Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: EXOSC5
Description: exosome component 5
Alias: RRP41B, RRP46, Rrp46p, hRrp46p, p12B, exosome complex component RRP46, chronic myelogenous leukemia tumor antigen 28, exosome complex exonuclease RRP46, exosome component Rrp46, ribosomal RNA-processing protein 46
- Staals R, Bronkhorst A, Schilders G, Slomovic S, Schuster G, Heck A, et al. Dis3-like 1: a novel exoribonuclease associated with the human exosome. EMBO J. 2010;29:2358-67 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that hDis3L1 is a novel exosome-associated exoribonuclease in the cytoplasm of human cells. ..
- Yang C, Wang Y, Hsiao Y, Doudeva L, Kuo P, Chow S, et al. Structural and biochemical characterization of CRN-5 and Rrp46: an exosome component participating in apoptotic DNA degradation. RNA. 2010;16:1748-59 pubmed publisherb>Rrp46 was first identified as a protein component of the eukaryotic exosome, a protein complex involved in 3' processing of RNA during RNA turnover and surveillance...
- Raijmakers R, Egberts W, van Venrooij W, Pruijn G. The association of the human PM/Scl-75 autoantigen with the exosome is dependent on a newly identified N terminus. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:30698-704 pubmed..This interaction is most likely mediated by protein-protein interactions with two other exosome subunits, hRrp46p and hRrp41p, one of which was confirmed in a mammalian two-hybrid system...
- Wasmuth E, Januszyk K, Lima C. Structure of an Rrp6-RNA exosome complex bound to poly(A) RNA. Nature. 2014;511:435-9 pubmed publisher..Although path selection to Rrp6 or Rrp44 is stochastic in vitro, the fate of a particular RNA may be determined in vivo by the manner in which cofactors present RNA to the RNA exosome. ..
- Chen S, Xu Y, Zhang K, Wang X, Sun J, Gao G, et al. Structure of N-terminal domain of ZAP indicates how a zinc-finger protein recognizes complex RNA. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2012;19:430-5 pubmed publisher..ZAP molecules interact to form a dimer that binds to a ZAP-responsive RNA molecule containing two ZAP-binding modules. These results provide insights into how ZAP binds specifically to complex target RNA. ..
- Yeung M, Houzet L, Yedavalli V, Jeang K. A genome-wide short hairpin RNA screening of jurkat T-cells for human proteins contributing to productive HIV-1 replication. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:19463-73 pubmed publisher..Five mRNAs, NRF1, STXBP2, NCOA3, PRDM2, and EXOSC5, were studied for their effect on steps of the HIV-1 life cycle...
- Basu U, Meng F, Keim C, Grinstein V, Pefanis E, Eccleston J, et al. The RNA exosome targets the AID cytidine deaminase to both strands of transcribed duplex DNA substrates. Cell. 2011;144:353-63 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a role for noncoding RNA surveillance machinery in generating antibody diversity. ..
- Raijmakers R, Egberts W, van Venrooij W, Pruijn G. Protein-protein interactions between human exosome components support the assembly of RNase PH-type subunits into a six-membered PNPase-like ring. J Mol Biol. 2002;323:653-63 pubmed
- Zhu Y, Chen G, Lv F, Wang X, Ji X, Xu Y, et al. Zinc-finger antiviral protein inhibits HIV-1 infection by selectively targeting multiply spliced viral mRNAs for degradation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:15834-9 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that ZAP inhibits HIV-1 by recruiting both the 5' and 3' mRNA degradation machinery to specifically promote the degradation of multiply spliced HIV-1 mRNAs. ..
- Miyashita M, Oshiumi H, Matsumoto M, Seya T. DDX60, a DEXD/H box helicase, is a novel antiviral factor promoting RIG-I-like receptor-mediated signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:3802-19 pubmed publisher..Expression of DDX60 promotes the binding of RIG-I to double-stranded RNA. Taken together, our analyses indicate that DDX60 is a novel antiviral helicase promoting RIG-I-like receptor-mediated signaling. ..
- Mao X, Zhang B, Liu L, Bai X, Zhang D. Interaction of human genes WT1 and CML28 in leukemic cells. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2013;33:37-42 pubmed publisher..CML28 may be a downstream target molecule of WT1 and regulated by WT1, which will provide important clues for further study on the role of CML28 and WT1 in leukemic cells. ..
- Mukherjee D, Gao M, O Connor J, Raijmakers R, Pruijn G, Lutz C, et al. The mammalian exosome mediates the efficient degradation of mRNAs that contain AU-rich elements. EMBO J. 2002;21:165-74 pubmed..Finally, PM-Scl75 protein was found to interact specifically with AREs. These data suggest that the interaction between the exosome and AREs plays a key role in regulating the efficiency of ARE-containing mRNA turnover. ..
- de Almeida S, García Sacristán A, Custódio N, Carmo Fonseca M. A link between nuclear RNA surveillance, the human exosome and RNA polymerase II transcriptional termination. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:8015-26 pubmed publisher..This reveals an unprecedented link between nuclear RNA surveillance, the exosome and Pol II transcriptional termination. ..
- Raijmakers R, Noordman Y, van Venrooij W, Pruijn G. Protein-protein interactions of hCsl4p with other human exosome subunits. J Mol Biol. 2002;315:809-18 pubmed..pull-down assays, we show that the hCsl4p protein interacts directly with two other exosome proteins, hRrp42p and hRrp46p. Mutants of hCsl4p that fail to interact with either hRrp42p or hRrp46p are also not able to associate with ..
- Brouwer R, Vree Egberts W, Hengstman G, Raijmakers R, van Engelen B, Seelig H, et al. Autoantibodies directed to novel components of the PM/Scl complex, the human exosome. Arthritis Res. 2002;4:134-8 pubmed..prevalence of autoantibodies directed to six novel human exosome components (hRrp4p, hRrp40p, hRrp41p, hRrp42p, hRrp46p, hCsl4p) was determined in sera from patients with idiopathic inflammatory myopathy (n = 48), scleroderma (n = 11)..
- Zhou H, Zhang D, Wang Y, Dai M, Zhang L, Liu W, et al. Induction of CML28-specific cytotoxic T cell responses using co-transfected dendritic cells with CML28 DNA vaccine and SOCS1 small interfering RNA expression vector. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;347:200-7 pubmed..These results in our study indicates gene silencing of SOCS1 remarkably enhanced the cytotoxicity efficiency of CML28 DNA vaccine in DCs. ..
- Xie L, Sin F, Cheng S, Cheung Y, Chan K, Xie Y, et al. Activation of cytotoxic T lymphocytes against CML28-bearing tumors by dendritic cells transduced with a recombinant adeno-associated virus encoding the CML28 gene. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2008;57:1029-38 pubmed..These findings suggest that rAAV/CML28-transduced DCs vaccine may serve as a feasible approach for the treatment of CML28-associated cancers. ..
- Yang X, Wu C, Chen L, Alyea E, Canning C, Kantoff P, et al. CML28 is a broadly immunogenic antigen, which is overexpressed in tumor cells. Cancer Res. 2002;62:5517-5522 pubmed..One of the antigens identified in this screen is a M(r) 28,000 protein, termed CML28. CML28 is identical to hRrp46p, a component of the human exosome, a multiprotein complex involved in the 3' processing of RNA...
- Chen C, Gherzi R, Ong S, Chan E, Raijmakers R, Pruijn G, et al. AU binding proteins recruit the exosome to degrade ARE-containing mRNAs. Cell. 2001;107:451-64 pubmed..ARE recognition requires certain ARE binding proteins that can interact with the exosome and recruit it to unstable RNAs, thereby promoting their rapid degradation. ..