Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: EMP2
Description: epithelial membrane protein 2
Publications104 found, 100 shown here
- Steroid hormone regulation of EMP2 expression and localization in the endometriumMadhuri Wadehra
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 6:15. 2008The tetraspan protein epithelial membrane protein-2 (EMP2), which mediates surface display of diverse proteins, is required for endometrial competence in blastocyst implantation, and is uniquely correlated with poor survival from ..
- Epithelial membrane protein-2 is expressed in discrete anatomical regions of the eyeMadhuri Wadehra
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Exp Mol Pathol 74:106-12. 2003Epithelial membrane protein-2 (EMP2) is a member of the four transmembrane superfamily (TM4SF) and is thought to mediate trafficking of diverse proteins such as alpha6beta1 integrin and MHC class I to lipid raft microdomains...
- Epithelial membrane protein-2 regulates surface expression of alphavbeta3 integrin in the endometriumMadhuri Wadehra
Department of Pathology and Laboratory, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Dev Biol 287:336-45. 2005The four-transmembrane protein epithelial membrane protein-2 (EMP2) was recently identified as an endometrial protein necessary for blastocyst implantation, but the mechanism of this role is uncertain...
- Epithelial membrane protein 2 modulates infectivity of Chlamydia muridarum (MoPn)Kaori Shimazaki
Molecular Biology Institute, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Microbes Infect 9:1003-10. 2007..Epithelial membrane protein-2 (EMP2), a 4-transmembrane protein, is highly expressed in epithelial cells in sites of chlamydial infections...
- Xanthosine and xanthine. Substrate properties with purine nucleoside phosphorylases, and relevance to other enzyme systemsGerasim Stoychev
Department of Biophysics, Institute of Experimental Physics, University of Warsaw, Poland
Eur J Biochem 269:4048-57. 2002..Attention is directed to the fact that the structural properties of the neutral and ionic forms of XMP, Xao and Xan are also of key importance in many other enzyme systems, such as IMP dehydrogenase, some nucleic acid ..
- Tritrichomonas foetus: a strategy for structure-based inhibitor design of a protozoan inosine-5'-monophosphate dehydrogenaseH Luecke
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, University of California, Irvine 92697, USA
Exp Parasitol 87:203-11. 1997..The enzyme catalyzes the NAD-dependent oxidation of inosine monophosphate (IMP) to xanthosine monophosphate (XMP), the committed step in guanosine monophosphate (GMP) biosynthesis...
- Evidence for the involvement of cytosolic 5'-nucleotidase (cN-II) in the synthesis of guanine nucleotides from xanthosineCatia Barsotti
Department of Physiology and Biochemistry, University of Pisa, Via San Zeno 51, 56127 Pisa, Italy
J Biol Chem 280:13465-9. 2005..In rat brain extracts and in intact LoVo cells, xanthosine is salvaged to XMP via the phosphotransferase activity of cytosolic 5'-nucleotidase...
- IMP dehydrogenase: mechanism of action and inhibitionL Hedstrom
MS 009, Department of Biochemistry, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA 02454, USA
Curr Med Chem 6:545-60. 1999Inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase (IMPDH) catalyzes the conversion of IMP to XMP with the concomitant reduction of NAD to NADH. This reaction is the rate-limiting step in guanine nucleotide biosynthesis...
- Empty pericarp2 encodes a negative regulator of the heat shock response and is required for maize embryogenesisSuneng Fu
Department of Plant Biology, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602, USA
Plant Cell 14:3119-32. 2002..Recessive Mutator transposon mutations at the maize empty pericarp2 (emp2) locus led to dramatically increased expression of heat shock genes, retarded embryo development, and early-stage ..
- Asp338 controls hydride transfer in Escherichia coli IMP dehydrogenaseK M Kerr
Departments of Biochemistry and Biology, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts 02454, USA
Biochemistry 39:9804-10. 2000IMP dehydrogenase (IMPDH) catalyzes the oxidation of IMP to XMP with the concomitant reduction of NAD(+). This reaction involves the formation of a covalent adduct with an active site Cys...
- The tetraspan protein EMP2 modulates the surface expression of caveolins and glycosylphosphatidyl inositol-linked proteinsMadhuri Wadehra
Molecular Biology Institute, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Mol Biol Cell 15:2073-83. 2004..Epithelial membrane protein-2 (EMP2), a member of the four-transmembrane superfamily, facilitates plasma membrane delivery of certain integrins...
- The tetraspan protein epithelial membrane protein-2 interacts with beta1 integrins and regulates adhesionMadhuri Wadehra
Molecular Biology Institute, The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, 108ee Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 277:41094-100. 2002..Epithelial membrane protein-2 (EMP2), a GAS3/PMP22 family member, was recently identified as a putative tumor suppressor gene...
- Crystal structure of Escherichia coli xanthine phosphoribosyltransferaseS Vos
Department of Biochemistry, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Biochemistry 36:4125-34. 1997..1-pyrophosphate (PRib-PP) to the 6-oxopurine bases guanine, xanthine, and hypoxanthine to form GMP, XMP, and IMP, respectively...
- De novo GMP synthesis is required for axon guidance in DrosophilaHong Long
McGill Centre for Research in Neuroscience and Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1A4, Canada
Genetics 172:1633-42. 2006..were observed when the raspberry (ras) gene, encoding for inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase catalyzing the IMP-to-XMP conversion in GMP de novo synthesis, was mutated...
- Isolation and sequence of a cDNA encoding mouse IMP dehydrogenaseA A Tiedeman
Seattle Biomedical Research Institute, WA 98109 1651
Gene 97:289-93. 1991Inosinic acid (IMP) dehydrogenase (IMPD) catalyzes the conversion of IMP to XMP as the first committed step in GMP biosynthesis de novo...
- The first committed step reaction of caffeine biosynthesis: 7-methylxanthosine synthase is closely homologous to caffeine synthases in coffee (Coffea arabica L.)Kouichi Mizuno
Faculty of Bioresource Sciences, Akita Prefectural University, Akita City, 010 0195, Akita, Japan
FEBS Lett 547:56-60. 2003..CmXRS1 was specific for xanthosine and xanthosine 5'-monophosphate (XMP) could not be used as a substrate. The K(m) value for xanthosine was 73.7 microM...
- Chromosomal mapping of Tmp (Emp1), Xmp (Emp2), and Ymp (Emp3), genes encoding membrane proteins related to Pmp22I Ben-Porath
Department of Genetics, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Genomics 49:443-7. 1998..in the Charcot-Marie-Tooth neuropathy, and three novel genes: TMP, XMP, and YMP (HGMW-approved symbols EMP1, EMP2 and EMP3, respectively)...
- The tetraspan protein EMP2 increases surface expression of class I major histocompatibility complex proteins and susceptibility to CTL-mediated cell deathMadhuri Wadehra
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1722, USA
Clin Immunol 107:129-36. 2003..Epithelial membrane protein 2 (EMP2) is a tetraspan protein recently identified for its role in suppressing B lymphoma tumorigenicity...
- Metabolic fate of AMP, IMP, GMP and XMP in the cytosol of rat brain: an experimental and theoretical analysisA Torrecilla
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas Alberto Sols UAM CSIC, Facultad de Medicina, Madrid, Spain
J Neurochem 76:1291-307. 2001A systematic study of the metabolic fate of AMP, IMP, GMP and XMP (NMP) in the presence of cytosol from rat brain is here presented; the kinetics of both disappearance of NMP, and appearance of their degradation products was followed by ..
- Crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic studies of Escherichia coli xanthine phosphoribosyltransferaseS Vos
Centre for Protein Structure, Function and Engineering, University of Queensland, Australia
J Struct Biol 116:330-4. 1996..4.2.22) from Escherichia coli is a purine salvage enzyme which synthesizes the nucleotides GMP, XMP, and IMP...
- Crystal structures of Tritrichomonasfoetus inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase in complex with substrate, cofactor and analogs: a structural basis for the random-in ordered-out kinetic mechanismGlen L Prosise
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 3900 USA
J Mol Biol 326:517-27. 2003..foetus have been solved: with its substrate IMP, IMP and the inhibitor mycophenolic acid (MPA), the product XMP with MPA, and XMP with the cofactor NAD(+). In addition, a potassium ion has been located at the dimer interface...
- Acid-base properties of xanthosine 5'-monophosphate (XMP) and of some related nucleobase derivatives in aqueous solution: micro acidity constant evaluations of the (N1)H versus the (N3)H deprotonation ambiguitySalah S Massoud
Departement Chemie, Anorganische Chemie, Universitat Basel, Spitalstrasse 51, 4056 Basel, Switzerland
Chemistry 10:5129-37. 2004The first acidity constant of fully protonated xanthosine 5'-monophosphate, that is, of H3(XMP)+, was estimated by means of a micro acidity constant scheme and the following three deprotonations of the H2(XMP)+/- (pKa=0.97), H(XMP)- (5...
- Substitution of the conserved Arg-Tyr dyad selectively disrupts the hydrolysis phase of the IMP dehydrogenase reactionYollete V Guillen Schlippe
Department of Biochemistry, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts 02454, USA
Biochemistry 43:4511-21. 2004Inosine 5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase (IMPDH) catalyzes the oxidation of IMP to XMP via the covalent E-XMP* intermediate (E-XMP*), with the concomitant reduction of NAD(+)...
- Functional consequences of interactions between FAK and epithelial membrane protein 2 (EMP2)Shawn A Morales
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:4949-56. 2009Collagen gel contraction by ARPE-19 is controlled by epithelial membrane protein 2 (EMP2) through focal adhesion kinase (FAK) activation. The purpose of this study was to test the role of EMP2 in the cellular context of FAK activation.
- The immunosuppressive agent mizoribine monophosphate forms a transition state analogue complex with inosine monophosphate dehydrogenaseLu Gan
Department of Biochemistry and Chemistry and the Rosenstiel Basic Medical Sciences Research Center, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts 02454, USA
Biochemistry 42:857-63. 2003..This enzyme catalyzes the oxidation of IMP to XMP with the concomitant reduction of NAD via a covalent intermediate at Cys319 (E-XMP)...
- Kinetic and biochemical characterization of Plasmodium falciparum GMP synthetaseJavaid Yousuf Bhat
Molecular Biology and Genetics Unit, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Jakkur, Bangalore 560064, India
Biochem J 409:263-73. 2008..GMPS, a G-type amidotransferase, catalyses the amination of XMP to GMP with the reaction occurring in two domains, the GAT (glutamine amidotransferase) and ATPPase (ATP ..
- Validation and application of a high-performance liquid chromatographic-based assay for determination of the inosine 5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase activity in erythrocytesPhilipe N Khalil
Department of Surgery, Downtown Medical Centre, Ludwig Maximilians University, D 80336 Munich, Germany
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 842:1-7. 2006..erythrocyte separation/haemolysis and assay conditions and a distinct segregation of xanthosine 5'-monophosphate (XMP) from the clear supernatant after precipitation...
- Structural properties of the neutral and monoanionic forms of xanthosine, highly relevant to their substrate properties with various enzyme systemsJarosław Poznański
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warszawa, Poland
Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids 22:249-63. 2003..These findings are highly relevant to the modes of binding, and to the substrate properties, of Xan, Xao and its 5'-phosphate (XMP) in numerous enzyme systems, hitherto virtually ignored, and illustrated by several concrete examples.
- Crystal structure of a ternary complex of Tritrichomonas foetus inosine 5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase: NAD+ orients the active site loop for catalysisLu Gan
Department of Biochemistry, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts 02454, USA
Biochemistry 41:13309-17. 2002Inosine 5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase (IMPDH) catalyzes the conversion of IMP to XMP with the reduction of NAD(+), which is the rate-limiting step in the biosynthesis of guanine nucleotides. IMPDH is a promising target for chemotherapy...
- The roles of conserved carboxylate residues in IMP dehydrogenase and identification of a transition state analogK M Kerr
Department of Biochemistry, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts 02254, USA
Biochemistry 36:13365-73. 1997IMP dehydrogenase (IMPDH) catalyzes the oxidation of IMP to XMP with the concomitant reduction of NAD+; the enzyme is activated by K+. This reaction is the rate-limiting step in de novo guanine nucleotide biosynthesis...
- Identification of novel Mt-Guab2 inhibitor series active against M. tuberculosisVeeraraghavan Usha
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e33886. 2012..IMPDH exclusively catalyzes the conversion of inosine monophosphate (IMP) to xanthosine monophosphate (XMP) in the presence of the cofactor nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD(+))...
- Epithelial membrane protein-2 promotes endometrial tumor formation through activation of FAK and SrcMaoyong Fu
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e19945. 2011..One recent biomarker strongly associated with disease progression and survival is epithelial membrane protein-2 (EMP2), a tetraspan protein known to associate with and modify surface expression of certain integrin isoforms...
- EMP2 regulates angiogenesis in endometrial cancer cells through induction of VEGFL K Gordon
Department of Ophthalmology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Oncogene 32:5369-76. 2013..In this study, we define a novel function for epithelial membrane protein-2 (EMP2) in the control of angiogenesis...
- IPH-926 lobular breast cancer cells are triple-negative but their microarray profile uncovers a luminal subtypeMatthias Christgen
Institute of Pathology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Cancer Sci 104:1726-30. 2013..Quantitative real-time RT-PCR confirmed enhanced expression of luminal marker genes (AGR2, CLU, CA12, EMP2, CLDN3) and low or absent expression of basal marker genes (KRT5, CD44, CAV1, VIM)...
- Substrate activation and conformational dynamics of guanosine 5'-monophosphate synthetaseJustin C Oliver
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, United States
Biochemistry 52:5225-35. 2013..responsible for the last step in the guanosine branch of the pathway, the amination of xanthosine 5'-monophosphate (XMP)...
- Substrate-induced conformational changes in Plasmodium falciparum guanosine monophosphate synthetaseJavaid Y Bhat
Molecular Biology and Genetics Unit, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore, India
FEBS J 278:3756-68. 2011..amidotransferase that incorporates ammonia derived from glutamine into the nucleotide xanthosine 5'-monophosphate (XMP) to form guanosine 5'-monophosphate (GMP)...
- Human GMP synthetaseT Page
Int J Biochem 16:117-20. 1984..The Km values were determined to be 4.9 microM for XMP, 270 microM for ATP, and 340 microM for glutamine...
- Defects in purine nucleotide metabolism lead to substantial incorporation of xanthine and hypoxanthine into DNA and RNABo Pang
Department of Biological Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:2319-24. 2012..we observed large increases (up to 600-fold) in hypoxanthine in both DNA and RNA in cells unable to convert IMP to XMP or AMP (IMP dehydrogenase, guaB; adenylosuccinate synthetase, purA, and ADE12), and unable to remove dITP/ITP and ..
- Differential effects of bactericidal/permeability-increasing protein (BPI) analogues on retinal neovascularization and retinal pericyte growthRavi K Rauniyar
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43:503-9. 2002..retinopathies, the antiangiogenic activity of a human recombinant 21-kDa modified N-terminal fragment of BPI (rBPI(21)), which has the biological properties of the holoprotein, and a peptidomimetic (XMP.Z) derived from BPI were examined.
- Guanidine derivatives rescue the Arg418Ala mutation of Tritrichomonas foetus IMP dehydrogenaseYollete V Guillen Schlippe
Department of Biochemistry, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts 02454, USA
Biochemistry 44:16695-700. 2005IMP dehydrogenase (IMPDH) catalyzes the oxidation of inosine 5'-monophosphate (IMP) to xanthosine 5'-monophosphate (XMP) and the reduction of NAD(+)...
- Positional isotope exchange and kinetic experiments with Escherichia coli guanosine-5'-monophosphate synthetaseW von der Saal
Biochemistry 24:5343-50. 1985..The initial velocity patterns of MgATP, XMP, and either NH3 or glutamine (as nitrogen source) were consistent with the ordered addition of MgATP followed by ..
- Loss of epithelial membrane protein-2 expression confers an independent prognosticator in nasopharyngeal carcinoma: a cohort studyYi Hsien Chen
Department of Emergency Medicine, Chi Mei Medical Center, Tainan, Taiwan
BMJ Open 2:e000900. 2012To evaluate the expression of epithelial membrane protein-2 (EMP2) protein and its clinicopathological associations in patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma.
- Effect of diabetes mellitus on mycophenolate sodium pharmacokinetics and inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase activity in stable kidney transplant recipientsChirag G Patel
Department of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, Rhode Island 02881, USA
Ther Drug Monit 29:735-42. 2007..In contrast, IMPDH activity was 17.5+/-2.8 versus 46.6+/-2.5 nmol XMP/h/microg protein in diabetics and nondiabetics, respectively (P<0...
- The tetraspan protein EMP2 regulates expression of caveolin-1Ashley Forbes
Molecular Biology Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 282:26542-51. 2007..b>EMP2 (epithelial membrane protein 2) is a tetraspan protein recently identified as a novel regulator of caveolin-1 ..
- IMP dehydrogenase is recruited to the transcription complex through serine 2 phosphorylation of RNA polymerase IIJae Hyun Park
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, 300 Cheoncheon dong, Jangan gu, Suwon, Gyeonggi do 440 746, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 392:588-92. 2010..IMPDH) catalyzes the rate-limiting step in the de novo synthesis of guanine, namely the oxidation of IMP to XMP with a concomitant reduction of NAD+...
- Rewiring integrin-mediated signaling and cellular response with the peripheral myelin protein 22 and epithelial membrane protein 2 components of the tetraspan webShawn A Morales
Department of Ophthalmology, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:5465-72. 2011..Expression of the tetraspan protein epithelial membrane protein 2 (EMP2) controls gel contraction through FAK activation...
- Kinetic characterization of inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase of Leishmania donovaniFredrick Dobie
Institute of Parasitology, Macdonald Campus of McGill University, 21, 111 Lakeshore Road, Ste Anne de Bellevue, Quebec, Canada H9X 3V9
Mol Biochem Parasitol 152:11-21. 2007..Kinetic studies revealed that XMP and GMP were inhibitors with K(i) values of approximately 26 and 210 microM, respectively, suggesting that these ..
- [Cloning and characterization of the gene encoding IMPDH of Streptococcus suis serotype 2]Zhi Tao Duan
Institute of Veterinary Medicine, Jiangsu Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Nanjing 210014, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 46:730-3. 2006..that the protein has IMPDH function and can catalyze the rate-limiting reaction of GTP biosynthesis, the NAD-dependent reduction of IMP into XMP. Flow cytometry (FCM) revealed that the protein had apparent effect on HEp-2 cell cycle.
- The effects of removing the GAT domain from E. coli GMP synthetaseJessica L Abbott
Department of Chemistry, Lebanon Valley College, 101 N College Ave, Annville, PA 17003 1400, USA
Protein J 25:483-91. 2006E. coli GMP synthetase (GMPS) catalyzes the conversion of XMP to GMP...
- Cofactor mobility determines reaction outcome in the IMPDH and GMPR (β-α)8 barrel enzymesGregory C Patton
Department of Biology, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Chem Biol 7:950-8. 2011..Here we show that the GMPR reaction uses the same intermediate E-XMP* as IMPDH, but in this reaction the intermediate reacts with ammonia instead of water...
- Kinetically controlled drug resistance: how Penicillium brevicompactum survives mycophenolic acidXin E Sun
Graduate Program in Biochemistry, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts 02453, USA
J Biol Chem 286:40595-600. 2011..IMPDH catalyzes the conversion of IMP to XMP via a covalent enzyme intermediate, E-XMP*; MPA inhibits by trapping E-XMP*. P...
- Structure and inhibition of orotidine 5'-monophosphate decarboxylase from Plasmodium falciparumDavid B Langley
School of Molecular and Microbial Biosciences, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales 2006, Australia
Biochemistry 47:3842-54. 2008..6 +/- 0.7 nM) > xanthosine 5'-monophosphate (XMP, K i = 4.4 +/- 0...
- Crystal structure of the ATPPase subunit and its substrate-dependent association with the GATase subunit: a novel regulatory mechanism for a two-subunit-type GMP synthetase from Pyrococcus horikoshii OT3Shintaro Maruoka
Department of Applied Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
J Mol Biol 395:417-29. 2010..yield glutamate and ammonia, while ATPPase utilizes ammonia to convert adenyl xanthosine 5'-monophosphate (adenyl-XMP) into guanosine 5'-monophosphate...
- Xanthosine 5'-monophosphate (XMP). Acid-base and metal ion-binding properties of a chameleon-like nucleotideHelmut Sigel
Department of Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, University of Basel, Spitalstrasse 51, CH 4056 Basel, Switzerland
Chem Soc Rev 38:2465-94. 2009The four acidity constants of threefold protonated xanthosine 5'-monophosphate, H(3)(XMP)(+), reveal that in the physiological pH range around 7...
- Epithelial membrane protein-2 expression is an early predictor of endometrial cancer developmentOmar Habeeb
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Cancer 116:4718-26. 2010..Previously, the authors have shown that the tetraspan protein epithelial membrane protein-2 (EMP2) is a prognostic indicator for EC aggressiveness and survival...
- Epithelial membrane protein-2 is a novel therapeutic target in ovarian cancerMaoyong Fu
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:3954-63. 2010The tetraspan protein epithelial membrane protein-2 (EMP2) has been shown to regulate the surface display and signaling from select integrin pairs, and it was recently identified as a prognostic biomarker in human endometrial cancer...
- Identification of the myostatin locus (MSTN) as having a major effect on optimum racing distance in the Thoroughbred horse in the USAM M Binns
Equine Analysis, PO Box 4570, Midway, KY 40347, USA
Anim Genet 41:154-8. 2010..and under compared to 8-10 furlongs) identified a locus on ECA18 that was statistically significant (-log 10 EMP2=1.63) at the genome-wide level following permutation analysis (10,000 permutations)...
- Blockade of epithelial membrane protein 2 (EMP2) abrogates infection of Chlamydia muridarum murine genital infection modelKaori Shimazaki
Molecular Biology Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 55:240-9. 2009..Blockade of epithelial membrane protein 2 (EMP2) by genetic silencing or neutralizing polyclonal antibody reduced chlamydial infectivity in vitro...
- Diabodies targeting epithelial membrane protein 2 reduce tumorigenicity of human endometrial cancer cell linesKaori Shimazaki
Molecular Biology Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:7367-77. 2008..One promising biomarker is epithelial membrane protein 2 (EMP2), and its expression is an independent prognostic indicator for tumors with poor clinical outcome expression...
- FAK activation and the role of epithelial membrane protein 2 (EMP2) in collagen gel contractionShawn A Morales
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:462-9. 2009..Since EMP2 is highly expressed in retinal pigment epithelium, this study investigates the role of EMP2 in collagen gel ..
- Cellular IMPDH enzyme activity is a potential target for the inhibition of Chikungunya virus replication and virus induced apoptosis in cultured mammalian cellsM Khan
Division of Virology, Defence Research and Development Establishment, Jhansi Road, Gwalior 474002, MP, India
Antiviral Res 89:1-8. 2011..catalyzes an essential step in the de novo biosynthesis of guanine nucleotide, namely, the conversion of IMP to XMP. The depletion of the intracellular GTP and dGTP pools is the major event occurring in the cells exposed to the ..
- Family-based genome-wide association scan of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderEric Mick
Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street Warren 705, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49:898-905.e3. 2010..We have conducted a third, independent, multisite GWAS of DSM-IV-TR ADHD...
- Inhibition of IMPDH by mycophenolic acid: dissection of forward and reverse pathways using capillary electrophoresisM A Fleming
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139 4211, USA
Biochemistry 35:6990-7. 1996..Slow inhibition, without substrate turnover, was achieved by incubating free enzyme with excess XMP and MPA...
- Hypoxanthine guanine phosphoribosyltransferase distorts the purine ring of nucleotide substrates and perturbs the pKa of bound xanthosine monophosphateSpriha Gogia
National Centre for Biological Sciences, TIFR, GKVK Campus, Bellary Road, Bangalore 560065, India
Biochemistry 50:4184-93. 2011..We used ultraviolet resonance Raman spectroscopy to study the complexes of HGPRT with products (IMP, GMP, and XMP), in both organisms, in resonance with the purine nucleobase electronic absorption...
- Epithelial membrane protein-2 (EMP2) and experimental proliferative vitreoretinopathy (PVR)David G Telander
Department of Ophthalmology, University of California Davis, Sacramento, California, USA
Curr Eye Res 36:546-52. 2011..In an in vitro collagen-gel contraction assay, epithelial membrane protein 2 (EMP2) controls contraction through activation of focal adhesion kinase (FAK) in a RPE cell line (ARPE-19)...
- IMP dehydrogenase deficiency in Leishmania donovani causes a restrictive growth phenotype in promastigotes but is not essential for infection in miceAudrey L Fulwiler
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 180:123-6. 2011..a three-step pathway that starts with the deamination of guanine to xanthine, followed by phosphoribosylation to XMP and then conversion to GMP; or (3) direct guanine phosphoribosylation by HGPRT...
- Structural diversity and plasticity associated with nucleotides targeting orotidine monophosphate decarboxylaseEwa Poduch
Center for Molecular Design and Preformulations, Toronto General Research Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Med Chem 51:432-8. 2008..UMP and XMP exhibited higher affinities as compared to the other nucleotides tested...
- Acid-base and metal-ion-binding properties of xanthosine 5'-monophosphate (XMP) in aqueous solution: complex stabilities, isomeric equilibria, and extent of macrochelationHelmut Sigel
Department of Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, University of Basel, Spitalstrasse 51, 4056 Basel, Switzerland
Chemistry 12:8106-22. 2006The four acidity constants of threefold protonated xanthosine 5'-monophosphate, H3(XMP)+, reveal that at the physiological pH of 7...
- Knockdown of the tetraspan protein epithelial membrane protein-2 inhibits implantation in the mouseMadhuri Wadehra
Molecular Biology Institute, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Dev Biol 292:430-41. 2006..In this study, we demonstrate that the tetraspan protein epithelial membrane protein-2 (EMP2) is involved in these molecular interactions during implantation...
- Acid-base catalysis in the chemical mechanism of inosine monophosphate dehydrogenaseG D Markham
Institute for Cancer Research, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Biochemistry 38:4433-40. 1999Inosine-5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase (IMPDH) catalyzes the K+-dependent reaction IMP + NAD + H2O --> XMP + NADH + H+ which is the rate-limiting step in guanine nucleotide biosynthesis...
- N2-hydroxyguanosine 5'-monophosphate is a time-dependent inhibitor of Escherichia coli guanosine monophosphate synthetaseM L Deras
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907 1333, USA
Biochemistry 38:303-10. 1999..One untested hypothesis was that hydroxylamine serves as a substrate and intercepts a xanthosine 5'-monophosphate- (XMP-) adenylate intermediate in the enzyme active site...
- Metabolic effects of thiopurine derivatives against human CCRF-CEM leukaemia cellsR Z Shi
Department of Biochemistry, University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 30:885-95. 1998....
- Crystal structure of Tritrichomonas foetus inosine-5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase and the enzyme-product complexF G Whitby
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, University of California, San Francisco, 94143 0446, USA
Biochemistry 36:10666-74. 1997..The enzyme catalyzes the oxidation of inosine monophosphate (IMP) to xanthosine monophosphate (XMP), the committed step in de novo guanosine monophosphate (GMP) biosynthesis...
- High level expression of XMP aminase in Escherichia coli and its application for the industrial production of 5'-guanylic acidT Fujio
Planning and Development Department Food, Liquor and Food Division, Kyowa Hakko Kogya Co, Ltd, Tokyo, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 61:840-5. 1997To improve the efficiency of the enzymatic conversion of 5'-xanthylic acid (XMP) to 5'-guanylic acid (GMP), we attempted to increase the activity of the conversion enzyme, XMP aminase (GMP synthetase) encoded by the guaA gene in ..
- Characterization of a tumor-associated gene, a member of a novel family of genes encoding membrane glycoproteinsI Ben-Porath
Department of Genetics, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Givat Ram, Israel
Gene 183:69-75. 1996..In our search for human sequences homologous to TMP and PMP22, we identified two new genes which we have named XMP and YMP...
- Inactivation of inosine 5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase by the antiviral agent 5-ethynyl-1-beta-D-ribofuranosylimidazole-4-carboxamide 5'-monophosphateW Wang
Graduate Department of Biochemistry, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts 02254, USA
Biochemistry 35:95-101. 1996..IMPDH converts inosine 5'-monophosphate (IMP) to xanthosine 5'-monophosphate (XMP) with concomitant conversion of NAD+ to NADH...
- Preliminary X-ray analysis of Escherichia coli GMP synthetase: determination of anomalous scattering factors for a cysteinyl mercury derivativeJ J Tesmer
Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907
Proteins 18:394-403. 1994..GMPS catalyzes the conversion of XMP to GMP in the final step of de novo guanine nucleotide biosynthesis, and is a member of the glutamine ..
- Biochemical characterization of human GMP synthetaseJ Nakamura
Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Syntex Discovery Research, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
J Biol Chem 270:7347-53. 1995..Interaction of GMP synthetase with xanthosine 5'-monophosphate (XMP), a substrate, exhibits sigmoidal kinetics with a Hill coefficient of 1.48 +/- 0.07...
- Allelic differences in the VHOx-1 gene explain the absence of a B cell clonal dominance in the primary response of C57BL/6 mice to phthalateD B Winter
Department of Molecular Immunology, Rosewell Park Cancer Institute, Unit of the New York State Department of Health, Buffalo 14263, USA
J Immunol 155:2445-52. 1995..A highly conserved Id (CRIXmp-1) associated with the murine (BALB/c) humoral immune response to the hapten phthalate (Xmp) is conspicuously absent in C57BL/6 mice...
- Purification and characterization of GMP synthetase from Yoshida sarcoma ascites cellsK Hirai
Division of Protein Metabolism, Osaka University
J Biochem 102:893-902. 1987..Its isoelectric point was estimated to be 5.6. The Km values of this enzyme for XMP, ATP, and glutamine were calculated to be 4.6, 120, and 300 microM, respectively...
- Dual effects of pyrazofurin and 3-deazauridine upon pyrimidine and purine biosynthesis in mouse L1210 leukemiaM E Sant
Department of Biochemistry, University of Sydney, Australia
Cancer Res 49:2645-50. 1989..concentrations of N-succino-AICAR (SAICAR), AICAR, 5-formamidoimidazole-4-carboxamide ribotide (FAICAR), IMP, XMP, and GMP at later times indicate that AICAR transformylase is not significantly inhibited in cultured cells; rather ..
- Increased activity, amount, and altered kinetic properties of IMP dehydrogenase from mycophenolic acid-resistant neuroblastoma cellsS D Hodges
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Biol Chem 264:18137-41. 1989..4 nM to 3.4 microM for the enzyme from NB versus NB-Myco cells, and the Ki for XMP was increased 4-fold from 78 to 336 microM...
- Mycophenolic acid and thiazole adenine dinucleotide inhibition of Tritrichomonas foetus inosine 5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase: implications on enzyme mechanismL Hedstrom
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, University of California, San Francisco 94143
Biochemistry 29:849-54. 1990..dehydrogenase (IMPDH) catalyzes the oxidation of inosine 5'-monophosphate (IMP) to xanthosine 5'-monophosphate (XMP) with the conversion of NAD to NADH...
- A novel mechanism of mycophenolic acid resistance in the protozoan parasite Tritrichomonas foetusL Hedstrom
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, University of California, San Francisco 94143
Biochem Pharmacol 39:151-60. 1990..Xanthine incorporation via XMP provided an IMP dehydrogenase independent route to guanine nucleotides that would enable the parasite to become ..
- Regional localization of the human epithelial membrane protein genes 1, 2, and 3 (EMP1, EMP2, EMP3) to 12p12.3, 16p13.2, and 19q13.3T Liehr
Institute of Human Genetics, Schwabachanlage 10, Erlangen, D 91054, Germany
Genomics 58:106-8. 1999
- Structure-based identification of a novel NTPase from Methanococcus jannaschiiK Y Hwang
Structural Biology Center, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, Seoul, South Korea
Nat Struct Biol 6:691-6. 1999..analysis shows that Mj0226 protein is a novel nucleotide triphosphatase that can efficiently hydrolyze nonstandard nucleotides such as XTP to XMP or ITP to IMP, but not the standard nucleotides, in the presence of Mg2+ or Mn2+ ions.
- Spatial contaminant heterogeneity: quantification with scale of measurement at contrasting sitesPaul D Taylor
Centre for Environmental Research, School of Life Sciences, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, UKBN1 9QJ
J Environ Monit 7:1364-70. 2005..In situ portable X-ray fluorescence (PXRF) and X-ray microprobe (XMP) techniques were employed to test the feasibility of this approach...
- Candidate-gene screening and association analysis at the autism-susceptibility locus on chromosome 16p: evidence of association at GRIN2A and ABATGabrielle Barnby
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
Am J Hum Genet 76:950-66. 2005..10 positional candidate genes that map to 16p11-13 were examined for coding variants: A2BP1, ABAT, BFAR, CREBBP, EMP2, GRIN2A, MRTF-B, SSTR5, TBX6, and UBN1...
- [Activation of the alternative oxidase of Yarrowia lipolytica by adenosine 5'-monophosphate]A G Medentsev
Skryabin Institute of Biochemistry and Physiology of Microorganisms, Russian Academy of Sciences, pr Nauki 5, Pushchino, Moscow Oblast, 142290 Russia
Mikrobiologiia 73:149-56. 2004..amp = gmp > gdp > gtp > xmp > imp...
- Transcription status of vaccine candidate genes of Plasmodium falciparum during the hepatic phase of its life cycleMyriam Bodescot
INSERM U511, Immunobiologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire des Infections Parasitaires, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Pitie Salpetriere, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 91 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75643 Paris Cedex 13, France
Parasitol Res 92:449-52. 2004The CSP, EMP2/MESA, MSP2, MSP3, MSP5, RAP1, RAP2, RESA1, SERA1 and SSP2/TRAP genes of Plasmodium falciparum are vaccine candidates...
- Structural insights into the human and avian IMP cyclohydrolase mechanism via crystal structures with the bound XMP inhibitorDennis W Wolan
Department of Molecular Biology and The Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Biochemistry 43:1171-83. 2004..we focus on the IMPCH active site and the cyclohydrolase mechanism through comparison of crystal structures of XMP inhibitor complexes of human ATIC at 1.9 A resolution with the previously determined avian enzyme...
- Crystal structures of inhibitor complexes reveal an alternate binding mode in orotidine-5'-monophosphate decarboxylaseNing Wu
Department of Biochemistry, University of Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:28080-7. 2002..thermoautotrophicum complexed with its product UMP and the inhibitors 6-hydroxyuridine 5'-phosphate (BMP), XMP, and CMP are reported...
- 31P NMR studies of energy metabolism in xanthosine-5'-monophosphate overproducing Corynebacterium ammoniagenesYasushi Noguchi
Fermentation and Biotechnology Laboratories and Central Research Laboratories, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, Kawasaki ku, Kawasaki, Kanagawa, Japan
Eur J Biochem 270:2622-6. 2003Corynebacterium ammoniagenes is an overproducer of xanthosine-5'-monophosphate (XMP) by consuming either glcose (glc) or glutamic acid (glu)...
- Escherichia coli phnN, encoding ribose 1,5-bisphosphokinase activity (phosphoribosyl diphosphate forming): dual role in phosphonate degradation and NAD biosynthesis pathwaysBjarne Hove-Jensen
Department of Biological Chemistry, Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Bacteriol 185:2793-801. 2003..the ribose 1,5-bisphosphokinase activity to the activity of xanthine phosphoribosyltransferase in the presence of xanthine, which resulted in the formation of 5'-XMP, and by cochromatography of the reaction product with authentic PRPP.
- Analysis of purine nucleotides in lymphocytes from healthy subjects and AIDS patientsA Tabucchi
Istituto di Biochimica e di Enzimologia, , Italy
Biomed Pharmacother 46:25-9. 1992The most important purine nucleotides (NAD, AMP, IMP, GMP, XMP, ADP, ATP, GDP, GTP) were analyzed by HPLC in the lymphocytes of healthy subjects and HIV-1 seropositive patients at different stages of the disease (ARC-AIDS)...
- Broad-spectrum antiviral activity of the IMP dehydrogenase inhibitor VX-497: a comparison with ribavirin and demonstration of antiviral additivity with alpha interferonW Markland
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139 4242, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 44:859-66. 2000..catalyzes an essential step in the de novo biosynthesis of guanine nucleotides, namely, the conversion of IMP to XMP. The major event occurring in cells exposed to competitive IMPDH inhibitors such as ribavirin or uncompetitive ..
- Crystal structure at 2.4 A resolution of Borrelia burgdorferi inosine 5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase: evidence of a substrate-induced hinged-lid motion by loop 6F M McMillan
The Rosenstiel Basic Medical Sciences Research Center and Department of Biochemistry, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachussetts 02454, USA
Biochemistry 39:4533-42. 2000The conversion of inosine 5'-monophosphate (IMP) to xanthosine 5'-monophosphate (XMP) is the committed and rate-limiting reaction in de novo guanine nucleotide biosynthesis...
- Influence of mycophenolic acid on inosine 5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase activity in human peripheral blood mononuclear cellsHeide Daxecker
Institute of Laboratory Diagnostics and Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Cardiothoracic Research, Kaiser Franz Josef Hospital, Kundratstrasse 3, A 1100 Vienna, Austria
Clin Chim Acta 318:71-7. 2002..dehydrogenase (IMPDH) catalyses the oxidation of inosine 5'-monophosphate (IMP) to xanthosine 5'-monophosphate (XMP)...
- Non-radioactive determination of inosine 5'-monophosphate dehydro-genase (IMPDH) in peripheral mononuclear cellsP Glander
Department of Internal Medicine, Nephrology, University Medical Center Charite, Campus Mitte, Humboldt University, Schumannstr 20 21, 10098 Berlin, Germany
Clin Biochem 34:543-9. 2001..It was the aim of this study to develop a nonradioactive method for specific measurement of IMPDH activity in isolated peripheral mononuclear cells (MNC)...
- Use of cDNA microarrays to analyze dioxin-induced changes in human liver gene expressionF W Frueh
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 95305 5332, USA
Toxicol Lett 122:189-203. 2001..Most changes are relatively subtle (two- to four-fold). We verified the regulation of protooncogene cot, XMP, and human enhancer of filamentation-1 (HEF1), genes involved in cellular proliferation, as well as metallothionein,..
- Mapping of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1C to chromosome 16p identifies a novel locus for demyelinating neuropathiesValerie A Street
V M Bloedel Hearing Research Center, Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Am J Hum Genet 70:244-50. 2002..The epithelial membrane protein 2 gene (EMP2), which maps to chromosome 16p13.2, was evaluated as a candidate gene for CMT1C.
- IMP DEHYDROGENASE FROM PNEUMOCYSTIS AS A DRUG TARGETSHERRY QUEENER; Fiscal Year: 2000..carinii IMPDH, creating an insurmountable metabolic blockade because salvage pathways cannot supply adequate XMP or GMP to support proliferation of the organism. Specific aims are: 1) Purify recombinant P...
- BIOSYNTHESIS AND INTERCONVERSION OF PURINESJOSEPH GOTS; Fiscal Year: 1980..formation of the first intermediate, phosphoribosylamine, 2) the IMP-cyclohydrolase-transformylase complex, 3) IMP dehydrogenase, 4) XMP aminase, 5) GMP reductase, 6) purine phosphoribosyltransferases and 7) purine nucleoside kinases.
- Emp2: Potential Control Of Pathology In Retinal Pigment EpitheliumLynn Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2009..Recent studies support the hypothesis that blockade of a specific protein, epithelial membrane protein 2 (EMP2), or its downstream signaling pathway, may control the biologic response of RPE cells and decrease the potential ..
- MAPPING NUCLEOTIDE SITES OF E. COLI GMP SYNTHETASEOWEN MOE; Fiscal Year: 2000..The ATP pyrophosphatase domain provides binding sites for the nucleotides ATP and XMP and catalyzes the formation of an adenyl-XMP intermediate that reacts with ammonia produced on the glutamine ..
- Abnormal EMPS Expression Affects Pregnancy OutcomeJonathan Braun; Fiscal Year: 2006..identified, on the surface of uterine epithelium, a four transmembrane protein, epithelial membrane protein 2 (EMP2) that is required for successful implantation...
- Targeting EMP2 in Endometrial CancerMadhuri Wadehra; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The tetraspan protein EMP2 is a novel biomarker for endometrial cancer prognosis and survival...
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION RELATIONSHIPS OF GUANYLATE KINASEHonggao Yan; Fiscal Year: 1999..redesign the GMP site by mutagenesis so that the enzyme catalyzes phosphoryl transfer from ATP specifically to IMP, XMP, or AMP...
- ROLE OF THE TETRASPANIN EMP2 IN EARLY REPRODUCTIONCarmen Williams; Fiscal Year: 2002..of mouse eggs, embryos, and uterine epithelium, a novel tetraspanin protein called epithelial membrane protein 2 (EMP2)...
- ENZYMATIC MECHANISMS OF SULFUR NUCLEOSIDE METABOLISMGEORGE MARKHAM; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will unmask why nature conserves use of a pyruvoyl cofactor for this metabolic function instead of adopting the common pyridoxal cofactor. ..