Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FPR1
Description: formyl peptide receptor 1
Alias: FMLP, FPR, N-formylpeptide chemoattractant receptor, fMLP receptor, fMet-Leu-Phe receptor
Publications213 found, 100 shown here
- Cellular responses to FMLP challenging: a mini-reviewM A Panaro
Department of Human Anatomy, University of Bari, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 21:397-419. 1999b>FMLP (N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine) and other N-formylpeptides are powerful "activators" of polymorphonuclear and mononuclear phagocytes, but they are also active on other cell types...
- Annexin I regulates SKCO-15 cell invasion by signaling through formyl peptide receptorsBrian A Babbin
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Biol Chem 281:19588-99. 2006..migratory events through interactions with n-formyl peptide receptors (nFPRs), we examined the expression of FPR-1, FPRL-1, and FPRL-2 in SKCO-15 cells by reverse transcriptase-PCR and identified expression of all three ..
- Human formyl peptide receptor 1 C32T SNP interacts with age and is associated with blood pressure levelsSaid El Shamieh
Unité de recherche Génétique Cardiovasculaire, EA 4373, Universite Henri Poincare Nancy 1, Faculte de Pharmacie, Nancy, France
Clin Chim Acta 413:34-8. 2012Human formyl peptide receptor 1 (FPR1) mediates inflammatory responses, recognized as important participants in the physiopathology of hypertension. Similarly, FPR1 C32T SNP is associated with inflammation and BP related pathways...
- Human formyl peptide receptor 1 (FPR1) c.32C>T SNP is associated with decreased soluble E-selectin levelsHamanou Benachour
Nancy Universite, Nancy, France
Pharmacogenomics 10:951-9. 2009..The FPR1 gene is highly polymorphic. In a recent study, the FPR1 c...
- Regulation of human formyl peptide receptor 1 synthesis: role of single nucleotide polymorphisms, transcription factors, and inflammatory mediatorsHeini M Miettinen
Department of Microbiology, Montana State University, Bozeman, Montana, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e28712. 2011The gene encoding the human formyl peptide receptor 1 (FPR1) is heterogeneous, containing numerous single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs). Here, we examine the effect of these SNPs on gene transcription and protein translation...
- Functional polymorphisms of the FPR1 gene and aggressive periodontitis in JapaneseTomohiko Gunji
Periodontology, Department of Hard Tissue Engineering, Tokyo Medical and Dental University Graduate School, 1 5 45, Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 8549, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 364:7-13. 2007..Formyl peptide receptor 1 (FPR1) is a gene strongly implicated in AgP...
- Evaluation of human leukocyte N-formylpeptide receptor (FPR1) SNPs in aggressive periodontitis patientsY Zhang
Center for Craniofacial and Dental Genetics, University of Pittsburg School of Dental Medicine, Pittsburg, PA 15261, USA
Genes Immun 4:22-9. 2003..The high-affinity fMLP receptor (FPR1) of phagocytic cells interacts with bacterial fMLP and mediates chemotaxis, degranulation, and ..
- Cloning of the gene coding for a human receptor for formyl peptides. Characterization of a promoter region and evidence for polymorphic expressionH D Perez
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143
Biochemistry 31:11595-9. 1992Recently we reported that, in HL-60 cells, transcription of the formyl peptide receptor (FPR) gene can be up- and downregulated by agents that induce differentiation of HL-60 cells into neutrophils...
- Sequence and organization of the human N-formyl peptide receptor-encoding geneP M Murphy
Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
Gene 133:285-90. 1993The human FPR1 gene encodes the N-formyl peptide receptor, a G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) that mediates the activation of mature myeloid cells by bacterial N-formyl oligopeptides...
- Neutrophil formylpeptide receptor single nucleotide polymorphism 348T>C in aggressive periodontitisPooja Maney
Sections of Periodontology and Oral Biology, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University Health Sciences Center, Columbus, OH 43218 2357, USA
J Periodontol 80:492-8. 2009Neutrophil formylpeptide receptors (FPRs) play an important role in bacterial recognition and chemotaxis. Defective FPR1 expression and impaired polymorphonuclear leukocyte chemotaxis toward bacterial formylpeptides are associated with ..
- Regulation of the leucocyte chemoattractant receptor FPR in glioblastoma cells by cell differentiationJian Huang
Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, Cancer and Inflammation Program, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Carcinogenesis 30:348-55. 2009The G protein-coupled formylpeptide receptor (FPR), known to mediate phagocytic leucocyte chemotaxis in response to bacterial- and host-derived agonists, was expressed by tumor cells in specimens of surgically removed more highly ..
- Formylpeptide receptor FPR and the rapid growth of malignant human gliomasYe Zhou
Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, CCR, NCI Frederick, Building 560, Room 31 40, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:823-35. 2005The formylpeptide receptor (FPR) is a G-protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) that mediates chemotaxis of phagocytic leukocytes induced by bacterial peptide N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (fMLF)...
- Variable responses of formyl peptide receptor haplotypes toward bacterial peptidesJeannie M Gripentrog
Department of Microbiology, Montana State University, MT 59717, USA
Immunogenetics 60:83-93. 2008..We also investigated whether certain FPR haplotypes are associated with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) by sequencing FPR1 from 148 Caucasian individuals. The results suggested that FPR haplotypes do not significantly contribute toward RA.
- Defective Gi protein coupling in two formyl peptide receptor mutants associated with localized juvenile periodontitisR Seifert
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66045 2505, USA
J Biol Chem 276:42043-9. 2001The formyl peptide receptor (FPR) is a prototypical chemoattractant receptor expressed in neutrophils...
- Phagocyte activation by Trp-Lys-Tyr-Met-Val-Met, acting through FPRL1/LXA4R, is not affected by lipoxin A4T Christophe
DRCD BBSI UMR 5092, CEA CNRS UJF, Grenoble, Cedex, France
Scand J Immunol 56:470-6. 2002Lipoxin A4 (LXA4) has been shown to bind to the leucocyte formyl peptide receptor (FPR) homologue, FPRL1, without triggering the biological activities induced by other FPRL1 agonists...
- Vasoactive drugs inhibit oxygen radical production of neutrophilsM Weiss
Department of Anesthesiology, , Ulm
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 19:239-63. 1997..with neutrophils from healthy human volunteers, which were stimulated by N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (FMLP) and by opsonized zymosan to produce oxygen radicals, detected by chemiluminescence measurements...
- Differential effects of non-selective and selective phosphodiesterase inhibitors on human eosinophil functionsA Hatzelmann
Byk Gulden, Department of Biochemistry, Konstanz, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 114:821-31. 1995..From the stimuli investigated (complement C5a; N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine, fMLP; platelet activating factor, PAF; opsonized zymosan) C5a was selected to test the influence of the above mentioned ..
- beta-Lactam antibiotic modulation of murine neutrophil cytokinesisM T Kenny
Marion Merrell Dow Research Institute, Indianapolis, Indiana 46268-0460
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 14:797-811. 1992..As a result, the beta-lactam antibiotics were placed into 6 groups based on their effect on random (R) and FMLP-directed (D) migration [Group 1 (no effect): cephalosporin C; Group 2 (R-->D decreases): cloxacillin, cefotaxime,..
- Modulation of cytoskeleton assembly capacity and oxidative response in aged neutrophilsG Piazzolla
Department of Internal Medicine, Immunology and Infectious Diseases, University of Bari Medical School, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 20:251-66. 1998..an impairment of superoxide anion (O2-) generation when triggered with formyl-methionyl-leucine-phenylalanine (FMLP) in comparison to the younger counterpart...
- GABA-mediated inhibition of the anaphylactic response in the guinea-pig tracheaG Gentilini
Department of Preclinical and Clinical Pharmacology Mario Aiazzi Mancini, University of Florence, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 115:389-94. 1995..The release of platelet-activating factor (PAF) from alveolar macrophages stimulated by formyl-Met-Leu-Phe (FMLP; 1 microM) was modified neither by GABA (100 microM)nor by (-)-baclofen (100microM).5...
- Effects of two antihypertensive agents, labetalol and metoprolol, on the production of reactive oxygen species by normal polymorphonuclear leukocytes in vitroR Jaboureck-Bouttier
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie, , Lille, France
Hypertens Pregnancy 18:239-47. 1999..stimulated in vitro with phorbol-12-myristate-13-acetate (PMA) and N-formyl-methionin-leucin-phenylalanin (fMLP). We also studied the scavenging properties of these two drugs using acellular systems...
- Effect of dexamethasone on neutrophil accumulation and oedema formation in rabbit skin: an investigation of site of actionH Yarwood
Department of Applied Pharmacology, National Heart and Lung Institute, London
Br J Pharmacol 108:959-66. 1993..d. zymosan activated plasma (ZAP), N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (FMLP) and leukotriene B4 (LTB4) when co-injected with prostaglandin E2 (PGE2)...
- Carbamazepine affects neutrophil function through an action on peripheral benzodiazepine receptorsE Caldiroli
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Pavia, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 19:367-82. 1997..42-168 microM) concentration-dependently inhibited chemotaxis induced by N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (FMLP) or lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-activated human serum...
- Inhibitory effects of local anesthetics on migration, extracellular release of lysosomal enzyme, and superoxide anion production in human polymorphonuclear leukocytesS Sasagawa
Department of Pathology, Radiation Effects Research Foundation, Hiroshima, Japan
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 13:607-22. 1991..PMN were stimulated by fMet-Leu-Phe (FMLP) or phorbol myristate acetate (PMA) to elicit chemotaxis, extracellular release of beta-glucuronidase (BGL) and ..
- Reactive oxygen species in essential hypertension and non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusN N Orie
, University of Bochum, Germany
Am J Hypertens 12:1169-74. 1999..03+/-0.22 nmol/10(6) cells) or controls (4.05+/-0.15 nmol/10(6) cells). The formyl-Met-Leu-Phenylalanine-(fMLP)-induced ROS generation was significantly higher in NIDDM (21.92+/-2.23 nmol/10(6) cells; P<...
- The reaction of Campylobacter species on the chemiluminescence, chemotaxis and hemagglutinationU Ullmann
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Kiel, FRG
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A 266:178-90. 1987..cultures were used as cytotoxins and compared with the chemotactic peptide, formyl-methionyl-leucine-phenylalanine (FMLP). All the supernatants of cultures of Campylobacter sp. were chemotactic for PMNG...
- [A study of enhancing effects of monocyte culture supernatant on polymorphonuclear neutrophils-chemiluminescence--comparison between normal controls and collagen disease patients]Y Shimatsu
Department of Medicine (II, Niigata University Medical School, Japan
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 66:679-85. 1992..In normal controls, N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (FMLP) induced PMN-CL was enhanced when PMN were previously incubated for 15 minutes with monocyte culture supernatant (..
- Strain-dependency of leukotriene C4 generation from isolated lungs of immunized miceC Zuany Amorim
, , INSERM No 285, Paris, France
Br J Pharmacol 112:1230-6. 1994..However, N-formyl-L-methionyl-L-leucyl-L- phenylalanine (fMLP, 0...
- The effect of cyclic AMP and cyclic GMP phosphodiesterase inhibitors on the superoxide burst of guinea-pig peritoneal macrophagesN C Turner
Dagenham Research Centre, Rhone Poulenc Rorer Ltd, Dagenham, Essex
Br J Pharmacol 108:876-83. 1993..6 +/- 3.76% by 1 microM salbutamol. 3. The increase in superoxide generation elicited by FMLP (10(-9)-10(-5)M) was unaffected by any of the PDE inhibitors studied...
- Hydrogen peroxide modulation of the superoxide anion production by stimulated neutrophilsI Dekaris
Department of Ophthalmology, GH "Sveti Duh, Zagreb, Croatia
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 20:103-17. 1998..This effect was not observed when phorbol myristate acetate (PMA), formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (fMLP) or tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF alpha) were used as a stimuli...
- Role of platelet-activating factor (PAF) in platelet accumulation in rabbit skin: effect of the novel long-acting PAF antagonist, UK-74,505F Pons
Department of Applied Pharmacology, National Heart and Lung Institute, London
Br J Pharmacol 109:234-42. 1993..not affect oedema induced by zymosan particles, bradykinin (BK), histamine, formyl-methionyl-leucylphenylalanine (FMLP), zymosan-activated plasma (ZAP, as a source of C5a des Arg), leukotriene B4 (LTB4) or interleukin-8 (IL-8). 4...
- Effects of the angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor temocapril on insulin sensitivity and its effects on renal sodium handling and the pressor system in essential hypertensive patientsY Miyazaki
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Japan
Am J Hypertens 11:962-70. 1998..and paraaminohippuric acid were used to calculate fractional proximal and distal tubular reabsorption of sodium (FPR(Na), FDR(Na)) and renal plasma flow (RPF) before and during insulin infusion by the glucose clamp method...
- Methionine-enkephalin primes human neutrophils for enhanced superoxide anion productionH Haberstock
Department of Experimental Biology and Medicine, Laboratory for Biological Response Modifiers, Zagreb, Croatia
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 19:135-45. 1997..but it enhanced the O2- generation stimulated by the chemotactic peptide N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (fMLP) or human recombinant interferon gamma (hrIFN gamma) when the cells had been preincubated with MENK for 30 min at ..
- Do etomidate and propofol influence oxygen radical production of neutrophils?M Weiss
Department of Anesthesiology, Universitatsklinikum, Ulm, Germany
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 18:291-307. 1996..alcoholic vehicle and in a lipid-emulsion as well as those of propofol on N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (FMLP-) and zymosan-induced oxygen radical production of neutrophils were examined and compared with the effects of their ..
- Benzodiazepines inhibit in vitro free radical formation from human neutrophils induced by FMLP and A23187F Laghi Pasini
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Siena, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 9:101-14. 1987..superoxide anion generation and chemiluminescence from human neutrophils stimulated by the formylated oligopeptide FMLP and by the calcium ionophore A23187...
- [Studies on defense effects of recombinant human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) to infections. II. Priming effect for superoxide production by human neutrophil]J Kadota
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 64:430-5. 1990..with enhance of O2- release stimulated by the chemotactic peptide, N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (FMLP) from 10(-6) to 10(-8) M, but not by the non chemoattractant such as phorbol myristate acetate (PMA), concanavalin ..
- Sulfide influence on polymorphonuclear functions: a possible role for Ca2+ involvementM A Mariggio
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Human Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Bari, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 19:393-404. 1997..of the calcium-dependent cytoskeleton activities such as chemotaxis and azurophilic granule release induced by FMLP. No effect was observed on the calcium-independent specific granule release obtained by PMA...
- Enhancing and priming of macrophages for superoxide anion production by taxolH O Pae
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Wonkwang University School of Medicine, Chonbuk, Korea
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 20:27-37. 1998..7 cells to enhance O2- release stimulated with PMA. Taxol also enhanced stimulation of O2- production by FMLP, but not by Con A...
- Flavonoid modulation of murine neutrophil cytokinesisM T Kenny
MerrellDow Research Institute, Indianapolis, Indiana 46268-0460
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 12:527-41. 1990..In this study, flavone and six hydroxylated analogues were examined for their effect on the FMLP-directed and the random migration of murine peritoneal exudate neutrophils. Flavone significantly (p less than 0...
- Enhancing and inhibitory effects of nitric oxide on superoxide anion generation in human polymorphonuclear leukocytesM Morikawa
Department of Pharmacology, Tokyo College of Pharmacy, Hachioji, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 115:1302-6. 1995..showed a biphasic concentration-dependent effect on O2- generation induced by f-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (FMLP)...
- Expression of annexin-1 in equine leucocytes and the effects of the N-terminal annexin-1 peptide, Ac2-26, on equine neutrophil superoxide productionKirstie J Pickles
Department of Veterinary Basic Sciences, The Royal Veterinary College, Hawkshead Campus, Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, Hertfordshire AL9 7TA, UK
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 135:226-33. 2010..reduction of cytochrome (cyt) C following stimulation with Ac2-26 and the formyl peptide receptor (FPR) agonists, FMLP, WKYMVm and WKYMVM...
- Differential contribution of bacterial N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl- phenylalanine and host-derived CXC chemokines to neutrophil infiltration into pulmonary alveoli during murine pneumococcal pneumoniaJean François Gauthier
Research Center for Infectious Diseases, Laval University, Quebec, Canada G1V 4G2
Infect Immun 75:5361-7. 2007..Bacterium-derived N-formyl peptides (N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine [fMLP]) and host-derived chemokines (KC and macrophage inflammatory protein 2 [MIP-2]) are likely candidates among ..
- Similar age-related changes of free intracellular calcium in lymphocytes and central neurons: effects of Alzheimer's diseaseH Hartmann
Department of Psychopharmacology, Central Institute of Mental Health, Mannheim, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 243:218-23. 1994..Also no age-related or AD-specific changes were found in granulocytes after stimulation with N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (fMLP).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)
- Characterization of the PGE receptor subtype mediating inhibition of superoxide production in human neutrophilsE Talpain
Department of Pharmacology, University of Edinburgh
Br J Pharmacol 114:1459-65. 1995..receptor subtype mediating the inhibition of superoxide anion generation by formyl methionyl leucine phenylalanine (FMLP)-stimulated human neutrophils, and to test the hypothesis that adenosine 3':5'-cyclic monophosphate (cyclic AMP) is ..
- Membrane depolarization was required to induce DNA synthesis in murine macrophage cell line PU5-1.8S K Kong
Department of Biochemistry, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 13:329-39. 1991..calf serum (FCS), lipopolysaccharide (LPS), epidermal growth factor (EGF), N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (FMLP) and bradykinin (BK), only FCS caused DNA synthesis and membrane depolarization...
- Formyl peptide receptors on immune and nonimmune cells: analysis of sequence conservation in FPR genesM A Panaro
Department of Human Anatomy and Histology, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 29:243-69. 2007..We examined the patterns of conservation/mutation within the FPR group of genes, as studied in 16 mRNAs from different species...
- Effects of BX661A, a new therapeutic agent for ulcerative colitis, on chemotaxis and reactive oxygen species production in polymorphonuclear leukocytes in comparison with salazosulfapyridine and its metabolite sulfapyridineI Kimura
Infusion Research Department, Hoechst Marion Roussel Ltd, Saitama, Japan
Arzneimittelforschung 48:1163-7. 1998..39, 2.17 mmol/l, respectively) and by N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (FMLP) with IC50 values of 0.55, 0.06 and 0.66 mmol/l, respectively...
- Chemotaxis of chinese hamster ovary cells expressing the human neutrophil formyl peptide receptor: role of signal transduction molecules and alpha5beta1 integrinH M Miettinen
Department of Microbiology, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717 3520, USA
J Cell Sci 111:1921-8. 1998..N-formyl peptide receptor (FPR) of human neutrophils by ligands such as N-formyl-methionine-leucine-phenylalanine (fMLP) induces mobilization of intracellular calcium, cell adhesion, chemotaxis, superoxide production and degranulation...
- Decreased agonist-stimulated Ca2+ response in neutrophils from patients under chronic lithium therapyU Förstner
Department of Psychiatry, University of Freiburg, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 243:240-3. 1994..Cells were stimulated with the chemotactic peptide formylmethionylleucylphenylalanin (fMLP) and the Ca2+ concentrations measured with the fluorescent Ca2+ indicator Fura-2...
- The N-formyl peptide receptors and the anaphylatoxin C5a receptors: an overviewMarie Josephe Rabiet
Laboratoire de Biochimie et de Biophysique des Systèmes Intégrés, CEA, CNRS, Universite Joseph Fourier, Institut de Recherches en Technologies et Sciences pour le Vivant iRTSV, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique Grenoble, 38054 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Biochimie 89:1089-106. 2007..Emphasis is placed on the members of the N-formyl peptide receptor family, namely FPR (N-formyl peptide receptor), FPRL1 (FPR like-1) and FPRL2 (FPR like-2), and the complement fragment C5a receptors (..
- Physiological consequences of the complete loss of phosphoryl-transfer proteins HPr and FPr of the phosphoenolpyruvate:sugar phosphotransferase system and analysis of fructose (fru) operon expression in Salmonella typhimuriumD A Feldheim
Department of Biology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093
J Bacteriol 172:5459-69. 1990..The fru operon consists of three structural genes: fruB(MH), which encodes the enzyme IIIFru-modulator-FPr tridomain fusion protein of the PTS; fruK, which encodes fructose-1-phosphate kinase; and fruA, which encodes ..
- An fMLP receptor is involved in activation of phagocytosis by hemocytes from specific insect speciesErick Garcia-Garcia
Department of Immunology, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico
Dev Comp Immunol 33:728-39. 2009..Treating hemocytes with Pertussis toxin, a known inhibitor of the signaling pathway initiated by the mammalian fMLP receptor, returned phagocytosis to basal levels...
- Gastrin-releasing peptide/neuromedin B receptor antagonists PD176252, PD168368, and related analogs are potent agonists of human formyl-peptide receptorsIgor A Schepetkin
Department of Veterinary Molecular Biology, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717, USA
Mol Pharmacol 79:77-90. 2011..ability to induce intracellular Ca²+ mobilization in human neutrophils and HL-60 cells transfected with human FPR1, FPR2, or FPR3...
- The rabbit neutrophil N-formyl peptide receptor. cDNA cloning, expression, and structure/function implicationsR D Ye
Department of Immunology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037
J Immunol 150:1383-94. 1993..receptors that share extensive sequence homology with the FPR, yet lack the capability of high affinity binding to FMLP. These findings prompted us to identify the structural requirement for formyl peptide ligand binding by delineation ..
- Mechanisms underlying reduced responsiveness of neonatal neutrophils to distinct chemoattractantsB Weinberger
Department of Pediatrics Neonatology, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey, USA
J Leukoc Biol 70:969-76. 2001..2, was reduced in neonates when compared with adult cells. This did not appear to be a result of decreased fMLP receptor or DL1.2 antigen expression by neonatal neutrophils. fMLP, but not DL1...
- N-formyl peptide receptors internalize but do not recycle in the absence of arrestinsCharlotte M Vines
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, The University of New Mexico Cancer Research and Treatment Center, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
J Biol Chem 278:41581-4. 2003..To understand the role of arrestins in N-formyl peptide receptor (FPR) trafficking, we stably expressed the FPR in a mouse embryonic fibroblast cell line (MEF) that lacked endogenous ..
- Quantitative analysis of formyl peptide receptor coupling to g(i)alpha(1), g(i)alpha(2), and g(i)alpha(3)K Wenzel-Seifert
Higuchi Biosciences Center, The University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66045 2505, USA
J Biol Chem 274:33259-66. 1999The human formyl peptide receptor (FPR) is a prototypical G(i) protein-coupled receptor, but little is known about quantitative aspects of FPR-G(i) protein coupling...
- Differential activation of polymorphisms of the formyl peptide receptor by formyl peptidesJohn S Mills
Montana State University, 109 Lewis Hall, Bozeman, MT 59717 3520, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1772:1085-92. 2007..the role of two polymorphic sites (R190W and N192K) on the binding and activation of the formyl peptide receptor (FPR) by viral and formyl peptides...
- HIV-1 envelope gp41 peptides promote migration of human Fc epsilon RI+ cells and inhibit IL-13 synthesis through interaction with formyl peptide receptorsAmato de Paulis
Division of Clinical Immunology and Allergy, University of Naples Federico II, Via Sergio Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Immunol 169:4559-67. 2002..Preincubation of basophils with FMLP or gp41 2019 resulted in complete desensitization to a subsequent challenge with homologous stimulus...
- Involvement of Phospholipase D 1 and 2 in the subcellular localization and activity of formyl-peptide-receptors in the human colonic cell line HT29Lars Ove Brandenburg
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, RWTH Aachen University, Wendlingweg 2, Aachen, Germany
Mol Membr Biol 26:371-83. 2009..In particular, the formyl peptide receptor (FPR) family and their three human subtypes: FPR, formyl-peptide-receptor-like-1 (FPRL1) and FPRL2, are involved in the ..
- Identification of putative sites of interaction between the human formyl peptide receptor and G proteinH M Miettinen
Department of Microbiology, Montana State University, Bozeman, Montana 59717 3520, USA
J Biol Chem 274:27934-42. 1999..All cell surface-expressed mutant receptors bound N-formyl peptide with similar affinities as wild-type FPR, suggesting that the mutations did not affect the ligand-binding site...
- Characterisation of receptor binding by the chemotaxis inhibitory protein of Staphylococcus aureus and the effects of the host immune responseAndrew J Wright
Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S10 2TN, UK
Mol Immunol 44:2507-17. 2007..human C5a receptor (C5aR), but had low affinity for the second C5a receptor, C5L2, and the formyl peptide receptor, FPR. Although ligand binding to C5aR was potently inhibited, CHIPS(28-149) had much weaker effects on ligand binding to ..
- The synthetic chemoattractant Trp-Lys-Tyr-Met-Val-DMet activates neutrophils preferentially through the lipoxin A(4) receptorC Dahlgren
The Phagocyte Research Laboratory, Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Goteborg, Goteborg, Sweden
Blood 95:1810-8. 2000..The fact that binding of fML[(3)H]F was inhibited by both fMLF and WKYMVm suggests that N-formyl peptide receptor (FPR) is shared by these peptides...
- Receptor cleavage reduces the fluid shear response in neutrophils of the spontaneously hypertensive ratAngela Y Chen
Department of Bioengineering, Institute of Engineering in Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0412, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 299:C1441-9. 2010..stress evokes pseudopod retraction in normal leukocytes by a mechanism that involves the formyl peptide receptor (FPR) as mechanosensor...
- The hederagenin saponin SMG-1 is a natural FMLP receptor inhibitor that suppresses human neutrophil activationTsong Long Hwang
Graduate Institute of Natural Products, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan 333, Taiwan
Biochem Pharmacol 80:1190-200. 2010..Taken together, our results demonstrate that SMG-1 is a natural inhibitor of the FMLP receptor, which may have the potential to be developed into a useful new therapeutic agent for treating neutrophilic ..
- In vitro and in vivo interactions of ferredoxin-NADP+ reductases in Pseudomonas putidaJinki Yeom
Division of Environmental Science and Ecological Engineering, Korea University, Seoul 136 075
J Biochem 145:481-91. 2009Ferredoxin-NADP(+) reductase (Fpr) is known to control NADP(+)/NADPH pool in proteobacteria. There is only one fpr gene present in most proteobacteria, but Pseudomonas putida has two Fprs (FprA and FprB)...
- Cyclic ADP-ribose mediates formyl methionyl leucyl phenylalanine (fMLP)-induced intracellular Ca(2+) rise and migration of human neutrophilsKatsuya Morita
Department of Dental Pharmacology, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 106:492-504. 2008..present study examined the ability of cADPR to mobilize Ca(2+) and mediate formyl methionyl leucyl phenylalanine (fMLP)-stimulated increase in cytosolic free Ca(2+) concentration ([Ca(2+)](i)) and migration in human neutrophils...
- Identification of novel small-molecule agonists for human formyl peptide receptors and pharmacophore models of their recognitionLiliya N Kirpotina
Veterinary Molecular Biology, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717, USA
Mol Pharmacol 77:159-70. 2010N-formyl peptide receptor (FPR1) and N-formyl peptide receptor-like 1 (FPRL1, now known as FPR2) are G protein-coupled receptors involved in host defense and sensing cellular dysfunction...
- The human formyl peptide receptor as model system for constitutively active G-protein-coupled receptorsRoland Seifert
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, The University of Kansas, Malott Hall, Room 5064, 1251 Wescoe Hall Drive, Lawrence, KS 66045 7582, USA
Life Sci 73:2263-80. 2003..The human formyl peptide receptor (FPR) exists in several isoforms (FPR-26, FPR-98 and FPR-G6) and activates chemotaxis and cytotoxic cell functions of ..
- A homolog of formyl peptide receptor-like 1 (FPRL1) inhibitor from Staphylococcus aureus (FPRL1 inhibitory protein) that inhibits FPRL1 and FPRCristina Prat
Medical Microbiology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Immunol 183:6569-78. 2009..protein inhibits neutrophil calcium mobilization and chemotaxis induced by the FPRL1-ligand MMK-1 and FPR-ligand fMLP. While its FPRL1-inhibitory activity lies in the comparable nanomolar range of FLIPr, its antagonism of the FPR is ..
- Mechanism of the protective effect of intraperitoneally administered agonists for formyl peptide receptors against chemotherapy-induced alopeciaTakahiro Tsuruki
Division of Food Science and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 71:1198-202. 2007..MMK-1, a selective agonist of formyl peptide receptor-like 1 (FPRL1) receptor, the low affinity subtype of the fMLP receptor, prevented the alopecia in neonatal rats induced by the anticancer agent etoposide...
- N-Formyl peptide receptor subtypes in human neutrophils activate L-plastin phosphorylation through different signal transduction intermediatesMarie Helene Paclet
Department of Medicine, Centre for Molecular Medicine, The Rayne Institute, University College London, UK
Biochem J 377:469-77. 2004..Two fMLP receptor subtypes were identified in neutrophils, characterized by a distinct sensitivity to fMLP and antagonistic ..
- Signaling in lipopolysaccharide-induced stabilization of formyl peptide receptor 1 mRNA in mouse peritoneal macrophagesPalash Mandal
Department of Immunology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Immunol 178:2542-8. 2007..LY2 but not parthenolide blocked the LPS-induced stabilization of FPR1 mRNA...
- House dust mite allergen activates human eosinophils via formyl peptide receptor and formyl peptide receptor-like 1Lena Svensson
Department of Clinical Bacteriology, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Immunol 37:1966-77. 2007..g. the formyl peptide receptor (FPR), CC chemokine receptor 3 (CCR3) and leukotriene receptor B4 (LTB(4)R)...
- Interleukin-18 primes the oxidative burst of neutrophils in response to formyl-peptides: role of cytochrome b558 translocation and N-formyl peptide receptor endocytosisCarole Elbim
Unité Inserm U479, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, 16 rue Henri Huchard, 75877 Paris Cedex 18, France
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 12:436-46. 2005..This suggests that fMLP receptor endocytosis could account, at least in part, for the priming of O2 degrees- production...
- Characterization of the binding site on the formyl peptide receptor using three receptor mutants and analogs of Met-Leu-Phe and Met-Met-Trp-Leu-LeuJ S Mills
Department of Microbiology, Montana State University, Bozeman, Montana 59717, USA
J Biol Chem 275:39012-7. 2000The formyl peptide receptor (FPR) is a chemotactic G protein-coupled receptor found on the surface of phagocytes. We have previously shown that the formyl peptide binding site maps to the membrane-spanning region (Miettinen, H. M...
- Formyl peptide receptor-like 2 is expressed and functional in plasmacytoid dendritic cells, tissue-specific macrophage subpopulations, and eosinophilsThalie Devosse
Institut de Recherche Interdisciplinaire en Biologie Humaine et Moleculaire, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
J Immunol 182:4974-84. 2009The formyl peptide receptor (FPR) is a key player in innate immunity and host defense mechanisms. In humans and other primates, a cluster of genes encodes two related receptors, FPR-like 1 and FPR-like 2 (FPRL1 and FPRL2)...
- Structural relatedness between the 18S rRNA genes and the formyl peptide receptor genes: new insights into the phylogenesis of immune receptorsM A Panaro
Department of Human Anatomy and Histology, University of Bari, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 30:291-305. 2008..sequences of all >or=7-base oligonucleotide identities occurring in at least one of the 18S rRNAs and one of the FPR mRNAs were recorded...
- The mechanism for activation of the neutrophil NADPH-oxidase by the peptides formyl-Met-Leu-Phe and Trp-Lys-Tyr-Met-Val-Met differs from that for interleukin-8Huamei Fu
Department of Rheumatology and Inflammation Research, University of Goteborg, Goteborg, Sweden
Immunology 112:201-10. 2004..Here we show that triggering of the formyl peptide receptor (FPR) with f-Met-Leu-Phe (fMLF) substantially reduced the neutrophil superoxide production induced by activation of the ..
- Microfluidic devices for characterizing the agonist of formyl peptide receptor in RBL-FPR cellsNannan Ye
Department of Biotechnology, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 457 Zhongshan Road, Dalian, 116023, China
Biomed Microdevices 12:513-21. 2010The human formyl peptide receptor (FPR) plays an important role in inflammation and immunity. Finding of specific agonists and antagonists of FPR may provide potential therapeutic agents for FPR related disorders...
- Computational structure-activity relationship analysis of small-molecule agonists for human formyl peptide receptorsAndrei I Khlebnikov
Department of Chemistry, Altai State Technical University, Barnaul 656038, Russia
Eur J Med Chem 45:5406-19. 2010..as therapeutic targets, recent efforts have focused on identification of non-peptide agonists for two FPR subtypes, FPR1 and FPR2...
- Characterization of the human fMLP receptor in neutrophils and in Xenopus oocytesSigrid Wittmann
Department of Anaesthesia, University of Regensburg, 93042 Regensburg, Germany Welsh School of Pharmacy, Cardiff University, Cardiff CF10 3XF
Br J Pharmacol 135:1375-82. 20021. N-formyl peptides (e.g. fMLP; N-formyl-L-methionyl-L-leucyl-phenylalanine) are potent mediators for inflammatory reactions...
- Human mitochondria-derived N-formylated peptides are novel agonists equally active on FPR and FPRL1, while Listeria monocytogenes-derived peptides preferentially activate FPRMarie Josephe Rabiet
CEA Grenoble, Département de Dynamique et Réponse Cellulaires, Laboratoire de Biochimie et de Biophysique des Systèmes Intégrés, UMR 5092 CEA CNRS Université Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France
Eur J Immunol 35:2486-95. 2005..In this study, HL-60 cell lines expressing the human N-formyl peptide receptor FPR or its two homologues (FPRL1, FPRL2) were used to determine the receptor selectivity of N-formylated peptides ..
- X-ray crystallographic and solution state nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopic investigations of NADP+ binding to ferredoxin NADP reductase from Pseudomonas aeruginosaAn Wang
Ralph N Adams Institute for Bioanalytical Chemistry and Department of Chemistry, University of Kansas, Multidisciplinary Research Building, 2030 Becker Drive, Room 220 E, Lawrence, Kansas 66047, USA
Biochemistry 47:8080-93. 2008The ferredoxin nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate reductase from Pseudomonas aeruginosa ( pa-FPR) in complex with NADP (+) has been characterized by X-ray crystallography and in solution by NMR spectroscopy...
- Sesamin inhibits bacterial formylpeptide-induced inflammatory responses in a murine air-pouch model and in THP-1 human monocytesYouhong Cui
Key Laboratory of Nutrition and Metabolism, Institute for Nutritional Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Shanghai, 200031, China
J Nutr 140:377-81. 2010..fMLF is recognized by a human G protein-coupled receptor formyl peptide receptor (FPR) on phagocytic leukocytes. Sesamin at concentrations between 12...
- Molecular cloning of the fMet-Leu-Phe receptor from neutrophilsK M Thomas
Department of Physiology, Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts 02118
J Biol Chem 265:20061-4. 1990..In a previous communication we reported the functional reconstitution of the fMLP receptor in Xenopus laevis oocytes (Coats, W. D., and Navarro, J. (1990) J. Biol. Chem. 265, 5964-5966)...
- Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase and ferredoxin-NADP(H) reductase contribute to damage repair during the soxRS response of Escherichia coliMariana Giró
Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular de Rosario IBR, CONICET, División Biología Molecular, Facultad de Ciencias Bioquimicas y Farmaceuticas, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Suipacha 531, 2000 Rosario, Argentina
Microbiology 152:1119-28. 2006..The NADP(H)-dependent enzymes glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PDH) and ferredoxin(flavodoxin)-NADP(H) reductase (FPR), encoded by the zwf and fpr genes, respectively, are committed members of the soxRS regulatory system involved in ..
- Restoration of neutrophil immunocompetence after cardiopulmonary bypass by beta-adrenergic blockersBenedikt Trabold
Department of Anesthesiology, University Medical Center, Regensburg, Germany
Surgery 147:562-74. 2010..Therefore, we studied the importance of adrenoceptors for the immunomodulation of neutrophils by catecholamines in vitro...
- Formyl peptide receptor expression in birdsM A Panaro
Department of Human Anatomy and Histology, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 29:1-16. 2007..The prototypal human fMLP receptor 1 (FPR1) was cloned in 1990 from a differentiated HL-60 myeloid leukemia cell cDNA library...
- Evidence for the presence of N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (fMLP) receptor ligands in human amniotic fluid and fMLP receptor modulation by physiological labourCarla Biondi
Department of Biology, University of Ferrara, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
J Reprod Immunol 68:71-83. 2005..to induce prostaglandin E2 synthesis in the human amnion prompted us to investigate for: (1) the presence of fMLP receptor ligands (fMLPRL) in the amniotic fluid; (2) expression of the fMLP receptor in amniotic tissue; (3) the effect ..
- Sulfasalazine metabolites and dapsone attenuate formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine-induced mucosal injury in rat ileumC von Ritter
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Louisiana State University Medical Center, Shreveport
Gastroenterology 96:811-6. 1989..The distal 10 cm of rat ileum was perfused with formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (FMLP) (10(-5) M), a bacterial peptide that activates and attracts neutrophils...
- A novel neutrophil-specific PET imaging agent: cFLFLFK-PEG-64CuLandon W Locke
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
J Nucl Med 50:790-7. 2009..of a new, highly potent (64)Cu-labeled peptide, cFLFLFK-PEG-(64)Cu, that targets the formyl peptide receptor (FPR) on leukocytes is described...
- Anaesthetic sensitivity of fMLP-induced cell signalling in Xenopus oocytesSigrid Wittmann
Department of Anaesthesiology, University of Regensburg, 93042 Regensburg, Germany
Int Immunopharmacol 6:61-70. 2006..Xenopus oocytes were microinjected with cRNA encoding the fMLP receptor and fMLP-stimulated (100 nM) currents measured, using two-electrode voltage-clamp (-70 mV), before and after ..
- Inhibition by recombinant SLPI and half-SLPI (Asn55-Ala107) of elastase and cathepsin G activities: consequence for neutrophil-platelet cooperationP Renesto
, , Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Br J Pharmacol 108:1100-6. 1993..In this experimental system, addition of SLPI or 1/2 SLPI before N-formyl-Met-Leu-Phe (fMLP) led to the inhibition of the resulting platelet activation...
- Type II diabetics with macrovascular complications: polymorphonuclear leukocyte (PMN) filtration, PMN membrane fluidity and cytosolic Ca2+ content after activationG Caimi
Istituto di Clinica Medica e Malattie Cardiovascolari, , Italy
Horm Metab Res 30:72-6. 1998..PMA (4-phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate) and fMLP (N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine) were used as stimulating agents...
- Stereoselective suppression of neutrophil function by ketamine?M Weiss
Department of Anesthesiology, Heinrich Heine Universitat, Dusseldorf, Germany
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 17:91-107. 1995..and the S(+)-racemate, as well as its drug-free solvent were examined by N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine-(FMLP)- and zymosan-induced oxygen radical production of polymorphonuclear cells (PMN)...
- Differential expression of the G-protein-coupled formyl Peptide receptor in melanoma associates with aggressive phenotypeNitin Chakravarti
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 35:184-90. 2013..Human formyl peptide receptor (FPR) and its variant FPR-like 1 (FPRL1) have been associated with cell migration and invasiveness in neoplasms...
- IL-4 inhibits expression of the formyl peptide receptor gene in mouse peritoneal macrophagesYalei Dai
Department of Immunology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 25:11-9. 2005..In the present report, we show that expression of the receptor for chemotactic formylated peptides (FPR1)is negatively regulated in both macrophages and neutrophils by interleukin-4 (IL-4)...
- Expression analysis of the fpr (ferredoxin-NADP+ reductase) gene in Pseudomonas putida KT2440Yunho Lee
Division of Environmental Science and Ecological Engineering, Korea University, Anam Dong 5Ga, Seungbuk Ku, Seoul 136 701, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 339:1246-54. 2006The ferredoxin-NADP+ reductase (fpr) participates in cellular defense against oxidative damage. The fpr expression in Pseudomonas putida KT2440 is induced by oxidative and osmotic stresses...
- Cloning of a buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) prostaglandin F(2alpha) receptor: changes in its expression and concentration in the buffalo cow corpus luteumShalu Verma-Kumar
Department of Molecular Reproduction, Development and Genetics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560012, India
Reproduction 127:705-15. 2004Acting primarily through its specific G protein-coupled receptor termed FPr, prostaglandin (PG) F(2alpha) induces regression of the corpus luteum (CL) at the end of a non-fertile oestrous cycle...
- Role of sodium in intracellular calcium elevation and leukotriene B4 formation by receptor-mediated activation of human neutrophilsAlberto Tedeschi
Allergy and Immunopharmacology Unit, First Division of Internal Medicine, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Milan, Italy
Biochem Pharmacol 67:385-93. 2004..B(4) (LTBs) formation was investigated in granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF)-primed, fMLP-stimulated human neutrophils...
- NUTRITIONAL SIGNIFICANCE OF POLYUNSATURATED FATTY ACIDSVincent Ziboh; Fiscal Year: 1990..Additionally, we will assess PMN functional responses by: (i) N-formylmethionyl-leucyl- phenylalanine (FMLP) and LTB4- induced shape changes; (ii) FMLP-induced secretion responses in cytochalasin B pre-treated cells and (iv)..
- MINORITY PREDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMGerardo Hernandez; Fiscal Year: 2004..of these experiments is to study the effects of bacterial peptides such as N-formylmethionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (FMLP) in a reactivated model of colitis...
- Role of formyl peptide receptor variants in mucosal innate immune defenseHEINI MARITA MIETTINEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..The coding region of the FPR1 gene contains six non-synonymous single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) and four synonymous SNPs resulting in >..
- Small Molecule targeting of NADPH oxidase in neutrophilsMarie Dominique Filippi; Fiscal Year: 2010..interactive pocket of p67phox and is effective in suppressing oxidase activity in primary neutrophils, and (4) a fMLP-induced lung inflammation mouse model is useful for screening novel compounds for treating both acute and chronic ..
- Effects of Formyl Peptide Receptor variants on functionJohn Mills; Fiscal Year: 2005..neutrophils demonstrated poor chemotactic response toward the formyl peptide, methionine-leucine-phenylalanine (fMLP)...
- NEUTROPHIL CHEMOTAXIS IN JUVENILE PERIODONTITISH Perez; Fiscal Year: 1993..All these functions are mediated by the binding of FP to structurally specific formyl peptide receptors (FPR) on the PMN membrane...
- Structure-Function Studies of Annexin I and IIHartmut Luecke; Fiscal Year: 2006..A peptide of the N-terminal domain of annexin I activates the formyl peptide receptor (FPR) on human neutrophils...
- Regulation of CD32A in neutrophilsPeriasamy Selvaraj; Fiscal Year: 2007..However, once neutrophils are activated by fMLP, a bacterial chemoattractant peptide, CD32A is converted to a functionally active state and can bind ligand ..
- ROLE OF MEMBRANE PROTEASE IN NEUTROPHIL ACTIVATIONCharles King; Fiscal Year: 1991..functional and structural identification of the sites of action of a function- related Ab 115 antigen/protease will provide needed understanding of the biochemical events involved in early, FMLP receptor-mediated, membrane activation.
- FMLF BINDING SITE ON FORMYL PEPTIDE RECEPTORALGIRDAS JESAITIS; Fiscal Year: 1999..Upon binding of the bacterial peptide, the N-formyl peptide receptor (FPR) activates a guanyl nucleotide binding protein (G protein) which transduces the signal to intracellular effector ..
- NEUTROPHIL FUNCTION IN DENTAL DISEASEErnesto DeNardin; Fiscal Year: 1991..in chemotaxis involves the binding of chemotactic peptides such as N-formyl--1-methionyl-1-leucyl-1-phenylalanine (FMLP), and presumably, some message transmission from the outside to the inside of the cell...
- FORMYL PEPTIDE RECEPTOR OF HUMAN NEUTROPHILSH Perez; Fiscal Year: 1992..All these functions are mediated by the binding of fp to structurally specific formyl peptide receptors (FPR) on the PMN membrane...
- REGULATION OF HUMAN PHAGOCYTE FUNCTION BY RAC PROTEINSUlla Knaus; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our studies so far point to a role of Pak in several aspects of the fMLP-induced respiratory burst including multiple phosphorylation events and association with cytochrome b558...
- MOLECULAR ASPECTS OF PMN FUNCTION IN DENTAL DISEASEErnesto DeNardin; Fiscal Year: 2005..3) identify and characterize residues and domains of the FMLP receptor involved in transmembrane signaling...
- NEUTROPHIL MOVEMENT--CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR CONTROLThomas Howard; Fiscal Year: 1992..We will utilize fMLP to modify motility and cytskeletal organziation in neutrophils and quantify locomotive behavior, shape, F-actin ..
- Mechanisms of chemoattractant receptor regulationHEINI MIETTINEN; Fiscal Year: 2005..In the hierarchy of receptor cross-desensitization, the formyl peptide receptor (FPR) is the dominant receptor, i.e...
- MECHANISMS OF LEUKOCYTE ACTIVATION AND CHEMOTAXISEric Prossnitz; Fiscal Year: 2002..The specific aims of this proposal include the determination of the role of the N-formyl peptide receptor (FPR) activation I the physical binding of the receptor to G protein...