Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FOXH1
Description: forkhead box H1
Alias: FAST-1, FAST1, forkhead box protein H1, TGF-beta/activin signal transducer, fast-2, forkhead activin signal transducer 2, forkhead activin signal transducer-1, hFAST-1
- Cheng Q, Shi Y, Li Z, Kang H, Xiang Z, Kong L. FAST1 promotes the migration and invasion of colorectal cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2019;509:407-413 pubmed publisherThe forkhead activin signal transducer 1 (FAST1) is involved in several oncogenic signaling pathways and its abnormal expression has been discovered in some cancers. Yet the role of FAST1 in colorectal cancer (CRC) remains largely unclear...
- Wang D, Ning C, Liu J, Zhang Q, Jiang L. Short communication: Replication of genome-wide association studies for milk production traits in Chinese Holstein by an efficient rotated linear mixed model. J Dairy Sci. 2019;102:2378-2383 pubmed publisher..Five detected genes (CYHR1, FOXH1, OPLAH, PLEC, VPS28) have effects on all 3 traits...
- Chiu W, Charney Le R, Blitz I, Fish M, Li Y, Biesinger J, et al. Genome-wide view of TGFÎ²/Foxh1 regulation of the early mesendoderm program. Development. 2014;141:4537-47 pubmed publisherNodal/TGFÎ² signaling regulates diverse biological responses. By combining RNA-seq on Foxh1 and Nodal signaling loss-of-function embryos with ChIP-seq of Foxh1 and Smad2/3, we report a comprehensive genome-wide interaction between ..
- Chen H, Babino D, Schoenbichler S, Arkhipova V, Töchterle S, Martin F, et al. Nmnat1-Rbp7 Is a Conserved Fusion-Protein That Combines NAD+ Catalysis of Nmnat1 with Subcellular Localization of Rbp7. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0143825 pubmed publisher..We find that early embryonic rbp7a expression is negatively regulated by the Nodal/FoxH1-signaling pathway and we show that Nodal/FoxH1 activity has the opposite effect on aldh1a2, which encodes the ..
- Camci M, Aydogan P, Ulgut B, Kocabas C, Suzer S. XPS enables visualization of electrode potential screening in an ionic liquid medium with temporal- and lateral-resolution. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2016;18:28434-28440 pubmed..On the other extreme, upon imposing relatively fast 1 kHz SQW pulses the charge screening is prevented and the device is brought to assume a simple resistor role...
- Anjomani Virmouni S, Ezzatizadeh V, Sandi C, Sandi M, Al Mahdawi S, Chutake Y, et al. A novel GAA-repeat-expansion-based mouse model of Friedreich's ataxia. Dis Model Mech. 2015;8:225-35 pubmed publisher..These novel GAA-repeat-expansion-based YAC transgenic FRDA mice, which exhibit progressive FRDA-like pathology, represent an excellent model for the investigation of FRDA disease mechanisms and therapy. ..
- Mikaeili H, Sandi M, Bayot A, Al Mahdawi S, Pook M. FAST-1 antisense RNA epigenetically alters FXN expression. Sci Rep. 2018;8:17217 pubmed publisher..Our findings also support the hypothesis that inhibition of FAST-1 may be a potential approach for FRDA therapy. ..
- Xu X, Wang L, Liu B, Xie W, Chen Y. Activin/Smad2 and Wnt/β-catenin up-regulate HAS2 and ALDH3A2 to facilitate mesendoderm differentiation of human embryonic stem cells. J Biol Chem. 2018;293:18444-18453 pubmed publisher..As a result, recruitment of the forkhead protein FOXH1 on open chromatin regions integrates the signals of Activin/Smad2 and Wnt/β-catenin to activate the expression of ..
- Soukup V, Mrstakova S, Kozmik Z. Asymmetric pitx2 expression in medaka epithalamus is regulated by nodal signaling through an intronic enhancer. Dev Genes Evol. 2018;228:131-139 pubmed publisher..Further, we identify that three foxh1-binding sites present in this enhancer modulate expression of the transgene and that the second site is absolutely ..
- Halstead A, Wright C. Disrupting Foxh1-Groucho interaction reveals robustness of nodal-based embryonic patterning. Mech Dev. 2015;136:155-65 pubmed publisherThe winged-helix transcription factor Foxh1 is an essential regulator of Nodal signaling during the key developmental processes of gastrulation, anterior-posterior (A-P) patterning, and the derivation of left-right (L-R) asymmetry...
- Nelson A, Cutty S, Niini M, Stemple D, Flicek P, Houart C, et al. Global identification of Smad2 and Eomesodermin targets in zebrafish identifies a conserved transcriptional network in mesendoderm and a novel role for Eomesodermin in repression of ectodermal gene expression. BMC Biol. 2014;12:81 pubmed publisher..Combinatorial perturbation of Eomesa and Smad2-interacting factor Foxh1 results in loss of both mesoderm and endoderm markers, confirming the role of Eomesa in endoderm formation and its ..
- Zhu H. Forkhead box transcription factors in embryonic heart development and congenital heart disease. Life Sci. 2016;144:194-201 pubmed publisher..An abundance of studies in model organisms and systems has established that Foxa2, Foxc1/c2, Foxh1 and Foxm1, Foxos and Foxps are important components of the signaling pathways that instruct cardiogenesis and ..
- Conev N, Donev I, Stoyanov D. One-minute time interval estimation as a novel ultrashort tool for distress screening. Support Care Cancer. 2018;: pubmed publisher..assessed in 262 chemonaïve patients with solid tumors by evaluating each subject's prospective estimation of how fast 1 min passed compared to the actual time...
- Pape T, Rosenow J, Steiner M, Parrish T, Guernon A, Harton B, et al. Placebo-Controlled Trial of Familiar Auditory Sensory Training for Acute Severe Traumatic Brain Injury: A Preliminary Report. Neurorehabil Neural Repair. 2015;29:537-47 pubmed publisher..Clinicians should consider providing the FAST to support patient engagement in neurorehabilitation. ..
- Hou J, Wei W, Saund R, Xiang P, Cunningham T, Yi Y, et al. A regulatory network controls nephrocan expression and midgut patterning. Development. 2014;141:3772-81 pubmed publisher..In Foxh1(-/-) embryos in which Nodal signaling is reduced, the Nepn expression domain is expanded into the anterior gut ..
- Runas K, Malmstadt N. Low levels of lipid oxidation radically increase the passive permeability of lipid bilayers. Soft Matter. 2015;11:499-505 pubmed publisher..As passive transport is an important mechanism for drug delivery, understanding the relationship between oxidation and permeation could provide insight into the pharmaceutical characteristics of tissues with oxidative damage. ..
- Costello I, Pimeisl I, DrÃ¤ger S, Bikoff E, Robertson E, Arnold S. The T-box transcription factor Eomesodermin acts upstream of Mesp1 to specify cardiac mesoderm during mouse gastrulation. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:1084-91 pubmed publisher..cell lineage, formation of cardiac progenitors requires only low levels of Nodal activity accomplished through a Foxh1/Smad4-independent mechanism...
- Terada T, Wilson B, Myette Cόté E, Kuzik N, Bell G, McCargar L, et al. Targeting specific interstitial glycemic parameters with high-intensity interval exercise and fasted-state exercise in type 2 diabetes. Metabolism. 2016;65:599-608 pubmed publisher..Performing HIIE under fasted condition may be most advantageous as it lowered most aspects of glycemia. ..
- Edgett B, Hughes M, Matusiak J, Perry C, Simpson C, Gurd B. SIRT3 gene expression but not SIRT3 subcellular localization is altered in response to fasting and exercise in human skeletal muscle. Exp Physiol. 2016;101:1101-13 pubmed publisher..05]. These findings suggest that SIRT3 does not appear to be regulated by changes in mitochondrial localization at the time points measured in the present study in response to cellular energy stress in human skeletal muscle. ..
- Reid C, Steiner A, Yaklichkin S, Lu Q, Wang S, Hennessy M, et al. FoxH1 mediates a Grg4 and Smad2 dependent transcriptional switch in Nodal signaling during Xenopus mesoderm development. Dev Biol. 2016;414:34-44 pubmed publisher..Here we describe a transcriptional switch mechanism mediated by FoxH1, the principle effector of Nodal autoregulation...
- Liu Z, Nguyen V, Harvey J, MÃ¼ller J, Peeters J. The photolysis of Î±-hydroperoxycarbonyls. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2018;20:6970-6979 pubmed publisher..OCHCH(OOH)CH3 as a model compound, we show that the likely major photolysis mechanism is a fast 1,5 H-shift in the initially excited singlet S1 state followed by spontaneous elimination of singlet ..
- Alva Murillo N, Ochoa Zarzosa A, López Meza J. Sodium Octanoate Modulates the Innate Immune Response of Bovine Mammary Epithelial Cells through the TLR2/P38/JNK/ERK1/2 Pathway: Implications during Staphylococcus aureus Internalization. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2017;7:78 pubmed publisher..aureus invasion. Additionally, NaO (1 mM) might exert anti-inflammatory effects after bacterial internalization. ..
- Michiels B, Nguyen V, Coenen S, Ryckebosch P, Bossuyt N, Hens N. Influenza epidemic surveillance and prediction based on electronic health record data from an out-of-hours general practitioner cooperative: model development and validation on 2003-2015 data. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:84 pubmed publisher..OOH GPC data can be used to predict influenza epidemics both accurately and fast 1-week and one-season ahead...
- Krause J, PÃ©rez J, Meddle S, Wingfield J. Effects of short-term fasting on stress physiology, body condition, and locomotor activity in wintering male white-crowned sparrows. Physiol Behav. 2017;177:282-290 pubmed publisher..Together this suggests that reduced food availability is responsible, at least in part, for the rapid elevation both baseline corticosterone under any duration of fast and stress-induced concentrations during short-term fasts. ..
- Niu J, Liu C, Yang F, Wang Z, Wang B, Zhang Q, et al. Characterization and genomic structure of Dnah9, and its roles in nodal signaling pathways in the Japanese flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Fish Physiol Biochem. 2016;42:167-78 pubmed publisher..All evidences indicated that Dnah9 might be downstream of nodal during the early development stages, and an indirect function through SMADs for nodal signaling pathway. ..
- Buter J, Heijnen D, Vila C, Hornillos V, Otten E, Giannerini M, et al. Palladium-Catalyzed, tert-Butyllithium-Mediated Dimerization of Aryl Halides and Its Application in the Atropselective Total Synthesis of Mastigophoreneâ€…A. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2016;55:3620-4 pubmed publisher..The chiral biaryl axis is constructed with an atropselectivity of 9:1 owing to catalyst-induced remote point-to-axial chirality transfer. ..
- Zhang L, Yang Q, Jiang H, Liu G, Huang W, Dong W. Reconstruction of Complex Facial Defects Using Cervical Expanded Flap Prefabricated by Temporoparietal Fascia Flap. J Craniofac Surg. 2015;26:e472-5 pubmed publisher..Postoperative follow-up 6 months, the color, texture of prefabricated flap was well-matched with facial skin. This method of expanded prefabricated flap may provide a reliable solution to the complex facial resurfacing. ..
- Ferriday D, Bosworth M, Lai S, Godinot N, Martin N, Martin A, et al. Effects of eating rate on satiety: A role for episodic memory?. Physiol Behav. 2015;152:389-96 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we are unable to conclude that episodic memory mediates effects of eating rate on satiety. ..
- Pinal Fernández I, Pineda Sanchez V, Pallisa Núñez E, Simeon Aznar C, Selva O Callaghan A, Fonollosa Pla V, et al. Fast 1.5 T chest MRI for the assessment of interstitial lung disease extent secondary to systemic sclerosis. Clin Rheumatol. 2016;35:2339-45 pubmed publisher..86) and inter-observer (ICC?=?0.90) reliability. In SSc patients, MRI proved to be a good technique to detect and categorize ILD extent compared with HRCT, suggesting that it may be a valuable x-ray sparing technique for selected cases. ..
- Wang G, Liu L, Guo S, Zhang C. Expression and distribution of forkhead activin signal transducer 2 (FAST2) during follicle development in mouse ovaries and pre-implantation embryos. Acta Histochem. 2016;118:632-639 pubmed publisherXenopus forkhead activin signal transducer 1 (xFAST 1) was first characterized in Xenopus as the transcriptional partner for Smad proteins...
- Miyazono K, Moriwaki S, Ito T, Kurisaki A, Asashima M, Tanokura M. Hydrophobic patches on SMAD2 and SMAD3 determine selective binding to cofactors. Sci Signal. 2018;11: pubmed publisher..and SMAD3 select cofactors, we determined the crystal structures of SMAD3 in complex with the transcription factor FOXH1 and SMAD2 in complex with the transcriptional corepressor SKI...
- Huang C, Chen N, Wu X, He Y, Huang C, Liu H, et al. Zebrafish let-7b acts downstream of hypoxia-inducible factor-1? to assist in hypoxia-mediated cell proliferation and cell cycle regulation. Life Sci. 2017;171:21-29 pubmed publisher..real-time PCR (qRT-PCR) and western blot were used to determine the expression of let-7b/7f, Hif-1? and Foxh1. Proliferation of ZF4 cells was examined using Cell Counting Kit-8 (CCK-8) and cell cycle progression was analyzed ..
- Brauner T, Pourcelot P, Crevier Denoix N, Horstmann T, Wearing S. Achilles Tendon Load is Progressively Increased with Reductions in Walking Speed. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2017;49:2001-2008 pubmed publisher..These findings question the rationale for current progressive loading protocols involving the Achilles tendon, in which reduced walking speeds are advocated early in the course of treatment to lower Achilles tendon loads. ..
- Nishitani E, Li C, Lee J, Hotta H, Katayama Y, Yamaguchi M, et al. Pou5f3.2-induced proliferative state of embryonic cells during gastrulation of Xenopus laevis embryo. Dev Growth Differ. 2015;57:591-600 pubmed publisher..analyses showed that one of the conserved regions contained an enhancer region, which had several Smad2/3 and FoxH1 binding motifs. ChIP assay demonstrated that Smad2 binds to the enhancer region...
- Wu S, Gao Y, Ge Z. Optimal use of polyethylene glycol for preparation of small bowel video capsule endoscopy: a network meta-analysis. Curr Med Res Opin. 2017;33:1149-1154 pubmed publisher..This study recommends PEG 2â€‰L as the ideal dose, which may improve the SBVQ of VCE and, therefore, diagnostic accuracy. Multi-center randomized controlled trials are required to verify these findings. ..
- Jandera P, HÃ¡jek T. Possibilities of retention prediction in fast gradient liquid chromatography. Part 3: Short silica monolithic columns. J Chromatogr A. 2015;1410:76-89 pubmed publisher..6mm, and a "new generation" Chromolith High Resolution C18, 50Ã—4.6mm, in fast 1-2min gradients...
- Eng A, Chua C, Pumera M. Facile labelling of graphene oxide for superior capacitive energy storage and fluorescence applications. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2016;18:9673-81 pubmed publisher..The dual enhancement of dissimilar properties such as capacitance and fluorescence emphasizes the continued significance of covalent functionalisation towards tuning of properties in graphene-type materials. ..
- Alva Murillo N, Medina Estrada I, BÃ¡ez MagaÃ±a M, Ochoa Zarzosa A, LÃ³pez Meza J. The activation of the TLR2/p38 pathway by sodium butyrate in bovine mammary epithelial cells is involved in the reduction of Staphylococcus aureus internalization. Mol Immunol. 2015;68:445-55 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results suggest that 0.5mM NaB activates bMECs via TLR2/p38, which leads to improved antimicrobial defense before/after pathogen invasion, and NaB may exert anti-inflammatory effects during infection. ..
- Harada T, Lincoln S, Kee T. Excited-state dynamics of the medicinal pigment curcumin in a hydrogel. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2016;18:28125-28133 pubmed..Overall, we show that excited-state intramolecular hydrogen atom transfer and solvent reorganisation are major photophysical events for curcumin in the PAAC18 hydrogel. ..
- Zhang K. Gctf: Real-time CTF determination and correction. J Struct Biol. 2016;193:1-12 pubmed publisher..The results from several representative datasets are shown and discussed in this paper. ..
- Kim Y, Chang S. Borane-Catalyzed Reductive Î±-Silylation of Conjugated Esters and Amides Leaving Carbonyl Groups Intact. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2016;55:218-22 pubmed publisher..Mechanistic studies revealed two operative steps: fast 1,4-hydrosilylation of conjugated carbonyls and then slow silyl group migration of a silyl ether intermediate.
- Gellis A, Primas N, Hutter S, Lanzada G, Remusat V, Verhaeghe P, et al. Looking for new antiplasmodial quinazolines: DMAP-catalyzed synthesis of 4-benzyloxy- and 4-aryloxy-2-trichloromethylquinazolines and their in vitro evaluation toward Plasmodium falciparum. Eur J Med Chem. 2016;119:34-44 pubmed publisher..Finally, the most active and selective molecules (Selectivity Index = 22-27) were the ones presenting either an unsubstituted benzyloxy group or a phenoxy group, this last bearing a p-bromo or an o-acetyl substituent. ..
- Chen C, Chiu C, Lee K, Hsu C, Chen H, Huang T, et al. JAK2V617F influences epigenomic changes in myeloproliferative neoplasms. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;494:470-476 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the methylation changes in the direct target loci (FOXH1, HOXC9, and SRF) were clustered independently from the control locus (L1TD1) and other mutation genes (HMGA2 and ..
- Khan S, Khan S, Usman J. Effects of toe-out and toe-in gait with varying walking speeds on knee joint mechanics and lower limb energetics. Gait Posture. 2017;53:185-192 pubmed publisher..However, their effects were inconsistent at different speeds. Therefore, walking speed should be taken into account when prescribing toe-out/-in gait. ..
- Zhao H, Choi K. A CRISPR screen identifies genes controlling Etv2 threshold expression in murine hemangiogenic fate commitment. Nat Commun. 2017;8:541 pubmed publisher..We identify the forkhead transcription factor Foxh1, in part through Eomes, to be critical for the formation of FLK1+ mesoderm, from which the ..
- Wotton D, Lo R, Lee S, Massague J. A Smad transcriptional corepressor. Cell. 1999;97:29-39 pubmed..Formation of one of these two mutually exclusive complexes is determined by the relative levels of Smad corepressors and coactivators within the cell. ..
- Wang B, Yan J, Mi R, Zhou S, Xie X, Wang J, et al. Forkhead box H1 (FOXH1) sequence variants in ventricular septal defect. Int J Cardiol. 2010;145:83-5 pubmed publisherTo investigate the possible genetic role of FOXH1 in the pathogenesis of ventricular septal defect (VSD)...
- Cui Q, Lim S, Zhao B, Hoffmann F. Selective inhibition of TGF-beta responsive genes by Smad-interacting peptide aptamers from FoxH1, Lef1 and CBP. Oncogene. 2005;24:3864-74 pubmed..three Smad-binding peptide aptamers by introducing Smad interaction motifs from Smad-binding proteins CBP, FoxH1 and Lef1 into the scaffold protein E. coli thioredoxin A (Trx)...
- Cao Y, Siegel D, Oswald F, Knöchel W. Oct25 represses transcription of nodal/activin target genes by interaction with signal transducers during Xenopus gastrulation. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:34168-77 pubmed publisher..on the promoters of Gsc and Mix2 between Oct25 and the signal transducers of the nodal/activin pathway, WBSCR11, FAST1, and Smad2...
- Hamzey R, Kirk E, Vasudevan E. Gait speed influences aftereffect size following locomotor adaptation, but only in certain environments. Exp Brain Res. 2016;234:1479-90 pubmed publisher..This suggests that different factors influence aftereffect size in different walking environments and for different measures of coordination. ..
- Wang X, Ma Y, Hou B, Lam W. Influence of Gait Speeds on Contact Forces of Lower Limbs. J Healthc Eng. 2017;2017:6375976 pubmed publisher..05). Therefore, the risk of knee cartilage and ligament damage associated with the increased knee contact forces should require further attention...
- Dou C, Lee J, Liu B, Liu F, Massague J, Xuan S, et al. BF-1 interferes with transforming growth factor beta signaling by associating with Smad partners. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:6201-11 pubmed
- Iratni R, Yan Y, Chen C, Ding J, Zhang Y, Price S, et al. Inhibition of excess nodal signaling during mouse gastrulation by the transcriptional corepressor DRAP1. Science. 2002;298:1996-9 pubmed..studies indicate that DRAP1 interacts with and inhibits DNA binding by the winged-helix transcription factor FoxH1 (FAST), a critical component of a positive feedback loop for Nodal activity...
- Von Both I, Silvestri C, Erdemir T, Lickert H, Walls J, Henkelman R, et al. Foxh1 is essential for development of the anterior heart field. Dev Cell. 2004;7:331-45 pubmed..b>Foxh1 is a forkhead DNA binding transcription factor in the TGFbeta-Smad pathway...
- Hart A, Willson T, Wong M, Parker K, Robb L. Transcriptional regulation of the homeobox gene Mixl1 by TGF-beta and FoxH1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;333:1361-9 pubmed..conferred strong TGF-beta-induced transcription that was dependent on the presence of the DNA-binding protein FoxH1. Further analysis of the Mixl1 promoter identified a proximal response element (PRE) containing SMAD- and FoxH1-..
- Roessler E, Ouspenskaia M, Karkera J, Vélez J, Kantipong A, Lacbawan F, et al. Reduced NODAL signaling strength via mutation of several pathway members including FOXH1 is linked to human heart defects and holoprosencephaly. Am J Hum Genet. 2008;83:18-29 pubmed publisher..Here we report our studies of FOXH1, CFC1, and SMAD2 and summarize our mutational analysis of three additional components in the human NODAL-signaling ..
- Liu F, Pouponnot C, Massague J. Dual role of the Smad4/DPC4 tumor suppressor in TGFbeta-inducible transcriptional complexes. Genes Dev. 1997;11:3157-67 pubmed..The dual function of Smad4 in transcriptional activation underscores its central role in TGFbeta signaling. ..
- Noda D, Itoh S, Watanabe Y, Inamitsu M, Dennler S, Itoh F, et al. ELAC2, a putative prostate cancer susceptibility gene product, potentiates TGF-beta/Smad-induced growth arrest of prostate cells. Oncogene. 2006;25:5591-600 pubmed..Furthermore, activation of the p21 CDK inhibitor promoter by TGF-beta is potentiated by ELAC2. Taken together our data indicate an important transcriptional scaffold function for ELAC2 in TGF-beta/Smad signaling mediated growth arrest. ..
- Zhang S, Fei T, Zhang L, Zhang R, Chen F, Ning Y, et al. Smad7 antagonizes transforming growth factor beta signaling in the nucleus by interfering with functional Smad-DNA complex formation. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:4488-99 pubmed..Finally, we provide evidence that Smad7 disrupts the formation of the TGF-beta-induced functional Smad-DNA complex. Our findings suggest that Smad7 inhibits TGF-beta signaling in the nucleus by a novel mechanism. ..
- Yoon S, Wills A, Chuong E, Gupta R, Baker J. HEB and E2A function as SMAD/FOXH1 cofactors. Genes Dev. 2011;25:1654-61 pubmed publisher..We identified a new motif, termed SMAD complex-associated (SCA), that is bound by SMAD2/3/4 and FOXH1 in human embryonic stem cells (hESCs) and derived endoderm...
- Pessah M, Prunier C, Marais J, Ferrand N, Mazars A, Lallemand F, et al. c-Jun interacts with the corepressor TG-interacting factor (TGIF) to suppress Smad2 transcriptional activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:6198-203 pubmed..These studies thus reveal a mechanism for suppression of Smad2 signaling pathway by JNK cascade through transcriptional repression. ..
- Zhou S, Zawel L, Lengauer C, Kinzler K, Vogelstein B. Characterization of human FAST-1, a TGF beta and activin signal transducer. Mol Cell. 1998;2:121-7 pubmed..These data suggest that responses to TGF beta family members may be mediated by a DNA-binding complex formed by hFAST-1, hSmad2, and hSmad4. ..
- Chiba S, Takeshita K, Imai Y, Kumano K, Kurokawa M, Masuda S, et al. Homeoprotein DLX-1 interacts with Smad4 and blocks a signaling pathway from activin A in hematopoietic cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:15577-82 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that DLX1 may function as a regulator of multiple signals from TGF-beta superfamily members in broad biological contexts during blood production. ..
- Chen G, Nomura M, Morinaga H, Matsubara E, Okabe T, Goto K, et al. Modulation of androgen receptor transactivation by FoxH1. A newly identified androgen receptor corepressor. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:36355-63 pubmed..b>FoxH1, a member of the Forkhead-box (FOX) gene family of transcription factors, takes part in mediating transforming ..
- Stettner M, Nance J, Wright C, Kinoshita Y, Kim W, Morgello S, et al. SMAD proteins of oligodendroglial cells regulate transcription of JC virus early and late genes coordinately with the Tat protein of human immunodeficiency virus type 1. J Gen Virol. 2009;90:2005-14 pubmed publisher..it was shown that exogenous Tat enhanced binding of SMAD2, -3 and -4 and their binding partner Fast1 to the JCV CR in living cells...
- Pagliazzi M, Sekar S, Colombo L, Martinenghi E, Minnema J, Erdmann R, et al. Time domain diffuse correlation spectroscopy with a high coherence pulsed source: in vivo and phantom results. Biomed Opt Express. 2017;8:5311-5325 pubmed publisher..This work paves the way to the translation of this approach to practical in vivo use...
- Adhikari S, Xia Y. Thiyl Radical-Based Charge Tagging Enables Sterol Quantitation via Mass Spectrometry. Anal Chem. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The analytical utility of thiyl radical charge tagging method has been demonstrated by quantifying sterols from human plasma and vegetable oil...
- Seo S, Ferrand N, Faresse N, Prunier C, Abecassis L, Pessah M, et al. Nuclear retention of the tumor suppressor cPML by the homeodomain protein TGIF restricts TGF-beta signaling. Mol Cell. 2006;23:547-59 pubmed..We suggest that the interaction of TGIF with cPML through c-Jun may negatively regulate TGF-beta signaling through controlling the localization of cPML and, consequently, the assembly of the cPML-SARA complex. ..
- Charney R, Forouzmand E, Cho J, Cheung J, Paraiso K, Yasuoka Y, et al. Foxh1 Occupies cis-Regulatory Modules Prior to Dynamic Transcription Factor Interactions Controlling the Mesendoderm Gene Program. Dev Cell. 2017;40:595-607.e4 pubmed publisher..We explore the dynamic genome-wide interactions of Foxh1, a maternal transcription factor that mediates Nodal/TGF-Î² signaling, with cis-regulatory modules (CRMs) during ..
- Liu Y, Xu Y, Li X, Chen Z. Smad4 suppresses the progression of renal cell carcinoma via the activation of forkhead box protein H1. Mol Med Rep. 2015;11:2717-22 pubmed publisher..The expression of Smad4 reduced the growth rate of RCC. The levels of Smad4 and forkhead box protein H1 (FOXH1) mRNA were reduced, while the levels of estrogen receptor were increased in RCC cells compared ..
- Tavares A, Andrade S, Silva A, Belo J. Cerberus is a feedback inhibitor of Nodal asymmetric signaling in the chick embryo. Development. 2007;134:2051-60 pubmed..5' genomic sequences in electroporated chick embryos, we identified a cCer left-side enhancer that contains two FoxH1 and one SMAD binding site...
- Yum J, Jeong H, Kim S, Seo J, Han Y, Lee K, et al. PKA-mediated stabilization of FoxH1 negatively regulates ERalpha activity. Mol Cells. 2009;28:67-71 pubmed publisher..However, in several ERalpha-positive breast cancer cells, PKA inhibits estrogen-dependent cell growth. FoxH1 represses the transcriptional activities of estrogen receptors and androgen receptors (AR)...
- Liu S, Jiang J, Chen J, Wei Q, Yao W, Xia F, et al. A DFT calculation-inspired Rh(i)-catalyzed reaction via suppression of α-H shift in α-alkyldiazoacetates. Chem Sci. 2017;8:4312-4317 pubmed publisher..the association of a Rh(i) complex to form the corresponding active ammonium ylide, which was trapped before the fast 1,2-H transfer process...
- Liu B, Dou C, Prabhu L, Lai E. FAST-2 is a mammalian winged-helix protein which mediates transforming growth factor beta signals. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:424-30 pubmed..We have also examined the structure of the FAST-2 gene and find that it overlaps with a kinesin motor protein gene. The genes are transcribed in opposite orientations, and their transcripts overlap in the 3' untranslated region. ..
- Seoane J, Le H, Shen L, Anderson S, Massague J. Integration of Smad and forkhead pathways in the control of neuroepithelial and glioblastoma cell proliferation. Cell. 2004;117:211-23 pubmed..We suggest that the activity of this network confers resistance to TGF-beta-mediated cytostasis during the development of the telencephalic neuroepithelium and in glioblastoma brain tumor cells. ..
- Jang S, Kim C, Kim J, Choi K. Transcriptional regulatory network of SOX4 during myoblast differentiation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;462:365-70 pubmed publisher..These results will provide opportunities to better understand the SOX4-centered transcriptional regulation network and TF-based specific gene expression in various cellular environments. ..
- Kelemen S, Eisen H, Autieri M. Expression of the FAST-1 transcription factor in coronary artery transplant vasculopathy and activated vascular smooth muscle cells. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2005;24:246-50 pubmed
- Chen X, Weisberg E, Fridmacher V, Watanabe M, Naco G, Whitman M. Smad4 and FAST-1 in the assembly of activin-responsive factor. Nature. 1997;389:85-9 pubmed..These results indicate that Smad4 stabilizes a ligand-stimulated Smad2-FAST-1 complex as an active DNA-binding factor. ..