Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: EPB41
Description: erythrocyte membrane protein band 4.1
Alias: 4.1R, EL1, protein 4.1, EPB4.1, P4.1, band 4.1, elliptocytosis 1, RH-linked, erythrocyte surface protein band 4.1
Publications124 found, 100 shown here
- Mattagajasingh S, Huang S, Hartenstein J, Snyder M, Marchesi V, Benz E. A nonerythroid isoform of protein 4.1R interacts with the nuclear mitotic apparatus (NuMA) protein. J Cell Biol. 1999;145:29-43 pubmed..Our results not only suggest that 4.1R could, possibly, play an important role in organizing the nuclear architecture, mitotic spindle, and spindle poles, but also could define a novel role for its 22-24-kD domain. ..
- Binda A, Kabbani N, Lin R, Levenson R. D2 and D3 dopamine receptor cell surface localization mediated by interaction with protein 4.1N. Mol Pharmacol. 2002;62:507-13 pubmed..These results suggest that protein 4.1N/dopamine receptor interaction is required for localization or stability of dopamine receptors at the neuronal plasma membrane. ..
- Conboy J, Chan J, Chasis J, Kan Y, Mohandas N. Tissue- and development-specific alternative RNA splicing regulates expression of multiple isoforms of erythroid membrane protein 4.1. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:8273-80 pubmed..Developmentally controlled alternative RNA splicing in the spectrin-actin-binding region may help regulate remodeling of membrane architecture and mechanical properties that occur during erythropoiesis. ..
- Tchernia G, Mohandas N, Shohet S. Deficiency of skeletal membrane protein band 4.1 in homozygous hereditary elliptocytosis. Implications for erythrocyte membrane stability. J Clin Invest. 1981;68:454-60 pubmed..It seems likely that this role for band 4.1 is intimately related to its known biochemical connection to the "membrane skeleton" through its linkage with spectrin and actin. ..
- Walensky L, Gascard P, Fields M, Blackshaw S, Conboy J, Mohandas N, et al. The 13-kD FK506 binding protein, FKBP13, interacts with a novel homologue of the erythrocyte membrane cytoskeletal protein 4.1. J Cell Biol. 1998;141:143-53 pubmed..1 (4.1R) in ghosts, inside-out vesicles, and Triton shell preparations. The identification of FKBP13 in erythrocytes, which lack ER, suggests that FKBP13 may additionally function as a component of membrane cytoskeletal scaffolds. ..
- Han B, Nunomura W, Takakuwa Y, Mohandas N, Jap B. Protein 4.1R core domain structure and insights into regulation of cytoskeletal organization. Nat Struct Biol. 2000;7:871-5 pubmed..1R core domain interacts with membrane proteins and dynamically regulates cell shape in response to changes in intracellular Ca2+ levels. ..
- Pérez Ferreiro C, Vernos I, Correas I. Protein 4.1R regulates interphase microtubule organization at the centrosome. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:6197-206 pubmed..1R fused to glutathione-S-transferase. Together, these results indicate that 4.1R plays a key role at the centrosome, contributing to the maintenance of a radial microtubule organization. ..
- Manno S, Takakuwa Y, Mohandas N. Modulation of erythrocyte membrane mechanical function by protein 4.1 phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:7581-7 pubmed..These findings have enabled us to define a regulatory role for 4.1R phosphorylation in dynamic regulation of red cell membrane properties. ..
- Taylor Harris P, Keating L, Maggs A, Phillips G, Birks E, Franklin R, et al. Cardiac muscle cell cytoskeletal protein 4.1: analysis of transcripts and subcellular location--relevance to membrane integrity, microstructure, and possible role in heart failure. Mamm Genome. 2005;16:137-51 pubmed..Four genes, EPB41, EPB41L1, EPB41L2, and EPB41L3 encode proteins 4.1R, 4.1N, 4.1G, and 4.1B, respectively...
- Subrahmanyam G, Bertics P, Anderson R. Phosphorylation of protein 4.1 on tyrosine-418 modulates its function in vitro. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:5222-6 pubmed..1 occurs in vivo and may be functionally significant. The tyrosine phosphorylation site is in the center of a sequence motif that is expressed by a differentiation-specific splicing mechanism. ..
- Conboy J, Chan J, Mohandas N, Kan Y. Multiple protein 4.1 isoforms produced by alternative splicing in human erythroid cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:9062-5 pubmed..1 pre-mRNA. Multiple RNA splicing pathways are thus operative in the protein 4.1 gene even within a single cell lineage, human erythroid cells. ..
- Tang T, Leto T, Correas I, Alonso M, Marchesi V, Benz E. Selective expression of an erythroid-specific isoform of protein 4.1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:3713-7 pubmed..The selective expression of the alternatively spliced mRNA during erythroid maturation implies the existence of a lineage-specific splicing mechanism whose activity is triggered by terminal maturation. ..
- Huang S, Liu E, Chan S, Munagala I, Cho H, Jagadeeswaran R, et al. Mitotic regulation of protein 4.1R involves phosphorylation by cdc2 kinase. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:117-27 pubmed..1R is required to efficiently focus mitotic spindle poles. Thus, we suggest that 4.1R is a member of the suite of direct cdc2 substrates that are required for the establishment of a bipolar spindle. ..
- Jöns T, Drenckhahn D. Identification of the binding interface involved in linkage of cytoskeletal protein 4.1 to the erythrocyte anion exchanger. EMBO J. 1992;11:2863-7 pubmed..1 (LEEDY). Both motifs appear to be highly conserved during evolution and may also be involved in other types of cytoskeleton-membrane association, i.e. in binding of protein 4.1 to the glycophorins. ..
- Lallena M, Martinez C, Valcarcel J, Correas I. Functional association of nuclear protein 4.1 with pre-mRNA splicing factors. J Cell Sci. 1998;111 ( Pt 14):1963-71 pubmed..Based on our combined biochemical and localization results, we propose that 4.1 proteins are part of nuclear structures to which splicing factors functionally associate, most likely for storage purposes. ..
- Krauss S, Spence J, Bahmanyar S, Barth A, Go M, Czerwinski D, et al. Downregulation of protein 4.1R, a mature centriole protein, disrupts centrosomes, alters cell cycle progression, and perturbs mitotic spindles and anaphase. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:2283-94 pubmed publisher..1R makes crucial contributions to the structural integrity of centrosomes and mitotic spindles which normally enable mitosis and anaphase to proceed with the coordinated precision required to avoid pathological events. ..
- Chen H, Qu L, Xu Z, Zhu J, Xue H. EL1-like Casein Kinases Suppress ABA Signaling and Responses by Phosphorylating and Destabilizing the ABA Receptors PYR/PYLs in Arabidopsis. Mol Plant. 2018;11:706-719 pubmed publisher..In this study, we demonstrate that Arabidopsis EL1-like (AEL) protein, a casein kinase that regulates various physiological processes, phosphorylate PYR/PYLs to ..
- An X, Debnath G, Guo X, Liu S, Lux S, Baines A, et al. Identification and functional characterization of protein 4.1R and actin-binding sites in erythrocyte beta spectrin: regulation of the interactions by phosphatidylinositol-4,5-bisphosphate. Biochemistry. 2005;44:10681-8 pubmed..1R ternary complex in vitro. Furthermore, the binding of 4.1R to 1-301 is greatly enhanced by PIP(2), implying the existence of a regulatory switch in the cell. ..
- Fuchs F. [Prevention of shoulder dystocia risk factors before delivery]. J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris). 2015;44:1248-60 pubmed publisher..physical activity coupled with dietary management is recommended (grade A) because it reduces fetal macrosomia (EL1)...
- Parish L, Mai D, Jones M, Kitson E, Rayner J. A member of the Plasmodium falciparum PHIST family binds to the erythrocyte cytoskeleton component band 4.1. Malar J. 2013;12:160 pubmed publisher..1R interacts with the P. falciparum protein mature parasite-infected erythrocyte surface antigen (MESA), but it is not currently known whether other P. falciparum proteins bind to other lobes of the 4.1R N-terminal domain...
- Parra M, Tan J, Mohandas N, Conboy J. Intrasplicing coordinates alternative first exons with alternative splicing in the protein 4.1R gene. EMBO J. 2008;27:122-31 pubmed..1R gene, intrasplicing ultimately determines N-terminal protein structure and function. More generally, intrasplicing represents a new mechanism by which alternative promoters can be coordinated with downstream alternative splicing. ..
- Denisenko Nehrbass N, Oguievetskaia K, Goutebroze L, Galvez T, Yamakawa H, Ohara O, et al. Protein 4.1B associates with both Caspr/paranodin and Caspr2 at paranodes and juxtaparanodes of myelinated fibres. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;17:411-6 pubmed..1B with Caspr/paranodin at paranodes and with Caspr2 at juxtaparanodes. We propose that 4.1B anchors these axonal proteins to the actin-based cytoskeleton in these two regions. ..
- Mancini M, Palopoli P, Iorio L, Conte G, Cianconi L. Accuracy of an electronic apex locator in the retreatment of teeth obturated with plastic or cross-linked gutta-percha carrier-based materials: an ex vivo study. J Endod. 2014;40:2061-5 pubmed publisher..Pro-Train; Simit Dental, Mantova, Italy), and the canal length was electronically measured (electronic length 1 [EL1]). Specimens were then obturated with ProTaper Obturators (group 1, n = 25) and GuttaCore (group 2, n = 25)...
- Brabant G. [Bacterial vaginosis and spontaneous preterm birth]. J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris). 2016;45:1247-1260 pubmed publisher..it has been failed profit to track and treat the BV in the prevention of the risk of spontaneous preterm delivery (EL1)...
- Li N, Wang Q, Sibrian Vazquez M, Klipp R, Reynolds J, Word T, et al. Treatment of catecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia in mice using novel RyR2-modifying drugs. Int J Cardiol. 2017;227:668-673 pubmed publisher..Confocal microscopy was used to assess the effects of tetracaine and 9 derivatives (EL1-EL9) on spontaneous Ca2+ sparks in ventricular myocytes isolated from RyR2-R176Q/+ mice with CPVT...
- Conboy J, Marchesi S, Kim R, Agre P, Kan Y, Mohandas N. Molecular analysis of insertion/deletion mutations in protein 4.1 in elliptocytosis. II. Determination of molecular genetic origins of rearrangements. J Clin Invest. 1990;86:524-30 pubmed..The duplicated 21 amino acid exon in the 4.1(95) gene retains its proper tissue-specific expression pattern, being spliced into reticulocyte 4.1 mRNA and out of lymphocyte 4.1 mRNA. ..
- Treviño M, Rodríguez Rodríguez M, Correas I, Marcilla M, Albar J, Rico M, et al. NMR characterisation of the minimal interacting regions of centrosomal proteins 4.1R and NuMA1: effect of phosphorylation. BMC Biochem. 2010;11:7 pubmed publisher..1R-NuMA1 and therefore of the processes where both proteins play a role. ..
- Ruiz Sáenz A, van Haren J, Sayas C, Rangel L, Demmers J, Millan J, et al. Protein 4.1R binds to CLASP2 and regulates dynamics, organization and attachment of microtubules to the cell cortex. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:4589-601 pubmed publisher..1R in locally controlling CLASP2 behavior, CLASP2 cortical platform turnover and GSK3 activity, enabling correct MT organization and dynamics essential for cell polarity...
- Doret Dion M, Cazanave C, Charlier C. [Antibiotic prophylaxis in preterm premature rupture of membranes: CNGOF preterm premature rupture of membranes guidelines]. Gynecol Obstet Fertil Senol. 2018;46:1043-1053 pubmed publisher..at admission is associated with significant prolongation of pregnancy (EL2), reduction in neonatal morbidity (EL1) without impact on neonatal mortality (EL2)...
- Zimmer B, Sino H. Coordinating bracket torque and incisor inclination : Part 1: The development of widely applicable equations. J Orofac Orthop. 2018;79:157-167 pubmed publisher..with the "expected inclinations" (eU1, eL1), as they can be generated by bracket torque values according to Andrews, Roth, Ricketts, and MBT...
- Korsgren C, Cohen C. Associations of human erythrocyte band 4.2. Binding to ankyrin and to the cytoplasmic domain of band 3. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:10212-8 pubmed..2 with band 4.1. Our results show that band 4.2 can form multiple associations with red cell membrane proteins and may therefore play an as yet unrecognized structural role on the membrane. ..
- Kotak S, Busso C, GONCZY P. NuMA interacts with phosphoinositides and links the mitotic spindle with the plasma membrane. EMBO J. 2014;33:1815-30 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study uncovers a novel function for plasma membrane phospholipids in governing cortical NuMA distribution and thus the proper execution of mitosis. ..
- Calinisan V, Gravem D, Chen R, Brittin S, Mohandas N, Lecomte M, et al. New insights into potential functions for the protein 4.1 superfamily of proteins in kidney epithelium. Front Biosci. 2006;11:1646-66 pubmed..We also discuss the functional relevance of another member of the protein 4.1 superfamily, ezrin, in kidney physio-pathology. ..
- Artopoulou I, Chambers M, Zinelis S, Eliades G. Peel strength and interfacial characterization of maxillofacial silicone elastomers bonded to titanium. Dent Mater. 2016;32:e137-47 pubmed publisher..For testing the bond strength between two elastomers (EL1:MDX4-4210, EL2:A-2006) and primed cpTi surfaces, a 90° T peel test was performed (PBS), using as reference EL1, ..
- Xue F, Wong R, Rabie A. Identification of SNP markers on 1p36 and association analysis of EPB41 with mandibular prognathism in a Chinese population. Arch Oral Biol. 2010;55:867-72 pubmed publisher..1 (EPB41) gene in 211 cases and 224 controls...
- Marcelli M, Gauthier T, ChÃªne G, Lamblin G, Agostini A. [How to avoid the complications associated with hysterectomy: Place of subtotal hysterectomy, prevention of venous thromboembolism risk and preoperative treatment: Guidelines]. J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris). 2015;44:1206-18 pubmed publisher..regarding the sexual quality of life for laparotomic subtotal hysterectomy versus laparotomic total hysterectomy (EL1)...
- Gupta S, Gupta N, Tiwari P, Menon S, Mathur P, Kothari S, et al. Lnc-EPB41-Protein Interactions Associated with Congenital Pouch Colon. Biomolecules. 2018;8: pubmed publisher..We report the role of lnc-EPB41-1-1 shown to be promiscuously interacting with KIF13A substantiating their role in regulation.
- Tanabe K, Bonus M, Tomiyama S, Miyoshi K, Nagi M, Niimi K, et al. FK506 Resistance of Saccharomyces cerevisiae Pdr5 and Candida albicans Cdr1 Involves Mutations in the Transmembrane Domains and Extracellular Loops. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2019;63: pubmed publisher..were in just three Pdr5/Cdr1 equivalent amino acid positions, T550/T540 and T552/S542 of extracellular loop 1 (EL1) and A723/A713 of EL3...
- Linet T. [The contraception consultation: CNGOF Contraception Guidelines]. Gynecol Obstet Fertil Senol. 2018;46:792-798 pubmed publisher..Showing a contraceptive preference decreases women's satisfaction (EL1) and may decrease contraceptive persistence (EL4). A GATHER's like structured consultation is recommended (Grade A)...
- Lee W, Bergen A, Swan G, Li D, Liu J, Thomas P, et al. Gender-stratified gene and gene-treatment interactions in smoking cessation. Pharmacogenomics J. 2012;12:521-32 pubmed publisher..98) in erythrocyte membrane protein band 4.1 (EPB41) had a significant male-specific marginal association with smoking abstinence (odds ratio (OR) = 0...
- Kwon C, Kim S, Kim D, Paek N. The Rice Floral Repressor Early flowering1 Affects Spikelet Fertility By Modulating Gibberellin Signaling. Rice (N Y). 2015;8:58 pubmed publisher..Using a cross of 'Milyang23 (M23)', which has a functional allele of Early flowering1 (EL1), and 'H143', which has a nonfunctional el1 allele, we generated heterogeneous inbred family-near isogenic lines (..
- Robb V, Li W, Gascard P, Perry A, Mohandas N, Gutmann D. Identification of a third Protein 4.1 tumor suppressor, Protein 4.1R, in meningioma pathogenesis. Neurobiol Dis. 2003;13:191-202 pubmed..1B interactors including CD44 and betaII-spectrin. Collectively, these results suggest that Protein 4.1R functions as an important tumor suppressor in the molecular pathogenesis of meningioma. ..
- Cioffi D, Wu S, Alexeyev M, Goodman S, Zhu M, Stevens T. Activation of the endothelial store-operated ISOC Ca2+ channel requires interaction of protein 4.1 with TRPC4. Circ Res. 2005;97:1164-72 pubmed..1 binding domain on TRPC4 or peptide competition to the protein 4.1 binding domain prevents ISOC activation. These findings reveal that interaction of protein 4.1 with TRPC4 is required for activation of the endothelial ISOC channel. ..
- Diepenhorst N, Petrie E, Chen C, Wang A, Hossain M, Bathgate R, et al. Investigation of interactions at the extracellular loops of the relaxin family peptide receptor 1 (RXFP1). J Biol Chem. 2014;289:34938-52 pubmed publisher..the many challenges of investigating relaxin and the LDLa module interactions with the ELs, we engineered the EL1 and EL2 loops onto a soluble protein scaffold, mapping specific ligand and loop interactions using nuclear magnetic ..
- Yang X, Yu D, Ren Y, Wei J, Pan W, Zhou C, et al. Integrative Functional Genomics Implicates EPB41 Dysregulation in Hepatocellular Carcinoma Risk. Am J Hum Genet. 2016;99:275-86 pubmed publisher..This polymorphism leads to HCC predisposition through modifying c-Myc-mediated transcriptional regulation of EPB41, with the risk rs157224T allele showing significantly decreased gene expression...
- Bettahar K, Pinton A, Boisramé T, Cavillon V, Wylomanski S, Nisand I, et al. [Medical induced abortion]. J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris). 2016;45:1490-1514 pubmed publisher..The effectiveness of medical abortion is higher than 95% when the protocols are adjusted to gestational age (EL1). Misoprostol alone is less effective than a combination of mifepristone and misoprostol (EL1)...
- Nunomura W, Takakuwa Y. Regulation of protein 4.1R interactions with membrane proteins by Ca2+ and calmodulin. Front Biosci. 2006;11:1522-39 pubmed..1R. Finally, we give insights into the potential roles of 4.1R in the dynamic organization of the membrane skeleton viewed as a complex system. ..
- Linet T. [Surgical methods of abortion]. J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris). 2016;45:1515-1535 pubmed publisher..ratio (grade A); (ii) the sublingual administration 1 to 3 hours before the procedure has a higher efficiency (EL1). The patient should be warned of more common gastrointestinal side effects...
- Krauss S, Chen C, Penman S, Heald R. Nuclear actin and protein 4.1: essential interactions during nuclear assembly in vitro. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:10752-7 pubmed..1. Our results suggest that actin as well as 4.1 is necessary for nuclear assembly and that 4.1-actin interactions may be critical. ..
- Kiyomitsu T, Cheeseman I. Cortical dynein and asymmetric membrane elongation coordinately position the spindle in anaphase. Cell. 2013;154:391-402 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal the anaphase-specific spindle centering systems that achieve equal-sized cell division. ..
- Morel O, Perdriolle Galet E, MÃ©zan de Malartic C, Gauchotte E, Moncollin M, Patte C, et al. [Management of severe or persistent postpartum hemorrhage after vaginal delivery]. J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris). 2014;43:1019-29 pubmed publisher..If oxytocin has been administered, it is not recommended to use misoprostol (EL1) as adjuvant treatment because there is no evidence of benefit in this indication (grade A)...
- Tang T, Leto T, Marchesi V, Benz E. Expression of specific isoforms of protein 4.1 in erythroid and non-erythroid tissues. Adv Exp Med Biol. 1988;241:81-95 pubmed..This form appears to localize preferentially in the nucleus. We thus conclude that a single gene gives rise to multiple protein 4.1 isoforms with potentially diverse locations and functions. ..
- Mandal D, Moitra P, Basu J. Mapping of a spectrin-binding domain of human erythrocyte membrane protein 4.2. Biochem J. 2002;364:841-7 pubmed..2 confirmed that these residues are crucial in mediating protein 4.2-spectrin interactions. ..
- Luque C, Pérez Ferreiro C, Pérez González A, Englmeier L, Koffa M, Correas I. An alternative domain containing a leucine-rich sequence regulates nuclear cytoplasmic localization of protein 4.1R. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:2686-91 pubmed..We hypothesize that the leucine-rich sequence in 4.1R controls distribution and concomitantly function of a specific set of 4.1R isoforms. ..
- Tam J, Ko C, Koon C, Cheng Z, Lok W, Lau C, et al. Identification of Target Genes Involved in Wound Healing Angiogenesis of Endothelial Cells with the Treatment of a Chinese 2-Herb Formula. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0139342 pubmed publisher..g., IL1RAPL2 and NR1H4 in anti-inflammation; miR28 in anti-tumorogenesis; GRIN1 and LCN1 in anti-oxidation; EPB41 in intracellular signal transduction; PRL and TFAP2A in cell proliferation; miR28, PRL and SCG2 in cell migration; ..
- Orlacchio A, Calabresi P, Rum A, Tarzia A, Salvati A, Kawarai T, et al. Neuroacanthocytosis associated with a defect of the 4.1R membrane protein. BMC Neurol. 2007;7:4 pubmed
- Rajaram V, Gutmann D, Prasad S, Mansur D, Perry A. Alterations of protein 4.1 family members in ependymomas: a study of 84 cases. Mod Pathol. 2005;18:991-7 pubmed..009). We conclude that alterations of Protein 4.1 family members are common in ependymal tumors and that specific alterations are associated with distinct clinicopathologic subsets. ..
- Cao Y, Min C, Acharya S, Kim K, Cheon S. Design, synthesis and evaluation of bitopic arylpiperazinephenyl-1,2,4-oxadiazoles as preferential dopamine D3 receptor ligands. Bioorg Med Chem. 2016;24:191-200 pubmed publisher..Specifically, non-conserved Tyr36, EL1 especially non-conserved Thr92 and Gly94, and EL2 Val180, Cys181 and Ser182 of D3R may contribute to D3R ..
- Völkel G, Seabi J, Cockcroft K, Goldschagg P. The Impact of Gender, Socioeconomic Status and Home Language on Primary School Children's Reading Comprehension in KwaZulu-Natal. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2016;13: pubmed publisher..English as a First Language (EL1) speakers had a higher mean reading comprehension score than speakers who spoke English as an Additional Language (..
- Artopoulou I, Chambers M, Eliades G. Porosity of maxillofacial silicone elastomers and microleakage pattern of the commercially pure Ti-silicone elastomer interface after hydrothermal cycling. J Prosthet Dent. 2016;116:937-942 pubmed publisher..To test the interfacial microleakage patterns of the 2 elastomers MDX4-4210 (EL1) and A-2006 (EL2) with cpTi when 3 metal primers, A-304 (PR1), A-320 bonding enhancer (PR2), Super-Bond C&B ..
- Doraczynska Kowalik A, Nelke K, Pawlak W, Sasiadek M, Gerber H. Genetic Factors Involved in Mandibular Prognathism. J Craniofac Surg. 2017;28:e422-e431 pubmed publisher..3, 12q13.13, 12q23, 12q24.11, 14q24.3 to 31.2, and 19p13.2. The following appear among candidate genes: MATN1, EPB41, growth hormone receptor, COL2A1, COL1A1, MYO1H, DUSP6, ARHGAP21, ADAMTS1, FGF23, FGFR2, TBX5, ALPL, HSPG2, EVC, ..
- Parra M, Gee S, Koury M, Mohandas N, Conboy J. Alternative 5' exons and differential splicing regulate expression of protein 4.1R isoforms with distinct N-termini. Blood. 2003;101:4164-71 pubmed..1R protein isoforms in various cell types is regulated by a novel mechanism requiring coordination between upstream transcription initiation events and downstream alternative splicing events. ..
- Huang S, Cho A, Norton S, Liu E, Park J, Zhou A, et al. Coupled transcription-splicing regulation of mutually exclusive splicing events at the 5' exons of protein 4.1R gene. Blood. 2009;114:4233-42 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that 4.1R gene expression involves transcriptional regulation coupled with a complex splicing regulatory network. ..
- Zimmer B, Sino H. Coordinating bracket torque and incisor inclination : Part 3: Validity of bracket torque values in achieving norm inclinations. J Orofac Orthop. 2018;79:320-327 pubmed publisher..in part 1 (eU1(BOP) = 90° - BT(U1) - TCA(U1) + ?1 - ?2 and eL1(BOP) = 90° - BT(L1) - TCA(L1) + ?1 - ?2) (abbreviations ..
- Hanada T, Takeuchi A, Sondarva G, Chishti A. Protein 4.1-mediated membrane targeting of human discs large in epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:34445-50 pubmed..1r. ..
- Pérez Ferreiro C, Lospitao E, Correas I. Protein 4.1R self-association: identification of the binding domain. Biochem J. 2006;400:457-65 pubmed..1R80 isoforms bound neither to each other nor to 4.1R60 isoforms. We propose that 4.1R60 isoforms are constitutively self-associated, whereas 4.1R80 and 4.1R135 self-association is prevented by intramolecular interactions. ..
- Ruetz T, Lin A, Guttman J. Enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli requires the spectrin cytoskeleton for efficient attachment and pedestal formation on host cells. Microb Pathog. 2012;52:149-56 pubmed publisher..These findings identify the spectrin cytoskeleton as a major host cell cytoskeletal network involved in critical EHEC pathogenic events. ..
- Gertzen C, Spomer L, Smits S, HÃ¤ussinger D, Keitel V, Gohlke H. Mutational mapping of the transmembrane binding site of the G-protein coupled receptor TGR5 and binding mode prediction of TGR5 agonists. Eur J Med Chem. 2015;104:57-72 pubmed publisher..taurine side chain orients towards the extracellular opening of the binding site and forms a salt bridge with R79(EL1), and the 3-hydroxyl group forms hydrogen bonds with E169(5.44) and Y240(6.51)...
- Pinto A, Rodrigues S, Caldeira A, Teixeira D. Exploring the potential of novel biomixtures and Lentinula edodes fungus for the degradation of selected pesticides. Evaluation for use in biobed systems. Sci Total Environ. 2016;541:1372-1381 pubmed publisher..Indeed, the biomixtures inoculated with L. edodes EL1 were able to mineralize the selected xenobiotics, revelling that these white-rot fungi might be a suitable fungus ..
- Brun S. [Cervical pessary and spontaneous preterm birth]. J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris). 2016;45:1324-1336 pubmed publisher..does not reduce the risk of preterm birth in the general population of asymptomatic women with a twin pregnancy (EL1)...
- Gascard P, Nunomura W, Lee G, Walensky L, Krauss S, Takakuwa Y, et al. Deciphering the nuclear import pathway for the cytoskeletal red cell protein 4.1R. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:1783-98 pubmed..1R NLS in exon 16 was lacking or mutated, confirming that both motifs were required for efficient importin-mediated nuclear import of 4.1R80. ..
- Kontrogianni Konstantopoulos A, Huang S, Benz E. A nonerythroid isoform of protein 4.1R interacts with components of the contractile apparatus in skeletal myofibers. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:3805-17 pubmed..All of these observations suggest a topological model whereby 4.1R may play a scaffolding role by anchoring the actomyosin myofilaments and possibly modulating their displacements during contraction/relaxation. ..
- Scott C, Phillips G, Baines A. Properties of the C-terminal domain of 4.1 proteins. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:3709-17 pubmed..Together these data indicate that the CTD probably represents an independent folding structure which has gained function since the divergence of vertebrates from invertebrates. ..
- Safarchi A, Octavia S, Wu S, Kaur S, Sintchenko V, Gilbert G, et al. Genomic dissection of Australian Bordetella pertussis isolates from the 2008-2012 epidemic. J Infect. 2016;72:468-77 pubmed publisher..The Australian epidemic isolates can be divided into five lineages (EL1-EL5) with EL1 containing only Prn negative isolates...
- De Silva P, Mohammed Abdul K, Eakanayake E, Jayasinghe S, Jayasumana C, Asanthi H, et al. Urinary Biomarkers KIM-1 and NGAL for Detection of Chronic Kidney Disease of Uncertain Etiology (CKDu) among Agricultural Communities in Sri Lanka. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2016;10:e0004979 pubmed publisher..CKDu prevalence) and two CKDu emerging locations from Hambantota District in Southern Sri Lanka; Angunakolapelessa (EL1) and Bandagiriya (EL2)...
- Delhommeau F, Vasseur Godbillon C, Leclerc P, Schischmanoff P, Croisille L, Rince P, et al. A splicing alteration of 4.1R pre-mRNA generates 2 protein isoforms with distinct assembly to spindle poles in mitotic cells. Blood. 2002;100:2629-36 pubmed..1 family members. These findings led to the postulate that the coexpression at the spindle poles of 2 related proteins, 4.1R and 4.1G, might reflect a functional redundancy in mitotic cells. ..
- Alanio Bréchot C, Schischmanoff P, Fénéant Thibault M, Cynober T, Tchernia G, Delaunay J, et al. Association between myeloid malignancies and acquired deficit in protein 4.1R: a retrospective analysis of six patients. Am J Hematol. 2008;83:275-8 pubmed..1R level. We confirm that deficit in protein 4.1R is recurrent in myeloid malignancies and should be particularly investigated when deletion del (20 q) is present, since we found this chromosomal abnormality in four out of six patients. ..
- Nunomura W, Isozumi N, Nakamura S, Jinbo Y, Ohki S, Kidokoro S, et al. Unique structural changes in calcium-bound calmodulin upon interaction with protein 4.1R FERM domain: novel insights into the calcium-dependent regulation of 4.1R FERM domain binding to membrane proteins by calmodulin. Cell Biochem Biophys. 2014;69:7-19 pubmed publisher..We propose that these unique properties may account in part for the previously described Ca(2+)/CaM-dependent regulation of R30 binding to membrane proteins. ..
- Dalla Venezia N, Gilsanz F, Alloisio N, Ducluzeau M, Benz E, Delaunay J. Homozygous 4.1(-) hereditary elliptocytosis associated with a point mutation in the downstream initiation codon of protein 4.1 gene. J Clin Invest. 1992;90:1713-7 pubmed..The ultimate change turned out to be a point mutation of the downstream translation initiation codon (AUG-->AGG). No disorders in other cell types could be related with certainty to the present 4.1(-) HE allele. ..
- Inaba M, Maede Y. O-N-acetyl-D-glucosamine moiety on discrete peptide of multiple protein 4.1 isoforms regulated by alternative pathways. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:18149-55 pubmed..These results appear to suggest the functional or biological significance of the O-GlcNAc linkage in protein 4.1. ..
- Conboy J, Chasis J, Winardi R, Tchernia G, Kan Y, Mohandas N. An isoform-specific mutation in the protein 4.1 gene results in hereditary elliptocytosis and complete deficiency of protein 4.1 in erythrocytes but not in nonerythroid cells. J Clin Invest. 1993;91:77-82 pubmed
- Lue R, Brandin E, Chan E, Branton D. Two independent domains of hDlg are sufficient for subcellular targeting: the PDZ1-2 conformational unit and an alternatively spliced domain. J Cell Biol. 1996;135:1125-37 pubmed..1/ERM proteins. Our data elucidates the multivalent nature of membrane-associated guanylate kinase homologue (MAGUK) targeting, thus beginning to define those protein interactions that are critical in MAGUK function. ..
- Hung L, Tang C, Tang T. Protein 4.1 R-135 interacts with a novel centrosomal protein (CPAP) which is associated with the gamma-tubulin complex. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:7813-25 pubmed..The formation of microtubule asters was significantly inhibited by anti-CPAP antibody. Together, these observations indicate that CPAP may play an important role in cell division and centrosome function. ..
- Piaskowski S, Rieske P, Szybka M, Wozniak K, Bednarek A, Płuciennik E, et al. GADD45A and EPB41 as tumor suppressor genes in meningioma pathogenesis. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2005;162:63-7 pubmed..We chose the GADD45A and EPB41 genes as tumor suppressor candidates based on their function and chromosomal localization...
- Nunomura W, Parra M, Hebiguchi M, Sawada K, Mohandas N, Takakuwa Y. Marked difference in membrane-protein-binding properties of the two isoforms of protein 4.1R expressed at early and late stages of erythroid differentiation. Biochem J. 2009;417:141-8 pubmed publisher..These findings enable us to offer potential new insights into the differential contribution of 4.1R isoforms to membrane assembly during terminal erythroid differentiation. ..
- Ruiz Sáenz A, Kremer L, Alonso M, Millan J, Correas I. Protein 4.1R regulates cell migration and IQGAP1 recruitment to the leading edge. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:2529-38 pubmed publisher..1R localization. Collectively, our results indicate a crucial role for protein 4.1R in cell migration and in the recruitment of the scaffold protein IQGAP1 to the cell front. ..
- Nunomura W, Sasakura D, Shiba K, Nakamura S, Kidokoro S, Takakuwa Y. Structural stabilization of protein 4.1R FERM domain upon binding to apo-calmodulin: novel insights into the biological significance of the calcium-independent binding of calmodulin to protein 4.1R. Biochem J. 2011;440:367-74 pubmed publisher..15 K) respectively. These data support the notion that apo-CaM stabilizes R30 through interaction with its ?-strand-rich C-lobe and provide a novel function for CaM, i.e. structural stabilization of 4.1R80. ..
- Sellyei B, Banyai K, Bartha D, Hajtós I, Fodor L, Makrai L. Multilocus Sequencing of Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis Biotype Ovis Strains. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:1762162 pubmed publisher..sequencing and their phylogenetic comparison was carried out on the basis of four housekeeping genes (groEL1, infB, dnaK, and leuA)...
- Mische S, Mooseker M, Morrow J. Erythrocyte adducin: a calmodulin-regulated actin-bundling protein that stimulates spectrin-actin binding. J Cell Biol. 1987;105:2837-45 pubmed..These results thus identify a putative role for adducin, and define a calcium- and calmodulin-dependent mechanism whereby higher states of actin association and its interaction with spectrin in the erythrocyte may be controlled. ..
- Cohen A, Woods D, Marfatia S, Walther Z, Chishti A, Anderson J, et al. Human CASK/LIN-2 binds syndecan-2 and protein 4.1 and localizes to the basolateral membrane of epithelial cells. J Cell Biol. 1998;142:129-38 pubmed..1. Like other membrane-associated guanylate kinases, its multidomain structure enables it to act as a scaffold at the membrane, potentially recruiting multiple proteins and coordinating signal transduction. ..