Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FANCA
Description: Fanconi anemia, complementation group A
Alias: FA-H, FA1, FAA, FACA, FAH, FANCH, Fanconi anemia group A protein, Fanconi anemia, complementation group H, Fanconi anemia, type 1
Publications172 found, 100 shown here
- Food restricted schedules promote differential lipoperoxidative activity in rat hepatic subcellular fractionsDalia Luna Moreno
Instituto de Neurobiologia, Campus UNAM Juriquilla, Queretaro, Mexico
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 146:632-43. 2007..access to food (from 12:00 to 14:00 h) produces a behavioral activation known as food anticipatory activity (FAA), which is a manifestation of the food entrained oscillator (FEO)...
- The dorsomedial hypothalamic nucleus is not necessary for the expression of circadian food-anticipatory activity in ratsGlenn J Landry
Department of Psychology, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC, Canada
J Biol Rhythms 22:467-78. 2007Restricted daytime feeding generates food-anticipatory activity (FAA) by entrainment of a circadian pacemaker separate from the light-entrainable pacemaker located in the SCN...
- The role of free amino acids in semen of rainbow trout Oncorhynchus mykiss and carp Cyprinus carpioF Lahnsteiner
Department for Organismic Biology, University of Salzburg, Hellbrunnerstrasse 34, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
J Fish Biol 75:816-33. 2009The present study investigated (1) the free amino acid (FAA) composition in semen of rainbow trout Oncorhynchus mykiss and carp Cyprinus carpio, (2) enzyme systems involved in amino acid metabolism and (3) the effect of amino acids on ..
- Cell cycle-dependent chromatin loading of the Fanconi anemia core complex by FANCM/FAAP24Jung Min Kim
Department of Radiation Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 111:5215-22. 2008..Dysregulated loading of the FA core complex accounts, at least in part, for the characteristic cellular and developmental abnormalities in FA...
- A novel ubiquitin ligase is deficient in Fanconi anemiaAmom Ruhikanta Meetei
Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, 333 Cassell Drive, TRIAD Center Room 3000, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Nat Genet 35:165-70. 2003..Our data suggest that PHF9 has a crucial role in the Fanconi anemia pathway as the likely catalytic subunit required for monoubiquitination of FANCD2...
- Identification of FAAP24, a Fanconi anemia core complex protein that interacts with FANCMAlberto Ciccia
Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute, Clare Hall Laboratories, South Mimms, Herts, UK
Mol Cell 25:331-43. 2007..Our data indicate that the FANCM/FAAP24 complex may play a key role in recruitment of the FA core complex to damaged DNA...
- Novel mutations of the FANCG gene causing alternative splicing in Japanese Fanconi anemiaT Yamada
Radiation Biology Center, Kyoto University, Japan
J Hum Genet 45:159-66. 2000..Previously, we studied mutations of the FANCA gene, responsible for FA-A, and found pathogenic mutations in 12 of 15 unclassified Japanese FA patients...
- A heterozygous frameshift mutation in the Fanconi anemia C gene in familial T-ALL and secondary malignancyJ R Rischewski
University Children s Hospital, Hamburg, Germany
Klin Padiatr 212:174-6. 2000..We are currently screening a pediatric population with hematologic malignancies for mutations in the FANCA, FANCC and FANCG gene, and report here on siblings carrying a heterozygous frameshift mutation in the FANCC Gene.
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone regulates expression of the DNA damage repair gene, Fanconi anemia A, in pituitary gonadotroph cellsRachel Larder
Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, Centre for Reproductive Biology, The University of Edinburgh Chancellors Building, Edinburgh EH16 4SB, UK
Biol Reprod 71:828-36. 2004..This approach identified Fanconi anemia a (Fanca), a gene implicated in DNA damage repair, as a differentially expressed transcript...
- Validation of Fanconi anemia complementation Group A assignment using molecular analysisNabil N Moghrabi
Department of Molecular and Medical Genetics, Clinical Genetics Laboratories, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 S W Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Genet Med 11:183-92. 2009..of this study was (1) confirmation of the accuracy of Fanconi anemia complementation group assignment to Group A (FANCA) and (2) development of a rapid mutation detection strategy that ensures the efficient capture of all FANCA ..
- Preclinical correction of human Fanconi anemia complementation group A bone marrow cells using a safety-modified lentiviral vectorP S Becker
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, 815 Mercer Street, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Gene Ther 17:1244-52. 2010..transduction of hematopoietic progenitor cells from patients with Fanconi anemia complementation group A (FANCA)...
- Targeted disruption of exons 1 to 6 of the Fanconi Anemia group A gene leads to growth retardation, strain-specific microphthalmia, meiotic defects and primordial germ cell hypoplasiaJasmine C Y Wong
Program in Genetics and Genomics Biology, Research Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hum Mol Genet 12:2063-76. 2003..To study the in vivo role of the FA group A gene (Fanca), gene-targeting techniques were used to generate Fanca(tm1Hsc) mice in which Fanca exons 1-6 were replaced by a ..
- Cloning and characterization of murine fanconi anemia group A gene: Fanca protein is expressed in lymphoid tissues, testis, and ovaryH J van de Vrugt
Department of Clinical Genetics and Human Genetics, Free University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mamm Genome 11:326-31. 2000..We have cloned the murine homolog of FANCA, the gene mutated in the major FA complementation group (FA-A)...
- The Fanconi anemia group A protein modulates homologous repair of DNA double-strand breaks in mammalian cellsYun gui Yang
International Agency for Research on Cancer IARC, 150 cours Albert Thomas, F 69008 Lyon, France
Carcinogenesis 26:1731-40. 2005..Here, we have investigated specifically the function of the FA group A protein (FANCA) in the repair of DSBs in mammalian cells...
- Expression of the Fanconi anemia group A gene (Fanca) during mouse embryogenesisR Abu-Issa
Departments of Molecular and Human Genetics, Biochemistry, and Medicine, The Developmental Biology Program, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Blood 94:818-24. 1999..understand the relationship between these groups, we analyzed the expression pattern of the mouse FA group-A gene (Fanca) during embryogenesis and compared it with the known pattern of the group-C gene (Fancc)...
- Hsp90 regulates the Fanconi anemia DNA damage response pathwayTsukasa Oda
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Institute of Molecular and Cellular Regulation, Gunma University, 3 39 15 Showa Machi, Maebashi, Gunma 371 8512, Japan
Blood 109:5016-26. 2007..In the FA pathway, assembly of 8 FA proteins including FANCA into a nuclear multiprotein complex, and the complex-dependent activation of FANCD2 are critical events for ..
- The molecular biology of Fanconi anemiaHannah Tamary
Institute of Hematology Oncology, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Pediatric Hematology Oncology Laboratory, Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Rabin Medical Center Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 4:819-23. 2002..Six genes (FANCA, FANCC, FANCD2, FANCE, FANGF, FANCG) have been cloned so far...
- How Fanconi anemia proteins promote the four Rs: replication, recombination, repair, and recoveryLarry H Thompson
Biology and Biotechnology Research Program, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, California 94551, USA
Environ Mol Mutagen 45:128-42. 2005..In our view, the FANCA, -C, and -G proteins, which are both cytoplasmic and nuclear, have an integrated dual role in which they sense and ..
- Spectrum of FANCA mutations in Italian Fanconi anemia patients: identification of six novel alleles and phenotypic characterization of the S858R variantMaria Savino
Servizio di Genetica Medica, IRCCS Ospedale CSS, San Giovanni Rotondo, Foggia, Italy
Hum Mutat 22:338-9. 2003..Here, we report six novel FANCA sequence changes and review all the mutations identified in Italy...
- Abnormalities in liver iron accumulation during N-2-fluorenylacetamide hepatocarcinogenesis that are dependent or independent of continued carcinogen actionK Furuya
Naylor Dana Institute for Disease Prevention, American Health Foundation, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Toxicol Pathol 12:136-42. 1984The characteristics of liver iron accumulation were studied during N-2-fluorenylacetamide (FAA)-induced hepatocarcinogenesis in rats...
- Anthelmintic efficacy of genistein, the active principle of Flemingia vestita (Fabaceae): alterations in the free amino acid pool and ammonia levels in the fluke, Fasciolopsis buskiPradip Kumar Kar
Department of Zoology, North Eastern Hill University, Shillong 793022, India
Parasitol Int 53:287-91. 2004..The amino acid composition of F. buski was demonstrated using HPLC and it was observed that the free amino acid (FAA) pool of the control worm consisted of aspartate, threonine, serine, glutamic acid, glutamine, proline, glycine, ..
- 5,6-dimethylxanthenone-4-acetic acid (DMXAA): a new biological response modifier for cancer therapyShufeng Zhou
Division of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, University ofAuckland, New Zealand
Invest New Drugs 20:281-95. 2002..Preclinical studies indicated that DMXAA had more potent anti-tumour activity compared to flavone-8-acetic acid (FAA)...
- Comparison of the reactivity of tetradecenoic acids, a triacsin, and unsaturated oximes with four purified Saccharomyces cerevisiae fatty acid activation proteinsL J Knoll
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 270:20090-7. 1995..Saccharomyces cerevisiae contains at least five acyl-CoA synthetases (fatty acid activation proteins, or Faaps). Four FAA genes have been recovered to date...
- Histological and clinical findings in different surgical strategies for focal axillary hyperhidrosisFalk G Bechara
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Dermatol Surg 34:1001-9; discussion 1009. 2008Although a variety of different surgical strategies for focal axillary hyperhidrosis (FAH) have proven effective, little is known of intraoperative and postoperative histologies of different surgical methods.
- Composition of the excitatory drive during swimming in two amphibian embryos: Rana and BufoR Perrins
School of Biological Sciences, University of Bristol, UK
J Comp Physiol A 179:563-73. 1996..applications of antagonists show that presumed motoneurons in Rana and Bufo embryos receive both cholinergic and FAA input during swimming...
- Increased plasma serotonin following treatment with flavone-8-acetic acid, 5,6-dimethylxanthenone-4-acetic acid, vinblastine, and colchicine: relation to vascular effectsB C Baguley
Cancer Research Laboratory, University of Auckland School of Medicine, New Zealand
Oncol Res 9:55-60. 1997..These agents include flavone acetic acid (FAA), an antitumor agent with high experimental but no clinical antitumor activity, 5,6-dimethylxanthenone-4-acetic ..
- Comparison and cross-species expression of the acetyl-CoA synthetase genes of the Ascomycete fungi, Aspergillus nidulans and Neurospora crassaI F Connerton
Department of Genetics, University of Cambridge, UK
Mol Microbiol 4:451-60. 1990..acetate-inducible enzyme acetyl-coenzyme A synthetase from Neurospora crassa and Aspergillus nidulans (acu-5 and facA, respectively) have been cloned and their sequences compared...
- Communication towers, lights, and birds: successful methods of reducing the frequency of avian collisionsJoelle Gehring
Central Michigan University, Department of Biology, Mount Pleasant, Michigan 48859, USA
Ecol Appl 19:505-14. 2009..To determine the relative collision risks that different nighttime Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) communication tower obstruction lighting systems pose to night-migrating birds, we compared fatalities at towers ..
- Prevalence of drugs and alcohol in fatal civil aviation accidents between 1994 and 1998D V Canfield
Civil Aeromedical Institute, Federal Aviation Administration, Oklahoma City, OK 73125, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 72:120-4. 2001The use of drugs and alcohol in aviation is closely monitored by the FAA Office of Aviation Medicine's (OAM's) Civil Aeromedical Institute (CAMI) through the toxicological analysis of specimens from pilots who have died in aviation ..
- Chemical composition of inks of diverse marine molluscs suggests convergent chemical defensesCharles D Derby
Department of Biology, Brains and Behavior Program and Center for Behavioral Neuroscience, Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia 30302 4010, USA
J Chem Ecol 33:1105-13. 2007..The latter two mechanisms are facilitated by millimolar concentrations of free amino acids (FAA) in sea hare ink and opaline, which stimulate the chemosensory systems of predators, ultimately leading to escape ..
- Intra- and extracellular osmotic regulation in the hololimnetic Caridea and Anomura: a phylogenetic perspective on the conquest of fresh water by the decapod CrustaceaSamuel Coelho de Faria
Departamento de Biologia, Faculdade de Filosofia, Ciencias e Letras de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, 14040 901, Brazil
J Comp Physiol B 181:175-86. 2011..Muscle total free amino acids (FAA) increase slowly but markedly in response to the rapid rise in hemolymph osmolality consequent to hyperosmotic ..
- Metabolite profile in milk of lactating rats after treatment with a carcinogen, N-2-fluorenylacetamideD Malejka-Giganti
Laboratory for Cancer Research, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417
Drug Metab Dispos 15:760-6. 1987..in milk and urine of lactating rats 4 to 5 hr after each of 3 to 6 ip injections of N-2-fluorenylacetamide (2-FAA) at 0.2 mmol/kg of body weight...
- Mammary uptake, portal-drained visceral flux, and hepatic metabolism of free and peptide-bound amino acids in cows fed steam-flaked or dry-rolled sorghum grain dietsH Tagari
Department of Animal Sciences, Faculty of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Quality Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel
J Dairy Sci 91:679-97. 2008Our objectives were to measure net fluxes of free AA (FAA) and peptide-bound AA (PBAA) across portal-drained viscera, liver, splanchnic tissues, and mammary tissues, and milk AA output of lactating Holstein cows (n = 8, 86 +/- 8 d in ..
- Fatty acid ethyl and methyl ester synthases, and fatty acid anilide synthase in HepG2 and AR42J cells: interrelationships and inhibition by tri-o-tolyl phosphateB S Kaphalia
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77555, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 159:134-41. 1999..Approximately 86-90% inhibition of FAEE, FAME, and FAA synthesizing activities was found in HepG2 cells following exposure to 2.5 microM TOTP...
- Adaptive shifts in osmoregulatory strategy and the invasion of freshwater by brachyuran crabs: evidence from Dilocarcinus pagei (Trichodactylidae)Alessandra Augusto
Departamento de Biologia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Exp Zool A Ecol Genet Physiol 307:688-98. 2007..pagei does not produce dilute urine. Total free amino acid (FAA) concentrations in embryos (14.9+/-1.2), juveniles (32.8+/-0.1) and adult muscle (10.9+/-2...
- Apparent ruminal degradation and rumen escape of soluble nitrogen fractions in grass and grass silage administered intraruminally to lactating dairy cowsH Volden
Department of Animal Science, Agricultural University of Norway, As
J Anim Sci 80:2704-16. 2002..Soluble protein and long-chain peptides (PLP), small peptides (SP) and free AA (FAA) were obtained from fresh grass and grass silages fertilized with different levels of N...
- Free amino acid composition in juveniles of Mytilus galloprovincialis: spatial variability after Prestige oil spillJose M F Babarro
Instituto de Investigaciones Marinas CSIC, Eduardo Cabello 6, 36208 Vigo, Spain
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 145:204-13. 2006Composition of free amino acids (FAA) in juveniles of Mytilus galloprovincialis was analysed along a large geographical coastline area in Galicia (NW Spain)...
- L-thyroxine (T4) elevates the free amino acid pool of haemolymph plasma of tasar silkworm, Antheraea mylitta drury (Lepidoptera: Saturniidae)K D Reddy
Insect Physiology Laboratory, Central Tasar Research and Training Institute, Nagri, Ranchi, India
Horm Metab Res 26:570-3. 1994Concentration of free amino acids (FAA) in the haemolymph plasma of male and female tasar silkworm, A. mylitta, during fifth larval instar were determined by amino acid analyzer after administration of vertebrate thyroxine (T4)...
- Crystal structure and mechanism of a carbon-carbon bond hydrolaseD E Timm
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Indiana University School of Medicine 635 Barnhill Drive, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Structure 7:1023-33. 1999Fumarylacetoacetate hydrolase (FAH) catalyzes the final step of tyrosine and phenylalanine catabolism, the hydrolytic cleavage of a carbon-carbon bond in fumarylacetoacetate, to yield fumarate and acetoacetate...
- Complementation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae strains containing fatty acid activation gene (FAA) deletions with a mammalian acyl-CoA synthetaseL J Knoll
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 270:10861-7. 1995Four unlinked fatty acid activation (FAA) genes encoding acyl-CoA synthetases have been identified in Saccharomyces cerevisiae and characterized by noting the phenotypes of isogenic strains containing all possible combinations of faa ..
- Antibodies to filamentous actin (F-actin) in type 1 autoimmune hepatitisA Granito
Department of Internal Medicine, Cardioangiology, and Hepatology, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Bologna, Italy
J Clin Pathol 59:280-4. 2006To evaluate the diagnostic significance of anti-filamentous actin antibodies (A-FAA) assessed with a commercial ELISA in comparison with immunofluorescence reactivity and patterns of anti-smooth muscle antibodies (SMA); and to correlate ..
- Metabolism of the carcinogen N-hydroxy-N-2-fluorenylacetamide by rat peritoneal neutrophilsD Malejka-Giganti
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417
Carcinogenesis 14:341-6. 1993The in vitro metabolism of a locally carcinogenic N-hydroxy-N-2-fluorenylacetamide (N-OH-2-FAA) by rat peritoneal polymorphonuclear leukocytes (PMNL), chiefly neutrophils, elicited with intraperitoneal injections of proteose peptone, was ..
- Free and peptide amino acid net flux across the rumen and the mesenteric- and portal-drained viscera of sheepD Remond
Unite de Recherches sur les Herbivores, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique de Clermont Ferrand, St Genes Champanelle, France
J Anim Sci 78:1960-72. 2000..Control and postinjection net fluxes of plasma free amino acids (FAA) and PAA were determined...
- Inflight cabin ozone aboard long duration C-5 airlift missions: a historical issue revisitedS M Hetrick
U S Air Force Institute of Aerospace Medicine, Residency in Aerospace Medicine, Brooks AFB, TX, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 71:408-14. 2000..occasionally exposed to ambient, stratospheric ozone concentrations in excess of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) ceiling and time-weighted average (TWA) standards...
- Assessment of quality of life in patients with primary axillary hyperhidrosis before and after suction-curettageFalk G Bechara
Departments of Dermatology, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
J Am Acad Dermatol 57:207-12. 2007Focal axillary hyperhidrosis (FAH) is a benign functional disorder that may lead to social and psychologic handicap. Hence, the improvement of quality of life is a major aim of therapy...
- Friedmanniella luteola sp. nov., Friedmanniella lucida sp. nov., Friedmanniella okinawensis sp. nov. and Friedmaniella sagamiharensis sp. nov., isolated from spidersKimika Iwai
Innovative Drug Research Laboratories, Kyowa Hakko Kirin Co, Ltd 3 6 6, Asahi machi, Machida shi, Tokyo 194 8533, Japan
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 60:113-20. 2010..Two strains (FA1(T) and FA2(T)) formed a cluster together with Friedmanniella capsulata and Friedmanniella lacustris and the other ..
- Should consensus be 'the commission method' in the US? The perspective of the Federal Advisory Committee Act, regulations, and case lawBethany Spielman
Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Box 19603, Springfield, IL, USA
Bioethics 17:341-56. 2003..Specifically, the paper examines the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA)--the statute, its regulations, and case law...
- Toxicological findings from 1587 civil aviation accident pilot fatalities, 1999-2003Arvind K Chaturvedi
Bioaeronautical Sciences Research Laboratory AAM 610, FAA Civil Aerospace Medical Institute, P O Box 25082, Oklahoma City, OK 73125 5066, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 76:1145-50. 2005The prevalence of drug and ethanol use in aviation is monitored by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)...
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae contains four fatty acid activation (FAA) genes: an assessment of their role in regulating protein N-myristoylation and cellular lipid metabolismD R Johnson
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110
J Cell Biol 127:751-62. 1994..We have recently isolated three unlinked Fatty Acid Activation (FAA) genes encoding long chain acylCoA synthetases and have now recovered a fourth by genetic complementation...
- A role for Saccharomyces cerevisiae fatty acid activation protein 4 in regulating protein N-myristoylation during entry into stationary phaseK Ashrafi
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 273:25864-74. 1998..These strains contained either a wild type or mutant NMT1 allele, and wild type or null alleles of each FAA. Only the combination of the Nmt mutant (nmt451Dp; reduced affinity for myristoyl-CoA) and loss of Faa4p produced a ..
- Animal models of tyrosinemiaKimitoshi Nakamura
Department of Pediatrics, Kumamoto University Graduate School of Medical Science, Kumamoto 860 8556, Japan
J Nutr 137:1556S-1560S; discussion 1573S-1575S. 2007..HT I is due to mutations in the fumarylacetoacetate hydrolase (Fah) gene, which encodes the last enzyme in the tyrosine catabolic pathway...
- The influence of MK-801 on the hippocampal free arachidonic acid level and Na+,K+-ATPase activity in global cerebral ischemia-exposed ratsJasenka Mršić-Pelčić
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Rijeka, Brace Branchetta 20 1, 51000 Rijeka, Croatia
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 26:1319-26. 2002The influence of 20 min global cerebral ischemia on the free arachidonic acid (FAA) level and Na+,K+-ATPase activity in the rat hippocampus at different time points after ischemia was examined...
- Ploidy reductions in murine fusion-derived hepatocytesAndrew W Duncan
Oregon Stem Cell Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
PLoS Genet 5:e1000385. 2009We previously showed that fusion between hepatocytes lacking a crucial liver enzyme, fumarylacetoacetate hydrolase (FAH), and wild-type blood cells resulted in hepatocyte reprogramming...
- Vanadium complexes having [V(IV)O](2+) and [V(V)O(2)](+) cores with binucleating dibasic tetradentate ligands: Synthesis, characterization, catalytic and antiamoebic activitiesMannar R Maurya
Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee, 247 667, India
Dalton Trans 39:1345-60. 2010Binucleating hydrazones CH(2)(H(2)sal-bhz)(2) (I) and CH(2)(H(2)sal-fah)(2) (II), derived from 5,5'-methylbis(salicylaldehyde) and benzoylhydrazide or 2-furoylhydrazide, react with [V(IV)O(acac)(2)] to give dinuclear V(IV)O-complexes [CH(..
- A potential biomarker of kidney damage identified by proteomics: preliminary findingsLasantha R Bandara
Oxford GlycoSciences UK Ltd, The Forum, 86 Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon, OX14 4RY, UK
Biomarkers 8:272-86. 2003..One toxicity-associated plasma protein was identified as the cellular enzyme fumarylacetoacetate hydrolase (FAH), which is known to be required for tyrosine metabolism...
- Combining bioreductive drugs (SR 4233 or SN 23862) with the vasoactive agents flavone acetic acid or 5,6-dimethylxanthenone acetic acidS Cliffe
Department of Pathology, University of Auckland School of Medicine, New Zealand
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 29:373-7. 1994To determine whether 5,6-dimethylxanthenone acetic acid (DMXAA), a potent analogue of flavone acetic acid (FAA) inhibits blood flow in mouse mammary tumors, and to assess whether DMXAA enhances the antitumor effects of Tirapazamine (SR ..
- Modulations of hepatic gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase and N-hydroxy-N-2-fluorenylacetamide sulfotransferase activities following treatment of rats with a hepatocarcinogenic regimen: effect of partial hepatectomyP Vijayaraghavan
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
Environ Health Perspect 102:105-8. 1994..assays of gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase (gamma-GTP) and N-hydroxy-N-2-fluorenylacetamide sulfotransferase (N-OH-2-FAA ST) activities to monitor the effects of treatment of male Sprague-Dawley rats with a two-stage hepatocarcinogenic ..
- Dopamine is involved in food-anticipatory activity in miceYuan Yuan Liu
Department of Pharmacology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
J Biol Rhythms 27:398-409. 2012..food is available during a restricted and predictable time of the day, mammals exhibit food-anticipatory activity (FAA), an increase in locomotor activity preceding the presentation of food...
- In vitro phenotypic correction of hematopoietic progenitors from Fanconi anemia group A knockout micePaula Rio
Hematopoietic Gene Therapy Program, Centro de Investigaciones Energeticas, Medioambientales y Tecnológicas CIEMAT Marcelino Botín Foundation, 22840 Madrid, Spain
Blood 100:2032-9. 2002..So far, 8 complementation groups have been identified, although mutations in FANCA account for the disease in the majority of FA patients...
- Arabidopsis sphingolipid fatty acid 2-hydroxylases (AtFAH1 and AtFAH2) are functionally differentiated in fatty acid 2-hydroxylation and stress responsesMinoru Nagano
Graduate School of Biological Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916 5 Takayama, Ikoma 630 0101, Japan
Plant Physiol 159:1138-48. 2012..Recent studies from our group demonstrated that sphingolipid fatty acid 2-hydroxylase (FAH) is required for the function of Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) Bax inhibitor-1 (AtBI-1), which is an ..
- Serum levels of fetal antigen 1 in extreme nutritional StatesAlin Andries
KMEB Laboratory, Department of Endocrinology and Center for Eating Disorders, Odense University Hospital, 5000 Odense, Denmark
ISRN Endocrinol 2012:592648. 2012Objective. Recent data suggest that fetal antigen (FA1) is linked to disorders of body weight...
- Pilot medical history and medications found in post mortem specimens from aviation accidentsDennis V Canfield
Civil Aerospace Medical Institute, Federal Aviation Administration, Oklahoma City, OK 73125 5006, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 77:1171-3. 2006Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations require pilots to report all medications and medical conditions for review and consideration as to the overall suitability of the pilot for flight activities.
- A locus for Fanconi anemia on 16q determined by homozygosity mappingM Gschwend
Department of Genetics, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94305 5120, USA
Am J Hum Genet 59:377-84. 1996..0013) of genetic heterogeneity. This result independently confirms the recent mapping of the FAA gene to chromosome 16 by Pronk et al...
- Functional disassociation of the central and peripheral fatty acid amide signaling systemsBenjamin F Cravatt
The Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology and Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:10821-6. 2004..Here, we report a transgenic mouse model in which the central and peripheral FAA systems have been functionally uncoupled...
- Mono- or di-fluorinated analogues of flavone-8-acetic acid: synthesis and in vitro biological activityMaria Carrara
Department of Pharmacology and Anaesthesiology, University of Padova, Largo Meneghetti 2, 35131 Padova, Italy
Anticancer Res 25:1179-85. 2005Previously, the antitumour activity of some flavone-8-acetic acid (FAA) derivatives substituted with an acid function in position 2 of the benzene ring was evaluated...
- Daily rhythms of food-anticipatory behavioral activity do not require the known circadian clockKai Florian Storch
Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:6808-13. 2009When food availability is restricted to a particular time each day, mammals exhibit food-anticipatory activity (FAA), a daily increase in locomotor activity preceding the presentation of food...
- Flavone acetic acid (FAA) with recombinant interleukin-2 (rIL-2) in advanced malignant melanoma: I. Clinical and vascular studiesG J Rustin
Department of Medical Oncology, Charing Cross Hospital London, UK
Br J Cancer 67:1342-5. 1993A trial of FAA and rIL-2 has been performed both to study the clinical efficacy of this combination and to determine whether they cause haemorrhagic necrosis by acting upon tumour vasculature...
- Activation of the carcinogens N-hydroxy-N-2-fluorenylbenzamide and N-hydroxy-N-2-fluorenylacetamide via deacylations and acetyl transfers by rat peritoneal serosa and liverC L Ritter
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455
Carcinogenesis 15:163-70. 1994..administered N-hydroxy-N-2-fluorenylbenzamide (N-OH-2-FBA) and N-hydroxy-N-2-fluorenylacetamide (N-OH-2-FAA) are carcinogenic for rat peritoneum...
- Fetal antigen 1, an EGF multidomain protein in the sex hormone-producing cells of the gonads and the microenvironment of germ cellsC H Jensen
Immunology and Microbiology, University of Southern Denmark, Odense University, Winslowparken 21 1, DK 5000 Odense C, Denmark
Mol Hum Reprod 5:908-13. 1999Fetal antigen 1 (FA1), an epidermal growth factor (EGF) multidomain glycoprotein, was investigated in the human reproductive system...
- Coal fly ash- and copper smelter dust-induced modulation of ex vivo production of tumor necrosis factor-alpha by murine macrophages: effects of metals and overloadF Broeckaert
Industrial Toxicology and Occupational Medicine Unit, Catholic University of Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
J Toxicol Environ Health A 56:343-60. 1999..Other mice received 600 ng arsenic/mouse in amounts of particles leading to different volume loads (FAH and CUH groups: 880 and 273 nl/mouse, respectively)...
- Development of lentiviral vectors with optimized transcriptional activity for the gene therapy of patients with Fanconi anemiaAfrica Gonzalez-Murillo
Division of Hematopoiesis and Gene Therapy, Centro de Investigaciones Energeticas, Medioambientales, y Tecnológicas CIEMAT, and Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Enfermedades Raras CIBER ER, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Hum Gene Ther 21:623-30. 2010..Here we investigate the relevance of the expression of FANCA to confer a therapeutic effect in cells from patients with FA-A, the most frequent complementation group in FA...
- High frequency of large intragenic deletions in the Fanconi anemia group A geneN V Morgan
Division of Medical and Molecular Genetics, GKT School of Medicine, Guy s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Am J Hum Genet 65:1330-41. 1999..Mutation screening of the group A gene (FANCA) is complicated by its highly interrupted genomic structure and heterogeneous mutation spectrum...
- Application of a two-phenotype color-shift model with heterogeneous growth to a rat hepatocarcinogenesis experimentJutta Groos
Department Biostatistics C060, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Math Biosci 224:95-100. 2010..1] to describe formation and progression of foci of altered hepatocytes (FAH)...
- Detection of N-(deoxyguanosin-8-yl)-2-fluorenamine in DNA of peritoneal serosa and liver after intraperitoneal exposure of rats to N-hydroxy-N-2-fluorenylbenzamide or N-hydroxy-N-2-fluorenylacetamideD Malejka-Giganti
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417
Carcinogenesis 15:2883-90. 1994..aqueous suspensions of N-hydroxy-N-2-fluorenylbenzamide (N-OH-2-FBA) and N-hydroxy-N-2-fluorenylacetamide (N-OH-2-FAA), and compared to that in the liver, which is a tumor target for N-OH-2-FAA in the male rat...
- [Emergency department overcrowding: quantification of associated factors]Miquel Sanchez
Unitat d Urgències de Medicina Servei d Urgències Hospital Clínic Barcelona España
Med Clin (Barc) 121:161-72. 2003..Emergency department (ED) overcrowding has been increasing over the last years. The aims are to define ED overcrowding, and to determine and quantify which factors explain it...
- The Fanconi anemia proteins functionally interact with the protein kinase regulated by RNA (PKR)Xiaoling Zhang
Division of Experimental Hematology, Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Ohio 45229, USA
J Biol Chem 279:43910-9. 2004..We have used a BM extract to show that three FA proteins, FANCA, FANCC, and FANCG, functionally interact with the PKR kinase, which in turn regulates translational control...
- ATR-dependent phosphorylation of FANCA on serine 1449 after DNA damage is important for FA pathway functionNatalie B Collins
Department of Microbiology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, USA
Blood 113:2181-90. 2009..b>FANCA is phosphorylated after DNA damage and localized to chromatin, but the site and significance of this ..
- Restricted feeding schedules phase shift daily rhythms of c-Fos and protein Per1 immunoreactivity in corticolimbic regions in ratsM Angeles-Castellanos
Departamento de Anatomia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico DF 04510, Mexico
Neuroscience 144:344-55. 2007Entrainment by daily restricted feeding schedules (RFS) produces food anticipatory activity (FAA) which involves motivational processes which may be regulated by corticolimbic structures and the nucleus accumbens...
- Sequence variation in the Fanconi anemia gene FAAO Levran
Laboratory of Human Genetics and Hematology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021 6399, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:13051-6. 1997..The gene for FA complementation group A (FAA) recently has been cloned...
- A patient-derived mutant form of the Fanconi anemia protein, FANCA, is defective in nuclear accumulationG Kupfer
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, and Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Exp Hematol 27:587-93. 1999..We recently demonstrated that the FANCA and FANCC proteins bind and form a nuclear complex...
- Negative effect of heat sterilization on the free amino acid concentrations in infant formulaC Y Yeung
Division of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Department of Pediatrics, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Eur J Clin Nutr 60:136-41. 2006..In particular, the effect of heat sterilization on free amino acid (FAA) concentrations is seldom discussed...
- The genomic organization of the Fanconi anemia group A (FAA) geneL Ianzano
Servizio di Genetica Medica, IRCCS Ospedale CSS, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
Genomics 41:309-14. 1997..FA) is a genetically heterogenous disease involving at least five genes on the basis of complementation analysis (FAA to FAE). The FAA gene has been recently isolated by two independent approaches, positional and functional cloning...
- Allogeneic bone marrow transplantation restores liver function in Fah-knockout miceElke Eggenhofer
Department of Surgery, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Exp Hematol 36:1507-13. 2008..This phenomenon, however, is of no immediate clinical use because all syngeneic BMC harbor the same underlying genetic defect...
- Identification of multiple nuclear export sequences in Fanconi anemia group A protein that contribute to CRM1-dependent nuclear exportMiriam Ferrer
Department of Medical Oncology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Mol Genet 14:1271-81. 2005..In this study, we investigated the possibility that FANCA, FANCC and FANCG are subjected to active export out of the nucleus...
- In vivo correction of murine hereditary tyrosinemia type I by phiC31 integrase-mediated gene deliveryPatrice K Held
Molecular and Medical Genetics, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Mol Ther 11:399-408. 2005..Here, the integrase system was used to transfer the fumarylacetoacetate hydrolase (FAH) gene into the liver of mice affected with hereditary tyrosinemia type 1. Approximately 3...
- Inhibition of DT-diaphorase (NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase, EC 18.104.22.168) by 5,6-dimethylxanthenone-4-acetic acid (DMXAA) and flavone-8-acetic acid (FAA): implications for bioreductive drug developmentR M Phillips
Clinical Oncology Unit, University of Bradford, UK
Biochem Pharmacol 58:303-10. 1999The tumour blood flow inhibitors 5,6-dimethylxanthenone-4-acetic acid (DMXAA) and flavone-8-acetic acid (FAA) have been shown to potentiate the antitumour activity of several bioreductive drugs in vivo...
- A minor alternative transcript of the fumarylacetoacetate hydrolase gene produces a protein despite being likely subjected to nonsense-mediated mRNA decayNatacha Dreumont
Laboratory of Cellular and Developmental Genetics, CREFSIP, Dept Medicine, Universite Laval, Pavillon Marchand, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada G1K 7P4
BMC Mol Biol 6:1. 2005..We report here the identification of a nonsense alternative transcript of the fumarylacetoacetate hydrolase (fah) gene, which produces a protein despite the fact that it is subject to NMD.
- Reoperation for false aneurysm of the ascending aorta after its prosthetic replacement: surgical strategySiamak Mohammadi
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Institute of Cardiology, La Pitie Hospital, Paris, France
Ann Thorac Surg 79:147-52; discussion 152. 2005This study analyzes surgical approaches of 29 operations carried out for false aneurysms of the ascending aorta after prosthetic replacement (FAA) from January 1979 to April 2003, in 28 patients.
- Differential p53 engagement in response to oxidative and oncogenic stresses in Fanconi anemia miceReena Rani
Division of Experimental Hematology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Cancer Res 68:9693-702. 2008..Here, we report that deficiency in the Fanca gene in mice elicits a p53-dependent growth arrest and DNA damage response to oxidative DNA damage and oncogenic ..
- Behavioural food anticipation in clock genes deficient mice: confirming old phenotypes, describing new phenotypesJ Mendoza
Institut de Neurosciences Cellulaires et Intégratives, Département de Neurobiologie des Rythmes, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UPR3212 associée à l Université de Strasbourg, France
Genes Brain Behav 9:467-77. 2010Animals fed daily at the same time exhibit circadian food-anticipatory activity (FAA), which has been suggested to be driven by one or several food-entrainable oscillators (FEOs)...
- Deficiency of an enzyme of tyrosine metabolism underlies altered gene expression in newborn liver of lethal albino miceS Ruppert
Institute of Cell and Tumor Biology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg
Genes Dev 6:1430-43. 1992..alf/hsdr-1 has been defined by physical mapping, we identified the gene encoding fumarylacetoacetate hydrolase (FAH), an enzyme of tyrosine metabolism. Lack of FAH activity should lead to accumulation of toxic tyrosine metabolites...
- Utilization of dipeptide/protein based diets in larval and juvenile Koi carp--post-prandial free amino acid levelsK Kwasek
School of Environment and Natural Resources, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 94:35-43. 2010..is based on synthetic dipeptides (PP) resulted in weight gain by rainbow trout alevins when free amino acid (FAA) based diets did not...
- Phenotypic correction of primary Fanconi anemia T cells with retroviral vectors as a diagnostic toolHelmut Hanenberg
Klinik für Pädiatrische Hämatologie und Onkologie, Zentrum fur Kinderheilkunde, Heinrich Heine Universitat, Dusseldorf, Germany
Exp Hematol 30:410-20. 2002..The aim of this study was to develop a rapid laboratory procedure that is capable of subtyping Fanconi anemia (FA) complementation groups FA-A, FA-C, FA-G, and FA-nonACG patients from a small amount of peripheral blood...
- Phosphorylation of Fanconi anemia protein, FANCA, is regulated by Akt kinaseTetsuya Otsuki
Department of Hematology, Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical School, Yakushiji 3311 1, Minamikawachi, Kawachi, Tochigi, 329 0498, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 291:628-34. 2002Phosphorylation of the Fanconi anemia complementation group A (FANCA) protein is thought to be important for the function of the FA pathway. However, the kinase for FANCA (so-called FANCA-PK) remains to be identified...
- Interaction between the helicases genetically linked to Fanconi anemia group J and Bloom's syndromeAvvaru N Suhasini
Laboratory of Molecular Gerontology, National Institute on Aging, NIH, NIH Biomedical Research Center, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
EMBO J 30:692-705. 2011..Collectively, the results suggest that FANCJ catalytic activity and its effect on BLM protein stability contribute to preservation of genomic stability and a normal response to replication stress...
- Origin, functional role, and clinical impact of Fanconi anemia FANCA mutationsMaria Castella
Genome Instability and DNA Repair Group, Department of Genetics and Microbiology, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Campus de Bellaterra s n, Barcelona, Spain
Blood 117:3759-69. 2011..To investigate the origin, functional role, and clinical impact of FANCA mutations, we determined a FANCA mutational spectrum with 130 pathogenic alleles...
- Daily food-anticipatory activity in golden shiners. A test of endogenous timing mechanismsS G Reebs
Departement de Biologie, Universite de Moncton, NB, E1A 3E9, Moncton, Canada
Physiol Behav 70:35-43. 2000..Almost all shoals showed food-anticipatory activity (FAA), that is, a gradual increase in locomotor activity near the feeder, starting on average 4.5 h before mealtime...
- Xeno-repopulation of Fah -/- Nod/Scid mice livers by human hepatocytesBaoliang Su
Department of Cell Biology, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, China
Sci China Life Sci 54:227-34. 2011..Significant levels of liver xeno-repopulation have been reported in Fah (-/-) Rag2 (-/-) Il2rg (-/-) mice...
- Identification and induction of cytochrome P450s involved in the metabolism of flavone-8-acetic acid in miceMinh Hien Pham
Université Paris Descartes Faculté des Sciences Pharmaceutiques et Biologiques Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Inserm U1022, Paris, F 75006 France
Drug Metab Lett 5:73-84. 2011The metabolism of flavone-8-acetic acid (FAA) has been hypothesized to be partly responsible for its potent anticancer activity in mice...
- The crosstalk between transforming growth factor-β1 and delta like-1 mediates early chondrogenesis during embryonic endochondral ossificationHanna Taipaleenmaki
Endocrine Research Laboratory KMEB, Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
Stem Cells 30:304-13. 2012Delta like-1 (Dlk1)/preadipocyte factor-1 (Pref-1)/fetal antigen-1 (FA1) is a novel surface marker for embryonic chondroprogenitor cells undergoing lineage progression from proliferation to prehypertrophic stages...
- Functional analysis of the putative peroxidase domain of FANCA, the Fanconi anemia complementation group A proteinJ Ren
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Genet Metab 72:54-60. 2001..defective in FA cells are not completely understood, a clue to the function of the FA group A gene product (FANCA) was provided by the detection of limited homology in the amino terminal region to a class of heme peroxidases...
- ISOLATION OF THE FANCONI ANEMIA NUCLEAR PROTEIN COMPLEXGary Kupfer; Fiscal Year: 2003..This work focuses on FA protein interactions. Preliminary data have shown that two FA proteins FANCA (Fanconi anemia complementation group A) and FANCC interact in a 500 kD nuclear complex, an interaction that is ..
- DNA REPAIR DEFECT IN FANCONI ANEMIA, GROUP AMURIEL LAMBERT; Fiscal Year: 2002The goal of this proposal is to delineate the relationship between the FAA and FAC gene products and the DNA repair defect in Fanconi anemia, complementation groups A (FA-A) and C (FA-C)...
- Role of FA protein complexes in hematopoiesisQishen Pang; Fiscal Year: 2009..forms a ternary complex with the PKR kinase and molecular chaperone Hsp70, and mutations in 3 major FA genes, FANCA, FANCC and FANCG, affect the structural integrity of the complex...
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF FANCONI'S ANEMIA C PROTEINSharon Plon; Fiscal Year: 2003..b>FANCA is homologous to peroxidases, interacts with FANCG, and functions in the nucleus...
- Gene therapy for Fanconi anemiaHans Peter Kiem; Fiscal Year: 2009..Thus, we propose to 1) complete preclinical studies of FANCA and FANCC lentiviral vectors in human FA cells and in FANCA-/- and FABCC-/- mice and optimize procedures for ..
- Gene therapy for Fanconi anemiaHans Peter Kiem; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus, we propose to 1) complete preclinical studies of FANCA and FANCC lentiviral vectors in human FA cells and in FANCA-/- and FABCC-/- mice and optimize procedures for ..
- FANCD2 Monoubiquitination in DNA Damage ResponsesPaul R Andreassen; Fiscal Year: 2010..FANCD2 monoubiquitination will be inhibited by shRNA-mediated suppression of FANCA. Also, mechanisms involved in the recruitment of FANCD2 to blocked replication forks will be elucidated using real-..
- FANCD2 Monoubiquitination in DNA Damage ResponsesPAUL ANDREASSEN; Fiscal Year: 2009..FANCD2 monoubiquitination will be inhibited by shRNA-mediated suppression of FANCA. Also, mechanisms involved in the recruitment of FANCD2 to blocked replication forks will be elucidated using real-..
- Gene Transfer of Hematopoietic Stem CellsChristopher Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our strategy is to isolate and transduce Fanconi anemia complementation group A (FANCA) and C (FANCC) knockout mice primitive stem cells...
- The Fanconi Anemia Core and D2 ComplexesGary Kupfer; Fiscal Year: 2009..The Kupfer laboratory has established that FA proteins such as FANCA and FANCG phosphorylated, that the FA core complex (composed of at least 5 FA proteins) localizes to at least 3 ..
- MOLECULAR PATHOGENESIS OF FANCONI ANEMIAALAN D ANDREA; Fiscal Year: 2003..We have recently demonstrated that the FAA and FAC proteins bind and form a nuclear complex, although the function of this complex remains unknown...
- FANCONI ANEMIA--ROLE OF THE C PROTEINMaureen Hoatlin; Fiscal Year: 2003..function of the FANCC protein, and functions of the proteins encoded by the other more recently cloned FA genes (FANCA and FANCG), the basic defect is still unknown...
- PHYSIOLOGICAL FACTORS IN HYPERTHERMIAChang Song; Fiscal Year: 1993..grown in different sites by various vasoactive agents such as hydralazine, nitroprusside, flavone acetic acid (FAA) and Interleukin-1 (IL-1)...