney...
- Connexin-36 contributes to control function of insulin-producing cellsSabine Le Gurun
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, CHUV 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 278:37690-7. 2003..Transcripts for Cx43, Cx45, and Cx36 were detected by reverse transcriptase-PCR in freshly isolated pancreatic islets, whereas only a ..
- Replacement of connexin40 by connexin45 in the mouse: impact on cardiac electrical conductionSébastien Alcoléa
Laboratoire de Genetique et Physiologie du Developpement, UMR CNRS 6545, Institut de Biologie du Developpement de Marseille, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Circ Res 94:100-9. 2004..Cx43, Cx40, and Cx45 are synthesized in the cardiomyocytes, and each of them has a unique cardiac expression pattern...
- Significance of mRNA levels of connexin37, connexin43, and connexin45 in luteinized granulosa cells of controlled hyperstimulated folliclesMeng Yin Tsai
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung County, Taiwan
Fertil Steril 80:1437-43. 2003..To evaluate the mRNA levels of connexins in different sizes of luteinized follicles...
- Heart and head defects in mice lacking pairs of connexinsAlexander M Simon
Department of Physiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Dev Biol 265:369-83. 2004..four are expressed in developing heart: connexin37 (Cx37), connexin40 (Cx40), connexin43 (Cx43), and connexin45 (Cx45)...
- Inhibition of connexin 43 expression and function in cultured rat dental pulp cells by antisense oligonucleotideChul Kyun Chung
Department of Pathology, Tokyo Dental College, 1 2 2, Masago, Mihama ku, Chiba, 261 8502, Japan
Cell Tissue Res 329:295-300. 2007..Furthermore, AS-treated cells highly expressed CX45, whereas S-treated cells exhibited high expression of CX32...
- Involvement of gap junctions in placental functions and developmentA Malassine
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U427, Faculte des Sciences Pharmaceutiques et Biologiques, Universite Rene Descartes, 4 av de l Observatoire, 75270 Paris Cedex 6, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1719:117-24. 2005..development: Cx26 in transplacental uptake of glucose, Cx31 in the proliferative process of trophoblastic cells and Cx45 in placental vascularisation...
- Ageing-related changes of connexins and conduction within the sinoatrial nodeSandra A Jones
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
J Physiol 560:429-37. 2004..within the sinoatrial node decreased with age; however, the expression of other cardiac connexins, Cx40 and Cx45, did not differ with age...
- GAP JUNCTIONS AND IONIC CURRENTS IN DEVELOPING HEARTJenny J Yang; Fiscal Year: 2010..twenty identified mammalian connexin genes, only four connexins, connexin40 (Cx40), connexin43 (Cx43), connexin45 (Cx45), and connexin 31.9 (Cx31.9), are expressed in the heart...
- Function and Expression of Connexins in the pre-Botzinger ComplexJONATHAN KELTY; Fiscal Year: 2007..This aim will be accomplished using in situ hybridization to detect transcripts for Cx26, Cx32, Cx36, Cx45, Cx47, and Cx59 in PBC neurons in tissue from mice from embryonic day 12 through postnatal day 21...
- Neurotransmitter Mechanisms in the Mammalian RetinaSTEPHEN MASSEY; Fiscal Year: 2007..In specific aim 2, we will test the hypothesis that S1 amacrine cells use Cx45. In addition, we will test the hypothesis that Cx36/Cx45 pairs form heterotypic gap junctions between All amacrine ..
- Neurotransmitter Mechanisms in the Mammalian RetinaStephen C Massey; Fiscal Year: 2010..In specific aim 2, we will test the hypothesis that S1 amacrine cells use Cx45. In addition, we will test the hypothesis that Cx36/Cx45 pairs form heterotypic gap junctions between All amacrine ..
- Connexins and electrical synapses in the retinaDavid Paul; Fiscal Year: 2007..Using RT-PCR, we have found Cx45 and Cx57 to be prominently expressed in mouse retina...
- INTERCELLULAR COMMUNICATION IN THE EYE LENSJEAN JIANG; Fiscal Year: 2006..The objective of this application is to understand the mechanistic roles of Cx45.6 in cell differentiation, and in lens growth and development. The central hypothesis is that Cx45...
- CX43 IN A GENETIC MODEL OF ALTERED MYOCARDIAL CONDUCTIONJeffrey Saffitz; Fiscal Year: 2000..and minus/minus mice does not cause changes in myocardial tissue structure or in the overall tissue content of Cx45 and Cx40 (to be tested in Specific Aim 1); 2) Cx43 functions as the predominant intercellular low resistance ..
- CONNEXIN 43 IN BONE FORMATIONRoberto Civitelli; Fiscal Year: 2009..functional gap junctions, formed primarily by the gap junction protein, connexin43 (Cx43), and also by connexin45 (Cx45) [new gene designations: Gja1 and G/a7, respectively]...
- CONNEXIN 43 IN BONE FORMATIONRoberto Civitelli; Fiscal Year: 2010..functional gap junctions, formed primarily by the gap junction protein, connexin43 (Cx43), and also by connexin45 (Cx45) [new gene designations: Gja1 and G/a7, respectively]...
- CONNEXIN 43 IN BONE FORMATIONRoberto Civitelli; Fiscal Year: 2007..functional gap junctions, formed primarily by the gap junction protein, connexin43 (Cx43), and also by connexin45 (Cx45) [new gene designations: Gja1 and G/a7, respectively]...
- INTERCELLULAR COMMUNICATION IN BONE CELL PHYSIOLOGYRoberto Civitelli; Fiscal Year: 2000..One of these, connexin43 (Cx43) mediates "chemical" or "dye" coupling between osteoblasts. The other, connexin45 (Cx45), forms functional gap functions of different molecular permeabilities than those formed by Cx43...
- The Role of Gap Junctions in Peripheral Odor CodingChunbo Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2004..mature olfactory receptor neurons (ORNs) express gap junction protein subunits connexin 36, connexin 43, and connexin 45. Since ORNs display high input resistance, opening of a single ion channel can elicit action potential ..
- Biophysics of CNS ConnexinsVYTAUTAS VERSELIS; Fiscal Year: 2006..studies have established that neurons express Cx36, astrocytes Cx43 and Cx30 and oligodendrocytes Cx32, Cx45 and Cx47. A new GJ gene, Cx30.2 also appears to be expressed in neurons...
- INTERCELLULAR COMMUNICATION IN THE LENSLisa Ebihara; Fiscal Year: 2001..Goals will be to see if Cx46 and Cx50 (or Cx56 and Cx45.6, the chicken counterparts) can form heteromeric channels with novel functional properties...
- Role of Gap Junctions in Blood Vessel AssemblyKAREN K contact HIRSCHI; Fiscal Year: 2010..Gap junction channels can be composed of any of ~20 known connexin (Cx) proteins;however, only Cx37, Cx40, Cx43 and Cx45 are expressed in the vasculature...
- Role of Gap Junctions in Blood Vessel AssemblyKaren Hirschi; Fiscal Year: 2009..junction channels can be composed of any of ~20 known connexin (Cx) proteins; however, only Cx37, Cx40, Cx43 and Cx45 are expressed in the vasculature...
- EXPRESSION AND REGULATION OF GAP JUNCTION IN BONE CELLSTHOMAS STEINBERG; Fiscal Year: 2001..pores called gap junctions, and express three different gap junction proteins: connexin43 (Cx43), connexin45 (Cx45) and connexin46 (Cx46)...
- Embryonic Stem Cell Derived Biological Pacemaker for the HeartKathrin Banach; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will furthermore use stably transfected ES cell lines that are either deficient for the expression of Cx43 or Cx45 or overexpress Cx45.
- Embryonic Stem Cell Derived Biological Pacemaker for the HeartKathrin Banach; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will furthermore use stably transfected ES cell lines that are either deficient for the expression of Cx43 or Cx45 or overexpress Cx45.
- Embryonic Stem Cell Derived Biological Pacemaker for the HeartKathrin Banach; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will furthermore use stably transfected ES cell lines that are either deficient for the expression of Cx43 or Cx45 or overexpress Cx45.
- Embryonic Stem Cell Derived Biological Pacemaker for the HeartKathrin Banach; Fiscal Year: 2009
- Multiphoton imaging of the juxtaglomerular apparatusJanos Peti Peterdi; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 3 will identify the mechanism and importance of Cx45/ATP-mediated inhibition of renin release using multi-photon imaging...
- INTERCELLULAR COMMUNICATION IN THE HEARTEric Beyer; Fiscal Year: 1999..extensively studied Cx43 (which is abundant in ventricular myocardium) and the more recently identified Cx40 and Cx45 (which exhibit unique patterns of expression within cardiac tissues and form gap junction channels with distinct ..
- CONNEXONS IN CARDIOVASCULAR CELL COMMUNICATIONEric Beyer; Fiscal Year: 2007..The major connexin in working myocardium is Cx43, but Cx37, Cx40, and Cx45 are also found in various cardiovascular cells...
- Electrophysiological and antiarrhythmic benefit of cell therapy for heart diseaseKENNETH LAURITA; Fiscal Year: 2010..4) Determine if overexpression of connexin protein (Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45) and SDF-1 (stem cell homing factor) can significantly enhance SKMB and MSC cell therapy for SCD associated with Ml...
- Electrophysiological and antiarrhythmic benefit of cell therapy for heart diseaseKENNETH LAURITA; Fiscal Year: 2009..4) Determine if overexpression of connexin protein (Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45) and SDF-1 (stem cell homing factor) can significantly enhance SKMB and MSC cell therapy for SCD associated with Ml...
- Electrophysiological and antiarrhythmic benefit of cell therapy for heart diseaseKENNETH LAURITA; Fiscal Year: 2007..4) Determine if overexpression of connexin protein (Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45) and SDF-1 (stem cell homing factor) can significantly enhance SKMB and MSC cell therapy for SCD associated with Ml...
- STRUCTURAL & ELECTRICAL REMODELING OF CARDIAC CONNEXIN45KATHRYN YAMADA; Fiscal Year: 2003..We have obtained exciting new evidence of dramatic, focal increases in Cx45 expression in human hearts from patients with end-stage heart failure who are at high risk for developing malignant ..
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF INTERCELLULAR JUNCTIONSDaniel Goodenough; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) A systematic study of the retina has revealed that two other connexins, Cx45 and Cx57 are also expressed by retinal neurons...
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF INTERCELLULAR JUNCTIONSDaniel Goodenough; Fiscal Year: 2003..3) A systematic study of the retina has revealed that two other connexins, Cx45 and Cx57 are also expressed by retinal neurons...
- Role of Gap Junctions in Blood Vessel AssemblyKaren Hirschi; Fiscal Year: 2007..To gain insight into the mechanism(s), we will determine whether other Cx proteins expressed in the vasculature (Cx45, Cx40, Cx37), which exhibit distinct selectivity and regulatory properties, are capable of supporting these ..