Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GADD45B
Description: growth arrest and DNA damage inducible beta
Alias: GADD45BETA, MYD118, growth arrest and DNA damage-inducible protein GADD45 beta, myeloid differentiation primary response protein MyD118, negative growth regulatory protein MyD118
Publications121 found, 100 shown here
- Michaelis K, Knox A, Xu M, Kiseljak Vassiliades K, Edwards M, Geraci M, et al. Identification of growth arrest and DNA-damage-inducible gene beta (GADD45beta) as a novel tumor suppressor in pituitary gonadotrope tumors. Endocrinology. 2011;152:3603-13 pubmed publisher..Together these studies identify new targets and mechanisms to explore in pituitary tumor initiation and progression. ..
- Xu D, Lian D, Wu J, Liu Y, Zhu M, Sun J, et al. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor reduces inflammation and hippocampal apoptosis in experimental Streptococcus pneumoniae meningitis. J Neuroinflammation. 2017;14:156 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that treatment with exogenous BDNF might constitute a potential therapeutic strategy for the treatment of bacterial meningitis. ..
- Yuan R, Huang L, Du L, Feng J, Li J, Luo Y, et al. Dihydrotanshinone exhibits an anti-inflammatory effect in vitro and in vivo through blocking TLR4 dimerization. Pharmacol Res. 2019;142:102-114 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicated that DHT exhibited significant anti-inflammatory activity both in vitro and in vivo, suggesting that DHT may be a potential therapeutic agent for inflammatory diseases. ..
- Wu P, Jiang W, Jiang J, Zhao J, Liu Y, Zhang Y, et al. Dietary choline deficiency and excess induced intestinal inflammation and alteration of intestinal tight junction protein transcription potentially by modulating NF-?B, STAT and p38 MAPK signaling molecules in juvenile Jian carp. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;58:462-473 pubmed publisher..In summary, dietary choline deficiency or excess caused the depression of intestinal mucosal immune by inducing inflammation and dysfunction of the intestinal physical barrier, and regulating related signaling molecules of fish. ..
- Jung J, Kim N, Park S, Shin H, Hwang S, Kim K. Inhibitory effect of Phyllanthus urinaria L. extract on the replication of lamivudine-resistant hepatitis B virus in vitro. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2015;15:255 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Phyllanthus extract may be useful as an alternative therapeutic agent for the treatment of drug-resistant CHB patients. ..
- Montazeri M, Sanchez Lopez J, Caballero I, Maslehat Lay N, Elliott S, LÃ³pez MartÃn S, et al. Activation of Toll-like receptor 3 reduces actin polymerization and adhesion molecule expression in endometrial cells, a potential mechanism for viral-induced implantation failure. Hum Reprod. 2015;30:893-905 pubmed publisher..This research was supported by the COST Action FA1201 (GEMINI) by granting a Short Term Scientific Mission and the Instituto de Salud Carlos III by granting Grant PI11/01645. The authors have no conflict of interest to declare. ..
- Won S, Han A, Kwon Y. Maternal consumption of low-isoflavone soy protein isolate alters hepatic gene expression and liver development in rat offspring. J Nutr Biochem. 2017;42:51-61 pubmed publisher..We observed higher serum homocysteine levels and lower global and CpG site-specific DNA methylation of Gadd45b, a gene involved in cell proliferation and apoptosis, in SPI group compared to CAS group...
- Yang B, Wang C, Tu Y, Hu H, Han D, Zhu X, et al. Effects of repeated handling and air exposure on the immune response and the disease resistance of gibel carp (Carassius auratus gibelio) over winter. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;47:933-41 pubmed publisher..The present results implied that a MyD88-dependent signaling pathway was involved in the innate immune responses of gibel carp by repeated handling over winter against invading bacteria. ..
- Cho J, Kim J, Park J, Park I, Han I, Lee H. Toll-like receptor 4-mediated expression of interleukin-32 via the c-Jun N-terminal kinase/protein kinase B/cyclic adenosine monophosphate response element binding protein pathway in chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps. Int Forum Allergy Rhinol. 2016;6:1020-1028 pubmed publisher..LPS effectively induced IL-32 expression in NPDFs than in NorDFs through the TLR4-JNK-AKT-CREB signaling pathway. Therefore, IL-32 seems to be involved in the pathogenesis of CRSwNP. ..
- Murphy M, Pattabiraman G, Manavalan T, Medvedev A. Deficiency in IRAK4 activity attenuates manifestations of murine Lupus. Eur J Immunol. 2017;47:880-891 pubmed publisher..Thus, IRAK4 kinase activity contributes to murine lupus and could represent a new therapeutic target. ..
- Koh W, Shin J, Lee J, Lee I, Lee S, Ha I, et al. Anti-inflammatory effect of Cortex Eucommiae via modulation of the toll-like receptor 4 pathway in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW 264.7 macrophages. J Ethnopharmacol. 2017;209:255-263 pubmed publisher..CE down-regulated both Myd88-dependent and independent TLR-4 pathways, thus exerting anti-inflammatory effects. These results suggest that CE may be used as a potential therapeutic agent against chronic inflammatory diseases. ..
- Xiang H, Tao X, Xia S, Qu J, Song H, Liu J, et al. Emodin Alleviates Sodium Taurocholate-Induced Pancreatic Acinar Cell Injury via MicroRNA-30a-5p-Mediated Inhibition of High-Temperature Requirement A/Transforming Growth Factor Beta 1 Inflammatory Signaling. Front Immunol. 2017;8:1488 pubmed publisher
- Liu J, Wu S, Zhang H, Kuang F. Inhibition of MyD88 Signaling Skews Microglia/Macrophage Polarization and Attenuates Neuronal Apoptosis in the Hippocampus After Status Epilepticus in Mice. Neurotherapeutics. 2018;15:1093-1111 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that MG/MΦ polarization after SE impacts the pathological outcome of the hippocampus via MyD88 signaling and point to MyD88 as a potential neuroprotective target for epilepsy therapy. ..
- Murakami I, Matsushita M, Iwasaki T, Kuwamoto S, Kato M, Nagata K, et al. Interleukin-1 loop model for pathogenesis of Langerhans cell histiocytosis. Cell Commun Signal. 2015;13:13 pubmed publisher..MCPyV infection can trigger precursor LCH cells with BRAF mutation to produce IL-1; the IL-1 loop is amplified in all LCH subclasses. Our model indicates both BRAF mutation and IL-1 loop regulation as potential therapeutic targets. ..
- Sun G, Yang W, Zhang Y, Zhao M. Esculentoside A ameliorates cecal ligation and puncture-induced acute kidney injury in rats. Exp Anim. 2017;66:303-312 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study suggests that EsA effectively protects rats against septic AKI caused by CLP. ..
- Wu P, Liu Y, Jiang W, Jiang J, Zhang Y, Zhou X, et al. Intestinal immune responses of Jian carp against Aeromonas hydrophila depressed by choline deficiency: Varied change patterns of mRNA levels of cytokines, tight junction proteins and related signaling molecules among three intestinal segments. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;65:34-41 pubmed publisher..This study provides new finding that choline deficiency-induced immune responses against A. hydrophila infection were varied among three intestinal segments in fish. ..
- Jin C, Sellmann C, Engstler A, Ziegenhardt D, Bergheim I. Supplementation of sodium butyrate protects mice from the development of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). Br J Nutr. 2015;114:1745-55 pubmed publisher..In summary, these data suggest that an oral supplementation of SoB protects mice from inflammation in the liver and thus from the development of WSD-induced NASH. ..
- Jin C, Engstler A, Ziegenhardt D, Bischoff S, Trautwein C, Bergheim I. Loss of lipopolysaccharide-binding protein attenuates the development of diet-induced non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in mice. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2017;32:708-715 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that LBP is a critical factor in the development of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in mice. ..
- Sheng M, Huang Z, Pan L, Yu M, Yi C, Teng L, et al. SOCS2 exacerbates myocardial injury induced by ischemia/reperfusion in diabetic mice and H9c2 cells through inhibiting the JAK-STAT-IGF-1 pathway. Life Sci. 2017;188:101-109 pubmed publisher..The mRNA levels of selected DEGs, such as Angptl4, Gadd45b, Rnf122 and SOCS2, showed a high degree of correlation with the microarray data...
- Liu Y, Li T, Xu Y, Xu E, Zhou M, Wang B, et al. Effects of TLR4 gene silencing on the proliferation and apotosis of hepatocarcinoma HEPG2 cells. Oncol Lett. 2016;11:3054-3060 pubmed..Therefore, RNA interference-directed targeting of TLR4 may raise the potential of the application of TLR4 knockdown for liver cancer therapy. ..
- Spruss A, Henkel J, Kanuri G, Blank D, Püschel G, Bischoff S, et al. Female mice are more susceptible to nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: sex-specific regulation of the hepatic AMP-activated protein kinase-plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 cascade, but not the hepatic endotoxin response. Mol Med. 2012;18:1346-55 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data suggest that the sex-specific differences in the susceptibility to NAFLD are associated with differences in the regulation of the adiponectin-AMPK-PAI-1 signaling cascade. ..
- Huang N, Shaik Dasthagirisaheb Y, Lavalley M, Gibson F. Liver X receptors contribute to periodontal pathogen-elicited inflammation and oral bone loss. Mol Oral Microbiol. 2015;30:438-50 pubmed publisher..gingivalis-elicited oral bone loss. These findings identify novel importance for LXRs in the pathogenesis of P. gingivalis infection-elicited inflammation and oral bone loss. ..
- Zhang X, Li S, Li M, Huang H, Li J, Zhou C. Hypoxia-inducible factor-1? mediates the toll-like receptor 4 signaling pathway leading to anti-tumor effects in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells under hypoxic conditions. Oncol Lett. 2016;12:1034-1040 pubmed
- Kim S, Hong M, Song K, Lee H, Ryoo S, Heo T. Normalization of the levels of inflammatory molecules in Mycobacterium smegmatis-infected U937 cells by fibrate pretreatment. Biol Res. 2014;47:42 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to confirm the findings on pathophysiology and immune defense mechanism of U937 by fibrates during M. tuberculosis infection. ..
- Hsieh L, Frey H, Nastase M, Tredup C, Hoffmann A, Poluzzi C, et al. Bimodal role of NADPH oxidases in the regulation of biglycan-triggered IL-1Î² synthesis. Matrix Biol. 2016;49:61-81 pubmed publisher..Thus, selective inhibition of biglycan-TLR2 or biglycan-TLR4 signaling could be a novel therapeutic approach in ROS-mediated inflammatory diseases. ..
- Baer C, Dicker F, Kern W, Haferlach T, Haferlach C. Genetic characterization of MYD88-mutated lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma in comparison with MYD88-mutated chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Leukemia. 2017;31:1355-1362 pubmed publisher..In both entities, based on mutation load evaluation, MYD88 mutations were found to be present in the stem clone in each case, whereas CXCR4 (LPL) and SF3B1 (CLL) mutations also occurred in subclones only. ..
- Wang Z, Liu B, Lin G, Lin C, Lue T, Willingham E, et al. Up-regulation of estrogen responsive genes in hypospadias: microarray analysis. J Urol. 2007;177:1939-46 pubmed..significant differences in gene expression, specifically with a group of genes, including CYR61, CTGF, ATF3 and GADD45beta, known to be responsive to estrogen or to interact with estrogen receptor...
- van Lieshout M, Florquin S, VanÊ¼t Veer C, de Vos A, van der Poll T. TIR-Domain-Containing Adaptor-Inducing Interferon-Î² (TRIF) Mediates Antibacterial Defense during Gram-Negative Pneumonia by Inducing Interferon-x03B3. J Innate Immun. 2015;7:637-46 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that TRIF mediates antibacterial defense during Gram-negative pneumonia, at least in part, by inducing IFN-x03B3; at the primary site of infection. ..
- Zhang W, Cho S, Xiang G, Min K, Yu Q, Jin J. Ginseng Berry Extract Promotes Maturation of Mouse Dendritic Cells. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0130926 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that GB is a novel tumor therapeutic vaccine adjuvant by promoting DC and T cell activation. ..
- Wang Z, Zhou Y, Luo Y, Zhang J, Zhai Y, Yang D, et al. Gene Expression Profiles of Main Olfactory Epithelium in Adenylyl Cyclase 3 Knockout Mice. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:28320-33 pubmed publisher..related genes showed that P75NTR, Hinfp, Gadd45b, and Tet3 were significantly up-regulated, while Olfr370, Olfr1414, Olfr1208, Golf, Faim2, Tsg101, Mapk10, Actl6b,..
- Pouwels S, Zijlstra G, van der Toorn M, Hesse L, Gras R, ten Hacken N, et al. Cigarette smoke-induced necroptosis and DAMP release trigger neutrophilic airway inflammation in mice. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2016;310:L377-86 pubmed publisher..In vivo, CS exposure induces neutrophilic airway inflammation that is sensitive to necroptosis inhibition. ..
- Zhou Z, Mou S, Chen X, Gong L, Ge W. Anti-inflammatory activity of resveratrol prevents inflammation by inhibiting NF??B in animal models of acute pharyngitis. Mol Med Rep. 2018;17:1269-1274 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these data suggested an important clinical application of resveratrol in preventing acute pharyngitis. ..
- Ahn S, Chun S, Park C, Lee J, Lee S, Lee T. Transcriptome profiling analysis of senescent gingival fibroblasts in response to Fusobacterium nucleatum infection. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0188755 pubmed publisher..nucleatum-infected GF(P4) cells. Five genes (GADD45b, KLF10, CSRNP1, ID1, and TM4SF1) were upregulated in response to F...
- Jin R, De Smaele E, Zazzeroni F, Nguyen D, Papa S, Jones J, et al. Regulation of the gadd45beta promoter by NF-kappaB. DNA Cell Biol. 2002;21:491-503 pubmed..cascade is a pivotal protective mechanism by NF-kappaB, and that this suppression involves the upregulation of gadd45beta/myd118...
- Kim M, Bang J, Lee J, Kim H, Sung S, Han J, et al. Salvia miltiorrhiza extract protects white matter and the hippocampus from damage induced by chronic cerebral hypoperfusion in rats. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2015;15:415 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that SM may be a promising therapeutic candidate in vascular dementia because of its protective effects against damage to the white matter and hippocampus after BCCAo. ..
- Pinheiro C, Coelho A, de Oliveira C, Gasparoto T, Garlet G, Silva J, et al. Recognition of Candida albicans by gingival fibroblasts: The role of TLR2, TLR4/CD14, and MyD88. Cytokine. 2018;106:67-75 pubmed publisher..albicans and the pathways involved in this process. An understanding of these pathways may lead to alternative treatments for patients with periodontal disease. ..
- Jiang X, An Z, Lu C, Chen Y, Du E, Qi S, et al. The protective role of Nrf2-Gadd45b against antimony-induced oxidative stress and apoptosis in HEK293 cells. Toxicol Lett. 2016;256:11-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, elevated Gadd45b expression actives the phosphorylation of MAPKs upon Sb2O3 exposure, whereas Gadd45b knockdown diminished Sb2O3-..
- Govindarajan R, Posey J, Chao C, Lu R, Jadhav T, Javed A, et al. A comparison of 12-gene colon cancer assay gene expression in African American and Caucasian patients with stage II colon cancer. BMC Cancer. 2016;16:368 pubmed publisher..either single genes or gene groups (cell cycle group, stromal group, BGN1, FAP, INHBA1, Ki67, MYBL2, cMYC and GADD45B), was significantly different between the racial groups...
- Ye X, Kong D, Wang J, Ishrat T, Shi H, Ding X, et al. MyD88 contributes to neuroinflammatory responses induced by cerebral ischemia/reperfusion in mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;480:69-74 pubmed publisher..We concluded that MyD88-dependent signaling contributes to the inflammatory responses induced by cerebral I/R. MyD88 deficit may inhibit the increased inflammatory response and increase neuroprotective signaling. ..
- Chen D, Pan D, Tang S, Tan Z, Zhang Y, Fu Y, et al. Administration of chlorogenic acid alleviates spinal cord injury via TLR4/NF??B and p38 signaling pathway anti?inflammatory activity. Mol Med Rep. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that administration of chlorogenic acid alleviates SCI via anti?inflammatory activity mediated by TLR4/MyD88/NF??B and p38 signaling pathways...
- Hindi S, Shin J, Gallot Y, Straughn A, Simionescu Bankston A, Hindi L, et al. MyD88 promotes myoblast fusion in a cell-autonomous manner. Nat Commun. 2017;8:1624 pubmed publisher..Our study shows that MyD88 modulates myoblast fusion and suggests that augmenting its levels may be a therapeutic approach to improve skeletal muscle formation in degenerative muscle disorders. ..
- Abdollahi A, Lord K, Hoffman Liebermann B, Liebermann D. Sequence and expression of a cDNA encoding MyD118: a novel myeloid differentiation primary response gene induced by multiple cytokines. Oncogene. 1991;6:165-7 pubmedWe report here the full length cDNA sequence and the deduced amino acid sequence of MyD118, a novel myeloid differentiation primary response gene transiently expressed in M1D+ myeloid precursors following induction of terminal ..
- Kim Y, Kim J, Woo M, Kim T, Sohn K, Lee Y, et al. Innate signaling mechanisms controlling Mycobacterium chelonae-mediated CCL2 and CCL5 expression in macrophages. J Microbiol. 2015;53:864-74 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the present data indicate that the TLR2, MyD88, and NF-ÎºB pathways, Dectin-1 signaling, and intracellular ROS generation contribute to the Mch-mediated expression of chemokine genes in BMDMs. ..
- Lee G, Lee H, Kim T, Kim J, Sohn K, Jo E. Mycobacterium fortuitum induces A20 expression that impairs macrophage inflammatory responses. Pathog Dis. 2016;74: pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that MF-induced activation of host proinflammatory responses is negatively regulated through TLR2-dependent A20 expression. ..
- Di Stefano A, Ricciardolo F, Caramori G, Adcock I, Chung K, Barnes P, et al. Bronchial inflammation and bacterial load in stable COPD is associated with TLR4 overexpression. Eur Respir J. 2017;49: pubmed publisher..Bronchial epithelial overexpression of TLR4 and NOD1 in severe/very severe stable COPD, associated with increased bronchial inflammation and P. aeruginosa bacterial load, may play a role in the pathogenesis of COPD. ..
- Abshire C, Dragoi A, Roy C, Ivanov S. MTOR-Driven Metabolic Reprogramming Regulates Legionella pneumophila Intracellular Niche Homeostasis. PLoS Pathog. 2016;12:e1006088 pubmed publisher..Our work identified a host metabolic requirement for LCV homeostasis and demonstrated that L. pneumophila has evolved to manipulate MTOR-dependent lipogenesis for optimal intracellular replication. ..
- Ge J, Chen L, Yang Y, Lu X, Xiang Z. Sparstolonin B prevents lumbar intervertebral disc degeneration through toll like receptor 4, NADPH oxidase activation and the protein kinase B signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep. 2017;: pubmed publisher..These results implicate Sparstolonin B for use as a therapeutic agent for IVDD in clinical applications...
- Rossi S, Lumpkin C, Harris A, Holbrook J, Gentillon C, McCahan S, et al. Identification of early gene expression changes in primary cultured neurons treated with topoisomerase I poisons. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;479:319-324 pubmed publisher..Immediate-early genes like Fos, Egr-1 and Gadd45b were upregulated in CPT-treated MNs...
- Umasuthan N, Bathige S, Thulasitha W, Jayasooriya R, Shin Y, Lee J. Identification of a gene encoding a membrane-anchored toll-like receptor 5 (TLR5M) in Oplegnathus fasciatus that responds to flagellin challenge and activates NF-?B. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;62:276-290 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our study represents the genomic, evolutional, expressional and functional insights into a receptor and adaptor molecules of teleost origin that are involved in flagellin sensing. ..
- Lozano Pope I, Sharma A, Matthias M, Doran K, Obonyo M. Effect of myeloid differentiation primary response gene 88 on expression profiles of genes during the development and progression of Helicobacter-induced gastric cancer. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:133 pubmed publisher..The data show that our mouse model system is useful for identifying genes involved in gastric cancer progression. ..
- Park J, Son Y, Yoo B, Yang W, Kim J, Kim J, et al. Syk Plays a Critical Role in the Expression and Activation of IRAK1 in LPS-Treated Macrophages. Mediators Inflamm. 2017;2017:1506248 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results strongly suggest that Syk plays a critical role in regulating both the activity and transcriptional level of IRAK1. ..
- Wang Y, Chen L, Tian Z, Shen X, Wang X, Wu H, et al. CRISPR-Cas9 mediated gene knockout in human coronary artery endothelial cells reveals a pro-inflammatory role of TLR2. Cell Biol Int. 2018;42:187-193 pubmed publisher..We suggest that TLR2 may affect inflammatory reaction in HCAECs by introducing pro-inflammatory molecules like MyD88, pIRAK-1, and pNF-?B. ..
- Kassem A, Henning P, Kindlund B, Lindholm C, Lerner U. TLR5, a novel mediator of innate immunity-induced osteoclastogenesis and bone loss. FASEB J. 2015;29:4449-60 pubmed publisher..TLR5 might be a promising novel treatment target for prevention of inflammatory bone loss. ..
- Xu C, Chen G, Yang W, Xu Y, Xu Y, Huang X, et al. Hyaluronan ameliorates LPS-induced acute lung injury in mice via Toll-like receptor (TLR) 4-dependent signaling pathways. Int Immunopharmacol. 2015;28:1050-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our findings suggest that HA pretreatment attenuated LPS-induced ALI and the anti-inflammatory function of HA was partial dependent on TLR4, which shed new light on potential elements that regulate the lung injury response. ..
- Wang Y, Liu S, Li Y, Wang Q, Shao J, Chen Y, et al. Mycoplasma bovis-derived lipid-associated membrane proteins activate IL-1Î² production through the NF-ÎºB pathway via toll-like receptor 2 and MyD88. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;55:111-8 pubmed publisher..LAMPs also inhibited IL-1Î² expression following overexpression of a dominant-negative MyD88 protein. These results suggested that M. bovis-derived LAMPs activate IL-1Î² production through the NF-ÎºB pathway via TLR2 and MyD88. ..
- Majewska Szczepanik M, Askenase P, Lobo F, Marcińska K, Wen L, Szczepanik M. Epicutaneous immunization with ovalbumin and CpG induces TH1/TH17 cytokines, which regulate IgE and IgG2a production. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2016;138:262-273.e6 pubmed publisher..Epicutaneous application of protein antigen in the presence of adjuvant could be an attractive needle-free and self-administered immunotherapy for allergic diseases. ..
- Mallama C, McCoy Simandle K, Cianciotto N. The Type II Secretion System of Legionella pneumophila Dampens the MyD88 and Toll-Like Receptor 2 Signaling Pathway in Infected Human Macrophages. Infect Immun. 2017;85: pubmed publisher..pneumophila T2S system dampens the signaling of the TLR2 pathway in infected human macrophages. We also document the importance of PKR, TRIF, and TBK1 in cytokine secretion during L. pneumophila infection of macrophages. ..
- Hosseinzadeh M, Ahmadpoor P, Yekaninejad M, Pourrezagholi F, Foroughi F, Ghorbanpour M, et al. Expression patterns of Toll like receptor (TLR)-2, TLR-4 and myeloid differentiation primary response gene 88 (MYD88) in renal transplant patients developing allograft dysfunction; a cohort study. Transpl Immunol. 2018;48:26-31 pubmed publisher..001). Our results indicate that sequential monitoring of the expression patterns of TLR-2, TLR-4, and MYD88 in PBMCs and biopsy samples could be considered as predictive biomarkers for early and late kidney allograft function. ..
- Vairapandi M, Balliet A, Fornace A, Hoffman B, Liebermann D. The differentiation primary response gene MyD118, related to GADD45, encodes for a nuclear protein which interacts with PCNA and p21WAF1/CIP1. Oncogene. 1996;12:2579-94 pubmed..b>MyD118 was one of the novel MyD genes cloned, subsequently observed also to be a primary response gene to TGF-beta, which ..
- Vairapandi M, Balliet A, Hoffman B, Liebermann D. GADD45b and GADD45g are cdc2/cyclinB1 kinase inhibitors with a role in S and G2/M cell cycle checkpoints induced by genotoxic stress. J Cell Physiol. 2002;192:327-38 pubmedGadd45a (Gadd45), Gadd45b (MyD118), and Gadd45g (CR6) constitute a family of evolutionarily conserved, small, acidic, nuclear proteins, which have been implicated in terminal differentiation, growth suppression, and apoptosis...
- Chung H, Yi Y, Jung N, Kim D, Suh J, Kim H, et al. CR6-interacting factor 1 interacts with Gadd45 family proteins and modulates the cell cycle. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:28079-88 pubmedThe Gadd45 family of proteins includes Gadd45alpha, MyD118/Gadd45beta, and CR6/OIG37/Gadd45gamma. These proteins play important roles in maintaining genomic stability and in regulating the cell cycle...
- Major M, Jones D. Identification of a gadd45beta 3' enhancer that mediates SMAD3- and SMAD4-dependent transcriptional induction by transforming growth factor beta. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:5278-87 pubmedb>GADD45beta regulates cell growth, differentiation, and cell death following cellular exposure to diverse stimuli, including DNA damage and transforming growth factor-beta (TGFbeta)...
- Wang L, Xiao X, Li D, Chi Y, Wei P, Wang Y, et al. Abnormal expression of GADD45B in human colorectal carcinoma. J Transl Med. 2012;10:215 pubmed publisherb>GADD45B is a member of the growth arrest DNA damage-inducible gene family associated with cell growth control, apoptosis, and DNA damage repair response...
- Stark R, Choi H, Koch S, Fensterheim B, Lamb F, Sherwood E. Endothelial cell tolerance to lipopolysaccharide challenge is induced by monophosphoryl lipid A. Clin Sci (Lond). 2016;130:451-61 pubmed publisher..Most importantly, MPLA, a vaccine adjuvant with a wide therapeutic window, induced tolerance to LPS in endothelial cells. ..
- Magimaidas A, Madireddi P, Maifrede S, Mukherjee K, Hoffman B, Liebermann D. Gadd45b deficiency promotes premature senescence and skin aging. Oncotarget. 2016;7:26935-48 pubmed publisher..Here we show that primary mouse embryo fibroblasts (MEFs) from Gadd45b null mice proliferate slowly, accumulate increased levels of DNA damage, and senesce prematurely...
- Simões M, Pabis F, de Freitas A, de Azevedo M, Ronchi D, de Noronha L. Immunoexpression of GADD45? in the myocardium of newborns experiencing perinatal hypoxia. Pathol Res Pract. 2017;213:222-226 pubmed publisher..Gadd45? could be a suitable biomarker of cardiomyocytes apoptosis in newborns experiencing hypoxia in the first day of life, as its highest tissue immunoexpression around at the first six hours after birth. ..
- Bai L, Liang W, Chen M, Cissé Y, Liu J, Su Y, et al. Effect of lentivirus-mediated gene silencing, targeting toll-like receptor 2, on corneal allograft transplantation in rats. Mol Immunol. 2017;91:97-104 pubmed publisher..001). LV mediated TLR2 siRNA could effectively down regulate the TLR2 expression via RNA interference and prolong the survival of corneal grafts, although not necessarily able to prevent the rejection. ..
- Ye B, Han J, Kong F, Shan P, Lu Z, Huang Z, et al. NACHT, LRR and PYD domains-containing protein 3 inflammasome is activated and inhibited by berberine via toll-like receptor 4/myeloid differentiation primary response gene 88/nuclear factor-?B pathway, in phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate-induced macro. Mol Med Rep. 2017;: pubmed publisher..This inhibitory effect may imply an important role of berberine on chronic inflammation and atherogenic progression in coronary artery disease...
- Kurkjian C, Guo H, Montgomery N, Cheng N, Yuan H, Merrill J, et al. The Toll-Like Receptor 2/6 Agonist, FSL-1 Lipopeptide, Therapeutically Mitigates Acute Radiation Syndrome. Sci Rep. 2017;7:17355 pubmed publisher..The efficacy of a single FSL-1 dose for alleviating radiation injury while protecting against adverse effects reveals a viable radiation countermeasures agent. ..
- Lutz C, Weder B, Hünerwadel A, Fagagnini S, Lang B, Beerenwinkel N, et al. Myeloid differentiation primary response gene (MyD) 88 signalling is not essential for intestinal fibrosis development. Sci Rep. 2017;7:17678 pubmed publisher..Development of fibrosis appears to be uncoupled from acute inflammation. ..
- Sakaue M, Adachi H, Jetten A. Post-transcriptional regulation of MyD118 and GADD45 in human lung carcinoma cells during 6-[3-(1-adamantyl)-4-hydroxyphenyl]-2- naphthalene carboxylic acid-induced apoptosis. Mol Pharmacol. 1999;55:668-76 pubmed..The sequence of one of these genes was highly homologous to mouse MyD118, a gene closely related to GADD45...
- Mita H, Tsutsui J, Takekawa M, Witten E, Saito H. Regulation of MTK1/MEKK4 kinase activity by its N-terminal autoinhibitory domain and GADD45 binding. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:4544-55 pubmed..These MTK1 mutants are constitutively active, in both yeast and mammalian cells. A model of MTK1 autoinhibition by the N-terminal inhibitory domain and activation by GADD45 binding is presented. ..
- Qiu W, Zhou B, Chu P, Luh F, Yen Y. The induction of growth arrest DNA damage-inducible gene 45 beta in human hepatoma cell lines by S-adenosylmethionine. Am J Pathol. 2007;171:287-96 pubmedDown-regulation of GADD45beta, which is known to influence cell growth control, apoptosis, and cellular response to DNA damage, has been verified to be specific in hepatocellular carcinoma and consistent with the degree of malignancy...
- Svensson C, Inoue T, Hammaker D, Fukushima A, Papa S, Franzoso G, et al. Gadd45beta deficiency in rheumatoid arthritis: enhanced synovitis through JNK signaling. Arthritis Rheum. 2009;60:3229-40 pubmed publisher..b>Gadd45beta, which is an NF-kappaB-regulated gene, was recently identified as an endogenous negative regulator of the JNK ..
- Tian J, Locker J. Gadd45 in the liver: signal transduction and transcriptional mechanisms. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2013;793:69-80 pubmed publisher..Hence, the Gadd45b-/- genotype increases cell injury and decreases cell proliferation during liver regeneration (i.e...
- Kim J, Wahyudi L, Kim K, Gonzalez F. PPARα activation drives demethylation of the CpG islands of the Gadd45b promoter in the mouse liver. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;476:293-298 pubmed publisherGrowth arrest and DNA damage-inducible beta (GADD45b) plays a pivotal role in many intracellular events in both cell survival- and cell death-related signaling...
- Zhou H, Yu M, Roychowdhury S, Sanz Garcia C, Pollard K, McMullen M, et al. Myeloid-MyD88 Contributes to Ethanol-Induced Liver Injury in Mice Linking Hepatocellular Death to Inflammation. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2017;41:719-726 pubmed publisher..While MyD88LysM-KO still exhibited hepatocellular apoptosis in response to chronic EtOH, the absence of MyD88 on myeloid cells prevented the development of hepatic steatosis and inflammation. ..
- Ashigai H, Komano Y, Wang G, Kawachi Y, Sunaga K, Yamamoto R, et al. Polysaccharide from black currant (Ribes nigrum L.) stimulates dendritic cells through TLR4 signaling. Biosci Microbiota Food Health. 2017;36:141-145 pubmed publisher..We concluded that CAPS stimulates DCs through Myd88 depending TLR4 signaling and activates Th1-type cytokine release...
- Ono J, Shime H, Takaki H, Takashima K, Funami K, Yoshida S, et al. The TLR3/TICAM-1 signal constitutively controls spontaneous polyposis through suppression of c-Myc in Apc Min/+ mice. J Biomed Sci. 2017;24:79 pubmed publisher..These results imply that the TLR3/TICAM-1 pathway inhibits polyposis through suppression of c-Myc expression and supports long survival in Apc Min/+ mice. ..
- Shiratori E, Itoh M, Tohda S. MYD88 Inhibitor ST2825 Suppresses the Growth of Lymphoma and Leukaemia Cells. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:6203-6209 pubmed..In this study, we investigated the effects of ST2825, a synthetic peptidomimetic compound which inhibits MYD88 homodimerization, on their growth...
- Nighot M, Al Sadi R, Guo S, Rawat M, Nighot P, Watterson M, et al. Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Increase in Intestinal Epithelial Tight Permeability Is Mediated by Toll-Like Receptor 4/Myeloid Differentiation Primary Response 88 (MyD88) Activation of Myosin Light Chain Kinase Expression. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:2698-2710 pubmed publisher..Therapeutic targeting of these pathways can prevent an LPS-induced increase in intestinal permeability. ..
- Wang L, Qiao Q, Ferrao R, Shen C, Hatcher J, Buhrlage S, et al. Crystal structure of human IRAK1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:13507-13512 pubmed publisher..The phosphorylated IRAK4 kinase domain then forms heterodimers with the IRAK1 kinase domain within the Myddosome, leading to its subsequent phosphorylation and activation. ..
- Gong R, Yu L, Zhang H, Tu Q, Zhao Y, Yang J, et al. Assignment of human GADD45G to chromosome 9q22.1-->q22.3 by radiation hybrid mapping. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2000;88:95-6 pubmed
- Vairapandi M, Azam N, Balliet A, Hoffman B, Liebermann D. Characterization of MyD118, Gadd45, and proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) interacting domains. PCNA impedes MyD118 AND Gadd45-mediated negative growth control. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:16810-9 pubmedb>MyD118 and Gadd45 are related genes encoding for proteins that play important roles in negative growth control, including growth suppression and apoptosis...
- Wang T, Hu Y, Dong S, Fan M, Tamae D, Ozeki M, et al. Co-activation of ERK, NF-kappaB, and GADD45beta in response to ionizing radiation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:12593-601 pubmed..The extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) regulates cell proliferation and survival. GADD45beta is a primary cell cycle element responsive to NF-kappaB activation in anti-apoptotic responses...
- Zhu X, Westcott M, Bi X, Liu M, Gowdy K, Seo J, et al. Myeloid cell-specific ABCA1 deletion protects mice from bacterial infection. Circ Res. 2012;111:1398-409 pubmed publisher..However, whether ABCA1 expression has a role in regulating macrophage function in vivo is unknown...