Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Flt-1
Description: fms related tyrosine kinase 1
Alias: FLT, FLT-1, VEGFR-1, VEGFR1, vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1, fms-like tyrosine kinase 1, fms-related tyrosine kinase 1 (vascular endothelial growth factor/vascular permeability factor receptor), tyrosine-protein kinase FRT, tyrosine-protein kinase receptor FLT, vascular permeability factor receptor
- Thomas C, Andrews J, Raikwar N, Kelley E, Herse F, Dechend R, et al. A recently evolved novel trophoblast-enriched secreted form of fms-like tyrosine kinase-1 variant is up-regulated in hypoxia and preeclampsia. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009;94:2524-30 pubmed publisher..Placental levels of sFlt1-e15a and sFlt1-i13 transcripts are significantly elevated in patients with preeclampsia compared with normal pregnancies. We speculate that sFlt1-e15a may contribute to the pathophysiology of preeclampsia. ..
- Lopez Novoa J. Soluble endoglin is an accurate predictor and a pathogenic molecule in pre-eclampsia. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2007;22:712-4 pubmed
- Gu Y, Lewis D, Wang Y. Placental productions and expressions of soluble endoglin, soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase receptor-1, and placental growth factor in normal and preeclamptic pregnancies. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008;93:260-6 pubmed..Our objective was to determine the differences in endoglin (Eng), fms-like tyrosine kinase receptor-1 (Flt-1), and placental growth factor (PlGF) expressions between normal and PE placentas and sEng, sFlt-1, and PlGF ..
- Menendez D, Krysiak O, Inga A, Krysiak B, Resnick M, Schönfelder G. A SNP in the flt-1 promoter integrates the VEGF system into the p53 transcriptional network. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:1406-11 pubmed..A target of VEGF, the VEGF receptor 1/flt-1, can regulate growth and migration of endothelial cells and modulate angiogenesis...
- Xiong Y, Liebermann D, Tront J, Holtzman E, Huang Y, Hoffman B, et al. Gadd45a stress signaling regulates sFlt-1 expression in preeclampsia. J Cell Physiol. 2009;220:632-9 pubmed publisher..growing evidence that placental stresses during pregnancy, notably hypoxia, and an increase in circulating soluble Flt-1 (sFlt-1) are important in the etiopathogenesis of preeclampsia...
- Shapiro N, Yano K, Okada H, Fischer C, Howell M, Spokes K, et al. A prospective, observational study of soluble FLT-1 and vascular endothelial growth factor in sepsis. Shock. 2008;29:452-7 pubmed
- Dwyer B, Krieg S, Balise R, Carroll I, Chueh J, Nayak N, et al. Variable expression of soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase 1 in patients at high risk for preeclampsia. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2010;23:705-11 pubmed publisher..PlGF was consistently low in patients who developed preeclampsia. Effects of sFlt1 may be contextual, varying according to the health or disease state of vascular endothelium. ..
- Artini P, Ruggiero M, Parisen Toldin M, Monteleone P, Monti M, Cela V, et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor and its soluble receptor in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome undergoing IVF. Hum Fertil (Camb). 2009;12:40-4 pubmed publisher..We believe that additional studies will clarify their role in the pathogenesis of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, which most often occurs in patients with PCOS. ..
- Widmer M, Villar J, Benigni A, Conde Agudelo A, Karumanchi S, Lindheimer M. Mapping the theories of preeclampsia and the role of angiogenic factors: a systematic review. Obstet Gynecol. 2007;109:168-80 pubmed..The evidence is insufficient to recommend these markers to be used for screening, and prospective studies employing rigorous laboratory and study design criteria are needed to determine the clinical usefulness of these tests. ..
- Pau E, Alonso Muriel I, Gomez R, Novella E, Ruiz A, Garcia Velasco J, et al. Plasma levels of soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 may determine the onset of early and late ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. Hum Reprod. 2006;21:1453-60 pubmed..In E- and L-OHSS, the ability to secrete sVEGFR-1 and bind VEGF seems to be the determinant factor in OHSS. f-VEGF acts locally in the ovary. ..
- Tchaikovski V, Fellbrich G, Waltenberger J. The molecular basis of VEGFR-1 signal transduction pathways in primary human monocytes. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2008;28:322-8 pubmed..These pathways are critically involved in primary monocyte chemotaxis. ..
- Romero R, Nien J, Espinoza J, Todem D, Fu W, Chung H, et al. A longitudinal study of angiogenic (placental growth factor) and anti-angiogenic (soluble endoglin and soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1) factors in normal pregnancy and patients destined to develop preeclampsia and deliver a smal. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2008;21:9-23 pubmed publisher
- Staff A, Harsem N, Braekke K, Hyer M, Hoover R, Troisi R. Maternal, gestational and neonatal characteristics and maternal angiogenic factors in normotensive pregnancies. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2009;143:29-33 pubmed publisher..In preeclampsia, the antiangiogenic state was more pronounced with clinical characteristics indicative of greater disease severity. ..
- Capp C, Wajner S, Siqueira D, Brasil B, Meurer L, Maia A. Increased expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and its receptors, VEGFR-1 and VEGFR-2, in medullary thyroid carcinoma. Thyroid. 2010;20:863-71 pubmed publisher..It is not clear, however, if expression of these molecules provides prognostic information regarding the spread or outcome of MTC. ..
- Kommineni V, Nagineni C, William A, Detrick B, Hooks J. IFN-gamma acts as anti-angiogenic cytokine in the human cornea by regulating the expression of VEGF-A and sVEGF-R1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;374:479-84 pubmed publisher..This is the first report demonstrating the inhibitory and stimulatory effects of IFN-gamma on VEGF-A and sFlt-1 secretion, respectively. Our results suggest that IFN-gamma acts as an anti-angiogenic cytokine in the human cornea. ..
- Jebbink J, Keijser R, Veenboer G, van der Post J, Ris Stalpers C, Afink G. Expression of placental FLT1 transcript variants relates to both gestational hypertensive disease and fetal growth. Hypertension. 2011;58:70-6 pubmed publisher..This may indicate a common pathway involved in the development of both conditions but complicates the use of circulating sFLT1 protein levels for the prediction or diagnosis of preeclampsia alone. ..
- Kim S, Ryu H, Yang J, Kim M, Han J, Kim J, et al. Increased sFlt-1 to PlGF ratio in women who subsequently develop preeclampsia. J Korean Med Sci. 2007;22:873-7 pubmed..Accordingly, the sFlt-1/PlGF ratio may provide early prediction of subsequent development of preeclampsia. ..
- Nevo O, Many A, Xu J, Kingdom J, Piccoli E, Zamudio S, et al. Placental expression of soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase 1 is increased in singletons and twin pregnancies with intrauterine growth restriction. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008;93:285-92 pubmed..Reduced placental perfusion may contribute to the increased expression of sFlt-1 in IUGR pregnancies. Our data are compatible with differential sFlt-1 expression in placentas from discordant twins. ..
- Thomas C, Andrews J, Liu K. Intronic polyadenylation signal sequences and alternate splicing generate human soluble Flt1 variants and regulate the abundance of soluble Flt1 in the placenta. FASEB J. 2007;21:3885-95 pubmed
- Herse F, Verlohren S, Wenzel K, Pape J, Muller D, Modrow S, et al. Prevalence of agonistic autoantibodies against the angiotensin II type 1 receptor and soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase 1 in a gestational age-matched case study. Hypertension. 2009;53:393-8 pubmed publisher..AT1-AA may represent a better marker for late disease, whereas sFlt1 is a better marker for early onset disease. ..
- Kishuku M, Nishioka Y, Abe S, Kishi J, Ogino H, Aono Y, et al. Expression of soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 in human monocyte-derived mature dendritic cells contributes to their antiangiogenic property. J Immunol. 2009;183:8176-85 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that sVEGFR-1 produced by mDCs contribute to their antiangiogenic property, and the ratio of sVEGFR-1 to VEGF might be a useful tool for evaluating their ability to regulate angiogenesis mediated by VEGF. ..
- Ulyatt C, Walker J, Ponnambalam S. Hypoxia differentially regulates VEGFR1 and VEGFR2 levels and alters intracellular signaling and cell migration in endothelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;404:774-9 pubmed publisher..Hypoxia stimulated VEGF-A and VEGFR1 expression but decreased VEGFR2 levels in endothelial cells...
- Reddy A, Suri S, Sargent I, Redman C, Muttukrishna S. Maternal circulating levels of activin A, inhibin A, sFlt-1 and endoglin at parturition in normal pregnancy and pre-eclampsia. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4453 pubmed publisher..Labour in pre-eclamptic women increases the levels of sFlt-1 and activin A. This pilot data suggests that increase in the maternal levels of these factors in labour could predict and/or contribute to the maternal syndrome postpartum. ..
- Daponte A, Pournaras S, Polyzos N, Tsezou A, Skentou H, Anastasiadou F, et al. Soluble FMS-like tyrosine kinase-1 (sFlt-1) and serum placental growth factor (PlGF) as biomarkers for ectopic pregnancy and missed abortion. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011;96:E1444-51 pubmed publisher..We assessed whether a single serum measurement of placental growth factor (PlGF) and the soluble Flt-1 (sFlt-1) receptor of vascular endothelial growth factor at 6-8 wk gestation could differentiate failed ..
- Whitehead C, Palmer K, Nilsson U, Gao Y, Saglam B, Lappas M, et al. Placental expression of a novel primate-specific splice variant of sFlt-1 is upregulated in pregnancies complicated by severe early onset pre-eclampsia. BJOG. 2011;118:1268-71 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the novel primate-specific splice variant of sFlt-1 is highly expressed in both severe pre-eclampsia and HELLP. ..
- Hirokoshi K, Maeshima Y, Kobayashi K, Matsuura E, Sugiyama H, Yamasaki Y, et al. Elevated serum sFlt-1/Ang-2 ratio in women with preeclampsia. Nephron Clin Pract. 2007;106:c43-50 pubmed
- Jaroszewicz J, Januszkiewicz M, Flisiak R, Rogalska M, Kalinowska A, Wierzbicka I. Circulating vascular endothelial growth factor and its soluble receptors in patients with liver cirrhosis: possible association with hepatic function impairment. Cytokine. 2008;44:14-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study suggests that serum VEGF and VEGF-R1 may reflect the hepatic function impairment in liver cirrhosis and seems to be associated with portal hypertension symptoms. ..
- Lampugnani M, Orsenigo F, Gagliani M, Tacchetti C, Dejana E. Vascular endothelial cadherin controls VEGFR-2 internalization and signaling from intracellular compartments. J Cell Biol. 2006;174:593-604 pubmed..Thus, VEC limits cell proliferation by retaining VEGFR-2 at the membrane and preventing its internalization into signaling compartments. ..
- Di Marco G, Reuter S, Hillebrand U, Amler S, König M, Larger E, et al. The soluble VEGF receptor sFlt1 contributes to endothelial dysfunction in CKD. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009;20:2235-45 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that excess sFlt-1 associates with endothelial dysfunction in CKD and suggest that increased sFlt-1 may predict cardiovascular risk in CKD. ..
- Cudmore M, Hewett P, Ahmad S, Wang K, Cai M, Al Ani B, et al. The role of heterodimerization between VEGFR-1 and VEGFR-2 in the regulation of endothelial cell homeostasis. Nat Commun. 2012;3:972 pubmed publisher..Here we investigate the physiological function of heterodimers between VEGF receptor-1 (VEGFR-1; Flt-1) and VEGFR-2 (KDR; Flk-1) (VEGFR(1-2)) in endothelial cells with a synthetic ligand that binds specifically to ..
- Shibuya M. Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 (VEGFR-1/Flt-1): a dual regulator for angiogenesis. Angiogenesis. 2006;9:225-30; discussion 231 pubmed..VEGFR-1 including its soluble form is involved in a variety of human illnesses, making it an important target in the development of new strategies to suppress disease. ..
- Ambati B, Nozaki M, Singh N, Takeda A, Jani P, Suthar T, et al. Corneal avascularity is due to soluble VEGF receptor-1. Nature. 2006;443:993-7 pubmed
- Fragoso R, Pereira T, Wu Y, Zhu Z, Cabeçadas J, Dias S. VEGFR-1 (FLT-1) activation modulates acute lymphoblastic leukemia localization and survival within the bone marrow, determining the onset of extramedullary disease. Blood. 2006;107:1608-16 pubmed..We reveal that vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 (FLT-1) modulates acute leukemia distribution within the BM, along VEGF and PlGF gradients, ..
- Mittar S, Ulyatt C, Howell G, Bruns A, Zachary I, Walker J, et al. VEGFR1 receptor tyrosine kinase localization to the Golgi apparatus is calcium-dependent. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:877-89 pubmed publisherb>Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 (VEGFR1) is an essential receptor tyrosine kinase that regulates mammalian vascular development and embryogenesis but its function is not well understood...
- Zhou Q, Qiao F, Zhao C, Liu H. Hypoxic trophoblast-derived sFlt-1 may contribute to endothelial dysfunction: implication for the mechanism of trophoblast-endothelial dysfunction in preeclampsia. Cell Biol Int. 2011;35:61-6 pubmed publisher..The findings presented herein imply that chronically hypoxic trophoblasts may release sufficient sFlt-1 to cause endothelial dysfunction by depriving cells of VEGF activity. ..
- Powers R, Jeyabalan A, Clifton R, Van Dorsten P, Hauth J, Klebanoff M, et al. Soluble fms-Like tyrosine kinase 1 (sFlt1), endoglin and placental growth factor (PlGF) in preeclampsia among high risk pregnancies. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13263 pubmed publisher..However, differences in these factors among high-risk women who do and do not develop preeclampsia are modest, and do not appear to be clinically useful predictors in these high-risk pregnant women. ..
- Amaoka N, Saio M, Nonaka K, Imai H, Tomita H, Sakashita F, et al. Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor receptors is closely related to the histological grade of hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncol Rep. 2006;16:3-10 pubmed..We simultaneously stained proliferation marker Ki-67 antigen and either VEGFR1 (Flt-1) or VEGFR2 (Flk-1) on paraffin-embedded tissue sections from 50 cases of surgically resected human HCC...
- Gutman G, Barak V, Maslovitz S, Amit A, Lessing J, Geva E. Regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor-A and its soluble receptor sFlt-1 by luteinizing hormone in vivo: implication for ovarian follicle angiogenesis. Fertil Steril. 2008;89:922-6 pubmed publisher..Because angiogenesis is essential during the periovulatory period, recombinant LH supplementation during the late follicular phase may improve ovulation induction outcome. ..
- Kendall R, Thomas K. Inhibition of vascular endothelial cell growth factor activity by an endogenously encoded soluble receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:10705-9 pubmed
- Barleon B, Sozzani S, Zhou D, Weich H, Mantovani A, Marme D. Migration of human monocytes in response to vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is mediated via the VEGF receptor flt-1. Blood. 1996;87:3336-43 pubmed..blot analysis, we further could show that human monocytes express only the gene for the VEGF receptor type, flt-1, but not for the second known VEGF receptor, KDR. Resting monocytes expressed low levels of flt-1 gene only...
- Fuh G, Garcia K, de Vos A. The interaction of neuropilin-1 with vascular endothelial growth factor and its receptor flt-1. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:26690-5 pubmed..and NP-1, as well as a previously unknown interaction between NP-1 and one of the VEGF receptor tyrosine kinases, VEGFR1 or Flt-1...
- Ahmad S, Ahmed A. Elevated placental soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 inhibits angiogenesis in preeclampsia. Circ Res. 2004;95:884-91 pubmed..Our finding demonstrates the dysregulation of the VEGF/PlGF axis in preeclampsia and offers an entirely new therapeutic approach to its treatment...
- Huang K, Andersson C, Roomans G, Ito N, Claesson Welsh L. Signaling properties of VEGF receptor-1 and -2 homo- and heterodimers. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2001;33:315-24 pubmed..The pattern of Ca2+ fluxes was unique for each type of VEGF receptor dimer. Our data show that signal transduction induced by VEGF-A is transduced in distinct manners by homo- and heterodimers of VEGF receptors. ..
- Walter J, North P, Waner M, Mizeracki A, Blei F, Walker J, et al. Somatic mutation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptors in juvenile hemangioma. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2002;33:295-303 pubmed..These results suggest that one potential mechanism involved in hemangioma formation is the alteration of the VEGF signaling pathway in endothelial and/or pericytic cells. ..
- Fan F, Wey J, McCarty M, Belcheva A, Liu W, Bauer T, et al. Expression and function of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 on human colorectal cancer cells. Oncogene. 2005;24:2647-53 pubmed..VEGF receptor-1 (VEGFR-1 or Flt-1) is a high-affinity receptor for VEGF and is typically considered specific to endothelial cells...
- Chou M, Wang J, Fujita D. Src kinase becomes preferentially associated with the VEGFR, KDR/Flk-1, following VEGF stimulation of vascular endothelial cells. BMC Biochem. 2002;3:32 pubmed..on vascular endothelial cells are KDR/Flk-1 (kinase insert domain-containing receptor/fetal liver kinase-1) and Flt-1 (Fms-like tyrosine kinase-1)...
- Keyt B, Nguyen H, Berleau L, Duarte C, Park J, Chen H, et al. Identification of vascular endothelial growth factor determinants for binding KDR and FLT-1 receptors. Generation of receptor-selective VEGF variants by site-directed mutagenesis. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:5638-46 pubmed..via the endothelial cell receptors, kinase insert domain-containing receptor (KDR)/fetal liver kinase 1 (Flk-1) and FLT-1...
- Cai J, Ahmad S, Jiang W, Huang J, Kontos C, Boulton M, et al. Activation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 sustains angiogenesis and Bcl-2 expression via the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathway in endothelial cells. Diabetes. 2003;52:2959-68 pubmed..Together, these findings indicate that PlGF-containing ligands contribute to pathological angiogenesis by prolonging cell survival signals and maintaining vascular networks. ..
- Bellamy W, Richter L, Frutiger Y, Grogan T. Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and its receptors in hematopoietic malignancies. Cancer Res. 1999;59:728-33 pubmed..Five of the 12 cell lines were also found to express the Flt-1 receptor for VEGF at a moderate to strong level, suggesting an autocrine pathway...
- Scotney P, Mackenzie A, Maccarone P, Fabri L, Scrofani S, Gooley P, et al. Human vascular endothelial growth factor B: characterization of recombinant isoforms and generation of neutralizing monoclonal antibodies. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2002;29:1024-9 pubmed..4. The novel cell-based assay, in combination with a variety of immunochemical approaches, has been used to identify and characterize monoclonal antibodies that neutralize VEGF-B activity. ..
- Nagamatsu T, Fujii T, Kusumi M, Zou L, Yamashita T, Osuga Y, et al. Cytotrophoblasts up-regulate soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase-1 expression under reduced oxygen: an implication for the placental vascular development and the pathophysiology of preeclampsia. Endocrinology. 2004;145:4838-45 pubmed..The presented findings might provide a framework with which to understand the mechanism of uterine vascular remodeling and its perturbations as exemplified in preeclampsia. ..
- Wiesmann C, Fuh G, Christinger H, Eigenbrot C, Wells J, de Vos A. Crystal structure at 1.7 A resolution of VEGF in complex with domain 2 of the Flt-1 receptor. Cell. 1997;91:695-704 pubmed..of endothelial cells through binding to the kinase domain receptor and the Fms-like tyrosine kinase receptor (Flt-1), the extracellular portions of which consist of seven immunoglobulin domains...
- Graells J, Vinyals A, Figueras A, Llorens A, Moreno A, Marcoval J, et al. Overproduction of VEGF concomitantly expressed with its receptors promotes growth and survival of melanoma cells through MAPK and PI3K signaling. J Invest Dermatol. 2004;123:1151-61 pubmed..These data support the involvement in melanoma growth and survival of a VEGF-dependent internal autocrine loop mechanism, at least in vitro. ..
- He Y, Smith S, Day K, Clark D, Licence D, Charnock Jones D. Alternative splicing of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-R1 (FLT-1) pre-mRNA is important for the regulation of VEGF activity. Mol Endocrinol. 1999;13:537-45 pubmed..In situ hybridization and Northern blot analysis with probes specific for sFLT-1 or FLT-1 showed that the relative abundance of their mRNAs changed markedly in spongiotrophoblast cells in the placenta as ..
- Hattori K, Heissig B, Wu Y, Dias S, Tejada R, Ferris B, et al. Placental growth factor reconstitutes hematopoiesis by recruiting VEGFR1(+) stem cells from bone-marrow microenvironment. Nat Med. 2002;8:841-9 pubmed..Here, we report that functional vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 (VEGFR1) is expressed on human CD34(+) and mouse Lin(-)Sca-1(+)c-Kit(+) BM-repopulating stem cells, conveying signals for ..
- Davis Smyth T, Presta L, Ferrara N. Mapping the charged residues in the second immunoglobulin-like domain of the vascular endothelial growth factor/placenta growth factor receptor Flt-1 required for binding and structural stability. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:3216-22 pubmedb>Flt-1 is one of two receptor tyrosine kinases through which the angiogenic factor vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) functions. Placenta growth factor (PlGF) is an additional ligand for Flt-1...
- Sawano A, Iwai S, Sakurai Y, Ito M, Shitara K, Nakahata T, et al. Flt-1, vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1, is a novel cell surface marker for the lineage of monocyte-macrophages in humans. Blood. 2001;97:785-91 pubmedFlt-1, also known as vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 (VEGFR-1), is a high-affinity tyrosine kinase receptor for VEGF and is expressed almost exclusively on vascular endothelial cells...
- Christinger H, Fuh G, de Vos A, Wiesmann C. The crystal structure of placental growth factor in complex with domain 2 of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:10382-8 pubmed..PlGF exerts its biological activities through binding to VEGFR1, a receptor tyrosine kinase that consists of seven immunoglobulin-like domains in its extracellular portion...
- Grazia Lampugnani M, Zanetti A, Corada M, Takahashi T, Balconi G, Breviario F, et al. Contact inhibition of VEGF-induced proliferation requires vascular endothelial cadherin, beta-catenin, and the phosphatase DEP-1/CD148. J Cell Biol. 2003;161:793-804 pubmed..In sparse cells or in VE-cadherin-null cells, this phenomenon cannot occur and the receptor is fully activated by the growth factor. ..
- Koga K, Osuga Y, Yoshino O, Hirota Y, Ruimeng X, Hirata T, et al. Elevated serum soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 (sVEGFR-1) levels in women with preeclampsia. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003;88:2348-51 pubmed..130, p = 0.476). These findings may point to an involvement of sVEGFR-1 in the pathophysiology of preeclampsia possibly by antagonizing of VEGF effects on the formation of placental vasculature and maternal endothelial cell function. ..
- Luttun A, Tjwa M, Carmeliet P. Placental growth factor (PlGF) and its receptor Flt-1 (VEGFR-1): novel therapeutic targets for angiogenic disorders. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2002;979:80-93 pubmed..for angiogenic disorders of placental growth factor (PlGF), a VEGF family member, and its receptor VEGFR-1 (Flt-1). However, recent developments and insights could shift that focus to P1GF and Flt-1...
- Shibuya M, Yamaguchi S, Yamane A, Ikeda T, Tojo A, Matsushime H, et al. Nucleotide sequence and expression of a novel human receptor-type tyrosine kinase gene (flt) closely related to the fms family. Oncogene. 1990;5:519-24 pubmed..Consequently, the gene was designated as flt (fms-like tyrosine kinase) gene...