Gene Symbol: FRMD7
Description: FERM domain containing 7
Alias: NYS, NYS1, XIPAN, FERM domain-containing protein 7
Publications140 found, 100 shown here
- The nystagmus-associated FRMD7 gene regulates neuronal outgrowth and developmentJoanne Betts-Henderson
MRC Toxicology Unit, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Hum Mol Genet 19:342-51. 2010Mutations in the gene encoding FERM domain-containing 7 protein (FRMD7) are recognized as an important cause of X-linked idiopathic infantile nystagmus (IIN)...
- A novel mutation in FRMD7 causing X-linked idiopathic congenital nystagmus in a large familyXiang He
Department of Genetics, National Research Institute for Family Planning, Beijing, China
Mol Vis 14:56-60. 2008..To identify the gene responsible for causing an X-linked idiopathic congenital nystagmus (XLICN) in a six-generation Chinese family...
- Expression and localization of FRMD7 in human fetal brain, and a role for F-actinJiali Pu
Department of Neurology Key Laboratory of Cancer Prevention and Intervention, China National Ministry of Education, 2nd Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Mol Vis 17:591-7. 2011FERM domain containing 7 (FRMD7) is a member of the four-point-one, ezrin, radixin, moesin (FERM) family of proteins, and has been reported to cause X-linked idiopathic congenital nystagmus (ICN), a disease which affects ocular motor ..
- Five novel mutations of the FRMD7 gene in Chinese families with X-linked infantile nystagmusNingdong Li
Tianjin Eye Hospital, Tianjin Eye Institute, Tianjin, People s Republic of China
Mol Vis 14:733-8. 2008..Recently, mutations in FRMD7 were found to be responsible for X-linked idiopathic infantile nystagmus ...
- A novel splicing mutation of the FRMD7 gene in a Chinese family with X-linked congenital nystagmusYing Hu
Department of Ophthalmology, The 2nd Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
Mol Vis 18:87-91. 2012..To identify a potential pathogenic mutation in a four-generation Chinese family with X-linked congenital nystagmus (XLCN)...
- Allelic variation of the FRMD7 gene in congenital idiopathic nystagmusJames E Self
Clinical Neurosciences Division, University of Southampton, Southampton, England
Arch Ophthalmol 125:1255-63. 2007To perform a genotype-phenotype correlation study in an X-linked congenital idiopathic nystagmus pedigree (pedigree 1) and to assess the allelic variance of the FRMD7 gene in congenital idiopathic nystagmus.
- X-linked idiopathic infantile nystagmus associated with a missense mutation in FRMD7Alan Shiels
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Mol Vis 13:2233-41. 2007..Here we map and identify the genetic mutation underlying X-linked idiopathic infantile nystagmus (XL-IIN) segregating in two Caucasian-American families...
- A novel frameshift mutation in FRMD7 causing X-linked idiopathic congenital nystagmusXiang He
Department of Genetics, National Research Institute for Family Planning, Beijing, China
Genet Test 12:607-13. 2008..ICN (XLICN) with incomplete penetrance in females is the most common inheritance form, and FERM domain containing (FRMD7) mutation is the major reason for XLICN families...
- Mutations in FRMD7, a newly identified member of the FERM family, cause X-linked idiopathic congenital nystagmusPatrick Tarpey
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK
Nat Genet 38:1242-4. 2006..We identified 22 mutations in FRMD7 in 26 families with X-linked idiopathic congenital nystagmus...
- Skewed X inactivation in an X linked nystagmus family resulted from a novel, p.R229G, missense mutation in the FRMD7 geneY Kaplan
Department of Neurology, Gaziosmanpasa University, Medical Faculty, Tokat, Turkey
Br J Ophthalmol 92:135-41. 2008This study aimed to identify the underlying genetic defect of a large Turkish X linked nystagmus (NYS) family.
- Novel mutations of the FRMD7 gene in X-linked congenital motor nystagmusBaorong Zhang
Department of Neurology, Second Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Mol Vis 13:1674-9. 2007..Recently, the FRMD7 gene mutation has been identified as the genetic cause of CMN...
- Phenotypical characteristics of idiopathic infantile nystagmus with and without mutations in FRMD7Shery Thomas
Ophthalmology Group, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Brain 131:1259-67. 2008..The familial form is most commonly X-linked. We recently found mutations in a novel gene FRMD7 (Xq26...
- FRMD7 mutations in Chinese families with X-linked congenital motor nystagmusQingjiong Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Mol Vis 13:1375-8. 2007..To identify mutations causing X-linked congenital motor nystagmus (XL-CMN) in Chinese families...
- Investigation of the gene mutations in two Chinese families with X-linked infantile nystagmusNingdong Li
Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin, The People s Republic of China
Mol Vis 17:461-8. 2011..infantile nystagmus in two Chinese families (NYS003 and NYS008), of which the NYS003 family was assigned to the FERM domain-containing 7 (FRMD7) gene linked region in our previous study, and no mutations were found by direct sequencing.
- A gene for X-linked idiopathic congenital nystagmus (NYS1) maps to chromosome Xp11.4-p11.3A Cabot
Unite de Recherches sur les Handicaps Genetiques de l Enfant, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U393, Hopital des Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Am J Hum Genet 64:1141-6. 1999..In this article, we report the mapping of a gene for X-linked dominant CN (NYS1) to the short arm of chromosome X, by showing close linkage of NYS1 to polymorphic markers on chromosome Xp11.4-p11...
- Linkage analysis of two families with X-linked recessive congenital motor nystagmusXiangming Guo
Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology of the Ministry of Education, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
J Hum Genet 51:76-80. 2006..The nystagmus in these two families is linked to markers in the region of chromosome Xq23-q27, including DXS1001, DXS8009, and DXS1047. DXS1047 gave the highest lod score of 3.53 at theta = 0...
- Congenital nystagmus in a (46,XX/45,X) mosaic woman from a family with X-linked congenital nystagmusD H Gutmann
Department of Neurology, Hospital, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
Am J Med Genet 39:167-9. 1991..We report on a multigeneration family with X-linked congenital nystagmus with an affected woman. She was a (46,XX/45,X) mosaic. Magnetic resonance images of the brain of affected individuals were normal...
- Novel intragenic FRMD7 deletion in a pedigree with congenital X-linked nystagmusJohn H Fingert
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Ophthalmic Genet 31:77-80. 2010..To identify the disease-causing mutation in a large 3 generation pedigree of X-linked congenital nystagmus...
- Novel mutations in FRMD7 in X-linked congenital nystagmus. Mutation in brief #963. OnlineDaniel F Schorderet
Institut de Recherche en Ophtalmologie, Sion, Switzerland
Hum Mutat 28:525. 2007..The molecular characterization of NYS1 has recently been solved by Tarpey et al., who identified mutations in FRMD7, a gene of unclear function...
- Clinical and genetic analysis of a family with X-linked congenital nystagmus (NYS1)J B Kerrison
Wilmer Ophthalmological Institute, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD, USA
Ophthalmic Genet 22:241-8. 2001..To describe a family with X-linked congenital nystagmus and identify the genetic interval within which the gene is located...
- Improved access and quality of care after enrollment in the New York State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP)Peter G Szilagyi
Department of Pediatrics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, USA
Pediatrics 113:e395-404. 2004..As yet, little is known about the effectiveness of SCHIP on improving access and quality of care to enrollees...
- Active and passive immunization against Plasmodium yoelii sporozoitesY Charoenvit
Infectious Diseases Department, Naval Medical Research Institute, Bethesda, MD
Bull World Health Organ 68:26-32. 1990..yoelii CS protein could provide protection we established a passive transfer model. Passive transfer of NYS1, an IgG3 MAb against the P. yoelii CS protein, protected 100% of mice against challenge with 5000 P...
- Multidrug-resistant nontyphoidal Salmonella in New York state's foodborne diseases active surveillance network countiesSuzanne M Solghan
Emerging Infections Program, New York State Department of Health, Albany, New York 12237, USA
Foodborne Pathog Dis 7:167-73. 2010..report describes the prevalence and trends of NT Salmonella antimicrobial susceptibility within the New York State (NYS) Foodborne Diseases Active Surveillance Network (FoodNet)...
- Localization of CS and non-CS antigens in the sporogonic stages of Plasmodium yoeliiM Aikawa
Institute of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106
Bull World Health Organ 68:165-71. 1990..MAbs NYS1, NYS2, and NYS3 recognized different epitopes of the P...
- The West Nile virus encephalitis outbreak in the United States (1999-2000): from Flushing, New York, to beyond its bordersD S Asnis
Department of Internal Medicine, Flushing Hospital Medical Center, New York 11355, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 951:161-71. 2001..An investigation was conducted by the NewYork City (NYC) and New York State (NYS) health departments and the national Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)...
- Combination of pipemidic acid, colistin sodium methanesulfonate and nystatin may be less effective than nystatin alone for prevention of infection during chemotherapy-induced granulocytopenia in acute leukemiaK Sampi
Hematology Clinic, Saitama Cancer Center Hospital, Japan
Med Oncol Tumor Pharmacother 6:291-6. 1989..leukemia were randomized after each course of consolidation chemotherapy to receive a single agent of nystatin (NYS) (34 courses) versus a combination of NYS, PPA and CLM (36 courses)...
- Cancer incidence and asbestos in drinking water, Town of Woodstock, New York, 1980-1998Marilyn L Browne
New York State Department of Health, Bureau of Environmental and Occupational Epidemiology, 547 River St Rm 200, Troy, NY 12180, USA
Environ Res 98:224-32. 2005..The New York State (NYS) Department of Health established the Woodstock Asbestos Exposure Registry (WAER) in 1986 to monitor rates of ..
- Phlebotomine sand flies (Diptera: Psychodidae) associated with changing patterns in the transmission of the human cutaneous leishmaniasis in French GuianaFlorence Fouque
Cellule d Intervention Biologique d Urgence, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 102:35-40. 2007..b>Nys.) flaviscutellata was found harboring Leishmania (Viannia) guyanensis and Lu...
- Individual- and neighborhood-level characteristics associated with support of in-pharmacy vaccination among ESAP-registered pharmacies: pharmacists' role in reducing racial/ethnic disparities in influenza vaccinations in New York CityNatalie D Crawford
Department of Epidemiology, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
J Urban Health 88:176-85. 2011New York State (NYS) passed legislation authorizing pharmacists to administer immunizations in 2008. Racial/socioeconomic disparities persist in vaccination rates and vaccine-preventable diseases such as influenza...
- Potential cost savings with terrestrial rabies controlSergio Recuenco
Zoonoses Program, Bureau of Communicable Diseases Control, New York State Department of Health, Albany, New York 12237, USA
BMC Public Health 7:47. 2007..As an initial quantification of the potential cost savings for a control program, the collection of selected rabies cost data was pilot tested for five counties in New York State (NYS) in a three-year period.
- Risk-based cost modelling of oral rabies vaccine interventions for raccoon rabiesS Recuenco
School of Public Health, University at Albany SUNY, Rensselaer, NY, USA
Zoonoses Public Health 56:16-23. 2009..Bait purchase costs were lower using the modelled cost scenarios than a uniform baiting strategy, for both the NYS enzootic region and the Long Island epizootic zone. The proportion of savings for the NYS enzootic region was 29...
- Incidence of congenital hypothyroidism and congenital adrenal hyperplasia at Flushing Hospital Medical CenterLuis Font
Department of Pediatrics, Flushing Hospital Medical Center, Flushing, New York, USA
Bol Asoc Med P R 99:13-7. 2007..Infants who meet the above criteria on NBS for either condition must undergo confirmatory testing...
- A comparative analysis of effects of early versus late prenatal WIC participation on birth weight: NYS, 1995Victoria Lazariu-Bauer
New York State Department of Health, Division of Nutrition, Evaluation and Analysis Unit, New York, USA
Matern Child Health J 8:77-86. 2004This study examined the effects of prenatal participation in the NYS WIC Program on birth weight through enhanced control of selection bias and gestational age bias...
- Modelling dysregulated Na+ absorption in airway epithelial cells with mucosal nystatin treatmentAlessandra Livraghi
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Cystic Fibrosis Pulmonary Research and Treatment Center, CB 7248 Thurston Bowles Bldg, Room 6029, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 38:423-34. 2008..dysregulated Na(+) absorption by treating polarized normal human bronchial epithelial cells (HBEs) with nystatin (Nys), a polyene antibiotic that enables monovalent cations to permeate biological membranes...
- Physician and nurse staffing in nursing homes: the role and limitations of the Online Survey Certification and Reporting (OSCAR) systemZhanlian Feng
Center for Gerontology and Health Care Research, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 6:27-33. 2005..To assess nursing home staffing data reported in the Online Survey Certification and Reporting (OSCAR) system database for research and policy...
- Antifungal effects of Ellagitannin isolated from leaves of Ocotea odorifera (Lauraceae)Mirian Ueda Yamaguchi
Programa de Pós Graduação em Ciências Farmacêuticas, Universidade Estadual de Maringa, Maringa, PR, Brazil
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 99:507-14. 2011..the minimum inhibitory (MIC) and fungicidal concentrations, and to study the synergistic action with nystatin (NYS), amphotericin (AMP), and fluconazole (FLU)...
- Therapy of renal artery aneurysms in New York State: outcomes of patients undergoing open and endovascular repairSean J Hislop
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 23:194-200. 2009..among patients with a renal artery aneurysm (RAA) undergoing surgical or endovascular repair in New York State (NYS)...
- Caveolar endocytosis is critical for BK virus infection of human renal proximal tubular epithelial cellsTakahito Moriyama
Division of Nephrology and Kidney Disease Center, Department of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Virol 81:8552-62. 2007..We coincubated HRPTEC with BKV and the cholesterol-depleting agents methyl beta cyclodextrin (MBCD) and nystatin (Nys), drugs inhibiting caveolar endocytosis...
- Increased prevalence of renal and urinary tract anomalies in children with Down syndromeJuan C Kupferman
Divisions of Pediatric Nephrology and Hypertension, Maimonides Infants and Children s Hospital, Brooklyn, New York 11219, USA
Pediatrics 124:e615-21. 2009..The goal was to investigate the prevalence of renal and urinary tract anomalies (RUTAs) in a Down syndrome (DS) population...
- Evaluation of an in vitro assay aimed at measuring protective antibodies against sporozoitesS Mellouk
Malaria Program, Naval Medical Research Institute, Bethesda, MD 20889 5055
Bull World Health Organ 68:52-9. 1990..In contrast, we tested sera from mice that received NYS1, an IgG3 MAb, in passive transfer and were protected against challenge with 5000 sporozoites...
- Effects of nystatin, fluconazole and propolis on poly(methyl methacrylate) resin surfaceWander Jose da Silva
Department of Prosthodontic and Periodontology, Dental School of Piracicaba, State University of Campinas, Piracicaba, SP, Brazil
Braz Dent J 19:190-6. 2008..Therefore, the aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of fluconazole (FLU), nystatin (NYS) and propolis orabase gel (PRO) on poly (methyl-methacrylate) (PMMA) surfaces...
- Photostabilization of an entomopathogenic fungus using composite clay matricesEphraim Cohen
Department of Entomology, Faculty of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Quality Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel
Photochem Photobiol 77:180-5. 2003..The second step involved adsorption of the toxicologically safe anionic dyes fast green (FG) and naphthol yellow S (NYS) to the clay complexes...
- Impact of New York State's new licensure regulations for laboratory professionals on staffing of clinical laboratoriesIndra Balachandran
Cytotechnology Program, Department of Health Sciences, Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, 106 New Scotland Ave, Albany, NY 12208, USA
J Allied Health 38:e113-7. 2009..In New York State (NYS), licensing of laboratory professionals has been debated for over three decades and did not become law until 2005...
- Impact of economic policies on reducing tobacco use among Medicaid clients in New YorkJill M Murphy
Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, USA
Prev Med 37:68-70. 2003New York State (NYS) recently implemented Medicaid coverage for prescription pharmacologic adjuncts for cessation and a 55-cent excise tax on a pack of cigarettes...
- A survey of family care giving to elders in New York State: findings and implicationsHarvey A Farberman
Center for Aging Policy Research, School of Social Welfare, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8231, USA
Care Manag J 4:153-60. 2003..3% of all care giving. The annualized market contribution of all care givers to the NYS health care system is estimated at between $7.5 and $11.2 billion dollars...
- Assessment of PM10 enhancement by yellow sand on the air quality of Taipei, Taiwan in 2001Shuenn Chin Chang
Graduate Institute of Environmental Engineering, National Central University, 300 Jhongda Rd, Jhongli 32001, Taiwan, Republic of China
Environ Monit Assess 132:297-309. 2007..PM(10) enhancement, we adopted factor analysis to distinguish the yellow-sand (YS) periods from non-yellow-sand (NYS) periods based on air quality monitoring records...
- The epidemiology of extrahepatic biliary atresia in New York State, 1983-98Alissa R Caton
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University at Albany, NY 12144, USA
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 18:97-105. 2004..In this study, New York State (NYS) Congenital Malformations Registry data from 1983 to 1998 were compared with resident live birth certificate data...
- Cancer incidence among former Love Canal residentsLenore J Gensburg
University at Albany, State University of New York, Albany, New York, USA
Environ Health Perspect 117:1265-71. 2009..This seriously contaminated site came to public attention in 1978. Only one prior study examined cancer incidence in former residents of the Love Canal neighborhood (LC)...
- Use of a matching algorithm to evaluate hospital coronary artery bypass grafting performance as an alternative to conventional risk adjustmentLaurent G Glance
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, USA
Med Care 45:292-9. 2007..Although public reporting of hospital and physician performance is a cornerstone of the effort to improve health care quality, the optimal approach to risk adjustment is unknown...
- Impulse oscillometry and respiratory symptoms in World Trade Center responders, 6 years post-9/11Matthew P Mauer
Bureau of Occupational Health, Center for Environmental Health, New York State Department of Health, Flanigan Square, Troy, NY 12180, USA
Lung 188:107-13. 2010..study evaluated whether impulse oscillometry (IOS) testing revealed signs of respiratory disease in New York State (NYS) World Trade Center (WTC) responders in comparison with unexposed NYS employees...
- Evidence that nystatin channels form at the boundaries, not the interiors of lipid domainsCarl S Helrich
Turner Laboratory, Department of Physics, Goshen College, Goshen, Indiana, USA
Biophys J 91:1116-27. 2006Nystatin (nys) is an antifungal agent that preferentially forms ion channels in membranes containing the sterol, ergosterol (erg)...
- Clinical and oculomotor characteristics of albinism compared to FRMD7 associated infantile nystagmusAnil Kumar
Ophthalmology Group, University of Leicester, Faculty of Medicine and Biological Sciences, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:2306-13. 2011..The present aim is to compare the oculomotor characteristics and other associated clinical features of albinism and a genetically homogenous group of IIN volunteers where the nystagmus is associated with FRMD7 mutations.
- Mortality among former Love Canal residentsLenore J Gensburg
University at Albany, State University of New York, Albany, New York, USA
Environ Health Perspect 117:209-16. 2009..This seriously contaminated site first came to public attention in 1978. No studies have examined mortality in the former residents of the Love Canal neighborhood (LC)...
- Cow-level evaluation of a kinetics ELISA with multiple cutoff values to detect fecal shedding of Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosis in New York State dairy cowsGerdien van Schaik
Department of Population Medicine and Diagnostic Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Prev Vet Med 72:221-36. 2005..In New York State (NYS), an unabsorbed kinetics ELISA (KELA) has been used extensively for Map control...
- Biomonitoring of perfluorochemicals in plasma of New York State personnel responding to the World Trade Center disasterLin Tao
Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, State University of New York at Albany, Empire State Plaza, P O Box 509, Albany, New York 12201 0509, USA
Environ Sci Technol 42:3472-8. 2008..In this pilot study, we analyzed 458 plasma samples of New York State (NYS) employees and National Guard personnel assigned to work in the vicinity of the WTC between September 11 and ..
- Fragmentation of care for frequently hospitalized urban residentsDeborah Schrag
Health Outcomes Research Group, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, and the Department of Health Policy, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10021, USA
Med Care 44:560-7. 2006..Fragmentation across sites of care may impede efficient healthcare delivery...
- Packaging and shipping capabilities of New York State hospital laboratories: a 3-year drill assessmentPaula A Pennell
New York State Department of Health, Bureau of Communicable Disease Control, Albany, NY 12237 0672, USA
Clin Lab Sci 24:14-21. 2011In a previous publication, we discussed the results of the 2006-2007 New York State (NYS) Hospital Laboratory Drill Series which emphasized the need for ongoing testing and evaluation of laboratory preparedness capabilities, particularly ..
- Exploratory assessment of sportfish consumption and polybrominated diphenyl ether exposure in New York State anglersHenry M Spliethoff
Division of Environmental Disease Prevention, Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, Empire State Plaza, PO Box 509, Albany, NY 12201, USA
Environ Res 108:340-7. 2008..sportfish consumption on body burden of nine polybrominated diphenyl ether (PBDE) congeners in 36 New York State (NYS) anglers...
- Neonatal size of low socio-economic status Black and White term births in Albany County, NYSM Denham
Department of Anthropology, State University of New York at Albany, 12222, USA
Ann Hum Biol 28:172-83. 2001..When controlling for social and biological variables, race and sex were significant predictors of body composition, but not body size. Interpretation of results and possible causal relationships are discussed...
- West Nile virus envelope protein glycosylation is required for efficient viral transmission by Culex vectorsRobin M Moudy
Arbovirus Laboratories, Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, 5668 State Farm Road, Slingerlands, NY 12159, USA
Virology 387:222-8. 2009..We mutated the E protein glycosylation site from NYS to IYS in a previously described full-length clone of the NY99 genotype of WNV (WT), resulting in a virus that ..
- The effect of message type on physician compliance with disease reporting requirementsIan Brissette
Bureau of Occupational Health, New York State Department of Health, Flanigan Square, 547 River St, Rm 230, Troy, NY 12180 2216, USA
Public Health Rep 121:703-9. 2006..This article describes an evaluation of the effects of using different appeals to promote complete and timely reporting to the New York State Occupational Lung Disease Registry (NYS OLDR).
- Epidemiology of bladder and cloacal exstrophies in New York State, 1983-1999Alissa R Caton
Congenital Malformations Registry, New York State Department of Health, Troy, New York, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 79:781-7. 2007..Disagreement exists as to whether they comprise two distinct disorders or are part of a spectrum. We examined epidemiologic trends and risk factors for BE and CE in a large population-based dataset...
- In vitro drug release study of methacrylate polymer blend system: effect of polymer blend composition, drug loading and solubilizing surfactants on drug releaseJun Li
Department of Periodontology, School of Dentistry, Center for Oral and Systemic Disease, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, 27599 7455, USA
J Mater Sci Mater Med 21:583-8. 2010..was to test the release of the antibacterial drug chlorhexidine diacetate (CHDA), the antifungal drug Nystatin (NYS) and the antiviral drug acyclovir (ACY) from polymer blends of poly(ethyl methacrylate) and poly(n-hexyl ..
- Measuring colorectal cancer care quality for the publicly insured in New York StateAmber H Sinclair
New York State Department of Health, Cancer Registry, Albany, NY, USA
Cancer Med 1:363-71. 2012..objective was to evaluate the quality of colorectal cancer care for publicly insured residents of New York State (NYS). NYS cancer registry data were linked to Medicaid and Medicare claims and hospital discharge data...
- Temporal and geographic variation in hip fracture rates for people aged 65 or older, New York State, 1985-1996Rudi Hiebert
NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York, New York, USA
Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 34:252-5. 2005We describe temporal and regional variation in hip fracture rates for people aged 65 or older in New York state (NYS) from 1985 to 1996. Our descriptive study was of all hip fracture cases admitted to NYS hospitals during that period...
- Religious exemptions for immunization and risk of pertussis in New York State, 2000-2011Aamer Imdad
SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Pediatrics 132:37-43. 2013The objective of this study was to describe rates of religious vaccination exemptions over time and the association with pertussis in New York State (NYS).
- Formulation design and optimization for the improvement of nystatin-loaded lipid intravenous emulsionDeiry Marín-Quintero
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Pharm Sci 102:4015-23. 2013Nystatin (NYS) is a polyene macrolide with broad antifungal spectrum restricted to topical use owing to its toxicity upon systemic administration...
- A novel missense mutation in the FERM domain containing 7 (FRMD7) gene causing X-linked idiopathic congenital nystagmus in a Chinese familyZhirong Liu
Department of Neurology, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, China
Mol Vis 19:1834-40. 2013..Thus far, the disease gene has been identified as the FERM domain containing 7 (FRMD7) gene...
- Molecular taxonomy of Anopheles (Nyssorhynchus) benarrochi (Diptera: Culicidae) and malaria epidemiology in southern Amazonian PeruJan E Conn
Griffin Laboratory, The Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, Slingerlands, NY 12159, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 88:319-24. 2013..Most specimens were either Anopheles (Nyssorhynchus) benarrochi B or An. (Nys.) rangeli, confirmed by polymerase chain reaction-restriction fragment length polymorphism-internal transcribed ..
- HPLC and chemometric methods for the simultaneous determination of miconazole nitrate and nystatinHala M Heneedak
Chemical Laboratory legitimate, Department of Forensic Medicine, Ismailia, Egypt
J Chromatogr Sci 50:855-61. 2012..applied to the simultaneous determination of the two nonsteroidal antifungal drugs, miconazole (MIC) and nystatin (NYS)...
- The importance of Anopheles albitarsis E and An. darlingi in human malaria transmission in Boa Vista, state of Roraima, BrazilMarinete Marins Povoa
Instituto Evandro Chagas, Ananindeua, PA, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 101:163-8. 2006..darlingi (p < 0.001). Other species sampled were An. (Nys.) braziliensis, An. (Ano.) peryassui, An. (Nys.) nuneztovari, An. (Nys.) oswaldoi s.l., and An. (Nys.) triannulatus...
- Isolation of Bunyamwera serogroup viruses (Bunyaviridae, Orthobunyavirus) in New York stateKiet A Ngo
The Arbovirus Laboratories, Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, 5668 State Farm Rd Slingerlands, NY 12159, USA
J Med Entomol 43:1004-9. 2006During routine arbovirus surveillance from 2000 to 2004 in New York state (NYS), 14,788 mosquito pools making up 36 species and nine genera were inoculated onto Vero cell cultures to test for abroad spectrum of viruses...
- West Nile virus surveillance in mosquitoes in New York State, 2000-2004Gary Lukacik
New York State Department of Health, Arthropod Borne Disease Program, Corning Tower, Room 632, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237, USA
J Am Mosq Control Assoc 22:264-71. 2006A West Nile virus (WNV) surveillance system was created and implemented in New York State (NYS) in 2000 and described previously (White et al. 2001)...
- Incrimination of Anopheles (Anopheles) intermedius Peryassú, An. (Nyssorhynchus) nuneztovari Gabaldón, An. (Nys.) oswaldoi Peryassú as natural vectors of Plasmodium falciparum in French GuianaIsabelle Dusfour
Unité d entomologie médicale, Institut Pasteur de Guyane, Cayenne Cedex, Guyane Fançaise
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 107:429-32. 2012..Further investigations on the behaviour and ecology of An. oswaldoi, An. intermedius and An. nuneztovari are necessary to determine their role in malaria transmission in French Guiana...
- Use of administrative data in efficient auditing of hospital-acquired surgical site infections, New York State 2009-2010Valerie B Haley
New York State Department of Health, Bureau of Healthcare Associated Infections, Albany, NY 12237, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 33:565-71. 2012To efficiently validate the accuracy of surgical site infection (SSI) data reported to the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) by New York State (NYS) hospitals.
- Genetic differentiation and diagnostic loci among Anopheles (Nyssorhynchus) rangeli, An. (Nys.) nuneztovari, and An. (Nys.) dunhami (Diptera: Culicidae) in the Brazilian AmazonDilcindo Barros Trindade
Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas de Amazĵnia, Manaus, Amazonas, CEP, Brazil
J Med Entomol 39:613-20. 2002..Anopheles rangeli probably diverged before the other two species separated. This is the first record of An. dunhami in Coari (Amazonas, Brazil) and only the third collection site of this species since its description in 1945...
- Development and characterization of a novel nystatin-loaded nanoemulsion for the buccal treatment of candidosis: ultrastructural effects and release studiesFrancisco Fernández Campos
Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology Deparment, Biopharmaceutical and Pharmacokinetics Unit, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Pharm Sci 101:3739-52. 2012..Nystatin (Nys) is one of the most prescribed drugs to treat this pathology, but because of its physicochemical properties, its ..
- Ricinus communis treatment of denture stomatitis in institutionalised elderlyL A P Pinelli
Departament of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Araraquara Dental School, Unesp Univ Estadual Paulista, Araraquara, SP, Brazil
J Oral Rehabil 40:375-80. 2013This study compared the effectiveness of Ricinus communis (RC) with Nystatin (NYS) and Miconazole (MIC) in the treatment of institutionalised elderly with denture stomatitis (DS)...
- Comparison of two measures of gestational age among low income births. The potential impact on health studies, New York, 2005Victoria Lazariu
Division of Nutrition, Bureau of Administration and Evaluation, Evaluation and Analysis Unit, New York State Department of Health, Office of Public Health, Albany, NY 12237, USA
Matern Child Health J 17:42-8. 2013..The data consisted of all New York State (NYS) (excluding New York City) singleton births in 2005 among mothers enrolled in the NYS Women Infants and Children (..
- An analysis of mercury exposures among the adult population in New York StateAlicia M Fletcher
New York State Department of Health, Bureau of Occupational Health and Injury Prevention, Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237, USA
J Community Health 38:529-37. 2013The extent of methylmercury exposures among adults in New York State (NYS) has not been well characterized...
- Trends in validity of central line-associated bloodstream infection surveillance data, New York State, 2007-2010Peggy Ann Hazamy
New York State Hospital Acquired Infection Reporting Program, New York State Department of Health, Western Regional Office, Buffalo, NY Electronic address
Am J Infect Control 41:1200-4. 2013In 2007, New York State (NYS) hospitals began mandatory public reporting of central line-associated bloodstream infection (CLABSI) data associated with intensive care units (ICUs) into the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN)...
- [Molecular genetics advances of congenital idiopathic nystagmus]Xiao Juan Wang
Clinical College of Ophthalmology of Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin Eye Hospital and Institute, Tianjin Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Tianjin 300020, China
Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi 47:1038-42. 2011..One causative gene for X-linked form has been identified (FRMD7, Xq26.2) through linkage analysis...
- Industrial-grade talc exposure and the risk of mesotheliomaBertram Price
Price Associates, Inc, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Crit Rev Toxicol 40:513-30. 2010..National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) in, 1980 for talc mined in northern New York State (NYS) by RT Vanderbilt Company (RTV)...
- Prolonged pursuit by optokinetic drum testing in asymptomatic female carriers of novel FRMD7 splice mutation c.1050 +5 G>AArif O Khan
Division of Pediatric Ophthalmology, King Khaled Eye Specialist Hospital, Riyadh 11462, Saudi Arabia
Arch Ophthalmol 129:936-40. 2011..To determine the genotype underlying suspected X-linked infantile nystagmus in a family and to correlate genotype with clinical examination in potential female carriers...
- Antifungal activity of miconazole against recent Candida strainsN Isham
Center for Medical Mycology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Mycoses 53:434-7. 2010..for MICON, amphotericin B (AM), caspofungin (CAS), clotrimazole (CLOT), FLU, itraconazole (ITRA), nystatin (NYS) and voriconazole (VOR). MICON demonstrated potent inhibitory activity against all of the strains tested...
- The risk of congenital malformations and other neonatal and maternal health outcomes among licensed cosmetologistsMichele L Herdt-Losavio
New York State Department of Health, Center for Environmental Health, Troy, New York 12180, USA
Am J Perinatol 26:625-31. 2009This study sought to determine if cosmetologists in New York State (NYS) have a higher risk of complications of labor/delivery or congenital malformations and poor neonatal health indicators among their offspring compared with Realtors ..
- Niosomes as a potential drug delivery system for increasing the efficacy and safety of nystatinMohammed Shafik El-Ridy
Pharmaceutical Technology Department, Pharmaceutical and Drug Industries Research Division, National Research Center NRC, Dokki, Cairo 12311, Egypt
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 37:1491-508. 2011..Nystatin (NYS) is a polyene antifungal drug that has been used in the treatment of cutaneous, vaginal and oral fungal infections ..
- Cytology workforce study: a report of current practices and trends in New York StateIndra Balachandran
Cytotechnology Program, Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Albany, NY, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 136:108-18. 2011A survey was conducted among 130 New York State (NYS) registered cytology laboratories to better understand current and future changes in the practice of cytology, changes in the cytotechnologist (CT) scope of practice, and the future ..
- Evaluation of a communications campaign to increase physician reporting to a surveillance systemKitty H Gelberg
Epidemiology and Surveillance Section, Bureau of Occupational Health, New York State Department of Health, 547 River St, Room 230, Troy, NY 12180, USA
Public Health Rep 126:19-27. 2011..To improve reporting to the New York State (NYS) Occupational Lung Disease Registry (OLDR), the NYS Department of Health's Bureau of Occupational Health initiated ..
- Adult blood lead reporting in New York State, 1994-2006Kitty H Gelberg
New York State Department of Health, Bureau of Occupational Health, 547 River St, Room 230, Troy, NY 12180 2216, USA
Public Health Rep 125:103-10. 2010Laboratories that test New York State (NYS) employees and adult residents for lead exposure are required to report blood lead test results to the NYS Department of Health's Heavy Metals Registry...
- The National Asthma Survey--New York State: association of the home environment with current asthma statusTrang Nguyen
New York State Department of Health, Office of Public Health, Office of Public Health Practice, Public Health Information Group, Empire State Plaza, Room 2565, Albany, NY 12237, USA
Public Health Rep 125:877-87. 2010The National Asthma Survey--New York State (NYS), a telephone survey of NYS residents, was conducted in 2002-2003 to further understand the burden of asthma among adults and children and to identify health, socioeconomic, behavioral, and ..
- Trends in prevalence of obesity and overweight among children enrolled in the New York State WIC program, 2002-2007Jackson P Sekhobo
Evaluation and Analysis Unit, Bureau of Administration and Evaluation, Division of Nutrition, New York State Department of Health, Albany, NY 12204, USA
Public Health Rep 125:218-24. 2010..We examined recent overweight and obesity trends in a multiethnic population of low-income preschool children...
- Synergistic anticandidal activity of pure polyphenol curcumin I in combination with azoles and polyenes generates reactive oxygen species leading to apoptosisMonika Sharma
Membrane Biology Laboratory, School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
FEMS Yeast Res 10:570-8. 2010..drugs - fluconazole (FLC), miconazole, ketoconazole (KTC), itraconazole (ITR), voriconazole (VRC), nystatin (NYS) and amphotericin B (AMB) - against 21 clinical isolates of Candida albicans with reduced antifungal sensitivity, ..
- FE NO concentrations in World Trade Center responders and controls, 6 years post-9/11Matthew P Mauer
Center for Environmental Health, New York State Department of Health, Flanigan Square, 547 River Street, Troy, NY 12180, USA
Lung 189:295-303. 2011..may be revealed by offline fractional exhaled nitric oxide (FE(NO)) testing among a cohort of New York State (NYS) World Trade Center (WTC) responders in comparison with a control group of similar but unexposed NYS employees, 6 ..
- Frmd7 expression in developing mouse brainJ Self
Southampton Eye Unit, Southampton General Hospital, UK
Eye (Lond) 24:165-9. 2010Mutations in the FERM domain containing 7 (FRMD7) genes are known to cause a significant number of cases of congenital idiopathic nystagmus (CIN). Only limited expression data exist suggesting low levels of expression in all tissues...
- Physical characteristics and lipoprotein distribution of liposomal nystatin in human plasmaK M Wasan
Division of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 41:1871-5. 1997The physical characteristics and lipoprotein distribution of free nystatin (NYS) and liposomal NYS (L-NYS) in human plasma were investigated...
- Interaction between nystatin and natural membrane lipids in Langmuir monolayers--the role of a phospholipid in the mechanism of polyenes mode of actionKatarzyna Hac-Wydro
Faculty of Chemistry, Jagiellonian University, Ingardena 3, 30 060 Krakow, Poland
Biophys Chem 123:154-61. 2006Nystatin (NYS), a polyene antifungal antibiotic, has been investigated in Langmuir monolayers alone and in mixtures with mammalian and fungi membrane sterols (cholesterol and ergosterol, respectively) as well as with a model phospholipid ..
- The NIOSH Fatality Assessment and Control Evaluation (FACE) program: a New York case study illustrating the impact of a farm manure pump PTO entanglementEric M Hallman
Agricultural Heath and Safety Program, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 14850, USA
J Agromedicine 10:57-64. 2005..Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) and administered by the New York State Department of Health (NYS DOH) in cooperation with Cornell University...
- Estimating farmworker population size in New York State using a minimum labor demand methodG Earle-Richardson
New York Center for Agricultural Medicine and Health, Bassett Healthcare, Cooperstown, New York 13326, USA
J Agric Saf Health 11:335-45. 2005..Our objective was to develop an estimation process for minimum labor demand (MLD) for hand-harvested crops in NYS and contrast the results with DOL estimates...
- The importance of location in determining breast conservation ratesKaren Hiotis
Department of Surgery, New York University, New York, NY, USA
Am J Surg 190:18-22. 2005..This study evaluates differences in the utilization of breast conservation surgery (BCS) between major metropolitan areas in the United States (US) and the United Kingdom (UK)...
- Evaluating the Impact of Clinical Alerts Generated from Medicaid Claims DataCARLOS THOMAS contact JACKSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..violent incidents involving individuals with psychiatric illnesses in New York City (NYC), the New York State (NYS) Office of Mental Health began a policy of using administrative data to identify apparent interruptions in care and ..
- Disease Management for Chronic Drug AbuseJon Morgenstern; Fiscal Year: 2010..New York State (NYS) just initiated a 3-year, $25 million demonstration pilot that provides grants to 23 counties to provide case ..
- Microbicide Safety and Acceptability in Young MenIan McGowan; Fiscal Year: 2009..and the HIV Center for Clinical and Behavioral Studies (Columbia University and NYS Psychiatric Institute) in NY, NY...
- Disease Management for Chronic Drug AbuseJon Morgenstern; Fiscal Year: 2007..New York State (NYS) just initiated a 3-year, $25 million demonstration pilot that provides grants to 23 counties to provide case ..
- Bone Lead Standardization ProgramPatrick Parsons; Fiscal Year: 2006..AAS and ICP-MS in the Wadsworth Trace Elements Laboratory of the New York State Department of Health (NYS DOH); second to establish a national repository of RMs for bone lead measurement via AAS and ICP-MS traceable to ..
- Disease Management for Chronic Drug AbuseJon Morgenstern; Fiscal Year: 2010..New York State (NYS) just initiated a 3-year, $25 million demonstration pilot that provides grants to 23 counties to provide case ..
- Microbicide Safety and Acceptability in Young MenIAN MICHAEL MCGOWAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..and the HIV Center for Clinical and Behavioral Studies (Columbia University and NYS Psychiatric Institute) in NY, NY...
- Disease Management for Chronic Drug AbuseJon Morgenstern; Fiscal Year: 2009
- Mandated HIV Service Provider Confidentiality TrainingHILARY LIBERTY; Fiscal Year: 2005..New York State has mandated initial as well as annual refresher courses on confidentiality for NYS HIV service providers. There is a significant statewide shortage of available training slots...
- Core Surveillance of Occupatiional Health in New YorkKITTY GELBERG; Fiscal Year: 2004..Provisions of the New York State (NYS) Public Health Law mandate the reporting of a number of occupational conditions in NYS...
- Schizophrenia Research FellowshipJONATHAN JAVITCH; Fiscal Year: 2007..a research institute with 64 beds (including a 12 bed designated schizophrenia inpatient research unit funded by NYS at NYSPI), a foundation-funded schizophrenia center grant, a Hughes Institute, and 5 MHCRCs, there exists in the ..
- Gene-Environment Interplay in the Development of Drug Abuse and Comorbid ProblemsKARL HILL; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed study will (1) collect blood samples from both SSDP and NYS to provide DNA data to the NIDA genetics consortium as well as to the two studies; (2) genotype existing and new ..
- Gene-Environment Interplay in the Development of Drug Abuse and Comorbid ProblemsKARL GORDON HILL; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed study will (1) collect blood samples from both SSDP and NYS to provide DNA data to the NIDA genetics consortium as well as to the two studies;(2) genotype existing and new DNA ..
- NYS FAMILY STUDY: PROBLEM ALCOHOL USE & PROBLEM BEHAVIORScott Menard; Fiscal Year: 2004..The middle generation has been part of a major longitudinal study, the National Youth Survey (NYS), which first collected data on the respondents and (their parents in 1976, when the respondents were adolescents ..