Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FNBP1L
Description: formin binding protein 1 like
Alias: C1orf39, TOCA1, formin-binding protein 1-like, toca-1, transducer of Cdc42-dependent actin assembly 1, transducer of Cdc42-dependent actin assembly protein 1
- Park S, Choi Y, Jung N, Kim J, Oh S, Yu Y, et al. Autophagy induction in the skeletal myogenic differentiation of human tonsil-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Int J Mol Med. 2017;39:831-840 pubmed publisher..In particular, we selected FNBP1L, which among the upregulated genes is essential for antibacterial autophagy, since autophagy is related to SKM ..
- Ouellette M, Martin E, Lacoste Caron G, Hamiche K, Jenna S. Spatial control of active CDC-42 during collective migration of hypodermal cells in Caenorhabditis elegans. J Mol Cell Biol. 2016;8:313-27 pubmed publisher..in an antagonistic manner with the CDC-42's effector WSP-1/N-WASP and the CDC-42-binding proteins TOCA-1/2/TOCA1. RGA-7 is recruited to spatially distinct locations at junctions between adjacent leading cells, where it promotes ..
- Watson J, Nietlispach D, Owen D, Mott H. (1)H, (13)C and (15)N resonance assignments of the Cdc42-binding domain of TOCA1. Biomol NMR Assign. 2016;10:407-11 pubmed publisherb>TOCA1 is a downstream effector protein of the small GTPase, Cdc42. It is a multi-domain protein that includes a membrane binding F-BAR domain, a homology region 1 (HR1) domain, which binds selectively to active Cdc42 and an SH3 domain...
- Chander H, Truesdell P, Meens J, Craig A. Transducer of Cdc42-dependent actin assembly promotes breast cancer invasion and metastasis. Oncogene. 2013;32:3080-90 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results identify Toca-1 as a proinvasive protein in breast adenocarcinoma and a potential therapeutic target to limit tumor metastasis. ..
- Watson J, Fox H, Nietlispach D, Gallop J, Owen D, Mott H. Investigation of the Interaction between Cdc42 and Its Effector TOCA1: HANDOVER OF Cdc42 TO THE ACTIN REGULATOR N-WASP IS FACILITATED BY DIFFERENTIAL BINDING AFFINITIES. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:13875-90 pubmed publisherTransducer of Cdc42-dependent actin assembly protein 1 (TOCA1) is an effector of the Rho family small G protein Cdc42...
- Benyamin B, Pourcain B, Davis O, Davies G, Hansell N, Brion M, et al. Childhood intelligence is heritable, highly polygenic and associated with FNBP1L. Mol Psychiatry. 2014;19:253-8 pubmed publisher..9 Ã— 10(-15), 0.014 and 0.028). FNBP1L, previously reported to be the most significantly associated gene for adult intelligence, was also significantly ..
- Cao J, Shen Y, Zhu L, Xu Y, Zhou Y, Wu Z, et al. miR-129-3p controls cilia assembly by regulating CP110 and actin dynamics. Nat Cell Biol. 2012;14:697-706 pubmed publisher..Gene expression analysis further identified ARP2, TOCA1, ABLIM1 and ABLIM3 as its targets in ciliation-related actin dynamics...
- Katoh M, Katoh M. Identification and characterization of human FNBP1L gene in silico. Int J Mol Med. 2004;13:157-62 pubmed..Here, we identified and characterized the FNBP1-like (FNBP1L) gene by using bioinformatics. Human FLJ20275 (NM_017737.1) and mouse 2610318I01Rik (NM_153118...
- Bu W, Lim K, Yu Y, Chou A, Sudhaharan T, Ahmed S. Cdc42 interaction with N-WASP and Toca-1 regulates membrane tubulation, vesicle formation and vesicle motility: implications for endocytosis. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12153 pubmed publisher..Thus Cdc42 may influence endocytic membrane trafficking by regulating the formation and activity of the Toca-1/N-WASP complex. ..
- Aspenstrom P, Richnau N, Johansson A. The diaphanous-related formin DAAM1 collaborates with the Rho GTPases RhoA and Cdc42, CIP4 and Src in regulating cell morphogenesis and actin dynamics. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:2180-94 pubmed..Taken together, our data indicate that DAAM1 communicates with Rho GTPases, CIP4 and Src in the regulation of the signalling pathways that co-ordinate the dynamics of the actin filament system. ..
- Kakimoto T, Katoh H, Negishi M. Regulation of neuronal morphology by Toca-1, an F-BAR/EFC protein that induces plasma membrane invagination. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:29042-53 pubmed..These results suggest that a vesicle trafficking regulator Toca-1 regulates different aspects of neuronal morphology from N-WASP. ..
- Kovacs E, Makar R, Gertler F. Tuba stimulates intracellular N-WASP-dependent actin assembly. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:2715-26 pubmed..These results suggest first that Tuba-stimulated dorsal ruffling might represent a novel mechanism for the coordination of N-WASP-dependent cytoskeletal rearrangements and second that Tuba function is implicated in motility processes. ..
- Chander H, Brien C, Truesdell P, Watt K, Meens J, Schick C, et al. Toca-1 is suppressed by p53 to limit breast cancer cell invasion and tumor metastasis. Breast Cancer Res. 2014;16:3413 pubmed publisher..ChIP assays revealed p53 binding within intron 2 of toca1, and reduced histone acetylation within its promoter region upon p53 upregulation or activation...
- Huett A, Ng A, Cao Z, Kuballa P, Komatsu M, Daly M, et al. A novel hybrid yeast-human network analysis reveals an essential role for FNBP1L in antibacterial autophagy. J Immunol. 2009;182:4917-30 pubmed publisher..We selected one of these membrane interactors, FNBP1L (formin binding protein 1-like), an F-BAR-containing protein (also termed Toca-1), for further study based upon a ..
- Leung Y, Ally S, Goldberg M. Bacterial actin assembly requires toca-1 to relieve N-wasp autoinhibition. Cell Host Microbe. 2008;3:39-47 pubmed publisher..flexneri type III secretion effectors. Thus, S. flexneri independently hijacks two nodes of the N-WASP actin assembly pathway to initiate localized actin tail assembly. ..