Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FABP7
Description: fatty acid binding protein 7
Alias: B-FABP, BLBP, FABPB, MRG, fatty acid-binding protein, brain, brain lipid-binding protein, brain-type fatty acid-binding protein, mammary-derived growth inhibitor-related
Publications231 found, 100 shown here
- Reelin induces a radial glial phenotype in human neural progenitor cells by activation of Notch-1Serene Keilani
Biomolecular Science Center, Burnett School of Biomedical Sciences, College of Medicine, University of Central Florida, 4000 Central Florida Blvd, Orlando, FL 32816 2364, USA
BMC Dev Biol 8:69. 2008..and Notch-1 signaling pathways have been recently found to be necessary to induce the expression of brain lipid binding protein (BLBP) and to promote the process extension and the maturation of the neuronal progenitors, the radial ..
- Ligand specificity of brain lipid-binding proteinL Z Xu
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Laboratory of Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021 6399, USA
J Biol Chem 271:24711-9. 1996Brain lipid-binding protein (BLBP) is a member of the fatty acid-binding protein (FABP) family...
- Isolation and expression of a cDNA for human brain fatty acid-binding protein (B-FABP)F Shimizu
Otsuka GEN Research Institute, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Tokushima, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1354:24-8. 1997..The elevated level of transcript at immature stages and its subsequent decline In adult brain indicate that the encoded protein may be essential for development of the human brain...
- Crystal structure and thermodynamic analysis of human brain fatty acid-binding proteinG K Balendiran
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 2128, USA
J Biol Chem 275:27045-54. 2000....
- Brain lipid binding protein in axon-Schwann cell interactions and peripheral nerve tumorigenesisShyra J Miller
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 231 Bethesda Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0521, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:2213-24. 2003..Using cDNA microarrays, we found that brain lipid binding protein (BLBP) is elevated in an EGFR-positive subpopulation of Nf1 mutant mouse Schwann cells (Nf1(-/-) TXF) ..
- Overexpression of FABP7 in Down syndrome fetal brains is associated with PKNOX1 gene-dosage imbalanceMa Francisca Sánchez-Font
Departament de Genetica, Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Avda Diagonal, 645, E 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Nucleic Acids Res 31:2769-77. 2003..subtractive hybridization performed on Down syndrome (DS) fetal brains revealed a differentially expressed gene, FABP7, mapped to 6q22-23. FABP7 overexpression in DS brains was verified by real-time PCR (1.63-fold)...
- Gene expression profiling reveals molecularly and clinically distinct subtypes of glioblastoma multiformeYu Liang
Preuss Laboratory for Molecular Neuro oncology and Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:5814-9. 2005..We further investigated one gene from the group, FABP7, and confirmed its association with survival in two unrelated cohorts totaling 105 patients...
- Brain lipid-binding protein is a direct target of Notch signaling in radial glial cellsTodd E Anthony
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Genes Dev 19:1028-33. 2005..To elucidate pathways involved in these functions, we mapped in vivo the promoter for Blbp, a radial glial gene...
- Analysis of differential gene expression in human melanocytic tumour lesions by custom made oligonucleotide arraysN J W de Wit
Department of Pathology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 92:2249-61. 2005..For at least nine of these genes, namely THBD, FABP7, H2AFJ, RRAGD, MYADM, HR, CKS2, NCK2 and GDF15, the differential expression found by array analyses could be ..
- FABP7 expression in glioblastomas: relation to prognosis, invasion and EGFR statusGentian Kaloshi
Service de Neurologie Mazarin, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, and INSERM, U711, Biologie des Interactions Neurones and Glie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, Cedex 13, 75651, France
J Neurooncol 84:245-8. 2007b>FABP7 expression has been analysed in a series of 123 glioblastomas (68 pure GBM, 55 GBMO, i.e. with oligodendroglial component)...
- B-FABP-expressing radial glial cells: the malignant glioma cell of origin?Raja Mita
Department of Oncology, University of Alberta, Cross Cancer Institute, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Neoplasia 9:734-44. 2007..Thus, targeting B-FABP-expressing cells may make a significant impact on the treatment of these tumors...
- The fatty acid binding protein 7 (FABP7) is involved in proliferation and invasion of melanoma cellsAna Slipicevic
Pathology Clinic, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Center, Montebello N 0310 Oslo, Norway
BMC Cancer 8:276. 2008..One of the new candidates that emerged from a recent gene expression profiling study is fatty acid-binding protein 7 (FABP7), involved in lipid metabolism, gene regulation, cell growth and differentiation.
- Nuclear factor I regulates brain fatty acid-binding protein and glial fibrillary acidic protein gene expression in malignant glioma cell linesMiranda Brun
Department of Oncology, Cross Cancer Institute, University of Alberta, Alberta, Canada
J Mol Biol 391:282-300. 2009..normally found in astrocytes, and the radial glial marker brain fatty acid-binding protein (B-FABP; also known as FABP7) are co-expressed in malignant glioma cell lines and tumors...
- Association analyses between brain-expressed fatty-acid binding protein (FABP) genes and schizophrenia and bipolar disorderYoshimi Iwayama
Laboratory for Molecular Psychiatry, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Wako City, Saitama, Japan
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 153:484-93. 2010..PPI-controlling mechanisms, we previously performed quantitative trait loci (QTL) analysis in mice, and identified Fabp7, that encodes a brain-type fatty acid binding protein (Fabp), as a causative gene...
- The proteins FABP7 and OATP2 are associated with the basal phenotype and patient outcome in human breast cancerH Zhang
Division of Pathology, School of Molecular Medical Sciences, Queen s Medical Centre, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, NG7 2UH, UK
Breast Cancer Res Treat 121:41-51. 2010..We analysed 48,000 gene transcripts in 132 invasive breast carcinomas to identify two novel genes (OATP2 and FABP7) significantly associated with BP [defined by cytokeratin (CK)5/6 and/or CK14 positivity]...
- Overexpression of fatty acid binding protein-7 correlates with basal-like subtype of breast cancerXiao Yan Tang
Department of Pathology, Tokai University School of Medicine, 143 Shimokasuya, Isehara City, Kanagawa 259 1193, Japan
Pathol Res Pract 206:98-101. 2010....
- Brain-type and liver-type fatty acid-binding proteins: new tumor markers for renal cancer?Angelika Tölle
Department of Urology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
BMC Cancer 9:248. 2009..We examined the level of brain-type (B) and liver-type (L) FABP mRNA and the protein expression profiles of both FABPs in renal cell carcinoma...
- Polymorphism screening of brain-expressed FABP7, 5 and 3 genes and association studies in autism and schizophrenia in Japanese subjectsMotoko Maekawa
RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Saitama, Japan
J Hum Genet 55:127-30. 2010..protein (FABP) gene family encode fatty acid-binding proteins and consist of at least 12 members, of which FABP7, 5 and 3 are expressed in the brain...
- Fatty acid binding proteins in brain development and diseaseRong Zong Liu
Department of Oncology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Int J Dev Biol 54:1229-39. 2010..Three of the ten mammalian FABPs identified to date (FABP3, FABP5, FABP7) are expressed in the brain...
- Fatty acid binding protein 7 expression and its sub-cellular localization in breast cancerAlaa T Alshareeda
Department of Histopathology and School of Molecular Medical Sciences, The University of Nottingham and Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, Nottingham City Hospital, Nottingham, UK
Breast Cancer Res Treat 134:519-29. 2012b>FABP7 is a member of the multi-gene fatty acid binding protein family...
- Neural stem cell specific fluorescent chemical probe binding to FABP7Seong Wook Yun
Laboratory of Bioimaging Probe Development, Singapore Bioimaging Consortium, Agency for Science, Technology and Research, Singapore
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:10214-7. 2012..its binding target by proteomic analysis as fatty acid binding protein 7 (FABP7), also known as brain lipid binding protein) which is highly expressed in neural stem cells and localized in the cytoplasm...
- A radial glia gene marker, fatty acid binding protein 7 (FABP7), is involved in proliferation and invasion of glioblastoma cellsAntonella De Rosa
Siena Biotech SpA, Siena, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e52113. 2012..Fatty acid-binding protein 7 (FABP7) was identified as one of the most highly expressed genes in NS compared to their adherent counterpart...
- Antitumor activity of the novel human breast cancer growth inhibitor, mammary-derived growth inhibitor-related gene, MRGY E Shi
Department of Pediatrics, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, The Long Island Campus for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New Hyde Park, New York 11040, USA
Cancer Res 57:3084-91. 1997..to mouse mammary-derived growth inhibitor and thus was named mammary-derived growth inhibitor-related gene (MRG). MRG was found to be expressed in normal and benign human breast tissues but not in breast carcinomas...
- Correlation of B-FABP and GFAP expression in malignant gliomaR Godbout
Department of Oncology, University of Alberta, Cross Cancer Institute, Edmonton, Canada
Oncogene 16:1955-62. 1998..We suggest that some malignant gliomas may be derived from astrocytic precursor cells which can express proteins that are normally produced at different developmental stages in the astrocytic differentiation pathway...
- Nuclear FABP7 immunoreactivity is preferentially expressed in infiltrative glioma and is associated with poor prognosis in EGFR-overexpressing glioblastomaYu Liang
Department of Neurological Surgery, Brain Tumor Research Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
BMC Cancer 6:97. 2006We previously identified brain type fatty acid-binding protein (FABP7) as a prognostic marker for patients with glioblastoma (GBM). Increased expression of FABP7 is associated with reduced survival...
- Aberrant fatty acid-binding protein-7 gene expression in cutaneous malignant melanomaYasufumi Goto
Department of Molecular Oncology, John Wayne Cancer Institute, Santa Monica, California, USA
J Invest Dermatol 130:221-9. 2010Fatty acid-binding protein-7 (FABP7) has been shown to be expressed in cutaneous melanoma; however, its role in tumor progression is unclear...
- Brain fatty acid-binding protein and omega-3/omega-6 fatty acids: mechanistic insight into malignant glioma cell migrationRaja Mita
Department of Oncology, School of Cancer, Engineering and Imaging Sciences, Cross Cancer Institute, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 1Z2
J Biol Chem 285:37005-15. 2010..Brain fatty acid-binding protein (FABP7), which binds docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and arachidonic acid (AA), localizes to sites of tumor infiltration and ..
- Importance of brain‑type fatty acid binding protein for cell-biological processes in human renal carcinoma cellsAngelika Tölle
Department of Urology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
Oncol Rep 25:1307-12. 2011..An effect on the process of invasion was not observed. Our data suggest that B‑FABP is involved in cell proliferation and migration of human renal carcinoma cells. The detailed molecular mechanisms remain to be elucidated...
- Microarray analysis in the HSV-1 latently infected mouse trigeminal ganglionShiro Higaki
Department of Ophthalmology, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Cornea 23:S42-7. 2004..To review our previous studies regarding alterations in gene expression in HSV-1 latently infected mouse trigeminal ganglia (TGs) following treatment with immunosuppressants and hyperthermia...
- Prevalence of fissured tongue, geographic tongue and median rhomboid glossitis among Israeli adults of different ethnic originsNoam Yarom
Department of Oral Pathology and Oral Medicine, Maurice and Gabriela Goldschleger School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Dermatology 209:88-94. 2004BACKGROUND: Fissured tongue (FT), geographic tongue (GT) and median rhomboid glossitis (MRG) are frequently misdiagnosed and overtreated...
- Populations of radial glial cells respond differently to reelin and neuregulin1 in a ferret model of cortical dysplasiaSylvie Poluch
Anatomy, Physiology, and Genetics, Uniformed Services University, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e13709. 2010..Both reelin and neuregulin1 (NRG1) maintain the radial glial scaffold; they also induce expression of Brain Lipid Binding Protein (BLBP), a well known marker of radial glia...
- Improved outcome in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia despite reduced use of anthracyclines and cranial radiotherapy: results of trial ALL-BFM 90. German-Austrian-Swiss ALL-BFM Study GroupM Schrappe
Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Federal Republic of Germany FRG
Blood 95:3310-22. 2000..Patients were stratified into a standard-risk group (SRG), a medium-risk group (MRG), both defined by adequate early treatment response; and a high-risk group (HRG), defined by inadequate response to ..
- Expression patterns of erythropoietin and its receptor in the developing midbrainW Knabe
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Georg August University, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Anat Embryol (Berl) 207:503-12. 2004..Whether the observed expression patterns of EPO and EPOR may reflect EPO-mediated trophic and/or antiapoptotic effects on neurons is discussed...
- The expression pattern of a novel gene encoding brain-fatty acid binding protein correlates with neuronal and glial cell developmentA Kurtz
Unit on Developmental Biology, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
Development 120:2637-49. 1994....
- Developmental lineage of cell types in cortical dysplasia with balloon cellsPhillip Lamparello
PENN Epilepsy Center and Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Brain 130:2267-76. 2007..of 13 antibodies recognizing proteins associated with (i) specific progenitor cell types including brain lipid binding protein (BLBP), collapsin response mediator protein 4 (CRMP4), Dlx1, Dlx2, GFAPdelta, MASH1, Otx1, Pax6, ..
- Interactions between the Mas-related receptors MrgD and MrgE alter signalling and trafficking of MrgDSandra Milasta
Molecular Pharmacology Group, Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Institute of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Mol Pharmacol 69:479-91. 2006..This is the first report of heterodimeric interactions between members of the Mas-related gene (Mrg) receptor family and indicates that interactions between rMrgD and rMrgE modulate the function of rMrgD...
- Chondroitin sulfates are required for fibroblast growth factor-2-dependent proliferation and maintenance in neural stem cells and for epidermal growth factor-dependent migration of their progenySwetlana Sirko
Cell Morphology and Molecular Neurobiology, Ruhr University Bochum, Universitaetsstrasse, Bochum, Germany
Stem Cells 28:775-87. 2010..Upon EGF treatment, fewer radial glia were brain lipid-binding protein (BLBP)-positive, whereas more were glutamate aspartate transporter (GLAST)-positive after CS-GAG removal...
- Regulation of two rat mas-related genes in a model of neuropathic painEric L Gustafson
Department of Discovery Technologies, Schering Plough Research Institute, Kenilworth, NJ, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 142:58-64. 2005The mas-related gene (Mrg) family is a large family of G-protein-coupled receptors which are variable in number depending on species...
- [Comparison of the present and previously used protocol of risk stratification in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia]Eliza Glodkowska
Katedra i Klinika Hematologii i Onkologii, Akademia Medyczna, ul Marszałkowska 24, 00 576 Warszawa, Poland
Med Wieku Rozwoj 11:153-8. 2007..Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL) is one of the most common cancers in children. In Poland, since November 2002 a new protocol of risk stratification has been recommended for assessment of risk factors and for choosing therapy regimens...
- Organization of the human embryonic ventral mesencephalonJenny Nelander
Department of Experimental Medical Science and Lund Strategic Center for Stem Cell, Biology and Cell Therapy, Lund University, Sweden
Gene Expr Patterns 9:555-61. 2009..We report that BLBP and LMX1A mark the floor plate and that FOXA2 is expressed in both the floor plate and basal plate of the human VM...
- Cellular localization of the diazepam binding inhibitor in glial cells with special reference to its coexistence with brain-type fatty acid binding proteinHaruko Yanase
Laboratory of Anatomy, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Arch Histol Cytol 65:27-36. 2002....
- Immunochemical and molecular characterization of a novel cell line derived from the brain of Trachinotus blochii (Teleostei, Perciformes): A fish cell line with oligodendrocyte progenitor cell and tanycyte characteristicsChiu Ming Wen
Department of Life Sciences, National University of Kaohsiung, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 156:224-31. 2010..Fish tanycytes can be neural stem cells suggesting that SPB cells are neural stem cells. SPB is the first fish cell line showing primary cilia and markers for both OPCs and tanycytes...
- Congenital subependymal giant cell astrocytoma: clinical considerations and expression of radial glial cell markers in giant cellsJi Hoon Phi
Division of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Seoul National University Children s Hospital, 101 Daehangno, Jongno gu, Seoul, 110 744, Republic of Korea
Childs Nerv Syst 24:1499-503. 2008..Previous studies have reported poor surgical outcomes of this small group of patients. We encountered a patient diagnosed as congenital SEGA and report the surgical outcome along with interesting immuno-phenotypes of giant tumor cells...
- Distribution of EFHC1 or Myoclonin 1 in mouse neural structuresChristine Leon
GIGA Neurosciences, University of Liege, Avenue de l Hopital 1, Liege, Belgium
Epilepsy Res 88:196-207. 2010..the pattern of expression seems to correspond to the extensions of the radial glia fibers as demonstrated by BLBP immunostaining...
- Rhomboid glossitis in atypical location: case report and differential diagnosisLucía Lago-Méndez
Cirugía Oral e Implantología, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 10:123-7. 2005Median rhomboid glossitis (MRG) is an uncommon benign abnormality of the tongue, most frequently affecting men...
- Role of Fabp7, a downstream gene of Pax6, in the maintenance of neuroepithelial cells during early embryonic development of the rat cortexYoko Arai
Division of Developmental Neuroscience, Department of Functional Genomics, Center for Translational and Advanced Animal Research, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
J Neurosci 25:9752-61. 2005..Here, we identified Fabp7 (BLBP/B-FABP), a member of the fatty acid-binding protein (FABP) family, as a downregulated gene in the embryonic ..
- Identification of testis-specific male contraceptive targets: insights from transcriptional profiling of the cycle of the rat seminiferous epithelium and purified testicular cellsDaniel S Johnston
Contraception, Women s Health and Musculoskeletal Biology, Wyeth Research
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1120:36-46. 2007..The microarray data and the qRT-PCR data described are available in the Mammalian Reproductive Genetics database (http://mrg.genetics.washington.edu/).
- Characterization of CNS precursor subtypes and radial gliaE Hartfuss
Max Planck Institute of Neurobiology, Am Klopferspitz 18a, Martinsried, D 82152, Germany
Dev Biol 229:15-30. 2001..for the antigens RC2, the astrocyte-specific glutamate transporter (GLAST), and the brain-lipid-binding protein (BLBP)...
- Astrogliosis in EAE spinal cord: derivation from radial glia, and relationships to oligodendrogliaPeter Bannerman
Institute for Pediatric Regenerative Research, UC Davis School of Medicine, Shriners Hospital for Children, Northern California, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Glia 55:57-64. 2007..EAE) is the accumulation of enlarged, multipolar glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) and brain lipid binding protein (BLBP) immunoreactive astroglia within and at the margins of the inflammatory demyelinative lesions...
- Prediction of the 3-D structure of rat MrgA G protein-coupled receptor and identification of its binding siteJiyoung Heo
Materials and Process Simulations Center, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
J Mol Graph Model 26:800-12. 2007b>Mrg receptors are orphan G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs) located mainly at the specific set of sensory neurons in the dorsal root ganglia, suggesting a role in nociception...
- Morphological characterization of rat Mas-related G-protein-coupled receptor C and functional analysis of agonistsU A Hager
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nuremberg, Universitaetsstrasse 17, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Neuroscience 151:242-54. 2008A recently described family of "orphan" receptors, called Mas-related G-protein-coupled receptors (Mrg), is preferentially expressed in small nociceptive neurons of the rodent and human dorsal root ganglia (DRG)...
- Chemokine expression in the white matter spinal cord precursor niche after force-defined spinal cord contusion injuries in adult ratsFriederike Knerlich-Lukoschus
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Schleswig Holstein Medical Center, Kiel D43 TW001035, Germany
Glia 58:916-31. 2010..were confirmed by double labeling with markers for major cell types and NSPCs (nestin, Musashi-1, NG2, 3CB2, BLBP). Mitotic profiles were investigated in parallel by BrdU labeling...
- Heterogeneity in progenitor cell subtypes in the ventricular zone of the zebrafish adult telencephalonMartin März
Institute for Toxicology and Genetics, Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe in the Helmholtz Association, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Postfach 3640, 76021 Karlsruhe, Germany
Glia 58:870-88. 2010..studied the expression of various transgenic or immunocytochemical markers for glial cells (gfap:gfp, cyp19a1b:gfp, BLBP, and S100beta), progenitors (nestin:gfp and Sox2), and neuroblasts (PSA-NCAM) in cycling progenitors of the adult ..
- Cxcr4 and Cxcl12 expression in radial glial cells of the brain of adult zebrafishNicolas Diotel
UMR CNRS, IFR, Universite de Rennes, France
J Comp Neurol 518:4855-76. 2010..where it is co-expressed with established radial glial cell markers, such as brain lipid-binding protein (Blbp) or the estrogen-synthesizing enzyme aromatase B (Cyp19a1b)...
- Interaction of a paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration-associated neuronal protein with the nuclear helix-loop-helix leucine zipper protein MRG XKoichiro Sakai
The Department of Neurology, Kanazawa Medical University, Kahoku gun, Ishikawa, Japan
Mol Cell Neurosci 19:477-84. 2002..and co-immunoprecipitation assay that PCD17 interacts with a nuclear helix-loop-helix leucine zipper protein, MRG X...
- Acquisition of neuronal and glial markers by neural crest-derived cells in the mouse intestineHeather M Young
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, 3010, Victoria, Australia
J Comp Neurol 456:1-11. 2003..5(+) nor S100b(+). Because some classes of neurons are not present in significant numbers until after birth, the expression of PGP9.5 by developing enteric neurons appeared to precede the expression of neuron type-specific markers...
- MrgD activation inhibits KCNQ/M-currents and contributes to enhanced neuronal excitabilityRobert A Crozier
Wyeth Research, Discovery Neuroscience, CN 8000, Princeton, New Jersey 08543 8000, USA
J Neurosci 27:4492-6. 2007The recently identified Mas-related gene (Mrg) family of G-protein-coupled receptors is expressed almost exclusively in dorsal root ganglion (DRG) neurons...
- Neurofibromatosis-1 regulates neuronal and glial cell differentiation from neuroglial progenitors in vivo by both cAMP- and Ras-dependent mechanismsBalazs Hegedus
Department of Neurology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Cell Stem Cell 1:443-57. 2007..Using a newly developed brain lipid binding protein (BLBP)-Cre mouse strain to study the role of neurofibromin in neural progenitor cell function in the ..
- Dopamine neuron precursors within the developing human mesencephalon show radial glial characteristicsJosephine B Hebsgaard
Department of Experimental Medical Science, Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Glia 57:1648-58. 2009..developing human ventral mesencephalon have a radial morphology and express the radial glial markers Vimentin and BLBP. These radial glia are mitotic and act as precursors for the dopaminergic neurons...
- Arachidonic acid drives postnatal neurogenesis and elicits a beneficial effect on prepulse inhibition, a biological trait of psychiatric illnessesMotoko Maekawa
Department of Developmental Neurobiology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
PLoS ONE 4:e5085. 2009..In a previous study, we identified Fabp7, a fatty acid binding protein 7 as one of the genes controlling PPI in mice and showed that this gene was ..
- Heterologous expression and characterisation of mouse brain fatty acid binding proteinF Schnutgen
Institut fur Biochemie, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Germany
Biol Chem Hoppe Seyler 377:211-5. 1996..By Western blotting using affinity purified rabbit antibodies raised against the recombinant B-FABP it was demonstrated that in adult mice, B-FABP is predominantly expressed in the olfactory bulb...
- Notch1 signaling regulates radial glia differentiation through multiple transcriptional mechanismsBrooke A Patten
Division of Neuroscience, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Neurosci 26:3102-8. 2006..differentiation of radial glia through the transcriptional activation of at least two genes, brain lipid binding protein (BLBP) and the erbB2 receptor tyrosine kinase...
- The MRG domain of human MRG15 uses a shallow hydrophobic pocket to interact with the N-terminal region of PAM14Peng Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
Protein Sci 15:2423-34. 2006..in a variety of human tissues, and its orthologs have been found in many other eukaryotes which constitute the MRG protein family...
- Pathogen specific carbohydrate antigen microarrays: a chip for detection of Salmonella O-antigen specific antibodiesOla Blixt
Department of Molecular Biology, Glycan Array Synthesis Core D, Consortium for Functional Glycomics The Scripps Research Institute, CB 248A 10550 N Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Glycoconj J 25:27-36. 2008..With the larger antigens, containing the backbone sequence Manalpha1-2Rhaalpha1-2Gal (MRG), common backbone-specific antibodies (O-antigen 12) were also detected...
- Isolation and characterization of a neural progenitor cell line from tilapia brainChiu Ming Wen
Department of Life Sciences, National University of Kaohsiung, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, ROC
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 149:167-80. 2008..weakly expressed glutamine synthetase (GS), S100 protein, and the neural stem cell markers Sox2 and brain lipid binding protein (BLBP)...
- Transcriptional changes in insulin- and lipid metabolism-related genes in the hippocampus of olfactory bulbectomized micePeter Gass
RG Behavioral Biology, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
J Neurosci Res 86:3184-93. 2008..It turned out that the key target -- FABP7 -- fell into the group of transcripts not significantly regulated within the chip data, and another key target -- ..
- Classification of FABP isoforms and tissues based on quantitative evaluation of transcript levels of these isoforms in various rat tissuesTakenori Yamamoto
Institute for Genome Research, University of Tokushima, Kuramotocho 3, Tokushima, 770 8503, Japan
Biotechnol Lett 31:1695-701. 2009..The 10 FABP isoforms were classified into three categories: (1) isoforms FABP7 and 12 were not markedly expressed in any tissue examined; (2) isoforms showing certain transcript levels in ..
- Age-dependent changes in the proteome following complete spinal cord transection in a postnatal South American opossum (Monodelphis domestica)Natassya M Noor
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
PLoS ONE 6:e27465. 2011..14-3-3 gamma, cofilin, alpha enolase, heart fatty acid binding protein (FABP3), brain fatty acid binding protein (FABP7) and ubiquitin demonstrated age-related differential expression and were analysed by qRT-PCR...
- Regional difference of reactive astrogliosis following traumatic brain injury revealed by hGFAP-GFP transgenic miceWoon Ryoung Kim
Department of Anatomy, BK21 Program, Korea University College of Medicine, 126 1 Anam Dong, Sungbuk Gu, Seoul 136 705, Republic of Korea
Neurosci Lett 513:155-9. 2012..Accordingly, they expressed the progenitor or radial glial markers, such as vimentin, brain lipid binding protein (BLBP) and the green fluorescent protein (GFP) under the control of the human GFAP (hGFAP) promoter...
- IGF-II promotes stemness of neural restricted precursorsAmber N Ziegler
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey, USA
Stem Cells 30:1265-76. 2012..Q-PCR revealed that IGF-II increased Oct4, Sox1, and FABP7 mRNA levels in NSPs...
- Regulation and 3 dimensional culture of tertiary follicle growthYong Pil Cheon
Division of Developmental Biology and Physiology, School of Biosciences and Chemistry, Sungshin Women s University, Seoul, Korea
Clin Exp Reprod Med 39:95-106. 2012..For example, a few web pages (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov; http://mrg.genetics.washington...
- MrgC agonism at central terminals of primary sensory neurons inhibits neuropathic painShao Qiu He
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Pain 155:534-44. 2014..Intrathecal JHU58-induced pain inhibition was dose dependent in SNL rats. Importantly, drug efficacy was lost in Mrg-cluster gene knockout (Mrg KO) mice and was blocked by gene silencing with intrathecal MrgC siRNA and by a ..
- Overexpression of FABP7 promotes cell growth and predicts poor prognosis of clear cell renal cell carcinomaJiancheng Zhou
Department of Urology, First Affiliated Hospital of Medical School, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, China
Urol Oncol 33:113.e9-17. 2015..The aim of the present study was to determine the differential expression of genes between normal kidney and clear cell RCC (ccRCC) samples and investigate the biological function of the most frequently altered gene in RCC cells...
- Human endogenous retrovirus group E and its involvement in diseasesChristelle Le Dantec
Inserm ESPRI, ERI29 EA2216, SFR ScInBioS, LabEx IGO Immunotherapy Graft Oncology, Réseau épigénétique et réseau canaux ioniques du Cancéropole Grand Ouest, European University of Brittany, Brest 29609, France
Viruses 7:1238-57. 2015..Finally, better understanding of HERV-E elements may have clinical applications for prevention, diagnosis, prognosis, and therapy...
- Note: Vibration suppression using tunable vibration absorber based on stiffness variable magneto-rheological gelBeom Cheol Shin
Department of Mechanical and Control Engineering, Handong Global University, Pohang 791 708, South Korea
Rev Sci Instrum 86:106106. 2015..proposes a novel adaptive tunable vibration absorber (TVA) based on a smart material the magnetorheological gel (MRG) to achieve a wide range of tonal vibration suppression on the primary system to protect any connected sensitive ..
- Mas-related gene (Mrg) C receptors inhibit mechanical allodynia and spinal microglia activation in the early phase of neuropathic pain in ratsDongmei Wang
College of Life Sciences and Provincial Key Laboratory of Developmental Biology and Neuroscience, Fujian Normal University Fuzhou, Fujian 350108, People s Republic of China
Neurosci Lett 618:115-21. 2016Mas-related gene (Mrg) C receptors are exclusively expressed in the trigeminal and dorsal root ganglia (DRG). However, their functional roles are poorly understood...
- Mas-Related Gene (Mrg) C Activation Attenuates Bone Cancer Pain via Modulating Gi and NR2BYu E Sun
Department of Anaesthesiology, The Affiliated Drum Tower Hospital of Medical College of Nanjing University, Nanjing 210008, Jiangsu, China
PLoS ONE 11:e0154851. 2016This study is to investigate the role of Mas-related gene (Mrg) C in the pathogenesis and treatment of bone cancer pain (BCP).
- Structural studies on MRG701 chromodomain reveal a novel dimerization interface of MRG proteins in green plantsYanchao Liu
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Center for Protein Science Shanghai, Shanghai Science Research Center, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Molecular Andrology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, 200031, China
Protein Cell 7:792-803. 2016b>MRG proteins are conserved during evolution in fungi, flies, mammals and plants, and they can exhibit diversified functions. The animal MRGs were found to form various complexes to activate gene expression...
- Immunocytochemical characterisation of neural stem-progenitor cells from green terror cichlid Aequidens rivulatusC M Wen
Department of Life Sciences, National University of Kaohsiung, Kaohsiung, 81148, Taiwan
J Fish Biol 90:201-221. 2017..The results confirmed that NSPCs obtained from A. rivulatus brains can proliferate and differentiate into neurons in vitro. Clonal culture can be useful for further studying the distinct NSPCs...
- The genomic organization, promoter position and expression profile of the mouse MRG15 geneKaoru Tominaga
Department of Cellular and Structural Biology, Sam and Ann Barshop Center for Longevity and Aging Studies, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, STCBM, 15355 Lambda Drive, San Antonio, TX 78245 3207, USA
Gene 294:215-24. 2002MORF4 (mortality factor on chromosome 4) and the novel related MRG (MORF4-related gene) gene family were identified when MORF4 was shown to induce senescence in a subset of tumor cell lines...
- Effect of 2% plain and fluoridated milk on root surface caries in vitroRomana Ivancakova
Department of Dentistry, University Hospital and Medical Faculty of Charles University, 500 05 Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Spec Care Dentist 25:118-23. 2005..surface lesions were created, sectioned and analyzed using polarized light microscopy (PLM) and microradiography (MRG). The sections were covered except for the original surface and assigned to a treatment group...
- Microarray analysis of the genes induced by tetracycline-regulated expression of NDRF/NeuroD2 in P19 cellsHisanobu Oda
Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto 862 0976, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 335:458-68. 2005..RNA hybridization analysis confirmed that brain-lipid-binding protein (BLBP) and inhibitor of differentiation 1 (Id1) genes were among the five genes that were rapidly and significantly up-..
- Morphology of enamel in primary teeth from children in Thailand exposed to environmental leadNattaporn Youravong
Epidemiology Unit, Faculty of Medicine, Prince of Songkla University, Thailand
Sci Total Environ 348:73-81. 2005..The morphology of the enamel was examined by polarized light microscopy (PLM), microradiography (MRG), and scanning electron microscopy (SEM)...
- Non-lethal active caspase-3 expression in Bergmann glia of postnatal rat cerebellumSowmini Oomman
Department of Physiology, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Room 5A163, Lubbock, TX 79430, USA
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 160:130-45. 2005..Thus, this study supports the hypothesis that active caspase-3 may be regulating both differentiation of Bergmann glia by allowing the cells to exit the cell cycle and their morphogenesis...
- Origin, maturation, and astroglial transformation of secondary radial glial cells in the developing dentate gyrusBianka Brunne
Center of Neurosciences, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Glia 58:1553-69. 2010..Time-lapse imaging of acute hippocampal slices from hGFAP-eGFP transgenic mice provides direct evidence for such a migration mode of differentiating astroglial cells in the developing dentate gyrus...
- Use of existing water, sediment, and tissue data to screen ecological risks to the endangered Rio Grande silvery minnowMichael D Marcus
Tetra Tech, Inc 6121 Indian School Road NE, Suite 205, Albuquerque, NM 87110, United States
Sci Total Environ 409:83-94. 2010..risk assessment was applied to two extensive, but previously unanalyzed datasets from the middle Rio Grande (MRG) in New Mexico...
- Fatty-acid binding proteins modulate sleep and enhance long-term memory consolidation in DrosophilaJason R Gerstner
Department of Genetics, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e15890. 2011..Here we test the effect of overexpressing the brain-type fatty acid binding protein (Fabp7) on sleep and long-term memory (LTM) formation in Drosophila melanogaster...
- MRG-binding protein contributes to colorectal cancer developmentKiyoshi Yamaguchi
Division of Clinical Genome Research, Advanced Clinical Research Center, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Sci 102:1486-92. 2011..Our findings might be helpful for the identification of a specific biomarker for colorectal cancer and the development of diagnostic and/or therapeutic approaches...
- Cell proliferation and cytoarchitectural remodeling during spinal cord reconnection in the fresh-water turtle Trachemys dorbignyiMaría Inés Rehermann
Departamento de Neurofisiología Celular y Molecular, Avenida Italia 3318, Montevideo, Uruguay
Cell Tissue Res 344:415-33. 2011..Most dividing cells expressed the brain lipid-binding protein (BLBP). Cells with BrdU-positive nuclei expressed glial fibrillary acidic protein...
- Generation and identification of rat fetal cerebral radial glia-like cells in vitroHaoming Li
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, The Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Neuroregeneration, Nantong University, No 19 Qixiu Road, Nantong, China
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 47:431-7. 2011..Taken together, we acquired and identified some properties of rat-derived RG-like cells from fetal cerebral cortices in vitro...
- Gene expression profiling reveals potential key pathways involved in pyrazinamide-mediated hepatotoxicity in Wistar ratsYun Zhang
Jiangsu Center of Drug Screening, China Pharmaceutical University, 24 Tong Jia Xiang, Nanjing, 210009, China
J Appl Toxicol 33:807-19. 2013..reaction confirmed the regulation of selected genes involved in PZA-hepatotoxicity (Ephx1, Cyp2b1, Gstm1, Gstp1, Fabp7, Acaa1, Cpt-1b, Cyp8b1, Hmox1 and Ntrk1)...
- Reverse engineering a mouse embryonic stem cell-specific transcriptional network reveals a new modulator of neuronal differentiationRossella De Cegli
Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine, Via P Castellino 111, Napoli 80131, Italy
Nucleic Acids Res 41:711-26. 2013..marker Vglut2 and a strong down-regulation of the GABAergic neurons marker GAD65 and of the radial glia marker Blbp. We confirmed E13 expression in the cerebral cortex of adult mice and during development...
- Histone deacetylase 2 (HDAC2) protein-dependent deacetylation of mortality factor 4-like 1 (MORF4L1) protein enhances its homodimerizationYan Chen
From the Department of Medicine, Acute Lung Injury Center of Excellence, and
J Biol Chem 289:7092-8. 2014..Among a stretch of ∼10 amino acids in the NH2 terminus between the chromodomain and MORF4-related gene (MRG) domain within MORF4L1, Lys-148 is normally acetylated...
- Glial modulation of vibrissal sensory processing in ratsMan Li Sun
Department of Physiology, Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology of Ministry of Health, Zhejiang Province Key Laboratory of Neurobiology, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou 310058, Zhejiang, People s Republic of China
Chin J Physiol 56:309-17. 2013..Immunohistochemical staining of brain lipid binding protein (BLBP) and NeuN showed AA decreased cell number of astrocytes but not neurons in the barrel cortex...
- Metal accumulation and differentially expressed proteins in gill of oyster (Crassostrea hongkongensis) exposed to long-term heavy metal-contaminated estuaryLianzhong Luo
Department of Pharmacy, Xiamen Medical College, Xiamen 361008, PR China State Key Laboratory of Marine Environmental Science, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361005, PR China
Fish Shellfish Immunol 38:318-29. 2014..binding toxic metals with metallothionein-like proteins (MTLP) and storing toxic metals in metal-rich granules (MRG) with insoluble forms were the important strategies of oyster to detoxify the toxic metals and adapt to the high ..
- Differential expressions of BMPR1α, ACTN4α and FABP7 in Hirschsprung diseaseWeiLin Wang
Key Laboratory of Health Ministry for Congenital Malformations, Shengjing Hospital of China Medical University 36 Sanhao Street Heping District, Shenyang, Liaoning, 110004, The People s Republic of China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 7:2312-8. 2014..bone morphogenetic protein receptor-type IA (BMPR1α), actinin-alpha 4 (ACTN4α) and fatty acid binding protein 7 (FABP7) play important roles in the differentiation and development of neurons...
- Peptidomimetics of Arg-Phe-NH2 as small molecule agonists of Mas-related gene C (MrgC) receptorsNiyada Hin
Brain Science Institute, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, United States
Bioorg Med Chem 22:5831-7. 2014..These new peptidomimetics should complement the existing small molecule human MrgX1 agonists and enhance our ability to assess the therapeutic utility of targeting Mrg receptors in rodent models.
- Pluripotent stem cell-derived radial glia-like cells as stable intermediate for efficient generation of human oligodendrocytesRaphaela Gorris
Institute of Reconstructive Neurobiology, Life and Brain Center, University of Bonn, Germany
Glia 63:2152-67. 2015..RGL-NPCs) expressing typical neural stem cell markers such as nestin, ASCL1, SOX2, and PAX6 as well as RG markers BLBP, GLAST, vimentin, and GFAP...
- SSEA-4 and YKL-40 positive progenitor subtypes in the subventricular zone of developing human neocortexChristian B Brøchner
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3, Copenhagen, DK 2200, Denmark
Glia 64:90-104. 2016..A few small rounded SSEA-4 and YKL-40 labeled cells were present in the radial glial BLBP positive proliferative zones adjacent to the lateral ganglionic eminence from 12th week post conception...
- Icariin Metabolism by Human Intestinal MicrofloraHailong Wu
Metalloenzyme Research Group and Department of Integrative Plant Science, Chung Ang University, Anseong 17546, Korea
Molecules 21:. 2016..Together with human intestinal microflora, the three bacteria Streptococcus sp. MRG-ICA-B, Enterococcus sp. MRG-ICA-E, and Blautia sp...
- Age-dependent acute interference with stem and progenitor cell proliferation in the hippocampus after exposure to 1800 MHz electromagnetic radiationFalin Xu
a Department of Neonatology, The Third Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, P R China
Electromagn Biol Med 36:158-166. 2017..with BrdU and by immunohistochemical staining for phosphor-histone H3 (PHH3) and brain lipid-binding protein (BLBP)...
- Transcription factors regulating sensory gene expression and pain pathwaysEric E Turner; Fiscal Year: 2011..mice, with an emphasis on genes mediating pain pathways, including sensory neuropeptides and members of the Trp, Mrg and NaV gene families...
- Dale G Deutsch; Fiscal Year: 2016..will then be tested employing a fluorescent displacement assay for their ability to bind mainly to FABP5 and FABP7 that occur in the nervous system...
- Anandamide Carrier Proteins as Drug TargetsJason Jianxin Guo; Fiscal Year: 2013..the structural and binding characteristics of two lipid carrier proteins, human brain fatty acid bindin protein (FABP7) and epidermal FABP (FABP5), to a range of selected ligands including the endocannabinoids and several widely used ..
- Role of the Mrg family of GPCRs in nociceptionDavid Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2009..state-of-the art methods of mouse molecular genetics to generate and analyze strains of mice in which different Mrg genes have been deleted, and in which Mrg-expressing neurons can be inducibly ablated or silenced, or their second- ..
- MR-guided focused ultrasound systemFergus V Coakley; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The proposal seeks funding for an MR-guided Focused UltraSound (MRg-FUS) system (ExAblate(R) 2000, Insightec Inc...
- FREQUENCY DOMAIN OPTICAL IMAGING OF BREAST CANCERKeith D Paulsen; Fiscal Year: 2012..These findings have motivated our proposal to continue to pursue MR-guided (MRg) NIR optical breast tomography because of the convincing evidence we have generated to date that MR guidance ..
- Regulation of Hepatic Repair Response by Metabolites of the Uric Acid PathwayWajahat Zafar Mehal; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have demonstrated that nucleic acids via TLR9, adenosine via the A2a receptor, and adenine via the Mrg receptor are required for normal FG in the liver...
- A screen for small molecule modulators of human GPCR MrgX1Xinzhong Dong; Fiscal Year: 2012..Therefore, modulating Mrg activation offers a unique and promising target to treat chronic pain and itch...
- MAST CELL NERVE INTERACTIONS IN AIRWAYSBradley J Undem; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Aim 2 we address our novel hypothesis that mast cell release mediators capable of stimulated mas-related-gene (Mrg) receptors on sensory nerves resulting in an increase in C-fiber excitability...
- Riparian nutrients and food webs on a regulated riverTERESA TIBBETS; Fiscal Year: 2005..The middle Rio Grande river (MRG), which flows through central New Mexico, contains one of the most extensive riparian forests of native cottonwood ..
- INTERACTION OF OMEGA 3 FATTY ACIDS AND NOVEL FATTY ACIDY Shi; Fiscal Year: 2001..and a fatty acid binding protein (FABP) has recently been identified, characterized, and named as Mammary derived growth inhibitor Related Gene MRG. Being as a new member of FABP family, MRG has a highest binding affinity to DHA...
- CONTROL OF NEURAL CELL IDENTITY IN DEVELOPING CNSMARY HATTEN; Fiscal Year: 2002..to define the regulation of the zinc finger transcription factor RU49, a granule cell marker, and the brain lipid binding protein BLBP, as well as novel genes that show regulated expression during cerebellar histogenesis...
- PROTEIN MODELING BY SATISFACTION OF SPATIAL RESTRAINTSAndrej Sali; Fiscal Year: 2000..Comparative modeling will be used to study the role of lipids in the function of the brain lipid binding protein. In another application, the 3D structure of the voltage-activated potassium channel will be modeled, ..
- N-3 fatty acid & binding protein MRG on mammary tumorYUENIAN SHI; Fiscal Year: 2006..and a fatty acid binding protein (FABP) has recently been identified, characterized, and named Mammary derived growth inhibitor Related Gene (MRG)...
- MECHANISMS OF NEURAL PATTERNING IN MAMMALIAN FOREBRAINGordon Fishell; Fiscal Year: 2007..progenitors exist in the cerebellum throughout embryonic development and that they express the radial glial marker BLBP. We will apply in vitro and in vivo methods to see if like in the forebrain Notch activation bestows stem cell ..
- Multiparametric MRI characterization of breast tissueMichael Jacobs; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- OspA and autoimmunity in chronic Lyme diseaseArmin Alaedini; Fiscal Year: 2007..Identification of specific immune reactivity to an autoantigen might also be useful as a diagnostic marker and for monitoring of disease activity in affected patients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Immune reactivity to synapsin in the neuropathy and ataxia of celiac diseaseArmin Alaedini; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Connections and function of reproductive neural circuitsTODD ANTHONY; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Post-natal neurogenesis in the turtle spinal cordRAUL RUSSO; Fiscal Year: 2009..This knowledge is essential to understand basic neurogenic mechanisms that may remain "dormant" in the mammalian spinal cord but could hopefully be "awakened" to alleviate spinal cord diseases. ..
- EVOLUTION OF IMMUNE RECOGNITION AND EVASIONAustin L Hughes; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, by increasing our understanding of the population diversity and evolutionary history of human immune system genes, this research will enhance our knowledge of human immune function in health and disease. ..
- Genetic analysis of cone photoreceptor determinationPAMELA RAYMOND; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NEW NEURONS IN THE RETINAPamela A Raymond; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- 2006 Visual System Development Gordon ConferencePAMELA RAYMOND; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nutrition and Cancer: Statewide Preceptor EducationJUDITH ASHLEY; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Gene Duplication and Genome EvolutionAustin Hughes; Fiscal Year: 2004..5) Examining the role of transposable elements in duplication of genomic segments by testing for nonrandom association between these elements and putatively duplicated blocks in the yeast genome. ..
- Analysis of MRG family and hTERT null phenotypes by RNAiMichael Bertram; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, highly conserved MORF4 Related Genes (MRG) have been identified in numerous eukaryotes including two additional expressed family members in humans and one in ..