Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FOLR1
Description: folate receptor 1 (adult)
Alias: FBP, FOLR, FR-alpha, KB cells FBP, adult folate-binding protein, folate binding protein, folate receptor alpha, folate receptor, adult, ovarian tumor-associated antigen MOv18
Publications145 found, 100 shown here
- Folate-binding protein is a marker for ovarian cancerI G Campbell
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London, England
Cancer Res 51:5329-38. 1991..antigen recognized by monoclonal antibody MOv18 and its identification as a high-affinity folate-binding protein (FBP)...
- Unmetabolized folic acid and total folate concentrations in breast milk are unaffected by low-dose folate supplementsLisa A Houghton
Physiology and Experimental Medicine, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada
Am J Clin Nutr 89:216-20. 2009..Few data exist on the potential long-term effect of high folic acid intakes on milk folate concentrations, whereas no data are available on the effect of supplemental [6S]-5-methyltetrahydrofolate ([6S]-5-methylTHF)...
- Induction of folate receptor type beta in a bone marrow engraftment model of acute myelogenous leukemiaB W Blaser
Leukemia 21:2233-5. 2007
- The binding of folic acid and 5-methyltetrahydrofolate to folate-binding proteins during gastric passage differs in a dynamic in vitro gastrointestinal modelMiriam Verwei
Department of Nutritional Physiology, TNO Nutrition and Food Research, 3700 AJ Zeist, The Netherlands
J Nutr 134:31-7. 2004..untreated milk, the natural folate, 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-CH3-H4folate), is bound to folate-binding proteins (FBP)...
- Folic acid and 5-methyltetrahydrofolate in fortified milk are bioaccessible as determined in a dynamic in vitro gastrointestinal modelMiriam Verwei
TNO WU Center for Micronutrient Research, 3700 AJ Zeist, The Netherlands
J Nutr 133:2377-83. 2003..Milk folate-binding proteins (FBP) are especially interesting because they seem to be involved in folate bioavailability...
- Neural tube defects and folate pathway genes: family-based association tests of gene-gene and gene-environment interactionsAbee L Boyles
Center for Human Genetics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Environ Health Perspect 114:1547-52. 2006..Most studies addressed these genes individually, often with different populations providing conflicting results...
- The folate receptor alpha is frequently overexpressed in osteosarcoma samples and plays a role in the uptake of the physiologic substrate 5-methyltetrahydrofolateRui Yang
Department of Pediatrics and Molecular Pharmacology, The Albert Einstein College of Medicine, The Children s Hospital at Montefiore, Bronx, New York 10467, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:2557-67. 2007..Although defective RFC-mediated transport was frequently identified as a mechanism of methotrexate (MTX) resistance in osteosarcoma, the status of FR and its role in this disease are unknown...
- Folate receptor overexpression is associated with poor outcome in breast cancerLynn C Hartmann
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic Cancer Center and Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN
Int J Cancer 121:938-42. 2007..001. Our work requires validation in a larger cohort, but supports the possibility of using folate receptor-targeted approaches in the management of breast cancer...
- Coordination of iron by the ferric iron-binding protein of pathogenic Neisseria is homologous to the transferrinsA J Nowalk
Department of Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pennsylvania 15261
Biochemistry 33:12769-75. 1994The ferric iron-binding protein (Fbp) functions as a periplasmic-binding protein in the high-affinity active transport of growth-essential iron by pathogenic Neisseria...
- Effect of folate-binding protein on intestinal transport of folic acid and 5-methyltetrahydrofolate across Caco-2 cellsMiriam Verwei
Physiological Sciences Dept, TNO Nutrition and Food Research, 360, 3700 AJ, Zeist, The Netherlands
Eur J Nutr 44:242-9. 2005..In milk, folate occurs bound to folate-binding proteins (FBP)...
- Structural insights into the substrate binding and stereoselectivity of giardia fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolaseAndrey Galkin
W M Keck Laboratory for Structural Biology, Center for Advanced Research in Biotechnology, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Biochemistry 48:3186-96. 2009..a member of the class II zinc-dependent aldolase family that catalyzes the cleavage of d-fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP) into dihydroxyacetone phosphate (DHAP) and d-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate (G3P)...
- Linkage between fructose 1,6-bisphosphate binding and the dimer-tetramer equilibrium of Escherichia coli glycerol kinase: critical behavior arising from change of ligand stoichiometryPeng Yu
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Center for Advanced Biomolecular Research, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 2128, USA
Biochemistry 42:4243-52. 2003..7.1.30; ATP-glycerol 3-phosphotransferase) is inhibited allosterically by fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP), and this inhibition is a primary mechanism by which glucose controls glycerol utilization in vivo...
- [Quantitative and qualitative studies of Campylobacter in a sewage treatment plant]C Holler
Abteilung Hygiene, Sozialhygiene und Gesundheitswesen im Klinikum, Universitat Kiel
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg B 185:326-39. 1988..Preston broth and -agar containing FBP supplement were used as nutrient media. The samples were incubated at 37 degrees C and 42 degrees C, respectively...
- A novel candidate for the true fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase in archaeaNaeem Rashid
Department of Synthetic Chemistry and Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Yoshida Honmachi, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:30649-55. 2002..FBPase from strain KOD1 was partially purified, its N-terminal amino acid sequence was determined, and the gene (Tk-fbp) was cloned. Tk-fbp encoded a protein of 375 amino acid residues with a molecular mass of 41,658 Da...
- Characteristics of reduced fat milks as influenced by the incorporation of folic acidK Achanta
School of Animal Sciences, Louisiana State University Agricultural Center, Baton Rouge 70803, USA
J Dairy Sci 90:90-8. 2007..Fortification of reduced fat milks with folic acid can be accomplished without adversely affecting the product characteristics...
- Flow cytometric measurement of fluorescence (Förster) resonance energy transfer from cyan fluorescent protein to yellow fluorescent protein using single-laser excitation at 458 nmLiusheng He
Flow Cytometry Section, Office of Science and Technology, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculosketal and Skin Diseases NIH, 9000 Rockville Pike, Building 10, Room 9N228, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cytometry A 53:39-54. 2003....
- Immunohistochemical reactivity of a monoclonal antibody prepared against human ovarian carcinoma on normal and pathological female genital tissuesR Veggian
Istituto di Ginecologia e Ostetricia, , Italy
Tumori 75:510-3. 1989..The antigen recognized by MOv18 (CaMOv18) therefore seems to be an epithelial cell marker associated with intermediate mesoderm differentiation, which can be derepressed during the neoplastic transformation of the ovary and the uterus...
- Allelic variation in the secreted folate binding protein gene is associated with uterine capacity in swineJ L Vallet
ARS, USDA, Roman L Hruska U S Meat Animal Research Center, Clay Center, NE 68933, USA
J Anim Sci 83:1860-7. 2005Previous comparisons between the cDNA and gene sequences for secreted folate binding protein (sFBP) indicated a 12-bp insertion/deletion (ins/del) polymorphism in exon 1 and a SNP that altered (Ser-Arg) the protein AA sequence...
- Characterization of the gene encoding a folate-binding protein expressed in human placenta. Identification of promoter activity in a G-rich SP1 site linked with the tandemly repeated GGAAG motif for the ets encoded GA-binding proteinE Sadasivan
Department of Medicine, State University of New York Health Science Center, Brooklyn
J Biol Chem 269:4725-35. 1994The gene encoding a folate-binding protein (FBP) expressed in human placenta has been cloned by screening a genomic library with the KB cell FBP complementary DNA...
- Functional analysis, overexpression, and kinetic characterization of pyruvate kinase from methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusRoya Zoraghi
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of BritishColumbia, Vancouver, Britsih Columbia, CanadaV5Z3J5
Biochemistry 49:7733-47. 2010..with homotetramer architecture activated by AMP or ribose 5-phosphate (R5P), but not by fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP), which suggests a different mode of allosteric regulation when compared with human isozymes, (2) the CT domain is ..
- Crystal structure of a hyperactive Escherichia coli glycerol kinase mutant Gly230 --> Asp obtained using microfluidic crystallization devicesMegan J Anderson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, California Institute of Technology, MS 128 95, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Biochemistry 46:5722-31. 2007..activity and decreased allosteric regulation by the glycolytic pathway intermediate fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP) compared to wild-type GK (GKWT)...
- Anti-ovarian carcinoma anti-T3 heteroconjugates or hybrid antibodies induce tumor cell lysis by cytotoxic T-cellsS Canevari
Instituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Int J Cancer Suppl 2:18-21. 1988..Besides CTL clones, peripheral blood lymphocytes could also be used as cytolytic effectors, provided that a suitable in vitro activation scheme was used...
- Therapeutic efficacy and tumor dose estimations in radioimmunotherapy of intraperitoneally growing OVCAR-3 cells in nude mice with (211)At-labeled monoclonal antibody MX35Jörgen Elgqvist
Department of Radiation Physics, The Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
J Nucl Med 46:1907-15. 2005..Previous studies on mAb MOv18 did not allow for dosimetry because of antigen shedding in vitro...
- Fructose-1,6-bisphosphate and MK-801 by aortic arch flush for cerebral preservation during exsanguination cardiac arrest of 20 min in dogs. An exploratory studyW Behringer
Department of Anesthesiology Critical Care Medicine, Safar Center for Resuscitation Research, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 3434 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Resuscitation 50:205-16. 2001..cerebral hypothermia (which would be more readily available in the field), adding either fructose-1,6-bisphosphate (FBP, a more efficient energy substrate) or MK-801 (an N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor blocker) would also achieve ..
- Urinary fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase activity as a marker of the damage to the renal proximal tubules in children with idiopathic nephrotic syndromeAlina Kepka
Department of Laboratory Diagnostics of the Institute Pomnik Centrum Zdrowia Dziecka, Warsaw, Poland
Clin Chem Lab Med 46:831-5. 2008..Among them is fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase (FBP-1), the key enzyme of gluconeogenesis normally present in the renal convoluted, and to smaller degree, proximal ..
- Structure of a class I tagatose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase: investigation into an apparent loss of stereospecificityClotilde LowKam
Department of Biochemistry, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H3C 3J7, Canada
J Biol Chem 285:21143-52. 2010..The enzyme catalyzes the reversible cleavage of four diastereoisomers (fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP), psicose 1,6-bisphosphate, sorbose 1,6-bisphosphate, and tagatose 1,6-bisphosphate) to dihydroxyacetone phosphate (..
- Biokinetics of the monoclonal antibodies MOv 18, OV 185 and OV 197 labelled with 125I according to the m-MeATE method or the Iodogen method in nude mice with ovarian cancer xenograftsH Andersson
Department of Gynecological Oncology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
Acta Oncol 38:323-8. 1999..The two labelling methods were found to be equivalent. We conclude that MOv18 labelled according the m-MeATE method should be suitable for further therapeutic studies with 211Astatine in nude mice...
- Alteration of substrate specificity by a naturally-occurring aldolase B mutation (Ala337-->Val) in fructose intoleranceP Rellos
Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, Level 5, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, UK
Biochem J 340:321-7. 1999..8 units/mg and 4.5 units/mg towards fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP) and fructose 1-phosphate (F-1-P) as substrates with Michaelis constants of 4 microM and 2.4 mM respectively...
- R5020 and RU486 act as progesterone receptor agonists to enhance Sp1/Sp4-dependent gene transcription by an indirect mechanismAymen Shatnawi
Department of Biochemistry and Cancer Biology, Medical University of Ohio at Toledo, 3035 Arlington Avenue, Toledo, Ohio 43614, USA
Mol Endocrinol 21:635-50. 2007....
- Characterization of feline serum ferritin-binding proteins: the presence of a novel ferritin-binding protein as an inhibitory factor in feline ferritin immunoassayHirofumi Sakamoto
Laboratory of Veterinary Biochemistry, Kitasato University, Aomori, Japan
Biometals 22:793-802. 2009..This result shows that feline serum has another FBP, which inhibits ferritin immunoassays, but not anti-ferritin autoantibody...
- MOv18 monoclonal antibody in diagnostic applications: capability to recognize the histotype of the original tumorC Belloni
IV Clinica Ostetrica Ginecologica, , Italy
Tumori 76:10-3. 1990..The MOv18 reagent, used as an adjuvant in cytological analysis, can help in the identification of the histotype of metastatic cells of unknown origin...
- An immunoreactive 38-kilodalton protein of Ehrlichia canis shares structural homology and iron-binding capacity with the ferric ion-binding protein familyC Kuyler Doyle
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555, USA
Infect Immun 73:62-9. 2005..In this study, a genus-conserved immunoreactive ferric ion-binding protein (Fbp) of Ehrlichia canis was identified and its iron-binding capability was investigated. E...
- Thermodynamic studies of Fenbufen, Diflunisal, and Flurbiprofen: sublimation, solution and solvation of biphenyl substituted drugsSergey V Kurkov
Institute of Solution Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, 153045 Ivanovo, Russia
Int J Pharm 357:100-7. 2008..Heat capacities for Fenbufen, Diflunisal (DIF), and Flurbiprofen (FBP) were measured, and standard thermodynamic functions of sublimation were calculated (FBF: DeltaGsub298=74...
- Comparison of different SUV-based methods for monitoring cytotoxic therapy with FDG PETA Stahl
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Technische Universitat Munchen, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Ismaninger Str 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 31:1471-8. 2004..The aim of this study was to compare commonly applied imaging protocols and calculations of the standardised uptake value (SUV) for the early prediction of histopathological response to chemotherapy...
- Novel magnetic supports for small molecule affinity capture of proteins for use in proteomicsIrving Sucholeiki
MDS Proteomics Inc, Medford, MA, USA
Mol Divers 8:9-19. 2004..polymer composites were used for solid phase synthesis and for the batch affinity chromatography of folate binding protein from a protein mixture...
- The crystal structure of a class II fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase shows a novel binuclear metal-binding active site embedded in a familiar foldS J Cooper
Department of Chemistry, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL, UK
Structure 4:1303-15. 1996..Fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase (FBP-aldolase) is used in gluconeogenesis and glycolysis; the enzyme controls the condensation of dihydroxyacetone ..
- Archaeal fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolases constitute a new family of archaeal type class I aldolaseB Siebers
Department of Microbiology, Universitat Essen, 45117 Essen, Germany
J Biol Chem 276:28710-8. 2001Fructose-1,6-bisphosphate (FBP) aldolase activity has been detected previously in several Archaea...
- Effects of the overexpression of fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase on fermentation pattern and transcription of the genes encoding lactate dehydrogenase and pyruvate formate-lyase in a ruminal bacterium, Streptococcus bovisNarito Asanuma
Department of Life Science, College of Agriculture, Meiji University, Kawasaki 214 8571, Japan
J Gen Appl Microbiol 50:71-8. 2004Whether fructose-1,6-bisphosphate (FBP) triggers the transcriptional regulation of the gene expression of lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) and pyruvate formate-lyase (PFL) in Streptococcus bovis was examined by constructing a recombinant ..
- The curative and palliative potential of the monoclonal antibody MOv18 labelled with 211At in nude mice with intraperitoneally growing ovarian cancer xenografts--a long-term studyH Andersson
Department of Gynecological Oncology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
Acta Oncol 39:741-5. 2000..This treatment possibly delayed the production of ascites. Hopefully radioimmunotherapy with regionally administered 211At-labelled antibody will be of value in women with ovarian cancer as well...
- Folate, vitamin B12 and total homocysteine levels in neonates from BrazilF D Couto
Gonçalo Moniz Research Center FIOCRUZ, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Eur J Clin Nutr 61:382-6. 2007..To determine folates, vitamin B12 and total homocysteine levels among neonates from mothers of low or high socioeconomic status...
- A novel monoclonal antibody for detection of folate receptor alpha in paraffin-embedded tissuesAmy E Smith
Novocastra Laboratories Ltd, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Hybridoma (Larchmt) 26:281-8. 2007..This preliminary study also supports its use in immunohistochemical studies to determine the role of FR-alpha as a tumor prognostic marker and a possible therapeutic target...
- High performance capillary electrophoresis for determination of the enantiomers of 2-arylpropionic acid derivatives in human serum. Pharmacokinetic studies of ketoprofen enantiomers following administration of standard and sustained release tabletsFranciszek K Główka
Department of Physical Pharmacy and Pharmacokinetics, University of Medical Sciences, 6, Swiecickiego Street, 60 781 Poznan, Poland
J Pharm Biomed Anal 35:807-16. 2004..Racemic-ibuprofen (rac-IBP), racemic-flurbiprofen (rac-FBP), racemic-ketoprofen (rac-KTP) and (+)-S-naproxen ((+)-S-NPX--an internal standard) were chosen for these studies...
- Sequence diversity within the argF, fbp and recA genes of natural isolates of Neisseria meningitidis: interspecies recombination within the argF geneJ Zhou
Microbial Genetics Group, School of Biological Sciences, University of Sussex, Falmer, UK
Mol Microbiol 6:2135-46. 1992..of the sequence diversity among meningococci, we obtained the nucleotide sequences of most of the argF, recA and fbp genes of eight meningococci of widely differing electrophoretic type (from the reference collection of Caugant)...
- Five human genes encoding F-box proteins: chromosome mapping and analysis in human tumorsD S Chiaur
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Cytogenet Cell Genet 88:255-8. 2000Members of the F-box protein (Fbp) family are characterized by an approximately 40 amino acid F-box motif...
- Fetal biophysical profile and cerebro-umbilical ratio in assessment of perinatal outcome in growth-restricted fetusesDubravko Habek
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinical Hospital Osijek, Croatia
Fetal Diagn Ther 18:12-6. 2003To examine the value of the fetal biophysical profile (FBP) and the Doppler cerebro-umbilical ratio (C/U) in the assessment of perinatal outcome in growth-restricted and hypoxic fetuses.
- Escherichia coli glycerol kinase: role of a tetramer interface in regulation by fructose 1,6-bisphosphate and phosphotransferase system regulatory protein IIIglcW Z Liu
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843 2128
Biochemistry 33:10120-6. 1994..by protein-protein interactions with IIIglc, a phosphotransferase system protein, and by fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP); each of these allosteric effectors constitutes a positive signal that glucose is available...
- Long-term effects of the family bereavement program on multiple indicators of grief in parentally bereaved children and adolescentsIrwin N Sandler
Department of Psychology, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287 6005, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 78:131-43. 2010This article reports on results from a randomized experimental trial of the effects of the Family Bereavement Program (FBP) on multiple measures of grief experienced by parentally bereaved children and adolescents over a 6-year period.
- Improved tolerance to missing data in myocardial perfusion SPET using OSEM reconstructionR L Hatton
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Ultrasound, Westmead Hospital, NSW 2145 Sydney, Australia
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 31:857-61. 2004..EM algorithm (OSEM), can improve reconstruction and minimise the artefacts compared to filtered back-projection (FBP)...
- Crystal structures of Escherichia coli glycerol kinase variant S58-->W in complex with nonhydrolyzable ATP analogues reveal a putative active conformation of the enzyme as a result of domain motionC E Bystrom
Institute of Molecular Biology, Departments of Physics and Chemistry, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon 97403, USA
Biochemistry 38:3508-18. 1999..quot;half-of-the-sites" reactivity toward ATP and allosteric regulation by fructose 1, 6-bisphosphate (FBP), which has been shown to promote dimer-tetramer assembly and to inhibit only tetramers...
- Excited-state interactions in flurbiprofen-tryptophan dyadsIgnacio Vayá
Departamento de Quimica Instituto de Tecnologia Quimica UPV CSIC, Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, Camino de Vera s n, E 46022 Valencia, Spain
J Phys Chem B 111:9363-71. 2007..on two pairs of diastereomeric dyads that contain the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (S)- or (R)-flurbiprofen (FBP) and (S)-tryptophan (Trp), which is a relevant amino acid present in site I of human serum albumin...
- Is iterative reconstruction an alternative to filtered backprojection in routine processing of dopamine transporter SPECT studies?Walter Koch
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Nucl Med 46:1804-11. 2005..striatal dopamine transporter (DAT) binding is assessed by use of data reconstructed by filtered backprojection (FBP)...
- [Effects of maternal anemia on computerized cardiotocography and fetal biophysical profile]Roseli Mieko Yamamoto Nomura
Faculdade de Medicina, Departamento de Obstetricia e Ginecologia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Rev Bras Ginecol Obstet 31:615-20. 2009To evaluate the influence of maternal hemoglobin (Hb) levels in the patterns of fetal heart rate (FHR) and in the fetal biophysical profile (FBP) in term gestations.
- Ecdysone-regulation of synthesis and processing of fat body protein 1, the larval serum protein receptor of Drosophila melanogasterT Burmester
Institut Jacques Monod, Biologie du Développement, CNRS et Université Paris 6 et Paris 7, France
Eur J Biochem 262:49-55. 1999..Here, we show that the product of the ecdysteroid-inducible gene Fbp-1 (Fat Body Protein 1) is the receptor that binds LSP-1...
- Role of attenuation correction to discriminate defects caused by left bundle branch block versus coronary stenosis in single photon emission computed tomography myocardial perfusion imagingTobias Hoefflinghaus
Cardiovascular Center, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Clin Nucl Med 33:748-51. 2008..To define the impact of attenuation correction (AC) on interpretation of perfusion abnormalities induced by left bundle branch block (LBBB) in myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI) and single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT)...
- Induced fit movements and metal cofactor selectivity of class II aldolases: structure of Thermus aquaticus fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolaseTina Izard
Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38111, USA
J Biol Chem 279:11825-33. 2004Fructose-1,6-bisphosphate (FBP) aldolase is an essential glycolytic enzyme that reversibly cleaves its ketohexose substrate into triose phosphates...
- Mediation of the effects of the family bereavement program on mental health problems of bereaved children and adolescentsJenn Yun Tein
Department of Psychology, Prevention Research Center, Arizona State University, Tempe, USA
Prev Sci 7:179-95. 2006This study presents an analysis of mediation of the effects of the Family Bereavement Program (FBP) to improve mental health outcomes of girls at 11 months following program participation...
- Crystal structure of a complex of Escherichia coli glycerol kinase and an allosteric effector fructose 1,6-bisphosphateM Ormo
Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Oregon, Eugene 97403, USA
Biochemistry 37:16565-72. 1998..in the presence and absence of one of the allosteric regulators of its activity, fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP), at 3.2 and 3.0 A, are presented...
- Molecular coordination of hepatic glucose metabolism by the 6-phosphofructo-2-kinase/fructose-2,6- bisphosphatase:glucokinase complexW Ed Smith
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 1 Veterans Drive, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55417, USA
Mol Endocrinol 21:1478-87. 2007Glucokinase (GK) and 6-phosphofructo-2-kinase (PFK-2)/fructose-2,6-bisphosphatase (FBP-2) are each powerful regulators of hepatic carbohydrate metabolism that have been reported to influence each other's expression, activities, and ..
- Clinical correlative evaluation of an iterative method for reconstruction of brain SPECT imagesF Nobili
Services of Clinical Neurophysiology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Genoa, Viale Benedetto XV, 6, I 16132, Genoa, Italy
Nucl Med Biol 28:627-32. 2001..Mesial temporal structures are deeply located within the brain and the commonly used Filtered Back-Projection (FBP) technique does not fully take into account either the physical parameters of gamma-cameras or geometry of ..
- Structural mechanism for the fine-tuning of CcpA function by the small molecule effectors glucose 6-phosphate and fructose 1,6-bisphosphateMaria A Schumacher
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Unit 1000, University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center University, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Mol Biol 368:1042-50. 2007..of CCR is accomplished by the small molecule effectors, glucose 6-phosphate (G6P) and fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP), which somehow enhance CcpA-(HPr-Ser46-P) binding to DNA...
- Identification of a fibronectin binding protein from Streptococcus mutansJ S Chia
Graduate Institute of Microbiology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Infect Immun 68:1864-70. 2000..130 kDa, as detected by far-Western immunoblotting. The candidate Fn binding protein (FBP-130) was purified to near homogeneity by using Fn coupled Sepharose 4B affinity column chromatography...
- The comparison of cytotoxic T-lymphocyte effects of dendritic cells stimulated by the folate binding protein peptide cultured with IL-15 and IL-2 in solid tumorDong Kyu Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yongdong Severance Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, P O Box 1217, Seoul 135 720, Korea
Yonsei Med J 43:691-700. 2002..These peptides have a restricted length of 8-11 amino acids. The folate binding protein (FBP) is overexpressed in over 90% of ovarian and 20-50% in breast cancers...
- SPECT study of folate receptor-positive malignant and normal tissues in mice using a novel 99mTc-radiofolateCristina Müller
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 49:310-7. 2008..In this study SPECT/CT of FR-positive malignant and normal tissues and organs in mice was performed using an improved organometallic (99m)Tc-radiofolate...
- Lung epithelial healing: a modified seed and soil conceptSusan D Reynolds
Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Health, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Proc Am Thorac Soc 9:27-37. 2012..cells participate in this process: the tissue-specific stem cell (TSC) and the facultative basal progenitor (FBP). The TSC restores the epithelium to its normal structure and function. Thus, the TSC regenerates the epithelium...
- SU-E-I-23: Effective Estimation of Focal Spot Isocenter for Sinograms Obtained with Flying Focal Spot Scans for Filtered Back ProjectionY Yu
VCU, Richmond, VA
Med Phys 39:3630. 2012..flying focal spot (FFS) scans, such that a combined data set could be used with existing filtered back projection (FBP) reconstruction software based on single focal spot (SFS) geometry...
- A folate receptor alpha double-mutated haplotype 1816delC-1841A is distributed throughout Eurasia and associated with lower erythrocyte folate levelsTorbjörn K Nilsson
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Clinical Chemistry, Orebro University Hospital, and School of Health and Medical Sciences, Orebro University, 701 85, Orebro, Sweden
Mol Biol Rep 39:4471-8. 2012..Rare genetic variations in exons of the FR-α gene, FOLR1, were recently shown to cause severe folate deficiency accompanied by neurological and other disturbances...
- Noise reduction in spectral CT: reducing dose and breaking the trade-off between image noise and energy bin selectionShuai Leng
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Med Phys 38:4946-57. 2011..Our purpose was to reduce image noise in spectral CT by exploiting data redundancies in the energy domain to allow flexible selection of the number, width, and location of the energy bins...
- Molecular cloning of the complementary DNA for a human folate binding proteinE Sadasivan
Department of Medicine, State University Health Science, Brooklyn, New York
Proc Soc Exp Biol Med 189:240-4. 1988The complementary DNA for a human folate binding protein has been cloned from a lambda gt11-cDNA library prepared from cultured KB cells...
- Fructose-1,6-bisphosphate does not preserve ATP in hypoxic-ischemic neonatal cerebrocortical slicesJia Liu
Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Medicine, The University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Brain Res 1238:230-8. 2008Fructose-1,6-bisphosphate (FBP), an endogenous intracellular metabolite in glycolysis, was found in many preclinical studies to be neuroprotective during hypoxia-ischemia (HI) when administered exogenously...
- Oral colon targeted delivery systems for treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases: synthesis, in vitro and in vivo assessmentAmal H El-Kamel
Department of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Int J Pharm 358:248-55. 2008..Naproxen, sulindac and flurbiprofen (Fbp) were used...
- Structural and functional analysis of the human KB cell folate receptor gene P4 promoter: cooperation of three clustered Sp1-binding sites with initiator region for basal promoter activityY Saikawa
Medicine Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Biochemistry 34:9951-61. 1995....
- Expression status of folate receptor alpha is significantly correlated with prognosis in non-small-cell lung cancersShotaro Iwakiri
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Shogoin Kawara cho 54, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, 606 8507, Japan
Ann Surg Oncol 15:889-99. 2008To evaluate the prognostic value of folate receptor alpha (FOLR1) and/or reduced folate carrier (RFC1) expression, which are well-characterized folate transporters, in completely resected non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- Evaluation of reconstruction techniques for lung single photon emission tomography: a Monte Carlo studyPernilla Norberg
Department of Radiation Physics, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Sweden
Nucl Med Commun 28:929-36. 2007..In studies of the distribution of lung function, the image quality of lung single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) is important and one factor influencing it is the reconstruction algorithm...
- Production of fungal biomass protein using microfungi from winery wastewater treatmentZhan Ying Zhang
School of Earth and Environmental Sciences, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
Bioresour Technol 99:3871-6. 2008This study was carried out to investigate the production of fungal biomass protein (FBP) in treatment of winery wastewater using microfungi...
- Doppler cerebro-umbilical ratio and fetal biophysical profile in the assessment of peripartal cardiotocography in growth-retarded fetusesDubravko Habek
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Sveti Duh General Hospital, Zagreb, Croatia
Fetal Diagn Ther 22:452-6. 2007The aim of the study was to examine the value of the fetal biophysical profile (FBP) and the Doppler cerebro-umbilical ratio (C/U) in the assessment of peripartal cardiotocography (CTG) in growth-retarded fetuses.
- Increased expression and genomic organization of a folate-binding protein homologous to the human placental isoform in L1210 murine leukemia cell lines with a defective reduced folate carrierK E Brigle
Department of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond 23298
J Biol Chem 269:4267-72. 1994..Further overexpression of this folate-binding protein (which has homology to that initially identified in placenta) provides cells with the ability to meet cellular folate needs in a folate-deprived environment...
- Role of membrane folate-binding protein in the cytotoxicity of 5,10-dideazatetrahydrofolic acid in human ovarian carcinoma cell lines in vitroS Sen
Laboratory of Cancer Chemotherapy, Mario Negri Institute, Milan, Italy
Br J Cancer 73:525-30. 1996..activity of DDATHF was evaluated in vitro in NIH/3T3 cells transfected with human alpha-folate-binding protein (FBP) complementary DNA to examine the role of the receptor...
- Proteolysis of the carboxyl-terminal GPI signal independent of GPI modification as a mechanism for selective protein secretionJ Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo 43699 0008, USA
Biochemistry 36:14583-92. 1997..Such carboxyl-terminal sequences could represent a simple adaptation for proteins whose physiologic functions reside both at the cell surface and in extracellular fluids, allowing their selective and tissue-specific release...
- Noise and resolution in images reconstructed with FBP and OSC algorithms for CTA Ziegler
Philips Research Europe, Röntgenstrasse 24 26, 22315 Hamburg, Germany
Med Phys 34:585-98. 2007..of two-dimensional images from simulated fan-beam transmission data is performed with a filtered back-projection (FBP) type reconstruction and an iterative ordered subsets convex (OSC) maximum-likelihood method...
- The dhnA gene of Escherichia coli encodes a class I fructose bisphosphate aldolaseG J Thomson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, U K
Biochem J 331:437-45. 1998The gene encoding the Escherichia coli Class I fructose-1, 6-bisphosphate aldolase (FBP aldolase) has been cloned and the protein overproduced in high amounts. This gene sequence has previously been identified as encoding an E...
- A role for the proton-coupled folate transporter (PCFT-SLC46A1) in folate receptor-mediated endocytosisRongbao Zhao
Departments of Medicine and Molecular Pharmacology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 284:4267-74. 2009....
- Pediatric 99mTc-DMSA SPECT performed by using iterative reconstruction with isotropic resolution recovery: improved image quality and reduced radiopharmaceutical activityNiall Sheehy
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, Children s Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Radiology 251:511-6. 2009..subset expectation maximization with three-dimensional resolution recovery (OSEM-3D) and filtered back projection (FBP)--in children in terms of improving image quality and reducing the radiopharmaceutical activity and radiation dose.
- Expression of the folate receptor genes FOLR1 and FOLR3 differentiates ovarian carcinoma from breast carcinoma and malignant mesothelioma in serous effusionsYuan Yuan
National Resource Center for Women s Health, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Hum Pathol 40:1453-60. 2009The objective of this study was to analyze the diagnostic and clinical role of the folate receptor-alpha (FOLR1) and folate receptor-gamma (FOLR3) genes in effusion cytology...
- Evaluation of heavily calcified vessels with coronary CT angiography: comparison of iterative and filtered back projection image reconstructionMatthias Renker
Heart and Vascular Center, Medical University of South Carolina, Ashley River Tower, 25 Courtenay Dr, Charleston, SC 29425 2260, USA
Radiology 260:390-9. 2011To prospectively compare traditional filtered back projection (FBP) and iterative image reconstruction for the evaluation of heavily calcified arteries with coronary computed tomography (CT) angiography.
- JTV1 co-activates FBP to induce USP29 transcription and stabilize p53 in response to oxidative stressJuhong Liu
Gene Regulation Section, Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
EMBO J 30:846-58. 2011..At c-myc, the far upstream element binding protein (FBP) and FBP-interacting repressor (FIR) program transcription by looping to RNA polymerase II complexes engaged at the ..
- Characterization of hyperthermostable fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase from Thermococcus onnurineus NA1Yeol Gyun Lee
Division of Life Science, Korea Basic Science Institute, Daejeon, 305 806, Republic of Korea
J Microbiol 48:803-7. 2010To understand the physiological functions of thermostable fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase (TNA1-Fbp) from Thermococcus onnurineus NA1, its recombinant enzyme was overexpressed in Escherichia coli, purified, and the enzymatic properties were ..
- [Role of folate receptor 1 in paclitaxel-resistance of nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells]Wei Li
Department of Otorhinolarnygology, Central South University, Changsha 410013, China
Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 45:1035-40. 2010To provide experimental evidence for the folate receptor 1 (FOLR1) mediated targeted cancer therapy and resistance reversal, the FOLR1 expression differences in nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells (CNE-1) and immortalized normal ..
- Penalized maximum likelihood reconstruction for improved microcalcification detection in breast tomosynthesisMini Das
Department of Radiology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 30:904-14. 2011..the performance of this reconstruction method and to compare its performance against the commonly used Feldkamp FBP algorithm...
- Structural evaluation of crystalline ternary γ-cyclodextrin complexKenjirou Higashi
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, 1 8 1, Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8675, Japan
J Pharm Sci 100:325-33. 2011..structure of a crystalline γ-cyclodextrin (γ-CD) ternary complex containing salicylic acid (SA) and flurbiprofen (FBP) prepared by sealed heating was investigated...
- Cloning of a tumor-associated antigen: MOv18 and MOv19 antibodies recognize a folate-binding proteinL R Coney
Cancer Research Division, Centocor, Malvern, Pennsylvania 19355
Cancer Res 51:6125-32. 1991....
- Prediction of FAD interacting residues in a protein from its primary sequence using evolutionary informationNitish K Mishra
Institute of Microbial Technology, Sector 39A, Chandigarh, India
BMC Bioinformatics 11:S48. 2010Flavin binding proteins (FBP) plays a critical role in several biological functions such as electron transport system (ETS)...
- Impact of scatter correction on D2 receptor occupancy measurements using 123I-IBZM SPECT: comparison to 11C-Raclopride PETS Bullich
Neurosciences Imaging Group, Molecular Imaging Centre CRC CIM, Barcelona Biomedical Research Park, C Dr Aiguader 88, soterrani 1, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Neuroimage 50:1511-8. 2010..SPECT images were reconstructed using filtered back-projection including attenuation correction (FBP(A)), ordered subsets expectation maximization including attenuation and point spread function corrections (OSEM(A+..
- Expression of folate transporters in human placenta and implications for homocysteine metabolismN Solanky
School of Clinical and Laboratory Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, St Mary s Hospital, Manchester, UK
Placenta 31:134-43. 2010..b>Folate receptor alpha (FRalpha) was highly polarised to the microvillous plasma membrane (MVM) of the syncytiotrophoblast at ..
- Relationship between dietary and supplemental intake of folate, methionine, vitamin B6 and folate receptor alpha expression in ovarian tumorsJoanne Kotsopoulos
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Int J Cancer 126:2191-8. 2010Because folate receptor alpha (FRalpha) is frequently over-expressed in epithelial ovarian tumors, we hypothesized that its association with folate may differ by FRalpha expression or by the timing of intake...
- Protective effect of fructose-1,6-bisphosphate in the cold storage solution for liver preservation in rat hepatic transplantationR N Moresco
Laboratório de Pesquisa em Biofísica, Faculdade de Biociencias, Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Transplant Proc 36:1261-4. 2004Fructose-1,6-bisphosphate (FBP) has been reported to have a protective effect on liver injury following ischemic/reperfusion periods...
- The complete amino acid sequence of a human folate binding protein from KB cells determined from the cDNAE Sadasivan
Department of Medicine, State University Health Science Center, Brooklyn, New York
J Biol Chem 264:5806-11. 1989Two species of folate binding protein (FBP), an integral membrane-associated form and a soluble secreted form, have been previously purified from cultured human KB cells...
- Lack of association between mutations in the folate receptor-alpha gene and spina bifidaR C Barber
Department of Veterinary Anatomy and Public Health, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843 4458, USA
Am J Med Genet 76:310-7. 1998..Folic acid enters cells of certain tissues via a receptor-mediated process known as potocytosis. The folate receptor alpha (FR-alpha) gene codes for the protein responsible for binding folate, which is the first, and only, folate-..
- Evaluation of the number of SPECT projections in the ordered subsets-expectation maximization image reconstruction methodYasuyuki Takahashi
Department of Medical Engineering, Division of Allied Health Sciences, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 17:525-30. 2003Filtered back projection (FBP) method, maximum likelihood-expectation maximization(ML-EM) method, and ordered subsets-expectation maximization (OS-EM) method are currently used for reconstruction of SPECT images in clinical studies...
- Effect of pore size of FSM-16 on the entrapment of flurbiprofen in mesoporous structuresYuichi Tozuka
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, 1 33 Yayoi cho, Inage Ku, Chiba 263 8522, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 53:974-7. 2005The interaction between FSM-16 and flurbiprofen (FBP) in the mesopores of FSM-16 was investigated by using three types of FSM-16 with different pore diameters, i.e., FSM-16(Oc), FSM-16(Do) and FSM-16(Doc) (pore diameters 16.0, 21.6, 45...
- Effect of flurbiprofen on hind-limb suspension-induced bone lossM E Mitchell
Ohio State University, Columbus, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 72:790-3. 2001..Flurbiprofen (FBP), a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), has been shown to increase periosteal apposition rate in rats, and ..
- Lack of impact of the loss of constitutive folate receptor alpha expression, achieved by RNA Interference, on the activity of the new generation antifolate pemetrexed in HeLa cellsShrikanta Chattopadhyay
Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Albert Einstein Cancer Research Center, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:7986-93. 2004..Hence, constitutively expressed FR-alpha in HeLa cells does not contribute to PMX activity in the presence or absence of RFC function. This is likely the case in many human solid tumor cell lines...
- Alpha Folate Receptor Mediated GARFTase Inhibitors as Selective Antitumor AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Alpha Folate Receptor Mediated GARFTase Inhibitors as Selective Antitumor AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Alpha Folate Receptor Mediated GARFTase Inhibitors as Selective Antitumor AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- FOLATE RECEPTORS IN CRANIOFACIAL MALFORMATIONSRichard Finnell; Fiscal Year: 2002..The applicant has developed a transgenic "knockout" mouse model lacking functional folate binding protein (FBP-1 and FBP-2). Homozygous null embryos for the FBP-1 have lethal neural tube defects...
- TARGETING ENDOGENOUS ANTIBODIES TO OVARIAN CARCINOMAMoo Cho; Fiscal Year: 2003..Immune modulators in this application are all small molecules with MW < 3 kDa, rendering pharmacokinetic properties most favorable for sustained activity in peritoneal cavity as well as reduced potential side effects. ..
- Folic Acid Enhances Repair Mechanism in the Adult CNSBermans J Iskandar; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our Specific Aims are: 1) to test the response of the folate receptor (FR-a or folate binding protein) and the dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) genes after CNS injury...
- IRON ACQUISITION IN BORDETELLA PERTUSSISSANDRA KAY ARMSTRONG; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this research, we will define the role of key Fbp system components in Bordetella utilization of ferric siderophores and characterize an apparently novel mechanism ..
- HIGH RESOLUTION CONTRAST ENHANCED MR ANGIOGRAPHYCharles Mistretta; Fiscal Year: 2001..Sparse sampling in X-ray computed tomography (CT) using filtered back projection (FBP) produces "clutter" artifacts which are large relative to the small differences in tissue attenuation displayed by ..
- Four Dimensional Cone Beam CT for Image-guided Radiation TherapyGuang Hong Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..When standard image reconstruction algorithms, such as Filtered BackProjection (FBP), are applied to highly undersampled data sets, streaking artifacts are rampant in the reconstructed image...
- BIOLOGICAL FUSIONS: CONJUGATION IN YEASTGerald Fink; Fiscal Year: 2004..To this end a set of mutants that bypass the requirement for Fbo1 1 (fbp) will be analyzed...
- Structural study of enzymes of inositol biosynthesisBoguslaw Stec; Fiscal Year: 2002..also known as SuhB), whose structure will also be solved, that is strongly inhibited by Li+ and cannot hydrolyze FBP similarly to mammalian IMPase...
- Novel IRES-specific trans acting factors that modulate EV71 translationMei Ling Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..Among the 11 novel proteins, we chose to further study the far upstream element (FUSE) binding protein (FBP) and heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A1 (hnRNP A1) because there is no report indicating the interaction of ..
- Folate, Vitamin D and Calcium in Colorectal CancerRobert Haile; Fiscal Year: 2009..hydrolase (AHCY or SAHH), ADA (adenosine deaminase), methionine adenosyl transferase 2A (MAT2A), folate receptor (FOLR1), reduced folate carrier (RFC1 or SLC19A1), S-adenosylmethionine decarboxylase (AMD1), gastric instrinsic factor (..
- Folate, Vitamin D and Calcium in Colorectal CancerRobert Haile; Fiscal Year: 2007..hydrolase (AHCY or SAHH), ADA (adenosine deaminase), methionine adenosyl transferase 2A (MAT2A), folate receptor (FOLR1), reduced folate carrier (RFC1 or SLC19A1), S-adenosylmethionine decarboxylase (AMD1), gastric instrinsic factor (..
- Regulation of the G1 Phase by the Ubiquitin PathwayMichele Pagano; Fiscal Year: 2005SCF ubiquitin ligases complexes, composed of three major subunits, Skp1, Cull, and an F-box protein (Fbp), regulate the proteolysis of many regulators of cell proliferation The substrate specificity of SCFs is determined by distinct Fbp ..
- Impact of the Family Bereavement Program Fifteen Years LaterIRWIN N contact SANDLER; Fiscal Year: 2010..young adults, in 156 families, who participated in an experimental evaluation of the Family Bereavement Program (FBP), a preventive intervention for parentally-bereaved children...
- Oral Infectious Disease: Virulence and Host DeterminantsDAVID CULP; Fiscal Year: 2009..Antigen I/II (Ag I/II); and 3) a putative fibronectin/fibrinogen-binding protein gene that is up-regulated at pH 5 (fbp, Smu. 1449)...