Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FGB
Description: fibrinogen beta chain
Alias: HEL-S-78p, fibrinogen beta chain, beta-fibrinogen, epididymis secretory sperm binding protein Li 78p, fibrinogen, B beta polypeptide
Publications234 found, 100 shown here
- Mannila M, Eriksson P, Lundman P, Samnegard A, Boquist S, Ericsson C, et al. Contribution of haplotypes across the fibrinogen gene cluster to variation in risk of myocardial infarction. Thromb Haemost. 2005;93:570-7 pubmed..Candidate regions in the fibrinogen gamma (FGG), alpha (FGA) and beta (FGB) genes were screened for single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs)...
- Verschuur M, de Jong M, Felida L, de Maat M, Vos H. A hepatocyte nuclear factor-3 site in the fibrinogen beta promoter is important for interleukin 6-induced expression, and its activity is influenced by the adjacent -148C/T polymorphism. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:16763-71 pubmed
- Uitte de Willige S, de Visser M, Houwing Duistermaat J, Rosendaal F, Vos H, Bertina R. Genetic variation in the fibrinogen gamma gene increases the risk for deep venous thrombosis by reducing plasma fibrinogen gamma' levels. Blood. 2005;106:4176-83 pubmedWe investigated the association between haplotypes of fibrinogen alpha (FGA), beta (FGB), and gamma (FGG), total fibrinogen levels, fibrinogen gamma' (gammaA/gamma' plus gamma'/gamma') levels, and risk for deep venous thrombosis...
- Reiner A, Carty C, Carlson C, Wan J, Rieder M, Smith J, et al. Association between patterns of nucleotide variation across the three fibrinogen genes and plasma fibrinogen levels: the Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults (CARDIA) study. J Thromb Haemost. 2006;4:1279-87 pubmed..have been limited by incomplete knowledge of genomic sequence variation within and between major ethnic groups in FGB, FGA, and FGG...
- Koch W, Hoppmann P, Biele J, Mueller J, Schomig A, Kastrati A. Fibrinogen genes and myocardial infarction: a haplotype analysis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2008;28:758-63 pubmed publisher..12). A haplotype analysis did not reveal a link between genetic variations in the fibrinogen gene region and myocardial infarction. ..
- Xu X, Li J, Sheng W, Liu L. Meta-analysis of genetic studies from journals published in China of ischemic stroke in the Han Chinese population. Cerebrovasc Dis. 2008;26:48-62 pubmed publisher..14, 95% CI = 1.01-1.35). ACE D/I, MTHFR C677T, beta-Fg -455A/G, beta-Fg -148T/C, PAI-1 4G/5G, and ApoE epsilon2-4 were associated with risk of ischemic stroke in Han Chinese. ..
- Jacquemin B, Antoniades C, Nyberg F, Plana E, Müller M, Greven S, et al. Common genetic polymorphisms and haplotypes of fibrinogen alpha, beta, and gamma chains affect fibrinogen levels and the response to proinflammatory stimulation in myocardial infarction survivors: the AIRGENE study. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008;52:941-52 pubmed publisher..nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) and haplotypes of the fibrinogen gene-cluster (fibrinogen chains alpha [FGA], beta [FGB], and gamma [FGG]) could explain the inter- and intraindividual variability of fibrinogen levels in patients with ..
- Peters A, Greven S, Heid I, Baldari F, Breitner S, Bellander T, et al. Fibrinogen genes modify the fibrinogen response to ambient particulate matter. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2009;179:484-91 pubmed publisher..City-specific estimates were pooled by meta-analysis methodology. Seven SNPs in the FGA and FGB genes shown to be associated with differences in fibrinogen levels were selected...
- Rallidis L, Gialeraki A, Fountoulaki K, Politou M, Sourides V, Travlou A, et al. G-455A polymorphism of beta-fibrinogen gene and the risk of premature myocardial infarction in Greece. Thromb Res. 2010;125:34-7 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that the presence of the G-455A polymorphism of beta-fibrinogen gene has a "protective effect" against the development of non-fatal acute MI< or =35 years of age in Greece. ..
- Sun A, Ma H, Xu D, Wang Y, Liu M, Xu L, et al. Association between -455G/A and fibrinogen in a Chinese population. Acta Cardiol. 2009;64:357-61 pubmed..The presence of -455A allele is significantly associated with higher fibrinogen in non-CHD control subjects and SAP patients but not in ACS patients while -455G/A polymorphism is not a risk factor for CHD in the Chinese population. ..
- Hanss M, Chevreaud C, French P, Negrier C, De Mazancourt P. Clinical and biological features of 3 cases of hypofibrinogenemia associated with three different mutations (gamma Ala341Thr, Bbeta Tyr326Cys and Aalpha Asp496Asn). Thromb Haemost. 2007;98:689-91 pubmed
- Tibana R, de Sousa N, Cunha G, Prestes J, Fett C, Gabbett T, et al. Validity of Session Rating Perceived Exertion Method for Quantifying Internal Training Load during High-Intensity Functional Training. Sports (Basel). 2018;6: pubmed publisher..1 ± 4.0 cm, body mass 81.1 ± 9.0 kg) were monitored during two common HIFT training sessions: Fight Gone Bad (FGB) and Fran. The Edwards summated heart-rate-zone method was used as a reference measure of internal training load...
- Duga S, Asselta R, Santagostino E, Zeinali S, Simonic T, Malcovati M, et al. Missense mutations in the human beta fibrinogen gene cause congenital afibrinogenemia by impairing fibrinogen secretion. Blood. 2000;95:1336-41 pubmed..These findings demonstrated that missense mutations in the Bbeta fibrinogen gene could cause congenital afibrinogenemia by impairing fibrinogen secretion. (Blood. 2000;95:1336-1341) ..
- Laasanen J, Hiltunen M, Punnonen K, Mannermaa A, Heinonen S. Fibrinogen and factor VII promoter polymorphisms in women with preeclampsia. Obstet Gynecol. 2002;100:317-20 pubmed
- Chen X, Xu M, Zhou W, Han C, Chen W. A meta-analysis of relationship between beta-fibrinogen gene -148C/T polymorphism and susceptibility to cerebral infarction in Han Chinese. Chin Med J (Engl). 2007;120:1198-202 pubmed..To reach a definitive conclusion, further gene to gene and gene to environment interactions studies on beta-fibrinogen polymorphisms and cerebral infarction with large sample size are required. ..
- Moriarty R, McManus C, Lambert M, Tilley T, Devocelle M, Brennan M, et al. A novel role for the fibrinogen Asn-Gly-Arg (NGR) motif in platelet function. Thromb Haemost. 2015;113:290-304 pubmed publisher..Thus, the NGR motif in fibrinogen is the site that is primarily responsible for the interaction with resting Î±IIbÎ²3 and is responsible for triggering platelet activation. ..
- Naeem A, Bhat S, Iram A, Khan R. Aggregation of intrinsically disordered fibrinogen as the influence of backbone conformation. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2016;603:38-47 pubmed publisher..The discrepancy of the secondary structures on aggregation is proposed to stem from the disparity in the nature of the hydrogen bonds and packing of hydrophobic residues of the side chains in the Î²-sheet and Î±-helix conformation. ..
- Carlson C, Heagerty P, Nord A, Pritchard D, Ranchalis J, Boguch J, et al. TagSNP evaluation for the association of 42 inflammation loci and vascular disease: evidence of IL6, FGB, ALOX5, NFKBIA, and IL4R loci effects. Hum Genet. 2007;121:65-75 pubmed..We confirm the association of IL6(-174), FGB (-455), and ALOX5 with CAAD and show that multiple ALOX5 SNPs independently predict CAAD...
- Ajjan R, Lim B, Standeven K, Harrand R, Dolling S, Phoenix F, et al. Common variation in the C-terminal region of the fibrinogen beta-chain: effects on fibrin structure, fibrinolysis and clot rigidity. Blood. 2008;111:643-50 pubmed..Fibrinogen BbetaArg448Lys is a primary example of common genetic variation with a significant phenotypic effect at the molecular level. ..
- Yanbaeva D, Dentener M, Spruit M, Houwing Duistermaat J, Kotz D, Passos V, et al. IL6 and CRP haplotypes are associated with COPD risk and systemic inflammation: a case-control study. BMC Med Genet. 2009;10:23 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to examine the association between haplotypes of CRP, IL6 and FGB genes, systemic inflammation, COPD risk and COPD-related phenotypes (respiratory impairment, exercise capacity and ..
- Snir A, Brenner B, Paz B, Ohel G, Lanir N. The role of fibrin matrices and tissue factor in early-term trophoblast proliferation and spreading. Thromb Res. 2013;132:477-83 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate fibrin importance for placental repair and may partly explain poor pregnancy outcome associated with certain fibrinogen/fibrin abnormalities and FXIII deficiency. ..
- Palhais B, Dembic M, Sabaratnam R, Nielsen K, Doktor T, Bruun G, et al. The prevalent deep intronic c. 639+919 G>A GLA mutation causes pseudoexon activation and Fabry disease by abolishing the binding of hnRNPA1 and hnRNP A2/B1 to a splicing silencer. Mol Genet Metab. 2016;119:258-269 pubmed publisher..that the wild-type GLA 5'ss motif with the ESS is also able to inhibit inclusion of an unrelated pseudoexon in the FGB gene, and that also in the FGB context inactivation of the ESS by the c...
- Monraats P, Rana J, Zwinderman A, de Maat M, Kastelein J, Agema W, et al. -455G/A polymorphism and preprocedural plasma levels of fibrinogen show no association with the risk of clinical restenosis in patients with coronary stent placement. Thromb Haemost. 2005;93:564-9 pubmed..Therefore, these parameters are not worthwhile for stratifying patients at risk for restenosis pre-stenting. ..
- Defilippi P, Di Stefano P, Cabodi S. p130Cas: a versatile scaffold in signaling networks. Trends Cell Biol. 2006;16:257-63 pubmed..Here, we discuss recent developments that highlight a fundamental role in cell transformation and microbial pathogenesis and the implications of these developments on p130Cas function under normal and pathological conditions. ..
- PalatyÅ„ska Ulatowska A, Michalska M, Åazarenkow A, Nawrot Modrank J, Mirowski M, PalatyÅ„ski A, et al. Fibrinogen, bFGF and VEGF levels during antibiotic therapy in gynecologic cancer: a preliminary report. Indian J Biochem Biophys. 2014;51:230-6 pubmed..In conclusion, the decrease of proangiogenic bFGF and fibrinogen levels in a clinical trial of gynecologic patients may confirm anti-angiogenic properties of selected antibiotic therapy. ..
- Pegoraro R, Ranjith N, Rom L. Coagulation gene polymorphisms as risk factors for myocardial infarction in young Indian Asians. Cardiovasc J S Afr. 2005;16:152-7 pubmed..Factor VII genetic variants, namely the 10 bp promoter insertion/deletion and R353Q polymorphisms, may possibly play a protective role through their association with elevated HDL and low LDL levels, respectively. ..
- Komitopoulou A, Platokouki H, Kapsimali Z, Pergantou H, Adamtziki E, Aronis S. Mutations and polymorphisms in genes affecting hemostasis proteins and homocysteine metabolism in children with arterial ischemic stroke. Cerebrovasc Dis. 2006;22:13-20 pubmed..Except for FVL, no definite conclusion could be reached regarding the involvement of the studied mutations/polymorphisms in childhood AIS. ..
- Haas P, Aggermann T, Steindl K, Krugluger W, Pühringer H, Oberkanins C, et al. Genetic cardiovascular risk factors and age-related macular degeneration. Acta Ophthalmol. 2011;89:335-8 pubmed publisher..0636) - were not as far from association as the others. Our data show that the 19 tested CVD risk markers do not play a significant role in AMD. ?-Fibrinogen and apolipoprotein E4 should be examined in a larger cohort. ..
- Wassel C, Lange L, Keating B, Taylor K, Johnson A, Palmer C, et al. Association of genomic loci from a cardiovascular gene SNP array with fibrinogen levels in European Americans and African-Americans from six cohort studies: the Candidate Gene Association Resource (CARe). Blood. 2011;117:268-75 pubmed publisher..We identified a rare Pro265Leu variant in FGB (rs6054) associated with lower fibrinogen...
- Wu W, Okamoto O, Kato A, Matsuo N, Nomizu M, Yoshioka H, et al. Dermatopontin regulates fibrin formation and its biological activity. J Invest Dermatol. 2014;134:256-263 pubmed publisher..In addition, the fibrin-DP complex might become useful for developing an improved artificial matrix for improving wound healing. ..
- Lewandowski K, Kwaśnikowski P, Elikowski W, Zawilska K. Myocardial infarction in patients aged less than 40 years. Frequency of BclI polymorphism in the fibrinogen beta-chain gene and plasma fibrinogen. Kardiol Pol. 2003;59:205-12 pubmed..2. There is no association between BclI polymorphism of betaFbg gene and the number of affected coronary arteries. This may confirm the hypothesis of multi-factorial aetiology of CAD in young patients suffering MI. ..
- Coulam C, Wallis D, Weinstein J, Dasgupta D, Jeyendran R. Comparison of thrombophilic gene mutations among patients experiencing recurrent miscarriage and deep vein thrombosis. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2008;60:426-31 pubmed publisher..Screening for risk factors for inherited thrombophilia with only polymorphisms for factor V von Leiden, factor II prothrombin and MTHFR may be missing the more prevalent identifiers of jeopardy. ..
- Pruissen D, Kappelle L, Rosendaal F, Algra A. Prothrombotic genetic variants and atherosclerosis in patients with cerebral ischemia of arterial origin. Atherosclerosis. 2009;204:191-5 pubmed publisher..This study does not support the hypothesis that prothrombotic genetic variants have a direct role in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis. ..
- Vettori S, Cirillo F, Cuomo G, Di Minno G, Valentini G. The β-fibrinogen -455 G>A gene polymorphism is associated with peripheral vascular injury in systemic sclerosis patients. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2010;28:923-4 pubmed
- Casini A, Lukowski S, Quintard V, Crutu A, Zak M, Regazzoni S, et al. FGB mutations leading to congenital quantitative fibrinogen deficiencies: an update and report of four novel mutations. Thromb Res. 2014;133:868-74 pubmed publisher..The human fibrinogen beta chain precursor protein sequence (P02675) was obtained from the UniProt database...
- Yeung E, Treskes P, Martin S, Manning J, Dunbar D, Rogers S, et al. Fibrinogen production is enhanced in an in-vitro model of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: an isolated risk factor for cardiovascular events?. Lipids Health Dis. 2015;14:86 pubmed publisher..2 fold), fibrinogen beta chain (2.3 fold) and fibrinogen gamma chain (2.1 fold) (all rank products pfp <0.05)...
- Ismail A, El Sonbaty S. Fermentation enhances Ginkgo biloba protective role on gamma-irradiation induced neuroinflammatory gene expression and stress hormones in rat brain. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2016;158:154-63 pubmed publisher..The present study evaluated the neuro-protective role of fermented Ginkgo biloba (FGb) leaf extract, compared to non-fermented G...
- Li W, Sigley J, Pieters M, Helms C, Nagaswami C, Weisel J, et al. Fibrin Fiber Stiffness Is Strongly Affected by Fiber Diameter, but Not by Fibrinogen Glycation. Biophys J. 2016;110:1400-10 pubmed publisher..This implies that it is easier to dissolve clots that consist of fewer thick fibers than those that consist of many thin fibers, which is consistent with experimental and clinical observations. ..
- Maetzig T, Ruschmann J, Lai C, Ngom M, Imren S, Rosten P, et al. A Lentiviral Fluorescent Genetic Barcoding System for Flow Cytometry-Based Multiplex Tracking. Mol Ther. 2017;25:606-620 pubmed publisher..describe the development and initial validation of three generations of lentiviral fluorescent genetic barcoding (FGB) systems that allow the creation of 26, 14, or 6 unique labels...
- Hawiger J, Timmons S, Kloczewiak M, Strong D, Doolittle R. gamma and alpha chains of human fibrinogen possess sites reactive with human platelet receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1982;79:2068-71 pubmed..These results indicate that the gamma chain of human fibrinogen bears the main site for interaction with the platelet receptor. ..
- Maghzal G, Brennan S, George P. Fibrinogen B beta polymorphisms do not directly contribute to an altered in vitro clot structure in humans. Thromb Haemost. 2003;90:1021-8 pubmed
- Zhai Z, Wang C, Yang Y, Pang B, Xiao B, Liu Y, et al. [Study on the relationship between polymorphisms of susceptible genes in coagulation pathway related to pulmonary thromboembolism in Chinese Han population]. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi. 2006;27:165-9 pubmed..The frequencies of -455A, alleles in PTE disease were apparently higher than that of healthy adults but there was no difference in -148T alleles. ..
- Maarouf C, Beach T, Adler C, Shill H, Sabbagh M, Wu T, et al. Cerebrospinal fluid biomarkers of neuropathologically diagnosed Parkinson's disease subjects. Neurol Res. 2012;34:669-76 pubmed publisher..These molecules have been implicated in PD pathogenesis. Combining biomarker data from multiple laboratories may create a consensus panel of proteins that may serve as a diagnostic tool for this neurodegenerative disorder. ..
- Shapiro S, Phillips E, Manning R, Morse C, Murden S, Laffan M, et al. Clinical phenotype, laboratory features and genotype of 35 patients with heritable dysfibrinogenaemia. Br J Haematol. 2013;160:220-7 pubmed publisher..Selection of coagulometer and PT activator may markedly affect the detection of new HD cases using coagulation screening tests. ..
- Watrowski R, Zeillinger R. Simple laboratory score improves the preoperative diagnosis of adnexal mass. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:4343-9 pubmed publisher..It provides a better specificity, PPV, and +LH/p than CA125. The sensitivity and NPV are lower, but acceptable. A validation of the score in a large patient cohort is needed. ..
- Titov B, Osmak G, Matveeva N, Kukava N, Shakhnovich R, Favorov A, et al. Genetic risk factors for myocardial infarction more clearly manifest for early age of first onset. Mol Biol Rep. 2017;44:315-321 pubmed publisher..We found that in the group of patients with age of onset <60 years, SNPs FGB rs1800788*T, TGFB1 rs1982073*T/T, ENOS rs2070744*C and CRP rs1130864*T/T were associated with risk of MI, whereas ..
- Everse S. New insights into fibrin (ogen) structure and function. Vox Sang. 2002;83 Suppl 1:375-82 pubmed
- Hoppe B, Tolou F, Dorner T, Kiesewetter H, Salama A. Gene polymorphisms implicated in influencing susceptibility to venous and arterial thromboembolism: frequency distribution in a healthy German population. Thromb Haemost. 2006;96:465-70 pubmed
- Danik J, Pare G, Chasman D, Zee R, Kwiatkowski D, Parker A, et al. Novel loci, including those related to Crohn disease, psoriasis, and inflammation, identified in a genome-wide association study of fibrinogen in 17 686 women: the Women's Genome Health Study. Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2009;2:134-41 pubmed publisher
- Theodoraki E, Nikopensius T, Suhorutsenko J, Peppes V, Fili P, Kolovou G, et al. Fibrinogen beta variants confer protection against coronary artery disease in a Greek case-control study. BMC Med Genet. 2010;11:28 pubmed publisher..The purpose of the present study was to investigate the effect of fibrinogen A (FGA), fibrinogen B (FGB) and fibrinogen G (FGG) gene SNPs and haplotypes on susceptibility to CAD in a homogeneous Greek population...
- da Costa G, Gomes R, Guerreiro A, Mateus E, Monteiro E, Barroso E, et al. Beyond genetic factors in familial amyloidotic polyneuropathy: protein glycation and the loss of fibrinogen's chaperone activity. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24850 pubmed publisher..Hence, we propose that methylglyoxal glycation hampers the chaperone activity of fibrinogen, rendering TTR more prone to aggregation, amyloid formation and ultimately, disease. ..
- Abu Farha M, Abubaker J, Al Khairi I, Cherian P, Noronha F, Hu F, et al. Higher plasma betatrophin/ANGPTL8 level in Type 2 Diabetes subjects does not correlate with blood glucose or insulin resistance. Sci Rep. 2015;5:10949 pubmed publisher..15 - 12.01). Our data show strong positive associations between betatrophin and FBG and insulin resistance in non-diabetic subjects. However, correlations with FBG and insulin resistance were diminished in T2D subjects. ..
- Ohyama K, Huy N, Yoshimi H, Kishikawa N, Nishizawa J, Roca Y, et al. Proteomic profile of circulating immune complexes in chronic Chagas disease. Parasite Immunol. 2016;38:609-17 pubmed publisher..surface protease GP63, glucose-6-isomerase) and six human autoantigens (CD180 antigen, ceruloplasmin, fibrinogen beta chain, fibrinogen beta chain isoform 2 preprotein, isoform gamma-A of fibrinogen γ-chain, serum paraoxonase) ..
- Mei Y, Liu H, Sun X, Li X, Zhao S, Ma R. Plasma fibrinogen level may be a possible marker for the clinical response and prognosis of patients with breast cancer receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317700002 pubmed publisher..The plasma fibrinogen level was found to be a possible biomarker for clinical response to chemotherapy and postoperative metastasis or death in advanced breast cancer patients who received neoadjuvant chemotherapy. ..
- Yang Z, Li F, Liu G, Cai W, Ling G. [The study of beta-fibrinogen gene - 455 G/A, - 148 C/T, 448 G/A polymorphisms and their association with plasma fibrinogen levels]. Zhonghua Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi. 2000;21:463-5 pubmed..The three polymorphisms loci are strong linkage disequilibrium. It suggests that beta-Fg gene - 455 G/A, - 148 C/T, 448 G/A polymorphisms are associated with plasma fibrinogen levels. ..
- Camilleri R, Cohen H. No association between pulmonary embolism or deep vein thrombosis and the -455G/A beta-fibrinogen gene polymorphism. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2005;16:193-8 pubmed..04; 95% CI, 0.71-1.51). While the results should be interpreted with caution as the frequency of the -455A allele is rare, the -455A allele of the beta-fibrinogen gene does not appear to be associated with an increased risk of PE or DVT. ..
- Shattil S. Integrins and Src: dynamic duo of adhesion signaling. Trends Cell Biol. 2005;15:399-403 pubmed..Here, the biochemical basis for and biological significance of this integrin-SFK interaction is summarized, and I propose a general mechanism for initiation of outside-in integrin signaling. ..
- Kobayashi T, Nagata T, Murakami S, Takashiba S, Kurihara H, Izumi Y, et al. Genetic risk factors for periodontitis in a Japanese population. J Dent Res. 2009;88:1137-41 pubmed publisher..002). These results suggest that none of the polymorphisms tested was strongly associated with periodontitis in a Japanese population. However, the vitamin D receptor +1056 polymorphism may be related to chronic periodontitis. ..
- Musino L, Rossi R, Partenza A, Mureddu G, Zinellu A, Pilo P, et al. Hemostatic gene polymorphisms in young Sardinian with non-fatal acute myocardial infarction. Front Biosci (Elite Ed). 2010;2:559-65 pubmed..We therefore conclude that among all the investigated polymorphisms only the 5709G and eNOS4a alleles seem to confer protection against MI in the young age of Sardinian people. ..
- Asselta R, PlatÃ¨ M, Robusto M, Borhany M, Guella I, SoldÃ G, et al. Clinical and molecular characterisation of 21 patients affected by quantitative fibrinogen deficiency. Thromb Haemost. 2015;113:567-76 pubmed publisher..hexamer consisting of two sets of three different polypeptide chains (AÎ±, BÎ², and Î³, encoded by the FGA, FGB, and FGG gene, respectively)...
- Folsom A, Aleksic N, Ahn C, Boerwinkle E, Wu K. Beta-fibrinogen gene -455G/A polymorphism and coronary heart disease incidence: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) Study. Ann Epidemiol. 2001;11:166-70 pubmed..However, there was no significant association between -455G/A and incident CHD. Although a small effect cannot be excluded, -455G/A does not appear to be an important genetic determinant of CHD. ..
- Fu Y, Wei X, Ni P, Ying Y, Song Y, Chen S. [The relationship between the five beta-fibrinogen gene polymorphisms and cerebral infarction]. Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi. 2005;44:914-7 pubmed..05). Cerebral infarction is a multifactorial disease and an increased Fg level is a risk factor for cerebral infarction. T-148 and A-455 allele can lead to elevated Fg concentration. ..
- Lu X, Yu H, Zhou X, Wang L, Huang J, Gu D. Influence of fibrinogen beta-chain gene variations on risk of myocardial infarction in a Chinese Han population. Chin Med J (Engl). 2008;121:1549-53 pubmed..study was conducted to elucidate the association between the genetic polymorphisms of the fibrinogen beta-chain (FGB) gene and MI in Chinese Han population. The occurrence of 3 common polymorphisms (i.e...
- Ait Goughoulte M, Banerjee A, Meyer K, Mazumdar B, Saito K, Ray R, et al. Hepatitis C virus core protein interacts with fibrinogen-beta and attenuates cytokine stimulated acute-phase response. Hepatology. 2010;51:1505-13 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggested a network of interactions between HCV core and the hepatic APR genes, and may contribute to impaired innate immunity for viral persistence. ..
- Williams S, Hsu F, Keene K, Chen W, Nelson S, Southerland A, et al. Shared genetic susceptibility of vascular-related biomarkers with ischemic and recurrent stroke. Neurology. 2016;86:351-9 pubmed publisher..We replicated previously identified associations of fibrinogen with SNPs in the FGB and LEPR loci...
- Bi S, Wang D, Li G, Wen S, Pan S. Beta-fibrinogen promoter -455 G/A (HaeIII) polymorphism prediction of plasma fibrinogen but not of ischemic cerebrovascular disease. Chin Med Sci J. 2004;19:1-5 pubmed..Although a small effect cannot be excluded, beta-fibrinogen gene -455 G/A polymorphism is an independent predictor of plasma fibrinogen, but not of ischemic cerebrovascular disease. ..
- Maumus S, Marie B, Vincent Viry M, Siest G, Visvikis Siest S. Analysis of the effect of multiple genetic variants of cardiovascular disease risk on insulin concentration variability in healthy adults of the STANISLAS cohort. The role of FGB-455 G/A polymorphism. Atherosclerosis. 2007;191:369-76 pubmed..After a series of regression analyses involving 34 polymorphisms, FGB -455G/A was the only polymorphism that remained significantly associated with FIC when adjusting the analyses for ..
- Funami J, Hayashi T, Nomura H, Ding Q, Ishitsuka Watanabe A, Matsui Hirai H, et al. Clinical factors such as B-type natriuretic peptide link to factor VII, endothelial NO synthase and estrogen receptor alpha polymorphism in elderly women. Life Sci. 2009;85:316-21 pubmed publisher..SNPs may be helpful for understanding the pathophysiology of atherosclerotic diseases in elderly women. ..
- Zhu L, Zhao M, Wang M, Lou Z, Chen X, Pan L, et al. Congenital hypodysfibrinogenemia associated with a novel deletion of three residues (γAla289_Asp291del) in fibrinogen. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2018;46:211-218 pubmed publisher..All the exons and exon-intron boundaries of fibrinogen genes (FGA, FGB and FGG) were analysed by direct DNA sequencing...
- Zhang X, Luo T. Association between the FGB gene polymorphism and ischemic stroke: a meta-analysis. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:1741-7 pubmed publisherTo clarify the relationship between the Î²-fibrinogen (FGB) genetic polymorphism (-148C>T) and ischemic stroke, we identified studies by searching PubMed, EMBASE, and the Chinese National Knowledge Infrastructure (CKNI) databases...
- Carmi O, Witt C, Jaramillo A, Dumbacher J. Phylogeography of the Vermilion Flycatcher species complex: Multiple speciation events, shifts in migratory behavior, and an apparent extinction of a Galápagos-endemic bird species. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2016;102:152-73 pubmed publisher..10 subspecies and three outgroup taxa using mitochondrial (ND2, Cyt b) and nuclear loci (ODC introns 6 through 7, FGB intron 5)...
- Rubattu S, Di Angelantonio E, Nitsch D, Gigante B, Zanda B, Stanzione R, et al. Polymorphisms in prothrombotic genes and their impact on ischemic stroke in a Sardinian population. Thromb Haemost. 2005;93:1095-100 pubmed..66, 95% CI 1.06-2.58, P=0.026) on IS occurrence. In summary, we describe evidence for a possible direct association of FVII gene molecular variants with the occurrence of IS in a genetically homogenous human sample. ..
- Ben Assayag E, Bova I, Berliner S, Peretz H, Usher S, Shapira I, et al. Gender differences in the expression of erythrocyte aggregation in relation to B beta-fibrinogen gene polymorphisms in apparently healthy individuals. Thromb Haemost. 2006;95:428-33 pubmed..Putative mechanism could be hyperfibrinogenemia and a functional change in the fibrinogen molecule that alters its ability to interact with red blood cells and supports the aggregability of these cells. ..
- Davis R, Brennan S. Fibrinogen Tolaga Bay: a novel gammaAla341Val mutation causing hypofibrinogenaemia. Thromb Haemost. 2007;98:1136-8 pubmed
- Tsantes A, Tsangaris I, Bonovas S, Kopterides P, Rapti E, Dimopoulou I, et al. The effect of four hemostatic gene polymorphisms on the outcome of septic critically ill patients. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2010;21:175-81 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the importance of these hemostatic polymorphisms as predictors of the prognosis of sepsis in critically ill patients is probably very small. ..
- Lynch A, Boerwinkle E, Davis B, Ford C, Eckfeldt J, Leiendecker Foster C, et al. Antihypertensive pharmacogenetic effect of fibrinogen-beta variant -455G>A on cardiovascular disease, end-stage renal disease, and mortality: the GenHAT study. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2009;19:415-21 pubmed publisherThe FGB gene codes for fibrinogen-beta, a polypeptide of the coagulation factor fibrinogen, which is positively associated with cardiovascular diseases...
- Mauldin M, Haynie M, Hanson J, Baker R, Bradley R. Multilocus Characterization of a Woodrat (Genus Neotoma) Hybrid Zone. J Hered. 2014;105:466-476 pubmed..introns (intron 2 of the vertebrate alcohol dehydrogenase gene [Adh1-I2] and intron 7 of the beta-fibrinogen gene [Fgb-I7]) were used to develop a composite genotype for each individual and for detection of hybridization...
- Nicodeme E, Nicaud M, Issandou M. Retinoids stimulate fibrinogen production both in vitro (hepatocytes) and in vivo. Induction requires activation of the retinoid X receptor. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1995;15:1660-7 pubmed..A comparable increase was observed for both de novo fibrinogen synthesis and fibrinogen beta chain mRNA level...
- Klose R, Fresser F, Kochl S, Parson W, Kapetanopoulos A, Fruchart Najib J, et al. Mapping of a minimal apolipoprotein(a) interaction motif conserved in fibrin(ogen) beta - and gamma -chains. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:38206-12 pubmed..This confirmed the lysine binding sites in kringle IV type 10 of apo(a) as the major fibrin(ogen) binding site but also demonstrated lysine-independent interactions. ..
- de Maat M, Madsen J, Langdahl B, Bladbjerg E, Tofteng C, Abrahamsen B, et al. Genetic variation in estrogen receptor, C-reactive protein and fibrinogen does not predict the plasma levels of inflammation markers after longterm hormone replacement therapy. Thromb Haemost. 2007;97:234-9 pubmed..The effect of HRT, smoking and genetic variations in ESR1 (PvuII and XbaI), CRP (1444C/T) and fibrinogen-beta (FGB, -455G/A) were determined. The plasma concentration of CRP was higher in the HRT group than in the control group (2...
- Xu K, Guo S, Zhao T, Zhu H, Jiao H, Shi Q, et al. Transcriptome Analysis of HepG2 Cells Expressing ORF3 from Swine Hepatitis E Virus to Determine the Effects of ORF3 on Host Cells. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:1648030 pubmed publisher..in the established ORF3-expressing HepG2 cells, the mRNA levels of CLDN6, YLPM1, APOC3, NLRP1, SCARA3, FGA, FGG, FGB, and FREM1 were upregulated, whereas the mRNA levels of SLC2A3, DKK1, BPIFB2, and PTGR1 were downregulated...
- CronjÃ© H, Nienaber Rousseau C, Zandberg L, Chikowore T, de Lange Z, van Zyl T, et al. Candidate gene analysis of the fibrinogen phenotype reveals the importance of polygenic co-regulation. Matrix Biol. 2017;60-61:16-26 pubmed publisher..Seventy-eight SNPs spanning the APOB, APOE, CBS, CRP, F13A1, FGA, FGB, FGG, LDL-R, MTHFR, MTR, PCSK-9 and SERPINE-1 genes were included in the final analysis...
- Doggen C, Bertina R, Cats V, Rosendaal F. Fibrinogen polymorphisms are not associated with the risk of myocardial infarction. Br J Haematol. 2000;110:935-8 pubmed..This is evidence against a causal role for fibrinogen levels in the aetiology of myocardial infarction. ..