Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FBXW11
Description: F-box and WD repeat domain containing 11
Alias: BTRC2, BTRCP2, FBW1B, FBXW1B, Fbw11, Hos, F-box and WD repeats protein beta-TrCP2, F-box and WD-40 domain protein 11, F-box and WD-40 domain protein 1B, F-box protein Fbw1b, F-box/WD repeat-containing protein 11, F-box/WD repeat-containing protein 1B, beta-transducin repeat-containing protein 2, homologous to Slimb protein
Publications131 found, 100 shown here
- SCF(HOS) ubiquitin ligase mediates the ligand-induced down-regulation of the interferon-alpha receptorK G Suresh Kumar
Department of Animal Biology, University of Pennsylvania, 3800 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6046, USA
EMBO J 22:5480-90. 2003..Here we show that IFNAR1 interacts with the Homolog of Slimb (HOS) F-box protein in a phosphorylation-dependent manner, and that this interaction is promoted by interferon alpha (..
- HOS, a human homolog of Slimb, forms an SCF complex with Skp1 and Cullin1 and targets the phosphorylation-dependent degradation of IkappaB and beta-cateninS Y Fuchs
Derald H Ruttenberg Cancer Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Oncogene 18:2039-46. 1999..We identified a human F-box/WD40 repeats protein (HOS), which is homologous to Slimb/h betaTrCP...
- SAG/ROC-SCF beta-TrCP E3 ubiquitin ligase promotes pro-caspase-3 degradation as a mechanism of apoptosis protectionMingjia Tan
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0936, USA
Neoplasia 8:1042-54. 2006..Thus, pro-caspase-3 appears to be a substrate of SAG/ROC-SCF(beta-TrCP) E3 Ub ligase, which protects cells from apoptosis through increased apoptosis threshold by reducing the basal level of pro-caspase-3...
- SCFbeta-TRCP links Chk1 signaling to degradation of the Cdc25A protein phosphataseJianping Jin
Department of Pathology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Genes Dev 17:3062-74. 2003..These data indicate that Cdc25A turnover is more complex than previously appreciated and suggest roles for an additional kinase(s) in Chk1-dependent Cdc25A turnover...
- Recruitment of a ROC1-CUL1 ubiquitin ligase by Skp1 and HOS to catalyze the ubiquitination of I kappa B alphaP Tan
Derald H Ruttenberg Cancer Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Mol Cell 3:527-33. 1999..protein, is recruited by cullin 1 to form a quatemary SCFHOS-ROC1 holenzyme (with Skp1 and the beta-TRCP homolog HOS)...
- Phosphorylation and specific ubiquitin acceptor sites are required for ubiquitination and degradation of the IFNAR1 subunit of type I interferon receptorK G Suresh Kumar
Department of Animal Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 279:46614-20. 2004..We discuss the complexities and specifics of the ubiquitination and degradation of IFNAR1, which is a beta-Trcp substrate that undergoes degradation via a lysosomal pathway...
- Negative regulation of prolactin receptor stability and signaling mediated by SCF(beta-TrCP) E3 ubiquitin ligaseYing Li
Department of Animal Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:4038-48. 2004..These data indicate that PRLR is a novel SCF(beta-TrCP) substrate and implicate beta-TrCP as an important negative regulator of PRL signaling and cellular responses to this hormone...
- Crystal structure of dimeric heme oxygenase-2 from Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 in complex with hemeMasakazu Sugishima
Department of Biology, Graduate School of Science, Osaka University, Toyonaka, Osaka 560 0043, Japan
Biochemistry 44:4257-66. 2005..Although heme-Syn HO-2 shares common folding with other HOs, the C-terminal segment is ordered and turns back to the heme-binding side...
- Carbon monoxide in biology and microbiology: surprising roles for the "Detroit perfume"Kelly S Davidge
Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, The University of Sheffield, Firth Court, Sheffield, UK
Adv Microb Physiol 56:85-167. 2009..However, CO is also generated endogenously by heme oxygenases (HOs) in mammals and microbes, and its extraordinary biological activities are now recognized and increasingly utilized ..
- Inhibition of growth of human osteosarcomas by antagonists of growth hormone-releasing hormoneJ Pinski
Endocrine, Polypeptide, and Cancer Institute, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, New Orleans, LA 70146, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 87:1787-94. 1995..Recently, we synthesized various potent antagonists of GH-releasing hormone (GH-RH), including [Ibu0, D-Arg2, Phe(4-Cl)6, Abu15, Nle27]hGH-RH(1-28)Agm, which is also called MZ-4-71...
- Heme oxygenases in pregnancy II: HO-2 is downregulated in human pathologic pregnanciesA C Zenclussen
Charite, Biomedizinisches Forschungszentrum, Campus Virchow, Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany
Am J Reprod Immunol 50:66-76. 2003..Here we investigated whether the expression of HO-1 and HO-2 is also reduced at the feto-maternal interface of pathologic human pregnancies...
- The Medicare Health Outcomes Survey program: overview, context, and near-term prospectsNathaniel Jones
Maryland Institute for Policy Analysis and Research MIPAR, University of Maryland, Baltimore County UMBC, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 2:33. 2004In 1996, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) initiated the Medicare Health Outcomes Survey (HOS)...
- Sperm-preparation techniques for men with normal and abnormal semen analysis. A comparisonC T Erel
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cerrahpasa School of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
J Reprod Med 45:917-22. 2000..techniques, density gradient centrifugation and swim-up procedures, with respect to their effects on acrosome reaction (AR), hypoosmotic swelling (HOS) and nuclear maturity in men with abnormal and normal semen analyses.
- Patient desire for information and decision making in health care decisions: the Autonomy Preference Index and the Health Opinion SurveyR F Nease
Department of Medicine, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire, USA
J Gen Intern Med 10:593-600. 1995OBJECTIVES: To compare results on the Autonomy Preference Index (API) and the Health Opinion Survey (HOS), two instruments that measure patient desire for information and involvement in decision making. DESIGN: Cross-sectional survey...
- Activation of mitogen activated protein kinases via complement receptor type 2Min Hua Luo
Institut fur Hygiene, Innsbruck Universität, Fritz Pregl Str sse, A 6010 Innsbruck, Austria
Chin Med J (Engl) 117:1802-8. 2004....
- Vector-based Ape1 small interfering RNA enhances the sensitivity of human osteosarcoma cells to endostatin in vivoDong Wang
Cancer Center, and Department of Pathology, Daping Hospital and Research Institute of Surgery, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400042, China
Cancer Sci 98:1993-2001. 2007..Transfection of human osteosarcoma 9901 and HOS cells with pSilenceApe1 resulted in a dose-dependent loss of Ape1 protein...
- Multiple heme oxygenase family members contribute to the biosynthesis of the phytochrome chromophore in ArabidopsisThomas J Emborg
Department of Genetics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 53706, USA
Plant Physiol 140:856-68. 2006The oxidative cleavage of heme by heme oxygenases (HOs) to form biliverdin IXalpha (BV) is the committed step in the biosynthesis of the phytochrome (phy) chromophore and thus essential for proper photomorphogenesis in plants...
- Acute non-outbreak shigellosis: ten years experience in southern TaiwanChi Hung Wu
Department of Pediatrics, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chiayi, Taiwan
Chang Gung Med J 32:59-65. 2009..We conducted a retrospective study of both the clinical and laboratory characteristics of shigellosis in southern Taiwan...
- The potential fertility estimation capacity of the hypoosmotic swelling test, the thermal stress test and a modified cervical mucus penetration test in the bovineSuleyman Bacinoglu
Department of Reproduction and Artificial Insemination, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Istanbul University, 34320 Istanbul, Turkey
Anim Reprod Sci 104:38-46. 2008In this study, hypoosmotic swelling (HOS), thermal stress (TS) and modified cervical mucus penetration (mCMP) tests have been used with routine tests for the assessment of semen quality...
- Elevated plasma levels of bilirubin in patients with neurotrauma reflect its pathophysiological role in free radical scavengingKenji Dohi
Department of Critical Care and Emergency Medicine, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
In Vivo 19:855-60. 2005Bilirubin, a powerful endogenous antioxidant, is one of the catabolites of heme oxygenases (HOs). In this study, the plasma bilirubin concentration was measured to establish bilirubin kinesis after traumatic brain injury (TBI)...
- Heme oxygenase 2 of the cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 is induced under a microaerobic atmosphere and is required for microaerobic growth at high light intensityMete Yilmaz
Division of Biology and Medicine, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Photosynth Res 103:47-59. 2010..Light intensity did not have an effect on the expression of both the HOs. Cells, in which ho2 was disrupted, were unable to grow microaerobically at a light intensity of 40 micromol m(-2) ..
- Platinum agents in the treatment of osteosarcoma: efficacy of cisplatin vs. carboplatin in human osteosarcoma cell linesH Robson
Tumour Biochemistry Laboratory, Clinical Research Department, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Med Pediatr Oncol 39:573-80. 2002..Studies evaluating the role of combination CT containing CBDCA vs. cDDP have demonstrated differing results depending on the tumor type tested and its role in the treatment of osteosarcoma has yet to be clarified...
- Inhibitory effects of antisense cathepsin B cDNA transfection on invasion and motility in a human osteosarcoma cell lineS Krueger
Department of Pathology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Germany
Cancer Res 59:6010-4. 1999..To investigate the role of cathepsin B in bone tumor invasion, the osteosarcoma cell line MNNG/HOS was stably transfected with an expression vector capable of expressing the antisense cDNA transcript of cathepsin B...
- The hydrogen-bonding network in heme oxygenase also functions as a modulator of enzyme dynamics: chaotic motions upon disrupting the H-bond network in heme oxygenase from Pseudomonas aeruginosaJuan Carlos Rodriguez
Ralph N Adams Institute for Bioanalytical Chemistry and Department of Chemistry, University of Kansas, Multidisciplinary Research Building, 2030 Becker Drive, Room 220 E, Lawrence, Kansas 66047, USA
J Am Chem Soc 129:11730-42. 2007..state pa-HO shows that residues involved in the network of structural hydrogen-bonded waters characteristic of HOs undergo micros-ms motions in pa-HO-CN, which was studied as a model of the highly paramagnetic S = 5/2 resting ..
- Reactive oxygen species, total antioxidant concentration of seminal plasma and their effect on sperm parameters and outcome of IVF/ICSI patientsM E Hammadeh
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Saarlandes, 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 277:515-26. 2008..of IVF (in vitro fertilization) and ICSI patients, to establish their effect on sperm quality (count, vitality, HOS, morphology, maturity, DNA strand breaks) and assess the fertilization potential of spermatozoa and IVF/ICSI outcome...
- Magnetically labeled human natural killer cells, accumulated in vitro by an external magnetic force, are effective against HOS osteosarcoma cellsYuko Nakashima
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Int J Oncol 27:965-71. 2005..killer (NK) cell delivery system in vitro, and also investigated the antitumor effect of the accumulated cells on HOS osteosarcoma cells...
- Efficacy of the third-generation bisphosphonate risedronate alone and in combination with anticancer drugs against osteosarcoma cell linesTakashi Murayama
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kagoshima Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima, Japan
Anticancer Res 28:2147-54. 2008..However, the efficacies of BPs against osteosarcoma have not yet been fully elucidated, and the anti-osteosarcoma activity of the potent new-generation BP risedronate, which is widely used clinically, has not been determined...
- Effect of interesterification of palmitic acid-rich triacylglycerol on postprandial lipid and factor VII responseSarah E E Berry
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, Nutritional Sciences Research Division, King s College London, Franklin Wilkins Building, 150 Stamford Street, London, SE1 9NH, UK
Lipids 42:315-23. 2007..g fat [interesterified palm oil (IPO) versus native palm oil (NPO); n=20, and IPO versus high-oleic sunflower oil (HOS); n=18], on postprandial changes in lipids, glucose, insulin, chylomicron composition and FVIIa...
- Spectroscopic insights into axial ligation and active-site H-bonding in substrate-bound human heme oxygenase-2Jessica D Gardner
Department of Chemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1101 University Ave, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Biol Inorg Chem 15:1117-27. 2010Heme oxygenases (HOs) are monooxygenases that catalyze the first step in heme degradation, converting heme to biliverdin with concomitant release of Fe(II) and CO from the porphyrin macrocycle...
- Human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 infection leads to arrest in the G1 phase of the cell cycleMeihong Liu
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
J Virol 82:8442-55. 2008..In contrast, cells of a human osteosarcoma lineage (HOS) continued to divide after HTLV-1 infection or Tax expression, albeit at a reduced growth rate and with mitotic ..
- Causes and management of a high-output stomaM L Baker
Nutrition Support Team, Department of Dietetics, Leicester Royal Infirmary, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, Leicester, UK
Colorectal Dis 13:191-7. 2011Patients with a high-output stoma (HOS) (> 2000 ml/day) suffer from dehydration, hypomagnesaemia and under-nutrition. This study aimed to determine the incidence, aetiology and outcome of HOS.
- The effect of colloid osmotic pressure in human spermatozoa exposed to hypoosmotic conditionsJ R Correa-Perez
Centro de Fertilidad del Caribe, Torre San Francisco Suite 606, 3659 Ave de Diego, Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico 00923
Andrologia 35:117-20. 2003..A stock hypoosmotic solution (HOS) was prepared by using a mixture of fructose and sodium citrate and adjusted to an osmotic pressure of 150 mOsm l-1...
- Initial report from the Hunter Outcome SurveyJ Edmond Wraith
From the 1Willink Biochemical Genetics Unit, Royal Manchester Children s Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom
Genet Med 10:508-16. 2008..The Hunter Outcome Survey (HOS) was established to better describe the natural history of this disorder and to evaluate the long-term effect of ..
- Heme oxygenase-1 and neurodegeneration: expanding frontiers of engagementHyman M Schipper
Centre for Neurotranslational Research, Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Jewish General Hospital, Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Neurochem 110:469-85. 2009The heme oxygenases (HOs), responsible for the degradation of heme to biliverdin/bilirubin, free iron and CO, have been heavily implicated in mammalian CNS aging and disease...
- Geriatrics attitudes and knowledge among surgical and medical subspecialty house officersLewis P Krain
Department of Psychiatry, Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:2056-60. 2007To examine geriatrics knowledge and attitudes of non-primary care house officers (HOs) before and after a multidisciplinary faculty development program.
- [The role of CD44 in the proliferation, adhesiveness and invasiveness of osteosarcoma cell lines]Ting Sheng Peng
Department of Pathology, Sun Yat sen Medical College, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510080, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 34:362-6. 2005..To study the influence of CD44 a cell-matrix adhesion molecule on the proliferation, adhesiveness and invasiveness of osteosarcoma cell lines, in order to investigate the growth and invasion mechanism of osteosarcoma...
- Chemokine receptor CXCR4-beta1 integrin axis mediates tumorigenesis of osteosarcoma HOS cellsKohei Miura
BioTherapeutics Research Group, Robarts Research Institute and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Western Ontario, London, ON N6A 5K8, Canada
Biochem Cell Biol 83:36-48. 2005..In the present study, the beta1 integrin-chemokine axis is assessed using human osteosarcoma (HOS) transfectant cells expressing the CXCR4 receptor for chemokine SDF-1 (CXCL12)...
- Progesterone receptor as an indicator of sperm functionSushama Gadkar
Institute for Research in Reproduction, Indian Council of Medical Research, Parel, Mumbai 400 012, India
Biol Reprod 67:1327-36. 2002..n = 9), and teratozoospermia (n = 10) were exposed to low osmotic conditions in the hypoosmotic swelling (HOS) test and then analyzed for PR expression using P-FITC-BSA complex. A significantly higher percentage (P < 0...
- Prognostic value of various spermatological attributes as predictors of zona binding and zona penetration of buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) semenS Selvaraju
Reproductive Physiology Laboratory, Animal Physiology Division, National Institute of Animal Nutrition and Physiology, Bangalore, India
Reprod Domest Anim 44:6-11. 2009..05) was observed between the plasmalemma integrity as assessed by eosin--nigrosin stain and hypo-osmotic swelling (HOS) test. Furthermore, the percentage of cells positive for the HOS test, i.e. functional membrane integrity (51...
- Functionally significant mutations in the Epstein-Barr virus LMP1 gene and their role in activation of cell signaling pathwaysS V Diduk
Blokhin Cancer Research Center, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow, 115478, Russia
Biochemistry (Mosc) 73:1134-9. 2008..motifs within LMP1 are responsible for interaction of this viral protein with the receptor protein beta-TrCP/HOS SCF of the ubiquitin ligase E3 complex, playing an important role in degradation of numerous cellular proteins ..
- A quantitative immunochemical faecal occult blood test is more efficient for detecting significant colorectal neoplasia than a sensitive guaiac testZ Levi
Department of Gastroenterology, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Hospital, Petach Tikva, Israel
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 23:1359-64. 2006The sensitive guaiac faecal occult blood test, Haemoccult SENSA (HOS; Beckman Coulter, Fullerton, CA, USA), is our standard screening test for significant colorectal neoplasia...
- Diverse mechanisms of osteoblast spreading on hydroxyapatite and titaniumT Matsuura
Dental Research Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599 7450, USA
Biomaterials 21:1121-7. 2000..We previously demonstrated that RGD peptides regulate the spreading of HOS cells on HA but not on titanium, speculating that the osteoconductivity of HA might be attributed to this RGD ..
- [Effects of the extracts of Cajanus cajan L. on cell functions in human osteoblast-like TE85 cells and the derivation of osteoclast-like cells]Yuan yuan Zheng
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100005, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 42:386-91. 2007..32-1, 35-1, 35-2, and 35-3) were tested in human osteoblast-like (HOS) TE85 cells and marrow-derived osteoclast-like cells...
- Functional imaging of multidrug resistance in an orthotopic model of osteosarcoma using 99mTc-sestamibiCélia M F Gomes
Department of Radiology, Section of Nuclear Medicine, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 34:1793-803. 2007..The purpose of this work was the development of an orthotopic model of osteosarcoma based on luciferase-expressing tumour cells for the in vivo imaging of multidrug resistance (MDR) with (99m)Tc-sestamibi...
- Expression of estrogen receptors alfa and beta mRNA and alkaline phosphatase in the differentiation of osteoblasts from elderly postmenopausal women: comparison with osteoblasts from osteosarcoma cell linesFang Ping Chen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Keelung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University, Keelung, Taiwan
Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol 45:307-12. 2006..the expression of estrogen receptors (ER) alpha and beta, and activity of alkaline phosphatase during differentiation of primary osteoblast cells (hOB) from aged postmenopausal women and human osteosarcoma cell lines (HOS, MG63).
- Is abnormal sperm function an indicator among couples with recurrent pregnancy loss?Pikee Saxena
National Institute of Health and Family Welfare, Baba Gang Nath Marg, Munirka, New Delhi, India
Fertil Steril 90:1854-8. 2008..To determine whether or not sperm function parameters are altered in male partners of couples with a history of idiopathic recurrent pregnancy loss (RPL)...
- Comparative analysis of results of guaiac and immunochemical tests for faecal occult blood in colorectal cancer screening in two oncological institutionsG Castiglione
Centro per lo Studio e la Prevenzione Oncologica, Florence, Italy
Eur J Cancer Prev 3:399-405. 1994The performances of three faecal occult blood tests, rehydrated Hemoccult (HOR), Hemoccult sensa (HOS) and Hemeselect (HSEL) on 3 days were compared in 1,725 subjects consecutively recruited in two oncological institutions in Milan and ..
- Synthesis and secretion of plasminogen activators and collagenases in human cells transformed by Kirsten murine sarcoma virus and N-methyl-N'-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidineM K Sidhu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, Newark 07103
Cancer Lett 47:45-51. 1989..levels of plasminogen activators and collagenases have been examined in the nonmalignant human osteosarcoma (HOS), the malignant Kirsten murine sarcoma virus transformed (KHOS/NP), the temperature sensitive revertant of virus ..
- Evidence of validity for the hip outcome score in hip arthroscopyRobroy L Martin
Duquesne University, Center for Sports Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center corrected Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15282, USA
Arthroscopy 23:822-6. 2007The purpose of this study was to provide evidence of validity for the Hip Outcome Score (HOS) as an outcome instrument in hip arthroscopy.
- sall4 acts downstream of tbx5 and is required for pectoral fin outgrowthSteven A Harvey
Division of Developmental Biology, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, UK
Development 133:1165-73. 2006..Mutations in the T-box transcription factor TBX5 cause Holt-Oram syndrome (HOS), which results in forelimb and heart defects...
- High energy shock waves enhance the cytotoxic effect of doxorubicin and methotrexate to human osteosarcoma cell linesAlessandra Palmero
Department of Paediatrics, Regina Margherita Children s Hospital, University of Turin, Italy
Oncol Rep 15:267-73. 2006..The effect of these combinations on SJSA-1, MG-63 and HOS human osteosarcoma cell lines were evaluated through incubation with doxorubicin or methotrexate and high energy ..
- Acid-, water- and high-temperature-stable ruthenium complexes for the total catalytic deoxygenation of glycerol to propaneDeeb Taher
Chemistry Department, Tafila Technical University, P O Box 179, Tafila 66110, Jordan
Chemistry 15:10132-43. 2009..In the presence of HOS(O)(2)CF(3) (triflic acid) as a dehydration co-catalyst they directly convert 1,2-hexanediol to n-hexanol and hexane...
- [Evaluation of corneal tissue processed by a reference Eye Bank]Reinaldo Ferreira da Silva
Hospital Oftalmológico de Sorocaba, Sorocaba, SP, Brasil
Arq Bras Oftalmol 72:673-6. 2009..corneas processed by Sorocaba Eye Bank (BOS) - SP and transplanted out of the Ophthalmology Hospital of Sorocaba (HOS), as well as the corneas that had re-entered in the BOS, being transplanted or not in the HOS, during the year of ..
- Mortality and cause of death in mucopolysaccharidosis type II-a historical review based on data from the Hunter Outcome Survey (HOS)S A Jones
Willink Unit, Genetic Medicine, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, Central Manchester University Hospitals, NHS Foundation Trust, St Mary s Hospital, Manchester, UK
J Inherit Metab Dis 32:534-43. 2009..period in which patients died with age at death in 129 patients for whom data were entered retrospectively into HOS (Hunter Outcome Survey), the only large-scale, multinational observational study of patients with MPS II...
- Nerve growth factor induces anti-apoptotic heme oxygenase-1 in rat pheochromocytoma PC12 cellsHeling Liu
Cardiovascular Research Center of the Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts, USA
J Neurochem 86:1553-63. 2003Nerve growth factor (NGF) and heme oxygenases (HOs) both exert neuroprotective effects...
- Shedding of the interleukin-6 (IL-6) receptor (gp80) determines the ability of IL-6 to induce gp130 phosphorylation in human osteoblastsCsaba Vermes
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Rush University, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 277:16879-87. 2002..Three different human osteoblast-like cell lines (MG-63, HOS, and SaOS-2) and bone marrow-derived primary human osteoblasts expressed both IL-6R and gp130 as determined by flow ..
- The effects of intravenous hyperoxygenated solution infusion on systemic oxygenation and intrapulmonary shunt during one-lung ventilation in pigsChangjun Gao
Department of Anesthesiology, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi Province, China
J Surg Res 159:653-9. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate whether intravenous hyperoxygenated solution (HOS) infusion would improve systemic oxygenation and reduce intrapulmonary shunt during OLV.
- Curcumin induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in human osteosarcoma (HOS) cellsDuk Su Lee
Department of Biochemistry, School of Dentistry, Kyung Hee University, 1 Hoeki dong, Dongdaemoon Ku, Seoul 130 701, Korea
Anticancer Res 29:5039-44. 2009..In this study, we showed that curcumin induced cell cycle arrest followed by antiproliferation and apoptosis in human osteosarcoma (HOS) cells.
- Effects of the crude extract of Polygala tenuifolia Willd on human sperm in vitroYi Qiu
Key Laboratory for Improving Birth Outcome Technique, Shandong Provincial Institute of Science and Technology for Family Planning, Jinan 250002, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 12:448-54. 2011..The hypo-osmotic swelling (HOS) test and the eosin Y (EY) staining were used to detect the integrity of sperm membrane and vitality...
- HO1 mRNA and Protein do not Change in Parallel in Bronchial Biopsies of Patients After Long Term Exposure to Sulfur MustardMohammad Reza Nourani
Chemical Injury Research Center CIRC, Baqiyatallah Medical Sciences University, Tehran, Iran
Gene Regul Syst Bio 4:83-90. 2009..SM causes the endogenous production of reactive oxygen species (ROS).Heme oxygenases (HOs) are the rate-limiting enzyme for heme metabolism...
- Beta4 integrin promotes osteosarcoma metastasis and interacts with ezrinX Wan
Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 1928, USA
Oncogene 28:3401-11. 2009..Furthermore, highly metastatic MNNG-HOS cells have increased levels of beta4 integrin...
- Experimental studies on the bone metabolism of male rats chronically exposed to cadmium intoxication using dual-energy X-ray absorptiometryH Yokota
Department of Radiology, Kanazawa Medical University, Uchinada, Kahoku, Ishikawa, Japan
Toxicol Ind Health 24:161-70. 2008..Six-week-old male Hos Donryu rats were used in this experiment...
- Antitumor effects of telomerase inhibitor TMPyP4 in osteosarcoma cell linesJun Fujimori
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
J Orthop Res 29:1707-11. 2011..TMPyP4 significantly inhibited telomerase activity in telomerase positive HOS and Saos-2, but not in MG-63...
- Targeted therapy of human osteosarcoma with 17AAG or rapamycin: characterization of induced apoptosis and inhibition of mTOR and Akt/MAPK/Wnt pathwaysYair Gazitt
Cancer Therapy and Research Center, The University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78284, USA
Int J Oncol 34:551-61. 2009..We used 17-AAG to inhibit Hsp90 and rapamycin to inhibit mTOR, in the osteosarcoma cell lines, HOS and KHOS/NP...
- Toxicological effects of inorganic nanoparticles on human lung cancer A549 cellsSoo Jin Choi
Center for Intelligent Nano Bio Materials, Division of Nano Sciences BK21, Department of Chemistry and Nano Science, Ewha Womans University, Seoul 120 750, Republic of Korea
J Inorg Biochem 103:463-71. 2009..with that in other human cancer cell lines such as cervical adenocarcinoma cells (HeLa) and osteosarcoma cells (HOS)...
- The sleep of commercial vehicle drivers under the 2003 hours-of-service regulationsRichard J Hanowski
Center for Truck and Bus Safety, Virginia Tech Transportation Institute, 3500 Transportation Research Plaza, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
Accid Anal Prev 39:1140-5. 2007..18 h of sleep per night. The revised hours-of-service (HOS) regulations (in the United States) are in place to provide drivers with more opportunities to get sleep...
- First row transition metal complexes of (E)-2-(2-(2-hydroxybenzylidene) hydrazinyl)-2-oxo-N-phenylacetamide complexesT A Yousef
Department of Toxic and Narcotic Drug, Forensic Medicine, Mansoura Laboratory, Medicolegal Organization, Ministry of Justice, Egypt
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 83:271-8. 2011..Mononuclear complexes are obtained with 1:1 molar ratio except [Mn(HOS)(2)(H(2)O)(2)] and [Co(OS)(2)](H(2)O)(2) complexes which are obtained with 1:2 molar ratios...
- Bone tissue content of TGF-beta2 changes with time in human heterotopic ossification after total hip arthroplastySiim Suutre
Department of Anatomy, University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia
Growth Factors 27:114-20. 2009..the localization and relative content of different TGF beta isoforms in heterotopic ossifications (HO) by comparing HOs, which have developed less than 17 months (immature HOs) with those developed 3-9 years (mature HOs)...
- Automatic detection of epileptic EEG signals using higher order cumulant featuresU Rajendra Acharya
Department of Electronics and Computer Engineering, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore 599489, Singapore
Int J Neural Syst 21:403-14. 2011..Because of the nonlinear and dynamic nature of EEG signals, the use of nonlinear Higher Order Spectra (HOS) features is a seemingly promising approach...
- Association of Health Plans' Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) performance with outcomes of enrollees with diabetesJeffrey S Harman
Department of Health Services Research, Management and Policy, College of Public Health and Health Professions, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Med Care 48:217-23. 2010..Few quality of care evaluations examine the relationship between clinical processes and patient outcomes...
- Low concentrations of alendronate increase the local invasive potential of osteoblastic sarcoma cell lines via connexin 43 activationKazuhiro Yoshitani
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Nara Medical University School of Medicine, 840 Shijo Cho, Kashihara, Nara 634 8522, Japan
Pathol Res Pract 207:417-22. 2011..MTS assay was performed using osteosarcoma cell lines MG63 and HOS, fibrosarcoma cell line HT1080, and prostate cancer cell line PC3...
- Novel mutations in the TBX5 gene in patients with Holt-Oram SyndromeMarianna P R Porto
Department of Morfologia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP Brazil
Genet Mol Biol 33:232-6. 2010The Holt-Oram syndrome (HOS) is an autosomal dominant condition characterized by upper limb and cardiac malformations. Mutations in the TBX5 gene cause HOS and have also been associated with isolated heart and arm defects...
- In vitro osteogenic differentiation of HOS cells on two types of collagen gelsTakako Takitoh
Department of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science, Osaka Prefecture University, 1 2 Gakuen cho, Naka ku, Sakai, Osaka 599 8570, Japan
J Biosci Bioeng 110:471-8. 2010b>HOS cell is a model strain of human osteoblasts derived from human osteosarcoma. We cultured the HOS cells on both the conventional collagen gel (neutral gel), and the gamma-crosslinked collagen gel without collagen fibrils (acidic gel)...
- SCFβ(TrCP) mediates stress-activated MAPK-induced Cdc25B degradationSanae Uchida
Venture Business Laboratory, Center for Innovation, Kanazawa University, Kakuma, Kanazawa 920 1192, Ishikawa, Japan
J Cell Sci 124:2816-25. 2011..Collectively, these results indicate that stress-induced Cdc25B ubiquitylation by SCF(βTrCP) requires the phosphorylation of S(101)PS(103)P in the βTrCP-binding-motif-like and adjacent PEST-like sequences...
- Expression of a Brassica napus heme oxygenase confers plant tolerance to mercury toxicityQi Shen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Life Science, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, China
Plant Cell Environ 34:752-63. 2011Plant heme oxygenases (HOs) regulate biosynthesis of phytochrome which accounts for photo-acceptance and -morphogenesis...
- Morphologic characterization of osteosarcoma growth on the chick chorioallantoic membraneMaurice Balke
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
BMC Res Notes 3:58. 2010..We therefore screened eight osteosarcoma cell lines for their ability to form vascularized tumours on the CAM...
- The rapid anastomosis between prevascularized networks on silk fibroin scaffolds generated in vitro with cocultures of human microvascular endothelial and osteoblast cells and the host vasculatureRonald E Unger
Institute of Pathology, REPAIR Lab, Johannes Gutenberg University, Langenbeckstrasse 1, Mainz, Germany
Biomaterials 31:6959-67. 2010..We have previously shown that human microcapillary endothelial cells (HDMEC) and primary human osteoblast cells (HOS) in coculture on various 3-D bone biomaterial scaffolds rapidly distribute and self-assemble into a morphological ..
- Human OS-9, a lectin required for glycoprotein endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation, recognizes mannose-trimmed N-glycansNobuko Hosokawa
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8397, Japan
J Biol Chem 284:17061-8. 2009..Here, we examined the requirement for human OS-9 (hOS-9) lectin activity in degradation of the glycosylated ERAD substrate NHK, a genetic variant of alpha1-antitrypsin...
- Isocyanides inhibit human heme oxygenases at the verdoheme stageJohn P Evans
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of California, 600 16th Street, San Francisco, California 94158 2517, USA
Biochemistry 48:8920-8. 2009..hHO-1) is overexpressed in tumor tissues, where it helps to protect cancer cells from anticancer agents, while HOs in fungal pathogens, such as Candida albicans, function as the primary means of iron acquisition...
- Efficacy and safety of ezetimibe 40 mg vs. ezetimibe 10 mg in the treatment of patients with homozygous sitosterolaemiaT Musliner
Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, NJ, USA
Int J Clin Pract 62:995-1000. 2008To assess the effect of ezetimibe (EZE) 40 mg/day on non-cholesterol sterol plasma concentrations in patients with homozygous sitosterolaemia (HoS).
- Holt-Oram syndrome associated with anomalies of the feetL Garavelli
Clinical Genetics Unit, Obstetric and Pediatric Department, S Maria Nuova Hospital, Reggio Emilia, Italy
Am J Med Genet A 146:1185-9. 2008Holt-Oram syndrome (HOS) (OMIM 142900) is characterized by upper-extremity malformations involving the radial, thenar, or carpal bones and a personal and/or family history of congenital heart defects (CHDs)...
- Effect of antioxidant supplementation in semen extenders on semen quality and reactive oxygen species of chilled canine spermatozoaA J Michael
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Anim Reprod Sci 112:119-35. 2009..motility, progressive motility (RSF-movement), viability, acrosomal integrity and by the hypo-osmotic swelling (HOS)-test...
- Pregnancy after laser-assisted selection of viable spermatozoa before intracytoplasmatic sperm injection in a couple with male primary cilia dyskinesiaPeter Arne Gerber
Department of Dermatology, Heinrich Heine University, Duesseldorf, Germany
Fertil Steril 89:1826.e9-12. 2008..To report an intracytoplasmatic sperm injection (ICSI) pregnancy achieved in a couple with male primary cilia dyskinesia (PCD) with viable sperm that were detected using a 1.48 microm wavelength diode laser...
- VLA-4 integrin on sarcoma cell lines recognizes endothelial VCAM-1. Differential regulation of the VLA-4 avidity on various sarcoma cell linesP Mattila
Department of Bacteriology and Immunology, University of Helsinki, Finland
Int J Cancer 52:918-23. 1992..We show that several human sarcoma cell lines, osteosarcomas HOS, MG-63, U2-OS, and a rhabdomyosarcoma RD, express VLA-4 molecule on their surface and bind to the VCAM-I-expressing ..
- TBX5 mutations in non-Holt-Oram syndrome (HOS) malformed heartsStella Marie Reamon-Buettner
Drug Research and Medical Biotechnology, Fraunhofer Institute of Toxicology and Experimental Medicine, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Hum Mutat 24:104. 2004..Mutations in the human TBX5 gene cause Holt-Oram syndrome (HOS), a disorder characterized by heart and upper limb deformities...
- Health-related social disengagement in elderly diabetic patients: association with subsequent disability and survivalYong Fang Kuo
Sealy Center on Aging, The University of Texas Medical Branch Galveston, TX 77555 0460, USA
Diabetes Care 27:1630-7. 2004....
- Unique features of recombinant heme oxygenase of Drosophila melanogaster compared with those of other heme oxygenases studiedXuhong Zhang
Department of Biochemistry, Yamagata University School of Medicine, Japan
Eur J Biochem 271:1713-24. 2004..NADPH/cytochrome P450 reductase and sodium ascorbate, although the reaction rate was slower than that of mammalian HOs. Some properties of DmHO, however, are quite different from other known HOs...
- M-phase kinases induce phospho-dependent ubiquitination of somatic Wee1 by SCFbeta-TrCPNobumoto Watanabe
Antibiotics Laboratory, Discovery Research Institute, RIKEN, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:4419-24. 2004..These results also establish the existence of a feedback loop between Cdc2 and Wee1A in somatic cells that depends on ubiquitination and protein degradation and ensures the rapid activation of Cdc2 when cells are ready to divide...
- Influence of exogenous GnRH on sexual behavior and frozen/thawed semen viability in stallions during the non-breeding seasonH Sieme
National Stud of Lower Saxony, 29227, Celle, Germany
Theriogenology 61:159-71. 2004..viability and sperm morphology (Eosine-Nigrosine, EN), and osmotic reactivity (hypo-osmotic swelling test, HOS) following thawing in a water bath...
- Triggering of p73-dependent apoptosis in osteosarcoma is under the control of E2Fs-pRb2/p130 complexesDario La Sala
ITOI CNR, Unit of Bologna, c o IOR, 40136 Bologna, Italy
Oncogene 22:3518-29. 2003..We selected the osteosarcoma MDR HosDXR150 cell line by culturing Hos cells in the presence of increasing doxorubicin doses and showed that it is crossresistant to vinblastine...
- Seasonal changes in semen quality and freezability in the Warmblood stallionF Janett
Clinic of Reproduction, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 260, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Theriogenology 60:453-61. 2003..semen samples motility as well as viability (SYBR-14/PI) was tested, and the hypoosmotic swelling test (HOS) was performed...
- Heme oxygenase and angiogenic activity of endothelial cells: stimulation by carbon monoxide and inhibition by tin protoporphyrin-IXAlicja Jozkowicz
Department of Vascular Surgery, University of Vienna, Austria
Antioxid Redox Signal 5:155-62. 2003The activity of heme oxygenase enzymes (HOs) is responsible for the endogenous source of carbon monoxide (CO). Their activities can be inhibited by tin protoporphyrin-IX (SnPPIX)...
- Membrane changes during different stages of a freeze-thaw protocol for equine semen cryopreservationDeborah M Neild
Area de teriogenologia, Departamento de Medicina, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Chorroarin 280, Capital Federal 1427, Argentina
Theriogenology 59:1693-705. 2003..Membrane function was evaluated using the hypo-osmotic swelling test (HOS) and progressive motility (PM) was evaluated under light microscopy at each stage of a freeze-thaw protocol...
- Overexpression of integrin alphav promotes human osteosarcoma cell populated collagen lattice contraction and cell migrationHoward Levinson
Division of Plastic Surgery, M S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Cell Physiol 193:219-24. 2002..To elucidate alphav integrins' effects on cell-collagen interactions, human osteosarcoma (HOS) cells were transfected with alphav integrin (alphav-pcDNA 3.1+). Control HOS cells were transfected with pcDNA 3...
- [Bilateral internal jugular thrombosis associated with thrombophilia after ovarian induction for infertility]Fernando Vazquez
Servicio de Clinica Medica, Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires, Gascon 450, 1181 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Medicina (B Aires) 62:328-30. 2002..of hormonal treatment for infertility and are generally related to the hyperstimulated ovarian syndrome (HOS)...
- Observation of radiation-specific damage in human cells exposed to depleted uranium: dicentric frequency and neoplastic transformation as endpointsA C Miller
Applied Cellular Radiobiology Department, Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute, Bethesda, MD 20889 5603, USA
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 99:275-8. 2002..data from our laboratory have demonstrated that DU exposure in vitro to immortalised human osteoblast cells (HOS) is both neoplastically transforming and genotoxic...
- Health outcomes. New quality measure for MedicareJ K Cooper
Health Care Financing Administration, Baltimore, MD 21244 1850, USA
Int J Qual Health Care 13:9-16. 2001..A new measurement of health care quality for Medicare beneficiaries has been implemented by the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA). This paper describes the program, presents baseline data and highlights associated issues...
- Three novel TBX5 mutations in Chinese patients with Holt-Oram syndromeJ Yang
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Hunan Medical University, Changsha, China
Am J Med Genet 92:237-40. 2000Holt-Oram syndrome (HOS) is an autosomal dominant syndrome that comprises upper limb and cardiac defects. The gene responsible for HOS, TBX5, was isolated and many mutations have been identified in HOS patients...
- Sperm-lectin agglutination combined with swim-up leads to an efficient selection of highly motile, viable and heterogeneous ram spermatozoaR Perez-Pe
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular y Celular, Facultad de Veterinaria, Zaragoza, Spain
Theriogenology 51:623-36. 1999..To study sperm quality, cell viability (plasma membrane integrity), the HOS-test response and progressive individual motility were assessed...
- Echovirus 1 replication, not only virus binding to its receptor, VLA-2, is required for the induction of cellular immediate-early genesP Huttunen
Department of Virology, University of Turku, Finland
J Virol 71:4176-80. 1997..genes c-jun, junB, and c-fos was demonstrated during echovirus 1 infection in a human osteogenic sarcoma (HOS) cell line...
- Bounds in the sensitivity of BioMEMS devices for cell detectionKaustubh D Bhalerao
Department of Food, Agricultural and Biological Engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, 43210, USA
Biomed Microdevices 6:23-31. 2004..In order to study the interactions of human osteosarcoma (HOS) cells with BioMEMS devices, cultures were performed on silicon (Si) surfaces as well as silicon surfaces coated ..
- Cell Cycle Regulation and Adult T Cell LeukemiaChou Zen Giam; Fiscal Year: 2010..By contrast, cells deficient in p21 and p27, such as HOS, escape Tax-IRS and continue to divide after HTLV-1 infection or Tax expression...
- HTLV-I Tax activates the anaphase promoting complexChou Zen Giam; Fiscal Year: 2010..By contrast, cells deficient in p21 and p27, such as HOS, escaped Tax- IRS and continue to divide after HTLV-1 infection or Tax expression...
- HEMOPROTEIN OXIDATION AND HEME CATABOLISMPaul R Ortiz de Montellano; Fiscal Year: 2010Heme oxygenases (HOs) oxidize heme to biliverdin, iron, and carbon monoxide (CO) via a complex, three-stage process that requires seven electrons and three molecules of O2...
- Electronic/Molecular Structure of Enzyme Heme PocketsGERD LA MAR; Fiscal Year: 2009..We select three HOs, ispzyme #1 from human, hHO, and those from two pathogenic bacteria C. diphtheriae (CofHO) and N...
- Electronic/Molecular Structure of Enzyme Heme PocketsGERD LA MAR; Fiscal Year: 2007..We select 3 HOs, isozyme #1 from human, hHO, and those from 2 pathogenic bacteria C. diphtheriae (CofHO) and N...
- Core--Virus Production and Neutralization FacilityPeng Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2002..luc.R.-E-reporter genome. Neutralization assays will be conducted in microtiter in HOS-CD4-CCR5 or HOS-CD4-CXCR4 cells, using luminescence as the endpoint readout...
- Studies on ROC1-dependent Ubiquitin E3 LigasesZhen Qiang Pan; Fiscal Year: 2006..that ROC1-CUL1 functions as a core ubiquitin ligase and is recruited by an adapter, Skpl, and an F-box protein, HOS (beta-TRCP homologue), to form a four-subunit SCFHos/beta-Trcp-ROC1 complex that initiates and catalyzes the ..
- MECHANISMS OF INDUCTION OF SKIN CANCERS BY UV LIGHTHONNAVARA ANANTHASWAMY; Fiscal Year: 1990..transformation by DNA-mediated gene transfer into 3 recipient cell systems, NIH 3T3, C3H 10T1/2, and human HOS cells...
- The role of Lmp4 in the regulation of the cardiac transcription factor Tbx5Hans Georg Simon; Fiscal Year: 2009..in a variety of cardiac lineages and structures, and mutations in human TBX5 result in Holt-Oram syndrome (HOS), a disease characterized by congenital heart and limb defects...
- The role of Lmp4 in the regulation of the cardiac transcription factor Tbx5Hans Georg Simon; Fiscal Year: 2010..in a variety of cardiac lineages and structures, and mutations in human TBX5 result in Holt-Oram syndrome (HOS), a disease characterized by congenital heart and limb defects...
- The Genetics of Vulnerability to Nicotine AddictionsPamela Madden; Fiscal Year: 2007..identified a strong linkage signal in both Australian and Finnish subsamples for our primary heaviness-of-smoking (HoS) phenotype, on Chr 22 (combined single-point LOD 5.2, genome-wide significance, p=0.003)...
- TBX5 and cardiac proliferationFRANK LEO CONLON; Fiscal Year: 2010..the Xenopus T-box gene Tbx5, the gene mutated in the human congenital heart disease Holt Oram syndrome (HOS)...
- DETERMINATION OF NEURONAL FATES IN VISUAL CORTEXSusan McConnell; Fiscal Year: 1993..5 and 6 will be challenged to alter thei normal fates by heterochronic transplantion into the brains of neonatal hos ferrets...
- CARCINOGENESIS OF ENVIRONMENTALLY RELEVANT NI COMPOUNDSMax Costa; Fiscal Year: 2000..4) To investigate the consequence of inhibiting and activating DNA methylation on HOS cell transformation alone or the transformed state as induced by Ni, as well as other carcinogens.
- NEURAL COMPUTATIONS IN VISUAL CORTEXJonathan D Victor; Fiscal Year: 2010..implies that V1 neurons are sensitive to these distinguishing characteristics, namely, high-order statistics (HOS's)...
- Role of HOS in cell transformation and apoptosisSERGE FUCHS; Fiscal Year: 2009..of a number of important regulators of cell growth, transformation and survival is controlled by the SCF(HOS/beta-Trcp) E3 ubiquitin ligases in a phosphorylation-dependent manner...
- Role of HOS in cell transformation and apoptosisSERGE FUCHS; Fiscal Year: 2007..Proteolysis of a number of important regulators of cell growth, transformation and survival is controlled by the SCF(HOS/beta-Trcp) E3 ubiquitin ligases in a phosphorylation-dependent manner...
- Role of HOS in cell transformation and apoptosisSERGE FUCHS; Fiscal Year: 2004In studying the mechanisms of targeting proteins for ubiquitination, Dr. Fuks identified HOS, a human homologue of Drosophila Slimb protein, as a key factor in recruitment of SCF E3 ubiquitin ligase to phosphorylated substrates ..
- A Genetic Approach to Organogenesis in XenopusFrank Conlon; Fiscal Year: 2006..A second example is Holt-Oram syndrome (HOS), a disease often associated with mutations in the coding region of the transcription factor TBX5, a gene also ..
- Requirements for the FGF/MAPK in early heart developmentFrank Conlon; Fiscal Year: 2007..A second example is the Holt-Oram syndrome (HOS), a disease associated with mutations in the coding region of the transcription factor TBX5...
- The Genetics of Vulnerability to Nicotine AddictionsPamela Madden; Fiscal Year: 2009..identified a strong linkage signal in both Australian and Finnish sibships, for our primary heaviness-of-smoking (HoS) phenotype, on Chr 22q12 (in updated analyses, multi-point LODs of 3.05 and 3.21 respectively)...
- Tbx5 Protein Networks And Heart/Limb Development DefectsHans Georg Simon; Fiscal Year: 2004..A reduced level of Tbx5 protein causes Holt-Oram syndrome (HOS), a disease characterized by developmental defects of the upper limbs and heart septation...
- The Genetics of Vulnerability to Nicotine AddictionsPAMELA ANN MADDEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..identified a strong linkage signal in both Australian and Finnish sibships, for our primary heaviness-of-smoking (HoS) phenotype, on Chr 22q12 (in updated analyses, multi-point LODs of 3.05 and 3.21 respectively)...
- REGULATION OF HEART CHAMBER FORMATION BY TBX5Katherine Yutzey; Fiscal Year: 2005..Mutations in the TBX5 have been identified in families with Holt-Oram Syndrome (HOS) which includes atrial septal defects and other cardiac anomalies...