Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GABRE
Description: gamma-aminobutyric acid type A receptor epsilon subunit
Alias: gamma-aminobutyric acid receptor subunit epsilon, GABA(A) receptor subunit epsilon, GABA(A) receptor, epsilon, gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) A receptor, epsilon
Publications115 found, 100 shown here
- Liu C, Zhang L, Wu J, Sui X, Xu Y, Huang L, et al. AnkG hemizygous mice present cognitive impairment and elevated anxiety/depressive-like traits associated with decreased expression of GABA receptors and postsynaptic density protein. Exp Brain Res. 2017;235:3375-3390 pubmed publisher..Therefore, AnkG possibly contributes to neuroprotection and normal brain function, and may constitute a new target for treating neuropsychiatric diseases, especially cognitive dysfunction. ..
- Kaneko J, Kanazawa N, Tominaga N, Kaneko A, Suga H, Usui R, et al. Practical issues in measuring autoantibodies to neuronal cell-surface antigens in autoimmune neurological disorders: 190 cases. J Neurol Sci. 2018;390:26-32 pubmed publisher..NMDAR, LGI1 and GlyR were associated with clinical phenotype. Cell-surface antigens should be determined based on individual phenotype. ..
- Eggers Pedersen K, Basu N, Letcher R, Greaves A, Sonne C, Dietz R, et al. Brain region-specific perfluoroalkylated sulfonate (PFSA) and carboxylic acid (PFCA) accumulation and neurochemical biomarker responses in east Greenland polar bears (Ursus maritimus). Environ Res. 2015;138:22-31 pubmed publisher..However given the importance of these systems in cognitive processes and motor function, the present results indicate an urgent need for a better understanding of neurochemical effects of PFAS exposure to wildlife. ..
- Auger M, Floresco S. Prefrontal cortical GABAergic and NMDA glutamatergic regulation of delayed responding. Neuropharmacology. 2017;113:10-20 pubmed publisher..Furthermore they suggest that perturbations of both of these neurochemical signals within the PFC may contribute differentially to impairments in working memory observed in schizophrenia. ..
- Hedrington M, Tate D, Younk L, Davis S. Effects of Antecedent GABA A Receptor Activation on Counterregulatory Responses to Exercise in Healthy Man. Diabetes. 2015;64:3253-61 pubmed publisher..We conclude that prior activation of GABA A pathways can play a significant role in blunting key autonomous nervous system, neuroendocrine, and metabolic physiologic responses during next-day exercise in healthy man. ..
- Schlenker E. Muscimol microinjected in the arcuate nucleus affects metabolism, body temperature & ventilation. Respir Physiol Neurobiol. 2016;227:34-40 pubmed publisher..Thus, in rats GABAA receptors in the arcuate nucleus modulate BT, oxygen consumption, and ventilation in air and in response to hypercapnia in a sexually dimorphic manner. ..
- Yaoita F, Tsuchiya M, Arai Y, Tadano T, Tan No K. Involvement of catecholaminergic and GABAAergic mediations in the anxiety-related behavior in long-term powdered diet-fed mice. Neurochem Int. 2018;124:1-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the long-term powdered diet feeding may cause low anxiety or impulsivity, possibly via noradrenergic and/or dopaminergic, and GABAAergic mediations and increase the risk for onset of ADHD-like behaviors. ..
- Holmberg E, Johansson M, BÃ¤ckstrÃ¶m T, LÃ¶fgren M, Haage D. Repeated allopregnanolone exposure induces weight gain in schedule fed rats on high fat diet. Physiol Behav. 2015;140:1-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, it appears that allopregnanolone may be one of the endogenous factors involved in weight gain, especially when the diet is rich in fat. ..
- Curran A, Darnall R, Filiano J, Li A, Nattie E. Muscimol dialysis in the rostral ventral medulla reduced the CO(2) response in awake and sleeping piglets. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2001;90:971-80 pubmed
- Lo F, Erzurumlu R. L-type calcium channel-mediated plateau potentials in barrelette cells during structural plasticity. J Neurophysiol. 2002;88:794-801 pubmed..Increased Ca(2+) entry may play a key role in injury-induced structural remodeling, and/or transsynaptic cell death...
- Kim E, Wu Z, Sun H, Xu Y, Mangieri L, Xu Y, et al. Hypothalamic Non-AgRP, Non-POMC GABAergic Neurons Are Required for Postweaning Feeding and NPY Hyperphagia. J Neurosci. 2015;35:10440-50 pubmed publisher..Thus, these results signify an importance to study those yet to be defined hypothalamic neurons in the regulation of energy balance and reveal a neural basis for postweaning (nocturnal) feeding and NPY-mediated hyperphagia. ..
- Curia G, Papouin T, Séguéla P, Avoli M. Downregulation of tonic GABAergic inhibition in a mouse model of fragile X syndrome. Cereb Cortex. 2009;19:1515-20 pubmed publisher..This conclusion is in line with evidence implicating tonic GABA(A) inhibition in learning and memory. ..
- Johnson P, Samuels B, Fitz S, Federici L, Hammes N, Early M, et al. Orexin 1 receptors are a novel target to modulate panic responses and the panic brain network. Physiol Behav. 2012;107:733-42 pubmed publisher..The neural pathways through which ORX1 receptor antagonists attenuate panic responses involve the extended amygdala, periaqueductal gray, and medullary autonomic centers. ..
- Ou C, Luo Y, He S, Deng X, Luo H, Yuan Z, et al. Sodium P-Aminosalicylic Acid Improved Manganese-Induced Learning and Memory Dysfunction via Restoring the Ultrastructural Alterations and ?-Aminobutyric Acid Metabolism Imbalance in the Basal Ganglia. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2017;176:143-153 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these findings suggest the involvement of GABA metabolism and ultrastructural alterations of basal ganglia in PAS-Na's protective effects on the spatial learning and memory abilities. ..
- Bardgett M, Sharpe A, Toney G. Activation of corticotropin-releasing factor receptors in the rostral ventrolateral medulla is required for glucose-induced sympathoexcitation. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2014;307:E944-53 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that activation of SNA, and thus energy expenditure, by glucose is initiated by activation of CRF receptors in RVLM by descending inputs from PVN. ..
- Markert J, Fuller C, Gillespie G, Bubien J, McLean L, Hong R, et al. Differential gene expression profiling in human brain tumors. Physiol Genomics. 2001;5:21-33 pubmed..e., MIF) may have profound implications for brain tumor cell biology and thus may identify potential useful therapeutic targets in GBMs...
- Costa L. The neurotoxicity of organochlorine and pyrethroid pesticides. Handb Clin Neurol. 2015;131:135-48 pubmed publisher..Evidence of an association between exposure to organochlorine and pyrethroid insecticides and neurodegenerative diseases (e.g., Parkinson's disease) is weak, at best. ..
- Castelnovo L, Magnaghi V, Thomas P. Expression of membrane progesterone receptors (mPRs) in rat peripheral glial cell membranes and their potential role in the modulation of cell migration and protein expression. Steroids. 2019;142:6-13 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings show that mPRs are present and active in Schwann cells and have a role in modulating their physiological processes. ..
- Vo K, Horng H, Smollin C, Benowitz N. Severe Carisoprodol Withdrawal After a 14-Year Addiction and Acute Overdose. J Emerg Med. 2017;52:680-683 pubmed publisher..Treatment with carisoprodolÂ and phenobarbital provided additional benefit and canÂ beÂ considered in cases of severe carisoprodol withdrawal. ..
- Takamori S, Rhee J, Rosenmund C, Jahn R. Identification of a vesicular glutamate transporter that defines a glutamatergic phenotype in neurons. Nature. 2000;407:189-94 pubmed..We conclude that BNPI functions as vesicular glutamate transporter and that expression of BNPI suffices to define a glutamatergic phenotype in neurons...
- Purwana I, Zheng J, Li X, Deurloo M, Son D, Zhang Z, et al. GABA promotes human β-cell proliferation and modulates glucose homeostasis. Diabetes. 2014;63:4197-205 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that GABA regulates human β-cell mass and may be beneficial for the treatment of diabetes or improvement of islet transplantation. ..
- Wei H, Viisanen H, You H, Pertovaara A. Spinal histamine in attenuation of mechanical hypersensitivity in the spinal nerve ligation-induced model of experimental neuropathy. Eur J Pharmacol. 2016;772:1-10 pubmed publisher..The spinal histamine-induced antihypersensitivity effect involves histamine H2 and GABA(A) receptors and (presumably neuropathy-induced) co-activation of spinal Î±1-adrenoceptors. ..
- Szabadi E. GHB for cataplexy: Possible mode of action. J Psychopharmacol. 2015;29:744-9 pubmed publisher..GHB may prevent a cataplectic attack by dampening the tone of LC neurones via the stimulation of inhibitory extrasynaptic GABA receptors in the LC, and thus increasing the threshold for autoinhibition. ..
- Sun H, Neugebauer V. mGluR1, but not mGluR5, activates feed-forward inhibition in the medial prefrontal cortex to impair decision making. J Neurophysiol. 2011;106:960-73 pubmed publisher..The results show that mGluR1 activates feed-forward inhibition of PFC pyramidal cells to impair cognitive functions. ..
- Lundqvist A, Sandstrom H, Backstrom T. The relationship between weight gain during pregnancy and allopregnanolone levels: a longitudinal study. Endocr Connect. 2017;6:253-259 pubmed publisher..009 resp.). There was no difference in weight or allopregnanolone concentrations at the onset of pregnancy. The results show a relationship between weight gain during pregnancy and increase in allopregnanolone concentrations. ..
- Stettner G, Kubin L. Antagonism of orexin receptors in the posterior hypothalamus reduces hypoglossal and cardiorespiratory excitation from the perifornical hypothalamus. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2013;114:119-30 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that a significant portion of XII motoneuronal and cardiorespiratory activation evoked by disinhibition of PF neurons is mediated by local OX-dependent mechanisms within the posterior hypothalamus. ..
- Seuwen A, Schroeter A, Grandjean J, Rudin M. Metabolic changes assessed by MRS accurately reflect brain function during drug-induced epilepsy in mice in contrast to fMRI-based hemodynamic readouts. Neuroimage. 2015;120:55-63 pubmed publisher..Hence, the combined analysis of metabolic and hemodynamic changes in response to stimulation provides complementary insight into processes associated with neural activity. ..
- Pangratz Fuehrer S, Sieghart W, Rudolph U, Parada I, Huguenard J. Early postnatal switch in GABAA receptor Î±-subunits in the reticular thalamic nucleus. J Neurophysiol. 2016;115:1183-95 pubmed publisher..The postnatal switch in GABA(A)R subunits from Î±5 to Î±3 could facilitate spontaneous network activity in nRt that occurs at this developmental time point and which is proposed to play a role in early circuit development. ..
- Ring H, Mendu S, Shirazi Fard S, Birnir B, HallbÃ¶Ã¶k F. GABA maintains the proliferation of progenitors in the developing chick ciliary marginal zone and non-pigmented ciliary epithelium. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36874 pubmed publisher..The increased expression of p27(KIP1) after inhibition of either the GABA(A) receptors or the L-type VGCCs suggests a link between the GABA(A) receptors, membrane potential, and intracellular Ca(2+) in regulating the cell cycle. ..
- Krawczyk M, Ramani M, Dian J, Florez C, Mylvaganam S, Brien J, et al. Hippocampal hyperexcitability in fetal alcohol spectrum disorder: Pathological sharp waves and excitatory/inhibitory synaptic imbalance. Exp Neurol. 2016;280:70-9 pubmed publisher..These circuit and cellular level alterations may contribute to the increased propensity for seizures and neurobehavioral dysfunction observed in patients with a history of PAE. ..
- Marcinkowska M, Kołaczkowski M, Kaminski K, Bucki A, Pawłowski M, Siwek A, et al. Design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of fluorinated imidazo[1,2-a]pyridine derivatives with potential antipsychotic activity. Eur J Med Chem. 2016;124:456-467 pubmed publisher..These results are an encouraging example of a compound with non-dopaminergic mechanism of action displaying antipsychotic activity and are a point of entry for the future studies in this field. ..
- Li C, Fitzgerald M, Del Mar N, Reiner A. Disinhibition of neurons of the nucleus of solitary tract that project to the superior salivatory nucleus causes choroidal vasodilation: Implications for mechanisms underlying choroidal baroregulation. Neurosci Lett. 2016;633:106-111 pubmed publisher..Our results are consistent with the possibility that low blood pressure signals from the ADN produce vasodilation in choroid by causing diminished activity in ADN-receptive NTS neurons that tonically suppress SSN-projecting NTS neurons. ..
- Fossat P, BacquÃ© Cazenave J, De DeurwaerdÃ¨re P, Cattaert D, Delbecque J. Serotonin, but not dopamine, controls the stress response and anxiety-like behavior in the crayfish Procambarus clarkii. J Exp Biol. 2015;218:2745-52 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results emphasize that the rises in brain concentrations of 5-HT, but not DA, play a role in controlling the induction and the intensity of crayfish ALB. ..
- Espejo P, Ortiz V, Martijena I, Molina V. Stress-induced resistance to the fear memory labilization/reconsolidation process. Involvement of the basolateral amygdala complex. Neuropharmacology. 2016;109:349-356 pubmed publisher..In summary, prior stress limited both the occurrence of the reactivation-induced destabilization and restabilization. ..
- Kaushal R, Taylor B, Jamal A, Zhang L, Ma F, Donahue R, et al. GABA-A receptor activity in the noradrenergic locus coeruleus drives trigeminal neuropathic pain in the rat; contribution of NA?1 receptors in the medial prefrontal cortex. Neuroscience. 2016;334:148-159 pubmed publisher..Thus, GABAA-mediated activation of NA neurons during CCI-ION can facilitate hypersensitivity through NA?1 receptors in the mPFC. These data indicate LC is a chronic pain generator. ..
- Zayed M, Ihmaid S, Ahmed H, El Adl K, Asiri A, Omar A. Synthesis, Modelling, and Anticonvulsant Studies of New Quinazolines Showing Three Highly Active Compounds with Low Toxicity and High Affinity to the GABA-A Receptor. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..The most active compounds might be used as leads for future modification and optimization. ..
- Errington A, Gibson K, Crunelli V, Cope D. Aberrant GABA(A) receptor-mediated inhibition in cortico-thalamic networks of succinic semialdehyde dehydrogenase deficient mice. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19021 pubmed publisher..In agreement with previous studies, GABA(A) receptor-mediated inhibitory gain-of-function may be a common feature in models of typical absence seizures, and could be of pathological importance in patients with SSADH deficiency. ..
- Maro G, Gao S, Olechwier A, Hung W, Liu M, Ã–zkan E, et al. MADD-4/Punctin and Neurexin Organize C.Â elegans GABAergic Postsynapses through Neuroligin. Neuron. 2015;86:1420-32 pubmed publisher..We propose that presynaptic terminals induce postsynaptic receptor clustering through the action of both secreted ECM proteins and trans-synaptic adhesion complexes. ..
- Farahmandfar M, Akbarabadi A, Bakhtazad A, Zarrindast M. Recovery from ketamine-induced amnesia by blockade of GABA-A receptor in the medial prefrontal cortex of mice. Neuroscience. 2017;344:48-55 pubmed publisher..005, 0.1 and 0.5?g/mouse). It can be concluded that GABAergic system of the mPFC is involved in the ketamine-induced impairment of memory acquisition. ..
- Sgritta M, Locatelli F, Soda T, Prestori F, D Angelo E. Hebbian Spike-Timing Dependent Plasticity at the Cerebellar Input Stage. J Neurosci. 2017;37:2809-2823 pubmed publisher..Thus, STDP can bind plasticity to the mossy fiber burst phase with high temporal precision. ..
- Eckle V, Balk M, Thiermann H, Antkowiak B, Grasshoff C. Botulinum toxin B increases intrinsic muscle activity in organotypic spinal cord-skeletal muscle co-cultures. Toxicol Lett. 2016;244:167-171 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that glutamatergic synapses in the spinal cord are more sensitive to botulinum toxin B than synaptic contacts between spinal motoneurons and muscle fibres. ..
- Dauvilliers Y, Evangelista E, Lopez R, Barateau L, Jaussent I, Cens T, et al. Absence of ?-aminobutyric acid-a receptor potentiation in central hypersomnolence disorders. Ann Neurol. 2016;80:259-68 pubmed publisher..Ann Neurol 2016;80:259-268. ..
- Nasehi M, Roghani F, Ebrahimi Ghiri M, Zarrindast M. Role of the amygdala GABA-A receptors in ACPA-induced deficits during conditioned fear learning. Brain Res Bull. 2017;131:85-92 pubmed publisher..Such findings highlighted an interaction between BLA GABAergic and cannabinoidergic systems during the acquisition phase of conditioned fear memories. ..
- Liu K, Jounaidi Y, Forman S, Feng H. Etomidate uniquely modulates the desensitization of recombinant Î±1Î²3Î´ GABA(A) receptors. Neuroscience. 2015;300:307-13 pubmed publisher..Thus, etomidate enhances tonic GABAergic inhibition through extrasynaptic Î±Î²Î´ receptors by both augmenting gating and reducing desensitization. ..
- Jembrek M, VlainiÄ‡ J, Å uran J. Zolpidem withdrawal induced uncoupling of GABA(A) receptors in vitro associated with altered GABA(A) receptor subunit mRNA expression. Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars). 2015;75:160-71 pubmed
- Zhan L, Du L, Xia Z, Li W, Zhao B. Study of the expression of GABA(A) receptor in rats during acute lung injury caused by endotoxin. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:13312-9 pubmed publisher..It provides a novel method to study the incidence and mortality of ALI during the peroperative period. ..
- Jager A, Amiri H, Bielczyk N, van Heukelum S, Heerschap A, Aschrafi A, et al. Cortical control of aggression: GABA signalling in the anterior cingulate cortex. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Abat and Kcc2 seem to be involved in modulating aggressive and anxious behaviours observed in BALB/cJ mice through affecting GABA signalling in the ACC. ..
- Szyndler J, Maciejak P, Kołosowska K, Chmielewska N, Skórzewska A, Daszczuk P, et al. Altered expression of GABA-A receptor subunits in the hippocampus of PTZ-kindled rats. Pharmacol Rep. 2018;70:14-21 pubmed publisher..The pattern of changes observed in our study indicates that changes in tonic inhibition are involved in abnormal neuronal activity observed in PTZ model of epilepsy. ..
- Zhang H, Zheng C, Wang B, Wang M. Inhibitory effects of propofol on excitatory synaptic transmission in supraoptic nucleus neurons in vitro. Sheng Li Xue Bao. 2015;67:583-90 pubmed..The inhibitory effects of propofol on excitatory synaptic transmission of SON neurons may be related to the activation of GABA(A) receptors, but at a high concentration, propofol may also act directly on glutamate receptors. ..
- Porter B, Zhang G, Celix J, Hsu F, Raol Y, Telfeian A, et al. Heterogeneous GABAA receptor subunit expression in pediatric epilepsy patients. Neurobiol Dis. 2005;18:484-91 pubmed..Patient-specific GABAAR expression might contribute to variability in anti-epileptic drug efficacy, side-effect profiles, and seizure susceptibility. ..
- Rissman R, Mobley W. Implications for treatment: GABAA receptors in aging, Down syndrome and Alzheimer's disease. J Neurochem. 2011;117:613-22 pubmed publisher..When developing AD therapeutics that modulate GABA it is important to consider how E/I balance impacts AD pathogenesis and the relationship between seizure activity and cognitive decline...
- Holbein W, Blackburn M, Andrade M, Toney G. Burst Patterning of Hypothalamic Paraventricular Nucleus-Driven Sympathetic Nerve Activity in Angiotensin II-Salt Hypertension. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2017;:ajpheart.00560.2017 pubmed publisher..Because sSNA was unchanged in Veh-HSD rats, activation of PVN driven tonic sSNA appears to require central actions of AngII...
- Nambu A, Tokuno H, Hamada I, Kita H, Imanishi M, Akazawa T, et al. Excitatory cortical inputs to pallidal neurons via the subthalamic nucleus in the monkey. J Neurophysiol. 2000;84:289-300 pubmed..The present results indicate that the cortico-subthalamo-pallidal pathway conveys powerful excitatory effects from the motor-related cortical areas to the GP with shorter conduction time than the effects conveyed through the striatum...
- Sun M, Zhao W, Nelson T, Alkon D. Theta rhythm of hippocampal CA1 neuron activity: gating by GABAergic synaptic depolarization. J Neurophysiol. 2001;85:269-79 pubmed..We suggest that this mechanism may be important for the phase forward shift of the place cell discharges for each theta cycle during the animal's traversal of the place field for that cell...
- Chuang S, Reddy D. Genetic and Molecular Regulation of Extrasynaptic GABA-A Receptors in the Brain: Therapeutic Insights for Epilepsy. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2018;364:180-197 pubmed publisher..The discovery of an extrasynaptic molecular mechanism represents a milestone for developing novel therapies such as NS replacement therapy for catamenial epilepsy. ..
- Wilkins M, Hosie A, Smart T. Proton modulation of recombinant GABA(A) receptors: influence of GABA concentration and the beta subunit TM2-TM3 domain. J Physiol. 2005;567:365-77 pubmed
- Liang L, Zhou H, Zhang S, Yuan J, Wu H. Effects of gut microbiota disturbance induced in early life on the expression of extrasynaptic GABA-A receptor ?5 and ? subunits in the hippocampus of adult rats. Brain Res Bull. 2017;135:113-119 pubmed publisher..Future directions for the exploration of the effects of gut microbiota disturbance on GABA-A receptor ?5 and ? subunits are discussed. ..
- Mares P, Bernášková K, Kubova H. Ontogenetic development of sensitivity of the cerebral cortex to an antagonist of GABA(A) receptor bicuculline. Physiol Res. 2018;67:149-153 pubmed..Results with incidence and latencies of seizures did not show relations to age or concentration of bicuculline. Neither of the epileptic phenomena can be used as a reliable index of cortical maturation. ..
- Hernandez C, Zhang Y, Hu N, Shen D, Shen W, Liu X, et al. GABA A Receptor Coupling Junction and Pore GABRB3 Mutations are Linked to Early-Onset Epileptic Encephalopathy. Sci Rep. 2017;7:15903 pubmed publisher..These data reveal novel molecular mechanisms by which EOEE-linked mutations affect GABAA receptor function. ..
- Russek S. Evolution of GABA(A) receptor diversity in the human genome. Gene. 1999;227:213-22 pubmed
- Abu Shaweesh J, Dreshaj I, Haxhiu M, Martin R. Central GABAergic mechanisms are involved in apnea induced by SLN stimulation in piglets. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2001;90:1570-6 pubmed..05). Bicuculline also reduced SLN-induced apnea and duration of poststimulation apnea (P < 0.05). We conclude that centrally mediated GABAergic pathways are involved in laryngeal stimulation-induced apnea...
- Kenney M, Weiss M, Patel K, Wang Y, Fels R. Paraventricular nucleus bicuculline alters frequency components of sympathetic nerve discharge bursts. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2001;281:H1233-41 pubmed..We conclude that PVN GABA(A) receptor antagonism profoundly alters the frequency components in sympathetic nerves...
- Nusser Z, Kay L, Laurent G, Homanics G, Mody I. Disruption of GABA(A) receptors on GABAergic interneurons leads to increased oscillatory power in the olfactory bulb network. J Neurophysiol. 2001;86:2823-33 pubmed
- Jones B, Henderson L. Trafficking and potential assembly patterns of epsilon-containing GABAA receptors. J Neurochem. 2007;103:1258-71 pubmed
- Fernandez F, Esposito T, Lea R, Colson N, Ciccodicola A, Gianfrancesco F, et al. Investigation of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) A receptors genes and migraine susceptibility. BMC Med Genet. 2008;9:109 pubmed publisher..mapping of a migraine gene to chromosome Xq 24-28, a region containing a cluster of genes for GABA A receptors (GABRE, GABRA3, GABRQ), which are potential candidate genes for migraine...
- Kristensen H, Haldrup C, Strand S, Mundbjerg K, Mortensen M, Thorsen K, et al. Hypermethylation of the GABRE~miR-452~miR-224 promoter in prostate cancer predicts biochemical recurrence after radical prostatectomy. Clin Cancer Res. 2014;20:2169-81 pubmed publisher..Here, we investigated the regulation and biomarker potential of the GABRE?miR-452?miR-224 genomic locus...
- Mousavi Majd A, Ebrahim Tabar F, Afghani A, Ashrafpour S, Dehghan S, Gol M, et al. Inhibition of GABA A receptor improved spatial memory impairment in the local model of demyelination in rat hippocampus. Behav Brain Res. 2018;336:111-121 pubmed publisher..We conclude that disruption of GABAergic homeostasis in hippocampal demyelination context may be involved in memory impairment with the implications for both pathophysiology and therapy. ..
- Sun M, Reis D. Medullary vasomotor activity and hypoxic sympathoexcitation in pentobarbital-anesthetized rats. Am J Physiol. 1996;270:R348-55 pubmed..The neural mechanisms responsible for the sympathetic tone and rapid pressor responses to hypoxia in these animals qualitatively differ neither from those anesthetized with urethan nor from the decerebrate unanesthetized animals...
- Gao X, Van den Pol A. GABA, not glutamate, a primary transmitter driving action potentials in developing hypothalamic neurons. J Neurophysiol. 2001;85:425-34 pubmed..Thus a number of factors related to spike-dependent stabilization of neuronal connections, including Hebbian mechanisms, that are generally applied to glutamate transmission may also participate in stabilization of GABA circuits...
- Davies P, McCartney M, Wang W, Hales T, Kirkness E. Alternative transcripts of the GABA(A) receptor epsilon subunit in human and rat. Neuropharmacology. 2002;43:467-75 pubmed
- Garcia Martin E, Martinez C, Alonso Navarro H, Benito Leon J, Lorenzo Betancor O, Pastor P, et al. Gamma-aminobutyric acid GABRA4, GABRE, and GABRQ receptor polymorphisms and risk for essential tremor. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2011;21:436-9 pubmed publisher..and genotype frequencies of the single nucleotide polymorphisms, such as GABRA4-L26M (Leu26Met, rs2229940), GABRE-S102A (Ser26Ala, rs1139916), and GABRQ-I478F (Ile26Phe, rs3810651), in 200 patients with familial ET and 250 ..
- Bautista T, Dutschmann M. The role of the KÃ¶lliker-Fuse nuclei in the determination of abdominal motor output in a perfused brainstem preparation of juvenile rat. Respir Physiol Neurobiol. 2016;226:102-9 pubmed publisher..In sum, the KF is not a major contributorin setting baseline abdominal motor output. ..
- Mograbi K, de Castro A, de Oliveira J, Sales P, Covolan L, Del Bel E, et al. Effects of GABAa receptor antagonists on motor behavior in pharmacological Parkinson's disease model in mice. Physiol Rep. 2017;5: pubmed publisher..There is an interaction between dopamine and GABA in the basal ganglia and the blocking GABAa receptors may have therapeutic potential in the treatment of PD. ..
- Buhler A, Dunwiddie T. alpha7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors on GABAergic interneurons evoke dendritic and somatic inhibition of hippocampal neurons. J Neurophysiol. 2002;87:548-57 pubmed..These data suggest activation of these functionally distinct circuits by alpha7 receptors results in significant inhibition of both hippocampal pyramidal neurons as well as interneurons...
- Fillman S, Duncan C, Webster M, Elashoff M, Weickert C. Developmental co-regulation of the beta and gamma GABAA receptor subunits with distinct alpha subunits in the human dorsolateral prefrontal cortex. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2010;28:513-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, understanding developmental changes in GABA(A)R subunits could foster better pediatric pharmaceutical treatments. ..
- Fatemi S, Folsom T, Rooney R, Thuras P. Expression of GABAA ?2-, ?1- and ?-receptors are altered significantly in the lateral cerebellum of subjects with schizophrenia, major depression and bipolar disorder. Transl Psychiatry. 2013;3:e303 pubmed publisher..New avenues for treatment, such as the use of neurosteroids to promote GABA modulation, could potentially ameliorate GABAergic dysfunction in these disorders. ..
- Bohnsack J, Carlson S, Morrow A. Differential regulation of synaptic and extrasynaptic Î±4 GABA(A) receptor populations by protein kinase A and protein kinase C in cultured cortical neurons. Neuropharmacology. 2016;105:124-132 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest synaptic and extrasynaptic GABAA Î±4 subunit expression can be modulated by PKA to inform the development of more specific therapeutics for neurological diseases that involve deficits in GABAergic transmission. ..
- Einoch R, Weinreb O, Mandiuk N, Youdim M, Bilker W, Silver H. The involvement of BDNF-CREB signaling pathways in the pharmacological mechanism of combined SSRI- antipsychotic treatment in schizophrenia. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2017;27:470-483 pubmed publisher..Our study provides new knowledge of the molecular mechanisms of symptom amelioration in schizophrenia and may advance development of new drugs for this disease and other neuropsychiatric disorders. ..
- Manfridi A, Brambilla D, Mancia M. Sleep is differently modulated by basal forebrain GABA(A) and GABA(B) receptors. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2001;281:R170-5 pubmed
- Kilb W. Putative Role of Taurine as Neurotransmitter During Perinatal Cortical Development. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017;975 Pt 1:281-292 pubmed publisher..In summary, these results suggest that taurine may be critically involved in the regulation of network excitability in the immature neocortex and hippocampus via interactions with glycine receptors. ..
- Lee A, Wong R, Chuang S, Shin H, Bianchi R. Role of synaptic metabotropic glutamate receptors in epileptiform discharges in hippocampal slices. J Neurophysiol. 2002;88:1625-33 pubmed..In addition, the data indicate that the synaptic effects of the group I mGluRs on the duration of epileptiform discharges were mediated by a PLCbeta1-independent mechanism...
- Rosen A, Bali M, Horenstein J, Akabas M. Channel opening by anesthetics and GABA induces similar changes in the GABAA receptor M2 segment. Biophys J. 2007;92:3130-9 pubmed..We infer that activation by anesthetics and GABA induces a similar conformational change at the M2 segment 6' position that is related to channel opening. ..
- Fedi M, Berkovic S, Macdonell R, Curatolo J, Marini C, Reutens D. Intracortical hyperexcitability in humans with a GABAA receptor mutation. Cereb Cortex. 2008;18:664-9 pubmed..These findings are also likely to represent an important clue to the mechanisms linking this gene defect and the epilepsy phenotype. ..