Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ERO1B
Description: endoplasmic reticulum oxidoreductase 1 beta
Alias: ERO1LB, Ero1beta, ERO1-like protein beta, ERO1-L-beta, ERO1-like beta, endoplasmic oxidoreductin-1-like protein B, endoplasmic reticulum oxidoreductase beta, endoplasmic reticulum oxidoreductin-1-like protein B, oxidoreductin-1-L-beta
- Dias Gunasekara S, van Lith M, Williams J, Kataky R, Benham A. Mutations in the FAD binding domain cause stress-induced misoxidation of the endoplasmic reticulum oxidoreductase Ero1beta. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:25018-25 pubmed..Here, we show that these Gly to Ser and His to Tyr mutations do not prevent the dimerization of Ero1beta or the non-covalent interaction of Ero1beta with PDI...
- Tavendale R, Macgregor D, Mukhopadhyay S, Palmer C. A polymorphism controlling ORMDL3 expression is associated with asthma that is poorly controlled by current medications. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2008;121:860-3 pubmed publisher..polymorphisms at loci controlling the expression of the ORMDL3 gene and others in the neighborhood of the NRG1 and ERO1LB genes might be important...
- Ramos Lopez O, Riezu Boj J, Milagro F, Martinez J. DNA methylation signatures at endoplasmic reticulum stress genes are associated with adiposity and insulin resistance. Mol Genet Metab. 2018;123:50-58 pubmed publisher..cg21376454 (ern1), cg06666486 (eif2ak1), cg03211481 (dnajc1), cg18357645 (os9), cg05801879 (mbtps1), cg20964082 (ero1lb), cg17300868 (nfe2l2), cg03384128 (eif2ak4), cg02712587 (eif2ak4), cg04972384 (sels), cg02240686 (eif2ak2)...
- Ottosson Laakso E, Krus U, Storm P, Prasad R, Oskolkov N, Ahlqvist E, et al. Glucose-Induced Changes in Gene Expression in Human Pancreatic Islets: Causes or Consequences of Chronic Hyperglycemia. Diabetes. 2017;66:3013-3028 pubmed publisher..For example, ERO1LB, DOCK10, IGSF11, and PRR14L were downregulated in donors with hyperglycemia and ..
- Dias Gunasekara S, Gubbens J, van Lith M, Dunne C, Williams J, Kataky R, et al. Tissue-specific expression and dimerization of the endoplasmic reticulum oxidoreductase Ero1beta. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:33066-75 pubmed..Mammals express two related Ero proteins, Ero1alpha and Ero1beta. Ero1beta is incompletely characterized but is of physiological interest because it is induced by the unfolded ..
- Gess B, Hofbauer K, Wenger R, Lohaus C, Meyer H, Kurtz A. The cellular oxygen tension regulates expression of the endoplasmic oxidoreductase ERO1-Lalpha. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:2228-35 pubmed
- Savu M, Phillips S, Oh D, Park K, Gerlan C, Ciaraldi T, et al. Response of adiponectin and its receptors to changes in metabolic state after gastric bypass surgery: dissociation between adipose tissue expression and circulating levels. Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2009;5:172-80 pubmed publisher..The lack of correlation between changes in SAT adiponectin gene and protein expression and its circulating levels suggests that adipose tissue synthesis and release of adiponectin are highly regulated pathways. ..
- Molteni S, Fassio A, Ciriolo M, Filomeni G, Pasqualetto E, Fagioli C, et al. Glutathione limits Ero1-dependent oxidation in the endoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:32667-73 pubmed..Our data demonstrate tight connections between ER and cytosol to guarantee redox exchange across compartments: a reducing cytosol is important to ensure disulfide isomerization in secretory proteins. ..
- Hansen H, SÃ¸ltoft C, Schmidt J, Birk J, Appenzeller Herzog C, Ellgaard L. Biochemical evidence that regulation of Ero1Î² activity in human cells does not involve the isoform-specific cysteine 262. Biosci Rep. 2014;34: pubmed..We propose that features other than a distinct pattern of regulatory disulfide bonds determine the loose redox regulation of Ero1Î² relative to Ero1Î±. ..
- Zhu T, Gao Y, Chen Y, Wang Z, Yin J, Mao X, et al. Genome-scale analysis identifies GJB2 and ERO1LB as prognosis markers in patients with pancreatic cancer. Oncotarget. 2017;8:21281-21289 pubmed publisher..expression of gap junction protein beta 2 (GJB2) and reduced endoplasmic reticulum oxidoreductase 1-like beta (ERO1LB) expression were validated in an independent cohort...
- Anelli T, Alessio M, Mezghrani A, Simmen T, Talamo F, Bachi A, et al. ERp44, a novel endoplasmic reticulum folding assistant of the thioredoxin family. EMBO J. 2002;21:835-44 pubmed..Its overexpression alters the equilibrium of the different Ero1-Lalpha redox isoforms, suggesting that ERp44 may be involved in the control of oxidative protein folding. ..
- Mezghrani A, Fassio A, Benham A, Simmen T, Braakman I, Sitia R. Manipulation of oxidative protein folding and PDI redox state in mammalian cells. EMBO J. 2001;20:6288-96 pubmed..Mutants in the Ero1-Lalpha CXXCXXC motif act as dominant negatives by limiting immunoglobulin oxidation. PDI-dependent oxidative folding in living cells can thus be manipulated by using hERO variants. ..