Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FBLIM1
Description: filamin binding LIM protein 1
Alias: CAL, FBLP-1, FBLP1, CSX-associated LIM, MIG2-interacting protein, filamin-binding LIM protein 1, filamin-binding LIM protein-1, migfilin, mitogen-inducible 2 interacting protein, mitogen-inducible 2-interacting protein
Publications129 found, 100 shown here
- Photodynamic therapy as adjunct to non-surgical periodontal treatment in patients on periodontal maintenance: a randomized controlled clinical trialPanos Chondros
Department of Periodontology, Radboud University Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Lasers Med Sci 24:681-8. 2009..BOP) at experimental sites, probing pocket depth (PPD), gingival recession (REC), and clinical attachment level (CAL). Primary outcome variables were changes in PPD and CAL...
- Augmented contributions of voltage-gated Ca2+ channels to contractile responses in spontaneously hypertensive rat mesenteric arteriesK Matsuda
Bockus Research Institute, Graduate Hospital, Philadelphia, PA 19146, USA
Am J Hypertens 10:1231-9. 1997..compared to normotensive subjects suggests that there is a greater contribution from voltage-gated Ca2+ channels (CaL) to vascular force maintenance in hypertensive arteries...
- Does "mainstreaming" guarantee access to care for medicaid recipients with asthma?Y A Bair
Graduate Group in Epidemiology and the Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, University of California, Davis, USA
J Gen Intern Med 16:475-81. 2001..Recent reforms in the federal Medicaid program have attempted to integrate beneficiaries into the mainstream by providing them with managed care options. However, the effects of mainstreaming have not been systematically evaluated...
- Influence of fast, body weight and diet on serum cholesterol, triglycerides, and phospholipids concentrations in the aging ratJ Boudet
INSERM U 90, , Paris, France
Horm Metab Res 20:734-7. 1988..intake and daily body weight gain of old rats (40-50 weeks of age) were not significantly different with both diets tested (2900 and 3250 cal/kg). In conclusion old Wistar rats develop increased concentrations of serum lipids parameters.
- Prospective randomized trial to assess caloric and protein needs of critically Ill, anuric, ventilated patients requiring continuous renal replacement therapyC D Scheinkestel
Department of Intensive Care, Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Australia, Australia
Nutrition 19:909-16. 2003..We also determined whether these feeding regimes affected patient outcome...
- Electrophysiological actions of phenytoin on N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor-mediated responses in rat hippocampus in vitroA J Laffling
Department of Pharmacology, Syntex Research Centre, Edinburgh
Br J Pharmacol 115:67-72. 1995..3 x 10-6 M to 1 x 10-4M) attenuated the effects of the sodium channel activator,veratridine (2 x 10-6 M), on the CAl population spike amplitude (recorded in normal Krebs solution),indicating that the previously observed lack of ..
- Interaction of [D-Trp6, Des-Gly10] LHRH ethylamide and hydroxy propyl beta-cyclodextrin (HPbetaCD): thermodynamics of interaction and protection from degradation by alpha-chymotrypsinK N Koushik
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 986025 University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198-6025, USA
Pharm Dev Technol 6:595-606. 2001..an exothermic reaction between deslorelin and HPbetaCD with a low enthalpy of binding of approximately -600 cal/mol and a binding affinity of approximately -1.25 x 10(2) M-1...
- Pharmacology of postsynaptic metabotropic glutamate receptors in rat hippocampal CA1 pyramidal neuronesC H Davies
Department of Pharmacology, Medical School, University of Birmingham
Br J Pharmacol 116:1859-69. 1995..6 From these data it is concluded that the mGluRs in CAl pyramidal neurones responsible for these excitatory effects are similar to the mGluRs expressed by non-neuronal ..
- Utilisation of locally delivered doxycycline in non-surgical treatment of chronic periodontitis. A comparative multi-centre trial of 2 treatment approachesJ L Wennstrom
Department of Periodontology, Institute of Odontology, Goteborg University, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
J Clin Periodontol 28:753-61. 2001..In the present 6-month multicentre trial, the outcome of 2 different approaches to non-surgical treatment of chronic periodontitis, both involving the use of a locally delivered controlled-release doxycycline, was evaluated...
- [Studies on Chlamydia pneumoniae, strain TWAR infection. 2. Seroepidemiology of TWAR on healthy controls and patients with acute respiratory infections]T Kishimoto
Department of Medicine, Kawasaki Medical School
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 64:986-93. 1990..MFA) using in situ inclusions of Chlamydia pneumoniae (TW-183), Chlamydia trachomatis (L2) and Chlamydia psittaci (Cal 10) as antigens respectively...
- Global effects of the energetics of coenzyme binding: NADPH controls the protein interaction properties of human cytochrome P450 reductaseAlex Grunau
Department of Biochemistry, University of Leicester, UK
Biochemistry 45:1421-34. 2006..Similar heat capacity change (DeltaC(p)) values for 2',5'-ADP (-210 cal mol(-)(1) K(-)(1)), NADP(+) (-230 cal mol(-)(1) K(-)(1)), and H(4)NADP (-220 cal mol(-)(1) K(-)(1)) indicate no ..
- [Studies on Chlamydia pneumoniae, strain TWAR, infection. I. Experimental infection of C. pneumoniae in mice and serum antibodies against TWAR by MFA.]T Kishimoto
Department of Medicine, Kawasaki Medical School
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 64:124-31. 1990..pneumoniae TW-183, C. psittaci Cal 10 and C. trachomatis L2 strains were assayed by MFA using in situ inclusions of each strain and compared...
- Supragingival plaque may modify the effects of subgingival bacteria on attachment lossMine Tezal
Department of Oral Biology, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
J Periodontol 77:808-13. 2006..This study evaluates the role of supragingival plaque level on the relationship between subgingival microorganisms and the risk of attachment loss...
- Acute effects of prolactin on passive calcium absorption in the small intestine by in vivo perfusion techniqueN Krishnamra
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 76:161-8. 1998..81 +/- 1.84 to 30.56 +/- 1.57 mmol/g dry weight (p < 0.05) by stimulating the lumen to plasma calcium flux (CaL-P). The jejunum responded to 0.2, 0.4, and 0...
- Evaluation of the first year of a pilot program in community pharmacy: HIV/AIDS medication therapy management for Medi-Cal beneficiariesJan D Hirsch
University of California, San Diego, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 9500 Gilman Drive, Mail Code 0714, La Jolla, CA 92093 0714, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 15:32-41. 2009..In January 2005, a pilot program to evaluate MTM services for patients with HIV/AIDS began in California, allowing 10 HIV/AIDS specialty pharmacies to receive compensation for the MTM services that they provided to HIV/AIDS patients...
- Local anti-infective therapy: pharmacological agents. A systematic reviewPhilip J Hanes
Department of Periodontics, Medical College of Georgia, School of Dentistry, Augusta, GA 30912 1220, USA
Ann Periodontol 8:79-98. 2003..Over the past 20 years, locally delivered, anti-infective pharmacological agents, most recently employing sustained-release vehicles, have been introduced to achieve this goal...
- Clinical, microbiologic, and biochemical effects of subgingival administration of a Xanthan-based chlorhexidine gel in the treatment of periodontitis: a randomized multicenter trialMichele Paolantonio
Department of Periodontology, School of Dentistry, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
J Periodontol 80:1479-92. 2009..The present multicenter randomized study investigated the effects of a xanthan-based chlorhexidine (Xan-CHX) gel used as an adjunct to scaling and root planing (SRP) in the treatment of chronic periodontitis...
- Cost and utilization impacts of oral antihistamines in the California Medi-Cal programJoel W Hay
Department of Pharmaceutical Economics and Policy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Value Health 8:506-16. 2005..There are no empirical studies comparing the costs of treatment of SGAs relative to FGAs...
- Bioabsorbable membrane and bioactive glass in the treatment of intrabony defects in patients with generalized aggressive periodontitis: results of a 5-year clinical and radiological studyReiner Mengel
Department of Periodontology, Philipps University Marburg, Marburg, Germany
J Periodontol 77:1781-7. 2006....
- Noninvasive markers in the assessment of intestinal inflammation in inflammatory bowel diseases: performance of fecal lactoferrin, calprotectin, and PMN-elastase, CRP, and clinical indicesJost Langhorst
Department of Internal and Integrative Medicine, Kliniken Essen Mitte, University of Duisburg Essen, Germany
Am J Gastroenterol 103:162-9. 2008The aim of this study was to compare the performance of fecal lactoferrin (Lf), calprotectin (Cal), polymorphonuclear neutrophil elastase (PMN-e), as well as serum C-reactive protein (CRP) in patients with inflammatory bowel diseases (..
- In most poorly controlled glyburide-treated type 2 diabetic patients drug withdrawal causes further increase in glycemia not accompanied by changes in insulin secretionA Lev-Ran
Zamenhof Clinic, General Sick Fund, Tel-Aviv, Israel
Horm Metab Res 30:108-10. 1998..6%). Serum glucose, insulin and C-peptide were assayed before and 1 h and 2 h after a simulated meal load (355 Cal), after which the drug was replaced with placebo for 4 weeks, and the test repeated...
- Interleukin-1 gene polymorphisms and long-term stability following guided tissue regeneration therapyM De Sanctis
Department of Periodontology, Bologna University, Italy
J Periodontol 71:606-13. 2000..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the impact of genotype on the maintenance of gained clinical attachment obtained after guided tissue regeneration (GTR) surgical therapy in deep intrabony defects...
- Theophylline for irreversible chronic airflow limitation: a randomized study comparing n of 1 trials to standard practiceJ L Mahon
Department of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, Canada
Chest 115:38-48. 1999..aim), and drug usage (secondary aim), between groups of patients with irreversible chronic airflow limitation (CAL) who were undergoing theophylline Theo-Dur; Key Pharmaceuticals; Kenilworth, NJ) therapy guided by n of 1 trials or ..
- Treatment of intrabony defects with enamel matrix proteins and guided tissue regeneration. A prospective controlled clinical studyA Sculean
Department of Periodontology and Conservative Dentistry, University of Saarland, Homburg, Germany
J Clin Periodontol 28:397-403. 2001..However, it is yet unknown whether the combination of EMD and GTR may additionally favor the regeneration process...
- Surgical treatment of periodontal intrabony defects with calcium sulfate implant and barrier versus collagen barrier or open flap debridement alone: a 12-month randomized controlled clinical trialMichele Paolantonio
Department of Periodontology, University G D Annunzio School of Dentistry, Chieti, Italy
J Periodontol 79:1886-93. 2008....
- The calcium/calmodulin/kinase system and arrhythmogenic afterdepolarizations in bradycardia-related acquired long-QT syndromeXiaoyan Qi
Department of Medicine and Research Center, Montreal Heart Institute and Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol 2:295-304. 2009..We addressed the importance of altered Ca(2+) handling, studying underlying mechanisms and consequences...
- Effect of platelet-rich plasma on the healing of intrabony defects treated with Beta tricalcium phosphate and expanded polytetrafluoroethylene membranesFerenc Dori
Department of Periodontology, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
J Periodontol 79:660-9. 2008....
- Factors associated with periodontal diseases in a dental teaching clinic population in northern JordanYousef S Khader
Department of Community Medicine, Public Health and Family Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan
J Periodontol 74:1610-7. 2003..a dental teaching center serving a local population in northern Jordan was performed to identify the factors associated with probing depth (PD), clinical attachment level (CAL), gingival recession (GR), and number of missing teeth (MT).
- The Alternaria alternata melanin biosynthesis gene restores appressorial melanization and penetration of cellulose membranes in the melanin-deficient albino mutant of Colletotrichum lagenariumY Takano
Laboratory of Plant Pathology, Faculty of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Japan
Fungal Genet Biol 21:131-40. 1997..The ALM gene transformed the albino mutant (Pks1-) to melanin-producing phenotypes, designated CAL transformants...
- Cathepsins B and L increased during response of periodontal ligament cells to mechanical stress in vitroMasaru Yamaguchi
Department of Orthodontics, Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, Sakaecho Nishi, Chiba, Japan
Connect Tissue Res 45:181-9. 2004..A recent immunocytochemical study demonstrated that cathepsins B (CAB) and L (CAL) were localized in the periodontal ligament (PDL) of the rat molar, and they were expressed in compressed sites ..
- Heightened gingival inflammation and attachment loss in type 2 diabetics with hyperlipidemiaC W Cutler
Department of Periodontics, Baylor College of Dentistry TAMUHSC, Dallas, TX 75266 0677, USA
J Periodontol 70:1313-21. 1999..The objective of the present study was to determine if diabetes has a similar dysregulatory effect on the gingival response to AP in humans...
- Comparison of clinical outcomes following treatment of chronic adult periodontitis with subgingival scaling or subgingival scaling plus metronidazole gelG S Griffiths
Department of Periodontology, Eastman Dental Institute and Hospital for Oral Health Care Sciences, University College London, UK
J Clin Periodontol 27:910-7. 2000..This 2-centre study compared the clinical effects of subgingival scaling (SRP) with SRP plus subgingival application of 25% metronidazole gel, Elyzol (SRP+gel), in patients with chronic adult periodontitis...
- Evidence for dimer participation and evidence against channel mechanism in A23187-mediated monovalent metal ion transport across phospholipid vesicular membraneB S Prabhananda
Department of Chemical Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai 400 005, India
Biophys J 75:1749-58. 1998The decay of the pH difference (DeltapH) across soybean phospholipid vesicular membrane by ionophore A23187 (CAL)-mediated H+/M+ exchange (M+ = Li+, Na+, K+, and Cs+) has been studied in the pH range 6-7.6...
- Five-year results following treatment of intrabony defects with enamel matrix proteins and guided tissue regenerationAnton Sculean
Department of Conservative Dentistry and Periodontology, Section of Periodontology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Clin Periodontol 31:545-9. 2004..Aim: The aim of the present clinical study was to present the 5-year results following treatment of intrabony defects with EMD, GTR, combination of EMD and GTR, and open flap debridement (OFD)...
- Biomechanical evaluation of an augmented coracoacromial ligament transfer for acromioclavicular joint instabilityMathias Wellmann
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Arthroscopy 24:1395-401. 2008The purpose of this study was to establish and biomechanically evaluate an augmented coracoacromial ligament (CAL) transfer technique that eliminates the biomechanical drawbacks of the conventional Weaver-Dunn procedure and restores the ..
- Vitamin D receptor alleles, periodontal disease progression, and tooth loss in the VA dental longitudinal studyKoji Inagaki
Department of Health Policy and Health Services Research, Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
J Periodontol 74:161-7. 2003..The relationship between the vitamin D receptor (VDR) genotype and periodontal disease is not known. This study compared periodontal disease progression among polymorphisms of 2 VDR genes in men in the VA Dental Longitudinal Study...
- Developmental absence of the O2 sensitivity of L-type calcium channels in preterm ductus arteriosus smooth muscle cells impairs O2 constriction contributing to patent ductus arteriosusBernard Thebaud
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, T6G 2J3, AB, Canada
Pediatr Res 63:176-81. 2008..This paradigm suggests that activation of the voltage-sensitive L-type calcium channels (CaL), which increases cytosolic calcium ([Ca2+]i), is a passive consequence of membrane depolarization...
- The effect of subgingival controlled-release delivery of chlorhexidine chip on clinical parameters and matrix metalloproteinase-8 levels in gingival crevicular fluidNezih Azmak
Department of Periodontology, Faculty of Dentistry, Ege University, Izmir, Turkey
J Periodontol 73:608-15. 2002....
- Diminished treatment response of periodontally diseased patients infected with the JP2 clone of Aggregatibacter (Actinobacillus) actinomycetemcomitansSheila Cavalca Cortelli
Department of Periodontology, Dental Research Division, University of Taubate, Taubate, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Clin Microbiol 47:2018-25. 2009..Probing depth (PD), clinical attachment level (CAL), and gingival and plaque indices (GI and PI, respectively) were monitored at baseline and at 12 months, along with ..
- Comparative evaluation of subgingivally delivered 10% doxycycline hyclate and xanthan-based chlorhexidine gels in the treatment of chronic periodontitisRajan Gupta
Department of Periodontics, D A V C Dental College in Yamunanagar, Haryana, India
J Contemp Dent Pract 9:25-32. 2008....
- Local versus systemic adjunctive antibiotic therapy in 28 patients with generalized aggressive periodontitisP Purucker
Department of Periodontology and Synoptic Dentistry, University Hospital Charite, Humboldt University at Berlin, Germany
J Periodontol 72:1241-5. 2001..The purpose of the present study was to compare the clinical response of local versus systemic antibiotic treatment as adjuncts to scaling and root planing in patients with GAgP...
- Periodontal treatment with an Er: YAG laser compared to scaling and root planing. A controlled clinical studyF Schwarz
Department of Periodontology and Conservative Dentistry, University of the Saarland, Homburg, Germany
J Periodontol 72:361-7. 2001..The aim of the present study was to compare the effectiveness of an Er:YAG laser to that of scaling and root planing for non-surgical periodontal treatment...
- Cytokine profile in gingival crevicular fluid of aggressive periodontitis: influence of smoking and stressJoanna J Kamma
J Clin Periodontol 31:894-902. 2004..Cytokine production may also be influenced by smoking and stress leading to an imbalance that disturbs the host-parasite relationship...
- Effect of platelet-rich plasma on the healing of intrabony defects treated with an anorganic bovine bone mineral and expanded polytetrafluoroethylene membranesFerenc Dori
Department of Periodontology, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
J Periodontol 78:983-90. 2007..This study aimed to clinically evaluate the effect of PRP on the healing of deep intrabony defects treated with ABBM and GTR by means of a non-resorbable expanded polytetrafluoroethylene (ePTFE) membrane...
- [Reactivity of Chlamydia pneumoniae strains in the IDEIA CHLAMYDIA test kit designed for detection of Chlamydia trachomatis]N Miyashita
Department of Microbiology, Kawasaki Medical School
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 67:549-55. 1993..8 x 10(4); and YK-41, 4.0 x 10(4) per assay. The number of EBs of C. trachomatis L2/434/Bu and C. psittaci Cal 10 were 1.0 x 10(3) and 2.7 x 10(4) per assay, respectively. The results demonstrated that the EBs of C...
- Differential interactions of Na+ channel toxins with T-type Ca2+ channelsHui Sun
Excigen, Inc, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Gen Physiol 132:101-13. 2008Two types of voltage-dependent Ca(2+) channels have been identified in heart: high (I(CaL)) and low (I(CaT)) voltage-activated Ca(2+) channels...
- Canadian physical therapists' interest in web-based and computer-assisted continuing educationSunita Mathur
School of Rehabilitation Sciences, University of British Columbia, T325 2211 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6T 2B5
Phys Ther 85:226-37. 2005Distance education via computer-assisted learning (CAL), including Web-based and CD-ROM learning, confers a number of advantages compared with traditional learning methods...
- Prediction of drug-drug interactions for AUCoral of high clearance drug from in vitro data: utilization of a microtiter plate assay and a dispersion modelTakahito Yamamoto
Drug Metabolism Laboratory, Medicinal Development Research Laboratories, Taisho Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, 403, Yoshino Cho 1 Chome, Kita ku, Saitama shi, Saitama 331 9530, Japan
Curr Drug Metab 7:135-46. 2006..When the K(i) values (K(i-cal)) obtained from the microtiter plate (MTP) assay and the reported K(i) values (K(i-rep)) for these drugs were used ..
- Isolation of cell wall mutants in Aspergillus nidulans by screening for hypersensitivity to Calcofluor WhiteTerry W Hill
Department of Biology, Rhodes College, Memphis, TN 38112, USA
Mycologia 98:399-409. 2006..All cal mutants are impaired for sporulation at 30 C or 42 C or both, and in eight of the 10 mutations this sporulation ..
- Intermolecular C-H bond activation reactions promoted by transient titanium alkylidynes. Synthesis, reactivity, kinetic, and theoretical studies of the Ti[triple bond]C linkageBrad C Bailey
Molecular Structure Center and School of Informatics, Department of Chemistry, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana 47405, USA
J Am Chem Soc 129:8781-93. 2007..9(5) at 40 degrees C) with activation parameters DeltaH = 24(7) kcal/mol and DeltaS = -2(3) cal/mol.K, and the post-rate-determining step to be C-H bond activation of benzene (primary KIE = 1...
- Impaired healing response of periodontal furcation defects following flap debridement surgery in smokers. A controlled clinical trialLeonardo Trombelli
Research Center for Study of Periodontal Diseases, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
J Clin Periodontol 30:81-7. 2003..The purpose of the present parallel-design, controlled clinical trial was to evaluate the treatment outcome of periodontal furcation defects following flap debridement surgery (FDS) procedure in cigarette smokers compared to non-smokers...
- Proteomic but not enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay technology detects amniotic fluid monomeric calgranulins from their complexed calprotectin formIrina A Buhimschi
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Science, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street LCI 804, P O Box 208063, New Haven, CT 06520 8063, USA
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 12:837-44. 2005Four proteomic biomarkers (human neutrophil peptide 1 [HNP1], HNP2 [defensins], calgranulin C [Cal-C], and Cal-A) characterize the fingerprint of intra-amniotic inflammation (IAI)...
- Viscero-visceral hyperalgesia: characterization in different clinical modelsMaria Adele Giamberardino
Department of Medicine and Science of Aging, G D Annunzio University of Chieti, Italy
Pain 151:307-22. 2010..b) irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)+dysmenorrhea (Dys) (T10-L1); (c) dysmenorrhea/endometriosis+urinary calculosis (Cal)(T10-L1); and (d) gallstone+left urinary calculosis (Gs+LCal) (unknown common projection) were compared with ..
- Secondary prevention of low-back pain. A clinical trialM Donchin
Department of Social Medicine, Hebrew University Hadassah School of Public Health and Community Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 15:1317-20. 1990..Participants were randomly assigned to one of three groups: a calisthenics program (CAL) for 3 months with biweekly sessions of flexion exercises, a back school program (5 sessions), and a control group...
- Correlation of interdental and interradicular bone loss in patients with chronic periodontitis: a clinical and radiographic studyS R Desai
Department of Periodontics, H K E Society s S Nijalingappa Institute of Dental Sciences and Research, Gulbarga, Karnataka, India
Niger J Clin Pract 15:125-31. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate the correlation between interdental and interradicular bone loss and clinical parameters in patients with chronic periodontitis...
- Computational design of a PDZ domain peptide inhibitor that rescues CFTR activityKyle E Roberts
Department of Computer Science, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS Comput Biol 8:e1002477. 2012..but ΔF508-CFTR can still be rapidly degraded via a lysosomal pathway involving the CFTR-associated ligand (CAL), which binds CFTR via a PDZ interaction domain...
- Defective calcium inactivation causes long QT in obese insulin-resistant ratYen Chang Lin
Center for Cardiovascular and Respiratory Sciences, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Robert C Byrd Health Sciences Center, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26056, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 302:H1013-22. 2012..Furthermore, the L-type calcium current (I(CaL)) in OZR exhibited defective inactivation and lost the complete inactivation back to the closed state, leading to ..
- [Biomechanical study on proximally based conjoined tendon transfer for coracoacromial ligament reconstruction as anterosuperior restraint of shoulder]Xiaochuan Hu
Department of Orthopaedics, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu Sichuan, 610041, P R China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 23:1469-73. 2009..arch disruption in cadaveric specimens, use proximally based conjoined tendon transfer for coracoacromial ligament (CAL) reconstruction to restrain against superior humeral subluxation, and investigate its feasibility and biomechanics ..
- German dental faculty attitudes towards computer-assisted learning and their correlation with personal and professional profilesA Welk
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Periodontology, and Paediatric Dentistry, University of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
Eur J Dent Educ 9:123-30. 2005..Compared with its potential, computer technology use is still lacking in medical/dental education...
- The roles of three Serratia marcescens chitinases in chitin conversion are reflected in different thermodynamic signatures of allosamidin bindingJamil Baban
Department of Chemistry, Biotechnology and Food Science, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, P O Box 5003, N 1432 As, Norway
J Phys Chem B 114:6144-9. 2010..3 kcal/mol for ChiC). For ChiC, the entropic term is dominated by changes in solvation entropy (DeltaS(conf) = 1 cal/K.mol and DeltaS(solv) = 31 cal/K...
- Modified-release subantimicrobial dose doxycycline enhances scaling and root planing in subjects with periodontal diseasePhilip M Preshaw
Department of Periodontology, School of Dental Sciences, Newcastle University, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, U K
J Periodontol 79:440-52. 2008..The aim of this study was to investigate the efficacy of SDD-40 when used as an adjunct to SRP for the treatment of periodontitis...
- A systematic review of computer-assisted learning in endodontics educationThikriat S Al-Jewair
Department of Orthodontics, School of Dental Medicine, University at Buffalo, 140 Squire Hall, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
J Dent Educ 74:601-11. 2010Results of the efficacy and time efficiency of computer-assisted learning (CAL) in endodontics education are mixed in the literature...
- 120 infrabony defects treated with regenerative therapy: long-term resultsMaurizio Silvestri
Unit of Periodontology, Department of Surgical, Reconstructive, and Diagnostic Sciences, University of Milan, Foundation IRCCS Cà Granda, Milan, Italy
J Periodontol 82:668-75. 2011..The aim of this study is to evaluate the long-term benefits of regenerative therapy and which factors (i.e., smoking, oral hygiene, radiographic angle, tooth, clinical center, and biomaterial) influence results...
- Cardiac overexpression of angiotensin converting enzyme 2 protects the heart from ischemia-induced pathophysiologyShant Der Sarkissian
Department of Physiology and Functional Genomics, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Hypertension 51:712-8. 2008..5x10(8) lentivirus containing ACE2 cDNA, followed by permanent coronary artery ligation (CAL) of the left anterior descending artery...
- Topical hydrocortisone, clobetasol propionate, and calcipotriol do not increase photocarcinogenesis induced by simulated solar irradiation in hairless miceCatharina M Lerche
Department of Dermatology, Copenhagen University Hospital, Bispebjerg, Copenhagen, Denmark
Exp Dermatol 19:973-9. 2010..HCB) and clobetasol-17-propionate (CP) and vitamin D(3) derivatives such as calcipotriol (CAL) are widely used to treat psoriasis...
- Functional expression and inactivation of L-type Ca2+ currents during murine heart development - implications for cardiac Ca2+ homeostasisFilomain Nguemo
Institute of Neurophysiology, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Cell Physiol Biochem 20:809-24. 2007..has been shown to be different from those in adult heart cells, particularly the L-type Ca2+ channel current (I(CaL)) increases during development...
- [The screening of interaction factors with BoCAL and BoAP1 related to curd formation]Ying Hui An
School of Life Sciences, East China Normal University, Shanghai 200062
Fen Zi Xi Bao Sheng Wu Xue Bao 40:130-6. 2007b>CAL (CAULIFLOWER) gene and AP1 (APETALA1) gene, which both belong to MADS-box transcription factors, are involved in the development of flower apical meristem...
- Levofloxacin-based and clarithromycin-based triple therapies as first-line and second-line treatments for Helicobacter pylori infection: a randomised comparative trial with crossover designJyh Ming Liou
Department of Internal Medicine and Primary Care Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, National Taiwan University, College of Medicine, No 7 Chung Shan S Road, Taipei, Taiwan
Gut 59:572-8. 2010..The aim of this study was to assess the eradication rates of these two regimens using different administration sequences...
- Renal function and periodontal disease in elderly JapaneseAkihiro Yoshihara
Division of Preventive Dentistry, Department of Oral Health Science, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata University, Niigata, Japan
J Periodontol 78:1241-8. 2007..This study investigated whether a link exists between periodontal disease and chronic renal function in community-dwelling elderly subjects...
- Treatment of intrabony defects using guided tissue regeneration or enamel matrix derivative: a 3-year prospective randomized clinical studyAlessandro Crea
Division of Periodontology, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
J Periodontol 79:2281-9. 2008..The aim of this randomized, controlled, prospective clinical study was to compare guided tissue regeneration (GTR) to enamel matrix derivative (EMD) for the treatment of intrabony defects in patients with chronic advanced periodontitis...
- Missed opportunities for osteoporosis treatment in patients hospitalized for hip fractureLee A Jennings
San Francisco VA Medical Center, and Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:650-7. 2010..The objective of this study was to examine rates of in-hospital treatment with a combination of calcium and vitamin D (Cal+D) and antiresorptive or bone-forming medications in patients hospitalized for hip fractures
- Interdigitated microelectrode-based microchip for electrical impedance spectroscopic study of oral cancer cellsJaouad Mamouni
Biomanufacturing Research Institute and Technology Enterprises BRITE and Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, North Carolina Central University, Durham, NC 27707, USA
Biomed Microdevices 13:1075-88. 2011..impedance spectroscopy and cyclic voltammetry were used to study the cellular activities of oral cancer cell line CAL 27, including the kinetics of cell adhesion, spreading, and cell proliferation on interdigitated microelectrodes (..
- Calyculin A modulates the kinetic constants for the Na+-coupled taurine transport in Ehrlich ascites tumour cellsJ Mollerup
The August Krogh Institute, Biochemical Department, University of Copenhagen, 13 Universitetsparken, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Biochim Biophys Acta 1371:335-44. 1998The effect of the phosphatase inhibitor calyculin A (cal A) on the kinetic parameters of the Na+-coupled taurine uptake via the taurine transporter in the Ehrlich ascites tumour cells has been investigated...
- PA residues in the 2009 H1N1 pandemic influenza virus enhance avian influenza virus polymerase activity in mammalian cellsKendra A Bussey
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 Elmwood Ave, Box 672, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Virol 85:7020-8. 2011..We have previously shown that the polymerase complex of the pH1N1 strain A/California/04/2009 (Cal) is highly active in mammalian 293T cells, despite the avian origin of both its PA and PB2...
- Modulation of L-type Ca(2+) channel current density and inactivation by beta-adrenergic stimulation during murine cardiac embryogenesisFilomain Nguemo
Institute of Neurophysiology, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Basic Res Cardiol 104:295-306. 2009L-type Ca(2+) current (I (CaL)) is a key regulatory and functional element during early embryonic cardiomyogenesis. As the embryonic heart underlies hormonal modulation, e.g...
- Interaction of gonadal steroids and the glucocorticoid corticosterone in the regulation of the L-type Ca(2+) current in rat left ventricular cardiomyocytesM Wagner
Institut fur Zellulare und Molekulare Physiologie, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Germany
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 202:629-40. 2011Gonadal steroids as well as glucocorticoids have been shown to regulate the cardiac L-type Ca(2+) current (I(CaL) )...
- Abnormal matrix remodeling in adolescents and young adults with Kawasaki disease late after onsetMing Tai Lin
Department of Pediatrics, National Taiwan University Hospital and College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Clin Chem 54:1815-22. 2008..Patients with a history of Kawasaki disease (KD), have been found to have pericoronary and myocardial fibrosis. Serum biomarkers of fibrosis may be sensitive indices for detection of these late cardiac complications in KD patients...
- Impact of periodontitis definition in epidemiological research. Results from the EPIPAP study in postpartum womenPatrick Kassab
INSERM UMRS, Research Unit on Perinatal Health and Women s and Children s Health, Villejuif, France
Eur J Oral Sci 119:156-62. 2011..were applicable if at least two teeth were found to have the following: (i) a proximal clinical attachment level (CAL) of ≥ 3 mm; (ii) a probing depth (PD) of ≥ 4 mm; (iii) a PD of ≥ 4 mm and a CAL of ≥ 3 mm at the same site; ..
- Decrease of tight junction integrity in the ipsilateral thalamus during the acute stage after focal infarction and ablation of the cerebral cortex in ratsJing Jing Li
Department of Neurology and Stroke Center, First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 38:776-82. 2011..thalamus during the acute stage after middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) and cortical aspiration lesion (CAL) in rats. 2...
- The effect of prescription omega-3 fatty acids on body weight after 8 to 16 weeks of treatment for very high triglyceride levelsHarold E Bays
Louisville Metabolic and Atherosclerosis Research Center, Louisville, KY 40213, USA
Postgrad Med 121:145-50. 2009..The caloric content associated with each 1-g capsule of P-OM3 is approximately 11 Cal (Cal = kilocalories) - approximately 9 Cal from the oil in the capsule that contains omega-3 fat and approximately ..
- CAL-101: a phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase p110-delta inhibitor for the treatment of lymphoid malignanciesJorge J Castillo
The Miriam Hospital, Division of Hematology and Oncology, 164 Summit Ave, Providence, RI 02906, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 21:15-22. 2012..The PI3K pathway seems to play a seminal role in the development of lymphoid malignancies. CAL-101 is a highly selective PI3K p110δ inhibitor currently undergoing clinical development...
- Hepatoprotective effect of Cirsium arisanense Kitamura in tacrine-treated hepatoma Hep 3B cells and C57BL miceKuo Lung Ku
Department of Applied Chemistry, National Chiayi University, Chiayi, Taiwan
Am J Chin Med 36:355-68. 2008..arisanense roots (CaR) and leaves/stem (CaL), and then assessed their hepatoprotective activities in both human hepatocellular carcinoma Hep 3B cells and C57BL/..
- Treatment of periodontal disease by photodisinfection compared to scaling and root planingRoger Andersen
Ondine Research Laboratories, Inc, Redmond, WA, USA
J Clin Dent 18:34-8. 2007..The aim of the present study was to compare the effectiveness of a photodisinfection process to that of scaling and root planing (SRP) for non-surgical periodontal treatment...
- Identification and developmental expression of a chicken calsequestrin homologE S Choi
Department of Biological Sciences, University of California, Santa Barbara 93106
Dev Biol 142:169-77. 1990Calsequestrin (CAL) is a calcium-binding protein whose primary function is thought to involve sequestration of calcium in the muscle sarcoplasmic reticulum (SR)...
- Compliance among pharmacies in California with a prescription-drug discount program for Medicare beneficiariesJoy H Lewis
RAND Health, Santa Monica, Calif 90407 2138, USA
N Engl J Med 346:830-5. 2002..California, Senate Bill 393, enacted in 1999, requires pharmacies participating in the state Medicaid program (Medi-Cal) to charge customers who present a Medicare card amounts based on Medi-Cal rates...
- Activity profile of calpains I and II in chronically infarcted rat myocardium--influence of the calpain inhibitor CAL 9961Steffen Sandmann
Institute of Pharmacology, Christian Albrechts University of Kiel, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 135:1951-8. 2002..I and II in the infarcted and non-infarcted rat myocardium and the action of the selective calpain inhibitor, CAL 9961, has been investigated. 2. MI was induced by permanent ligation of the left coronary artery...
- Enamel matrix proteins in the regenerative therapy of deep intrabony defectsMaurizio S Tonetti
Department of Periodontology, Eastman Dental Institute, University College London, UK
J Clin Periodontol 29:317-25. 2002..This prospective multicentre randomized controlled clinical trial was designed to compare the clinical outcomes of papilla preservation flap surgery with or without the application of enamel matrix proteins (EMD)...
- A new member of the LIM protein family binds to filamin B and localizes at stress fibersToshiro Takafuta
Department of Medicine, Cardeza Foundation for Hematologic Research, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19041, USA
J Biol Chem 278:12175-81. 2003..The association between filamin B and FBLP-1 may play a hitherto unknown role in cytoskeletal function, cell adhesion, and cell motility...
- Bioabsorbable membrane and bioactive glass in the treatment of intrabony defects in patients with generalized aggressive periodontitis: results of a 12-month clinical and radiological studyReiner Mengel
Department of Periodontology, School of Dentistry, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
J Periodontol 74:899-908. 2003..The aim of this clinical and radiological prospective study was to compare the effectiveness of a bioabsorbable membrane and a bioactive glass in the treatment of intrabony defects in patients with generalized aggressive periodontitis...
- Mitochondrial DNA and Y chromosome diversity and the peopling of the Americas: evolutionary and demographic evidenceTheodore G Schurr
Department of Anthropology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Am J Hum Biol 16:420-39. 2004..The initial migration seems to have occurred between 20,000-15,000 calendar years before present (cal BP), i.e., before the emergence of Clovis lithic sites (13,350-12,895 cal BP) in North America...
- Coronary risk factors in Kawasaki disease treated with additional gammaglobulinM Miura
Department of Pediatrics, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Arch Dis Child 89:776-80. 2004To assess the hypothesis that an additional intravenous gammaglobulin (IVGG) infusion, if administered early, may prevent coronary artery lesions (CAL) in patients with Kawasaki disease (KD) who do not respond to initial IVGG therapy.
- A systematic review on the effect of systemic antimicrobials as an adjunct to scaling and root planing in periodontitis patientsDavid Herrera
University Complutense of Madrid, Spain
J Clin Periodontol 29:136-59; discussion 160-2. 2002..Scaling and root planing (SRP) are the bases of non-surgical therapy in the treatment of periodontitis. However, results from this therapy are often unpredictable and dependable from many different factors...
- Phospholipase-A-independent damage caused by the colicin A lysis protein during its assembly into the inner and outer membranes of Escherichia coliS P Howard
Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John s, Canada
J Gen Microbiol 137:81-9. 1991The requirement for the activation of phospholipase A by the colicin A lysis protein (Cal) in the efficient release of colicin A by Escherichia coli cells containing colicin A plasmids was studied...
- Access to orthopedic care for children with medicaid versus private insurance in CaliforniaD L Skaggs
Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Pediatrics 107:1405-8. 2001To compare the availability of timely orthopedic care to a child with a fractured arm insured by Medi-Cal (California state Medicaid) and by private insurance.
- Regulation of collagenolytic protease secretion through c-Src in osteoclastsN Furuyama
Discovery Research Laboratory, Takeda Chemical Industries, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 272:116-24. 2000..in the synthesis and secretion of the collagenolytic cysteine proteases (CCPs), cathepsin K (CAK), cathepsin L (CAL), and cathepsin B (CAB), by osteoclasts was investigated...
- Clinical assessment of periodontitis in young adults--evaluation of probing depth and partial recording methodsD M Agerholm
King's College School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, United Kingdom
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 24:56-61. 1996..Comparisons were made between full mouth approximal attachment loss (CAL) assessment and methods relying on pocket probing depth (PPD) evaluation or on partial recording of CAL or PPD...
- Differences in corticotropin-releasing hormone-stimulated adrenocorticotropin and cortisol before and after weight lossJ A Yanovski
Developmental Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 82:1874-8. 1997..0 +/- 7.9-kg weight loss induced by a 26-week weight loss program that included 12 weeks of a 3350 kJ/day (800 Cal/day) liquid formula diet, 6 weeks of gradual refeeding, and 6 weeks of caloric stabilization at 5020-6280 kJ/day (..
- The relationship between radiographic and clinical changes in the periodontiumE E Machtei
Department of Oral Biology, School of Dental Medicine, State University of New York at Buffalo 14214 3092, USA
J Periodontal Res 32:661-6. 1997Change in clinical attachment level (CAL) and radiographic change in crestal bone height are often used to assess periodontal breakdown and disease progression. These two variables are also used to monitor the effect of treatment...
- Effects of expanded polytetrafluoroethylene and polylactic acid barriers on healthy sitesP M Trejo
The University of Texas, Health Science Center, Department of Stomatology, Houston 77030 3402, USA
J Periodontol 69:14-8. 1998..ePTFE) and polylactic acid (PLA) barrier devices on probing depth (PD), clinical attachment level (CAL), and crestal bone height in healthy sites...
- Models to evaluate the role of stress in periodontal diseaseR J Genco
Department of Oral Biology, School of Dental Medicine, State University of New York at Buffalo, USA
Ann Periodontol 3:288-302. 1998..of supragingival plaque, subgingival flora, gingival bleeding, calculus, probing depth, clinical attachment level (CAL), and radiographic alveolar bone loss (ABL) were obtained for each subject...
- Pharmaceutical properties of related calanolide compounds with activity against human immunodeficiency virusR A Newman
Clinical Pharmacology Resource Facility, University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Pharm Sci 87:1077-80. 1998..Both (+)-calanolide A (Cal A; NSC 675451) and (+)-dihydrocalanolide A (DHCal A; NSC 678323) are currently under development for the treatment ..
- Impact of Antibiotics and Vaccines on the in vivo Evolution of S. pneumoniaeGarth Ehrlich; Fiscal Year: 2009..1II1 IIF ]II[ iIiI 8.1I I IUI II iIiI 9. TotatallFundsrrequesttedforralllSeniiorrKeyPersonsininttheatachedfiille Cal. Acad. Sum. .*. Requested *.. Fringe ....
- Mechanical Stress and the Heat-Treatment of Soft TissueJAY HUMPHREY; Fiscal Year: 2003..of multiaxial stresses on the thermal process as well as the effects of thermal damage on the multiaxial mechani-cal properties. No such data are available...
- Chicago Endothelial Function StudyLouise C Hawkley; Fiscal Year: 2010..INITIAL BUDGET PERIOD DIRECT COSTS ONLY PERSONNEL (Applicant organization only) Months Devoted to Project ROLE ON Cal. Acad. Summer INST...
- Chicago Endothelial Function StudyLOUISE HAWKLEY; Fiscal Year: 2009..INITIAL BUDGET PERIOD DIRECT COSTS ONLY PERSONNEL (Applicant organization only) Months Devoted to Project ROLE ON Cal. Acad. Summer INST...
- DIETARY COMPOSITION, OBESITY, AND CARDIOVASCULAR RISKERNST SCHAEFER; Fiscal Year: 2003..mono) fat; 6 percent polyunsaturated (poly) fat, with 150 mg of cholesterol/1000 calories and 10 g/1000 cal. of fiber)...
- Regulation of Vascular Tone and Ca channels by IntegrinsMichael Davis; Fiscal Year: 2009..vascular tone: 1) mechanotransduction of intravascular pressure through the voltage-gated, L-type Ca2+ channel (CaL), which is the primary Ca2+ entry pathway in VSM, and 2) the effects of biologically active matricryptins (i.e...
- Computational Active-Site Redesign and Binding Prediction via Molecular EnsemblesBruce R Donald; Fiscal Year: 2010..algorithms to redesign two restriction endonucleases (REs), and will apply K to design peptide inhibitors for the CAL (Cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator Associated Ligand) PDZ domain...
- Physiology of LGR7 and LGR8 in Gonadal TissuesAaron Hsueh; Fiscal Year: 2007..relaxin is produced by ovarian luteal cells whereas INSL3 is produced by testis Leydig cells as well as ovarian the cal and luteal cells, their physiological roles in the gonads are unclear...
- Enediyne Biosynthesis and EngineeringBen Shen; Fiscal Year: 2009..involved in enediyne biosynthesis especially C-1027, neocarzinostatin (NCS), maduropeptin (MDP), calicheamicin (CAL), esperamicin (ESP), and dynemicin (DYN)) biosynthesis will make fundamental contributions to mechanistic ..
- GENE EXPRESSION IN NERVOUS TISSUEBruce McEwen; Fiscal Year: 2004..Synapse formation has been demonstrated on CAl neurons using Golgi technique, dye filling of cells, and electron microscopy (EM)...