Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FERMT2
Description: fermitin family member 2
Alias: KIND2, MIG2, PLEKHC1, UNC112, UNC112B, mig-2, fermitin family homolog 2, PH domain-containing family C member 1, kindlin 2, mitogen inducible gene 2 protein, pleckstrin homology domain containing, family C (with FERM domain) member 1, pleckstrin homology domain containing, family C member 1
Publications137 found, 100 shown here
- ..TGFBR3, FNDC3B, ARHGEF12, GAS7, FOXC1, ATXN2, TXNRD2); PACG (primary angle-closure glaucoma (EPDR1, CHAT, GLIS3, FERMT2, DPM2-FAM102); and exfoliation syndrome (XFS) glaucoma (CACNA1A)...
- Gujar M, Stricker A, Lundquist E. Flavin monooxygenases regulate Caenorhabditis elegans axon guidance and growth cone protrusion with UNC-6/Netrin signaling and Rac GTPases. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006998 pubmed publisher..From these studies we conclude that FMO-1, FMO-4, FMO-5, and EHBP-1 represent new players downstream of UNC-6/Netrin receptors and Rac GTPases that inhibit growth cone filopodial protrusion in repulsive axon guidance. ..
- Zheng C, Diaz Cuadros M, Chalfie M. GEFs and Rac GTPases control directional specificity of neurite extension along the anterior-posterior axis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:6973-8 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that directional specificity of neurite extension is conferred through the intracellular activation of distinct GEFs and Rac GTPases. ..
- Deming Y, Li Z, Kapoor M, Harari O, Del Aguila J, Black K, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies four novel loci associated with Alzheimer's endophenotypes and disease modifiers. Acta Neuropathol. 2017;133:839-856 pubmed publisher..Analyses of known AD risk loci suggest CLU and FERMT2 may influence CSF Aβ42 (P = 0.001 and P = 0...
- Khor C, Do T, Jia H, Nakano M, George R, Abu Amero K, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies five new susceptibility loci for primary angle closure glaucoma. Nat Genet. 2016;48:556-62 pubmed publisher..94 × 10(-15)), CHAT rs1258267 (OR = 1.22, P = 2.85 × 10(-16)), GLIS3 rs736893 (OR = 1.18, P = 1.43 × 10(-14)), FERMT2 rs7494379 (OR = 1.14, P = 3.43 × 10(-11)), and DPM2-FAM102A rs3739821 (OR = 1.15, P = 8.32 × 10(-12))...
- Johnson E, Dammer E, Duong D, Yin L, Thambisetty M, Troncoso J, et al. Deep proteomic network analysis of Alzheimer's disease brain reveals alterations in RNA binding proteins and RNA splicing associated with disease. Mol Neurodegener. 2018;13:52 pubmed publisher..of alternatively spliced protein isoforms in brain, including AD risk factors such as BIN1, PICALM, PTK2B, and FERMT2. Many of the new AD protein network modules were enriched in alternatively spliced proteins and correlated with ..
- Tian D, Diao M, Jiang Y, Sun L, Zhang Y, Chen Z, et al. Anillin Regulates Neuronal Migration and Neurite Growth by Linking RhoG to the Actin Cytoskeleton. Curr Biol. 2015;25:1135-45 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a novel pathway in which Anillin transduces the RhoG signal to the actin cytoskeleton during neuronal migration and neurite growth. ..
- Ren C, Du J, Xi C, Yu Y, Hu A, Zhan J, et al. Kindlin-2 inhibits serous epithelial ovarian cancer peritoneal dissemination and predicts patient outcomes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;446:187-94 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we concluded that inadequate Kindlin-2 is an independent risk factor for serous epithelial ovarian cancer patients. ..
- Karch C, Goate A. Alzheimer's disease risk genes and mechanisms of disease pathogenesis. Biol Psychiatry. 2015;77:43-51 pubmed publisher..new genes associated with AD risk, including ABCA7, BIN1, CASS4, CD33, CD2AP, CELF1, CLU, CR1, DSG2, EPHA1, FERMT2, HLA-DRB5-DBR1, INPP5D, MS4A, MEF2C, NME8, PICALM, PTK2B, SLC24H4-RIN3, SORL1, and ZCWPW1...
- Serra Cardona A, Petrezselyova S, Canadell D, Ramos J, Arino J. Coregulated expression of the Na+/phosphate Pho89 transporter and Ena1 Na+-ATPase allows their functional coupling under high-pH stress. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:4420-35 pubmed publisher..Crz1 through the calcium-activated phosphatase calcineurin, and it is under the control of several repressors (Mig2, Nrg1, and Nrg2) coordinately regulated by the Snf1 protein kinase and the Rim101 transcription factor...
- Liao Z, Kato H, Pandey M, Cantor J, Ablooglu A, Ginsberg M, et al. Interaction of kindlin-2 with integrin Î²3 promotes outside-in signaling responses by the Î±VÎ²3 vitronectin receptor. Blood. 2015;125:1995-2004 pubmed publisher..Thus, the Î²3/kindlin-2 interaction promotes outside-in Î±VÎ²3 signaling selectively, with biological consequences in vivo. ..
- Ou Y, Zhao Z, Wu C, Xu B, Song Y, Zhan Q. Mig-2 attenuates cisplatin-induced apoptosis of human glioma cells in vitro through AKT/JNK and AKT/p38 signaling pathways. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2014;35:1199-206 pubmed publisherMig-2 (also known as Kindlin-2 and FERMT2) is an important regulator of integrin activation and cell-extracellular matrix adhesion, and involved in carcinogenesis and tumor progression...
- Nørgaard S, Deng S, Cao W, Pocock R. Distinct CED-10/Rac1 domains confer context-specific functions in development. PLoS Genet. 2018;14:e1007670 pubmed publisher..Together, we reveal that specific domains and residues within Rac GTPases can confer context-dependent functions during animal development. ..
- Li B, Chi X, Song J, Tang Y, Du J, He X, et al. Integrin-interacting protein Kindlin-2 induces mammary tumors in transgenic mice. Sci China Life Sci. 2019;62:225-234 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrated that Kindlin-2 induces mammary tumor formation via activation of the Wnt signaling pathway. ..
- Wang Z, Chi Q, Sherwood D. MIG-10 (lamellipodin) has netrin-independent functions and is a FOS-1A transcriptional target during anchor cell invasion in C. elegans. Development. 2014;141:1342-53 pubmed publisher..These studies indicate that MIG-10 has distinct functions from UNC-40 signaling in cell invasion, and demonstrate that integrin coordinates invasion by localizing these molecules to the cell-basement membrane interface. ..
- Kawamura E, Hamilton G, Miskiewicz E, MacPhee D. Fermitin family homolog-2 (FERMT2) is highly expressed in human placental villi and modulates trophoblast invasion. BMC Dev Biol. 2018;18:19 pubmed publisher..Thus, we examined the spatiotemporal pattern of expression of Fermitin family homolog-2 (FERMT2) in human chorionic villi throughout gestation and its role in trophoblast-substrate adhesion and invasion...
- Miskiewicz E, MacPhee D. Lysis Buffer Choices Are Key Considerations to Ensure Effective Sample Solubilization for Protein Electrophoresis. Methods Mol Biol. 2019;1855:61-72 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results demonstrate the importance of optimizing lysis buffers for specific protein solubilization prior to finalizing the experimental workflow. ..
- Xu Y, Taru H, Jin Y, Quinn C. SYD-1C, UNC-40 (DCC) and SAX-3 (Robo) function interdependently to promote axon guidance by regulating the MIG-2 GTPase. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005185 pubmed publisher..Our observations reveal a molecular mechanism that can allow two guidance receptors to function interdependently to regulate a common downstream effector, providing a potential means for the integration of guidance signals. ..
- Qi L, Yu Y, Chi X, Xu W, Lu D, Song Y, et al. Kindlin-2 interacts with Î±-actinin-2 and Î²1 integrin to maintain the integrity of the Z-disc in cardiac muscles. FEBS Lett. 2015;589:2155-62 pubmed publisher..Our data indicated that Kindlin-2 is a novel Î±-actinin-2-interacting protein and plays an important role in the regulation of cardiac structure and function. ..
- Karras P, Riveiro Falkenbach E, Cañón E, Tejedo C, Calvo T, Martínez Herranz R, et al. p62/SQSTM1 Fuels Melanoma Progression by Opposing mRNA Decay of a Selective Set of Pro-metastatic Factors. Cancer Cell. 2019;35:46-63.e10 pubmed publisher..These include FERMT2 and other transcripts with no previous links to melanoma...
- Ali R, Khan A. Tracing the evolution of FERM domain of Kindlins. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2014;80:193-204 pubmed publisher..This study helps in developing a better understanding of evolutionary history of FERM domain of FDCPs and the role of FERM domain in metazoan evolution. ..
- Sossey Alaoui K, Plow E. miR-138-Mediated Regulation of KINDLIN-2 Expression Modulates Sensitivity to Chemotherapeutics. Mol Cancer Res. 2016;14:228-38 pubmed publisher..This study investigated the role of Kindlin-2 (FERMT2/K2), a member of the Kindlin family of FERM domain proteins and key regulators of the adhesive functions mediated ..
- Sossey Alaoui K, Pluskota E, Szpak D, Schiemann W, Plow E. The Kindlin-2 regulation of epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in breast cancer metastasis is mediated through miR-200b. Sci Rep. 2018;8:7360 pubmed publisher..Together, our data support the targeting of Kindlin-2 as a therapeutic strategy against BC metastasis. ..
- Kranc W, Brazert M, Budna J, Celichowski P, Bryja A, Nawrocki M, et al. Genes responsible for proliferation, differentiation, and junction adhesion are significantly up-regulated in human ovarian granulosa cells during a long-term primary in vitro culture. Histochem Cell Biol. 2019;151:125-143 pubmed publisher..Additionally, SKI, GLI2, FERMT2, and CDH2 could also be involved in GC in vitro proliferation and differentiation processes...
- Harburger D, Bouaouina M, Calderwood D. Kindlin-1 and -2 directly bind the C-terminal region of beta integrin cytoplasmic tails and exert integrin-specific activation effects. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:11485-97 pubmed publisher..We suggest that kindlins are adaptor proteins that regulate integrin activation, that kindlin expression levels determine their effects, and that kindlins may exert integrin-specific effects. ..
- Ren Y, Jin H, Xue Z, Xu Q, Wang S, Zhao G, et al. Kindlin-2 inhibited the growth and migration of colorectal cancer cells. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:4107-14 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study suggests the suppressive roles of Kindlin-2 in the pathogenesis of CRC. ..
- Kadry Y, Huet Calderwood C, Simon B, Calderwood D. Kindlin-2 interacts with a highly conserved surface of ILK to regulate focal adhesion localization and cell spreading. J Cell Sci. 2018;131: pubmed publisher..This article has an associated First Person interview with the first author of the paper. ..
- Suzuki A, Minamide R, Iwata J. The role of acetyltransferases for the temporal-specific accessibility of β-catenin to the myogenic gene locus. Sci Rep. 2018;8:15057 pubmed publisher..and differentiation through the regulation of the cyclin A2 (Ccna2)/cell division cycle 25C (Cdc25c) and Fermitin family homolog 2 (Fermt2) genes, respectively...
- Chen Y, Cao B, Chen X, Ou R, Wei Q, Zhao B, et al. The relationship between four GWAS-identified loci in Alzheimer's disease and the risk of Parkinson's disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, and multiple system atrophy. Neurosci Lett. 2018;686:205-210 pubmed publisher..with the risk of Alzheimer's disease (AD), including rs10838725 in CELF1, rs28834970 in PTK2B, rs17125944 in FERMT2, and rs10410544 in SIRT2 based on genome-wide association studies...
- Wang P, Chu W, Zhang X, Li B, Wu J, Qi L, et al. Kindlin-2 interacts with and stabilizes DNMT1 to promote breast cancer development. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2018;105:41-51 pubmed publisher..Kindlin-2 increased the occupancy of DNMT1 at E-cadherin promoter, thereby suppressing E-cadherin expression. Taken together, our data reveal that Kindlin-2 promotes breast cancer development by enhancing the stability of DNMT1. ..
- Schultz S, Bartsch H, Sotlar K, Petat Dutter K, Bonin M, Kahlert S, et al. Progression-specific genes identified in microdissected formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded tissue containing matched ductal carcinoma in situ and invasive ductal breast cancers. BMC Med Genomics. 2018;11:80 pubmed publisher..from the gene list obtained using fresh frozen tissues by applying pathway and network analysis (MMP11, GREM1, PLEKHC1, SULF1, THBS2, CSPG2, COL10A1, COL11A1, KRT14) were investigated in tissues from the same 15 microdissected ..
- Kikuchi T, Shibata Y, Kim H, Kubota Y, Yoshina S, Mitani S, et al. The BED finger domain protein MIG-39 halts migration of distal tip cells in Caenorhabditis elegans. Dev Biol. 2015;397:151-61 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which the anterior and posterior DTCs respond in an opposite manner to the levels of Rac activities in the cessation of DTC migration. ..
- Zhan J, Yang M, Zhang J, Guo Y, Liu W, Zhang H. Kindler syndrome protein Kindlin-1 is mainly expressed in adult tissues originating from ectoderm/endoderm. Sci China Life Sci. 2015;58:432-41 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that Kindlin-1 may play an importance role in the development of endoderm/ectoderm related tissues. ..
- Hinney A, Albayrak O, Antel J, Volckmar A, Sims R, Chapman J, et al. Genetic variation at the CELF1 (CUGBP, elav-like family member 1 gene) locus is genome-wide associated with Alzheimer's disease and obesity. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2014;165B:283-93 pubmed publisher..2) Four additional AD risk SNPs were nominally associated with obesity (rs17125944 at FERMT2, pBMI â€‰=â€‰4.03â€‰Ã—â€‰10(-05), pBMIâ€‰corr â€‰=â€‰2...
- Shulman J, Imboywa S, Giagtzoglou N, Powers M, Hu Y, Devenport D, et al. Functional screening in Drosophila identifies Alzheimer's disease susceptibility genes and implicates Tau-mediated mechanisms. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:870-7 pubmed publisher..Importantly, we also identify the fly orthologs of FERMT2 and CELF1 as Tau modifiers, and these loci have been independently validated as AD susceptibility loci in the ..
- Meller J, Rogozin I, Poliakov E, Meller N, Bedanov Pack M, Plow E, et al. Emergence and subsequent functional specialization of kindlins during evolution of cell adhesiveness. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:786-96 pubmed publisher..Comparison of kindlin 2 (K2)/kindlin 3 (K3) chimeras revealed that the F2 subdomain, in particular its C-terminal part, is crucial for ..
- Zeng F, Xie Y, Liao L, Li L, Chen B, Xie J, et al. Biological characterization of three immortalized esophageal epithelial cell lines. Mol Med Rep. 2016;14:4802-4810 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results demonstrate that these three focal adhesion components, particularly kindlin?2, may contribute to the carcinogenesis of esophageal squamous cells. ..
- Moslem M, Eggenschwiler R, Wichmann C, Buhmann R, Cantz T, Henschler R. Kindlin-2 Modulates the Survival, Differentiation, and Migration of Induced Pluripotent Cell-Derived Mesenchymal Stromal Cells. Stem Cells Int. 2017;2017:7316354 pubmed publisher..Thus, Kindlin-2 upregulates survival, proliferation, stemness, and migration potential in iPSC-MSCs and may therefore be beneficial in optimizing performance of iPSC-MSC in therapies. ..
- Zhan J, Song J, Wang P, Chi X, Wang Y, Guo Y, et al. Kindlin-2 induced by TGF-Î² signaling promotes pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma progression through downregulation of transcriptional factor HOXB9. Cancer Lett. 2015;361:75-85 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings demonstrated that TGF-Î²1-induced Kindlin-2 expression promotes PDAC progression by downregulation of HOXB9 and E-cadherin. ..
- Suzuki A, Pelikan R, Iwata J. WNT/Î²-Catenin Signaling Regulates Multiple Steps of Myogenesis by Regulating Step-Specific Targets. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:1763-76 pubmed publisher..the inhibition of WNT/Î²-catenin signaling blocks myoblast fusion through the inhibition of the Fermitin family homolog 2 (Fermt2) gene...
- Wu X, Liu W, Jiang H, Chen J, Wang J, Zhu R, et al. Kindlin-2 siRNA inhibits vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation, migration and intimal hyperplasia via Wnt signaling. Int J Mol Med. 2016;37:436-44 pubmed publisher..Therefore, blocking the activity of kindlin-2 represents a novel therapeutic strategy for vascular injury. ..
- Chu Y, Li H, Ma L, Xia Y. Establishment of a tumor neovascularization animal model with biomaterials in rabbit corneal pouch. Life Sci. 2018;202:98-102 pubmed publisher..It may be a better animal model for expanding the research in this area. ..
- Shi L, Wang X, Wang J, Zhang P, Qi F, Cai M, et al. Transcriptome analysis of Δmig1Δmig2 mutant reveals their roles in methanol catabolism, peroxisome biogenesis and autophagy in methylotrophic yeast Pichia pastoris. Genes Genomics. 2018;40:399-412 pubmed publisherTwo catabolite repressor genes (MIG1 and MIG2) were previously identified in Pichia pastoris, and the derepression of alcohol oxidase (AOX) expression was realized in Δmig1 or Δmig1Δmig2 mutants grown in glycerol, but not in glucose...
- Bialkowska K, Byzova T, Plow E. Site-specific phosphorylation of kindlin-3 protein regulates its capacity to control cellular responses mediated by integrin Î±IIbÎ²3. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:6226-42 pubmed publisher..These data identify a role of kindlin-3 phosphorylation in integrin Î²3 activation and provide a basis for functional differences between kindlin-3 and the two other kindlin paralogs. ..
- Zhang H, Alshareef A, Wu C, Li S, Jiao J, Cao H, et al. Loss of miR-200b promotes invasion via activating the Kindlin-2/integrin β1/AKT pathway in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma: An E-cadherin-independent mechanism. Oncotarget. 2015;6:28949-60 pubmed publisher..01). These data highlight that suppression of the Kindlin-2-integrin β1-AKT regulatory axis is an alternative mechanism underlying the tumor suppressor function of miR-200b in ESCC. ..
- Wu X, Jiang H, Chen J, Hu Q, Zhang J, Wang J. [Kindlin-2 regulates migration and adhesion of vascular smooth muscle cells via Î²1-integrin]. Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2014;42:938-43 pubmed..05).However, the expression level of total Î²1-integrin on the VSMCs surface was similar among the three groups. Kindin-2 can regulate VSMCs migration and adhesion and activate Î²1-integrin on the surface of VSMCs. ..
- Nettiksimmons J, TRANAH G, Evans D, Yokoyama J, Yaffe K. Gene-based aggregate SNP associations between candidate AD genes and cognitive decline. Age (Dordr). 2016;38:41 pubmed publisher..SNPs) in and near ABCA7, BIN1, CASS4, CD2AP, CD33, CELF1, CLU, complement receptor 1 (CR1), EPHA1, EXOC3L2, FERMT2, HLA cluster (DRB5-DQA), INPP5D, MEF2C, MS4A cluster (MS4A3-MS4A6E), NME8, PICALM, PTK2B, SLC24A4, SORL1, and ..
- Feng G, Zhu Z, Li W, Lin Q, Chai Y, Dong M, et al. Hippo kinases maintain polarity during directional cell migration in Caenorhabditis elegans. EMBO J. 2017;36:334-345 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose that the Hippo-RhoG feedback regulation maintains cell polarity during directional cell motility. ..
- Wang X, Lopez O, Sweet R, Becker J, DeKosky S, Barmada M, et al. Genetic determinants of disease progression in Alzheimer's disease. J Alzheimers Dis. 2015;43:649-55 pubmed publisher..05) either within or adjacent to seven known LOAD genes (INPP5D, MEF2C, TREM2, EPHA1, PTK2B, FERMT2, and CASS4) that harbor both risk and protective SNPs...
- Guo B, Gao J, Zhan J, Zhang H. Kindlin-2 interacts with and stabilizes EGFR and is required for EGF-induced breast cancer cell migration. Cancer Lett. 2015;361:271-81 pubmed publisher..Depletion of Kindlin-2 impaired EGF-induced cell migration. Our results demonstrated that Kindlin-2 participates in EGFR signaling and regulates breast cancer progression. ..
- Vega M, Riera A, Fernández Cid A, Herrero P, Moreno F. Hexokinase 2 Is an Intracellular Glucose Sensor of Yeast Cells That Maintains the Structure and Activity of Mig1 Protein Repressor Complex. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:7267-85 pubmed publisher..context, Hxk2 functions through a variety of structurally unrelated factors, mainly the DNA-binding Mig1 and Mig2 repressors and the regulatory Snf1 and Reg1 factors...
- Nongpiur M, Cheng C, Duvesh R, Vijayan S, Baskaran M, Khor C, et al. Evaluation of Primary Angle-Closure Glaucoma Susceptibility Loci in Patients with Early Stages of Angle-Closure Disease. Ophthalmology. 2018;125:664-670 pubmed publisher..between PCMTD1 and ST18 son chromosome 8q, rs3816415 at EPDR1, rs1258267 at CHAT, rs736893 at GLIS3, rs7494379 at FERMT2, and rs3739821 mapping in between DPM2 and FAM102A) were genotyped by Taqman assays...
- Keck M, van Dijk R, Deeg C, Kistler K, Walker A, von RÃ¼den E, et al. Proteomic profiling of epileptogenesis in a rat model: Focus on cell stress, extracellular matrix and angiogenesis. Neurobiol Dis. 2018;112:119-135 pubmed publisher..These for instance include different members of the lamin protein family as well as the fermitin family member 2 (FERMT2)...
- Wu C, Jiao H, Lai Y, Zheng W, Chen K, Qu H, et al. Kindlin-2 controls TGF-β signalling and Sox9 expression to regulate chondrogenesis. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7531 pubmed publisher..These studies uncover a previously unrecognized function for Kindlin-2 and a mechanism for regulation of the chondrocyte differentiation programme and chondrogenesis. ..
- Wei X, Wang X, Zhan J, Chen Y, Fang W, Zhang L, et al. Smurf1 inhibits integrin activation by controlling Kindlin-2 ubiquitination and degradation. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:1455-1471 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we demonstrate that Smurf1 acts as a brake for integrin activation by controlling Kindlin-2 protein levels, a new mechanism that permits precise modulation of integrin-mediated cellular functions. ..
- Wang X, Wei X, Yuan Y, Sun Q, Zhan J, Zhang J, et al. Src-mediated phosphorylation converts FHL1 from tumor suppressor to tumor promoter. J Cell Biol. 2018;217:1335-1351 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we demonstrate that FHL1 can either suppress or promote tumor cell growth depending on the status of the sites for phosphorylation by Src. ..
- Oksala N, PÃ¤rssinen J, SeppÃ¤lÃ¤ I, Klopp N, Illig T, Laaksonen R, et al. Kindlin 3 (FERMT3) is associated with unstable atherosclerotic plaques, anti-inflammatory type II macrophages and upregulation of beta-2 integrins in all major arterial beds. Atherosclerosis. 2015;242:145-54 pubmed publisher..0001 for all) and ITGB2 (MA: 4.81- and 4.92-fold; LDA: 5.29-fold, p < 0.0001 for all) were upregulated while FERMT2 was downregulated (MA: -1.61-fold; LDA: -2.88-fold, p < 0.0001 for both)...
- Walck Shannon E, Reiner D, Hardin J. Polarized Rac-dependent protrusions drive epithelial intercalation in the embryonic epidermis of C. elegans. Development. 2015;142:3549-60 pubmed publisher..CRML-1 genetically suppresses UNC-73 function and, indirectly, actin polymerization. This network identifies a novel, molecularly conserved cassette that regulates epithelial intercalation via basolateral protrusive activity. ..
- Stutchbury B, Atherton P, Tsang R, Wang D, Ballestrem C. Distinct focal adhesion protein modules control different aspects of mechanotransduction. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:1612-1624 pubmed publisher..The turnover rates of FAK and paxillin, as well as kindlin2 (also known as FERMT2), are not influenced by substrate stiffness...
- Xiao Q, Liu Z, Tao S, Sun Y, Jiang D, Li H, et al. Risk prediction for sporadic Alzheimer's disease using genetic risk score in the Han Chinese population. Oncotarget. 2015;6:36955-64 pubmed publisher..87 x 10(-11)~0.048), including rs9349407 in CD2AP, rs11218343 in SORL1, rs17125944 in FERMT2, rs6859 in PVRL2, rs157580 and rs2075650 in TOMM40...
- Qi L, Yu Y, Chi X, Lu D, Song Y, Zhang Y, et al. Depletion of Kindlin-2 induces cardiac dysfunction in mice. Sci China Life Sci. 2016;59:1123-1130 pubmed..Furthermore, decreased expression of Kindlin-2 led to cardiac dysfunction and also markedly impairs systolic function. Our data indicated that Kindlin-2 not only maintains the cardiac structure but also is required for cardiac function. ..
- Lin E, Tsai S, Kuo P, Liu Y, Yang A, Kao C. Association and interaction effects of Alzheimer's disease-associated genes and lifestyle on cognitive aging in older adults in a Taiwanese population. Oncotarget. 2017;8:24077-24087 pubmed publisher..diseases (AD) has been associated with the ABCA7, APOE, BIN1, CASS4, CD2AP, CD33, CELF1, CLU, CR1, DSG2, EPHA1, FERMT2, HLA-DRB1, HLA-DRB4, INPP5D, MEF2C, MS4A4A, MS4A4E, MS4A6E, NME8, PICALM, PLD3, PTK2B, RIN3, SLC24A4, SORL1, and ..
- Plubell D, Wilmarth P, Zhao Y, Fenton A, Minnier J, Reddy A, et al. Extended Multiplexing of Tandem Mass Tags (TMT) Labeling Reveals Age and High Fat Diet Specific Proteome Changes in Mouse Epididymal Adipose Tissue. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2017;16:873-890 pubmed publisher..g. C3, C4b, C8, C9, CFB, CFH, FGA), extracellular remodeling (e.g. EFEMP1, FBN1, FBN2, LTBP4, FERMT2, ECM1, EMILIN2, ITIH3) and apoptosis (e.g. YAP1, HIP1, NDRG1, PRKCD, MUL1) pathways...
- Yasuda Yamahara M, Rogg M, Frimmel J, Trachte P, Helmstaedter M, Schroder P, et al. FERMT2 links cortical actin structures, plasma membrane tension and focal adhesion function to stabilize podocyte morphology. Matrix Biol. 2018;68-69:263-279 pubmed publisher..By uncovering the functional role of fermitin family member 2 (FERMT2 or kindlin-2) in podocytes, we provide now evidence, how cell-extracellular matrix (ECM) interactions modulate ..
- Zhan J, Zhang H. Kindlins: Roles in development and cancer progression. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2018;98:93-103 pubmed publisher..We also briefly descript the role of Kindlins in other diseases. Finally, we update the recent understanding of how Kindlins are regulated and modified as well as the degradation mechanism of Kindlins, respectively. ..
- Yoshida N, Masamune A, Hamada S, Kikuta K, Takikawa T, Motoi F, et al. Kindlin-2 in pancreatic stellate cells promotes the progression of pancreatic cancer. Cancer Lett. 2017;390:103-114 pubmed publisher..InÂ vivo, co-injection of PSCs increased the size of the tumors, but this effect was abolished by kindlin-2 knockdown in PSCs. In conclusion, kindlin-2 in PSCs promoted the progression of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Delay C, Grenier Boley B, Amouyel P, Dumont J, Lambert J. miRNA-dependent target regulation: functional characterization of single-nucleotide polymorphisms identified in genome-wide association studies of Alzheimer's disease. Alzheimers Res Ther. 2016;8:20 pubmed publisher..The AD-associated rs7143400-T allele (located in 3' untranslated region [3'-UTR] of FERMT2) cotransfected with miR-4504 resulted in lower protein levels relative to the rs7143400-G allele cotransfected ..
- Farfel J, Yu L, Buchman A, Schneider J, De Jager P, Bennett D. Relation of genomic variants for Alzheimer disease dementia to common neuropathologies. Neurology. 2016;87:489-96 pubmed publisher..additional genomic variants including rs6656401 (CR1), rs1476679 (ZCWPW1), rs35349669 (INPP5D), and rs17125944 (FERMT2) had p values less than 0.05...
- Yang J, SHI X, Huang J, Long Z, Xiao B, Ruan Z, et al. [Effect of the Integrin Î²3 Cytoplasmic NITY Motif on Î± II bÎ²3-Mediated Cell Functions in CHO Cell Model]. Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi. 2015;23:768-73 pubmed publisher..Deletion of NITY motif causes an impaired ability of adhesion. The deletion mutation can suppress kindlin-2 binding to integrin Î²3, thereby partially inhibit the integrin Î²3 signaling. ..
- Zhang Z, Mu Y, Veevers J, Peter A, Manso A, Bradford W, et al. Postnatal Loss of Kindlin-2 Leads to Progressive Heart Failure. Circ Heart Fail. 2016;9: pubmed publisher..Postnatal loss of Kindlin-2 from cardiac myocytes leads to progressive heart failure, showing the importance of costameric proteins like Kindlin-2 for homeostasis of normal heart function. ..
- Li M, Pei X, Wang G, Zhan J, Du J, Jiang H, et al. Kindlinâ€‘2 promotes clear cell renal cell carcinoma progression through the Wnt signaling pathway. Oncol Rep. 2017;38:1551-1560 pubmed publisher..Kindlinâ€‘2 may regulate CCRCC progression through the Wnt signaling pathway, promoting CCRCC cell proliferation, migration and invasion. ..
- Ma Y, Qin J, Wu C, Plow E. Kindlin-2 (Mig-2): a co-activator of beta3 integrins. J Cell Biol. 2008;181:439-46 pubmed publisher..Our results thus identify kindlin-2 as a novel regulator of integrin activation; it functions as a coactivator. ..
- Lai Cheong J, Parsons M, McGrath J. The role of kindlins in cell biology and relevance to human disease. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2010;42:595-603 pubmed publisher..They are encoded by three different genes, namely KIND1 (FERMT1; chromosome 20p12.3), KIND2 (FERMT2; chromosome 14q22.1) and KIND3 (FERMT3; chromosome 11q13.1)...
- Qu H, Tu Y, Shi X, Larjava H, Saleem M, Shattil S, et al. Kindlin-2 regulates podocyte adhesion and fibronectin matrix deposition through interactions with phosphoinositides and integrins. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:879-91 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal important functions of kindlin-2 in the regulation of podocyte-matrix adhesion and matrix deposition and shed new light on the mechanism whereby kindlin-2 functions in these processes. ..
- Maier K, He Y, Wölfle U, Esser P, Brummer T, Schempp C, et al. UV-B-induced cutaneous inflammation and prospects for antioxidant treatment in Kindler syndrome. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:5339-5352 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we established organotypic KS models, a valuable in vitro tool for research with a morphology similar to the skin of patients in situ. ..
- Borgen M, Wang D, Grill B. RPM-1 regulates axon termination by affecting growth cone collapse and microtubule stability. Development. 2017;144:4658-4672 pubmed publisher..These findings provide insight into how growth cone collapse is regulated during axon termination in vivo, and suggest that RPM-1 signaling destabilizes microtubules to facilitate growth cone collapse and axon termination. ..
- Guan S, Chng C, Ong L, Tan H, Law S, Tan S. The binding interface of kindlin-2 and ILK involves Asp344/Asp352/Thr356 in kindlin-2 and Arg243/Arg334 in ILK. FEBS Lett. 2017;: pubmed publisher..These data provide additional insights into the binding interface between kindlin-2 and ILK. This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved...
- Cao H, Zhang S, SHEN J, Wu Z, Wu J, Wang S, et al. A three-protein signature and clinical outcome in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2015;6:5435-48 pubmed..This study demonstrates a clinically applicable prognostic model that accurately predicts ESCC patient survival and/or tumor recurrence, and thus could serve as a complement to current risk stratification approaches. ..
- Nicoletti J, White B, Miskiewicz E, Macphee D. Induction of expression and phosphorylation of heat shock protein B5 (CRYAB) in rat myometrium during pregnancy and labour. Reproduction. 2016;152:69-79 pubmed publisher..cell line and confocal microscopy demonstrated that pSer59-CRYAB co-localized with the focal adhesion protein FERMT2 at the ends of actin filaments as well as with the exosomal marker CD63...
- Lai Cheong J, Ussar S, Arita K, Hart I, McGrath J. Colocalization of kindlin-1, kindlin-2, and migfilin at keratinocyte focal adhesion and relevance to the pathophysiology of Kindler syndrome. J Invest Dermatol. 2008;128:2156-65 pubmed publisher..as loss of kindlin-1 expression in HaCaT keratinocytes by RNA interference and in KS keratinocytes does not affect KIND2 or FBLIM1 (migfilin) gene expression or kindlin-2 and migfilin protein localization...
- Bledzka K, Bialkowska K, Nie H, Qin J, Byzova T, Wu C, et al. Tyrosine phosphorylation of integrin beta3 regulates kindlin-2 binding and integrin activation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:30370-4 pubmed publisher..These observations indicate that transitions between the phosphorylated and non-phosphorylated states of the integrin ?(3) CT determine reactivity with kindlin-2 and govern the role of kindlin-2 in regulating integrin activation. ..
- He Y, Esser P, Heinemann A, Bruckner Tuderman L, Has C. Kindlin-1 and -2 have overlapping functions in epithelial cells implications for phenotype modification. Am J Pathol. 2011;178:975-82 pubmed publisher..This first example of environmental regulation of kindlin expression has implications for phenotype modulation in Kindler syndrome, a skin disorder caused by kindlin-1 deficiency. ..
- Liu J, Fukuda K, Xu Z, Ma Y, HIRBAWI J, Mao X, et al. Structural basis of phosphoinositide binding to kindlin-2 protein pleckstrin homology domain in regulating integrin activation. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:43334-42 pubmed publisher..Moreover, they shed light upon a mechanism as to how the PH domain mediates membrane engagement of kindlin-2 to promote its binding to integrin and cooperation with talin for regulation of integrin activation. ..
- Chandrashekarappa D, McCartney R, O Donnell A, Schmidt M. The ? subunit of yeast AMP-activated protein kinase directs substrate specificity in response to alkaline stress. Cell Signal. 2016;28:1881-1893 pubmed publisher..The effect of low glucose and alkaline stresses was examined for two Snf1 phosphorylation substrates, the Mig1 and Mig2 proteins. Any of the three isoforms was capable of phosphorylating Mig1 in response to glucose stress...
- Sossey Alaoui K, Pluskota E, Bialkowska K, Szpak D, Parker Y, Morrison C, et al. Kindlin-2 Regulates the Growth of Breast Cancer Tumors by Activating CSF-1-Mediated Macrophage Infiltration. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5129-5141 pubmed publisher..In this study, we show how the integrin-regulatory protein kindlin-2 (FERMT2) promotes metastatic progression of breast cancer through the recruitment and subversion of host macrophages...
- Xue X, Li J, Wan W, Shi X, Zheng Y. Kindlin-2 could influence breast nodule elasticity and improve lymph node metastasis in invasive breast cancer. Sci Rep. 2017;7:6753 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Kindlin-2 and collagen might contribute to breast nodule elasticity through molecular mechanisms. In breast cancer, overexpression of Kindlin-2 might be a risk factor for lymph node metastasis. ..