Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FGB
Description: fibrinogen beta chain
Alias: HEL-S-78p, fibrinogen beta chain, beta-fibrinogen, epididymis secretory sperm binding protein Li 78p, fibrinogen, B beta polypeptide
Publications183 found, 100 shown here
- Mannila M, Eriksson P, Lundman P, Samnegard A, Boquist S, Ericsson C, et al. Contribution of haplotypes across the fibrinogen gene cluster to variation in risk of myocardial infarction. Thromb Haemost. 2005;93:570-7 pubmed..Candidate regions in the fibrinogen gamma (FGG), alpha (FGA) and beta (FGB) genes were screened for single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs)...
- Verschuur M, de Jong M, Felida L, de Maat M, Vos H. A hepatocyte nuclear factor-3 site in the fibrinogen beta promoter is important for interleukin 6-induced expression, and its activity is influenced by the adjacent -148C/T polymorphism. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:16763-71 pubmed
- Uitte de Willige S, de Visser M, Houwing Duistermaat J, Rosendaal F, Vos H, Bertina R. Genetic variation in the fibrinogen gamma gene increases the risk for deep venous thrombosis by reducing plasma fibrinogen gamma' levels. Blood. 2005;106:4176-83 pubmedWe investigated the association between haplotypes of fibrinogen alpha (FGA), beta (FGB), and gamma (FGG), total fibrinogen levels, fibrinogen gamma' (gammaA/gamma' plus gamma'/gamma') levels, and risk for deep venous thrombosis...
- Reiner A, Carty C, Carlson C, Wan J, Rieder M, Smith J, et al. Association between patterns of nucleotide variation across the three fibrinogen genes and plasma fibrinogen levels: the Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults (CARDIA) study. J Thromb Haemost. 2006;4:1279-87 pubmed..have been limited by incomplete knowledge of genomic sequence variation within and between major ethnic groups in FGB, FGA, and FGG...
- Koch W, Hoppmann P, Biele J, Mueller J, Schomig A, Kastrati A. Fibrinogen genes and myocardial infarction: a haplotype analysis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2008;28:758-63 pubmed publisher..12). A haplotype analysis did not reveal a link between genetic variations in the fibrinogen gene region and myocardial infarction. ..
- Xu X, Li J, Sheng W, Liu L. Meta-analysis of genetic studies from journals published in China of ischemic stroke in the Han Chinese population. Cerebrovasc Dis. 2008;26:48-62 pubmed publisher..14, 95% CI = 1.01-1.35). ACE D/I, MTHFR C677T, beta-Fg -455A/G, beta-Fg -148T/C, PAI-1 4G/5G, and ApoE epsilon2-4 were associated with risk of ischemic stroke in Han Chinese. ..
- Jacquemin B, Antoniades C, Nyberg F, Plana E, Müller M, Greven S, et al. Common genetic polymorphisms and haplotypes of fibrinogen alpha, beta, and gamma chains affect fibrinogen levels and the response to proinflammatory stimulation in myocardial infarction survivors: the AIRGENE study. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008;52:941-52 pubmed publisher..nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) and haplotypes of the fibrinogen gene-cluster (fibrinogen chains alpha [FGA], beta [FGB], and gamma [FGG]) could explain the inter- and intraindividual variability of fibrinogen levels in patients with ..
- Peters A, Greven S, Heid I, Baldari F, Breitner S, Bellander T, et al. Fibrinogen genes modify the fibrinogen response to ambient particulate matter. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2009;179:484-91 pubmed publisher..City-specific estimates were pooled by meta-analysis methodology. Seven SNPs in the FGA and FGB genes shown to be associated with differences in fibrinogen levels were selected...
- Rallidis L, Gialeraki A, Fountoulaki K, Politou M, Sourides V, Travlou A, et al. G-455A polymorphism of beta-fibrinogen gene and the risk of premature myocardial infarction in Greece. Thromb Res. 2010;125:34-7 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that the presence of the G-455A polymorphism of beta-fibrinogen gene has a "protective effect" against the development of non-fatal acute MI< or =35 years of age in Greece. ..
- Sun A, Ma H, Xu D, Wang Y, Liu M, Xu L, et al. Association between -455G/A and fibrinogen in a Chinese population. Acta Cardiol. 2009;64:357-61 pubmed..The presence of -455A allele is significantly associated with higher fibrinogen in non-CHD control subjects and SAP patients but not in ACS patients while -455G/A polymorphism is not a risk factor for CHD in the Chinese population. ..
- Yang Z, Li F, Liu G, Cai W, Ling G. [The study of beta-fibrinogen gene - 455 G/A, - 148 C/T, 448 G/A polymorphisms and their association with plasma fibrinogen levels]. Zhonghua Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi. 2000;21:463-5 pubmed..The three polymorphisms loci are strong linkage disequilibrium. It suggests that beta-Fg gene - 455 G/A, - 148 C/T, 448 G/A polymorphisms are associated with plasma fibrinogen levels. ..
- Shattil S. Integrins and Src: dynamic duo of adhesion signaling. Trends Cell Biol. 2005;15:399-403 pubmed..Here, the biochemical basis for and biological significance of this integrin-SFK interaction is summarized, and I propose a general mechanism for initiation of outside-in integrin signaling. ..
- Kobayashi T, Nagata T, Murakami S, Takashiba S, Kurihara H, Izumi Y, et al. Genetic risk factors for periodontitis in a Japanese population. J Dent Res. 2009;88:1137-41 pubmed publisher..002). These results suggest that none of the polymorphisms tested was strongly associated with periodontitis in a Japanese population. However, the vitamin D receptor +1056 polymorphism may be related to chronic periodontitis. ..
- Musino L, Rossi R, Partenza A, Mureddu G, Zinellu A, Pilo P, et al. Hemostatic gene polymorphisms in young Sardinian with non-fatal acute myocardial infarction. Front Biosci (Elite Ed). 2010;2:559-65 pubmed..We therefore conclude that among all the investigated polymorphisms only the 5709G and eNOS4a alleles seem to confer protection against MI in the young age of Sardinian people. ..
- Asselta R, PlatÃ¨ M, Robusto M, Borhany M, Guella I, SoldÃ G, et al. Clinical and molecular characterisation of 21 patients affected by quantitative fibrinogen deficiency. Thromb Haemost. 2015;113:567-76 pubmed publisher..hexamer consisting of two sets of three different polypeptide chains (AÎ±, BÎ², and Î³, encoded by the FGA, FGB, and FGG gene, respectively)...
- Folsom A, Aleksic N, Ahn C, Boerwinkle E, Wu K. Beta-fibrinogen gene -455G/A polymorphism and coronary heart disease incidence: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) Study. Ann Epidemiol. 2001;11:166-70 pubmed..However, there was no significant association between -455G/A and incident CHD. Although a small effect cannot be excluded, -455G/A does not appear to be an important genetic determinant of CHD. ..
- Fu Y, Wei X, Ni P, Ying Y, Song Y, Chen S. [The relationship between the five beta-fibrinogen gene polymorphisms and cerebral infarction]. Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi. 2005;44:914-7 pubmed..05). Cerebral infarction is a multifactorial disease and an increased Fg level is a risk factor for cerebral infarction. T-148 and A-455 allele can lead to elevated Fg concentration. ..
- Lu X, Yu H, Zhou X, Wang L, Huang J, Gu D. Influence of fibrinogen beta-chain gene variations on risk of myocardial infarction in a Chinese Han population. Chin Med J (Engl). 2008;121:1549-53 pubmed..study was conducted to elucidate the association between the genetic polymorphisms of the fibrinogen beta-chain (FGB) gene and MI in Chinese Han population. The occurrence of 3 common polymorphisms (i.e...
- Ait Goughoulte M, Banerjee A, Meyer K, Mazumdar B, Saito K, Ray R, et al. Hepatitis C virus core protein interacts with fibrinogen-beta and attenuates cytokine stimulated acute-phase response. Hepatology. 2010;51:1505-13 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggested a network of interactions between HCV core and the hepatic APR genes, and may contribute to impaired innate immunity for viral persistence. ..
- Williams S, Hsu F, Keene K, Chen W, Nelson S, Southerland A, et al. Shared genetic susceptibility of vascular-related biomarkers with ischemic and recurrent stroke. Neurology. 2016;86:351-9 pubmed publisher..We replicated previously identified associations of fibrinogen with SNPs in the FGB and LEPR loci...
- Bi S, Wang D, Li G, Wen S, Pan S. Beta-fibrinogen promoter -455 G/A (HaeIII) polymorphism prediction of plasma fibrinogen but not of ischemic cerebrovascular disease. Chin Med Sci J. 2004;19:1-5 pubmed..Although a small effect cannot be excluded, beta-fibrinogen gene -455 G/A polymorphism is an independent predictor of plasma fibrinogen, but not of ischemic cerebrovascular disease. ..
- Maumus S, Marie B, Vincent Viry M, Siest G, Visvikis Siest S. Analysis of the effect of multiple genetic variants of cardiovascular disease risk on insulin concentration variability in healthy adults of the STANISLAS cohort. The role of FGB-455 G/A polymorphism. Atherosclerosis. 2007;191:369-76 pubmed..After a series of regression analyses involving 34 polymorphisms, FGB -455G/A was the only polymorphism that remained significantly associated with FIC when adjusting the analyses for ..
- Funami J, Hayashi T, Nomura H, Ding Q, Ishitsuka Watanabe A, Matsui Hirai H, et al. Clinical factors such as B-type natriuretic peptide link to factor VII, endothelial NO synthase and estrogen receptor alpha polymorphism in elderly women. Life Sci. 2009;85:316-21 pubmed publisher..SNPs may be helpful for understanding the pathophysiology of atherosclerotic diseases in elderly women. ..
- Zhu L, Zhao M, Wang M, Lou Z, Chen X, Pan L, et al. Congenital hypodysfibrinogenemia associated with a novel deletion of three residues (?Ala289_Asp291del) in fibrinogen. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2018;46:211-218 pubmed publisher..All the exons and exon-intron boundaries of fibrinogen genes (FGA, FGB and FGG) were analysed by direct DNA sequencing...
- Zhang X, Luo T. Association between the FGB gene polymorphism and ischemic stroke: a meta-analysis. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:1741-7 pubmed publisherTo clarify the relationship between the Î²-fibrinogen (FGB) genetic polymorphism (-148C>T) and ischemic stroke, we identified studies by searching PubMed, EMBASE, and the Chinese National Knowledge Infrastructure (CKNI) databases...
- Carmi O, Witt C, Jaramillo A, Dumbacher J. Phylogeography of the Vermilion Flycatcher species complex: Multiple speciation events, shifts in migratory behavior, and an apparent extinction of a Galápagos-endemic bird species. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2016;102:152-73 pubmed publisher..10 subspecies and three outgroup taxa using mitochondrial (ND2, Cyt b) and nuclear loci (ODC introns 6 through 7, FGB intron 5)...
- Rubattu S, Di Angelantonio E, Nitsch D, Gigante B, Zanda B, Stanzione R, et al. Polymorphisms in prothrombotic genes and their impact on ischemic stroke in a Sardinian population. Thromb Haemost. 2005;93:1095-100 pubmed..66, 95% CI 1.06-2.58, P=0.026) on IS occurrence. In summary, we describe evidence for a possible direct association of FVII gene molecular variants with the occurrence of IS in a genetically homogenous human sample. ..
- Ben Assayag E, Bova I, Berliner S, Peretz H, Usher S, Shapira I, et al. Gender differences in the expression of erythrocyte aggregation in relation to B beta-fibrinogen gene polymorphisms in apparently healthy individuals. Thromb Haemost. 2006;95:428-33 pubmed..Putative mechanism could be hyperfibrinogenemia and a functional change in the fibrinogen molecule that alters its ability to interact with red blood cells and supports the aggregability of these cells. ..
- Davis R, Brennan S. Fibrinogen Tolaga Bay: a novel gammaAla341Val mutation causing hypofibrinogenaemia. Thromb Haemost. 2007;98:1136-8 pubmed
- Tsantes A, Tsangaris I, Bonovas S, Kopterides P, Rapti E, Dimopoulou I, et al. The effect of four hemostatic gene polymorphisms on the outcome of septic critically ill patients. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2010;21:175-81 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the importance of these hemostatic polymorphisms as predictors of the prognosis of sepsis in critically ill patients is probably very small. ..
- Lynch A, Boerwinkle E, Davis B, Ford C, Eckfeldt J, Leiendecker Foster C, et al. Antihypertensive pharmacogenetic effect of fibrinogen-beta variant -455G>A on cardiovascular disease, end-stage renal disease, and mortality: the GenHAT study. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2009;19:415-21 pubmed publisherThe FGB gene codes for fibrinogen-beta, a polypeptide of the coagulation factor fibrinogen, which is positively associated with cardiovascular diseases...
- Mauldin M, Haynie M, Hanson J, Baker R, Bradley R. Multilocus Characterization of a Woodrat (Genus Neotoma) Hybrid Zone. J Hered. 2014;105:466-476 pubmed..introns (intron 2 of the vertebrate alcohol dehydrogenase gene [Adh1-I2] and intron 7 of the beta-fibrinogen gene [Fgb-I7]) were used to develop a composite genotype for each individual and for detection of hybridization...
- Nicodeme E, Nicaud M, Issandou M. Retinoids stimulate fibrinogen production both in vitro (hepatocytes) and in vivo. Induction requires activation of the retinoid X receptor. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1995;15:1660-7 pubmed..A comparable increase was observed for both de novo fibrinogen synthesis and fibrinogen beta chain mRNA level...
- Klose R, Fresser F, Kochl S, Parson W, Kapetanopoulos A, Fruchart Najib J, et al. Mapping of a minimal apolipoprotein(a) interaction motif conserved in fibrin(ogen) beta - and gamma -chains. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:38206-12 pubmed..This confirmed the lysine binding sites in kringle IV type 10 of apo(a) as the major fibrin(ogen) binding site but also demonstrated lysine-independent interactions. ..
- de Maat M, Madsen J, Langdahl B, Bladbjerg E, Tofteng C, Abrahamsen B, et al. Genetic variation in estrogen receptor, C-reactive protein and fibrinogen does not predict the plasma levels of inflammation markers after longterm hormone replacement therapy. Thromb Haemost. 2007;97:234-9 pubmed..The effect of HRT, smoking and genetic variations in ESR1 (PvuII and XbaI), CRP (1444C/T) and fibrinogen-beta (FGB, -455G/A) were determined. The plasma concentration of CRP was higher in the HRT group than in the control group (2...
- Xu K, Guo S, Zhao T, Zhu H, Jiao H, Shi Q, et al. Transcriptome Analysis of HepG2 Cells Expressing ORF3 from Swine Hepatitis E Virus to Determine the Effects of ORF3 on Host Cells. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:1648030 pubmed publisher..in the established ORF3-expressing HepG2 cells, the mRNA levels of CLDN6, YLPM1, APOC3, NLRP1, SCARA3, FGA, FGG, FGB, and FREM1 were upregulated, whereas the mRNA levels of SLC2A3, DKK1, BPIFB2, and PTGR1 were downregulated...
- CronjÃ© H, Nienaber Rousseau C, Zandberg L, Chikowore T, de Lange Z, van Zyl T, et al. Candidate gene analysis of the fibrinogen phenotype reveals the importance of polygenic co-regulation. Matrix Biol. 2017;60-61:16-26 pubmed publisher..Seventy-eight SNPs spanning the APOB, APOE, CBS, CRP, F13A1, FGA, FGB, FGG, LDL-R, MTHFR, MTR, PCSK-9 and SERPINE-1 genes were included in the final analysis...
- Doggen C, Bertina R, Cats V, Rosendaal F. Fibrinogen polymorphisms are not associated with the risk of myocardial infarction. Br J Haematol. 2000;110:935-8 pubmed..This is evidence against a causal role for fibrinogen levels in the aetiology of myocardial infarction. ..
- Gao X, Yang H, ZhiPing T. Association studies of genetic polymorphism, environmental factors and their interaction in ischemic stroke. Neurosci Lett. 2006;398:172-7 pubmed..E (ApoE) gene polymorphism, methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) gene 677C/T polymorphism, and beta fibrinogen (Fgbeta) gene 148C/T polymorphism were analyzed in 100 patients and 100 matched controls...
- Suntharalingam J, Goldsmith K, Van Marion V, Long L, Treacy C, Dudbridge F, et al. Fibrinogen Aalpha Thr312Ala polymorphism is associated with chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Eur Respir J. 2008;31:736-41 pubmed..An association between this polymorphism and chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension, therefore, supports an embolic aetiology for this disease, and may provide a mechanism by which thrombus persists following an acute event. ..
- Everse S, Spraggon G, Veerapandian L, Riley M, Doolittle R. Crystal structure of fragment double-D from human fibrin with two different bound ligands. Biochemistry. 1998;37:8637-42 pubmed..Additionally, we have found that the beta-chain domain, like its gamma-chain counterpart, binds calcium. ..
- Davis R, Baker B, Brennan S. Fibrinogen Foxton: a novel BbetaA277V mutation causing low normal plasma fibrinogen concentration. Thromb Haemost. 2008;100:708-10 pubmed
- Walker J, Crosby H, Spaulding A, Salgado Pabon W, Malone C, Rosenthal C, et al. The Staphylococcus aureus ArlRS two-component system is a novel regulator of agglutination and pathogenesis. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003819 pubmed publisher..Altogether, we have discovered that the ArlRS system controls a novel mechanism through which S. aureus regulates agglutination and pathogenesis. ..
- Liu A, Tanaka N, Sun L, Guo B, Kim J, Krausz K, et al. Saikosaponin d protects against acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity by inhibiting NF-ÎºB and STAT3 signaling. Chem Biol Interact. 2014;223:80-6 pubmed publisher..target genes of NF-ÎºB, such as pro-inflammatory cytokine Il6 and Ccl2, and those of STAT3, such as Socs3, Fga, Fgb and Fgg. SSd also enhanced the expression of the anti-inflammatory cytokine Il10 mRNA...
- Liu Y, Pan J, Wang S, Li X, Huang Y. beta-fibrinogen gene -455A/G polymorphism and plasma fibrinogen level in Chinese stroke patients. Chin Med J (Engl). 2002;115:214-6 pubmed..05). In the female elderly groups, this tendency was not found. Plasma fibrinogen expression is affected by the beta-fibrinogen gene -455A/G polymorphism, and the H2 allele may be a risk factor for ischemic stroke in Chinese males. ..
- Adams G, Snieder H, McKie V, Clair B, Brambilla D, Adams R, et al. Genetic risk factors for cerebrovascular disease in children with sickle cell disease: design of a case-control association study and genomewide screen. BMC Med Genet. 2003;4:6 pubmed..The genomewide screen for a large number of SNPs may uncover the association of novel polymorphisms with cerebrovascular disease and stroke in sickle cell disease. ..
- Sauls D, Lockhart E, Warren M, Lenkowski A, Wilhelm S, Hoffman M. Modification of fibrinogen by homocysteine thiolactone increases resistance to fibrinolysis: a potential mechanism of the thrombotic tendency in hyperhomocysteinemia. Biochemistry. 2006;45:2480-7 pubmed..We hypothesize that the modification of lysine by Hcys thiolactone might occur in vivo, lead to abnormal resistance of clots to lysis, and thereby contribute to the prothrombotic state associated with homocysteinemia. ..
- Fritsch P, Kleber M, Rosenkranz A, Fritsch M, Muntean W, Mangge H, et al. Haemostatic alterations in overweight children: associations between metabolic syndrome, thrombin generation, and fibrinogen levels. Atherosclerosis. 2010;212:650-5 pubmed publisher..Longitudinal studies are needed to confirm these findings. ..
- Kathiresan S, Yang Q, Larson M, Camargo A, Tofler G, Hirschhorn J, et al. Common genetic variation in five thrombosis genes and relations to plasma hemostatic protein level and cardiovascular disease risk. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2006;26:1405-12 pubmed..In a reference panel, we characterized LD structure at the fibrinogen gene cluster (fibrinogen-beta[FGB], FGA, and FGG), factor VII (F7), and tissue plasminogen activator (PLAT) loci...
- Keenan J, Solum N. Quantitative studies on the release of platelet fibrinogen by thrombin. Br J Haematol. 1972;23:461-6 pubmed
- Gardiner E, D Souza S. A mitogenic action for fibrinogen mediated through intercellular adhesion molecule-1. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:15474-80 pubmed..These results indicate that interaction between discrete sequences within ICAM-1 and fibrinogen result in cellular proliferation. ..
- Herrick S, Blanc Brude O, Gray A, Laurent G. Fibrinogen. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 1999;31:741-6 pubmed
- Lippi G, Veraldi G, Fraccaroli M, Manzato F, Cordiano C, Guidi G. Variation of plasma D-dimer following surgery: implications for prediction of postoperative venous thromboembolism. Clin Exp Med. 2001;1:161-4 pubmed
- Scott E, Ariens R, Grant P. Genetic and environmental determinants of fibrin structure and function: relevance to clinical disease. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2004;24:1558-66 pubmed..This review discusses how genetic and environmental factors alter fibrin structure and function and the implications this has for the clinical presentation of vascular disease. ..
- van der Krabben M, Rosendaal F, van der Bom J, Doggen C. Polymorphisms in coagulation factors and the risk of recurrent cardiovascular events in men after a first myocardial infarction. J Thromb Haemost. 2008;6:720-5 pubmed publisher..8 (95% confidence interval 0.8-4.1). These findings suggest that there is no association between coagulation factor polymorphisms, previously associated with plasma levels, and the risk of recurrent cardiovascular events. ..
- Suzuki T, Shimada H, Nanami T, Oshima Y, Yajima S, Washizawa N, et al. Prognostic significance of hyperfibrinogenemia in patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Int J Clin Oncol. 2017;22:461-468 pubmed publisher..The absence of a decrease in plasma fibrinogen levels after surgical treatment may indicate the possibility of tumor recurrence. ..
- Pongrácz E, Tordai A, Csornai M, Nagy Z. [Genetics of blood coagulation in young stroke patients]. Ideggyogy Sz. 2002;55:111-7 pubmed..prothrombin gene G20210A, Factor V Leiden mutation, ACE I/D, methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) and beta fibrinogen gene G455A. These data were acquired using PCR...
- Cheng S, Zhao Y, Zeng J, Chen X, Wang R. A polymorphism (-455G>A) in the Î²-fibrinogen gene is associated with an increased risk of cerebral infarction in the Chinese population: A meta-analysis. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst. 2015;16:399-408 pubmed publisher..97, 95%CI: 0.84-1.13, p=0.73, respectively]. The results of our meta-analysis indicate that the -455 G>A polymorphism in the Î²-fibrinogen gene is a susceptibility marker of ischemic cerebral infarction in the Chinese population. ..
- Brillen A, Schöneweis K, Walotka L, Hartmann L, Muller L, Ptok J, et al. Succession of splicing regulatory elements determines cryptic 5?ss functionality. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:4202-4216 pubmed publisher..As a model for 5?ss recognition, we investigated cryptic 5?ss selection within the human fibrinogen B?-chain gene (FGB) exon 7, where we identified several exonic SREs that simultaneously acted on up- and downstream cryptic 5?ss...
- Hugenholtz G, Macrae F, Adelmeijer J, Dulfer S, Porte R, Lisman T, et al. Procoagulant changes in fibrin clot structure in patients with cirrhosis are associated with oxidative modifications of fibrinogen. J Thromb Haemost. 2016;14:1054-66 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings are indicative of hypercoagulable features of clots of patients with cirrhosis, which may explain the increased risk of thrombosis associated with this condition. ..
- Choumerianou D, Maumus S, Skoumas J, Pitsavos C, Stefanadis C, Visvikis Siest S, et al. Polymorphisms associated with apolipoprotein B levels in Greek patients with familial hypercholesterolemia. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2006;44:799-806 pubmed..Ser311Cys, lipoprotein lipase (LPL) Asn291Ser, plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) T11053G, beta-fibrinogen (FGB) -455 G>A and nitric oxide synthase gene (NOS) -922 A>G polymorphisms in 84 patients with FH...
- Swellam M, Sayed Mahmoud And M, Abdel Fatah Ali A. Clinical implications of adiponectin and inflammatory biomarkers in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Dis Markers. 2009;27:269-78 pubmed publisher..Elevated levels of CRP and fibrinogen and reduced level of adiponectin can be used for early diagnosis of T2DM and can predict diabetic complications. ..
- Hong L, Li X, Luo S, Guo Y, Zhu C, Qing P, et al. Association of fibrinogen with severity of stable coronary artery disease in patients with type 2 diabetic mellitus. Dis Markers. 2014;2014:485687 pubmed publisher..The present data indicated that plasma fibrinogen, a readily measurable systematic inflammatory marker, appeared to be an independent predictor for the severity of CAD in diabetic patients. ..
- Bin Q, Liang F, Ou D, Cui H, Luo J. Two symptomatic cases of dysfibrinogenemia in China: one with gamma-chain Arg275Cys mutation and another without detectable mutation in fibrinogen genes. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2015;26:564-71 pubmed publisher..Fibrinogen genes, including FGA, FGB and FGG of all participants were PCR-amplified, followed by direct sequencing...
- Gray A, Park P, Broekelmann T, Laurent G, Reeves J, Stenmark K, et al. The mitogenic effects of the B beta chain of fibrinogen are mediated through cell surface calreticulin. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:26602-6 pubmed..The present study has shown that cell surface calreticulin binds to the B beta chain of fibrinogen mediating its mitogenic activity. ..
- de Vries P, Chasman D, Sabater Lleal M, Chen M, Huffman J, Steri M, et al. A meta-analysis of 120 246 individuals identifies 18 new loci for fibrinogen concentration. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:358-70 pubmed publisher..We further identified six additional independent signals, including three rare variants, at two previously characterized loci: FGB and IRF1. Together the 41 loci explain 3% of the variance in plasma fibrinogen concentration.
- Casini A, Vilar R, Beauverd Y, Aslan D, Devreese K, Mondelaers V, et al. Protein modelling to understand FGB mutations leading to congenital hypofibrinogenaemia. Haemophilia. 2017;23:583-589 pubmed publisher..The human fibrinogen beta chain precursor protein sequence (P02675) was obtained from the UniProt database...
- Wu T, Lin Y, Huang Y, Cheng Y, Yu F, Liu B. Disruption of liver development and coagulation pathway by ochratoxin A in embryonic zebrafish. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2018;340:1-8 pubmed publisher..In vitro analysis with zebrafish liver (ZFL) cells indicated that OTA blocked the expression of f7, fgb and liver markers...
- Watt K, Takagi T, Doolittle R. Amino acid sequence of the beta chain of human fibrinogen. Biochemistry. 1979;18:68-76 pubmed..Neither of these chains appears to be homologous with the alpha chain in these regions. With a few minor exceptions, the sequence reported in this article is in agreement with data reported by other groups in Stockholm and Munich. ..
- Hayashi S. Urinary protein C inhibitor binding region in the B beta-chain of human fibrinogen. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 1993;4:921-6 pubmed..It is concluded that the urinary PCI-binding region to the B beta-chain resides in the sequence of Ala110 to Glu192-Glu210. ..
- Lounes K, Lefkowitz J, Henschen Edman A, Coates A, Hantgan R, Lord S. The impaired polymerization of fibrinogen Longmont (Bbeta166Arg-->Cys) is not improved by removal of disulfide-linked dimers from a mixture of dimers and cysteine-linked monomers. Blood. 2001;98:661-6 pubmed..Therefore, it is concluded that the substitution of Arg166-->Cys-Cys alters fibrinogen Longmont polymerization by disrupting interactions that are critical for normal lateral association of protofibrils. (Blood. 2001;98:661-666) ..
- Bozic M, Teran N, Peterlin B, Stegnar M. Fibrinogen polymorphisms TaqI, HaeIII and BclI are not associated with a higher risk of deep vein thrombosis. Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb. 2003;33:164-9 pubmed..It was concluded from these data that the polymorphisms TaqI, HaeIII and BclI are not major risk factors for DVT. ..
- Sun H, Lu F, Tian Q, Wen P, Wu F, Wang X. [Relationship between fibrinogen B beta gene FGB -455G/A polymorphism and atherosclerotic cerebral infarction]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2004;21:382-5 pubmedTo explore the distribution of fibrinogen (FGB) B beta polymorphism in Chinese Han population and the association of the polymorphisms with the occurrence of atherosclerotic cerebral infarction (ACI)...
- Haas J, Beer A, Widschwendter P, Oberdanner J, Salzmann K, Sarg B, et al. LRP1b shows restricted expression in human tissues and binds to several extracellular ligands, including fibrinogen and apoE-carrying lipoproteins. Atherosclerosis. 2011;216:342-7 pubmed publisher..Most of the newly identified LRP1b ligands are well-known factors in blood coagulation and lipoprotein metabolism, suggesting a possible role of LRP1b in atherosclerosis. ..
- Lominadze D, Tsakadze N, Sen U, Falcone J, D Souza S. Fibrinogen and fragment D-induced vascular constriction. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2005;288:H1257-64 pubmed..These results indicate that binding of Fg and fragment D to the vascular wall through ICAM-1 may contribute to the increased vascular tone and resistance that compromise circulation...
- Biswas A, Tiwari A, Ranjan R, Meena A, Akhter M, Yadav B, et al. Prothrombotic polymorphisms, mutations, and their association with pediatric non-cardioembolic stroke in Asian-Indian patients. Ann Hematol. 2009;88:473-8 pubmed publisher..0001, O.R: 10.06(4.26-23.71)]. Polymorphisms in HPA-I and MTHFR may have important predisposing roles in the development of pediatric stroke. ..
- Soya K, Terasawa F, Okumura N. Fibrinopeptide A release is necessary for effective B:b interactions in polymerisation of variant fibrinogens with impaired A:a interactions. Thromb Haemost. 2013;109:221-8 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that FpA release per se is necessary for effective B:b interactions during polymerisation of variant fibrinogens with impaired A:a interactions. ..
- Asselta R, Robusto M, Braidotti P, Peyvandi F, Nastasio S, D Antiga L, et al. Hepatic fibrinogen storage disease: identification of two novel mutations (p.Asp316Asn, fibrinogen Pisa and p.Gly366Ser, fibrinogen Beograd) impacting on the fibrinogen Î³-module. J Thromb Haemost. 2015;13:1459-67 pubmed publisher..Their genetic basis is invariably represented by mutations within the fibrinogen genes (FGA, FGB and FGG coding for the AÎ±, BÎ² and Î³ chains). Currently, only four mutations (p.Gly284Arg, p...
- Tran H, Tanaka A, Litvinovich S, Medved L, Haudenschild C, Argraves W. The interaction of fibulin-1 with fibrinogen. A potential role in hemostasis and thrombosis. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:19458-64 pubmed..The interaction between fibulin-1 and Fg highlights potential new roles for fibulin-1 in hemostasis as well as thrombosis. ..
- Chung Y, Kruyer A, Yao Y, Feierman E, Richards A, Strickland S, et al. Hyperhomocysteinemia exacerbates Alzheimer's disease pathology by way of the Î²-amyloid fibrinogen interaction. J Thromb Haemost. 2016;14:1442-52 pubmed publisher..Conclusions These findings suggest that elevated levels of plasma HC/HCTL contribute to AD pathology via the AÎ²-fibrin(ogen) interaction. ..
- Liu Y, Berthier Schaad Y, Fink N, Fallin M, Tracy R, Klag M, et al. Beta-fibrinogen haplotypes and the risk for cardiovascular disease in a dialysis cohort. Am J Kidney Dis. 2005;46:78-85 pubmed..We tested the hypothesis that genetic variation in the beta-fibrinogen ( FGB ) gene, shown to explain 1% to 5% of fibrinogen level variation in the general population, has an important role in ..
- Hidalgo A, Salazar Sanchez L, Cartin M, Mendez M, Arauz J, Parajeles A. Prevalence of the fibrinogen beta-chain, angiotensin-converting enzyme and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 polymorphisms in Costa Rican young adults with thrombotic disease. Cell Biochem Funct. 2010;28:367-73 pubmed publisher..05). For the ACE polymorphism, the I allele present a protective effect in the general thrombotic group. This is one of the first reports in a Latin-American population dealing with these molecular markers and thrombotic diseases. ..
- Gao J, Wang H, Wu N, Zhang S. [Relationship between fibrinogen Bß-148C/T polymorphism and coronary artery lesions in children with Kawasaki disease]. Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi. 2010;12:518-20 pubmed..Plasma fibrinogen levels and fibrinogen Bbeta-148C/T polymorphism are associated with coronary artery lesions in children with Kawasaki disease. ..
- Tamura T, Arai S, Nagaya H, Mizuguchi J, Wada I. Stepwise assembly of fibrinogen is assisted by the endoplasmic reticulum lectin-chaperone system in HepG2 cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74580 pubmed publisher..This study provides a novel insight into the assembly of most abundant multi-subunit secretory proteins. ..
- Fu Y, Zhang J, Redman C, Grieninger G. Formation of the human fibrinogen subclass fib420: disulfide bonds and glycosylation in its unique (alphaE chain) domains. Blood. 1998;92:3302-8 pubmed
- Mimuro J, Hamano A, Tanaka T, Madoiwa K, Sugo T, Matsuda M, et al. Hypofibrinogenemia caused by a nonsense mutation in the fibrinogen Bbeta chain gene. J Thromb Haemost. 2003;1:2356-9 pubmed..These data indicated that the nonsense mutation of the fibrinogen Bbeta chain gene caused a truncated fibrinogen Bbeta chain, which may not be assembled in the fibrinogen molecule. ..