Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GFER
Description: growth factor, augmenter of liver regeneration
Alias: ALR, ERV1, HERV1, HPO, HPO1, HPO2, HSS, ERV1 homolog, FAD-linked sulfhydryl oxidase ALR, erv1-like growth factor, hepatic regenerative stimulation substance, hepatopoietin protein
Publications169 found, 100 shown here
- IL-10 deficit correlates with chronic, hypersplenomegaly syndrome in male CBA/J mice infected with Schistosoma mansoniS C Bosshardt
Immunology Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, USA Public Health Service, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Parasite Immunol 19:347-53. 1997..level infections with Schistosoma mansoni, approximately 20% of male CBA/J mice develop hypersplenomegaly syndrome (HSS) while the rest present with moderate splenomegaly syndrome (MSS)...
- Expression of alr gene from Corynebacterium glutamicum ATCC 13032 in Escherichia coli and molecular characterization of the recombinant alanine racemaseTadao Oikawa
Department of Biotechnology, Faculty of Engineering, Kansai University, 3 3 35 Yamate cho, Suita, Osaka Fu 564 8680, Japan
J Biotechnol 125:503-12. 2006We constructed the high-expression system of the alr gene from Corynebacterium glutamicum ATCC 13032 in Escherichia coli BL 21 (DE3) to characterize the enzymological and structural properties of the gene product, Alr...
- Augmenter of liver regeneration: an important intracellular survival factor for hepatocytesChinnasamy Thirunavukkarasu
Department of Surgery, Thomas E Starzl Transplantation Institute, University of Pittsburgh, E 1542 BST, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Hepatol 48:578-88. 2008Augmenter of liver regeneration (ALR), a protein synthesized and stored in hepatocytes, is associated with mitochondria, and possesses sulfhydryl oxidase and cytochrome c reductase activities...
- Human augmenter of liver regeneration is important for hepatoma cell viability and resistance to radiation-induced oxidative stressYan Cao
Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, Beijing 100850, China
Free Radic Biol Med 47:1057-66. 2009..Overexpression of ALR significantly increased the mitochondrial membrane potential, inhibited cytochrome c release, and opposed the loss ..
- Protective effect of augmenter of liver regeneration on hydrogen peroxide-induced apoptosis in SH-SY5Y human neuroblastoma cellsLorenzo Polimeno
Section of Gastroenterology, Department of Emergency and Organ Transplantation DETO, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Free Radic Res 43:865-75. 2009..Disulphide bridges formation is catalysed by sulphydryl oxidase enzymes...
- Augmenter of liver regeneration: its place in the universe of hepatic growth factorsA Francavilla
Pittsburgh Transplant Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pennsylvania 15213
Hepatology 20:747-57. 1994
- Identification of hepatopoietin dimerization, its interacting regions and alternative splicing of its transcriptionYong Li
Department of Genomics and Proteomics, Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, Chinese National Human Genome Center, China
Eur J Biochem 269:3888-93. 2002Hepatopoietin (HPO) is a novel human hepatotrophic growth factor...
- Intracrine hepatopoietin potentiates AP-1 activity through JAB1 independent of MAPK pathwayChengrong Lu
Department of Genomics and Proteomics, Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, Chinese National Human Genome Center at Beijing, Beijing 100850, P R China
FASEB J 16:90-2. 2002Many growth factors and cytokines are involved in liver regeneration. Of them, only hepatopoietin (HPO)/ALR (augmenter of liver regeneration) is a specifically hepatotrophic factor originally identified from the cytosol of regenerating ..
- A viral member of the ERV1/ALR protein family participates in a cytoplasmic pathway of disulfide bond formationT G Senkevich
Laboratory of Viral Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:12068-73. 2000Proteins of the ERV1/ALR family are encoded by all eukaryotes and cytoplasmic DNA viruses for which substantial sequence information is available. Nevertheless, the roles of these proteins are imprecisely known...
- Beneficial effect of indapamide in experimental myocardial ischemiaF R Boucher
Laboratoire de Physiologie Cellulaire Cardiaque, , Grenoble, France
Am J Hypertens 5:22-5. 1992..after 15 min of reperfusion was significantly reduced; 3) the myocardial content of organic hydroperoxides (HPO), taken as an index of lipid peroxidation, was significantly lowered, whereas the activity of superoxide dismutase (..
- A mutant for the yeast scERV1 gene displays a new defect in mitochondrial morphology and distributionD Becher
, , Jahnstrasse 15a, 17487 Greifswald, Germany
Yeast 15:1171-81. 1999..The homologous mammalian ALR(Augmenter of Liver Regeneration) genes from man, mouse and rat are important at different developmental stages of ..
- Alpha-chymotrypsin catalysis in imidazolium-based ionic liquidsJ A Laszlo
New Crops and Processing Research, USDA-ARS, National Center for Agricultural Utilization Research, 1815 N. University St, Peoria, IL 61604 USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 75:181-6. 2001..alpha-Chymotrypsin freeze-dried with K(2)HPO(4), KCl, or poly(ethylene glycol) demonstrated no activity in [bmim][PF(6)] or [omim][PF(6)] at very low water ..
- Behaviour and dynamics of di-ammonium phosphate in bauxite processing residue sand in Western Australia--I. NH3 volatilisation and residual nitrogen availabilityC R Chen
Environmental Futures Centre and Griffith School of Environment, Griffith University, Nathan, Queensland, 4111, Australia
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 17:1098-109. 2010..Alcoa currently applies 2.7 t ha(-1) of di-ammonium phosphate ((NH(4))(2)HPO(4); DAP)-based fertiliser as a part of rehabilitation of the outer residue sand embankments of its RDAs...
- [Anti-virus effect of hepatocyte stimulating substance (HSS) on duck hepatitis B virus in vivo]G Chen
The 302 Hospital of PLA, Beijing 100039
Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi 11:329-32. 1997..day old Beijing ducklings infected by duck hepatitis B virus as experimental model to observe anti-virus effect of HSS. Beijing ducklings hatched within one day were injected intravenously with duck hepatitis B virus (DHBV)...
- Gene cloning and characterization of alanine racemases from Shigella dysenteriae, Shigella boydii, Shigella flexneri, and Shigella sonneiK Yokoigawa
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Nara Women s University, Nara, 630 8506, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 288:676-84. 2001Alanine racemase genes (alr) from Shigella dysenteriae, Shigella boydii, Shigella flexneri, and Shigella sonnei were cloned and expressed in Escherichia coli JM109...
- Mammalian augmenter of liver regeneration protein is a sulfhydryl oxidaseT Lisowsky
Botanisches Institut, Henrich Heine Universität Düsseldorf, Germany
Dig Liver Dis 33:173-80. 2001....
- [Bronchial carcinoma associated with pulmonary osteoarthropathy (Marie-Bamberger)]W Pankow
Pneumologie 44:1306-11. 1990Hypertrophic pulmonary osteoarthropathy (HPO) is characterised by clubbed, or drumstick, fingers and a painful periostitis of the extremities, and occurs most frequently as paraneoplastic symptom in association with bronchial carcinoma...
- Determination of inorganic anions by ion chromatography using a graphitized carbon column dynamically coated with cetyltrimethylammonium ionsH Nagashima
Institute of Science and Technology, Inc, Tokyo, Japan
J Chromatogr A 855:261-6. 1999..in the eluent were examined to optimize the separation of seven common anions (F-, Cl-, NO2-, Br-, NO3-, HPO(4)2- and SO(4)2-). Calibration curves were linear from 0.5 to 5 micrograms/ml for F-, from 1...
- Differential response of retinoic acid pretreated human synovial sarcoma cell line to anticancer drugsM Adwankar
Chemotherapy Division, Cancer Research Institute, Tata Memorial Centre, Parel, Bombay, India
Tumori 77:391-4. 1991The response of tumorigenic human synovial sarcoma (HSS) cell line to 10(-5)M optimum concentration of retinoic acid (RA) included changes in morphology, growth rate, suppression of anchorage-independent growth, induction of high ..
- A novel assay method for an amino acid racemase reaction based on circular dichroismMasafumi Noda
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Kasumi 1 2 3, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Biochem J 389:491-6. 2005..based on circular dichroism that can be used for the kinetic study of the activity of amino acid racemases, such as ALR (alanine racemase)...
- [Medin modular implant for total knee arthroplasty--mid-term results]P Vavrik
I ortopedická klinika 1 LF UK a FN Motol, Praha
Acta Chir Orthop Traumatol Cech 76:30-4. 2009..Pain, range of motion, stability and function were scored on a 100-point scale of the Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) Scoring System. Subjective satisfaction was essessed by the patient's willingness to undergo the surgery again...
- Genetic susceptibility to carbamazepine-induced cutaneous adverse drug reactionsShuen Iu Hung
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, 128 Academia Road Section 2, Nankang, Taipei, Taiwan
Pharmacogenet Genomics 16:297-306. 2006..causes cutaneous adverse drug reactions (cADRs), including maculopapular eruption (MPE), hypersensitivity syndrome (HSS), Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS) and toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN)...
- Equimolar doses of mannitol and hypertonic saline in the treatment of increased intracranial pressureGilles Francony
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Albert Michallon Hospital, Grenoble, France
Crit Care Med 36:795-800. 2008To compare the effects of equimolar doses of 20% mannitol solution and of 7.45% hypertonic saline solution (HSS) in the treatment of patients with sustained elevated intracranial pressure (ICP).
- An African swine fever virus ERV1-ALR homologue, 9GL, affects virion maturation and viral growth in macrophages and viral virulence in swineT Lewis
Plum Island Animal Disease Center, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, Greenport, New York 11944 0848, USA
J Virol 74:1275-85. 2000The African swine fever virus (ASFV) genome contains a gene, 9GL, with similarity to yeast ERV1 and ALR genes. ERV1 has been shown to function in oxidative phosphorylation and in cell growth, while ALR has hepatotrophic activity...
- Time-dependent alginate/polyvinyl alcohol hydrogels as injectable cell carriersSang Ho Cho
Department of Advanced Materials, Hannam University, 461 6 Jeonmin Dong, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 811, South Korea
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 20:863-76. 2009..alcohol (PVA) blend hydrogels with controllable gelation rate by using CaSO(4) as a cross-linking agent and Na(2)HPO(4) as a cross-linking retardation agent...
- Impairment of D-alanine biosynthesis in Mycobacterium smegmatis determines decreased intracellular survival in human macrophagesOfelia Chacon
Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE 68583, USA
Microbiology 155:1440-50. 2009..in eubacteria is the enantiomeric conversion from l-alanine, a reaction catalysed by d-alanine racemase (Alr)...
- Effects of small- and large-volume resuscitation on coagulation and electrolytes during experimental endotoxemia in anesthetized horsesLucas G Pantaleon
Marion duPont Scott Equine Medical Center, Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Leesburg, VA, USA
J Vet Intern Med 21:1374-9. 2007..of a larger project, the objective of this study was to determine the effects of SVR (hypertonic saline solution [HSS] plus hetastarch [HES]) on coagulation and serum electrolytes concentration, and to compare SVR with large- and ..
- Radiotherapy in painful heel spurs (plantar fasciitis)--results of a national patterns of care studyOliver Micke
Department of Radiotherapy, Munster University Hospital, Munster, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 58:828-43. 2004After a general patterns of care study, the German Cooperative Group on Radiotherapy for Benign Diseases conducted a multicenter cohort study to analyze radiotherapy (RT) in painful heel spur syndrome (HSS).
- Mammalian Ste20-like kinase (Mst2) indirectly supports Raf-1/ERK pathway activity via maintenance of protein phosphatase-2A catalytic subunit levels and consequent suppression of inhibitory Raf-1 phosphorylationGeoffrey K Kilili
Molecular Cardiology Research Institute, Tufts Medical Center, Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences, Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Biol Chem 285:15076-87. 2010..Studies of Drosophila suggest that Hippo (hpo) is required for inhibition of cell proliferation mediated by dMer, the orthologue of human merlin...
- Targeting enzymes involved in spermidine metabolism of parasitic protozoa--a possible new strategy for anti-parasitic treatmentA Kaiser
Institute for Medical Parasitology, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53105, Bonn, Germany
Parasitol Res 91:508-16. 2003..falciparum, i.e. deoxyhypusine synthase (DHS; EC 22.214.171.124) and homospermidine synthase (HSS; EC 126.96.36.199)...
- A prospective randomized clinical study of mosaic osteochondral autologous transplantation versus microfracture for the treatment of osteochondral defects in the knee joint in young athletesRimtautas Gudas
Department of Orthopaedics and Trauma, Kaunas University Hospital, Kaunas, Lithuania
Arthroscopy 21:1066-75. 2005....
- [Balancing of soft tissues in total knee arthroplasty for patients with rheumatoid arthritis with knee flexion contracture]Weijun Wang
Department of Clinical Medicine, Ningxia Medical College School, Yinchuan Ningxia 750004, PR China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 22:1173-6. 2008..To explore the technique of the soft tissue balancing in the total knee arthroplasty (TKA) for the patients of rheumatoid arthritis with flexion contracture...
- Iridium Ziegler-type hydrogenation catalysts made from [(1,5-COD)Ir(mu-O2C8H15)](2) and AlEt3: spectroscopic and kinetic evidence for the Ir(n) species present and for nanoparticles as the fastest catalystWilliam M Alley
Department of Chemistry, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523, USA
Inorg Chem 49:8131-47. 2010Ziegler-type hydrogenation catalysts, those made from a group 8-10 transition metal precatalyst and an AlR(3) cocatalyst, are often used for large scale industrial polymer hydrogenation; note that Ziegler-type hydrogenation catalysts are ..
- Nucleation and elongation of actin filaments in the presence of high speed supernate from neutrophil lysates: modulating effects of Ca2+ and phosphatidylinositol-4,5-bisphosphateM J DiNubile
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Cooper Health System, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Camden, NJ, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1405:85-98. 1998..High speed supernates (HSS) of dilute neutrophil lysates contain actin monomers and/or oligomers that can be induced to polymerize by certain ..
- Cardiovascular and pulmonary effects of hetastarch plus hypertonic saline solutions during experimental endotoxemia in anesthetized horsesLucas G Pantaleon
Marion duPont Scott Equine Medical Center, Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Leesburg, VA, USA
J Vet Intern Med 20:1422-8. 2006..The objective of this study was to determine the cardiopulmonary effects of small-volume resuscitation using hypertonic saline solution (HSS) plus Hetastarch (HES) during experimental endotoxemia in anesthetized horses.
- Shelf lives of aseptically prepared medicines--stability of hydrocortisone sodium succinate in PVC and non-PVC bags and in polypropylene syringesDiane Clare Rigge
Quality Control North West, Stepping Hill Hospital, Poplar Grove, Stockport, Cheshire SK2 7JE, UK
J Pharm Biomed Anal 38:332-6. 2005Parenteral aseptic preparations of hydrocortisone sodium succinate (HSS) are used frequently in hospitals, but little definitive stability information is available...
- Monitoring stress levels in postgraduate medical trainingJustin D Hill
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1078, USA
Laryngoscope 119:75-8. 2009..and a low degree of personal accomplishment using the Maslach Burnout Inventory-Human Services Survey (MBI-HSS)...
- Open reduction and internal fixation compared with circular fixator application for bicondylar tibial plateau fractures. Surgical techniqueJeremy A Hall
Division of Orthopaedics, Department of Surgery, St Michael s Hospital and the University of Toronto, 55 Queen Street East, Suite 800, Toronto, ON M5C 1R6, Canada
J Bone Joint Surg Am 91:74-88. 2009..To our knowledge, there has been no direct comparison of the two operative approaches...
- Five percent, 7.5% or 10% hypertonic saline prevents delayed neuronal death in gerbilsShinsuke Hamaguchi
Department of Anesthesiology, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Mibu, Tochigi, Japan
Can J Anaesth 49:745-8. 2002To clarify the appropriate concentration and dose of hypertonic saline solution (HSS) for preventing delayed neuronal death in the hippocampal CA1 subfield after transient forebrain ischemia in gerbils.
- The influence of limited postoperative weight-bearing on the outcome of drilling in osteochondritis dissecans taliMichael Bohnsack
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Anna von Borries Str 1 7, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 123:447-50. 2003..This prospective study was performed to assess the influence of limited weight-bearing on the outcome of osteochondral drilling in the treatment of an osteochondritis dissecans tali...
- Residues Asp164 and Glu165 at the substrate entryway function potently in substrate orientation of alanine racemase from E. coli: Enzymatic characterization with crystal structure analysisDalei Wu
Drug Discovery and Design Center, State Key Laboratory of Drug Research, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201203, People s Republic of China
Protein Sci 17:1066-76. 2008Alanine racemase (Alr) is an important enzyme that catalyzes the interconversion of L-alanine and D-alanine, an essential building block in the peptidoglycan biosynthesis...
- Effect of specific anion on templated crystal nucleation at the liquid-liquid interfaceSunghee Lee
Department of Chemistry, Iona College, New Rochelle, New York 10801, USA
Langmuir 26:9556-64. 2010..The salts used were K(2)HPO(4), KCl, KBr, KI, KNO(3), and KSCN, present at an initial concentration of 10 mM within an aqueous microdroplet ..
- Hallermann-Streiff syndrome associated with small cerebellum, endocrinopathy and increased chromosomal breakageJ W Hou
Division of Medical Genetics and Metabolism, Chang Gung Children s Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Acta Paediatr 92:869-71. 2003Hallermann-Streiff syndrome (HSS) is a rare clinic entity of unknown aetiology. Further clinical and metabolic-genetic evaluations are indicated...
- Pharmacokinetics of laropiprant and glucuronide metabolite in patients with severe renal insufficiencyMark Stroh
Department of Clinical Drug Metabolism, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486 0004, USA
Am J Ther 16:379-84. 2009..laropiprant 40-mg dose in 8 nondialyzed, severe renal insufficiency patients (RIs) with healthy matched subjects (HSs) (24-hour creatinine clearance <30 mL/min/1.73 m(2) and >80 mL/min/1.73 m(2) for RIs and HSs, respectively)...
- An intronic locus control region plays an essential role in the establishment of an autonomous hepatic chromatin domain for the human vitamin D-binding protein geneTomoko Hiroki
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 415 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:7365-80. 2007..A minimal hDBP transgene, containing a defined set of liver-specific DNase I hypersensitive sites (HSs), is robustly expressed in mouse liver in a copy-number-dependent manner. Here we evaluate these HSs for function...
- A glutathione-specific aldose reductase of Leishmania donovani and its potential implications for methylglyoxal detoxification pathwayJyoti Rath
School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi 110 067, India
Gene 429:1-9. 2009..The gene encoding aldose reductase (ALR) has been cloned from Leishmania donovani, a protozoan parasite causing visceral leishmaniasis...
- Genetic recombinant expression and characterization of human augmenter of liver regenerationChun fang Gao
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Eastern Hepatobiliary Hospital, Second Military Medical University, 225 Changhai Road, Shanghai, 200438, China
Dig Dis Sci 54:530-7. 2009..To establish a highly effective prokaryotic recombinant expression system for human augmenter of liver regeneration (hALR) and to characterize the recombinant hALR both in vitro and in vivo...
- Structural analysis and mapping of DNase I hypersensitivity of HS5 of the beta-globin locus control regionQ Li
School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, 98195, USA
Genomics 61:183-93. 1999..The LCR is composed of five DNase I hypersensitive sites (HSs), four of which are formed in erythroid cells. The function of the 5'-most site, HS5, remains unknown...
- Heterologous expression of a bacterial homospermidine synthase gene in transgenic tobacco: effects on the polyamine pathwayAnnette Kaiser
Institut für Medizinische Parasitologie, Bonn, Germany
Arch Pharm (Weinheim) 335:143-51. 2002Homospermidine synthase (HSS) is a branch-point enzyme that links the secondary pathway (pyrrolizidine alkaloids) to primary metabolism (polyamines)...
- Head, arm and trunk coordination during reaching in childrenH Sveistrup
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
Exp Brain Res 188:237-47. 2008..HST) or "en bloc" pattern was observed with approximately the same frequency as a head-stabilized-in-space (HSS) pattern in the youngest children in the yaw plane for reaches within arm's length...
- [Clinical analysis of 13 infected total knee replacements]B Kou
Arthritis and Clinic Research Center, People's Hospital, Beijing Medical University, Beijing 100044, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 38:253-5. 2000..The preoperative average ROM of knees was 55 degrees and the average Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) knee score was 36.5 points. Clinical results were evaluated after average follow-up for 3 years and 5 months...
- [Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using periosteum wrapped autologous hamstring tendons: clinical research]Ran Sun
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Third Hosipital of Heibei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050051, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 90:182-6. 2010..To develop a surgical technique using a periosteal flap wrapped autologous hamstring tendons in ACL reconstruction and to examine its short-term outcome...
- Thyroid hormone and dietary carbohydrate interact to regulate rat liver S14 gene transcription and chromatin structureD B Jump
Department of Physiology, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824
J Biol Chem 265:3474-8. 1990..hypothyroid rats inhibited the formation of three DNase I-hypersensitive sites flanking the 5'-end of the S14 gene (Hss-1 at -65 to -265 base pairs; Hss-2 at -1.2 kilobases and Hss-3 at -2.67 kilobases)...
- Removal of dissolved organic matter by granular-activated carbon adsorption as a pretreatment to reverse osmosis of membrane bioreactor effluentsShirra Gur-Reznik
Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering and Grand Water Research Institute, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa 32000, Israel
Water Res 42:1595-605. 2008..The pattern and efficiency of DOM adsorption and fate of the hydrophobic (HPO), transphilic (TPI) and hydrophilic (HPI) fractions were characterized, as well as their impact on organic fouling ..
- Cholera toxin-sensitive GTP-binding protein-coupled activation of augmenter of liver regeneration (ALR) receptor and its function in rat kupffer cellsChandrashekhar R Gandhi
VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Cell Physiol 222:365-73. 2010Mitogenic effect of augmenter of liver regeneration (ALR), a protein produced and released by hepatocytes, on hepatocytes in vivo but not in vitro suggests that the effect is mediated by nonparenchymal cells...
- Objective scoring of hidradenitis suppurativa reflecting the role of tobacco smoking and obesityK Sartorius
Section of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, SE 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Dermatol 161:831-9. 2009..The disease is difficult to treat and has a severe impact on quality of life. A clinically relevant system for scoring disease severity is lacking in HS...
- The effect of pressure on the phase transition behavior of tridecane, pentadecane, and heptadecane: a Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy studyMotoi Yamashita
College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ritsumeikan University, 1 1 1 Noji higashi, Kusatsu, Shiga 525 8577, Japan
J Chem Phys 134:144503. 2011..The transition between the high pressure ordered (HPO) and high pressure rotator (HPR) phases has been observed in the pressure ranges of 270-220, 106-95, and 152-181 ..
- [Cloning, sequence analysis and expression of alanine racemase gene in Pseudomonas putida]Qin Cao
Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100080, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 46:80-4. 2006..DadX encodes a peptide of 357 amino acids with a calculated molecular weight of 38.82kDa. The putative product of alr gene is a peptide of 409 amino acids with molecular weight of 44.182kDa...
- Improved estimates of India's HIV burden in 2006Arvind Pandey
National Institute of Medical Statistics, ICMR, New Delhi, India
Indian J Med Res 129:50-8. 2009HIV estimates in India were based on HIV sentinel surveillance (HSS) data and several assumptions...
- Intra-articular fractures of the distal femur: a long-term follow-up study of surgically treated patientsMaarten V Rademakers
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Academic Medical Center, G4 259, PO Box 22660, 1100 DD Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Orthop Trauma 18:213-9. 2004..To analyze the long-term (5-25 years) functional and radiologic results of surgically treated intra-articular fractures of the distal femur...
- Structure of the human sulfhydryl oxidase augmenter of liver regeneration and characterization of a human mutation causing an autosomal recessive myopathy Vidyadhar N Daithankar
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware 19716, USA
Biochemistry 49:6737-45. 2010The sulfhydryl oxidase augmenter of liver regeneration (ALR) binds FAD in a helix-rich domain that presents a CxxC disulfide proximal to the isoalloxazine ring of the flavin...
- [Comparison of short-term result between high-flex and conventional posterior-stabilized prosthesis in total knee arthroplasty]Jin Li
Department of Orthopedics, Ningbo Medical Treatment Center Lihuili Hospital, Ningbo Zhejiang, 315040, P R China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 24:278-81. 2010..To compare the short-term result between the high-flex (HF) and conventional posterior-stabilized (PS) prosthesis in total knee arthroplasty (TKA)...
- Generation and characterization of thymidine/D-alanine auxotrophic recombinant Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis IL1403 expressing BmpBEun Bae Kim
Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Curr Microbiol 61:29-36. 2010..lactis subsp. lactis IL1403 strains expressing a heterologous protein, BmpB, using thyA- and alr-targeting integration vectors: ITD (thyA(-)alr(+) bmpB(+)), IAD (thyA(+)alr(-)bmpB(+)), and ITDAD (thyA(-)alr(-) ..
- Age and stress as determinants of the severity of hyperthyroidism caused by Graves' disease in newly diagnosed patientsXander G Vos
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, F5 161, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Endocrinol 160:193-9. 2009..We tested the hypothesis whether advancing age is associated with less exposure to stress, resulting in a lower immunological response, and less severe Graves' hyperthyroidism...
- Reactivity and selectivity of the N-acetyl-Glu-P-1, N-acetyl-Glu-P-2, N-acetyl-MeIQx, and N-acetyl-IQx nitrenium ions: comparison to carbocyclic N-arylnitrenium ionsMichael Novak
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio 45056, USA
J Am Chem Soc 124:7972-81. 2002..The reactions of the nitrenium ions with AcO(-), HPO(4)(2-), N(3)(-), and 2'-deoxyguanosine (d-G) were characterized in aqueous solution by using a combination of ..
- Cloning of Trypanosoma brucei and Leishmania major genes encoding the GlcNAc-phosphatidylinositol de-N-acetylase of glycosylphosphatidylinositol biosynthesis that is essential to the African sleeping sickness parasiteTunhan Chang
Division of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Microbiology, The Wellcome Trust Biocentre, The School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 277:50176-82. 2002..anchor biosynthesis in all eukaryotes is the conversion of D-GlcNAcalpha1-6-d-myo-inositol-1-HPO(4)-sn-1,2-diacylglycerol (GlcNAc-PI) to d-GlcNalpha1-6-d-myo-inositol-1-HPO(4)-sn-1,2-diacylglycerol by GlcNAc-PI ..
- Persistent transforming growth factor-beta 1 expression may predict peritoneal fibrosis in CAPD patients with frequent peritonitis occurrenceC Y Lin
Department of Pediatrics, Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Nephrol 18:513-9. 1998..before onset, once a week during peritonitis, and after peritonitis in high and low peritonitis occurrence (HPO and LPO) patients. Fifteen patients with a LPO rate and 5 patients with a HPO rate were followed up longitudinally...
- Characterization of biofilm formation on a humic materialA L Rodrigues
Institute for Biotechnology and Bioengineering IBB, Centre of Biological Engineering, University of Minho, Campus de Gualtar, 4700 057, Braga, Portugal
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 35:1269-76. 2008..The present work intends to study biofilm formation in the presence of humic substances (HSs) as a carbon source...
- The Human Phenotype Ontology project: linking molecular biology and disease through phenotype dataSebastian Kohler
Institute for Medical Genetics and Human Genetics, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany, Berlin Brandenburg Center for Regenerative Therapies, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Mail Stop 84R0171, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA, The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridgeshire CB10 1SA, UK, Department of Medical Genetics, Cambridge University Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, UK, Universite Paul Sabatier, Faculte de Chirurgie Dentaire, CHU Toulouse, France, Centre for Genomic Medicine, Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester Academic Health Sciences Centre MAHSC, Manchester, UK, Centre for Genomic Medicine, Institute of Human Development, Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, University of Manchester, MAHSC, Manchester M13 9WL, UK, Institute of Genetic Medicine Newcastle University, Central Parkway, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 3BZ, UK, Department of Computer Science, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Nucleic Acids Res 42:D966-74. 2014The Human Phenotype Ontology (HPO) project, available at http://www.human-phenotype-ontology...
- Erv1 mediates the Mia40-dependent protein import pathway and provides a functional link to the respiratory chain by shuttling electrons to cytochrome cScott Allen
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
J Mol Biol 353:937-44. 2005..Here, we show that the mitochondrial flavin adenine dinucleotide (FAD)-linked sulfhydryl oxidase Erv1 (essential for respiration and vegetative growth 1) plays a central role in the biogenesis of small, cysteine ..
- Tooth whitening products and the risk of oral cancerI C Munro
Cantox Health Sciences International, Mississauga, ON, Canada
Food Chem Toxicol 44:301-15. 2006Tooth whitening products (TWP) containing hydrogen peroxide (HPO) or carbamide peroxide (CPO) were evaluated in relation to potential oral cancer risk from their use. HPO is genotoxic in vitro, but such activity is not expressed in vivo...
- Roles of Mycobacterium smegmatis D-alanine:D-alanine ligase and D-alanine racemase in the mechanisms of action of and resistance to the peptidoglycan inhibitor D-cycloserineZhengyu Feng
Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska 68583 0905, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:283-91. 2003D-Cycloserine (DCS) targets the peptidoglycan biosynthetic enzymes D-alanine racemase (Alr) and D-alanine:D-alanine ligase (Ddl)...
- Structural evidence that alanine racemase from a D-cycloserine-producing microorganism exhibits resistance to its own productMasafumi Noda
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Kasumi 1 2 3, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:46153-61. 2004Alanine racemase (ALR), an enzyme that catalyzes the interconversion of Ala enantiomers, is essential for the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall...
- Comparison of endoscopic, necropsy and histology scoring of equine gastric ulcersF M Andrews
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville 37901 1071, USA
Equine Vet J 34:475-8. 2002..The gastric ulcers were scored using a histopathology system (HSS) based on ulcer depth...
- Efficient production of recombinant aldehyde reductase and its application for asymmetric reduction of ethyl 4-chloro-3-oxobutanoate to ethyl (R)-4-chloro-3-hydroxybutanoateKeju Jing
Institute of Bioengineering, Department of Chemical Engineering and Bioengineering, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, PR China
Prep Biochem Biotechnol 35:203-15. 2005An NADPH-dependent aldehyde reductase (ALR, EC188.8.131.52) gene is cloned from Sporobolomyces salmonicolor ZJUB 105, and inserted into plasmid pQE30 to construct the expression plasmid (pQE30-ALR). A variety of E...
- Adenoviral gene transfer of hepatic stimulator substance confers resistance against hepatic ischemia-reperfusion injury by improving mitochondrial functionShu Jun Jiang
Department of Cell Biology and Municipal Laboratory of Liver Protection and Regulation of Regeneration, Capital Medical University, 100069 Beijing, China
Hum Gene Ther 24:443-56. 2013Hepatic stimulator substance (HSS) has been suggested to protect liver cells from various toxins. However, the precise role of HSS in hepatic ischemia-reperfusion (I/R) injury remains unknown...
- Par-1 regulates tissue growth by influencing hippo phosphorylation status and hippo-salvador associationHong Ling Huang
State Key Laboratory of Cell Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, P R China
PLoS Biol 11:e1001620. 2013The evolutionarily conserved Hippo (Hpo) signaling pathway plays a pivotal role in organ size control by balancing cell proliferation and cell death...
- Nrf2 activates augmenter of liver regeneration (ALR) via antioxidant response element and links oxidative stress to liver regenerationRania Dayoub
Department of Pediatrics and Juvenile Medicine, University of Regensburg Hospital, Germany
Mol Med 19:237-44. 2013..A variety of factors regulate hepatic tissue regeneration, among them augmenter of liver regeneration (ALR), attained great attention as being survival factors for the liver with proproliferative and antiapoptotic ..
- Protective effect of augmenter of liver regeneration on vincristine-induced cell death in Jurkat T leukemia cellsYan Shen
Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, China
Int Immunopharmacol 17:162-7. 2013Augmenter of liver regeneration (ALR) is a crucial factor in the process of proliferation of hepatocytes...
- Structure of oligosaccharide side chains of an intestinal immune system modulating arabinogalactan isolated from rhizomes of Atractylodes lancea DCIkue Taguchi
Kitsato Institute for Life Sciences and Graduate school of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kitasato University, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8642, Japan
Carbohydr Res 339:763-70. 2004An intestinal immune system modulating arabino-3,6-galactan (ALR-5IIa-1-1) has been found in rhizomes of Atractylodes lancea DC. [Planta Medica 1998, 64, 714-719; Carbohydr. Polyms...
- Exploiting the use of 3,4-HPO ligands as nontoxic reagents for the determination of iron in natural waters with a sequential injection approachRaquel B R Mesquita
CBQF Centro de Biotecnologia e Química Fina, Escola Superior de Biotecnologia, Centro Regional do Porto da Universidade Católica Portuguesa, R Dr António Bernardino de Almeida 4200 072 Porto, Portugal
Talanta 108:38-45. 2013In this paper, the use of 3-hydroxy-4-pyridinone (3,4-HPO) chelators as nontoxic chromogenic reagents for iron determination is proposed. The potential application of these compounds was studied in a sequential injection system...
- Augmenter of liver regeneration inhibits apoptosis of activated human peripheral blood lymphocytes in vitroNa Wang
Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology for Infectious Diseases, Ministry of Education of China, Institute for Viral Hepatitis, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, China
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 35:257-63. 2013..Recently it has been demonstrated that augmenter of liver regeneration (ALR), an enigmatic protein presented ubiquitously in multiple forms among eukaryotes, possesses potent anti-apoptotic ..
- Augmenter of liver regeneration (ALR) is a novel biomarker of hepatocellular stress/inflammation: in vitro, in vivo and in silico studiesYoram Vodovotz
Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Mol Med 18:1421-9. 2012..Augmenter of liver regeneration (ALR) protein, expressed and secreted by hepatocytes, promotes liver regeneration and maintains viability of hepatocytes...
- Augmenter of liver regeneration may be a candidate for prognosis of HBV related acute-on-chronic liver failure as a regenerative markerShi Hongbo
Beijing Artificial Liver Treatment and Training Centre, Beijing Youan Hospital, Affiliated Hospital of Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Hepatogastroenterology 59:1933-8. 2012..To search for a new regenerative marker to estimate the prognosis of acute-on-chronic liver failure (ACLF)...
- Setting solution concentration effect on properties of a TTCP/DCPA-derived calcium phosphate cementChang Keng Chen
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, No 1 University Road, 70101, Tainan, Taiwan, ROC
J Mater Sci Mater Med 23:2109-14. 2012The present work was to investigate the effects of concentration of (NH(4))(2)HPO(4) (diammonium hydrogen phosphate) setting solution on properties of a tetracalcium phosphate (TTCP)/dicalcium phosphate anhydrous (DCPA)--derived calcium ..
- Recruitment of alkaloid-specific homospermidine synthase (HSS) from ubiquitous deoxyhypusine synthase: Does Crotalaria possess a functional HSS that still has DHS activity?Niknik Nurhayati
Institut fur Pharmazeutische Biologie, Technische Universitat Braunschweig, Mendelssohnstrasse 1, D 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Phytochemistry 66:1346-57. 2005..of plant secondary metabolism in this tribe, we have searched for a cDNA coding for homospermidine synthase (HSS), the enzyme catalyzing the first specific step in this biosynthesis...
- Divergent molecular evolution of the mitochondrial sulfhydryl:cytochrome C oxidoreductase Erv in opisthokonts and parasitic protistsElisabeth Eckers
Department of Parasitology, Ruprecht Karls University, Im Neuenheimer Feld 324, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Biol Chem 288:2676-88. 2013Mia40 and the sulfhydryl:cytochrome c oxidoreductase Erv1/ALR are essential for oxidative protein import into the mitochondrial intermembrane space in yeast and mammals...
- Structure and expression pattern of human ALR, a novel gene with strong homology to ALL-1 involved in acute leukemia and to Drosophila trithoraxR Prasad
Kimmel Cancer Institute, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Oncogene 15:549-60. 1997..We have cloned a novel human gene, ALR, which encodes a gigantic 5262 amino acid long protein containing a SET domain, five PHD fingers, potential zinc ..
- Functional comparison of the yeast scERV1 and scERV2 genesG Stein
Botanisches Institut, , Germany
Yeast 14:171-80. 1998..The homologous mammalian ALR (augmenter of liver regeneration) genes from man, mouse and rat are important for different developmental stages of ..
- Rapid induction of PC3/BTG2 gene by hepatopoietin or partial hepatectomy and its mRNA expression in hepatocellular carcinomaZhi min Zhang
Cancer Center, Research Institute of Surgery, Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 8:288-93. 2009..This study aimed to assess the effects of recombinant human hepatopoietin (HPO) and partial hepatectomy on rapidly induced expression of immediate-early genes and to investigate the expression ..
- Evolution of pyrrolizidine alkaloids in Phalaenopsis orchids and other monocotyledons: identification of deoxyhypusine synthase, homospermidine synthase and related pseudogenesNiknik Nurhayati
Institut fur Pharmazeutische Biologie, TU Braunschweig, Mendelssohnstr 1, D 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Phytochemistry 70:508-16. 2009..PAs are regarded as part of the plant's constitutive defense against herbivores. Homospermidine synthase (HSS) is the first specific enzyme of PA biosynthesis...
- Increased levels of interleukin 5 are associated with the generation of eosinophilia in drug-induced hypersensitivity syndromeG Choquet-Kastylevsky
Department of Dermatology, Hopital Henri Mondor, Universite Paris XII, Creteil, France
Br J Dermatol 139:1026-32. 1998Hypersensitivity syndrome (HSS) usually refers to severe drug eruption associated with systemic symptoms and eosinophilia...
- Hysteroscopic selective salpingographyN Inagaki
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Social Insurance Saitama Chuo Hospital, Urawa, Japan
Fertil Steril 72:733-6. 1999To evaluate the effectiveness of hysteroscopic selective salpingography (HSS) as a method for diagnosing the tubal proximal occlusion shown by hysterosalpingography (HSG).
- An essential function of the mitochondrial sulfhydryl oxidase Erv1p/ALR in the maturation of cytosolic Fe/S proteinsH Lange
Institut für Zytobiologie und Zytopathologie der Philipps Universität Marburg, Robert Koch Strasse 5, 35033 Marburg, Germany
EMBO Rep 2:715-20. 2001..Furthermore, Erv1p was found to be important for cellular iron homeostasis. The homologous mammalian protein ALR ('augmenter of liver regeneration'), also termed hepatopoietin, can functionally replace defects in Erv1p and thus ..
- Policy-contribution assessment and field-building analysis of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Active Living Research ProgramJudith M Ottoson
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Am J Prev Med 36:S34-43. 2009The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation requested this utilization-focused evaluation of its Active Living Research (ALR) program...
- Different natural organic matter isolates cause similar stress response patterns in the freshwater amphipod, Gammarus pulexDarya S Bedulina
Irkutsk State University, Ul Karl Marx 1, 664003, Irkutsk, Russia
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 17:261-9. 2010Dissolved humic substances (HSs) are exogenous stressors to aquatic plants and animals which activate a variety of transcriptional and biochemical reactions or block photosynthesis...
- Acidic fibroblast growth factor attenuates the cytotoxic effects of peroxynitrite in primary human osteoblast precursorsD A Reiff
Center for Injury Sciences, Department of Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
J Trauma 50:433-8; discussion 439. 2001..In vitro studies were performed examining the effect of FGF-1 on human osteoblast progenitor stromal stem (HSS) cell proliferation, differentiation, and response to ONOO-.
- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction in men and women: An outcome analysis comparing genderJ D Ferrari
Section of Sports Medicine, Department of Orthopaedics, Rush Medical College, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, U S A
Arthroscopy 17:588-96. 2001..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect gender has on outcome in ACL reconstruction using bone-patellar tendon-bone autograft...
- Evaluation of Active Living Research progress and lessons in building a new fieldMarjorie A Gutman
Gutman Research Associates, Cranbury, New Jersey, USA
Am J Prev Med 36:S22-33. 2009An evaluation was undertaken of the initial 6 years of the Active Living Research (ALR) program...
- Linking programmes and systems: lessons from the GAVI Health Systems Strengthening windowB Galichet
Department of Country Focus, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Trop Med Int Health 15:208-15. 2010To analyse the first four rounds of country applications to the GAVI Alliance Health Systems Strengthening (GAVI-HSS) funding window; to provide valuable insight into how countries prioritize, articulate and propose solutions for health ..
- Clinical applications of basic research that shows reducing skin tension could prevent and treat abnormal scarring: the importance of fascial/subcutaneous tensile reduction sutures and flap surgery for keloid and hypertrophic scar reconstructionRei Ogawa
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Regenerative Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
J Nippon Med Sch 78:68-76. 2011We use evidence-based algorithms to treat abnormal scarring, including keloids and hypertrophic scars (HSs)...
- Novel genetic tools for Burkholderia mallei and other bacterial Select AgentsRandall Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will use the alanine racemase (alr) gene as a selectable genetic marker for the studies proposed here...
- Pathobiology of a heme inducible transporter in Staphylococcus aureusEric P Skaar; Fiscal Year: 2010..aureus machinery responsible for this adaptive response: the heme sensor system (Hss) and the heme regulated transporter (Hrt)...
- STRUCTURE OF ANTIMITOGENIC MESANGIAL HEPARAN SULFATESAimin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2002DESCRIPTION (adapted from the application) Heparan sulfates (HSs) and heparin, proposed as endogenous defending molecules in the "glomerular self-defense", are inhibitors of mesangial cell growth in human proliferative nephritides, in ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF SYNDROMIC RETINITIS PIGMENTOSASusan Hayflick; Fiscal Year: 2003..and characterize the gene for a form of syndromic retinitis pigmentosa (RP), called Hallervorden-Spatz syndrome (HSS) and characterized by abnormal electroretinogram, lipofuscin accumulation in the retinal pigment epithelium, and ..
- RISK-TAKING, ALCOHOL, AND HIV PREVENTION IN YOUTHRick Zimmerman; Fiscal Year: 2001..research, we expect that high school-age students who are high on sensation-seeking and impulsive decision-makers (HSS/IDM) will be particularly difficult to reach using conventional skills-based classroom curricula...
- BIOGENESIS OF THE MITOCHONDRIAL INNER MEMBRANECarla M Koehler; Fiscal Year: 2010..The TIM22 import pathway and the Erv1/Mia40 oxidative folding pathway will be targeted...
- Protein Modification by 3,4-DihydroxyphenylacetaldehydeJONATHAN DOORN; Fiscal Year: 2006..primarily to an acid via mitochondrial aldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH2) but also to an alcohol by aldehyde reductase (ALR). Recent work implicates oxidative stress and lipid peroxidation products, e.g...
- Targeting Mass Media Campaigns for HIV, STD, and Pregnancy PreventionRick Zimmerman; Fiscal Year: 2007..impressive, with 4-6 month effects on condom use and critical mediators of condom use for high-sensation-seeking (HSS) and impulsive decision-making (IDM) young adults in an interrupted time-series, 2-city field experiment...
- MATRIX METALLOPROTEINASES AND NEURONS IN FOCAL ISCHEMIAGregory Del Zoppo; Fiscal Year: 2007..data, we propose that enzymes which degrade matrix heparan sulfate proteoglycans (HSPGs) and heparan sulfates (HSs) are generated following MCA:O, simultaneously with the matrix metalloproteinase pro-MMP-2, and are responsible for ..
- RISK-TAKING, ALCOHOL, AND HIV PREVENTION IN YOUTHRick Zimmerman; Fiscal Year: 2003..research, we expect that high school-age students who are high on sensation-seeking and impulsive decision-makers (HSS/IDM) will be particularly difficult to reach using conventional skills-based classroom curricula...
- PATHOGENESIS OF AUTOIMMUNE DIABETES IN MICEEdward Leiter; Fiscal Year: 2004..The ALR mouse is closely related to NOD as evidenced by genetic identity for markers at multiple "Idd" (diabetes ..
- Control of cell number in developing retinaDuojia Pan; Fiscal Year: 2010..last project period has allowed us to delineate a Hippo kinase cascade comprised of the Ste20-like kinase Hippo (Hpo), the NDR family kinase Warts (Wts), and the transcriptional co activator Yorkie (Yki)...
- DEPO-PROVERA AND BONE DENSITY IN PREMENOPAUSAL WOMENM Clark; Fiscal Year: 2003..Because DMPA disrupts the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian-axis (HPO), it theoretically will suppress estrogen production causing a relative estrogen deficiency, and corresponding loss ..
- Pathobiology of a heme inducible transporter in Staphylococcus aureusEric P Skaar; Fiscal Year: 2011..aureus machinery responsible for this adaptive response: the heme sensor system (Hss) and the heme regulated transporter (Hrt)...
- FUNCTION OF THE SUBUNITS OF EUKARYOTIC CHROMOSOMESWilliam T Garrard; Fiscal Year: 2010..regions in Ig: chromatin that contain B-cell-specific and developmentally regulated DNase I hypersensitive sites (HSs): (1) A silencer (Sis) within the intervening sequence between the joining (J?) region and the most proximal V? ..
- FUNCTION AND CONSERVATION IN GLOBIN LOCUS CONTROL REGIONRoss Hardison; Fiscal Year: 2001..LCR) is a major regulator of mammalian beta-like globin genes, and is marked by 5 DNase hypersensitive sites (HSs)...