Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FHIT
Description: fragile histidine triad
Alias: AP3Aase, FRA3B, AP3A hydrolase, bis(5'-adenosyl)-triphosphatase, diadenosine 5',5'''-P1,P3-triphosphate hydrolase, dinucleosidetriphosphatase, tumor suppressor protein
Publications159 found, 100 shown here
- Molecular analysis of the FHIT gene in human prostate cancerA Latil
Laboratoire d oncogénétique, Centre Rene Huguenin, St Cloud, France
Oncogene 16:1863-8. 1998A variety of studies suggest that the FHIT gene, which encompasses the fragile site at 3p14.2, is a candidate tumor suppressor gene in several forms of human cancer...
- Evidence that instability within the FRA3B region extends four megabasesNicole A Becker
Department of Experimental Pathology, Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota, MN 55905, USA
Oncogene 21:8713-22. 2002b>FRA3B is the most frequently expressed common fragile site localized within human chromosomal band 3p14.2, which is frequently deleted in many different cancers, including cervical cancer...
- Association between germline variation in the FHIT gene and prostate cancer in Caucasians and African AmericansAlbert M Levin
Departments of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:1294-7. 2007..Encompassing the most active fragile site in the human genome, FRA3B, FHIT has become the model fragile site-associated tumor suppressor gene...
- Down-regulation of fragile histidine triad expression in prostate carcinomaRebecca L Fouts
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Cancer 97:1447-52. 2003..The gene encompasses the common human chromosomal fragile site, the FRA3B locus at chromosome 3p14.2, and is expressed in most normal adult tissues and tumor cell lines...
- Genetic analysis of lung tumours of non-smoking subjects: p53 gene mutations are constantly associated with loss of heterozygosity at the FHIT locusA Marchetti
Department of Oncology, University of Pisa, Italy
Br J Cancer 78:73-8. 1998..We have examined the status of p53 and K-ras genes and the presence of loss of heterozygosity (LOH) at the FHIT locus in a series of 35 lung adenocarcinomas that developed in subjects who had never smoked...
- Use of monoclonal antibodies in the functional characterization of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae Sep1 proteinA Holler
Institute of General Microbiology, University of Bern, Switzerland
Eur J Biochem 231:329-36. 1995..The implications of these data for the interpretation of proteins which promote homologous pairing of DNA are discussed, in particular in light of the reannealing activity of the p53 human tumor-suppressor protein...
- Cancer prevention and therapy in a preclinical mouse model: impact of FHIT virusesHideshi Ishii
Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Curr Gene Ther 4:53-63. 2004..identified by positional cloning of the chromosome region spanning the carcinogen-sensitive, common fragile site, FRA3B at 3p14.2...
- p53 tumor suppressor protein and H-RAS oncogene in maxillofacial tumors: immunohistochemical and genetic investigation, induction chemotherapy response and prognosis evaluationT Cutilli
Maxillofacial Institute Surgical Department, University of L Aquila, Italy
J Chemother 10:411-7. 1998The authors carried out immunohistochemical and genetic research on the tumor suppressor protein p53 and H-RAS oncogene in oromaxillofacial neoplasms...
- High-risk human papillomavirus, tumor suppressor protein p53 and mitomycin-C in invasive squamous cell carcinoma cervixS Rajaram
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi 110 095, India
Indian J Cancer 43:156-62. 2006..Clinical data relating to human papillomavirus (HPV) infection and p53 status in cervical cancer has been sparse and confusing...
- Structure of the Wilms tumor suppressor protein zinc finger domain bound to DNARaphael Stoll
Department of Molecular Biology and Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Mol Biol 372:1227-45. 2007The zinc finger domain of the Wilms tumor suppressor protein (WT1) contains four canonical Cys(2)His(2) zinc fingers. WT1 binds preferentially to DNA sequences that are closely related to the EGR-1 consensus site...
- Common fragile sites, extremely large genes, neural development and cancerDavid I Smith
Co head of the Ovarian Cancer Program, Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Division of Experimental Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Cancer Lett 232:48-57. 2006..The first CFS to be cloned and characterized was FRA3B, the most active CFS in the human genome. Instability within this region extends for over 4...
- Study of FHIT and WWOX expression in mucoepidermoid carcinoma and adenoid cystic carcinoma of salivary glandNazmiye Dincer
Hacettepe University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Ankara, Turkey
Oral Oncol 46:195-9. 2010..FHIT and WWOX are tumor suppressor genes that encompass the FRA3B and FRA16D fragile sites at chromosomes 3p14.2 and 16q23.3, respectively...
- RNA interference-mediated silencing of the p53 tumor-suppressor protein drastically increases apoptosis after inhibition of endogenous fatty acid metabolism in breast cancer cellsJavier A Menendez
Department of Medicine, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare Research Institute, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Int J Mol Med 15:33-40. 2005....
- Molecular analysis of the fragile histidine triad (FHIT) tumor suppressor gene in vesical tumors of cattle with chronic enzootic hematuria (CEH)E Guidi
Department of Genetics and Microbiology A Buzzati Traverso, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Cytogenet Genome Res 120:173-7. 2008..gene is a tumor suppressor gene known to be inactivated in many tumors including bladder tumors and is spanning FRA3B, a very active common fragile site in the human genome...
- Hepatitis C virus core protein inhibits tumor suppressor protein promyelocytic leukemia function in human hepatoma cellsKerstin Herzer
I Medical Department, , Mainz, Germany
Cancer Res 65:10830-7. 2005b>Tumor suppressor protein promyelocytic leukemia (PML) is implicated in apoptosis regulation and antiviral response...
- Protein phosphatase type 1-dependent dephosphorylation of the retinoblastoma tumor suppressor protein in ultraviolet-irradiated human skin and keratinocytesM J Edwards
University of Wales Institute Cardiff, School of Applied Sciences, Llandaff Campus, Western Avenue, Cardiff, U K
J Invest Dermatol 115:88-94. 2000..serine/threonine phosphatase in the ultraviolet radiation-induced dephosphorylation of retinoblastoma tumor suppressor protein in human skin and cultured keratinocytes...
- Loss of FHIT expression in transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladderR Baffa
Department of Urology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Pathol 156:419-24. 2000..We recently cloned the tumor suppressor gene FHIT (fragile histidine triad) at 3p14...
- FHIT (fragile histidine triad) gene analysis in cervical intraepithelial neoplasiaF S Liu
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Gynecol Oncol 82:283-90. 2001Recently a candidate tumor suppressor gene, FHIT (fragile histidine triad), was identified at chromosome 3p14.2. Abnormality of this gene has been observed in a variety of human tumors...
- Expression of Fhit, cell adhesion molecules and matrix metalloproteinases in atypical adenomatous hyperplasia and pulmonary adenocarcinomaKeith M Kerr
Department of Pathology, Aberdeen University Medical School, Aberdeen, UK
J Pathol 203:638-44. 2004..We examined the expression of the putative tumour suppressor gene product Fhit, cell adhesion molecules CD44v6, E-cadherin and beta-catenin, and matrix metalloproteinase 2 and its inhibitor, ..
- High-affinity binding of tumor-suppressor protein p53 and HMGB1 to hemicatenated DNA loopsMichal Stros
Laboratory of Analysis of Chromosomal Proteins, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Institute of Biophysics, 612 65 Brno, Czech Republic
Biochemistry 43:7215-25. 2004..Only the full-length p53 can form stable ternary complexes with hcDNA and HMGB1. The possible biological relevance of p53 and HMGB1 binding to hemicatenanes is discussed...
- Analysis of the tumour suppressor genes, FHIT and WT-1, and the tumour rejection genes, BAGE, GAGE-1/2, HAGE, MAGE-1, and MAGE-3, in benign and malignant neoplasms of the salivary glandsH Nagel
Department of Cytopathology, Georg August University of Gottingen, Robert Koch Straszligbeta e 40, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Mol Pathol 56:226-31. 2003..This study aimed to analyse the expression of putative tumour suppressor genes, FHIT and WT-1, and tumour rejection genes, BAGE, GAGE-1/2, MAGE-1, MAGE-3, and HAGE (which are reported to be important ..
- An FHIT tumor suppressor gene?M M Le Beau
Section of Hematology Oncology, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 21:281-9. 1998The FRA3B at 3p14.2 is the most common of the constitutive aphidicolin-inducible fragile sites. Using independent approaches, four groups of investigators have cloned and characterized this fragile site...
- Alterations of the Fhit gene in hepatocellular carcinomas induced by N-nitrosodiethylamine in ratsToshifumi Tsujiuchi
Department of Oncological Pathology, Cancer Center, Nara Medical University, Kashihara, Nara, Japan
Mol Carcinog 34:19-24. 2002The present study was conducted to assess whether Fhit gene alterations are a feature of hepatocellular carcinomas (HCCs) induced by N-nitrosodiethylamine (DEN) in male Fischer 344 rats...
- [Expression of nuclear factor-kappa-B/P65 and fragile histidine triad in colorectal carcinoma and clinical significance thereof]Yang Lu
Department of Pathology, General Hospital of Chinese People s Liberation Army, Beijing 100853, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 88:610-4. 2008To investigate the expression of nuclear factor-kappa-B (NF-KB)/P65 and fragile histidine triad (FHIT) in colorectal carcinoma and clinical significance thereof.
- Loss of FHIT expression in breast cancer is correlated with poor prognostic markersBanu Arun
Division of Hematology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard 424, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:1681-5. 2005The fragile histidine triad (FHIT) gene is a putative tumor suppressor gene that is thought to be involved in the carcinogenesis of breast cancer...
- Alterations of the fragile histidine triad gene in hepatitis C virus-associated hepatocellular carcinomaAbdel Rahman N Zekri
Virology and Immunology Unit, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:87-94. 2005..to address whether homozygous deletion (HZD) or transcriptional alterations of the fragile histidine triad (FHIT) gene play a role in the development and progression of hepatitis C virus-associated hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
- Protein expression profiling identifies cyclophilin A as a molecular target in Fhit-mediated tumor suppressionShuho Semba
Comprehensive Cancer Center and Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology, and Medical Genetics, Ohio State University, Room 455C, Wiseman Hall, 410 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, 43210, USA
Mol Cancer Res 4:529-38. 2006Loss of fragile histidine triad (Fhit) expression is often associated with human malignancies, and Fhit functions as a tumor suppressor in controlling cell growth and apoptosis, although specific signal pathways are still undefined...
- Comparative genomic mapping of the bovine Fragile Histidine Triad (FHIT) tumour suppressor gene: characterization of a 2 Mb BAC contig covering the locus, complete annotation of the gene, analysis of cDNA and of physiological expression profilesCristina Uboldi
Department of Genetics and Microbiology A, Buzzati Traverso, University of Pavia, Italy
BMC Genomics 7:123. 2006..FHIT is frequently hit by deletions caused by fragility at FRA3B, the most active of human common fragile sites, where FHIT lays...
- [Abnormal expression of fragile histidine triad (FHIT) and Mut S homolog 2 (MSH2) proteins in human sporadic colorectal carcinoma and their clinical significance]Cheng Cai Yao
Department of Oncology, Zhongnan Hospital, Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei, 430071, PR China
Ai Zheng 23:310-6. 2004Frequent loss of fragile histidine triad (FHIT) expression in human gastrointestinal tract carcinomas has been reported; however, there were divergent opinions regarding FHIT expression in colorectal carcinoma...
- Genetic deletions in sputum as diagnostic markers for early detection of stage I non-small cell lung cancerRuiYun Li
Department of Surgery, The University of Maryland School of Medicine, 10 South Pine Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:482-7. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine whether the genetic changes can be used as markers in sputum specimen for the early detection of lung cancer...
- Crystal structure of the worm NitFhit Rosetta Stone protein reveals a Nit tetramer binding two Fhit dimersH C Pace
Structural Biology and Bioinformatics Program, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Curr Biol 10:907-17. 2000The nucleotide-binding protein Fhit, among the earliest and most frequently inactivated proteins in lung cancer, suppresses tumor formation by inducing apoptosis...
- Abnormalities of fragile histidine triad genomic and complementary DNAs in cervical cancer: association with human papillomavirus typeC Y Muller
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hamon Center for Therapeutic Oncology Research, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 9032, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 90:433-9. 1998Chromosome 3p14.2 contains FRA3B, the most active chromosome breakage site in the human genome. The fragile histidine triad (FHIT) gene, a putative tumor suppressor gene, overlaps FRA3B...
- Allelic imbalance and abnormal expression of FHIT in endemic nasopharyngeal carcinoma: association with clinicopathological featuresYan Fei Deng
Department of Otolaryngology, Zhongshan Hospital, Xiamen University, 209 Hubin South Road, Xiamen, Fujian, 361004, People s Republic of China
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 267:1933-41. 2010The FHIT gene is involved in the pathogenesis of many cancers...
- Direct interaction of the beta-domain of VHL tumor suppressor protein with the regulatory domain of atypical PKC isotypesH Okuda
Department of Urology, Kochi Medical School, Kochi, 783 8505, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 263:491-7. 1999VHL tumor suppressor protein contains two domains, alpha and beta. The alpha-domain is involved in the formation of a large protein complex suggested to be involved in ubiquitin-mediated protein degradation...
- Structural and biosensor analyses of a synthetic biotinylated peptide probe for the isolation of adenomatous polyposis coli tumor suppressor protein complexesJ D Wade
Howard Florey Institute, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Pept Res 58:204-12. 2001..tumors stem from mutations in the gene coding for the production of the adenomatous polyposis coli (APC) tumor suppressor protein. This protein contains a coiled-coil N-terminal domain that is known to be responsible for ..
- Hsp90 chaperones wild-type p53 tumor suppressor proteinDawid Walerych
International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 02 109 Warsaw, Poland
J Biol Chem 279:48836-45. 2004..used to investigate the putative interactions of the Hsp90 molecular chaperone with the wild-type p53 tumor suppressor protein. We show that geldanamycin or radicicol, specific inhibitors of Hsp90, diminish specific wild-type p53 ..
- The FHIT gene in oral squamous cell carcinoma: allelic imbalance is frequent but cDNA aberrations are uncommonS Pateromichelakis
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Molecular Oncology, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Dentistry, Caldecot Road, London, UK
Oral Oncol 36:180-8. 2000The FHIT (fragile histidine triad) gene at chromosome 3p14.2 spans the FRA3B fragile site and encodes for a diadenosine triphosphate hydrolase-type protein...
- A novel approach to simultaneously scan genes at fragile sitesPascale Willem
Department of Hematology and Molecular Medicine University of the Witwatersrand and the National Health Laboratory Services, Wits Medical School, 8 York road, 2193 Parktown, South Africa
BMC Cancer 6:205. 2006..The two most commonly expressed fragile sites FRA3B and FRA16D host the histidine triad (FHIT) and WW domain containing oxidoreductase (WWOX) genes respectively...
- Aberrations of the FHIT gene and Fhit protein in canine lymphoma cell linesHiroko Hiraoka
Laboratory of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Faculty of Agriculture, Yamaguchi University, Yamaguchi, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 71:769-77. 2009The fragile histidine triad (FHIT) gene is a tumor-associated gene, and aberrant FHIT gene and protein expression have been described in many types of human tumors...
- Multiple regions with allelic loss at chromosome 3 in superficial multifocal bladder tumorsJ Louhelainen
ICRF Cancer Medicine Research Unit, Cancer Research Building, St James s University Hospital, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
Int J Oncol 18:203-10. 2001..The majority (4/5) of the patients had LOH at or close to the fragile histidine triad (FHIT) gene (3p14.2; D3S1300), which is a candidate tumor suppressor gene for many cancer types...
- Lung cancer susceptibility in Fhit-deficient mice is increased by Vhl haploinsufficiencyNicola Zanesi
Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Cancer Res 65:6576-82. 2005The FHIT gene plays important roles in cancer development, including lung cancers, in which the Fhit protein is frequently lost...
- Influence of FHIT on benzo[a]pyrene-induced tumors and alopecia in mice: chemoprevention by budesonide and N-acetylcysteineRoumen Balansky
Department of Health Sciences, University of Genoa, Via A Pastore 1, I 16132 Genoa, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:7823-8. 2006The FHIT gene has many hallmarks of a tumor-suppressor gene and is involved in a large variety of cancers...
- Adenosine monophosphoramidase activity of Hint and Hnt1 supports function of Kin28, Ccl1, and Tfb3Pawel Bieganowski
Structural Biology and Bioinformatics Program, Kimmel Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Biol Chem 277:10852-60. 2002..hydrolases and nucleotide transferases consists of a branch of proteins related to Hint and Aprataxin, a branch of Fhit-related hydrolases, and a branch of galactose-1-phosphate uridylyltransferase (GalT)-related transferases...
- FHIT mRNA expression in thymomaH Sasaki
Department of Surgery II, Nagoya City University Medical School, Nagoya, Japan
Eur J Surg Oncol 29:904-7. 2003The FHIT gene is located at 3p14.2 a region frequently lost in multiple tumour types. Loss of FHIT expression has been found to occur frequently in multiple tumour types...
- Impaired replication dynamics at the FRA3B common fragile siteAparna Palakodeti
Department of Medicine, Section of Hematology Oncology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Hum Mol Genet 19:99-110. 2010..replication stress, we examined replication dynamics within a 50 kb region of the most frequently expressed CFS, FRA3B. We mapped four origins of replication, ori 1-4, using two independent methods...
- Aberrant transcripts of the FHIT gene are expressed in normal and leukaemic haemopoietic cellsM Carapeti
Department of Haematology, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Br J Cancer 78:601-5. 1998Deletions and apparent transcriptional abnormalities of the FHIT gene at 3p14.2 have recently been reported in a wide variety of solid tumours...
- The murine Fhit gene is highly similar to its human orthologue and maps to a common fragile site regionT W Glover
Department of Pediatrics and Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Cancer Res 58:3409-14. 1998..exhibits both genomic deletions and aberrant transcripts in a variety of tumors and spans the common fragile site FRA3B. This fragile site extends over a broad region of several hundred kb within the FHIT gene and may account for its ..
- DNA methylation and loss of protein expression in esophageal squamous cell carcinogenesis of high-risk areaX Q Guo
Department of Endoscopy, The 4th Affiliated Hospital, Hebei Medical University, China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 26:587-94. 2007..The purpose of this study was to investigate aberrant promoter methylation of the p16 and FHIT genes in tissues and plasma and loss of protein expression in esophageal precancerous conditions (EPC) and ..
- A hybrid machine learning-based method for classifying the Cushing's Syndrome with comorbid adrenocortical lesionsJack Y Yang
Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
BMC Genomics 9:S23. 2008..as hTERT, PCNA and Ki-67 can be considered as cancer markers, while another set of antigens such as P27KIP1 and FHIT are possible markers for normal tissue...
- FHIT and p53 gene abnormalities in bronchioloalveolar carcinomas. Correlations with clinicopathological data and K-ras mutationsA Marchetti
Department of Oncology, University of Pisa, Italy
J Pathol 184:240-6. 1998..of 51 BACs, previously investigated for K-ras gene mutations, has evaluated the status of two other genes, p53 and FHIT, known to be frequently altered in non-small cell lung cancer...
- Chromosomal fragile sites FRA3B and FRA16D show correlated expression and association with failure of apoptosis in lymphocytes from patients with thyroid cancerIsabella Sbrana
Department of Human and Environmental Sciences, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 45:429-36. 2006..This appears to be the case for FRA3B and FRA16D, localized in two tumor-suppressor genes (FHIT and WWOX, respectively) that are altered by deletions or ..
- p53 and FHIT mutations and microsatellite alterations in malignancy-associated pleural effusionJin Hwa Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical Research Center, Ewha Womans University Mokdong Hospital, 911 1 Mokdong Yangcheon gu, Seoul 158 710, South Korea
Lung Cancer 44:33-42. 2004..whether the genetic analysis of pleural fluid can be used to diagnose malignant effusion, we investigated p53 and FHIT mutations and microsatellite alterations (MA) in the pleural fluid of 40 patients with pleural effusion associated ..
- Molecular characterization of FRAXB and comparative common fragile site instability in cancer cellsMartin F Arlt
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0618, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 33:82-92. 2002The common fragile site, FRA3B, has been shown to be a site of frequent homozygous deletions in some cancers, resulting in loss of expression of the associated FHIT gene...
- Sequence conservation at human and mouse orthologous common fragile regions, FRA3B/FHIT and Fra14A2/FhitT Shiraishi
Kimmel Cancer Center, Jefferson Medical College, 233 South 10th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:5722-7. 2001..This study describes a comparison of orthologous fragile regions, the human FRA3B/FHIT and the murine Fra14A2/Fhit locus...
- The common fragile site FRA16D and its associated gene WWOX are highly conserved in the mouse at Fra8E1Kurt A Krummel
Division of Experimental Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 34:154-67. 2002..CFSs) have been cloned and characterized, including the two most frequently observed in the human population, FRA3B and FRA16D...
- Fragile histidine triad protein: structure, function, and its association with tumorogenesisMd Imtaiyaz Hassan
Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Basic Sciences, Jamia Millia Islamia, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi, 110025, India
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 136:333-50. 2010The human fragile histidine triad (FHIT) gene is a putative tumor suppressor gene, which is located at chromosome region 3p14.2...
- [Expression of fragile histidine triad (FHIT) protein and its significance in diagnosing classical Hodgkin lymphoma]Po Zhao
Department of Pathology, General Hospital of Chinese People s Liberation Army, Beijing 100853, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 35:289-91. 2006To study the expression of FHIT protein and its potential application in diagnosing classic Hodgkin lymphoma.
- The von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor proteinM Ivan
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Brigham and Womens Hospital, 44 Binney Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Curr Opin Genet Dev 11:27-34. 2001The von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor protein (pVHL) has been shown to bind directly to the alpha subunits of the heterodimeric transcription factor HIF (hypoxia inducible factor)...
- A Fhit-ing role in the DNA damage checkpoint responseHideshi Ishii
Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical University, Tochigi, Japan
Cell Cycle 6:1044-8. 2007..Finally, results of a recent study have suggested that the DNA damage-susceptible FRA3B/FHIT chromosome fragile region, paradoxically, encodes a protein, Fhit, that is necessary for protecting cells ..
- Lack of association of fragile histidine triad (FHIT) polymorphisms with lung cancer in the Korean populationHae Yun Jung
Department of Internal Medicine and Brain Korea 21 Project for Biomedical Science, Genomic Research Center for Lung and Breast Ovarian Cancers, Korea University College of Medicine, 126 1, Anam Dong 5Ga, Sungbuk Gu, Seoul 136 705, Korea
J Hum Genet 52:668-74. 2007The fragile histidine triad (FHIT), which was located on chromosome 3p14.2, was currently considered a promising candidate for a tumor suppressor gene. FHIT performed a crucial function in the tumorigenesis of lung cancer...
- Aberrant methylation of tumor suppressor genes in patients with refractory anemia with ring sideroblastsAna Valencia
Department of Hematology, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Avda Campanar 21, 46009 Valencia, Spain valencia
Leuk Res 35:479-83. 2011..The genes methylated were CDKN2B (20%), RASSF1 (18%), RARB (10%), CDH13 (7.5%) and FHIT (5%)...
- Genome-wide joint SNP and CNV analysis of aortic root diameter in African Americans: the HyperGEN studyNathan E Wineinger
Department of Biostatistics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
BMC Med Genomics 4:4. 2011..We report a genome-wide association study on aortic root diameter among African Americans enrolled in the HyperGEN study. We invoked a two-stage, mixed model procedure to jointly identify SNP allele and copy number variation effects...
- Loss expression of active fragile sites genes associated with the severity of breast epithelial abnormalitiesTian Tian Wang
Department of General Surgery, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong 250012, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 121:1969-74. 2008WWOX and FHIT are two candidate tumor suppressor genes located in active fragile sites, the damage of which has been associated with the development of breast cancer...
- Promoter methylation profile in gallbladder cancerJuan Carlos Roa
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Universidad de La Frontera, Manuel Montt 112, Temuco, 478 1176, Chile
J Gastroenterol 41:269-75. 2006..Our objective was to analyze the methylation pattern of some of the genes involved in carcinogenesis of the gallbladder, examining the immunohistochemical expression of proteins, clinical features, and patient survival time...
- Fragile histidine triad gene inactivation in lung cancer: the European Early Lung Cancer projectCarla Verri
Department of Experimental Oncology, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 179:396-401. 2009Fragile histidine triad (FHIT) is a tumor suppressor gene involved in the pathogenesis of lung cancer.
- Aberration of the enzymatic activity of Fhit tumor suppressor protein enhances cancer cell death upon photodynamic therapy similarly to that driven by wild-type FhitBartosz Ferens
Department of Biotechnology, Division of Molecular Diagnostics, Intercollegiate Faculty of Biotechnology, University of Gdansk and Medical University of Gdansk, Kladki 24, 80 822 Gdansk, Poland
Cancer Lett 280:101-9. 2009The tumor suppressor Fhit protein lost in many human pre-malignant tissues, possesses diadenosine triphosphate activity regulated by a photosensitizer, protoporphyrin IX (PpIX) in vitro...
- [Expressions of FHIT and PTEN and their significance in prostate cancer]Qin Xiao
Department of Pathology, Northern Jiangsu People s Hospital, Yangzhou, Jiangsu 225001, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 17:136-9. 2011To investigate the expressions of the FHIT and PTEN genes and their significance in prostate cancer.
- microRNA-143 protects cells from DNA damage-induced killing by downregulating FHIT expressionYu Xiang Lin
Department of Medical Molecular Biology, Beijing Institute of Biotechnology, China
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 26:365-72. 2011..Recent studies suggest roles of miRNAs in carcinogenesis. Fragile histidine triad (FHIT) gene deletion, methylation, and reduced Fhit protein expression occur in about 70% of human epithelial tumors and ..
- Clinicopathological significance of FHIT protein expression in gastric adenocarcinoma patientsPo Zhao
Department of Pathology, Chinese People s Liberation Army General Hospital, Beijing 100853, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:5735-8. 2005To investigate the expression of fragile histidine triad (FHIT) protein, and the possible relationship between FHIT expression and clinicopathological indices in gastric carcinoma.
- FHIT gene expression is repressed by mitogenic signaling through the PI3K/AKT/FOXO pathwayKevin Kelley
Wright State University, Boonshoft School of Medicine, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Department, 3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy, Dayton, OH 45435, USA
Am J Cancer Res 1:62-70. 2011The Fragile Histidine Triad gene or FHIT functions as tumor suppressor in many epithelial cell types...
- The fragile histidine triad gene: a molecular link between cigarette smoking and cervical cancerChristine H Holschneider
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095 1740, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:5756-63. 2005..hypothesized that reduced FHIT protein expression, homozygous deletions (HD) or hemizygous deletions (HemiD) and microsatellite alterations (MA) at the FHIT/FRA3B locus occur more commonly in cervical cancers of smokers than nonsmokers.
- Prevention of urinary bladder cancer in the FHIT knock-out mouse with Rofecoxib, a Cox-2 inhibitorDomenico D'Arca
Department of Urology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Urol Oncol 28:189-94. 2010..COX-2 inhibitor, rofecoxib, in the development of urinary bladder cancer, we studied the effect of this drug in heterozygous and nullizygous fragile histidine triad (FHIT) gene-deficient mice in a chemically induced carcinogenesis model.
- Correlation of fragile histidine triad (Fhit) protein structural features with effector interactions and biological functionsFlavia Pichiorri
Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, Ohio State University and Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 284:1040-9. 2009We have previously shown that Fhit tumor suppressor protein interacts with Hsp60 chaperone machinery and ferredoxin reductase (Fdxr) protein...
- [Expression of FHIT and MDM2 in oral submucous fibrosis and canceration tissues]Xiaomin Yin
Department of Stomatology, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410078, China
Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 35:572-5. 2010To determine the role of fragile histidine triad (FHIT) and MDM2 in carcinogenesis of oral submucous fibrosis (OSF).
- [Mutation and abnormal expression of FHIT gene in hypopharyngeal carcinoma]Hao Wu
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University, Nantong, 226001, China
Lin Chung Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 23:245-8, 253. 2009To analyze the mutation and abnormal expression of the FHIT gene in human hypopharyngeal carcinoma.
- Expression of Fhit, Mlh1, p16INK4A and E-cadherin in early gastric neoplasia: Correlation with histological grade and gastric phenotypeAkihito Hara
Division of Medicine and Clinical Science, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago 683 8504, Japan
Oncol Rep 18:553-9. 2007..The protein expression of 4 TSGs including Fhit, Mlh1, p16INK4A and E-cadherin was examined using immunohistochemical methods in 103 early gastric neoplasias, ..
- Microsatellite analysis of induced sputum DNA in patients with lung cancer in heavy smokers and in healthy subjectsA Castagnaro
Department of Clinical Science, Section of Respiratory Medicine, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Exp Lung Res 33:289-301. 2007Abnormality in the fragile histidine triade (FHIT), a candidate tumor suppressor gene located in chromosome region 3 (3p14.2), has been frequently found in multiple tumor types, including lung cancer...
- Genetic polymorphisms of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase and promoter methylation of MGMT and FHIT genes in diffuse large B cell lymphoma risk in Middle EastAbdul K Siraj
Department of Human Cancer Genomic Research Centre, King Fahad National Center for Children s Cancer and Research, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Ann Hematol 86:887-95. 2007..The O6 methylguanine DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) and fragile histidine triad (FHIT) genes are transcriptionally silenced by promoter hypermethylation in DLBCL...
- Prognostic value of FHIT, CTNNB1, and MUC1 expression in non-small cell lung cancerMatthias Woenckhaus
Department of Pathology, University of Regensburg, D 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Hum Pathol 39:126-36. 2008..dickkopf, Xenopus, homolog of 3 (DKK3 gene), fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 (FGFR3), fragile histidine triad (FHIT), tumor protein p53 (TP53), mucin1 (MUC1), topoisomerase II alpha (TOP2A), and glutathione S-transferase-Pi (GST) ..
- [Alteration of methylation status of fragile histidine triad gene promoter in patients with myelodysplastic syndrome]Dong ming Yao
The Affiliated People s Hospital, Jiangsu University, Zhengjiang, Jiangsu, People s Republic of China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 25:36-9. 2008To study the methylation status of fragile histidine triad (FHIT) gene promoter in patients with myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) and its clinical relevance.
- Fhit modulates the DNA damage checkpoint responseHideshi Ishii
Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical University, Tochigi, Japan
Cancer Res 66:11287-92. 2006In preneoplastic lesions, the DNA damage checkpoint is induced and loss of heterozygosity at the FRA3B/FHIT common chromosome fragile region precedes or is coincident with activation of the checkpoint response in these early stages...
- [Effect of 5-Aza-dC on FHIT gene expression in hepatocellular carcinoma cell line HepG2]Hong Li Li
Medicine Research Experiment Center of Science Research, Weifang Medical College, Weifang, Shandong, 261042, PR China
Ai Zheng 28:967-71. 2009b>FHIT gene methylation leads to down-regulation of its expression in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) cells...
- Alterations of FHIT gene and P16 gene in nickel transformed human bronchial epithelial cellsWei dong Ji
Institute for Chemical Carcinogenesis, Guangzhou Medical College, Guangzhou 510182, Guangdong, China
Biomed Environ Sci 19:277-84. 2006To study the alterations of FHIT gene and P16 gene in malignant transformed human bronchial epithelial cells induced by crystalline nickel sulfide using an immortal human bronchial epithelial cell line, and to explore the molecular ..
- Fragile histidine triad (FHIT) gene is overexpressed in colorectal cancerP M Wierzbicki
Department of Histology, Medical University of Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 60:63-70. 2009FHIT gene, mapped at FRA3B site, encodes human diadenosine triphosphate hydrolase involved in the regulation of cell cycle and nucleotide metabolism...
- Aberrant FHIT protein expression in classical Hodgkin's lymphoma: a potential markerPo Zhao
Department of Pathology, General Hospital of Chinese People s Liberation Army, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Pathology 38:399-402. 2006The fragile histidine triad (FHIT) gene is frequently inactivated in human cancers; however, the FHIT gene remains unexplored in Hodgkin's lymphoma...
- Analysis of FHIT allelic imbalance/loss of heterozygosity and FHIT expression in cutaneous squamous cell carcinomasSarah E Gray
Pathology Department, Molecular Oncology Laboratory, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland
J Cutan Pathol 35:816-25. 2008Aberrations of the tumor suppressor gene, the fragile histidine triad gene (FHIT), have been reported in a wide variety of human cancers including cervical carcinoma, oral squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) and oesophageal SCC...
- Decreased fragile histidine triad gene messenger RNA expression in lung cancerHidefumi Sasaki
Department of Surgery II, Nagoya City University Medical School, Nagoya, Japan
Clin Lung Cancer 7:412-6. 2006The fragile histidine triad (FHIT) gene is located at 3p14.2, a region frequently lost in various tumor types. Lack of FHIT expression has been found to occur frequently in multiple tumor types including lung cancer...
- Inverse correlation of aberrant expression of fragile histidine triad (FHIT) protein with cyclin D1 protein and prognosis in Chinese patients with cholangiocarcinomaPo Zhao
Department of Pathology, Chinese People s Liberation Army PLA General Hospital, Beijing, China
Acta Oncol 47:1557-63. 2008This is the first study to explore the relationship between the expression of fragile histidine triad, FHIT and cyclin D1 proteins, and the clinicopathological significance of the two proteins in Chinese patients with cholangiocarcinoma.
- Cell-type-specific replication initiation programs set fragility of the FRA3B fragile siteAnne Letessier
Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris, France
Nature 470:120-3. 2011..Here we show, in contrast to this view, that the fragility of FRA3B--the most active common fragile site in human lymphocytes--does not rely on fork slowing or stalling but on a ..
- A possible involvement of aberrant expression of the FHIT gene in the carcinogenesis of squamous cell carcinoma of the uterine cervixS Nakagawa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Br J Cancer 79:589-94. 1999To investigate involvement of an aberrant expression of the FHIT (fragile histidine triad) gene in the process of carcinogenesis and progression in cervical carcinoma, we examined its expression by the reverse transcriptase polymerase ..
- Aberrations in the fragile histidine triad (FHIT) gene in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisK Uematsu
The Fourth Department of Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo 113 8603, Japan
Cancer Res 61:8527-33. 2001..from microdissected tissues; fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH) analysis of the fragile histidine triad (FHIT) gene and immunohistochemical analysis of Fhit protein expression in samples of metaplasias and bronchiolar ..
- Clinicopathological significance of fragile histidine triad transcription protein expression in breast carcinomaQ Yang
Department of General Surgery, Affiliated Kihoku Hospital, Wakayama Medical University, 649 7113 Katuragi cho, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 7:3869-73. 2001The fragile histidine triad (Fhit) gene, which is frequently lost in many cancers, was identified as a candidate tumor suppressor gene at chromosome 3p locus 14.2...
- Decreased FHIT protein expression correlates with a worse prognosis in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphomaPo Min Chen
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, No 201 Shih Pai Road, Section 2, Taipei 112, Taiwan, R O C
Oncol Rep 11:349-56. 2004This study was conducted to evaluate the expression of the presumptive tumor suppressor gene, FHIT (fragile histidine triad) and its clinical significance in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL)...
- Fhit protein expression in endometrial cancers: no correlation with histological gradeP Hadaczek
Department of Genetics and Pathology, Pomeranian Academy of Medicine, Szczecin
Pol J Pathol 52:199-203. 2001The genes specifically involved in endometrial cancers have not yet been discovered. The FHIT gene, a tumour suppressor located at 3p14.2, is altered in many human tumours, including those derived from the female genital tract...
- [Effects of ectogenous FHIT gene on reversing malignant phenotype of human lung adenocarcinoma cells A549]Yun Wang
Department of Thoraco Cardiac Surgery, West China Hospital, Basic Medical College, Cancer Institute, West China Hospital Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, 610041 P R China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 19:225-9. 2002To explore the role of fragile histidine triad(FHIT) gene in the proliferation, apoptosis and tumorigenesis of human lung cancer cells.
- Loss of Fhit expression as a potential marker of malignant progression in preinvasive squamous cervical cancerDavid Butler
Department of Pathology, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Education and Research Centre, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9, Ireland
Gynecol Oncol 86:144-9. 2002..the same cases of squamous cervical neoplasia and microinvasive carcinoma (MICA) we found an association between FHIT gene deletion and infection with high-risk HPV (HR HPV)...
- Allele loss and promoter hypermethylation of VHL, RAR-beta, RASSF1A, and FHIT tumor suppressor genes on chromosome 3p in esophageal squamous cell carcinomaTamotsu Kuroki
Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Cancer Res 63:3724-8. 2003..retinoic acid receptor beta (RAR-beta), RAS association domain family 1A (RASSF1A), and fragile histidine triad (FHIT) genes in 22 esophageal squamous cell carcinoma cell lines and 47 primary tumors and corresponding noncancerous ..
- Deletion of the FHIT gene in human colorectal cancer is independent of high-risk HPV infectionHong Gang Yu
Department of Gastroentrerology, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, 430060 Wuhan, China
Int J Colorectal Dis 17:396-401. 2002The fragile histidine triad (FHIT) gene, which is frequently lost in many cancers, has been identified as a candidate tumor suppressor gene at chromosome 3p locus 14.2...
- No relationship is indicated between FHIT expression and clinicopathologic prognostic parameters in early stage cervical carcinomaC Baykal
SSK Ankara Maternity Hospital Gynecologic Oncology Clinic, Turkey
Int J Gynecol Cancer 13:192-6. 2003In this study we investigated FHIT (Fragile Histidine Triad) protein alterations in cervical carcinomas to assess the relation of this gene with cervical cancer...
- Abnormal FHIT gene transcript and c-myc and c-erbB2 amplification in breast cancerRenata Kowara
Department of Molecular Medicine, Medical University of Gdansk, Poland
Acta Biochim Pol 49:341-50. 2002..for ways to improve the characterization of breast cancer we examined the relationship between the status of the FHIT gene transcript and amplification of c-myc and the c-erbB2 oncogene...
- Loss of fragile histidine triad expression in colorectal carcinomaPo Zhao
Department of Pathology, Chinese General Hospital of the People s Liberation Army, Beijing 100853, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 31:124-7. 2002To investigate the expression of fragile histidine triad (FHIT) gene protein, FHIT and the possible relationship between FHIT expression and clinicopathological indices in colorectal carcinoma.
- EFFECTS OF BENZO[A]PYRENE IN TRANSGENIC MODEL OF CERVICAELLEN RORKE; Fiscal Year: 2002..E6 and E7, that are required for cell immortalization, E6 causes degradation of the cell cycle checkpoint/tumor suppressor protein, p53...
- Human Neurotropic JC Virus and CNS DiseasesKamel Khalili; Fiscal Year: 2006..lytic cycle and possesses the ability to interact with several important cellular proteins including the tumor suppressor protein, p53, pointing to the oncogenic potential of this virus...
- Inducible Dysplastic Nephropathy in B2-Deficient MiceSamir S El Dahr; Fiscal Year: 2010..A physiological cross-talk operates between the tumor suppressor protein, p53, and the BdkrB2 during renal organogenesis...
- DEPENDENCE OF P53 ON THIOL MAINTENANCE PROTEINSGary Merrill; Fiscal Year: 2001Stimulation of transcription by the human tumor suppressor protein p53 is compromised in yeast lacking the enzyme thioredoxin reductase (Trr1). The result suggests that p53 is prone to oxidative inactivation...
- Mechanism of Renal Cell Injury in DiabetesGoutam Ghosh Choudhury; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have shown recently that high glucose- as well as TGF-induced downregulation of tumor suppressor protein PTEN (phosphatase and tensin homolog deleted on chromosome ten) contributes to renal cell hypetrophy and ..
- Alteration of Rb in HTLV-1 transformed cellsFatah Kashanchi; Fiscal Year: 2005..A significant regulator of the G1 restriction point in eukaryotic cells is the tumor suppressor protein retinoblastoma (Rb)...
- EXPRESSION OF MATRIX METALLOPROTEINASE AND P53Yubo Sun; Fiscal Year: 2004..My specific research interest is to study the role of tumor suppressor protein and proto-oncogene proteins in the regulation of gene expression of MMPs and TIMPs and in the regulation ..
- 12th International p53 WorkshopCarol Prives; Fiscal Year: 2006The p53 tumor suppressor protein plays pivotal roles in tumor suppression and its gene is the most frequently mutated in human cancers...
- Tip60 in p38 and PRAK Mediated Oncogene-Induced Senescence and Tumor SuppressionPeiqing Sun; Fiscal Year: 2010..ras-induced senescence and tumor suppression both in vitro and in vivo, and that PRAK is likely to be a tumor suppressor protein. Our preliminary data reveal that PRAK directly interacts with a multifunctional histone ..
- Exercise Regulation of Glucose Metabolism in Skeletal MuscleLAURIE GOODYEAR; Fiscal Year: 2009..The tumor suppressor protein LKB1 has recently been identified as an upstream kinase for AMPK and 12 other AMPK-related proteins...
- Study of a FACTp140-SSRP1-associated p53 KinaseHua Lu; Fiscal Year: 2006..this proposal is to understand the molecular and biochemical basis underlying the regulation of the p53 tumor suppressor protein in mammalian systems...
- Exercise Regulation of Glucose Metabolism in Skeletal MuscleLaurie J Goodyear; Fiscal Year: 2010..The tumor suppressor protein LKB1 has recently been identified as an upstream kinase for AMPK and 12 other AMPK-related proteins...
- Biology of the Myb-MuvB Oncoprotein-Tumor Suppressor Protein ComplexJOSEPH STEVEN LIPSICK; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Molecular Basis of AneuploidyDebananda Pati; Fiscal Year: 2009..While tumor suppressor protein p53 and steroid hormones such as androgens have long been implicated in the development of osteosarcoma ..
- MECHANISMS OF ENZYMATIC REACTIONSPERRY FREY; Fiscal Year: 2002..uridlyltransferase (Ga1T), galactokinase (Ga1K), dTDP-glucose 4,6-dehydratase (dehydratase) and human Fhit, a putative tumor suppressor...
- Structure-Function of Protein DeacetylasesRonen Marmorstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..to HDACs have more recently been shown to deacetylate non-histone protein targets in vivo such as the p53 tumor suppressor protein for DNA repair regulation and alpha-tubulin for maintenance of cell integrity, suggesting that these ..
- FUNCTIONAL AND STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS OF HIT PROTEINSCharles Brenner; Fiscal Year: 2006..The Fhit branch of the HIT superfamily contains enzymes that hydrolyze diadenosine polyphosphates (ApnA)...
- p38 MAPK in Ras-induced Senescence and TransformationPeiqing Sun; Fiscal Year: 2010..senescence operates in vivo to suppress cancer development in murine models, and that PRAK is a tumor suppressor protein that is inactivated in certain types of human cancer...
- Characterization of WWOX, the Cancer Gene Spanning FRA16DCLAUDIO MARCELO ALDAZ; Fiscal Year: 2010..We identified that the WWOX tumor suppressor protein physically interacts with and represses RUNX2 transcriptional activity...
- PROPERTIES AND REGULATION OF P53 IN TUMOR CELLSCarol Prives; Fiscal Year: 2010The p53 tumor suppressor protein is likely the most well studied mammalian transcription factor...
- ANTIAPOPTOTIC MECHANISMS IN PROSTATE CANCERALBERT BALDWIN; Fiscal Year: 2002..CWR22R tumors displayed elevated Bcl-2 and c-Myc proteins as well as cytoplasmic localization of the tumor suppressor protein p53...
- FOXO1 Inhibition in Genotoxic Stress Response and Prostate Cancer SurvivalHaojie Huang; Fiscal Year: 2010..of the forkhead transcription factor FOXO1 induces apoptosis in PCa cells, suggesting that FOXO1 is a tumor suppressor protein. This notion is further supported by recent findings from our laboratory, as well as our colleagues',..
- Chemical Modulators for p53 Functions in Transcriptional RegulationSYED S MUJTABA; Fiscal Year: 2010The most essential human tumor suppressor protein p53 is mutated in more than 50% of the human cancers...