Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: EMP3
Description: epithelial membrane protein 3
Alias: YMP, EMP-3, HNMP-1, hematopoietic neural membrane protein 1
- Epithelial membrane proteins induce membrane blebbing and interact with the P2X7 receptor C terminusHeather L Wilson
Institute of Molecular Physiology, University of Sheffield S10 2TN, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 277:34017-23. 2002..These findings suggest that the P2X(7) C-terminal domain associates with EMPs, and this interaction may mediate some aspects of the downstream signaling following P2X(7) receptor activation...
- Analysis of candidate genes for prostate cancerJames K Burmester
Department of Cancer Genetics, Marshfield Clinic Research Foundation, Wisc 54449, USA
Hum Hered 57:172-8. 2004..009, BCAS1 (breast carcinoma amplified sequence 1), p = 0.007, CAV2 (caveolin 2), p = 0.007, EMP3 (epithelial membrane protein 3), p < 0.0001, and MLH1 (mutL homolog 1), p < 0.0001...
- EMP3 overexpression is associated with oligodendroglial tumors retaining chromosome arms 1p and 19qKay Ka Wai Li
Department of Anatomical and Cellular Pathology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Int J Cancer 120:947-50. 2007The epithelial membrane protein 3 (EMP3) gene located on chromosome 19q13 has been implicated as a candidate tumor suppressor gene (TSG) in neuroblastomas and gliomas...
- Characterization of a tumor-associated gene, a member of a novel family of genes encoding membrane glycoproteinsI Ben-Porath
Department of Genetics, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Givat Ram, Israel
Gene 183:69-75. 1996..our search for human sequences homologous to TMP and PMP22, we identified two new genes which we have named XMP and YMP. Thus, we present a novel family of membrane glycoproteins, one member of which is closely associated with ..
- Epithelial membrane protein-2 and epithelial membrane protein-3: two novel members of the peripheral myelin protein 22 gene familyV Taylor
Department of Cell Biology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETH Honggerberg, Zurich, Switzerland
Gene 175:115-20. 1996....
- DNA hypermethylation and aberrant expression of the EMP3 gene at 19q13.3 in Human GliomasAnnegret Kunitz
Department of Neuropathology, Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, D 13353 Berlin, Germany
Brain Pathol 17:363-70. 2007..However, the tumor suppressor genes (TSG) on 19q are still elusive. Using cDNA microarray expression profiling, EMP3 at 19q13.3 was among those genes showing the most pronounced expression differences...
- Isolation of a low-temperature adapted lipolytic enzyme from uncultivated micro-organismC Roh
School of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea
J Appl Microbiol 105:116-23. 2008..The aim of the study was to isolate a novel lipolytic enzyme from the activated sludge of uncultured micro-organisms...
- Gene expression profile analysis of primary glioblastomas and non-neoplastic brain tissue: identification of potential target genes by oligonucleotide microarray and real-time quantitative PCRCarlos A Scrideli
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
J Neurooncol 88:281-91. 2008..00001 for CDKN2C, CKS2, EEF1A1, EMP3, PDPN, BNIP2, CA12, CD34, CDC42EP4, PPIE, SNAI2, GDF15 and MMP23b; and NFIA (P: 0.0001), GPS1 (P: 0...
- Evaluation of a functional epigenetic approach to identify promoter region methylation in phaeochromocytoma and neuroblastomaCaroline D E Margetts
Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, Institute of Biomedical Research Cancer Research, UK
Endocr Relat Cancer 15:777-86. 2008..Two of the genes, epithelial membrane protein 3 (EMP3) and HSP47, demonstrated significantly more frequent methylation in neuroblastoma than phaeochromocytoma...
- EMP3 as a tumor suppressor gene for esophageal squamous cell carcinomaShoichi Fumoto
Department of Translational Cancer Research, Research Institute for Radiation Biology and Medicine RIRBM, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Cancer Lett 274:25-32. 2009b>EMP3, epithelial membrane protein 3, was recently reported to be a tumor suppressor gene in neuroblastomas and gliomas...
- EMP3 overexpression in primary breast carcinomas is not associated with epigenetic aberrationsWei Zhou
Department of Radiation Oncology, Shandong Tumor Hospital, Shandong University, Shandong, China
J Korean Med Sci 24:97-103. 2009Epithelial membrane protein 3 (EMP3) is a trans-membrane signaling molecule with important roles in the regulation of apoptosis, differentiation and invasion of cancer cells, but the detailed is largely still unknown...
- EMP3 as a candidate tumor suppressor gene for solid tumorsShoichi Fumoto
Hiroshima University, Research Institute for Radiation Biology and Medicine RIRBM, Department of Translational Cancer Research, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Expert Opin Ther Targets 13:811-22. 2009Epithelial membrane protein 3 (EMP3), was recently reported to be a tumor suppressor gene for several solid tumors, and is drawing attention as a novel prognostic marker, since its expression level or hypermethylation of the promoter ..
- Genomic and expression profiling of glioblastoma stem cell-like spheroid cultures identifies novel tumor-relevant genes associated with survivalAurélie Ernst
Division of Molecular Genetics, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 15:6541-50. 2009..We exploited the glioma spheroid culture model to find novel tumor-relevant genes...
- Co-expression of an organic solvent-tolerant lipase and its cognate foldase of Pseudomonas aeruginosa CS-2 and the application of the immobilized recombinant lipaseRen Peng
New World Institute of Biotechnology, State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai 200237, China
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 165:926-37. 2011..8%, 71.3%, and 71.2% identity with lipases from P. aeruginosa LST-03, P seudomonas mendocina ymp, and Pseudomonas stutzeri A1501, respectively. The co-expression of CS-2 lipase and its cognate foldase of P...
- Pseudomonas entomophila and Pseudomonas mendocina: potential models for studying the bacterial type VI secretion systemPanagiotis F Sarris
Department of Biology, University of Crete, P O Box 2208, 71409 Heraklion, Greece
Infect Genet Evol 11:1352-60. 2011..presence of genes encoding for putative T6SS core components and secreted proteins in the sequenced Pen L48 and Pme ymp, strains and designated their putative promoters, sigma factors binding sites and various regulatory proteins...
- Variation assessment for in vitro permeabilities through Yucatan micropig skinHiroyuki Takeuchi
Pharmacokinetics and Metabolism, Drug Safety and Pharmacokinetics Laboratories, Pharmaceutical Business, Taisho Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Yoshino cho, Kita ku, Saitama, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 34:555-61. 2011The purpose of this study was to evaluate the variations in the in vitro Yucatan micropig (YMP) skin permeabilities of drugs and to clarify whether YMP skin can be used to predict human skin permeability...
- DNA hypermethylation profiles associated with glioma subtypes and EZH2 and IGFBP2 mRNA expressionShichun Zheng
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California San Francisco, Helen Diller Family Cancer Center, 1450 3rd Street, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Neuro Oncol 13:280-9. 2011..Class 1 (MGMT, PTEN, RASSF1A, TMS1, ZNF342, EMP3, SOCS1, RFX1) was highly methylated in 82% (75/91) of lower-grade astrocytic and oligodendroglial tumors, 73% (8/11)..
- Development and evaluation of a monolithic drug-in-adhesive patch for valsartanNaohiro Nishida
Pharmaceutical Technology Research Laboratories, R and D Dept, Toa Eiyo Ltd, 1 Tanaka, Yuno, Iizaka, Fukushima shi, Fukushima 960 0280, Japan
Int J Pharm 402:103-9. 2010..patch, several chemical penetration enhancers were investigated by in vitro hairless mouse and Yucatan micro pig (YMP) skin permeation studies...
- Ionic liquid-in-oil microemulsion as a potential carrier of sparingly soluble drug: characterization and cytotoxicity evaluationMuhammad Moniruzzaman
Department of Applied Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyushu University, 744 Moto oka, Fukuoka 819 0395, Japan
Int J Pharm 400:243-50. 2010..ACV incorporated in IL droplets as well as other formulations was performed into and across the Yucatan micropig (YMP) porcine skin, and the use of IL/o MEs has been shown to dramatically increase ACV administration...
- [The methylation analysis of EMP3 and PCDH-gamma-A11 gene in human glioma]Zheng Jiang
Department of Neurosurgery, Qilu Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan 250012, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 48:300-4. 2010To study the relationship between promoter methylation and mRNA expressions of EMP3 and PCDH-gamma-A11 genes in human glioma, and to analyze the regulation mechanism of promoter methylation in the progression of glioma.
- Virgibacillus soli sp. nov., isolated from mountain soilP Kampfer
Institut fur Angewandte Mikrobiologie, Justus Liebig Universitat Giessen, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 61:275-80. 2011A Gram-positive bacterium (strain CC-YMP-6(T)) was isolated from soil samples collected from Yang-Ming Mountain, Taiwan...
- Roles of siderophores, oxalate, and ascorbate in mobilization of iron from hematite by the aerobic bacterium Pseudomonas mendocinaCarolyn A Dehner
251 Nieuwland Hall of Science, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:2041-8. 2010..on acquisition of Fe from the mineral hematite (alpha-Fe(2)O(3)) by the obligate aerobe Pseudomonas mendocina ymp. A site-directed DeltapmhA mutant that was not capable of producing functional siderophores (i.e...
- Gene expression profiling elucidates a specific role for RARgamma in the retinoic acid-induced differentiation of F9 teratocarcinoma stem cellsDan Su
Department of Pharmacology, Weill Cornell Medical College United States
Biochem Pharmacol 75:1129-60. 2008..Genes such as Sfrp2, Tie1, Fbp2, Emp1, and Emp3 exhibited higher transcript levels in RA-treated Wt, RARalpha-/- and RARbeta2-/- lines than in RA-treated RARgamma-/..
- Identification, isolation, and analysis of a gene cluster involved in iron acquisition by Pseudomonas mendocina ympJonathan D Awaya
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
Biometals 21:353-66. 2008..Pseudomonas mendocina ymp was isolated from the Yucca Mountain Site for long-term nuclear waste storage...
- A novel solid-in-oil nanosuspension for transdermal delivery of diclofenac sodiumHongyu Piao
Department of Applied Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, 819 0395, Japan
Pharm Res 25:896-901. 2008We formulated a solid-in-oil nanosuspension (SONS) as a novel transdermal delivery carrier for diclofenac sodium (DFNa). The basic transdermal characteristics of the SONS were evaluated using a Yucatan micropig (YMP) skin model.
- Identification and characterization of a cDNA and the structural gene encoding the mouse epithelial membrane protein-1C S Lobsiger
Department of Biology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich, Switzerland
Genomics 36:379-87. 1996....
- HNMP-1: a novel hematopoietic and neural membrane protein differentially regulated in neural development and injuryL M Bolin
DNAX Research Institute, Palo Alto, California 94304 1104, USA
J Neurosci 17:5493-502. 1997..The expression pattern of HNMP-1 suggests a possible role for this molecule during active myelination...
- Chromosomal mapping of Tmp (Emp1), Xmp (Emp2), and Ymp (Emp3), genes encoding membrane proteins related to Pmp22I Ben-Porath
Department of Genetics, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Genomics 49:443-7. 1998..the Charcot-Marie-Tooth neuropathy, and three novel genes: TMP, XMP, and YMP (HGMW-approved symbols EMP1, EMP2 and EMP3, respectively)...
- Regional localization of the human epithelial membrane protein genes 1, 2, and 3 (EMP1, EMP2, EMP3) to 12p12.3, 16p13.2, and 19q13.3T Liehr
Institute of Human Genetics, Schwabachanlage 10, Erlangen, D-91054, Germany
Genomics 58:106-8. 1999
- Genetic dissection of dome formation in a mammary cell line: identification of two genes with opposing actionI Zucchi
Istituto di Tecnologie Biomediche Avanzate, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Via Fratelli Cervi 93, 20090 Segrate, Milan, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:13766-70. 1999..The first, called 133, is the rat ortholog of the human epithelial membrane protein 3 (EMP3), a member of the peripheral myelin protein 22 (PMP22)/EMP/lens-specific membrane protein 20 (MP20) gene family ..
- Origin of new genes and source for N-terminal domain of the chimerical gene, jingwei, in DrosophilaM Long
Department of Ecology and Evolution, The University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Gene 238:135-41. 1999..Drosophila teissieri and Drosophila yakuba and its orthologous gene in Drosophila melanogaster as yellow-emperor (ymp)...
- The origin of the Jingwei gene and the complex modular structure of its parental gene, yellow emperor, in Drosophila melanogasterW Wang
Department of Ecology and Evolution, University of Chicago Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University
Mol Biol Evol 17:1294-301. 2000..We characterized this non-ADH: parental locus, yellow emperor (ymp), by cloning it, mapping it onto the polytene chromosomes, sequencing the entire locus, and examining its ..
- Supercomputers open window of opportunity for nursingS L Meintz
College of Health Science, University of Nevada, Las Vegas 89154
Comput Nurs 11:140-4. 1993..USing the CRAY YMP 2/216 supercomputer, the PNHDR established the validity of a supercomputer platform for nursing research...
- Thermally induced natural convection effects in Yucca Mountain driftsStephen W Webb
Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM 87185, USA
J Contam Hydrol 62:713-30. 2003..by emplaced waste packages is an important heat and mass transfer mechanism within the Yucca Mountain Project (YMP) drifts. Various models for analyzing natural convection have been employed...
- cDNA microarray analysis of genes associated with ERBB2 (HER2/neu) overexpression in human mammary luminal epithelial cellsAlan Mackay
LICR UCL Breast Cancer Laboratory, University College London, London, UK
Oncogene 22:2680-8. 2003..were also differentially expressed, including NDRG1, USF2 and the epithelial membrane proteins 1 and 3 (EMP1, EMP3)...
- A single nucleotide polymorphism in the Emp3 gene defines the H4 minor histocompatibility antigenBrianna Luedtke
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, Blood Research Institute, Blood Center of South eastern Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226 2178, USA
Immunogenetics 55:284-95. 2003....
- Altered expression of CLC, DSG3, EMP3, S100A2, and SLPI in corneal epithelium from keratoconus patientsKim Nielsen
Department of Ophthalmology, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Cornea 24:661-8. 2005This investigation was designed to determine whether the five genes, CLC, DSG3, EMP3, S100A2 and SLPI, are differentially expressed in keratoconus, as indicated from another study.
- Effect of exogenous reductant on growth and iron mobilization from ferrihydrite by the Pseudomonas mendocina ymp strainSuraj Dhungana
Bioscience Division, Los Alamos National Laboratory, NM 87544, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:3428-30. 2007Growth of the Pseudomonas mendocina ymp strain on insoluble ferrihydrite is enhanced by exogenous reductants with concurrent increase in soluble iron concentrations...
- A hierarchical approach employing metabolic and gene expression profiles to identify the pathways that confer cytotoxicity in HepG2 cellsZheng Li
Department of Chemical Engineering and Material Science, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
BMC Syst Biol 1:21. 2007..A computational model was developed to integrate these disparate data to reveal the underlying pathways and mechanisms involved in saturated fatty acid toxicity...
- A carboxy-terminal domain determines the subunit specificity of KCNQ K+ channel assemblyMichael Schwake
Centre for Molecular Neurobiology Hamburg, ZMNH, Falkenried 94, Germany
EMBO Rep 4:76-81. 2003..Conversely, a KCNQ3-sid(Q1) chimaera no longer affects KCNQ2 but interacts with KCNQ1. We conclude that the si domain suffices to determine the subunit specificity of KCNQ channel assembly...
- The identification and characterization of a noncontinuous calmodulin-binding site in noninactivating voltage-dependent KCNQ potassium channelsEva Yus-Najera
Instituto Cajal, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones, Avenida, Dr Arce 37, 28002 Madrid, Spain
J Biol Chem 277:28545-53. 2002..Thus, we propose that CaM acts as a mediator in the Ca2+-dependent modulation of KCNQ channels...
- Detection of Distribution of New Genes in Drosophila PhylogenyMANYUAN NO LONG; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results from these four categories of studies will generate the first phylogenetic distribution of new genes and provide the fresh-insight into the rates and patterns of new gene originations in genomes. ..
- Variation of D. melanogaster chromosome 4Manyuan Long; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies should add significantly to the understanding of the evolutionary genetics of the Drosophila fourth chromosome. ..
- Detection of Distribution of New Genes in Drosophila PhylogenyManyuan Long; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results from these four categories of studies will generate the first phylogenetic distribution of new genes and provide the fresh-insight into the rates and patterns of new gene originations in genomes. ..