Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FGF13
Description: fibroblast growth factor 13
Alias: FGF-13, FGF2, FHF-2, FHF2, fibroblast growth factor homologous factor 2
Publications138 found, 100 shown here
- Absence of fibroblast growth factor 2 does not prevent tumor formation originating from the RPEAlessandro Foletti
ISREC Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research, Chemin des Boveresses 155, CH 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
Oncogene 21:1841-7. 2002We have analysed the importance of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) in tumor development...
- Radioprotection of hematopoietic tissue by fibroblast growth factors in fractionated radiation experimentsI Ding
Radiation Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892-1002, USA
Acta Oncol 36:337-40. 1997..FGF(1/2) dose was 3 microg per i.v. injection given 24 and 4 hrs before the first radiation dose. FGF2 treated mice had a significant survival advantage over saline-treated mice with a DMF of 1.22 +/- 0.07 (p < 0...
- Fibroblast growth factor (FGF)-1, FGF2, FGF7 and FGF receptors are uniformly expressed in trophoblast giant cells during restricted trophoblast invasion in cowsC Pfarrer
Institute for Veterinary Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Justus Liebig University, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
Placenta 27:758-70. 2006..b>FGF2 signals dominated in maternal vascular endothelia (VE), immature TGC, and MTC, whereas staining in other cell types ..
- Evaluation of the transfection property of a peptide ligand for the fibroblast growth factor receptor as part of PEGylated polyethylenimine polyplexGururaj A Rao
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Florida, Gainesville, U S A
J Drug Target 16:79-89. 2008..The 7-mer peptide (MQLPLAT), targeted toward the fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) receptor, was recently identified using a phage-display library method as possessing a high degree of specificity ..
- Activation of multiple signaling pathways is critical for fibroblast growth factor 2- and vascular endothelial growth factor-stimulated ovine fetoplacental endothelial cell proliferationJing Zheng
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Perinatal Research Laboratories, PAB1 Meriter Hospital, Madison, WI 53715, USA
Biol Reprod 78:143-50. 2008Fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) are two key regulators of placental angiogenesis...
- Hypoxia enhances FGF2- and VEGF-stimulated human placental artery endothelial cell proliferation: roles of MEK1/2/ERK1/2 and PI3K/AKT1 pathwaysK Wang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Perinatal Research Laboratories, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53715, USA
Placenta 30:1045-51. 2009..In this study, we examined if hypoxia affected fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2)- and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-stimulated cell proliferation via the mitogen-activated protein ..
- FGF2 transcript levels are positively correlated with EGF and IGF-1 in the malignant endometriumGiannoula Soufla
Department of Virology, Medical School, University of Crete, PO Box 1527, Heraklion 71003, Crete, Greece
Cancer Lett 259:146-55. 2008..Fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) is also mitogenic for various cell types and is associated with regulation of tumor angiogenesis and metastasis...
- Absence of fibroblast growth factor 2 promotes oligodendroglial repopulation of demyelinated white matterRegina C Armstrong
Department of Anatomy, Physiology, and Genetics at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20814 4799, USA
J Neurosci 22:8574-85. 2002This study takes advantage of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) knock-out mice to determine the contribution of FGF2 to the regeneration of oligodendrocytes in the adult CNS...
- FGFs-1 and -2, and TGF beta 1 as inductive signals modulating in vitro odontoblast differentiationF J Unda
Departamento de Biologia Celular y Ciencias Morfologicas Facultad de Medicina y Odontologia, Universidad Pais Vasco Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea, Leioa 48940, Vizcaya, Spain
Adv Dent Res 15:34-7. 2001We have studied the expression of FGF1 and FGF2 during mouse odontogenesis by immunohistochemistry. FGF1 was detected in differentiated odontoblasts and at the secretory pole of ameloblasts...
- Protein phosphatase 3 differentially modulates vascular endothelial growth factor- and fibroblast growth factor 2-stimulated cell proliferation and signaling in ovine fetoplacental artery endothelial cellsKai Wang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53715, USA
Biol Reprod 79:704-10. 2008A critical process for vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)- and fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2)-regulated cellular function is reversible protein phosphorylation, which is tightly controlled by a balance of protein kinases and ..
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 mRNA expression in the brainstem and spinal cord of normal and chronic spinally transected urodelesMarie Moftah
INSERM U 862, Neurocentre Magendie, Pathophysiology of Spinal Networks, Bordeaux, France
J Neurosci Res 86:3348-58. 2008..the molecular basis of spinal cord regeneration in urodeles, but it is believed that fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) may play an important role by inducing proliferation of neural progenitor cells...
- Myocardial functional recovery after fibroblast growth factor 2 gene therapy as assessed by echocardiography and magnetic resonance imagingKeith A Horvath
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 74:481-6; discussion 487. 2002..of this study was to investigate whether an experimental link could be made between the ability of a novel fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) gene formulation to promote neovascularization, and its ability to restore myocardial function.
- Platelet factor 4 inhibits FGF2-induced endothelial cell proliferation via the extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathway but not by the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathwayEric Sulpice
Institut des Vaisseaux et du Sang IVS, Centre de Recherche de l association Claude Bernard, Hopital Lariboisiere, 8 rue Guy Patin, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Blood 100:3087-94. 2002..the effects of PF-4 on the intracellular signal transduction induced by basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF2)...
- In vivo involvement of heparan sulfate proteoglycan in the bioavailability, internalization, and catabolism of exogenous basic fibroblast growth factorS Colin
Service de Biochimie et Génétique Moléculaire, CEA Saclay, F 91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
Mol Pharmacol 55:74-82. 1999The in vivo bioavailability of exogenous fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) was studied after i.v. injection of uniformly 14C-labeled FGF2 into young rats. 14C-FGF2 was rapidly accumulated in almost all solid organs within 5 min...
- Immunohistochemical Jun/Fos protein localization and DNA synthesis in rat adrenal cortex after treatment with ACTH or FGF2Rozana B F Baccaro
Department of Anatomy, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cell Tissue Res 328:7-18. 2007..in rat adrenal cortex infused in situ with adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH), fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2), or both...
- Distribution of cells expressing Jun and Fos proteins and synthesizing DNA in the adrenal cortex of hypophysectomized rats: regulation by ACTH and FGF2Thompson Eusebio Pavan Torres
Department of Anatomy, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo 05508 900, SP, Brazil
Cell Tissue Res 329:443-55. 2007..The effects of adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) and fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) on Fos and Jun protein expression were investigated, and DNA synthesis was assessed by using bromodeoxyuridine (..
- Uptake of adenoviral vectors via fibroblast growth factor receptors involves intracellular pathways that differ from the targeting ligandD K Hoganson
Selective Genetics, Inc, 11035 Roselle Street, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Mol Ther 3:105-12. 2001..delivery of adenoviral gene therapy vectors has been achieved by introducing basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF2) onto viral capsids...
- FGF2 plays a key role in embryonic cerebrospinal fluid trophic properties over chick embryo neuroepithelial stem cellsC Martin
Departamento de Anatomía y Radiología, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Valladolid, C Ramón y Cajal 7, 47005 Valladolid, Spain
Dev Biol 297:402-16. 2006..Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) has been involved in the regulation of these processes, and although it has been suggested that they work in an ..
- Focal adhesion kinase (FAK) expression and activation during lens developmentMaria I Kokkinos
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Australia
Mol Vis 13:418-30. 2007..of FAK expression and tyrosine phosphorylation (Y397) in the developing lens and investigated its regulation by FGF2. We also examined FAK expression and activation during disrupted fiber differentiation in mice expressing a ..
- Action of fibroblast growth factor-2 on the intervertebral discXin Li
Department of Biochemistry, Rush University Medical Center, Cohn Research BD 516, 1735 W, Harrison, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 10:R48. 2008Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) is a growth factor that is immediately released after cartilage injury and plays a pivotal role in cartilage homeostasis...
- Ets domain transcription factor PE1 suppresses human interstitial collagenase promoter activity by antagonizing protein-DNA interactions at a critical AP1 elementM Bidder
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Biochemistry 39:8917-28. 2000..via protein-DNA interactions at the Ets cognate, and minimally two mechanisms convey MMP1 promoter upregulation by FGF2: (a) transcriptional activation via Fra1/c-Jun containing DNA-protein interactions at the AP1 cognate and (b) ..
- Prognostic impact of fibroblast growth factor 2 in non-small cell lung cancer: coexpression with VEGFR-3 and PDGF-B predicts poor survivalTom Donnem
Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tromso, Norway
J Thorac Oncol 4:578-85. 2009Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2; basic fibroblast growth factor, b-FGF) and its main receptor FGFR-1 are important in both hemangiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis...
- Role of hypoxia and extracellular matrix-integrin binding in the modulation of angiogenic growth factors secretion by retinal pigmented epithelial cellsS A Mousa
DuPont Pharmaceuticals Company, Wilmington, Delaware 19880 0400, USA
J Cell Biochem 74:135-43. 1999..of soluble vitronectin, or fibrinogen to RPE cell cultures resulted in a small to moderate increase in VEGF and FGF2 in the media, while each of these growth factors was dramatically increased after addition of thrombospondin 1 (..
- Endogenous FGF-2 is critically important in PTH anabolic effects on boneMaria Giovanna Sabbieti
Department of Comparative Morphology and Biochemistry, University of Camerino, Camerino MC, Italy
J Cell Physiol 219:143-51. 2009..and fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF-2) expression in osteoblasts and the anabolic response to PTH is reduced in Fgf2-/- mice...
- Establishment of a functional ovine fetoplacental artery endothelial cell line with a prolonged life spanYang Song
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Perinatal Research Laboratories, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53715, USA
Biol Reprod 76:29-35. 2007..These OFPAE cells produce nitric oxide (NO), proliferate, and migrate in response to fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)...
- Dissection of the odontoblast differentiation process in vitro by a combination of FGF1, FGF2, and TGFbeta1F J Unda
Departamento de Biologia Celular y Ciencias Morfologicas, Facultad de Medicina y Odontologia, Universidad Pais Vasco Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea, Leioa, Vizcaya, Spain
Dev Dyn 218:480-9. 2000..of 17-day-old mouse embryos were cultured in the presence of combinations of the following growth factors: FGF1, FGF2, and TGFbeta1...
- Analysis of segregation distortion and association of the bovine FGF2 with fertilization rate and early embryonic survivalX Wang
College of Animal Science and Technology, Northwest A and F University, Yangling, Shaanxi 712100, China
Anim Genet 40:722-8. 2009Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) plays an important role in fertility and early embryo development...
- Site-specific interactions of neurotrophin-3 and fibroblast growth factor (FGF2) in the embryonic development of the mouse cochlear nucleusWaheeda A Hossain
Department of Neuroscience, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, 06030, USA
J Neurobiol 66:897-915. 2006Neurotrophins and FGF2 contribute to formation of the cochlea, but their roles in cochlear nucleus development are unknown...
- The nucleotide analog cidofovir suppresses basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF2) expression and signaling and induces apoptosis in FGF2-overexpressing endothelial cellsSandra Liekens
Laboratory of Virology and Chemotherapy, Rega Institute for Medical Research, Leuven, Belgium
Mol Pharmacol 71:695-703. 2007..shown that cidofovir inhibits the development of vascular tumors induced by basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF2)-overexpressing endothelial cells (FGF2-T-MAE) in mice...
- Relative role of upstream regulators of Akt, ERK and CREB in NCAM- and FGF2-mediated signallingDorte Kornerup Ditlevsen
Protein Laboratory, Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, University of Copenhagen, Panum Institute, Building 6 2, Blegdamsvej 3, DK 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark
Neurochem Int 53:137-47. 2008..For comparison, we also evaluated the role of upstream signalling cascades on fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2)-mediated phosphorylation of ERK, Akt, and CREB and found that FGF2 required the activity of both FGFR and Src-..
- The protein kinase C pathway mediates cardioprotection induced by cardiac-specific overexpression of fibroblast growth factor-2Stacey L House
Department of Pharmacology and Cell Biophysics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 231 Albert Sabin Way, ML 0575, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H354-65. 2007..Our laboratory has previously shown that cardiac-specific overexpression of fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) results in increased recovery of contractile function and decreased infarct size following ischemia-reperfusion ..
- Protective effects of basic fibroblast growth factor in the development of emphysema induced by interferon-γByung Jae Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Exp Mol Med 43:169-78. 2011..Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2), which is the downstream mediator of TGF-β, is important in wound healing...
- FGF2 specifies hESC-derived definitive endoderm into foregut/midgut cell lineages in a concentration-dependent mannerJacqueline Ameri
Stem Cell Center, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Stem Cells 28:45-56. 2010..Studies in lower vertebrates have demonstrated that FGF2 primarily patterns the ventral foregut endoderm into liver and lung, whereas FGF4 exhibits broad anterior-posterior ..
- Compensation by fibroblast growth factor 1 (FGF1) does not account for the mild phenotypic defects observed in FGF2 null miceD L Miller
Department of Microbiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:2260-8. 2000Fibroblast growth factor 1 (FGF1) and FGF2, the prototypic members of the FGF family of growth factors, have been implicated in a variety of physiological and pathological processes...
- Different aspects of gliosis in retinal Muller glia can be induced by CNTF, insulin, and FGF2 in the absence of damageAndy J Fischer
Department of Neuroscience, Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Mol Vis 10:973-86. 2004..The purpose of this study was to assay whether growth factors influence the expression of filamentous proteins in Muller glia in the intact retinas of postnatal chickens...
- Fibroblast growth factor 2: from laboratory evidence to clinical applicationChu Huang Chen
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Curr Vasc Pharmacol 2:33-43. 2004Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) is expressed ubiquitously in mesodermal and neuroectodermal cells...
- Fibroblast growth factor 2: roles of regulation of lens cell proliferation and epithelial-mesenchymal transition in response to injuryTakeshi Tanaka
Department of Ophthalmology, Wakayama Medical University, Wakayama, Japan
Mol Vis 10:462-7. 2004To examine the role of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) in regulating lens cell proliferation and epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) in response to injury.
- Decrease in excitatory neurons, astrocytes and proliferating progenitors in the cerebral cortex of mice lacking exon 3 from the Fgf2 geneKesi Chen
Child Study Center, Yale University School of Medicine, 230 South Frontage Rd, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
BMC Neurosci 9:94. 2008The Fgf2 gene is expressed in the brain neuroepithelium during embryonic development and in astroglial cells throughout life...
- Fibroblast growth factor 2-induced cytoplasmic asparaginyl-tRNA synthetase promotes survival of osteoblasts by regulating anti-apoptotic PI3K/Akt signalingSu Jin Park
Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Science, College of Medicine, Yonsei University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Bone 45:994-1003. 2009Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2), the potent bone anabolic agent, regulates the bone development, as well as the growth, remodeling and healing of the fracture...
- FGF2 translationally induced by hypoxia is involved in negative and positive feedback loops with HIF-1alphaCaroline Conte
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, U858, Toulouse, France
PLoS ONE 3:e3078. 2008Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) is a major angiogenic factor involved in angiogenesis and arteriogenesis, however the regulation of its expression during these processes is poorly documented...
- The influence of FGF2 high molecular weight (HMW) isoforms in the development of cardiac ischemia-reperfusion injurySiyun Liao
Department of Pharmacology and Cell Biophysics, University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine, 231 Albert Sabin Way, ML 0575, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 48:1245-54. 2010Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) consists of multiple protein isoforms (low [LMW] and high molecular weight [HMW]), which are localized to different cellular compartments, indicating unique biological activity...
- ATP differentially upregulates fibroblast growth factor 2 and transforming growth factor α in neonatal and adult mice: effect on neuroproliferationC Jia
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Neuroscience 177:335-46. 2011..hypotheses that ATP induces the synthesis and secretion of two neurotrophic factors, fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) and transforming growth factor alpha (TGFα), and that these neurotrophic factors have a role in inducing ..
- Anti-FGF2 approaches as a strategy to compensate resistance to anti-VEGF therapy: long-pentraxin 3 as a novel antiangiogenic FGF2-antagonistPatrizia Alessi
Unit of General Pathology and Immunology, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology, School of Medicine, University of Brescia, Italy
Eur Cytokine Netw 20:225-34. 2009..One proposed mechanism of tumor escape from anti-VEGF therapy is the up-regulation of fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2). FGF2 is a pleiotropic, angiogenesis inducer belonging to the family of the heparin-binding FGF growth factors...
- Cell-mediated delivery of fibroblast growth factor-2 and vascular endothelial growth factor onto the chick chorioallantoic membrane: endothelial fenestration and angiogenesisD Ribatti
Department of Human Anatomy, University of Bari Medical School, Bari, Italy
J Vasc Res 38:389-97. 2001Fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) exert their angiogenic activity by interacting with endothelial cells in a distinct manner...
- The cardioprotective effect of the low molecular weight isoform of fibroblast growth factor-2: the role of JNK signalingSiyun Liao
Department of Pharmacology and Cell Biophysics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 231 Albert Sabin Way, ML 0575, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 42:106-20. 2007Our laboratory showed that overexpression of fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) protected the heart against ischemia-reperfusion injury...
- Enlarged infarct volume and loss of BDNF mRNA induction following brain ischemia in mice lacking FGF-2Irina Kiprianova
Interdisciplinary Center for Neurosciences, Department of Neuroanatomy, University of Heidelberg, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Exp Neurol 189:252-60. 2004..We have used mice with a null mutation of the fgf2 gene to explore the relevance of endogenous FGF-2 in brain ischemia...
- Extracellular matrix-mediated differentiation of periodontal progenitor cellsSmit J Dangaria
Brodie Laboratory for Craniofacial Genetics, Departments of Oral Biology and Orthodontics, UIC College of Dentistry, The University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60565, USA
Differentiation 78:79-90. 2009..of diseased periodontal tissues, we have tested the effect of periodontal ECM signals, fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2), connective tissue growth factor (CTGF), and the cell adhesion peptide Arg-Gly-Asp (RGD) on the differentiation of ..
- Intrathecal injection of epidermal growth factor and fibroblast growth factor 2 promotes proliferation of neural precursor cells in the spinal cords of mice with mutant human SOD1 geneYasuyuki Ohta
Department of Neurology, Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy, Okayama University, Okayama, Japan
J Neurosci Res 84:980-92. 2006..spinal cord treated with intrathecal infusion of epidermal growth factor (EGF) and fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) into the lumbar spinal cord region of normal and symptomatic transgenic (Tg) mice with a mutant human Cu/Zn ..
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 is more dynamic than vascular endothelial growth factor A during the follicle-luteal transition in the cowR S Robinson
Division of Animal Physiology, University of Nottingham, Loughborough, Leics LE12 5RD, United Kingdom
Biol Reprod 77:28-36. 2007..we examined the temporal changes in vascular endothelial growth factor A (VEGFA), fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) and secreted protein, acidic, cysteine-rich (osteonectin) (SPARC) during the follicular-luteal transition and CL ..
- In vivo analysis of oligodendrocyte lineage development in postnatal FGF2 null miceJoshua C Murtie
Program in Molecular and Cell Biology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20814 4799, USA
Glia 49:542-54. 2005Analysis of fibroblast growth factor 2 null (FGF2-/-) and wild-type (FGF2+/+) mice was used to interpret the potential in vivo role of endogenous FGF2 on oligodendrocyte lineage cell (OLC) responses during oligodendrogenesis and ..
- Chronic antidepressant treatments increase basic fibroblast growth factor and fibroblast growth factor-binding protein in neuronsAlessia Bachis
Department of Neuroscience, Georgetown University Medical Center, EP04, New Research Building, 3970 Reservoir Road, NW, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Neuropharmacology 55:1114-20. 2008..Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) is a growth factor essential for the proper formation of synaptic connections in the cerebral cortex, maturation ..
- Gene expression profile in fibroblast growth factor 2-transformed endothelial cellsPatrizia Dell'Era
Unit of General Pathology and Immunology, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology, University of Brescia, 25123 Brescia, Italy
Oncogene 21:2433-40. 2002Fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) exerts paracrine and autocrine functions on endothelial cells...
- Retina regeneration in the chick embryo is not induced by spontaneous Mitf downregulation but requires FGF/FGFR/MEK/Erk dependent upregulation of Pax6Jason R Spence
Department of Zoology, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio 45056, USA
Mol Vis 13:57-65. 2007..To elucidate the early cellular events that take place during induction of retina regeneration in the embryonic chick, focusing on the relationship between fibroblast growth factor (FGF) signaling and the regulation of Pax6 and Mitf...
- Immunolocalization of FGF1 and FGF2 in the regenerating tail of the lizard Lampropholis guichenoti: implications for FGFs as trophic factors in lizard tail regenerationLorenzo Alibardi
Department of Biology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Acta Histochem 112:459-73. 2010..The presence of fibroblast growth factor-1 (FGF1) and -2 (FGF2) in the regenerating tail of the lizard Lampropholis guichenoti has been studied using immunofluorescence labeling...
- FGF2-mediated upregulation of urokinase-type plasminogen activator expression requires a MAP-kinase dependent activation of poly(ADP-ribose) polymeraseRiccardo Caldini
Department of Experimental Pathology and Oncology, University of Florence, Italy
J Cell Physiol 202:125-34. 2005..We have analyzed whether poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase activity is involved in basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF2)-mediated upregulation of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) mRNA...
- Coxsackievirus B3 used as a gene therapy vector to express functional FGF2D S Kim
Department of Biotechnology, The Catholic University of Korea, Bucheon, Korea
Gene Ther 19:1159-65. 2012..A recombinant CVB3 complementary DNA was constructed by inserting a gene encoding human fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2)...
- Effect of syndecan-1, syndecan-4, and glypican-1 on turkey muscle satellite cell proliferation, differentiation, and responsiveness to fibroblast growth factor 2S G Velleman
Department of Animal Sciences, Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center, The Ohio State University, Wooster 44691, USA USA
Poult Sci 86:1406-13. 2007..families consisting of the syndecans and glypicans are low-affinity receptors for fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2)...
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 is an immediate-early gene induced by mechanical stress in osteogenic cellsChai Fei Li
Laboratory of Cell Growth, Northern California Institute for Research and Education, San Francisco, California, USA
J Bone Miner Res 21:946-55. 2006..Here, we show that MS induced proliferation in both MC3T3-E1 and BMOp cells isolated from Fgf2(+/+) mice; Fgf2(-/-) BMOp cells required exogenous FGF-2 for a normal proliferation response...
- JNK/ERK/FAK mediate promigratory actions of basic fibroblast growth factor in astrocytes via CCL2 and COX2Mathieu P Lichtenstein
Institut de Neurociencies, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Neurosignals 20:86-102. 2012..This knowledge gap affects basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF2), which in the brain is mainly produced by astrocytes and characteristically upregulated in reactive astrocytes...
- Endothelial heparan sulfate 6-O-sulfation levels regulate angiogenic responses of endothelial cells to fibroblast growth factor 2 and vascular endothelial growth factorCristina Ferreras
Translational Angiogenesis Group, School of Cancer and enabling Sciences, The University of Manchester, Manchester M20 4BX, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 287:36132-46. 2012Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) and vascular endothelial growth factor 165 (VEGF(165)) are potent pro-angiogenic growth factors that play a pivotal role in tumor angiogenesis...
- Intraventricular injection of FGF-2 promotes generation of oligodendrocyte-lineage cells in the postnatal and adult forebrainKasum Azim
Institute of Biomedical and Biomolecular Sciences, School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Science, University of Portsmouth, St Michael s Building, Portsmouth, United Kingdom Neuromorphology, Brain Research Institute, University of Zürich ETHZ, Zurich, Switzerland
Glia 60:1977-90. 2012b>FGF2 is considered a key factor in the generation of oligodendrocytes (OLs) derived from neural stem cells (NSCs) located within the subventricular zone (SVZ)...
- Heparan sulfate domain organization and sulfation modulate FGF-induced cell signalingNadja Jastrebova
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Microbiology, Uppsala University, SE 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
J Biol Chem 285:26842-51. 2010..the structural characteristics of porcine HS in cellular signaling induced by basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF2), using CHO745 cells devoid of endogenous glycosaminoglycans as target...
- Growth factor deprivation induces an alternative non-apoptotic death mechanism that is inhibited by Bcl2 in cells derived from neural precursor cellsMaría del Carmen Cárdenas-Aguayo
Department of Developmental Genetics and Molecular Physiology, Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Cuernavaca, MOR 62210, Mexico
J Hematother Stem Cell Res 12:735-48. 2003..We previously showed that fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) could act as a survival factor for neural precursor cells...
- ERK acts in parallel to PKCδ to mediate the connexin43-dependent potentiation of Runx2 activity by FGF2 in MC3T3 osteoblastsCorinne Niger
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 302:C1035-44. 2012..we have shown that Cx43 can enhance the signaling and transcriptional response to fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) in osteoblasts by increasing protein kinase C-δ (PKCδ) activation to affect Runx2 activity...
- The fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 (FGFR1), a marker of response to chemoradiotherapy in breast cancer?Carole Massabeau
Department of Radiation Oncology, Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, Paris, 75005, France
Breast Cancer Res Treat 134:259-66. 2012..of the tyrosine kinase receptor fibroblast growth factor-1 (FGFR1) and its ligand, the fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) in determining the response to chemoradiotherapy of breast cancers...
- Fibroblast growth factors and their specific binding sites in normal urothelium and transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the human bladderS Palcy
Laboratoire de Recherche sur la Croissance Cellulaire, la Réparation et la Régénération Tissulaires EA MRS 415 URA CNRS 1813, Université Paris XII Val de Marne, Creteil, France
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 41:565-75. 1995In order to further investigate the involvement of FGF1 and FGF2 in the transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder (TCC), we compared the expression of FGF1, FGF2 and their membrane binding sites by biochemical and immunological methods ..
- FGF2 is crucial for the development of bovine luteal endothelial networks in vitroKathryn J Woad
School of Biosciences, University of Nottingham, Sutton Bonington Campus, Loughborough, Leicestershire LE125RD, UK
Reproduction 138:581-8. 2009..complex interplay between factors such as vascular endothelial growth factor A (VEGFA), fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) and platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF). However, the relative role of these factors remains to be elucidated...
- Gene expression patterns of the fibroblast growth factors and their receptors during myogenesis of rat satellite cellsS Kastner
Department of Biological Structure, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 48:1079-96. 2000..We previously showed that fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2, basic FGF) stimulates a greater number of satellite cells to enter the cell cycle but does not modify the overall ..
- Kynurenine inhibits fibroblast growth factor 2-mediated expression of crystallins and MIP26 in lens epithelial cellsManeesh Mailankot
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1802:609-20. 2010Fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2)-mediated signaling plays an important role in fiber cell differentiation in eye lens...
- Fibroblast growth factor inhibits chondrocytic growth through induction of p21 and subsequent inactivation of cyclin E-Cdk2T Aikawa
Endocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Biol Chem 276:29347-52. 2001..To understand the growth-inhibitory mechanisms of FGF, we analyzed the effects of FGF2 on cell cycle-regulating molecules in chondrocytes...
- Effect of glypican-1 covalently attached chains on turkey myogenic satellite cell proliferation, differentiation, and fibroblast growth factor 2 responsivenessY Song
Department of Animal Sciences, Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center, The Ohio State University, Wooster 44691, USA
Poult Sci 89:123-34. 2010..The glypican-1 GAG chains are required for cell differentiation and responsiveness to fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2). The role of glypican-1 N-glycosylated chains in regulating cell activities has not been reported...
- Nuclear isoforms of fibroblast growth factor 2 are novel inducers of hypophosphatemia via modulation of FGF23 and KLOTHOLiping Xiao
Department of Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030, USA
J Biol Chem 285:2834-46. 2010b>FGF2 transgenic mice were developed in which type I collagen regulatory sequences drive the nuclear high molecular weight FGF2 isoforms in osteoblasts (TgHMW)...
- Sugar-induced modification of fibroblast growth factor 2 reduces its angiogenic activity in vivoFrancesco Facchiano
Laboratorio di Patologia Vascolare, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata, Roma, Italy
Am J Pathol 161:531-41. 2002..The major aims of the present study were to evaluate the effect of hyperglycemia on fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2)-induced angiogenesis in vivo and to determine whether FGF2 non-enzymatic glycation occurs in hyperglycemic mice...
- Influence of FGF2 and PEG hydrogel matrix properties on hMSC viability and spreadingWilliam J King
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Wisconsin, 1550 Engineering Drive, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Biomed Mater Res A 93:1110-23. 2010..poly(ethylene glycol) (PEG) hydrogel arrays were used to screen for the effects of fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2), combined with multiple hydrogel matrix parameters, on human mesenchymal stem cell (hMSC) viability and spreading...
- An intrinsic quality-control mechanism ensures unconventional secretion of fibroblast growth factor 2 in a folded conformationLucía Cespón Torrado
Heidelberg University Biochemistry Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 328, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Cell Sci 122:3322-9. 2009Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) is a proangiogenic mitogen that is secreted by an unconventional mechanism, which does not depend on a functional ER-Golgi system...
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 induces increased calvarial osteoblast proliferation and cranial suture fusionAmr M Moursi
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, College of Dentistry, Pediatric Dentistry, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43218 2357, USA
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 39:487-96. 2002..The purpose of this study was to quantitatively determine the effect of FGF2 on rat calvarial osteoblasts and a rat cranial suture formation model.
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 is an intrinsic chondroprotective agent that suppresses ADAMTS-5 and delays cartilage degradation in murine osteoarthritisShi Lu Chia
Imperial College London, London, UK
Arthritis Rheum 60:2019-27. 2009..In vitro, FGF-2 suppresses interleukin-1-driven aggrecanase activity in human cartilage explants, suggesting a chondroprotective role in vivo. We undertook this study to investigate the in vivo role of FGF-2 in murine cartilage...
- In vivo infusions of exogenous growth factors into the fourth ventricle of the adult mouse brain increase the proliferation of neural progenitors around the fourth ventricle and the central canal of the spinal cordDavid J Martens
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, 1 King s College Circle, Toronto, ON, M5S 1A8, Canada
Eur J Neurosci 16:1045-57. 2002..from the fourth ventricle and spinal cord form neurospheres in vitro in response to basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF2)+heparin (H) or epidermal growth factor (EGF)+FGF2 together...
- Polymorphisms in the FGF2 gene and risk of serous ovarian cancer: results from the ovarian cancer association consortiumSharon E Johnatty
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Twin Res Hum Genet 12:269-75. 2009..We hypothesized that common single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the FGF2 gene may alter angiogenic potential and thereby susceptibility to ovarian cancer...
- A new role for FGF2 as an endogenous inhibitor of anxietyJAVIER A PEREZ
Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience Institute, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Neurosci 29:6379-87. 2009Human postmortem studies have demonstrated that fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) expression is decreased in the brain of depressed individuals...
- Fibroblast growth factor type 2 signaling is critical for DNA repair in human keratinocyte stem cellsGhida Harfouche
CEA, IRCM, Laboratory of Genomics and Radiobiology of Keratinopoiesis, Evry, France
Stem Cells 28:1639-48. 2010..Data revealed that several genes of the fibroblast growth factor type 2 (FGF2) signaling pathway were induced by DNA damage in stem cells and not in progenitors...
- HMGA proteins regulate the expression of FGF2 in uterine fibroidsBurkhard Maria Helmke
Institute of Pathology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Hum Reprod 17:135-42. 2011..b>FGF2 (fibroblast growth factor 2) was one of these genes, and we were then able to show by microarray analyses that ..
- Fibroblast growth factor (FGF) homologous factors: new members of the FGF family implicated in nervous system developmentP M Smallwood
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:9850-7. 1996..Each FHF is expressed in the developing and adult nervous systems, suggesting a role for this branch of the FGF family in nervous system development and function...
- Expression of chicken fibroblast growth factor homologous factor (FHF)-1 and of differentially spliced isoforms of FHF-2 during development and involvement of FHF-2 in chicken limb developmentI Munoz-Sanjuan
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Department of Anatomy, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Development 126:409-21. 1999..Finally, we show that a secreted version of cFHF-2 activates the expression of HoxD13, HoxD11, Fgf-4 and BMP-2 ectopically, consistent with cFHF-2 playing a role in anterior-posterior patterning of the limb...
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 stimulation of osteoblast differentiation and bone formation is mediated by modulation of the Wnt signaling pathwayYurong Fei
University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030, USA
J Biol Chem 286:40575-83. 2011Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) positively modulates osteoblast differentiation and bone formation. However, the mechanism(s) is not fully understood...
- Expansion of mesenchymal stem cells on fibrinogen-rich protein surfaces derived from blood plasmaJohn D Kisiday
Department of Clinical Science, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, USA
J Tissue Eng Regen Med 5:600-11. 2011..cells/cm(2) and passaged five times over 10 days, MSCs on FRP in medium containing fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) resulted in a ∼2.5-fold increase in cell yield relative to TCP. In FGF2-free medium, FRP stimulated a 10...
- FGF and ERK signaling coordinately regulate mineralization-related genes and play essential roles in osteocyte differentiationAi Kyono
Department of Orthopaedics, Case Western Reserve University, 2109 Adelbert Road BRB 329, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Bone Miner Metab 30:19-30. 2012..This experiment identified a number of mineralization-related genes that were regulated by FGF2 in an ERK MAPK-dependent manner...
- Extended periods of neural induction and propagation of embryonic stem cell-derived neural progenitors with EGF and FGF2 enhances Lmx1a expression and neurogenic potentialWendy R Zeng
Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University Parkville Campus, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Neurochem Int 59:394-403. 2011..When cultured in EGF and FGF2, ESC-derived NS cells have been reported to be stable and multipotent...
- Purine analogue 6-methylmercaptopurine riboside inhibits early and late phases of the angiogenesis processM Presta
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology, School of Medicine, University of Brescia, Italy
Cancer Res 59:2417-24. 1999..6-MMPR inhibited fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2)-induced proliferation and delayed the repair of mechanically wounded monolayer in endothelial GM 7373 cell ..
- Proliferation of intimal smooth muscle cells. Attenuation of basic fibroblast growth factor 2-stimulated proliferation is associated with increased expression of cell cycle inhibitorsN E Olson
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Biol Chem 275:11270-7. 2000Basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF2) is a potent mitogen for medial smooth muscle cells and is necessary for their proliferation after balloon catheter injury; however, intimal smooth muscle cells do not require FGF2 for their ..
- Fibroblast growth factor requirements for in vitro development of bovine embryosSarah D Fields
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Theriogenology 75:1466-75. 2011..1 ± 27.5 vs 297.8 ± 25.0). A second series of studies determined if supplemental FGF2 enhances development in vitro...
- Basic fibroblast growth factor (Fgf2) is necessary for cell proliferation and neurogenesis in the developing cerebral cortexR Raballo
Child Study Center and Section of Neurobiology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Neurosci 20:5012-23. 2000..We have previously shown that the germline mutation of the basic fibroblast growth factor (Fgf2) gene results in a reduction in the number of cortical neurons in the adult...
- Interaction of clodronate with fibroblast growth factor 2 reduces FGF2-activity in endothelial cellsK Rose
Institut fur Pharmazeutische und Medizinische Chemie, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Hittorfstr, 58 62, 48149 Munster, Germany
Biomed Pharmacother 65:46-51. 2011..Furthermore, ATP-binding to FGF2 also leads to stabilization of this growth factor as discovered recently...
- Skin regeneration with fibroblast growth factor 2 released from heparin-conjugated fibrinSuk Ho Bhang
School of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Biotechnol Lett 33:845-51. 2011Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) stimulates skin wound healing but does long-term delivery of FGF2 enhance skin regeneration compared to short-term delivery? Heparin-conjugated fibrin (HCF) was used as a vehicle for long-term delivery of ..
- Molecular disruption of NBS1 with targeted gene delivery enhances chemosensitisation in head and neck cancerK Araki
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 415 Curie Boulevard, CRB Room 145, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Br J Cancer 103:1822-30. 2010a fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2)-targeted adenoviral system can alter viral tropism and allow for improved transduction and reduced systemic toxicity...
- Hypoxia induces FGF2 production by vascular endothelial cells and alters MMP9 and TIMP1 expression in extravillous trophoblasts and their invasiveness in a cocultured modelJianying Luo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northern Jiangsu Province Hospital, Clinical Medical College, Yangzhou University, Jiangsu, China
J Reprod Dev 57:84-91. 2011The role of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) secretion by vascular endothelial cells during trophoblast invasion was assessed...
- Arginine vasopressin inhibition of cyclin D1 gene expression blocks the cell cycle and cell proliferation in the mouse Y1 adrenocortical tumor cell lineTelma T Schwindt
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Quimica, Universidade de São Paulo SP, 05508 900, Brazil
Biochemistry 42:2116-21. 2003..In G0/G1-arrested mouse Y1 adrenocortical tumor cells, maintained in serum-free medium (SFM), AVP mimics FGF2, promoting rapid ERK1/2 activation (5 min) followed by c-Fos protein induction (2 h)...
- Heparan sulfate proteoglycans as regulators of fibroblast growth factor-2 signaling in brain endothelial cells. Specific role for glypican-1 in glioma angiogenesisDianhua Qiao
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Clinical Sciences Center K4 850, Madison, WI 53562 8550, USA
J Biol Chem 278:16045-53. 2003Fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) is a potent angiogenic factor in gliomas. Heparan sulfate promotes ligand binding to receptor tyrosine kinase and regulates signaling...
- AP1 binding site is another target of FGF2 regulation of bone sialoprotein gene transcriptionHideki Takai
Department of Periodontology, Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, Chiba, Japan
Gene 410:97-104. 2008..We previously reported that fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) regulates BSP gene transcription via FGF2 response element (FRE) in the proximal promoter of rat BSP gene...
- Antidepressants and Fibroblast Growth FactorItalo Mocchetti; Fiscal Year: 2006..by preliminary data showing that antidepressants increase the synthesis of basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF2), a neurotrophic factor that exerts neurotrophic activity on catecholaminergic neurons and promotes neurogenesis in ..
- REGULATION OF CRANIALSUTURE MORPHOGENESISRoy Ogle; Fiscal Year: 2002..The hypotheses are that certain FGFs released from bone matrix (FGF2), the suture cells, and the dura mater (other that FGF2 or 7) diffuse to the extracellular matrix of the developing ..
- Action of Anabolic Factors on Bone Formation in MiceMarja Hurley; Fiscal Year: 2007..serum calcium and to increase bone formation in vivo are all significantly reduced in mice with disruption of the Fgf2 gene suggesting an important physiologic role for endogenous FGF-2 in some of the responses to PTH in bone...
- Action of Anabolic Factors on Bone Formation in MiceMARJA MARIE HURLEY; Fiscal Year: 2010..that in addition to its role in promoting osteoblast (OB) function and bone formation, fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) is a negative regulator of mesenchymal stem cell differentiation into mature adipocytes (AD)...
- Action of Anabolic Factors on Bone Formation in MiceMarja Hurley; Fiscal Year: 2009..that in addition to its role in promoting osteoblast (OB) function and bone formation, fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) is a negative regulator of mesenchymal stem cell differentiation into mature adipocytes (AD)...
- FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTORS IN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASESteven Cohn; Fiscal Year: 2002..expression of FGF-2, Cox-1, Cox-2, Bcl related genes, prostaglandin synthesis and apoptosis in wild-type mice and FGF2 -/- mice treated at various times following systemic treatment with anti-CD3 or in DO11...
- FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTOR CEREBRAL CORTICAL DEVELOPMENTFlora Vaccarino; Fiscal Year: 2002..Basic Fibroblast growth factor (FGF2) is expressed by cortical progenitor cells and increases their proliferation both in vitro and in vivo...
- MAP KINASE REGULATION OF OSTEOBLAST FUNCTIONRenny Franceschi; Fiscal Year: 2007..Other factors such as FGF2, IGF-1 and mechanical stimulation, known to signal through MARK, also stimulate RUNX2 phosphorylation...
- Regulation of Mandibular Condylar Cartialage GrowthRobert Hinton; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will test the hypothesis that mediators of Fgf2 and Tgf-Beta2 activity are the same in MCC and SUT, and that they differ from mediators of Fgf2 and Tgf-Beta2 ..
- REMYELINATION AND AXON INTEGRITY IN CHRONIC DEMYELINATIONRegina C Armstrong; Fiscal Year: 2010..Importantly, our preliminary data in FGF2-I- mice demonstrates that it is possible to overcome chronic lesion effects on endogenous oligodendrocyte lineage ..
- REMYELINATION AND AXON INTEGRITY IN CHRONIC DEMYELINATIONREGINA ARMSTRONG; Fiscal Year: 2007..Importantly, our preliminary data in FGF2-/- mice demonstrates that it is possible to overcome chronic lesion effects on endogenous oligodendrocyte lineage ..
- Effects of HIV PIs on CNS endothelial cells in NeuroAIDSTERESA LANGFORD; Fiscal Year: 2007..PI exposure on the CEC's ability to respond to host-derived growth factors, such as fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2), that are generated as defense mechanisms against HIV proteins _resent in the blood stream at viral rebound...
- ROLE OF FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTORS IN PROSTATE GROWTHMichael Ittmann; Fiscal Year: 2003..The investigators have shown increased expression of FGF7 and FGF2 in BPH that is correlated with epithelial and stromal proliferation, respectively...
- Mechanisms of PAI-1 Induced Anti-AngiogenesisMary J Mulligan Kehoe; Fiscal Year: 2010..Studies performed in this funding period show that rPAI-123 inhibits fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) signaling pathways and functions...
- Mechanisms of PAI-1 Induced Anti-AngiogenesisMARY MULLIGAN KEHOE; Fiscal Year: 2009..Studies performed in this funding period show that rPAI-123 inhibits fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) signaling pathways and functions...
- Somatostain & Stress-Related Genes in HIV & Comorbid Major Depressive DisorderIan Everall; Fiscal Year: 2007..data) a significant decrease in the frontal cortical gene expression of somatostatin, fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) and growth arrest and DNA-damage-inducible-beta (GADD45B), and an increase in gene expression of serum/..
- Somatostain & Stress-Related Genes in HIV & Comorbid Major Depressive DisorderIan Everall; Fiscal Year: 2006..data) a significant decrease in the frontal cortical gene expression of somatostatin, fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) and growth arrest and DNA-damage-inducible-beta (GADD45B), and an increase in gene expression of serum/..
- Mechanisms of PAI-1 Induced Anti-AngiogenesisMary J Mulligan Kehoe; Fiscal Year: 2011..Studies performed in this funding period show that rPAI-123 inhibits fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) signaling pathways and functions...
- Somatostain & Stress-Related Genes in HIV & Comorbid Major Depressive DisorderIan Paul Everall; Fiscal Year: 2010..data) a significant decrease in the frontal cortical gene expression of somatostatin, fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) and growth arrest and DNA-damage-inducible-beta (GADD45B), and an increase in gene expression of serum/..
- Roles of FGF2 and TGFbeta in cardiac hypertrophyThomas Doetschman; Fiscal Year: 2005Roles of FGF2 and TGFbeta1 in cardiac hypertrophy...
- FGF2 IN VASCULAR DISEASEMichael Reidy; Fiscal Year: 2001..to quantitate the role of a gene in vivo by directly comparing the behavior of cells which can or cannot express FGF2 or FGFR1...
- Retinal gene expression changes during oxidative damageNAEL AL ABDULLA; Fiscal Year: 2007..Expression of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) or brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) in the retina prevents hyperoxia-induced retinal degeneration...
- Identification of Sulfs as therapeutic targets for the treatment of age-impairedXingbin Ai; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aged skeletal muscle has reduced levels of FGF2 and elevated Wnts and TGF2, leading to decreased proliferation of resident stem cells (so called satellite cells) ..
- Recombinant Polymers for Systemic Cancer Gene TherapyPeter Swann; Fiscal Year: 2007..the polymeric backbone, lysine (K) residues to condense plasmid DMA, a targeting ligand (fibroblast growth factor, FGF2) for biorecognition by cancer cells, histidine (H) residues to allow escape from the endosomes, and cysteine (C) ..
- Age-Related Decrease in A-Beta Peptide Clearance Pathways: CSF and BBBConrad Johanson; Fiscal Year: 2007..kinetics of clearance of tagged Ap from the CP-CSF in aging and after flow inhibition induced by acetazolamide or FGF2, and Hi) characterize the age-modified expression of the Ap transporters, LRP-1 and the receptor for advanced ..
- Age-Related Decrease in A-Beta Peptide Clearance Pathways: CSF and BBBConrad Earl Johanson; Fiscal Year: 2010..kinetics of clearance of tagged Ap from the CP-CSF in aging and after flow inhibition induced by acetazolamide or FGF2, and Hi) characterize the age-modified expression of the Ap transporters, LRP-1 and the receptor for advanced ..
- Age-Related Decrease in A-Beta Peptide Clearance Pathways: CSF and BBBConrad Earl Johanson; Fiscal Year: 2010..kinetics of clearance of tagged Ap from the CP-CSF in aging and after flow inhibition induced by acetazolamide or FGF2, and Hi) characterize the age-modified expression of the Ap transporters, LRP-1 and the receptor for advanced ..
- Age-Related Decrease in A-Beta Peptide Clearance Pathways: CSF and BBBConrad Johanson; Fiscal Year: 2009
- Mechanistic Role of NELL-1 in Premature Suture ClosureKang Ting; Fiscal Year: 2003..CBFA1 has recently been shown to play an important role in FGFR1 induced CS. TGF-beta1 and FGF2, which affect CBFA1 expression and induce cranial suture closure, induce NELL-1 expression in FRCC cells...
- Morphogenesis and function of the cerebral cortexFlora M Vaccarino; Fiscal Year: 2010..cortical morphogenesis will be compared amongst mice lacking Fgfr2 versus mice with a combined deletion of Fgfr1, Fgf2 and Fgf3...
- HUMAN HEPATOCYTE GROWTH FACTORSWALLACE MC KEEHAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Whether FGF1 and/or FGF2 ablation in mice impacts compensatory growth of liver, cholesterol/bile acid metabolism and response to CCI4 damage ..
- GROWTH PLATE CELLULAR FUNCTION FOLLOWING RADIOTHERAPYTimothy Damron; Fiscal Year: 2007..have suggested that the potential for recovery following growth plate injury is driven by PTHrP primarily, and by FGF2 and TGF-b secondarily...