Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FABP3
Description: fatty acid binding protein 3
Alias: FABP11, H-FABP, M-FABP, MDGI, O-FABP, fatty acid-binding protein, heart, fatty acid binding protein 11, fatty acid binding protein 3, muscle and heart, heart-type fatty acid-binding protein, mammary-derived growth inhibitor, muscle fatty acid-binding protein
Publications110 found, 100 shown here
- Maekawa M, Iwayama Y, Arai R, Nakamura K, Ohnishi T, Toyota T, et al. Polymorphism screening of brain-expressed FABP7, 5 and 3 genes and association studies in autism and schizophrenia in Japanese subjects. J Hum Genet. 2010;55:127-30 pubmed publisher..Finally, as a web-based algorithm predicts that the 8A>G (Asp3Gly; rs17848124) in FABP3 is 'probably damaging', we estimated the possible impact of this SNP, and found that the loss of charge and salt ..
- Chiasserini D, Parnetti L, Andreasson U, Zetterberg H, Giannandrea D, Calabresi P, et al. CSF levels of heart fatty acid binding protein are altered during early phases of Alzheimer's disease. J Alzheimers Dis. 2010;22:1281-8 pubmed publisher..7). A significant correlation between HFABP/A?1-42 ratio and MMSE annual decrease rate was also documented (p<0.0001). HFABP /A?1-42 ratio might be a useful predictor of conversion in MCI patients. ..
- Watanabe K, Wakabayashi H, Veerkamp J, Ono T, Suzuki T. Immunohistochemical distribution of heart-type fatty acid-binding protein immunoreactivity in normal human tissues and in acute myocardial infarct. J Pathol. 1993;170:59-65 pubmed..Thus, decreased immunoreactivity for H-FABP may be a good histological marker of damaged cardiomyocytes. ..
- Shin H, Kim L, Park B, Jung H, Cho Y, Moon M, et al. Polymorphisms in fatty acid-binding protein-3 (FABP3) - putative association with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Hum Mutat. 2003;22:180 pubmed..Human FABP3, one of the FABPs, is present in a wide variety of tissues with highest concentration in cardiac and skeletal ..
- Niizeki T, Takeishi Y, Takabatake N, Shibata Y, Konta T, Kato T, et al. Circulating levels of heart-type fatty acid-binding protein in a general Japanese population: effects of age, gender, and physiologic characteristics. Circ J. 2007;71:1452-7 pubmed..These effects should be taken into account in determining appropriate reference values for H-FABP. In addition, high serum H-FABP levels may represent latent cardiac injury and have important clinical implications. ..
- Ueno T, Soma M, Tabara Y, Tokunaga K, Tahira K, Fukuda N, et al. Association between fatty acid binding protein 3 gene variants and essential hypertension in humans. Am J Hypertens. 2008;21:691-5 pubmed publisher..Because sympathetic overactivity is related to both hypertension and insulin resistance, FABP3 is a candidate gene for the link between this QTL and blood pressure regulation...
- Olsson B, Hertze J, Ohlsson M, Nagga K, Höglund K, Basun H, et al. Cerebrospinal fluid levels of heart fatty acid binding protein are elevated prodromally in Alzheimer's disease and vascular dementia. J Alzheimers Dis. 2013;34:673-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, HFABP seems to be a stable CSF biomarker that reflects neuronal cell death in several neurodegenerative disorders, including early stages of AD and VaD. ..
- Iqubal A, Iqubal M, Sharma S, Ansari M, Najmi A, Ali S, et al. Molecular mechanism involved in cyclophosphamide-induced cardiotoxicity: Old drug with a new vision. Life Sci. 2019;218:112-131 pubmed publisher..Dose adjustment, elimination/excretion of acrolein and maintenance of endogenous antioxidant pool could be the therapeutic approach to mitigate the toxicities. ..
- Cleveland B, Weber G. Effects of steroid treatment on growth, nutrient partitioning, and expression of genes related to growth and nutrient metabolism in adult triploid rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2016;56:1-12 pubmed publisher..binding proteins (igfbp1b1, igfbp2b1, igfbp5b1, igfbp6b1), and genes associated with lipid binding and transport (fabp3, fabp4, lpl, cd36), fatty acid oxidation (cpt1a), and the pparg transcription factor...
- Cleveland B, Manor M. Effects of phytoestrogens on growth-related and lipogenic genes in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2015;170:28-37 pubmed publisher..increased expression of fatty acid synthesis genes srebp1, acly, fas, scd1, and gpat and lipid binding proteins fabp3 and lpl. In muscle E2 and genistein (50 Î¼g/g) increased era1 and erb1 expression and decreased erb2 expression...
- ..protein Î± (c/ebpÎ±), lipoprotein lipase (lpl), fatty acid synthase (fas), fatty acid binding protein 11 (fabp11), fatty acid transporter protein1 (fatp1), adiponectin and leptin...
- Zhu Y, Soto J, Anderson B, Riehle C, Zhang Y, Wende A, et al. Regulation of fatty acid metabolism by mTOR in adult murine hearts occurs independently of changes in PGC-1Î±. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2013;305:H41-51 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, mTOR regulates mitochondrial fatty acid utilization but not glucose utilization in the heart via mechanisms that are independent of changes in PGC expression. ..
- Aissa A, Amaral C, Venâncio V, Machado C, Hernandes L, Santos P, et al. Methionine-supplemented diet affects the expression of cardiovascular disease-related genes and increases inflammatory cytokines in mice heart and liver. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2017;80:1116-1128 pubmed publisher..Methionine-deprived diet reduced expression of Col3a1, Cdh5, Fabp3, Bax, and Hbegf and increased expression of Sell, Ccl5, Itga2, Birc3, Msr1, Bcl2a1a, Il1r2, and Selp...
- Jung T, Lee S, Kim H, Bang J, Abd El Aty A, Hacimuftuoglu A, et al. METRNL attenuates lipid-induced inflammation and insulin resistance via AMPK or PPARδ-dependent pathways in skeletal muscle of mice. Exp Mol Med. 2018;50:122 pubmed publisher..genes, such as carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1 (CPT1), acyl-CoA oxidase (ACO), and fatty acid binding protein 3 (FABP3). siRNAs for AMPK and PPARδ reversed these changes...
- Fonseca F, Mucci D, Assumpção R, Marcondes H, Sardinha F, Silva S, et al. Differential Long-Chain Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Status and Placental Transport in Adolescent Pregnancies. Nutrients. 2018;10: pubmed publisher..expressions were not different, however FATP1, fatty acid translocase (FAT/CD36) and fatty acid binding protein 3 (FABP3) mRNA and PPAR? protein levels were decreased in placenta of adolescents...
- Huang L, Tepaamorndech S, Kirschke C, Newman J, Keyes W, Pedersen T, et al. Aberrant fatty acid metabolism in skeletal muscle contributes to insulin resistance in zinc transporter 7 (znt7)-knockout mice. J Biol Chem. 2018;293:7549-7563 pubmed publisher..The expression of fatty acid-binding protein 3 (Fabp3) was dramatically up-regulated in the znt7-KO muscle cells accompanied by increased expression of Cd36, ..
- Jung T, Hwang H, Hong H, Yoo H, Baik S, Choi K. BAIBA attenuates insulin resistance and inflammation induced by palmitate or a high fat diet via an AMPK-PPARÎ´-dependent pathway in mice. Diabetologia. 2015;58:2096-105 pubmed publisher..palmitoyltransferase 1 (Cpt1), acyl-CoA oxidase (Aco; also known as Acox1) and fatty acid binding protein 3 (Fabp3); this effect of BAIBA was significantly reduced by compound C and PparÎ´ siRNA...
- Oster M, Trakooljul N, Reyer H, Zeyner A, Murani E, Ponsuksili S, et al. Sex-Specific Muscular Maturation Responses Following Prenatal Exposure to Methylation-Related Micronutrients in Pigs. Nutrients. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..weights were unaffected by diet, and mRNA abundances corresponded to a phenotype of cellular reorganization via FABP3, FABP4, SPP1 and Insulin-like Growth Factor-signaling...
- Toral P, Hervás G, Suarez Vega A, Arranz J, Frutos P. Isolation of RNA from milk somatic cells as an alternative to biopsies of mammary tissue for nutrigenomic studies in dairy ewes. J Dairy Sci. 2016;99:8461-8471 pubmed publisher..Stable mRNA levels were showed in other candidate genes, such as FABP3, GPAT4, or SCD...
- BayÄ±r M, BayÄ±r A, Wright J. Divergent spatial regulation of duplicated fatty acid-binding protein (fabp) genes in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Comp Biochem Physiol Part D Genomics Proteomics. 2015;14:26-32 pubmed publisher..1/fabp10a.2) most likely were generated by the salmonid-specific WGD subsequent to the teleost-specific WGD; and fabp3 and fabp6 exist as single copy genes in the rainbow trout genome...
- Myers S, Wang S, Muscat G. The chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter-transcription factors modulate genes and pathways involved in skeletal muscle cell metabolism. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:24149-60 pubmed..in the significant attenuation of genes that regulate lipid mobilization and utilization (including Pparalpha, Fabp3, and Cpt-1). This was coupled to reduced fatty acid beta-oxidation...
- Bodié K, Buck W, Pieh J, Liguori M, Popp A. Biomarker evaluation of skeletal muscle toxicity following clofibrate administration in rats. Exp Toxicol Pathol. 2016;68:289-99 pubmed publisher..ALT), and creatine kinase (CK) enzyme activity were compared to novel biomarkers fatty acid binding protein 3 (Fabp3), myosin light chain 3 (Myl3), muscular isoform of CK immunoreactivity (three isoforms CKBB, CKMM, CKMB), ..
- Supruniuk E, Mikłosz A, Chabowski A. The Implication of PGC-1? on Fatty Acid Transport across Plasma and Mitochondrial Membranes in the Insulin Sensitive Tissues. Front Physiol. 2017;8:923 pubmed publisher..knockdown was linked with a decreased level of lipid metabolizing enzymes and fatty acid transporters (FAT/CD36, FABP3), whereas the results obtained for white adipose tissue (WAT) remain contradictory...
- Gao J, Xue Q, Wang S, Gao L, Lan Y, Fang Z, et al. Association between cardiac changes and stress, and the effect of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-? on stress-induced myocardial injury in mice. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2015;35:28-34 pubmed publisher..PPAR? may be involved in the physical and psychological changes induced by high-intensity exercises. ..
- Baati N, Feillet Coudray C, Fouret G, Vernus B, Goustard B, Coudray C, et al. Myostatin deficiency is associated with lipidomic abnormalities in skeletal muscles. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Biol Lipids. 2017;1862:1044-1055 pubmed publisher..We observed that Mstn KO muscle had reduced fat membrane transporter levels (FAT/CD36, FABP3, FATP1 and FATP4) associated with decreased lipid oxidative pathway (citrate synthase and ?-HAD activities) and ..
- Venkatesan R, Park Y, Ji E, Yeo E, Kim S. Malathion increases apoptotic cell death by inducing lysosomal membrane permeabilization in N2a neuroblastoma cells: a model for neurodegeneration in Alzheimer's disease. Cell Death Discov. 2017;3:17007 pubmed publisher..Malathion-treated N2a cells can be utilized as an in vitro model system to screen natural and new chemical drug candidates for neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Zanotti G, Scapin G, Spadon P, Veerkamp J, Sacchettini J. Three-dimensional structure of recombinant human muscle fatty acid-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:18541-50 pubmed..These findings suggest that the intestinal and muscle fatty acid-binding proteins have evolved distinct binding sites in order to satisfy different requirements within the tissues where they are expressed. ..
- Teunissen C, Veerhuis R, de Vente J, Verhey F, Vreeling F, van Boxtel M, et al. Brain-specific fatty acid-binding protein is elevated in serum of patients with dementia-related diseases. Eur J Neurol. 2011;18:865-71 pubmed publisher..In contrast to heart-type FABP, serum levels of brain-type FABP are elevated in a significant proportion of patients with various neurodegenerative diseases and can therefore have importance for defining subgroups of these patients. ..
- Varrone F, Gargano B, Carullo P, Di Silvestre D, De Palma A, Grasso L, et al. The circulating level of FABP3 is an indirect biomarker of microRNA-1. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013;61:88-95 pubmed publisher..transgenic mouse model overexpressing miR-1 were used to demonstrate that heart-type fatty acid-binding protein-3 (FABP3) is a target of miR-1...
- Spener F, Unterberg C, Borchers T, Grosse R. Characteristics of fatty acid-binding proteins and their relation to mammary-derived growth inhibitor. Mol Cell Biochem. 1990;98:57-68 pubmed..A bovine mammary-derived growth inhibitor (MDGI) is 95% homologous to the cardiac-type FABP from bovine heart...
- Giannessi D, Piacenti M, Maltinti M, Rossi A, Di Cecco P, Startari U, et al. Heart-type fatty acid binding protein is an early marker of myocardial damage after radiofrequency catheter ablation. Clin Biochem. 2010;43:1241-5 pubmed publisher..h-FABP may be an early parameter for monitoring RF-induced lesions and the site of ablation was relevant for biomarker increase. ..
- Guo L, Alexopoulos P, Perneczky R. Heart-type fatty acid binding protein and vascular endothelial growth factor: cerebrospinal fluid biomarker candidates for Alzheimer's disease. Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2013;263:553-60 pubmed publisher..The present study provides evidence in support of hFABP and VEGF in CSF as AD biomarker candidates to be used in combination with the established markers A?1-42, tTau, and pTau181. ..
- Sumantran V, Mishra P, Sudhakar N. Microarray analysis of differentially expressed genes regulating lipid metabolism during melanoma progression. Indian J Biochem Biophys. 2015;52:125-31 pubmed..PPARGC1A transcription factor and its target genes regulating synthesis of fatty acids (SCD) and complex lipids (FABP3 and ACSL3)...
- Kusudo T, Hashida Y, Ando F, Shimokata H, Yamashita H. Asp3Gly polymorphism affects fatty acid-binding protein 3 intracellular stability and subcellular localization. FEBS Lett. 2015;589:2382-7 pubmed publisher..In this study, we investigate the effects of the FABP3 Asp3Gly (D3G) polymorphism on protein structure and function...
- Chen M, Chang J, Lin Y, Pan K, Ho W, Liu W, et al. Deciphering the gene expression profile of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor signaling pathway in the left atria of patients with mitral regurgitation. J Transl Med. 2016;14:157 pubmed publisher..The expressions of APOA1, ACADM, FABP3, ETFDH, ECH1, CPT1B, CPT2, SLC27A6, ACAA2, SMARCD3, SORBS1, EHHADH, SLC27A1, PPARGC1B, PPARA and CPT1A were ..
- Renaville B, Bacciu N, Lanzoni M, Mossa F, Piasentier E. Association of single nucleotide polymorphisms in fat metabolism candidate genes with fatty acid profiles of muscle and subcutaneous fat in heavy pigs. Meat Sci. 2018;139:220-227 pubmed publisher..However, the effect of the analyzed genes, needs to be verified in a larger and better characterized pig population to support the hypothesized associations with FA content. ..
- Xie P, Li Y, Chan C, Cheung K, Cautherley G, Renneberg R. A one-step immunotest for rapid detection of heart-type fatty acid-binding protein in patients with acute coronary syndromes. J Immunoassay Immunochem. 2010;31:24-32 pubmed publisher..909, which was significantly larger than the others. With this rapid and sensitive immunotest, H-FABP could be soon introduced in clinical practice in combination with well-established markers like troponins. ..
- Lane S, Camera D, Lassiter D, Areta J, Bird S, Yeo W, et al. Effects of sleeping with reduced carbohydrate availability on acute training responses. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2015;119:643-55 pubmed publisher..01), coinciding with increases in ACC(Ser79) and CPT1 as well as mRNA expression of CD36 and FABP3 (P < 0.05)...
- Vupputuri A, Sekhar S, Krishnan S, Venugopal K, Natarajan K. Heart-type fatty acid-binding protein (H-FABP) as an early diagnostic biomarker in patients with acute chest pain. Indian Heart J. 2015;67:538-42 pubmed publisher..Detection of myocardial injury by H-FABP may also be applied in patients with unstable angina. H-FABP can also be used as a marker for early detection of STEMI before the ECG changes become apparent. ..
- Xu L, Yang Y, Tong H, Xu C. Early Diagnostic Performance of Heart-Type Fatty Acid Binding Protein in Suspected Acute Myocardial Infarction: Evidence From a Meta-Analysis of Contemporary Studies. Heart Lung Circ. 2018;27:503-512 pubmed publisher..The incremental value of H-FABP seemed much smaller and was of uncertain clinical significance in addition to hs-Tn in patients with suspected AMI. Routine use of H-FABP in early presentation does not seem warranted. ..
- Huang W, Zhang X, Li A, Xie L, Miao X. Differential regulation of mRNAs and lncRNAs related to lipid metabolism in two pig breeds. Oncotarget. 2017;8:87539-87553 pubmed publisher..i>XLOC_019518 and XLOC_013639 might target SCD, LPIN1, TRIB3, EGR2 and FABP3, respectively, and then play critical regulatory role...
- Schaub J, Garg A, Coca S, Testani J, Shlipak M, Eikelboom J, et al. Perioperative heart-type fatty acid binding protein is associated with acute kidney injury after cardiac surgery. Kidney Int. 2015;88:576-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, perioperative plasma H-FABP levels may be used for risk stratification of AKI and mortality following cardiac surgery. ..
- Hashimoto T, Kusakabe T, Sugino T, Fukuda T, Watanabe K, Sato Y, et al. Expression of heart-type fatty acid-binding protein in human gastric carcinoma and its association with tumor aggressiveness, metastasis and poor prognosis. Pathobiology. 2004;71:267-73 pubmed..0004). A subset of human gastric carcinoma expresses H-FABP and its expression is associated with FAS status, disease progression, tumor aggressiveness and poor patient survival. ..
- Zhao S, Ren L, Chen L, Zhang X, Cheng M, Li W, et al. Differential expression of lipid metabolism related genes in porcine muscle tissue leading to different intramuscular fat deposition. Lipids. 2009;44:1029-37 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the mechanism of higher IMF content in fatty pigs may be due to the higher capacity of lipogenesis and fatty acid transportation and the lower capacity of lipolysis. ..
- Turan T, Agac M, Aykan A, Kul S, Akyüz A, Gökdeniz T, et al. Usefulness of Heart-Type Fatty Acid-Binding Protein and Myocardial Performance Index for Early Detection of 5-Fluorouracil Cardiotoxicity. Angiology. 2017;68:52-58 pubmed..Our results suggest that ischemia coronary vasospasm due to 5-FU cardiotoxicity should be reviewed. Furthermore, Tei index might be a sensitive indicator of occult 5-FU cardiotoxicity. ..
- Suarez Vega A, Gutiérrez Gil B, Arranz J. Transcriptome expression analysis of candidate milk genes affecting cheese-related traits in 2 sheep breeds. J Dairy Sci. 2016;99:6381-6390 pubmed publisher..The differential expression of these genes could have a direct influence on the different phenotypes observed between the 2 analyzed breeds. ..
- Kühne H, Obst Sander U, Kuhn B, Conte A, Ceccarelli S, Neidhart W, et al. Design and synthesis of selective, dual fatty acid binding protein 4 and 5 inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2016;26:5092-5097 pubmed publisher..selectivity profile in the desired way and to design potent dual FABP4/5 inhibitors with good selectivity against FABP3. With very good pharmacokinetic properties and no major safety alerts, compound 12 was identified as a suitable ..
- Inoue K, Suwa S, Ohta H, Itoh S, Maruyama S, Masuda N, et al. Heart fatty acid-binding protein offers similar diagnostic performance to high-sensitivity troponin T in emergency room patients presenting with chest pain. Circ J. 2011;75:2813-20 pubmed..H-FABP offers similar overall diagnostic performance, while the combination of H-FABP and MPO assays may improve the diagnosis of ACS, particularly in patients with recent onset of chest pain. ..
- Bjerke M, Kern S, Blennow K, Zetterberg H, Waern M, BÃ¶rjesson Hanson A, et al. Cerebrospinal Fluid Fatty Acid-Binding Protein 3 is Related to Dementia Development in a Population-Based Sample of Older Adult Women Followed for 8 Years. J Alzheimers Dis. 2016;49:733-41 pubmed publisher..031), but not with AÎ²42 (râ€Š=â€Š-0.08, pâ€Š=â€Š0.444)CONCLUSION:CSF FABP-3 may be an early marker for later development of dementia, probably related to neuronal degeneration, but independent of AÎ² metabolism. ..
- Xu H, Zhang Y, Wang C, Wei Y, Zheng K, Liang M. Cloning and characterization of fatty acid-binding proteins (fabps) from Japanese seabass (Lateolabraxjaponicus) liver, and their gene expressions in response to dietary arachidonic acid (ARA). Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;204:27-34 pubmed publisherIn the present study, putative cDNA of five fabp isoforms, i.e., fabp1, fabp2, fabp3, fabp4, and fabp7, was cloned and characterized from the liver of Japanese seabass (Lateolabrax japonicus), and their expression in response to diets ..
- Jenab Y, Pourjafari M, Sotoudeh M, Lotfi Tokaldany M, Etesamifard N, Shirani S, et al. Comparing the effect of cardiac biomarkers on the outcome of normotensive patients with acute pulmonary embolism. Monaldi Arch Chest Dis. 2017;87:767 pubmed publisher..This biomarker may be capable of improving prediction of outcome and clinical care in non-high-risk PE. ..
- Zhao F, McParland S, Kearney F, Du L, Berry D. Detection of selection signatures in dairy and beef cattle using high-density genomic information. Genet Sel Evol. 2015;47:49 pubmed publisher..e. DGAT1, ABCG2, MSTN, CAPN3, FABP3, CHCHD7, PLAG1, JAZF1, PRKG2, ACTC1, TBC1D1, GHR, BMP2, TSG1, LYN, KIT and MC1R that play a role in milk ..
- Hobohm L, Hellenkamp K, HasenfuÃŸ G, MÃ¼nzel T, Konstantinides S, Lankeit M. Comparison of risk assessment strategies for not-high-risk pulmonary embolism. Eur Respir J. 2016;47:1170-8 pubmed publisher..All scores and algorithms accurately identified low-risk patients, while the modified FAST score appears more suitable to identify intermediate-high-risk patients. ..
- YÄ±lmaz F, ArÄ± Yuca S, Vatansev H, Cimbek E, Åžen Y, YÄ±lmaz Ä, et al. Heart-Type Fatty Acid Binding Protein Level as a Tool in Identification of Early Cardiac Effects of Diabetic Ketoacidosis. J Clin Res Pediatr Endocrinol. 2017;9:118-123 pubmed publisher..015). The H-FABP value of the DKA group was also found to be significantly higher than the value at hour 36 after acidosis correction (p=0.0001). We would like to propose H-FABP as a potential marker for indicating myocardial ischemia. ..
- Huynh H, Larsson C, Narod S, Pollak M. Tumor suppressor activity of the gene encoding mammary-derived growth inhibitor. Cancer Res. 1995;55:2225-31 pubmedThe gene encoding mammary-derived growth inhibitor (MDGI), a protein previously purified from bovine mammary gland and shown to have modest antiproliferative activity for human breast cancer cells in vitro, is demonstrated to function as ..
- Matsumoto S, Nakatani D, Sakata Y, Suna S, Shimizu M, Usami M, et al. Elevated serum heart-type fatty acid-binding protein in the convalescent stage predicts long-term outcome in patients surviving acute myocardial infarction. Circ J. 2013;77:1026-32 pubmed..039) and readmission for HF (HR, 2.49; 95% CI: 1.15-5.39, P=0.020). Elevated serum H-FABP during the convalescent stage of AMI predicted long-term mortality and readmission for HF after survival discharge in the post-AMI patients. ..
- Dogan H, Sarikaya S, Neijmann S, Uysal E, Yucel N, Ozucelik D, et al. N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide as a marker of blunt cardiac contusion in trauma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:6786-92 pubmed..The use of NT-proBNP as an adjunct to other diagnostic tests, such as troponins, electrocardiography (ECG), chest x-ray and echocardiogram may be beneficial for diagnosis of BCC. ..
- Lankeit M, Dellas C, Panzenböck A, Skoro Sajer N, Bonderman D, Olschewski M, et al. Heart-type fatty acid-binding protein for risk assessment of chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Eur Respir J. 2008;31:1024-9 pubmed publisher..Heart-type fatty acid-binding protein is a promising novel biomarker for risk stratification of patients with chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. ..
- Zeren G, Erer H, Kırış T, Sahin O, Aksu H, Koprulu D, et al. [Relation of heart-type fatty acid-binding protein with the degree and extent of atherosclerosis in patients with non-ST elevation acute coronary syndrome]. Turk Kardiyol Dern Ars. 2013;41:610-6 pubmed publisher..05). H-FABP is a useful marker for the diagnosis and risk evaluation of patients with non-ST elevation ACS. However, it is insufficient in evaluating the severity of CAD. ..
- Gul E, Can I, Kayrak M, Abdulhalikov T, Erdogan H, Altunbas G, et al. Thrombolysis in patients with pulmonary embolism and elevated heart-type fatty acid-binding protein levels. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2014;37:483-9 pubmed publisher..Despite, h-FABP was successful to predict 30-days mortality in patients with PE at intermediate risk; it is suggested to be failed in determining the patients who will benefit from thrl therapy. ..
- Shi H, Zhang C, Zhao W, Luo J, Loor J. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor delta facilitates lipid secretion and catabolism of fatty acids in dairy goat mammary epithelial cells. J Dairy Sci. 2017;100:797-806 pubmed publisher..synthesis (ACACA and FASN), desaturation (SCD), hydrolysis and oxidation (PNPLA2 and CPT1A), transport and uptake (FABP3 and CD36), or triacylglycerol synthesis (DGAT1 and AGPAT6) in goat mammary epithelial cells...
- Ferreira I, Vieira G, Braga T, Silva T, Franco M, Antunes R. Study of genetic variability in pigs after the traditional breeding program. Genet Mol Res. 2017;16: pubmed publisher..The D1 allele presented a frequency of 11% and the D2 allele of 89%. The high intensity of selection for commercial breeds justifies the absence or the low number of polymorphisms for the genes studied. ..
- Shi H, Zhang T, Li C, Wang J, Huang J, Li Z. trans-10,cis-12-Conjugated Linoleic Acid Affects Expression of Lipogenic Genes in Mammary Glands of Lactating Dairy Goats. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:9460-9467 pubmed publisher..01). RT-qPCR results revealed decreases of the mRNA expression levels of SREBF1, PPARG, LPL, CD36, FABP3, ACSL1, FASN, ACACA, DGAT2, TIP47, ADRP, and BTN1A1 genes in mammary glands (p < 0...
- Nielsen S, Spener F. Fatty acid-binding protein from rat heart is phosphorylated on Tyr19 in response to insulin stimulation. J Lipid Res. 1993;34:1355-66 pubmed..A hypothesis is discussed in which phosphorylated FABP serves as a signalling molecule in the insulin signal transduction cascade. ..
- Kilcullen N, Viswanathan K, Das R, Morrell C, Farrin A, Barth J, et al. Heart-type fatty acid-binding protein predicts long-term mortality after acute coronary syndrome and identifies high-risk patients across the range of troponin values. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007;50:2061-7 pubmed
- Yan G, Lin J, Hao X, Xue H, Zhang K, Wang L. Heart-type fatty acid-binding protein is a useful marker for organ dysfunction and leptin alleviates sepsis-induced organ injuries by restraining its tissue levels. Eur J Pharmacol. 2009;616:244-50 pubmed publisher..Other investigated variables showed different but independent alterations. In conclusion, H-FABP represents a useful diagnostic marker for organ dysfunction, and its association with leptin will be a novel target for emergency aid. ..
- Jassim G, Fernø J, Theisen F, Haberhausen M, Christoforou A, Håvik B, et al. Association study of energy homeostasis genes and antipsychotic-induced weight gain in patients with schizophrenia. Pharmacopsychiatry. 2011;44:15-20 pubmed publisher..We genotyped tagSNPs in several genes ( ADIPOQ, PRKAA1, PRKAA2, PRKAB1, PRKAG1, PRKAG2, PRKAG3, FTO and FABP3) that regulate lipid and energy homeostasis for their possible association to antipsychotic-induced weight gain...
- Hayabuchi Y, Inoue M, Watanabe N, Sakata M, Ohnishi T, Kagami S. Serum concentration of heart-type fatty acid-binding protein in children and adolescents with congenital heart disease. Circ J. 2011;75:1992-7 pubmed..H-FABP could serve as a new monitoring tool to provide information that will guide the optimal therapy and management of CHD patients. ..
- Tosse V, Pillekamp F, Verde P, Hadzik B, Sabir H, Mayatepek E, et al. Urinary NT-proBNP, NGAL, and H-FABP may predict hemodynamic relevance of patent ductus arteriosus in very low birth weight infants. Neonatology. 2012;101:260-6 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, NGAL and H-FABP may be used to indicate the necessity of pharmacological or surgical treatment of PDA. ..
- Wang S, Zhou Y, Andreyev O, Hoyt R, Singh A, Hunt T, et al. Overexpression of FABP3 inhibits human bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cell proliferation but enhances their survival in hypoxia. Exp Cell Res. 2014;323:56-65 pubmed publisher..Cardiac-type fatty acid binding protein (FABP3) is a specific biomarker of muscle and heart tissue injury...
- Kim Y, Kim S, Kim Y, Kwon H, Kim J, Lee H, et al. Polymorphisms of the heart-type fatty acid-binding protein as a prognostic factor in patients with atherosclerosis. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2014;44:67-72 pubmedThe amount of heart-type fatty acid-binding protein (FABP3) in cardiomyocytes may affect the prognosis of patients with coronary atherosclerosis...
- Güneş F, Asik M, Temiz A, Vural A, Sen H, Binnetoglu E, et al. Serum H-FABP levels in patients with hypothyroidism. Wien Klin Wochenschr. 2014;126:727-33 pubmed publisher..This suggests that H-FABP may be an indicator of low-level myocardial damage in HT, especially when used together with CIMT. Decreasing serum fT4 levels seem also to have an effect on H-FABP levels. ..
- Liu M, Yuan X, Qiu X, Shan X, Lin D, Zhu L. Prognostic role of heart-type fatty acid binding protein in pulmonary embolism: a meta-analysis. Thromb Res. 2015;135:20-5 pubmed publisher..81; 95%CI, 3.92-29.83). The results of this meta-analysis indicate that H-FABP is a good predictor for adverse outcomes in patients with acute PE. ..
- Gerede D, GÃ¼leÃ§ S, KiliÃ§kap M, Kaya C, Vurgun V, Ã–zcan Ã, et al. Comparison of a qualitative measurement of heart-type fatty acid-binding protein with other cardiac markers as an early diagnostic marker in the diagnosis of non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction. Cardiovasc J Afr. 2015;26:204-9 pubmed publisher..05) for patients presenting within three hours of onset of symptoms. Bedside H-FABP measurements may contribute to correct early diagnoses, as its levels are elevated soon following MI, and measurement is easy, with a rapid result. ..
- Zhang L, Zhou H, Peng Q, Jiang W, Qiao W, Wang G. Fatty acid binding protein 3 is associated with skeletal muscle strength in polymyositis and dermatomyositis. Int J Rheum Dis. 2017;20:252-260 pubmed publisherTo determine serum levels and histopathological characteristics of fatty acid binding protein 3 (FABP3) in patients with polymyositis (PM) and dermatomyositis (DM), and to evaluate the correlation between the FABP3 and muscle strength...
- Otaki Y, Watanabe T, Kubota I. Heart-type fatty acid-binding protein in cardiovascular disease: A systemic review. Clin Chim Acta. 2017;474:44-53 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss the clinical applications of H-FABP as a prognostic marker in various clinical settings. ..
- Connolly M, Shand J, Kinnin M, Menown I, Kurth M, Lamont J, et al. Heart-Type Fatty Acid-Binding Protein (H-FABP) And Highly Sensitive Troponin T (hsTnT) As Markers of Myocardial Injury And Cardiovascular Events in Elective Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI). QJM. 2017;: pubmed publisher..To assess the prognostic value of biomarkers of myocardial injury following elective percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)...
- Zhao Y, Meng X, Wei Y, Zhao X, Liu D, Cao H, et al. Cloning and characterization of a novel cardiac-specific kinase that interacts specifically with cardiac troponin I. J Mol Med (Berl). 2003;81:297-304 pubmed..Our data suggest that TNNI3K is a cardiac-specific kinase and play important roles in cardiac system. ..
- Okano T, Kondo T, Fujii K, Nishimura T, Takano T, Ohe Y, et al. Proteomic signature corresponding to the response to gefitinib (Iressa, ZD1839), an epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor in lung adenocarcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:799-805 pubmed..Study of these proteins may contribute to the development of personalized therapy for lung cancer patients. ..
- Muehlschlegel J, Perry T, Liu K, Fox A, Collard C, Shernan S, et al. Heart-type fatty acid binding protein is an independent predictor of death and ventricular dysfunction after coronary artery bypass graft surgery. Anesth Analg. 2010;111:1101-9 pubmed publisher..Compared with traditional markers of myocardial injury after CABG surgery, hFABP peaks earlier and is a superior independent predictor of postoperative mortality and ventricular dysfunction. ..
- Arsov S, Trajceska L, van Oeveren W, Smit A, Dzekova P, Stegmayr B, et al. Increase in skin autofluorescence and release of heart-type fatty acid binding protein in plasma predicts mortality of hemodialysis patients. Artif Organs. 2013;37:E114-22 pubmed publisher..One-year ?AF and plasma H-FABP, used separately and in combination, are strong predictors of overall and cardiovascular mortality in HD patients. ..
- Shimamoto C, Ohnishi T, Maekawa M, Watanabe A, Ohba H, Arai R, et al. Functional characterization of FABP3, 5 and 7 gene variants identified in schizophrenia and autism spectrum disorder and mouse behavioral studies. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:6495-511 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we identified and reported several rare non-synonymous polymorphisms of the brain-expressed genes FABP3, FABP5 and FABP7 from schizophrenia and autism spectrum disorder (ASD), diseases known to part share genetic ..
- Hoffmann U, Espeter F, WeiÃŸ C, Ahmad Nejad P, Lang S, Brueckmann M, et al. Ischemic biomarker heart-type fatty acid binding protein (hFABP) in acute heart failure - diagnostic and prognostic insights compared to NT-proBNP and troponin I. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2015;15:50 pubmed publisher..hFABP may improve prognosis for long-term AHF-RH, whereas TnI may improve prognosis for ACM. ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00143793 . ..
- Al Mashali M, Morris N, McDowell G, Body R. The interobserver reliability of a novel qualitative point of care assay for heart-type fatty acid binding protein. Clin Biochem. 2016;49:1199-1201 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate the interobserver reliability of a qualitative point of care h-FABP assay. Further work must evaluate diagnostic accuracy and determine the clinical implications of the small rate of disagreement. ..
- Body R, Carlton E, Sperrin M, Lewis P, Burrows G, Carley S, et al. Troponin-only Manchester Acute Coronary Syndromes (T-MACS) decision aid: single biomarker re-derivation and external validation in three cohorts. Emerg Med J. 2017;34:349-356 pubmed publisher..The latter is not always available. We aimed to refine and validate MACS as Troponin-only Manchester Acute Coronary Syndromes (T-MACS), cutting down the biomarkers to just hs-cTnT...
- Van Hise C, Greenslade J, Parsonage W, Than M, Young J, Cullen L. External validation of heart-type fatty acid binding protein, high-sensitivity cardiac troponin, and electrocardiography as rule-out for acute myocardial infarction. Clin Biochem. 2018;52:161-163 pubmed publisher..Each of the algorithms can be used to safely identify patients as low risk for AMI on presentation to the Emergency Department. ..
- Goldstein R. Skeletal Muscle Injury Biomarkers: Assay Qualification Efforts and Translation to the Clinic. Toxicol Pathol. 2017;45:943-951 pubmed publisher..Ongoing efforts are directed toward the application of the MIP panel biomarkers in clinical studies and regulatory qualification...
- Ganguly B, Ambwani T, Rastogi S. Electronic Northern Analysis of Genes and Modeling of Gene Networks Underlying Bovine Milk Fat Production. Genet Res Int. 2017;2017:1910530 pubmed publisher..13 genes (ACSS1, ACSS2, ADFP, CD36, FABP3, FASN, GPAM, INSIG1, LPL, SCD5, SPTLC1, SREBF1, and XDH..
- Park S, Kim M, Kim O, Ahn H, Song J, Jeong J, et al. Plasma heart-type fatty acid binding protein level in acute ischemic stroke: comparative analysis with plasma S100B level for diagnosis of stroke and prediction of long-term clinical outcome. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2013;115:405-10 pubmed publisher..Plasma H-FABP can be used as a potential marker for stroke prognosis. ..
- Cubranic Z, Madzar Z, Matijevic S, Dvornik S, Fisić E, Tomulić V, et al. Diagnostic accuracy of heart fatty acid binding protein (H-FABP) and glycogen phosphorylase isoenzyme BB (GPBB) in diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction in patients with acute coronary syndrome. Biochem Med (Zagreb). 2012;22:225-36 pubmed..H-FABP and GPBB can contribute to early AMI diagnosis and can distinguish AMI from UA. ..