Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FBXO3
Description: F-box protein 3
Alias: FBA, FBX3, F-box only protein 3, F-box protein FBX3
Publications150 found, 100 shown here
- Reconstruction and flux analysis of coupling between metabolic pathways of astrocytes and neurons: application to cerebral hypoxiaTunahan Cakir
Department of Chemical Engineering, Bogazici University, 34342, Bebek, Istanbul, Turkey
Theor Biol Med Model 4:48. 2007..To simplify this task and make it more practicable, we undertook stoichiometric modeling of brain energy metabolism with the major aim of including the main interacting pathways in and between astrocytes and neurons...
- [Immunophenotypic features of acute myeloid leukemia with AML-1/ETO fusion gene]Jian Jun Zhang
Flow Cytomertry Laboratory, Department of Laboratory Medical Examination, Guangdong Provincial People s Hospital, Guangzhou 510080, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 15:378-81. 2007AML-1/ETO fusion gene is the frequent genetic lesion described in FBA M(2) type acute myeloid leukemia (AML-M(2)) and is associated with a favourable prognosis...
- Horizontal transfer of a eukaryotic plastid-targeted protein gene to cyanobacteriaMatthew B Rogers
Canadian Institute for Advanced Research, Department of Botany, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
BMC Biol 5:26. 2007..In particular, gene flow from eukaryotes to prokaryotes is rarely documented with strong support, which is unusual since prokaryotic genomes appear to readily accept foreign genes...
- Differential expression of Haemophilus parasuis genes in response to iron restriction and cerebrospinal fluidDevon S Metcalf
Department of Pathobiology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario
Can J Vet Res 71:181-8. 2007..polymerase chain reaction, we found that homologues of genes encoding fructose bisphosphate aldolase (fba), adenylosuccinate synthetase (purA), 2',3'-cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase (cpdB), lipoprotein signal ..
- Characterization of recombinant fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase from Methylococcus capsulatus BathO N Rozova
Skryabin Institute of Biochemistry and Physiology of Microorganisms, Russian Academy of Sciences, Pushchino, Moscow Region, Russia
Biochemistry (Mosc) 75:892-8. 2010The gene fba from the thermotolerant obligate methanotroph Methylococcus capsulatus Bath was cloned and expressed in Escherichia coli BL21(DE3)...
- Fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolases in amitochondriate protists constitute a single protein subfamily with eubacterial relationshipsLidya Sánchez
The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Gene 295:51-9. 2002Sequences of putative fructose-1,6-bisphospate aldolases (FBA) in five amitochondriate unicellular eukaryotes, the diplomonads Giardia intestinalis (published earlier) and Spironucleus barkhanus, the pelobiont Mastigamoeba balamuthi,the ..
- Effect of cement selection and finishing technique on marginal opening of cast gold inlaysCharles V Farrell
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98225 4035, USA
J Prosthet Dent 99:287-92. 2008..With increasing interest in using resin and resin-modified glass ionomer cements for this purpose, marginal adaptation with use of these newer cements must be assessed...
- [Reliability of fetal pulse oximetry for the detection of fetal acidosis]B Seelbach-Göbel
Klinik fur Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe, St Hedwig Perinatalzentrum, Krankenhaus der Barmherzigen Bruder, Lehrstuhl der Universität Regensburg, Schwerpunkt Geburtshilfe, Regensburg
Z Geburtshilfe Neonatol 209:43-50. 2005..In all cases fetal blood pH and base excess were determined repeatedly by fetal blood analysis (FBA)...
- Onchocerca volvulus glycolytic enzyme fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase as a target for a protective immune response in humansJames S McCarthy
University of Western Australia, Department of Medicine, Fremantle Hospital, Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
Infect Immun 70:851-8. 2002..an open reading frame of 363 amino acids encoding the glycolytic enzyme fructose 1,6 bisphosphate aldolase (Ov-fba-1)...
- Archaeal fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolases constitute a new family of archaeal type class I aldolaseB Siebers
Department of Microbiology, Universitat Essen, 45117 Essen, Germany
J Biol Chem 276:28710-8. 2001..For enzymatic studies the fba genes of T. tenax and P. furiosus were expressed in Escherichia coli...
- Heat pretreatment alleviates UV-B toxicity in the cyanobacterium Anabaena doliolum: A proteomic analysis of cross toleranceYogesh Mishra
Center of Advanced Study in Botany, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India
Photochem Photobiol 85:824-33. 2009..phycobilisome core component (PBS-CC), iron superoxide dismutase (Fe-SOD), fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase (FBA), nucleoside diphosphate kinase (NDPK), phosphoribulokinase (PRK) and ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase/..
- Proteome-based physiological analysis of the metabolically engineered succinic acid producer Mannheimia succiniciproducens LPK7Jeong Wook Lee
Metabolic and Biomolecular Engineering National Research Laboratory, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering BK21 Program, BioProcess Engineering Research Center, KAIST, 335 Gwahangno, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 701, Republic of Korea
Bioprocess Biosyst Eng 33:97-107. 2010..Ppa, SerS, ProS, Pnp, PotD, MalK, RbsB, and TbpA), pyruvate metabolism (AceF and Lpd), glycolysis (GapA, Pgk, Fba, and TpiA), and amino acid biosynthesis (Asd, DapA, DapD, Gdh, ArgD, and ArgG) varied significantly in the LPK7 ..
- Inhaled foreign bodies: management according to early or late presentationSameh Ibrahim Sersar
Cardiothoracic Surgery, Mansoura University, 35516, Egypt
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 28:369-74. 2005..aspirated foreign body (AFB), to evaluate the factors associated with delayed diagnosis of foreign body aspiration (FBA) in children and to compare clinical, radiological and bronchoscopic findings in the patients with suspected FBA...
- Nuclear transfer protocol affects messenger RNA expression patterns in cloned bovine blastocystsC Wrenzycki
Department of Biotechnology, Institut für Tierzucht und Tierverhalten FAL, Mariensee, 31535 Neustadt, Germany
Biol Reprod 65:309-17. 2001..In experiment 1, employing either FBA (fusion before activation) or AFS (fusion and activation simultaneously) to generate NT blastocysts, Hsp mRNAs were ..
- Foreign body aspiration in children: the value of diagnostic criteriaGursu Kiyan
Marmara University School of Medicine, Department of Pediatric Surgery, Tophanelioglu cad 13 15, Altunizade Uskudar, 34662 Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 73:963-7. 2009Foreign body aspiration (FBA) is a serious problem in children. While bronchoscopy should be performed in all patients with aspiration; patients without aspiration should be carefully excluded to avoid an unnecessary bronchoscopy...
- The antigen receptor (NCCRP-1) on catfish and zebrafish nonspecific cytotoxic cells belongs to a new gene family characterized by an F-box-associated domainLiliana Jaso-Friedmann
Department of Medical Microbiology and Parasitology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602 7386, USA
J Mol Evol 54:386-95. 2002..present in NCCRP-1) and an extremely conserved C-terminal region that has been termed the F-box-associated domain (FBA). The FBA is currently of unknown function...
- Metabolic reconstruction and modeling of nitrogen fixation in Rhizobium etliOsbaldo Resendis-Antonio
Bioengineering Department, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
PLoS Comput Biol 3:1887-95. 2007..Flux balance analysis (FBA) was performed, and the predicted active metabolic pathways agreed qualitatively with experimental observations...
- Inhaled foreign bodies: presentation, management and value of history and plain chest radiography in delayed presentationSameh Ibrahim Sersar
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Mansoura University, 35516 Mansoura, Egypt
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 134:92-9. 2006..on the outcome of the procedure and to evaluate the factors associated with delayed diagnosis of FB aspiration (FBA) in children; and to compare clinical, radiologic and bronchoscopic findings in the patients with suspected FB ..
- Modeling Lactococcus lactis using a genome-scale flux modelAna Paula Oliveira
Fluxome Sciences A S, Søltofts Plads, Building 223, DK 2800 Kgs Lyngby, Denmark
BMC Microbiol 5:39. 2005..Flux balance analysis (FBA) and minimization of metabolic adjustment (MOMA) were used as modeling frameworks.
- Recruitment of complement factor H-like protein 1 promotes intracellular invasion by group A streptococciVinod Pandiripally
Department of Microbiology, Molecular Genetics and Immunology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City 66160, USA
Infect Immun 71:7119-28. 2003..b>Fba is an FHL-1 and FH binding protein expressed on the surface of the human pathogenic bacterium, Streptococcus ..
- Management strategies in foreign-body aspirationPaola Zaupa
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Medical University of Graz, Austria, Europa paola zaupa meduni graz at
Indian J Pediatr 76:157-61. 2009..management algorithm to ensure effective teamwork in decreasing morbidity and mortality in pediatric Foreign-Body Aspirations (FBA). Furthermore, the role of flexible bronchoscopy when compared to rigid bronchoscopy in FBA was evaluated.
- Genome-scale reconstruction and analysis of the Pseudomonas putida KT2440 metabolic network facilitates applications in biotechnologyJacek Puchałka
Synthetic and Systems Biology Group, Helmholtz Center for Infection Research HZI, Braunschweig, Germany
PLoS Comput Biol 4:e1000210. 2008..putida KT2440. Network reconstruction and flux balance analysis (FBA) enabled definition of the structure of the metabolic network, identification of knowledge gaps, and pin-pointing ..
- The effect of activation treatments on the development of reconstructed bovine oocytesP C Shen
Department of Animal Science, National Pingtung University of Science and Technology, Pingtung 912, Taiwan, ROC
Anim Reprod Sci 106:1-12. 2008..05). Reconstructed oocytes activated 4h after fusion (fusion before activation, FBA) had a higher blastocyst rate than those oocytes activated immediately after electrofusion (fusion and activation ..
- A flow-batch analyzer with piston propulsion applied to automatic preparation of calibration solutions for Mn determination in mineral waters by ET AASLuciano F Almeida
Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, CCEN, Departamento de Quimica Fundamental, Brazil
Talanta 73:906-12. 2007..Flow-batch analyzers (FBA) have been successfully applied to implement analytical procedures, such as: titrations, sample pre-treatment, ..
- The global repressor SugR controls expression of genes of glycolysis and of the L-lactate dehydrogenase LdhA in Corynebacterium glutamicumVerena Engels
Institute of Biotechnology I, Research Center Juelich, Juelich, Germany
J Bacteriol 190:8033-44. 2008..regions of genes of the glycolytic enzymes 6-phosphofructokinase (pfkA), fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase (fba), enolase (eno), pyruvate kinase (pyk), and NAD-dependent L-lactate dehydrogenase (ldhA)...
- Plasmid-dependent methylotrophy in thermotolerant Bacillus methanolicusTrygve Brautaset
Department of Biotechnology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, N 7491 Trondheim SINTEF Applied Chemistry, SINTEF, N 7043 Trondheim, Norway
J Bacteriol 186:1229-38. 2004..ribulose-5-phosphate 3-epimerase; tkt, encoding transketolase; glpX, encoding fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase; and fba, encoding fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase) with deduced roles in methanol assimilation via the ribulose ..
- Structural basis for catalysis of a tetrameric class IIa fructose 1,6-bisphosphate aldolase from Mycobacterium tuberculosisScott D Pegan
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
J Mol Biol 386:1038-53. 2009..tuberculosis. The class IIa fructose 1,6-bisphosphate aldolase (FBA) enzyme from M. tuberculosis (MtFBA) has been proposed as one such target since it is upregulated in latent TB...
- The heterodox nature of "Turban Pins" in foreign body aspiration; the central anatolian experienceMelih Kaptanoglu
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Cumhuriyet University, Sivas, Turkiye
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 71:553-8. 2007..The aim of this study is to determine the age and sex distribution and the nature of aspirated foreign bodies (FBs). We also compared Turban Pins (TP) with other FBs and discussed the extracting techniques...
- The moonlighting protein fructose-1, 6-bisphosphate aldolase of Neisseria meningitidis: surface localization and role in host cell adhesionSarfraz A Tunio
Molecular Bacteriology and Immunology Group, Institute of Infection, Immunity and Inflammation, Centre for Biomolecular Sciences, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK
Mol Microbiol 76:605-15. 2010Fructose-1, 6-bisphosphate aldolases (FBA) are cytoplasmic glycolytic enzymes, which despite lacking identifiable secretion signals, have also been found localized to the surface of several bacteria where they bind host molecules and ..
- Multivalent II [beta-D-Galp-(1-->4)-beta-D-GlcpNAc] and Talpha [beta-D-Galp-(1-->3)-alpha-D-GalpNAc] specific Moraceae family plant lectin from the seeds of Ficus bengalensis fruitsBiswajit Singha
Department of Biological Chemistry, Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Jadavpur, Kolkata 700032, India
Carbohydr Res 342:1034-43. 2007..bengalensis agglutinin (FBA)...
- Genetic modification of flux for flux prediction of mutantsQuanyu Zhao
Department of Bioscience and Bioinformatics, Kyushu Institute of Technology, 680 4 Kawazu, Iizuka, Fukuoka, Japan
Bioinformatics 25:1702-8. 2009..Some algorithms including flux balance analysis (FBA) and minimization of metabolic adjustment (MOMA) predict a flux distribution from a stoichiometric matrix in the ..
- Kinetics independent spectrometric analysis using non-linear calibration modelling and exploitation of concentration gradients generated by a flow-batch system for albumin and total protein determination in blood serumMargarida C Souza
Universidade Federal do Amazonas, Instituto de Ciências Exatas e Tecnologia, Brazil
Talanta 82:1027-32. 2010..It uses a non-linear calibration model that explores concentration gradients generated by a flow-batch analyser (FBA) for the samples, dye, and the single standard solution...
- Cyanophora paradoxa: nucleotide sequence and phylogeny of the nucleus encoded muroplast fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolaseA A Nickol
ZMBP, Pflanzenphysiologie, , Germany
Z Naturforsch C 55:991-1003. 2000..isolation of a clone encoding the nucleus-encoded muroplast class-II fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase (class-II FBA). Its nucleotide sequence was determined...
- Comparing flux balance analysis to network expansion: producibility, sustainability and the scope of compoundsKai Kruse
Theoretical Biophysics, Insitute for Biology, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Genome Inform 20:91-101. 2008..The producibility of metabolites from available resources is investigated systematically using flux balance analysis (FBA) and network expansion...
- Laryngeal foreign body mistreated as recurrent laryngitis and croup for one yearSinan Atmaca
Department of Otolaryngology, Ondokuz Mayis University Faculty of Medicine, Samsun, Turkey
Turk J Pediatr 51:65-6. 2009Foreign body aspiration (FBA) is a common, dangerous problem among children of all ages...
- Sputum eosinophilia, airway hyperresponsiveness and airway narrowing in young adults with former asthmaJohsuke Hara
Respiratory Medicine, Cellular Transplantation Biology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medicine, Ishikawa, Japan
Allergol Int 57:211-7. 2008..30-80% of outgrown asthma subjects develop symptoms again later in life. We investigated inflammation and function of lower airway in adolescents with former asthma...
- Late diagnosis of foreign body aspiration in children with chronic respiratory symptomsF Karakoc
Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 71:241-6. 2007..Children with undiagnosed and retained foreign bodies (FBs) may present with persistent respiratory symptoms. Delayed diagnosis is an important problem in developing countries and several factors affect the delay...
- Understanding the adaptive growth strategy of Lactobacillus plantarum by in silico optimisationBas Teusink
Top Institute Food and Nutrition WCFS, Wageningen, The Netherlands
PLoS Comput Biol 5:e1000410. 2009..Hence, previous attempts to use FBA to predict metabolic fluxes in Lactobacillus plantarum failed, as this lactic acid bacterium produces lactate, even ..
- Tracheobronchial foreign bodies in children: importance of accurate history and plain chest radiography in delayed presentationB Tokar
Departments of Paediatric Surgery and Radiology, Osmangazi University Faculty of Medicine, Eskisehir, Turkey
Clin Radiol 59:609-15. 2004To evaluate the factors associated with delayed diagnosis of foreign body aspiration (FBA) in children and to compare clinical, radiological and bronchoscopic findings in the patients with suspected FBA.
- Thin-section axial multidetector computed tomography and multiplanar reformatted imaging of children with suspected foreign-body aspiration: Is virtual bronchoscopy overemphasized?M Kocaoglu
Department of Radiology, Gulhane Military Medical School, Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
Acta Radiol 47:746-51. 2006..computed tomography (MDCT)-assisted virtual bronchoscopy (VB) to axial MDCT and multiplanar reformatted (MPR) imaging with respect to conventional bronchoscopy in the evaluation of children with suspected foreign-body aspiration (FBA).
- The antibiotic streptomycin assessed in a battery of in vitro tests for reproductive toxicologyK Lemeire
EggCentris NV, Z 1 Researchpark 310, B 1731 Zellik, Belgium
Toxicol In Vitro 21:1348-53. 2007..The follicle bio-assay (FBA) is a multiparametric long-term follicle culture system mimicking ovarian function; in vitro fertilisation (IVF) of ..
- Flux balance analysis of Chlorella sp. FC2 IITG under photoautotrophic and heterotrophic growth conditionsMuthusivaramapandian Muthuraj
Department of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Guwahati, 781039, Assam, India
Photosynth Res 118:167-79. 2013..In the present study, flux balance analysis (FBA) was carried out for an indigenous isolate Chlorella sp...
- Two new radiological findings to improve the diagnosis of bronchial foreign-body aspiration in childrenGuido Girardi
Pediatric Pulmonary Section, Department of Pediatrics, Exequiel Gonzales Cortes Children s Hospital, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Pediatr Pulmonol 38:261-4. 2004..in the same hemithorax, and aeration within an area of atelectasis) in children with foreign-body aspiration (FBA). We performed a retrospective review of clinical characteristics and chest X-ray films of 133 children with FBA...
- The methylotrophic Bacillus methanolicus MGA3 possesses two distinct fructose 1,6-bisphosphate aldolasesJessica Stolzenberger
Faculty of Biology and CeBiTec, Bielefeld University, Bielefeld, Germany
Microbiology 159:1770-81. 2013..Fructose 1,6-bisphosphate aldolase (FBA), a key enzyme of glycolysis and gluconeogenesis, is encoded in the genome of B...
- Complementary identification of multiple flux distributions and multiple metabolic pathwaysDong Yup Lee
Metabolic and Biomolecular Engineering National Research Laboratory, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 373 1 Guseong dong, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 701, Korea
Metab Eng 7:182-200. 2005..This approach judiciously integrates flux balance analysis (FBA) based on linear programming and the graph-theoretic method for determining reaction pathways...
- Microscopic quantification of bacterial invasion by a novel antibody-independent staining methodFranziska Agerer
Zentrum für Infektionsforschung, Universitat Wurzburg, Rontgenring 11, 97070 Wurzburg, Germany
J Microbiol Methods 59:23-32. 2004..We describe a novel fluorescence staining protocol, called FITC-biotin-avidin (FBA) staining, which allows the differentiation between extracellular and intracellular bacteria and is independent of ..
- A Model of an Integrated Immune System Pathway in Homo sapiens and Its Interaction with Superantigen Producing Expression Regulatory Pathway in Staphylococcus aureus: Comparing Behavior of Pathogen Perturbed and Unperturbed PathwayNamrata Tomar
Machine Intelligence Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India
PLoS ONE 8:e80918. 2013..Moreover, we have developed a formalism under Flux Balance Analysis (FBA) for the optimization of conflicting objective functions...
- Synthesis and preclinical evaluation of a folic acid derivative labeled with 18F for PET imaging of folate receptor-positive tumorsAndrea Bettio
Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences of ETH, Center for Radiopharmaceutical Science of ETH, PSI, and USZ, Zurich, Switzerland
J Nucl Med 47:1153-60. 2006Folic acid was linked regioselectively through its alpha- and gamma-carboxyl groups to 4-fluorobenzylamine (FBA), and the alpha- and gamma-FBA-folate regioisomers were evaluated for their ability to bind to folate receptor-positive cells...
- Regulatory on/off minimization of metabolic flux changes after genetic perturbationsTomer Shlomi
School of Computer Science, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:7695-700. 2005..are compared with previously suggested algorithms, minimization of metabolic adjustment, and flux balance analysis (FBA)...
- Structure-based design and synthesis of novel dual-target inhibitors against cyanobacterial fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase and fructose-1,6-bisphosphataseDing Li
Key Laboratory of Pesticide and Chemical Biology CCNU, Ministry of Education, College of Chemistry, Central China Normal University, Wuhan 430079, China
J Agric Food Chem 61:7453-61. 2013Cyanobacteria class II fructose-1,6-bisphoshate aldolase (Cy-FBA-II) and cyanobacteria fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase (Cy-FBPase) are two neighboring key regulatory enzymes in the Calvin cycle of the cyanobacteria photosynthesis system...
- Plant F-box protein evolution is determined by lineage-specific timing of major gene family expansion wavesAura Navarro-Quezada
Department of Stress and Developmental Biology, Leibniz Institute of Plant Biochemistry, Halle Saale, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e68672. 2013..we asked whether the largest subfamily in Arabidopsis thaliana, which carries a C-terminal F-box associated domain (FBA proteins) shares evolutionary patterns and signatures of selection with other FBPs...
- The ability of flux balance analysis to predict evolution of central metabolism scales with the initial distance to the optimumWilliam R Harcombe
Department of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Comput Biol 9:e1003091. 2013The most powerful genome-scale framework to model metabolism, flux balance analysis (FBA), is an evolutionary optimality model...
- Segregated flux balance analysis constrained by population structure/function data: the case of PHA production by mixed microbial culturesF Pardelha
REQUIMTE CQFB, Chemistry Department, FCT Universidade Nova de Lisboa, 2829 516 Caparica, Portugal
Biotechnol Bioeng 110:2267-76. 2013In this study we developed a segregated flux balance analysis (FBA) method to calculate metabolic flux distributions of the individual populations present in a mixed microbial culture (MMC)...
- A flow-batch analyzer using a low cost aquarium pump for classification of citrus juice with respect to brandSueny Kêlia Barbosa Freitas
Departamento de Quimica, Universidade Federal da Paraiba, CCEN, CP 5093, 58051 970 João Pessoa PB, Brazil
Talanta 107:45-8. 2013This paper proposes a novel flow-batch analyzer (FBA), which employs a compact, low-cost aquarium air pump as an alternative to a peristaltic pump...
- Optimization of the solid-phase synthesis of [18F] radiolabeled peptides for positron emission tomographyJason B White
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of California, Davis, USA
Appl Radiat Isot 70:2720-9. 2012..selected for solid-phase radiolabeling of the model peptide VQAAIDYING with 4-[(18)F]fluorobenzoic acid ([(18)F]FBA). A wide range of radiochemical yields (18.8 ± 1.5% to 41.2 ± 5...
- Questions About Behavioral Function (QABF): adaptation and validation of the Spanish versionDavid Simó-Pinatella
Ramon Llull University, C Cister, 34, 08022 Barcelona, Spain
Res Dev Disabil 34:1248-55. 2013..These behaviors become a challenge for the families and for professionals. Functional behavioral assessment (FBA) is a method used to identify variables that influence or maintain challenging behaviors (CB) and aid in the ..
- Perceived subject outcomes and impact on health-related quality of life associated with diet using the new Food Benefits Assessment (FBA) questionnaire: development and psychometric validationDenis Guyonnet
Danone Research, RD 128, F 91767 Palaiseau Cedex, France
Public Health Nutr 11:1163-72. 2008..To assess the perceived outcomes associated with diet/food intake in the general adult population...
- A rational design approach for amino acid supplementation in hepatocyte cultureHong Yang
Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Rutgers, State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 103:1176-91. 2009..Flux balance analysis (FBA) is used to determine an amino acid flux profile consistent with a desired output; this is used to design an amino ..
- Stainless steel crown aspiration during sedation in pediatric dentistryA Adewumi
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, College of Dentistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Pediatr Dent 30:59-62. 2008Foreign body aspiration (FBA) causes death in more than 300 children every year in the United States. Morbidity and mortality are increased in children due to narrow airways and immature protective mechanisms...
- An unusual cause of chronic cough. Foreign body aspirationLisa L Willett
Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 0012, USA
J Gen Intern Med 21:C1-3. 2006Foreign body aspiration (FBA) is a serious medical problem, causing thousands of deaths nationally each year. Clinical presentations range from acute suffocation and death to chronic and subtle respiratory symptoms...
- What is the diagnostic value of flexible bronchoscopy in the initial investigation of children with suspected foreign body aspiration?Christian A Righini
University Hospital, ENT Department, CHU A Michallon, Service ORL, 38043 Grenoble, France
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 71:1383-90. 2007..Many studies have described the manifestation of foreign body aspiration (FbA); however, only a few analyzed the role of flexible bronchoscopy in the diagnosis of FbA...
- Modelling osmotic stress by Flux Balance Analysis at the genomic scaleAline Metris
Institute of Food Research, Norwich Research Park, Colney, Norwich, NR4 7UA, UK
Int J Food Microbiol 152:123-8. 2012..One way to make these models more mechanistic is to use systems biology methods such as Flux Balance Analysis (FBA). FBA consists of evaluating the possible fluxes through the metabolic reactions taking place in a cell...
- Targeted in vivo imaging of integrin alphavbeta6 with an improved radiotracer and its relevance in a pancreatic tumor modelSven H Hausner
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of California Davis, Davis, California 95616, USA
Cancer Res 69:5843-50. 2009..the feasibility of imaging alpha(v)beta(6) in vivo by positron emission tomography (PET) using the peptide [(18)F]FBA-A20FMDV2...
- Flux balance analysis: interrogating genome-scale metabolic networksMatthew A Oberhardt
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, USA
Methods Mol Biol 500:61-80. 2009Flux balance analysis (FBA) is a computational method to analyze reconstructions of biochemical networks. FBA requires the formulation of a biochemical network in a precise mathematical framework called a stoichiometric matrix...
- Insights into metabolic efficiency from flux analysisXuewen Chen
Department of Plant Biology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48823, USA
J Exp Bot 63:2343-51. 2012..flux analysis (MFA) as well as the uses and limitations of efficiency in predictive flux balance analysis (FBA) are highlighted...
- Physical models implemented in the GEANT4-DNA extension of the GEANT-4 toolkit for calculating initial radiation damage at the molecular levelC Villagrasa
Institut de Radioprotection et de Surete Nucleaire, DRPH, SDE, LDRI, B P 17, 92262 Fontenay aux Roses, France
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 143:214-8. 2011..They are mostly based on the plane-wave Born approximation (first Born approximation, or FBA) for inelastic interactions and on semi-empirical models for energies where the FBA fails (at low energies)...
- Hypoxic response of Mycobacterium tuberculosis studied by metabolic labeling and proteome analysis of cellular and extracellular proteinsIda Rosenkrands
Department of TB Immunology, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Bacteriol 184:3485-91. 2002..In M. tuberculosis culture filtrates, two additional proteins, Rv0363c (Fba) and Rv2780 (Ald), were found in increased amounts under oxygen limitation...
- The biomass objective functionAdam M Feist
GT Life Sciences, Inc, 10520 Wateridge Circle, San Diego, CA 92122, USA
Curr Opin Microbiol 13:344-9. 2010Flux balance analysis (FBA) is a mathematical approach for analyzing the flow of metabolites through a metabolic network...
- Effect of sun-dried raisins on bile acid excretion, intestinal transit time, and fecal weight: a dose-response studyGene A Spiller
Sphera Foundation, Los Altos, CA 94023, USA
J Med Food 6:87-91. 2003..doses of sun-dried raisins (SDR) on intestinal transit time (TT), fecal weight (FW), and fecal bile acids (FBA) was investigated in 16 healthy adults (6 men and 10 women)...
- Prediction of dynamic behavior of mutant strains from limited wild-type dataHyun Seob Song
School of Chemical Engineering, Purdue University, 480 Stadium Mall Drive, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2100, USA
Metab Eng 14:69-80. 2012..of mutant strain behavior in the past have been based on steady state theories such as flux balance analysis (FBA), minimization of metabolic adjustment (MOMA), and regulatory on/off minimization (ROOM)...
- Scaphoid excision and 4-bone arthrodesis versus proximal row carpectomy: a comparison of contact biomechanicsPeter Tang
Trauma Training Center, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Hand Surg Am 37:1861-7. 2012We compare scaphoid excision and 4-bone arthrodesis (FBA) with proximal row carpectomy (PRC) in terms of contact pressure, area, and location.
- [Bronchoscopic findings in children with prolonged respiratory symptoms]N Krifa
Hôpital Farhat Hached, Service d ORL et de Chirurgie Cervico faciale, Sousse, Tunisie
Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord) 130:111-5. 2009..of a foreign body (FB), in children with prolonged respiratory symptoms and no history of foreign body aspiration (FBA); to establish a study of these criteria and to compare the clinical, radiological and broncoscopic findings in ..
- Separate face and body selectivity on the fusiform gyrusRebecca F Schwarzlose
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Neurosci 25:11055-9. 2005..Our localizer scans identified a fusiform body area (FBA), a body-selective region reported recently by Peelen and Downing (2005) that is anatomically distinct from the ..
- Energy balance for analysis of complex metabolic networksDaniel A Beard
Department of Bioengineering, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98915, USA
Biophys J 83:79-86. 2002..Approaches, such as flux balance analysis (FBA), that account for the known stoichiometry of the reaction network while avoiding implementation of detailed ..
- [Contraception in adolescents--address on the occasion of the FBA 2002]S Anthuber
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe, Klinikum der Ludwig Maximilians Universität München Grosshadern, Munich
Zentralbl Gynakol 125:480-3. 2003....
- Metabolic modelling of polyhydroxyalkanoate copolymers production by mixed microbial culturesJoão M L Dias
REQUIMTE, Chemistry Department, FCT Universidade Nova de Lisboa, 2829 516 Caparica, Portugal
BMC Syst Biol 2:59. 2008..The oxidative phosphorylation efficiency was estimated from rate measurements, which in turn allowed the estimation of the theoretical yield coefficients...
- Synthetic glycopeptide vaccines combining beta-mannan and peptide epitopes induce protection against candidiasisHong Xin
Department of Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center and Research Institute for Children, Children s Hospital, New Orleans, LA 70118, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:13526-31. 2008..of expression during human candidiasis and cell wall association and included: fructose-bisphosphate aldolase (Fba); methyltetrahydropteroyltriglutamate (Met6); hyphal wall protein-1 (Hwp1); enolase (Enol); glyceraldehyde-3-..
- Differential producibility analysis (DPA) of transcriptomic data with metabolic networks: deconstructing the metabolic response of M. tuberculosisBhushan K Bonde
Microbial Sciences Division, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, United Kingdom
PLoS Comput Biol 7:e1002060. 2011..The method utilizes Flux Balance Analysis (FBA) to identify the set of genes that affect the ability to produce each metabolite in the network...
- Visual perception and neural correlates of novel 'biological motion'John A Pyles
Department of Cognitive Sciences, 3151 Social Sciences Plaza, University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697 5100, USA
Vision Res 47:2786-97. 2007..Non-human animations fail to engage the human STSp, and neural responses in pITG, ITS and FFA/FBA are reduced only for the point-light versions...
- Activation of the carcinogens N-hydroxy-N-2-fluorenylbenzamide and N-hydroxy-N-2-fluorenylacetamide via deacylations and acetyl transfers by rat peritoneal serosa and liverC L Ritter
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455
Carcinogenesis 15:163-70. 1994Intraperitoneally administered N-hydroxy-N-2-fluorenylbenzamide (N-OH-2-FBA) and N-hydroxy-N-2-fluorenylacetamide (N-OH-2-FAA) are carcinogenic for rat peritoneum...
- Coping with challenging behaviours of children with autism: effectiveness of brief training workshop for frontline staff in special education settingsC Y M Ling
Department of Psychology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
J Intellect Disabil Res 56:258-69. 2012..of three staff training elements: psychoeducation (PE) on autism, introduction of functional behavioural analysis (FBA) and emotional management (EM), on the reaction of challenging behaviours for frontline staff towards children with ..
- Detection of genes encoding internalization-associated proteins in Streptococcus pyogenes isolates from patients with invasive diseases and asymptomatic carriersLucilla Baldassarri
Dipartimento di Malattie Infettive, Parassitarie ed Immunomediate, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
J Clin Microbiol 45:1284-7. 2007..from patients with invasive infections or from asymptomatic carriers were examined for genes (prtF1, prtF2, and fba) coding for fibronectin-binding proteins to evaluate their involvement in the pathogenesis of different ..
- Increasing the on-task homework behavior of youth with behavior disorders using functional behavioral assessmentRenee O Hawkins
University of Cincinnati, OH, USA
Behav Modif 32:840-59. 2008..Functional behavioral assessment (FBA) procedures may be helpful for intervention planning; however, there has been limited research on use of FBA with ..
- [Ion-sensitive nanoemulsion-in situ gel system for ophthalmic delivery of flurbiprofen axetil]Jin qiu Shen
China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 45:120-5. 2010The aim of the study is to prepare flurbiprofen axetil nanoemulsion-in situ gel system (FBA/NE-ISG) and observe its ocular pharmacokinetics, rheological behavior, TEM images, irritation and cornea retention...
- Functional characterisation of the extrastriate body area based on the N1 ERP componentJohn C Taylor
Wales Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, Bangor University, United Kingdom
Brain Cogn 73:153-9. 2010..between two body-selective regions identified with fMRI (extrastriate body area or EBA; fusiform body area or FBA) in order to better understand the source of a body-selective N1 ERP component...
- Visual learning shapes the processing of complex movement stimuli in the human brainJan Jastorff
Section for Computational Sensomotorics, Department of Cognitive Neurology, Hertie Institute of Clinical Brain Research and Center for Integrative Neurosciences, University Clinic Tübingen, Tubingen, Germany
J Neurosci 29:14026-38. 2009..2) Enhanced of fMRI-selective adaptation already present before training in biological motion-related areas (pSTS, FBA). (3) Changes covarying with task difficulty in frontal areas...
- Targeting multiple targets in Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1 using flux balance analysis of a reconstructed genome-scale metabolic networkDeepak Perumal
Advanced Design and Modeling Lab, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
J Drug Target 19:1-13. 2011Constraint-based flux balance analysis (FBA) is a powerful tool for predicting target genes that can be engineered by analyzing the redistribution of metabolic fluxes on specific gene modifications...
- fMRI-adaptation studies of viewpoint tuning in the extrastriate and fusiform body areasJohn C Taylor
Wales Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, School of Psychology, Bangor University, Bangor, United Kingdom
J Neurophysiol 103:1467-77. 2010..shown to be sensitive to visual depictions of the human body--the extrastriate and fusiform body areas (EBA and FBA). The BOLD response to sequentially presented pairs of bodies was treated as an index of view invariance...
- Changes in protein expression profiles between a low phytic acid rice ( Oryza sativa L. Ssp. japonica) line and its parental line: a proteomic and bioinformatic approachKaveh Emami
School of Biology, Institute for Research on Environment and Sustainability, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne NE17RU, United Kingdom
J Agric Food Chem 58:6912-22. 2010..Bioinformatic analyses revealed that triose phosphate isomerase (TPI) and fructose bisphosphatealdolase (FBA), two major differentially expressed proteins, are involved in myo-inositol metabolism...
- Seeded ND medical image segmentation by cellular automaton on GPUClaude Kauffmann
Department of Medical Imaging, Notre Dame Hospital, CHUM, 1560 Sherbrooke East, Montreal, QC H2L 4M1, Canada
Int J Comput Assist Radiol Surg 5:251-62. 2010..in N-dimensional (ND) medical image datasets by computation of weighted distances using the Ford-Bellman algorithm (FBA)...
- Differential fluorescence quenching of fluorescent nucleic acid base analogues by native nucleic acid monophosphatesMadhavan Narayanan
Department of Chemistry, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122, USA
J Phys Chem B 114:5953-63. 2010..mechanism has been hypothesized to be photoinduced electron transfer following selective excitation of the FBA, but hard evidence for this has been lacking...
- Advanced stoichiometric analysis of metabolic networks of mammalian systemsMehmet A Orman
Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Crit Rev Biomed Eng 39:511-34. 2011..Metabolic flux analysis (MFA), flux balance analysis (FBA), and metabolic pathway analysis (MPA) are among the most popular tools in stoichiometric network analysis...
- Horizontal transmission of Candida albicans and evidence of a vaccine response in mice colonized with the fungusJim E Cutler
Department of Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e22030. 2011..albicans GI tract colonization and serum antibodies on mouse vaccination responses to the peptide, Fba, derived from fructose bisphosphate aldolase which has cytosolic and cell wall distributions in the fungus...
- Searching for the neural mechanisms of feature-based attention in the primate brainJulio Martinez-Trujillo
Cognitive Neurophysiology Laboratory, Department of Physiology, McGill University, Montreal, QC H3G1Y6, Canada
Neuron 70:1025-8. 2011..Desimone and another by Cohen and Maunsell, provide new insights into the mechanisms of feature-based attention (FBA)...
- Synthesis, biological activity and HPLC validation of 1,2,3,4-tetrahydroacridine derivatives as acetylcholinesterase inhibitorsPaweł Szymański
Medical University, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Drug Analyses, ul Muszyńskiego 1, 90 151 Lodz, Poland
Eur J Med Chem 46:3250-7. 2011The synthesis and biochemical evaluation of new hybrids of tacrine (THA) and 4-fluorobenzoic acid (4-FBA) possessing activity towards acetylcholinesterase (AChE) and butyrylcholinesterase (BuChE) inhibition are presented...
- Combined noninvasive imaging and modeling approaches reveal metabolic compartmentation in the barley endospermHardy Rolletschek
Leibniz Institut für Pflanzengenetik und Kulturpflanzenforschung, 06466 Gatersleben, Germany
Plant Cell 23:3041-54. 2011..Region-specific metabolism in the endosperm was characterized by flux balance analysis (FBA) and metabolite profiling...
- Evaluation of neglected idiopathic ctev managed by ligamentotaxis using jess: a long-term followupAjai Singh
Department of Orthopaedics, C S M Medical University, 2 59, Viram Khand, Gomti Nagar, 226010 Lucknow, India
Adv Orthop 2011:218489. 2011..The pre- and postcorrection difference in FBA was statistically significant. Conclusion...
- A tetrapyrrole-regulated ubiquitin ligase controls algal nuclear DNA replicationYuki Kobayashi
Graduate School of Horticulture, Chiba University, 648 Matsudo, Matsudo, Chiba 271 8510, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 13:483-7. 2011..Here we identify an F-box protein of SCF-type E3 ubiquitin ligase (Fbx3) in the red alga Cyanidioschyzon merolae, which inhibits CDKA by ubiquitylating the relevant cyclin and inducing ..
- Fluxviz - Cytoscape plug-in for visualization of flux distributions in networksMatthias König
Institute of Biochemistry, Medical Faculty of the Humboldt University, Charite, Monbijoustr 2, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Genome Inform 24:96-103. 2010Methods like FBA and kinetic modeling are widely used to calculate fluxes in metabolic networks...
- A flexible state-space approach for the modeling of metabolic networks I: development of mathematical methodsAdam C Baughman
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY 12180, USA
Metab Eng 13:125-37. 2011..mathematical advantages of our modeling representation in comparison with other commonly used techniques (MFA and FBA)...
- Yeast dynamic metabolic flux measurement in nutrient-rich media by HPLC and accelerator mass spectrometryBenjamin J Stewart
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Center for Accelerator Mass Spectrometry, 7000 East Avenue P O Box 808, L 397 Livermore, California 94551, USA
Anal Chem 82:9812-7. 2010..Flux balance analysis (FBA) is a constraint-based approach to modeling metabolic fluxes, but its utility is limited by a lack of experimental ..
- Clostridial genome-scale metabolic and regulatory model of differentiationRYAN SENGER; Fiscal Year: 2007..in silico metabolic and regulatory models has ensued using genome-scale networks and flux balance analysis (FBA)...
- ORAL SPIROCHETES - MOLECULAR GENETICS ANALYSISHOWARD KURAMITSU; Fiscal Year: 1993..Likewise, the gene coding for the fibronectin-binding adhesin (FBA) will be isolated in lambda gtll clone banks...
- Nonablative AlloSCT in Refractory Autoimmune DiseaseMitchell Cairo; Fiscal Year: 2003..specific aims include: 1) to determine the toxicity of RI conditioning with fludarabine, busulfan and alemtuzumab (FBA) followed by AIIoSCT; 2) to quantitate percent mixed and complete donor chimerism following FBA and AIIoSCT + DLI; ..
- THE FnA D REGION OF TENASCIN C AND NEURONAL GROWTHSally Meiners; Fiscal Year: 2005..Neurites demonstrate a strong preference for fbA-D when they are given a choice at an interface...
- Novel Data Capture and Assessment Technology for Behavior DisordersRONALD OBERLEITNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..evaluate a tool designed to support the collection of rich data for performing a Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) in schools focusing specifically on children with autism...
- Integrated Modeling of Cardiac Metabolism and TransportDANIEL BEARD; Fiscal Year: 2007..Further applications of the proposed integrated model include profiling physiological responses to several challenges, such as (1) exercise; (2) ischemia; and (3) myoglobin and adenylate kinase gene deletions. ..
- CANDIDA ALBICANS SURFACE ANTIGENSJim Cutler; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Analysis of Large-Scale Biochemical SystemsDANIEL BEARD; Fiscal Year: 2007..thermodynamic-based constraints on biochemical fluxes and concentration to augment the flux-balance analysis (FBA) approach...
- MSM Multiscale Modeling of the Heart in CardiovascularDANIEL BEARD; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- The CB1 Cannabinoid Receptor Activation By Protein Molecular Dynamics SimulationsJoong Youn Shim; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Integrated Modeling of Cardiac Metabolism and TransportDaniel A Beard; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, our proposed tools for simulation of the pathophysiological operation of metabolic control mechanisms in heart disease may be used to guide clinical interventions aimed at modulation of cardiac energy metabolism. ..
- Mechanisms of Metabolic Dysfunction in Heart DiseaseDaniel A Beard; Fiscal Year: 2010..These data will be used in Aim 2 for model development, parameterization, and validation. Development and application of tissue-level modeling and simulation tools are pursued in Aim 3. ..
- Integrated Modeling of Cardiac Metabolism and TransportDANIEL BEARD; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, our proposed tools for simulation of the pathophysiological operation of metabolic control mechanisms in heart disease may be used to guide clinical interventions aimed at modulation of cardiac energy metabolism. ..
- Mechanisms of Metabolic Dysfunction in Heart DiseaseDANIEL BEARD; Fiscal Year: 2009..These data will be used in Aim 2 for model development, parameterization, and validation. Development and application of tissue-level modeling and simulation tools are pursued in Aim 3. ..
- CANDIDA ALBICANS SURFACE ANTIGENSJim Cutler; Fiscal Year: 1993..Finally, we developed the techniques and tools to focus on this important host/C. albicans interaction and should be able to fulfill our intended goals...
- CANDIDA ALBICANS SURFACE ANTIGENSJim Cutler; Fiscal Year: 1991..Virulence of these mutants will be tested in mouse models of candidiasis to ascertain which antigens may be related to the ability to cause disease. Such antigens will be isolated from wild type strains and chemically characterized...
- CANDIDA ALBICANS SURFACE ANTIGENSJim Cutler; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies should yield important insights into C. Albicans-host interactions. The results may become applied to prevention and, possibly, therapy of disseminated candidiasis. ..