Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: eotaxin
Description: chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 11
Alias: SCYA11, eosinophil chemotactic protein, eotaxin, eotaxin-1, small inducible cytokine subfamily A (Cys-Cys), member 11 (eotaxin)
Publications178 found, 100 shown here
- Human eotaxin represents a potent activator of the respiratory burst of human eosinophilsJ Elsner
Hannover Medical School, Department of Dermatology, Germany
Eur J Immunol 26:1919-25. 1996..Here, the effect of the recently cloned CC chemokine human eotaxin was investigated for its ability to affect different eosinophil effector functions and compared to the CC ..
- Production of the chemokine eotaxin-1 in osteoarthritis and its role in cartilage degradationYi Hsin Hsu
Department of Internal Medicine, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Cell Biochem 93:929-39. 2004The expression of the chemokine, eotaxin-1, and its receptors in normal and osteoarthritic human chondrocytes was examined, and its role in cartilage degradation was elucidated in this study...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of a human eotaxin receptor expressed selectively on eosinophilsP D Ponath
LeukoSite, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
J Exp Med 183:2437-48. 1996The chemokine eotaxin is unusual in that it appears to be a highly specific chemoattractant for eosinophils...
- MCP-1-MCP-3-Eotaxin gene cluster influences HIV-1 transmissionWilliam S Modi
SAIC Frederick and the Laboratory of Genomic Diversity, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, Maryland, USA
AIDS 17:2357-65. 2003MCP-1 (CCL2), MCP-3 (CCL7), and eotaxin (CCL11) are genes for CC chemokines clustered on the long arm of chromosome 17...
- Genomic organization, sequence, and transcriptional regulation of the human eotaxin geneH Hein
Department of Dermatology, University of Kiel, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 237:537-42. 1997b>Eotaxin is an eosinophil specific beta-chemokine assumed to be involved in eosinophilic inflammatory diseases such as atopic dermatitis, allergic rhinitis, asthma and parasitic infections. Its expression is stimulus- and cell-specific...
- Eotaxin is a natural antagonist for CCR2 and an agonist for CCR5P Ogilvie
Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Bellinzona, Switzerland
Blood 97:1920-4. 2001b>Eotaxin is a potent inducer of eosinophil chemotaxis and was considered as a selective ligand of the CC chemokine receptor 3 (CCR3), which is expressed on eosinophils, basophils, and Th2 lymphocytes...
- Stromal cell-derived factors 1alpha and 1beta, inflammatory protein-10 and interferon-inducible T cell chemo-attractant are novel substrates of dipeptidyl peptidase 8Katerina Ajami
Centenary Institute, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sydney, Newtown, Sydney, NSW, Australia
FEBS Lett 582:819-25. 2008..This has implications for DP8 substrate specificity. Chemokine cleavage and inactivation may occur in vivo upon cell lysis and release of DP8 or in the inactivation of internalized chemokine/receptor complexes...
- Eotaxin and CCR3 are up-regulated in exacerbations of chronic bronchitisV Bocchino
Department of Respiratory Disease, University of Parma, Italy
Allergy 57:17-22. 2002..b>Eotaxin is the most potent and selective eosinophil chemoattractant which can also attracts lymphocytes...
- Cigarette smoke induces IL-8, but inhibits eotaxin and RANTES release from airway smooth muscleUte Oltmanns
Experimental Studies National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College, London SW36LY, UK
Respir Res 6:74. 2005..Human airway smooth muscle cells (HASMC) are a source of proinflammatory cytokines and chemokines. We investigated whether cigarette smoke could directly induce the release of chemokines from HASMC...
- A single nucleotide polymorphism on the promoter of eotaxin1 associates with its mRNA expression and asthma phenotypesHun Soo Chang
Division of Molecular and Life Sciences, Hanyang University, Ansan, Gyeonggi Do, Korea
J Immunol 174:1525-31. 2005..Our data suggest that the EOT-384A>G SNP participates in the regulation of eotaxin1 expression by providing a potential binding site for a repressor, and that the ANOVA of EOT-384A>G may predict asthma phenotypes...
- Cloning of the human eosinophil chemoattractant, eotaxin. Expression, receptor binding, and functional properties suggest a mechanism for the selective recruitment of eosinophilsP D Ponath
LeukoSite, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
J Clin Invest 97:604-12. 1996The CC chemokine eotaxin, identified in guinea pigs and also recently in mice, may be a key element for the selective recruitment of eosinophils to certain inflamed tissues...
- TGF-beta and IL-13 synergistically increase eotaxin-1 production in human airway fibroblastsSally E Wenzel
National Jewish Medical and Research Center, 1400 Jackson Street, Denver, CO 80206, USA
J Immunol 169:4613-9. 2002..These fibroblasts were exposed to TGF-beta1 and IL-13 alone or in combination, and eotaxin-1 expression and production were evaluated...
- Chemokines in the limbal form of vernal keratoconjunctivitisA M Abu El-Asrar
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Br J Ophthalmol 84:1360-6. 2000..The aims of this study were to investigate the expression of the CC chemokines, RANTES, eotaxin, monocyte chemotactic protein (MCP) 1, MCP-2, and MCP-3 in the conjunctiva of patients with vernal ..
- Human eosinophil adhesion and degranulation stimulated with eotaxin and RANTES in vitro: lack of interaction with nitric oxideLeticia Lintomen
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, State University of Campinas, Campinas Sao Paulo, Brazil
BMC Pulm Med 8:13. 2008..out functional assays (adhesion and degranulation) and flow cytometry analysis of adhesion molecules (VLA-4 and Mac-1 expression) to evaluate the interactions between NO and CC-chemokines (eotaxin and RANTES) in human eosinophils.
- Eosinophil chemotactic chemokines (eotaxin, eotaxin-2, RANTES, monocyte chemoattractant protein-3 (MCP-3), and MCP-4), and C-C chemokine receptor 3 expression in bronchial biopsies from atopic and nonatopic (Intrinsic) asthmaticsS Ying
Department of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom
J Immunol 163:6321-9. 1999..We examined the expression of eotaxin, eotaxin-2, RANTES, monocyte chemoattractant protein-3 (MCP-3), MCP-4, and CCR3 in the bronchial mucosa from ..
- Eotaxin-3/CCL26 gene expression in intestinal epithelial cells is up-regulated by interleukin-4 and interleukin-13 via the signal transducer and activator of transcription 6Carine Blanchard
INSERM U45, Faculte de Medecine Laennec, 69372 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 37:2559-73. 2005..The mechanisms that govern mucosal infiltration with eosinophils are not fully understood. Eotaxin-3/CCL-26 belongs to a family of CC chemokines, which are potent chemoattractants for eosinophils...
- Cloning and characterization of the guinea pig eosinophil eotaxin receptor, C-C chemokine receptor-3: blockade using a monoclonal antibody in vivoI Sabroe
Biomedical Sciences Division, Imperial College School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom
J Immunol 161:6139-47. 1998Certain C-C chemokines, signaling via the eotaxin receptor C-C chemokine receptor-3 (CCR3), are thought to be central mediators of eosinophil accumulation in allergic inflammation...
- Eotaxin-2 activates chemotaxis-related events and release of reactive oxygen species via pertussis toxin-sensitive G proteins in human eosinophilsJ Elsner
Hannover Medical University, Department of Dermatology and Allergology, Germany
Eur J Immunol 28:2152-8. 1998..Recently, eotaxin was found to have the broadest spectrum of activities of all eosinophil-activating CC chemokines...
- Eotaxin stimulates eosinophil adhesion to human lung microvascular endothelial cellsA Burke-Gaffney
National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College of Science Technology and Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 227:35-40. 1996Effects of the human C-C chemokines eotaxin, MIP-1 alpha, and RANTES on human eosinophil or neutrophil adhesion to human lung microvascular endothelial cells (LMVEC) were investigated...
- The CC chemokine antagonist Met-RANTES inhibits eosinophil effector functions through the chemokine receptors CCR1 and CCR3J Elsner
Hannover Medical School, Department of Dermatology, Germany
Eur J Immunol 27:2892-8. 1997..on human eosinophil effector functions in response to RANTES, monocyte chemoattractant protein (MCP)-3 and eotaxin. Met-RANTES was able to inhibit dose-dependently [Ca2+]i transients in eosinophils following stimulation with ..
- Significant elevation of serum levels of eotaxin-3/CCL26, but not of eotaxin-2/CCL24, in patients with atopic dermatitis: serum eotaxin-3/CCL26 levels reflect the disease activity of atopic dermatitisS Kagami
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 134:309-13. 2003..Recently, eotaxin-2/CCL24 and eotaxin-3/CCL26 were identified as CC chemokines that signal exclusively via the CCR3 receptor and ..
- The role of chemokines in Henoch Schonlein PurpuraFulya Tahan
Department of Pediatric Allergy, Erciyes University School of Medicine, Kayseri, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 27:955-60. 2007..The pathogenesis of Henoch Schonlein Purpura is incompletely understood and the role of chemokines is unknown...
- Computed tomographic scan-diagnosed chronic obstructive pulmonary disease-emphysema: eotaxin-1 is associated with bronchodilator response and extent of emphysemaMarina Miller
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0635, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 120:1118-25. 2007..We evaluated subjects with COPD and computed tomographic (CT) scan evidence of emphysema to determine the biomarker profile associated with a bronchodilator response...
- Differential regulation of epithelial-derived C-C chemokine expression by IL-4 and the glucocorticoid budesonideC Stellato
Division of Clinical Immunology and Allergy, Johns Hopkins Asthma and Allergy Center, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Immunol 163:5624-32. 1999..topical glucocorticoid budesonide differentially regulate RANTES, monocyte chemoattractant protein-4 (MCP-4), and eotaxin mRNA and protein expression in the human bronchial epithelial cell line BEAS-2B and in primary human bronchial ..
- Eotaxin-3 is a natural antagonist for CCR2 and exerts a repulsive effect on human monocytesPatricia Ogilvie
Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Via Vela 6, 6500 Bellinzona, Switzerland
Blood 102:789-94. 2003b>Eotaxin-3 (CCL26) belongs to the group of CC chemokines that attract eosinophils, basophils, and Th2 lymphocytes. Like eotaxin (CCL11) and eotaxin-2 (CCL24), eotaxin-3 mediates its activity through CCR3...
- Comparison of plasma eotaxin family level in aspirin-induced and aspirin-tolerant asthma patientsJi Won Min
Division of Allergy and Respiratory Diseases, Genome Research Center for Allergy and Respiratory Diseases, Soonchunhyang University, Bucheon Hospital, Gyeonggi Do, Korea
Chest 128:3127-32. 2005..In the present study, the levels of eotaxin-1, eotaxin-2, and eotaxin-3 following an oral aspirin provocation test (APT) were measured, and the relationship ..
- Identification of potent, selective non-peptide CC chemokine receptor-3 antagonist that inhibits eotaxin-, eotaxin-2-, and monocyte chemotactic protein-4-induced eosinophil migrationJ R White
Departments of Immunology, Biomolecular Discovery, Pulmonary Biology, Gene Expression Sciences, and Medicinal Chemistry, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania 19406, USA
J Biol Chem 275:36626-31. 2000..Several CC chemokines including eotaxin (CCL-11), eotaxin-2 (CCL-24), RANTES (CCL-5), and monocyte chemotactic protein-3 (MCP-3, CCL-7) and 4 (MCP-4, CCL-..
- The ligands of CXC chemokine receptor 3, I-TAC, Mig, and IP10, are natural antagonists for CCR3P Loetscher
Theodor Kocher Institute, University of Bern, P O Box 99, CH 3000 Bern 9, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 276:2986-91. 2001..IP10 (interferon-inducible protein 10), is expressed preferentially on Th1 cells, whereas CCR3, the receptor for eotaxin and several other CC chemokines, is characteristic of Th2 cells...
- Cloning of equine chemokines eotaxin, monocyte chemoattractant protein (MCP)-1, MCP-2 and MCP-4, mRNA expression in tissues and induction by IL-4 in dermal fibroblastsC Benarafa
Department of Pathology and Infectious Diseases, The Royal Veterinary College, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 7TA, UK
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 76:283-98. 2000We report the cloning of four equine CC chemokines, eotaxin, monocyte chemoattractant protein (MCP)-1, MCP-2 and MCP-4, which show high levels of identity with their respective homologous sequences in other species...
- [Effects of fasudil on the expression of Rho kinase-1 and airway inflammation in a mouse model of asthma.]Feng Qin Wu
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Affiliated Hospital of Xuzhou Medical College, Xuzhou 221002, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 32:847-9. 2009..To explore the role of Rho kinase-1 (ROCK-1) in airway inflammation of asthma by observing the effects of fasudil, a specific inhibitor of ROCK-1, on the expression of Rho kinase-1 and airway inflammation in a mouse model of asthma...
- Expression of chemokines CCL5 and CCL11 by smooth muscle tumor cells of the uterus and its possible role in the recruitment of mast cellsXue Qiong Zhu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Second Affiliated Hospital of Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou 325000, Zhejiang Province, China
Gynecol Oncol 105:650-6. 2007..The purpose of this study was to reveal the different mast cell subsets in smooth muscle tumors of uterus and to investigate the mechanism of local increase of mast cells...
- Detection of mRNA for eotaxin-2 and eotaxin-3 in human dermal fibroblasts and their distinct activation profile on human eosinophilsY Dulkys
Hannover Medical University, Department of Dermatology and Allergology, Hannover, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 116:498-505. 2001..part in the pathogenesis of allergic and autoimmune diseases, the role of the recently discovered members of the eotaxin family, eotaxin-2 and eotaxin-3, is not really understood...
- Apoptotic eosinophils in sputum from asthmatic patients correlate negatively with levels of IL-5 and eotaxinJunyang Xu
Department of Respiratory Medicine, The Fifth Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat sen University, Guangdong, China
Respir Med 101:1447-54. 2007..Eosinophilic inflammation of the airways is a key characteristic of asthma. A defect in eosinophil apoptosis might contribute to the chronic tissue eosinophilia associated with asthma...
- Differential roles of IL-18 in allergic airway disease: induction of eotaxin by resident cell populations exacerbates eosinophil accumulationE Campbell
Department of Pathology, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Immunol 164:1096-102. 2000..A possible mechanism was observed in a significant increase in eotaxin, but not other eosinophil chemotactic factors, in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid after IL-18 instillation...
- Activation of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase and nuclear factor-kappaB in tumour necrosis factor-induced eotaxin release of human eosinophilsC K Wong
Department of Chemical Pathology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong
Clin Exp Immunol 128:483-9. 2002The CC chemokine eotaxin is a potent eosinophil-specific chemoattractant that is crucial for allergic inflammation. Allergen-induced tumour necrosis factor (TNF) has been shown to induce eotaxin synthesis in eosinophils...
- Effects of antisense interleukin-5 gene transferred by recombinant adeno-associated virus to allergic ratsDaxiong Zeng
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Tongji Hospital, Key Laboratory of Pulmonary Diseases of Ministry of Health of China, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
Respirology 15:132-40. 2010..This study explored a new approach to asthma therapy in which allergic rats were transfected with the IL-5 antisense gene delivered by the recombinant adeno-associated virus (rAAV-ASIL-5)...
- Pulmonary eosinophilia requires interleukin-5, eotaxin-1, and CD4+ T cells in mice immunized with respiratory syncytial virus G glycoproteinTeresa R Johnson
Vaccine Research Center, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 3017, USA
J Leukoc Biol 84:748-59. 2008..We now address the contributions of IL-5, eotaxin-1, and CD4+ and CD8+ T cells to the induction of disease-enhancing immune responses...
- Nasal RANTES and eotaxin production pattern in response to rhinovirus infectionJens E Meyer
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
Rhinology 44:140-4. 2006Tissue eosinophilia is a hallmark of nasal polyposis and its pathogenesis is an area of high interest. RANTES and eotaxin are both known to recruit eosinophils, however, the mechanisms triggering their induction are still uncertain, and ..
- Bovine eotaxin (CCL11)--an unusual member of the eotaxin group--attracts eosinophils in vitro but is not responsible for eosinophilia in the ovaryB Vogel
Department of Conservative Dentistry and Periodontology, University of Leipzig, Nürnberger Street 57, Leipzig D 04103, Germany
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 107:67-77. 2005..Currently, we only have a limited understanding of the mechanism for the recruitment of the ovarian eosinophils. Eotaxin (CCL11) may be one of the chemoattractants involved in stimulating eosinophils to migrate selectively into ovary...
- Evaluation of eotaxin-1, -2, and -3 protein production and messenger RNA expression in patients with vernal keratoconjunctivitisJun Shoji
Department of Ophthalmology, Division of Visual Sciences, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 53:92-9. 2009To evaluate the in vivo expression of members of the eotaxin subfamily, eotaxin-1, -2, and -3, at the ocular surface, we analyzed the messenger RNA (mRNA) expression of the eotaxin subfamily in conjunctival epithelium and the protein ..
- Regulation of carcinogenesis by IL-5 and CCL11: a potential role for eosinophils in tumor immune surveillanceLjubov Simson
Division of Immunology and Genetics, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Mills Road Acton, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
J Immunol 178:4222-9. 2007..fibrosarcomas in IL-5 transgenic mice that have greatly enhanced levels of circulating eosinophils, CCL11 (eotaxin-1)-deficient mice that lack a key chemokine that recruits eosinophils into tissues, and the eosinophil-deficient ..
- Nasal mucosal immunoexpression of the mast cell chemoattractants TGF-beta, eotaxin, and stem cell factor and their receptors in allergic rhinitisRami J Salib
Department of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology, Division of Asthma, Allergy and Inflammation, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, United Kingdom
J Allergy Clin Immunol 114:799-806. 2004..Allergic rhinitis is characterized by the epithelial accumulation of cells, particularly mast cells and eosinophils. There is little information relating to the chemotaxins responsible for mast cell epithelial accumulation in this disease...
- Tear and mucus eotaxin-1 and eotaxin-2 in allergic keratoconjunctivitisAndrea Leonardi
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Padua, via Foscari 8, 35127 Padua, Italy
Ophthalmology 110:487-92. 2003b>Eotaxin-1 and eotaxin-2 are potent eosinophil chemotactic and activating peptides that may be implicated in the pathogenesis of the chronic allergic eye diseases vernal keratoconjunctivitis (VKC) and atopic keratoconjunctivitis (AKC)...
- Selective induction of eotaxin release by interleukin-13 or interleukin-4 in human airway smooth muscle cells is synergistic with interleukin-1beta and is mediated by the interleukin-4 receptor alpha-chainStuart J Hirst
Department of Respiratory Medicine and Allergy, The Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Medicine, King s College London, Guy s Hospital Campus, London, United Kingdom
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 165:1161-71. 2002..IL-13 and IL-4 induced selective release of eotaxin with no effect on granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor, regulated upon activation, normal T-cell ..
- Stem cell factor-induced leukotriene B4 production cooperates with eotaxin to mediate the recruitment of eosinophils during allergic pleurisy in miceA Klein
Immunopharmacology, Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, Instituto Ciências Biológicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
J Immunol 167:524-31. 2001..The intrapleural administration of the eosinophil-active chemokines eotaxin, RANTES, and macrophage-inflammatory protein 1alpha (MIP-1alpha) induced a time- and dose-dependent eosinophil ..
- Echinococcus multilocularis metacestode metabolites contain a cysteine protease that digests eotaxin, a CC pro-inflammatory chemokineN Mejri
Institute of Parasitology, University of Berne, 3012 Bern, Switzerland
Parasitol Res 105:1253-60. 2009In many helminthic infections, eotaxin, a CC-chemokine, triggers the mobilization of eosinophils, thus, contributing to an elevated blood and periparasitic eosinophil level...
- Eotaxin-1-regulated eosinophils have a critical role in innate immunity against experimental Brugia malayi infectionJonathan E Simons
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Eur J Immunol 35:189-97. 2005..contained in distinct anatomical compartments, in blood or tissue sites, we have demonstrated a critical role for eotaxin-1 in parasite clearance. In the first model, implantation of adult B...
- Short hairpin RNAs against eotaxin or interleukin-5 decrease airway eosinophilia and hyper-responsiveness in a murine model of asthmaHsin Ying Huang
Graduate Institute of Immunology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Gene Med 11:112-8. 2009Eosinophilia plays the major role in the pathogenesis of asthma and correlates with the up-regulation of eotaxin, which, together with interleukin (IL)-5, is important for differentiation, chemo-attraction, degranulation, and survival of ..
- TLR3-mediated synthesis and release of eotaxin-1/CCL11 from human bronchial smooth muscle cells stimulated with double-stranded RNAKyoko Niimi
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Department of Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Immunol 178:489-95. 2007..Synthetic dsRNA, polyinosinic-cystidic acid (poly(I:C)), induced the synthesis of eosinophilic chemokines, eotaxin-1/CCL11 and RANTES/CCL5, from primary cultures of human BSMC, and IL-4 increased synergistically the synthesis of ..
- IL-4 and TNF-alpha increased the secretion of eotaxin from cultured fibroblasts of nasal polyps with eosinophil infiltrationKousuke Yoshifuku
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Kagoshima University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima, Japan
Rhinology 45:235-41. 2007..eosinophil-rich nasal polyps (Enp) and those with non-eosinophilic nasal polyps (NEnp) and the secreted levels of eotaxin, regulated upon activation normal T expressed and presumably secreted (RANTES), and vascular cell adhesion ..
- Effect and mechanism of lipopolysaccharide on allergen-induced interleukin-5 and eotaxins production by whole blood cultures of atopic asthmaticsJ W Min
Genome Research Center for Allergy and Respiratory Diseases, Division of Allergy and Respiratory Medicine, Soonchunhyang University Bucheon Hospital, Korea
Clin Exp Immunol 147:440-8. 2007Interleukin (IL)-5 and eotaxin families regulate the development of eosinophilic inflammation of asthma in a co-operative manner...
- Mycophenolate mofetil and triptolide alleviating airway inflammation in asthmatic model mice partly by inhibiting bone marrow eosinophilopoiesisHui Mao
Department of Respiratory Medicine, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu, PR China
Int Immunopharmacol 8:1039-48. 2008..Airway inflammation, and inflammatory mediators IL-5 and eotaxin in the peripheral blood and bone marrow were measured by histology and ELISA...
- Regulatory mechanisms of galectin-9 and eotaxin-3 synthesis in epidermal keratinocytes: possible involvement of galectin-9 in dermal eosinophilia of Th1-polarized skin inflammationK Igawa
Department of Dermatology, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Allergy 61:1385-91. 2006..To investigate regulation of localization of eosinophils in skin, we examined the regulatory mechanisms of expression of eosinophil-specific chemoattractants in dermal fibroblasts and epidermal keratinocytes...
- Chitin stimulates expression of acidic mammalian chitinase and eotaxin-3 by human sinonasal epithelial cells in vitroAshley Lalaker
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Rhinol Allergy 23:8-14. 2009..Although epithelial cells can also be induced by Th2 cytokines to express proeosinophilic mediators, no environmental agents have been identified that promote this effect...
- Eotaxin is required for the baseline level of tissue eosinophilsA N Matthews
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Allergy, and Clinical Immunology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:6273-8. 1998b>Eotaxin is an eosinophil-selective chemokine that is constitutively expressed in a variety of organs such as the intestine...
- The allergy-associated chemokine receptors CCR3 and CCR5 can be inactivated by the modified chemokine NNY-CCL11J Manns
IPF PharmaCeuticals GmbH, An Institut of Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Allergy 62:17-24. 2007....
- Mycobacterium bovis bacillus Calmette-Guérin (BCG) induces human CC- and CXC-chemokines in vitro and in vivoY Luo
Department of Urology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Clin Exp Immunol 147:370-8. 2007..protein (MCP)-1, macrophage inflammatory protein (MIP)-1alpha and eosinophil chemoattractant activity (eotaxin)] and CXC-interferon-inducible protein (IP)-10 chemokine production in response to BCG stimulation...
- Tyrosine sulfation influences the chemokine binding selectivity of peptides derived from chemokine receptor CCR3John Z Zhu
Interdisciplinary Program in Biochemistry, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana 47405, United States
Biochemistry 50:1524-34. 2011..responses of chemokine receptor CCR3 to different chemokines, we have studied the binding of three chemokines (eotaxin-1/CCL11, eotaxin-2/CCL24, and eotaxin-3/CCL26) to an N-terminal CCR3-derived peptide in each of its four possible ..
- The kinetics of allergen-induced eotaxin level in nasal lavage fluid: its key role in eosinophil recruitment in nasal mucosaN Terada
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Chiba University School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 164:575-9. 2001b>Eotaxin (CCL11) is a potent eosinophil chemoattractant belonging to the C-C chemokine...
- The role of platelet-derived growth factor receptor in eotaxin signaling of eosinophilsTetsuya Adachi
Department of Internal Medicine, Teikyo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 140:28-34. 2006..It has recently been suggested that hypereosinophilic syndrome results from the fusion tyrosine kinase FIP1L1-PDGFRA. Although it is possible that the PDGFR signal is involved in eosinophil function, the details are still unclear...
- Eotaxin is specifically cleaved by hookworm metalloproteases preventing its action in vitro and in vivoF J Culley
Leukocyte Biology Section, Biomedical Sciences Division, Imperial College School of Medicine, South Kensington, London, United Kingdom
J Immunol 165:6447-53. 2000b>Eotaxin is a potent eosinophil chemoattractant that acts selectively through CCR3, which is expressed on eosinophils, basophils, mast cells, and Th2-type T cells...
- Licorice flavonoids inhibit eotaxin-1 secretion by human fetal lung fibroblasts in vitroBolleddula Jayaprakasam
Departments of Pediatrics, Genetics and Genomics Science, and Pharmacology and Systems Therapeutics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York City, New York 10029, USA
J Agric Food Chem 57:820-5. 2009..Airway eosinophilic inflammation is a major feature of allergic asthma. Eotaxin-1 (eotaxin) is involved in the recruitment of eosinophils to sites of antigen-induced inflammation in asthmatic ..
- Enterocyte expression of the eotaxin and interleukin-5 transgenes induces compartmentalized dysregulation of eosinophil traffickingAnil Mishra
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Biol Chem 277:4406-12. 2002..expression by enterocytes, enterocyte transgenic mice that overexpressed the eosinophil-selective cytokines eotaxin and interleukin (IL)-5 were generated...
- Association of plasma eotaxin levels with the presence and extent of angiographic coronary artery diseaseEnzo Emanuele
Interdepartmental Center for Research in Molecular Medicine CIRMC, University of Pavia, Viale Taramelli 24, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Atherosclerosis 186:140-5. 2006b>Eotaxin (CCL11) is an eosinophil-specific chemoattractant which has been found to be highly expressed at sites of vascular pathology...
- Regulation of eotaxin-3/CC chemokine ligand 26 expression by T helper type 2 cytokines in human colonic myofibroblastsK Takahashi
Division of Mucosal Immunology, Graduate School, Shiga University of Medical Science, Otsu, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 173:323-31. 2013..In this study, we investigated eotaxin-3/CC chemokine ligand 26 (CCL26) expression in the inflamed mucosa of patients with inflammatory bowel disease (..
- Eotaxin protein levels and airway pathology in a mouse model for allergic asthmaJudith Scheerens
Department of Pharmacology and Pathophysiology, Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utrecht University, PO Box 80082, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands
Eur J Pharmacol 453:111-7. 2002b>Eotaxin is a chemokine implicated in eosinophil trafficking and may be involved in the development of airway hyperresponsiveness. The role of eotaxin in a mouse model for allergic asthma was investigated...
- Glycyrrhizin derivative inhibits eotaxin 1 production via STAT6 in human lung fibroblastsSachiko Matsui
International Department, Minophagen Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Japan
Int Immunopharmacol 6:369-75. 2006We recently demonstrated that glycyrrhizin (GL) and its derivatives down-regulate TNFalpha- and IL-4-induced eotaxin 1 production by the human fetal lung fibroblast line HFL-1 at protein or mRNA levels...
- IL-13 and IL-4 cause eotaxin release in human airway smooth muscle cells: a role for ERKPaul E Moore
Physiology Program, Harvard School of Public Health, 665 Huntington Ave, Bldg 1 Rm 311, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 282:L847-53. 2002..The purpose of this study was to determine whether IL-13 and/or IL-4 influence eotaxin release in HASM cells and whether the ERK mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase pathway is involved in these ..
- Caffeic acid phenethyl ester suppresses eotaxin secretion and nuclear p-STAT6 in human lung fibroblast cellsYu Ting Lin
Division of Immunology, Rheumatology and Allergy, Department of Pediatrics, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
J Microbiol Immunol Infect 44:435-41. 2011..We have investigated the activity of CAPE in regulating cytokine-induced eotaxin production and its related signal protein, signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 (STAT6), in human ..
- Suppressive effects of tranilast on eotaxin-1 production from cultured conjunctival fibroblastsRichard Yudi Hida
Department of Ophthalmology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Curr Eye Res 33:19-22. 2008b>Eotaxin, a CC-chemokine with selective chemotactic effects for eosinophils, has been reported to play an important role in allergic conjunctival diseases...
- Regulatory mechanisms of Th2 cytokine-induced eotaxin-3 production in bronchial epithelial cells: possible role of interleukin 4 receptor and nuclear factor-kappaBIkuko Kobayashi
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Saga University, Saga, Japan
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 93:390-7. 2004Several cytokine combinations have been shown to induce eotaxins in bronchial epithelium. The mechanism for differential regulation of eotaxin expression remains unclear.
- [Expression and significance of Eotaxin and Eotaxin-2 in nasal polyposis and nasal polyp tissue]Yuqin Deng
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan, 430060, China
Lin Chung Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 21:75-8. 2007To study the expression of Eotaxin and Eotaxin-2 in nasal polyposis and nasal polyp and explore the different mechanism between polyposis and polyp.
- Differential regulation of chemokine expression by Th1 and Th2 cytokines and mechanisms of eotaxin/CCL-11 expression in human airway smooth muscle cellsMiho Odaka
First Department of Internal Medicine, Showa University School of Medicine, Shinagawa, Tokyo, Japan
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 143:84-8. 2007..We focused our study on the regulation of chemokine expression by cytokines and analyzed the mechanisms of eotaxin/CCL-11 expression in ASM cells.
- Up-regulated eotaxin plasma levels in chronic liver disease patients indicate hepatic inflammation, advanced fibrosis and adverse clinical courseFrank Tacke
Medical Clinic III, University Hospital Aachen, Aachen, Germany
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:1256-64. 2007..The CC chemokine ligand 11, eotaxin (CCL11), is up-regulated in senescent human hepatic stellate cells and crucial in animal models of T-cell ..
- Alanine scanning mutagenesis of the chemokine receptor CCR3 reveals distinct extracellular residues involved in recognition of the eotaxin family of chemokinesCécile E Duchesnes
Leukocyte Biology and Section, Biomedical Sciences Division, Faculty of Medicine, Sir Alexander Fleming Building, Imperial College London, South Kensington Campus, London, SW7 2AZ, UK
Mol Immunol 43:1221-31. 2006Despite considerable differences in primary structure, the chemokines eotaxin-1/CCL11, eotaxin-2/CCL24 and eotaxin-3/CCL26 signal via a single receptor, CCR3, but exhibit different potencies and efficacies...
- Identification of a cooperative mechanism involving interleukin-13 and eotaxin-2 in experimental allergic lung inflammationSamuel M Pope
Division of Allergy and Immunology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Biol Chem 280:13952-61. 2005..a hallmark pathologic feature of allergic lung disease, is regulated by interleukin-13 (IL-13) as well as the eotaxin chemokines, but the specific role of these cytokines and their cooperative interaction are only partially ..
- Cerebrospinal fluid eotaxin and eotaxin-2 levels in human eosinophilic meningitis associated with angiostrongyliasisPewpan M Intapan
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen 40002, Thailand
Cytokine 39:138-41. 2007..We measured the CSF concentrations of eotaxin and eotaxin-2 of 30 patients and 10 controls...
- Eotaxin-3 and interleukin-5 pleural fluid levels are associated with pleural fluid eosinophilia in post-coronary artery bypass grafting pleural effusionsIoannis Kalomenidis
Department of Critical Care and Pulmonary Services, Athens Medical School, Evangelismos Hospital, 45 47 Ipsilandou Str, 10675 Athens, Greece
Chest 127:2094-100. 2005..the association between pleural fluid (PF) eosinophilia, and the PF and serum levels of interleukin (IL)-5, eotaxin-2, eotaxin-3, and vascular cell adhesion molecule (VCAM)-1 in patients with post-coronary artery bypass grafting (..
- Tacrolimus decreases the expression of eotaxin, CCR3, RANTES and interleukin-5 in atopic dermatitisC W Park
Department of Dermatology, Kang Nam Sacred Heart Hospital, College of Medicine, Hallym University, Youngdeungpo gu, Seoul 150 950, Korea
Br J Dermatol 152:1173-81. 2005There is a lack of studies on the effect of tacrolimus on eosinophils and related molecules including eotaxin, CCR3, RANTES and interleukin (IL)-5.
- [Role of eotaxin in the pathophysiology of asthma]Magdalena Paplińska
Klinika Chorób Wewnetrznych, Pneumonologii i Alergologii Akademii Medycznej we Warszawie
Pneumonol Alergol Pol 75:180-5. 2007..differentiation and eosinophilic inflammation, but results of recent studies suggest that besides IL-5, eotaxin may contribute to the pathogenesis of asthma...
- Differentiation of patients with leprosy from non-infected individuals by the chemokine eotaxin/CCL11Vanessa A Mendonça
Laboratorio de Imunofarmacologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, e Departamento de Clínica Médica, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Am J Trop Med Hyg 77:547-50. 2007..95 +/- 0.03 (P < 0.0001). In a group of selected individuals, CCL11 was useful in diagnosis of leprosy, thereby suggesting that measurement of this chemokine may be useful as an aid in diagnosing leprosis...
- A high serum level of eotaxin (CCL 11) is associated with less radiographic progression in early rheumatoid arthritis patientsSilje W Syversen
Department of Rheumatology, Diakonhjemmet Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Arthritis Res Ther 10:R28. 2008..Prognosis in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is difficult to assess. The aim of this study was to examine whether serum levels of a spectrum of cytokines were predictive of radiographic progression in early RA patients...
- Effect of exercise training on plasma visfatin and eotaxin levelsK M Choi
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul 152 050, South Korea
Eur J Endocrinol 157:437-42. 2007Visfatin, a novel adipokine, was revealed to be associated with obesity and to have insulin-mimetic effect. Eotaxin, which is an important chemokine in asthma, was recently reported to be associated with obesity in mice and humans...
- IL-9-mediated induction of eotaxin1/CCL11 in human airway smooth muscle cellsAbdelilah Soussi Gounni
Department of Immunology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
J Immunol 173:2771-9. 2004..Taken together, these data provide new evidence demonstrating that IL-9-dependent activation of ASM cells contributes to eosinophilic inflammation observed in asthma...
- Control of eotaxin-1 expression and release by resveratrol and its metabolites in culture human pulmonary artery endothelial cellsChing Jen Yang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, New York Medical College Valhalla, New York 10595, USA
Am J Cardiovasc Dis 1:16-30. 2011..of inflammation by resveratrol and its metabolites by determining the expression and release of chemokine, eotaxin-1, in cultured human pulmonary artery endothelial cells (HPAEC) treated with proinflammatory cytokines IL-13 and ..
- Tryptase-chymase double-positive human mast cells express the eotaxin receptor CCR3 and are attracted by CCR3-binding chemokinesP Romagnani
Department of Physiopathology, Section of Clinical Immunology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Am J Pathol 155:1195-204. 1999Eosinophils, basophils, and Th2 cells express the chemokine receptor CCR3, which binds eotaxin, RANTES, and some other chemokines...
- Interleukin-13 and tumour necrosis factor-alpha synergistically induce eotaxin production in human nasal fibroblastsN Terada
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Chiba University School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
Clin Exp Allergy 30:348-55. 2000There is increasing evidence that eotaxin is a key mediator in the development of tissue eosinophilia. However, the mechanism involved in the production of eotaxin has yet to be clarified...
- Association between plasma levels of eotaxin (CCL-11) and treatment response to interferon-alpha and ribavirin in HIV/HCV co-infected patientsAna Vargas
Laboratory of Molecular Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases, National Centre of Microbiology, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Majadahonda, Madrid, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:303-6. 2010..To analyse the association between plasma chemokine levels at baseline and virological response to interferon-alpha (IFN-alpha) + ribavirin in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)/hepatitis C virus (HCV) co-infected patients...
- Interleukin-5-mediated allergic airway inflammation inhibits the human surfactant protein C promoter in transgenic miceA Mishra
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Biol Chem 276:8453-9. 2001..The hSP-C 3.7-kilobase pair promoter was used to direct the expression of eotaxin, an eosinophil-selective chemokine, into the lungs of several transgenic lines...
- Eotaxin in serum of patients with asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: relationship with eosinophil cationic protein and lung functionK Jahnz-Ró yk
Department of Internal Medicine, Central Clinical Hospital, Military School of Medicine, Warsaw, Poland
Mediators Inflamm 9:175-9. 2000This study was undertaken to investigate the correlation between the serum ECP and the serum eotaxin level, and disease activity as evaluated with pulmonary function in patients with asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- [The role of chemokines in nasal polyps]M Caversaccio
Universitätsklinik für HNO, Hals und Kopfchirurgie, Inselspital Bern
Schweiz Med Wochenschr . 2000..The selective recruitment of eosinophils to inflammatory sites is mediated by CC chemokines such as Eotaxin and Eotaxin-2. In the present study histology, immunohistochemistry and ELISA were performed...
- Regulation of TNF-alpha-induced eotaxin release from cultured human airway smooth muscle cells by beta2-agonists and corticosteroidsL Pang
Division of Respiratory Medicine, City Hospital, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK
FASEB J 15:261-269. 2001b>Eotaxin is a potent eosinophil chemoattractant that contributes to the eosinophilia seen in asthma and other allergic disorders...
- Increased serum levels of eotaxin in patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseW Chen
Wakefield Gastroenterology Research Institute, Wakefield Hospital, Wellington South, New Zealand
Scand J Gastroenterol 36:515-20. 2001The CC-chemokines eotaxin and eotaxin-2, produced by epithelial and phagocytic cells, are potent and selective chemoattractants for eosinophils and basophils...
- Protective effect of eotaxin-2 inhibition in adjuvant-induced arthritisJ N Ablin
Sourasky Medical Center, Rheumatology Institute, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Clin Exp Immunol 161:276-83. 2010b>Eotaxin-2 is a potent chemoattractant for eosinophils, basophils and T helper type 2 (Th2) lymphocytes. The eotaxin-2/CCL24 receptor CCR3 is expressed in human brain, skin, endothelium and macrophages...
- Induction of eotaxin expression and release from human airway smooth muscle cells by IL-1beta and TNFalpha: effects of IL-10 and corticosteroidsK F Chung
Thoracic Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, London
Br J Pharmacol 127:1145-50. 1999b>Eotaxin is a novel C-C chemokine with selective chemoattractant activity for eosinophils...
- Effect of phoshpodiesterase 4 (PDE4) inhibibtors on eotaxin expression in humen bronchial epithelial cellsM Paplinska
Department of Internal Diseases, Pneumonology and Allergology Medical University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 62:303-11. 2011..Eotaxins (eotaxin-1/CCL11, eotaxin-2/CCL24, eotaxin-3/CCL26) are the strongest chemotactic agents for eosinophils...
- IκBα glutathionylation and reduced histone H3 phosphorylation inhibit eotaxin and RANTESP Seidel
Respiratory Research Group, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Eur Respir J 38:1444-52. 2011Airway smooth muscle cells (ASMCs) secrete eotaxin and RANTES (regulated on activation, normal T-cell expressed and secreted) in response to tumour necrosis factor (TNF)-α, which is inhibited by the nuclear factor (NF)-κB inhibitor ..
- Eotaxin-2, a novel CC chemokine that is selective for the chemokine receptor CCR3, and acts like eotaxin on human eosinophil and basophil leukocytesU Forssmann
Theodor Kocher Institute, University of Bern, CH 3000 Bern, Switzerland
J Exp Med 185:2171-6. 1997..The new chemokine was termed eotaxin-2 because it is functionally very similar to eotaxin...
- Delayed production of biologically active O-glycosylated forms of human eotaxin by tumor-necrosis-factor-alpha-stimulated dermal fibroblastsN Noso
Department of Dermatology, University of Kiel, Germany
Eur J Biochem 253:114-22. 1998..Peptide mapping with subsequent amino acid sequence analyses revealed it to be human eotaxin. Natural eotaxin preparations contain 50% N-terminally truncated forms missing two or three amino acids...
- Solution structure of eotaxin, a chemokine that selectively recruits eosinophils in allergic inflammationM P Crump
Protein Engineering Network of Centres of Excellence PENCE and Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2S2
J Biol Chem 273:22471-9. 1998The solution structure of the CCR3-specific chemokine, eotaxin, has been determined by NMR spectroscopy...
- Differential regulation of eosinophil chemokine signaling via CCR3 and non-CCR3 pathwaysI Sabroe
Leukocyte Biology Section, Biomedical Sciences Division, Imperial College School of Medicine, South Kensington, London, United Kingdom
J Immunol 162:2946-55. 1999..We examined the actions of the chemokines eotaxin, eotaxin-2, monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1), MCP-3, MCP-4, RANTES, macrophage inflammatory protein-..
- Eosinophil, Chemokine and IL-13 Cooperativity in AsthmaMARC ROTHENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2007..In particular, Th2 cell derived IL-13 promotes eotaxin production, which subsequently provides a critical signal for eosinophils to amplify IL-13 production (from ..
- MECHANISMS OF PULMONARY FIBROSISSem Phan; Fiscal Year: 2007..of eosinophils is found to be dependent on interleukin-5 (IL-5) and several CC type chemokines, especially eotaxin. Human pulmonary fibrosis and fibrosis of the airway walls in asthma are associated with significant influx of ..
- REGULATION OF CC CHEMOKINES IN HUMAN AIRWAY EPITHELIUMCristiana Stellato; Fiscal Year: 2004..demonstrated that airway epithelial cells are an important source of three major eosinophil-active chemokines, eotaxin, MCP-4, and RANTES, that glucocorticoids (GCs) inhibit production of these chemokines, and that both production ..
- Mouse Models of Eosinophil-Associated Lung DysfunctionNancy A Lee; Fiscal Year: 2010..an allergen- naive double transgenic mouse (I5/hE2) that expresses IL-5 systemically from mature T cells and eotaxin-2 locally from lung epithelial cells...
- Mouse Models of Eosinophil-Associated Lung DysfunctionNancy A Lee; Fiscal Year: 2011..an allergen- naive double transgenic mouse (I5/hE2) that expresses IL-5 systemically from mature T cells and eotaxin-2 locally from lung epithelial cells...
- Mouse Models of Eosinophil-Associated Lung DysfunctionNancy Lee; Fiscal Year: 2009..an allergen- naive double transgenic mouse (I5/hE2) that expresses IL-5 systemically from mature T cells and eotaxin-2 locally from lung epithelial cells...
- MECHANISMS OF CHEMOKINE EXPRESSION IN ASTHMACraig Lilly; Fiscal Year: 2003..b>Eotaxin is one substance that selectively activates these cell types...
- Mechanisms of Virus-Induced Hyperreactivity in AtopicsDavid B Jacoby; Fiscal Year: 2010..SPECIFIC AIM #2: To determine the regulation of eotaxin as well as other CCR3 ligands), ICAM-1, and VCAM expression in primary cultures of human and guinea pig airway ..
- Mechanism of Virus-Induced Hyperreactivity in AtopicsDavid Jacoby; Fiscal Year: 2007..SPECIFIC AIM #2: To determine the regulation of eotaxin as well as other CCR3 ligands), ICAM-1, and VCAM expression in primary cultures of human and guinea pig airway ..
- SEROTONIN (5-HT) AND 5-HT2A IN ALLERGIC INFLAMMATIONP Sriramarao; Fiscal Year: 2007..5-HT both independently and additively with eotaxin induces eosinophil chemotaxis in vitro and in vivo...
- REGULATION OF GASTROINTESTINAL EOSINOPHILSMARC ROTHENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2002..reside in the gastrointestinal tract and that their homing into this organ is regulated by locally generated eotaxin, a CC chemokine with eosinophil selective activity, that works cooperatively with interleukin (IL)-5...
- Ozone inhibition of Neuronal m2 receptor functionALLISON FRYER; Fiscal Year: 2007..To address this hypothesis we will 1) determine in isolated parasympathetic nerves what mechanisms (eotaxin, ICAM , VCAM) mediate eosinophil recruitment to airway-nerves and how TNF( and IL-1(, cytokines increased by ..
- Regulation of Gastrointestinal EosinophilisMARC ROTHENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2007..Several fundamental principles have emerged including the finding that eotaxin-1 provides an essential signal for regulating the baseline and allergen-induced homing of development of ..
- IL-13 and Eosinophilic EsophagitisMARC ROTHENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2007..expression profile analysis, we recently discovered that the eosinophil chemoattractant and activating factor eotaxin-3 was the single most dysregulated gene in the esophagus of EE patients...
- IL-13 and Eosinophilic EsophagitisMarc E Rothenberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..expression profile analysis, we recently discovered that the eosinophil chemoattractant and activating factor eotaxin-3 was the single most dysregulated gene in the esophagus of EE patients...
- The Role of Mast Cells in Lung InflammationJoshua Boyce; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, co-stimulation of hMC with both IgE receptor cross-linkage and the recombinant CCR3 ligand eotaxin-1 selectively amplifies the generation of IL-13 and induces IL-4 production de novo...
- Eosinophil Peroxidase in Allergic InflammationArne Slungaard; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our second specific aim is to test the hypothesis that in a novel murine IL- 5/Eotaxin-2 (I5/E2) transgenic model of asthma, 1) crossbreeding with EPO-/- mice, 2) pharmacologic inhibition of EPO ..
- Eosinophil Peroxidase in Allergic InflammationArne Slungaard; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our second specific aim is to test the hypothesis that in a novel murine IL- 5/Eotaxin-2 (I5/E2) transgenic model of asthma, 1) crossbreeding with EPO-/- mice, 2) pharmacologic inhibition of EPO ..
- Opioid Binding to U51: A Human herpes Virus ProteinJean Bidlack; Fiscal Year: 2002..HHV-6 U51 is a chemokine receptor, which binds the chemokine RANTES, and other beta chemokines, such as eotaxin, monocyte chemoattractant protein 1, 3, and 4...
- VIRAL EXACERBATIONS OF ASTHMAScherer Sanders; Fiscal Year: 2002..will test the hypothesis that virus induced production of the eosinophil chemotactic and activating cytokines, eotaxin, RANTES, and granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) from infected epithelial cells plays a ..
- EOSINOPHILS IN ONCHOCERCA VOLVULUS-MEDIATED KERATITISEric Pearlman; Fiscal Year: 2000..volvulus mediated keratitis. Aim 1 will test the prediction that IL-5 and eotaxin are required for recruitment of eosinophils into the corneal stroma during O...
- Roles of CC chemokine activity in mast cell responses and ocular allergySANTA ONO; Fiscal Year: 2009..reactions - and that might be suitable targets for treatments of ocular allergy - include the chemokines eotaxin-1 and MIP-11, their respective receptors CCR3 and CCR1, and molecules regulated by these signals...