Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: G3BP2
Description: G3BP stress granule assembly factor 2
Alias: ras GTPase-activating protein-binding protein 2, G3BP-2, GAP SH3 domain-binding protein 2, GTPase activating protein (SH3 domain) binding protein 2, Ras-GTPase activating protein SH3 domain-binding protein 2
- Zhao B, Li H, Liu J, Han P, Zhang C, Bai H, et al. MicroRNA-23b Targets Ras GTPase-Activating Protein SH3 Domain-Binding Protein 2 to Alleviate Fibrosis and Albuminuria in Diabetic Nephropathy. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016;27:2597-608 pubmed publisher..In contrast, renal expression of Ras GTPase-activating protein SH3 domain-binding protein 2 (G3BP2), a putative miR-23b target, increased in DN...
- Gupta N, Badeaux M, Liu Y, Naxerova K, Sgroi D, Munn L, et al. Stress granule-associated protein G3BP2 regulates breast tumor initiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:1033-1038 pubmed publisher..C108, including the stress granule-associated protein, GTPase-activating protein (SH3 domain)-binding protein 2, G3BP2. G3BP2 regulates breast tumor initiation through the stabilization of Squamous cell carcinoma antigen recognized ..
- Takayama K, Suzuki T, Tanaka T, Fujimura T, Takahashi S, Urano T, et al. TRIM25 enhances cell growth and cell survival by modulating p53 signals via interaction with G3BP2 in prostate cancer. Oncogene. 2018;37:2165-2180 pubmed publisher..of p53 by complex of SUMO E3 ligase RanBP2 with androgen-induced GTPase-activating protein-binding protein 2 (G3BP2)...
- Slawinska A, Plowiec A, Siwek M, Jaroszewski M, Bednarczyk M. Long-Term Transcriptomic Effects of Prebiotics and Synbiotics Delivered In Ovo in Broiler Chickens. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0168899 pubmed publisher..from P1 and P2 in transport (BEST4, SLC9A3, and SLC13A2), metabolism (OGT, ALPP, CA4, and CA7), signaling (FGG, G3BP2, UBB, G3BP2, CACNA1G, and ATP6V0A4), and immune responses (MSMB, LGALS3, CABIN1, CXCR5, PAX5, and TNFRSF14)...
- Takayama K, Suzuki T, Fujimura T, Takahashi S, Inoue S. Association of USP10 with G3BP2 Inhibits p53 Signaling and Contributes to Poor Outcome in Prostate Cancer. Mol Cancer Res. 2018;16:846-856 pubmed publisher..GTPase-activating protein-binding protein 2 (G3BP2), an androgen-responsive gene, is known as the main component of stress granules (SG) that interacts with USP10 in ..
- Ashikari D, Takayama K, Tanaka T, Suzuki Y, Obinata D, Fujimura T, et al. Androgen induces G3BP2 and SUMO-mediated p53 nuclear export in prostate cancer. Oncogene. 2017;36:6272-6281 pubmed publisher..Here we report that p53 is translocated to the cytoplasm by androgen-mediated induction of G3BP2, a newly described direct target gene of AR. G3BP2 induces both cell cycle progression and blocks apoptosis...
- Kedersha N, Panas M, Achorn C, Lyons S, Tisdale S, Hickman T, et al. G3BP-Caprin1-USP10 complexes mediate stress granule condensation and associate with 40S subunits. J Cell Biol. 2016;212:845-60 pubmed publisher..We now show that cells lacking both G3BP1 and G3BP2 cannot form SGs in response to eukaryotic initiation factor 2α phosphorylation or eIF4A inhibition, but are still ..
- Unoki M, Shen J, Zheng Z, Harris C. Novel splice variants of ING4 and their possible roles in the regulation of cell growth and motility. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:34677-86 pubmed..Understanding the functions of the four splice variants may aid in defining their roles in human carcinogenesis. ..
- Prigent M, Barlat I, Langen H, Dargemont C. IkappaBalpha and IkappaBalpha /NF-kappa B complexes are retained in the cytoplasm through interaction with a novel partner, RasGAP SH3-binding protein 2. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:36441-9 pubmed..contains a sequence responsible for the cytoplasmic retention of IkappaBalpha that is specifically recognized by G3BP2, a cytoplasmic protein that interacts with both IkappaBalpha and IkappaBalpha/NF-kappaB complexes...
- Scholte F, Tas A, Albulescu I, Zusinaite E, Merits A, Snijder E, et al. Stress granule components G3BP1 and G3BP2 play a proviral role early in Chikungunya virus replication. J Virol. 2015;89:4457-69 pubmed publisher..Its homolog G3BP2 is a less extensively studied SG component...
- Bidet K, Dadlani D, Garcia Blanco M. G3BP1, G3BP2 and CAPRIN1 are required for translation of interferon stimulated mRNAs and are targeted by a dengue virus non-coding RNA. PLoS Pathog. 2014;10:e1004242 pubmed publisher..We examined three conserved host RNA-binding proteins (RBPs) G3BP1, G3BP2 and CAPRIN1 in dengue virus (DENV-2) infection and found them to be novel regulators of the interferon (IFN) ..
- Duvall Noelle N, Karwandyar A, Richmond A, Raman D. LASP-1: a nuclear hub for the UHRF1-DNMT1-G9a-Snail1 complex. Oncogene. 2016;35:1122-33 pubmed publisher..LASP-1 also directly bound to Snail1 which may stabilize Snail1. Thus, nuclear LASP-1 appears to functionally serve as a hub for the epigenetic machinery. ..
- Wei S, Fattet L, Tsai J, Guo Y, Pai V, Majeski H, et al. Matrix stiffness drives epithelial-mesenchymal transition and tumour metastasis through a TWIST1-G3BP2 mechanotransduction pathway. Nat Cell Biol. 2015;17:678-88 pubmed publisher..matrix stiffness promotes nuclear translocation of TWIST1 by releasing TWIST1 from its cytoplasmic binding partner G3BP2. Loss of G3BP2 leads to constitutive TWIST1 nuclear localization and synergizes with increasing matrix stiffness ..
- Kennedy D, Wood S, Ramsdale T, Tam P, Steiner K, Mattick J. Identification of a mouse orthologue of the human ras-GAP-SH3-domain binding protein and structural confirmation that these proteins contain an RNA recognition motif. Biomed Pept Proteins Nucleic Acids. 1996;2:93-9 pubmed
- Panas M, Varjak M, Lulla A, Eng K, Merits A, Karlsson Hedestam G, et al. Sequestration of G3BP coupled with efficient translation inhibits stress granules in Semliki Forest virus infection. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:4701-12 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we show that the nsP3/G3BP interaction also blocks SGs induced by other stresses than virus infection. This is one of few described viral mechanisms for SG disruption and underlines the role of SGs in antiviral defense...
- Kobayashi T, Winslow S, Sunesson L, Hellman U, Larsson C. PKC? binds G3BP2 and regulates stress granule formation following cellular stress. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35820 pubmed publisher..poly(A)(+) binding protein (PABPC1), IGF-II mRNA binding protein 3 (IGF2BP3), and RasGAP binding protein 2 (G3BP2) all co-precipitate with PKC?...
- Kristensen O. Crystal structure of the G3BP2 NTF2-like domain in complex with aÂ canonical FGDF motif peptide. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;467:53-7 pubmed publisher..The FGDF peptide binds and changes conformation of the protruding N-terminal residues by providing hydrophobic interactions to a symmetry related molecule that facilitated crystallization of the G3BP2 isoform.
- Pasini F, Maistro S, Snitcovsky I, Barbeta L, Rotea Mangone F, Lehn C, et al. Four-gene expression model predictive of lymph node metastases in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Acta Oncol. 2012;51:77-85 pubmed publisher..The genes identified here that integrate our "Nodal Index" model are predictive of lymph node metastasis in OSCC. ..