Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ER81
Description: ETS variant 1
Alias: ER81, ETS translocation variant 1, ets variant gene 1, ets-related protein 81
Publications113 found, 100 shown here
- Attard G, Clark J, Ambroisine L, Mills I, Fisher G, Flohr P, et al. Heterogeneity and clinical significance of ETV1 translocations in human prostate cancer. Br J Cancer. 2008;99:314-20 pubmed publisher..These studies report a novel fusion partner for ETV1 and highlight the considerable heterogeneity of ETV1 gene rearrangements in human prostate cancer. ..
- Baert J, Monte D, Verreman K, Degerny C, Coutte L, de Launoit Y. The E3 ubiquitin ligase complex component COP1 regulates PEA3 group member stability and transcriptional activity. Oncogene. 2010;29:1810-20 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that COP1 is a complex regulator of ERM and the two other PEA3 group members. ..
- Jane Valbuena J, Widlund H, Perner S, Johnson L, Dibner A, Lin W, et al. An oncogenic role for ETV1 in melanoma. Cancer Res. 2010;70:2075-84 pubmed publisher..These observations implicate deregulated ETV1 in melanoma genesis and suggest a pivotal lineage dependency mediated by oncogenic ETS transcription factors in this malignancy. ..
- Chi P, Chen Y, Zhang L, Guo X, Wongvipat J, Shamu T, et al. ETV1 is a lineage survival factor that cooperates with KIT in gastrointestinal stromal tumours. Nature. 2010;467:849-53 pubmed publisher..It also represents a novel mechanism of oncogenic transcription factor activation. ..
- Rahim S, Beauchamp E, Kong Y, Brown M, Toretsky J, Uren A. YK-4-279 inhibits ERG and ETV1 mediated prostate cancer cell invasion. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19343 pubmed publisher..Therefore, YK-4-279 may have an impact on metastasis in prostate cancer and it may be further evaluated for its clinical applications in prostate cancer in addition to Ewing's sarcoma. ..
- Birner P, Beer A, Vinatzer U, Stary S, Hoftberger R, Nirtl N, et al. MAPKAP kinase 2 overexpression influences prognosis in gastrointestinal stromal tumors and associates with copy number variations on chromosome 1 and expression of p38 MAP kinase and ETV1. Clin Cancer Res. 2012;18:1879-87 pubmed publisher..Patients with low-risk GISTs showing MAPKAPK2 overexpression might profit from early adjuvant tyrosine kinase inhibitor therapy. ..
- Baena E, Shao Z, Linn D, Glass K, Hamblen M, Fujiwara Y, et al. ETV1 directs androgen metabolism and confers aggressive prostate cancer in targeted mice and patients. Genes Dev. 2013;27:683-98 pubmed publisher..The distinct biology of ETV1-associated prostate cancer suggests that this disease class may require new therapies directed to underlying programs controlled by ETV1. ..
- Chen Y, Chi P, Rockowitz S, Iaquinta P, Shamu T, Shukla S, et al. ETS factors reprogram the androgen receptor cistrome and prime prostate tumorigenesis in response to PTEN loss. Nat Med. 2013;19:1023-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that ETS factors cause prostate-specific transformation by altering the AR cistrome, priming the prostate epithelium to respond to aberrant upstream signals such as PTEN loss. ..
- Brown T, McKnight S. Specificities of protein-protein and protein-DNA interaction of GABP alpha and two newly defined ets-related proteins. Genes Dev. 1992;6:2502-12 pubmed..the selectivity and specificity of the GABP complex, we have isolated two new ETS family members, termed ER81 and ER71. ER81 and GABP alpha were present in most tissues of adult mice, whereas ER71 was restricted to testis...
- Jeon I, Davis J, Braun B, Sublett J, Roussel M, Denny C, et al. A variant Ewing's sarcoma translocation (7;22) fuses the EWS gene to the ETS gene ETV1. Oncogene. 1995;10:1229-34 pubmed..Ewing's sarcoma translocation, the t(7;22)(p22;q12), that fuses EWS to the human homologue of the murine ETS gene ER81. This gene, designated ETV1 (for ETS Translocation Variant), is located on chromosome band 7p22...
- Janknecht R. Cell type-specific inhibition of the ETS transcription factor ER81 by mitogen-activated protein kinase-activated protein kinase 2. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:41856-61 pubmed..In this report, a novel target of MK2 has been identified, the ETS transcription factor family member ER81, whose dysregulation contributes to tumorigenesis and whose normal function is required during development...
- Goel A, Janknecht R. Acetylation-mediated transcriptional activation of the ETS protein ER81 by p300, P/CAF, and HER2/Neu. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:6243-54 pubmedThe regulated expression of the ETS transcription factor ER81 is a prerequisite for normal development, and its dysregulation contributes to neoplasia...
- Dowdy S, Mariani A, Janknecht R. HER2/Neu- and TAK1-mediated up-regulation of the transforming growth factor beta inhibitor Smad7 via the ETS protein ER81. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:44377-84 pubmed..In this report we show that the oncoprotein HER2/Neu is able to collaborate with the ETS transcription factor ER81 to activate Smad7 transcription in breast, endometrial, and ovarian cancer cell lines...
- Cai C, Hsieh C, Omwancha J, Zheng Z, Chen S, Baert J, et al. ETV1 is a novel androgen receptor-regulated gene that mediates prostate cancer cell invasion. Mol Endocrinol. 2007;21:1835-46 pubmed..Through gene microarray studies, we have identified Ets Variant Gene 1 (ETV1) as a novel androgen-regulated gene...
- Shin S, Kim T, Jin F, van Deursen J, Dehm S, Tindall D, et al. Induction of prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia and modulation of androgen receptor by ETS variant 1/ETS-related protein 81. Cancer Res. 2009;69:8102-10 pubmed publisher..Its interaction with and activation of AR provides a molecular mechanism on how ETV1 exerts its deleterious function. Thus, inhibiting ETV1 or blocking its interaction with AR may represent novel strategies in prostate cancer therapy...
- Vitari A, Leong K, Newton K, Yee C, O Rourke K, Liu J, et al. COP1 is a tumour suppressor that causes degradation of ETS transcription factors. Nature. 2011;474:403-6 pubmed publisher..These findings identify COP1 as a tumour suppressor whose downregulation promotes prostatic epithelial cell proliferation and tumorigenesis. ..
- Oh S, Shin S, Janknecht R. ETV1, 4 and 5: an oncogenic subfamily of ETS transcription factors. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1826:1-12 pubmed publisher..Modulation of their activation or interaction with cofactors as well as inhibiting crucial target gene products may ultimately be exploited to treat various cancers that are dependent on the PEA3 group of ETS transcription factors. ..
- Oh S, Shin S, Lightfoot S, Janknecht R. 14-3-3 proteins modulate the ETS transcription factor ETV1 in prostate cancer. Cancer Res. 2013;73:5110-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, we showed that 14-3-3? and 14-3-3? were overexpressed in human prostate tumors. Taken together, our results showed that non-? 14-3-3 proteins are important modulators of ETV1 function that promote prostate tumorigenesis. ..
- Ateeq B, Kunju L, Carskadon S, Pandey S, Singh G, Pradeep I, et al. Molecular profiling of ETS and non-ETS aberrations in prostate cancer patients from northern India. Prostate. 2015;75:1051-62 pubmed publisher..The molecular profiling data presented in this study could help in clinical decision-making for the pursuit of surgery, diagnosis, and in selection of therapeutic intervention. ..
- Ding B, Cave J, Dobner P, Mullikin Kilpatrick D, Bartzokis M, Zhu H, et al. Reciprocal autoregulation by NFI occupancy and ETV1 promotes the developmental expression of dendrite-synapse genes in cerebellar granule neurons. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:1488-99 pubmed publisher..Sequential transcription factor autoregulation and subsequent binding to downstream promoters may provide an intrinsic developmental timer for dendrite/synapse gene expression. ..
- Shekhar A, Lin X, Liu F, Zhang J, Mo H, Bastarache L, et al. Transcription factor ETV1 is essential for rapid conduction in the heart. J Clin Invest. 2016;126:4444-4459 pubmed publisher..Together, these results identify ETV1 as a critical factor in determining fast conduction physiology in the heart. ..
- Rommel C, Rösner S, Lother A, Barg M, Schwaderer M, Gilsbach R, et al. The Transcription Factor ETV1 Induces Atrial Remodeling and Arrhythmia. Circ Res. 2018;: pubmed publisher..i>Conclusions: This study identifies ETV1 as an important component in the pathophysiology of atrial remodeling associated with atrial arrhythmias. ..
- Benitez C, Qu K, Sugiyama T, Pauerstein P, Liu Y, Tsai J, et al. An integrated cell purification and genomics strategy reveals multiple regulators of pancreas development. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004645 pubmed publisher..Our integrated approach provides a unique framework for identifying regulatory genes and functional gene sets underlying pancreas development and associated diseases such as diabetes mellitus. ..
- Mesquita D, Barros Silva J, Santos J, Skotheim R, Lothe R, Paulo P, et al. Specific and redundant activities of ETV1 and ETV4 in prostate cancer aggressiveness revealed by co-overexpression cellular contexts. Oncotarget. 2015;6:5217-36 pubmed
- Duensing A. Targeting ETV1 in gastrointestinal stromal tumors: tripping the circuit breaker in GIST?. Cancer Discov. 2015;5:231-3 pubmed publisher..Targeting ETV1 can disrupt this circuit and represents a promising new therapeutic approach for the treatment of GISTs. ..
- Lu G, Zhang Q, Huang Y, Song J, Tomaino R, Ehrenberger T, et al. Phosphorylation of ETS1 by Src family kinases prevents its recognition by the COP1 tumor suppressor. Cancer Cell. 2014;26:222-34 pubmed publisher..These findings expand the list of potential COP1 substrates to include proteins whose COP1-binding sites are subject to regulatory phosphorylation and provide insights into transformation by Src family kinases. ..
- Cionni M, Menke C, Stottmann R. Novel genetic tools facilitate the study of cortical neuron migration. Mamm Genome. 2016;27:8-16 pubmed publisher..Together, these represent genetic tools which may facilitate the study of cortical development in a number of different ways. ..
- Kao Y, Sung Y, Chen C, Zhang L, Dickson B, Swanson D, et al. ETV transcriptional upregulation is more reliable than RNA sequencing algorithms and FISH in diagnosing round cell sarcomas with CIC gene rearrangements. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2017;56:501-510 pubmed publisher..The downstream ETV1/4/5 transcriptional up-regulation appears highly sensitive and specific and can be used as a reliable molecular signature and diagnostic method for CIC fusion positive SBRCTs. ..
- Baty F, Klingbiel D, Zappa F, Brutsche M. High-throughput alternative splicing detection using dually constrained correspondence analysis (DCCA). J Biomed Inform. 2015;58:175-185 pubmed publisher..DCCA facilitates the identification of putative biologically relevant alternative splicing events in high-throughput exon array data. ..
- Gleize V, Alentorn A, Connen de KÃ©rillis L, LabussiÃ¨re M, Nadaradjane A, Mundwiller E, et al. CIC inactivating mutations identify aggressive subset of 1p19q codeleted gliomas. Ann Neurol. 2015;78:355-74 pubmed publisher..CIC mutations result in protein inactivation with upregulation of CIC target genes, activation of proliferative pathways, inhibition of differentiation, and poorer outcome in patients with a 1p19q codeleted glioma. ..
- Kollareddy M, Sherrard A, Park J, Szemes M, Gallacher K, Melegh Z, et al. The small molecule inhibitor YK-4-279 disrupts mitotic progression of neuroblastoma cells, overcomes drug resistance and synergizes with inhibitors of mitosis. Cancer Lett. 2017;403:74-85 pubmed publisher..Thus, YK-4-279 could potentially be used as a single-agent or in combination therapies for the treatment of high-risk and relapsing neuroblastoma, as well as other cancers. ..
- Xie L, Gazin C, Park S, Zhu L, Debily M, Kittler E, et al. A synthetic interaction screen identifies factors selectively required for proliferation and TERT transcription in p53-deficient human cancer cells. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1003151 pubmed publisher..Our collective results identify a regulatory pathway involving ETV1, ATR, and TERT that is preferentially important for proliferation of diverse p53- cancer cells. ..
- Liu C, Niu Y, Zhou X, Xu X, Yang Y, Zhang Y, et al. Cell cycle control, DNA damage repair, and apoptosis-related pathways control pre-ameloblasts differentiation during tooth development. BMC Genomics. 2015;16:592 pubmed publisher..By combining comparative analysis and coexpression networks, this study provides novel biomarkers and research targets for ameloblast differentiation and the potential for their application in enamel regeneration. ..
- Orlando G, Law P, Cornish A, Dobbins S, Chubb D, Broderick P, et al. Promoter capture Hi-C-based identification of recurrent noncoding mutations in colorectal cancer. Nat Genet. 2018;50:1375-1380 pubmed publisher..This study reveals new insights into the complex genetic alterations driving tumor development, providing a paradigm for employing chromosome conformation capture to decipher non-coding CREs relevant to cancer biology. ..
- Nam R, Zhang W, Trachtenberg J, Seth A, Klotz L, Stanimirovic A, et al. Utility of incorporating genetic variants for the early detection of prostate cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:1787-93 pubmed publisher..SNP genotyping can be used in a clinical setting for the early detection of prostate cancer in a nomogram approach and by improving the positive predictive value of the PSA test. ..
- Ta L, Xuan C, Xing N, Zhu X. COP1 is downregulated in renal cell carcinoma (RCC) and inhibits the migration of RCC ACHN cells in vitro. Mol Med Rep. 2016;14:1371-8 pubmed publisher..The present study demonstrated the tumor suppressive role of COP1 in RCC by inhibiting cell migration. ..
- Zhang D, Qu L, Ma L, Zhou Y, Wang G, Zhao X, et al. Genome-wide identification of transcription factors that are critical to non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer Lett. 2018;434:132-143 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that tobacco smoke can modulate TFs to facilitate lung carcinogenesis, and inhibition of IRX5 may have therapeutic potentials in NSCLCs. ..
- Suriben R, Kaihara K, Paolino M, Reichelt M, Kummerfeld S, Modrusan Z, et al. β-Cell Insulin Secretion Requires the Ubiquitin Ligase COP1. Cell. 2015;163:1457-67 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data reveal that ETVs negatively regulate insulin secretion for the maintenance of normoglycemia. ..
- Ran L, Murphy D, Sher J, Cao Z, Wang S, Walczak E, et al. ETV1-Positive Cells Give Rise to BRAFV600E -Mutant Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3758-3765 pubmed publisher..Our work offers a useful in vivo model of human sporadic forms of BRAF-mutant GIST to help unravel its pathogenesis and therapeutic response to novel experimental agents. Cancer Res; 77(14); 3758-65. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Shin S, Oh S, An S, Janknecht R. ETS variant 1 regulates matrix metalloproteinase-7 transcription in LNCaP prostate cancer cells. Oncol Rep. 2013;29:306-14 pubmed publisher..of ETS transcription factors, including ETS variant 1 (ETV1) [also known as ETS-related 81 (ER81)]...
- Palanisamy N, Tsodikov A, Yan W, Suleman K, Rittmaster R, Lucia S, et al. Molecular profiling of ETS gene rearrangements in patients with prostate cancer registered in REDEEM clinical trial. Urol Oncol. 2015;33:108.e5-13 pubmed publisher..No significant differences in the incidence of prostate cancer molecular aberrations between the groups were observed. There was no evidence that ETS fusion status was associated with disease progression. ..
- Shiina M, Hashimoto Y, Kato T, Yamamura S, Tanaka Y, Majid S, et al. Differential expression of miR-34b and androgen receptor pathway regulate prostate cancer aggressiveness between African-Americans and Caucasians. Oncotarget. 2017;8:8356-8368 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results show that differential expression of miR-34b and AR are associated with prostate cancer aggressiveness in African-Americans. ..
- Kasireddy V, von Mehren M. Emerging drugs for the treatment of gastrointestinal stromal tumour. Expert Opin Emerg Drugs. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The role of immunotherapy for GIST is still investigational...
- Dehorter N, Ciceri G, Bartolini G, Lim L, del Pino I, MarÃn O. Tuning of fast-spiking interneuron properties by an activity-dependent transcriptional switch. Science. 2015;349:1216-20 pubmed publisher..properties of fast-spiking (FS) interneurons through the postmitotic expression of the transcriptional regulator Er81. In the adult cortex, Er81 protein levels define a spectrum of FS basket cells with different properties, whose ..
- Torres A, Alshalalfa M, Tomlins S, Erho N, Gibb E, Chelliserry J, et al. Comprehensive Determination of Prostate Tumor ETS Gene Status in Clinical Samples Using the CLIA Decipher Assay. J Mol Diagn. 2017;19:475-484 pubmed publisher..05). These results support the utility of microarray-based ETS status prediction models for molecular classification of prostate tumors. ..
- Currie S, Doane J, Evans K, Bhachech N, Madison B, Lau D, et al. ETV4 and AP1 Transcription Factors Form Multivalent Interactions with three Sites on the MED25 Activator-Interacting Domain. J Mol Biol. 2017;429:2975-2995 pubmed publisher..In summary, we describe features of the multivalent ETV4- and AP1-MED25 interactions, thereby implicating these factors in the recruitment of MED25 to transcriptional control elements. ..
- Kubota D, Yoshida A, Tsuda H, Suehara Y, Okubo T, Saito T, et al. Gene expression network analysis of ETV1 reveals KCTD10 as a novel prognostic biomarker in gastrointestinal stromal tumor. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73896 pubmed publisher..Further validation studies of KCTD10 for clinical applications, and functional verification of KCTD10 for better understanding of molecular basis of malignant phenotypes are worth challenging in GIST. ..
- Angulo J, AndrÃ©s G, Ashour N, SÃ¡nchez Chapado M, LÃ³pez J, Ropero S. Development of Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer can be Predicted by a DNA Hypermethylation Profile. J Urol. 2016;195:619-26 pubmed publisher..Gene hypermethylation is associated with disease progression in patients who receive hormone therapy. It could serve as a marker of the treatment response. ..
- Fleming M, Li J, Ramos D, Li T, Talmage D, Abe S, et al. A RET-ER81-NRG1 Signaling Pathway Drives the Development of Pacinian Corpuscles. J Neurosci. 2016;36:10337-10355 pubmed..Here, we show that ER81 is functionally required in a subset of mouse RET+ mechanosensory neurons for formation of Pacinian ..
- Lotan T, Torres A, Zhang M, Tosoian J, Guedes L, Fedor H, et al. Somatic molecular subtyping of prostate tumors from HOXB13 G84E carriers. Oncotarget. 2017;8:22772-22782 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that genes other than ERG and PTEN may drive carcinogenesis/progression in the majority of men with germline HOXB13 mutations. ..
- Hayashi Y, Toyomasu Y, Saravanaperumal S, Bardsley M, Smestad J, Lorincz A, et al. Hyperglycemia Increases Interstitial Cells of Cajal via MAPK1 and MAPK3 Signaling to ETV1 and KIT, Leading to Rapid Gastric Emptying. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:521-535.e20 pubmed publisher..Increases in ICCs might contribute to the acceleration in GE observed in some patients with diabetes. ..
- Li J, Lai Y, Ma J, Liu Y, Bi J, Zhang L, et al. miR-17-5p suppresses cell proliferation and invasion by targeting ETV1 in triple-negative breast cancer. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:745 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that miR-17-5p may be a therapeutic target for TNBC. ..
- Ouyang M, Wang H, Ma J, LÃ¼ W, Li J, Yao C, et al. COP1, the negative regulator of ETV1, influences prognosis in triple-negative breast cancer. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:132 pubmed publisher..COP1 and ETV1 are a pair of independent predictors of prognosis for TNBC cases. Thus, targeting them might be a potential strategy for personalized TNBC treatment. ..
- Richards P, Pais R, Habib A, Brighton C, Yeo G, Reimann F, et al. High fat diet impairs the function of glucagon-like peptide-1 producing L-cells. Peptides. 2016;77:21-7 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that a western style diet may detrimentally affect the secretion of gut hormones and normal post-prandial signaling, which could impact on insulin secretion and satiety. ..
- Kherrouche Z, Monte D, Werkmeister E, Stoven L, De Launoit Y, Cortot A, et al. PEA3 transcription factors are downstream effectors of Met signaling involved in migration and invasiveness of Met-addicted tumor cells. Mol Oncol. 2015;9:1852-67 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated that PEA3-subgroup transcription factors are key players of the Met signaling integration involved in regulation of migration and invasiveness. ..
- Wang H, Li T, Chao Y, Hou Y, Hsueh Y, Hsu K, et al. KIT Exon 11 Codons 557-558 Deletion Mutation Promotes Liver Metastasis Through the CXCL12/CXCR4 Axis in Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22:3477-87 pubmed publisher..These findings highlighted the potential therapeutic targets for metastatic GISTs. Clin Cancer Res; 22(14); 3477-87. Â©2016 AACR. ..
- Vinagre J, Nabais J, Pinheiro J, Batista R, Oliveira R, Gonçalves A, et al. TERT promoter mutations in pancreatic endocrine tumours are rare and mainly found in tumours from patients with hereditary syndromes. Sci Rep. 2016;6:29714 pubmed publisher..Additionally, our data indicate that these mutations serve as an alternative mechanism and in an exclusive manner to ALT, in particular in patients with hereditary syndromes. ..
- Tian L, Zhu B, Liu S. Electroacupuncture at ST36 Protects ICC Networks via mSCF/Kit-ETV1 Signaling in the Stomach of Diabetic Mice. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2017;2017:3980870 pubmed publisher..01). Conclusions. Ano1 is a reliable marker to detect ICC changes in diabetes; low- and high-frequency EA at acupoint ST36 can protect the networks of ICC possibly via normal activation of mSCF/KIT-ETV1 signaling. ..
- Lee D, Duensing A. What's the FOX Got to Do with the KITten? Regulating the Lineage-Specific Transcriptional Landscape in GIST. Cancer Discov. 2018;8:146-149 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Discov; 8(2); 146-9. ©2018 AACRSee related article by Ran et al., p. 234. ..
- Santos J, Mesquita D, Barros Silva J, JerÃ³nimo C, Henrique R, Morais A, et al. Uncovering potential downstream targets of oncogenic GRPR overexpression in prostate carcinomas harboring ETS rearrangements. Oncoscience. 2015;2:497-507 pubmed
- Ding B, Dobner P, Mullikin Kilpatrick D, Wang W, Zhu H, Chow C, et al. BDNF Activates an NFI-Dependent Neurodevelopmental Timing Program By Sequestering NFATc4. Mol Biol Cell. 2018;: pubmed publisher..We also identify a local Bdnf/Etv1 gene circuit within the larger NFI auto-regulatory network. ..
- Carrere S, Verger A, Flourens A, Stehelin D, Duterque Coquillaud M. Erg proteins, transcription factors of the Ets family, form homo, heterodimers and ternary complexes via two distinct domains. Oncogene. 1998;16:3261-8 pubmed..Furthermore, Ergp55 forms heterodimers with some other Ets proteins. Among the latter, we show that Fli-1, Ets-2, Er81 and Pu-1 physically interact with Erg...
- Pastorcic M, Das H. Ets transcription factors ER81 and Elk1 regulate the transcription of the human presenilin 1 gene promoter. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2003;113:57-66 pubmed..This assay selected three factors from the Ets family: Ets2, ER81 and Elk1...
- Cai C, Hsieh C, Shemshedini L. c-Jun has multiple enhancing activities in the novel cross talk between the androgen receptor and Ets variant gene 1 in prostate cancer. Mol Cancer Res. 2007;5:725-35 pubmed..roles of c-Jun are shown in a novel cross-talk between the androgen receptor (AR) and its new target gene, Ets variant gene 1 (ETV1)...
- Dykes I, Lanier J, Eng S, Turner E. Brn3a regulates neuronal subtype specification in the trigeminal ganglion by promoting Runx expression during sensory differentiation. Neural Dev. 2010;5:3 pubmed publisher..Together these data show that Brn3a acts upstream of the Runx factors, which then repress TrkB expression to allow establishment of the non-overlapping Trk receptor profiles and correct terminally differentiated phenotypes. ..
- Keld R, Guo B, Downey P, Cummins R, Gulmann C, Ang Y, et al. PEA3/ETV4-related transcription factors coupled with active ERK signalling are associated with poor prognosis in gastric adenocarcinoma. Br J Cancer. 2011;105:124-30 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the activity of the PEA3 subfamily transcription factors is potentiated by Ras-ERK pathway signalling, which is itself often deregulated in tumour cells...
- Birner P, Berghoff A, Dinhof C, Pirker C, Capper D, Schoppmann S, et al. MAP kinase activity supported by BRAF (V600E) mutation rather than gene amplification is associated with ETV1 expression in melanoma brain metastases. Arch Dermatol Res. 2014;306:873-84 pubmed publisher..Consequently, therapeutic inhibition of BRAF and the downstream MAPK pathway also down-regulates oncogenic ETV1 expression. ..
- Gu M, Wang Y, Zhou X, Yao H, Zheng S, Xiang Z, et al. An inhibitor of the acetyltransferases CBP/p300 exerts antineoplastic effects on gastrointestinal stromal tumor cells. Oncol Rep. 2016;36:2763-2770 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the present study suggests that CBP/p300 may serve as novel antineoplastic targets and that use of the selective HAT inhibitor C646 is a promising antitumor strategy for GISTs. ..
- Fuchs B, Inwards C, Janknecht R. Upregulation of the matrix metalloproteinase-1 gene by the Ewing's sarcoma associated EWS-ER81 and EWS-Fli-1 oncoproteins, c-Jun and p300. FEBS Lett. 2003;553:104-8 pubmed..Here, we analyzed how two EWS-ETS proteins, EWS-ER81 and EWS-Fli-1, in vitro activate the matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-1 promoter that is upregulated in a subset of ..
- Gocke C, Yu H, Kang J. Systematic identification and analysis of mammalian small ubiquitin-like modifier substrates. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:5004-12 pubmed..Therefore, sumoylation appears to regulate the functions of its substrates through multiple, context-dependent mechanisms. ..
- Cerveira N, Ribeiro F, Peixoto A, Costa V, Henrique R, Jeronimo C, et al. TMPRSS2-ERG gene fusion causing ERG overexpression precedes chromosome copy number changes in prostate carcinomas and paired HGPIN lesions. Neoplasia. 2006;8:826-32 pubmed
- Pflueger D, Terry S, Sboner A, Habegger L, Esgueva R, Lin P, et al. Discovery of non-ETS gene fusions in human prostate cancer using next-generation RNA sequencing. Genome Res. 2011;21:56-67 pubmed publisher..Future work will focus on determining if the ETS rearrangements in prostate cancer are associated or directly predispose to a rearrangement-prone phenotype. ..
- Chen Y, Zou H, Yang L, Li Y, Wang L, Hao Y, et al. ER81-shRNA inhibits growth of triple-negative human breast cancer cell line MDA-MB-231 in vivo and in vitro. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2012;13:2385-92 pubmed..Transcription factor ER81, a downstream gene of the HER2, is highly expressed in breast cancer lines, breast atypical hyperplasia and primary ..
- Tan C, Scotting P. Expression of Kit and Etv1 in restricted brain regions supports a brain-cell progenitor as an origin for cranial germinomas. Cancer Genet. 2015;208:55-61 pubmed publisher..We therefore postulate that germinomas in the brain share a similar mechanism with other KIT-driven cancers, which supports the hypothesis that germinomas arise from a brain-cell progenitor. ..
- Kim T, Jin F, Shin S, Oh S, Lightfoot S, Grande J, et al. Histone demethylase JMJD2A drives prostate tumorigenesis through transcription factor ETV1. J Clin Invest. 2016;126:706-20 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data reveal a JMJD2A/ETV1/YAP1 axis that promotes prostate cancer initiation and that may be a suitable target for therapeutic inhibition. ..
- Currie S, Lau D, Doane J, Whitby F, Okon M, McIntosh L, et al. Structured and disordered regions cooperatively mediate DNA-binding autoinhibition of ETS factors ETV1, ETV4 and ETV5. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:2223-2241 pubmed publisher..These distinguishing inhibitory elements provide a platform through which cellular triggers, such as protein-protein interactions or post-translational modifications, may specifically regulate the function of these oncogenic proteins. ..
- Liu C, Yu T, Huang Y, Cui L, Hong W. ETS (E26 transformation-specific) up-regulation of the transcriptional co-activator TAZ promotes cell migration and metastasis in prostate cancer. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:9420-9430 pubmed publisher..Our results show a regulatory mechanism of TAZ transcription and suggest a significant role for TAZ in the progression of prostate cancer. ..
- Potts P, Yu H. Human MMS21/NSE2 is a SUMO ligase required for DNA repair. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:7021-32 pubmed..Our findings suggest that the human SMC5/6 complex and the SUMO ligase activity of hMMS21 are required for the prevention of DNA damage-induced apoptosis by facilitating DNA repair in human cells. ..
- Han B, Mehra R, Suleman K, Tomlins S, Wang L, Singhal N, et al. Characterization of ETS gene aberrations in select histologic variants of prostate carcinoma. Mod Pathol. 2009;22:1176-85 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data provide insight into the origin, molecular mechanism, and phenotypic association of ETS fusions in histologic variants of prostate carcinoma. ..
- Yuen H, McCrudden C, Chan K, Chan Y, Wong M, Chan K, et al. The role of Pea3 group transcription factors in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Am J Pathol. 2011;179:992-1003 pubmed publisherThe transcription factors Pea3, Erm, and Er81 can promote cancer initiation and progression in various types of solid tumors. However, their role in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC) has not been elucidated...
- de Nooij J, Doobar S, Jessell T. Etv1 inactivation reveals proprioceptor subclasses that reflect the level of NT3 expression in muscle targets. Neuron. 2013;77:1055-68 pubmed publisher..Our findings support a model in which the specification of aspects of pSN subtype character is controlled by variation in the level of muscle NT3 expression and signaling. ..
- Pop M, Stransky N, Garvie C, Theurillat J, Hartman E, Lewis T, et al. A small molecule that binds and inhibits the ETV1 transcription factor oncoprotein. Mol Cancer Ther. 2014;13:1492-502 pubmed publisher..These results point to a new avenue for pharmacologic ETV1 inhibition and may inform a general means to discover small molecule perturbagens of transcription factor oncoproteins. ..
- Zhang Y, Gu M, Zhou X, Ma H, Yao H, Ji F. Altered expression of ETV1 and its contribution to tumorigenic phenotypes in gastrointestinal stromal tumors. Oncol Rep. 2014;32:927-34 pubmed publisher..We conclude that ETV1, a member of the ETS family, is upregulated in GISTs, and its signaling is integrated into a cellular signaling network for resistance to apoptosis, tumor cell invasion and survival. ..