Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FADS2
Description: fatty acid desaturase 2
Alias: D6D, DES6, FADSD6, LLCDL2, SLL0262, TU13, fatty acid desaturase 2, acyl-CoA 6-desaturase, delta-6 fatty acid desaturase, delta-6-desaturase, linoleoyl-CoA desaturase (delta-6-desaturase)-like 2
Publications186 found, 100 shown here
- A gene map of the Best's vitelliform macular dystrophy region in chromosome 11q12-q13.1H Stohr
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Wurzburg, Germany
Genome Res 8:48-56. 1998..The GenBank/EMBL accession numbers and details of the isolation, localization, and characterization of ESTs and selected cDNAs are available as online supplements in Online Tables 1-3 at http://www.genome.org.]..
- Regulation of human delta-6 desaturase gene transcription: identification of a functional direct repeat-1 elementChongren Tang
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University, 6400 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge 70808, USA
J Lipid Res 44:686-95. 2003....
- Cloning, expression, and nutritional regulation of the mammalian Delta-6 desaturaseH P Cho
Program of Nutritional Sciences and the Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas Austin, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
J Biol Chem 274:471-7. 1999..The RNA abundance data indicate that prior conclusions regarding the low level of Delta-6 desaturase expression in nonhepatic tissues may need to be reevaluated...
- cDNA cloning, genomic structure, and chromosomal localization of three members of the human fatty acid desaturase familyA Marquardt
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, 97074, Germany
Genomics 66:175-83. 2000..4-Mb region in 11q12-q13.1, full-length fatty acid desaturase-1 (FADS1) and fatty acid desaturase-2 (FADS2) transcripts were obtained by EST sequence assembly...
- Common genetic variants of the FADS1 FADS2 gene cluster and their reconstructed haplotypes are associated with the fatty acid composition in phospholipidsLinda Schaeffer
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Institute of Epidemiology, 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 15:1745-56. 2006..We report strong associations between variants in the human delta-5 and delta-6 desaturase genes FADS1 FADS2 and fatty acid composition in serum phospholipids...
- Association of fatty acid desaturase genes with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderKeeley J Brookes
MRC Social Genetic Developmental Psychiatry Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, De Crespigny Park, Denmark Hill, London, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 60:1053-61. 2006....
- alpha-Linolenic acid, Delta6-desaturase gene polymorphism, and the risk of nonfatal myocardial infarctionAna Baylin
Department of Community Health, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 85:554-60. 2007Delta(6)-Desaturase (FADS2) is the rate-limiting step in the polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFA) biosynthetic pathway.
- SNPs of the FADS gene cluster are associated with polyunsaturated fatty acids in a cohort of patients with cardiovascular diseaseGiovanni Malerba
Department of Mother and Child, and Biology Genetics, Section of Biology and Genetics, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Lipids 43:289-99. 2008Polymorphisms of the human Delta-5 (FADS1) and Delta-6 (FADS2) desaturase genes have been recently described to be associated with the level of several long-chain n-3 and n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) in serum phospholipids...
- Evidence for an association between genetic variants of the fatty acid desaturase 1 fatty acid desaturase 2 ( FADS1 FADS2) gene cluster and the fatty acid composition of erythrocyte membranesPeter Rzehak
Institute of Epidemiology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Centre for Environmental Health, Neuherberg 85764, Germany
Br J Nutr 101:20-6. 2009..gives further evidence for the recently found association between variants of the fatty acid desaturase 1 fatty acid desaturase 2 (FADS1 FADS2) gene cluster and PUFA in blood phospholipids and explores this association for cellular ..
- FADS genotypes and desaturase activity estimated by the ratio of arachidonic acid to linoleic acid are associated with inflammation and coronary artery diseaseNicola Martinelli
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and the Section of Biology and Genetics, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Am J Clin Nutr 88:941-9. 2008The delta-5 and delta-6 desaturases, encoded by FADS1 and FADS2 genes, are key enzymes in polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFA) metabolism that catalyze the conversion of linoleic acid (LA) into arachidonic acid (AA) and that of alpha-..
- Genetic variants of the FADS1 FADS2 gene cluster are associated with altered (n-6) and (n-3) essential fatty acids in plasma and erythrocyte phospholipids in women during pregnancy and in breast milk during lactationLin Xie
Department of Nutrition and Food Hygiene, School of Public Health, Jilin University, Changchun, People s Republic of China
J Nutr 138:2222-8. 2008The enzymes encoded by fatty acid desaturase (FADS) 1 and FADS2 are rate-limiting enzymes in the desaturation of linoleic acid [LA; 18:2(n-6)] to arachidonic acid [ARA; 20:4(n-6)], and alpha-linolenic acid [ALA; 18:3(n-3)] to ..
- Genome-wide association study of plasma polyunsaturated fatty acids in the InCHIANTI StudyToshiko Tanaka
MedStar Research Institute, Baltimore, MD, USA
PLoS Genet 5:e1000338. 2009..for association was observed in a region of chromosome 11 that encodes three fatty acid desaturases (FADS1, FADS2, FADS3)...
- A common FADS2 promoter polymorphism increases promoter activity and facilitates binding of transcription factor ELK1E Lattka
Institute of Epidemiology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg Germany
J Lipid Res 51:182-91. 2010..two of the associated polymorphisms (rs3834458 and rs968567) and showed an influence of polymorphism rs968567 on FADS2 promoter activity by luciferase reporter gene assays...
- Genetic variants of the FADS1 FADS2 gene cluster as related to essential fatty acid metabolismEva Lattka
Institute of Epidemiology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Germany
Curr Opin Lipidol 21:64-9. 2010..sequences and chromosomal localization of the desaturase encoding genes fatty acid desaturase 1 and 2 (FADS1 and FADS2) opened the way for analyses of genetic factors as regulators of desaturase activity and LC-PUFA homeostasis...
- Do FADS genotypes enhance our knowledge about fatty acid related phenotypes?Eva Lattka
Institute of Epidemiology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Germany
Clin Nutr 29:277-87. 2010..an association between single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the two desaturase encoding genes (FADS1 and FADS2) and the concentration of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids...
- Role of FADS1 and FADS2 polymorphisms in polyunsaturated fatty acid metabolismClaudia Glaser
Division of Metabolic Diseases and Nutritional Medicine, Dr von Hauner Children s Hospital, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Metabolism 59:993-9. 2010..between variants in the human genes fatty acid desaturase 1 (FADS1, encoding Delta-5 desaturase) and fatty acid desaturase 2 (FADS2, encoding Delta-6 desaturase) and blood levels of PUFAs and long-chain PUFAs (LC-PUFAs) have been ..
- FADS1 FADS2 gene variants modify the association between fish intake and the docosahexaenoic acid proportions in human milkCarolina Moltó-Puigmartí
Department of Nutrition and Food Science, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Clin Nutr 91:1368-76. 2010The genes encoding Delta(5)- and Delta(6)-desaturases (FADS1 FADS2 gene cluster) were reported to be associated with n-3 (omega-3) and n-6 (omega-6) fatty acid proportions in human plasma, tissues, and milk...
- A single nucleotide polymorphism in the FADS1/FADS2 gene is associated with plasma lipid profiles in two genetically similar Asian ethnic groups with distinctive differences in lifestyleKazuhiro Nakayama
Division of Human Genetics, Center for Community Medicine, Jichi Medical University, 3311 1 Yakushiji, Shimotsuke, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Hum Genet 127:685-90. 2010Recent genome-wide association studies (GWASs) showed that single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in FADS1/FADS2 were associated with plasma lipid concentrations in populations with European ancestry...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms in the FADS gene cluster are associated with delta-5 and delta-6 desaturase activities estimated by serum fatty acid ratiosSzilvia Bokor
INSERM U744, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Univ Lille Nord de France, UDSL, 59019 Lille, France
J Lipid Res 51:2325-33. 2010Genetic variability in the FADS1-FADS2 gene cluster [encoding delta-5 (D5D) and delta-6 (D6D) desaturases] has been associated with plasma long-chain PUFA (LCPUFA) and lipid levels in adults...
- Dietary n-3 and n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acid intake interacts with FADS1 genetic variation to affect total and HDL-cholesterol concentrations in the Doetinchem Cohort StudyYingchang Lu
Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University Research Center, Wageningen, Netherlands
Am J Clin Nutr 92:258-65. 2010The delta-5 and delta-6 desaturases, encoded by the FADS1 and FADS2 genes, are rate-limiting enzymes in polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFA) biosynthesis...
- Genetic variation in lipid desaturases and its impact on the development of human diseaseDiana M Merino
University of Guelph, Department of Human Health and Nutritional Sciences, Guelph N1G 2W1, Canada
Lipids Health Dis 9:63. 2010..This review will highlight the current state-of-knowledge regarding three desaturases (Scd-1, Fads1 and Fads2) and their potential roles in disease onset and development...
- Variants of the FADS1 FADS2 gene cluster, blood levels of polyunsaturated fatty acids and eczema in children within the first 2 years of lifePeter Rzehak
Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Institute of Epidemiology, Neuherberg, Germany
PLoS ONE 5:e13261. 2010Association of genetic-variants in the FADS1-FADS2-gene-cluster with fatty-acid-composition in blood of adult-populations is well established. We analyze this genetic-association in two children-cohort-studies...
- Erythrocyte membrane phospholipid fatty acids, desaturase activity, and dietary fatty acids in relation to risk of type 2 diabetes in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC)-Potsdam StudyJanine Kröger
Department of Molecular Epidemiology, German Institute of Human Nutrition Potsdam Rehbrucke, Nuthetal, Germany
Am J Clin Nutr 93:127-42. 2011..The long-term role of fatty acids (FAs) in the cause of diabetes remains largely unclear...
- FADS gene polymorphisms in Koreans: association with ω6 polyunsaturated fatty acids in serum phospholipids, lipid peroxides, and coronary artery diseaseJung Hyun Kwak
Interdisciplinary Course of Science for Aging, Yonsei University, Seoul, South Korea
Atherosclerosis 214:94-100. 2011..We investigated the association of polymorphisms in FADS genes with polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) in serum phospholipids, lipid peroxides, and coronary artery disease (CAD) in Koreans...
- Genetic variants of the fatty acid desaturase gene cluster predict amounts of red blood cell docosahexaenoic and other polyunsaturated fatty acids in pregnant women: findings from the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and ChildrenBerthold Koletzko
Department of Pediatrics, Dr von Hauner Children s Hospital, University of Munich Medical Center, Munich, Germany
Am J Clin Nutr 93:211-9. 2011..Polymorphisms in the desaturase encoding genes FADS1 and FADS2 have been associated with several n-6 (omega-6) and n-3 (omega-3) FAs and especially with arachidonic acid (AA) ..
- Polymorphisms in FADS1 and FADS2 alter desaturase activity in young Caucasian and Asian adultsDiana M Merino
University of Guelph, Department of Human Health and Nutritional Sciences, Guelph, Canada N1G 2W1
Mol Genet Metab 103:171-8. 2011Recent evidence indicates that genetic variation in fatty acid desaturases 1 and 2 (FADS1 and FADS2) is associated with changes in plasma fatty acid profiles; however, the association with altered desaturase activity has not been ..
- FADS gene variants modulate the effect of dietary fatty acid intake on allergic diseases in childrenM Standl
Institute of Epidemiology I, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Munich, Germany
Clin Exp Allergy 41:1757-66. 2011..The association between dietary fatty acid intake and the development of atopic diseases has been inconsistent. This could be due to inter-individual genetic differences in fatty acid metabolism...
- FADS1 FADS2 gene cluster, PUFA intake and blood lipids in children: results from the GINIplus and LISAplus studiesMarie Standl
Institute of Epidemiology I, Helmholtz Zentrum München German Research Centre for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e37780. 2012..Our aim was to investigate whether lipid levels are determined by the FADS genotype already in children and whether this association interacts with dietary intake of n-3 fatty acids...
- Genetic variation at the FADS1-FADS2 gene locus influences delta-5 desaturase activity and LC-PUFA proportions after fish oil supplementMaryam Al-Hilal
Diabetes and Nutritional Sciences Division, School of Medicine, Kingrsquos College London, London SE1 9NH, United Kingdom
J Lipid Res 54:542-51. 2013..n = 310), genotypes of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) rs174537, rs174561, and rs3834458 in the FADS1-FADS2 gene cluster were strongly associated with proportions of LC-PUFAs and desaturase activities estimated in plasma ..
- Dietary oils and FADS1-FADS2 genetic variants modulate [13C]α-linolenic acid metabolism and plasma fatty acid compositionLeah G Gillingham
Richardson Centre for Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Am J Clin Nutr 97:195-207. 2013Desaturation of dietary α-linolenic acid (ALA) to omega-3 (n-3) long-chain fatty acids (FAs) is mediated through FA desaturases (FADS1-FADS2) and may be influenced by dietary FA composition.
- Variation in the FADS1/2 gene cluster alters plasma n-6 PUFA and is weakly associated with hsCRP levels in healthy young adultsKaitlin Roke
Department of Human Health and Nutritional Sciences, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON, Canada N1G 2W1 Electronic address
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 89:257-63. 2013....
- Moderation of breastfeeding effects on the IQ by genetic variation in fatty acid metabolismAvshalom Caspi
Medical Research Council Social, Genetic, and Developmental Psychiatry Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London SE5 8AF, England
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:18860-5. 2007..Here we show that the association between breastfeeding and IQ is moderated by a genetic variant in FADS2, a gene involved in the genetic control of fatty acid pathways...
- Does genetic variation in the Delta6-desaturase promoter modify the association between alpha-linolenic acid and the prevalence of metabolic syndrome?Hong Truong
Division of Biology and Medicine, Brown University, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 89:920-5. 2009..The Delta(6)-desaturase enzyme converts ALA into EPA and DHA, and genetic variation in the Delta(6)-desaturase gene (FADS2) may affect this conversion.
- Production of gamma-linolenic acid in Pichia pastoris by Expression of a delta-6 desaturase gene from Cunninghamella echinulataXia Wan
Oil Crops Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, 430062 Wuhan, P R China
J Microbiol Biotechnol 19:1098-102. 2009..These results reveal that the modification of the fatty acid biosynthetic pathway by genetic manipulation in order to produce specific polyunsaturated fatty acids in P. pastoris is a promising technique...
- [Identification of Mortieralla isabellina M6-22 delta 6-fatty acid desaturase by heterologous expression in Saccharomyces cerevisiae]L Liu
Department of Microbiology, Nankai University, Tianjin 300071, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 41:397-401. 2001..69% of the total yeast fatty acid by GC-MS detection. It is the first report about expression of M. isabellina D6D gene in S. cerevisiae.
- Fatty acid desaturase regulation in adipose tissue by dietary composition is independent of weight loss and is correlated with the plasma triacylglycerol responseLara M Mangravite
Children s Hospital Oakland Research Institute, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 86:759-67. 2007..Atherogenic dyslipidemia associated with elevated plasma triacylglycerol concentrations and reduced HDL is improved by both caloric restriction and reduced carbohydrate consumption...
- Borage oil in the treatment of atopic dermatitisRachel H Foster
School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, The University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Nutrition 26:708-18. 2010..Which patients are likely to respond cannot yet be identified. Borage oil is well tolerated in the short term but no long-term tolerability data are available...
- Identification and functional analysis of the genes encoding Delta6-desaturase from Ribes nigrumLi Ying Song
Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Datun Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100101, China
J Exp Bot 61:1827-38. 2010....
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids in school children in relation to allergy and serum IgE levelsG Yu
Department of Health and Environment, Linkoping University, Sweden
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 9:133-8. 1998..65, P = 0.001). The findings could not confirm an impaired delta-6-desaturase activity in allergic school children and suggest that a disturbance of LCP metabolism is associated with allergic diseases...
- Gamma-linolenic acid and tocopherol contents in the seed oil of 47 accessions from several Ribes speciesF D Goffman
Institute of Agronomy and Plant Breeding, Georg August University of, Von Siebold Strasse 8, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 49:349-54. 2001..rubrum showed mean gamma-linolenic acid contents of 8% and 6.2%, respectively. The present study indicated that seeds of Ribes species, especially R. nigrum, could be used as sources of gamma-linolenic acid and natural vitamin E...
- Dietary fish oil n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and alpha-linolenic acid differently affect brain accretion of docosahexaenoic acid and expression of desaturases and sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1 in miceHaiyan Zhu
Clinical Nutrition Center, Beijing Pediatric Research Institute, Beijing Children s Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing 100045, China
J Nutr Biochem 21:954-60. 2010..Furthermore, the expressions of delta-6 desaturase (D6D) and sterol regulatory element binding protein 1 (SREBP-1) in the liver were down-regulated by all fish oil diets ..
- [Polyunsaturated fatty acid biogenesis is impaired in spontaneously hypertensive rat in relation to the pathogenesis of hypertension]M Narce
, EA DGRT 1867, , Dijon
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 89:1025-8. 1996..Those impaired desaturase activities increased with the age of rats: delta 6 desaturase activity was 43, 70 and 61% lower in the 7, 9 and 13 week-old SHR, respectively; delta 5 desaturase activity ..
- Identification and functional characterization of the delta 6-fatty acid desaturase gene from Thamnidium elegansDepei Wang
Tianjin Key Laboratory of Microbial Functional Genomics, Department of Microbiology, Nankai University, 300071 Tianjin, China
J Eukaryot Microbiol 54:110-7. 2007..Accumulation of gamma-linolenic acid to the level of 6.83% in total fatty acid demonstrated that the deduced amino acid sequence possesses of delta 6-fatty acid desaturase activity...
- Associations between estimated fatty acid desaturase activities in serum lipids and adipose tissue in humans: links to obesity and insulin resistanceEva Warensjo
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Lipids Health Dis 8:37. 2009..16:1n-7/16:0; SCD-16 and 18:1n-9/18:0; SCD-18, respectively), delta-6-desaturase (20:3n-6/18:2n-6; D6D) and delta-5-desaturase (20:4n-6/20:3n-6; D5D)...
- Activity and mRNA abundance of Delta-5 and Delta-6 fatty acid desaturases in two human cell linesR J de Antueno
QuantaNova Canada Ltd, P O Box 818, B4N 4H8, Kentville, N S, Canada
FEBS Lett 491:247-51. 2001....
- Acetyl-CoA carboxylase and stearoyl-CoA desaturase protein expression in subcutaneous adipose tissue is reduced in pigs selected for decreased backfat thickness at constant intramuscular fat contentA Canovas
IRTA, Genetica i Millora Animal, 191 Rovira Roure, 25198 Lleida, Spain
J Anim Sci 87:3905-14. 2009..48, P < 0.05). Intramuscular fat content did not correlate with ACC or Delta6d protein expression (P = 0.23 and P = 0.80, respectively). We conclude that SCD might be an effective potential biomarker for intramuscular fat deposition...
- Phylogenetic structures of the genus Acinetobacter based on gyrB sequences: comparison with the grouping by DNA-DNA hybridizationS Yamamoto
Marine Biotechnology Institute, Kamaishi Laboratories, Kamaishi City, Japan
Int J Syst Bacteriol 49:87-95. 1999..tree showed linkages between genomic species 1 (Acinetobacter calcoaceticus), 2 (Acinetobacter baumannii), 3 and TU13; genomic species 6, BJ15, BJ16 and BJ17; genomic species 5, BJ13 (synonym of TU14) and BJ14; genomic species 7 (..
- Biosynthesis of oleic, arachidonic and docosahexaenoic acids from their C18 precursors in the yolk sac membrane of the avian embryoBrian K Speake
Lipid Laboratory, Avian Science Research Centre, SAC, Auchincruive, Ayr KA6 5HW, Scotland, UK
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 138:407-14. 2004....
- Regulation of FADS2 expression and activity in European sea bass (Dicentrarchus labrax, L.) fed a vegetable dietF Geay
UMR, IFREMER, Technopole Brest Iroise, Plouzane, France
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 156:237-43. 2010..Whilst VD induced a significant increase in fatty acid desaturase 2 (FADS2) and sterol binding regulatory element-binding protein 1 (SREBP-1) mRNA levels, the desaturation ..
- Comparative studies of the Acinetobacter genus and the species identification method based on the recA sequencesB Krawczyk
Department of Microbiology, Technical University of Gdansk, Poland
Mol Cell Probes 16:1-11. 2002..between genomic species 1 (Acinetobacter calcoaceticus), 2 (Acinetobacter baumannii), 3, 'between 1 and 3', TU13 and 'close to TU13'; genomic species 4, 6, BJ13, BJ14, BJ15, BJ16 and BJ17; genomic species 7 (Acinetobacter ..
- Dietary modulation of fatty acid profiles and oxidative status of rat hepatocyte nodules: effect of different n-6/n-3 fatty acid ratiosS Abel
Medical Research Council, Tygerberg, South Africa
Lipids 39:963-76. 2004..Modulation of cancer development with low n-6/n-3 ratio diets containing specific dietary FA could be a promising tool in cancer intervention in the liver...
- Effects of saturated and unsaturated fatty acids on estimated desaturase activities during a controlled dietary interventionEva Warensjo
Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism, Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 18:683-90. 2008..Data on how the markers of desaturase activities are modified by changes in dietary fat quality are lacking and therefore warrant examination...
- Disruption of the fatty acid Delta6-desaturase gene in the oil-producing fungus Mortierella isabellina by homologous recombinationXuewei Zhang
College of Life Science, Nankai University, 300071, Tianjin, People s Republic of China
Curr Microbiol 55:128-34. 2007..The morphology and physiology of the mutant, such as colony shape, color, and growth rate, were changed dramatically compared with that of strain M. isabellina 6-22-4...
- Elevated delta-6 desaturase (FADS2) expression in the postmortem prefrontal cortex of schizophrenic patients: relationship with fatty acid compositionYanhong Liu
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45267, United States
Schizophr Res 109:113-20. 2009..Here we determined Delta5 desaturase (FADS1), Delta6 desaturase (FADS2), elongase (HELO1 [ELOVL5]), peroxisomal (PEX19), and Delta9 desaturase (stearoyl-CoA desaturase, SCD) mRNA ..
- Maternal dietary alpha-linolenic acid (18:3n-3) alters n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid metabolism and liver enzyme activity in hatched chicksG Cherian
Department of Animal Sciences, Oregon State University, Corvallis 97331 6702, USA
Poult Sci 80:901-5. 2001..4 and 82.8 pmol/min per mg of protein, respectively (P < 0.05). These results demonstrate the role of maternal and yolk n-3 fatty acids in modulating the activity of rate-limiting enzymes for PUFA synthesis in hatched chicks...
- Dietary fatty acid supplementation modulates the urinary excretion of calcium and oxalate in the rat. Insight into calcium lithogenesisBruno Baggio
Department of Medical Surgery Sciences, Policlinico Universitario, University of Padua, Via Giustiniani 2, I 35120 Padua, Italy
Nephron 91:486-91. 2002....
- Gene regulation of mammalian desaturasesM T Nakamura
Food Science and Human Nutrition, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 905 S Goodwin Avenue, 61801, USA
Biochem Soc Trans 30:1076-9. 2002..Delta-6 Desaturase (D6D) and Delta-5 desaturase (D5D) are the key enzymes for the synthesis of highly unsaturated fatty acids (HUFAs), such ..
- Genetic modification of essential fatty acids biosynthesis in Hansenula polymorphaKobkul Laoteng
Biochemical Engineering and Pilot Plant Research and Development Unit, National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, King Mongkut s University of Technology Thonburi, Bangkhuntien, Bangkok 10150, Thailand
FEMS Microbiol Lett 245:169-78. 2005..In addition to the potential application for manipulating the fatty acid profile, this study provides an attractive model system of H. polymorpha for investigating the deviation of fatty acid metabolism in eukaryotes...
- Prostate tumor growth can be modulated by dietarily targeting the 15-lipoxygenase-1 and cyclooxygenase-2 enzymesUddhav P Kelavkar
Division of Hematology Oncology and Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Neoplasia 11:692-9. 2009....
- Transcriptome profiling of the feeding-to-fasting transition in chicken liverColette Désert
INRA, UMR 598, Génétique Animale, F 35000 Rennes, France
BMC Genomics 9:611. 2008..The present study aimed to describe the evolution of global gene expression profiles in liver of 4-week-old male chickens during a 48 h fasting period using a chicken 20 K oligoarray...
- Hypermethylation of Fads2 and altered hepatic fatty acid and phospholipid metabolism in mice with hyperhomocysteinemiaAngela M Devlin
Nutrition Research Program, Department of Pediatrics, Child and Family Research Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver V6H 3N1, Canada
J Biol Chem 282:37082-90. 2007..acid to arachidonic acid and docosahexaenoic acid, respectively, is catalyzed by Delta6-desaturase (encoded by Fads2). We found hypermethylation of the Fads2 promoter (p<0.01), lower Fads2 mRNA (p<0...
- Delta6-desaturase sequence evidence for explosive Pliocene radiations within the adaptive radiation of Macaronesian Echium (Boraginaceae)Federico García-Maroto
Area de Bioquímica, Universidad de Almeria, Campus de la Cañada, 04120 Almeria, Spain
Mol Phylogenet Evol 52:563-74. 2009..Maintenance of woodiness in major lineages, and reversal to an herbaceous condition by three independent events, is reported for the first time in plants of oceanic islands...
- delta(6)-desaturase of Mucor rouxii with high similarity to plant delta(6)-desaturase and its heterologous expression in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeK Laoteng
Biochemical Engineering and Pilot Plant Research and Development Unit, National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology BIOTEC, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 279:17-22. 2000..Heterologous expression of the M. rouxii cDNA in Saccharomyces cerevisiae resulted in the synthesis and accumulation of GLA...
- Ontogenic effects of early feeding of sea bass (Dicentrarchus labrax) larvae with a range of dietary n-3 highly unsaturated fatty acid levels on the functioning of polyunsaturated fatty acid desaturation pathwaysMarie Vagner
UMR 1067 INRA Ifremer Bordeaux 1, IFREMER Centre de Brest, BP 70, Plouzane, France
Br J Nutr 101:1452-62. 2009..However, such nutritional conditioning had no significant effect on juvenile growth and lipid composition...
- Quantitation of alpha-linolenic acid elongation to eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acid as affected by the ratio of n6/n3 fatty acidsKerstin Harnack
Deutsche Forschungsanstalt fur Lebensmittelchemie, Lichtenbergstrasse 4, 85748 Garching, Germany
Nutr Metab (Lond) 6:8. 2009..Conversion of linoleic acid (LA) and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) to their higher chain homologues in humans depends on the ratio of ingested n6 and n3 fatty acids...
- Fermentation process development of recombinant Hansenula polymorpha for gamma-linolenic acid productionBhimabol Khongto
School of Bioresources and Technology, King Mongkut s University of Technology Thonburi, 83 Moo 8 Thakham, Bangkhuntien, Bangkok, 10150, Thailand
J Microbiol Biotechnol 20:1555-62. 2010..08 /h. Interestingly, the fatty acid profile of the yeast recombinant bearing the Mucor delta 6-desaturase gene was similar to that of blackcurrant oil with both containing similar proportions of n-3 and n-6 essential fatty acids...
- The effect of gamma-linolenic acid on plasma and membrane lipids and renal prostaglandin synthesis in older subjectsA Hornych
Broussais Hospital, Paris, France
Bratisl Lek Listy 103:101-7. 2002..Epogam treatment also increased the biosynthesis of renal prostaglandins, especially that of prostaglandin E2, which has a vasodilatory effect on vessel walls and reduces the elevated blood pressure...
- Linoleic acid metabolite levels and transepidermal water loss in children with atopic dermatitisChiung Hui Yen
Department of Pediatrics, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 100:66-73. 2008..It has been suggested that atopic dermatitis (AD) is associated with impaired delta-6 desaturase activity and the subsequent altered composition of n-6 essential fatty acids (EFAs)...
- [Blood deficiency values of polyunsaturated fatty acids of phospholipids, vitamin E and glutathione peroxidase as possible risk factors in the onset and development of acquired immunodeficiency syndrome]S Passi
Istituto Dermatologico Santa Maria e San Gallicano, Roma
G Ital Dermatol Venereol 125:125-30. 1990..It is likely that the reduction of PUFA-PL is due to an inhibition of hepatic microsomal desaturase enzymes (delta 6 desaturase, delta 5 desaturase, delta 4 desaturase) which are involved in both n-6 and n-3 pathways...
- Isolation of a delta 6-desaturase gene from the cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp. strain PCC 6803 by gain-of-function expression in Anabaena sp. strain PCC 7120A S Reddy
Department of Biology, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843
Plant Mol Biol 22:293-300. 1993..Expression of Synechocystis delta 6- and delta 12-desaturases in Synechococcus, a cyanobacterium deficient in both desaturases, resulted in the production of linoleic acid and gamma-linolenic acid...
- Fatty acid unsaturation in the red alga Porphyridium cruentum. Is the methylene interrupted nature of polyunsaturated fatty acids an intrinsic property of the desaturases?Z Cohen
Laboratory for Microalgal Biotechnology, Jacob Blaustein Institute for Desert Research, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
Biochim Biophys Acta 1344:59-64. 1997....
- Metabolism and functions of highly unsaturated fatty acids: an updateM T Nakamura
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Lipids 36:961-4. 2001..Following the cloning of mammalian Delta6-desaturase (D6D), the D6D mRNA was found in many tissues, including adult brain, maternal organs, and fetal tissue, suggesting an ..
- Mutation study of conserved amino acid residues of Spirulina delta 6-acyl-lipid desaturase showing involvement of histidine 313 in the regioselectivity of the enzymeApiradee Hongsthong
Biochemical Engineering and Pilot Plant Research and Development Unit, National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, King Mongkut s University of Technology Thonburi Bangkhuntien, Bangkhuntien, 10150 Bangkok, Thailand
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 66:74-84. 2004....
- Fatty acid composition of serum lipids predicts the development of the metabolic syndrome in menE Warensjo
Section of Clinical Nutrition Research, Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Uppsala University, P O Box 609, 751 25 Uppsala, Sweden
Diabetologia 48:1999-2005. 2005..It is not known whether alterations of fatty acid composition or desaturase activities predict metabolic syndrome...
- Essential fatty acid deficiency induces fatty acid desaturase expression in rat epididymis, but not in testisThomas Saether
Andrology Laboratory, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Medical Biochemistry, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, N 0027 Oslo, Norway
Reproduction 133:467-77. 2007..In the sexually mature testis none of the desaturases (SCD1, SCD2, D5D, or D6D) are induced in response to lowered contents of polyunsaturated FAs...
- Cloning and molecular characterisation of a Delta8-sphingolipid-desaturase from Nicotiana tabacum closely related to Delta6-acyl-desaturasesFederico García-Maroto
Area de Bioquímica, Facultad de Ciencias Experimentales, Universidad de Almeria, 04120, Almeria, Spain
Plant Mol Biol 64:241-50. 2007..These data indicate that NTDXDES represent a novel desaturase gene placed in a different evolutionary lineage to that of previously characterised Delta(8)-desaturases...
- Competition between 24:5n-3 and ALA for Delta 6 desaturase may limit the accumulation of DHA in HepG2 cell membranesRoxanne Portolesi
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
J Lipid Res 48:1592-8. 2007The use of Delta 6 desaturase (D6D) twice in the conversion of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA; 18:3n-3) to docosahexaenoic acid (DHA; 22:6n-3) suggests that this enzyme may play a key regulatory role in the synthesis and accumulation of DHA ..
- An alternate pathway to long-chain polyunsaturates: the FADS2 gene product Delta8-desaturates 20:2n-6 and 20:3n-3Woo Jung Park
Division of Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
J Lipid Res 50:1195-202. 2009The mammalian Delta6-desaturase coded by fatty acid desaturase 2 (FADS2; HSA11q12-q13.1) catalyzes the first and rate-limiting step for the biosynthesis of long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids...
- Gamma-linolenic acid inhibits inflammatory responses by regulating NF-kappaB and AP-1 activation in lipopolysaccharide-induced RAW 264.7 macrophagesCheng Sue Chang
Department of Neurology, Changhua Christian Hospital, Changhua City, Changhua County, Taiwan
Inflammation 33:46-57. 2010..Our data suggest that GLA inhibits inflammatory responses through inactivation of NF-kappaB and AP-1 by suppressed oxidative stress and signal transduction pathway of ERK and JNK in LPS-induced RAW 264.7 macrophages...
- [The role of zinc in the treatment of hyperactivity disorder in children]Katarina Dodig-Curković
University Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University Department of Psychiatry, Osijek University Hospital, Osijek, Croatia
Acta Med Croatica 63:307-13. 2009..The improvement achieved in ADHD children with the use of zinc sulfate appears to confirm the role of zinc deficiency in the etiopathogenesis of ADHD. Additional studies are needed to identify the real and efficient dose of zinc...
- Docosahexaenoic acid content in plasma phospholipids and desaturase indices in obese childrenEmiko Saito
Department of Pediatrics, Tokyo Metropolitan Hiroo Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 18:345-50. 2011..Desaturating enzymes, stearoyl-CoA desaturase (SCD), delta-6 desaturase (D6D) and delta-5 desaturase (D5D) modulate fatty acid composition and are thus associated with the development of ..
- [A case-control study between gene polymorphisms of polyunsaturated fatty acids metabolic rate-limiting enzymes and paranoid schizophrenia of Han ethnicity in Jilin Province]Dejia Xia
School of Public Health, Jilin University, Changchun 130021, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 40:154-7. 2011To investigate an association between gene polymorphisms of FADS 1 (fatty acid desaturase 1) , FADS2 (fatty acid desaturase 2) and ELOVL2 (elongation of very long chain fatty acids (FEN1/ Elo2, SUR4/Elo3, yeast) -like 2) and paranoid ..
- Production of γ-linolenic acid using a novel heterologous expression system in the oleaginous yeast Lipomyces kononenkoaePing Wang
Oil Crops Research Institute of Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, 430062 Wuhan, People s Republic of China
Biotechnol Lett 33:1993-8. 2011..A delta 6-fatty acid desaturase gene (D6DM) from Cunninghamella echinulata MIAN6 was then expressed in this strain. The recombinant strain accumulated about 1.2% γ-linolenic acid in the total fatty acids...
- Total dietary fat and fatty acid content modifies plasma phospholipid fatty acids, desaturase activity indices, and urinary prostaglandin E in womenSusan K Raatz
ARS, USDA, Human Nutrition Research Center, Grand Forks, ND 58203, USA
Nutr Res 32:1-7. 2012..40% fat) and that these changes would be associated with alterations in δ5 desaturase (D5D) and δ6 desaturase (D6D) activity...
- Effect of sex hormones on n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid biosynthesis in HepG2 cells and in human primary hepatocytesCharlene M Sibbons
Academic Unit of Human Development and Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 90:47-54. 2014..Progesterone, but not 17α-ethynylestradiol or testosterone, increased FADS2, FADS1, ELOVl 5 and ELOVl 2 mRNA expression in HepG2 cells, but only FADS2 in primary human hepatocytes...
- Brain white matter development is associated with a human-specific haplotype increasing the synthesis of long chain fatty acidsBart D Peters
Division of Psychiatry Research, Zucker Hillside Hospital, Glen Oaks, New York 11004, Campbell Family Mental Health Institute, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Ontario M5T 1R8, Canada, Institute of Medical Science, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada, Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5T 1R8, Canada, Center for Psychiatric Neuroscience, Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Manhasset, New York 11030, and Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, School of Applied Sciences, University of Mississippi, University, Mississippi 38766
J Neurosci 34:6367-76. 2014..05). These findings suggest that LC-PUFAs are involved in human brain WM development from childhood into adulthood. This haplotype and LC-PUFAs may play a role in myelin-related disorders of neurodevelopmental origin...
- Activation of ATP citrate lyase by mTOR signal induces disturbed lipid metabolism in hepatitis B virus pre-S2 mutant tumorigenesisChiao Fang Teng
National Institute of Infectious Diseases and Vaccinology, National Health Research Institutes, Tainan, Taiwan
J Virol 89:605-14. 2015..regulatory element binding transcription factor 1 (SREBF1) to upregulate ACLY, which then activated the fatty acid desaturase 2 (FADS2), mediated through ACLY-dependent histone acetylation...
- Genomic structural analysis of porcine fatty acid desaturase cluster on chromosome 2Masaaki Taniguchi
Animal Genome Research Unit, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Tsukuba, Ibaraki
Anim Sci J 86:369-77. 2015..The genomic structure of FADS family in mammals consists of three isoforms FADS1, FADS2 and FADS3. However, porcine FADS cluster in the latest pig genome assembly (Sscrofa 10...
- Altered hepatic gene expression in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease is associated with lower hepatic n-3 and n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acidsBianca M Arendt
Toronto General Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto, ON, Canada
Hepatology 61:1565-78. 2015..This may be related to overexpression of FADS1, FADS2, and PNPLA3...
- Influence of the cis-9, cis-12 and cis-15 double bond position in octadecenoic acid (18:1) isomers on the rat FADS2-catalyzed Δ6-desaturationVincent Rioux
Laboratoire de Biochimie Nutrition Humaine, Agrocampus Ouest INRA, USC 1378, 35000 Rennes, France Electronic address
Chem Phys Lipids 187:10-9. 2015..acids are well described substrates of the Δ6-desaturase encoded by the mammalian fatty acid desaturase 2 (FADS2) gene...
- Long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid status in obesity: a systematic review and meta-analysisK Fekete
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Chemistry, University of Pecs, Pecs, Hungary
Obes Rev 16:488-97. 2015..The results of the present meta-analysis confirm that LCPUFA profile is altered in obesity and suggest that the differences observed in desaturase activities may be responsible for the disturbed LCPUFA metabolism in obesity...
- Effects of dietary inulin on bacterial growth, short-chain fatty acid production and hepatic lipid metabolism in gnotobiotic miceKarolin Weitkunat
German Institute of Human Nutrition in Potsdam Rehbruecke Group of Physiology of Energy Metabolism, Arthur Scheunert Allee 114 116, 14558 Nuthetal, Germany
J Nutr Biochem 26:929-37. 2015..in lipogenesis (Fasn, Gpam) and fatty acid elongation/desaturation (Scd1, Elovl3, Elovl6, Elovl5, Fads1 and Fads2) were decreased in inulin-fed animals...
- Genetic variation in FADS genes is associated with maternal long-chain PUFA status but not with cognitive development of infants in a high fish-eating observational studyAlison J Yeates
The Northern Ireland Centre for Food and Health NICHE, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Coleraine, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 102:13-20. 2015..diet, or synthesized endogenously from precursor PUFA by Δ-5 (encoded by FADS1) and Δ-6 desaturases (encoded by FADS2)...
- The impact of fatty acid desaturase genotype on fatty acid status and cardiovascular health in adultsColette M O'Neill
Department of Nutrition and Preventive Medicine, Norwich Medical School, BCRE, University of East Anglia, James Watson Road, Norwich NR4 7UQ, UK
Proc Nutr Soc . 2016..5 and Δ-6 desaturase enzymes, encoded for by FADS1 and FADS2 genes, are key desaturation enzymes involved in the bioconversion of essential fatty acids (αLNA and linoleic ..
- Dietary linseed oil in the maternal diet affects immunoglobulins, tissue fatty acid composition and expression of lipid metabolism-related genes in pigletsX L Chen
Institute of Animal Nutrition, Northeast Agricultural University, Harbin, China
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) . 2016..05). Correspondingly, the mRNA expression levels of hepatic ∆5-desaturase (D5D) and ∆6-desaturase (D6D) were higher, and fatty acid synthase (FAS) was lower in piglets from LSO-fed sows when compared with that in the ..
- Diurnal variations in polyunsaturated fatty acid contents and expression of genes involved in their de novo synthesis in pigsXihong Zhou
Key Laboratory of Agro ecological Processes in Subtropical Region, Institute of Subtropical Agriculture, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Changsha, Hunan 410125, China National Engineering Laboratory for Pollution Control and Waste Utilization in Livestock and Poultry Production, Changsha, Hunan 410125, China Hunan Provincial Engineering Research Center for Healthy Livestock and Poultry Production, Changsha, Hunan 410125, China Scientific Observing and Experimental Station of Animal Nutrition and Feed Science in South Central, Ministry of Agriculture, Changsha, Hunan 410125, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun . 2016..These findings have important physiological and pathophysiological implications, since long chain PUFA are essential for cell function and closely involved in the development of metabolic syndrome...
- Perspectives on alcohol consumption: liver polyunsaturated fatty acids and essential fatty acid metabolismRobert J Pawlosky
Division of Intramural Clinical and Biological Research, National Institutes of Health, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, National Institutes of Health, 5625 Fishers Lane, Room 3C 07, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Alcohol 34:27-33. 2004..A hypothesis to rationalize the long-term effects of alcohol consumption on liver PUFA concentration that takes into consideration the effect of ethanol on essential fatty acid metabolism is presented...
- The interaction between intestinal fatty acid-binding protein 2 polymorphism and delta-6 desaturase activity in obese childrenTomoo Okada
Am J Clin Nutr 87:1066-7; author reply 1067. 2008
- Genetic variation in FADS genes and plasma cholesterol levels in 2-year-old infants: KOALA Birth Cohort StudyCarolina Moltó-Puigmartí
Department of Epidemiology, CAPHRI School for Public Health and Primary Care, Maastricht University Medical Centre, Maastricht, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 8:e61671. 2013Single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in genes involved in fatty acid metabolism (FADS1 FADS2 gene cluster) are associated with plasma lipid levels...
- Functional validation of GWAS gene candidates for abnormal liver function during zebrafish liver developmentLeah Y Liu
Genetics Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dis Model Mech 6:1271-8. 2013..mapk10) decreased expression of hepatic progenitor cells, whereas knockdown of eight genes (pnpla3, cpn1, trib1, fads2, slc2a2, pklr, mapk10 and samm50) decreased cell-specific hepatocyte expression...
- The surprising diversity of Delta6-desaturase substratesH Guillou
Laboratoire de Biochimie, INRA ENSA, 65 rue de Saint Brieuc, CS84215, 35042 Rennes Cedex, France
Biochem Soc Trans 32:86-7. 2004A single gene encoding a Delta6-desaturase (FADS2) has been isolated and characterized in mammalian species. This Delta6-desaturase plays a major role in the biosynthesis of PUFAs (polyunsaturated fatty acids)...
- OBINNA UMUNAKWE; Fiscal Year: 2015..are a consequence of altered PUFA metabolism in CF, including increased expression and activity of ?6-desaturase (D6D)...
- BENJAMIN ALEXANDER RABY; Fiscal Year: 2015..chromosome 17q locus (that includes the genes ZPBP2, GSDMB and ORMDL3);the Fatty Acid Desaturase locus (FADS1 &FADS2);the N-acetyl galactosaminidase (NAGA) locus, and the factor XIII A subunit (F13A1) locus...
- LINOLEIC ACID METABOLISM AND COLON CARCINOGENESISImad Shureiqi; Fiscal Year: 2005..This work will set the stage for future animals and clinical studies of LA alternative pathway modulation as means of colon cancer chemoprevention. ..
- VASCULAR DISEASE IN DIABETIC NEUROPATHYMark Yorek; Fiscal Year: 2003..In summary, these studies will provide us with a better understanding of the etiology of DN and improved treatments for preventing the diabetes-induced changes in vascular and neural function. ..
- PHOSPHOLIPID METABOLISM IN DIABETIC NEUROPATHYJoseph Eichberg; Fiscal Year: 2001..The enzymes will include Mn superoxide dismutase, glutathione peroxidase and catalase. The impact of Vit E supplementation and imposition of a Vit E deficiency on expression and activity of the enzymes will also be examined. ..
- Genetic Predictors of Comorbid Depressive Symptoms + CADJeanne McCaffery; Fiscal Year: 2005..5HTT), mediating serotonin-induced platelet aggregation; and 3) the genes that code for delta-6 desaturase (FADS2) and delta-5 desaturase (FADS1), essential to omega-3 fatty acid metabolism...
- Lipidomics Session ISSFAL 2006JAMES BRENNA; Fiscal Year: 2006..ISSFAL 2006 is expected to be among the most important international lipid metabolism conferences of the year, and a lipidomics symposium is timely given the increasing progress in this area. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Gas phase derivatization for lipidomic MS analysisJAMES BRENNA; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- LCPUFA Status and Birth Outcome in IndiaJAMES BRENNA; Fiscal Year: 2007..Positive results would justify an intervention studies to include LCPUFA in the diets of pregnant women in developed and developing countries. ..
- Prostate Cancer: A Mouse Model Testing 15-Lipoxygenase-1Uddhav Kelavkar; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- PRECISE ISOTOPE RATIO CHROMATOGRAPHY AND STABLE TRACERSJAMES BRENNA; Fiscal Year: 2004..The successful accomplishment of these plans will yield new tools and experimental approaches for investigation of the impact of developmental factors and recent physiological history on development of chronic disease. ..
- DIETARY ESSENTIAL FATTY ACID ACCUMULATION IN RETINAJAMES BRENNA; Fiscal Year: 2002..Sub-normal development will be directly revealed via functional tests to assess the impact of low omega-3 fatty acid status on develop of vision acid status on development of vision and related health parameters. ..
- Integration of Stress and Reproductive Axes by DopamineSimon Evans; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MODULATION OF INTESTINAL OBESITY SIGNALSPatrick Tso; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, the apo A-IV knockout and transgenic animals will be used to determine if there is interaction between the lymph glucose and lymph apo A-IV signals. ..
- Brain Fatty Acid Composition and PKC ActivityRobert McNamara; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed experiments are innovative and exploratory in that the effect of altered DHA concentrations on PKC and dopamine D2 receptor expression have not been systematically examined in brain. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Interaction of Nutrient & Organochlorine AbsorptionPatrick Tso; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed research is important because of the biological and clinical importance of OCs in health and disease and they provide considerable new insights into how OCs are carried and delivered to the various organs in the body. ..
- WEIGHT LOSS IN OBESE BREAST CANCER SURVIVORSZora Djuric; Fiscal Year: 2002..This study should be useful to determine certain psychosocial are associated with extent of weight loss, and in turn whether weight loss is associated with changes in selected markers of breast cancer risk. ..
- DIETARY INTERVENTION--WOMEN HIGH RISK FOR BREAST CANCERZora Djuric; Fiscal Year: 2002..The use of biomarkers will allow to evaluate the cancer-protective effects of dietary modulation over a relatively short period of time. ..
- Niacin, n-3 fatty acids and insulin resistanceWilliam Harris; Fiscal Year: 2007..This should lead to more effective therapy for the dyslipidemia of insulin resistance and ultimately to reduced risk for CHD in this burgeoning patient population. ..
- Omega-3 Fatty Acid Deficient Rat Model of SchizophreniaRobert McNamara; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetic modification of PUFA biosynthesis and CHDAna Baylin; Fiscal Year: 2008..This strengthens evaluation of risk, and application to current dietary goals. The large number of SNPs proposed for final analysis will add to the resolution and power to identify the genes that underlie CHD. ..
- DIETARY FAT REGULATION OF HEPATIC GENE EXPRESSIONDONALD JUMP; Fiscal Year: 2009..Determine how over expression of specific fatty acid elongases affects hepatic function, blood lipid composition and the onset of chronic disease. ..
- Primers for synthesizing full length cDNA clones and their usePatent Number: EP1396543-A2; Date:2004-03-10