Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: EIF3H
Description: eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3 subunit H
Alias: EIF3S3, eIF3-gamma, eIF3-p40, eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3 subunit H, eIF-3-gamma, eIF3 p40 subunit, eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3 subunit 3, eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3, subunit 2 (beta, 36kD), eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3, subunit 3 (gamma, 40kD), eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3, subunit 3 gamma, 40kDa
- Yu G, Liao J, Wu J, Ding J, Zhang L. The proliferation of colorectal cancer cells is suppressed by silencing of EIF3H. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2018;82:1694-1701 pubmed publisher..Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3, subunit H (EIF3H) is a subunit of EIF3, which is involved in mRNA recruitment and ribosomal complex disassembly and is known to be ..
- Carvajal Carmona L, Cazier J, Jones A, Howarth K, Broderick P, Pittman A, et al. Fine-mapping of colorectal cancer susceptibility loci at 8q23.3, 16q22.1 and 19q13.11: refinement of association signals and use of in silico analysis to suggest functional variation and unexpected candidate target genes. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:2879-88 pubmed publisher..We sought to fine-map the location of the functional variants for three of these regions at 8q23.3 (EIF3H), 16q22.1 (CDH1/CDH3) and 19q13.11 (RHPN2)...
- Daxinger L, Oey H, Apedaile A, Sutton J, Ashe A, Whitelaw E. A forward genetic screen identifies eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3, subunit H (eIF3h), as an enhancer of variegation in the mouse. G3 (Bethesda). 2012;2:1393-6 pubmed publisher..Here we report the identification of translation initiation factor 3, subunit H (eIF3h) in two modifier of murine metastable epialleles (Mommes) lines...
- Chen C, Lin M, Chen Y, Chern S, Chen Y, Wu P, et al. Prenatal diagnosis and array comparative genomic hybridization characterization of interstitial deletions of 8q23.3-q24.11 and 8q24.13 associated with Langer-Giedion syndrome, Cornelia de Lange syndrome and haploinsufficiency of TRPS1, RAD21 and EXT1. Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol. 2015;54:592-6 pubmed publisher..88-Mb deletion of 8q23.3-q24.11 encompassing six OMIM genes, TRPS1, EIF3H, RAD21, SLC30A8, MED30, and EXT1, and a 1.383-Mb deletion of 8q24...
- Zhang Y, Ran Y, Xiong Y, Zhong Z, Wang Z, Fan X, et al. Effects of TMEM9 gene on cell progression in hepatocellular carcinoma by RNA interference. Oncol Rep. 2016;36:299-305 pubmed publisher..Western blotting indicated that expression of the cell cycle?related proteins CDK1, EIF3H, RPL10L, S100A10, CCNB1 and CCNB2 was significantly decreased...
- Mead E, Masterton R, Feary M, Obrezanova O, Zhang L, Young R, et al. Biological insights into the expression of translation initiation factors from recombinant CHOK1SV cell lines and their relationship to enhanced productivity. Biochem J. 2015;472:261-73 pubmed publisher..We have determined mRNA and protein levels of the key components of the closed loop, eIFs (eIF3a, eIF3b, eIF3c, eIF3h, eIF3i and eIF4G1), poly(A)-binding protein (PABP) 1 and PABP-interacting protein 1 (PAIP1), across a panel of 30 ..
- Carvalho A, Chu J, Meinguet C, Kiss R, Vandenbussche G, Masereel B, et al. A harmine-derived beta-carboline displays anti-cancer effects in vitro by targeting protein synthesis. Eur J Pharmacol. 2017;805:25-35 pubmed publisher..More precisely, we found that the mRNA expression levels of the initiation factors EIF1AX, EIF3E and EIF3H differ when comparing resistant or sensitive cell models to CM16. Additionally, CM16 induced eIF2? phosphorylation...
- Camargo L, Collura V, Rain J, Mizuguchi K, Hermjakob H, Kerrien S, et al. Disrupted in Schizophrenia 1 Interactome: evidence for the close connectivity of risk genes and a potential synaptic basis for schizophrenia. Mol Psychiatry. 2007;12:74-86 pubmed
- Sevinc A, Fung L. Non-erythroid beta spectrin interacting proteins and their effects on spectrin tetramerization. Cell Mol Biol Lett. 2011;16:595-609 pubmed publisher..We also found that the syntaxin binding protein 1 fragment abolished ?II-N and ?II-C interaction, suggesting that this protein may inhibit or regulate non-erythroid spectrin tetramer formation. ..
- Lee C, Dias A, Jedrychowski M, Patel A, Hsu J, Reed R. Human DDX3 functions in translation and interacts with the translation initiation factor eIF3. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:4708-18 pubmed publisher..We conclude that a primary function for DDX3 is in protein translation, via an interaction with eIF3. ..
- Jia H, Liu C, Ge F, Xiao C, Lu C, Wang T, et al. Identification of ubiquitinated proteins from human multiple myeloma U266 cells by proteomics. Biomed Environ Sci. 2011;24:422-30 pubmed publisher..This suggested the involvement of many endogenous proteins in the ubiquitination in MM. ..
- Lee A, Kranzusch P, Cate J. eIF3 targets cell-proliferation messenger RNAs for translational activation or repression. Nature. 2015;522:111-4 pubmed publisher..Our findings illuminate a new role for eIF3 in governing a specialized repertoire of gene expression and suggest that binding of eIF3 to specific mRNAs could be targeted to control carcinogenesis. ..
- Nakajima M, Takahashi A, Tsuji T, Karasugi T, Baba H, Uchida K, et al. A genome-wide association study identifies susceptibility loci for ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament of the spine. Nat Genet. 2014;46:1012-6 pubmed publisher..Analyses of gene expression in and around the loci suggested that several genes are involved in OPLL etiology through membranous and/or endochondral ossification processes. Our results bring new insight to the etiology of OPLL...
- Allouch A, Cereseto A. Identification of cellular factors binding to acetylated HIV-1 integrase. Amino Acids. 2011;41:1137-45 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, few two-hybrid hits bind with the same affinity the acetylated and the unmodified IN. These results further underlie the relevance of IN post-translational modification by acetylation in HIV-1 replication cycle. ..
- Okamoto H, Yasui K, Zhao C, Arii S, Inazawa J. PTK2 and EIF3S3 genes may be amplification targets at 8q23-q24 and are associated with large hepatocellular carcinomas. Hepatology. 2003;38:1242-9 pubmed..3) and EIF3S3 (at 8q23.3), but for none of the other candidates, which included MYC (8q24.1)...
- Holz M, Ballif B, Gygi S, Blenis J. mTOR and S6K1 mediate assembly of the translation preinitiation complex through dynamic protein interchange and ordered phosphorylation events. Cell. 2005;123:569-80 pubmed..Thus, the eIF3 preinitiation complex acts as a scaffold to coordinate a dynamic sequence of events in response to stimuli that promote efficient protein synthesis. ..
- Mayeur G, Fraser C, Peiretti F, Block K, Hershey J. Characterization of eIF3k: a newly discovered subunit of mammalian translation initiation factor elF3. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:4133-9 pubmed..The studies of eIF3k complete the characterization of mammalian eIF3 subunits. ..
- Querol Audi J, Sun C, Vogan J, Smith M, Gu Y, Cate J, et al. Architecture of human translation initiation factor 3. Structure. 2013;21:920-8 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the conserved architecture of eIF3 and how it scaffolds key factors that control translation initiation in higher eukaryotes, including humans. ..
- Mahmood S, Gruel N, Chapeaublanc E, Lescure A, Jones T, Reyal F, et al. A siRNA screen identifies RAD21, EIF3H, CHRAC1 and TANC2 as driver genes within the 8q23, 8q24.3 and 17q23 amplicons in breast cancer with effects on cell growth, survival and transformation. Carcinogenesis. 2014;35:670-82 pubmed publisher..Four of six other candidate driver genes-RAD21 and EIF3H, both on chromosome 8q23, CHRAC1 on chromosome 8q24...
- Asano K, Kinzy T, Merrick W, Hershey J. Conservation and diversity of eukaryotic translation initiation factor eIF3. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:1101-9 pubmed..Although p36 and p116 have homologous protein subunits in yeast eIF3, the p110 homolog, Nip1, is not detected in yeast eIF3 preparations. The results indicate both conservation and diversity in eIF3 between yeast and humans. ..
- Peters U, Hutter C, Hsu L, Schumacher F, Conti D, Carlson C, et al. Meta-analysis of new genome-wide association studies of colorectal cancer risk. Hum Genet. 2012;131:217-34 pubmed publisher..03; combined p value 1.9 × 10(-4)). Our study suggests a complex nature of the contribution of common genetic variants to risk for colorectal cancer. ..
- Zhang Y, You J, Wang X, Weber J. The DHX33 RNA Helicase Promotes mRNA Translation Initiation. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:2918-31 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a newly recognized function of DHX33 in mRNA translation initiation, further solidifying its central role in promoting cell growth and proliferation. ..
- Morris J, Kandpal G, Ma L, Austin C. DISC1 (Disrupted-In-Schizophrenia 1) is a centrosome-associated protein that interacts with MAP1A, MIPT3, ATF4/5 and NUDEL: regulation and loss of interaction with mutation. Hum Mol Genet. 2003;12:1591-608 pubmed
- Methot N, Rom E, Olsen H, Sonenberg N. The human homologue of the yeast Prt1 protein is an integral part of the eukaryotic initiation factor 3 complex and interacts with p170. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:1110-6 pubmed..Our data, combined with those of Hershey and co-workers, suggest that mammalian eIF3 is composed of at least 10 subunits: p170, p116 (hPrt1), p110, p66, p48, p47, p44, p40, p36, and p35. ..
- Savinainen K, Linja M, Saramäki O, Tammela T, Chang G, Brinkmann A, et al. Expression and copy number analysis of TRPS1, EIF3S3 and MYC genes in breast and prostate cancer. Br J Cancer. 2004;90:1041-6 pubmed..TRPS1, MYC and EIF3S3 genes are located in one of the minimal regions of amplification, 8q23-q24, and have been suggested to be the ..
- Whiffin N, Hosking F, Farrington S, Palles C, Dobbins S, Zgaga L, et al. Identification of susceptibility loci for colorectal cancer in a genome-wide meta-analysis. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:4729-37 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide further insights into the genetic and biological basis of inherited genetic susceptibility to CRC. ..
- Pittman A, Naranjo S, Jalava S, Twiss P, Ma Y, Olver B, et al. Allelic variation at the 8q23.3 colorectal cancer risk locus functions as a cis-acting regulator of EIF3H. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1001126 pubmed publisher..rs16888589 interacts with the promoter of gene for eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3, subunit H (EIF3H)...
- Zhu Q, Qiao G, Zeng X, Li Y, Yan J, Duan R, et al. Elevated expression of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3H is associated with proliferation, invasion and tumorigenicity in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2016;7:49888-49901 pubmed publisherWe studied the role of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3 subunit H (EIF3H) in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) progression. High EIF3H expression was observed in 50.23% patients...
- Cappuzzo F, Varella Garcia M, Rossi E, Gajapathy S, Valente M, Drabkin H, et al. MYC and EIF3H Coamplification significantly improve response and survival of non-small cell lung cancer patients (NSCLC) treated with gefitinib. J Thorac Oncol. 2009;4:472-8 pubmed publisherWe investigated the incidence of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3 subunit H (EIF3H) and MYC amplification in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients, and whether MYC/EIF3H increased gene copy number affected response to ..
- Block K, Vornlocher H, Hershey J. Characterization of cDNAs encoding the p44 and p35 subunits of human translation initiation factor eIF3. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:31901-8 pubmed..Possession of cloned cDNAs encoding all 10 subunits of eIF3 provides the tools necessary to elucidate the functions of the individual subunits and the structure of the eIF3 complex. ..
- Mishra A, Yazar S, Hewitt A, Mountain J, Ang W, Pennell C, et al. Genetic variants near PDGFRA are associated with corneal curvature in Australians. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:7131-6 pubmed publisher..Results of initial genomewide association studies (GWAS) for CC in Australians were also reported...
- Kupfer S, Anderson J, Hooker S, Skol A, Kittles R, Keku T, et al. Genetic heterogeneity in colorectal cancer associations between African and European americans. Gastroenterology. 2010;139:1677-85, 1685.e1-8 pubmed publisher..35; P = .04), and altogether the odds ratios were in the opposite direction for 9 of the 22 SNPs tested. There is genetic heterogeneity in CRC associations in Americans of African versus European descent. ..
- Pukala T, Ruotolo B, Zhou M, Politis A, Stefanescu R, Leary J, et al. Subunit architecture of multiprotein assemblies determined using restraints from gas-phase measurements. Structure. 2009;17:1235-43 pubmed publisher..We apply this approach to study two subcomplexes of the human eukaryotic initiation factor 3, for which there is no high-resolution structure. ..
- Masutani M, Sonenberg N, Yokoyama S, Imataka H. Reconstitution reveals the functional core of mammalian eIF3. EMBO J. 2007;26:3373-83 pubmed..Extensive deletion analyses suggest that three evolutionarily conserved subunits (eIF3a, eIF3b, and eIF3c) and three non-conserved subunits (eIF3e, eIF3f, and eIF3h) comprise the functional core of mammalian eIF3.
- Damoc E, Fraser C, Zhou M, Videler H, Mayeur G, Hershey J, et al. Structural characterization of the human eukaryotic initiation factor 3 protein complex by mass spectrometry. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2007;6:1135-46 pubmed..It is noteworthy that none of these four subunits were found to be phosphorylated. These data raise interesting questions about the function of phosphorylation as it relates to the core subunits of the complex. ..