Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FKBP51
Description: FK506 binding protein 5
Alias: AIG6, FKBP51, FKBP54, P54, PPIase, Ptg-10, peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase FKBP5, 51 kDa FK506-binding protein, 51 kDa FKBP, 54 kDa progesterone receptor-associated immunophilin, FF1 antigen, FKBP-51, HSP90-binding immunophilin, PPIase FKBP5, T-cell FK506-binding protein, androgen-regulated protein 6, peptidylprolyl cis-trans isomerase, rotamase
- Pei H, Li L, Fridley B, Jenkins G, Kalari K, LINGLE W, et al. FKBP51 affects cancer cell response to chemotherapy by negatively regulating Akt. Cancer Cell. 2009;16:259-66 pubmed publisher..However, how PHLPP is targeted to Akt is not clear. Here we show that FKBP51 (FK506-binding protein 51) acts as a scaffolding protein for Akt and PHLPP and promotes dephosphorylation of Akt...
- Periyasamy S, Hinds T, Shemshedini L, Shou W, Sanchez E. FKBP51 and Cyp40 are positive regulators of androgen-dependent prostate cancer cell growth and the targets of FK506 and cyclosporin A. Oncogene. 2010;29:1691-701 pubmed publisher..Tetratricopeptide repeat (TPR) proteins (FKBP52, FKBP51 and Cyp40) interact with AR in PCa cells, suggesting roles in AR-mediated gene transcription and cell growth...
- Ni L, Yang C, Gioeli D, Frierson H, Toft D, Paschal B. FKBP51 promotes assembly of the Hsp90 chaperone complex and regulates androgen receptor signaling in prostate cancer cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:1243-53 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that the Hsp90 cochaperone FKBP51 is upregulated in LAPC-4 AI tumors grown in castrated mice and describe a molecular mechanism by which FKBP51 ..
- Sinars C, Cheung Flynn J, Rimerman R, Scammell J, Smith D, Clardy J. Structure of the large FK506-binding protein FKBP51, an Hsp90-binding protein and a component of steroid receptor complexes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:868-73 pubmed..b>FKBP51 (the 51-kDa FKBP) associates with heat shock protein 90 (Hsp90) and appears in functionally mature steroid ..
- Collip D, Myin Germeys I, Wichers M, Jacobs N, Derom C, Thiery E, et al. FKBP5 as a possible moderator of the psychosis-inducing effects of childhood trauma. Br J Psychiatry. 2013;202:261-8 pubmed publisher..Trauma may increase the risk of psychosis through enduring changes in the cortisol feedback loop, similar to that for PTSD, suggesting comparable biological mechanisms for psychosis across diagnostic boundaries. ..
- Smith D, Baggenstoss B, Marion T, Rimerman R. Two FKBP-related proteins are associated with progesterone receptor complexes. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:18365-71 pubmed..the present study, we obtained partial amino acid sequences for two avian progesterone receptor components, p50 and p54. From sequence comparisons with known proteins, they appear to be distinct members of the FKBP family of ..
- Roy A, Gorodetsky E, Yuan Q, Goldman D, ENOCH M. Interaction of FKBP5, a stress-related gene, with childhood trauma increases the risk for attempting suicide. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2010;35:1674-83 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that childhood trauma and variants of the FKBP5 gene may interact to increase the risk for attempting suicide. ..
- Touma C, Gassen N, Herrmann L, Cheung Flynn J, Büll D, Ionescu I, et al. FK506 binding protein 5 shapes stress responsiveness: modulation of neuroendocrine reactivity and coping behavior. Biol Psychiatry. 2011;70:928-36 pubmed publisher..This lends strong support to the concept emerging from human studies of FKBP5 as important factor governing gene-environment interactions relevant for the etiology of affective disorders. ..
- Menke A, Klengel T, Rubel J, Brückl T, Pfister H, Lucae S, et al. Genetic variation in FKBP5 associated with the extent of stress hormone dysregulation in major depression. Genes Brain Behav. 2013;12:289-96 pubmed publisher..This finding suggests that endocrine alterations in depressed patients are determined by genetic variants and may allow identification of specific subgroups. ..
- Romano S, D Angelillo A, Pacelli R, Staibano S, de Luna E, Bisogni R, et al. Role of FK506-binding protein 51 in the control of apoptosis of irradiated melanoma cells. Cell Death Differ. 2010;17:145-57 pubmed publisherFK506-binding protein 51 (FKBP51) is an immunophilin with isomerase activity, which performs important biological functions in the cell. It has recently been involved in the apoptosis resistance of malignant melanoma...
- Tatro E, Everall I, Masliah E, Hult B, Lucero G, Chana G, et al. Differential expression of immunophilins FKBP51 and FKBP52 in the frontal cortex of HIV-infected patients with major depressive disorder. J Neuroimmune Pharmacol. 2009;4:218-26 pubmed publisher..Immunophilins FKBP51 and FKBP52 are expressed in cortical neurons and regulate the function of the glucocorticoid receptor (GR)...
- Young J, Obermann W, Hartl F. Specific binding of tetratricopeptide repeat proteins to the C-terminal 12-kDa domain of hsp90. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:18007-10 pubmed..C90) was found to mediate the interaction of hsp90 with TPR-containing sequences from the hsp90 cofactors FKBP51/54 and FKBP52...
- Giraudier S, Chagraoui H, Komura E, Barnache S, Blanchet B, LeCouedic J, et al. Overexpression of FKBP51 in idiopathic myelofibrosis regulates the growth factor independence of megakaryocyte progenitors. Blood. 2002;100:2932-40 pubmed..Using a differential display technique, we found that the immunophilin FKBP51 was 2 to 8 times overexpressed in megakaryocytes derived from patients' CD34(+) cells in comparison to normal ..
- Magee J, Chang L, Stormo G, Milbrandt J. Direct, androgen receptor-mediated regulation of the FKBP5 gene via a distal enhancer element. Endocrinology. 2006;147:590-8 pubmed..Rather, the distal enhancer complex and basal transcription apparatus communicate indirectly with one another, implicating a regulatory mechanism that has not been previously appreciated for AR target genes. ..
- Davies T, Ning Y, SANCHEZ E. A new first step in activation of steroid receptors: hormone-induced switching of FKBP51 and FKBP52 immunophilins. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:4597-600 pubmed..dissociation of the cytoplasmic GR heterocomplex, binding of hormone-induced substitution of one immunophilin (FKBP51) for another (FKBP52), and concomitant recruitment of the transport protein dynein while leaving Hsp90 unchanged...
- Wochnik G, Rüegg J, Abel G, Schmidt U, Holsboer F, Rein T. FK506-binding proteins 51 and 52 differentially regulate dynein interaction and nuclear translocation of the glucocorticoid receptor in mammalian cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:4609-16 pubmed..Increasing the levels of FKBP51 reduced the transcriptional activity of the receptor, as reported...
- Mehta D, Gonik M, Klengel T, Rex Haffner M, Menke A, Rubel J, et al. Using polymorphisms in FKBP5 to define biologically distinct subtypes of posttraumatic stress disorder: evidence from endocrine and gene expression studies. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2011;68:901-10 pubmed publisher..Thus, these findings indicate that functional variants in FKBP5 are associated with biologically distinct subtypes of PTSD. ..
- Xie P, Kranzler H, Poling J, Stein M, Anton R, Farrer L, et al. Interaction of FKBP5 with childhood adversity on risk for post-traumatic stress disorder. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2010;35:1684-92 pubmed publisher..This study provides further evidence of a gene x environment effect of FKBP5 and childhood abuse on the risk for PTSD in AAs. Further study is required in other populations. ..
- Klengel T, Mehta D, Anacker C, Rex Haffner M, Pruessner J, Pariante C, et al. Allele-specific FKBP5 DNA demethylation mediates gene-childhood trauma interactions. Nat Neurosci. 2013;16:33-41 pubmed publisher..This identification of molecular mechanisms of genotype-directed long-term environmental reactivity will be useful for designing more effective treatment strategies for stress-related disorders. ..
- Kirchheiner J, Lorch R, Lebedeva E, Seeringer A, Roots I, Sasse J, et al. Genetic variants in FKBP5 affecting response to antidepressant drug treatment. Pharmacogenomics. 2008;9:841-6 pubmed publisher..In this study, an effect of FKBP5 variants on antidepressant drug response was confirmed in an independent cohort of depressed patients; however, with an odds ratio of 1.8 the effect size was smaller than that described earlier. ..
- Baughman G, Wiederrecht G, Chang F, Martin M, Bourgeois S. Tissue distribution and abundance of human FKBP51, and FK506-binding protein that can mediate calcineurin inhibition. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;232:437-43 pubmedWe previously described the isolation of an FK506-binding protein, FKBP51, that is predominantly expressed in murine T cells and is capable of mediating drug-dependent calcineurin inhibition in vitro...
- Minelli A, Maffioletti E, Cloninger C, Magri C, Sartori R, Bortolomasi M, et al. Role of allelic variants of FK506-binding protein 51 (FKBP5) gene in the development of anxiety disorders. Depress Anxiety. 2013;30:1170-6 pubmed publisher..The identification of genetic variants involved in anxiety may have implications for the optimization of therapeutic interventions. ..
- Galigniana N, Ballmer L, Toneatto J, Erlejman A, Lagadari M, Galigniana M. Regulation of the glucocorticoid response to stress-related disorders by the Hsp90-binding immunophilin FKBP51. J Neurochem. 2012;122:4-18 pubmed publisher..Genetic variations of the FK506-binding protein of 51-kDa, FKBP51, one of the immunophilins bound to those steroid receptor complexes, were associated with the effectiveness of ..
- Mahon P, Zandi P, Potash J, Nestadt G, Wand G. Genetic association of FKBP5 and CRHR1 with cortisol response to acute psychosocial stress in healthy adults. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2013;227:231-41 pubmed publisher..These variants were previously shown to be associated with neuropsychiatric disorders. These findings have implications for interindividual variation in HPA axis activity and potentially for the etiology of neuropsychiatric disorders. ..
- Bracher A, Kozany C, Thost A, Hausch F. Structural characterization of the PPIase domain of FKBP51, a cochaperone of human Hsp90. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2011;67:549-59 pubmed publisher..FK506-binding protein 51 (FKBP51) has been shown to reduce glucocorticoid receptor signalling and has been genetically associated with human stress ..
- Sarapas C, Cai G, Bierer L, Golier J, Galea S, Ising M, et al. Genetic markers for PTSD risk and resilience among survivors of the World Trade Center attacks. Dis Markers. 2011;30:101-10 pubmed publisher..An analysis of indirect effects revealed that homozygosity for any of 4 PTSD risk-related polymorphisms at FKBP5 predicted FKBP5 expression, which mediated indirect effects of genotype on plasma cortisol and PTSD severity. ..
- Luijk M, Velders F, Tharner A, van IJzendoorn M, Bakermans Kranenburg M, Jaddoe V, et al. FKBP5 and resistant attachment predict cortisol reactivity in infants: gene-environment interaction. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2010;35:1454-61 pubmed publisher..Findings are discussed from the perspective of gene-environment interaction. ..
- Koenen K, Saxe G, Purcell S, Smoller J, Bartholomew D, Miller A, et al. Polymorphisms in FKBP5 are associated with peritraumatic dissociation in medically injured children. Mol Psychiatry. 2005;10:1058-9 pubmed
- Lekman M, Laje G, Charney D, Rush A, Wilson A, Sorant A, et al. The FKBP5-gene in depression and treatment response--an association study in the Sequenced Treatment Alternatives to Relieve Depression (STAR*D) Cohort. Biol Psychiatry. 2008;63:1103-10 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that FKBP5 is an important target for further studies of depression and treatment response. ..
- Jiang W, Cazacu S, Xiang C, Zenklusen J, Fine H, Berens M, et al. FK506 binding protein mediates glioma cell growth and sensitivity to rapamycin treatment by regulating NF-kappaB signaling pathway. Neoplasia. 2008;10:235-43 pubmed..In conclusion, our study demonstrates that FKBP5 plays an important role in glioma growth and chemoresistance through regulating signal transduction of the NF-kappaB pathway. ..
- Tatro E, Everall I, Kaul M, Achim C. Modulation of glucocorticoid receptor nuclear translocation in neurons by immunophilins FKBP51 and FKBP52: implications for major depressive disorder. Brain Res. 2009;1286:1-12 pubmed publisher..FKBP52, inhibited cortisol-activated GR nuclear translocation, while knockdown of FKBP5, coding for immunophilin FKBP51, was associated with increased baseline GR nuclear localization...
- Melhem N, Munroe S, MARSLAND A, Gray K, Brent D, Porta G, et al. Blunted HPA axis activity prior to suicide attempt and increased inflammation in attempters. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2017;77:284-294 pubmed publisher..Future longitudinal studies are needed to examine the ability of these biomarkers to predict suicidal behavior. ..
- Wang B, Lin L, Wang H, Guo H, Gu Y, Ding W. Overexpressed cyclophilin B suppresses aldosterone-induced proximal tubular cell injury both in vitro and in vivo. Oncotarget. 2016;7:69309-69320 pubmed publisher..a chaperone protein that accelerates the rate of protein folding through its peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase (PPIase) activity...
- Ainaoui N, Hantelys F, Renaud Gabardos E, Bunel M, Lopez F, Pujol F, et al. Promoter-Dependent Translation Controlled by p54nrb and hnRNPM during Myoblast Differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0136466 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, knockdown of either p54 or hnRNPM also blocks endogenous FGF1 induction and myotube formation, demonstrating the physiological relevance of ..
- Chen J, Chen S, Wang J, Zhang M, Gong Z, Wei Y, et al. Cyclophilin J is a novel peptidyl-prolyl isomerase and target for repressing the growth of hepatocellular carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0127668 pubmed publisherCyclophilin J (CYPJ) is a new member of the peptidyl-prolyl cis/trans-isomerase (PPIase) identified with upregulated expression in human glioma. However, the biological function of CYPJ remained unclear...
- Leistner C, Menke A. How to measure glucocorticoid receptor's sensitivity in patients with stress-related psychiatric disorders. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2018;91:235-260 pubmed publisher..In this review we present a synopsis of GR challenge tests with a focus on the application of the DST, the CRH test and the dex-CRH test as well as the dexamethasone-induced gene expression in stress-related psychiatric entities. ..
- Kach J, Long T, Selman P, Tonsing Carter E, Bacalao M, Lastra R, et al. Selective Glucocorticoid Receptor Modulators (SGRMs) Delay Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer Growth. Mol Cancer Ther. 2017;16:1680-1692 pubmed publisher..i>Mol Cancer Ther; 16(8); 1680-92. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Soontornniyomkij V, Everall I, Moore D, Gouaux B, Tatro E, Gospodarev V, et al. Increased cortical expression of FK506 binding protein-51 in HIV-associated neurocognitive disorders. J Neurovirol. 2012;18:313-22 pubmed publisher..The immunoreactivity normalized to the neuroanatomic area measured (IRn) for FKBP51 was increased in HIV subjects both in the cortex and subcortical white matter (p?<?0...
- Hawkins G, Lazarus R, Smith R, Tantisira K, Meyers D, Peters S, et al. The glucocorticoid receptor heterocomplex gene STIP1 is associated with improved lung function in asthmatic subjects treated with inhaled corticosteroids. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2009;123:1376-83.e7 pubmed publisher..STIP1 genetic variations might play a role in regulating corticosteroid response in asthmatic subjects with reduced lung function. Replication in a second asthmatic population is required to confirm these observations. ..
- Mascolo M, Romano M, Ilardi G, Romano S, Baldo A, Scalvenzi M, et al. Expression of FK506-binding protein 51 (FKBP51) in Mycosis fungoides. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..In the last decade, several papers suggested an important role for the FK506-binding protein 51 (FKBP51), an immunophilin initially cloned in lymphocytes, in the control of NF-?B pathway in different types of human ..
- Blackburn E, Wear M, LandrÃ© V, Narayan V, Ning J, Erman B, et al. Cyclophilin40 isomerase activity is regulated by a temperature-dependent allosteric interaction with Hsp90. Biosci Rep. 2015;35: pubmed publisherCyclophilin 40 (Cyp40) comprises an N-terminal cyclophilin domain with peptidyl-prolyl isomerase (PPIase) activity and a C-terminal tetratricopeptide repeat (TPR) domain that binds to the C-terminal-EEVD sequence common to both heat shock ..
- Pflueger D, Terry S, Sboner A, Habegger L, Esgueva R, Lin P, et al. Discovery of non-ETS gene fusions in human prostate cancer using next-generation RNA sequencing. Genome Res. 2011;21:56-67 pubmed publisher..Future work will focus on determining if the ETS rearrangements in prostate cancer are associated or directly predispose to a rearrangement-prone phenotype. ..
- Chen J, Liefke R, Jiang L, Wang J, Huang C, Gong Z, et al. Biochemical Features of Recombinant Human Cyclophilin J. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:1175-80 pubmed..b>PPIase assays were performed on purified hCYPJ and its mutated variants...
- Balsevich G, Häusl A, Meyer C, Karamihalev S, Feng X, Pöhlmann M, et al. Stress-responsive FKBP51 regulates AKT2-AS160 signaling and metabolic function. Nat Commun. 2017;8:1725 pubmed publisher..Here we show that FKBP51 plays a role in energy and glucose homeostasis...
- Amare A, Schubert K, Baune B. Pharmacogenomics in the treatment of mood disorders: Strategies and Opportunities for personalized psychiatry. EPMA J. 2017;8:211-227 pubmed publisher..With future advances in the omics technology and methodological developments for data integration, the goal of PPPM in psychiatry is promising...
- Fichna M, Krzyśko Pieczka I, Zurawek M, Skowronska B, Januszkiewicz Lewandowska D, Fichna P. FKBP5 polymorphism is associated with insulin resistance in children and adolescents with obesity. Obes Res Clin Pract. 2018;12:62-70 pubmed publisher..This study does not support the association of FKBP5 with obesity but demonstrates plausible implication of its variant in susceptibility to obesity-related insulin resistance and hypertriglyceridemia. ..
- Horibe T, Kohno M, Haramoto M, Ohara K, Kawakami K. Designed hybrid TPR peptide targeting Hsp90 as a novel anticancer agent. J Transl Med. 2011;9:8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Antp-TPR peptide would provide a potent and selective anticancer therapy to cancer patients. ..
- Lee A, Lee S, Jung W, Park H, Lim B, Kim H, et al. The OsCYP19-4 Gene Is Expressed as Multiple Alternatively Spliced Transcripts Encoding Isoforms with Distinct Cellular Localizations and PPIase Activities under Cold Stress. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..In OsCYP19-4.2, the key residues of the PPIase domain are altered; consistent with this, recombinant OsCYP19-4...
- Chauhan D, Swain D, Shah N, Yadav H, Sharma A, Yadav B, et al. Modulation of voltage-gated sodium channels induces capacitation in bull spermatozoa through phosphorylation of tyrosine containing proteins. Theriogenology. 2018;108:207-216 pubmed publisher..The immune blot study revealed the presence of five tyrosine phosphorylated proteins, namely-p17, p30, p54, p90 and p100...
- Du N, Yang F, Li L, Liu X, Sun L, Zhang S, et al. Association of single-nucleotide polymorphism in the FKBP5 gene with response to steroids in pediatric patients with primary nephrotic syndrome?. Clin Nephrol. 2017;88:338-343 pubmed publisher..This study aimed to assess the association of single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) of FKBP5 with response to steroids in children with primary nephrotic syndrome (NS)...
- Arlt S, Demiralay C, Tharun B, Geisel O, Storm N, Eichenlaub M, et al. Genetic risk factors for depression in Alzheimer`s disease patients. Curr Alzheimer Res. 2013;10:72-81 pubmed..Further studies on the neurotransmitter systems affected by the genetic polymorphisms found to be associated with MDD in AD may help to elucidate the underlying pathomechanisms of MDD. ..
- Kuan P, Waszczuk M, Kotov R, Clouston S, Yang X, Singh P, et al. Gene expression associated with PTSD in World Trade Center responders: An RNA sequencing study. Transl Psychiatry. 2017;7:1297 pubmed publisher..A novel polygenic expression aggregate that differentiates PTSD patients from trauma-exposed controls might be a useful screening tool for research and clinical practice, if replicated in other populations. ..
- Bevilacqua L, Carli V, Sarchiapone M, George D, Goldman D, Roy A, et al. Interaction between FKBP5 and childhood trauma and risk of aggressive behavior. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2012;69:62-70 pubmed publisher..No main effect of the FKBP5 diplotypes was observed. These data suggest that childhood trauma and variants in the FKBP5 gene may interact to increase the risk of overt aggressive behavior. ..
- Kohrt B, Worthman C, Ressler K, Mercer K, Upadhaya N, Koirala S, et al. Cross-cultural gene- environment interactions in depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, and the cortisol awakening response: FKBP5 polymorphisms and childhood trauma in South Asia. Int Rev Psychiatry. 2015;27:180-96 pubmed publisher..Gene-environment studies should take differences in prevalence and cultural significance of phenotypes and exposures into account when interpreting cross-cultural findings. ..
- Lagadari M, Zgajnar N, Gallo L, Galigniana M. Hsp90-binding immunophilin FKBP51 forms complexes with hTERT enhancing telomerase activity. Mol Oncol. 2016;10:1086-98 pubmed publisher..b>FKBP51 and FKBP52 are the best characterized Hsp90-bound immunophilins first described associated to steroid-receptors...
- Johnson J, Corbisier R, Stensgard B, Toft D. The involvement of p23, hsp90, and immunophilins in the assembly of progesterone receptor complexes. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1996;56:31-7 pubmed..When PR is incubated in rabbit reticulocyte lysate, its association with hsp90, hsp70, the three immunophilins FKBP54, FKBP52 and CyP-40, and with p23 is observed...
- Tajiri T, Matsumoto H, Niimi A, Ito I, Oguma T, Nakaji H, et al. Association of eosinophilic inflammation with FKBP51 expression in sputum cells in asthma. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65284 pubmed publisher..However, the relationship between airway eosinophilia and the expression of FK506-binding protein 51 (FKBP51), a glucocorticoid receptor co-chaperone that plays a role in steroid insensitivity in asthma, remains unknown...
- Womersley J, Martin L, van der Merwe L, Seedat S, Hemmings S. Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis variants and childhood trauma influence anxiety sensitivity in South African adolescents. Metab Brain Dis. 2018;33:601-613 pubmed publisher..This study reinforces the importance of examining the influence of gene-environment (G X E) interactions within gender and population groups. ..
- Kumar R, Moche M, Winblad B, Pavlov P. Combined x-ray crystallography and computational modeling approach to investigate the Hsp90 C-terminal peptide binding to FKBP51. Sci Rep. 2017;7:14288 pubmed publisherFK506 binding protein of 51?kDa (FKBP51) is a heat shock protein 90 (Hsp90) co-chaperone involved in the regulation of steroid hormone receptors activity...
- Fujii T, Ota M, Hori H, Hattori K, Teraishi T, Matsuo J, et al. The common functional FKBP5 variant rs1360780 is associated with altered cognitive function in aged individuals. Sci Rep. 2014;4:6696 pubmed publisher..This finding accords with an altered HPA axis and vulnerability to stress-related psychiatric disorders. ..
- Misiak B, Stramecki F, Gaweda Ł, Prochwicz K, Sasiadek M, Moustafa A, et al. Interactions Between Variation in Candidate Genes and Environmental Factors in the Etiology of Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder: a Systematic Review. Mol Neurobiol. 2018;55:5075-5100 pubmed publisher..In addition, future studies should address the direction of causality and potential mechanisms of the relationship between gene × environment interactions and various categories of outcomes in schizophrenia and BD. ..
- Vivoli M, Renou J, Chevalier A, Norville I, Diaz S, Juli C, et al. A miniaturized peptidyl-prolyl isomerase enzyme assay. Anal Biochem. 2017;536:59-68 pubmed publisher..g. cardiovascular disease, cancer and Alzheimer's. The development of novel PPIase inhibitors has been limited by the lack of a rapid, laboratory-based assay for these enzymes, as their substrates ..
- Suppli N, Bukh J, Moffitt T, Caspi A, Johansen C, Tjønneland A, et al. Genetic variants in 5-HTTLPR, BDNF, HTR1A, COMT, and FKBP5 and risk for treated depression after cancer diagnosis. Depress Anxiety. 2017;34:845-855 pubmed publisher..However, conclusion from the present study might be generalizable to elderly persons exposed to other stressful life events. ..
- Paquette A, Lester B, Lesseur C, Armstrong D, Guerin D, Appleton A, et al. Placental epigenetic patterning of glucocorticoid response genes is associated with infant neurodevelopment. Epigenomics. 2015;7:767-79 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that coordinated regulation of these genes influences neurobehavior and demonstrates the importance of examining these alterations in a harmonized fashion. ..
- Fan H, Zhao G, Ren D, Liu F, Dong G, Hou Y. Gender differences of B cell signature related to estrogen-induced IFI44L/BAFF in systemic lupus erythematosus. Immunol Lett. 2017;181:71-78 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that the diagnosis and treatment of these immune-related diseases should consider the baseline gender-related differences. ..
- Skagia A, Vezyri E, Grados K, Venieraki A, Karpusas M, Katinakis P, et al. Structure-Function Analysis of the Periplasmic Escherichia coli Cyclophilin PpiA in Relation to Biofilm Formation. J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol. 2017;27:228-236 pubmed publisher..Cyclophilin PpiA, present in the periplasm of gram-negative bacteria, possesses PPIase activity but its physiological functions are still not clearly defined...
- Sun N, Huang S, Chang P, Lu H, Chao C. Transcriptomic profiling of taxol-resistant ovarian cancer cells identifies FKBP5 and the androgen receptor as critical markers of chemotherapeutic response. Oncotarget. 2014;5:11939-56 pubmed..Our findings suggest that mitotoxin-based treatment against ovarian cancer should be avoided when the Akt/FKBP5/AR axis is activated. ..
- Grabe H, Wittfeld K, Van der Auwera S, Janowitz D, Hegenscheid K, Habes M, et al. Effect of the interaction between childhood abuse and rs1360780 of the FKBP5 gene on gray matter volume in a general population sample. Hum Brain Mapp. 2016;37:1602-13 pubmed publisher..Those brain changes might contribute to an increased vulnerability of stress-related disorders in TT genotype carriers. ..
- Paquette A, Lester B, Koestler D, Lesseur C, Armstrong D, Marsit C. Placental FKBP5 genetic and epigenetic variation is associated with infant neurobehavioral outcomes in the RICHS cohort. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e104913 pubmed publisher..These genetic and epigenetic differences in expression may alter the placenta's ability to modulate cortisol response and exposure, leading to altered neurobehavioral outcomes. ..
- Hoeijmakers L, Harbich D, Schmid B, Lucassen P, Wagner K, Schmidt M, et al. Depletion of FKBP51 in female mice shapes HPA axis activity. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e95796 pubmed publisher..For instance, variations in the gene encoding the FK506 binding protein 51 (FKBP51) have been repeatedly associated with mood and anxiety...
- De la Cruz Cano E. Association between FKBP5 and CRHR1 genes with suicidal behavior: A systematic review. Behav Brain Res. 2017;317:46-61 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this systematic review supports an association between suicidal behavior and genetic variants in FKBP5 and CRHR1 genes. ..