Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FFAR4
Description: free fatty acid receptor 4
Alias: BMIQ10, GPR120, GPR129, GT01, O3FAR1, PGR4, free fatty acid receptor 4, G-protein coupled receptor 120, G-protein coupled receptor 129, G-protein coupled receptor GT01, G-protein coupled receptor PGR4, omega-3 fatty acid receptor 1
Publications144 found, 100 shown here
- Free fatty acids regulate gut incretin glucagon-like peptide-1 secretion through GPR120Akira Hirasawa
Department of Molecular, Cell Pharmacology, National Research Institute for Child Health and Development, 3 35 31, Taishi do, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 154 8567, Japan
Nat Med 11:90-4. 2005..Here we show that a G-protein-coupled receptor, GPR120, which is abundantly expressed in intestine, functions as a receptor for unsaturated long-chain FFAs...
- Free fatty acid receptors act as nutrient sensors to regulate energy homeostasisAtsuhiko Ichimura
Department of Genomic Drug Discovery Science, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 89:82-8. 2009..demonstrated to act as ligands of several G-protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs) (FFAR1, FFAR2, FFAR3, GPR84, and GPR120)...
- Agonism with the omega-3 fatty acids alpha-linolenic acid and docosahexaenoic acid mediates phosphorylation of both the short and long isoforms of the human GPR120 receptorRebecca N Burns
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Mercer University, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 396:1030-5. 2010The newly discovered G protein-coupled receptor GPR120 has recently been shown to stimulate secretion of the gut hormones glucagon-like peptide-1 and cholecystokinin upon binding of free fatty acids, thrusting it to the forefront of drug ..
- GPR120 is an omega-3 fatty acid receptor mediating potent anti-inflammatory and insulin-sensitizing effectsDa Young Oh
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Cell 142:687-98. 2010..Here, we show that the G protein-coupled receptor 120 (GPR120) functions as an omega-3 FA receptor/sensor...
- G protein-coupled receptors in human fat taste perceptionMaria Mercedes Galindo
Department of Molecular Genetics, German Institute of Human Nutrition Potsdam Rehbruecke, Nuthetal, Germany
Chem Senses 37:123-39. 2012..We demonstrated that the pharmacological activation profile of human GPR40 and GPR120, 2 LCFA-specific receptors associated with gustatory fat perception in rodents, is inconsistent with the "scratchy"..
- Differential signaling by splice variants of the human free fatty acid receptor GPR120Sarah Jane Watson
Cell Signalling Research Group, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Mol Pharmacol 81:631-42. 2012b>GPR120 is a long-chain fatty acid receptor that stimulates incretin hormone release from colonic endocrine cells and is implicated in macrophage and adipocyte function...
- Dysfunction of lipid sensor GPR120 leads to obesity in both mouse and humanAtsuhiko Ichimura
Department of Genomic Drug Discovery Science, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Nature 483:350-4. 2012..GPR120 (also known as O3FAR1) functions as a receptor for unsaturated long-chain free fatty acids and has a critical role in various ..
- The combined effects of genetic variations in the GPR120 gene and dietary fat intake on obesity riskToshiharu Waguri
Laboratory of Human Genetics, School of Food and Nutritional Sciences, Graduate School of Integrated Pharmaceutical and Nutritional Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka 422 8526, Japan
Biomed Res 34:69-74. 2013..3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) have anti-inflammatory effects, and the G protein-coupled receptor GPR120 was reported to mediate the anti-inflammatory effects of ω-3 PUFAs...
- Identification of G-protein-coupled receptor 120 as a tumor-promoting receptor that induces angiogenesis and migration in human colorectal carcinomaQ Wu
Key Laboratory of Stem Cell Biology, Institute of Health Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences and Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine SJTUSM and Shanghai Institute of Immunology, Institutes of Medical Sciences, SJTUSM, Shanghai, China
Oncogene 32:5541-50. 2013G-protein-coupled receptor 120 (GPR120) functions as a receptor for unsaturated long-chain free fatty acids and has an important role in regulating lipid and glucose metabolism...
- Free fatty acids and protein kinase C activation induce GPR120 (free fatty acid receptor 4) phosphorylationOmar B Sánchez-Reyes
Instituto de Fisiologia Celular, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Ap Postal 70 248, Mexico D F 04510, Mexico
Eur J Pharmacol 723:368-74. 2014GPR120, free fatty acid receptor 4, is a recently deorphanized G protein-coupled receptor that seems to play cardinal roles in the regulation of metabolism and in the pathophysiology of inflammatory and metabolic disorders...
- Mechanisms of homologous and heterologous phosphorylation of FFA receptor 4 (GPR120): GRK6 and PKC mediate phosphorylation of Thr³⁴⁷, Ser³⁵⁰, and Ser³⁵⁷ in the C-terminal tailRebecca N Burns
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Mercer University, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 87:650-9. 2014b>Free fatty acid receptor 4 (FFA4), previously known as GPR120, is a G protein-coupled receptor that promotes numerous anti-inflammatory and antidiabetic effects upon its agonism by long chained unsaturated fatty acids...
- CD36- and GPR120-mediated Ca²⁺ signaling in human taste bud cells mediates differential responses to fatty acids and is altered in obese miceMehmet Hakan Ozdener
Monell Chemical Senses Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Gastroenterology 146:995-1005. 2014..We studied the roles of the fat taste receptors CD36 and GPR120 and their interactions via Ca(2+) signaling in fungiform taste bud cells (TBC).
- Concomitant action of structural elements and receptor phosphorylation determines arrestin-3 interaction with the free fatty acid receptor FFA4Adrian J Butcher
From the Medical Research Council Toxicology Unit, University of Leicester, Hodgkin Building, Lancaster Road, Leicester LE1 9HN, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 289:18451-65. 2014..Among these is FFA4, previously called GPR120, which responds to medium and long chain fatty acids, including health-promoting ω-3 fatty acids, which have been ..
- Cloning, expression, and pharmacological characterization of the GPR120 free fatty acid receptor from cynomolgus monkey: comparison with human GPR120 splice variantsKristina Moore
Dept of Cardiovascular Metabolic Disease, Schering Plough Research Institute, Kenilworth, NJ 07033, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 154:419-26. 2009Activation of the GPCR GPR120 by free fatty acids has been reported to cause GLP-1 release in rodent intestine. One genetic sequence was reported for rodents, while two sequences were reported for human GPR120, BC101175 and NM_181745...
- Fishing out a sensor for anti-inflammatory oilsAlan R Saltiel
Life Sciences Institute, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Cell 142:672-4. 2010..Now, Oh et al. (2010) demonstrate that the G protein-coupled receptor GPR120 is a receptor for omega-3 fatty acids on macrophages and fat cells...
- Postprandial inhibition of gastric ghrelin secretion by long-chain fatty acid through GPR120 in isolated gastric ghrelin cells and miceXinping Lu
Digestive Diseases Branch, National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive, and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 303:G367-76. 2012..immunofluorescence staining, we detected a high level of expression of the long-chain fatty acid (LCFA) receptor GPR120, while the other LCFA receptor, GPR40, was undetectable...
- Omega-3 fatty acids prevent inflammation and metabolic disorder through inhibition of NLRP3 inflammasome activationYiqing Yan
Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at Microscale and School of Life Sciences, University of Science and Technology of China, Anhui 230027, China
Immunity 38:1154-63. 2013..In addition, G protein-coupled receptor 120 (GPR120) and GPR40 and their downstream scaffold protein β-arrestin-2 were shown to be involved in inflammasome ..
- Expression of the fatty acid receptor GPR120 in the gut of diet-induced-obese rats and its role in GLP-1 secretionSarah Juel Paulsen
Department of Histology, gubra, Hørsholm, Denmark
PLoS ONE 9:e88227. 2014Stimulation of the G protein coupled receptor GPR120 has been shown to have anti-inflammatory and insulin-sensitizing effects, to promote glucagon like peptide-1 (GLP-1) secretion, and to play a key role in sensing dietary fat and control ..
- Exposure to omega-3 fatty acids at early age accelerate bone growth and improve bone qualityNetta Koren
Institute of Biochemistry and Nutrition, The Robert H Smith Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Environment, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel
J Nutr Biochem 25:623-33. 2014..We further propose that those effects are mediated by the receptors G-protein coupled receptor 120 (GPR120) and hepatic nuclear factor 4α, which are expressed by chondrocytes in culture...
- Characterization of duodenal expression and localization of fatty acid-sensing receptors in humans: relationships with body mass indexTanya J Little
University of Adelaide Discipline of Medicine, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia National Health and Medical Research Council Centre of Research Excellence in Translating Nutritional Science to Good Health, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia and
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 307:G958-67. 2014..a key role for the FA-sensing receptors cluster of differentiation (CD)36, G protein-coupled receptor (GPR)40, GPR120, and GPR119 in mediating gastrointestinal hormone secretion...
- Discovery of a class of endogenous mammalian lipids with anti-diabetic and anti-inflammatory effectsMark M Yore
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Cell 159:318-32. 2014..PAHSAs also reduce adipose tissue inflammation. In adipocytes, PAHSAs signal through GPR120 to enhance insulin-stimulated glucose uptake...
- Ginsenoside-Rb2 inhibits dexamethasone-induced apoptosis through promotion of GPR120 induction in bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cellsBo Gao
Institute of Orthopedic Surgery, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, People s Republic of China
Stem Cells Dev 24:781-90. 2015..Interestingly, Rb2 promoted GPR120 induction, which is the unsaturated long-chain fatty acid receptor...
- Tumor necrosis factor α decreases glucagon-like peptide-2 expression by up-regulating G-protein-coupled receptor 120 in Crohn diseaseTakuya Tsukahara
Department of Gastroenterology, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Am J Pathol 185:185-96. 2015..A GLP-2 analogue has been an effective treatment for Crohn disease (CD). G-protein-coupled receptor (GPR) 40 and GPR120 are probably involved in GLP-2 production, the mechanisms of which remain unclear...
- Behavioral palatability of dietary fatty acids correlates with the intracellular calcium ion levels induced by the fatty acids in GPR120-expressing cellsShin ichi Adachi
Laboratory of Nutrition Chemistry, Division of Food Science and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University
Biomed Res 35:357-67. 2014We recently reported that G-protein-coupled receptor 120 (GPR120) is expressed on taste buds, and that rodents showed preference for long-chain fatty acids (LCFA) at a low concentration...
- Functions of omega-3 fatty acids and FFA4 (GPR120) in macrophagesDong Soon Im
Molecular Inflammation Research Center for Aging Intervention MRCA and College of Pharmacy, Pusan National University, Busan 609 735, Republic of Korea Electronic address
Eur J Pharmacol 785:36-43. 2016..receptor for long-chain unsaturated fatty acids, including n-3 PUFAs, and was recently renamed free fatty acid receptor 4 (FFA4)...
- Omega-3 fatty acids induce Ca(2+) mobilization responses in human colon epithelial cell lines endogenously expressing FFA4Jung Min Kim
Molecular Inflammation Research Center for Aging Intervention MRCA and College of Pharmacy, Pusan National University, Busan 609 735, Republic of Korea
Acta Pharmacol Sin 36:813-20. 2015b>Free fatty acid receptor 4 (FFA4; formerly known as GPR120) is the G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) for omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids. FFA4 has been found to express in the small intestines and colons of mice and humans...
- [Free Fatty Acid Receptor Family: A New Therapeutic Target for Metabolic Diseases]Akira Hirasawa
Department of Genomic Drug Discovery Science, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Science, Kyoto University 46 29 Yoshida Shimo Adachi cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501 2 Inistitute for Integrated Medical Scinces, Tokyo Women s Medical University 8 1 Kawada cho, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8666, Japan
Yakugaku Zasshi 135:769-77. 2015..In this free fatty acid receptor family, FFAR1 (GPR40) and FFAR4 (GPR120) are activated by long-chain FFAs...
- Biological characteristics and agonists of GPR120 (FFAR4) receptor: the present status of researchAng Li
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong 250012, China
Future Med Chem 7:1457-68. 2015b>GPR120 receptor functions as a receptor for ω-3 fatty acid, involving regulating the secretion of gastrointestinal peptide hormone, adipogenesis, adipogenic differentiation and anti-inflammatory process and the like in the aspect of ..
- GPR 120: The Potential Target for Obesity TreatmentPeter A Tanagho
Cairo University Hospitals, Al Saray St, El Maniel, 11451, Cairo, Egypt
Endocr Metab Immune Disord Drug Targets 16:8-11. 2016b>G protein coupled receptor 120 (GPR120) is a class of receptors in the gastrointestinal tract (GIT) that is implicated in nutrient sensing and body weight regulation...
- Comprehensive Profiling of GPCR Expression in Ghrelin-Producing CellsHiroyuki Koyama
Medical Innovation Center H I, K D, M B, T K, C S, K H, K K, K N and Departments of Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Nutrition H K and Human Health Sciences K H, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan National Cerebral and Cardiovascular Center Research Institute H H, K K, Osaka 565 8565 Japan and The First Department of Medicine H A, T A, Wakayama Medical University, Wakayama 641 8509, Japan
Endocrinology 157:692-704. 2016..previously suggested to regulate ghrelin secretion including adrenergic-β1 receptor, GPR81, oxytocin receptor, GPR120, and somatostatin receptor 2 were high in MGN3-1 cells...
- Topical Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) Accelerates Skin Wound Healing in Rats and Activates GPR120Eva L Arantes
Nursing School, University of Campinas, Campinas SP, Brazil
Biol Res Nurs 18:411-9. 2016..The topical use of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) can accelerate skin wound healing through mechanisms that involve, at least in part, the modulation of inflammatory activity...
- Eicosopentaneoic Acid and Other Free Fatty Acid Receptor Agonists Inhibit Lysophosphatidic Acid- and Epidermal Growth Factor-Induced Proliferation of Human Breast Cancer CellsMandi M Hopkins
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Washington State University, Spokane, WA 99163, USA
J Clin Med 5:. 2016..by two G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs) in the free fatty acid receptor (FFAR) family, FFA1 (GPR40) and FFA4 (GPR120). n-3 Fatty acids inhibit proliferation of human breast cancer cells in culture and in animals...
- Effect of dietary Schizochytrium microalga oil on selected markers of low-grade inflammation in ratsT Komprda
Department of Food Technology, Mendel University in Brno, Brno, Czech Republic
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 100:1169-1178. 2016..of the genes coding for adiponectin receptors AdipoR1 and AdipoR2; no relationship to the expression of receptor GPR120 was found...
- Long-chain unsaturated fatty acids reduce the transcriptional activity of the rat follicle-stimulating hormone β-subunit geneRyutaro Moriyama
Laboratory of Environmental Physiology, Department of Life Science, School of Science and Engineering, Kinki University, Osaka 577 8502, Japan
J Reprod Dev 62:195-9. 2016..agonist GW9508 on the transcription of the gonadotropin subunit genes Cga, Lhb and Fshb because LCFA receptor GPR120 was observed in mouse gonadotropes in our recent study...
- Developmental methylation pattern regulates porcine GPR120 expressionH M Wang
Institute of Animal Genetics and Breeding, College of Animal Science and Technology, Sichuan Agricultural University, Ya an, Sichuan, China
Genet Mol Res 15:. 2016..It mostly occurs in CpG abundant regions, known as CpG islands (CGIs). G protein-coupled receptor 120 (GPR120) functions as an omega-3 fatty acid receptor and is involved in multiple-biological processes, including ..
- Nutritional Signaling via Free Fatty Acid ReceptorsJunki Miyamoto
Department of Applied Biological Science, Graduate School of Agriculture, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Tokyo 183 0057, Japan
Int J Mol Sci 17:450. 2016..recent studies have shown that the administration of selective agonists of G protein-coupled receptor (GPR) 40 and GPR120 improved glucose metabolism and systemic metabolic disorders...
- Different effects of GPR120 and GPR40 on cellular functions stimulated by 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate in melanoma cellsKaori Fukushima
Division of Molecular Oncology, Department of Life Science, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Kindai University, 3 4 1, Kowakae, Higashiosaka, Osaka 577 8502, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 475:25-30. 2016G-protein-coupled receptor 120 (GPR120) and GPR40 exhibit a variety of biological responses by the binding of free fatty acids. 12-O-Tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate (TPA) is a tumor promoting agent of skin carcinogenesis...
- The pro-/anti-inflammatory effects of different fatty acids on visceral adipocytes are partially mediated by GPR120Francisca Rodriguez-Pacheco
Unidad de Gestión Clínica de Endocrinología y Nutrición, Instituto de Investigación Biomédica de Málaga Ibima, Hospital Regional Universitario, Malaga, Spain
Eur J Nutr . 2016This study examines whether G-protein coupled receptor 120 (GPR120) is involved in the pro-/anti-inflammatory effects of different types of fatty acids (FAs) in human visceral adipocytes, and whether these effects may be altered in ..
- Anti-Inflammatory and Insulin-Sensitizing Effects of Free Fatty Acid ReceptorsJunki Miyamoto
Department of Applied Biological Science, Graduate School of Agriculture, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Fuchu shi, Tokyo, 183 0057, Japan
Handb Exp Pharmacol . 2016..FFARs are activated by specific FFAs; for example, GPR40 and GPR120 are activated by medium and long chain FFAs, GPR41 and GPR43 are activated by short chain FFAs, and GPR84 is ..
- GPR120, a potential therapeutic target for experimental colitis in IL-10 deficient miceJie Zhao
Department of General Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Suzhou, 215000, Jiangsu, China
Oncotarget . 2016..This study was aimed at figuring out whether DHA could ameliorate the Crohn's colitis by activating GPR120 and whether GPR120 could be a potential therapeutic target for CD...
- Phenotypic characterization of GPR120-expressing cells in the interstitial tissue of pancreasYufeng Zhao
Department of Otolaryngology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
Tissue Cell 45:421-7. 2013b>GPR120 functions as a plasma membrane receptor for unsaturated long-chain free fatty acids and involves in GLP-1 secretion, adipogenesis and the control of energy balance. Pancreas is the key organ in fuel and energy metabolism...
- GPR40 and GPR120 fatty acid sensors are critical for postoral but not oral mediation of fat preferences in the mouseAnthony Sclafani
Department of Psychology, Brooklyn College, City University of New York, Brooklyn, New York, and
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 305:R1490-7. 2013..Here, we investigated the role of the fatty acid sensors GPR40 and GPR120 in postoral and oral preferences for a soybean oil emulsion (Intralipid)...
- GPR120 on Kupffer cells mediates hepatoprotective effects of ω3-fatty acidsDimitri Aristotle Raptis
Department of Surgery, Laboratory of the Swiss HPB Center, University Hospital of Zurich, Switzerland
J Hepatol 60:625-32. 2014..Recently, GPR120 has been identified as a first receptor for ω3FAs, mediating their anti-inflammatory effects...
- Docosahexaenoic acid inhibits vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-induced cell migration via the GPR120/PP2A/ERK1/2/eNOS signaling pathway in human umbilical vein endothelial cellsChe Yi Chao
Department of Health and Nutrition Biotechnology, Asia University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Agric Food Chem 62:4152-8. 2014..b>GPR120 is the putative receptor for DHA action...
- Lipid droplet formation in response to oleic acid in Huh-7 cells is mediated by the fatty acid receptor FFAR4Arndt Rohwedder
Signalling Programme, Babraham Institute, Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge CB22 3AT, UK
J Cell Sci 127:3104-15. 2014..Here, we show that oleic acid stimulates lipid droplet formation by activating the long-chain fatty acid receptor FFAR4, which signals through a pertussis-toxin-sensitive G-protein signalling pathway involving phosphoinositide 3-..
- Identification of diarylsulfonamides as agonists of the free fatty acid receptor 4 (FFA4/GPR120)Steven M Sparks
Enteroendocrine Discovery Performance Unit, GlaxoSmithKline, PO Box 13398, Research Triangle Park, NC 27705, United States Electronic address
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 24:3100-3. 2014The exploration of a diarylsulfonamide series of free fatty acid receptor 4 (FFA4/GPR120) agonists is described. This work led to the identification of selective FFA4 agonist 8 (GSK137647A) and selective FFA4 antagonist 39...
- Diet, metabolites, and "western-lifestyle" inflammatory diseasesAlison N Thorburn
Department of Immunology, Monash University, Clayton, VIC 3800, Australia
Immunity 40:833-42. 2014..metabolites engage "metabolite-sensing" G-protein-coupled receptors, such as GPR43, GPR41, GPR109A, GPR120, and GPR35...
- Free fatty acid receptor GPR120 is highly expressed in enteroendocrine K cells of the upper small intestine and has a critical role in GIP secretion after fat ingestionKanako Iwasaki
Department of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Nutrition K Iw, N H, K Sa, S Y, K Su, A Ha, D N, K Sh, E J, T Har, N I, Graduate School of Medicine, and Department of Genomic Drug Discovery Science K Ii, A Hi, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan and Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences T Has, Y A, Tokushima Bunri University, Tokushima 770 8514, Japan
Endocrinology 156:837-46. 2015..Among free fatty acid receptors, GPR120 was highly expressed in the K cells of the upper small intestine compared with the lower small intestine...
- Contribution of the hypothalamus and gut to weight gain susceptibility and resistance in miceBarbara C Fam
Department of Medicine Austin Health Austin Hospital, The University of Melbourne, Level 7, Lance Townsend Building, Studley Road, Heidelberg, Victoria 3084, Australia
J Endocrinol 225:191-204. 2015..ileum expression of G protein-coupled receptor (Gpr) 40 (Gpr40) was significantly increased, whereas Gpr120, Gpr119, Gpr41, and glucagon-like peptide 1 (Glp1) were reduced...
- Seven evolutionarily conserved human rhodopsin G protein-coupled receptors lacking close relativesRobert Fredriksson
Department of Neuroscience, Uppsala University, BMC, Box 593, 751 24 Uppsala, Sweden
FEBS Lett 554:381-8. 2003..human G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs) found by searches in the human genome databases, termed GPR100, GPR119, GPR120, GPR135, GPR136, GPR141, and GPR142...
- Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and inflammatory processes: nutrition or pharmacology?Philip C Calder
Human Development and Health Academic Unit, Faculty of Medicine, University of Southampton, MP887 Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, United Kingdom
Br J Clin Pharmacol 75:645-62. 2013..e. peroxisome proliferator activated receptor γ) and binding to the G protein coupled receptor GPR120. These mechanisms are interlinked...
- Assessment of the presence of chemosensing receptors based on bitter and fat taste in the gastrointestinal tract of young pigM Colombo
University of Bologna, DIPROVAL, 42123 Reggio Emilia, Italy
J Anim Sci 90:128-30. 2012..TAS2R1, TAS2R3, TAS2R7, TAS2R9, TAS2R10, TAS2R16, and TAS2R38) and for 3 genes for fat taste (GPR40, GPR43, and GPR120), a full homology for exon sequences was found and primers were designed by Primer3...
- [Diet-induced obesity and GPR120]Atsuhiko Ichimura
Division of Molecular Medicine and Therapy, United Centers for Advanced Research and Translational Medicine ART, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine
Nihon Rinsho 71:350-4. 2013Free fatty acids (FFAs) have been demonstrated to act as ligands of several G-protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs). GPR120 is activated by unsaturated long-chain FFAs and has a crucial role in various physiological homeostasis mechanisms ..
- In vitro and mouse in vivo characterization of the potent free fatty acid 1 receptor agonist TUG-469C Urban
Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry, Heinrich Heine University, Universitatsstr 1, 40225, Dusseldorf, Germany
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 386:1021-30. 2013..of TUG-469 was studied using Ca(2+)-, cAMP-, and impedance-based assays at recombinant FFA1 and free fatty acid receptor 4, formerly known as GPR120 (FFA4) expressing 1321N1 cells and the rat insulinoma cell line INS-1...
- Antiobese effects of capsaicin-chitosan microsphere (CCMS) in obese rats induced by high fat dietSirong Tan
Key Research Center of Liver Regulation for Hyperlipemia SATCM Class III Laboratory of Metabolism SATCM, Guangdong TCM Key Laboratory for Metabolic Diseases, Guangdong Pharmaceutical University, Guangzhou 510006, China
J Agric Food Chem 62:1866-74. 2014..The mRNA expression of PPARα, PPARγ, leptin, UCP2, GPR120, FTO, and adiponectin in the liver was determined by quantitative real-time PCR, and the protein expression of ..
- Role of docosahexaenoic acid treatment in improving liver histology in pediatric nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseValerio Nobili
Unit of Liver Research, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 9:e88005. 2014..Our aim was to investigate in pediatric NAFLD the mechanisms underlying the effects of DHA administration on histo-pathological aspects, GPR120 expression, hepatic progenitor cell activation and macrophage pool.
- GPR120 (FFAR4) is preferentially expressed in pancreatic delta cells and regulates somatostatin secretion from murine islets of LangerhansVirginia M Stone
Institute of Biomedical and Clinical Sciences, University of Exeter Medical School, RILD Building, Barrack Road, Exeter, EX2 5DW, UK
Diabetologia 57:1182-91. 2014The NEFA-responsive G-protein coupled receptor 120 (GPR120) has been implicated in the regulation of inflammation, in the control of incretin secretion and as a predisposing factor influencing the development of type 2 diabetes by ..
- Activation of the omega-3 fatty acid receptor GPR120 mediates anti-inflammatory actions in immortalized hypothalamic neuronsLeigh Wellhauser
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, 1 King s College Circle, Medical Sciences Building 3344, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Neuroinflammation 11:60. 2014..At least in the periphery, omega-3 fatty acids and their receptor, G-protein coupled receptor 120 (GPR120), have emerged as putative targets. The role for GPR120 in the hypothalamus or CNS in general is poorly understood.
- Obstructive sleep apnea and obesity are associated with reduced GPR 120 plasma levels in childrenDavid Gozal
Section of Sleep Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Pritzker School of Medicine, Biological Sciences Division, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
Sleep 37:935-41. 2014..We hypothesized that GPR 120 levels would be reduced in children with OSA, particularly among obese children...
- Expression and localization of the omega-3 fatty acid receptor GPR120 in human term placentaS Lager
Center for Pregnancy and Newborn Research, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, USA Electronic address
Placenta 35:523-5. 2014..b>GPR120 dysfunction is associated with obesity in humans...
- Omega-3 free fatty acids suppress macrophage inflammasome activation by inhibiting NF-κB activation and enhancing autophagyYolanda Williams-Bey
B Cell Molecular Immunology Section, Laboratory of Immunoregulation, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e97957. 2014..The inhibition required Free Fatty Acid Receptor (FFAR) 4 (also known as GPR120), a G-protein coupled receptor (GPR) known to bind DHA...
- Evaluation of the insulin-releasing and glucose-lowering effects of GPR120 activation in pancreatic β-cellsB M Moran
Biomedical Sciences Research Institute, SAAD Centre for Pharmacy and Diabetes, University of Ulster, Coleraine, UK
Diabetes Obes Metab 16:1128-39. 2014To assess the potency and selectivity of various GPR120 agonists and to determine the cellular localization of GPR120 in clonal β-cells and pancreatic islets.
- Role of free fatty acid receptors in the regulation of energy metabolismTakafumi Hara
Department of Pharmacogenomics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, 46 29 Yoshida Shimoadachi cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan Electronic address
Biochim Biophys Acta 1841:1292-300. 2014..Medium- and long-chain FFAs activate FFA1/GPR40 and FFA4/GPR120. Short-chain FFAs activate FFA2/GPR43 and FFA3/GPR41...
- CD36, but not GPR120, is required for efficient fatty acid utilization during endurance exerciseMina Fujitani
a Laboratory of Nutrition Chemistry, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Sakyou ku, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 78:1871-8. 2014..FA translocase/cluster of differentiation 36 (CD36) and G protein-coupled receptor GPR120 are long-chain FA receptors...
- Expression of the long-chain fatty acid receptor GPR120 in the gonadotropes of the mouse anterior pituitary glandRyutaro Moriyama
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Department of Life Science, Kinki University, 3 4 1 Kowakae, Higashiosaka, Osaka, 577 8502, Japan
Histochem Cell Biol 143:21-7. 2015G-protein-coupled receptor 120 (GPR120) has been known to be a receptor of long-chain fatty acids. Here, we investigated GPR120 expression in the mouse pituitary gland via real-time PCR, in situ hybridization, and immunohistochemistry...
- Next generation semiconductor based-sequencing of a nutrigenetics target gene (GPR120) and association with growth rate in Italian Large White pigsLuca Fontanesi
a Department of Agricultural and Food Sciences DISTAL, Division of Animal Sciences, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Anim Biotechnol 26:92-7. 2015The GPR120 gene (also known as FFAR4 or O3FAR1) encodes for a functional omega-3 fatty acid receptor/sensor that mediates potent insulin sensitizing effects by repressing macrophage-induced tissue inflammation...
- Opposite effects of GPR120 and GPR40 on cell motile activity induced by ethionine in liver epithelial cellsShuhei Ishii
Division of Cancer Biology and Bioinformatics, Department of Life Science, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Kinki University, 3 4 1, Kowakae, Higashiosaka, Osaka 577 8502, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 456:135-8. 2015..G-protein-coupled receptor 120 (GPR120) and GPR40 are activated by long and medium chain FFAs...
- The oral lipid sensor GPR120 is not indispensable for the orosensory detection of dietary lipids in miceDéborah Ancel
NUTOX, UMR U866 INSERM Université de Bourgogne AgroSup Dijon, F21000 Dijon, France
J Lipid Res 56:369-78. 2015Implication of the long-chain fatty acid (LCFA) receptor GPR120, also termed free fatty acid receptor 4, in the taste-guided preference for lipids is a matter of debate...
- Omega-3 fatty acids and other FFA4 agonists inhibit growth factor signaling in human prostate cancer cellsZe Liu
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Washington State University, Spokane, Washington
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 352:380-94. 2015..G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs) of the free fatty acid receptor (FFAR) family, FFA1/GPR40 and FFA4/GPR120, specifically bind n-3 FAs as agonist ligands...
- Functional analysis of free fatty acid receptor GPR120 in human eosinophils: implications in metabolic homeostasisYasunori Konno
Department of General Internal Medicine and Clinical Laboratory Medicine, Akita University Graduate School of Medicine, Akita, Japan
PLoS ONE 10:e0120386. 2015..b>GPR120 (FFA4) is a G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) for long-chain fatty acids that functions as a regulator of ..
- G protein-coupled receptor 120 signaling regulates ghrelin secretion in vivo and in vitroZhi Gong
Area of Regulatory Biology, Division of Life Science, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Saitama University, Shimo ohkubo, Sakuraku, Saitama, Japan
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 306:E28-35. 2014..cell lines and found that these cells express high levels of mRNA encoding G-protein coupled receptor 120 (GPR120)...
- Monitoring ligand-mediated internalization of G protein-coupled receptor as a novel pharmacological approachShin ichi Fukunaga
Department of Genomic Drug Discovery Science, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, 46 29 Yoshida shimo adachi cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Life Sci 80:17-23. 2006..monitored the internalization of the proton-sensing GPCR TDAG8, and that of the free fatty acid-sensitive GPCR GPR120. The results show that monitoring receptor internalization can be a useful approach for pharmacological ..
- Altered expression of gustatory-signaling elements in gastric tissue of morbidly obese patientsP Widmayer
Institute of Physiology, University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany
Int J Obes (Lond) 36:1353-9. 2012....
- Nutrient sensing and signalling by the gutRojo Rasoamanana
AgroParisTech, CRNH IdF, UMR914 Nutrition Physiology and Ingestive Behavior, F 75005 Paris, France
Proc Nutr Soc 71:446-55. 2012..such as T1R1/T1R3 heterodimer, Ca sensing receptor and GPR93 for amino acids and protein, GPR40, GPR41, GPR43 and GPR120 for fatty acids, T1R2/T1R3 heterodimer for monosaccharides) are expressed in the apical face of the gut and sense ..
- Decreased intestinal nutrient response in diet-induced obese rats: role of gut peptides and nutrient receptorsF A Duca
INRA, Centre de Recherche de Jouy en Josas, UMR 1319, Micalis, Neurobiology of Ingestive Behavior, Domaine de Vilvert, Jouy en Josas, France
Int J Obes (Lond) 37:375-81. 2013....
- FFA1-selective agonistic activity based on docking simulation using FFA1 and GPR120 homology modelsMasato Takeuchi
Department of Genomic Drug Discovery Science, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 168:1570-83. 2013BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE The free fatty acid FFA1 receptor and GPR120 are GPCRs whose endogenous ligands are medium- and long-chain FFAs, and they are important in regulating insulin and GLP-1 secretion respectively...
- A systems genetics approach identifies genes and pathways for type 2 diabetes in human isletsJalal Taneera
Lund University Diabetes Center, Department of Clinical Sciences, Diabetes and Endocrinology, Skåne University Hospital Malmö, Lund University, Malmo 20502, Sweden
Cell Metab 16:122-34. 2012..of which CHL1, LRFN2, RASGRP1, and PPM1K were validated in INS-1 cells to influence insulin secretion, whereas GPR120 affected apoptosis in islets...
- Lipid-mediated release of GLP-1 by mouse taste buds from circumvallate papillae: putative involvement of GPR120 and impact on taste sensitivityCéline Martin
Physiologie de la Nutrition et Toxicologie, UMR U866 INSERM Université de Bourgogne AgroSup Dijon, F 21000 Dijon, France
J Lipid Res 53:2256-65. 2012..the attraction for sucrose in a GLP-1 receptor-dependent manner, iii) suggest an involvement of the LCFA receptor GPR120 expressed in taste buds in this system, and iv) support the existence of a regulation by GLP-1 of the lipid ..
- G-protein coupled receptor 120 is involved in glucose metabolism in fat cellsD Liu
Department of Endocrinology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang, China
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) . 2012..Recent researches have shown that G-protein coupled receptor 120 (GPR120) is a receptor for medium and long chain FFA...
- Short-chain free fatty acid receptors FFA2/GPR43 and FFA3/GPR41 as new potential therapeutic targetsTrond Ulven
Department of Physics, Chemistry and Pharmacy, University of Southern Denmark Odense, Denmark
Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 3:111. 2012The deorphanization of the free fatty acid (FFA) receptors FFA1 (GPR40), FFA2 (GPR43), FFA3 (GPR41), GPR84, and GPR120 has made clear that the body is capable of recognizing and responding directly to nonesterified fatty acid of virtually ..
- Investigation of free fatty acid associated recombinant membrane receptor protein expression in HEK293 cells using Raman spectroscopy, calcium imaging, and atomic force microscopyJuqiang Lin
Key Laboratory of Optoelectronic Science and Technology for Medicine, Ministry of Education, Fujian Normal University, Fuzhou 350007, China
Anal Chem 85:1374-81. 2013G-protein-coupled receptor 120 (GPR120) is a previously orphaned G-protein-coupled receptor that apparently functions as a sensor for dietary fat in the gustatory and digestive systems...
- Free fatty acid receptor GPR120 and pathogenesis of obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitusXiu Lei Mo
Department of Anatomy, Physiology and Pharmacology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama, USA
Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci 114:251-76. 2013G protein-coupled receptor 120 (GPR120) was initially identified as an orphan receptor through mining the human genome databases. In 2005, GPR120 was deorphanized and shown to be a receptor for long-chain free fatty acids...
- Gustducin couples fatty acid receptors to GLP-1 release in colonYan Li
Monell Chemical Senses Center, 3500 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 304:E651-60. 2013..Gustducin also was coexpressed with fatty acid G protein-coupled receptor (GPR) 40, GPR41, GPR43, GPR119, GPR120, and bile acid G protein-coupled receptor TGR5 in enteroendocrine cells of the colon...
- G protein-coupled receptor120 (GPR120) transcription in intestinal epithelial cells is significantly affected by bacteria belonging to the Bacteroides, Proteobacteria, and Firmicutes phylaM Fredborg
Department of Animal Science, Aarhus University, DK 8830 Tjele, Denmark
J Anim Sci 90:10-2. 2012..Recently, a family of G protein-coupled receptors (GPR) acting as FFA transporters has been reported including GPR120, which is expressed by intestinal epithelial cells...
- Activation of FFA1 mediates GLP-1 secretion in mice. Evidence for allosterism at FFA1Yumei Xiong
Department of Metabolic Disorders, Amgen Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 369:119-29. 2013FFA1 (GPR40) and GPR120 are G-protein-coupled receptors activated by long-chain fatty acids...
- Hyperhomocysteinemia promotes insulin resistance by inducing endoplasmic reticulum stress in adipose tissueYang Li
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 10091, China
J Biol Chem 288:9583-92. 2013..The mechanism and the effect of G protein-coupled receptor 120 (GPR120) were also investigated...
- Free fatty acid receptors and their role in regulation of energy metabolismTakafumi Hara
World Leading Drug Discovery Research Center, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, 46 29 Yoshida Shimoadachi cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, 606 8501, Japan
Rev Physiol Biochem Pharmacol 164:77-116. 2013..FFAR; FFA2 and FFA3 are activated by short chain FFAs, GPR84 is activated by medium-chain FFAs, whereas FFA1 and GPR120 are activated by medium- or long-chain FFAs...
- [Elucidation of mechanisms underlying docosahexaenoic acid-induced antinociception]Takashi Nishinaka
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kobe Gakuin University
Yakugaku Zasshi 133:493-9. 2013..The intracerebroventricular but not intrathecal injection of DHA and GW9508, a GPR40/GPR120 agonist, significantly reduced formalin-induced pain behavior...
- International Union of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology. LXXXVIII. G protein-coupled receptor list: recommendations for new pairings with cognate ligandsAnthony P Davenport
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, University of Cambridge, Level 6, Centre for Clinical Investigation, Box 110, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, UK
Pharmacol Rev 65:967-86. 2013..lysophosphatidic acid receptors [LPA₄ (GPR23), LPA₅ (GPR92), LPA₆ (P2Y5)]; free fatty acid receptors [FFA4 (GPR120) with omega-3 fatty acids]; chemerin receptor (CMKLR1; ChemR23) with chemerin; CXCR7 (CMKOR1) with chemokines ..
- Ca2+ signaling in taste bud cells and spontaneous preference for fat: unresolved roles of CD36 and GPR120Souleymane Abdoul-Azize
Physiologie de la Nutrition and Toxicologie, UMR U866 INSERM Université de Bourgogne Agro Sup, 6 Boulevard Gabriel, Dijon 21000, France Laboratoire de Nutrition, Université Abdou Moumouni, Niamey, Niger
Biochimie 96:8-13. 2014..It has been shown that these receptors, particularly GPR120, are also involved in lipid taste perception...
- Activation of tongue-expressed GPR40 and GPR120 by non caloric agonists is not sufficient to drive preference in miceN Godinot
Nestle Research Center, Vers chez les Blanc, Lausanne 1000, Switzerland
Neuroscience 250:20-30. 2013..GPR40 and GPR120, two fatty acid responsive G-protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs), are expressed in taste bud cells, and knockout ..
- Omega-3 and omega-6 PUFAs induce the same GPR120-mediated signalling events, but with different kinetics and intensity in Caco-2 cellsKaia Mobraten
Department of Chemistry, Biotechnology and Food Science, University of Life Sciences, Post box 5003, NO 1430 Aas, Norway
Lipids Health Dis 12:101. 2013Omega-3 PUFAs are known to have anti-inflammatory properties, and different mechanisms are involved. GPR120 is a G-protein coupled receptor that has recently received attention because of its anti-inflammatory signalling properties after ..
- Free fatty acids-sensing G protein-coupled receptors in drug targeting and therapeuticsTomo Yonezawa
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Curr Med Chem 20:3855-71. 2013..In the past half decade, deorphanization of several GPCRs has revealed that GPR40, GPR41, GPR43, GPR84 and GPR120 sense concentration of extracellular FFAs with various carbon chain lengths...
- TGFβ-pathway is down-regulated in a uterine carcinosarcoma: a case studyAndrzej Semczuk
IInd Department of Gynecology, Lublin Medical University, Lublin, Poland Electronic address
Pathol Res Pract 209:740-4. 2013..A concomitant increase of the hypoxia marker HIF1A expression pattern was noted, whereas the expression of GPR120, responsible for free fatty acids sensing, was not different in both counterparts evaluated...
- The pharmacology of TUG-891, a potent and selective agonist of the free fatty acid receptor 4 (FFA4/GPR120), demonstrates both potential opportunity and possible challenges to therapeutic agonismBrian D Hudson
Molecular Pharmacology Group, Institute of Molecular, Cell and Systems Biology, College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom B D H, A E M, J D P, H H, G M Department of Physics, Chemistry, and Pharmacy, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark B S, E C, T U and MRC Toxicology Unit, University of Leicester, Leicester, United Kingdom A J B, A B T
Mol Pharmacol 84:710-25. 2013..agonist for the long chain free fatty acid (LCFA) receptor 4 (FFA4; previously G protein-coupled receptor 120, or GPR120)...
- The therapeutic potential of GPR120: a patent reviewSomnath Halder
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Piramal Enterprises Ltd, 1, Nirlon Complex, Off Western Exp Highway, Near NSE Complex, Goregaon East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400 063, India 91 22 30818078
Expert Opin Ther Pat 23:1581-90. 2013..In this regard, among several G-protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs), GPR120 and GPR40 have recently been considered as viable targets for diabetes and metabolic disorders.
- Altered lipid and salt taste responsivity in ghrelin and GOAT null miceHuan Cai
Metabolism Unit, Laboratory of Clinical Investigation, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e76553. 2013..Expression of the potential lipid taste regulators Cd36 and Gpr120 were reduced in the taste buds of ghrelin and GOAT null mice, while the salt-sensitive ENaC subunit was increased ..
- Genome-wide association study of circulating retinol levelsAlison M Mondul
Nutritional Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Hum Mol Genet 20:4724-31. 2011..31× 10(-5)). Discovery of common genetic variants associated with serum retinol levels may provide further insight into the contribution of retinol and other vitamin A compounds to the development of cancer and other complex diseases...
- Recent advances in gut nutrient chemosensingC A Nguyen
Department of Nutrition, West Los Angeles VAMC, 11301 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Curr Med Chem 19:28-34. 2012..FFA1, previously GPR40, is activated by long-chain fatty acids with GPR120 activated by medium- and long-chain fatty acids...
- Discovery of a potent and selective GPR120 agonistBharat Shimpukade
Department of Physics, Chemistry and Pharmacy, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, DK 5230 Odense M, Denmark
J Med Chem 55:4511-5. 2012b>GPR120 is a receptor of unsaturated long-chain fatty acids reported to mediate GLP-1 secretion, insulin sensitization, anti-inflammatory, and anti-obesity effects and is therefore emerging as a new potential target for treatment of type 2 ..
- Omega-3 fatty acids in anti-inflammation (pro-resolution) and GPCRsDong Soon Im
Molecular Inflammation Research Center for Aging Intervention MRCA, College of Pharmacy, Pusan National University, Busan 609 735, Republic of Korea
Prog Lipid Res 51:232-7. 2012..effects of omega-3 fatty acids, namely, nuclear receptor PPARγ and the G protein-coupled receptor GPR120. Furthermore, the conversions of omega-3 fatty acids to anti-inflammatory and pro-resolving resolvins and ..
- INSULIN RECEPTORS AND THE GLUCOSE TRANSPORT SYSTEMJERROLD MICHAEL OLEFSKY; Fiscal Year: 2013..Towards this end, the proposed studies capitalize on our new finding that GPR120, a lipid sensing GPCR expressed in proinflammatory macro- phages, functions as the omega 3 fatty acid receptor...
- The role of phosphorylation in regulating the antidiabetic effects of O3FAR-1Nader H Moniri; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The omega-3 fatty acid receptor (O3FAR1), also commonly referred to as GPR120, is a G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) that has been shown to be agonized by long chained unsaturated fatty acids, ..
- Rachana Shah; Fiscal Year: 2015..Recently a LC n-3 PUFA receptor, GPR120, has been identified that in mouse and cell models appears to modulate n-3 PUFA inhibition of nuclear factor kappa ..
- Ruth E Patterson; Fiscal Year: 2015..of omega 3 fatty acids will reduce breast tumor growth and metastasis and whether the w3 fatty acid receptor GPR120 is the critical mediator of those cancer-protective effects...
- The Role of GPR120 and Omega-3 Fatty Acids in Steatosis and Systemic InflammationSarah Carlson; Fiscal Year: 2013..the anti-inflammatory effects of omega-3 FAs involves the binding of a G-protein coupled receptor 120 (GPR120) with resultant inhibition of TNF-a and lipopolysaccharide-mediated inflammatory cascades...
- W SUE RITTER; Fiscal Year: 2016..control, may also have fatty acid receptor blocking effects at G-protein coupled receptors (GPR40 and/or GPR120) that are independent of fat oxidation...