Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FBXW11
Description: F-box and WD repeat domain containing 11
Alias: BTRC2, BTRCP2, FBW1B, FBXW1B, Fbw11, Hos, F-box and WD repeats protein beta-TrCP2, F-box and WD-40 domain protein 11, F-box and WD-40 domain protein 1B, F-box protein Fbw1b, F-box/WD repeat-containing protein 1B, beta-transducin repeat-containing protein 2, homologous to Slimb protein
Publications185 found, 100 shown here
- M-phase kinases induce phospho-dependent ubiquitination of somatic Wee1 by SCFbeta-TrCPNobumoto Watanabe
Antibiotics Laboratory, Discovery Research Institute, RIKEN, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:4419-24. 2004..These results also establish the existence of a feedback loop between Cdc2 and Wee1A in somatic cells that depends on ubiquitination and protein degradation and ensures the rapid activation of Cdc2 when cells are ready to divide...
- A cytoplasmic tail determinant in HIV-1 Vpu mediates targeting of tetherin for endosomal degradation and counteracts interferon-induced restrictionTonya Kueck
Department of Infectious Disease, King s College London School of Medicine, Guy s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
PLoS Pathog 8:e1002609. 2012....
- Phosphorylation by casein kinase I promotes the turnover of the Mdm2 oncoprotein via the SCF(beta-TRCP) ubiquitin ligaseHiroyuki Inuzuka
Department of Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Cell 18:147-59. 2010..Our results provide insight into the signaling pathways controlling Mdm2 destruction and further suggest that compromised regulation of Mdm2 results in attenuated p53 activity, thereby facilitating tumor progression...
- SCFbeta-TRCP controls clock-dependent transcription via casein kinase 1-dependent degradation of the mammalian period-1 (Per1) proteinTakahiro Shirogane
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 280:26863-72. 2005....
- SCFbetaTrCP-mediated degradation of Claspin regulates recovery from the DNA replication checkpoint responseAngelo Peschiaroli
Department of Pathology, NYU Cancer Institute, New York University School of Medicine, MSB 599, New York, New York 10016, USA
Mol Cell 23:319-29. 2006..Importantly, in response to DNA damage in G2, Claspin proteolysis is inhibited to allow the prompt reestablishment of the checkpoint...
- Wilms tumor suppressor WTX negatively regulates WNT/beta-catenin signalingMichael B Major
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Washington School of Medicine, Box 357370, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Science 316:1043-6. 2007..These data provide a possible mechanistic explanation for the tumor suppressor activity of WTX...
- Degradation of Cdc25A by beta-TrCP during S phase and in response to DNA damageLuca Busino
European Institute of Oncology, 435 Via Ripamonti, 20141 Milan, Italy
Nature 426:87-91. 2003..Our results show that beta-TrCP has a crucial role in mediating the response to DNA damage through Cdc25A degradation...
- Identification of substrates for F-box proteinsJianping Jin
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Methods Enzymol 399:287-309. 2005..In addition, we describe approaches for the use of immobilized phosphopeptides to identify F-box proteins that recognize particular phosphodegrons...
- Polo-like kinase-1 controls proteasome-dependent degradation of Claspin during checkpoint recoveryIvan Mamely
Unidad de Investigacion, Hospital Universitario de Canarias, Ofra s n, La Cuesta, 38320 Tenerife, Spain
Curr Biol 16:1950-5. 2006..Moreover, our data demonstrate that the degradation of Claspin at the onset of mitosis is an essential step for the recovery of a cell from a DNA-damage-induced cell-cycle arrest...
- Silencing of both beta-TrCP1 and HOS (beta-TrCP2) is required to suppress human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Vpu-mediated CD4 down-modulationChristophe Butticaz
Institute of Microbiology, University Hospital of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Virol 81:1502-5. 2007..Mammals possess a homologue of beta-TrCP1, HOS, which is also named beta-TrCP2...
- IkappaBalpha ubiquitination is catalyzed by an SCF-like complex containing Skp1, cullin-1, and two F-box/WD40-repeat proteins, betaTrCP1 and betaTrCP2H Suzuki
Institute for Drug Discovery Research, Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, 21 Miyukigaoka, Ibaraki, Tsukuba shi, 305 8585, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 256:127-32. 1999..These results indicate that the long-sought IkappaBalpha-E3 is an SCF-like complex consisting of multiple proteins which are coordinately assembled during phosphorylation of IkappaBalpha in response to external signals...
- SCF(HOS) ubiquitin ligase mediates the ligand-induced down-regulation of the interferon-alpha receptorK G Suresh Kumar
Department of Animal Biology, University of Pennsylvania, 3800 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6046, USA
EMBO J 22:5480-90. 2003..Here we show that IFNAR1 interacts with the Homolog of Slimb (HOS) F-box protein in a phosphorylation-dependent manner, and that this interaction is promoted by interferon alpha (..
- SCFbeta-TRCP links Chk1 signaling to degradation of the Cdc25A protein phosphataseJianping Jin
Department of Pathology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Genes Dev 17:3062-74. 2003..These data indicate that Cdc25A turnover is more complex than previously appreciated and suggest roles for an additional kinase(s) in Chk1-dependent Cdc25A turnover...
- Negative regulation of prolactin receptor stability and signaling mediated by SCF(beta-TrCP) E3 ubiquitin ligaseYing Li
Department of Animal Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:4038-48. 2004..These data indicate that PRLR is a novel SCF(beta-TrCP) substrate and implicate beta-TrCP as an important negative regulator of PRL signaling and cellular responses to this hormone...
- SAG/ROC-SCF beta-TrCP E3 ubiquitin ligase promotes pro-caspase-3 degradation as a mechanism of apoptosis protectionMingjia Tan
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0936, USA
Neoplasia 8:1042-54. 2006..Thus, pro-caspase-3 appears to be a substrate of SAG/ROC-SCF(beta-TrCP) E3 Ub ligase, which protects cells from apoptosis through increased apoptosis threshold by reducing the basal level of pro-caspase-3...
- Phosphorylation and specific ubiquitin acceptor sites are required for ubiquitination and degradation of the IFNAR1 subunit of type I interferon receptorK G Suresh Kumar
Department of Animal Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 279:46614-20. 2004..We discuss the complexities and specifics of the ubiquitination and degradation of IFNAR1, which is a beta-Trcp substrate that undergoes degradation via a lysosomal pathway...
- Recruitment of a ROC1-CUL1 ubiquitin ligase by Skp1 and HOS to catalyze the ubiquitination of I kappa B alphaP Tan
Derald H Ruttenberg Cancer Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Mol Cell 3:527-33. 1999..protein, is recruited by cullin 1 to form a quatemary SCFHOS-ROC1 holenzyme (with Skp1 and the beta-TRCP homolog HOS)...
- HOS, a human homolog of Slimb, forms an SCF complex with Skp1 and Cullin1 and targets the phosphorylation-dependent degradation of IkappaB and beta-cateninS Y Fuchs
Derald H Ruttenberg Cancer Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Oncogene 18:2039-46. 1999..We identified a human F-box/WD40 repeats protein (HOS), which is homologous to Slimb/h betaTrCP...
- Holoprosencephaly and preaxial polydactyly associated with a 1.24 Mb duplication encompassing FBXW11 at 5q35.1David A Koolen
Department of Human Genetics, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, 9101, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Hum Genet 51:721-6. 2006..1. The duplicated region encompasses seven genes: RANBP17, TLX3, NPM1, FGF18, FBXW11, STK10, and DC-UbP...
- Fas-associated factor 1 is a scaffold protein that promotes β-transducin repeat-containing protein (β-TrCP)-mediated β-catenin ubiquitination and degradationLong Zhang
Department of Molecular Cell Biology and Centre for Biomedical Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 287:30701-10. 2012..Moreover, ectopic FAF1 expression reduces breast cancer cell migration in vitro and invasion/metastasis in vivo. Thus, our studies strengthen a tumor-suppressive function for FAF1...
- Crystal structure of dimeric heme oxygenase-2 from Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 in complex with hemeMasakazu Sugishima
Department of Biology, Graduate School of Science, Osaka University, Toyonaka, Osaka 560 0043, Japan
Biochemistry 44:4257-66. 2005..Although heme-Syn HO-2 shares common folding with other HOs, the C-terminal segment is ordered and turns back to the heme-binding side...
- Carbon monoxide in biology and microbiology: surprising roles for the "Detroit perfume"Kelly S Davidge
Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, The University of Sheffield, Firth Court, Sheffield, UK
Adv Microb Physiol 56:85-167. 2009..However, CO is also generated endogenously by heme oxygenases (HOs) in mammals and microbes, and its extraordinary biological activities are now recognized and increasingly utilized ..
- Inhibition of growth of human osteosarcomas by antagonists of growth hormone-releasing hormoneJ Pinski
Endocrine, Polypeptide, and Cancer Institute, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, New Orleans, LA 70146, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 87:1787-94. 1995..Recently, we synthesized various potent antagonists of GH-releasing hormone (GH-RH), including [Ibu0, D-Arg2, Phe(4-Cl)6, Abu15, Nle27]hGH-RH(1-28)Agm, which is also called MZ-4-71...
- Heme oxygenases in pregnancy II: HO-2 is downregulated in human pathologic pregnanciesA C Zenclussen
Charite, Biomedizinisches Forschungszentrum, Campus Virchow, Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany
Am J Reprod Immunol 50:66-76. 2003..Here we investigated whether the expression of HO-1 and HO-2 is also reduced at the feto-maternal interface of pathologic human pregnancies...
- The Medicare Health Outcomes Survey program: overview, context, and near-term prospectsNathaniel Jones
Maryland Institute for Policy Analysis and Research MIPAR, University of Maryland, Baltimore County UMBC, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 2:33. 2004In 1996, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) initiated the Medicare Health Outcomes Survey (HOS)...
- Sperm-preparation techniques for men with normal and abnormal semen analysis. A comparisonC T Erel
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cerrahpasa School of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
J Reprod Med 45:917-22. 2000..techniques, density gradient centrifugation and swim-up procedures, with respect to their effects on acrosome reaction (AR), hypoosmotic swelling (HOS) and nuclear maturity in men with abnormal and normal semen analyses.
- Patient desire for information and decision making in health care decisions: the Autonomy Preference Index and the Health Opinion SurveyR F Nease
Department of Medicine, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire, USA
J Gen Intern Med 10:593-600. 1995OBJECTIVES: To compare results on the Autonomy Preference Index (API) and the Health Opinion Survey (HOS), two instruments that measure patient desire for information and involvement in decision making. DESIGN: Cross-sectional survey...
- Activation of mitogen activated protein kinases via complement receptor type 2Min Hua Luo
Institut fur Hygiene, Innsbruck Universität, Fritz Pregl Str sse, A 6010 Innsbruck, Austria
Chin Med J (Engl) 117:1802-8. 2004....
- Vector-based Ape1 small interfering RNA enhances the sensitivity of human osteosarcoma cells to endostatin in vivoDong Wang
Cancer Center, and Department of Pathology, Daping Hospital and Research Institute of Surgery, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400042, China
Cancer Sci 98:1993-2001. 2007..Transfection of human osteosarcoma 9901 and HOS cells with pSilenceApe1 resulted in a dose-dependent loss of Ape1 protein...
- Multiple heme oxygenase family members contribute to the biosynthesis of the phytochrome chromophore in ArabidopsisThomas J Emborg
Department of Genetics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 53706, USA
Plant Physiol 140:856-68. 2006The oxidative cleavage of heme by heme oxygenases (HOs) to form biliverdin IXalpha (BV) is the committed step in the biosynthesis of the phytochrome (phy) chromophore and thus essential for proper photomorphogenesis in plants...
- Acute non-outbreak shigellosis: ten years experience in southern TaiwanChi Hung Wu
Department of Pediatrics, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chiayi, Taiwan
Chang Gung Med J 32:59-65. 2009..We conducted a retrospective study of both the clinical and laboratory characteristics of shigellosis in southern Taiwan...
- The potential fertility estimation capacity of the hypoosmotic swelling test, the thermal stress test and a modified cervical mucus penetration test in the bovineSuleyman Bacinoglu
Department of Reproduction and Artificial Insemination, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Istanbul University, 34320 Istanbul, Turkey
Anim Reprod Sci 104:38-46. 2008In this study, hypoosmotic swelling (HOS), thermal stress (TS) and modified cervical mucus penetration (mCMP) tests have been used with routine tests for the assessment of semen quality...
- Elevated plasma levels of bilirubin in patients with neurotrauma reflect its pathophysiological role in free radical scavengingKenji Dohi
Department of Critical Care and Emergency Medicine, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
In Vivo 19:855-60. 2005Bilirubin, a powerful endogenous antioxidant, is one of the catabolites of heme oxygenases (HOs). In this study, the plasma bilirubin concentration was measured to establish bilirubin kinesis after traumatic brain injury (TBI)...
- Heme oxygenase 2 of the cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 is induced under a microaerobic atmosphere and is required for microaerobic growth at high light intensityMete Yilmaz
Division of Biology and Medicine, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Photosynth Res 103:47-59. 2010..Light intensity did not have an effect on the expression of both the HOs. Cells, in which ho2 was disrupted, were unable to grow microaerobically at a light intensity of 40 micromol m(-2) ..
- Platinum agents in the treatment of osteosarcoma: efficacy of cisplatin vs. carboplatin in human osteosarcoma cell linesH Robson
Tumour Biochemistry Laboratory, Clinical Research Department, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Med Pediatr Oncol 39:573-80. 2002..Studies evaluating the role of combination CT containing CBDCA vs. cDDP have demonstrated differing results depending on the tumor type tested and its role in the treatment of osteosarcoma has yet to be clarified...
- Inhibitory effects of antisense cathepsin B cDNA transfection on invasion and motility in a human osteosarcoma cell lineS Krueger
Department of Pathology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Germany
Cancer Res 59:6010-4. 1999..To investigate the role of cathepsin B in bone tumor invasion, the osteosarcoma cell line MNNG/HOS was stably transfected with an expression vector capable of expressing the antisense cDNA transcript of cathepsin B...
- The hydrogen-bonding network in heme oxygenase also functions as a modulator of enzyme dynamics: chaotic motions upon disrupting the H-bond network in heme oxygenase from Pseudomonas aeruginosaJuan Carlos Rodriguez
Ralph N Adams Institute for Bioanalytical Chemistry and Department of Chemistry, University of Kansas, Multidisciplinary Research Building, 2030 Becker Drive, Room 220 E, Lawrence, Kansas 66047, USA
J Am Chem Soc 129:11730-42. 2007..state pa-HO shows that residues involved in the network of structural hydrogen-bonded waters characteristic of HOs undergo micros-ms motions in pa-HO-CN, which was studied as a model of the highly paramagnetic S = 5/2 resting ..
- Reactive oxygen species, total antioxidant concentration of seminal plasma and their effect on sperm parameters and outcome of IVF/ICSI patientsM E Hammadeh
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Saarlandes, 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 277:515-26. 2008..of IVF (in vitro fertilization) and ICSI patients, to establish their effect on sperm quality (count, vitality, HOS, morphology, maturity, DNA strand breaks) and assess the fertilization potential of spermatozoa and IVF/ICSI outcome...
- Effect of interesterification of palmitic acid-rich triacylglycerol on postprandial lipid and factor VII responseSarah E E Berry
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, Nutritional Sciences Research Division, King s College London, Franklin Wilkins Building, 150 Stamford Street, London, SE1 9NH, UK
Lipids 42:315-23. 2007..g fat [interesterified palm oil (IPO) versus native palm oil (NPO); n=20, and IPO versus high-oleic sunflower oil (HOS); n=18], on postprandial changes in lipids, glucose, insulin, chylomicron composition and FVIIa...
- Efficacy of the third-generation bisphosphonate risedronate alone and in combination with anticancer drugs against osteosarcoma cell linesTakashi Murayama
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kagoshima Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima, Japan
Anticancer Res 28:2147-54. 2008..However, the efficacies of BPs against osteosarcoma have not yet been fully elucidated, and the anti-osteosarcoma activity of the potent new-generation BP risedronate, which is widely used clinically, has not been determined...
- Magnetically labeled human natural killer cells, accumulated in vitro by an external magnetic force, are effective against HOS osteosarcoma cellsYuko Nakashima
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Int J Oncol 27:965-71. 2005..killer (NK) cell delivery system in vitro, and also investigated the antitumor effect of the accumulated cells on HOS osteosarcoma cells...
- Spectroscopic insights into axial ligation and active-site H-bonding in substrate-bound human heme oxygenase-2Jessica D Gardner
Department of Chemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1101 University Ave, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Biol Inorg Chem 15:1117-27. 2010Heme oxygenases (HOs) are monooxygenases that catalyze the first step in heme degradation, converting heme to biliverdin with concomitant release of Fe(II) and CO from the porphyrin macrocycle...
- Human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 infection leads to arrest in the G1 phase of the cell cycleMeihong Liu
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
J Virol 82:8442-55. 2008..In contrast, cells of a human osteosarcoma lineage (HOS) continued to divide after HTLV-1 infection or Tax expression, albeit at a reduced growth rate and with mitotic ..
- The effect of colloid osmotic pressure in human spermatozoa exposed to hypoosmotic conditionsJ R Correa-Perez
Centro de Fertilidad del Caribe, Torre San Francisco Suite 606, 3659 Ave de Diego, Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico 00923
Andrologia 35:117-20. 2003..A stock hypoosmotic solution (HOS) was prepared by using a mixture of fructose and sodium citrate and adjusted to an osmotic pressure of 150 mOsm l-1...
- Causes and management of a high-output stomaM L Baker
Nutrition Support Team, Department of Dietetics, Leicester Royal Infirmary, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, Leicester, UK
Colorectal Dis 13:191-7. 2011Patients with a high-output stoma (HOS) (> 2000 ml/day) suffer from dehydration, hypomagnesaemia and under-nutrition. This study aimed to determine the incidence, aetiology and outcome of HOS.
- Initial report from the Hunter Outcome SurveyJ Edmond Wraith
From the 1Willink Biochemical Genetics Unit, Royal Manchester Children s Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom
Genet Med 10:508-16. 2008..The Hunter Outcome Survey (HOS) was established to better describe the natural history of this disorder and to evaluate the long-term effect of ..
- Heme oxygenase-1 and neurodegeneration: expanding frontiers of engagementHyman M Schipper
Centre for Neurotranslational Research, Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Jewish General Hospital, Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Neurochem 110:469-85. 2009The heme oxygenases (HOs), responsible for the degradation of heme to biliverdin/bilirubin, free iron and CO, have been heavily implicated in mammalian CNS aging and disease...
- Chemokine receptor CXCR4-beta1 integrin axis mediates tumorigenesis of osteosarcoma HOS cellsKohei Miura
BioTherapeutics Research Group, Robarts Research Institute and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Western Ontario, London, ON N6A 5K8, Canada
Biochem Cell Biol 83:36-48. 2005..In the present study, the beta1 integrin-chemokine axis is assessed using human osteosarcoma (HOS) transfectant cells expressing the CXCR4 receptor for chemokine SDF-1 (CXCL12)...
- Geriatrics attitudes and knowledge among surgical and medical subspecialty house officersLewis P Krain
Department of Psychiatry, Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:2056-60. 2007To examine geriatrics knowledge and attitudes of non-primary care house officers (HOs) before and after a multidisciplinary faculty development program.
- [The role of CD44 in the proliferation, adhesiveness and invasiveness of osteosarcoma cell lines]Ting Sheng Peng
Department of Pathology, Sun Yat sen Medical College, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510080, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 34:362-6. 2005..To study the influence of CD44 a cell-matrix adhesion molecule on the proliferation, adhesiveness and invasiveness of osteosarcoma cell lines, in order to investigate the growth and invasion mechanism of osteosarcoma...
- Progesterone receptor as an indicator of sperm functionSushama Gadkar
Institute for Research in Reproduction, Indian Council of Medical Research, Parel, Mumbai 400 012, India
Biol Reprod 67:1327-36. 2002..n = 9), and teratozoospermia (n = 10) were exposed to low osmotic conditions in the hypoosmotic swelling (HOS) test and then analyzed for PR expression using P-FITC-BSA complex. A significantly higher percentage (P < 0...
- A quantitative immunochemical faecal occult blood test is more efficient for detecting significant colorectal neoplasia than a sensitive guaiac testZ Levi
Department of Gastroenterology, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Hospital, Petach Tikva, Israel
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 23:1359-64. 2006The sensitive guaiac faecal occult blood test, Haemoccult SENSA (HOS; Beckman Coulter, Fullerton, CA, USA), is our standard screening test for significant colorectal neoplasia...
- Prognostic value of various spermatological attributes as predictors of zona binding and zona penetration of buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) semenS Selvaraju
Reproductive Physiology Laboratory, Animal Physiology Division, National Institute of Animal Nutrition and Physiology, Bangalore, India
Reprod Domest Anim 44:6-11. 2009..05) was observed between the plasmalemma integrity as assessed by eosin--nigrosin stain and hypo-osmotic swelling (HOS) test. Furthermore, the percentage of cells positive for the HOS test, i.e. functional membrane integrity (51...
- Functionally significant mutations in the Epstein-Barr virus LMP1 gene and their role in activation of cell signaling pathwaysS V Diduk
Blokhin Cancer Research Center, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow, 115478, Russia
Biochemistry (Mosc) 73:1134-9. 2008..motifs within LMP1 are responsible for interaction of this viral protein with the receptor protein beta-TrCP/HOS SCF of the ubiquitin ligase E3 complex, playing an important role in degradation of numerous cellular proteins ..
- Synthesis and secretion of plasminogen activators and collagenases in human cells transformed by Kirsten murine sarcoma virus and N-methyl-N'-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidineM K Sidhu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, Newark 07103
Cancer Lett 47:45-51. 1989..levels of plasminogen activators and collagenases have been examined in the nonmalignant human osteosarcoma (HOS), the malignant Kirsten murine sarcoma virus transformed (KHOS/NP), the temperature sensitive revertant of virus ..
- Comparative analysis of results of guaiac and immunochemical tests for faecal occult blood in colorectal cancer screening in two oncological institutionsG Castiglione
Centro per lo Studio e la Prevenzione Oncologica, Florence, Italy
Eur J Cancer Prev 3:399-405. 1994The performances of three faecal occult blood tests, rehydrated Hemoccult (HOR), Hemoccult sensa (HOS) and Hemeselect (HSEL) on 3 days were compared in 1,725 subjects consecutively recruited in two oncological institutions in Milan and ..
- Expression of estrogen receptors alfa and beta mRNA and alkaline phosphatase in the differentiation of osteoblasts from elderly postmenopausal women: comparison with osteoblasts from osteosarcoma cell linesFang Ping Chen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Keelung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University, Keelung, Taiwan
Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol 45:307-12. 2006..the expression of estrogen receptors (ER) alpha and beta, and activity of alkaline phosphatase during differentiation of primary osteoblast cells (hOB) from aged postmenopausal women and human osteosarcoma cell lines (HOS, MG63).
- Functional imaging of multidrug resistance in an orthotopic model of osteosarcoma using 99mTc-sestamibiCélia M F Gomes
Department of Radiology, Section of Nuclear Medicine, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 34:1793-803. 2007..The purpose of this work was the development of an orthotopic model of osteosarcoma based on luciferase-expressing tumour cells for the in vivo imaging of multidrug resistance (MDR) with (99m)Tc-sestamibi...
- Diverse mechanisms of osteoblast spreading on hydroxyapatite and titaniumT Matsuura
Dental Research Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599 7450, USA
Biomaterials 21:1121-7. 2000..We previously demonstrated that RGD peptides regulate the spreading of HOS cells on HA but not on titanium, speculating that the osteoconductivity of HA might be attributed to this RGD ..
- Evidence of validity for the hip outcome score in hip arthroscopyRobroy L Martin
Duquesne University, Center for Sports Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center corrected Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15282, USA
Arthroscopy 23:822-6. 2007The purpose of this study was to provide evidence of validity for the Hip Outcome Score (HOS) as an outcome instrument in hip arthroscopy.
- High energy shock waves enhance the cytotoxic effect of doxorubicin and methotrexate to human osteosarcoma cell linesAlessandra Palmero
Department of Paediatrics, Regina Margherita Children s Hospital, University of Turin, Italy
Oncol Rep 15:267-73. 2006..The effect of these combinations on SJSA-1, MG-63 and HOS human osteosarcoma cell lines were evaluated through incubation with doxorubicin or methotrexate and high energy ..
- The effects of intravenous hyperoxygenated solution infusion on systemic oxygenation and intrapulmonary shunt during one-lung ventilation in pigsChangjun Gao
Department of Anesthesiology, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi Province, China
J Surg Res 159:653-9. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate whether intravenous hyperoxygenated solution (HOS) infusion would improve systemic oxygenation and reduce intrapulmonary shunt during OLV.
- Acid-, water- and high-temperature-stable ruthenium complexes for the total catalytic deoxygenation of glycerol to propaneDeeb Taher
Chemistry Department, Tafila Technical University, P O Box 179, Tafila 66110, Jordan
Chemistry 15:10132-43. 2009..In the presence of HOS(O)(2)CF(3) (triflic acid) as a dehydration co-catalyst they directly convert 1,2-hexanediol to n-hexanol and hexane...
- Nerve growth factor induces anti-apoptotic heme oxygenase-1 in rat pheochromocytoma PC12 cellsHeling Liu
Cardiovascular Research Center of the Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts, USA
J Neurochem 86:1553-63. 2003Nerve growth factor (NGF) and heme oxygenases (HOs) both exert neuroprotective effects...
- sall4 acts downstream of tbx5 and is required for pectoral fin outgrowthSteven A Harvey
Division of Developmental Biology, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, UK
Development 133:1165-73. 2006..Mutations in the T-box transcription factor TBX5 cause Holt-Oram syndrome (HOS), which results in forelimb and heart defects...
- [Evaluation of corneal tissue processed by a reference Eye Bank]Reinaldo Ferreira da Silva
Hospital Oftalmológico de Sorocaba, Sorocaba, SP, Brasil
Arq Bras Oftalmol 72:673-6. 2009..corneas processed by Sorocaba Eye Bank (BOS) - SP and transplanted out of the Ophthalmology Hospital of Sorocaba (HOS), as well as the corneas that had re-entered in the BOS, being transplanted or not in the HOS, during the year of ..
- Mortality and cause of death in mucopolysaccharidosis type II-a historical review based on data from the Hunter Outcome Survey (HOS)S A Jones
Willink Unit, Genetic Medicine, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, Central Manchester University Hospitals, NHS Foundation Trust, St Mary s Hospital, Manchester, UK
J Inherit Metab Dis 32:534-43. 2009..period in which patients died with age at death in 129 patients for whom data were entered retrospectively into HOS (Hunter Outcome Survey), the only large-scale, multinational observational study of patients with MPS II...
- Curcumin induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in human osteosarcoma (HOS) cellsDuk Su Lee
Department of Biochemistry, School of Dentistry, Kyung Hee University, 1 Hoeki dong, Dongdaemoon Ku, Seoul 130 701, Korea
Anticancer Res 29:5039-44. 2009..In this study, we showed that curcumin induced cell cycle arrest followed by antiproliferation and apoptosis in human osteosarcoma (HOS) cells.
- Effects of the crude extract of Polygala tenuifolia Willd on human sperm in vitroYi Qiu
Key Laboratory for Improving Birth Outcome Technique, Shandong Provincial Institute of Science and Technology for Family Planning, Jinan 250002, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 12:448-54. 2011..The hypo-osmotic swelling (HOS) test and the eosin Y (EY) staining were used to detect the integrity of sperm membrane and vitality...
- HO1 mRNA and Protein do not Change in Parallel in Bronchial Biopsies of Patients After Long Term Exposure to Sulfur MustardMohammad Reza Nourani
Chemical Injury Research Center CIRC, Baqiyatallah Medical Sciences University, Tehran, Iran
Gene Regul Syst Bio 4:83-90. 2009..SM causes the endogenous production of reactive oxygen species (ROS).Heme oxygenases (HOs) are the rate-limiting enzyme for heme metabolism...
- Experimental studies on the bone metabolism of male rats chronically exposed to cadmium intoxication using dual-energy X-ray absorptiometryH Yokota
Department of Radiology, Kanazawa Medical University, Uchinada, Kahoku, Ishikawa, Japan
Toxicol Ind Health 24:161-70. 2008..Six-week-old male Hos Donryu rats were used in this experiment...
- Beta4 integrin promotes osteosarcoma metastasis and interacts with ezrinX Wan
Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 1928, USA
Oncogene 28:3401-11. 2009..Furthermore, highly metastatic MNNG-HOS cells have increased levels of beta4 integrin...
- Characterization of the haem oxygenase protein family in Arabidopsis thaliana reveals a diversity of functionsBjoern Gisk
Physiology of Microorganisms, Ruhr University Bochum, Universitaetsstr 150, 44780 Bochum, Germany
Biochem J 425:425-34. 2010b>HOs (haem oxygenases) catalyse the oxidative cleavage of haem to BV (biliverdin), iron and carbon monoxide...
- Let-7g reverses malignant phenotype of osteosarcoma cells by targeting Aurora-BJia Ming Liu
Department of Orthopedics, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanchang University Jiangxi, China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 7:4596-606. 2014..The expression levels of let-7g was significantly down-regulated in OS cell lines U2-OS and HOS cell compared to osteoblast cell lines HOB cell...
- [Effects of the extracts of Cajanus cajan L. on cell functions in human osteoblast-like TE85 cells and the derivation of osteoclast-like cells]Yuan yuan Zheng
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100005, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 42:386-91. 2007..32-1, 35-1, 35-2, and 35-3) were tested in human osteoblast-like (HOS) TE85 cells and marrow-derived osteoclast-like cells...
- Proteasome-dependent degradation of transcription factor activating enhancer-binding protein 4 (TFAP4) controls mitotic divisionSara D'Annibale
From the Hubrecht Institute KNAW and University Medical Center Utrecht
J Biol Chem 289:7730-7. 2014..Our findings reveal that βTrCP-dependent degradation of TFAP4 is required for the fidelity of mitotic division. ..
- Oncolytic virotherapy for osteosarcoma using midkine promoter-regulated adenovirusesM Takagi-Kimura
Department of Genetics, Hyogo College of Medicine, Nishinomiya, Hyogo, Japan
Cancer Gene Ther 21:126-32. 2014..cellular receptor coxsackievirus/adenovirus receptor (CAR) (Ad5 receptor) expression were observed in MNNG-HOS and MG-63 cells, whereas high levels of CAR expression were seen in the other osteosarcoma cell lines...
- Clinical model: interferons activate human monocytes to an eradicative tumor cell level in vitroSamuel Baron
University of Texas Medical Branch, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Galveston, TX 77555 1070, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 27:157-63. 2007..Targets of the IFN-activated monocytic cells were either four human tumor cell lines (human osteosarcoma [HOS], LOX melanoma, A549 lung tumor, and SNB-19 glioblastoma) or two diploid cell lines (WI38 and MRC5)...
- Validation of the Spanish version of the Hip Outcome Score: a multicenter studyRoberto Seijas
Artroscopia GC Fundación Garcia Cugat, Hospital Quirón Barcelona Spain, Pza, Alfonso Comín 5 7 Planta 1, 08023 Barcelona, Spain
Health Qual Life Outcomes 12:70. 2014The Hip Outcome Score (HOS) is a self-reported questionnaire evaluating the outcomes of treatment interventions for hip pathologies, divided in 19 items of activities of daily life (ADL) and 9 sports' items...
- Emotion classification in Parkinson's disease by higher-order spectra and power spectrum features using EEG signals: a comparative studyR Yuvaraj
School of Mechatronic Engineering, University Malaysia Perlis UniMAP, Malaysia
J Integr Neurosci 13:89-120. 2014..The use of nonlinear features motivated by the higher-order spectra (HOS) has been reported to be a promising approach to classify the emotional states...
- A survey of c-MET expression and amplification in 287 patients with hepatocellular carcinomaSu Jin Lee
Department of Pathology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50 Irwon dong Gangnam gu, Seoul 135 710, Korea Tel 82 234102766
Anticancer Res 33:5179-86. 2013c-N-Methyl-N'-nitro-N-nitroso-guanidine HOS transforming gene (c-MET) is a new potential drug target for treatment of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), and a recent study of a c-MET inhibitor in such patients has shown ..
- Discovery of bioavailable 4,4-disubstituted piperidines as potent ligands of the chemokine receptor 5 and inhibitors of the human immunodeficiency virus-1Wieslaw M Kazmierski
Infectious Diseases Center for Excellence in Drug Discovery, GlaxoSmithKline, Five Moore Drive, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Med Chem 51:6538-46. 2008..Evaluation of analogues in the (125)I-[MIP-1beta] binding and Ba-L-HOS antiviral assays resulted in the discovery of 64 and 68 in the 4,4-disubstitited piperidine class H, both potent ..
- The presence of TRAIL-OPG complex in human osteosarcoma and human salivary gland adenocarcinomaMakio Mogi
Department of Medicinal Biochemistry, School of Pharmacy, Aichi Gakuin University, Nagoya, Japan
J Immunoassay Immunochem 32:70-8. 2011..Employing this assay system, we demonstrated that the TRAIL-OPG complex was constitutively present in the human osteosarcoma cell lines, HOS, MG-63, and human salivary gland adenocarcinoma cell line, HSG.
- D-(+)-iso-methanocarbathymidine: a high-affinity substrate for herpes simplex virus 1 thymidine kinaseMaria J Comin
Laboratory of Medicinal Chemistry, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, P O Box B, Building 376, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
ChemMedChem 3:1129-34. 2008..For this purpose, a human osteosarcoma (HOS) cell line modified to contain and express HSV1-tk from herpes simplex virus 1 (HSV1) was used to determine the ..
- Is abnormal sperm function an indicator among couples with recurrent pregnancy loss?Pikee Saxena
National Institute of Health and Family Welfare, Baba Gang Nath Marg, Munirka, New Delhi, India
Fertil Steril 90:1854-8. 2008..To determine whether or not sperm function parameters are altered in male partners of couples with a history of idiopathic recurrent pregnancy loss (RPL)...
- Cationic amphiphilic polyproline helices: side-chain variations and cell-specific internalizationIris Geisler
Department of Chemistry, Purdue University, 560 Oval Drive, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Chem Biol Drug Des 73:39-45. 2009..of these cationic amphiphilic polyproline helices was studied in seven different cell lines, six cancerous (MCF-7, HOS, HT1080, HeLa, KB-FD, KB3-1) and one non-cancerous (WI 38)...
- Impairment of antioxidant defenses as a contributor to arsenite-induced cell transformationJing Wu
Department of Environmental Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Biometals 25:927-37. 2012Arsenite (As) causes transformation of human osteogenic sarcoma cells (HOS) when applied continuously at low doses (0.1-0.5 μM) during 8-weeks of exposure. However, the mechanisms by which As transforms human cells are not known...
- MET increases the sensitivity of gefitinib-resistant cells to SN-38, an active metabolite of irinotecan, by up-regulating the topoisomerase I activityAsao Sakai
Respiratory Medicine, Cellular Transplantation Biology, Division of Cancer Medicine, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa, Japan
J Thorac Oncol 7:1337-44. 2012..We previously found that a gefitinib-resistant cell line, PC-9/Met in which MET (MNNG-HOS transforming gene) is amplified, was more sensitive than its parent cell line (PC-9) to 7-ethyl-10-hydroxy-..
- The hypo-osmotic swelling test for evaluation of sperm membrane integritySivakumar Ramu
Andrology Laboratory Services Inc, Chicago, IL, USA
Methods Mol Biol 927:21-5. 2013..The hypo-osmotic swelling (HOS) test evaluates the functional integrity of the sperm's plasma membrane and also serves as a useful indicator of ..
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of 4-substituted vitamin d and 14-epi-previtamin d analogsDaisuke Sawada
Teikyo University, Sagamiko, Kanagawa, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 57:1431-3. 2009..Their vitamin D receptor (VDR) binding affinity and osteocalcin promoter transactivation activity in HOS cells were evaluated, and had lower activity than the natural hormone (1) and 14-epi-pre1, respectively.
- Loss of lysophosphatidic acid receptor-3 suppresses cell migration activity of human sarcoma cellsEriko Tanabe
Division of Cancer Biology and Bioinformatics, Department of Life Science, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Kinki University, Higashiosaka, Osaka, Japan
J Recept Signal Transduct Res 32:328-34. 2012..of LPA(3) on cell migration of sarcoma cells, we generated LPA receptor-3 (LPAR3)-knockdown (HT1080-sh3 and HOS-sh3, respectively) cells from fibrosarcoma HT1080 and osteosarcoma HOS cells, and measured their cell migration ..
- Zygosity determination in hairless mice by PCR based on Hr(hr) gene analysisOsamu Suzuki
Laboratory of Animal Models for Human Diseases, National Institute of Biomedical Innovation, 7 6 8 Saito Asagi, Ibaraki, Osaka 567 0085, Japan
Exp Anim 62:267-73. 2013..amplicons only), homozygous wild-type Hr(shorter amplicons only), and heterozygous (both amplicons) in HR and Hos:HR-1 mice...
- Plasma membrane changes during the liquid storage of boar spermatozoa: a comparison of methodsDariusz Gaczarzewicz
West Pomeranian University of Technology Department of Animal Reproduction Biotechnology and Environmental Hygiene, Faculty of Biotechnology and Animal Breeding Doktora Judyma 6 71466 Szczecin Poland
Acta Vet Hung 58:105-16. 2010..by the SYBR-14/PI test, and the lowest percentage of live cells was discovered by the hypoosmotic swelling (HOS) test (P < 0.01)...
- Impact of acute arsenic and cadmium exposure on the expression of two haeme oxygenase genes and other antioxidant markers in common carp (Cyprinus carpio)Zsanett Jancsó
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Science and Informatics, University of Szeged, P O Box 533, H 6701, Szeged, Hungary
J Appl Toxicol 35:310-8. 2015The aim was to study the effects of cadmium (Cd) and arsenic (As) on haeme oxygenases (HOs) and other oxidative stress biomarkers, and their roles in macromolecule damage in liver and kidney of common carp (Cyprinus carpio L.)...
- Shedding of the interleukin-6 (IL-6) receptor (gp80) determines the ability of IL-6 to induce gp130 phosphorylation in human osteoblastsCsaba Vermes
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Rush University, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 277:16879-87. 2002..Three different human osteoblast-like cell lines (MG-63, HOS, and SaOS-2) and bone marrow-derived primary human osteoblasts expressed both IL-6R and gp130 as determined by flow ..
- Use of the Amide II Infrared Band of Proteins for Secondary Structure Determination and Comparability of Higher Order StructureBrian M Murphy
BioPharm Analytical Sciences, Biopharmaceutical Development R and D, GlaxoSmithKline, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 15:880-9. 2014Demonstrating comparability of secondary structure composition as part of higher order structure (HOS) in therapeutic proteins is a significant challenge...
- Mutations in the mitotic check point gene, MAD1L1, in human cancersK Tsukasaki
Division of Hematology Oncology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, CA 90048, USA
Oncogene 20:3301-5. 2001..We placed a mutant truncated MAD1L1, found in a lymphoma sample, into HOS, Ht161 and SJSA cell lines and found that it was less inhibitory than wild type MAD1L1 at decreasing cell ..
- Cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) phosphorylation destabilizes somatic Wee1 via multiple pathwaysNobumoto Watanabe
Antibiotics Laboratory, Discovery Research Institute, RIKEN, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:11663-8. 2005..Using a specific inhibitor of CK2, we showed that the phosphorylation-dependent degradation of Wee1A is important for the proper onset of mitosis...
- Alterations in the INK4a/ARF locus and their effects on the growth of human osteosarcoma cell linesYong Bum Park
Biology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, 1 1, Tsukiji 5 chome, Chuo Ku, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 133:105-11. 2002..six cell lines examined, both p16(INK4a) and p14(ARF) exons were homozygously deleted in two cell lines, MG63 and HOS, and both p16(INK4a) and p14(ARF) promoters were methylated in one cell line, U2OS...
- Human apurinic endonuclease 1 (APE1) expression and prognostic significance in osteosarcoma: enhanced sensitivity of osteosarcoma to DNA damaging agents using silencing RNA APE1 expression inhibitionDong Wang
Section of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, 1044 W Walnut, R4 302C, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 3:679-86. 2004..levels using silencing RNA (siRNA) targeting technology in the osteosarcoma cell line, human osteogenic sarcoma (HOS), to enhance chemo- and radiation sensitivity...
- Comparative genomics on FGF8, FGF17, and FGF18 orthologsMasuko Katoh
M and M Medical BioInformatics, Hongo, Japan
Int J Mol Med 16:493-6. 2005..FBXW1 (betaTRCP1 or BTRC1)-FGF8-NPM3 locus at human chromosome 10q24.32, FBXW11 (betaTRCP2 or BTRC2)-FGF18-NPM1 locus at human chromosome 5q35.1, and FGF17-NPM2 locus at human chromosome 8p21...
- DERIVATION OF REVERTANTS OF RAS-TRANSFORMED HUMAN CELLSLEONARD BENADE; Fiscal Year: 1992..These cells, transformed by a single copy of the Kirsten murine sarcoma virus (KiMuSV) genome, were derived from HOS cells, which were originally cloned from a human osteosarcoma...
- RETROVIRAL INFECTION IN LGL LEUKEMIAThomas Loughran; Fiscal Year: 1993..Initial experiments will utilize the retrovirally-infected cocultured cell line, LGL 5-HOS, for retroviral isolation...
- Cell Cycle Regulation and Adult T Cell LeukemiaChou Zen Giam; Fiscal Year: 2013..By contrast, cells deficient in p21 and p27, such as HOS, escape Tax-IRS and continue to divide after HTLV-1 infection or Tax expression...
- HTLV-I Tax activates the anaphase promoting complexChou Zen Giam; Fiscal Year: 2013..By contrast, cells deficient in p21 and p27, such as HOS, escaped Tax- IRS and continue to divide after HTLV-1 infection or Tax expression...
- HEMOPROTEIN OXIDATION AND HEME CATABOLISMPaul R Ortiz de Montellano; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Heme oxygenases (HOs) oxidize heme to biliverdin, iron, and carbon monoxide (CO) via a complex, three-stage process that requires seven electrons and three molecules of O2...
- Microvesicle Dynamics in B-Cell Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Tumor MicroenvironmeASISH KUMAR GHOSH; Fiscal Year: 2013..malignant cells are biologically active as a result of their ability to have both intimate and remote influences on hos stromal cells...
- Let-7 miRNA control of heart developmentCathy J Hatcher; Fiscal Year: 2010..Mutations in TBX5, a member of the T-box transcription factor family, cause Holt-Oram syndrome (HOS), a heritable disorder characterized by cardiac and upper limb malformations...
- Role of HOS in cell transformation and apoptosisSerge Y Fuchs; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- How glycans shape gut microbiota function and assemblyEric C Martens; Fiscal Year: 2013..central hypothesis that glycans in the intestine are present in a series of gradients (determined by their diet or hos origin and biochemical properties) and that individual bacterial species will be enriched in regions where their ..
- Functional characterization of Orientia tsutsugamushi ankryin repeat proteinsJason A Carlyon; Fiscal Year: 2013..To determine if they interact with hos cell factors that are critical for O...
- Dopaminergic transcription factor delivery to fibroblast derived neuronsPaul S Fishman; Fiscal Year: 2013..These viral vectors integrate into the genome of the hos cells with the potential for tumor induction...
- The role of Lmp4 in the regulation of the cardiac transcription factor Tbx5Hans Georg Simon; Fiscal Year: 2010..in a variety of cardiac lineages and structures, and mutations in human TBX5 result in Holt-Oram syndrome (HOS), a disease characterized by congenital heart and limb defects...
- Biosynthesis and Insertion of Heme A during Cytochrome c Oxidase BiogenesisEric L Hegg; Fiscal Year: 2013..critical for the biosynthesis of heme A and its subsequent insertion into subunit 1 (Cox1) of CcO: heme O synthase (HOS), heme A synthase (HAS) and Surf1/Shy1...
- Allelic variants of Salmonella fimbrial adhesinsDieter M Schifferli; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, adhesin alleles with the most significant congruence for specific hos species or for antibiotic resistance will be studied in vitro and in vivo for cause effect relationships...
- Defining mechanisms underlying Listeria monocytogenes cardiac infectionsNANCY ELIZABETH FREITAG; Fiscal Year: 2013..the use of immuno-spin capture technology to definitively identify cellular damage that occurs as a result of the hos inflammatory response to Lm infection...
- Direct and Quantitative Proteomic Approaches in XenopusIleana M Cristea; Fiscal Year: 2013..that these proteins are causative, or have association with human disease states: patients with Holt-Oram syndrome (HOS), a disease which also affects the heart and limbs, is associated with mis-sense mutations in Tbx5, genome wide ..
- The Genetics of Vulnerability to Nicotine AddictionsPAMELA ANN MADDEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..identified a strong linkage signal in both Australian and Finnish sibships, for our primary heaviness-of-smoking (HoS) phenotype, on Chr 22q12 (in updated analyses, multi-point LODs of 3.05 and 3.21 respectively)...
- Analysis of host-derived nutrient utilization pathways in M. tuberculosisBrian C VanderVen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Additionally, recent work has revealed that Mtb not only utilizes hos lipids as a nutrient source to supply energy producing and/or biosynthetic pathways but also actively processes ..
- Gene Interaction Study of Tbx5, Hh pathway and Osr1 in atrial septationLinglin Xie; Fiscal Year: 2013..Mutations in Tbx5 cause Holt-Oram syndrome (HOS) in humans, characterized by atrial or ventricular septal defects in the heart...
- NEURAL COMPUTATIONS IN VISUAL CORTEXJonathan D Victor; Fiscal Year: 2013..implies that V1 neurons are sensitive to these distinguishing characteristics, namely, high-order statistics (HOS's)...
- Electronic/Molecular Structure of Enzyme Heme PocketsGERD LA MAR; Fiscal Year: 2009..We select three HOs, ispzyme #1 from human, hHO, and those from two pathogenic bacteria C. diphtheriae (CofHO) and N...
- The Genetics of Vulnerability to Nicotine AddictionsPamela Madden; Fiscal Year: 2007..identified a strong linkage signal in both Australian and Finnish subsamples for our primary heaviness-of-smoking (HoS) phenotype, on Chr 22 (combined single-point LOD 5.2, genome-wide significance, p=0.003)...
- Requirements for the FGF/MAPK in early heart developmentFrank Conlon; Fiscal Year: 2007..A second example is the Holt-Oram syndrome (HOS), a disease associated with mutations in the coding region of the transcription factor TBX5...
- A Genetic Approach to Organogenesis in XenopusFrank Conlon; Fiscal Year: 2006..A second example is Holt-Oram syndrome (HOS), a disease often associated with mutations in the coding region of the transcription factor TBX5, a gene also ..
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF HOLT-ORAM SYNDROMECraig Basson; Fiscal Year: 2000..The genetic linkage analysis of the Holt-Oram Syndrome has previously mapped the disease gene locus (HOS) to human chromosome 12q with a combined multipoint LOD score of 25...
- Tbx5 Protein Networks And Heart/Limb Development DefectsHans Georg Simon; Fiscal Year: 2004..A reduced level of Tbx5 protein causes Holt-Oram syndrome (HOS), a disease characterized by developmental defects of the upper limbs and heart septation...
- REGULATION OF HEART CHAMBER FORMATION BY TBX5Katherine Yutzey; Fiscal Year: 2005..Mutations in the TBX5 have been identified in families with Holt-Oram Syndrome (HOS) which includes atrial septal defects and other cardiac anomalies...
- Individual Predoctoral Dental Scientist FellowshipChristopher Arena; Fiscal Year: 2004..features can modulate the attachment, morphology, proliferation, differentiation, and protein production of HOS TE85 cells in vitro in a predictable manner...
- MINORITY PREDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMGabriel Pineda; Fiscal Year: 2006..The WD40 repeat motif binds phophorylated IkBa. A homolog of BTrCP is BTrCP2. The purpose of this grant is to determine whether BTrCP2 is a relevant IkB E3-ligase...
- The Role of Chemokines in Metastatic Prostate CancerRussell Taichman; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Heme Oxygenase: Structure, Function and PathogenesisAngela Wilks; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- ENHANCED THERAPY RESPONSE IN OSTEOSARCOMAGENE DIRESTA; Fiscal Year: 2001..The MSKCC Therapeutics faculty believes that the ALS, if successful in this model, has promise as an adjunct for limb salvage procedures and in the treatment of many unresectable or disfiguring tumors. ..
- Acquisition of FACSVantage SE Flow CytometerYair Gazitt; Fiscal Year: 2004..The new equipment will also widen the user's base, save sort time, reduce costs for users and will render sorting affordable to new users, especially in cases where low frequency (<1%) cell populations are sorted. ..
- Bone and the Hematopoietic SystemRussell Taichman; Fiscal Year: 2004..These investigations will ultimately lead to new strategies for the treatment of hematopoietic and osseous disorders. ..
- Heme Acquisition in Shigella Dysenteriae.Angela Wilks; Fiscal Year: 2005..Once an understanding of the mechanism of heme transport in bacterial pathogens has been established the stage will be set for future design of selective inhibitors of heme transport. ..
- Roles of TBX3 and its Isoform, TBX3+2a, in Breast CancerTaosheng Huang; Fiscal Year: 2005..By working with both an animal model and tissue acquired from breast surgeries, the proposed research aims to optimize the clinical relevance of the work. ..
- Molecular Genetics of Carney ComplexCathy J Hatcher; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Studies of a Novel Therapeutic Target in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)Ravi Salgia; Fiscal Year: 2011..Conduct an anti-c-Met phase I/I I clinical trial against NSCLC. Through the achievement of the goals proposed in these specific aims, we will arrive at novel therapy against c- Met in lung cancer. ..
- Study on the intracellular Network of TBX3Taosheng Huang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Elucidation of the TBX3- HDAC interaction will deepen our understanding of the functions of TBX3 and may also lead to the identification of a novel therapeutic target for breast cancer. ..