Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: F7
Description: coagulation factor VII (serum prothrombin conversion accelerator)
Alias: SPCA, FVII coagulation protein, coagulation factor VII, eptacog alfa, proconvertin
Publications158 found, 100 shown here
- [Application of activated eptacog alfa in cardiac surgery]Maciej Zagórski
10 Wojskowy Szpital Kliniczny w Bydgoszczy, Klinika Kardiologii i Kardiochirurgii, Kliniczny Oddzial Kardiochirurgii
Pol Merkur Lekarski 31:15-9. 2011..Antybleeding drugs often are out of order. The aim of the study was to assess the efficacy of activated eptacog alfa treatment of patients with massive postoperative bleeding, which can not be controlled with conventional therapy
- Correlation of polymorphisms to coagulation and biochemical risk factors for cardiovascular diseasesA H Wu
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Hartford Hospital, Hartford, Connecticut 06102, USA
Am J Cardiol 87:1361-6. 2001..The impact of certain genotypes must be examined in relation to other established risk factors and potentially new therapeutic strategies...
- Functional characterization of the human factor VII 5'-flanking regionE S Pollak
Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 271:1738-47. 1996..Additionally, the sequence of a naturally occurring allele containing a previously described decanucleotide insert polymorphism at -323 is shown to reduce promoter activity by 33% compared with the more common allelic sequence...
- Activation of cancer cell migration and invasion by ectopic synthesis of coagulation factor VIIShiro Koizume
Molecular Pathology and Genetics Division, Kanagawa Cancer Center Research Institute, Asahi ku, Yokohama 241 0815, Japan
Cancer Res 66:9453-60. 2006Blood coagulation factor VII (fVII) is physiologically synthesized in the liver and released into the blood. Binding of fVII to tissue factor (TF) at sites of vascular injury triggers coagulation and hemostasis...
- Polymorphisms in coagulation factors and the risk of recurrent cardiovascular events in men after a first myocardial infarctionM D van der Krabben
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 6:720-5. 2008..The aim of this study was to examine whether genetic predisposition to high levels of coagulation factors influences the risk of developing fatal and non-fatal arterial cardiovascular events in men with a first myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Polymorphisms in prothrombotic genes and their impact on ischemic stroke in a Sardinian populationSperanza Rubattu
IRCCS Neuromed, Localita Camerelle, 86077 Pozzilli IS, Italy
Thromb Haemost 93:1095-100. 2005..66, 95% CI 1.06-2.58, P=0.026) on IS occurrence. In summary, we describe evidence for a possible direct association of FVII gene molecular variants with the occurrence of IS in a genetically homogenous human sample...
- Polymorphisms in platelet glycoprotein 1balpha and factor VII and risk of ischemic stroke: a meta-analysisJane M Maguire
Neurosciences Department, Gosford Hospital, Northern Sydney Central Coast Health Service, Gosford NSW 2250, Australia
Stroke 39:1710-6. 2008....
- Association between factor VII polymorphisms and blood pressure: the Stanislas CohortCatherine Sass
Unité INSERM U525, Faculte de Pharmacie, Centre de Medecine Preventive, and Université Henri Poincaré, Nancy, France
Hypertension 44:674-80. 2004..554, 95% confidence interval [CI], 0.362 to 0.848, and OR=0.475, 95% CI, 0.299 to 0.755, respectively). These results suggest that the FVII gene may be a susceptibility locus for hypertension...
- R353Q polymorphism, activated factor VII, and risk of premature myocardial infarction in Japanese menMasakazu Ogawa
Department of Cardiovascular, Graduate School of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Japan
Circ J 68:520-5. 2004..The association between myocardial infarction (MI) and the R353Q polymorphism of the Factor VII (FVII) gene, which reportedly influences FVII concentrations, activated Factor VII (FVIIa), or FVII antigen (FVIIag), remains controversial...
- Association of genetic variants with myocardial infarction in Japanese individuals with chronic kidney diseaseTetsuo Fujimaki
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Gifu Prefectural Tajimi Hospital, Tajimi, Japan
Thromb Haemost 101:963-8. 2009..initial screen of allele frequencies by the chi-square test revealed that the 11496G-->A (Arg353Gln) polymorphism of F7 (rs6046) was significantly (false discovery rate <0...
- Reduction in coagulation factor VII plasma levels by R353Q but not the -323P0/10 promoter polymorphism in healthy TunisiansNabil Mtiraoui
Hematological and Autoimmune Diseases Research Unit, Faculté de Pharmacie de Monastir, Université du Centre, Tunisia
Am J Hematol 79:11-6. 2005..These data suggest that part of the previously described effects on FVIIc levels associated with the R/Q polymorphism may be explained by genetic variation in the promoter region of the FVII gene...
- [The coagulation factor VII gene polymorphisms in patients with myocardial infarction in Ningxia Hui and Han populations]Hui Huang
Center of Cardiology, the Affiliated Hospital of Ningxia Medical College, Yinchuan, Ningxia, 750004 PR China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 26:653-8. 2009To investigate the characteristics for activated coagulation factor VII(F VIIa) and the R353Q, -323 0/10 bp, HVR4 polymorphisms in the gene in patients with coronary heart disease (CHD) and myocardial infarction from Ningxia Hui and Han ..
- Genotype associations of factor VII gene with plasma factor VII coagulant activity and antigen levels in healthy ChineseY Liu
Department of Paediatrics, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 13:217-24. 2002..In the Chinese, the 10 bp insertion may reduce transcription of the FVII gene, leading to the decreased synthesis of FVII protein and thus FVIIc...
- Coagulation factor VII, R353Q polymorphism, and serum choline-containing phospholipids in males at high risk for coronary heart diseaseAnja S Lindman
Center for Clinical Research, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Thromb Res 113:57-65. 2004Elevated levels of coagulation factor VII (FVII) have been associated with increased risk for myocardial infarction (MI)...
- [Association of coagulation factor V, VII gene polymorphisms with coronary heart disease]Geng Xu
Department of Cardiology, The Second Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, PR China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 20:39-42. 2003..To study the distribution of coagulation factor V(FV), VII(FVII) gene polymorphisms in Chinese Han population and the association of the polymorphisms with coronary heart disease(CHD)...
- Factor VII activity is an independent predictor of cardiovascular mortality in elderly women of a Sicilian population: results of an 11-year follow-upD Noto
Department of Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, University of Palermo, Italy
Thromb Haemost 87:206-10. 2002..In conclusion, these findings suggest that in a population with a low risk profile, other factors, such as factor VII activity, may emerge as predictors of cardiovascular mortality...
- Influence of coagulation factor, vitamin K epoxide reductase complex subunit 1, and cytochrome P450 2C9 gene polymorphisms on warfarin dose requirementsChristina L Aquilante
Department of Pharmacy Practice, University of Florida College of Pharmacy, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 79:291-302. 2006....
- Tissue factor and coagulation factor VII levels during acute myocardial infarction: association with genotype and adverse eventsGianluca Campo
Department of Cardiology, University of Ferrara, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:2800-6. 2006We investigated in patients with ongoing myocardial infarction (MI) whether coagulation factor VII (FVII) and tissue factor (TF) levels are affected at admission by genetic components and whether they may predict subsequent cardiovascular ..
- Common genetic variation in five thrombosis genes and relations to plasma hemostatic protein level and cardiovascular disease riskSekar Kathiresan
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Framingham Heart Study, Framingham, MA 01702 5827, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:1405-12. 2006..We undertook a linkage disequilibrium (LD)-based genetic approach to investigate the hypothesis that common sequence variants in 5 thrombosis genes influence plasma hemostatic protein levels or risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD)...
- Interrelationships of Factor VII activity and plasma leptin with insulin resistance in coronary heart diseaseRubina A Karatela
Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre, Dr G Deshmukh Marg, Mumbai, India
Atherosclerosis 209:235-40. 2010..Whether FVII is associated with insulin resistance in coronary heart disease (CHD) is still unknown. We tested the hypothesis that plasma FVII activity and leptin are associated with insulin resistance independently...
- Polymorphisms in the factor VII gene and the risk of myocardial infarction in patients with coronary artery diseaseD Girelli
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Verona, Italy
N Engl J Med 343:774-80. 2000High plasma levels of coagulation factor VII have been suggested to be predictors of death due to coronary artery disease...
- Influence of polymorphisms in the factor VII gene promoter on activated factor VII levels and on the risk of myocardial infarction in advanced coronary atherosclerosisClaudia Bozzini
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Verona, Policlinico G B Rossi, 37134 Verona, Italy
Thromb Haemost 92:541-9. 2004..This study highlights a "within-gene" interaction, and the need to explore polymorphisms in candidate gene(s) in detail...
- Detection of two missense mutations and characterization of a repeat polymorphism in the factor VII gene (F7)G Marchetti
Centro Studi Biochimici delle Patologie del Genoma Umano, Instituto di Chimica Biologica, Ferrara, Italy
Hum Genet 89:497-502. 1992The 3' portion of the coagulation factor VII gene, containing the activation and serine protease domains, was investigated in four subjects with factor VII deficiency by temperature gradient gel electrophoresis and sequencing of ..
- Factor VII gene intronic mutation in a lethal factor VII deficiency: effects on splice-site selectionKeren Borensztajn
INSERM U428, Faculte des Sciences Pharmaceutiques et Biologiques, Universite Paris V, France
Blood 102:561-3. 2003In a patient with lethal factor VII (FVII) deficiency, 2 homozygous nucleotide substitutions were identified in the F7 gene: a IVS7+2T>G transversion involving the IVS7 donor splice site, followed by a mutation at nucleotide 10588 that ..
- Nucleotide sequence of the gene coding for human factor VII, a vitamin K-dependent protein participating in blood coagulationF J Grant
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 84:5158-62. 1987..More than a quarter of the intron sequences and more than a third of the 3' untranslated portion of the mRNA transcript consist of these minisatellite tandem repeats...
- Demonstration of the extrinsic coagulation pathway in teleostei: identification of zebrafish coagulation factor VIIJ Sheehan
Department of Cellular and Structural Biology, South Texas Veteran s Health Care System, Audie Murphy Division, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:8768-73. 2001....
- Recombinant factor VIIa (eptacog alfa): a review of its use in congenital hemophilia with inhibitors, acquired hemophilia, and other congenital bleeding disordersKatherine F Croom
Wolters Kluwer Health Adis, Auckland, New Zealand
BioDrugs 22:121-36. 2008Recombinant factor VIIa (NovoSeven; also known as recombinant activated factor VII or eptacog alfa) is structurally similar to human plasma-derived coagulation factor VIIa, but is manufactured using DNA biotechnology...
- [Recombinant activated factor VII in paediatric practice. Universal hemostatic agent?]F Monpoux
Unité d hémato oncologie infantile, Service de Pediatrie, hôpital de l Archet II, 151, Route de Saint Antoine de Ginestiere, 06202 Nice Cedex 3, France
Arch Pediatr 17:1210-9. 2010NovoSeven (eptacog alfa [activated]) is a concentrate of recombinant activated factor VII currently indicated in 3 types of situation: (1) hemorrhagic syndromes in patients with acquired haemophilia or constitutional A or B haemophilia ..
- A coagulation factor VII deficiency protects against acute inflammatory responses in miceH Xu
WM Keck Center for Transgene Research, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
J Pathol 210:488-96. 2006....
- Exclusion of the first EGF domain of factor VII by a splice site mutation causes lethal factor VII deficiencyJ H McVey
Haemostasis Research Group, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, ICSM, London, UK
Blood 92:920-6. 1998We have studied a family with homozygous lethal, blood coagulation factor VII (FVII) deficiency...
- Coagulation factors VII and X induce Ca2+ oscillations in Madin-Darby canine kidney cells only when proteolytically activeE Camerer
Biotechnology Centre of Oslo, N 0371 Oslo, Norway
J Biol Chem 271:29034-42. 1996We have recently reported that the activated serine protease and blood coagulation Factor VII (FVIIa) can induce Ca2+ oscillations in Madin-Darby canine kidney cells...
- Analysis of the partial nucleotide sequences and deduced primary structures of the protease domains of mammalian blood coagulation factors VII and XM Murakawa
Division of Hematology, Harasanshin General Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
Eur J Haematol 52:162-8. 1994In order to obtain sequence data for the blood coagulation factor VII and factor X in several mammalian species, we amplified and sequenced the DNA segments of exon VIII from each gene by means of the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) ..
- In vivo demonstration in humans that large postprandial triglyceride-rich lipoproteins activate coagulation factor VII through the intrinsic coagulation pathwayA Silveira
Atherosclerosis Research Unit, King Gustaf V Research Institute, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 16:1333-9. 1996..Whether activation of factor XI by triglyceride rich lipoproteins initiates these reactions needs to be demonstrated in future studies...
- Characterization of transcriptional regulatory elements in the promoter region of the murine blood coagulation factor VII geneD R Stauffer
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame, Indiana 46556, USA
J Biol Chem 273:2277-87. 1998To identify the 5' sequences of the murine coagulation factor VII (fVII) gene that resulted in its efficient transcription, a variety of 5'-flanking sequences up to 7 kilobase pairs upstream of the translation ATG initiation codon were ..
- Effects of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin or 2,2',4,4',5,5'-hexachlorobiphenyl on vitamin K-dependent blood coagulation in male and female WAG/Rij-ratsC A Bouwman
Research Institute of Toxicology, University of Utrecht, The Netherlands
Chemosphere 38:489-505. 1999..bw (HxCB) to female and male rats resulted in dose-related reductions of the vitamin K-dependent coagulation factor VII. The highest factor VII reduction in female rats was 44%, observed after TCDD exposure...
- Hemostasis in normotensive and hypertensive men: results of the PROCAM study. The prospective cardiovascular Münster studyR Junker
Institut fur Klinische Chemie und Laboratoriumsmedizin, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Germany
J Hypertens 16:917-23. 1998..The greater than normal cardiovascular risk of hypertensive patients could be partly due to an impairment of hemostatic balance found in such individuals...
- Effect of individual dietary fatty acids on postprandial activation of blood coagulation factor VII and fibrinolysis in healthy young menTine Tholstrup
Research Department of Human Nutrition and the Center of Advanced Food Research, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Am J Clin Nutr 77:1125-32. 2003..Plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1) is increased in the presence of hypertriglyceridemia. Free fatty acids (FFAs) in plasma may promote factor VII (FVII) activation...
- A high-fat meal does not activate blood coagulation factor VII in minipigsA K Olsen
Department of Thrombosis Research, University of Southern Denmark
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 12:117-22. 2001It is a matter of debate whether postprandial activation of blood coagulation factor VII (FVII) is associated with an increased risk of thrombosis...
- Dietary factor VII activation does not increase plasma concentrations of prothrombin fragment 1+2 in patients with stable angina pectoris and coronary atherosclerosisE M Bladbjerg
Department of Thrombosis Research, The University of Southern Denmark, Esbjerg
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 20:2494-9. 2000Studies in healthy subjects showed that blood coagulation factor VII (FVII) is activated postprandially after consumption of high-fat meals, but accompanying thrombin formation has not been demonstrated...
- Coagulation factor VII, serum-triglycerides and the R/Q353 polymorphism: differences between older men and womenL I Mennen
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Thromb Haemost 78:984-6. 1997b>Coagulation factor VII activity (FVII:C) is a risk indicator for cardiovascular disease...
- Plasma concentrations of blood coagulation factor VII measured by immunochemical and amidolytic methodsE M Bladbjerg
Department of Thrombosis Research, University of Southern Denmark, Esbjerg
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 60:161-8. 2000Ever since the coagulant activity of blood coagulation factor VII (FVII:C) was identified as a risk indicator of cardiac death, a large number of studies have measured FVII protein concentrations in plasma...
- Effects of dietary fat quality and quantity on postprandial activation of blood coagulation factor VIIL F Larsen
Research Department of Human Nutrition, Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 17:2904-9. 1997Acute elevation of the coagulant activity of blood coagulation factor VII (FVIIc) is observed after consumption of high-fat meals. This elevation is caused by an increase in the concentration of activated FVII (FVIIa)...
- Boron supplementation and activated factor VII in healthy menJ M W Wallace
Northern Ireland Centre for Diet and Health, University of Ulster, Coleraine, Northern Ireland, UK
Eur J Clin Nutr 56:1102-7. 2002The aim of the present study was to determine whether postprandial concentrations of the active component of serine protease coagulation factor VII (VIIa) were lowered by acute boron supplementation in vivo.
- A high fat meal activates blood coagulation factor VII in ratsAage K Olsen
Department for Thrombosis Research, Ribe County Hospital, University of Southern Denmark, Esbjerg, Denmark
J Nutr 132:347-50. 2002In humans, high fat meals cause postprandial activation of blood coagulation factor VII (FVII), but human studies have not provided definite evidence for a prothrombotic effect of dietary FVII activation...
- [Ectopic expression and clinical significance of tissue factor/coagulation factor VII complex in colorectal cancer]Jian Qiang Tang
Department of General Surgery, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, China
Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao 41:531-6. 2009To study the expression of coagulation factor VII(FVII)/tissue factor(TF)complex in colorectal carcinoma (CRC)and its correlation with clinicopathologic factor.
- The association of dietary fat and fiber with coagulation factor VII in the elderly: the Rotterdam StudyL I Mennen
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands
Am J Clin Nutr 65:732-6. 1997Considerable evidence suggests that a high concentration of coagulation factor VII is a risk factor for ischemic heart disease...
- [Coagulation factor VII levels in uremic patients and theirs influence factors]Jun Fang
Institute of Hematology, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 12:730-2. 2004This study was aimed to investigate coagulation factor VII level in uremic patients with chronic renal failure and to explore theirs influence factors...
- Calibration of human coagulation factor VII concentrate Ph. Eur. BRP batch 2J Dodt
Paul Ehrlich Institut, D 63225 Langen, Germany
Pharmeur Bio Sci Notes 2010:31-8. 2010The potency assay of human coagulation factor VII concentrate preparations as described in the European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.) requires a reference preparation calibrated in International Units (IU). The current Ph. Eur...
- Genetic effects for plasma factor VII levels independent of and in common with triglyceridesY Hong
Division of Cardiovascular and Genetic Epidemiology, Institute of Environmental Medicine, The Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Thromb Haemost 81:382-6. 1999b>Coagulation factor VII has been demonstrated as a potential risk factor for cardiovascular disease. Both genes and non-genetic factors are related to plasma levels of factor VII...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme insertion/deletion genotype is associated with the activities of plasma coagulation factor VII and X independent of triglyceride metabolismYoshifumi Okura
Division of Cardiology, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, Fukuoka, Japan
Coron Artery Dis 14:285-91. 2003....
- The use of recombinant activated coagulation factor VII for spine surgeryRichard B Weiskopf
Department of Anesthesia and Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0648, USA
Eur Spine J 13:S83-8. 2004This article focuses on our current understanding of the role of activated coagulation factor VII (FVIIa) in coagulation, the current evidence regarding the efficacy and safety of recombinant FVIIa (rFVIIa), and thoughts regarding the use ..
- Coagulation factor VII in middle-aged women with and without coronary heart diseaseM Eriksson-Berg
King Gustaf V Research Institute Department of Medicine, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Thromb Haemost 85:787-92. 2001Epidemiological studies of coagulation factor VII as a risk factor for coronary heart disease (CHD), mainly conducted in men, have shown discrepant results...
- Nucleotide structure and characterization of the murine blood coagulation factor VII geneE Idusogie
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
Thromb Haemost 76:957-64. 1996The gene encoding murine coagulation factor VII (fVII) has been cloned. Seven introns and eight exons are present, with the introns positioned as splice junctions between the major domain units of the protein...
- Combined factor VII/protein C deficiency results in intrauterine coagulopathy in miceJ C Chan
W M Keck Center for Transgene Research and the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana 46556, USA
J Clin Invest 105:897-903. 2000To determine whether an additional loss of the coagulation factor VII (FVII) gene influenced the coagulopathy observed in protein C gene-deficient (PC(-/-)) embryos and neonates, we crossed mice doubly heterozygous for the factor VII (..
- Expression and purification of recombinant human coagulation factor VII fused to a histidine tag using Gateway technologyRaheleh Halabian
Research Centre, Iranian Blood Transfusion Organisation, Tehran, Iran
Blood Transfus 7:305-12. 2009..The aim of this study was to construct, express and purify recombinant FVII fused to a polyhistidine (his) tag using Gateway technology...
- Factor VII-activating protease in patients with acute deep venous thrombosisJohannes J Sidelmann
Institute of Public Health, University of Southern Denmark, Niels Bohrs Vej 9, DK 6700 Esbjerg, Denmark
Thromb Res 122:848-53. 2008..of a FSAP variant with reduced ability to activate scu-PA, without affecting the ability to activate coagulation Factor VII (FVII)...
- Effect of locally-applied active site-blocked activated factor VII (ASIS) on experimental arterial thrombosisB Arnljots
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, The University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 11:S145-8. 2000..between tissue factor (TF), which is exposed following vascular disease or trauma, and activated blood coagulation factor VII (FVIIa)...
- The link between high-fat meals and postprandial activation of blood coagulation factor VII possibly involves kallikreinL F Larsen
Research Department of Human Nutrition and Center for Advanced Food Studies, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 60:45-54. 2000..Our findings indicate that triglyceride-rich lipoproteins activate prokallikrein postprandially, which might form an important initial event in FVII activation after consumption of high-fat meals...
- Plasma coagulation factor VII activity and its correlates in healthy menD Li
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Eur J Clin Nutr 59:1423-8. 2005The aim of this study was to investigate the plasma coagulation factor VII activity and its correlates in healthy Australian men.
- Cloning and expression of rat coagulation factor VIIShobha Seetharam
Cardiovacular Department, The Bristol Myers Squibb Company, P O BOX 400, Experimental Station, Wilmington, DE 19880, USA
Thromb Res 109:225-31. 2003..Recombinant rat FVII may be an important new tool in the development of novel antithrombotic drugs...
- Contribution of factor VII genotype to activated FVII levels. Differences in genotype frequencies between northern and southern European populationsF Bernardi
Dipartimento di Biochimica e Biologia Molecolare, Universita degli Studi di Ferrara, Italy
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 17:2548-53. 1997The relationship between coagulation factor VII (FVII) levels in plasma and FVII genotypes, determined by three polymorphisms (5'F7, IVS7, and 353R/Q), were studied in 500 control subjects enrolled in European multicenter study...
- In vitro effects of heparin and tissue factor pathway inhibitor on factor VII assays. possible implications for measurements in vivo after heparin therapyE M Bladbjerg
Department of Thrombosis Research, University of Southern Denmark, Ribe County Hospital in Esbjerg
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 11:739-45. 2000The coagulant activity of blood coagulation factor VII (FVII:C) can be lowered by changes in lifestyle and by therapeutic intervention, e.g. heparin infusion...
- Association of coagulation factor VII with the risk of myocardial infarction in the ChineseQ Cai
Division of Coronary Heart Disease, Cardiovascular Institute, Fuwai Hospital, Peking Union Medical College, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100037, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 113:1059-63. 2000..To elucidate the association of plasma factor VII coagulant activity (FVIIc) with the risk of myocardial infarction (MI) and to assess the influence of factor VII gene MspI polymorphism and lipid metabolism on FVIIc in the Chinese...
- Extracellular RNA is a natural cofactor for the (auto-)activation of Factor VII-activating protease (FSAP)Fumie Nakazawa
Graduate School of Allied Health Sciences, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
Biochem J 385:831-8. 2005..a new plasma-derived serine protease with putative dual functions in haemostasis, including activation of coagulation Factor VII and generation of urinary-type plasminogen activator (urokinase)...
- Are olive oil diets antithrombotic? Diets enriched with olive, rapeseed, or sunflower oil affect postprandial factor VII differentlyL F Larsen
Research Department of Human Nutrition and Centre for Advanced Food Studies, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Am J Clin Nutr 70:976-82. 1999..A favorable effect of a high intake of olive oil on thrombogenesis may have contributed to this finding...
- Postprandial factor VII metabolism: the effect of the R353Q and 10 bp polymorphismsH M Roche
Department of Clinical Medicine, Trinity Centre for Health Sciences, St James s Hospital, Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Br J Nutr 83:467-72. 2000Elevated levels of coagulation factor VII activity (FVIIc) are associated with increased risk of CHD. FVIIc is strongly determined by two polymorphisms (R353Q and 0/10 base pairs (bp)) and plasma triacylglycerol (TAG) concentrations...
- Factor VII C329R: a variant with a disrupted disulfide bond in the catalytic domainH L James
Department of Biochemistry, The University of Texas Health Center at Tyler, 75710, USA
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 8:308-10. 1997We report a novel mutation within the coagulation factor VII gene associated with a dysfunctional procoagulant factor VII (12% of normal plasma factor VII activity; 50% of normal plasma factor VII antigen level)...
- Recombinant factor VIIa (Eptacog Alfa): a review of its use in congenital or acquired haemophilia and other congenital bleeding disordersM Asif A Siddiqui
Adis International Limited, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 65:1161-77. 2005Recombinant factor VIIa (NovoSeven) [also known as recombinant activated factor VII or eptacog alfa] is a vitamin K-dependent glycoprotein that is structurally similar to human plasma-derived factor VIIa...
- Recombinant factor VIIa (eptacog alfa): a pharmacoeconomic review of its use in haemophilia in patients with inhibitors to clotting factors VIII or IXKatherine A Lyseng-Williamson
Wolters Kluwer Health Adis, Auckland, New Zealand
Pharmacoeconomics 25:1007-29. 2007Recombinant factor VIIa (NovoSeven; also known as recombinant activated factor VII or eptacog alfa) is indicated as an intravenous haemostatic agent in haemophilia patients with inhibitors to clotting factors VIII or IX...
- An evaluation of eptacog alfa in nonhaemophiliac conditionsGordon Mallarkey
New South Wales Therapeutic Advisory Group Inc, Darlinghurst, New South Wales, Australia
Drugs 68:1665-89. 2008We have analysed the published literature on eptacog alfa (recombinant factor VIIa; rFVIIa) for nonhaemophiliac conditions with the aim of determining its current place in therapy...
- Clinical utilization of the international normalized ratio (INR)R S Riley
Department of Pathology, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298 0250, USA
J Clin Lab Anal 14:101-14. 2000..in the sensitivity of different commercial sources and different lots of thromboplastin to blood coagulation factor VII. The INR is used worldwide by most laboratories performing oral anticoagulation monitoring, and is ..
- Liver after hepatocyte transplantation for liver-based metabolic disorders in childrenAlberto Quaglia
Institute of Liver Studies, King s College Hospital and King s College London School of Medicine, London, UK
Cell Transplant 17:1403-14. 2008..explant livers of seven children with metabolic disorders [ornithine-transcarbamylase deficiency (one), coagulation factor VII deficiency (three), Crigler-Najjar syndrome (one), progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis type 2 (..
- Hepatocyte transplantation for inherited factor VII deficiencyAnil Dhawan
Institute of Liver Studies, Guy s, King s, and St Thomas School of Medicine, and King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London, UK
Transplantation 78:1812-4. 2004..We report the first use of hepatocyte transplantation in two brothers with severe inherited coagulation factor VII deficiency. Patient 1 received a total of 1.09x10(9) cryopreserved hepatocytes, and patient received 2...
- Gene targeting of tissue factor, factor X, and factor VII in mice: their involvement in embryonic developmentM Aasrum
Biotechnology Center of Oslo, P O B 1125 Blindern, N 0317 Oslo, Norway
Biochemistry (Mosc) 67:25-32. 2002..factor (TF) is the main initiator of the coagulation system and functions as a cell surface receptor for coagulation factor VII (FVII). Knockout studies have shown that TF deficiency results in lethality around embryonic day (E) 8...
- [The value of coagulation factors in severity categorization of hepatitis B-related liver cirrhosis]Qin Li
Liver Research Center, Beijing Friendship Hospital, Capital University of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100050, China
Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 44:188-90. 2005..To investigate the diagnostic value of coagulation factors in assessing the severity degree of liver cirrhosis caused by hepatitis B...
- Low-density lipoprotein apheresis and changes in plasma componentsS Kojima
Department of Clinical Research, Tohsei National Hospital, Sunto gun, Shizuoka, Japan
Ther Apher 5:232-8. 2001..factor XII, high-molecular-weight kininogen and prekallikrein); factors with lipophilic characteristics (coagulation factor VII, coagulation factor VIII, and vitamin E); and proteins with adhesive or other characteristics (von ..
- A benefit-risk review of systemic haemostatic agents: part 1: in major surgeryIan S Fraser
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Drug Saf 31:217-30. 2008..b>Eptacog alfa (recombinant factor VIIa) has also shown promise...
- Expression of MRP2 and MRP3 during liver regeneration after 90% partial hepatectomy in ratsTung Huei Chang
Second Department of Surgery, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Hirosaki, Japan
Transplantation 77:22-7. 2004..The aim of this study was to research whether there is any change in bilirubin excretion pattern during liver regeneration with reference to expression of MRP2 and MRP3...
- [Study on proteomics of Jurkat cells treated with the extracts from Prunella vulgaris]Ming Zhi Zhang
Department of Medical Oncology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou 450052, China
Zhong Yao Cai 32:917-22. 2009..To analyse the differential proteins of Jurkat cells after treated with the extracts from Prunella vulgaris using two-dimensional electrophoresis and mass spectrum...
- Pharmacological strategies to decrease transfusion requirements in patients undergoing surgeryRobert J Porte
Department of Surgery, Section of Hepatobiliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Drugs 62:2193-211. 2002..Novel drugs, like recombinant factor VIIa (eptacog alfa), are currently under clinical investigation...
- The effects of aspirin and nonselective beta blockade on the acute prothrombotic response to psychosocial stress in apparently healthy subjectsRoland von Kanel
Department of General Internal Medicine, University Hospital Berne, Switzerland
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 51:231-8. 2008..Plasma levels of von Willebrand factor antigen (VWF:Ag), fibrinogen, coagulation factor VII (FVII:C) and XII (FXII:C) activity, and D-dimer were determined in blood samples collected immediately pre-..
- Recombinant factor VIIa reduces bleeding in severely thrombocytopenic rabbitsMikael Tranholm
Pharmacology Research 5, Pharmacology Research and Development, Novo Nordisk A S, Novo Nordisk Park, DK 2760 Maaloev, Denmark
Thromb Res 109:217-23. 2003..To test the efficacy of recombinant activated human coagulation factor VII (rFVIIa, NovoSeven) in thrombocytopenia, a preclinical study was conducted in thrombocytopenic rabbits...
- [A Jehovah's Witness child with hemophilia B and factor IX inhibitors undergoing scoliosis surgery]Anthony Chau
Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, British Columbia Children s Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Can J Anaesth 55:47-51. 2008..To describe the successful perioperative hemostatic management of a Jehovah's Witness patient with hemophilia B and anaphylactic inhibitors to factor IX, undergoing scoliosis surgery...
- The Mediterranean Sea as a barrier to gene flow: evidence from variation in and around the F7 and F12 genomic regionsGeorgios Athanasiadis
Unitat d Antropologia, Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
BMC Evol Biol 10:84. 2010..Analyses were carried out on a diverse set of neutral and functional polymorphisms located in and around the coagulation factor VII and XII genomic regions (F7 and F12).
- Pharmacokinetics, distribution, and excretion of 125I-labeled human plasma-derived-FVIIa and -FX with MC710 (FVIIa/FX mixture) in ratsYasushi Nakatomi
Therapeutic Protein Product Research Department, The Chemo Sero Therapeutic Research Institute, Kaketsuken, Kumamoto, Japan
Thromb Res 129:62-7. 2012..The pharmacokinetics, distribution, and excretion of (125)I-labeled-FVIIa ((125)I-FVIIa) and -FX ((125)I-FX) were studied in male rats after a single intravenous administration of (125)I-FVIIa or (125)I-FX combined with MC710...
- TF/FVIIa transactivate PDGFRbeta to regulate PDGF-BB-induced chemotaxis in different cell types: involvement of Src and PLCAgneta Siegbahn
Department of Medical Sciences, Clinical Chemistry, Academic Hospital, SE 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:135-41. 2008..Here we studied the role of TF/FVIIa and the induced signaling pathways in regulation of chemotaxis of human monocytes, fibroblasts, and porcine aorta endothelial cells...
- The effect of nine common polymorphisms in coagulation factor genes (F2, F5, F7, F12 and F13 ) on the effectiveness of statins: the GenHAT studyAnke Hilse Maitland-van der Zee
Department of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacotherapy, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Pharmacogenet Genomics 19:338-44. 2009..Statins have been shown to influence the expression of coagulation factors II, V, VII, XII and XIII...
- A two adenine insertion polymorphism in the 3' untranslated region of factor VII gene is associated with peripheral arterial disease but not with venous thrombosis. Results of case-control studiesEmilie Serve
INSERM, Unité 765, Paris, France
Thromb Haemost 98:733-7. 2007..24 [95% CI 0.06-0.99]. In conclusion, the 2 adenine insertion in the 3'UTR of FVII gene, related to lower plasma FVII levels, is a genetic variation that may contribute to reduce the risk of PAD...
- Coagulation factor VII and the risk of coronary heart disease in healthy menR Junker
Institut fur Klinische Chemie und Laboratoriumsmedizin, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Germany
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 17:1539-44. 1997..A tendency to thrombosis may also be indicated by elevated levels of coagulation factor VII clotting activity (FVIIc)...
- Gene polymorphisms implicated in influencing susceptibility to venous and arterial thromboembolism: frequency distribution in a healthy German populationBerthold Hoppe
Institute of Transfusion Medicine, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Charité Universitätsklinikum Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Thromb Haemost 96:465-70. 2006....
- Linear analogues derived from the first EGF-like domain of human blood coagulation factor VII: enhanced inhibition of FVIIa/TF complex activity by backbone modification through aspartimide formationM Husbyn
Nycomed Imaging, Bioreg Research, Oslo, Norway
J Pept Sci 5:323-9. 1999b>Coagulation factor VII bound to its cofactor tissue factor is the physiological initiator of blood coagulation...
- Site-directed mutagenesis but not gamma-carboxylation of Glu-35 in factor VIIa affects the association with tissue factorE Persson
Vessel Wall Biology, Health Care Discovery, Novo Nordisk AIS, Gentofte, Denmark
FEBS Lett 385:241-3. 1996..In contrast, Glu or Gla side chains at position 35 appear to fulfil the functional roles equally well...
- Regulation of coagulation by a multivalent Kunitz-type inhibitorG J Broze
Jewish Hospital, Washington University Medical Center, St. Louis, Missouri 63110
Biochemistry 29:7539-46. 1990
- [Iatrogenic injuries of the pulmonary artery]P Hromadka
Chirurgické Oddeleni, Krajská Nemocnice Liberec
Rozhl Chir 89:234-6. 2010..the outcome for the patient is thank to early surgical treatment (the application of recombinant coagulation factor VII - Novoseven, blood recuperation, therapeutic hypothermia) and professional postoperative care maximally ..
- Association of ACE and FACTOR VII gene variability with the risk of coronary heart disease in north Indian populationR C Sobti
Department of Biotechnology, Panjab University, Chandigarh 160014, India
Mol Cell Biochem 341:87-98. 2010..18, 95% CI 0.09-0.36, P < 0.001. Our study showed D allele of ACE to be associated with marginal risk of CHD, AA genotype of FACTOR VII R353Q and H6H7 and H7H7 genotypes of FACTOR VII VNTR showed protective effect for CHD...
- Consensus protocol for the use of recombinant activated factor VII [eptacog alfa (activated); NovoSeven] in elective orthopaedic surgery in haemophilic patients with inhibitorsP L F Giangrande
Oxford Haemophilia and Thrombosis Centre, Churchill Hospital, UK
Haemophilia 15:501-8. 2009..Although the initial cost of product to cover surgery such as arthroplasty is high, it needs to be borne in mind that this may be offset in subsequent years by savings resulting from avoidance of bleeding episodes in the affected joint...
- Self-production of tissue factor-coagulation factor VII complex by ovarian cancer cellsN Yokota
Molecular Pathology and Genetics Division, Kanagawa Cancer Center Research Institute, 1 1 2 Nakao Asahi ku, 241 0815 Yokohama, Japan
Br J Cancer 101:2023-9. 2009..TF binds to coagulation factor VII (fVII), changing it to its active form, fVIIa...
- Common polymorphisms and cardiovascular factors in patients with myocardial infarction of Costa RicaLizbeth Salazar-Sanchez
Centro de Investigacion en Hematología y Trastornos Afines, CIHATA Universidad de Costa Rica, Hospital San Juan de Dios, 10634 1000 San José, Costa Rica
Rev Biol Trop 54:1-11. 2006..This is one of the first reports in a Latin-American population dealing with these molecular markers and MI...
- A missense mutation (178Cys-->Tyr) and two neutral dimorphisms (115His and 333Ser) in the human coagulation factor VII geneG Marchetti
Centro Studi Biochimici delle Patologie del Genoma Umano, , Italy
Hum Mol Genet 2:1055-6. 1993
- Orphan nuclear receptor HNF-4 binds to the human coagulation factor VII promoterD Erdmann
Ciba Geigy AG, Core Drug Discovery Technologies, Basle, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 270:22988-96. 1995..Coordinate HNF-4-mediated regulation of several blood protease genes as well as genes involved in lipid metabolism might account for the positive correlation of these factors with increased risk of occlusive heart diseases...
- Current status on tissue factor activation of factor VIIaEgon Persson
Haemostasis Biochemistry, Novo Nordisk A S, Måløv, Denmark
Thromb Res 125:S11-2. 2010..The present paper is a brief compilation of our current knowledge of the allosteric mechanism by which tissue factor induces and stabilizes the active conformation of factor VIIa...
- INITIATION AND REGULATION OF BLOOD COAGULATIONVIJAYA MOHAN RAO LELLA; Fiscal Year: 2010The coagulation cascade is initiated by binding of the coagulation factor VII(a) (FVIIa) to its cell surface receptor, tissue factor (TF)...
- INITIATION AND REGULATION OF BLOOD COAGULATIONVIJAYA LELLA; Fiscal Year: 2007The coagulation cascade is initiated by the binding of coagulation factor VII(a) to its cell surface receptor tissue factor (TF)...
- Cardiovascular Disease Epidemiology & Prevention TrngAaron Folsom; Fiscal Year: 2007..The continued need for qualified cardiovascular epidemiologists and the program's documented success justify its continuance. ..
- Gene and Nutrient Etiologies of Human Heart DefectsGary Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2007..Because these defects result in substantial morbidity as well as high emotional and economic costs, further scientific understanding leading to possible prevention would greatly benefit society. ..
- New York-Presbyterian NETT ConsortiumStephan Mayer; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- PHILA-NETT: Neurological Emergencies Treatment Trials (NETT) Network Clinical SitNINA GENTILE; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition Phila-NETT's community education component will focus on primary and secondary disease prevention with the hope of decreasing the incidence of acute neurological emergencies. ..
- Fat Induced Insulin Resistance and AtherosclerosisGuenther Boden; Fiscal Year: 2007..We believe that these studies will provide important new information relative to the mechanism by which obesity and FFAs cause IR and ASVD in human subjects. ..
- Hyperglycemia and Hyperinsulinemia Induced Procoagulant StateGuenther Boden; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Estrogens and pharmacogenetic risks of venous thrombosis in postmenopausal womenNicholas L Smith; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose an extension of our population-based, case-control study in post-menopausal women to examine risks of venous thrombosis associated with oral estradiol and other estrogens. ..
- Pharmacologic and pharmacogenetic associations with recurrent venous thrombosisNicholas L Smith; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Hyperglycemia and Hyperinsulinemia Induced Procoagulant StateGuenther Boden; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Thrombosis Genetics, MI and Stroke in Older AdultsAlexander P Reiner; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Tissue Factor-factor Vlla signalingUsha Pendurthi; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed studies will provide valuable information in understanding how TF contributes to tumorigenesis. These studies will also provide clues on potential therapeutic targets for prevention of cancer progression. ..
- Clotting genetic variant, hormones and venous thrombosisNicholas Smith; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Procoagulants in Aging CARDIA ParticipantsDavid Green; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- FAT MEDIATED INSULIN SECRETION AND DIABETES IN ELDERLYGuenther Boden; Fiscal Year: 2003..We hope that this project will help to better understand the mechanisms by which obesity contributes to the development of NIDDM. ..
- Cyr61 and CTGF: Mediators of Factor VIIa signalingUsha Pendurthi; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Tissue Factor-factor Vlla signalingUsha Pendurthi; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed studies will provide valuable information in understanding how TF contributes to tumorigenesis. These studies will also provide clues on potential therapeutic targets for prevention of cancer progression. ..
- Free Fatty Acids and Hepatic Insulin ResistanceGuenther Boden; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will hopefully provide much needed information relative to important details and mechanisms of FFA induced hepatic insulin resistance. ..
- ANTIOXIDANT & HYPERGLYCEMIA INDUCED PROCOAGULANT STATEGuenther Boden; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Molecular Epidemiology of MI and Stroke in Older AdultsAlexander Reiner; Fiscal Year: 2006....