Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FTH1
Description: ferritin, heavy polypeptide 1
Alias: FHC, FTH, FTHL6, HFE5, PIG15, PLIF, apoferritin, cell proliferation-inducing gene 15 protein, ferritin H subunit, ferritin heavy chain, placenta immunoregulatory factor, proliferation-inducing protein 15
Publications174 found, 100 shown here
- A study of genes that may modulate the expression of hereditary hemochromatosis: transferrin receptor-1, ferroportin, ceruloplasmin, ferritin light and heavy chains, iron regulatory proteins (IRP)-1 and -2, and hepcidinP L Lee
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 27:783-802. 2001..These were further examined for association with differences in iron accumulation as measured by plasma transferrin saturation and ferritin levels, but no such association could be documented...
- Epidural abscess and discitis complicating instrumented posterior lumbar interbody fusion: a case reportJonathan J Carmouche
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Spine Division, Rochester, New York, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 29:E542-6. 2004A case of epidural abscess and discitis following instrumented PLIF using a single carbon fiber interbody cage is presented.
- Dose-dependent inhibition of diclofenac sodium on posterior lumbar interbody fusion ratesJose Miguel T Lumawig
Department of Orthopedics, Philippine General Hospital, Taft Avenue, Manila, Philippines
Spine J 9:343-9. 2009..It is very popular as a first-line treatment for acute pain, even perioperatively for spine fusion patients. Review of published literature reveals no studies done on the effect of diclofenac sodium on spine fusion rates...
- Segmental stability and compressive strength of posterior lumbar interbody fusion implantsA Tsantrizos
Orthopaedic Research Laboratory, Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:1899-907. 2000..Three posterior lumbar interbody fusion implant constructs (Ray Threaded Fusion Cage, Contact Fusion Cage, and PLIF Allograft Spacer) were tested nondestructively in axial rotation, flexion-extension, and lateral bending...
- Induction of ferritin synthesis in cells infected with Mengo virusM R Mulvey
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Biol Chem 271:9851-7. 1996..from infected murine L929 cells showed a 4- and 6-fold increase in the intracellular concentrations of H and L apoferritin subunits, respectively. This differential expression altered the H/L subunit ratio from 3...
- Mutations in SLC29A3, encoding an equilibrative nucleoside transporter ENT3, cause a familial histiocytosis syndrome (Faisalabad histiocytosis) and familial Rosai-Dorfman diseaseNeil V Morgan
Wellchild Paediatric Research Centre and Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, University of Birmingham College of Medical and Dental Sciences, Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom
PLoS Genet 6:e1000833. 2010..In most cases the pathophysiology is unclear and treatment is nonspecific. Faisalabad histiocytosis (FHC) (MIM 602782) has been classed as an autosomal recessively inherited form of histiocytosis with similarities to ..
- Effects of ascorbic acid, phytic acid and tannic acid on iron bioavailability from reconstituted ferritin measured by an in vitro digestion-Caco-2 cell modelFuxia Jin
USDA ARS, The Robert W Holley Center for Health and Agriculture, Tower Road, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Br J Nutr 101:972-81. 2009..Horse spleen apoferritin was chemically reconstituted into an animal-type ferritin (HSF) and a plant-type ferritin (P-HSF) according to ..
- Outcome of clinical versus genetic family screening in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with focus on cardiac beta-myosin gene mutationsOle Havndrup
Department of Medicine B, The Heart Centre, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, Blegdamsvej 9, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Cardiovasc Res 57:347-57. 2003Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) is caused by mutations in genes encoding cardiac sarcomere proteins. Although available, genetic analyses are generally not used clinically...
- Diastolic dysfunction in familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy transgenic model miceTheodore P Abraham
Division of Cardiology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Cardiovasc Res 82:84-92. 2009..the ventricular myosin regulatory light chain (RLC) were identified to cause familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC)...
- [Adjacent segment degeneration after lumbosacral fusion in spondylolisthesis: a retrospective radiological and clinical analysis]P Zencica
Ortopedická klinika FN Brno Bohunice
Acta Chir Orthop Traumatol Cech 77:124-30. 2010Whereas the posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) technique with pedicle screw fixation has shown satisfactory clinical results, solid fusion has been reported to accelerate degenerative changes at adjacent unfused levels, especially ..
- Risk factors for adjacent segment degeneration after PLIFShin ya Okuda
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Osaka Rosai Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 29:1535-40. 2004A retrospective study of 87 patients who underwent posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) at L4-L5 for L4 degenerative spondylolisthesis.
- QT dispersion in alpha-myosin heavy-chain familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy miceL M Bevilacqua
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Pediatr Res 45:643-7. 1999Patients with familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) are at risk for ventricular arrhythmias and sudden death...
- A novel missense mutation, Leu390Val, in the cardiac beta-myosin heavy chain associated with pronounced septal hypertrophy in two families with hypertrophic cardiomyopathyO Havndrup
Department of Medicine B, The Heart Center, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Scand Cardiovasc J 34:558-63. 2000An examination of the genetic background and phenotypic presentation of familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) with respect to specific mutations in the MYH7-gene encoding the cardiac beta-myosin heavy chain.
- Posterior lumbar interbody fusion with facet-screw fixationT Stonecipher
Everett Clinic, Everett, WA 98201
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 14:468-71. 1989The optimal surgical construct for lumbar fusion remains controversial. The posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) operation offers advantages including total nuclear disc excision, restoration of disc-space height, root decompression, ..
- Sex life and sexual function in men and women before and after total disc replacement compared with posterior lumbar fusionSvante Berg
Stockholm Spine Center, Löwenströmska Hospital, SE 19489, Upplands Vasby, Stockholm, Sweden
Spine J 9:987-94. 2009..This has led to concern as to whether anterior surgery should be employed in men, at least in younger age groups...
- Characterization of feline serum ferritin-binding proteins: the presence of a novel ferritin-binding protein as an inhibitory factor in feline ferritin immunoassayHirofumi Sakamoto
Laboratory of Veterinary Biochemistry, Kitasato University, Aomori, Japan
Biometals 22:793-802. 2009..found that feline serum more strongly inhibits the detection of canine liver ferritin by immunoassay than its apoferritin; putative FBPs probably conceal ferritin epitopes detected by anti-ferritin antibodies...
- Volatile anesthetic binding to proteins is influenced by solvent and aliphatic residuesJohn H Streiff
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 901 19th Street South, Birmingham, AL 35294 1150, USA
J Chem Inf Model 48:2066-73. 2008..that exceeded minimum values observed in the VA binding sites of serum albumin, firefly luciferase, and apoferritin. We found that the structures of VA binding proteins are enriched in these pockets and that the predicted ..
- Ferritin induction protects cortical astrocytes from heme-mediated oxidative injuryR F Regan
Department of Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University, 1020 Sansom Street, 239 Thompson Building, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Neuroscience 113:985-94. 2002..An enhanced ferritin band was detected on immunoblots from cultures that were treated with purified apoferritin, consistent with astrocytic ferritin uptake...
- Human homozygous R403W mutant cardiac myosin presents disproportionate enhancement of mechanical and enzymatic propertiesDagmar I Keller
INSERM U582, Institut de Myologie, , , 47, , 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
J Mol Cell Cardiol 36:355-62. 2004Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) is associated with mutations in 11 genes encoding sarcomeric proteins. Most families present mutations in MYBPC3 and MYH7 encoding cardiac myosin-binding protein C and beta-myosin heavy chain...
- Two pathways of iron uptake in bovine spleen apoferritin dependent on iron concentrationKoichi Orino
Laboratory of Biochemistry, School of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Sciences, Kitasato University, Towada, Aomori, Japan
Biometals 15:59-63. 2002Iron incorporation by bovine spleen apoferritin either with ferrous ammonium sulfate in different buffers or with ferrous ammonium sulfate and phosphate was studied. Iron uptake and iron autoxidation were recorded spectrophotomerically...
- Posterior lumbar interbody fusion using posterolateral placement of a single cylindrical threaded cageJ Zhao
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Changhai Hospital, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:425-30. 2000STUDY DESIGN: An in vitro biomechanical study of posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) with threaded cages was performed on 18 bovine lumbar functional spinal units...
- Functional effects of the hypertrophic cardiomyopathy R403Q mutation are different in an alpha- or beta-myosin heavy chain backboneSusan Lowey
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Biol Chem 283:20579-89. 2008..in the beta-myosin heavy chain (MHC) was the first mutation to be linked to familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC), a primary disease of heart muscle...
- Social protection in Brazil: universalism and targeting in the FHC and Lula administrationsNilson do Rosário Costa
Departamento de Ciências Sociais, Escola Nacional de Saude Publica, FIOCRUZ, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, 21045 210, Brazil
Cien Saude Colet 14:693-706. 2009..Targeting is an innovation directly associated with the adjustment agenda. It reveals that under the FHC and Lula administrations there was an identical adoption of targeted social programs...
- Fluorescence lifetime of actin in the familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy transgenic heartP Mettikolla
Department of Molecular Biology and Immunology and Center for Commercialization of Fluorescence Technologies, University of North Texas, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, Texas 76107, USA
Biochemistry 48:1264-71. 2009..myosin regulatory light chain (RLC) can cause a malignant phenotype of familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC)...
- Scavenger receptors facilitate protein transport in the trophotaenial placenta of the goodeid fish, Ameca splendens (Teleostei: Atheriniformes)Joachim F Schindler
Institut fur Anatomie, Universitat Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
J Exp Zool A Comp Exp Biol 299:197-212. 2003..Binding to TACs of NF was completely inhibitable by proteins containing multiple lysine residues such as apoferritin, bovine serum albumin (BSA), human transferrin (HTf), fetuin, hemoglobin, myoglobin, cytochrome c, ubiquitin, ..
- Comparative architecture of silks, fibrous proteins and their encoding genes in insects and spidersCatherine L Craig
Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 133:493-507. 2002..All of the sequenced fibroin silks (Flag or silk from flagelliform gland in spiders; Fhc or heavy chain fibroin silks produced by Lepidoptera larvae) are made up of hierarchically organized, repetitive ..
- Comparative study of PILF and TLIF treatment in adult degenerative spondylolisthesisDeng Lu Yan
Orthopedic Department, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, 610041, Chengdu, Sichuan, Peoples Republic of China
Eur Spine J 17:1311-6. 2008This study is to compare the therapeutic effect of posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) and transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF) with pedicle screw fixation on treatment in adult degenerative spondylolisthesis...
- Cage migration in spondylolisthesis treated with posterior lumbar interbody fusion using BAK cagesLiang Chen
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital of Suzhou University, Suzhou, PRC
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 30:2171-5. 2005A retrospective study was conducted to review the complication of cage migration in posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) with the Bagby and Kuslich method.
- Residual sagittal motion after lumbar fusion: a finite element analysis with implications on radiographic flexion-extension criteriaChristopher M Bono
Boston University School of Medicine, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Boston, MA, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:417-22. 2007..Finite element analysis of a lumbar fusion model...
- Low-grade isthmic spondylolisthesis treated with instrumented posterior lumbar interbody fusion in U.S. servicemenRobert W Molinari
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Rochester Spine Center, Rochester, New York, USA
J Spinal Disord Tech 18:S24-9. 2005..The purpose was to evaluate patient-assessed function/pain/satisfaction and military job performance in U.S. servicemen treated with posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF).
- Downregulation of ferritin heavy chain increases labile iron pool, oxidative stress and cell death in cardiomyocytesShigemiki Omiya
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Mol Cell Cardiol 46:59-66. 2009b>Ferritin heavy chain (FHC) protein was significantly reduced in murine failing hearts following left coronary ligation or thoracic transverse aortic constriction...
- PLIF with a titanium cage and excised facet joint bone for degenerative spondylolisthesis--in augmentation with a pedicle screwKoichiro Okuyama
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Akita Rosai Hospital, Akita 018 5604, Japan
J Spinal Disord Tech 20:53-9. 2007To determine the validity of posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) using a titanium cage filled with excised facet joint bone and a pedicle screw for degenerative spondylolisthesis.
- [Clinical classification and surgical options of the far-lateral lumbar disc herniation]Fang Li
Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedics, General Hospital of Beijing Military Command, Beijing 100700, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 47:1553-6. 2009..To suggest the clinical classification of the far-lateral lumbar disc herniation and offer the considerations for clinical choice of different surgical procedures...
- Differential effect of troponin T mutations on the inotropic responsiveness of mouse hearts--role of myofilament Ca2+ sensitivity increaseSyevda G Sirenko
Department of Pharmacology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
J Physiol 575:201-13. 2006Troponin T (TnT) mutations that cause familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) and sudden cardiac death frequently increase myofilament Ca2+ sensitivity, suggesting that their Ca2+-sensitizing effect contributes importantly to the FHC ..
- Treatment of human bone marrow with recombinant placenta immunoregulator ferritin results in myelopoiesis and T-cell suppression through modulation of the cytokine-chemokine networksChaya Moroz
Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Petach Tikva, Israel
Exp Hematol 34:159-66. 2006Placenta immunomodulator ferritin (PLIF) is a cloned human chimeric ferritin H chain with a novel non-ferritin C-terminal 48 amino acid sequence (C48). Recombinant PLIF-C48 exhibited cell-mediated immunosuppression...
- Posterior lumbar interbody fusion for degenerative spondylolisthesis: restoration of sagittal balance using insert-and-rotate interbody spacersWilliam Sears
Department of Neurosurgery, Royal North Shore Hospital, Pacific Highway, St Leonards, NSW 2065, Australia
Spine J 5:170-9. 2005..The insert-and-rotate posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) technique, first described by Jaslow in 1946, may enable surgeons to safely and effectively correct sagittal ..
- A mutant tropomyosin that causes hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is expressed in vivo and associated with an increased calcium sensitivityR Bottinelli
Institute of Human Physiology, University of Pavia, Italy
Circ Res 82:106-15. 1998Mutant contractile protein genes that cause familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) are presumed to encode mutant proteins that interfere with contractile function...
- En bloc partial laminectomy and posterior lumbar interbody fusion in foraminal spinal stenosisEung Ha Kim
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Soonchunhyang University College of Medicine, Bucheon, Korea
Asian Spine J 3:66-72. 2009..A retrospective study...
- Lumbar trapezoid plate for lumbar spondylolisthesis. A clinical study on preoperative and postoperative instabilityY Kamioka
Orthopedic Department, Sanraku Hospital, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 15:1198-203. 1990..For this purpose, it is considered important to prevent grafted bones of the posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) from collapse and to maintain the achieved alignment of the lumbar spine.
- Posterior lumbar interbody fusion versus posterolateral fusion in adult isthmic spondylolisthesisPer Ekman
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:2178-83. 2007..A prospective study with historical controls...
- Radiological comparison of instrumented posterior lumbar interbody fusion with one or two closed-box plasmapore coated titanium cages: follow-up study over more than seven yearsStefan Kroppenstedt
Universitätsklinikum Charité Campus Virchow Klinikum, Augustenburger Platz, Berlin, Germany
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:2083-8. 2008..A retrospective clinical study with a follow-up of more than 7 years was conducted...
- [Corticosteroid therapy and secondary elevated intraocular pressure in patients with Fuchs heterochromic cyclitis and idiopathic chronic anterior uveitis]C Heinz
Augenabteilung, St Franziskus Hospital, Munster, Germany
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 227:413-7. 2010..This study examines the influence of corticosteroid therapy on the incidence of secondary elevated intraocular pressure in patients with Fuchs heterochromic cyclitis (FHC) and chronic anterior uveitis.
- Apoferritin-templated yttrium phosphate nanoparticle conjugates for radioimmunotherapy of cancersHong Wu
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA 99352, USA
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 8:2316-22. 2008We report a templated-synthetic approach based on protein-cage of apoferritin to prepare radionuclide nanoparticle (NP) conjugates...
- Evaluation of a recombinant Hc of Clostridium botulinum neurotoxin serotype F as an effective subunit vaccineYun Zhou Yu
Beijing Institute of Biotechnology, 20 Dongdajie St, Fengtai District, Beijing 100071, China
Clin Vaccine Immunol 15:1819-23. 2008A new gene encoding the Hc domain of Clostridium botulinum neurotoxin serotype F (FHc) was designed and completely synthesized with oligonucleotides. A soluble recombinant Hc of C...
- Immune complex glomerulonephritis in C4- and C3-deficient miceR J Quigg
Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Kidney Int 53:320-30. 1998..glomerulonephritis by actively immunizing C4-deficient (C4 -/-), C3 deficient (C3 -/-) and wild-type mice with apoferritin. Wild-type animals with an intact complement system produced anti-apoferritin IgG and IgM antibodies, and ..
- Achievement of normal sagittal plane alignment using a wedged carbon fiber reinforced polymer fusion cage in treatment of spondylolisthesisJohn W Brantigan
South Texas Orthopaedic and Spinal Surgery Associates, 9150 Huebner Road, San Antonio, TX 78240, USA
Spine J 3:186-96. 2003..A wedged-shaped carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer (CFRP) cage implant filled with autologous bone was designed to allow surgeons to more easily achieve normal sagittal plane alignment in posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF).
- Surgical complications of posterior lumbar interbody fusion with total facetectomy in 251 patientsShinya Okuda
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Osaka Rosai Hospital, Osaka, Japan
J Neurosurg Spine 4:304-9. 2006Previous studies of surgical complications associated with posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) are of limited value due to intrastudy variation in instrumentation and fusion techniques...
- Variable clinical manifestation of a novel missense mutation in the alpha-tropomyosin (TPM1) gene in familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathyRoselie J Jongbloed
Department of Genetics and Cell Biology, University of Maastricht, Joseph Bechlaan 113, 6229 GR Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 41:981-6. 2003..This study was initiated to identify the disease-causing genetic defect in a family with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) and high incidence of sudden death...
- Lys184 deletion in troponin I impairs relaxation kinetics and induces hypercontractility in murine cardiac myofibrilsBogdan Iorga
Institute of Vegetative Physiology, University of Cologne, Robert Koch Strasse 39, Cologne, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 77:676-86. 2008..the functional consequences of the Lys184 deletion in murine cardiac troponin I (mcTnI(DeltaK184)), we have studied the primary effects of this mutation linked to familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) at the sarcomeric level.
- Iron(III) complexation of Desferrioxamine B encapsulated in apoferritinJosé M Domínguez-Vera
Departamento de Quimica Inorganica, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Granada, 18071 Granada, Spain
J Inorg Biochem 98:469-72. 2004The dissociation of apoferritin into subunits at pH 2 followed by its reformation at pH 7...
- Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Microsatellite haplotyping and identification of a hot spot for mutations in the beta-myosin heavy chain geneE Dausse
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U127, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
J Clin Invest 92:2807-13. 1993Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) is a clinically and genetically heterogeneous disease. The first identified disease gene, located on chromosome 14q11-q12, encodes the beta-myosin heavy chain...
- Atrogin-1 and MuRF1 regulate cardiac MyBP-C levels via different mechanismsGiulia Mearini
Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 85:357-66. 2010Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) is frequently caused by cardiac myosin-binding protein C (cMyBP-C) gene mutations, which should result in C-terminal truncated mutants...
- Mutations in beta-myosin S2 that cause familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) abolish the interaction with the regulatory domain of myosin-binding protein-CM Gruen
Max Planck Institut fur molekulare Physiologie, Rheinlanddamm 201, Dortmund, 44139, Germany
J Mol Biol 286:933-49. 1999..In this region, several mutations in beta-myosin are associated with FHC; however, their molecular implications remained unclear...
- Outcome of one-level posterior lumbar interbody fusion for spondylolisthesis and postoperative intervertebral disc degeneration adjacent to the fusionN Miyakoshi
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Akita University School of Medicine, Akita Japan miyakoshodoc med akita u ac jp
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:1837-42. 2000..of the clinical and radiologic records of patients who underwent one-level posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) at L4-L5...
- Problems of posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) for the rheumatoid spondylitis of the lumbar spineMasahiro Inaoka
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Nissay Hospital, 3 8, Itachibori 6 chome, Nishi ku, Osaka 550 0012, Japan
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 122:73-9. 2002We performed posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) on 7 patients with rheumatoid spondylitis (RA) of the lumbar spine with severe low-back pain and/or cauda equina symptoms, and evaluated the effectiveness of PLIF for the lumbar spinal ..
- A carbon fiber implant to aid interbody lumbar fusion. Two-year clinical results in the first 26 patientsJ W Brantigan
Department of Surgery, Division of Orthopaedics, Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 18:2106-7. 1993The success of posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) has been limited by mechanical and biologic deficiencies of the donor bone...
- Chemokine CXCL12 induces binding of ferritin heavy chain to the chemokine receptor CXCR4, alters CXCR4 signaling, and induces phosphorylation and nuclear translocation of ferritin heavy chainRunsheng Li
Institute of Health Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences and Shanghai JiaoTong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200025, People s Republic of China
J Biol Chem 281:37616-27. 2006..In the present study, we demonstrate that the CXC chemokine receptor 4 (CXCR4) formed a complex with ferritin heavy chain (FHC) in a ligand-dependent manner...
- Highly focused clonal composition of CD8(+) CD28(neg) T cells in aqueous humor of fuchs heterochromic cyclitisPierre Labalette
Service d Ophtalmologie, EA 2686, Centre Hospitalier et Universitaire de Lille, 59045, Lille, France
Exp Eye Res 75:317-25. 2002Fuchs heterochromic cyclitis (FHC) is characterized by a predominant CD8(+) T cell subset infiltrating the anterior chamber, but the clonal composition of these T cells is unknown...
- Effects of lumbar spinal fusion on the other lumbar intervertebral levels (three-dimensional finite element analysis)Keisuke Goto
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Miyazaki Medical College, 5200 Kihara, Kiyotake, Miyazaki, 889 1692, Japan
J Orthop Sci 8:577-84. 2003..We compared intact, L4/5 posterior interbody fusion (PLF), and L4/5 posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) models...
- Photoelectrochemical biosensing platform for microRNA detection based on in situ producing electron donor from apoferritin-encapsulated ascorbic acidHuanshun Yin
College of Chemistry and Material Science, Shandong Agricultural University, 271018 Taian, Shandong, PR China
Biosens Bioelectron 53:175-81. 2014..DNA as detecting probe, streptavidin as signal capturing unit and biotin functionalized ascorbic acid loaded apoferritin as signal amplification unit...
- Intramuscular pressure of the multifidus muscle and low-back pain after posterior lumbar interbody fusion: comparison of mini-open and conventional approachesYoshihiro Mukai
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Osaka Kosei Nenkin Hospital, Fukushima, Osaka and
J Neurosurg Spine 19:651-7. 2013..the perioperative development of intramuscular multifidus muscle pressure after posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) and to investigate whether the route of pedicle screw insertion affects this pressure and resultant low-back pain...
- H-ferritin overexpression promotes radiation-induced leukemia/lymphoma in miceSumitaka Hasegawa
Molecular Imaging Center, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Chiba 263 8555, Japan
Carcinogenesis 33:2269-75. 2012..Our findings indicate that HF overexpression is closely related to the development of leukemia/lymphoma, which could have implications for the prevention of malignant hematologic diseases...
- Hyperferritinemia and hyperuricemia may be associated with liver function abnormality in obese adolescentsSolomon Chih Cheng Chen
Department of Pediatrics, Chia Yi Christian Hospital, Chia Yi City, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 7:e48645. 2012..The objective was to investigate the association among the levels of serum ferritin, uric acid and alanine aminotransferase (ALT) in adolescents...
- KIR3DL2 binds to HLA-B27 dimers and free H chains more strongly than other HLA class I and promotes the expansion of T cells in ankylosing spondylitisIsabel Wong-Baeza
Nuffield Department of Rheumatological and Musculoskeletal Sciences, Botnar Research Centre, Oxford OX3 7LD, United Kingdom
J Immunol 190:3216-24. 2013..expressed at the cell surface of APC as both classical β2-microglobulin-associated B27 and B27 free H chain forms (FHC), including disulfide-bonded H chain homodimers (termed B27(2))...
- Oxidative stress levels in myelodysplastic syndrome patients: their relationship to serum ferritin and haemoglobin valuesK Saigo
Faculty of Pharmacological Sciences, Himeji Dokkyo University, 7 Kami ohno, Himeji, Hyogo 670 8524, Japan
J Int Med Res 39:1941-5. 2011..The results indicated that iron accumulation or severe anaemia could contribute to oxidative stress in MDS patients. Iron chelation and antioxidant therapy may be suitable for the management of MDS...
- Long-range effects of familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy mutations E180G and D175N on the properties of tropomyosinSocheata Ly
Cardiovascular Program, Boston Biomedical Research Institute, 64 Grove Street, Watertown, MA 02472, USA
Biochemistry 51:6413-20. 2012Cardiac α-tropomyosin (Tm) single-site mutations D175N and E180G cause familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC)...
- Structural analysis of haemin demetallation by L-chain apoferritinsNatalia de Val
Institute of Life Sciences, University of Louvain, Place Croix du Sud, 1348 Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
J Inorg Biochem 112:77-84. 2012..In vitro experiments had shown that horse spleen apoferritin or recombinant horse L chain apoferritins, when co-crystallised with haemin, undergoes demetallation of the ..
- Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy mutations in troponin I (K183D, G203S, K206Q) enhance filament slidingJan Kohler
Molekular und Zellphysiologie, Medizinische Hochschule, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Physiol Genomics 14:117-28. 2003A major cause of familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) is dominant mutations in cardiac sarcomeric genes...
- Comparison of clinical and radiological results of posterolateral fusion, posterior lumbar interbody fusion and transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion techniques in the treatment of degenerative lumbar spineZ Audat
Orthopaedic Department, Faculty of Medicine, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid 22110, Jordan
Singapore Med J 53:183-7. 2012..treatment, such as posterolateral fusion and posterior instrumentation (PLF), posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) and transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF)...
- Efficiency of ferritin as an MRI reporter gene in NPC cells is enhanced by iron supplementationYupeng Feng
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China, Imaging Diagnosis and Interventional Center, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, 651 Dongfeng Road East, Guangzhou, China
J Biomed Biotechnol 2012:434878. 2012An emerging MRI reporter, ferritin heavy chain (FTH1), is recently applied to enhance the contrast and increase the sensitivity of MRI in the monitoring of solid tumors...
- Ab initio study of the solvent H-bonding effect on ESIPT reaction and electronic transitions of 3-hydroxychromone derivativesCyril A Kenfack
Laboratoire de Biophotonique et Pharmacologie, UMR 7213 du CNRS, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite de Strasbourg, 74, route du Rhin, 67401 Illkirch Cedex, France
Phys Chem Chem Phys 14:8910-8. 2012..electronic transitions occurring in 4-(N,N-dimethylamino)-3-hydroxyflavone (DMAF) and 2-furanyl-3-hydroxychromone (FHC) were investigated using the TDDFT method in aprotic and protic solvents...
- Comparison of skeletal muscle mass to fat-free mass ratios among different ethnic groupsT Abe
Department of Health and Exercise Science, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK 73019, USA
J Nutr Health Aging 16:534-8. 2012..e., SMM / height square or SMM to fat-free mass (FFM) ratio, differs among different ethnic groups at the same level of body mass index (BMI)...
- Risk factors for cage retropulsion after posterior lumbar interbody fusion: analysis of 1070 casesHiroaki Kimura
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Gakkentoshi Hospital, Kyoto, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 37:1164-9. 2012..Single-center retrospective study...
- The universal mechanism for iron translocation to the ferroxidase site in ferritin, which is mediated by the well conserved transit siteTaro Masuda
Laboratory of Food Quality Design and Development, Division of Agronomy and Horticultural Science, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Gokasho, Uji, Kyoto 611 0011, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 400:94-9. 2010..These results suggest that the conserved transit site also has a function to assist with the metal ion sequestration to the ferroxidase site in ferritins from vertebrates...
- Effect of intraoperative position used in posterior lumbar interbody fusion on the maintenance of lumbar lordosisJae Hyup Lee
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Seoul National University Medical College, Seoul National University Boramae Hospital, Seoul, Korea
J Neurosurg Spine 8:263-70. 2008..study was to compare retrospectively the use of different operating tables with different positions for posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) and the effect on intraoperative and postoperative lumbar lordosis and segmental lordosis.
- Role of ferritin alterations in human breast cancer cellsSvitlana I Shpyleva
Division of Biochemical Toxicology, National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 126:63-71. 2011..phenotype, such as MCF-7, MDA-MB-361, T-47D, HCC70 and cells, expressed low levels of ferritin light chain, ferritin heavy chain, transferrin, transferring receptor, and iron-regulatory proteins 1 and 2...
- Comparison of posterolateral fusion with and without additional posterior lumbar interbody fusion for degenerative lumbar spondylolisthesisKee Yong Ha
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kang Nam St Mary s Hospital, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul
J Spinal Disord Tech 21:229-34. 2008..The authors retrospectively studied the effects of posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) after PLF for the treatment of DS.
- Characterization of horse spleen apoferritin reactive lysines by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry combined with enzymatic digestionQingbing Zeng
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and Nanocenter, University of South Carolina, 631 Sumter Street, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
Bioorg Chem 36:255-60. 2008..Recently, ferritin and apoferritin (ferritin devoid of the iron core), have been employed as chemically addressable nanoscale building blocks for ..
- Neutron spin echo studies on ferritin: free-particle diffusion and interacting solutionsWolfgang Häussler
FRM II and E21, Technische Universitat Munchen, Garching, Germany
Eur Biophys J 37:563-71. 2008..In this article, a systematic study of diffusive dynamics of ferritin and apoferritin (=ferritin without iron core) is presented...
- Comparative study of unilateral and bilateral cages with respect to clinical outcomes and stability in instrumented posterior lumbar interbody fusionJi Ho Lee
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Seoul National University Medical College, Seoul Metropolitan Government, Seoul National University, Boramae Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Neurosurgery 63:109-13; discussion 113-4. 2008We sought to compare the clinical and radiological results of instrumented posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) using unilateral or bilateral polyetheretherketone cages and pedicle screws.
- Anharmonic behavior in the multisubunit protein apoferritin as revealed by quasi-elastic neutron scatteringMark T F Telling
ISIS Facility, Science and Technology Facilities Council STFC, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Chilton, OX11 OQX, UK
J Phys Chem B 112:10873-8. 2008..QENS) has been used to study the deviation from Debye-law harmonic behavior in lyophilized and hydrated apoferritin, a naturally occurring, multisubunit protein...
- Electrochemical detection of DNA hybridization based on signal DNA probe modified with Au and apoferritin nanoparticlesFengli Yu
State Key Laboratory Base of Eco chemical Engineering, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Qingdao University of Science and Technology, Qingdao 266042, China
Biosens Bioelectron 26:1114-7. 2010..approach for sequence-specific DNA detection based on signal dual-amplification with Au NPs and marker-loaded apoferritin NPs was reported...
- Biomechanical comparison between lumbar disc arthroplasty and fusionShih Hao Chen
Department of Orthopaedics, Tzu Chi General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Med Eng Phys 31:244-53. 2009..to either insert an artificial disc (ProDisc II; ADR) or incorporate bilateral posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) cages with a pedicle screw fixation system...
- Posterior lumbar interbody fusion versus posterolateral fusion with instrumentation in the treatment of low-grade isthmic spondylolisthesis: midterm clinical outcomesAhmet Murat Musluman
Clinic of Neurosurgery, Sisli Etfal Education and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J Neurosurg Spine 14:488-96. 2011The purpose of this study was to compare the methods of posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) and posterolateral fusion (PLF) in cases of isthmic Grades 1 and 2 lumbar spondylolisthesis, and to evaluate the clinical efficacy of the ..
- TLIF for symptomatic disc degeneration: a retrospective study of 100 patientsPier Paolo Mura
Eur Spine J 20:S57-60. 2011..been described such as combined anterior-posterior fusion (APF), instrumented posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) and transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF)...
- Preventive effect of artificial ligamentous stabilization on the upper adjacent segment impairment following posterior lumbar interbody fusionShiro Imagama
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 34:2775-81. 2009..A retrospective, comparative study...
- Up-regulation of ferritin ubiquitination in skeletal muscle of transgenic rats bearing the G93A hmSOD1 gene mutationMalgorzata Halon
Department of Bioenergetics and Physiology of Exercise, Medical University of Gdansk, Poland
Neuromuscul Disord 20:29-33. 2010..Our data show for the first time that ferritin ubiquitination could be responsible for oxidative stress in muscles of rats bearing the G93A hmSOD1, consequently ferritin is not able to control the labile iron pool...
- Stand-alone cage for posterior lumbar interbody fusion in the treatment of high-degree degenerative disc disease: design of a new device for an "old" technique. A prospective study on a series of 116 patientsFrancesco Costa
Neurosurgery Department, IRCCS Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi, Milan, Italy
Eur Spine J 20:S46-56. 2011..In recent years, many possible surgical fusion techniques have been introduced; PLIF is one of these...
- Posterior versus anterior lumbar interbody fusion with anterior tension band plating: retrospective analysisCurt Freudenberger
SportsMed, Huntsville, Alabama, USA
Orthopedics 32:492. 2009Over the past 2 decades, posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) with pedicle screw instrumentation has gained popularity...
- Mesangial cell complement receptor 1-related protein y limits complement-dependent neutrophil accumulation in immune complex glomerulonephritisLihua Bao
The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Immunology 128:e895-904. 2009..After 3 weeks of immunization with horse spleen apoferritin, six of nine Crry(-/-) C3(+/-) mice and none of the six control C3(+/-) mice developed proliferative GN (P = 0...
- Computational studies on the interactions of inhalational anesthetics with proteinsSatyavani Vemparala
The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, C I T Campus, Taramani, Chennai 600 113, India
Acc Chem Res 43:103-10. 2010..However, later experiments with lipid-free globular proteins, such as luciferase and apoferritin, shifted the focus of anesthetic action to proteins...
- Extrapulmonary tuberculosis in Kabul, Afghanistan: a hospital-based retrospective reviewTim Fader
CURE International Hospital, PO Box 621, Darulaman Rd, near King s Palace, Karte Se, Kabul, Afghanistan
Int J Infect Dis 14:e102-10. 2010..The purpose of this study is to amplify the knowledge base of the epidemiology, symptoms, and signs of extrapulmonary tuberculosis (EPTB) in Afghanistan...
- Hemostatic and electrolyte effects of hydroxyethyl starches in patients undergoing posterior lumbar interbody fusion using pedicle screws and cagesSoo Joo Choi
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 35:829-34. 2010..Prospective, randomized, double blind, clinical study...
- Biomechanical evaluation of an expandable cage in single-segment posterior lumbar interbody fusionNitin N Bhatia
Orthopaedic Biomechanics Laboratory, VA Healthcare System, Long Beach, California 90822, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 37:E79-85. 2012..Controlled laboratory study...
- Perioperative complications of primary posterior lumbar interbody fusion for nonisthmic spondylolisthesis: analysis of risk factorsNoboru Hosono
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Osaka Kosei Nenkin Hospital, Fukushima, Osaka, Japan
J Neurosurg Spine 9:403-7. 2008Although posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) is an excellent procedure to attain circumferential decompression, it is technically demanding and can lead to various surgical complications...
- Comparison of paraspinal muscle injury in one-level lumbar posterior inter-body fusion: modified minimally invasive and traditional open approachesShun wu Fan
Department of Orthopaedics, Sir Run Run Shaw Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Institute of Micro Invasive Surgery of Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Orthop Surg 2:194-200. 2010To determine differences in paraspinal muscle injury between a modified minimally invasive approach (MMIA) and a traditional operative approach (TOPA) for one-level instrumented posterior lumbar inter-body fusion (PLIF).
- Patient interest in recording family histories of cancer via the InternetChristian Simon
Department of Bioethics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Genet Med 10:895-902. 2008This study investigated the interest of mammogram patients in using electronic tools for recording their family histories of cancer (FHC).
- Long-term rescue of a familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy caused by a mutation in the thin filament protein, tropomyosin, via modulation of a calcium cycling proteinRobert D Gaffin
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Center for Cardiovascular Research, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 51:812-20. 2011..transiently improves relaxation and delays hypertrophic remodeling in a familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) caused by a mutation in the thin filament protein, tropomyosin (i.e., α-TmE180G or Tm180)...
- Radiographic characteristics on conventional radiographs after posterior lumbar interbody fusion: comparative study between radiotranslucent and radiopaque cagesO Diedrich
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
J Spinal Disord 14:522-32. 2001..Our purpose is to evaluate radiographic findings after posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) with cages and estimate their relative value in judging fusion status...
- Iron loading-induced aggregation and reduction of iron incorporation in heteropolymeric ferritin containing a mutant light chain that causes neurodegenerationBarry B Muhoberac
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Indiana University Purdue University, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1812:544-8. 2011..Ferritin IBs are composed of mutant ferritin light chain as well as wild-type light (Wt-FTL) and heavy chain (FTH1) polypeptides. In vitro studies have shown that the mutant light chain polypeptide p...
- EFFECT OF CARDIOMYOPATHY MUTATIONS ON MYOSIN AND ACTINKATHLEEN TRYBUS; Fiscal Year: 2004..the beta-cardiac myosin heavy chain and in alpha-cardiac actin lead to either familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) or dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM)...
- Spectroscopy of myosin light chain domain dynamicsOsha Roopnarine; Fiscal Year: 2010..how this is altered in muscle disease, focusing on LC mutations that cause familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC)...
- FHC Tn Mutations: Functional Consequences & MechanismsJames Potter; Fiscal Year: 2005Familial Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (FHC) is an autosomal dominant disease, which has been associated with mutations in almost every major cardiac sarcomeric protein...
- Structural Comparison of Strongly-Bound Actomyosin StatesDorit Hanein; Fiscal Year: 2009..One prime cause of heart disease is familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC), which is an inherited cardiac disease that frequently results in sudden death of young and otherwise healthy ..
- Deep Brain Stimulation Array for NeuromodulationRIO VETTER; Fiscal Year: 2007..NeuroNexus is leading this project in collaboration with FHC, the University of Michigan and consultants from the Cleveland Clinic...
- Ferritin: Protein/mRNA/DNA in Fe/O Regulation/MetabolismELIZABETH C contact THEIL; Fiscal Year: 2010..Coregulation of ferritin mRNAs, FTH and FTL, with iron trafficking proteins depends on a group of mRNA structures, the iron regulatory element (IRE) ..