Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GAGE1
Description: G antigen 1
Alias: CT4.1, GAGE-1, G antigen 1, MZ2-F antigen, cancer/testis antigen 4.1, cancer/testis antigen family 4, member 1
- Gjerstorff M, Kock K, Nielsen O, Ditzel H. MAGE-A1, GAGE and NY-ESO-1 cancer/testis antigen expression during human gonadal development. Hum Reprod. 2007;22:953-60 pubmed..The recognition of differential cellular expression of GAGE, MAGE-A1, NY-ESO-1 and OCT4 may help define biologically distinct germ cell subpopulations. ..
- Mishra D, Chen Z, Wu Y, Sarkissyan M, Koeffler H, Vadgama J. Global methylation pattern of genes in androgen-sensitive and androgen-independent prostate cancer cells. Mol Cancer Ther. 2010;9:33-45 pubmed publisher..addition, promoter methylation was detected for the first time in target genes such as RIOK3, STAT5, CASP8, SRBC, GAGE1, and NPAT...
- Jungbluth A, Silva W, Iversen K, Frosina D, Zaidi B, Coplan K, et al. Expression of cancer-testis (CT) antigens in placenta. Cancer Immun. 2007;7:15 pubmed..However, our data indicate that the various CT antigens have different functions during placental development. ..
- Kong U, Koo J, Choi K, Park J, Chang H. The expression of GAGE gene can predict aggressive biologic behavior of intestinal type of stomach cancer. Hepatogastroenterology. 2004;51:1519-23 pubmed
- De Backer O, Arden K, Boretti M, Vantomme V, de Smet C, Czekay S, et al. Characterization of the GAGE genes that are expressed in various human cancers and in normal testis. Cancer Res. 1999;59:3157-65 pubmed..Treatment of normal and tumor cultured cells with a demethylating agent, azadeoxycytidine, resulted in the transcriptional activation of GAGE genes, suggesting that their expression in tumors results from a demethylation process. ..
- Gjerstorff M, Ditzel H. An overview of the GAGE cancer/testis antigen family with the inclusion of newly identified members. Tissue Antigens. 2008;71:187-92 pubmed publisher..The potential use of GAGE proteins in cancer immunotherapy, including possible limitations, is also discussed. ..
- Van den Eynde B, Peeters O, De Backer O, Gaugler B, Lucas S, Boon T. A new family of genes coding for an antigen recognized by autologous cytolytic T lymphocytes on a human melanoma. J Exp Med. 1995;182:689-98 pubmed..About 50% of melanoma patients carry on their tumor at least one of the presently defined antigens encoded by the MAGE, BAGE, and GAGE genes. ..
- Chen M, Lin S, Chung L, Sikes R. Isolation and characterization of PAGE-1 and GAGE-7. New genes expressed in the LNCaP prostate cancer progression model that share homology with melanoma-associated antigens. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:17618-25 pubmed