Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: F7
Description: coagulation factor VII
Alias: SPCA, coagulation factor VII, FVII coagulation protein, coagulation factor VII (serum prothrombin conversion accelerator), eptacog alfa, proconvertin
- Muth H, Kreis I, Zimmermann R, Tillmanns H, Hölschermann H. Differential gene expression in activated monocyte-derived macrophages following binding of factor VIIa to tissue factor. Thromb Haemost. 2005;94:1028-34 pubmed
- Huang H, Jia S, Chen S, Sha Y, Ma A, Ma X, et al. [The coagulation factor VII gene polymorphisms in patients with myocardial infarction in Ningxia Hui and Han populations]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2009;26:653-8 pubmed publisherTo investigate the characteristics for activated coagulation factor VII(F VIIa) and the R353Q, -323 0/10 bp, HVR4 polymorphisms in the gene in patients with coronary heart disease (CHD) and myocardial infarction from Ningxia Hui and Han ..
- Kathiresan S, Yang Q, Larson M, Camargo A, Tofler G, Hirschhorn J, et al. Common genetic variation in five thrombosis genes and relations to plasma hemostatic protein level and cardiovascular disease risk. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2006;26:1405-12 pubmed..we characterized LD structure at the fibrinogen gene cluster (fibrinogen-beta[FGB], FGA, and FGG), factor VII (F7), and tissue plasminogen activator (PLAT) loci...
- Girelli D, Russo C, Ferraresi P, Olivieri O, Pinotti M, Friso S, et al. Polymorphisms in the factor VII gene and the risk of myocardial infarction in patients with coronary artery disease. N Engl J Med. 2000;343:774-80 pubmedHigh plasma levels of coagulation factor VII have been suggested to be predictors of death due to coronary artery disease...
- Hartel C, Konig I, Köster S, Kattner E, Kuhls E, Küster H, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of hemostasis genes and primary outcome of very low birth weight infants. Pediatrics. 2006;118:683-9 pubmed..To better understand gene-disease associations in very low birth weight infants, the prospective development of large-scale cohorts with well-defined phenotypes and corresponding DNA samples is essential. ..
- Sabater Lleal M, Chillon M, Howard T, Gil E, Almasy L, Blangero J, et al. Functional analysis of the genetic variability in the F7 gene promoter. Atherosclerosis. 2007;195:262-8 pubmed..Some of the polymorphic differences in the promoter of the F7 gene have been associated with variations in FVII levels...
- Pollak E, Hung H, Godin W, Overton G, High K. Functional characterization of the human factor VII 5'-flanking region. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:1738-47 pubmed..Additionally, the sequence of a naturally occurring allele containing a previously described decanucleotide insert polymorphism at -323 is shown to reduce promoter activity by 33% compared with the more common allelic sequence. ..
- Hagen F, Gray C, O HARA P, Grant F, Saari G, Woodbury R, et al. Characterization of a cDNA coding for human factor VII. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1986;83:2412-6 pubmed..Factor VII shows a high degree of amino acid sequence homology with the other vitamin K-dependent plasma proteins. ..
- Marchetti G, Patracchini P, Gemmati D, DeRosa V, Pinotti M, Rodorigo G, et al. Detection of two missense mutations and characterization of a repeat polymorphism in the factor VII gene (F7). Hum Genet. 1992;89:497-502 pubmedThe 3' portion of the coagulation factor VII gene, containing the activation and serine protease domains, was investigated in four subjects with factor VII deficiency by temperature gradient gel electrophoresis and sequencing of ..
- Ito K, Goto K, Sugiura T, Muramatsu K, Ando T, Maniwa H, et al. Polymorphisms of the factor VII gene associated with the low activities of vitamin K-dependent coagulation factors in one-month-old infants. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2007;211:1-8 pubmed..Therefore, infants who carry the P10 allele or the Q allele show lower activity of VK-dependent coagulation factors. These infants may have a higher risk of VKDB manifestation. ..
- Aquilante C, Langaee T, Lopez L, Yarandi H, Tromberg J, Mohuczy D, et al. Influence of coagulation factor, vitamin K epoxide reductase complex subunit 1, and cytochrome P450 2C9 gene polymorphisms on warfarin dose requirements. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2006;79:291-302 pubmed..4% of the variability in warfarin dose requirements. Polymorphisms in warfarin drug target and metabolizing enzyme genes, in addition to nongenetic factors, were important determinants of warfarin dose requirements. ..
- Ghosh S, Pendurthi U, Steinoe A, Esmon C, Rao L. Endothelial cell protein C receptor acts as a cellular receptor for factor VIIa on endothelium. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:11849-57 pubmed..Overall, the present data provide convincing evidence that EPCR serves as a cellular binding site for FVII/FVIIa. Further studies are needed to evaluate the pathophysiological consequences and relevance of FVIIa binding to EPCR. ..
- Campo G, Valgimigli M, Ferraresi P, Malagutti P, Baroni M, Arcozzi C, et al. Tissue factor and coagulation factor VII levels during acute myocardial infarction: association with genotype and adverse events. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2006;26:2800-6 pubmedWe investigated in patients with ongoing myocardial infarction (MI) whether coagulation factor VII (FVII) and tissue factor (TF) levels are affected at admission by genetic components and whether they may predict subsequent cardiovascular ..
- Herrmann F, Wulff K, Auerswald G, Schulman S, Astermark J, Batorova A, et al. Factor VII deficiency: clinical manifestation of 717 subjects from Europe and Latin America with mutations in the factor 7 gene. Haemophilia. 2009;15:267-80 pubmed publisher..The severe haemorrhages - intracranial and gastrointestinal - were not reported in heterozygous subjects. The clinical variability and the regional differences in the mutation pattern are discussed regarding care and treatment. ..
- Ogawa M, Abe S, Biro S, Saigo M, Kihara T, Setoyama S, et al. R353Q polymorphism, activated factor VII, and risk of premature myocardial infarction in Japanese men. Circ J. 2004;68:520-5 pubmed..7+/-15.7%) and controls (87.0+/-9.0%) (p=0.557). Plasma FVIIa concentrations were influenced by R353Q polymorphism (p<0.001). The Q allele may be protective against premature MI. ..
- Bernardi F, Castaman G, Pinotti M, Ferraresi P, di Iasio M, Lunghi B, et al. Mutation pattern in clinically asymptomatic coagulation factor VII deficiency. Hum Mutat. 1996;8:108-15 pubmed..presurgery screening or checkup for prolonged prothrombin time, were characterized for the presence of coagulation factor VII deficiency...
- Wulff K, Herrmann F. Twenty two novel mutations of the factor VII gene in factor VII deficiency. Hum Mutat. 2000;15:489-96 pubmed..The human factor VII gene (FVII, also known as F7) spans 13 kb and is located on chromosome 13, 2.8 kb upstream of the factor X gene...
- Sen P, Gopalakrishnan R, Kothari H, Keshava S, Clark C, Esmon C, et al. Factor VIIa bound to endothelial cell protein C receptor activates protease activated receptor-1 and mediates cell signaling and barrier protection. Blood. 2011;117:3199-208 pubmed publisher..These findings are novel and of great clinical significance, because FVIIa is used clinically for the prevention of bleeding in hemophilia and other bleeding disorders. ..
- Smith N, Chen M, Dehghan A, Strachan D, Basu S, Soranzo N, et al. Novel associations of multiple genetic loci with plasma levels of factor VII, factor VIII, and von Willebrand factor: The CHARGE (Cohorts for Heart and Aging Research in Genome Epidemiology) Consortium. Circulation. 2010;121:1382-92 pubmed publisher..0x10(-259)), and 20q11.2 (5.7x10(-37)). Loci were within or near genes, including 4 new candidate genes and F7 (13q34). For vWF, 400 SNPs exceeded the threshold and marked 8 loci on 6 chromosomes: 6q24 (1.2x10(-22)), 8p21 (1...
- Borensztajn K, Sobrier M, Fischer A, Chafa O, Amselem S, Tapon Bretaudiere J. Factor VII gene intronic mutation in a lethal factor VII deficiency: effects on splice-site selection. Blood. 2003;102:561-3 pubmedIn a patient with lethal factor VII (FVII) deficiency, 2 homozygous nucleotide substitutions were identified in the F7 gene: a IVS7+2T>G transversion involving the IVS7 donor splice site, followed by a mutation at nucleotide 10588 that ..
- Nayak R, Sen P, Ghosh S, Gopalakrishnan R, Esmon C, Pendurthi U, et al. Endothelial cell protein C receptor cellular localization and trafficking: potential functional implications. Blood. 2009;114:1974-86 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results show that FVIIa or activated protein C binding to EPCR promotes EPCR endocytosis, and EPCR-mediated endocytosis may facilitate the transcytosis of FVIIa and its clearance from the circulation. ..
- Lindman A, Pedersen J, Arnesen H, Hjerkinn E, Veierød M, Prydz H, et al. Coagulation factor VII, R353Q polymorphism, and serum choline-containing phospholipids in males at high risk for coronary heart disease. Thromb Res. 2004;113:57-65 pubmedElevated levels of coagulation factor VII (FVII) have been associated with increased risk for myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Sass C, Blanquart C, Morange P, Pfister M, Visvikis Siest S. Association between factor VII polymorphisms and blood pressure: the Stanislas Cohort. Hypertension. 2004;44:674-80 pubmed..554, 95% confidence interval [CI], 0.362 to 0.848, and OR=0.475, 95% CI, 0.299 to 0.755, respectively). These results suggest that the FVII gene may be a susceptibility locus for hypertension. ..
- Fujimaki T, Kato K, Yoshida T, Oguri M, Watanabe S, Metoki N, et al. Association of genetic variants with myocardial infarction in Japanese individuals with chronic kidney disease. Thromb Haemost. 2009;101:963-8 pubmed..screen of allele frequencies by the chi-square test revealed that the 11496G-->A (Arg353Gln) polymorphism of F7 (rs6046) was significantly (false discovery rate <0...
- Karatela R, Sainani G. Interrelationships of Factor VII activity and plasma leptin with insulin resistance in coronary heart disease. Atherosclerosis. 2010;209:235-40 pubmed publisher..Raised FVII and leptin levels in CHD patients were independently associated with insulin resistance, this was not observed among the non-CHD subjects. ..
- Pinotti M, Rizzotto L, Balestra D, Lewandowska M, Cavallari N, Marchetti G, et al. U1-snRNA-mediated rescue of mRNA processing in severe factor VII deficiency. Blood. 2008;111:2681-4 pubmed..splice sites (5'ss), were engineered to restore correct mRNA processing in a cellular model of severe coagulation factor VII (FVII) deficiency, caused by the IVS7 9726 + 5g/a change...
- Girolami A, Berti de Marinis G, Bonamigo E, Allemand E. Worldwide diffusion of FVII Arg304Gln coagulation defect (FVII Padua). Eur J Haematol. 2011;86:135-9 pubmed publisher..The defect is characterized by low FVII activity when rabbit brain thromboplastins are used in the assay system. On the contrary, FVII levels are normal when ox-brain thromboplastins are used. FVII antigen is always normal. ..
- van der Krabben M, Rosendaal F, van der Bom J, Doggen C. Polymorphisms in coagulation factors and the risk of recurrent cardiovascular events in men after a first myocardial infarction. J Thromb Haemost. 2008;6:720-5 pubmed publisher..8 (95% confidence interval 0.8-4.1). These findings suggest that there is no association between coagulation factor polymorphisms, previously associated with plasma levels, and the risk of recurrent cardiovascular events. ..
- O Hara P, Grant F, Haldeman B, Gray C, Insley M, Hagen F, et al. Nucleotide sequence of the gene coding for human factor VII, a vitamin K-dependent protein participating in blood coagulation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1987;84:5158-62 pubmed..More than a quarter of the intron sequences and more than a third of the 3' untranslated portion of the mRNA transcript consist of these minisatellite tandem repeats. ..
- Koizume S, Jin M, Miyagi E, Hirahara F, Nakamura Y, Piao J, et al. Activation of cancer cell migration and invasion by ectopic synthesis of coagulation factor VII. Cancer Res. 2006;66:9453-60 pubmedBlood coagulation factor VII (fVII) is physiologically synthesized in the liver and released into the blood. Binding of fVII to tissue factor (TF) at sites of vascular injury triggers coagulation and hemostasis...
- Wu A, Tsongalis G. Correlation of polymorphisms to coagulation and biochemical risk factors for cardiovascular diseases. Am J Cardiol. 2001;87:1361-6 pubmed..The impact of certain genotypes must be examined in relation to other established risk factors and potentially new therapeutic strategies. ..
- Liu Y, Heng C, Saha N, Hong S, Low P. Genotype associations of factor VII gene with plasma factor VII coagulant activity and antigen levels in healthy Chinese. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2002;13:217-24 pubmed..In the Chinese, the 10 bp insertion may reduce transcription of the FVII gene, leading to the decreased synthesis of FVII protein and thus FVIIc. ..
- Kavlie A, Hiltunen L, Rasi V, Prydz H. Two novel mutations in the human coagulation factor VII promoter. Thromb Haemost. 2003;90:194-205 pubmed..Southwestern blotting and UV crosslinking analysis showed binding of three proteins (20, 20 and 50 kDa) to the putative initiator response element. The -32A/C mutant oligonucleotide bound two proteins. ..
- Mtiraoui N, Aboud N, Bouraoui H, Haizem S, Gris J, Busson M, et al. Reduction in coagulation factor VII plasma levels by R353Q but not the -323P0/10 promoter polymorphism in healthy Tunisians. Am J Hematol. 2005;79:11-6 pubmed..These data suggest that part of the previously described effects on FVIIc levels associated with the R/Q polymorphism may be explained by genetic variation in the promoter region of the FVII gene. ..
- Comes J, Devignes J, Thiebaugeorges O, Briquel M, Lecompte T. [Prophylactic use of a recombinant activated factor VII in delivery haemorrhage by caesarean in a woman with major factor VII deficiency: a case report]. Ann Biol Clin (Paris). 2011;69:713-9 pubmed publisher..was performed at 38th week of gestation with haemorrhagic prophylaxis consisting in administration of rFVIIa (eptacog alfa) at a dose of 20??g/kg, 30?min before surgery, then every 3?h during 48?h...
- Wu Y, Tu X, Lian Y, Chen F, Lan F, Zhu Z. Characterization of a Cys329Gly mutation causing hereditary factor VII deficiency. Acta Haematol. 2006;116:96-100 pubmed..Others have found a heterozygous Cys329Gly mutation in the F7 gene from patients of three different pedigrees...
- Arbini A, Mannucci M, Bauer K. A Thr359Met mutation in factor VII of a patient with a hereditary deficiency causes defective secretion of the molecule. Blood. 1996;87:5085-94 pubmed..We conclude that a Thr359Met mutation in factor VII results in a severe secretion defect that probably results from abnormal folding of the molecule. ..
- Wong P, Luettgen J, Rendina A, Kettner C, Xin B, Knabb R, et al. BMS-593214, an active site-directed factor VIIa inhibitor: enzyme kinetics, antithrombotic and antihaemostatic studies. Thromb Haemost. 2010;104:261-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that inhibition of FVIIa with small-molecule active-site inhibitors represents a promising antithrombotic approach for the development of new therapies for the prevention and treatment of AT and VT. ..
- Sobti R, Maithil N, Thakur H, Sharma Y, Talwar K. Association of ACE and FACTOR VII gene variability with the risk of coronary heart disease in north Indian population. Mol Cell Biochem. 2010;341:87-98 pubmed publisher..18, 95% CI 0.09-0.36, P < 0.001. Our study showed D allele of ACE to be associated with marginal risk of CHD, AA genotype of FACTOR VII R353Q and H6H7 and H7H7 genotypes of FACTOR VII VNTR showed protective effect for CHD. ..
- Zantek N, Hsu P, Refaai M, Ledford Kraemer M, Meijer P, Van Cott E. Factor VII assay performance: an analysis of the North American Specialized Coagulation Laboratory Association proficiency testing results. Int J Lab Hematol. 2013;35:314-21 pubmed publisher..6 U/dL. Preliminary evidence suggests these differences could be due to the calibrator. For FVII <50 U/dL, differences among the commonly used reagents and calibrators were generally not significant. ..
- Bjelke J, Olsen O, Fodje M, Svensson L, Bang S, Bolt G, et al. Mechanism of the Ca2+-induced enhancement of the intrinsic factor VIIa activity. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:25863-70 pubmed publisher..We propose that Ca(2+) stimulates the intrinsic FVIIa activity by a combination of charge neutralization and loop stabilization. ..
- Freeman D, Tham K, Brown E, Rumley A, Lowe G, Greer I. Fetal corticotrophin-releasing hormone mRNA, but not phosphatidylserine-exposing microparticles, in maternal plasma are associated with factor VII activity in pre-eclampsia. J Thromb Haemost. 2008;6:421-7 pubmed publisher..001) in pre-eclampsia. Placental debris, assessed by fetal CRH mRNA levels in maternal blood, is related to coagulation potential, i.e. FVII activity, but not to markers of coagulation or endothelial activation in pre-eclampsia. ..
- Woehrle D, Martinez M, Bolliger D. [Hereditary heterozygous factor VII deficiency in patients undergoing surgery : Clinical relevance]. Anaesthesist. 2016;65:746-754 pubmed..For decision-making on preoperative substitution, patient history of an increased tendency to bleed may be more important than the FVII level or increased INR value. ..
- Fazavana J, Muczynski V, Proulle V, Wohner N, Christophe O, Lenting P, et al. LDL receptor-related protein 1 contributes to the clearance of the activated factor VII-antithrombin complex. J Thromb Haemost. 2016;14:2458-2470 pubmed publisher..Conclusions Our data show that FVIIa-antithrombin but not FVIIa is a ligand for LRP1, and that LRP1 contributes to the clearance of FVIIa-antithrombin in vivo. ..
- Kang W, Wang H, Xiong L, Wang X, Chu H, Qu B, et al. Polymorphisms of the coagulation factor VII gene and its plasma levels in relation to acute cerebral infarction differences in allelic frequencies between Chinese Han and European populations. Chin Med J (Engl). 2004;117:71-4 pubmedb>Coagulation factor VII (FVII) levels in plasma are usually related to ischemic heart disease (IHD) and cerebral infarction shares many of the risk factors related to IHD...
- Laasanen J, Hiltunen M, Punnonen K, Mannermaa A, Heinonen S. Fibrinogen and factor VII promoter polymorphisms in women with preeclampsia. Obstet Gynecol. 2002;100:317-20 pubmed
- Chen V. Tissue factor de-encryption, thrombus formation, and thiol-disulfide exchange. Semin Thromb Hemost. 2013;39:40-7 pubmed publisher..In particular, redox active extracellular protein disulfide isomerase is involved in the earliest stages of thrombus initiation and has proven to be a potential target for antithrombotic drug development. ..
- Hao X, Cheng X, Wang Y, Yang L, Xie Y, Wang M, et al. A novel gene insertion combined with a missense mutation causing factor VII deficiency in two unrelated Chinese families. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2015;26:687-90 pubmed publisherHereditary coagulation factor VII (FVII) deficiency is a rare bleeding disorder characterized by reduced FVII activity (FVII:C) and inconsistent FVII antigen (FVII:Ag)...
- Gajsiewicz J, Nuzzio K, Rienstra C, Morrissey J. Tissue Factor Residues That Modulate Magnesium-Dependent Rate Enhancements of the Tissue Factor/Factor VIIa Complex. Biochemistry. 2015;54:4665-71 pubmed publisher..Notably, these TF residues are located within or immediately adjacent to the putative substrate-binding exosite of TF. ..
- Klein O, Okwuosa T, Chan C, Schreiner P, Kanaya A, Liu K, et al. Changes in procoagulants track longitudinally with insulin resistance: findings from the coronary artery risk development in young adults (CARDIA) study. Diabet Med. 2014;31:462-5 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insight into the mechanisms to explain the heightened risk for thrombosis in adults with insulin resistance/diabetes. ..
- Quintavalle G, Riccardi F, Rivolta G, Martorana D, Di Perna C, Percesepe A, et al. F7 gene variants modulate protein levels in a large cohort of patients with factor VII deficiency. Results from a genotype-phenotype study. Thromb Haemost. 2017;117:1455-1464 pubmed publisherCongenital factor VII (FVII) deficiency is a rare bleeding disorder caused by mutations in F7 gene with autosomal recessive inheritance. A clinical heterogeneity with poor correlation with FVII:C levels has been described...
- Jin Y, Wang Y, Hao X, Yang L, Xie H, Zhu L, et al. [Genetic analysis of a pedigree with hereditary coagulation factor â…¦ deficiency]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2015;32:222-5 pubmed publisher..Two heterozygous mutations, g.11349G>A and g.11482T>G, both reside in exon 8 of the F7 gene, have resulted in p.Arg304Gln and p.His348Gln substitutions, were identified in the proband...
- Silveira A, Scanavini D, Boquist S, Ericsson C, Hellenius M, Leander K, et al. Relationships of plasma factor VIIa-antithrombin complexes to manifest and future cardiovascular disease. Thromb Res. 2012;130:221-5 pubmed publisherLow levels of free activated coagulation factor VII (VIIa) are normally present in plasma to prime the coagulation of blood in normal hemostasis and during thrombus formation...
- Ozawa T, Takikawa Y, Niiya K, Ejiri N, Suzuki K, Sato S, et al. Factor VII Morioka (FVII L-26P): a homozygous missense mutation in the signal sequence identified in a patient with factor VII deficiency. Br J Haematol. 1998;101:47-9 pubmed
- Waters E, Yegneswaran S, Morrissey J. Raising the active site of factor VIIa above the membrane surface reduces its procoagulant activity but not factor VII autoactivation. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:26062-8 pubmed..These studies indicate that proper positioning of the factor VII/VIIa binding site on tissue factor above the membrane surface is important for efficient rates of activation of factor X by this membrane-bound enzyme/cofactor complex. ..
- Quek S, Low P, Saha N, Heng C. The effects of three factor VII polymorphisms on factor VII coagulant levels in healthy Singaporean Chinese, Malay and Indian newborns. Ann Hum Genet. 2006;70:951-7 pubmed..Three polymorphisms of the factor VII gene (F7) were studied in a group of healthy newborns comprising 561 Chinese, 398 Malays and 226 Asian Indians from Singapore...
- Orning L, Fischer P, Hu C, Agner E, Engebretsen M, Husbyn M, et al. A cyclic pentapeptide derived from the second EGF-like domain of Factor VII is an inhibitor of tissue factor dependent coagulation and thrombus formation. Thromb Haemost. 2002;87:13-21 pubmed
- Cavallari N, Balestra D, Branchini A, Maestri I, Chuamsunrit A, Sasanakul W, et al. Activation of a cryptic splice site in a potentially lethal coagulation defect accounts for a functional protein variant. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1822:1109-13 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we provide experimental clues for traces of FVII expression, which might have reverted an otherwise perinatally lethal genetic condition. ..
- Petrovan R, Ruf W. Role of zymogenicity-determining residues of coagulation factor VII/VIIa in cofactor interaction and macromolecular substrate recognition. Biochemistry. 2002;41:9302-9 pubmed
- Stessman J, Maaravi Y, Hammerman Rozenberg R, Cohen A, Nemanov L, Gritsenko I, et al. Candidate genes associated with ageing and life expectancy in the Jerusalem longitudinal study. Mech Ageing Dev. 2005;126:333-9 pubmed..Overall, the more genetically homogenous Ashkenazi ethnic group showed evidence for association in five genes examined suggesting that future studies in this population would gainfully focus on this ethnic group. ..
- Weeterings C, de Groot P, Adelmeijer J, Lisman T. The glycoprotein Ib-IX-V complex contributes to tissue factor-independent thrombin generation by recombinant factor VIIa on the activated platelet surface. Blood. 2008;112:3227-33 pubmed publisher..The rFVIIa-GPIbalpha interaction could contribute to cessation of bleeding after administration of rFVIIa to patients with bleeding disorders. ..
- Chafa O, Fischer A, Reghis A, Tapon Bretaudiere J. Homozygous nonsense mutation (Cys72-->stop) in the human F7 gene: a not life-threatening mutation despite the absence of circulating factor VII. J Thromb Haemost. 2005;3:175-7 pubmed
- Groebke Zbinden K, Banner D, Ackermann J, D Arcy A, Kirchhofer D, Ji Y, et al. Design of selective phenylglycine amide tissue factor/factor VIIa inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2005;15:817-22 pubmed
- Osterlund M, Persson E, Carlsson U, Freskgård P, Svensson M. Sequential coagulation factor VIIa domain binding to tissue factor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;337:1276-82 pubmed..Moreover, when the Gla domain of FVIIa is removed the difference in the rate of association for the remaining domains is much more pronounced. ..
- Zhidong W, Xiaojun H. Severe factor VII deficiency caused by a novel point mutation (Arg353Pro) combined with a rare Cys22Arg mutation. Thromb Haemost. 2007;98:687-8 pubmed
- Pegoraro R, Ranjith N, Rom L. Coagulation gene polymorphisms as risk factors for myocardial infarction in young Indian Asians. Cardiovasc J S Afr. 2005;16:152-7 pubmed..Factor VII genetic variants, namely the 10 bp promoter insertion/deletion and R353Q polymorphisms, may possibly play a protective role through their association with elevated HDL and low LDL levels, respectively. ..