Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FHIT
Description: fragile histidine triad
Alias: AP3Aase, FRA3B, AP3A hydrolase, bis(5'-adenosyl)-triphosphatase, diadenosine 5',5'''-P1,P3-triphosphate hydrolase, dinucleosidetriphosphatase, tumor suppressor protein
Publications179 found, 100 shown here
- The FHIT gene, spanning the chromosome 3p14.2 fragile site and renal carcinoma-associated t(3;8) breakpoint, is abnormal in digestive tract cancersM Ohta
Kimmel Cancer Center, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Cell 84:587-97. 1996A 200-300 kb region of chromosome 3p14.2, including the fragile site locus FRA3B, is homozygously deleted in multiple tumor-derived cell lines...
- Pathology and biology associated with the fragile FHIT gene and gene productJoshua C Saldivar
Integrated Biomedical Science Graduate Program, Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, Ohio, USA
J Cell Biochem 109:858-65. 2010..scientific publications after the discovery of the first gene at a chromosome fragile site, the FHIT gene at FRA3B, there are still questions to pursue concerning the selective advantage conferred to cells by loss of expression ..
- Correlation of fragile histidine triad (Fhit) protein structural features with effector interactions and biological functionsFlavia Pichiorri
Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, Ohio State University and Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 284:1040-9. 2009We have previously shown that Fhit tumor suppressor protein interacts with Hsp60 chaperone machinery and ferredoxin reductase (Fdxr) protein...
- Identification of novel candidate genes for type 2 diabetes from a genome-wide association scan in the Old Order Amish: evidence for replication from diabetes-related quantitative traits and from independent populationsEvadnie Rampersaud
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Nutrition, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 660 West Redwood St, Room 494, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Diabetes 56:3053-62. 2007..We sought to identify type 2 diabetes susceptibility genes through a genome-wide association scan (GWAS) in the Amish...
- FRA3B and other common fragile sites: the weakest linksK Huebner
Kimmel Cancer Center, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 1:214-21. 2001..The product of the fragile histidine triad (FHIT) gene, which encompasses this fragile site, is partially or entirely lost in most human cancers, indicating that it ..
- The apoptotic pathway triggered by the Fhit protein in lung cancer cell lines is not affected by Bcl-2 or Bcl-x(L) overexpressionLuca Roz
Department of Experimental Oncology, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Via Venezian 1, Milan 20133, Italy
Oncogene 23:9102-10. 2004The expression of the tumour suppressor protein fragile histidine triad (Fhit) is often impaired in many human cancers and its restoration in Fhit-negative cancer cell lines suppresses tumorigenicity and induces apoptosis...
- Loss of FHIT protein expression is a marker of adverse evolution in good prognosis localized breast cancerChristophe Ginestier
Département d Oncologie Moléculaire, Institut Paoli Calmettes and U119 Inserm, IFR57, Marseille, France
Int J Cancer 107:854-62. 2003The FHIT tumor suppressor gene, which encompasses the fragile site FRA3B at 3p14.2, is altered frequently in many types of human cancers...
- Contig array CGH at 3p14.2 points to the FRA3B/FHIT common fragile region as the target gene in diffuse large B-cell lymphomaYoshihiro Kameoka
Division of Molecular Medicine, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, Aichi, Japan
Oncogene 23:9148-54. 2004..All of the deleted regions were located within the fragile histidine triad (FHIT) gene, and the most frequent region of loss was mapped to 0...
- Identification of unstable sequences within the common fragile site at 3p14.2: implications for the mechanism of deletions within fragile histidine triad gene/common fragile site at 3p14.2 in tumorsShantel Corbin
Section of Hematology Oncology, and the Cancer Research Center, The University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Cancer Res 62:3477-84. 2002The FRA3B, at 3p14.2, lies within the fragile histidine triad (FHIT) gene and is the most highly expressed of the common fragile sites observed when DNA replication is perturbed by aphidicolin...
- Direct cloning of DNA sequences from the common fragile site region at chromosome band 3p14.2F V Rassool
Section of HematologysolidusOncology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, 60637, USA
Genomics 35:109-17. 1996..2, a common fragile site (FRA3B)...
- Down-regulation of fragile histidine triad expression in prostate carcinomaRebecca L Fouts
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Cancer 97:1447-52. 2003..The gene encompasses the common human chromosomal fragile site, the FRA3B locus at chromosome 3p14.2, and is expressed in most normal adult tissues and tumor cell lines...
- Evidence that instability within the FRA3B region extends four megabasesNicole A Becker
Department of Experimental Pathology, Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota, MN 55905, USA
Oncogene 21:8713-22. 2002b>FRA3B is the most frequently expressed common fragile site localized within human chromosomal band 3p14.2, which is frequently deleted in many different cancers, including cervical cancer...
- Molecular analysis of the FHIT gene in human prostate cancerA Latil
Laboratoire d oncogénétique, Centre Rene Huguenin, St Cloud, France
Oncogene 16:1863-8. 1998A variety of studies suggest that the FHIT gene, which encompasses the fragile site at 3p14.2, is a candidate tumor suppressor gene in several forms of human cancer...
- Association between germline variation in the FHIT gene and prostate cancer in Caucasians and African AmericansAlbert M Levin
Departments of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:1294-7. 2007..Encompassing the most active fragile site in the human genome, FRA3B, FHIT has become the model fragile site-associated tumor suppressor gene...
- Synergistic tumor suppression by coexpression of FHIT and p53 coincides with FHIT-mediated MDM2 inactivation and p53 stabilization in human non-small cell lung cancer cellsMasahiko Nishizaki
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 64:5745-52. 2004Aberrations of the tumor suppressor genes FHIT and p53 are frequently associated with a wide range of human cancers, including lung cancer...
- Association of FHIT (fragile histidine triad), a candidate tumour suppressor gene, with the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme hUBC9Y Shi
Department of Biological and Medical Research MBC 03, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, P O Box 3354, Riyadh 11211, Saudi Arabia
Biochem J 352:443-8. 2000b>FHIT (fragile histidine triad), a candidate tumour suppressor gene, has recently been identified at chromosomal region 3p14.2, and deletions of the gene have been reported in many types of human cancer...
- Reduced Fhit expression is associated with mismatch repair deficiency in human advanced colorectal carcinomaH Andachi
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago 683 8504, Japan
Br J Cancer 87:441-5. 2002The Fragile Histidine Triad gene, encompassing the FRA3B fragile site at chromosome 3p14.2, is a candidate tumour suppressor gene involved in multiple tumour types including colorectal carcinomas...
- Genetic analysis of lung tumours of non-smoking subjects: p53 gene mutations are constantly associated with loss of heterozygosity at the FHIT locusA Marchetti
Department of Oncology, University of Pisa, Italy
Br J Cancer 78:73-8. 1998..We have examined the status of p53 and K-ras genes and the presence of loss of heterozygosity (LOH) at the FHIT locus in a series of 35 lung adenocarcinomas that developed in subjects who had never smoked...
- Use of monoclonal antibodies in the functional characterization of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae Sep1 proteinA Holler
Institute of General Microbiology, University of Bern, Switzerland
Eur J Biochem 231:329-36. 1995..The implications of these data for the interpretation of proteins which promote homologous pairing of DNA are discussed, in particular in light of the reannealing activity of the p53 human tumor-suppressor protein...
- Cancer prevention and therapy in a preclinical mouse model: impact of FHIT virusesHideshi Ishii
Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Curr Gene Ther 4:53-63. 2004..identified by positional cloning of the chromosome region spanning the carcinogen-sensitive, common fragile site, FRA3B at 3p14.2...
- p53 tumor suppressor protein and H-RAS oncogene in maxillofacial tumors: immunohistochemical and genetic investigation, induction chemotherapy response and prognosis evaluationT Cutilli
Maxillofacial Institute Surgical Department, University of L Aquila, Italy
J Chemother 10:411-7. 1998The authors carried out immunohistochemical and genetic research on the tumor suppressor protein p53 and H-RAS oncogene in oromaxillofacial neoplasms...
- High-risk human papillomavirus, tumor suppressor protein p53 and mitomycin-C in invasive squamous cell carcinoma cervixS Rajaram
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi 110 095, India
Indian J Cancer 43:156-62. 2006..Clinical data relating to human papillomavirus (HPV) infection and p53 status in cervical cancer has been sparse and confusing...
- Common fragile sites, extremely large genes, neural development and cancerDavid I Smith
Co head of the Ovarian Cancer Program, Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Division of Experimental Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Cancer Lett 232:48-57. 2006..The first CFS to be cloned and characterized was FRA3B, the most active CFS in the human genome. Instability within this region extends for over 4...
- Structure of the Wilms tumor suppressor protein zinc finger domain bound to DNARaphael Stoll
Department of Molecular Biology and Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Mol Biol 372:1227-45. 2007The zinc finger domain of the Wilms tumor suppressor protein (WT1) contains four canonical Cys(2)His(2) zinc fingers. WT1 binds preferentially to DNA sequences that are closely related to the EGR-1 consensus site...
- RNA interference-mediated silencing of the p53 tumor-suppressor protein drastically increases apoptosis after inhibition of endogenous fatty acid metabolism in breast cancer cellsJavier A Menendez
Department of Medicine, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare Research Institute, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Int J Mol Med 15:33-40. 2005....
- Study of FHIT and WWOX expression in mucoepidermoid carcinoma and adenoid cystic carcinoma of salivary glandNazmiye Dincer
Hacettepe University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Ankara, Turkey
Oral Oncol 46:195-9. 2010..FHIT and WWOX are tumor suppressor genes that encompass the FRA3B and FRA16D fragile sites at chromosomes 3p14.2 and 16q23.3, respectively...
- Molecular analysis of the fragile histidine triad (FHIT) tumor suppressor gene in vesical tumors of cattle with chronic enzootic hematuria (CEH)E Guidi
Department of Genetics and Microbiology A Buzzati Traverso, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Cytogenet Genome Res 120:173-7. 2008..gene is a tumor suppressor gene known to be inactivated in many tumors including bladder tumors and is spanning FRA3B, a very active common fragile site in the human genome...
- Hepatitis C virus core protein inhibits tumor suppressor protein promyelocytic leukemia function in human hepatoma cellsKerstin Herzer
I Medical Department, , Mainz, Germany
Cancer Res 65:10830-7. 2005b>Tumor suppressor protein promyelocytic leukemia (PML) is implicated in apoptosis regulation and antiviral response...
- Protein phosphatase type 1-dependent dephosphorylation of the retinoblastoma tumor suppressor protein in ultraviolet-irradiated human skin and keratinocytesM J Edwards
University of Wales Institute Cardiff, School of Applied Sciences, Llandaff Campus, Western Avenue, Cardiff, U K
J Invest Dermatol 115:88-94. 2000..serine/threonine phosphatase in the ultraviolet radiation-induced dephosphorylation of retinoblastoma tumor suppressor protein in human skin and cultured keratinocytes...
- FHIT (fragile histidine triad) gene analysis in cervical intraepithelial neoplasiaF S Liu
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Gynecol Oncol 82:283-90. 2001Recently a candidate tumor suppressor gene, FHIT (fragile histidine triad), was identified at chromosome 3p14.2. Abnormality of this gene has been observed in a variety of human tumors...
- Loss of FHIT expression in transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladderR Baffa
Department of Urology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Pathol 156:419-24. 2000..We recently cloned the tumor suppressor gene FHIT (fragile histidine triad) at 3p14...
- High-affinity binding of tumor-suppressor protein p53 and HMGB1 to hemicatenated DNA loopsMichal Stros
Laboratory of Analysis of Chromosomal Proteins, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Institute of Biophysics, 612 65 Brno, Czech Republic
Biochemistry 43:7215-25. 2004..Only the full-length p53 can form stable ternary complexes with hcDNA and HMGB1. The possible biological relevance of p53 and HMGB1 binding to hemicatenanes is discussed...
- Analysis of the tumour suppressor genes, FHIT and WT-1, and the tumour rejection genes, BAGE, GAGE-1/2, HAGE, MAGE-1, and MAGE-3, in benign and malignant neoplasms of the salivary glandsH Nagel
Department of Cytopathology, Georg August University of Gottingen, Robert Koch Straszligbeta e 40, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Mol Pathol 56:226-31. 2003..This study aimed to analyse the expression of putative tumour suppressor genes, FHIT and WT-1, and tumour rejection genes, BAGE, GAGE-1/2, MAGE-1, MAGE-3, and HAGE (which are reported to be important ..
- An FHIT tumor suppressor gene?M M Le Beau
Section of Hematology Oncology, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 21:281-9. 1998The FRA3B at 3p14.2 is the most common of the constitutive aphidicolin-inducible fragile sites. Using independent approaches, four groups of investigators have cloned and characterized this fragile site...
- Expression of Fhit, cell adhesion molecules and matrix metalloproteinases in atypical adenomatous hyperplasia and pulmonary adenocarcinomaKeith M Kerr
Department of Pathology, Aberdeen University Medical School, Aberdeen, UK
J Pathol 203:638-44. 2004..We examined the expression of the putative tumour suppressor gene product Fhit, cell adhesion molecules CD44v6, E-cadherin and beta-catenin, and matrix metalloproteinase 2 and its inhibitor, ..
- Alterations of the Fhit gene in hepatocellular carcinomas induced by N-nitrosodiethylamine in ratsToshifumi Tsujiuchi
Department of Oncological Pathology, Cancer Center, Nara Medical University, Kashihara, Nara, Japan
Mol Carcinog 34:19-24. 2002The present study was conducted to assess whether Fhit gene alterations are a feature of hepatocellular carcinomas (HCCs) induced by N-nitrosodiethylamine (DEN) in male Fischer 344 rats...
- Alterations of the fragile histidine triad gene in hepatitis C virus-associated hepatocellular carcinomaAbdel Rahman N Zekri
Virology and Immunology Unit, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:87-94. 2005..to address whether homozygous deletion (HZD) or transcriptional alterations of the fragile histidine triad (FHIT) gene play a role in the development and progression of hepatitis C virus-associated hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
- [Expression of nuclear factor-kappa-B/P65 and fragile histidine triad in colorectal carcinoma and clinical significance thereof]Yang Lu
Department of Pathology, General Hospital of Chinese People s Liberation Army, Beijing 100853, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 88:610-4. 2008To investigate the expression of nuclear factor-kappa-B (NF-KB)/P65 and fragile histidine triad (FHIT) in colorectal carcinoma and clinical significance thereof.
- Loss of FHIT expression in breast cancer is correlated with poor prognostic markersBanu Arun
Division of Hematology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard 424, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:1681-5. 2005The fragile histidine triad (FHIT) gene is a putative tumor suppressor gene that is thought to be involved in the carcinogenesis of breast cancer...
- Allelic imbalance and abnormal expression of FHIT in endemic nasopharyngeal carcinoma: association with clinicopathological featuresYan Fei Deng
Department of Otolaryngology, Zhongshan Hospital, Xiamen University, 209 Hubin South Road, Xiamen, Fujian, 361004, People s Republic of China
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 267:1933-41. 2010The FHIT gene is involved in the pathogenesis of many cancers...
- Protein expression profiling identifies cyclophilin A as a molecular target in Fhit-mediated tumor suppressionShuho Semba
Comprehensive Cancer Center and Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology, and Medical Genetics, Ohio State University, Room 455C, Wiseman Hall, 410 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, 43210, USA
Mol Cancer Res 4:529-38. 2006Loss of fragile histidine triad (Fhit) expression is often associated with human malignancies, and Fhit functions as a tumor suppressor in controlling cell growth and apoptosis, although specific signal pathways are still undefined...
- Genetic deletions in sputum as diagnostic markers for early detection of stage I non-small cell lung cancerRuiYun Li
Department of Surgery, The University of Maryland School of Medicine, 10 South Pine Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:482-7. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine whether the genetic changes can be used as markers in sputum specimen for the early detection of lung cancer...
- Comparative genomic mapping of the bovine Fragile Histidine Triad (FHIT) tumour suppressor gene: characterization of a 2 Mb BAC contig covering the locus, complete annotation of the gene, analysis of cDNA and of physiological expression profilesCristina Uboldi
Department of Genetics and Microbiology A, Buzzati Traverso, University of Pavia, Italy
BMC Genomics 7:123. 2006..FHIT is frequently hit by deletions caused by fragility at FRA3B, the most active of human common fragile sites, where FHIT lays...
- [Abnormal expression of fragile histidine triad (FHIT) and Mut S homolog 2 (MSH2) proteins in human sporadic colorectal carcinoma and their clinical significance]Cheng Cai Yao
Department of Oncology, Zhongnan Hospital, Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei, 430071, PR China
Ai Zheng 23:310-6. 2004Frequent loss of fragile histidine triad (FHIT) expression in human gastrointestinal tract carcinomas has been reported; however, there were divergent opinions regarding FHIT expression in colorectal carcinoma...
- Abnormalities of fragile histidine triad genomic and complementary DNAs in cervical cancer: association with human papillomavirus typeC Y Muller
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hamon Center for Therapeutic Oncology Research, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 9032, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 90:433-9. 1998Chromosome 3p14.2 contains FRA3B, the most active chromosome breakage site in the human genome. The fragile histidine triad (FHIT) gene, a putative tumor suppressor gene, overlaps FRA3B...
- Crystal structure of the worm NitFhit Rosetta Stone protein reveals a Nit tetramer binding two Fhit dimersH C Pace
Structural Biology and Bioinformatics Program, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Curr Biol 10:907-17. 2000The nucleotide-binding protein Fhit, among the earliest and most frequently inactivated proteins in lung cancer, suppresses tumor formation by inducing apoptosis...
- Direct interaction of the beta-domain of VHL tumor suppressor protein with the regulatory domain of atypical PKC isotypesH Okuda
Department of Urology, Kochi Medical School, Kochi, 783 8505, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 263:491-7. 1999VHL tumor suppressor protein contains two domains, alpha and beta. The alpha-domain is involved in the formation of a large protein complex suggested to be involved in ubiquitin-mediated protein degradation...
- Lung cancer susceptibility in Fhit-deficient mice is increased by Vhl haploinsufficiencyNicola Zanesi
Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Cancer Res 65:6576-82. 2005The FHIT gene plays important roles in cancer development, including lung cancers, in which the Fhit protein is frequently lost...
- Aberrations of the FHIT gene and Fhit protein in canine lymphoma cell linesHiroko Hiraoka
Laboratory of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Faculty of Agriculture, Yamaguchi University, Yamaguchi, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 71:769-77. 2009The fragile histidine triad (FHIT) gene is a tumor-associated gene, and aberrant FHIT gene and protein expression have been described in many types of human tumors...
- Multiple regions with allelic loss at chromosome 3 in superficial multifocal bladder tumorsJ Louhelainen
ICRF Cancer Medicine Research Unit, Cancer Research Building, St James s University Hospital, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
Int J Oncol 18:203-10. 2001..The majority (4/5) of the patients had LOH at or close to the fragile histidine triad (FHIT) gene (3p14.2; D3S1300), which is a candidate tumor suppressor gene for many cancer types...
- The FHIT gene in oral squamous cell carcinoma: allelic imbalance is frequent but cDNA aberrations are uncommonS Pateromichelakis
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Molecular Oncology, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Dentistry, Caldecot Road, London, UK
Oral Oncol 36:180-8. 2000The FHIT (fragile histidine triad) gene at chromosome 3p14.2 spans the FRA3B fragile site and encodes for a diadenosine triphosphate hydrolase-type protein...
- Hsp90 chaperones wild-type p53 tumor suppressor proteinDawid Walerych
International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 02 109 Warsaw, Poland
J Biol Chem 279:48836-45. 2004..used to investigate the putative interactions of the Hsp90 molecular chaperone with the wild-type p53 tumor suppressor protein. We show that geldanamycin or radicicol, specific inhibitors of Hsp90, diminish specific wild-type p53 ..
- A novel approach to simultaneously scan genes at fragile sitesPascale Willem
Department of Hematology and Molecular Medicine University of the Witwatersrand and the National Health Laboratory Services, Wits Medical School, 8 York road, 2193 Parktown, South Africa
BMC Cancer 6:205. 2006..The two most commonly expressed fragile sites FRA3B and FRA16D host the histidine triad (FHIT) and WW domain containing oxidoreductase (WWOX) genes respectively...
- Influence of FHIT on benzo[a]pyrene-induced tumors and alopecia in mice: chemoprevention by budesonide and N-acetylcysteineRoumen Balansky
Department of Health Sciences, University of Genoa, Via A Pastore 1, I 16132 Genoa, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:7823-8. 2006The FHIT gene has many hallmarks of a tumor-suppressor gene and is involved in a large variety of cancers...
- Structural and biosensor analyses of a synthetic biotinylated peptide probe for the isolation of adenomatous polyposis coli tumor suppressor protein complexesJ D Wade
Howard Florey Institute, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Pept Res 58:204-12. 2001..tumors stem from mutations in the gene coding for the production of the adenomatous polyposis coli (APC) tumor suppressor protein. This protein contains a coiled-coil N-terminal domain that is known to be responsible for ..
- FHIT mRNA expression in thymomaH Sasaki
Department of Surgery II, Nagoya City University Medical School, Nagoya, Japan
Eur J Surg Oncol 29:904-7. 2003The FHIT gene is located at 3p14.2 a region frequently lost in multiple tumour types. Loss of FHIT expression has been found to occur frequently in multiple tumour types...
- Adenosine monophosphoramidase activity of Hint and Hnt1 supports function of Kin28, Ccl1, and Tfb3Pawel Bieganowski
Structural Biology and Bioinformatics Program, Kimmel Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Biol Chem 277:10852-60. 2002..hydrolases and nucleotide transferases consists of a branch of proteins related to Hint and Aprataxin, a branch of Fhit-related hydrolases, and a branch of galactose-1-phosphate uridylyltransferase (GalT)-related transferases...
- A hybrid machine learning-based method for classifying the Cushing's Syndrome with comorbid adrenocortical lesionsJack Y Yang
Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
BMC Genomics 9:S23. 2008..as hTERT, PCNA and Ki-67 can be considered as cancer markers, while another set of antigens such as P27KIP1 and FHIT are possible markers for normal tissue...
- DNA methylation and loss of protein expression in esophageal squamous cell carcinogenesis of high-risk areaX Q Guo
Department of Endoscopy, The 4th Affiliated Hospital, Hebei Medical University, China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 26:587-94. 2007..The purpose of this study was to investigate aberrant promoter methylation of the p16 and FHIT genes in tissues and plasma and loss of protein expression in esophageal precancerous conditions (EPC) and ..
- Impaired replication dynamics at the FRA3B common fragile siteAparna Palakodeti
Department of Medicine, Section of Hematology Oncology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Hum Mol Genet 19:99-110. 2010..replication stress, we examined replication dynamics within a 50 kb region of the most frequently expressed CFS, FRA3B. We mapped four origins of replication, ori 1-4, using two independent methods...
- p53 and FHIT mutations and microsatellite alterations in malignancy-associated pleural effusionJin Hwa Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical Research Center, Ewha Womans University Mokdong Hospital, 911 1 Mokdong Yangcheon gu, Seoul 158 710, South Korea
Lung Cancer 44:33-42. 2004..whether the genetic analysis of pleural fluid can be used to diagnose malignant effusion, we investigated p53 and FHIT mutations and microsatellite alterations (MA) in the pleural fluid of 40 patients with pleural effusion associated ..
- FHIT and p53 gene abnormalities in bronchioloalveolar carcinomas. Correlations with clinicopathological data and K-ras mutationsA Marchetti
Department of Oncology, University of Pisa, Italy
J Pathol 184:240-6. 1998..of 51 BACs, previously investigated for K-ras gene mutations, has evaluated the status of two other genes, p53 and FHIT, known to be frequently altered in non-small cell lung cancer...
- Chromosomal fragile sites FRA3B and FRA16D show correlated expression and association with failure of apoptosis in lymphocytes from patients with thyroid cancerIsabella Sbrana
Department of Human and Environmental Sciences, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 45:429-36. 2006..This appears to be the case for FRA3B and FRA16D, localized in two tumor-suppressor genes (FHIT and WWOX, respectively) that are altered by deletions or ..
- The murine Fhit gene is highly similar to its human orthologue and maps to a common fragile site regionT W Glover
Department of Pediatrics and Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Cancer Res 58:3409-14. 1998..exhibits both genomic deletions and aberrant transcripts in a variety of tumors and spans the common fragile site FRA3B. This fragile site extends over a broad region of several hundred kb within the FHIT gene and may account for its ..
- Aberrant transcripts of the FHIT gene are expressed in normal and leukaemic haemopoietic cellsM Carapeti
Department of Haematology, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Br J Cancer 78:601-5. 1998Deletions and apparent transcriptional abnormalities of the FHIT gene at 3p14.2 have recently been reported in a wide variety of solid tumours...
- Molecular characterization of FRAXB and comparative common fragile site instability in cancer cellsMartin F Arlt
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0618, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 33:82-92. 2002The common fragile site, FRA3B, has been shown to be a site of frequent homozygous deletions in some cancers, resulting in loss of expression of the associated FHIT gene...
- Sequence conservation at human and mouse orthologous common fragile regions, FRA3B/FHIT and Fra14A2/FhitT Shiraishi
Kimmel Cancer Center, Jefferson Medical College, 233 South 10th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:5722-7. 2001..This study describes a comparison of orthologous fragile regions, the human FRA3B/FHIT and the murine Fra14A2/Fhit locus...
- The common fragile site FRA16D and its associated gene WWOX are highly conserved in the mouse at Fra8E1Kurt A Krummel
Division of Experimental Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 34:154-67. 2002..CFSs) have been cloned and characterized, including the two most frequently observed in the human population, FRA3B and FRA16D...
- Fragile histidine triad protein: structure, function, and its association with tumorogenesisMd Imtaiyaz Hassan
Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Basic Sciences, Jamia Millia Islamia, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi, 110025, India
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 136:333-50. 2010The human fragile histidine triad (FHIT) gene is a putative tumor suppressor gene, which is located at chromosome region 3p14.2...
- [Expression of fragile histidine triad (FHIT) protein and its significance in diagnosing classical Hodgkin lymphoma]Po Zhao
Department of Pathology, General Hospital of Chinese People s Liberation Army, Beijing 100853, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 35:289-91. 2006To study the expression of FHIT protein and its potential application in diagnosing classic Hodgkin lymphoma.
- The von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor proteinM Ivan
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Brigham and Womens Hospital, 44 Binney Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Curr Opin Genet Dev 11:27-34. 2001The von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor protein (pVHL) has been shown to bind directly to the alpha subunits of the heterodimeric transcription factor HIF (hypoxia inducible factor)...
- A Fhit-ing role in the DNA damage checkpoint responseHideshi Ishii
Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical University, Tochigi, Japan
Cell Cycle 6:1044-8. 2007..Finally, results of a recent study have suggested that the DNA damage-susceptible FRA3B/FHIT chromosome fragile region, paradoxically, encodes a protein, Fhit, that is necessary for protecting cells ..
- Potential gastrointestinal tumor suppressor locus at the 3p14.2 FRA3B site identified by homozygous deletions in tumor cell linesK Kastury
Jefferson Cancer Institute, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107 6799, USA
Cancer Res 56:978-83. 1996..2 break of the t(3;8) hereditary renal cell carcinoma chromosome translocation, within or near the 3p14.2 FRA3B, the most common human fragile site...
- Expression of common chromosomal fragile site genes, WWOX/FRA16D and FHIT/FRA3B is downregulated by exposure to environmental carcinogens, UV, and BPDE but not by IRElangovan Thavathiru
Department of Carcinogenesis, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Science Park Research Division, Smithville, Texas 78957, USA
Mol Carcinog 44:174-82. 2005..The two most common chromosomal fragile sites FRA16D and FRA3B which harbor WWOX and FHIT genes, respectively, are frequently altered in human cancers...
- In vitro inhibition of the enzymatic activity of tumor suppressor FHIT gene product by carcinogenic transition metalsRenata Kowara
Laboratory of Comparative Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Frederick, Maryland 21702 1201, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 15:319-25. 2002b>FHIT (Fragile Histidine Triad) is a human tumor suppressor gene. The Fhit protein is believed to inhibit tumor growth by inducing apoptosis through interaction with diadenosine triphosphate (Ap(3)A)...
- Roles of FHIT and WWOX fragile genes in cancerDimitrios Iliopoulos
Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Cancer Lett 232:27-36. 2006..Nevertheless, when the FHIT gene was discovered at FRA3B, the most active common chromosome fragile region, and proposed as an example of a tumor suppressor gene altered ..
- Reduced Fhit protein expression in nickel-transformed mouse cells and in nickel-induced murine sarcomasRenata Kowara
Laboratory of Comparative Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Mol Cell Biochem 255:195-202. 2004..b>FHIT is a tumor suppressor gene whose expression is frequently reduced or lost in tumors and pre-malignant lesions...
- HIV-TAT-fused FHIT protein functions as a potential pro-apoptotic molecule in hepatocellular carcinoma cellsGui rong Yu
State Key Laboratory of Cancer Biology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Fourth Military Medical University, 710032 Xi an, People s Republic of China
Biosci Rep 32:271-9. 2012Accumulating evidence has demonstrated that FHIT (fragile histidine triad) is a bona fide tumour suppressor gene in a large fraction of human tumours, including hepatocellular cancer...
- Genome-wide mapping for clinically relevant predictors of lamotrigine- and phenytoin-induced hypersensitivity reactionsMark McCormack
The Department of Molecular and Cellular Therapeutics, The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin 2, Ireland
Pharmacogenomics 13:399-405. 2012..We aimed to investigate HLA-A*3101 and other common variants across the genome as markers for cutaneous adverse drug reactions (cADRs) attributed to lamotrigine and phenytoin...
- Recurrent loss of the FHIT gene and its impact on lymphatic metastasis in early oral squamous cell carcinomaYoung Hoon Joo
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, College of Medicine, Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Acta Otolaryngol 133:992-9. 2013Our findings show that copy number loss of FHIT is associated with lymph node metastasis (LNM) and suggest that the down-regulation of Fhit indicates poor prognosis in early oral squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC)...
- Inactivation of both FHIT and p53 cooperate in deregulating proliferation-related pathways in lung cancerFrancesca Andriani
Tumor Genomics Unit, Department of Experimental Oncology and Molecular Medicine, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
J Thorac Oncol 7:631-42. 2012b>FHIT and p53 are the two most commonly altered tumor suppressor genes in lung cancer, and their molecular status regulates sensitivity to anticancer drugs...
- Genomic copy-number alterations of MYC and FHIT genes are associated with survival in esophageal squamous-cell carcinomaYutaka Miyawaki
Department of Molecular Cytogenetics, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Sci 103:1558-66. 2012..Among them, loss of 3p14.2 and gain of 8q24.21 for the FHIT and MYC genes, respectively, and the accumulation of those two CNA (higher FM-CNA scores) were significantly ..
- Molecular diagnosis and prognostic significance of lymph node micrometastasis in patients with histologically node-negative non-small cell lung cancerChun Hua Dai
Department of Medical Oncology, Affiliated Hospital of Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang, China
Tumour Biol 34:1245-53. 2013..Primary tumor samples from 62 patients with resected stage I-IIB NSCLC were screened for fragile histidine triad (FHIT) and CDKN2A mRNA deletion using reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR)...
- Genetic instability of the tumor suppressor gene FHIT in normal human cellsElisa Palumbo
Department of Biology, University of Padova, Via U Bassi 58 B, 35131 Padova, Italy
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 52:832-44. 2013..2) at FRA3B. Each sequence variation represents a unique pattern within a normal cell population, and therefore it would ..
- Cell-type-specific replication initiation programs set fragility of the FRA3B fragile siteAnne Letessier
Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris, France
Nature 470:120-3. 2011..Here we show, in contrast to this view, that the fragility of FRA3B--the most active common fragile site in human lymphocytes--does not rely on fork slowing or stalling but on a ..
- [Expressions of FHIT and PTEN and their significance in prostate cancer]Qin Xiao
Department of Pathology, Northern Jiangsu People s Hospital, Yangzhou, Jiangsu 225001, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 17:136-9. 2011To investigate the expressions of the FHIT and PTEN genes and their significance in prostate cancer.
- Absence or reduction of Fhit expression in most clear cell renal carcinomasP Hadaczek
Department of Genetics and Pathology, Pomeranian Medical Academy, Szczecin, Poland
Cancer Res 58:2946-51. 1998The FHIT gene at human chromosome region 3p14.2 straddles the common fragile site, FRA3B, and numerous homozygous deletions in cancer cell lines and primary tumors. Also, the 3p14...
- Genome-wide joint SNP and CNV analysis of aortic root diameter in African Americans: the HyperGEN studyNathan E Wineinger
Department of Biostatistics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
BMC Med Genomics 4:4. 2011..We report a genome-wide association study on aortic root diameter among African Americans enrolled in the HyperGEN study. We invoked a two-stage, mixed model procedure to jointly identify SNP allele and copy number variation effects...
- Inverse correlation of aberrant expression of fragile histidine triad (FHIT) protein with cyclin D1 protein and prognosis in Chinese patients with cholangiocarcinomaPo Zhao
Department of Pathology, Chinese People s Liberation Army PLA General Hospital, Beijing, China
Acta Oncol 47:1557-63. 2008This is the first study to explore the relationship between the expression of fragile histidine triad, FHIT and cyclin D1 proteins, and the clinicopathological significance of the two proteins in Chinese patients with cholangiocarcinoma.
- microRNA-143 protects cells from DNA damage-induced killing by downregulating FHIT expressionYu Xiang Lin
Department of Medical Molecular Biology, Beijing Institute of Biotechnology, China
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 26:365-72. 2011..Recent studies suggest roles of miRNAs in carcinogenesis. Fragile histidine triad (FHIT) gene deletion, methylation, and reduced Fhit protein expression occur in about 70% of human epithelial tumors and ..
- [Mutation and abnormal expression of FHIT gene in hypopharyngeal carcinoma]Hao Wu
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University, Nantong, 226001, China
Lin Chung Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 23:245-8, 253. 2009To analyze the mutation and abnormal expression of the FHIT gene in human hypopharyngeal carcinoma.
- Alterations of FHIT gene and P16 gene in nickel transformed human bronchial epithelial cellsWei dong Ji
Institute for Chemical Carcinogenesis, Guangzhou Medical College, Guangzhou 510182, Guangdong, China
Biomed Environ Sci 19:277-84. 2006To study the alterations of FHIT gene and P16 gene in malignant transformed human bronchial epithelial cells induced by crystalline nickel sulfide using an immortal human bronchial epithelial cell line, and to explore the molecular ..
- Aberrant FHIT protein expression in classical Hodgkin's lymphoma: a potential markerPo Zhao
Department of Pathology, General Hospital of Chinese People s Liberation Army, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Pathology 38:399-402. 2006The fragile histidine triad (FHIT) gene is frequently inactivated in human cancers; however, the FHIT gene remains unexplored in Hodgkin's lymphoma...
- Decreased fragile histidine triad gene messenger RNA expression in lung cancerHidefumi Sasaki
Department of Surgery II, Nagoya City University Medical School, Nagoya, Japan
Clin Lung Cancer 7:412-6. 2006The fragile histidine triad (FHIT) gene is located at 3p14.2, a region frequently lost in various tumor types. Lack of FHIT expression has been found to occur frequently in multiple tumor types including lung cancer...
- Aberrant methylation of tumor suppressor genes in patients with refractory anemia with ring sideroblastsAna Valencia
Department of Hematology, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Avda Campanar 21, 46009 Valencia, Spain valencia
Leuk Res 35:479-83. 2011..The genes methylated were CDKN2B (20%), RASSF1 (18%), RARB (10%), CDH13 (7.5%) and FHIT (5%)...
- Lack of association of fragile histidine triad (FHIT) polymorphisms with lung cancer in the Korean populationHae Yun Jung
Department of Internal Medicine and Brain Korea 21 Project for Biomedical Science, Genomic Research Center for Lung and Breast Ovarian Cancers, Korea University College of Medicine, 126 1, Anam Dong 5Ga, Sungbuk Gu, Seoul 136 705, Korea
J Hum Genet 52:668-74. 2007The fragile histidine triad (FHIT), which was located on chromosome 3p14.2, was currently considered a promising candidate for a tumor suppressor gene. FHIT performed a crucial function in the tumorigenesis of lung cancer...
- Expression of Fhit, Mlh1, p16INK4A and E-cadherin in early gastric neoplasia: Correlation with histological grade and gastric phenotypeAkihito Hara
Division of Medicine and Clinical Science, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago 683 8504, Japan
Oncol Rep 18:553-9. 2007..The protein expression of 4 TSGs including Fhit, Mlh1, p16INK4A and E-cadherin was examined using immunohistochemical methods in 103 early gastric neoplasias, ..
- MAD analysis of FHIT, a putative human tumor suppressor from the HIT protein familyC D Lima
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Structure 5:763-74. 1997The fragile histidine triad (FHIT) protein is a member of the large and ubiquitous histidine triad (HIT) family of proteins...
- Loss expression of active fragile sites genes associated with the severity of breast epithelial abnormalitiesTian Tian Wang
Department of General Surgery, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong 250012, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 121:1969-74. 2008WWOX and FHIT are two candidate tumor suppressor genes located in active fragile sites, the damage of which has been associated with the development of breast cancer...
- Analysis of FHIT allelic imbalance/loss of heterozygosity and FHIT expression in cutaneous squamous cell carcinomasSarah E Gray
Pathology Department, Molecular Oncology Laboratory, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland
J Cutan Pathol 35:816-25. 2008Aberrations of the tumor suppressor gene, the fragile histidine triad gene (FHIT), have been reported in a wide variety of human cancers including cervical carcinoma, oral squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) and oesophageal SCC...
- Fragile histidine triad gene inactivation in lung cancer: the European Early Lung Cancer projectCarla Verri
Department of Experimental Oncology, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 179:396-401. 2009Fragile histidine triad (FHIT) is a tumor suppressor gene involved in the pathogenesis of lung cancer.
- EFFECTS OF BENZO[A]PYRENE IN TRANSGENIC MODEL OF CERVICAELLEN RORKE; Fiscal Year: 2002..E6 and E7, that are required for cell immortalization, E6 causes degradation of the cell cycle checkpoint/tumor suppressor protein, p53...
- Human Neurotropic JC Virus and CNS DiseasesKamel Khalili; Fiscal Year: 2006..lytic cycle and possesses the ability to interact with several important cellular proteins including the tumor suppressor protein, p53, pointing to the oncogenic potential of this virus...
- Inducible Dysplastic Nephropathy in B2-Deficient MiceSamir S El Dahr; Fiscal Year: 2010..A physiological cross-talk operates between the tumor suppressor protein, p53, and the BdkrB2 during renal organogenesis...
- DEPENDENCE OF P53 ON THIOL MAINTENANCE PROTEINSGary Merrill; Fiscal Year: 2001Stimulation of transcription by the human tumor suppressor protein p53 is compromised in yeast lacking the enzyme thioredoxin reductase (Trr1). The result suggests that p53 is prone to oxidative inactivation...
- Mechanism of Renal Cell Injury in DiabetesGoutam Ghosh Choudhury; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have shown recently that high glucose- as well as TGF-induced downregulation of tumor suppressor protein PTEN (phosphatase and tensin homolog deleted on chromosome ten) contributes to renal cell hypetrophy and ..
- Alteration of Rb in HTLV-1 transformed cellsFatah Kashanchi; Fiscal Year: 2005..A significant regulator of the G1 restriction point in eukaryotic cells is the tumor suppressor protein retinoblastoma (Rb)...
- EXPRESSION OF MATRIX METALLOPROTEINASE AND P53Yubo Sun; Fiscal Year: 2004..My specific research interest is to study the role of tumor suppressor protein and proto-oncogene proteins in the regulation of gene expression of MMPs and TIMPs and in the regulation ..
- 12th International p53 WorkshopCarol Prives; Fiscal Year: 2006The p53 tumor suppressor protein plays pivotal roles in tumor suppression and its gene is the most frequently mutated in human cancers...
- Tip60 in p38 and PRAK Mediated Oncogene-Induced Senescence and Tumor SuppressionPeiqing Sun; Fiscal Year: 2010..ras-induced senescence and tumor suppression both in vitro and in vivo, and that PRAK is likely to be a tumor suppressor protein. Our preliminary data reveal that PRAK directly interacts with a multifunctional histone ..
- Exercise Regulation of Glucose Metabolism in Skeletal MuscleLaurie J Goodyear; Fiscal Year: 2010..The tumor suppressor protein LKB1 has recently been identified as an upstream kinase for AMPK and 12 other AMPK-related proteins...
- Exercise Regulation of Glucose Metabolism in Skeletal MuscleLAURIE GOODYEAR; Fiscal Year: 2009..The tumor suppressor protein LKB1 has recently been identified as an upstream kinase for AMPK and 12 other AMPK-related proteins...
- Study of a FACTp140-SSRP1-associated p53 KinaseHua Lu; Fiscal Year: 2006..this proposal is to understand the molecular and biochemical basis underlying the regulation of the p53 tumor suppressor protein in mammalian systems...
- Biology of the Myb-MuvB Oncoprotein-Tumor Suppressor Protein ComplexJOSEPH STEVEN LIPSICK; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Molecular Basis of AneuploidyDebananda Pati; Fiscal Year: 2009..While tumor suppressor protein p53 and steroid hormones such as androgens have long been implicated in the development of osteosarcoma ..
- MECHANISMS OF ENZYMATIC REACTIONSPERRY FREY; Fiscal Year: 2002..uridlyltransferase (Ga1T), galactokinase (Ga1K), dTDP-glucose 4,6-dehydratase (dehydratase) and human Fhit, a putative tumor suppressor...
- Structure-Function of Protein DeacetylasesRonen Marmorstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..to HDACs have more recently been shown to deacetylate non-histone protein targets in vivo such as the p53 tumor suppressor protein for DNA repair regulation and alpha-tubulin for maintenance of cell integrity, suggesting that these ..
- FUNCTIONAL AND STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS OF HIT PROTEINSCharles Brenner; Fiscal Year: 2006..The Fhit branch of the HIT superfamily contains enzymes that hydrolyze diadenosine polyphosphates (ApnA)...
- p38 MAPK in Ras-induced Senescence and TransformationPeiqing Sun; Fiscal Year: 2010..senescence operates in vivo to suppress cancer development in murine models, and that PRAK is a tumor suppressor protein that is inactivated in certain types of human cancer...
- Chemical Modulators for p53 Functions in Transcriptional RegulationSYED S MUJTABA; Fiscal Year: 2011DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The most essential human tumor suppressor protein p53 is mutated in more than 50% of the human cancers...
- Chemical Modulators for p53 Functions in Transcriptional RegulationSYED S MUJTABA; Fiscal Year: 2010The most essential human tumor suppressor protein p53 is mutated in more than 50% of the human cancers...
- Characterization of WWOX, the Cancer Gene Spanning FRA16DCLAUDIO MARCELO ALDAZ; Fiscal Year: 2010..We identified that the WWOX tumor suppressor protein physically interacts with and represses RUNX2 transcriptional activity...
- PROPERTIES AND REGULATION OF P53 IN TUMOR CELLSCarol Prives; Fiscal Year: 2010The p53 tumor suppressor protein is likely the most well studied mammalian transcription factor...
- ANTIAPOPTOTIC MECHANISMS IN PROSTATE CANCERALBERT BALDWIN; Fiscal Year: 2002..CWR22R tumors displayed elevated Bcl-2 and c-Myc proteins as well as cytoplasmic localization of the tumor suppressor protein p53...
- FOXO1 Inhibition in Genotoxic Stress Response and Prostate Cancer SurvivalHaojie Huang; Fiscal Year: 2010..of the forkhead transcription factor FOXO1 induces apoptosis in PCa cells, suggesting that FOXO1 is a tumor suppressor protein. This notion is further supported by recent findings from our laboratory, as well as our colleagues',..