Gene Symbol: GAKIN
Description: kinesin family member 13B
Alias: GAKIN, guanylate kinase associated kinesin, kinesin 13B, kinesin-like protein GAKIN, kinesin-like protein KIF13B
- Direct interaction with a kinesin-related motor mediates transport of mammalian discs large tumor suppressor homologue in epithelial cellsNoriyuki Asaba
Department of Medicine, St Elizabeth s Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02135, USA
J Biol Chem 278:8395-400. 2003..domain of human discs large protein binds directly within the amino acids 607-831 of the stalk domain of GAKIN, a kinesin-like protein of broad distribution...
- GAKIN, a novel kinesin-like protein associates with the human homologue of the Drosophila discs large tumor suppressor in T lymphocytesT Hanada
Section of Hematology Oncology Research, Departments of Medicine, Anatomy, and Cellular Biology, St Elizabeth s Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02135, USA
J Biol Chem 275:28774-84. 2000..Here we show that a novel protein termed GAKIN binds to the guanylate kinase-like domain of hDlg...
- Up-regulation of microRNA-1290 impairs cytokinesis and affects the reprogramming of colon cancer cellsJia Wu
Laboratory of Gastroenterology, Second Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang University, School of Medicine, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province 310009, China
Cancer Lett 329:155-63. 2013..Our results suggest that up-regulation of miR-1290 in colon cancer cells impaired cytokinesis and affected reprogramming...
- Cyclin-dependent kinase 5 controls TRPV1 membrane trafficking and the heat sensitivity of nociceptors through KIF13BBao Ming Xing
Neuroscience Research Institute and Department of Neurobiology, The Key Laboratory for Neuroscience of the Ministry of Education and Health, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing 100191, China
J Neurosci 32:14709-21. 2012....
- A novel split kinesin assay identifies motor proteins that interact with distinct vesicle populationsBrian Jenkins
The Jungers Center for Neurosciences Research, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Cell Biol 198:749-61. 2012..This experimental paradigm allows a systematic approach to evaluate motor-vesicle interactions in living cells...
- Doublecortin induces mitotic microtubule catastrophe and inhibits glioma cell invasionManoranjan Santra
Department of Neurology, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Michigan, USA
J Neurochem 108:231-45. 2009....
- A NudE/14-3-3 pathway coordinates dynein and the kinesin Khc73 to position the mitotic spindleMichelle S Lu
Institute of Molecular Biology and Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403, USA
Dev Cell 26:369-80. 2013..The Khc73 stalk/14-3-3/NudE pathway defines a physical connection that coordinates the activities of multiple motor proteins to precisely position the spindle. ..
- Identification and characterization of human LL5A gene and mouse Ll5a gene in silicoMasuko Katoh
M and M Medical BioInformatics, Narashino 275 0022, Japan
Int J Oncol 23:1477-83. 2003..LL5alpha protein might be a transducer of PtdIns(3,4,5)P3 levels to the intracellular trafficking system...
- Centaurin-alpha1 interacts directly with kinesin motor protein KIF13BKanamarlapudi Venkateswarlu
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, The University of Bristol, University Walk, Bristol, BS8 1TD, UK
J Cell Sci 118:2471-84. 2005..Together, our data suggest a mechanism where direct binding between centaurin-alpha(1) and KIF13B could concentrate centaurin-alpha(1) at the leading edges of cells, thus modulating ARF6 function...
- Centaurin-alpha1 and KIF13B kinesin motor protein interaction in ARF6 signallingV Kanamarlapudi
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, The University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 33:1279-81. 2005..This paper reviews the studies carried out to assess the interaction and regulation of centaurin-alpha1 by KIF13B...
- The dynamic distribution of CARD11 at the immunological synapse is regulated by the inhibitory kinesin GAKINRebecca L Lamason
Department of Biological Chemistry, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Mol Cell 40:798-809. 2010..modifiers of CARD11, a critical adaptor in antigen receptor signaling, and identified the kinesin-3 family member GAKIN as a CARD11 inhibitor...
- Phosphorylation-independent dual-site binding of the FHA domain of KIF13 mediates phosphoinositide transport via centaurin alpha1Yufeng Tong
Structural Genomics Consortium, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON M5G 1L7, Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:20346-51. 2010..We propose that full-length KIF13B and CENTA1 form heterotetramers that can bind four phosphoinositide molecules in the vesicle and transport it along the microtubule...
- A novel function for KIF13B in germ cell migrationKatsiaryna Tarbashevich
Dept Developmental Biochemistry, GZMB, 37077 Goettingen, Germany
Dev Biol 349:169-78. 2011..Interference with PIP3 synthesis leads to PGC mismigration in vivo and in vitro. We propose that xKIF13B function is linked to polarized accumulation of PIP3 and directional migration of the PGCs in Xenopus embryos...
- Using quantitative PCR to identify kinesin-3 genes that are upregulated during growth arrest in mouse NIH3T3 cellsRikke I Thorsteinsson
Department of Biology, Section of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Copenhagen, Universitetsparken 13, DK 2100 Copenhagen OE, Denmark
Methods Cell Biol 94:67-86. 2009..In principle, however, the method can be extended to identify other genes or gene families that are upregulated during growth arrest...
- Par1b/MARK2 phosphorylates kinesin-like motor protein GAKIN/KIF13B to regulate axon formationYuta Yoshimura
Laboratory of Intracellular Signaling, Institute for Protein Research, Osaka University, 3 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 30:2206-19. 2010Here we report that Par1b/MARK2 regulates axon formation via phosphorylation of a kinesin superfamily protein GAKIN/KIF13B...
- Dlg1, Sec8, and Mtmr2 regulate membrane homeostasis in Schwann cell myelinationAnnalisa Bolis
Dulbecco Telethon Institute, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, 20132 Milan, Italy
J Neurosci 29:8858-70. 2009..We here report that, in Schwann cells, Dlg1 also interacts with kinesin 13B (kif13B) and Sec8, which are involved in vesicle transport and membrane tethering in polarized cells, ..
- A novel locus for hereditary spastic paraplegia with thin corpus callosum and epilepsyS Al-Yahyaee
College of Medicine and Health Sciences, Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat, Oman
Neurology 66:1230-4. 2006..One genetic locus has been identified on chromosome 15q13-q15 (SPG11) for HSP-TCC, but some HSP-TCC families have not been linked to this locus...
- Functional involvement of human discs large tumor suppressor in cytokinesisKenji Unno
Department of Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Exp Cell Res 314:3118-29. 2008..A kinesin-like motor protein, GAKIN, which binds directly to the GUK domain of hDlg, exhibited a similar intracellular distribution pattern with hDlg ..
- The effector domain of human Dlg tumor suppressor acts as a switch that relieves autoinhibition of kinesin-3 motor GAKIN/KIF13BKaori H Yamada
Department of Pharmacology and UIC Cancer Center, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Biochemistry 46:10039-45. 2007..Here, we report that the activity of the kinesin-3 motor protein, GAKIN, is regulated by the direct binding of its protein cargo, human discs large (hDlg) tumor suppressor...
- Neuronal polarity and the kinesin superfamily proteinsTakao Nakata
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Tokyo, Japan, 113 0033
Sci STKE 2007:pe6. 2007..In particular, KIF13B transports phosphatidylinositol (3,4,5)-trisphosphate, which, based on current hypotheses, is one of the most upstream molecules in the intracellular signaling cascades involved in axonal formation...
- Transport of PIP3 by GAKIN, a kinesin-3 family protein, regulates neuronal cell polarityKaori Horiguchi
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Center, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Cell Biol 174:425-36. 2006..We show that guanylate kinase-associated kinesin (GAKIN), a kinesin-like motor protein, directly interacts with a PIP3-interacting protein, PIP3BP, and mediates the ..
- Cytoskeletal Interactions of Human Dlg ProteinAthar Chishti; Fiscal Year: 2006..We have recently identified a novel protein termed GAKlN (Guanylate kinase Associated Kinesin) that binds to the guanylate kinase-like domain of hDlg and PSD-95...
- Regulation of CARD11 by a kinesin-like protein, GAKINRebecca Lamason; Fiscal Year: 2007..From this screen, a kinesin-like protein, GAKIN, was identified as an inhibitor of CARD11, and preliminary studies suggest that GAKIN functions as an inhibitor of ..
- Motor protein regulation of T cell receptor signalingJoel L Pomerantz; Fiscal Year: 2010..Using this strategy, we isolated the kinesin-like motor protein GAKIN as a negative regulator of CARD11...