Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FTH1
Description: ferritin, heavy polypeptide 1
Alias: FHC, FTH, FTHL6, HFE5, PIG15, PLIF, apoferritin, cell proliferation-inducing gene 15 protein, ferritin H subunit, ferritin heavy chain, placenta immunoregulatory factor, proliferation-inducing protein 15
Publications227 found, 100 shown here
- Binding and uptake of H-ferritin are mediated by human transferrin receptor-1Li Li
Department of Medicine, Veterans Administration Medical Center, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:3505-10. 2010Ferritin is a spherical molecule composed of 24 subunits of two types, ferritin H chain (FHC) and ferritin L chain (FLC)...
- Evidence for a pathogenic determinant in HIV-1 Nef involved in B cell dysfunction in HIV/AIDSSimon Swingler
University of Massachusetts Medical School, Program in Molecular Medicine, 373 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Cell Host Microbe 4:63-76. 2008..Collectively, these results indicate that the HIV-1 Nef protein carries a pathogenic determinant that governs B cell defects in HIV-1 infection...
- mu-1,2-Peroxobridged di-iron(III) dimer formation in human H-chain ferritinFadi Bou-Abdallah
Department of Chemistry, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH 03824, USA
Biochem J 364:57-63. 2002....
- A study of genes that may modulate the expression of hereditary hemochromatosis: transferrin receptor-1, ferroportin, ceruloplasmin, ferritin light and heavy chains, iron regulatory proteins (IRP)-1 and -2, and hepcidinP L Lee
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 27:783-802. 2001..These were further examined for association with differences in iron accumulation as measured by plasma transferrin saturation and ferritin levels, but no such association could be documented...
- Epidural abscess and discitis complicating instrumented posterior lumbar interbody fusion: a case reportJonathan J Carmouche
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Spine Division, Rochester, New York, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 29:E542-6. 2004A case of epidural abscess and discitis following instrumented PLIF using a single carbon fiber interbody cage is presented.
- Dose-dependent inhibition of diclofenac sodium on posterior lumbar interbody fusion ratesJose Miguel T Lumawig
Department of Orthopedics, Philippine General Hospital, Taft Avenue, Manila, Philippines
Spine J 9:343-9. 2009..It is very popular as a first-line treatment for acute pain, even perioperatively for spine fusion patients. Review of published literature reveals no studies done on the effect of diclofenac sodium on spine fusion rates...
- Segmental stability and compressive strength of posterior lumbar interbody fusion implantsA Tsantrizos
Orthopaedic Research Laboratory, Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:1899-907. 2000..Three posterior lumbar interbody fusion implant constructs (Ray Threaded Fusion Cage, Contact Fusion Cage, and PLIF Allograft Spacer) were tested nondestructively in axial rotation, flexion-extension, and lateral bending...
- Induction of ferritin synthesis in cells infected with Mengo virusM R Mulvey
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Biol Chem 271:9851-7. 1996..from infected murine L929 cells showed a 4- and 6-fold increase in the intracellular concentrations of H and L apoferritin subunits, respectively. This differential expression altered the H/L subunit ratio from 3...
- Mutations in SLC29A3, encoding an equilibrative nucleoside transporter ENT3, cause a familial histiocytosis syndrome (Faisalabad histiocytosis) and familial Rosai-Dorfman diseaseNeil V Morgan
Wellchild Paediatric Research Centre and Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, University of Birmingham College of Medical and Dental Sciences, Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom
PLoS Genet 6:e1000833. 2010..In most cases the pathophysiology is unclear and treatment is nonspecific. Faisalabad histiocytosis (FHC) (MIM 602782) has been classed as an autosomal recessively inherited form of histiocytosis with similarities to ..
- Effects of ascorbic acid, phytic acid and tannic acid on iron bioavailability from reconstituted ferritin measured by an in vitro digestion-Caco-2 cell modelFuxia Jin
USDA ARS, The Robert W Holley Center for Health and Agriculture, Tower Road, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Br J Nutr 101:972-81. 2009..Horse spleen apoferritin was chemically reconstituted into an animal-type ferritin (HSF) and a plant-type ferritin (P-HSF) according to ..
- Diastolic dysfunction in familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy transgenic model miceTheodore P Abraham
Division of Cardiology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Cardiovasc Res 82:84-92. 2009..the ventricular myosin regulatory light chain (RLC) were identified to cause familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC)...
- Outcome of clinical versus genetic family screening in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with focus on cardiac beta-myosin gene mutationsOle Havndrup
Department of Medicine B, The Heart Centre, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, Blegdamsvej 9, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Cardiovasc Res 57:347-57. 2003Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) is caused by mutations in genes encoding cardiac sarcomere proteins. Although available, genetic analyses are generally not used clinically...
- [Adjacent segment degeneration after lumbosacral fusion in spondylolisthesis: a retrospective radiological and clinical analysis]P Zencica
Ortopedická klinika FN Brno Bohunice
Acta Chir Orthop Traumatol Cech 77:124-30. 2010Whereas the posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) technique with pedicle screw fixation has shown satisfactory clinical results, solid fusion has been reported to accelerate degenerative changes at adjacent unfused levels, especially ..
- Risk factors for adjacent segment degeneration after PLIFShin ya Okuda
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Osaka Rosai Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 29:1535-40. 2004A retrospective study of 87 patients who underwent posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) at L4-L5 for L4 degenerative spondylolisthesis.
- A novel missense mutation, Leu390Val, in the cardiac beta-myosin heavy chain associated with pronounced septal hypertrophy in two families with hypertrophic cardiomyopathyO Havndrup
Department of Medicine B, The Heart Center, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Scand Cardiovasc J 34:558-63. 2000An examination of the genetic background and phenotypic presentation of familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) with respect to specific mutations in the MYH7-gene encoding the cardiac beta-myosin heavy chain.
- QT dispersion in alpha-myosin heavy-chain familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy miceL M Bevilacqua
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Pediatr Res 45:643-7. 1999Patients with familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) are at risk for ventricular arrhythmias and sudden death...
- Posterior lumbar interbody fusion with facet-screw fixationT Stonecipher
Everett Clinic, Everett, WA 98201
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 14:468-71. 1989The optimal surgical construct for lumbar fusion remains controversial. The posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) operation offers advantages including total nuclear disc excision, restoration of disc-space height, root decompression, ..
- Sex life and sexual function in men and women before and after total disc replacement compared with posterior lumbar fusionSvante Berg
Stockholm Spine Center, Löwenströmska Hospital, SE 19489, Upplands Vasby, Stockholm, Sweden
Spine J 9:987-94. 2009..This has led to concern as to whether anterior surgery should be employed in men, at least in younger age groups...
- Ferritin induction protects cortical astrocytes from heme-mediated oxidative injuryR F Regan
Department of Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University, 1020 Sansom Street, 239 Thompson Building, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Neuroscience 113:985-94. 2002..An enhanced ferritin band was detected on immunoblots from cultures that were treated with purified apoferritin, consistent with astrocytic ferritin uptake...
- Two pathways of iron uptake in bovine spleen apoferritin dependent on iron concentrationKoichi Orino
Laboratory of Biochemistry, School of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Sciences, Kitasato University, Towada, Aomori, Japan
Biometals 15:59-63. 2002Iron incorporation by bovine spleen apoferritin either with ferrous ammonium sulfate in different buffers or with ferrous ammonium sulfate and phosphate was studied. Iron uptake and iron autoxidation were recorded spectrophotomerically...
- Volatile anesthetic binding to proteins is influenced by solvent and aliphatic residuesJohn H Streiff
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 901 19th Street South, Birmingham, AL 35294 1150, USA
J Chem Inf Model 48:2066-73. 2008..that exceeded minimum values observed in the VA binding sites of serum albumin, firefly luciferase, and apoferritin. We found that the structures of VA binding proteins are enriched in these pockets and that the predicted ..
- Human homozygous R403W mutant cardiac myosin presents disproportionate enhancement of mechanical and enzymatic propertiesDagmar I Keller
INSERM U582, Institut de Myologie, , , 47, , 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
J Mol Cell Cardiol 36:355-62. 2004Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) is associated with mutations in 11 genes encoding sarcomeric proteins. Most families present mutations in MYBPC3 and MYH7 encoding cardiac myosin-binding protein C and beta-myosin heavy chain...
- Posterior lumbar interbody fusion using posterolateral placement of a single cylindrical threaded cageJ Zhao
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Changhai Hospital, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:425-30. 2000STUDY DESIGN: An in vitro biomechanical study of posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) with threaded cages was performed on 18 bovine lumbar functional spinal units...
- Social protection in Brazil: universalism and targeting in the FHC and Lula administrationsNilson do Rosário Costa
Departamento de Ciências Sociais, Escola Nacional de Saude Publica, FIOCRUZ, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, 21045 210, Brazil
Cien Saude Colet 14:693-706. 2009..Targeting is an innovation directly associated with the adjustment agenda. It reveals that under the FHC and Lula administrations there was an identical adoption of targeted social programs...
- Functional effects of the hypertrophic cardiomyopathy R403Q mutation are different in an alpha- or beta-myosin heavy chain backboneSusan Lowey
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Biol Chem 283:20579-89. 2008..in the beta-myosin heavy chain (MHC) was the first mutation to be linked to familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC), a primary disease of heart muscle...
- Fluorescence lifetime of actin in the familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy transgenic heartP Mettikolla
Department of Molecular Biology and Immunology and Center for Commercialization of Fluorescence Technologies, University of North Texas, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, Texas 76107, USA
Biochemistry 48:1264-71. 2009..myosin regulatory light chain (RLC) can cause a malignant phenotype of familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC)...
- Scavenger receptors facilitate protein transport in the trophotaenial placenta of the goodeid fish, Ameca splendens (Teleostei: Atheriniformes)Joachim F Schindler
Institut fur Anatomie, Universitat Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
J Exp Zool A Comp Exp Biol 299:197-212. 2003..Binding to TACs of NF was completely inhibitable by proteins containing multiple lysine residues such as apoferritin, bovine serum albumin (BSA), human transferrin (HTf), fetuin, hemoglobin, myoglobin, cytochrome c, ubiquitin, ..
- Cage migration in spondylolisthesis treated with posterior lumbar interbody fusion using BAK cagesLiang Chen
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital of Suzhou University, Suzhou, PRC
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 30:2171-5. 2005A retrospective study was conducted to review the complication of cage migration in posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) with the Bagby and Kuslich method.
- Comparative architecture of silks, fibrous proteins and their encoding genes in insects and spidersCatherine L Craig
Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 133:493-507. 2002..All of the sequenced fibroin silks (Flag or silk from flagelliform gland in spiders; Fhc or heavy chain fibroin silks produced by Lepidoptera larvae) are made up of hierarchically organized, repetitive ..
- Comparative study of PILF and TLIF treatment in adult degenerative spondylolisthesisDeng Lu Yan
Orthopedic Department, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, 610041, Chengdu, Sichuan, Peoples Republic of China
Eur Spine J 17:1311-6. 2008This study is to compare the therapeutic effect of posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) and transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF) with pedicle screw fixation on treatment in adult degenerative spondylolisthesis...
- Residual sagittal motion after lumbar fusion: a finite element analysis with implications on radiographic flexion-extension criteriaChristopher M Bono
Boston University School of Medicine, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Boston, MA, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:417-22. 2007..Finite element analysis of a lumbar fusion model...
- PLIF with a titanium cage and excised facet joint bone for degenerative spondylolisthesis--in augmentation with a pedicle screwKoichiro Okuyama
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Akita Rosai Hospital, Akita 018 5604, Japan
J Spinal Disord Tech 20:53-9. 2007To determine the validity of posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) using a titanium cage filled with excised facet joint bone and a pedicle screw for degenerative spondylolisthesis.
- Low-grade isthmic spondylolisthesis treated with instrumented posterior lumbar interbody fusion in U.S. servicemenRobert W Molinari
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Rochester Spine Center, Rochester, New York, USA
J Spinal Disord Tech 18:S24-9. 2005..The purpose was to evaluate patient-assessed function/pain/satisfaction and military job performance in U.S. servicemen treated with posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF).
- Treatment of human bone marrow with recombinant placenta immunoregulator ferritin results in myelopoiesis and T-cell suppression through modulation of the cytokine-chemokine networksChaya Moroz
Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Petach Tikva, Israel
Exp Hematol 34:159-66. 2006Placenta immunomodulator ferritin (PLIF) is a cloned human chimeric ferritin H chain with a novel non-ferritin C-terminal 48 amino acid sequence (C48). Recombinant PLIF-C48 exhibited cell-mediated immunosuppression...
- [Clinical classification and surgical options of the far-lateral lumbar disc herniation]Fang Li
Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedics, General Hospital of Beijing Military Command, Beijing 100700, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 47:1553-6. 2009..To suggest the clinical classification of the far-lateral lumbar disc herniation and offer the considerations for clinical choice of different surgical procedures...
- Differential effect of troponin T mutations on the inotropic responsiveness of mouse hearts--role of myofilament Ca2+ sensitivity increaseSyevda G Sirenko
Department of Pharmacology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
J Physiol 575:201-13. 2006Troponin T (TnT) mutations that cause familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) and sudden cardiac death frequently increase myofilament Ca2+ sensitivity, suggesting that their Ca2+-sensitizing effect contributes importantly to the FHC ..
- Posterior lumbar interbody fusion for degenerative spondylolisthesis: restoration of sagittal balance using insert-and-rotate interbody spacersWilliam Sears
Department of Neurosurgery, Royal North Shore Hospital, Pacific Highway, St Leonards, NSW 2065, Australia
Spine J 5:170-9. 2005..The insert-and-rotate posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) technique, first described by Jaslow in 1946, may enable surgeons to safely and effectively correct sagittal ..
- Lumbar trapezoid plate for lumbar spondylolisthesis. A clinical study on preoperative and postoperative instabilityY Kamioka
Orthopedic Department, Sanraku Hospital, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 15:1198-203. 1990..For this purpose, it is considered important to prevent grafted bones of the posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) from collapse and to maintain the achieved alignment of the lumbar spine.
- Radiological comparison of instrumented posterior lumbar interbody fusion with one or two closed-box plasmapore coated titanium cages: follow-up study over more than seven yearsStefan Kroppenstedt
Universitätsklinikum Charité Campus Virchow Klinikum, Augustenburger Platz, Berlin, Germany
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:2083-8. 2008..A retrospective clinical study with a follow-up of more than 7 years was conducted...
- Posterior lumbar interbody fusion versus posterolateral fusion in adult isthmic spondylolisthesisPer Ekman
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:2178-83. 2007..A prospective study with historical controls...
- Achievement of normal sagittal plane alignment using a wedged carbon fiber reinforced polymer fusion cage in treatment of spondylolisthesisJohn W Brantigan
South Texas Orthopaedic and Spinal Surgery Associates, 9150 Huebner Road, San Antonio, TX 78240, USA
Spine J 3:186-96. 2003..A wedged-shaped carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer (CFRP) cage implant filled with autologous bone was designed to allow surgeons to more easily achieve normal sagittal plane alignment in posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF).
- Apoferritin-templated yttrium phosphate nanoparticle conjugates for radioimmunotherapy of cancersHong Wu
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA 99352, USA
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 8:2316-22. 2008We report a templated-synthetic approach based on protein-cage of apoferritin to prepare radionuclide nanoparticle (NP) conjugates...
- Evaluation of a recombinant Hc of Clostridium botulinum neurotoxin serotype F as an effective subunit vaccineYun Zhou Yu
Beijing Institute of Biotechnology, 20 Dongdajie St, Fengtai District, Beijing 100071, China
Clin Vaccine Immunol 15:1819-23. 2008A new gene encoding the Hc domain of Clostridium botulinum neurotoxin serotype F (FHc) was designed and completely synthesized with oligonucleotides. A soluble recombinant Hc of C...
- [Corticosteroid therapy and secondary elevated intraocular pressure in patients with Fuchs heterochromic cyclitis and idiopathic chronic anterior uveitis]C Heinz
Augenabteilung, St Franziskus Hospital, Munster, Germany
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 227:413-7. 2010..This study examines the influence of corticosteroid therapy on the incidence of secondary elevated intraocular pressure in patients with Fuchs heterochromic cyclitis (FHC) and chronic anterior uveitis.
- Immune complex glomerulonephritis in C4- and C3-deficient miceR J Quigg
Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Kidney Int 53:320-30. 1998..glomerulonephritis by actively immunizing C4-deficient (C4 -/-), C3 deficient (C3 -/-) and wild-type mice with apoferritin. Wild-type animals with an intact complement system produced anti-apoferritin IgG and IgM antibodies, and ..
- Outcome of one-level posterior lumbar interbody fusion for spondylolisthesis and postoperative intervertebral disc degeneration adjacent to the fusionN Miyakoshi
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Akita University School of Medicine, Akita Japan miyakoshodoc med akita u ac jp
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:1837-42. 2000..of the clinical and radiologic records of patients who underwent one-level posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) at L4-L5...
- Iron(III) complexation of Desferrioxamine B encapsulated in apoferritinJosé M Domínguez-Vera
Departamento de Quimica Inorganica, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Granada, 18071 Granada, Spain
J Inorg Biochem 98:469-72. 2004The dissociation of apoferritin into subunits at pH 2 followed by its reformation at pH 7...
- Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Microsatellite haplotyping and identification of a hot spot for mutations in the beta-myosin heavy chain geneE Dausse
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U127, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
J Clin Invest 92:2807-13. 1993Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) is a clinically and genetically heterogeneous disease. The first identified disease gene, located on chromosome 14q11-q12, encodes the beta-myosin heavy chain...
- Lys184 deletion in troponin I impairs relaxation kinetics and induces hypercontractility in murine cardiac myofibrilsBogdan Iorga
Institute of Vegetative Physiology, University of Cologne, Robert Koch Strasse 39, Cologne, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 77:676-86. 2008..the functional consequences of the Lys184 deletion in murine cardiac troponin I (mcTnI(DeltaK184)), we have studied the primary effects of this mutation linked to familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) at the sarcomeric level.
- Surgical complications of posterior lumbar interbody fusion with total facetectomy in 251 patientsShinya Okuda
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Osaka Rosai Hospital, Osaka, Japan
J Neurosurg Spine 4:304-9. 2006Previous studies of surgical complications associated with posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) are of limited value due to intrastudy variation in instrumentation and fusion techniques...
- Problems of posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) for the rheumatoid spondylitis of the lumbar spineMasahiro Inaoka
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Nissay Hospital, 3 8, Itachibori 6 chome, Nishi ku, Osaka 550 0012, Japan
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 122:73-9. 2002We performed posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) on 7 patients with rheumatoid spondylitis (RA) of the lumbar spine with severe low-back pain and/or cauda equina symptoms, and evaluated the effectiveness of PLIF for the lumbar spinal ..
- Mutations in beta-myosin S2 that cause familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) abolish the interaction with the regulatory domain of myosin-binding protein-CM Gruen
Max Planck Institut fur molekulare Physiologie, Rheinlanddamm 201, Dortmund, 44139, Germany
J Mol Biol 286:933-49. 1999..In this region, several mutations in beta-myosin are associated with FHC; however, their molecular implications remained unclear...
- Atrogin-1 and MuRF1 regulate cardiac MyBP-C levels via different mechanismsGiulia Mearini
Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 85:357-66. 2010Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) is frequently caused by cardiac myosin-binding protein C (cMyBP-C) gene mutations, which should result in C-terminal truncated mutants...
- A carbon fiber implant to aid interbody lumbar fusion. Two-year clinical results in the first 26 patientsJ W Brantigan
Department of Surgery, Division of Orthopaedics, Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 18:2106-7. 1993The success of posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) has been limited by mechanical and biologic deficiencies of the donor bone...
- Selective VPS34 inhibitor blocks autophagy and uncovers a role for NCOA4 in ferritin degradation and iron homeostasis in vivoWilliam E Dowdle
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, 250 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Nat Cell Biol 16:1069-79. 2014..NCOA4 directly binds ferritin heavy chain-1 (FTH1) to target the iron-binding ferritin complex with a relative molecular mass of 450,000 to ..
- [PLIF and ALIF for the degenerative spondylolisthesis of the lumbar spine]J Lemcke
Klinik für Neurochirurgie, Unfallkrankenhaus Berlin, Germany
Z Orthop Ihre Grenzgeb 145:48-54. 2007The aim of this study is to compare the course of disease of patients with a degenerative instability of the lumbar spine after PLIF or ALIF.
- Consideration of family history of cancer in medical routine: a survey in the primary care setting in GermanyJonas Fiederling
aCancer Registry Baden Württemberg, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ bDivision of Preventive Oncology, National Center for Tumor Diseases NCT German Cancer Research Center DKFZ cDivision of Molecular Genetic Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Cancer Prev 23:199-205. 2014Family history of cancer (FHC) is important in the context of cancer prevention and risk counselling, but there is a lack of information about its consideration in medical routine...
- Nitinol spring rod dynamic stabilization system and Nitinol memory loops in surgical treatment for lumbar disc disorders: short-term follow upYoung Soo Kim
Department of Neurosurgery, Kwang Hye Spine Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Neurosurg Focus 22:E10. 2007....
- The effect of interventions based on the programs of The Institutes for the Achievement of Human Potential and Family Hope CenterStephen von Tetzchner
Department of Psychology, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Dev Neurorehabil 16:217-29. 2013To compare the effect of the programs of IAHP and FHC with ordinary community-based programs.
- The response of benthic foraminifera to various pollution sources: a study from Nellore Coast, East Coast of IndiaN Jayaraju
Department of Geology, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati 517 502, India
Environ Monit Assess 142:319-23. 2008..foraminifera that minimal species number (4-7) can currently preserved in living condition in a depth less than 5-fth contour from coast...
- Use of layer silicate for protein crystallization: effects of Micromica and chlorite powders in hanging dropsMasahide Takehara
Department of Applied Biological Science, Faculty of Science and Technology, Tokyo University of Science, Noda, Chiba 278 8510, Japan
Anal Biochem 373:322-9. 2008..Except for threonine synthase and apoferritin, the presence of chlorite delayed crystallization but induced the formation of large crystals...
- Temporal and morphological impact of pressure overload in transgenic FHC miceHao Chen
Molecular Cardiovascular Research Program, Department of Physiology, University of Arizona Tucson, AZ, USA
Front Physiol 4:205. 2013Although familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) is characterized as cardiac disease in the absence of overt stressors, disease penetrance, and pathological progression largely depend on modifying factors...
- Regulation of microRNA-1288 in colorectal cancer: altered expression and its clinicopathological significanceVinod Gopalan
Cancer Molecular Pathology of Griffith Health Institute, Griffith University, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Mol Carcinog 53:E36-44. 2014..Two colon cancer cell lines (SW480 and SW48) and one normal colonic epithelial cell line (FHC) were recruited...
- [Finite element analysis of lumbar fusion and Topping-off surgery]Hai Ying Liu
Department of Spinal Surgery, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing 100044, China
Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao 45:723-7. 2013To evaluate the effect of Topping-off surgery on the adjacent segment of PLIF.
- LC-MS/MS Screening Strategy for Unknown Adducts to N-Terminal Valine in Hemoglobin Applied to Smokers and NonsmokersHenrik Carlsson
Department of Materials and Environmental Chemistry, Department of Analytical Chemistry, Stockholm University, SE 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Chem Res Toxicol 27:2062-70. 2014..developed for LC-MS/MS analysis of N-terminal valine adducts in Hb detached as fluorescein thiohydantoin (FTH) derivatives. The aim is to detect and identify a priori unknown Hb adducts in human blood samples...
- Indication of posterior lumbar interbody fusion for lumbar disc herniationIwao Satoh
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Minoh City Hospital, Osaka, Japan
J Spinal Disord Tech 19:104-8. 2006To examine whether lumbar disc herniation with massive extrusion and/or segmental instability can be an indicator for spinal fusion or not, by comparing the outcome of posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) and discectomy alone.
- Effects of respirator ambient air cooling on thermophysiological responses and comfort sensationsDavid M Caretti
a U S Army Edgewood Chemical Biological Center, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
J Occup Environ Hyg 11:269-81. 2014..Ambient air cooling was provided to respirators modified to blow air to the forehead (FHC) or to the forehead and the breathing zone (BZC) of a full-facepiece air-purifying respirator using a low-flow (45 ..
- Identification of H ferritin-dependent and independent genes in K562 differentiating cells by targeted gene silencing and expression profilingRoberta Misaggi
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, Magna Græcia University of Catanzaro, Salvatore Venuta Campus, Viale Europa, 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
Gene 535:327-35. 2014..We have recently demonstrated that the shRNA silencing of the ferritin heavy subunit (FHC) in a melanoma cell line is accompanied by a consistent modification of gene expression pattern leading to a ..
- Prediction of volatile anesthetic binding sites in proteinsJohn H Streiff
Departments of Anesthesiology and Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics and Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Biophys J 91:3405-14. 2006..binding sites and unoccupied pockets within the known structures of VAs bound to serum albumin, luciferase, and apoferritin. We found that both the number of protein atoms and methyl hydrogen, which are within approximately 8 A of a ..
- Experimental study of the spill and vaporization of a volatile liquidDouglas Bohl
Department of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering, Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY 13699, USA
J Hazard Mater 140:117-28. 2007..75 to 3.0m/s) also impacted the spreading of the spill. Planar laser-induced fluorescence (PLIF) was used to measure acetone vapor concentrations during the transient pool spreading and vaporization in a window ..
- Plant ferritin--a source of iron to prevent its deficiencyMagdalena Zielińska-Dawidziak
Department of Food Biochemistry and Analysis, Faculty of Food Science and Nutrition, Poznan University of Life Sciences, 60 623 Poznań, Poland
Nutrients 7:1184-201. 2015..This protein captures huge amounts of iron ions inside the apoferritin shell and isolates them from the environment...
- Deep vein thrombosis due to migrated graft bone after posterior lumbosacral interbody fusion. Case reportHisashi Yoshimoto
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Eniwa Hospital, Eniwa, Japan
J Neurosurg Spine 6:47-51. 2007..Her symptoms were successfully improved after posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) at L5-S1; however, notable swelling in her left leg suddenly developed 2 days postoperatively...
- Absolute rate coefficient of the gas-phase reaction between hydroxyl radical (OH) and hydroxyacetone: investigating the effects of temperature and pressureNgoc Duy Vu
The Department of Chemistry, University of Leuven, Celestijnenlaan 200F, 3001 Leuven, Belgium
J Phys Chem A 117:12208-15. 2013..the temperature range 290-500 K using pulsed-laser photolysis coupled to pulsed-laser induced fluorescence (PLP-PLIF). Hydroxyl radical was generated by pulsed photolysis of H2O2 at 248 nm...
- Investigation of optical fibers for high-repetition-rate, ultraviolet planar laser-induced fluorescence of OHPaul S Hsu
Spectral Energies, LLC, 5100 Springfield Street, Suite 301, Dayton, Ohio 45431, USA
Appl Opt 52:3108-15. 2013..UV-grade fused-silica fibers being used for hydroxyl radical (OH) planar laser-induced fluorescence (PLIF) imaging...
- [Comparative study of dynamic neutralization system and posterior lumbar interbody fusion in treating lumbar degenerative disease]Bing Yang
No 1 Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Hospital of Orthopedics of Yulin, Yulin Guangxi, 537000, P R China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 27:140-4. 2013To compare the short-term effectiveness between dynamic neutralization system (Dynesys) and posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) in the treatment of lumbar degenerative disease.
- FTH1 binds to Daxx and inhibits Daxx-mediated cell apoptosisFang Liu
Department of Clinical Laboratory, the First People s Hospital in Jiangbei District, Chongqing 400020, China
Mol Biol Rep 39:873-9. 2012..One of the candidate proteins was identified as ferritin, heavy polypeptide 1(FTH1)...
- Nanoparticle-based immunosensor with apoferritin templated metallic phosphate label for quantification of phosphorylated acetylcholinesteraseDan Du
Key Laboratory of Pesticide and Chemical Biology of Ministry of Education, College of Chemistry, Central China Normal University, Wuhan 430079, PR China
Biosens Bioelectron 26:3857-63. 2011..OP-AChE adducts by metal chelation with phospho-moieties, which was selectively recognized by lead phosphate-apoferritin labeled anti-AChE antibody (LPA-anti-AChE)...
- Extension CT scan: its suitability for assessing fusion after posterior lumbar interbody fusionHiroaki Nakashima
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Nagoya University Hospital, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai, Shouwa ku, Nagoya, Aichi 466 8560, Japan
Eur Spine J 20:1496-502. 2011Posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) is a popular procedure for treating lumbar canal stenosis with spinal instability, and several reports concerning fusion assessment methods exist...
- Differential epithelial and stromal protein profiles in keratoconus and normal human corneasR Joseph
Department of Vision Sciences, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 924 18th Street South, Birmingham, AL 35294 4390, USA
Exp Eye Res 92:282-98. 2011..albumin, keratin 5, L-lactate dehydrogenase and annexin A8) and down-regulation of four proteins (FTH1 [Ferritin heavy chain protein 1], calpain small subunit 1, heat shock protein beta 1 and annexin A2)...
- Inhibition of constitutively activated nuclear factor-kappaB induces reactive oxygen species- and iron-dependent cell death in cutaneous T-cell lymphomaMichael K Kiessling
Tumor Immunology Program, German Cancer Research Center DFKZ, Heidelberg, Germany
Cancer Res 69:2365-74. 2009..We show that inhibition of constitutively active NF-kappaB causes down-regulation of ferritin heavy chain (FHC) that leads to an increase of free intracellular iron, which, in turn, induces massive generation of ..
- Characterization of feline serum ferritin-binding proteins: the presence of a novel ferritin-binding protein as an inhibitory factor in feline ferritin immunoassayHirofumi Sakamoto
Laboratory of Veterinary Biochemistry, Kitasato University, Aomori, Japan
Biometals 22:793-802. 2009..found that feline serum more strongly inhibits the detection of canine liver ferritin by immunoassay than its apoferritin; putative FBPs probably conceal ferritin epitopes detected by anti-ferritin antibodies...
- [Surgical management of the failed back surgery syndrome (FBSS) using posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) with posterior transpedicular stabilization]V Kat'uch
Neurochirurgická klinika LF UPJS a FNLP Kosice, Slovenska republika
Rozhl Chir 89:450-8. 2010One of possibility of treatment FBSS is posterior lumbar interbody fusion, PLIF with posterior transpedicular stabilization.
- Role of H-1 and H-2 subunits of soybean seed ferritin in oxidative deposition of iron in proteinJianjun Deng
CAU and ACC Joint Laboratory of Space Food, College of Food Science and Nutritional Engineering, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100083, China
J Biol Chem 285:32075-86. 2010..The data show that, upon aerobic addition of 48-200 Fe(2+)/shell to apoferritin, iron oxidation occurs only at the diiron ferroxidase center of recombinant H1 (rH-1)...
- Clinical outcomes of posterior lumbar interbody fusion for lumbar foraminal stenosis: preoperative diagnosis and surgical strategyKei Watanabe
Niigata Central Hospital, 1 18Shinkocho, Chuoku, Niigata City, Niigata, Japan
J Spinal Disord Tech 24:137-41. 2011A retrospective case study of the use of posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) to treat lumbar foraminal stenosis (LFS).
- Evaluation of keratic precipitates and corneal endothelium in Fuchs' heterochromic cyclitis by in vivo confocal microscopyA Labbe
Department of Ophthalmology, Quinze Vingts National Ophthalmology Hospital, Paris, France
Br J Ophthalmol 93:673-7. 2009To analyse keratic precipitates in Fuchs' heterochromic cyclitis (FHC) by in-vivo confocal microscopy (IVCM).
- Downregulation of ferritin heavy chain increases labile iron pool, oxidative stress and cell death in cardiomyocytesShigemiki Omiya
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Mol Cell Cardiol 46:59-66. 2009b>Ferritin heavy chain (FHC) protein was significantly reduced in murine failing hearts following left coronary ligation or thoracic transverse aortic constriction...
- Transgenic mouse α- and β-cardiac myosins containing the R403Q mutation show isoform-dependent transient kinetic differencesSusan Lowey
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
J Biol Chem 288:14780-7. 2013Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) is a major cause of sudden cardiac death in young athletes...
- Clinical outcomes and considerations of the lumbar interbody fusion technique for lumbar disk disease in adolescentsDae Woong Kwon
Department of Spinal Neurosurgery, Spine and Spinal Cord Institute, Gangnam Severance Hospital, Yonsei University Collegeof Medicine, 712, Eonjuro, Gangnam Gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Childs Nerv Syst 29:1339-44. 2013The posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) and transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF) techniques are commonly used surgical methods for wide indications such as degeneration or trauma...
- Agglomeration of proteins in acoustically levitated dropletsFriedmar Delissen
BAM Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing, Richard Willstaetter Str 11, 12489, Berlin, Germany
Anal Bioanal Chem 392:161-5. 2008..The microfocus beamline at BESSY was used as a source of intense X-ray radiation. Apoferritin (APO) was used as a model protein, and its aggregation behavior in a levitator was followed from a diluted ..
- De novo design of N-(pyridin-4-ylmethyl)aniline derivatives as KDR inhibitors: 3D-QSAR, molecular fragment replacement, protein-ligand interaction fingerprint, and ADMET predictionYanmin Zhang
Laboratory of molecular design and drug discovery, School of Science, China Pharmaceutical University, 24 Tongjiaxiang, Nanjing 210009, China
Mol Divers 16:787-802. 2012..screened using Glide (docking) and further evaluated with CoMFA prediction, protein-ligand interaction fingerprint (PLIF) and ADMET analysis...
- HLA-B27 homodimers and free H chains are stronger ligands for leukocyte Ig-like receptor B2 than classical HLA class IJoanna Giles
Medical Research Council Human Immunology Unit, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DS, United Kingdom
J Immunol 188:6184-93. 2012..forms classical heterotrimeric complexes with β(2)-microglobulin (β2m) and peptide and (β2m free) free H chain (FHC) forms including B27 dimers (termed B27(2)) at the cell surface...
- Posterior lumbar interbody fusion for the management of spondylolisthesisP Devkota
Department of Orthopaedics and Trauma Surgery, Gandaki Medical College Teaching Hospital Charak Hospital, Pokhara, Nepal
Nepal Med Coll J 13:46-9. 2011..There are several methods of treatment and posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) is one of them...
- Cross-bridge kinetics in myofibrils containing familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy R58Q mutation in the regulatory light chain of myosinP Mettikolla
Department of Molecular Biology and Immunology and Center for Commercialization of Fluorescence Technologies, University of North Texas, Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
J Theor Biol 284:71-81. 2011Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) is a heritable form of cardiac hypertrophy caused by single-point mutations in genes encoding sarcomeric proteins including ventricular myosin regulatory light chain (RLC)...
- Artificial luminescent protein as a bioprobe for time-gated luminescence bioimagingXiangyou Liu
Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Dalian 116023, China
Chem Commun (Camb) 47:8139-41. 2011An artificial luminescent protein, apoferritin-encapsulated luminescent europium complex, has been designed/fabricated and displays good biocompatibility and long-lived luminescence, which means it can be used as a bioprobe to image ..
- En bloc partial laminectomy and posterior lumbar interbody fusion in foraminal spinal stenosisEung Ha Kim
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Soonchunhyang University College of Medicine, Bucheon, Korea
Asian Spine J 3:66-72. 2009..A retrospective study...
- Single molecule kinetics in the familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy D166V mutant mouse heartPriya Muthu
Department of Molecular Biology and Immunology and Center for Commercialization of Fluorescence Technologies, University of North Texas, Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 48:989-98. 2010One of the sarcomeric mutations associated with a malignant phenotype of familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) is the D166V point mutation in the ventricular myosin regulatory light chain (RLC) encoded by the MYL2 gene...
- Domain interactions in E. coli SRP: stabilization of M domain by RNA is required for effective signal sequence modulation of NG domainN Zheng
Molecular Biophysics Program, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas 75235, USA
Mol Cell 1:79-87. 1997The E. coli protein, Fth, binds to 4.5S RNA through its M domain to form the signal recognition particle (SRP). The other domain of Fth (NG) is a GTPase, which binds and is coordinately regulated by its receptor, FtsY...
- Asymmetric septal hypertrophy in heterozygous cMyBP-C null miceLucie Carrier
INSERM U582, Institut de Myologie, Batiment Babinski, GH Pitié Salpétrière, Paris, France
Cardiovasc Res 63:293-304. 2004Cardiac myosin-binding protein C (cMyBP-C) gene mutations are involved in familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC)...
- Posterior lumbar interbody fusion for degenerative disc disease using a minimally invasive B-twin expandable spinal spacer: a multicenter studyYoram Folman
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hillel Yaffe Medical Center, Hadera, Israel
J Spinal Disord Tech 16:455-60. 2003..patients with chronic low back pain due to degenerative disc disease, treated by posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) using a newly designed ESS...
- A mutant tropomyosin that causes hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is expressed in vivo and associated with an increased calcium sensitivityR Bottinelli
Institute of Human Physiology, University of Pavia, Italy
Circ Res 82:106-15. 1998Mutant contractile protein genes that cause familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) are presumed to encode mutant proteins that interfere with contractile function...
- The Ferritin-Heavy-Polypeptide-Like-17 (FTHL17) gene encodes a ferritin with low stability and no ferroxidase activity and with a partial nuclear localizationPaola Ruzzenenti
Department of Molecular and Translational Medicine, University of Brescia, Viale Europa 11, Brescia, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1850:1267-73. 2015Three functional ferritin genes have been identified so far in mammals, and they encode the cytosolic Heavy (FTH) and Light chain (FTL) and the mitochondrial ferritin...
- Arrhythmia Mechanisms in Sarcomeric CardiomyopathiesBjorn C Knollmann; Fiscal Year: 2012Project Summary/Abstract Familial Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (FHC) is an autosomal-dominant disease resulting from mutations in genes encoding sarcomeric proteins...
- Molecular mechanics of mutant cardiac myosinJeffrey R Moore; Fiscal Year: 2013..The cardiac hypertrophy, myofibrillar disarray and sudden death caused by familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) results from autosomal dominant mutations in sarcomeric proteins...
- Myosin ELC, a novel therapeutic target for FHCDanuta Szczesna-Cordary; Fiscal Year: 2013..by the recent identification of several missense mutations shown to cause Familial Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (FHC), a genetic disorder manifested by ventricular enlargement, myofilament disarray and sudden cardiac death (SCD)...
- Functional Consequences of FHC-linked RLC Mutations.Danuta Szczesna-Cordary; Fiscal Year: 2012Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) is one of the pathological compensatory manifestations found in the heart resulting from its inability to adequately pump blood, thus leading to hypertrophy and often to premature cardiac death...
- The Role of the Proteasome in Troponin related CardiomyopathiesALDRIN VERNO GOMES; Fiscal Year: 2013..Mutations in cardiac troponin T (cTnT) are responsible for ~7% of all familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) cases...
- Single Cross-Bridge Kinetics in Transgenic Mouse Hearts Expressing FHC MutationsDanuta Szczesna-Cordary; Fiscal Year: 2012Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) is an autosomal dominant disease originating from mutations in genes that encode for the major contractile proteins of the heart, including the ventricular myosin regulatory (RLC) and essential ..
- Ferritin: Protein/mRNA/DNA in Fe/O Regulation/MetabolismELIZABETH C contact THEIL; Fiscal Year: 2010..Coregulation of ferritin mRNAs, FTH and FTL, with iron trafficking proteins depends on a group of mRNA structures, the iron regulatory element (IRE) ..
- A TG model for functional effects of FHC mutations in b-cardiac myosinSusan Lowey; Fiscal Year: 2013..Mutations in the ?-myosin heavy chain (MHC) are among the major causes of familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC), a relatively widespread heart disease in humans...
- Integrative Approach to Divergent Remodeling in Thin Filament CardiomyopathiesJil C Tardiff; Fiscal Year: 2013..the known sarcomeric proteins have been implicated as causal for the disease and the familial form of the disorder (FHC) is thought to comprise over 50% of all cases...
- In Situ Sensing of Single Myosin Function in Hypertrophy DiseaseThomas P Burghardt; Fiscal Year: 2013..cardiac myosin heavy chain (MHC) and both of its light chains (MLCs) harbor familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC)-linked mutations. MHC mutants are hypothesized to disrupt specific transduction pathways...
- Structural Comparison of Strongly-Bound Actomyosin StatesDorit Hanein; Fiscal Year: 2009..One prime cause of heart disease is familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC), which is an inherited cardiac disease that frequently results in sudden death of young and otherwise healthy ..
- INTEGRATED MECHANISMS OF CARDIAC MALADAPTATIONR John Solaro; Fiscal Year: 2013..activation via AMPK/Paki (with emphasis on the evolution and rescue of familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC);and via PKCe, and with emphasis on dilated cardiomyopathy, novel phosphorylation sites and on rescue...
- Troponin and myosin in regulation of muscle contraction and heart diseaseZenon Grabarek; Fiscal Year: 2012A number of familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) causing mutations have been identified in the regulatory proteins, tropomyosin (Tm) and troponin (Tn)...
- Myosin structural and kinetic mechanisms that differentiate fast and slow muscle Douglas M Swank; Fiscal Year: 2012..regarding how at least 8 different mutations in the converter cause either familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) or dilated cardiaomyopathy (DCM)...
- Spectroscopy of myosin light chain domain dynamicsOsha Roopnarine; Fiscal Year: 2010..how this is altered in muscle disease, focusing on LC mutations that cause familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC)...
- Sarcomere Length Shortening and the Destabilization of the Ca2+ Control System inLeighton T Izu; Fiscal Year: 2012..Mice expressing genetically defined familiar hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) and spontaneous hypertensive rats will be examined...
- Molecular dynamics studies of muscle proteinsEDWARD F PATE; Fiscal Year: 2010..in the coiled-coil regulatory protein, tropomyosin, which are associated with familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC)...
- A molecular study linking cTnT dynamics to genetic cardiomyopathyJil C Tardiff; Fiscal Year: 2013..this regulates the biophysics and physiology of the thin filament control of cardiac function in wildtype and known FHC-linked TNT1 mutations...
- TROPOMYOSIN AND THE REGULATION OF MUSCLE CONTRACTIONSHERWIN LEHRER; Fiscal Year: 2009..g., familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) resulting from mutations in Tm, TnT, Tnl and myosin...
- Ultrananocrystalline Diamond Microarray Biosensor for Neurochemical DetectionPrabhu U Arumugam; Fiscal Year: 2012..neurophysiological microelectrodes and instrumentation company, the expected annual sales for this product at FHC Inc...
- Animal models to study iron homeostasisRuben Vidal; Fiscal Year: 2010..promoters, these models will allow us to study the consequences of a loss of the ferroxidase activity of ferritin (Fth1 gene) and/or the loss of the iron storage function of ferritin (Ftl gene) in discrete cell populations in the CNS ..
- EFFECT OF CARDIOMYOPATHY MUTATIONS ON MYOSIN AND ACTINKATHLEEN TRYBUS; Fiscal Year: 2004..the beta-cardiac myosin heavy chain and in alpha-cardiac actin lead to either familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) or dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM)...
- FHC Tn Mutations: Functional Consequences & MechanismsJames Potter; Fiscal Year: 2005Familial Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (FHC) is an autosomal dominant disease, which has been associated with mutations in almost every major cardiac sarcomeric protein...
- Conjugation of anticancer drugsSwati Nagar; Fiscal Year: 2010..synthesize the major metabolites of RSV and test their role in cell proliferation with colon cancer cell lines (FHC controls, Caco-2, HT-29, and HCT-116) as our model...
- Functional consequences of FHC mutations in cardiac MyBPCJULIAN STELZER; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- ALTERED CALCIUM REGULATION IN CARDIOMYOPATHIESP Chase; Fiscal Year: 2004..protein troponin I (cTnI) have been identified as causal in some forms of familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC)...
- LENGTH REGULATION OF CARDIAC CONTRACTIONDonald Martyn; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will also determine how phosphorylation effects are altered by FHC mutations of cTnI and how they influence stretch activation of cardiac muscle...
- Mechanisms of Tropomyosin Induced HypertrophyDavid Wieczorek; Fiscal Year: 2006..thin filament protein, cause both skeletal and cardiac myopathies, including familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC). We have deve oped novel mouse mode s whereby these mutations induce concentric or dilated cardiomyopathy...
- Effects of opiates on neurons and their impact on HIV neuropathologyOlimpia Meucci; Fiscal Year: 2013..e. their ability to regulate the protein ferritin heavy chain (FHC) in neurons - andits contribution to HIV neuropathology...
- Structure Comparison Of Strongly bound Actomyosin StatesDorit Hanein; Fiscal Year: 2005..by the fact that myosin mutations have been implicated for example in familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC), the most common cause of sudden death in otherwise healthy young individuals...
- IL-21 dependent immunity to microsporidiaIMTIAZ AHMED KHAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Preliminary studies from our laboratory suggest that FTH (Follicular T helper cells) subset of CD4+ T cells, main producers of IL- 21 play a pivotal role in the induction ..
- Deep Brain Stimulation Array for NeuromodulationRIO VETTER; Fiscal Year: 2007..NeuroNexus is leading this project in collaboration with FHC, the University of Michigan and consultants from the Cleveland Clinic...
- Iron Trafficking to Ribonucleotide ReductasesDANIEL KOSMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..This pool is sampled by membrane permeant chelators, the iron response element binding protein (IRP1), and apoferritin. We have shown that removing iron from this pool by either chelation or over-production of ferritin inhibits ..
- CLUSTERIN AND RENAL INJURYMark Rosenberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..to in situ formed immune complexes (nephrotoxic serum nephritis) and the other to circulating immune complexes (apoferritin GN)...
- The Role of Sphingolipids in Inflammatory Bowel DiseaseASHLEY SNIDER; Fiscal Year: 2009..newly developed SK1 inhibitors as to their ability to inhibit TNFa activation of SK1 and downstream signaling in FHC human colon epithelial cells. We will examine these downstream effects by Real Time-RTPCR and western blotting...
- Software Guided Localization of the Subthalamic Nucleus During DBS SurgeriesPeter Novak; Fiscal Year: 2010..real time analytical tool that is integrated into a currently available clinical electrophysiological workstation (FHC's Guideline 4000) for use in current functional neurosurgical procedures...
- High throughput screening of a general anesthetic binding siteRoderic Eckenhoff; Fiscal Year: 2009..screen at NCGC for general anesthetics based on binding to a well characterized site in a GABAA mimic, apoferritin. The assay is based on competition of compounds with enhanced 1-aminoanthracene fluorescence...
- PROPHYLAXIS OF FETAL HEMATOPOIETIC CELLS FOR FIVAyalew Mergia; Fiscal Year: 2002..We are poised to overcome these impediments by using a virtually limitless source of fetal hematopoietic cells (FHC) which are rich in immunologically-naive stem cells...
- CAGED METAL CLUSTER AND COLLOID IMMUNOPROBESRichard Powell; Fiscal Year: 1993..encapsulated within coordination shells of stabilizing ligands, the naturally occurring hollow protein apoferritin, or new synthetic inclusion molecules...
- MOLECULAR MECHANICS OF FHC & DCM MUTANT ACTOMYOSINDavid Warshaw; Fiscal Year: 2004..mutations to cardiac actin and myosin's molecular structure have on patients afflicted with familial hypertrophic (FHC) and dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM)...
- Myosin structural regions that determine muscle shorten*DOUGLAS SWANK; Fiscal Year: 2006..highly informative as the converter is a hotspot for mutations that lead to familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC). FHC is an inherited genetic disease that is a major cause of sudden death among young adults...
- CARDIAC TROPONIN T MUTATIONS AND HEART FUNCTIONAmy Sehnert; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is clinically relevant to the human genetic disorder, familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC)...
- High Resolution Structural Biology of the SRP GTPaseDOUGLAS FREYMANN; Fiscal Year: 2005..investigation to address its structural basis are proposed: First, the structures of the apo- and nucleotide-bound Fth GTPase 'NG' domain are being determined at -~ 1.0 A resolution...
- INTERDOMAIN COMMUNICATION IN E. COLI SRPElena Falkovskaia; Fiscal Year: 2003..This aim will be accomplished using a combination of mutagenesis of Fth for labeling purposes, steady-state and time-resolved fluorescence spectroscopy to assess the change in the ..
- MLC2V AND 2A IN CARDIAC DEVELOPMENT AND DISEASEJu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2003..role in ventricular papillary muscle and cardiac function, and impairment of MLC2v phosphorylation will result in FHC. The overall goals of the proposal are to understand the functional differences between two cardiac MLC2 isoforms, ..
- INTRINSIC PROBES OF SMOOTH MUSCLE MYOSIN DYNAMICSChristopher Berger; Fiscal Year: 2009..For example, FHC (familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy) is an inherited, often lethal disease caused by point mutations at key ..
- Deep Brain Microelectrode Array For Functional NeurosurgeryJAMILLE HETKE; Fiscal Year: 2006..project, NeuroNexus Technologies, a leading supplier of microfabricated, microscale neural probes, will team with FHC, Inc...
- Views and Approaches Toward Research Integrity Among IRBsRobert Klitzman; Fiscal Year: 2007..We anticipate that the data from this study will serve as a significant foundation in assisting future research and the improvement of Rl through guidelines, education and other capacity building. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Rotation of Single Cross-Bridge in Skeletal Muscle FiberJulian Borejdo; Fiscal Year: 2007..This is expected to provide definitive answers about the mechanism of contraction of skeletal muscle. ..
- Anesthetic Bound Calmodulin:Structure Dynamics FunctionJohn Streiff; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Gordon Research Conference:Cardiac Regulatory MechanismsR Solaro; Fiscal Year: 2002..Much of the time of the meeting is devoted to debates and discussion. Presentations of late breaking science from young investigator will be added from the posters submitted to the meeting. ..
- Cellular Mechanisms in the Pathogenesis of FHCJIL TARDIFF; Fiscal Year: 2006..Familial Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (FHC) is a primary myocardial disorder characterized by a striking degree of both genetic and clinical heterogeneity...
- Improved Confocal Microscope: Detection & FunctionalityJulian Borejdo; Fiscal Year: 2005..To facilitate a future commercialization, a microscope maintenance/modification company that is interested in distribution of the product version of the modification package has been identified. ..
- Pak1 Regulation of Cardiac Protein PhosphorylationKatherine Sheehan; Fiscal Year: 2005..Together these data will provide evidence for a novel pathway of activation of PP2A and a role for concomitant regulation of contractile and intracellular Ca2+ handling. ..
- IMAGING MELANIN IN MELANOCYTESJulian Borejdo; Fiscal Year: 2003..The modifications are relatively simple, inexpensive and not tied to a specific brand of instrument. It is expected that the method will find application in a small diagnostic laboratory. ..
- Views of Privacy of Genetic InformationRobert Klitzman; Fiscal Year: 2005..The findings of this study can enhance further policy, professional and public education, and future research in this area. ..