Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: G3BP
Description: G3BP stress granule assembly factor 1
Alias: G3BP, HDH-VIII, ras GTPase-activating protein-binding protein 1, ATP-dependent DNA helicase VIII, DNA helicase VIII, G3BP-1, GAP SH3 domain-binding protein 1, GAP binding protein, GTPase activating protein (SH3 domain) binding protein 1, Ras-GTPase-activating protein SH3-domain-binding protein, RasGAP-associated endoribonuclease G3BP
Publications126 found, 100 shown here
- Rahmouni S, Vang T, Alonso A, Williams S, van Stipdonk M, Soncini C, et al. Removal of C-terminal SRC kinase from the immune synapse by a new binding protein. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:2227-41 pubmed..Csk becomes associated with an approximately 72-kDa tyrosine-phosphorylated protein, which we identify here as G3BP, a phosphoprotein reported to bind the SH3 domain of Ras GTPase-activating protein...
- Zhang H, Liu J, Wei Y, Wu C, Cao Y, Wang M. Expression of G3BP and RhoC in esophageal squamous carcinoma and their effect on prognosis. World J Gastroenterol. 2007;13:4126-30 pubmedTo investigate the expression and significance of G3BP and RhoC proteins in esophageal squamous carcinoma (ESC). The expression of G3BP and Rhoc proteins in 80 cases of ESC was detected by immunohistochemistry...
- Kwon S, Zhang Y, Matthias P. The deacetylase HDAC6 is a novel critical component of stress granules involved in the stress response. Genes Dev. 2007;21:3381-94 pubmed..We found that HDAC6 interacts with another SG protein, G3BP (Ras-GTPase-activating protein SH3 domain-binding protein 1), and localizes to SGs under all stress conditions ..
- Taniuchi K, Nishimori I, Hollingsworth M. The N-terminal domain of G3BP enhances cell motility and invasion by posttranscriptional regulation of BART. Mol Cancer Res. 2011;9:856-66 pubmed publisher..We previously reported that GTPase-activating protein [Src homology 3 (SH3) domain] binding protein (G3BP), a marker of cytoplasmic stress granules that are formed in stressed cells and regulate mRNA stability, binds and ..
- Parker F, Maurier F, Delumeau I, Duchesne M, Faucher D, Debussche L, et al. A Ras-GTPase-activating protein SH3-domain-binding protein. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:2561-9 pubmedWe report the purification of a Ras-GTPase-activating protein (GAP)-binding protein, G3BP, a ubiquitously expressed cytosolic 68-kDa protein that coimmunoprecipitates with GAP...
- Katsafanas G, Moss B. Vaccinia virus intermediate stage transcription is complemented by Ras-GTPase-activating protein SH3 domain-binding protein (G3BP) and cytoplasmic activation/proliferation-associated protein (p137) individually or as a heterodimer. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:52210-7 pubmed..electrophoresis and identified by mass spectrometry as Ras-GTPase-activating protein SH3 domain-binding protein (G3BP) and p137, recently named cytoplasmic activation/proliferation-associated protein-1...
- Irvine K, Stirling R, Hume D, Kennedy D. Rasputin, more promiscuous than ever: a review of G3BP. Int J Dev Biol. 2004;48:1065-77 pubmedIn this review, we highlight what G3BP's domain structure initially suggested; that G3BPs are "scaffolding" proteins linking signal transduction to RNA metabolism...
- Kim M, Wiederschain D, Kennedy D, Hansen E, Yuan Z. Modulation of p53 and MDM2 activity by novel interaction with Ras-GAP binding proteins (G3BP). Oncogene. 2007;26:4209-15 pubmed..Furthermore, expression of shRNA targeting either G3BP1 or G3BP2 in human cancer cell lines resulted in marked upregulation of p53 levels and activity. Our results suggest that both G3BP isoforms may act as negative regulators of p53.
- Ortega A, Willers I, Sala S, Cuezva J. Human G3BP1 interacts with beta-F1-ATPase mRNA and inhibits its translation. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:2685-96 pubmed publisher..Molecular and functional studies indicate that the interaction of G3BP1 with beta-F1 mRNA inhibits its translation at the initiation level, supporting a role for G3BP1 in the glycolytic switch that occurs in cancer. ..
- Matsuki H, Takahashi M, Higuchi M, Makokha G, Oie M, Fujii M. Both G3BP1 and G3BP2 contribute to stress granule formation. Genes Cells. 2013;18:135-46 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that both G3BP1 and G3BP2 play a role in the formation of SGs in various human cells and thereby recovery from these cellular stresses. ..
- Soncini C, Berdo I, Draetta G. Ras-GAP SH3 domain binding protein (G3BP) is a modulator of USP10, a novel human ubiquitin specific protease. Oncogene. 2001;20:3869-79 pubmed..The isolated clone encodes a protein known to interact with the Ras-GTPase activating protein (G3BP)...
- Yi Z, Fang C, Pan T, Wang J, Yang P, Yuan Z. Subproteomic study of hepatitis C virus replicon reveals Ras-GTPase-activating protein binding protein 1 as potential HCV RC component. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;350:174-8 pubmed
- Shim J, Su Z, Chae J, Kim D, Zhu F, Ma W, et al. Epigallocatechin gallate suppresses lung cancer cell growth through Ras-GTPase-activating protein SH3 domain-binding protein 1. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2010;3:670-9 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results strongly indicate that EGCG suppresses lung tumorigenesis through its binding with G3BP1. ..
- Annibaldi A, Dousse A, Martin S, Tazi J, Widmann C. Revisiting G3BP1 as a RasGAP binding protein: sensitization of tumor cells to chemotherapy by the RasGAP 317-326 sequence does not involve G3BP1. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e29024 pubmed publisher..Importantly, our data provide arguments against G3BP1 being a genuine RasGAP-binding partner. Hence, G3BP1-mediated signaling may not involve RasGAP. ..
- Valiente EcheverrÃa F, Melnychuk L, Vyboh K, Ajamian L, Gallouzi I, Bernard N, et al. eEF2 and Ras-GAP SH3 domain-binding protein (G3BP1) modulate stress granule assembly during HIV-1 infection. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4819 pubmed publisher..Understanding how HIV-1 counters anti-viral stress responses will lay the groundwork for new therapeutic strategies to bolster host cell immune defences against HIV-1 and other pathogens. ..
- Boeynaems S, Bogaert E, Kovacs D, Konijnenberg A, Timmerman E, Volkov A, et al. Phase Separation of C9orf72 Dipeptide Repeats Perturbs Stress Granule Dynamics. Mol Cell. 2017;65:1044-1055.e5 pubmed publisher..DPRs in cells induced spontaneous stress granule assembly that required both eIF2? phosphorylation and G3BP. Together with recent reports showing that DPRs affect nucleocytoplasmic transport, our results point to an ..
- Simeoni F, Tasselli L, Tanaka S, Villanova L, Hayashi M, Kubota K, et al. Proteomic analysis of the SIRT6 interactome: novel links to genome maintenance and cellular stress signaling. Sci Rep. 2013;3:3085 pubmed publisher..Extended analysis of the SIRT6 interaction with G3BP1, a master stress response factor, uncovers an unexpected role and mechanism of SIRT6 in regulating stress granule assembly and cellular stress resistance. ..
- Le Sage V, Cinti A, McCarthy S, Amorim R, Rao S, Daino G, et al. Ebola virus VP35 blocks stress granule assembly. Virology. 2017;502:73-83 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a novel function for EBOV VP35 in the repression of SG assembly. ..
- Hu S, Li J, Xu F, Mei S, Le Duff Y, Yin L, et al. SAMHD1 Inhibits LINE-1 Retrotransposition by Promoting Stress Granule Formation. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005367 pubmed publisher..Together, these data reveal a new mechanism for SAMHD1 to control LINE-1 by activating cellular stress granule pathway. ..
- Arguello A, DeLiberto A, Kleiner R. RNA Chemical Proteomics Reveals the N6-Methyladenosine (m6A)-Regulated Protein-RNA Interactome. J Am Chem Soc. 2017;139:17249-17252 pubmed publisher..Our work provides a general strategy for interrogating the interactome of RNA modifications and reveals the biochemical mechanisms underlying m6A function in the cell. ..
- Wehner K, Schütz S, Sarnow P. OGFOD1, a novel modulator of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2alpha phosphorylation and the cellular response to stress. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:2006-16 pubmed publisher..These findings argue that OGFOD1 plays important proapoptotic roles in the regulation of translation and HRI-mediated phosphorylation of eIF2alpha in cells subjected to arsenite-induced stress. ..
- Krapp S, Greiner E, Amin B, Sonnewald U, Krenz B. The stress granule component G3BP is a novel interaction partner for the nuclear shuttle proteins of the nanovirus pea necrotic yellow dwarf virus and geminivirus abutilon mosaic virus. Virus Res. 2017;227:6-14 pubmed publisher..g. viral infection. In mammalian cells assembly of SGs is dependent on the Ras-GAP SH3-domain-binding protein (G3BP)...
- Dhillon P, Rao C. Rotavirus Induces Formation of Remodeled Stress Granules and P Bodies and Their Sequestration in Viroplasms To Promote Progeny Virus Production. J Virol. 2018;92: pubmed publisher..These observations have implications for the planning of future research with the aim of understanding the structure of the VM, the mechanism of morphogenesis of the virus, and the detailed roles of host proteins in rotavirus biology. ..
- Deng W, Yan M, Yu T, Ge H, Lin H, Li J, et al. Quantitative proteomic analysis of the metastasis-inhibitory mechanism of miR-193a-3p in non-small cell lung cancer. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;35:1677-88 pubmed publisher..These findings may improve the understanding of the molecular mechanisms underlying the metastatic-inhibitory effect of miR-193a-3p on lung cancer cells. ..
- Cao Y, Banks D, Mattei A, Riddick A, Reed K, Zhang A, et al. Pseudophosphatase MK-STYX Alters Histone Deacetylase 6 Cytoplasmic Localization, Decreases Its Phosphorylation, and Increases Detyrosination of Tubulin. Int J Mol Sci. 2019;20: pubmed publisher..protein kinase) phosphoserine/threonine/tyrosine-binding protein) interacts with the stress granule nucleator G3BP-1 (Ras-GAP (GTPase-activating protein) SH3 (Src homology 3) domain-binding protein-1), and decreases stress granule ..
- Abrakhi S, Kretov D, Desforges B, Dobra I, Bouhss A, Pastre D, et al. Nanoscale Analysis Reveals the Maturation of Neurodegeneration-Associated Protein Aggregates: Grown in mRNA Granules then Released by Stress Granule Proteins. ACS Nano. 2017;11:7189-7200 pubmed publisher..Altogether, the results indicate that age-related successive assembly/disassembly of stress granules in neurons, regulated by mRNA-binding proteins such as YB-1 and G3BP1, could be a source of protein aggregation. ..
- Furukawa M, Sakamoto H, Inoue K. Interaction and colocalization of HERMES/RBPMS with NonO, PSF, and G3BP1 in neuronal cytoplasmic RNP granules in mouse retinal line cells. Genes Cells. 2015;20:257-66 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study strongly suggests that the cytoplasmic granule containing HERMES, NonO, PSF, and G3BP1 is a neuronal RNA-protein granule that is transported in neurites during retinal differentiation. ..
- Nikolic J, Civas A, Lama Z, Lagaudrière Gesbert C, Blondel D. Rabies Virus Infection Induces the Formation of Stress Granules Closely Connected to the Viral Factories. PLoS Pathog. 2016;12:e1005942 pubmed publisher..This is correlated with a drastic inhibition of IFN-B gene expression indicating that SGs likely mediate an antiviral response which is however not sufficient to fully counteract RABV infection. ..
- Mensch A, Meinhardt B, Bley N, Huttelmaier S, Schneider I, Stoltenburg Didinger G, et al. The p.S85C-mutation in MATR3 impairs stress granule formation in Matrin-3 myopathy. Exp Neurol. 2018;: pubmed publisher..In summary, p.S85C mutation in matrin-3 affects the response to cellular stress by impairing stress granule formation and dynamics. This might contribute to cellular damage and progression of dystrophy in muscle of Matrin-3 myopathy. ..
- Visser L, Medina G, Rabouw H, de Groot R, Langereis M, de Los Santos T, et al. Foot-and-Mouth Disease Virus Leader Protease Cleaves G3BP1 and G3BP2 and Inhibits Stress Granule Formation. J Virol. 2019;93: pubmed publisher..Understanding the molecular mechanisms of the antiviral host response evasion strategies of FMDV may help to develop countermeasures to control FMDV infections in the future. ..
- Qiu Y, Yang C, Lee Y, Yang R, Lee C, Hsu H, et al. Targeting a ribonucleoprotein complex containing the caprin-1 protein and the c-Myc mRNA suppresses tumor growth in mice: an identification of a novel oncotarget. Oncotarget. 2015;6:2148-63 pubmed..Thus, tylophorine compounds exert anti-cancer activity predominantly by targeting and sequestering the caprin-1 protein and c-Myc mRNA associated ribonucleoprotein complex. ..
- Reineke L, Kedersha N, Langereis M, van Kuppeveld F, Lloyd R. Stress granules regulate double-stranded RNA-dependent protein kinase activation through a complex containing G3BP1 and Caprin1. MBio. 2015;6:e02486 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this mechanism bridges the stress response with innate immunity, allowing the cell to respond to many cellular stressors and amplify the pathogen pattern recognition systems of innate immunity. ..
- Nielsen C, Ã˜stergaard O, Rekvig O, Sturfelt G, Jacobsen S, Heegaard N. Galectin-3 binding protein links circulating microparticles with electron dense glomerular deposits in lupus nephritis. Lupus. 2015;24:1150-60 pubmed publisherA high level of galectin-3-binding protein (G3BP) appears to distinguish circulating cell-derived microparticles in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- Liu Z, Cai H, Xue W, Wang M, Xia T, Li W, et al. G3BP1 promotes DNA binding and activation of cGAS. Nat Immunol. 2019;20:18-28 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study reveals that G3BP1 physically interacts with and primes cGAS for efficient activation. Furthermore, EGCG-mediated inhibition of G3BP1 provides a potential treatment for cGAS-related autoimmune diseases. ..
- Sivan G, Glushakow Smith S, Katsafanas G, Americo J, Moss B. Human Host Range Restriction of the Vaccinia Virus C7/K1 Double Deletion Mutant Is Mediated by an Atypical Mode of Translation Inhibition. J Virol. 2018;92: pubmed publisher..RNA granules were still detected in G3BP KO U2OS cells, which remained nonpermissive for the C7/K1 deletion mutant...
- Tsai K, Chong C, Chou Y, Huang C, Wang Y, Wang S, et al. Doubly Spliced RNA of Hepatitis B Virus Suppresses Viral Transcription via TATA-Binding Protein and Induces Stress Granule Assembly. J Virol. 2015;89:11406-19 pubmed publisher..2DS-RNA colocalized with cytoplasmic TBP and the stress granule components, G3BP and poly(A)-binding protein 1 (PABP1), in Huh7 cells. In conclusion, our study reveals that 2...
- Romero M, Mobley C, Linden M, Meers G, Martin J, Young K, et al. Endurance training lowers ribosome density despite increasing ribosome biogenesis markers in rodent skeletal muscle. BMC Res Notes. 2017;10:399 pubmed publisher..However, endurance training may reduce muscle ribosome density by interfering with rRNA processing and/or export through mechanisms independent of ribophagy or rRNA degradation. ..
- Silva J, Rodrigues S, Sampaio Marques B, Gomes P, Neves Carvalho A, Dioli C, et al. Dysregulation of autophagy and stress granule-related proteins in stress-driven Tau pathology. Cell Death Differ. 2018;: pubmed publisher..These studies provide novel insights into the RNA-protein intracellular signaling regulating the precipitating role of environmental stress and GC on Tau-driven brain pathology. ..
- Scholte F, Tas A, Albulescu I, Zusinaite E, Merits A, Snijder E, et al. Stress granule components G3BP1 and G3BP2 play a proviral role early in Chikungunya virus replication. J Virol. 2015;89:4457-69 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, we found that G3BP1 and G3BP2 were also needed for efficient CHIKV replication, likely by facilitating the switch from translation to genome amplification early in infection. ..
- Glass L, Wente S. Gle1 mediates stress granule-dependent survival during chemotoxic stress. Adv Biol Regul. 2019;71:156-171 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of the SG-component G3BP also enabled the response...
- Palicharla V, Maddika S. HACE1 mediated K27 ubiquitin linkage leads to YB-1 protein secretion. Cell Signal. 2015;27:2355-62 pubmed publisher..In summary, we identified a novel functional role for non-canonical ubiquitin linkages in mediating protein secretion. ..
- Hou S, Kumar A, Xu Z, Airo A, Stryapunina I, Wong C, et al. Zika Virus Hijacks Stress Granule Proteins and Modulates the Host Stress Response. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Taken together, the present study provides novel insights into how ZIKV modulates cellular stress response pathways during replication. ..
- Sahoo P, Lee S, Jaiswal P, Alber S, Kar A, Miller Randolph S, et al. Axonal G3BP1 stress granule protein limits axonal mRNA translation and nerve regeneration. Nat Commun. 2018;9:3358 pubmed publisher..Colocalization of G3BP1 with axonal mRNAs is also correlated with the growth state of the neuron. Disrupting G3BP functions by overexpressing a dominant-negative protein activates intra-axonal mRNA translation, increases axon ..
- Hofmann I, Casella M, Schnolzer M, Schlechter T, Spring H, Franke W. Identification of the junctional plaque protein plakophilin 3 in cytoplasmic particles containing RNA-binding proteins and the recruitment of plakophilins 1 and 3 to stress granules. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:1388-98 pubmed..proteins: Poly (A) binding protein (PABPC1), fragile-X-related protein (FXR1), and ras-GAP-SH3-binding protein (G3BP)...
- Vognsen T, Möller I, Kristensen O. Purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction of the G3BP1 NTF2-like domain. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2011;67:48-50 pubmed publisher..84, c=70.02?Å. The crystals contained one molecule per asymmetric unit, with an estimated solvent content of 56%. Initial phases were obtained by molecular replacement. ..
- Kim T, Kang Y, Park Z, Kim Y, Hong S, Oh S, et al. SH3RF2 functions as an oncogene by mediating PAK4 protein stability. Carcinogenesis. 2014;35:624-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that SH3RF2 is an oncogene that may be a definitive regulator of PAK4. Therefore, SH3RF2 may represent an effective therapeutic target for cancer treatment. ..
- Martin S, Bellora N, González Vallinas J, Irimia M, Chebli K, de Toledo M, et al. Preferential binding of a stable G3BP ribonucleoprotein complex to intron-retaining transcripts in mouse brain and modulation of their expression in the cerebellum. J Neurochem. 2016;139:349-368 pubmed publisher..The G3BP-complex contained the deubiquitinating protease USP10, CtBP1 and the RNA-binding proteins Caprin-1, G3BP2a and ..
- Oi N, Yuan J, Malakhova M, Luo K, Ryu J, Zhang L, et al. Resveratrol induces apoptosis by directly targeting Ras-GTPase-activating protein SH3 domain-binding protein 1. Oncogene. 2015;34:2660-71 pubmed publisher..These findings disclose a novel mechanism of resveratrol-induced p53 activation and resveratrol-induced apoptosis by direct targeting of G3BP1. ..
- DÃ¸ssing K, Binderup T, Kaczkowski B, Jacobsen A, Rossing M, Winther O, et al. Down-Regulation of miR-129-5p and the let-7 Family in Neuroendocrine Tumors and Metastases Leads to Up-Regulation of Their Targets Egr1, G3bp1, Hmga2 and Bach1. Genes (Basel). 2014;6:1-21 pubmed publisher..We found down-regulation of miR-129-5p and the let-7 family, and identified new neuroendocrine specific targets for these miRNAs, which contributes to the growth and metastatic potential of these tumors. ..
- Burgess H, Mohr I. Defining the Role of Stress Granules in Innate Immune Suppression by the Herpes Simplex Virus 1 Endoribonuclease VHS. J Virol. 2018;92: pubmed publisher..We show that dsRNA is localized to SGs and that SGs can function to promote PKR activation in the context of a DNA virus infection, but we find no evidence to support their importance for interferon induction during HSV-1 infection. ..
- Frolov I, Kim D, Akhrymuk M, Mobley J, Frolova E. Hypervariable Domain of Eastern Equine Encephalitis Virus nsP3 Redundantly Utilizes Multiple Cellular Proteins for Replication Complex Assembly. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..The most abundantly represented HVD-binding proteins are the FXR and G3BP family members...
- Ye X, Pan T, Wang D, Fang L, Ma J, Zhu X, et al. Foot-and-Mouth Disease Virus Counteracts on Internal Ribosome Entry Site Suppression by G3BP1 and Inhibits G3BP1-Mediated Stress Granule Assembly via Post-Translational Mechanisms. Front Immunol. 2018;9:1142 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, several FMDV IRES-transacting factors, including G3BP stress granule assembly factor 1 (G3BP1), were dephosphorylated during FMDV infection...
- Costa M, Ochem A, Staub A, Falaschi A. Human DNA helicase VIII: a DNA and RNA helicase corresponding to the G3BP protein, an element of the ras transduction pathway. Nucleic Acids Res. 1999;27:817-21 pubmedHuman DNA helicase VIII (HDH VIII) was isolated in the course of a systematic study of the DNA unwinding enzymes present in human cells...
- Vadie N, Saayman S, Lenox A, Ackley A, Clemson M, Burdach J, et al. MYCNOS functions as an antisense RNA regulating MYCN. RNA Biol. 2015;12:893-9 pubmed publisher..The observations presented here demonstrate that protein-coding transcripts can regulate gene transcription and can tether regulatory proteins to target loci. ..
- Liu J, Zhang H, Wei Y, Wu C, Cao Y, Wang M. [Expression of Ras-GTPase-activating protein SH 3 domain binding protein and osteopontin in esophageal squamous carcinoma and their effects on prognosis]. Zhonghua Wei Chang Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2007;10:73-6 pubmedTo investigate the expressions and significances of Ras-GTPase-activating protein SH 3 domain binding protein(G3BP) and osteopontin (OPN) proteins in esophageal squamous carcinoma (ESC)...
- Meshram C, Agback P, Shiliaev N, Urakova N, Mobley J, Agback T, et al. Multiple Host Factors Interact with the Hypervariable Domain of Chikungunya Virus nsP3 and Determine Viral Replication in Cell-Specific Mode. J Virol. 2018;92: pubmed publisher..These host factors include two members of the G3BP family and their mosquito homolog Rin, two members of the NAP1 family, and several SH3 domain-containing proteins...
- Hashimoto S, Yamamoto S, Ogasawara N, Sato T, Yamamoto K, Katoh H, et al. Mumps Virus Induces Protein-Kinase-R-Dependent Stress Granules, Partly Suppressing Type III Interferon Production. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0161793 pubmed publisher..Our results provide insight into the relationship between SGs and IFN production induced by MuV infection. ..
- Kwok H, Poon P, Mak K, Zhang L, Liu P, Zhang H, et al. Role of G3BP1 in glucocorticoid receptor-mediated microRNA-15b and microRNA-23a biogenesis in endothelial cells. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2017;74:3613-3630 pubmed publisher..The findings from this study have advanced our understanding of the non-genomic effects of GR in the vascular system. ..
- Bley N, Lederer M, Pfalz B, Reinke C, Fuchs T, GlaÃŸ M, et al. Stress granules are dispensable for mRNA stabilization during cellular stress. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:e26 pubmed publisher..Importantly, however, the aggregation of mRNPs to visible SGs is dispensable for preventing mRNA degradation. ..
- Li M, Zhang J. CsTNF1, a teleost tumor necrosis factor that promotes antibacterial and antiviral immune defense in a manner that depends on the conserved receptor binding site. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;55:65-75 pubmed publisher..rCsTNF1, but not with rCsTNF1M1 and rCsTNF1M2, exhibited enhanced expression of IL-1, IL-6, IL-8, IL-27, TLR9 and G3BP in a time-dependent manner and augmented resistance against bacterial and viral infection...
- Nielsen C, Rasmussen N, Heegaard N, Jacobsen S. "Kill" the messenger: Targeting of cell-derived microparticles in lupus nephritis. Autoimmun Rev. 2016;15:719-25 pubmed publisher..The overabundance of galectin-3-binding protein (G3BP) along with immunoglobulins and a few other proteins specifically distinguish circulating MPs in patients with ..
- Moujaber O, Mahboubi H, Kodiha M, Bouttier M, Bednarz K, Bakshi R, et al. Dissecting the molecular mechanisms that impair stress granule formation in aging cells. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Res. 2017;1864:475-486 pubmed publisher..Based on our work, we propose that the decline in SG formation can provide a new biomarker to evaluate cellular aging. ..
- Sun Y, Dong L, Yu S, Wang X, Zheng H, Zhang P, et al. Newcastle disease virus induces stable formation of bona fide stress granules to facilitate viral replication through manipulating host protein translation. FASEB J. 2017;31:1337-1353 pubmed publisher..SGs contained classic SG markers T-cell internal antigen (TIA)-1, Ras GTPase-activating protein-binding protein (G3BP)-1, eukaryotic initiation factors, and small ribosomal subunit, which could be disassembled in the presence of ..
- Zhou Y, Fang L, Wang D, Cai K, Chen H, Xiao S. Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome Virus Infection Induces Stress Granule Formation Depending on Protein Kinase R-like Endoplasmic Reticulum Kinase (PERK) in MARC-145 Cells. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2017;7:111 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that PRRSV induces SG formation via a PERK-dependent pathway and that SGs are involved in the signaling pathway of the PRRSV-induced inflammatory response in MARC-145 cells. ..
- Zhao B, Li H, Liu J, Han P, Zhang C, Bai H, et al. MicroRNA-23b Targets Ras GTPase-Activating Protein SH3 Domain-Binding Protein 2 to Alleviate Fibrosis and Albuminuria in Diabetic Nephropathy. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016;27:2597-608 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results reveal a role for miR-23b in DN and indicate a novel potential therapeutic target. ..
- Kim D, Reynaud J, Rasalouskaya A, Akhrymuk I, Mobley J, Frolov I, et al. New World and Old World Alphaviruses Have Evolved to Exploit Different Components of Stress Granules, FXR and G3BP Proteins, for Assembly of Viral Replication Complexes. PLoS Pathog. 2016;12:e1005810 pubmed publisher..members of the Fragile X syndrome (FXR) family, while chikungunya and Sindbis viruses exploit both members of the G3BP family...
- Choudhury P, Bussiere L, Miller C. Mammalian Orthoreovirus Factories Modulate Stress Granule Protein Localization by Interaction with G3BP1. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Our findings also reveal the importance of G3BP1 as an inhibitor of MRV replication during infection for the first time. ..
- Mao C, Wang X, Liu Y, Wang M, Yan B, Jiang Y, et al. A G3BP1-Interacting lncRNA Promotes Ferroptosis and Apoptosis in Cancer via Nuclear Sequestration of p53. Cancer Res. 2018;78:3484-3496 pubmed publisher..b>Significance: A cytosolic lncRNA functions as a tumor suppressor by activating the p53 pathway. Cancer Res; 78(13); 3484-96. ©2018 AACR. ..
- Brown J, Roberts T, Richards R, Woods R, Birrell G, Lim Y, et al. A novel role for hSMG-1 in stress granule formation. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:4417-29 pubmed publisher..Thus, SG formation appears more complex than originally envisaged and hSMG-1 plays a central role in this process...
- Theurillat J, Udeshi N, Errington W, Svinkina T, Baca S, Pop M, et al. Prostate cancer. Ubiquitylome analysis identifies dysregulation of effector substrates in SPOP-mutant prostate cancer. Science. 2014;346:85-89 pubmed publisher..DEK stabilization promoted prostate epithelial cell invasion, which implicated DEK as an oncogenic effector. More generally, these results provide a framework to decipher tumorigenic mechanisms linked to dysregulated ubiquitylation. ..
- Xu F, Li X, Zhang P, Xia J, Wang Y, Yang C, et al. Melanoma differentiation-associated gene 5 is involved in the induction of stress granules and autophagy by protonophore CCCP. Biol Chem. 2016;397:67-74 pubmed publisher..This study uncovered an unexpected role of the innate immune protein MDA5 in SG formation and autophagy triggered by the protonophore CCCP, further supporting a correlation between different stress responses. ..
- Kristensen O. Crystal structure of the G3BP2 NTF2-like domain in complex with aÂ canonical FGDF motif peptide. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;467:53-7 pubmed publisherThe crystal structure of the NTF2-like domain of the human Ras GTPase SH3 Binding Protein (G3BP), isoform 2, was determined at a resolution of 2.75Â Ã… in complex with a peptide containing a FGDF sequence motif...
- Panas M, Varjak M, Lulla A, Eng K, Merits A, Karlsson Hedestam G, et al. Sequestration of G3BP coupled with efficient translation inhibits stress granules in Semliki Forest virus infection. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:4701-12 pubmed publisher..domain of the viral nonstructural protein 3 (nsP3) forms a complex with Ras-GAP SH3-domain-binding protein (G3BP) and sequesters it into viral RNA replication complexes in a manner that inhibits the formation of SGs on viral ..
- Chien A, Cockerill A, Fancourt C, Schmidt E, Moasser M, Rugo H, et al. A phase 1b study of the Akt-inhibitor MK-2206 in combination with weekly paclitaxel and trastuzumab in patients with advanced HER2-amplified solid tumor malignancies. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2016;155:521-30 pubmed publisher..Preliminary data indicate significant clinical activity in patients with HER2+ tumors despite prior HER2-directed therapy. ..
- Gal J, Kuang L, Barnett K, Zhu B, Shissler S, Korotkov K, et al. ALS mutant SOD1 interacts with G3BP1 and affects stress granule dynamics. Acta Neuropathol. 2016;132:563-76 pubmed publisher..In summary, the aberrant mutant SOD1-G3BP1 interaction affects stress granule dynamics, suggesting a potential link between pathogenic SOD1 mutations and RNA metabolism alterations in ALS. ..
- Dou N, Chen J, Yu S, Gao Y, Li Y. G3BP1 contributes to tumor metastasis via upregulation of Slug expression in hepatocellular carcinoma. Am J Cancer Res. 2016;6:2641-2650 pubmed..Together, our data establish G3BP1 as an oncogenic factor involved in the metastasis of HCC and suggest that G3BP1 might serve as a novel predictor for patients' outcome. ..
- Zhang H, Zhang S, He H, Zhang C, Yu D, Shao R. Downregulation of G3BPs inhibits the growth, migration and invasion of human lung carcinoma H1299 cells by suppressing the Src/FAK-associated signaling pathway. Cancer Gene Ther. 2013;20:622-9 pubmed publisherb>G3BP is a RasGAP binding protein that is overexpressed in many human cancers. We previously reported that downregulation of G3BP suppressed cell growth and induced apoptosis in HCT116 cells...
- Fischer KeÅ¡o R, Breuninger S, Hofmann S, Henn M, RÃ¶hrig T, StrÃ¶bel P, et al. Plakophilins 1 and 3 bind to FXR1 and thereby influence the mRNA stability of desmosomal proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:4244-56 pubmed publisher..We found that cytoplasmic PKP1/3 coprecipitated with the RNA-binding proteins FXR1, G3BP, PABPC1, and UPF1, and these PKP1/3 complexes also comprised desmoplakin and PKP2 mRNAs...
- Panas M, Schulte T, Thaa B, Sandalova T, Kedersha N, Achour A, et al. Viral and cellular proteins containing FGDF motifs bind G3BP to block stress granule formation. PLoS Pathog. 2015;11:e1004659 pubmed publisherThe Ras-GAP SH3 domain-binding proteins (G3BP) are essential regulators of the formation of stress granules (SG), cytosolic aggregates of proteins and RNA that are induced upon cellular stress, such as virus infection...
- Schulte T, Liu L, Panas M, Thaa B, Dickson N, Götte B, et al. Combined structural, biochemical and cellular evidence demonstrates that both FGDF motifs in alphavirus nsP3 are required for efficient replication. Open Biol. 2016;6: pubmed publisher..This disruption mechanism was largely explained through nsP3-mediated recruitment of the host G3BP protein via two tandem FGDF motifs. Here, we present the 1...
- Su C, Gao X, Yang W, Zhao Y, Fu X, Cui X, et al. Phosphorylation of Tudor-SN, a novel substrate of JNK, is involved in the efficient recruitment of Tudor-SN into stress granules. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Res. 2017;1864:562-571 pubmed publisher..In addition, the T103A mutation could affect the physical binding of Tudor-SN with the G3BP (Ras-GAP SH3 domain-binding protein) protein but not with the HuR (Hu antigen R) protein and AGTR1-3'UTR (3'-..
- Tsai W, Reineke L, Jain A, Jung S, Lloyd R. Histone arginine demethylase JMJD6 is linked to stress granule assembly through demethylation of the stress granule-nucleating protein G3BP1. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:18886-18896 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that JMJD6 functions directly or indirectly as an arginine demethylase of G3BP1 that promotes SG formation. ..
- Borth N, Litsche K, Franke C, Sachse K, Saluz H, HÃ¤nel F. Functional interaction between type III-secreted protein IncA of Chlamydophila psittaci and human G3BP1. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16692 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that lowering the host cell c-Myc protein concentration may be part of a strategy employed by Cp. psittaci to avoid apoptosis and scale down host cell proliferation. ..
- Yang C, Strobel P, Marx A, Hofmann I. Plakophilin-associated RNA-binding proteins in prostate cancer and their implications in tumor progression and metastasis. Virchows Arch. 2013;463:379-90 pubmed publisher..The RNA-binding proteins (RBPs) GAP-SH3-binding protein (G3BP), fragile-X-related protein 1 (FXR1), poly(A)-binding protein, cytoplasmic 1 (PABPC1), and up-frameshift factor 1 (..
- Reineke L, Tsai W, Jain A, Kaelber J, Jung S, Lloyd R. Casein Kinase 2 Is Linked to Stress Granule Dynamics through Phosphorylation of the Stress Granule Nucleating Protein G3BP1. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..We also show that casein kinase 2 phosphorylates G3BP1 at serine 149 in vitro and in cells. These data support a role for casein kinase 2 in regulation of protein synthesis by downregulating stress granule formation through G3BP1. ..
- Soto Rifo R, Valiente Echeverría F, Rubilar P, García de Gracia F, Ricci E, Limousin T, et al. HIV-2 genomic RNA accumulates in stress granules in the absence of active translation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:12861-75 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the HIV-2 gRNA is compartmentalized in stress granules in the absence of active translation prior to being selected for packaging by the Gag polyprotein. ..
- Tsai W, Gayatri S, Reineke L, Sbardella G, Bedford M, Lloyd R. Arginine Demethylation of G3BP1 Promotes Stress Granule Assembly. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:22671-22685 pubmed..These data indicate that arginine methylation in the RGG domain prevents large SG assembly and rapid demethylation is a novel signal that regulates SG formation. ..