Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GATA-1
Description: GATA binding protein 1
Alias: ERYF1, GATA-1, GF-1, GF1, NF-E1, NFE1, XLANP, XLTDA, XLTT, erythroid transcription factor, GATA-binding factor 1, NF-E1 DNA-binding protein, erythroid transcription factor 1, globin transcription factor 1, nuclear factor, erythroid 1, transcription factor GATA1
- Kadri Z, Shimizu R, Ohneda O, Maouche Chretien L, Gisselbrecht S, Yamamoto M, et al. Direct binding of pRb/E2F-2 to GATA-1 regulates maturation and terminal cell division during erythropoiesis. PLoS Biol. 2009;7:e1000123 pubmed publisher..These findings clarify the previously suspected cell-autonomous role of pRb during erythropoiesis and may provide a unifying molecular mechanism for several mouse phenotypes and human diseases associated with GATA-1 mutations. ..
- Du J, Stankiewicz M, Liu Y, Xi Q, Schmitz J, Lekstrom Himes J, et al. Novel combinatorial interactions of GATA-1, PU.1, and C/EBPepsilon isoforms regulate transcription of the gene encoding eosinophil granule major basic protein. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:43481-94 pubmed..Our findings identify novel combinatorial protein-protein interactions for GATA-1, PU.1, and C/EBPepsilon isoforms in eosinophil gene transcription that include GATA-1/PU.1 synergy and repressor activity for C/EBPepsilon(27). ..
- Kuo Y, Chang Z. GATA-1 and Gfi-1B interplay to regulate Bcl-xL transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:4261-72 pubmed..These findings illuminate the role of Gfi-1B in GATA-1-mediated transcription in the survival aspect of erythroid cells. ..
- Grass J, Boyer M, Pal S, Wu J, Weiss M, Bresnick E. GATA-1-dependent transcriptional repression of GATA-2 via disruption of positive autoregulation and domain-wide chromatin remodeling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:8811-6 pubmed..Such a mechanism is predicted to be critical for the control of hematopoiesis. ..
- Hirasawa R, Shimizu R, Takahashi S, Osawa M, Takayanagi S, Kato Y, et al. Essential and instructive roles of GATA factors in eosinophil development. J Exp Med. 2002;195:1379-86 pubmed..Taken together, our findings establish essential and instructive roles of GATA factors in eosinophil development. GATA-1 and GATA-2 could be novel molecular targets for therapeutic approaches to allergic inflammation. ..
- Nichols K, Crispino J, Poncz M, White J, Orkin S, Maris J, et al. Familial dyserythropoietic anaemia and thrombocytopenia due to an inherited mutation in GATA1. Nat Genet. 2000;24:266-70 pubmed..Our findings underscore the importance of FOG-1:Gata-1 associations in both megakaryocyte and erythroid development, and suggest that other X-linked anaemias or thrombocytopenias may be caused by defects in GATA1. ..
- Sankaran V, Ghazvinian R, Do R, Thiru P, Vergilio J, Beggs A, et al. Exome sequencing identifies GATA1 mutations resulting in Diamond-Blackfan anemia. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:2439-43 pubmed publisher..no known pathogenic mutations for DBA and identified a mutation in the gene encoding the hematopoietic transcription factor GATA1. This mutation, which occurred at a splice site of the GATA1 gene, impaired production of the full-..
- Fujiwara T, O Geen H, Keles S, Blahnik K, Linnemann A, Kang Y, et al. Discovering hematopoietic mechanisms through genome-wide analysis of GATA factor chromatin occupancy. Mol Cell. 2009;36:667-81 pubmed publisher..These results establish fundamental principles underlying GATA factor mechanisms in chromatin and illustrate a complex network of considerable importance for the control of hematopoiesis...
- Trainor C, Omichinski J, Vandergon T, Gronenborn A, Clore G, Felsenfeld G. A palindromic regulatory site within vertebrate GATA-1 promoters requires both zinc fingers of the GATA-1 DNA-binding domain for high-affinity interaction. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:2238-47 pubmed..We propose that GATApal is important for positive regulation of GATA-1 expression in erythroid cells. ..
- Hitzler J, Cheung J, Li Y, Scherer S, Zipursky A. GATA1 mutations in transient leukemia and acute megakaryoblastic leukemia of Down syndrome. Blood. 2003;101:4301-4 pubmed..Recently mutations of the gene encoding the hematopoietic transcription factor GATA1 were shown to be specific for AMKL of Down syndrome...
- Miyauchi J, Ito Y, Tsukamoto K, Takahashi H, Ishikura K, Sugita K, et al. Blasts in transient leukaemia in neonates with Down syndrome differentiate into basophil/mast-cell and megakaryocyte lineages in vitro in association with down-regulation of truncated form of GATA1. Br J Haematol. 2010;148:898-909 pubmed publisher
- Klusmann J, Godinho F, Heitmann K, Maroz A, Koch M, Reinhardt D, et al. Developmental stage-specific interplay of GATA1 and IGF signaling in fetal megakaryopoiesis and leukemogenesis. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1659-72 pubmed publisher..Our study underscores context-dependent requirements during oncogenesis, and explains resistance to transformation of ostensibly similar adult progenitors. ..
- Wechsler J, Greene M, McDevitt M, Anastasi J, Karp J, Le Beau M, et al. Acquired mutations in GATA1 in the megakaryoblastic leukemia of Down syndrome. Nat Genet. 2002;32:148-52 pubmed..in GATA1, encoding the essential hematopoietic transcription factor GATA1 (GATA binding protein 1 or globin transcription factor 1)...
- Ueki N, Zhang L, Hayman M. Ski negatively regulates erythroid differentiation through its interaction with GATA1. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:10118-25 pubmed..We propose that Ski cooperates in the process of transformation in erythroid cells by interfering with GATA1 function, thereby contributing to erythroleukemia. ..
- Mundschau G, Gurbuxani S, Gamis A, Greene M, Arceci R, Crispino J. Mutagenesis of GATA1 is an initiating event in Down syndrome leukemogenesis. Blood. 2003;101:4298-300 pubmed..We recently reported that mutations in the transcription factor GATA1 are associated with DS-AMKL...
- Rainis L, Bercovich D, Strehl S, Teigler Schlegel A, Stark B, Trka J, et al. Mutations in exon 2 of GATA1 are early events in megakaryocytic malignancies associated with trisomy 21. Blood. 2003;102:981-6 pubmed..These findings suggest that acquired intrauterine inactivating mutations in GATA1 and generation of GATA1s cooperate frequently with trisomy 21 in initiating megakaryoblastic proliferation, but are insufficient for progression to AMKL. ..
- Holmes M, Turner J, Fox A, Chisholm O, Crossley M, Chong B. hFOG-2, a novel zinc finger protein, binds the co-repressor mCtBP2 and modulates GATA-mediated activation. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:23491-8 pubmed..Finally, we have identified a repression domain in hFOG-2 and show that repression is dependent upon the integrity of the mCtBP2 interaction motif Pro-Ile-Asp-Leu-Ser. ..
- Bosè F, Fugazza C, Casalgrandi M, Capelli A, Cunningham J, Zhao Q, et al. Functional interaction of CP2 with GATA-1 in the regulation of erythroid promoters. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:3942-54 pubmed..This may contribute to the functional cooperation between these factors and provide an explanation for the important role of ubiquitous CP2 in the regulation of erythroid genes. ..
- Stankiewicz M, Crispino J. AKT collaborates with ERG and Gata1s to dysregulate megakaryopoiesis and promote AMKL. Leukemia. 2013;27:1339-47 pubmed publisher..The contribution of aberrant AKT signaling during the ontogeny of Down syndrome-transient myeloproliferative disorder/AMKL indicates that AKT is a therapeutic target in this form of AML. ..
- Kanezaki R, Toki T, Terui K, Xu G, Wang R, Shimada A, et al. Down syndrome and GATA1 mutations in transient abnormal myeloproliferative disorder: mutation classes correlate with progression to myeloid leukemia. Blood. 2010;116:4631-8 pubmed publisher..001) and lower white blood cell counts (P = .004). Our study indicates that quantitative differences in mutant protein levels have significant effects on the phenotype of TAM and warrants further investigation in a prospective study. ..
- Trainor C, Mas C, Archambault P, Di Lello P, Omichinski J. GATA-1 associates with and inhibits p53. Blood. 2009;114:165-73 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, we conclude that inhibition of the p53 pathway by GATA-1 may be essential for erythroid cell development and survival. ..
- Bottardi S, Ross J, Bourgoin V, Fotouhi Ardakani N, Affar E, Trudel M, et al. Ikaros and GATA-1 combinatorial effect is required for silencing of human gamma-globin genes. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:1526-37 pubmed publisher..Since the absence of Ikaros also affects GATA-1 recruitment to GATA-2 promoter, we propose that the combinatorial effect of Ikaros and GATA-1 is not restricted to globin gene regulation. ..
- Ge Y, Jensen T, Stout M, Flatley R, Grohar P, Ravindranath Y, et al. The role of cytidine deaminase and GATA1 mutations in the increased cytosine arabinoside sensitivity of Down syndrome myeloblasts and leukemia cell lines. Cancer Res. 2004;64:728-35 pubmed..Additional identification of the mechanisms of differential expression of genes encoding enzymes involved in ara-C metabolism between DS and non-DS myeloblasts may lead to improvements in AML therapy. ..
- Zon L, Yamaguchi Y, Yee K, Albee E, Kimura A, Bennett J, et al. Expression of mRNA for the GATA-binding proteins in human eosinophils and basophils: potential role in gene transcription. Blood. 1993;81:3234-41 pubmed..The presence of mRNA for these proteins in eosinophils and basophils suggests that gene transcription in these lineages may be regulated by GATA-binding proteins. ..
- Ayala R, Martinez Lopez J, Albizua E, Diez A, Gilsanz F. Clinical significance of Gata-1, Gata-2, EKLF, and c-MPL expression in acute myeloid leukemia. Am J Hematol. 2009;84:79-86 pubmed publisher..Our study has identified expression of EKLF as a factor with a favorable impact on prognosis in AML. ..
- Rodriguez P, Bonte E, Krijgsveld J, Kolodziej K, Guyot B, Heck A, et al. GATA-1 forms distinct activating and repressive complexes in erythroid cells. EMBO J. 2005;24:2354-66 pubmed..Based on these findings, we suggest a model for the different roles of GATA-1 in erythroid differentiation. ..
- Ge Y, Dombkowski A, LaFiura K, Tatman D, Yedidi R, Stout M, et al. Differential gene expression, GATA1 target genes, and the chemotherapy sensitivity of Down syndrome megakaryocytic leukemia. Blood. 2006;107:1570-81 pubmed
- Layon M, Ackley C, West R, Lowrey C. Expression of GATA-1 in a non-hematopoietic cell line induces beta-globin locus control region chromatin structure remodeling and an erythroid pattern of gene expression. J Mol Biol. 2007;366:737-44 pubmed..These results imply that GATA-1 is sufficient to direct chromatin structure reorganization within the beta-globin LCR and an erythroid pattern of gene expression in the absence of other hematopoietic transcription factors. ..
- Elagib K, Racke F, Mogass M, Khetawat R, Delehanty L, Goldfarb A. RUNX1 and GATA-1 coexpression and cooperation in megakaryocytic differentiation. Blood. 2003;101:4333-41 pubmed..By contrast, RUNX1-ETO inhibition of GATA function may constitute a potential mechanism for the blockade of erythroid and megakaryocytic differentiation seen in leukemias with t(8;21). ..
- Li Z, Godinho F, Klusmann J, Garriga Canut M, Yu C, Orkin S. Developmental stage-selective effect of somatically mutated leukemogenic transcription factor GATA1. Nat Genet. 2005;37:613-9 pubmed
- Hasle H, Abrahamsson J, Arola M, Karow A, O Marcaigh A, Reinhardt D, et al. Myeloid leukemia in children 4 years or older with Down syndrome often lacks GATA1 mutation and cytogenetics and risk of relapse are more akin to sporadic AML. Leukemia. 2008;22:1428-30 pubmed
- McKimmie C, Fraser A, Hansell C, Gutierrez L, Philipsen S, Connell L, et al. Hemopoietic cell expression of the chemokine decoy receptor D6 is dynamic and regulated by GATA1. J Immunol. 2008;181:3353-63 pubmed..These data therefore alter our models of in vivo D6 function and suggest possible discrete, and novel, roles for D6 on lymphatic endothelial cells and leukocytes. ..
- Ishiko E, Matsumura I, Ezoe S, Gale K, Ishiko J, Satoh Y, et al. Notch signals inhibit the development of erythroid/megakaryocytic cells by suppressing GATA-1 activity through the induction of HES1. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:4929-39 pubmed..These results suggest that Notch1 inhibits the development of erythroid/megakaryocytic cells by suppressing GATA-1 activity through HES1. ..
- da Silva Santos Duarte A, Sales T, Mengel J, Costa F, Saad S. Progesterone upregulates GATA-1 on erythroid progenitors cells in liquid culture. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2002;29:213-24 pubmed..Interactions of the steroid receptors with the basal transcriptional machinery and with transcription factors might mediate their transcriptional effects. ..
- Yu M, Wang U, Wang Z. E2F and GATA switches turn off WD repeat domain 77 expression in differentiating cells. Biochem J. 2016;473:2331-43 pubmed publisher..Altogether, the present study provides a novel molecular mechanism by which WDR77 is regulated during erythroid and lung development and lung tumorigenesis. ..
- Crawford S, Qi C, Misra P, Stellmach V, Rao M, Engel J, et al. Defects of the heart, eye, and megakaryocytes in peroxisome proliferator activator receptor-binding protein (PBP) null embryos implicate GATA family of transcription factors. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:3585-92 pubmed..These observations identify the GATA family of transcription factors as a new interacting partner of PBP and demonstrate that PBP is essential for normal development of vital organ systems. ..
- Payton S, Liu M, Ge Y, Matherly L. Transcriptional regulation of the human reduced folate carrier A1/A2 promoter: Identification of critical roles for the USF and GATA families of transcription factors. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1731:115-24 pubmed..Our results further establish the complexity of hRFC regulation, as a means of ensuring adequate folate cofactor transport for cell proliferation. ..
- Boos M, Wine Lee L, Freedman J, Novoa R, Chu E, Perman M. Presentation of Acute Megakaryoblastic Leukemia Associated with a GATA-1 Mutation Mimicking the Eruption of Transient Myeloproliferative Disorder. Pediatr Dermatol. 2015;32:e204-7 pubmed publisher..When children with trisomy 21 present with the acute onset of crusted papules and vesicles that cannot be accounted for by an infectious etiology, a diagnosis of AMKL should be considered even in the absence of a history of TMD. ..
- Millikan P, Balamohan S, Raskind W, Kacena M. Inherited thrombocytopenia due to GATA-1 mutations. Semin Thromb Hemost. 2011;37:682-9 pubmed publisher..The evidence for specific interaction between GATA-1 and chromosome 21, which may explain the correlation between these two mutations, is briefly reviewed. ..
- Jin S, Su H, Tran N, Song J, Lu S, Li Y, et al. Splicing factor SF3B1K700E mutant dysregulates erythroid differentiation via aberrant alternative splicing of transcription factor TAL1. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175523 pubmed publisher..Therefore, mutations of SF3B1 may block erythropoiesis via dysregulation of alternative RNA splicing of transcription factor TAL1, and targeting PRMT1 may alleviate the anemic symptoms in MDS patients. ..
- Chen J, Kang J, Keyvanfar K, Young N, Hwang P. Long-term adaptation to hypoxia preserves hematopoietic stem cell function. Exp Hematol. 2016;44:866-873.e4 pubmed publisher..KSL cells from hypoxia mice showed a decreased level of oxidative stress and increased expression of transcription factor Gata1 and cytokine receptor c-Mpl, consistent with the observations of increased erythropoiesis and enhanced ..
- Yao X, Kodeboyina S, Liu L, Dzandu J, Sangerman J, Ofori Acquah S, et al. Role of STAT3 and GATA-1 interactions in gamma-globin gene expression. Exp Hematol. 2009;37:889-900 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we completed studies to determine if interactions between these two factors influence gamma-globin gene expression...
- Lecuyer E, Herblot S, Saint Denis M, Martin R, Begley C, Porcher C, et al. The SCL complex regulates c-kit expression in hematopoietic cells through functional interaction with Sp1. Blood. 2002;100:2430-40 pubmed
- Peters I, Dubrowinskaja N, Tezval H, Kramer M, von Klot C, Hennenlotter J, et al. Decreased mRNA expression of GATA1 and GATA2 is associated with tumor aggressiveness and poor outcome in clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Target Oncol. 2015;10:267-75 pubmed publisher..Our results support that GATA1 and GATA2 are involved in ccRCC tumor biology possibly affecting tumor development and aggressiveness. ..
- Hasegawa A, Kaneko H, Ishihara D, Nakamura M, Watanabe A, Yamamoto M, et al. GATA1 Binding Kinetics on Conformation-Specific Binding Sites Elicit Differential Transcriptional Regulation. Mol Cell Biol. 2016;36:2151-67 pubmed publisher..Our results support the notion that the distinct alignments in binding motifs are part of a critical regulatory strategy that diversifies and modulates transcriptional regulation by GATA1. ..
- Ahmed M, Sternberg A, Hall G, Thomas A, Smith O, O Marcaigh A, et al. Natural history of GATA1 mutations in Down syndrome. Blood. 2004;103:2480-9 pubmedAcquired mutations in megakaryocyte transcription factor GATA1 have recently been reported in Down syndrome (DS), transient myeloproliferative disorder (TMD), and acute megakaryoblastic leukemia (AMKL)...
- Moriguchi T, Yu L, Takai J, Hayashi M, Satoh H, Suzuki M, et al. The Human GATA1 Gene Retains a 5' Insulator That Maintains Chromosomal Architecture and GATA1 Expression Levels in Splenic Erythroblasts. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:1825-37 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that expression of the hGATA1 gene is regulated through the chromatin architecture organized by 5' CTCF site-mediated intrachromosomal interactions in the hGATA1 locus. ..
- Zhao Q, Chang C, Gonzalez J, Alzahrani K, Button J, Fraidenraich D. Combined Id1 and Id3 Deletion Leads to Severe Erythropoietic Disturbances. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0154480 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings demonstrate that loss of Id compensation leads to dysregulation of the hematopoietic transcriptional network and multiple defects in erythropoietic development in adult mice. ..
- Varricchio L, Dell aversana C, Nebbioso A, Migliaccio G, Altucci L, Mai A, et al. Identification of NuRSERY, a new functional HDAC complex composed by HDAC5, GATA1, EKLF and pERK present in human erythroid cells. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2014;50:112-22 pubmed publisher..Since exposure to APHA9 did not affect survival rates or p21 activation, NuRSERY may represent a novel, possibly less toxic, target for epigenetic therapies of hemoglobinopaties and other disorders. ..
- Matsubara E, Sakai I, Yamanouchi J, Fujiwara H, Yakushijin Y, Hato T, et al. The role of zinc finger protein 521/early hematopoietic zinc finger protein in erythroid cell differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:3480-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the direct interaction of ZNF521 with GATA-1 was demonstrated. These results indicate that ZNF521 modulates erythroid cell differentiation through direct binding with GATA-1. ..
- Hughan S, Senis Y, Best D, Thomas A, Frampton J, Vyas P, et al. Selective impairment of platelet activation to collagen in the absence of GATA1. Blood. 2005;105:4369-76 pubmedDefects in the X-linked DNA-binding megakaryocyte transcription factor GATA1 cause thrombocytopenia and abnormal platelet function. However, detailed studies of GATA1 function in platelet activation are lacking...
- Kitajima K, Zheng J, Yen H, Sugiyama D, Nakano T. Multipotential differentiation ability of GATA-1-null erythroid-committed cells. Genes Dev. 2006;20:654-9 pubmed..Our data suggest that GATA-1 is a critical transcription factor to fix erythroid progenitors to the erythroid lineage. ..
- Valverde Garduno V, Guyot B, Anguita E, Hamlett I, Porcher C, Vyas P. Differences in the chromatin structure and cis-element organization of the human and mouse GATA1 loci: implications for cis-element identification. Blood. 2004;104:3106-16 pubmed..These findings suggest that some cis-elements regulating human and mouse GATA1 genes differ. More generally, mouse human sequence comparison may fail to identify all cis-elements. ..
- Maroz A, Stachorski L, Emmrich S, Reinhardt K, Xu J, Shao Z, et al. GATA1s induces hyperproliferation of eosinophil precursors in Down syndrome transient leukemia. Leukemia. 2014;28:1259-70 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a direct relationship between the N-terminal truncating mutations of GATA1 and clonal eosinophilia in DS patients. ..
- Rozen L, Huybrechts S, Dedeken L, Heijmans C, Dessars B, Heimann P, et al. Transient leukemia in a newborn without Down syndrome: case report and review of the literature. Eur J Pediatr. 2014;173:1643-7 pubmed publisher..Our case of transient leukemia without Down syndrome and the literature review highlight the important role of trisomy 21 and GATA1 mutation in the development of transient neonatal leukemia. ..
- Zucker J, Temm C, Czader M, Nalepa G. A Child With Dyserythropoietic Anemia and Megakaryocyte Dysplasia Due to a Novel 5'UTR GATA1s Splice Mutation. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2016;63:917-21 pubmed publisher..abnormalities was due to a germline mutation within the 5' untranslated region (5'UTR) of globin transcription factor 1 (GATA1); (ii) the mutation impaired a 5'UTR GATA1 splicing site, with promoted production of the ..
- Phillips J, Steensma D, Pulsipher M, Spangrude G, Kushner J. Congenital erythropoietic porphyria due to a mutation in GATA1: the first trans-acting mutation causative for a human porphyria. Blood. 2007;109:2618-21 pubmed..The Hb F level of 59.5% suggests a role for GATA-1 in globin switching. A bone marrow allograft corrected both the porphyria and the thalassemia. ..
- White J, Burris S. Cytoskeletons of X-linked GATA-1, G208S macrothrombocytes are deficient in talin. Platelets. 2008;19:543-50 pubmed publisher..The 235-245 KD cytoskeletal protein, Talin, was absent from their (PAGE) gels and undetectable by a specific talin antibody on Western blots. ..
- Caprioli A, Koyano Nakagawa N, Iacovino M, Shi X, Ferdous A, Harvey R, et al. Nkx2-5 represses Gata1 gene expression and modulates the cellular fate of cardiac progenitors during embryogenesis. Circulation. 2011;123:1633-41 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that the hematopoietic/erythroid cell fate is suppressed via Nkx2-5 during mesodermal fate determination, and that the Gata1 gene is one of the targets that are suppressed by Nkx2-5. ..
- Chen R, Chou Y, Lan Y, Huang T, Shen C. Developmental silencing of human zeta-globin gene expression is mediated by the transcriptional repressor RREB1. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:10189-97 pubmed publisher..Because zeta-globin is a powerful inhibitor of HbS polymerization, our experiments have provided a foundation for therapeutic up-regulation of zeta-globin gene expression in patients with severe hemoglobinopathies. ..
- Li Y, Ke Q, Shao Y, Zhu G, Li Y, Geng N, et al. GATA1 induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition in breast cancer cells through PAK5 oncogenic signaling. Oncotarget. 2015;6:4345-56 pubmed..b>Transcription factor GATA1 has a critical anti-apoptotic role in breast cancer, but its function for metastasis has not been ..
- Liew C, Simpson R, Kwan A, Crofts L, Loughlin F, Matthews J, et al. Zinc fingers as protein recognition motifs: structural basis for the GATA-1/friend of GATA interaction. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:583-8 pubmed..Details of the architecture of the contact domains and their physical properties provide a molecular explanation for how the GATA-1 mutations contribute to distinct but related genetic diseases. ..
- Yin G, Yang X, Li Q, Guo Z. GATA1 activated lncRNA (Galont) promotes anoxia/reoxygenation-induced autophagy and cell death in cardiomyocytes by sponging miR-338. J Cell Biochem. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a novel regulatory circuit in the autophagy in cardiomyocytes, which consists of Galont, miR-338 and ATG5. This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved...
- Inage E, Kasakura K, Yashiro T, Suzuki R, Baba Y, Nakano N, et al. Critical Roles for PU.1, GATA1, and GATA2 in the expression of human Fc?RI on mast cells: PU.1 and GATA1 transactivate FCER1A, and GATA2 transactivates FCER1A and MS4A2. J Immunol. 2014;192:3936-46 pubmed publisher..Our findings will contribute to the development of new therapeutic approaches for Fc?RI-mediated allergic diseases. ..
- Carrol E, Payton A, Payne D, Miyajima F, Chaponda M, Mankhambo L, et al. The IL1RN promoter rs4251961 correlates with IL-1 receptor antagonist concentrations in human infection and is differentially regulated by GATA-1. J Immunol. 2011;186:2329-35 pubmed publisher..001) in the presence of GATA-1. Our findings suggest that the IL-1Ra single-nucleotide polymorphism rs4251961 plays a key role in the pathophysiology of IPD and in other human infections. ..
- Mansini A, Rubio P, Rossi J, Gallego M, Medina A, Zubizarreta P, et al. Mutation characterization in the GATA-1 gene in patients with Down's Syndrome diagnosed with transient abnormal myelopoiesis or acute megakaryoblastic leukemia. Arch Argent Pediatr. 2013;111:532-6 pubmed publisher..The high rate of GATA-1 gene mutations was confirmed in newborn infants with Down's Syndrome and MAT or AML. ..
- Wang Y, Ru Y, Liu G, Dong S, Li Y, Zhu X, et al. Identification of CDAN1, C15ORF41 and SEC23B mutations in Chinese patients affected by congenital dyserythropoietic anemia. Gene. 2018;640:73-78 pubmed publisher..mutdb.org/) and Protein Variation Effect Analyzer (Provean, http://provean.jcvi.org/seq_submit.php) and analyzed the conservation of the mutated amino acid among proteins from several mammalian species...