Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GABRP
Description: gamma-aminobutyric acid type A receptor pi subunit
Alias: gamma-aminobutyric acid receptor subunit pi, GABA(A) receptor subunit pi, GABA(A) receptor, pi, gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) A receptor, pi
- Zeng Z, Shaffer J, Wang X, Feingold E, Weeks D, Lee M, et al. Genome-wide association studies of pit-and-fissure- and smooth-surface caries in permanent dentition. J Dent Res. 2013;92:432-7 pubmed publisher..g., CXCR1 and CXCR2, p value = 1.9E-6). This study supports the notion that genes differentially affect cariogenesis across the surfaces of the permanent dentition, and nominates several novel genes for investigation. ..
- Kim H, Jin E, Mo J, Shim H, Lee S, Chae S. The Association of the GABRP Polymorphisms with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. J Immunol Res. 2015;2015:602154 pubmed publisherGamma-aminobutyric acid receptor subunit pi (GABRP) is involved in inhibitory synaptic transmission in the central nervous system...
- Taylor P, Thomas P, Gorrie G, Connolly C, Smart T, Moss S. Identification of amino acid residues within GABA(A) receptor beta subunits that mediate both homomeric and heteromeric receptor expression. J Neurosci. 1999;19:6360-71 pubmed..Our studies identify, for the first time, key residues within the N-terminal domains of receptor beta subunits that mediate the selective assembly of GABA(A) receptors. ..
- Petryshen T, Middleton F, Tahl A, Rockwell G, Purcell S, Aldinger K, et al. Genetic investigation of chromosome 5q GABAA receptor subunit genes in schizophrenia. Mol Psychiatry. 2005;10:1074-88, 1057 pubmed..a group of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) A receptor subunit genes (GABRA1, GABRA6, GABRB2, GABRG2, and GABRP) within our linkage peak...
- Zafrakas M, Chorovicer M, Klaman I, Kristiansen G, Wild P, Heindrichs U, et al. Systematic characterisation of GABRP expression in sporadic breast cancer and normal breast tissue. Int J Cancer. 2006;118:1453-9 pubmedThe GABRP gene has been previously identified by in silico analysis of four million ESTs as a candidate gene differentially expressed in breast cancer...
- Sizemore G, Sizemore S, Seachrist D, Keri R. GABA(A) receptor pi (GABRP) stimulates basal-like breast cancer cell migration through activation of extracellular-regulated kinase 1/2 (ERK1/2). J Biol Chem. 2014;289:24102-13 pubmed publisher..Expression of the pi subunit of the GABA(A) receptor (GABRP) is associated with the BLBC/TN subtype, and herein, we reveal its expression also correlates with metastases to ..
- Sung H, Yang S, Ju W, Ahn J. Aberrant epigenetic regulation of GABRP associates with aggressive phenotype of ovarian cancer. Exp Mol Med. 2017;49:e335 pubmed publisher..Using gene expression profiling, we found that Î³-aminobutyric acid (GABA)A receptor Ï€ subunit (GABRP) expression was upregulated (>4-fold) in metastatic tissues from our xenograft mice compared with SK-OV-3 cells...