Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ENAH
Description: enabled homolog (Drosophila)
Alias: ENA, MENA, NDPP1, mammalian enabled, protein enabled homolog
Publications155 found, 100 shown here
- Exportin 6: a novel nuclear export receptor that is specific for profilin.actin complexesTheis Stüven
ZMBH, INF 282, D 69120 Heidelberg and Universität Lübeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, D 23538 Lubeck, Germany
EMBO J 22:5928-40. 2003..In contrast to a previous report, we found no indications of a major and direct role for CRM1 in actin export from mammalian or insect nuclei...
- A novel proline-rich motif present in ActA of Listeria monocytogenes and cytoskeletal proteins is the ligand for the EVH1 domain, a protein module present in the Ena/VASP familyK Niebuhr
Abteilung Zellbiologie und Immunologie AG Molekulare Erkennung, Mascheroder Weg 1, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany
EMBO J 16:5433-44. 1997..Two profilin binding proteins, VASP and Mena, are the only cellular proteins known so far to bind directly to ActA...
- Aberrant expression of human ortholog of mammalian enabled (hMena) in human colorectal carcinomas: implications for its role in tumor progressionAkihiro Toyoda
Department of Molecular and Tumor Pathology, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Int J Oncol 34:53-60. 2009The human ortholog of mammalian enabled (hMena), a family of enabled/vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein (Ena/VASP), is an actin regulatory protein involved in the regulation of cell motility...
- NESH (Abi-3) is present in the Abi/WAVE complex but does not promote c-Abl-mediated phosphorylationNoriko Hirao
School of Life Sciences, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Sciences, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0392, Japan
FEBS Lett 580:6464-70. 2006..Previous studies showed that Abi-1 promotes c-Abl-mediated phosphorylation of Mammalian Enabled (Mena) and WAVE2. In addition to Abi-1, mammals possess Abi-2 and NESH (Abi-3)...
- The immunohistochemical aspects of protein Mena in cervical lesionsSimona Gurzu
Department of Pathology, University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Targu Mures, Romania
Rom J Morphol Embryol 50:213-6. 2009..In this study, we analyzed the immunohistochemical expression of Mammalian Ena (Mena), which is a member of this family, in the cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) and also in the cervical ..
- WAVE2, N-WASP, and Mena facilitate cell invasion via phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-dependent local accumulation of actin filamentsKazuhide Takahashi
Molecular Cell Biology Division, Kanagawa Cancer Center Research Institute, Yokohama 241 0815, Japan
J Cell Biochem 112:3421-9. 2011..After PDGF stimulation, WAVE2, N-WASP, and a mammalian Ena (Mena) colocalized with F-actin at the sites of cell infiltration in a phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)-dependent ..
- Cdc42 induces filopodia by promoting the formation of an IRSp53:Mena complexS Krugmann
MRC Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology and Cell Biology Unit, CRC Oncogene and Signal Transduction Group, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
Curr Biol 11:1645-55. 2001..Cdc42 controls the formation of actin bundle-containing filopodia at the cellular periphery. The molecular mechanism for this remains as yet unclear...
- Complex formation between the postsynaptic scaffolding protein gephyrin, profilin, and Mena: a possible link to the microfilament systemTorsten Giesemann
Cell Biology, Zoological Institute, Technical University of Braunschweig, D 38092 Braunschweig, Germany
J Neurosci 23:8330-9. 2003..of microfilament dynamics, profilin I and neuronal profilin IIa, and with microfilament adaptors of the mammalian enabled (Mena)/vasodilator stimulated phosphoprotein (VASP) family, including neuronal Mena...
- Human Mena+11a isoform serves as a marker of epithelial phenotype and sensitivity to epidermal growth factor receptor inhibition in human pancreatic cancer cell linesMaria S Pino
Division of Medical Oncology, Regina Elena National Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 14:4943-50. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine whether or not the expression of hMena isoforms correlated with sensitivity to EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitors and could serve as markers with potential clinical use...
- Identification of invasion specific splice variants of the cytoskeletal protein Mena present in mammary tumor cells during invasion in vivoSumanta Goswami
Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 26:153-9. 2009..One of the genes upregulated in the invasive tumor cells is Mena, an actin binding protein involved in the regulation of cell motility...
- The cytoskeleton regulatory protein hMena (ENAH) is overexpressed in human benign breast lesions with high risk of transformation and human epidermal growth factor receptor-2-positive/hormonal receptor-negative tumorsFrancesca Di Modugno
Laboratory of Experimental Chemotherapy, Department of Pathology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 12:1470-8. 2006hMena (ENAH), a cytoskeleton regulatory protein involved in the regulation of cell motility and adhesion, is overexpressed in breast cancer...
- A Mena invasion isoform potentiates EGF-induced carcinoma cell invasion and metastasisUlrike Philippar
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Koch Institute, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Dev Cell 15:813-28. 2008..b>Mena, an Ena/VASP protein, is upregulated in the invasive subpopulation of breast cancer cells...
- Abl interactor 1 promotes tyrosine 296 phosphorylation of mammalian enabled (Mena) by c-Abl kinaseKatsuko Tani
School of Life Science, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Science, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0392, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:21685-92. 2003b>Mammalian Enabled (Mena) is a mammalian homologue of Drosophila Enabled (Ena), which genetically interacts with Drosophila Abl tyrosine kinase. The signaling pathway involving c-Abl and Mena (Ena) is not fully understood...
- Tes, a specific Mena interacting partner, breaks the rules for EVH1 bindingBatiste Boëda
Cell Motility Laboratory, Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London, WC2A 3PX, UK
Mol Cell 28:1071-82. 2007..Here we show that the LIM3 domain of Tes, which lacks the FPPPP motif, binds to the EVH1 domain of Mena, but not to those of VASP or Evl...
- Human Mena protein, a serex-defined antigen overexpressed in breast cancer eliciting both humoral and CD8+ T-cell immune responseFrancesca Di Modugno
Laboratory of Experimental Chemotherapy, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Int J Cancer 109:909-18. 2004..to 3 different genes, including a novel gene that maps to chromosome 1 and encodes the human homologue of mouse Mena (hMena, cDNA clone RMNY-BR-55), a protein of the Ena/VASP family involved in the regulation of cell motility and ..
- [Antiphospholipid syndrome and antiphospholipid antibodies as a risk factors of ischaemic heart disease and myocardial infarction in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus]Lidia Ostanek
Klinika Reumatologii PAM w Szczecinie
Pol Arch Med Wewn 115:407-13. 2006..essays were performed, testing for antinuclear antibodies (ANA), extractable nuclear antigen antibodies (ENA), antiphospholipid antibodies (anticardiolipin antibodies--aCL, lupus anticoagulant--LA, antiprothrombine ..
- Release of nitric oxide from glyceryl trinitrate by captopril but not enalaprilat: in vitro and in vivo studiesD Salvemini
William Harvey Research Institute, St Bartholomews Hospital Medical College, London
Br J Pharmacol 109:430-6. 1993..unrelated SH-containing, N-acetylcysteine (NAC, 10 mg kg-1) but not the non-SH-containing ACE-I, enalaprilat (ENA, 5 mg kg-1) were given together with IS-5-MN for the seven days treatment. 2...
- Modulation of pyrene fluorescence in DNA probes depends upon the nature of the conformationally restricted nucleotideDmytro Honcharenko
Department of Bioorganic Chemistry, Box 581, Biomedical Center, Uppsala University, SE 75123 Uppsala, Sweden
J Org Chem 73:2829-42. 2008..locked nucleosides [2'-N-(pyren-1-yl)carbonyl-azetidine thymidine, Aze-pyr (X), and 2'-N-(pyren-1-yl)carbonyl-aza-ENA thymidine, Aza-ENA-pyr (Y)], show that they can bind to complementary RNA more strongly than to the DNA...
- Regional differences in rates of plant speciation and molecular evolution: a comparison between eastern Asia and eastern North AmericaQiu Yun Jenny Xiang
Department of Botany, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina 27695 7612, USA
Evolution 58:2175-84. 2004The eastern Asian (EAS)-eastern North American (ENA) floristic disjunction is one of the best-known biogeographic patterns in the Northern Hemisphere...
- Prognostic value of auto-antibodies in the serum of Omani patients with gastric cancerAhmed Al-Shukaili
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Medicine and Health Sciences, Sultan Qaboos University, PO Box 35, PC 123, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
Saudi Med J 27:1873-7. 2006..To investigate the prevalence of a group of different autoantibodies, in Omani patients with gastric cancer, and to examine whether their presence correlates with clinical course of the disease...
- Circulating granulocyte colony-stimulating factor, C-X-C, and C-C chemokines in children with Escherichia coli O157:H7 associated hemolytic uremic syndromeFrancois Proulx
Department of Pediatrics, Sainte Justine Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Pediatr Res 52:928-34. 2002..colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF), and the chemokines epithelial cell-derived neutrophil-activating protein-78 (ENA-78), growth related oncogen-alpha (GRO-alpha), macrophage inflammatory protein-1beta (MIP-1beta), and monocyte ..
- Antibodies to SS-A/Ro-52kD and centromere in autoimmune liver disease: a clue to diagnosis and prognosis of primary biliary cirrhosisA Granito
Department of Internal Medicine, Cardioangiology, Hepatology, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, Policlinico Sant Orsola Malpighi, Bologna, Italy
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 26:831-8. 2007..Primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC) may be associated with various rheumatological disorders...
- Comparison of the RNase H cleavage kinetics and blood serum stability of the north-conformationally constrained and 2'-alkoxy modified oligonucleotidesDmytro Honcharenko
Department of Bioorganic Chemistry, Box 581, Biomedical Center, University of Uppsala, S 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
Biochemistry 46:5635-46. 2007..1',2'-methylene-bridged (azetidine-T and oxetane-T) nucleosides, North-constrained 2',4'-ethylene-bridged (aza-ENA-T) nucleoside, and 2'-alkoxy modified nucleosides (2'-O-Me-T and 2'-O-MOE-T modifications) have been evaluated and ..
- Absorption, metabolism, and disposition of [14C]SDZ ENA 713, an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, in minipigs following oral, intravenous, and dermal administrationF L Tse
Department of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, Preclinical Safety, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, East Hanover, New Jersey 07936, USA
Pharm Res 15:1614-20. 1998SDZ ENA 713 (rivastigmine) is an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor intended for therapeutic use in Alzheimer's disease...
- Thermodynamics of charge separation of photosystem I in the menA and menB null mutants of Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 determined by pulsed photoacousticsHarvey J M Hou
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, North Dartmouth, Massachusetts 02747, USA
Biochemistry 48:1829-37. 2009When the biosynthesis of phylloquinone is inhibited in Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 by interrupting the menA or the menB gene, photosystem I (PS I) recruits plastoquinone-9 (A(P)) to occupy the A(1) sites...
- [Medical treatment of Alzheimer's disease]S Lopez-Pousa
Unitat de Valoració de la Memòria i les Demències, Hospital Santa Caterina, Girona
Rev Neurol 26:1054-60. 1998..To review the drugs commercially available at present and in the near future in relation to the evolution of Alzheimer disease, bearing in mind the possible psychiatric disorders which may be associated with the disease...
- Relationship between neutrophil-binding affinity and suitability for infection imaging: comparison of (99m)Tc-labeled NAP-2 (CXCL-7) and 3 C-terminally truncated isoformsHuub J J M Rennen
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Medical Center Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 45:1217-23. 2004..The CXC chemokine interleukin-8 (IL-8) was used for comparison. In addition, a series of (99m)Tc-labeled CXC chemokines were screened for their potential to image infection, including CTAP-III, GCP-2, ENA-78, PF-4, and IP-10.
- Inhibition of human platelet aggregation by endothelium-derived relaxing factor, sodium nitroprusside or iloprost is potentiated by captopril and reduced thiolsV Mollace
William Harvey Research Institute, St Bartholomew s Hospital Medical College, London, United Kingdom
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 258:820-3. 1991..SQ 14,534, the nonsulfhydryl-containing angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors, teprotide (TPR) or enalaprilat (ENA) and other structurally unrelated sulfhydryl-containing compounds, N-2-mercaptopropionylglycine (MPG) or N-acetyl-L-..
- Nitrendipine and amlodipine mimic the acute effects of enalapril on renal haemodynamics and reduce glomerular hyperfiltration in patients with chronic kidney diseaseL F Morrone
Section of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine and Public Medicine, University of Bari, Polyclinic, Piazza G Cesare, Bari, Italy
J Hum Hypertens 17:487-93. 2003..In all, 32 patients (pts), divided into four groups, received the different drugs: ENA (enalapril, eight pts), NIF (nifedipine, eight pts), NIT (nitrendipine, eight pts) AML (amlodipine, eight pts)...
- Anti-extractable nuclear antigens (ENA) antibodies in patients with chronic hepatitis C before and after treatment with interferonKatsuhisa Omagari
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, 1 7 1 Sakamoto, Nagasaki 852 8501, Japan
Autoimmunity 36:269-73. 2003..However, the prevalence of antibodies to extractable nuclear antigens (anti-ENA) are rarely reported in such patients and the effect of treatment with interferon (IFN) on their prevalence is not ..
- A combination of Chinese herbs, Astragalus membranaceus var. mongholicus and Angelica sinensis, improved renal microvascular insufficiency in 5/6 nephrectomized ratsJinye Song
Renal Division, Department of Medicine, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, PR China
Vascul Pharmacol 50:185-93. 2009..N=43), A & A treated group (A & A group, N=40, A & A 12 g/kg/d po), enalapril treated group (Ena group, N=56, enalapril 4 mg/kg/d po)...
- [Definition and consequences of blocking the renin-angiotensin system by converting enzyme inhibition]P Sassano
, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 80:1043-7. 1987..In the first group (ENA), 23 patients were given higher dosages of enalapril (40 and, if necessary 60 mg once-a-day)...
- Different angiogenic activity in pulmonary sarcoidosis and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisKaterina M Antoniou
Department of Thoracic Medicine, University Hospital, Medical School, University of Crete, Heraklion 71110 Crete, Greece
Chest 130:982-8. 2006..levels of three angiogenic chemokines (growth-related gene [GRO]-alpha, epithelial neutrophil-activating protein [ENA]-78, and interleukin [IL]-8), and three angiostatic chemokines (monokine induced by interferon (IFN)-gamma [MIG], ..
- The effects of renin-angiotensin system inhibition on regression of encapsulating peritoneal sclerosisDevrim Bozkurt
Department of Nephrology, Ege University, Izmir, Turkey
Perit Dial Int 28:S38-42. 2008..86%) PD solution-induced peritoneal alterations. Because it shares the same characteristics as other fibrotic processes, peritoneal fibrosis can benefit from RAS blockade...
- Determination of ANA specificity using multiplexed fluorescent microsphere immunoassay in patients with ANA positivity at high titres after infliximab treatment: preliminary resultsPaola Caramaschi
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e Sperimentale, Universita di Verona, Verona, Italy
Rheumatol Int 27:649-54. 2007..identification of ANA specificity by multiplexed fluorescent microsphere immunoassay; moreover anti-DNA and anti-ENA antibodies were tested by indirect immunofluorescence and ELISA method, respectively...
- Autoimmune response following annual influenza vaccination in 92 apparently healthy adultsN Toplak
Department of Allergology, Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, University Children s Hospital, University Medical Centre Ljubljana, Slovenia
Autoimmun Rev 8:134-8. 2008..To evaluate the possibility of autoimmune responses following annual influenza vaccination in a large cohort of apparently healthy adults...
- Identification of a potent, selective non-peptide CXCR2 antagonist that inhibits interleukin-8-induced neutrophil migrationJ R White
Department of Molecular Immunology, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania 19406, USA
J Biol Chem 273:10095-8. 1998..oncogene (GRO)alpha, GRObeta, GROgamma, and epithelial cell-derived neutrophil-activating peptide-78 (ENA-78), are potent neutrophil chemotactic and activating peptides, which are proposed to be major mediators of ..
- Concentration of antibodies to extractable nuclear antigens and disease activity in systemic lupus erythematosusS Agarwal
Department of Rheumatology, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
Lupus 18:407-12. 2009..On the contrary, the relationship between disease activity in SLE and anti-extractable nuclear antigen (ENA) antibodies has not been well demonstrated...
- QX-314 inhibits ectopic nerve activity associated with neuropathic painI Omana-Zapata
Department of Analgesia, Roche Bioscience, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Brain Res 771:228-37. 1997..of Na+ channels in the membrane at nerve injury sites may contribute to the development of ectopic nerve activity (ENA)...
- The influence of luting systems on the microtensile bond strength of dentin to indirect resin-based composite and ceramic restorationsCamillo D'Arcangelo
Department of Operative Dentistry, Dental School, University of Chieti, Chieti, Italy
Oper Dent 34:328-36. 2009..to be used: two etch-and-rinse luting agents (XP bond/CoreXFlow; Dentsply [XP]) (Enabond/EnaCem HF; Micerium [ENA]), a self-etch luting system (ED Primer II A+B/Panavia F2...
- Epithelial cell-derived neutrophil-activating peptide-78 is present in fetal membranes and amniotic fluid at increased concentrations with intra-amniotic infection and preterm deliveryJ A Keelan
Liggins Institute and Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Auckland Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, Auckland, New Zealand
Biol Reprod 70:253-9. 2004Intra-amniotic secretion and abundance of epithelial cell-derived neutrophil-activating peptide (ENA)-78, a potent chemoattractant and activator of neutrophils, was studied in the context of term and preterm parturition...
- Inhibitory effect of orally administered donepezil hydrochloride (E2020), a novel treatment for Alzheimer's disease, on cholinesterase activity in ratsT Kosasa
Tsukuba Research Laboratories, Eisai, 5 1 3 Tokodai, Tsukuba, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 389:173-9. 2000..hydrochloride), (S)-N-ethyl-3-[(1-dimethyl-amino)ethyl]-N-methyl-phenylcarbamate hydrogentartrate (ENA-713, rivastigmine) and 3-[1-(phenylmethyl)-4-piperidinyl]-1-(2,3,4, 5-tetrahydro-1H-1-benzazepin-8-yl)-1-propanone ..
- Antinuclear antibody testing in pleural fluid for the diagnosis of lupus pleuritisJ M Porcel
Pleural Diseases Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Arnau de Vilanova University Hospital, IRBLLEIDA, Lleida, Spain
Lupus 16:25-7. 2007..whether measuring antinuclear antibodies (ANA) and their specificities [dsDNA, extractable nuclear antigens (ENA)] on pleural fluid may contribute to the differential diagnosis of pleural effusions...
- The primary role in biologic activity of the neutrophil chemokines IL-8 and GRO-alpha in cultured nasal epithelial cellsClaudia Rudack
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital, Munster, Germany
J Interferon Cytokine Res 23:113-23. 2003..interleukin8 (IL-8), growth-related oncogene-alpha (GRO-alpha), epithelial cell-derived neutrophil attractant-78 (ENA-78), and granulocyte chemotactic protein-2 (GCP-2) have been detected and characterized and shown to have different ..
- A multiprotein complex consisting of the cellular coactivator p300, AP-1/ATF, as well as NF-kappaB is responsible for the activation of the mouse major histocompatibility class I (H-2K(b)) enhancer AD Brockmann
Institute of Molecular Biology Cancer Research, University of Essen Medical School, Germany
Gene Expr 8:1-18. 1999..which is recognized by p65/relA in the human HLA system, and (iii) an AP-1/ATF recognition sequence in the 5' end (EnA-TRE)...
- Up-regulation of CXC chemokines and their receptors: implications for proinflammatory microenvironments of ovarian carcinomas and endometriosisMitsuko Furuya
Department of Molecular Pathology, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Hum Pathol 38:1676-87. 2007..In this study, the expression patterns of CXC chemokines (IL-8, ENA-78, GRO-alpha, I-TAC, Mig, and SDF-1) and their receptors (CXCR2, CXCR3, and CXCR4) were compared among 12 ovarian ..
- Repair phenotype in corneal fibroblasts is controlled by an interleukin-1 alpha autocrine feedback loopJ A West-Mays
Vision Research Laboratories, New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 38:1367-79. 1997..To explore the role of autocrine interleukin-1 alpha (IL-1 alpha) as a central regulator of the repair phenotype in corneal fibroblasts...
- Primary and booster mucosal immune responses to meningococcal group A and C conjugate and polysaccharide vaccines administered to university students in the United KingdomQ Zhang
Sheffield Institute for Vaccine Studies, Division of Child Health, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 69:4337-41. 2001..Saliva samples were collected before and 1 month after the primary and booster vaccinations. Anti-meningococcal A (MenA) and C (MenC) PS IgA and IgG antibody levels were measured by a standard enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay...
- Ena/VASP proteins mediate repulsion from ephrin ligandsIwan R Evans
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, University Walk, Bristol, BS8 1TD, UK
J Cell Sci 120:289-98. 2007..Moreover, when EphB4 and ephrin-B2 were expressed in neighbouring Swiss 3T3 fibroblasts, VASP and Mena co-accumulated with activated Eph receptors at protrusions formed by EphB4-expressing cells...
- Anguilla anguilla L. genotoxic and liver biotransformation responses to abietic acid exposureV L Maria
Department of Biology, Aveiro University, Aveiro 3810 193, Portugal
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 58:202-10. 2004..1, 0.3, 0.9, and 2.7 microM abietic acid (AA). Genotoxicity was measured as erythrocytic nuclear abnormalities (ENA), as well as DNA strand breaks in blood and liver...
- Enhanced ENA-78 and IL-8 expression in patients with malignant pancreatic diseasesVilma Oliveira Frick
Department of General, Visceral, Vascular and Paediatric Surgery, University of the Saarland, Homburg Saar, Germany
Pancreatology 8:488-97. 2008..In the present study we aimed at investigating the expression profile of pro-inflammatory and angiogenic CXC chemokines as potential factors contributing to the aggressive biology of this gastrointestinal malignancy...
- Bronchoalveolar lavage fluid cellular characteristics, functional parameters and cytokine and chemokine levels in interstitial lung diseasesM Vasakova
Department of Respiratory Diseases, 1st Medical School, Charles University, University Thomayer Hospital Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
Scand J Immunol 69:268-74. 2009..markers were characterized, and MCP-1, MIP-1alpha, MIP-1beta, RANTES, epithelial neutrophil-activating protein (ENA)-78, FGF, G-CSF, GM-CSF, IFN-gamma, interleukin (IL)-1alpha, IL-1RA, IL-1beta, -2beta, -4beta, -5beta, -6beta, -..
- [Prevalence of rheumatic manifestations and non-organ specific autoimmunity in patients with autoimmune thyreopathy]K Benhatchi
I interná klinika Lekárskej fakulty UPJS a FN L Pasteura Kosice, Slovenska republika
Vnitr Lek 56:106-10. 2010..Aim of this study was to find out the frequency of apperance of non-organ specific antibodies in serum in patients with AIT and prevalence of RM (arthralgia/arthitis)...
- Comparison of effect of ethanol and anticonvulsants on cardiovascular drug-modified cocaine toxicityT Hayase
Department of Legal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Yoshidakonoe cho, Sakyo ku, 606 8501, Kyoto, Japan
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 67:151-9. 2000..doses of the CV drugs nimodipine (NIMO), prazosin (PRA), phentolamine (PHEN), propranolol (PRO), and enalapril (ENA) were used with or without the AC drugs diazepam (DZP), phenobarbital (PHB), phenytoin (PHY), and EtOH...
- Naphthalene and beta-naphthoflavone effects on Anguilla anguilla L. hepatic metabolism and erythrocytic nuclear abnormalitiesM Pacheco
Department of Biology, University of Aveiro, Portugal
Environ Int 28:285-93. 2002..9 microM BNF. Genotoxicity measured as erythrocytic nuclear abnormalities (ENA) was detected in all BNF treated fish on day 6, whereas on day 9, ENA frequencies returned to control levels, ..
- Biotransformation, genotoxic, and histopathological effects of environmental contaminants in European eel (Anguilla anguilla L.)Mario Pacheco
Animal Physiology Ecotoxicology Sector, Biology Department, University of Aveiro, 3810 193, Aveiro, Portugal
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 53:331-47. 2002..Total EROD increases significantly only after 180 days of DHAA exposure. However, significant ENA induction was generally observed during exposure to all contaminants tested...
- Different strategies in the laboratory diagnosis of autoimmune disease: immunofluorescence, enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay or both?J M Rondeel
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Haematology, Drechtsteden Hospital, Dordrecht, The Netherlands
Ann Clin Biochem 36:189-95. 1999..utility of different strategies for antinuclear antibodies (ANA) and antibodies to extractable nuclear antigens (ENA) testing...
- Differential calcium signaling in dairy cows with specific CXCR1 genotypes potentially related to interleukin-8 receptor functionalityM Rambeaud
Department of Animal Science, The University of Tennessee, 114 McCord Hall, 2640 Morgan Circle, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Immunogenetics 59:53-8. 2007..inflammatory mediators, which include interleukin-8 (IL-8) and epithelial-derived neutrophil activating peptide-78 (ENA-78)...
- Evaluation of the BioPlex 2200 ANA screen for the detection of antinuclear antibodies and comparison with conventional methodsSophie Desplat-Jego
Laboratoire d Immunologie, Hopital de la Conception, Marseille, France
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1109:245-55. 2007..by dsDNA enzyme immunoassay (EliA) test and 657 by double immunodiffusion (DID) for extractable nuclear antigen (ENA) antibodies...
- Actin polymerization in differentiated vascular smooth muscle cells requires vasodilator-stimulated phosphoproteinHak Rim Kim
Dept of Health Sciences, Boston Univ, 635 Commonwealth Ave, Boston MA 02215, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 298:C559-71. 2010..However, the underlying mechanisms are largely unknown. Here, we evaluated the possible functions of the Ena/vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein (VASP) family of actin filament elongation factors in dVSMC...
- Upregulation of bronchioloalveolar carcinoma-derived C-X-C chemokines by tumor infiltrating inflammatory cellsM Wislez
Service de Pneumologie et de Reanimation Respiratoire, AP HP, Hopital Tenon, 4 rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris, France
Inflamm Res 53:4-12. 2004..We evaluated the role of inflammatory environment on C-X-C chemokine tumor production...
- Rheumatic disorders and primary biliary cirrhosis: an appraisal of 170 Italian patientsB Marasini
Department of Medicine, Surgery and Dentistry, S Paolo Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Ann Rheum Dis 60:1046-9. 2001..To establish the frequency of connective tissue diseases (CTD) in a cohort of Italian patients with primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC) and to evaluate the availability of a marker for the early identification of the more common associated CTD...
- Shiga toxins induce, superinduce, and stabilize a variety of C-X-C chemokine mRNAs in intestinal epithelial cells, resulting in increased chemokine expressionC M Thorpe
Division of Geographic Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine, New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Infect Immun 69:6140-7. 2001..multiple C-X-C chemokines at the mRNA level, including interleukin-8 (IL-8), GRO-alpha, GRO-beta, GRO-gamma, and ENA-78. Like that of IL-8, GRO-alpha and ENA-78 mRNAs are both induced and superinduced by Stx1...
- Prevalence of autoantibodies (ANA, anti ds-DNA, ENA, IMF) and rheumatic syndromes in patients with lymphoproliferative diseasesA Chloraki-Bobota
Departments of Immunology, Metaxa Cancer Hospital, Piraeus, Greece
J BUON 11:485-9. 2006..The purpose of this study was to determine the frequency of simultaneous presentation of both lymphoma or other lymphoproliferative diseases, and rheumatic syndromes...
- Serendipitous findings from an Illinois ED nursing educational survey reflect a crisis in emergency nursingVicki A Keough
Loyola University Chicago, Ill, USA
J Emerg Nurs 29:17-22. 2003A survey conducted by the Research Council Of Illinois ENA was intended to assess educational needs, but it revealed some very important serendipitous findings. This survey gave a voice to the frustrations of emergency nurses.
- [Studies on tsutsugamushi disease in Gifu prefecture. 4. Survey results in Ena and Takayama City, and the summary of the studies in the prefecture]S Kasuya
Department of Parasitology, Gifu University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 65:151-6. 1991Investigations of trombiculid mites and Rickettsia tsutsugamushi in wild rodents were made in Ena (Nov. 1988) and Takayama (May 1989) City. In the former area where no patient has been reported so far, Leptotrombidium pallidum (63...
- Effect of double-stranded RNA on the expression of epithelial neutrophil activating peptide-78/CXCL-5 in human endothelial cellsTadaatsu Imaizumi
Department of Vascular Biology, Institute of Brain Science, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Hirosaki, Japan
Inflammation 28:215-9. 2004Epithelial neutophil activating peptide-78 (ENA-78)/CXCL-5 is a member of CXC chemokines. ENA-78 was originally described as a factor produced by epithelial cells only...
- Caenorhabditis elegans WASP and Ena/VASP proteins play compensatory roles in morphogenesis and neuronal cell migrationJim Withee
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720 3204, USA
Genetics 167:1165-76. 2004We report here that WASP and Ena/VASP family proteins play overlapping roles in C. elegans morphogenesis and neuronal cell migration...
- Alveolar granulocyte colony-stimulating factor and alpha-chemokines in relation to serum levels, pulmonary neutrophilia, and severity of lung injury in ARDSFranz J Wiedermann
Departments of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Leopold Franzens University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Chest 125:212-9. 2004To determine granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF), epithelial neutrophil-activating peptide (ENA)-78, and interleukin (IL)-8 in BAL fluid (BALF), epithelial lining fluid (ELF), and serum for establishing the concentration ..
- Modeling of the P700+ charge recombination kinetics with phylloquinone and plastoquinone-9 in the A1 site of photosystem IVladimir P Shinkarev
Department of Biochemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana Chamnpaign, 156 Davenport Hall, 607 Mathews Avenue, Urbana, IL 61801 3838, USA
Biophys J 83:2885-97. 2002..PS I complexes isolated from menA and menB mutants contain plastoquinone-9 rather than phylloquinone in the A(1) site and show altered rates of ..
- Epithelial neutrophil activating peptide-78: a novel chemotactic cytokine for neutrophils in arthritisA E Koch
Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois
J Clin Invest 94:1012-8. 1994..we have examined the production of the novel PMN chemotactic cytokine, epithelial neutrophil activating peptide-78 (ENA-78), using peripheral blood, synovial fluid, and synovial tissue from 70 arthritic patients...
- ENA's Delphi study on national research priorities for emergency nurses in the United StatesElizabeth W Bayley
Widener University School of Medicine, Chester, PA, USA
J Emerg Nurs 30:12-21. 2004..This study identified and prioritized research questions with greatest value to emergency nurses and of highest importance for health care consumers...
- Mena associates with Rac1 and modulates connexin 43 remodeling in cardiomyocytesRashmi Ram
The Heart Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 306:H154-9. 2014b>Mena, a member of the Ena/VASP family of actin regulatory proteins, modulates microfilaments and interacts with cytoskeletal proteins associated with heart failure...
- [Cognitions in eating disorders and their assessment]R Eiber
Exercice Libéral, 16 Chemin du Calquet, 31100 Toulouse
Encephale 31:643-52. 2005..Cognitive pheno-mena of interest are self-schema, weight-related schema and weight-related self-schema...
- Immunoactivity of protein conjugates of carba analogues from Neisseria meningitidis a capsular polysaccharideQi Gao
Dipartimento di Chimica and ISTM CNR, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via Golgi 19, I 20133 Milano, Italy
ACS Chem Biol 8:2561-7. 2013Neisseria meningitidis type A (MenA) is a Gram-negative encapsulated bacterium that is a major cause of epidemic meningitis, especially in the sub-Saharan region of Africa...
- Transcriptomic analysis of postmortem brain identifies dysregulated splicing events in novel candidate genes for schizophreniaOri S Cohen
Psychiatric Genetic Epidemiology and Neurobiology Laboratory PsychGENe Lab, USA
Schizophr Res 142:188-99. 2012..Select microarray results--including dysregulation of ENAH exon 11a and CPNE3 3'UTR--were verified by qRTPCR and replicated in the remaining independent sample of 16 SZ ..
- Differential and additive effects of platelet-derived chemokines on monocyte arrest on inflamed endothelium under flow conditionsThomas Baltus
Department of Molecular Cardiovascular Research, Universitatsklinikum Aachen, Pauwelstrasse 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
J Leukoc Biol 78:435-41. 2005..5), platelet factor 4 [PF4; CXC chemokine ligand 4 (CXCL4)], and epithelial neutrophil-activating protein 78 (ENA-78; CXCL5), or precursors, such as beta-thromboglobulin, which can be processed to neutrophil-activating protein-2 (..
- The intracellular domain of the human protocadherin hFat1 interacts with Homer signalling scaffolding proteinsDietmar Schreiner
Department of Biology, University of Konstanz, AG Hofer, P O Box M648, D 78457 Konstanz, Germany
FEBS Lett 580:5295-300. 2006..Homer-3 and Homer-1 also interact with the EVH1 binding site of hFat1 in vitro, and (ii) binding of Homer-3 and Mena to hFat1 is mutually competitive...
- Microbial toxicity of the insensitive munitions compound, 2,4-dinitroanisole (DNAN), and its aromatic amine metabolitesJidong Liang
Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, University of Arizona, P O Box 210011, Tucson, AZ 85721 0011, USA Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710049, China
J Hazard Mater 262:281-7. 2013..DNAN undergoes facile microbial reduction to 2-methoxy-5-nitroaniline (MENA) and 2,4-diaminoanisole (DAAN)...
- Fyn-binding protein (Fyb)/SLP-76-associated protein (SLAP), Ena/vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein (VASP) proteins and the Arp2/3 complex link T cell receptor (TCR) signaling to the actin cytoskeletonM Krause
Department of Cell Biology, Gesellschaft fur Biotechnologische Forschung GBF, D 38124 Braunschweig, Germany
J Cell Biol 149:181-94. 2000..We have identified the Fyn- and SLP-76-associated protein Fyb/SLAP as a new ligand for Ena/ vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein (VASP) homology 1 (EVH1) domains...
- Application of linear discriminant analysis in performance evaluation of extractable nuclear antigen immunoassay systems in the screening and diagnosis of systemic autoimmune rheumatic diseasesDavid Pi
Department of Pathology, Vancouver General Hospital, 855 West 12th Ave, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 1M9
Am J Clin Pathol 138:596-603. 2012..analysis model to evaluate the performance of 2 types of commercially available extractable nuclear antigen (ENA) immunoassays for the screening and diagnosis of systemic autoimmune rheumatic diseases (SARDs) in a large tertiary ..
- Synthesis and preliminary biological evaluation of carba analogues from Neisseria meningitidis A capsular polysaccharideQi Gao
Dipartimento di Chimica and ISTM CNR, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Italy
Org Biomol Chem 10:6673-81. 2012The Gram-negative encapsulated bacterium Neisseria meningitidis type A (MenA) is a major cause of meningitis in developing countries, especially in the sub-Saharan region of Africa...
- Descriptive study of enzootic nasal adenocarcinoma in goats in southwestern ChinaG Yi
Key Laboratory of Animal Disease and Human Health of Sichuan Province, Sichuan Agricultural University, Ya an, Sichuan, China
Transbound Emerg Dis 57:197-200. 2010This is the first report on enzootic nasal adenocarcinoma (ENA) in goats (Nanjiang Yellow goats and Jianyang Big-ear Black goats) in southwestern China...
- Enabled plays key roles in embryonic epithelial morphogenesis in DrosophilaJulie Gates
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center and Department of Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Development 134:2027-39. 2007..Among these are Enabled (Ena)/VASP proteins, anti-Capping proteins that influence fibroblast migration, growth cone motility, and keratinocyte ..
- Abl-1-bridged tyrosine phosphorylation of VASP by Abelson kinase impairs association of VASP to focal adhesions and regulates leukaemic cell adhesionMasahiro Maruoka
Laboratory of Single Molecule Cell Biology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Life Sciences, Aoba ku, Sendai, Miyagi 980 8578, Japan
Biochem J 441:889-99. 2012b>Mena [mammalian Ena (Enabled)]/VASP (vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein) proteins are the homologues of Drosophila Ena. In Drosophila, Ena is a substrate of the tyrosine kinase DAbl (Drosophila Abl)...
- Emergence of large-scale cell morphology and movement from local actin filament growth dynamicsCatherine I Lacayo
Department of Biochemistry, Stanford University, Stanford, California, United States of America
PLoS Biol 5:e233. 2007..we quantitatively examined how one such family of proteins, enabled/vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein (Ena/VASP), affects the migration and morphology of epithelial fish keratocytes...
- Solubilization and preformulation of poorly water soluble and hydrolysis susceptible N-epoxymethyl-1,8-naphthalimide (ENA) compoundYuancai Dong
Institute of Chemical and Engineering Sciences, A STAR Agency for Science, Technology and Research, 1 Pesek Road, Jurong Island, Singapore 627833, Singapore
Int J Pharm 356:130-6. 2008N-Epoxymethyl-1,8-naphthalimide (ENA) is a novel antiproliferative drug candidate with potent anticancer and antifungal activity. It has an aqueous solubility of 0...
- Abi plays an opposing role to Abl in Drosophila axonogenesis and synaptogenesisTzu Yang Lin
Division of Molecular and Genomic Medicine, National Health Research Institutes, Zhunan, Miaoli 35053, Taiwan
Development 136:3099-107. 2009..Double heterozygosity for abi and enabled (ena) also suppresses the synaptic overgrowth phenotypes of Abl mutants, suggesting that Abi acts cooperatively with Ena ..
- The expression of ENa(+)C and ASIC2 proteins in Pacinian corpuscles is differently regulated by TrkB and its ligands BDNF and NT-4J A Montano
Departamento de Ciencias de la Salud, Universidad Católica San Antonio, Murcia, Spain
Neurosci Lett 463:114-8. 2009..These neurons express different members of the degenerin/epithelial Na(+) channel (DEG/ENa(+)C) superfamily of proteins with putative mechanosensory properties, whose expression is regulated by the TrkB-..
- Monitoring of serum levels of angiogenin, ENA-78 and GRO chemokines in patients with renal cell carcinoma (RCC) in the course of the treatmentDagmar Hlávková
Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Medicine in Hradec Králové and University Hospital Hradec Králové, Department of Clinical Immunology and Allergology, Czech Republic
Acta Medica (Hradec Kralove) 51:185-90. 2008..We evaluated serum levels of angiogenin, panGRO (Growth Related Oncogene) (CXCL 1,2,3) and ENA-78 (Epithelial Neutrophil Activating) (CXCL5) in the serum of 32 patients with RCC (renal cell carcinoma) and 14 ..
- MenA is a promising drug target for developing novel lead molecules to combat Mycobacterium tuberculosisMichio Kurosu
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Pathology, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1682, USA
Med Chem 5:197-207. 2009Potent inhibitors of MenA (1,4-dihydroxy-2-naphtoate prenyltrasferase) in Mycobacterium tuberculosis are identified, and are also effective in inhibiting growth of Mycobacterium tuberculosis at low concentrations...
- Mena invasive (MenaINV) promotes multicellular streaming motility and transendothelial migration in a mouse model of breast cancerEvanthia T Roussos
Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Cell Sci 124:2120-31. 2011We have shown previously that distinct Mena isoforms are expressed in invasive and migratory tumor cells in vivo and that the invasion isoform (Mena(INV)) potentiates carcinoma cell metastasis in murine models of breast cancer...
- An siRNA screen identifies RSK1 as a key modulator of lung cancer metastasisR Lara
Department of Oncology, Hammersmith Campus, Cyclotron Building, London, UK
Oncogene 30:3513-21. 2011..analysis followed by co-immunoprecipitation-based validation revealed that the actin regulators VASP and Mena interact with RSK1. Moreover, RSK1 phosphorylated VASP on T278, a site regulating its binding to actin...
- Role of ENA ATPase in Na(+) efflux at high pH in bryophytesAna Fraile-Escanciano
Centro de Biotecnología y Genómica de Plantas, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Campus Montegancedo, carretera M 40, km 37 7, 28223 Pozuelo de Alarcon, Madrid, Spain
Plant Mol Biol 71:599-608. 2009Potassium or Na(+) efflux ATPases, ENA ATPases, are present in all fungi and play a central role in Na(+) efflux and Na(+) tolerance...
- [Association of ENA-78, IP-10 and VEGF gene polymorphism with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis]Long Liu
Department of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, Beijing Institute of Respiratory Diseases, Beijing Chao Yang Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing 100020, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89:2690-4. 2009To examine whether there was an association between epithelial neutrophil activating peptide 78 (ENA-78), interferon-inducible protein 10 (IP-10), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) polymorphism and Chinese patients with ..
- Increased titres of anti-nuclear antibodies do not predict the development of associated disease in the absence of initial suggestive signs and symptomsR Dinser
Department of Internal Medicine and Rheumatology, Justus Liebig University of Giessen, Kerckhoff Hospital, Bad Nauheim, Germany
Scand J Rheumatol 36:448-51. 2007To determine whether patients with elevated anti-nuclear antibodies (ANA), absent extractable nuclear antigen (ENA) reactivity, and no definite associated disease develop an ANA-associated disease (AAD).
- Fine-tuning of ENA gapmers as antisense oligonucleotides for sequence-specific inhibitionMiho Takagi-Sato
Medicinal Chemistry Research Laboratories I, Daiichi Sankyo Co, Ltd, 1 2 58, Hiromachi, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 140 8710, Japan
Oligonucleotides 17:291-301. 2007For gene validation and the development of oligonucleotide agents, 2'-O,4'-C-ethylene-bridged nucleic acid (ENA) antisense gapmers are widely available...
- Eliciting policymakers' and stakeholders' opinions to help shape health system research priorities in the Middle East and North Africa regionFadi El-Jardali
Department of Health Management and Policy, American University of Beirut, Riad El Solh, Beirut 1107 2020, Lebanon
Health Policy Plan 25:15-27. 2010..priority-setting exercise in health policy and systems research in countries of the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region...
- Mena deficiency delays tumor progression and decreases metastasis in polyoma middle-T transgenic mouse mammary tumorsEvanthia T Roussos
Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Breast Cancer Res 12:R101. 2010The actin binding protein Mammalian enabled (Mena), has been implicated in the metastatic progression of solid tumors in humans...
- Exploring the roles of diaphanous and enabled activity in shaping the balance between filopodia and lamellipodiaCatarina C F Homem
Department of Biology and Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 3280, USA
Mol Biol Cell 20:5138-55. 2009..Here we use Drosophila leading-edge (LE) cells to explore how Diaphanous (Dia)-related formins and Ena/VASP proteins cooperate in this process...
- Identification and functional analysis of a new phosphorylation site (Y398) in the SH3 domain of Abi-1Mizuho Sato
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916 5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630 0101, Japan
FEBS Lett 585:834-40. 2011..Abi-1 is an adaptor protein for Abelson kinase (c-Abl), and Abi-1 promotes the Abl-mediated phosphorylation of Mammalian Enabled (Mena) by binding both c-Abl and Mena...
- CXC CHEMOKINES AND LIVER REGENERATIONLisa Colletti; Fiscal Year: 2002..The CXC chemokines, including epithelial neutrophil activating protein (ENA-78) and macrophage inflammatory protein-2 (MIP-2), are induced by tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF) and are known ..
- Rhinovirus and Airway Epithelial Cell ResponsesMARC HERSHENSON; Fiscal Year: 2009..In pilot studies, we have shown that RV39 induces IL-8, ENA-78 and GRO-ct expression in primary, mu- cociliary-differentiated human tracheal epithelial cells...
- Rhinovirus and Airway Epithelial Cell ResponsesMarc B Hershenson; Fiscal Year: 2010..In pilot studies, we have shown that RV39 induces IL-8, ENA-78 and GRO-ct expression in primary, mu- cociliary-differentiated human tracheal epithelial cells...
- Rhinovirus and Airway Epithelial Cell ResponsesMARC HERSHENSON; Fiscal Year: 2007..In pilot studies, we have shown that RV39 induces IL-8, ENA-78 and GRO-a expression in primary, mucociliary-differentiated human tracheal epithelial cells...
- MECHANISMS OF LEUKOCYTE RECRUITMENT IN IBDCiaran Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2005..long-term goal of this project is to determine the mechanisms whereby Epithelial Neutrophil-Activating peptide-78 (ENA-78), produced by activated enterocytes, regulates neutrophil recruitment in inflammatory bowel disease...
- HORMONAL REGULATION OF MESSENGER RNA STABILITYDaniel R Schoenberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..Consistent with this, PMR1 binds to the Ena/VASP proteins, which are regulators of the actin cytoskeleton, and cell motility is increased in cells ex- pressing ..
- Roundabout4 signaling in endothelial cellsRamani Ramchandran; Fiscal Year: 2009..signaling molecules at both the cell surface and intracellular level; (B) A complex of proteins including IRSp53, Mena, Cdc42-GTP, and Vilse together assembles in endothelial cells in response to Robo4; (C) Members of the Sry-related ..
- Roundabout4 signaling in endothelial cellsRamani Ramchandran; Fiscal Year: 2010..signaling molecules at both the cell surface and intracellular level;(B) A complex of proteins including IRSp53, Mena, Cdc42-GTP, and Vilse together assembles in endothelial cells in response to Robo4;(C) Members of the Sry-related ..
- Roundabout4 signaling in endothelial cellsRamani Ramchandran; Fiscal Year: 2009..signaling molecules at both the cell surface and intracellular level; (B) A complex of proteins including IRSp53, Mena, Cdc42-GTP, and Vilse together assembles in endothelial cells in response to Robo4; (C) Members of the Sry-related ..
- Cell adhesion, signal transduction and cytoskeletal regulation in DrosophilaMark Peifer; Fiscal Year: 2009..We identified critical roles for the tyrosine kinase Abl and the actin regulator Ena in morphogenesis...
- Cell adhesion, signal transduction and cytoskeletal regulation in DrosophilaMark Peifer; Fiscal Year: 2010..We identified critical roles for the tyrosine kinase Abl and the actin regulator Ena in morphogenesis...
- Regulation of Synapse Morphogenesis in DrosophilaDavid L Van Vactor; Fiscal Year: 2010..mechanisms downstream of miR-8, we have shown that postsynaptic repression of the actin-associated protein Enabled (Ena) plays an important role in controlling NMJ growth in late larval stages, consistent with the localization of Ena ..
- CELL ADHESION AND SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION IN DROSOPHILAMark Peifer; Fiscal Year: 2002..Aim II. Analyze the function of Drosophila p120 in cell adhesion in vivo. Aim III. Analyze the role of Abl, Ena, and Dab in epithelial cell-cell junctions. Aim IV...
- Menaquinone biosynthesis:a drug target in Gram-positive bacteriaDean C Crick; Fiscal Year: 2010Potent inhibitors of menaquinone synthesis (specifically MenA) in M. tuberculosis have been identified, which are also effective inhibitors of mycobacterial growth...
- Menaquinone biosynthesis: a drug target in Gram-positive bacteriaDean Crick; Fiscal Year: 2007Project Summary: Potent inhibitors of menaquinone synthesis (specifically MenA) in M. tuberculosis have been identified, which are also effective inhibitors of mycobacterial growth...
- DEVELOPMENTAL STUDIES ON THE MOTOR SYSTEMKatherine Kalil; Fiscal Year: 2005..The second specific aim is to investigate the functions of the Mena/VASP proteins, a family of actin regulatory proteins thought to play a role in growth cone pausing and branching at ..
- PATHOGENIC MECHANISMS OF HELICOBACTER PYLORI GASTRITISCiaran Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2002..These factors then up- regulate IL-8 gene transcription. ENA-78 is an epithelial cell-derived chemokine structurally and functionally similar to IL-8. Cag+ H...
- The Fat1 Cadherin and Vascular RemodelingNICHOLAS E SIBINGA; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recent findings indicate that the Fat1 intracellular domain can interact with Ena/VASP proteins, which are known to be involved in regulation of cytoskeletal dynamics, cell migration and ..
- Alcohol in Mexican-Origin Groups: US and Mexican SurveysMarjorie Robertson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Surveys (NASs), each including large Hispanic oversamples, and the 1998 Mexican National Survey of Addictions (ENA) conducted by our collaborators at the National Institute of Psychiatry, Mexico City...
- Cytoskeletal Regulation During Growth Cone Migration and Axon GuidanceFrank Gertler; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Ena/VASP proteins function in growth cone guidance by controlling actin cytoskeleton dynamics...
- Cytoskeletal Regulation During Growth Cone Migration and Axon GuidanceFrank B Gertler; Fiscal Year: 2011..b>Ena/VASP proteins function in growth cone guidance by controlling actin cytoskeleton dynamics...
- Cytoskeletal Regulation During Growth Cone Migration and Axon GuidanceFrank B Gertler; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Ena/VASP proteins function in growth cone guidance by controlling actin cytoskeleton dynamics...
- Functions of Epithelial Splicing Regulatory Proteins and their role in the EMTRUSS PAUL CARSTENS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Further identification of CD44, ENAH, and p120-ctn as splicing targets of ESRP1 and ESRP2 implicates these proteins as the regulators of a broader ..
- CLONAL DOMINANCE OF HEMATOPOIETIC STEM CELLS EXPRESSING MUTANT CSF3RDaniel C Link; Fiscal Year: 2010..two candidate genes that are differentially induced by G-CSF in d715 G-CSFR HSC: Cdkn1a (p21cip1/waf1) and Enah. We hypothesize that induction of Cdkn1a expression by the d715 G-CSFR allows for HSC proliferation without loss of ..
- Mechanism of vertebrate neural tube morphogenesisJohn Wallingford; Fiscal Year: 2009..We hypothesize that the actin regulators, Arp2/3, formin, and Mena are required for this process...
- A Role for Mena in the HeartBURNS BLAXALL; Fiscal Year: 2009Heart failure (HF) is associated with myriad changes in cardiac gene expression. We recently found expression of Mena to be a novel predictor of HF...
- Regulation of Microglial ActivationCarol Colton; Fiscal Year: 2003..Since our preliminary data demonstrate that microglial immune activation promotes a gene switching process, whereby mENA for CAT1 appears repressed and CAT2b mRNA appears enhanced, we will investigate the gene induction process and the ..
- A Role for Mena in the HeartBurns C Blaxall; Fiscal Year: 2010Heart failure (HF) is associated with myriad changes in cardiac gene expression. We recently found expression of Mena to be a novel predictor of HF...
- Cellular and Developmental Function of MenaFrank Gertler; Fiscal Year: 2009Understanding how a cell moves in response to environmental signals is a fundamental challenge in biology. Mena, VASP and EVL, highly related proteins that comprise the Ena/VASP family, play pivotal roles in movement and shape change1 ..
- Cellular and Developmental Function of MenaFrank B Gertler; Fiscal Year: 2010Understanding how a cell moves in response to environmental signals is a fundamental challenge in biology. Mena, VASP and EVL, highly related proteins that comprise the Ena/VASP family, play pivotal roles in movement and shape change1 ..